Author Topic: Quick Join Sabotage?  (Read 42057 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: Quick Join Sabotage?
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »
So now when I see a third gunner or a second pilot join my ship mid game I can assume that they saw the crew they would be flying with and chose to be the least effective member on it?

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2013, 06:35:17 pm »
So now when I see a third gunner or a second pilot join my ship mid game I can assume that they saw the crew they would be flying with and chose to be the least effective member on it?

No, it's more likely they clicked on an open spot and got whisked away to the game before getting a chance to change their class.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 24, 2013, 03:54:33 pm »
Joining a match just when it closes will lock you in as well without letting you even see the lobby screen.  Pretty annoying.

Offline RaptorSystems

• Salutes: 6
    • [BFS]
    • View Profile
    • Fab Lab Adelaide
« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2013, 08:27:20 pm »
Joining a match just when it closes will lock you in as well without letting you even see the lobby screen.  Pretty annoying.

Generally, you can abandon match, switch role & adjust it and get back in relatively fast (before the first fight). Annoying I know, but better than playing an entire match as a second gunner on a goldfish.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2013, 10:28:28 am »

Generally, you can abandon match, switch role & adjust it and get back in relatively fast (before the first fight). Annoying I know, but better than playing an entire match as a second gunner on a goldfish.

Nope.  You have to stay out of the match until the three minute timer runs out before you can rejoin as a different class, unless the latest patch changed how that works.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 28, 2013, 10:33:15 am »

Nope.  You have to stay out of the match until the three minute timer runs out before you can rejoin as a different class, unless the latest patch changed how that works.

The patch isn't out yet.

And wrong. You don't need to wait. Instead of pressing resume, you can go into the match list and select the match manually. You'll then rejoin with your new class.

Offline Helmic

• [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 28, 2013, 10:44:56 am »

The patch isn't out yet.

And wrong. You don't need to wait. Instead of pressing resume, you can go into the match list and select the match manually. You'll then rejoin with your new class.

I could have sworn I've tried that before plenty of times trying to find a way around that timer.  Guess I was doing something wrong then.  Still annoying, though, and it doesn't undermine my point about new crew still being tricked by the UI.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 10:47:14 am by Helmic »

Offline RaptorSystems

• Salutes: 6
    • [BFS]
    • View Profile
    • Fab Lab Adelaide
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2013, 05:23:32 am »

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2013, 11:43:15 am »
Almost didn't click the link, glad I did, got a good laugh out of it.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2013, 11:59:48 am »
The link was not removed, but optimized.... now the system does not dump the player into running matches, but into waiting matches (I believe it also searches for 1-3 lvl matches first if the user fits that criteria)... So now if you get a pilot mid match, it's b/c he did it manually either as a troll, or he truly forgot which role he had selected...

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2013, 12:43:36 pm »
In fact, Quick Join will always drop a level 1-2 player into a beginner match, and will create a new beginner match for them if the existing ones are all full. Low-level players can only join a non-beginner match manually.

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #56 on: May 14, 2013, 12:59:41 pm »
So that is why low level players haven't been joining my ship mid game as the wrong class. Last night I went into a game with nothing but AI, and they stayed AI throughout the entire game, this is a great relief. My blood pressure thanks you, the throbbing vein above my right eye thanks you, and I thank you.

Offline lyravega

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 14, 2013, 05:10:45 pm »
There should be a button for the ship captain to prevent quick-joiners coming on their ship.

Not only that, that you were doing fine with an AI Engineer, but for example on a Goldfish, a 2nd gunner joins and screws things up. Why do you need 2 gunners, especially on a ship like Goldfish for example? Not to mention that, whenever your "trusted" gunner leaves the middle gun, these people can get inside them and screw every one shot they fire...

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 14, 2013, 10:10:29 pm »
In fact, Quick Join will always drop a level 1-2 player into a beginner match, and will create a new beginner match for them if the existing ones are all full. Low-level players can only join a non-beginner match manually.

That's awesome. What an elegant solution.