Guns Of Icarus Online

Community => The Cantina => Topic started by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 12:09:24 am

Title: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 12:09:24 am
Welcome brethren of the skies to the Burning Sky Saloon! When I'm not blasting raiders attempting to take my plushie refinery, I will be running this lovely establishment.

This will be where many of you will unwind, let loose, and consume obscene amounts of rum or grog until your next mission. We'll recant our stories and previous missions, sing to our hearts content, and reminisce of our fallen. While I don't mind a good fight breaking out now and again, taking things too serious or far you'll find yourself wishing you were on a burning squid surrounded by galleons.

While I do have the standard rum and grog found in any watering hole, you'll only find my specialty drinks here which are a highly guarded secret (which may or may not involved flamer fuel, gunpowder, and a pinch (sometimes a lot) of lochnagar powder) and aptly named Hellfire.

Few words of caution:
(1) DRINK IMMEDIATELY. You don't want to know what happens when it sits for a while.
(2) KEEP IT FAR AWAY FROM ANY HEAT SOURCES. Last poor soul learned that the hard way. Never did manage to find all his fingers.
(3) NEVER LET IT TOUCH SKIN. It hurts to say the least.
(4) NEVER LET THE FIRST THREE CONDITIONS OCCUR AT THE SAME TIME. Ever.

Clear skies and good sailing to you all.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 23, 2013, 08:42:13 am
Three questions:

Are the plushies cheap?

Are the drinks cheap?

Can they be used as airship fuel (the drinks, not the plushies)?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 10:01:36 am
Plushie costs vary depending on which model you plan on getting. Currently I'm up to the Mk.III on certain plushies.

The standard drinks are fairly cheap given the saloon is frequented regularly and thus I have good supply agreements with distributors. Now when it comes to the Hellfire... it'll depend on the size. Standard shots will cost you, but if you're feeling suicidal and get a mug, I'll pay in prototype plushies for those able to survive.

The nifty thing about the Hellfire is it be used as fuel, but makes for a much more effective ammunition. I feel sorry for the poor raider bastards who I've used it against. Basically, dipping the ship in the frozen waters of the Fjords can't put out the flames.

Oddly, I've learned the plushies can be used as fuel too. Probably because during the final refining processes, the fabric used is made up of 80% kerosene and 20% love and care.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: SeaMichelle on February 23, 2013, 11:12:50 am
*I walk in and take a look around, then I take a seat at the bar*
Pardon, barkeep! What's your cheap ale? I'll have that.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 11:21:38 am
Hell everything here is cheap. The rum, ale, grog, and even Hellfire are all cheap. It just depends on how much you got.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: SeaMichelle on February 23, 2013, 11:28:55 am
*I reach into my pocket and retrieve a fistful of something, then smack it on the desk revealing five brass coins* How much can I get for that?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 11:36:52 am
Five brass huh... Alright.

*Places a two large mugs under the tap*
*Hands SeaWulfie the both mugs*

Here's two mugs of what I consider your above average ale. Lucky for you, I've got a special going. Now drink up and enjoy.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: SeaMichelle on February 23, 2013, 11:38:33 am
*I grab one mug unenthusiastically and chug a huge sip, then place it on the table and gasp for air* That... Is some damn... good ale.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 23, 2013, 11:41:28 am
Hell, had a time trainin' and prospecting new crewmates. Bartender give me your biggest mug of Hellfire. I know it be suicidal but I'll pay for it, didn't get the nickname "borderline" if I weren't crazy. What the hell not, first rounds on me, and don't fret about money just take out what you need from my unconscious body.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 23, 2013, 12:09:04 pm
*Stumbles in and looks around* Oh, crap... what have I gotten myself into this time...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 05:07:28 pm
Hell, had a time trainin' and prospecting new crewmates. Bartender give me your biggest mug of Hellfire. I know it be suicidal but I'll pay for it, didn't get the nickname "borderline" if I weren't crazy. What the hell not, first rounds on me, and don't fret about money just take out what you need from my unconscious body.

Welp, your funeral. *Hands a mug of Hellfire to you* Clear skies!

*Yells* Alright. The next rounds is on our fine brother here.

*Stumbles in and looks around* Oh, crap... what have I gotten myself into this time...

Well you couldn't have stumbled into a better place. Take a seat and let's have a look at you.

*Looks at you* Well, it doesn't look serious. Fortunately, I've got some rum that'll perk you up. Here *hands you a small mug* this one's courtesy of BdrLineAzn.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 23, 2013, 06:13:17 pm
*Grabs the drink and chug it down* ............YEAOWZA that hit the spot, you weren't kidding about that mixture.  Just tell me where the head is later and the drinks coming I am good.

*Stumbles in and looks around* Oh, crap... what have I gotten myself into this time...

Looks green but with proper train' we can get you to become one of the top finest. Like what the tender said just take a seat and cheers mate.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BerserkArcher on February 23, 2013, 06:24:08 pm
*walks in slowly and takes a seat in the corner*
Please. Grog.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Furrymessiah on February 23, 2013, 07:35:36 pm
With a casual swagger and a bloodstained mallet tucked into the loop on the side of...'her' coveralls, the one and only Furry saunters into the establishment. Eyes obscured with a set of jaunty goggles and her hair pinned back into a loose explosion that could be, in the loosest terms, considered a ponytail, the tall, lanky drink of water made her way up to the barkeep. Looking over the assembled patrons, her nostrils curled at the obvious perfume of equal parts desperation, machismo, and misappropriated flamer fuel.

Putting her hands palms-down on the counter, she barked a gruff laugh, then cast her gaze over at the tender. "You got cider here, chum? If y'do, I'll take two pints, and a packet of cracklin's."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 23, 2013, 07:58:13 pm
With a casual swagger and a bloodstained mallet tucked into the loop on the side of...'her' coveralls, the one and only Furry saunters into the establishment. Eyes obscured with a set of jaunty goggles and her hair pinned back into a loose explosion that could be, in the loosest terms, considered a ponytail, the tall, lanky drink of water made her way up to the barkeep. Looking over the assembled patrons, her nostrils curled at the obvious perfume of equal parts desperation, machismo, and misappropriated flamer fuel.

Putting her hands palms-down on the counter, she barked a gruff laugh, then cast her gaze over at the tender. "You got cider here, chum? If y'do, I'll take two pints, and a packet of cracklin's."

*snickers at the gal* You should be careful, them ain't exactly the friendly skies.

*drinks the offered cup in one swing... then realizes how stupid that was and suffers the burn* Well now... *cough* Fine stuff you've got here. I saw these flying contraptions passing overhead and I figured that it seemed like a good time. I haven't exactly figured out my trade, since I'm handy with anything that I've got in my hands. I can fly, shoot, and fix just about anything that moves.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 09:15:00 pm
*walks in slowly and takes a seat in the corner*
Please. Grog.

Here you go. The highest quality grog this side of Anvala.

With a casual swagger and a bloodstained mallet tucked into the loop on the side of...'her' coveralls, the one and only Furry saunters into the establishment. Eyes obscured with a set of jaunty goggles and her hair pinned back into a loose explosion that could be, in the loosest terms, considered a ponytail, the tall, lanky drink of water made her way up to the barkeep. Looking over the assembled patrons, her nostrils curled at the obvious perfume of equal parts desperation, machismo, and misappropriated flamer fuel.

Putting her hands palms-down on the counter, she barked a gruff laugh, then cast her gaze over at the tender. "You got cider here, chum? If y'do, I'll take two pints, and a packet of cracklin's."

*snickers at the gal* You should be careful, them ain't exactly the friendly skies.

*drinks the offered cup in one swing... then realizes how stupid that was and suffers the burn* Well now... *cough* Fine stuff you've got here. I saw these flying contraptions passing overhead and I figured that it seemed like a good time. I haven't exactly figured out my trade, since I'm handy with anything that I've got in my hands. I can fly, shoot, and fix just about anything that moves.

*Looks over to Psyran after serving BerserkArcher*

Better watch yourself Psyran. I've seen what Furrymessiah can do when she's miffed. And when she's carrying her mallet, she's more furious than 20 hwachas loaded with burst rounds.

*Carries two pints of Furrymessiah's favorite cider*

Here you go. Should I add it to your tab?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 23, 2013, 09:26:03 pm
*Looks over to Psyran after serving BerserkArcher*

Better watch yourself Psyran. I've seen what Furrymessiah can do when she's miffed. And when she's carrying her mallet, she's more furious than 20 hwachas loaded with burst rounds.

*Carries two pints of Furrymessiah's favorite cider*

Here you go. Should I add it to your tab?

Regardless if she's crewing with me or no, miffed is the way to be. Keeps the blood warm and the wits sharp.

Since you're passing out poison, please pass me some ale... good sir.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 23, 2013, 09:32:36 pm
*without looking up from my drink*

Yiski remember first round one all on me.

*then turns to Pysyran*

And like i said earlier still a little green. Just watch your self when it comes these parts. I was once like you, all green and not knowing where to put myself. And getting Furrymessiah steamed.... well like Yiski said, your death wish.

Give me a nice cool one that Hellfire is getting to me.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 23, 2013, 09:51:25 pm
This is a holdup! Hand over all your plushies or the place goes up in flames!

*points portable flare gun at drinks*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 10:02:45 pm
*without looking up from my drink*

Yiski remember first round one all on me.

*then turns to Pysyran*

And like i said earlier still a little green. Just watch your self when it comes these parts. I was once like you, all green and not knowing where to put myself. And getting Furrymessiah steamed.... well like Yiski said, your death wish.

Give me a nice cool one that Hellfire is getting to me.

*Looks at BdrLineAzn* I know. I know. Why'd ya think I didn't ask for any coin. *Hands BdrLineAzn and Psyran Frost Fire Ale* This should put you back straight.

(Little known fact. Frost Fire Ale has the same recipe as Hellfire. The effects of the either drink are determined by how each - and subsequently all specialty drinks - ingredient is mixed.)

This is a holdup! Hand over all your plushies or the place goes up in flames!

