Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1131584 times)

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #180 on: February 25, 2013, 07:09:25 pm »
Oh you wouldn't happen to have it with you would you? An acquaintance of mine have been to the imperial library of Chang-Ning, there finding some information about a special kind of flare gun, very much matching yours in description. He wired me the results this morning. Seemingly it's supposed to contain some kind of map.
No wonder why someone would by a broken down, portable flare gun. But a map ina' flare gun? Wouldn' it be able to burn easy?

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 25, 2013, 07:12:26 pm »
Well I'm no expert on paper, maybe it's inside the grip or something?

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 25, 2013, 07:27:02 pm »
Oh you wouldn't happen to have it with you would you? An acquaintance of mine have been to the imperial library of Chang-Ning, there finding some information about a special kind of flare gun, very much matching yours in description. He wired me the results this morning. Seemingly it's supposed to contain some kind of map.

Oh and while I'm down here, would someone be as kind as to pour me a big strong one.

*Hands Sgt. Spoon a mug of Yiski's Reserve*

A rare flare gun huh? I think I know the one you're friend's talking about. Supposedly the map holds a location of some pre-world tech schematics. Powerful stuff to whoever could find it's location.

*Yiski walks into the back room for a few minutes. After, he emerges with a parchment in his hand bearing his seal*

Instead of waiting till the auction house opens tomorrow, given the circumstances, I'm gonna send a rushed correspondence to Ralph, the head of Anvala's auction house, for the info. He and I go way back during the early days of establishing and defending my plushie refinery.

*Walks outside and hails a local courier*
*Mutters instructions to the courier and hands him 5 sliver.*
*Courier heads off*
*Yiski turns to N-Sunderland*

No worries. I should be hearing back from Ralph within a few hours.

Offline Skyraider

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 25, 2013, 07:37:31 pm »
Pre-world tech schematics? I wonder if thatd' be the wind turbine that could change arid environments into perfect farming grounds, or worse, create hurricanes and tornadoes. I heard something along those lines, the Germans were very inventive about the machines they created, however they weren't able to release it for a unknown cause, and was never heard from again.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 25, 2013, 07:40:09 pm »
Pre-world tech schematics? I wonder if thatd' be the wind turbine that could change arid environments into perfect farming grounds, or worse, create hurricanes and tornadoes. I heard something along those lines, the Germans were very inventive about the machines they created, however they weren't able to release it for a unknown cause, and was never heard from again.

*Yiski turns to Skyraider*

That's just it... nobody really knows what type of tech it is... or even it is tech at all. Some say is lost cultural artifacts or some other pre-world stuff.

Offline Skyraider

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 25, 2013, 07:43:56 pm »
Well it ain't be good, since its gone for a reason.
*Opens a journal and scribbles down something*
Now that's on my "To-do" list, although we have lost the flare gun, we can still figure out what's so important about this map.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 25, 2013, 08:08:55 pm »
*Walks in with a crate of what look like a pile of componets*

Hello fellas, was out in the Dunes with my junker looking for parts to fix my gold.....

*sees the sight before him as N-Sunderland knocks out another patron as well as the last bit of what Sunderland says*

...fish. What in the world happen in here while I was gone?!? And Sunderland I didn't took your flare, i thought it was mine when you barged in here two days ago but at a closer inspection say it wasn't. I left it at the counter for when you return.

But any who while i was at the scrap pile i found these. Ancient stuff that i presume before the "Icarus " went up.

*sees the scematics at the table*

Oh I remember that when i was with my father when he takes me to the imperial library when i was young. If i recall correctly it was more than a flare gun, i think it had a two part mechanism, one it shoots the flare that blinds the enemy with its intense light, then shoots off a small rocket of some sorts from a bottom barrel disabling the ship.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 08:14:58 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 25, 2013, 08:50:15 pm »
*Courier runs into the saloon and hands Yiski a letter bearing Ralph's seal*
*Yiski opens and reads the letter*

Hmm.... well this is really odd. Seems like even Ralph doesn't know who the bird masked fellow is, but according to some of his workers that move goods in and out of the docks, they noticed "Birdman" getting onto a galleon named "Soaring Wing".

I guess if we want to know where "Birdman," your gun, and the map is, we'll have to ask the Dockmaster where his ship was heading.

*Yiski looks to everybody*

Oh by the skies, anybody up for a little chase?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 25, 2013, 09:26:12 pm »
*Courier runs into the saloon and hands Yiski a letter bearing Ralph's seal*
*Yiski opens and reads the letter*

Hmm.... well this is really odd. Seems like even Ralph doesn't know who the bird masked fellow is, but according to some of his workers that move goods in and out of the docks, they noticed "Birdman" getting onto a galleon named "Soaring Wing".

I guess if we want to know where "Birdman," your gun, and the map is, we'll have to ask the Dockmaster where his ship was heading.

*Yiski looks to everybody*

Oh by the skies, anybody up for a little chase?

The skies will be alight with the fire of our guns until I get that flare back.

I'm in.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 25, 2013, 09:33:37 pm »

The skies will be alight with the fire of our guns until I get that flare back.

I'm in.

Wow Sunder thats one special flare gun you had there. An ancient one with a map in matter of fact. But yah i should have kept that on me so that i could return it to you later instead of leaving it here out in the open. But, how long did you have that gun and didnt notice that it had a second barrel?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 25, 2013, 09:38:16 pm »
Wow Sunder thats one special flare gun you had there. An ancient one with a map in matter of fact. But yah i should have kept that on me so that i could return it to you later instead of leaving it here out in the open. But, how long did you have that gun and didnt notice that it had a second barrel?

I salvaged it from the dreadnought, back when I rebuilt the whole damn thing in three hours (promptly crashing it in the same spot five minutes later). That would have been a good twenty years ago. It was just lying there, covered in sand. I only use it whenever I come into this place after spending a few weeks locked up or something, or when I'm getting a bit too close to those raiders.

Offline Skyraider

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 25, 2013, 09:39:03 pm »
I'm in, I am curious about what this map leads to.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 25, 2013, 09:40:11 pm »
*Quietly taking in the entire conversation, he rocks in his chair*

As much as I hate followin' maps, Ill see where this dust storm takes us. You certainly arent flying through the Dusty Mistress on your own.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 25, 2013, 09:42:28 pm »
START OF OUT OF CHARACTER MOMENT

Alright, so I've consequently lead (for better or for worse) this world into a quest situation. Only those that have posted in this thread currently can join. Also, there will be a clearly marked side-story mission in the cantina.

The quest will be restricted in the following manner:
1) Ships require the standard 4 crew members (1 captain required and 3 crew of any class)
2) If more than one ship leaves for the mission, then the other ship must be fully crewed.
3) If your character undertakes the mission, then the character is unable to participate in the main thread until it's completion.
4) Other restrictions I see fit as they come up.

If you wish to partake in this mission, then please make it clear by the end of the saloon closing which will be around 12 a.m. - 1 a.m. Eastern Standard time.

Details regarding the quest will be released as soon as I can figure them out.

END OF OUT OF CHARACTER MOMENT

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 25, 2013, 09:44:44 pm »
Well with what i found earlier in the day at the scrap pile, i think some of these stuff can help us out. They look so old even with some of the books i took with me from Yesha didnt have anything on it