*points portable flare gun at drinks*

*Stares at N-Sunderland for a few seconds*
*Whole saloon is oddly silent*
*Everyone erupts in laughter*
*Yiski wipes a tear from his eye*

Dammit N-Sunderland, no matter how many times you've pulled that stunt over the years, I'm almost positive you're gonna accidentally pull the blasted trigger and be the death of me and everybody in this district. Now sit yourself down and tell us where you've been the past couple of weeks. Thought the raiders finally got the best of you and your captain.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 23, 2013, 10:18:19 pm
Hah! You know I can hardly aim a flare gun anyways.

I'm surprised you thought I'd finally fallen! Me, of all people! Was it not I who once held a Squid together against an armada of raiding Galleons, using nothing but a potted plant? Was it not I who rebuilt the dreadnought entirely in three hours, despite crashing it in the exact same spot five minutes later? Was it not I who managed to keep my captain's Junker alive long enough that we defeated our foes with nothing but a tar barrel?

Anyways, it suffices to say that those raiders have seen better days. We were flying through the fjords, minding our own business, when a hundred, nay, two hundred of those raiders came flying out from behind the mountains! Child's play.

But that's enough blabber for now. I'll take the usual.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 23, 2013, 10:19:18 pm
*finds an empty table and sits down with his drink*

*politely dusts off his boots before placing them on the table, as he leans back and takes a swig of his ale*

I like this place. A little tame, but alright. Some of you old timers act like you've got your pantyhose all twisted, though...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Furrymessiah on February 23, 2013, 10:24:35 pm
*snickers at the gal* You should be careful, them ain't exactly the friendly skies.

"You should keep that in mind y'self, friend. I'm liables to knock you so hard you forget how to hold a hammer, let alone give it a swing," She replied, giving him a smirk and an appraising glare.

Better watch yourself Psyran. I've seen what Furrymessiah can do when she's miffed. And when she's carrying her mallet, she's more furious than 20 hwachas loaded with burst rounds.

*Carries two pints of Furrymessiah's favorite cider*

Here you go. Should I add it to your tab?

"Of course, Yisk, you would know, havin' been under my mallet a time or two. Not half as hard as I've given it to Zill, but then again, he enjoys it less." Giving the man a wink, she picks up one of the pints and downs it like a man dying of thirst, setting the glass down and belching demurely. "As for the tab, go ahead. I'll pay you once my boss settles his tab with me."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 10:32:01 pm
Hah! You know I can hardly aim a flare gun anyways.

I'm surprised you thought I'd finally fallen! Me, of all people! Was it not I who once held a Squid together against an armada of raiding Galleons, using nothing but a potted plant? Was it not I who rebuilt the dreadnought entirely in three hours, despite crashing it in the exact same spot five minutes later? Was it not I who managed to keep my captain's Junker alive long enough that we defeated our foes with nothing but a tar barrel?

Anyways, it suffices to say that those raiders have seen better days. We were flying through the fjords, minding our own business, when a hundred, nay, two hundred of those raiders came flying out from behind the mountains! Child's play.

But that's enough blabber for now. I'll take the usual.

By the clear skies your whole grand adventures are hopped up on hydrogen as usual.
*Yiski hands N-Sunderland what appears to be a black liquid*
Still can't believe you drink this stuff. I swear you're the only one in this whole world who probably does.

*finds an empty table and sits down with his drink*

*politely dusts off his boots before placing them on the table, as he leans back and takes a swig of his ale*

I like this place. A little tame, but alright. Some of you old timers act like you've got your pantyhose all twisted, though...

*Yiski shoots a glance at Psyran*

Oi, rookie, you had best be careful. Most of the regulars who come by are the best at what they do. Hell, the only reason Anvala still stands is because of us.

*Yiski takes a large swig of Hellfire behind the counter*

If you want to last longer than you first magazine clip, then you better mind some manners. As far as being tame, the night hasn't started yet and you've yet to see the other big shots.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 23, 2013, 10:32:30 pm
With a slight limp, and a dusty mask, he swings the door wide and lets it slam. Standing there in his finest officer jacket (dust and time have not been kind to it) he beckons for 2 barrels to be carried in by a rough bunch behind him. As the barrels roll toward the bar, he surveys the room. No patron could see though the old hazard mask, warn for their protection moreover than his. His boots sound heavy as he inspects patrons on his way to Yiski...

"Boy this bunch looks rough Yiski. What you been offering these days? "

*Gives a pat on his back*

"Finest rum and moonshine in them barrels. The desert sure didnt want them to leave her sight either. Lets say we have a swig before it gets dusty."

*Beckons for a round on him and gives a glance at Furry*

"About time somethin' prettier than BdrLine came out of that wasteland."

He walks to his usual table and props up a chair for his tired body.




Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 10:41:30 pm

"Of course, Yisk, you would know, havin' been under my mallet a time or two. Not half as hard as I've given it to Zill, but then again, he enjoys it less." Giving the man a wink, she picks up one of the pints and downs it like a man dying of thirst, setting the glass down and belching demurely. "As for the tab, go ahead. I'll pay you once my boss settles his tab with me."

Bah, I've yet to recover from that last hit two months back! I swear, if you were any angrier, I'd thought you were intentionally trying to kill me. Anyways, I know your good on your tab.

*Yiski downs the remainder of his Hellfire*

Damn I can never get enough of this stuff.

With a slight limp, and a dusty mask, he swings the door wide and lets it slam. Standing there in his finest officer jacket (dust and time have not been kind to it) he beckons for 2 barrels to be carried in by a rough bunch behind him. As the barrels roll toward the bar, he surveys the room. No patron could see though the old hazard mask, warn for their protection moreover than his. His boots sound heavy as he inspects patrons on his way to Yiski...

Boy this bunch looks rough Yiski. What you been offering these days?

"Gives a pat on his back"

Finest rum and moonshine in them barrels. The desert sure didnt want them to leave her sight either. Lets say we have a swig before it gets dusty.

"Beckons for a round on him and gives a glance at Furry"

About time somethin' prettier than BdrLine came out of that wasteland.

He walks to his usual table and props up a chair for his tired body.


*Yiski staring at the man and immediately recognizing Zill*

By the gods, I was wondering when you'd come back from your salvage mission. Thought the council finally decided to get rid of you by giving you the Scrap job.

*Inspects the barrels*

Holy hell, you actually manage to find a barrel of Anvala Vintage No.2 and No.3. Thought the last of the stuff was lost forever and in the last place anybody expects to find it. I gotta say Zill, you're constantly full of surprises.

*Yiski hands himself a mug of No.2 and Zill a mug of No.3*
*Each raise their mugs to each other.*

To clear skies!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 23, 2013, 10:45:27 pm
Oi, Zill! Where's my money? Something about me not being able to keep a Spire alive during a double Pyra ram? Maybe that rings a bell for you? I'm getting impatient, Zill!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 23, 2013, 10:48:30 pm
* finishes his drink and allows the chair to slam down hard on the ground as he removes his boots from the table *

Let's get one thing straight real quick. You do not know me. You don't know if I'm the most wanted criminal or the next Mrs. Universe contestant. So before you start slinging those warnings and calling me 'new' or 'green', you think about that.

This isn't exactly the most friendly bunch, maybe I should just go wet my whistle somewhere else...

* flips a coin to the keep for his drink before he walks to the pisser *
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 23, 2013, 10:52:29 pm
*Walks in*
*In a low, mumble voice* Well, this is where all ye spend all your spare time..... Maybe I should take a break from the ole' fighting, Zill says I should quit harassing the new-comers. Trial by fire, or mostly fire with a mix of carronade, that's what I always say.
*In a much more louder voice* Well, if none of ye know me, I'll introduce me self. I am the Raider of Skies, Skyraider, and I've come to this establishment to get away from those pride-less, swabies. I may be an aggressive, honor driven warrior, I still can't pilot with people fallin' off me ship. Sure it may have holes from the enemy shooting at us, but its no excuse to get ye foot stuck on a board. Alas, everyone can't be perfect, although they should.
Also if you think I'm gettin' a drink I..... "Misplaced" my crews retirement funds, and that's what I was going to use. And I also was gettin' a spanner to fix those swabies I was put with, if I can fix a burnin' engine with it, why not fix stupidity?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 23, 2013, 10:52:58 pm
* finishes his drink and allows the chair to slam down hard on the ground as he removes his boots from the table *

Let's get one thing straight real quick. You do not know me. You don't know if I'm the most wanted criminal or the next Mrs. Universe contestant. So before you start slinging those warnings and calling me 'new' or 'green', you think about that.

This isn't exactly the most friendly bunch, maybe I should just go wet my whistle somewhere else...

* flips a coin to the keep for his drink before he walks to the pisser *

Look, you're standing in here with one hell of a gunner, one hell of a pilot, one hell of an engineer, and Furrymessiah. You'd better stop acting tough, or you're going to regret it. That flare gun is loaded, you know.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 23, 2013, 10:56:12 pm
Looks like this is a members only club. I can tell when new faces are not welcome.

See you in the sky...

*walks out*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 23, 2013, 10:57:06 pm
Quote
*Yiski staring at the man and immediately recognizing Zill*

By the gods, I was wondering when you'd come back from your salvage mission. Thought the council finally decided to get rid of you by giving you the Scrap job.

*Inspects the barrels*

Holy hell, you actually manage to find a barrel of Anvala Vintage No.2 and No.3. Thought the last of the stuff was lost forever and in the last place anybody expects to find it. I gotta say Zill, you're constantly full of surprises.

*Yiski hands himself a mug of No.2 and Zill a mug of No.3*
*Each raise their mugs to each other.*

To clear skies!

*Lets off a laugh*

"That damn Council couldnt shake me any better than the 3 burning Galleons I left behind after running the blockades. As for them barrels, lets just say our sandy mistress has a long way to go before her bounties are exhausted."

*Sits back and enjoys a fine swig from his mug of No.3*

Quote
Oi, Zill! Where's my money? Something about me not being able to keep a Spire alive during a double Pyra ram? Maybe that rings a bell for you? I'm getting impatient, Zill!

"Damn you still made it out of that raider camp? I was for sure that was the last of this friggen Spire nonsense id hear outta you."

*Tosses him his just due expenses*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 23, 2013, 11:01:28 pm
Looks like this is a members only club. I can tell when new faces are not welcome.

See you in the sky...

*walks out*

*Slides a chair in front of the door*

"Nonsense stranger. Treat these guys with the respect they deserve and you might just get the round I offered. They've crewed with lot worse then you, so either have your seat and enjoy, or enjoy the sandy abyss when she takes your resolve."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 23, 2013, 11:03:02 pm
Good doing business with you, Zill. You know, since Cogs is coming up soon, I was thinking we'd have another... arrangement. First one to be at the top of the table for five weeks straight takes all. Up for it?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 23, 2013, 11:03:41 pm
This is a holdup! Hand over all your plushies or the place goes up in flames!

*points portable flare gun at drinks*

Ahh i wonder where that flare gun went i was looking all over for it. Still up to that charm i see Sunder
With a slight limp, and a dusty mask, he swings the door wide and lets it slam. Standing there in his finest officer jacket (dust and time have not been kind to it) he beckons for 2 barrels to be carried in by a rough bunch behind him. As the barrels roll toward the bar, he surveys the room. No patron could see though the old hazard mask, warn for their protection moreover than his. His boots sound heavy as he inspects patrons on his way to Yiski...

"Boy this bunch looks rough Yiski. What you been offering these days? "

*Gives a pat on his back*

"Finest rum and moonshine in them barrels. The desert sure didnt want them to leave her sight either. Lets say we have a swig before it gets dusty."

*Beckons for a round on him and gives a glance at Furry*

"About time somethin' prettier than BdrLine came out of that wasteland."

He walks to his usual table and props up a chair for his tired body.






Ahh come one Zill you know there is noone out there with this develislly good Yeshan look *said sarcastically with good humor*
oh and nice with the chage of no.3
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 11:05:44 pm
*Yiski turns to face Zill*

I swear, the rookies keep looking younger and more brazen by the years. My god They always want to prove themselves. I still remember when we went on our first mission. We mistook a trade ship for a damned raider. *Laughs* Anyways since I'm gonna assume you've ran this past crew ragged, you're gonna need a new men or women for your next run. Why not take the rook?

*Yiski takes a sip of his No.2 and turns to Skyraider*

And Skyraider, we all know who the hell you are. I swear you've used the same intro for the past few years. Why not change up your intro a bit.

*Yiski walks to the bar goes back and hands Skyraider a mug of Yiski's Reserve*

And of course you can't fix stupidity with a spanner! Yer supposed to use the damn hammer!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 23, 2013, 11:10:15 pm
Good doing business with you, Zill. You know, since Cogs is coming up soon, I was thinking we'd have another... arrangement. First one to be at the top of the table for five weeks straight takes all. Up for it?

*Nods his mask with a smirk*

"I simply cant resist Sunderland. Double or nothin' and we have us an arrangement."


Ahh come one Zill you know there is noone out there with this develislly good Yeshan look *said sarcastically with good humor*
oh and nice with the chage of no.3

"Those Yeshans sure can turn a classy outfit. That No.3 wasn't too easy to pluck. I doubt the raiders knew what they had yet."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 23, 2013, 11:11:17 pm
And Skyraider, we all know who the hell you are. I swear you've used the same intro for the past few years. Why not change up your intro a bit.

*Yiski walks to the bar goes back and hands Skyraider a mug of Yiski's Reserve*

And of course you can't fix stupidity with a spanner! Yer supposed to use the damn hammer!
Well why change a glorious intro? If it ain't broke, don't fix it. And its safe to say I'd not waste a perfectly good hammer on a swabie.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 23, 2013, 11:15:27 pm
*Nods his mask with a smirk*

"I simply cant resist Sunderland. Double or nothin' and we have us an arrangement."

I see that your gambling addiction is as exploitable as ever. I'm looking forward to pocketing my reward.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 23, 2013, 11:18:07 pm
*Yiski turns to face Zill*

I swear, the rookies keep looking younger and more brazen by the years. My god They always want to prove themselves. I still remember when we went on our first mission. We mistook a trade ship for a damned raider. *Laughs* Anyways since I'm gonna assume you've ran this past crew ragged, you're gonna need a new men or women for your next run. Why not take the rook?

*Yiski takes a sip of his No.2 and turns to Skyraider*

And Skyraider, we all know who the hell you are. I swear you've used the same intro for the past few years. Why not change up your intro a bit.

*Yiski walks to the bar goes back and hands Skyraider a mug of Yiski's Reserve*

And of course you can't fix stupidity with a spanner! Yer supposed to use the damn hammer!

*Give a dusty laugh*

"Oh those were the days. Back when the Council was the least of my worries and that fine Quartermaster was all to myself. At least that trade ship had a decent haul. I still fly to where we buried that pile of Junker. Yea this crew was past their expiration date once we hit the 2nd blockade. Damned if they didnt get me home though. I dont mind a rook so long as he keeps his mouth in line, else those engines will see an extra run of moonshine."

*Beckons with his mug to Skyraider*

"He changes his intro as much as he changes his boat's guns. That old carronade is liable to shoot at him before too long."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 23, 2013, 11:19:06 pm
Also Zill, how's ye Goldfish doin'? Still on fire! Ha ha! Ehhhh......... I might be more drunk, or stupid, than anyone else here.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 23, 2013, 11:19:32 pm
*Slides a chair in front of the door*

"Nonsense stranger. Treat these guys with the respect they deserve and you might just get the round I offered. They've crewed with lot worse then you, so either have your seat and enjoy, or enjoy the sandy abyss when she takes your resolve."

*turns to Zill casually, not aggressively*
I have no problem giving respect where respect is due, but respect is a two-way street.

But then again, if I drink enough, I'll probably try and kiss every last one of you. Perhaps I just need a few more...

*walks back to the bar and gestures towards the keep with a few coins*

Give me your strongest stuff... and make it a double, please.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 23, 2013, 11:19:48 pm
*Nods his mask with a smirk*

"I simply cant resist Sunderland. Double or nothin' and we have us an arrangement."

I see that your gambling addiction is as exploitable as ever. I'm looking forward to pocketing my reward.

*Takes a long swig of his No.3*

"You kid yourself Sunder. You couldnt find a captain liable to hold that slot if your whole life's savings was on the line."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 23, 2013, 11:21:21 pm

And of course you can't fix stupidity with a spanner! Yer supposed to use the damn hammer!

A hammer? i persoanlyl like the buffer , it may put some more boost in them brains

*then turns towards to Psyan*

So whats your story. I mean where did you come from. Like i said earlier that i came straight all the way from Yesha. Was born to a family of the high middle class. Oh it was a good life, not too rich or poor, but not enough pazzas as it seems. Always looking for trouble around the capital. Got arrested a few times by the Imperial police. And let me tell ya not a plesaent experience. but how did i end up in these skies, well in one of my many "adventures" i was running from the police and ended up on the air docks and stow away in a leaving merchant ship. Once we left the crew found me out and almost threw me off unless i can i can prove my worth around here. So all in all that is how i started my travels and found my skills while meeting some of these "vagabonds" *chuckles* along the way

I bet if you ask "kindly" some of these floks can tell ya theres
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 23, 2013, 11:23:05 pm
Also Zill, how's ye Goldfish doin'? Still on fire! Ha ha! Ehhhh......... I might be more drunk, or stupid, than anyone else here.

*Yiski facepalms*

You were never one for alcohol.

*Walks back to the bar and fixes Psyran a double Hellfire*

Now I know BdrLineAzn can handle this stuff, but I'm sure you've read the sign outside about this stuff. Remember, you die, not my fault. End of story.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 23, 2013, 11:23:44 pm

A hammer? i persoanlyl like the buffer , it may put some more boost in them brains
Are you tryn' to fix a broken engine with a buff hammer! Ha!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 23, 2013, 11:25:56 pm

*turns to Zill casually, not aggressively*
I have no problem giving respect where respect is due, but respect is a two-way street.

But then again, if I drink enough, I'll probably try and kiss every last one of you. Perhaps I just need a few more...

*walks back to the bar and gestures towards the keep with a few coins*

Give me your strongest stuff... and make it a double, please.

"Thats the spirit. Been awhile since ive met a stranger with that much sense. Dont go burning it off with that double Hellfire."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 23, 2013, 11:30:38 pm


Are you tryn' to fix a broken engine with a buff hammer! Ha!

If all the fireworks around me happen to get me in the head then yes. ahh goodtimes, i lost count of how many times i did that. need a good hit in the head again to get back. *takes a swig from the Hellfire*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RethBurn on February 23, 2013, 11:31:46 pm
"KABOOOOOM! AHAHAHAHHAAAaAaaaahh..!" The door is slammed open, and in rushes a slightly hunching captain, he walks in with drunken movements, his boots clanking ever so soundly against the wooden floorboards, he looks around, grinning with a toothy, yellowed smile-

"So..! Which one of you lads be givin' thar next round?!" he fired, looked over the husky voiced man, he seemed no older than thirty, yet ever so
decreipt and veteraned on the fields of flight. He tredges further into the tavern and sits down at the bar, looking around ever so proudly.

"There any crews needing a help in setting out tomorrow? I lost my dear pearl to a man in the "Black Bats" inn just across. Anyone interested?!" He shouted, clearly intoxicated and out of his typical manner, clutching that champagne bottle in his hand as was it his only and truest friend on earth.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 23, 2013, 11:34:32 pm
So whats your story. I mean where did you come from. Like i said earlier that i came straight all the way from Yesha. Was born to a family of the high middle class. Oh it was a good life, not too rich or poor, but not enough pazzas as it seems. Always looking for trouble around the capital. Got arrested a few times by the Imperial police. And let me tell ya not a plesaent experience. but how did i end up in these skies, well in one of my many "adventures" i was running from the police and ended up on the air docks and stow away in a leaving merchant ship. Once we left the crew found me out and almost threw me off unless i can i can prove my worth around here. So all in all that is how i started my travels and found my skills while meeting some of these "vagabonds" *chuckles* along the way

I bet if you ask "kindly" some of these floks can tell ya theres

Well, home wasn't exactly a home while I was growing up, so I usually had to fend for myself. I didn't have a trade or any skills, but I was quick for my age. I used my speed to get the things I needed, when I didn't have the money to afford it. I wasn't a criminal, but I wasn't going to let me and mine starve. One day, I was caught by a mechanic who was none too happy that I was trying to relieve him of his lunch. He apparently saw something in me that I didn't, so he offered to teach me enough to work for my food. He allowed me to sleep in a shed near his garage, which was much better than the accommodations that my parents offered.

I always made sure that my mother never wanted for anything, because my pop was no good. He had a temper and didn't feel the need to hide it. I guess that's why I'm usually coarse towards those who I don't know.

After the mechanic passed away of old age, I wandered around until I found a ship that was in dire need of repairs. The man working on the rear thrusters got upset that I kept pointing out what he was doing wrong, so he finally turned to me and said, "Do you think you can do better?" I told him as much, then he handed me his toolkit. Within an hour, I had the thrusters working... and the Gatling gun... and patched the balloon. The man just watched as I worked, finally approaching me and asked, "I've been flying around, hunting the scum of the planet for years, and I've never seen someone work so fast. You want a job? I think my old engineer is due for retirement, he can't keep himself sober enough to keep from walking off this ship."

I eagerly accepted the position. After telling my mother that I was leaving for good, I haven't been home in a long time. It's probably a good thing, I'm not sure what I would do to my father if I saw him again...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 23, 2013, 11:47:29 pm
*while still drinking the Hellfire, I listen intentively to Psyran*

With that kind of life i kinda regret leaving my wonderful home back in the empire. Oh don't think I've gone soft but I should have appreciated it a bit more. But the past is the past and i wouldn't give up this life. Blowing things up while fixing components while under fire is far better then staying in a high class manor. Because of that i buy ya the next one.

*Calls over to Yiski* I am buying my man Psyran the next one and ohh but in more loch power in it, and can ya add this *pulls out a pouch of dried peppers* found them in the market. Sellers says it was an old ingredient froma real spicy recipe.
 
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 23, 2013, 11:56:27 pm
I have no problem giving respect where respect is due, but respect is a two-way street.

But are you deserving of our respect? That's something we need to check out. I was once like you, you know. I remember when I was young and naïve, thinking I could best the highest-ranking crews in the land. Needless to say, that didn't work out too well. I wandered the lands, jumping on airships whenever I could, occasionally winning a battle after jumping onboard with some real serious guys.

That all changed one day when I crashed my makeshift vessel in the middle of the dunes. Now, if I was half the engineer I am today, I'd have the ship up and running again before it'd get a chance to stop moving. But no, I was just your average deckhand, and I was stuck. So I waited, and waited, and waited. I walked through the sand, searching for signs of civilization.

It took hours, but I finally found something. It wasn't much, but it was more than I needed to get the hell out of there. Three men, ragged and beaten looking, standing next to a downed airship. I shouted to them "Need some help with your ship there?". Turning around and inspecting me with the same air of doubt we have seen today, Zill replied "Yeah, engine's finished". I still do not understand what foolishness led me to what then transpired, but I shall never regret it. My mouth blurted out the words "I'm an engineer, I can deal with it.". In reality, I had never fixed an airship engine. My closest experience to doing so was playing around with a little propellor as a kid. Nevertheless, I walked over, all eyes fixated on me. I heard Yiski whisper "I hope this guy is smarter than he looks". I continued anyways. I opened the engine up and took a look. I was confounded by the thousand interacting parts, knowing I could never administer repairs on such a thing.

Fortunately, it turned out that the only problem was that a stick had gotten caught in it. I didn't even take the stick out. It fell out when I yanked shirt out of the gears it had gotten caught in. So there I was, a hero to them. I had no idea how to actually engineer, but I learned with time. I could go on. You think this story was long? Try listening to Skyraider's account.

So before you go ahead and treat us like a bunch of old nutcases, remember who you're dealing with.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 12:02:38 am
I do remember seeing a young lad that Zill picked up, all I thought was "What an idiot". I never was a big fan of new-comers, and I still am keepn' my eye on you N-Sunderland.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 12:03:30 am
Thanks for the drink, I appreciate it.

I need to figure out what I'm going to do next. I lost my spot on my last crew when the captain's son came of age. I didn't have any problems with it, he taught me everything he knew. But now I have the skills without a crew or ship to use them with. I've had some odd jobs here and there, basically a hired hand. But, I'm looking for something more permanent. There is just something about fighting side by side that makes a crew closer than family...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Furrymessiah on February 24, 2013, 12:04:46 am
Look, you're standing in here with one hell of a gunner, one hell of a pilot, one hell of an engineer, and Furrymessiah. You'd better stop acting tough, or you're going to regret it. That flare gun is loaded, you know.

"Hey, now wait a minute!" She said, gripping the hilt of her mallet. "You're cruisin' for some anesthetic, Sunder."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 12:08:58 am
N-Sunderland, every time you say the words 'young', 'green', or 'naive', I get this twitch in my eye. Usually when I get this, it's right before I blow some trash out of the sky. Now I'm not going to pick a fight with you since SOME of the people in this watering hole are nice enough folk...

...but before you go tossing labels around, perhaps you should see what I can do on a ship... first...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 12:10:00 am

"Hey, now wait a minute!" She said, gripping the hilt of her mallet. "You're cruisin' for some anesthetic, Sunder."

Well you better run Sunder, Furry looks like she can be a doctor at any second.

Any bets on how long Sunder can out run Furry if a chase ensures?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 12:11:25 am
Well you better run Sunder, Furry looks like she can be a doctor at any second.

Any bets on how long Sunder can out run Furry if a chase ensures?

I bet it'll be fun to watch...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 12:12:24 am
Look, you're standing in here with one hell of a gunner, one hell of a pilot, one hell of an engineer, and Furrymessiah. You'd better stop acting tough, or you're going to regret it. That flare gun is loaded, you know.

"Hey, now wait a minute!" She said, gripping the hilt of her mallet. "You're cruisin' for some anesthetic, Sunder."
*In a low tone* I can see tis turnin' for the worst, *offers Furrymessiah a rusted spanner* also I still recommended a spanner to fix people.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 12:16:23 am
I do remember seeing a young lad that Zill picked up, all I thought was "What an idiot". I never was a big fan of new-comers, and I still am keepn' my eye on you N-Sunderland.

If you're referring to the eye that you lost in that Goldfish crash and I keep on a necklace to this day, then yes, you do have an eye on me. And don't you dare come asking for it back! You were the one who flew us straight into Zill's ship, and I was the one that won the bet. It's mine, fair and square.

"Hey, now wait a minute!" She said, gripping the hilt of her mallet. "You're cruisin' for some anesthetic, Sunder."

Go ahead, hit me! The kerosene and grease running through my veins after all these years as an engineer has destroyed my nervous system anyways, so I'll gladly take a beating from a mallet or two.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 12:19:11 am
N-Sunderland, every time you say the words 'young', 'green', or 'naive', I get this twitch in my eye. Usually when I get this, it's right before I blow some trash out of the sky. Now I'm not going to pick a fight with you since SOME of the people in this watering hole are nice enough folk...

...but before you go tossing labels around, perhaps you should see what I can do on a ship... first...

Look kid, if you had put any effort into listening to what I said, you'd realize that I described my old self with two of those words, and didn't even use the other. And I'm just saying, you could full well be the greatest engineer the world has ever seen, but you'll have to show us that first.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 12:26:03 am
If you're referring to the eye that you lost in that Goldfish crash and I keep on a necklace to this day, then yes, you do have an eye on me. And don't you dare come asking for it back! You were the one who flew us straight into Zill's ship, and I was the one that won the bet. It's mine, fair and square.
How can one lose an eye in a mask? Also, I rarely fight against Zill, even I'm not that foolish (Most of the time) to do that. The one time I did, I followed him down, not being able to fight him 1 on 1 since the battle was over. Also I ain't afraid of someone like you, I met many stronger than ye in battle. If its a fight you want then I'll gladly fight you, I never back down, even in certain death.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 12:33:10 am
How can one lose an eye in a mask? Also, I rarely fight against Zill, even I'm not that foolish (Most of the time) to do that. The one time I did, I followed him down, not being able to fight him 1 on 1 since the battle was over. Also I ain't afraid of someone like you, I met many stronger than ye in battle. If its a fight you want then I'll gladly fight you, I never back down, even in certain death.

Hah! Your alcohol tolerance will never improve, will it, Skyraider? I remember it clear as day. We weren't fighting Zill, of course not, even I would fear the thought of doing so. We were all conducting a trade mission together in the canyons, and you ran straight into him, letting the chasing pirates blast us to the ground. It's not hard for your eye to come out through a mask when broken pieces of wood and metal are falling and flailing around you.

I might need to have this conversation with you when you're sober. As it stands, your memory seems to be out on vacation.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 12:37:41 am
*turns his back on N-Sunderland and drinks the concoction that BdrLineAzn ordered, peppers in all*

*...again, only discovers how much of a bad idea that was... after the fact*

*tries not to show that his mouth is completely engulfed in flames, sweating profusely*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 12:39:49 am
Hah! Your alcohol tolerance will never improve, will it, Skyraider? I remember it clear as day. We weren't fighting Zill, of course not, even I would fear the thought of doing so. We were all conducting a trade mission together in the canyons, and you ran straight into him, letting the chasing pirates blast us to the ground. It's not hard for your eye to come out through a mask when broken pieces of wood and metal are falling and flailing around you.

I might need to have this conversation with you when you're sober. As it stands, your memory seems to be out on vacation.
I was jokn' about the drunk part. I can't drink with this mask on. Now that you mention the scenario, yes I'll admit that I rammed Zill's ship in that scenario. I do apologize for that... "Miss-coordination", even us advanced pilots can get greedy. Like I said, trial by fire. I have payed Zill back.... I think.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Furrymessiah on February 24, 2013, 12:42:08 am
Go ahead, hit me! The kerosene and grease running through my veins after all these years as an engineer has destroyed my nervous system anyways, so I'll gladly take a beating from a mallet or two.

The woman walks up to Sunder, gripping her mallet. Grabbing hold of the handle with both hands, she raises it up like she was trying to ring a bell at a Strength tester at a Carnival show, and lets go with a blow that would make Thor do a double-take. The sound of the rubber head of her bludgeoning tool is like a rock hitting an empty coconut, only twice as loud.

"You all saw it! He said I could!" The woman said, stepping back to view the carnage her mighty swing had wrought.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 12:44:42 am
The woman walks up to Sunder, gripping her mallet. Grabbing hold of the handle with both hands, she raises it up like she was trying to ring a bell at a Strength tester at a Carnival show, and lets go with a blow that would make Thor do a double-take. The sound of the rubber head of her bludgeoning tool is like a rock hitting an empty coconut, only twice as loud.

"You all saw it! He said I could!" The woman said, stepping back to view the carnage her mighty swing had wrought.
O' dere', I might step this one out. *Steps away from the carnage*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 12:46:02 am
Oi looks like Sunder might be out. Yiski another if you may.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 12:46:16 am
"KABOOOOOM! AHAHAHAHHAAAaAaaaahh..!" The door is slammed open, and in rushes a slightly hunching captain, he walks in with drunken movements, his boots clanking ever so soundly against the wooden floorboards, he looks around, grinning with a toothy, yellowed smile-

"So..! Which one of you lads be givin' thar next round?!" he fired, looked over the husky voiced man, he seemed no older than thirty, yet ever so
decreipt and veteraned on the fields of flight. He tredges further into the tavern and sits down at the bar, looking around ever so proudly.

"There any crews needing a help in setting out tomorrow? I lost my dear pearl to a man in the "Black Bats" inn just across. Anyone interested?!" He shouted, clearly intoxicated and out of his typical manner, clutching that champagne bottle in his hand as was it his only and truest friend on earth.

Captain RethBurn, how many it's certainly been a while since you've come stumbling into my saloon in your sorry state. Currently this round is on BdrLineAzn.

*Yiski hands RethBurn a shot of Regret (strong stuff used for strong drunks. used to sober them up... instantly)*

Also how many ships is that now? 3, 4? I still can't imagine how you manage to get your hands on so many ships just to lose them.

*Yiski turns when he hears the mallet strike and sees N-Sunderland on the ground and Furrymessiah*

THE HELL! You know the rules. If you're gonna start this, then you better take it outside. Last time you two started this crap, it involved all of us, and it ended Zill in the infirmary for two weeks, Skyraider almost losing another eye, the two of you in jail, and leaving me to pay for all the damages caused by your flare guns and bailing you idiots out.

*Yiski heads back to bar and returns to BdrLineAzn and Psyran with two mugs of Anvala's Battle Standard*
*Yiski sees the peppers in BdrLineAzn's hands*

I see you got some Dragon Peppers from the market earlier. Tried to get some myself, but it was already sold out. That stuff light your innards on fire.... figure it's true since it's used in the flamer ammo. *Sees Psyran in pain* You probably should have warned the rook about it.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 12:48:03 am
Oi looks like Sunder might be out. Yiski another if you may.

Damnit... Zill, Skyraider, get Sund into the back room and make sure he's still alive.

*Yiski walks to the behind the bar and makes another drink. Walks over to BdrLineAzn with another Hellfire*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 12:49:04 am
*tries to reply to Yiski, but is unable to speak*

*instead, he just mouths the word 'water'*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 12:52:46 am
*wakes up*

Uungh, what happened?

On that note, I'd better be getting out of here. I've had enough to drink, and Furrymessiah has made a good point. And it's 1 AM where I am, and I don't want to be letting my captain down tomorrow.

See you drunkards around.

*walks out*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 12:54:12 am
*tries to reply to Yiski, but is unable to speak*

*instead, he just mouths the word 'water'*

Well, I got good news and bad news. The good news water doesn't help. It'll make things worse. The bad news is the stuff I need to douse a Dragon pepper is... well... let's just say I can't make it. Hmm.... I guess there wasn't any good news at all...

*Yiski ponders a moment while Psyran is gasping for air*

Wait! I do have something.

*Yiski casually walks up to the bar, reaches over and under the counter, and pulls out a small clear container filled with pills*
*Yiski casually walks back to Psyran*

This should do the trick, but be warned, it'll have a hell of after kick.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 12:55:23 am

I see you got some Dragon Peppers from the market earlier. Tried to get some myself, but it was already sold out. That stuff light your innards on fire.... figure it's true since it's used in the flamer ammo. *Sees Psyran in pain* You probably should have warned the rook about it.

Hey we all have to tough it out and learn the hard way. A funny story about that, I don't know if I told you that on a junker that I was on before, I was walking around where the tarp was and right under me it ripped. Luckily what saved me was my skivvies hooked on one of the overhanging scrap. Well lets just say i can't sit for a week and that I have to be aware more ofter.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 12:57:15 am
Hey we all have to tough it out and learn the hard way. A funny story about that, I don't know if I told you that on a junker that I was on before, I was walking around where the tarp was and right under me it ripped. Luckily what saved me was my skivvies hooked on one of the overhanging scrap. Well lets just say i can't sit for a week and that I have to be aware more ofter.

Hahaha.... I bet you hanging by your skivvies was a pleasant sight to your captain!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 01:03:53 am

Hahaha.... I bet you hanging by your skivvies was a pleasant sight to your captain!

What would be the death of my dignity if they had one of them old cameras and took one of me.

*looks at Sunderland as he was leaving and look at the counter*

Hmm left that flare gun here. hope he didn't load that improperly. Don't want an misfire in here
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 01:06:11 am
Okay, I need to keep a journal of "Things to do to survive.", and one of them is not to get into Furrymessiah's broadside. Well, thatll' be more for now, I need to work on my Goldfish's powder magazine, I told those swabies to not touch the big red label that says "DO NOT TOUCH".
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 01:09:00 am
*Yiski approaches the middle of the saloon*

Alright everybody! It's a half past 4! I gotta close up for the night... err.. morning.... whatever I just need to close up, take stock, and other saloon type business. No worries, it'll be open by the time you lot get sobered up.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 01:12:18 am
*takes the pills from Yiski without a second thought and slowly starts walking towards a table to sit down*

*instead of pulling out a chair, falls face first into the table and takes it to the ground with him*

*out cold*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 01:13:22 am
Same here. Looks like I've heard an explosion where my air dock is. Those new nuggets are a thing to handle.*sigh* looks like they destroyed my generator. Well here's the money for all these drinks*grabs out a hefty pouch* Giving lessons and crewing ships does bring in a reasonable pay if you know what i mean. Well night to all of you no good vagabonds* chuckles* oh and Psyran good luck with that powder and keep your nose somewhat clean.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 01:16:15 am
*takes the pills from Yiski without a second thought and slowly starts walking towards a table to sit down*

*instead of pulling out a chair, falls face first into the table and takes it to the ground with him*

*out cold*

Well, hell... should have seen that coming... eh, he'll be fine in the morning.

*Yiski grabs a blanket and a pillow*
*Yiski lifts Psyran's head and places the pillow underneath and spreads the blanket over him*

Yeah, he looks comfortable.

*Turns off the lights in the saloon*


--End of Day One--
(No more posts till I open up. Whenever it may be)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 09:40:56 am
--Start of Day Two--

*Around 10 a.m., Yiski walks downstairs from his room above the saloon.*
*Yiski still notices Psyran still K.O.d*
*Yiski calls the local medics*
*Few minutes later, medics pick up Psyran and take him to the nearest infirmary*

*Around 12 p.m., Yiski heads to the market and picks up a few ingredients for the saloon*

*Around 4 p.m., Burning Skies Saloon opens*
(Cue wave of posts)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 09:56:54 am
*banging comes from the other side of the door*

"Dammit Yiski, forgetting to unlock the door as usual!"

Yiski looks over at the door, held shut by a complex lock mechanism. Suddenly, out of nowhere, it caves in on itself and the door opens. N-Sunderland walks in.

"No matter how many times I've broken that lock open, ya keep on replacing it with the same model! Get one that actually does its job and keeps people out, damn it!"

Sunderland walks over to Yiski and sits down.

"Stuff got a bit boring for my taste last night, you know? Too calm. All I have to take away from it is a bit of brain trauma. Doctor told me that I should take time off the job. Ha! Imagine me, me who designed a replica of the Icarus accurate to the screw while bound and blindfolded, taking time off because of some petty brain damage! I swear, I have no idea what they're teaching in medical school anymore, but it's not doing anybody any good."

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 24, 2013, 10:15:10 am
 *as  he steps over the door* Didn't know we had medical schools in these parts, are you sure you didn't get another kidney stolen, Sunderland?

*looking towards the bar* Anyways, first round on me, at least until that drunkard Rethburn shows up. I haven't got that much money.

*to Yiski* I hear you have speciality brews- not saying I'm a fancy-pancy wine taster, but I like to vary it up a little. What have you got? 
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 10:19:34 am
*as  he steps over the door* Didn't know we had medical schools in these parts, are you sure you didn't get another kidney stolen, Sunderland? 

When I say medical school, I'm probably referring to the sawmill. Not that I'm sure what a saw mill is at the moment...

And for the last time, the kidney wasn't stolen! I lost it when Skyraider decided to muck about and smash into Zill.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 10:26:07 am
When I say medical school, I'm probably referring to the sawmill. Not that I'm sure what a saw mill is at the moment...

And for the last time, the kidney wasn't stolen! I lost it when Skyraider decided to muck about and smash into Zill.
*Over hears the conversation*
Well, it was a friendly gesture. And ye got to admit, if I took down Zill in a ram, then I coulda' took them all on!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 24, 2013, 10:27:22 am
When I say medical school, I'm probably referring to the sawmill. Not that I'm sure what a saw mill is at the moment...

And for the last time, the kidney wasn't stolen! I lost it when Skyraider decided to muck about and smash into Zill.

Speaking of which, who did stitch you back together again? I may need to pop in occasionally, depending on how long I'm drinking here for.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 24, 2013, 10:29:13 am
* To Skyraider* Heyo there, didn't see you walk in- have you been here all night? Anyway, drink up.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 10:30:52 am
*Over hears the conversation*
Well, it was a friendly gesture. And ye got to admit, if I took down Zill in a ram, then I coulda' took them all on!

Yeah, but only if they're on your own team!

Speaking of which, who did stitch you back together again? I may need to pop in occasionally, depending on how long I'm drinking here for.

Head over to the sawmill and tell them you know N-Sunderland, and you're there for an appointment. That should do the trick.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 10:38:10 am
* To Skyraider* Heyo there, didn't see you walk in- have you been here all night? Anyway, drink up.
Yes, I snuck in and hid here all night, even though I said' I'd be leavin'. I wish I did that now after seein' my ship a fire, those powder monkeys attempted to use lochnagar in a flamethrower!

Yeah, but only if they're on your own team!
Well.... at least Zill no longer gets in a formation with me, so I won't do that, or hydrogen into him again.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 24, 2013, 10:43:52 am
Yes, I snuck in and hid here all night, even though I said' I'd be leavin'. I wish I did that now after seein' my ship a fire, those powder monkeys attempted to use lochnagar in a flamethrower!

Gabriel's Arse! Worse than the lad I saw trying to take out a Galleon with a Flare! These young'uns need a little more help, methinks.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 10:49:24 am
Gabriel's Arse! Worse than the lad I saw trying to take out a Galleon with a Flare! These young'uns need a little more help, methinks.
Mayb' so...... Trail by fire, but not the type of fire that ye get with a Lochnagar please.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 10:53:20 am
I'll never forget the day I saw some of those rooks using greased rounds on a harpoon! A gun with one shot! Even a lochnagar flamer has a chance of doing something!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 11:07:25 am
*Yiski observes as the whole set of events play out*
*Gets a few mugs of Yiski's Special Ale and hands them out to the guys*

Goddammit N-Sunderland!

*Yiski pulls out a note reading "How much Sund owes me for doors" and putting on a tenth mark*

You do realize by the next time you get paid, all that money is commin to me for the cost of fixing the damn door.

*Yiski walks over to the fallen door and lifts it back into place.*
*Yiski pulls out some spare hinges and the door is fixed*

The only reason I keep all these spare door parts because you're never patient. The reason the door was still locked was because I hadn't even turned on the open sign!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 11:12:03 am
We'll see about that. I have a feeling that Zill will end up having to pay my expenses again, much like he did when I lit fire to your old plushie shop. Damn, those things burn quickly.

And whaddya expect, anyways? It opens at the hour, and I walked in at the hour. I ain't got time to wait around outside, not with the type of people I could encounter out there.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 24, 2013, 11:13:11 am
*Gets a few mugs of Yiski's Special Ale and hands them out to the guys*

*takes a long look into the pungent brew, remembering that it only gets worse with time* Ah screw it. *Downs it*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: SeaMichelle on February 24, 2013, 11:20:10 am
*awakens to find the place packed*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 11:38:17 am
*walks in with a bandage on his arm*
Boy, them doctors sure know how to cure a hangover. Too bad they couldn't do much for my sore face. What's on the menu for today?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 12:34:31 pm
*walks in with a bandage on his arm*
Boy, them doctors sure know how to cure a hangover. Too bad they couldn't do much for my sore face. What's on the menu for today?

*Yiski stares at Psyran*

Rook, you'll learn soon enough there is no menu.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 12:35:59 pm
No menu, you just grab a mug or two of hellfire. Or in my case...

*stares at black liquid in delight*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 24, 2013, 12:42:05 pm
*Opens the door and the hinges snap. The old door falls the the ground in a cloud of dust*

Good Lord Yiski, did you let Sunderland work on this thing again? I swear my Caught Fire hasnt run the same ever since I let him aboard. Pour me a mornin' brew would yea? Need to wake up after explaining to that last bunch why they only got half I promised.

*Gives a once over of Psyran*

You look better than Skyraider ever has. Youll survive.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 12:46:13 pm
*Opens the door and the hinges snap. The old door falls the the ground in a cloud of dust*

Good Lord Yiski, did you let Sunderland work on this thing again? I swear my Caught Fire hasnt run the same ever since I let him aboard. 

That was your Goldfish, wasn't it? I see myself as more of a Pyramidion engineer, really. Never liked being on a fish.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 12:58:39 pm
You look better than Skyraider ever has. Youll survive.
*Holds up a finger like he wants to protest, but decides not to*
Ehhh, yeah I wear tis' mask for a reason, pretty sure none wants to see a burned face like none want to see a zeppelin on fire.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 12:59:59 pm
Pour me a mornin' brew would yea? Need to wake up after explaining to that last bunch why they only got half I promised.

*Yiski gives Zill a deadpan look*

Really? Morning? Just when did you wake up? It's blasted half past 4 in the afternoon.

*Yiski fixes a drink behind the bar*
*Hands Zill the drink*

Here, what you need now is a dinner brew.

*Yiski walks to N-Sunderland with two Hellfires in hand*

I swear if I didn't know any better, you and BdrLineAzn are having a competition to see who'll die first from my Hellfires.

*Yiski looks over to Skyraider*

Sky, in all honesty, the mask wasn't much of an improvement before you had your incident.

*Yiski chuckles to himself*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 01:04:04 pm
Personally I've always found your hellfires to be quite mild, Yiski. Not sure why the rooks make such a big deal every time they try it. I think we should try to keep these kids out of here. I mean really, you don't want to have to go through another murder trial, do you?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 01:05:25 pm
Sky, in all honesty, the mask wasn't much of an improvement before you had your incident.
Well its a face that'll send a chill down anyone's spine, it ain't supposed to b' pretty.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 01:18:38 pm
Personally I've always found your hellfires to be quite mild, Yiski. Not sure why the rooks make such a big deal every time they try it. I think we should try to keep these kids out of here. I mean really, you don't want to have to go through another murder trial, do you?

Sky, you're memory's getting worse and worse. Probably because of all the Hellfires you've had. I was never on trial for murder. I was called as a witness in a murder proceeding to defend bloody Furry when she massacred those saps for whistling at her.

Poor suckers never stood a chance. Luckily she got acquitted on a technicality.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 01:25:46 pm
Personally I've always found your hellfires to be quite mild, Yiski. Not sure why the rooks make such a big deal every time they try it. I think we should try to keep these kids out of here. I mean really, you don't want to have to go through another murder trial, do you?

Sky, you're memory's getting worse and worse. Probably because of all the Hellfires you've had. I was never on trial for murder. I was called as a witness in a murder proceeding to defend bloody Furry when she massacred those saps for whistling at her.

Poor suckers never stood a chance. Luckily she got acquitted on a technicality.

Poor old Yiski, you must be going blind and deaf! I was the one who said the above, not Skyraider.

Heh, you're thinking about Furry's second trial. Your trial came two months later, one week after Furry's fourth trial, and a few hours before my first one. Remember that one?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 01:26:38 pm
Sky, you're memory's getting worse and worse. Probably because of all the Hellfires you've had. I was never on trial for murder. I was called as a witness in a murder proceeding to defend bloody Furry when she massacred those saps for whistling at her.

Poor suckers never stood a chance. Luckily she got acquitted on a technicality.
Hey I didn't say that, that was N-Sunderland. You sure you'r okay?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 01:38:57 pm
*Shrugs*

Meh, must be all that time I spent around lochnagar round powder.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 24, 2013, 02:39:07 pm
Pour me a mornin' brew would yea? Need to wake up after explaining to that last bunch why they only got half I promised.

*Yiski gives Zill a deadpan look*

Really? Morning? Just when did you wake up? It's blasted half past 4 in the afternoon.

*Yiski fixes a drink behind the bar*
*Hands Zill the drink*

Here, what you need now is a dinner brew.

*Chugs the dinner brew through his mask and beckons to Yiski*
 
Those friggen engies had me up all night. Something about me using too much hydrogen or some rot. The Council also gave me a new job. Gotta head north for some specialty items. Ill be needing some crew soon that dont nag about a little frost on their mustache.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 03:20:56 pm
*Chugs the dinner brew through his mask and beckons to Yiski*
 
Those friggen engies had me up all night. Something about me using too much hydrogen or some rot. The Council also gave me a new job. Gotta head north for some specialty items. Ill be needing some crew soon that dont nag about a little frost on their mustache.

*Yiski laughs*

You know how engineers get when you start breaking their toys. In fact, I can recall a time where you balloon and engines were always on the brink of failing and hearing the engineers constantly screaming.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 03:32:38 pm
Gotta head north for some specialty items. Ill be needing some crew soon that dont nag about a little frost on their mustache.
Ill help ye if ya need a spare pilot, this time I won't run into ya.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 03:36:49 pm
All right, this has gotten too quiet and boring.

Where did I put my flare gun?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 24, 2013, 03:39:48 pm
Woah, woah, woah, think what we all have to live for! Well, most of us anyways...

But that's beside the point. If you fire that flare, you won't only kill off the Old Guard of Icarus, but you'll also waste a colossal amount of booze- you'll never see another drink again! Nobody can fly sober. If they are, they could fly better with moonshine in the engines and in the crew.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 03:42:38 pm
Woah, woah, woah, think what we all have to live for! Well, most of us anyways...

But that's beside the point. If you fire that flare, you won't only kill off the Old Guard of Icarus, but you'll also waste a colossal amount of booze- you'll never see another drink again! Nobody can fly sober. If they are, they could fly better with moonshine in the engines and in the crew.

Fine! Maybe I'll just fire it at some rook, do a favour for us all.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 03:45:58 pm
*As an another patron walks in through the door, the new hinges give in a nasty squeak*

*Walks in a young Yeshan man covered in oil and engine grease.*


Damn those new nuggets can redecorate my whole air docks in quite a short time. This time around they were experimenting with some of those Dragon Peppers that I've bought into the engines. Let's just say that the "Starlight" and two of my docks will be offline for a few days.

*Walks up to the bar and grabbed a seat*

Yiski my good man looks like I need a shot to clear my mind from this.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 24, 2013, 04:12:37 pm
Fine! Maybe I'll just fire it at some rook, do a favour for us all.

As long as it's far and way from the Hellfire barrels, go for it.

Damn those new nuggets can redecorate my whole air docks in quite a short time. This time around they were experimenting with some of those Dragon Peppers that I've bought into the engines. Let's just say that the "Starlight" and two of my docks will be offline for a few days.

*Walks up to the bar and grabbed a seat*

Yiski my good man looks like I need a shot to clear my mind from this.

By the skies you sure as hell need a drink. I don't see why you gotta experiment so often with the damn Dragon peppers! All those are good for is making the flamers burn bright and hot. Plus, it does wonders for a few of my own concoctions.

*Yiski fixes up a Frost Fire Ale and hands it to BdrLineAzn*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 05:01:33 pm


By the skies you sure as hell need a drink. I don't see why you gotta experiment so often with the damn Dragon peppers! All those are good for is making the flamers burn bright and hot. Plus, it does wonders for a few of my own concoctions.

*Yiski fixes up a Frost Fire Ale and hands it to BdrLineAzn*

I can say it is part my fault as well. After coming back to my docks after the saloon, I place my satchel on the counter where all can see and headed in to sleep. I think one of the new guys found my bag in the open, went over to it and found the peppers. As later in the next day I heard an explosion on my ship that woke me up. What was unusual about the explosion was that it smelled like spice. As I headed down I saw the stern of my goldfish blown off as well as several other things destroyed. The source came from three smoke covered swabbies with makeshift experimental fuel with Dragon Peppers in them.

*takes a small swig of the Frost Fire Ale*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 05:21:06 pm
You should start looking for some better crews, BdrLine. This group is probably too busy writing new lies for them to tell as stories of their greatness, but I'm sure you can find some decent crewmen out there.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 24, 2013, 05:23:36 pm
Gotta head north for some specialty items. Ill be needing some crew soon that dont nag about a little frost on their mustache.
Ill help ye if ya need a spare pilot, this time I won't run into ya.

*Gives a loud dusty cackle*

Maybe when you learn port from starboard, you can just be good enough to clean the guns for me. What makes you think id trust you with one eye when you couldnt manage to use both of them the first time Sky?

All right, this has gotten too quiet and boring.

Where did I put my flare gun?

You want some action? Im sure Furry would be more than  accommodating.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 05:26:56 pm
From the sounds of it Furry won't be showing up in these parts for a while. Probably got arrested over last night. I bet the rook from yesterday was the one who gave the cops a tip about it. All the more reason to go burn a rook.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 24, 2013, 05:38:40 pm
you can just be good enough to clean the guns for me.
Well ya couldn't stop me from tearin' ye Galleon apart! And ya was the engineer!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 05:50:40 pm
You should start looking for some better crews, BdrLine. This group is probably too busy writing new lies for them to tell as stories of their greatness, but I'm sure you can find some decent crewmen out there.

These guys on my ship in the air?!? I rather freeze my ass off in the North with Zill then be with them. Naw all the new guys around my docks are in it to learn the ways around an airship. For a small fee I let them around the docks and tinker about as well as let them In my warehouse that is on site to look at the many components. But since I'm not strict in what I've have rules wise, I let them do why they want. What I live by is live and learn and what any mistakes they made they learn from it. Which reminds me, if any of you guys are looking for a dock.  You can park your ships in mine, just be warn if anything happens to your ship, wasn't my fault. But you can use what I have in my warehouse if things gets destroyed.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 06:03:02 pm
From the sounds of it Furry won't be showing up in these parts for a while. Probably got arrested over last night. I bet the rook from yesterday was the one who gave the cops a tip about it. All the more reason to go burn a rook.

Actually Psyran was knocked out cold from the pills Yiski gave him. Heard he had to stay the night in here. Happened after you woke up and left
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 06:12:16 pm
*wakes up from the sound of his name*

Wha? I fell asleep BEFORE drinking? That's not right... I've got things backwards. I need a drink, quick. Yiski, if you would please...

BTW, BdrLineAzn, I'm always looking for a good time. Hit me up if you see me around the docks.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 24, 2013, 06:15:00 pm
*Wakes up from the smell of freshly served drinks* Balls, what time is it? *looks at the mouldy grandfather clock in the corner* Gabriel's Arse! I'm not still buyin' first rounds, am I? My tab's gonna be bigger than Sunderland's damages bill.....
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 06:28:00 pm
*wakes up from the sound of his name*

Wha? I fell asleep BEFORE drinking? That's not right... I've got things backwards. I need a drink, quick. Yiski, if you would please...

BTW, BdrLineAzn, I'm always looking for a good time. Hit me up if you see me around the docks.

Wow you really dont remember? Damn Yiski those pills you gave him were strong. Basically once you drank that Hellfire with Dragon Peppers you were looking like the tail end of a flamer. To the point Yiski gave you pills that knock you out cold. In the noting while I was walking around, I saw you being taken out by medics still out cold

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 06:31:42 pm
*Wakes up from the smell of freshly served drinks* Balls, what time is it? *looks at the mouldy grandfather clock in the corner* Gabriel's Arse! I'm not still buyin' first rounds, am I? My tab's gonna be bigger than Sunderland's damages bill.....

You'd have to empty this place's stock every day for a year if you wanted to even owe a fraction of what I do.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 06:32:06 pm
I remember the evil concoction, but after the medics released me... I came back here. Then, apparently I dozed off again.

Must have been some serious stuff to have me out cold all night, and taking a nooner as well...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 24, 2013, 06:36:41 pm
You'd have to empty this place's stock every day for a year if you wanted to even owe a fraction of what I do.

Huh, in that case you're lucky Yiski runs extended tabs, and doesn't go around breaking legs. Well, to my knowledge at least.

Which reminds me-*places a handful of rusty coins and a washer on the counter*- Should be enough to cover me for the night.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 08:08:39 pm
*Wakes up from the smell of freshly served drinks* Balls, what time is it? *looks at the mouldy grandfather clock in the corner* Gabriel's Arse! I'm not still buyin' first rounds, am I? My tab's gonna be bigger than Sunderland's damages bill.....

If Wazulu is still buying..* gulps down the rest of the ale*.. Yiski a mug of Hellfire sounds good right about now
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 08:27:49 pm
You know, I've been quite busy recently helping out random ships... even taking the helm for a crew... but I haven't seen you guys in the sky. Is it a holiday or something?

*looks around for Yiski*

Is this self-serve hour? I don't want to go and pour myself a drink, liable to get my hand shot off...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 08:32:45 pm
You know, I've been quite busy recently helping out random ships... even taking the helm for a crew... but I haven't seen you guys in the sky. Is it a holiday or something?

You must have gotten lost in the sea of ships there today, but Zill, Yiski, Skyraider, Furry and I were all out there at the same time. There's been a lot of traffic in the air the last couple of days, so I guess you missed us.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 08:35:06 pm
Well, I'm down for some action, I just need a drink...

*looks around for Yiski, weighing the option of fetching a drink or staying safe and thirsty*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 08:38:17 pm
Well, I'm down for some action, I just need a drink...

*looks around for Yiski, weighing the option of fetching a drink or staying safe and thirsty*

Well if you ever see me in the clouds, don't be shy to join my crew. Don't expect me to fly the damned thing, but I'd gladly lend a helping hand to a newbie.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 09:23:12 pm
All right, how about this. I want salutes from everybody in this saloon, lest I pour the contents of my mug (you DO NOT want to know what I'm drinking) into the barrel of that flare gun and fire. If I don't have seven salutes by tomorrow morning, this place is going to be lit up once and for all.

*sits and waits patiently*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on February 24, 2013, 11:11:44 pm
The door opens, it reveals a figure covered in the haze of smoke, no doubt from the cigar in his mouth. He walks in, the actions of his joints accentuated by the hiss from the decompression of hydraulics. He started by removing his top hat, then removed his officers long coat and hung them on the coat hanger on the way in. Above knee and elbow amputations, all his limbs were mechanic, the clicks, sputters, and clanks of cogs emitted from him like a plague. The brass glinted in the light as he passed by a window on his way to the bar. He had northern features; stubble grew on his face except on his left cheek where a scar prevented hair growth. Arriving at the bar, he took a stool and sat down hunched over.

“Yiski, Stabsinthe on the rocks... no more than two cubes, it dilutes the flavour”
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 24, 2013, 11:20:05 pm
The door opens, it reveals a figure covered in the haze of smoke, no doubt from the cigar in his mouth. He walks in, the actions of his joints accentuated by the hiss from the decompression of hydraulics. He started by removing his top hat, then removed his officers long coat and hung them on the coat hanger on the way in. Above knee and elbow amputations, all his limbs were mechanic, the clicks, sputters, and clanks of cogs emitted from him like a plague. The brass glinted in the light as he passed by a window on his way to the bar. He had northern features; stubble grew on his face except on his left cheek where a scar prevented hair growth. Arriving at the bar, he took a stool and sat down hunched over.

“Yiski, Stabsinthe on the rocks... no more than two cubes, it dilutes the flavour”

No matter how many times you walk into here, those limbs unsettle me.  How did your latest trade mission go? Those raiders have been getting quite restless lately. I barely escaped from one of their camps myself a few days back. I thought you'd be missing a few more body parts by the time you made it here.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 24, 2013, 11:32:35 pm
*Leaves for a moment and returns with a mediocre barkeep at best to serve the thirsty patrons*

Yiski had some business to attend to. Something about an over extended tab. Judging from the guns he took from my warehouse, its been a long time comin'.

*Gives Papa a once over and sticks his mask in the old mans face*

You still owe me for that hydraulic fluid you old git. That trade mission should have given you plenty to pass around.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 24, 2013, 11:39:13 pm
Ahh! Finally. May I have a drink, good sir?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on February 24, 2013, 11:42:16 pm
*Turning to N-Sunderland*

"Well I had a brief encounter with some bandits. The idiots boarded, the ship I was commanding was under equipped for ship to ship fighting, but it was my crew that did the tearing..."

*His hand folds into his forearm revealing a massive serrated blade*

"limb from limb one might say, heh."

*He moves his blade along side Zills neck, using it to point past him at his jacket*

"Payments in the right pocket, mate. Along with a trinket I thought you might enjoy."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 24, 2013, 11:51:44 pm
*Leaves for a moment and returns with a mediocre barkeep at best to serve the thirsty patrons*

Yiski had some business to attend to. Something about an over extended tab. Judging from the guns he took from my warehouse, its been a long time comin'.


*sigh* So it might be a while. Hold on let me get back there as well. Been around the stuff so often that I know a thing or too. But noone ask for any Hellfire, Yiski's recipe is so delicate might as well let Sunderland blow up this place then let me mix it. So who needs what?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 25, 2013, 12:02:28 am
You should find a pipe leaking the most foul-smelling, disgusting-looking black liquid you've seen in your life. Get me a mug of that, will ya?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 25, 2013, 12:23:43 am
*Turning to N-Sunderland*

"Well I had a brief encounter with some bandits. The idiots boarded, the ship I was commanding was under equipped for ship to ship fighting, but it was my crew that did the tearing..."

*His hand folds into his forearm revealing a massive serrated blade*

"limb from limb one might say, heh."

*He moves his blade along side Zills neck, using it to point past him at his jacket*

"Payments in the right pocket, mate. Along with a trinket I thought you might enjoy."

My face has seen much worse than your blade, but nows not the time for scaring away the patrons I wager.

*Walks over to the jacket and reaches in, pulling out a hefty purse and a circular block wrapped in paper. The smell of cheese fills his mask.*

Some of your famed Asiago I smell. I may of judged yea too fast you bag of bolts.


*sigh* So it might be a while. Hold on let me get back there as well. Been around the stuff so often that I know a thing or too. But noone ask for any Hellfire, Yiski's recipe is so delicate might as well let Sunderland blow up this place then let me mix it. So who needs what?

Pour me some No.3 would yea?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 25, 2013, 12:28:01 am
You should find a pipe leaking the most foul-smelling, disgusting-looking black liquid you've seen in your life. Get me a mug of that, will ya?

*Going in the back to fulfill Sunderland's order, BdrLineAzn goes through to find said pipe*

Alright be back in a sec.

(Back room) Damn Yiski shouldn't keep all this loch power lying around in the open.*While trying to navigate around the barrels he hits an low hanging pipe* What the hell really.

*He goes in further and what he sees makes him wonder how Yiski manages*

Ohh Sunder wasnt kidding about that pipe.and ugh the stengh. Well here goes.

*comes back with the drink*

Ahh here ya go Sunder, really don't know how you can drink this.


Pour me some No.3 would yea?

Sure thing Zill.

*As Azn pours in the No. 3 he slides it across the bar towards Zill*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on February 25, 2013, 01:00:58 am

My face has seen much worse than your blade, but nows not the time for scaring away the patrons I wager.

*Walks over to the jacket and reaches in, pulling out a hefty purse and a circular block wrapped in paper. The smell of cheese fills his mask.*

Some of your famed Asiago I smell. I may of judged yea too fast you bag of bolts.

*PapaP starts laughing hysterically*

"We've been through too much Zill, I don't think I could make that face any uglier!"

*Looking at Bdrlineazn*

"Since ya offered, I'll take some stabsinthe... Don't skimp either, no ones the wiser"



Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 01:07:56 am
*Yiski opens the door. His entire outfit is pitch black and still emanating what could only be considered smoke. As he walks through the saloon Yiski is wearing a wide grin across his face. Yiski walks up to Zill and lays down a gatling gun on Zill's table*

Knew I could always count on you to provide me a gun when I need to run down some of my deadbeats. If you're wondering how it went this time, it was better. I only had to use 30 rounds before the bloody bastards paid up.

*Yiski walks over to the bar and relieves Roland, the replacement barkeep*

Good work as usual on short notice. Here's the 15 silver I owe per our agreement.

*Sees PapaParadox*

By the skies, I haven't seen you around these parts in months! I thought you'd forgotten about us all this time. Sorry about not being around today. Had to do a little collections.

*Yiski places a large sack on the counter of what many believed to be what was owed to Yiski*
*Yiski looks at the clock and realizes its a 2:30 a.m.*

Damn! This took longer than usual. Sorry for the inconvenience mates. Hopefully Roland was able to keep up with all your orders. Sadly it's time for me to close up shop.

--End of Day 2--
(Again... No more posts till I reopen.)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: MasX on February 25, 2013, 06:41:45 am
* hovers outside  saloon in a squid that is fitted with a giant top hat ...wating for trouble*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 25, 2013, 08:55:49 am
MasX, I've got a little something here... to tide us over.

*pulls out a flask with some whiskey in it, pours two glasses*

Here... a toast... to Fallow... may the town swallow my father whole!

Skies were a little dusty when I was flying around with BdrLineAzn and RearAdmiralZill. We also crewed with a fellow named Voxx, who seemed like a knowledgeable fellow.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 10:37:37 am
--Start of Day Three--

*Yiski fixes up the door and uses a different lock and hinge layout*
*Yiski runs a standard maintenance check on all the equipment*

*Yiski tests the new lock system and leaves it unlock*
*Turns on the open sign at 1 p.m.*
*Yiski takes a step outside and sees MasX's squid hovering overhead along with Psyran*

Good grief.... this is way to early to have to deal with a pest. Now where's my giant swatter? MasX, park that damn ship in the docks and get your and Psyran's asses in here.

*Yiski walks back inside*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 25, 2013, 10:48:20 am
*Ignores the obviously lost squid and walks in, relieved the door is in some kind of stable shape.*

Good to see my guns put to good use old friend. I take it you got it all back with interest?

*Pulls up a chair at his usual table, wiping away the thin layer of dust*

Got anything good to eat? I havent had a bite in a couple days. Damn rooks left the hold open again. I eat enough dust by just flying around. Dont want it on my off time too.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 11:38:44 am
*Ignores the obviously lost squid and walks in, relieved the door is in some kind of stable shape.*

Good to see my guns put to good use old friend. I take it you got it all back with interest?

*Pulls up a chair at his usual table, wiping away the thin layer of dust*

Got anything good to eat? I havent had a bite in a couple days. Damn rooks left the hold open again. I eat enough dust by just flying around. Dont want it on my off time too.

*Gives a small chuckle*

Food? Hell Zill, I don't think a piece of solid food was ever made here, not including solidified Hellfire and it's derivatives.

*Gives a long sigh*

If you don't mind taking a chance, I figure I can try making something form scratch. Just don't expect anything fancy.... or good.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 25, 2013, 11:43:04 am
*Nods his mask*

Cant be any worse than Furry's cookin'. It was so bad I was willing to take that mallet blow to set her straight.

*Props up his feet*

I trust youll make me something mildly edible. Dont forget the loch powder though. I need a good kick.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 25, 2013, 11:54:24 am
*walks in catching the last portion of the conversation between Zill and Yiski... as he's munching on a turkey leg*

*looks at Zill... then looks at his turkey leg... then back at Zill... then lifts the turkey leg towards Zill*

Want a bite? I promise that I don't have anything contagious... well, better not say that, at least it won't kill you...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 25, 2013, 12:19:06 pm
*Wakes up yet again* What the hell is in the Black Brew? it keeps making me fall asleep mid-sentence...

*looks around, sees the squid* Wait, how'd I get outside? And since when did this place have a dock? Besides that-

*to MasX* Heyo there! I would buy you first rounds, but the barkeep might be out.

*Stands up, walks through door* Afternoon, Folks!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 12:53:46 pm
*Walks out from the kitchen with a plate and a bowl and places them on Zill's table*

Well, here's a sandwich. Pretty standard: ham, cheese, bacon, fried onions, lettuce, and secret sauce.

The bowl is soup is well... soup. What kind of soup... err... well the broth is Frost Fire Ale base. I tried some and I'm still standing so it shouldn't kill you... immediately at least.

*Sees Wazulu stumble in*

Hmm... I managed to get the stuff I needed to make a remedy for that. Unless you want to take the pill I gave Psyran.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 25, 2013, 02:07:29 pm
*walks in catching the last portion of the conversation between Zill and Yiski... as he's munching on a turkey leg*

*looks at Zill... then looks at his turkey leg... then back at Zill... then lifts the turkey leg towards Zill*

Want a bite? I promise that I don't have anything contagious... well, better not say that, at least it won't kill you...

*Blankly stares at him for a moment*

I think Ill take my chances with Yiski's cooking, if its all the same to you. Last guy to offer me food was paid pretty well to see it be my last bite. Come with me up North in a week and then I may take that offer.

*Walks out from the kitchen with a plate and a bowl and places them on Zill's table*

Well, here's a sandwich. Pretty standard: ham, cheese, bacon, fried onions, lettuce, and secret sauce.

The bowl is soup is well... soup. What kind of soup... err... well the broth is Frost Fire Ale base. I tried some and I'm still standing so it shouldn't kill you... immediately at least.

*Lifts the mask just enough to eat, revealing charred and shredded remains of what skin was left on his face from the incident.*

Not bad at all Yiski. You might be on to somethin' here with this house special. I feel like shootin' a raider already.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 25, 2013, 02:31:05 pm
*Sees Wazulu stumble in*
Hmm... I managed to get the stuff I needed to make a remedy for that. Unless you want to take the pill I gave Psyran.

Well, from one hell to another. I'll take two, and a pint to drink 'em down.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 25, 2013, 02:38:31 pm
*munches on his turkey leg and shrugs at Zill*

Mr. Yiski? Gave I have a brewski today? I think yesterday you were keeping me from having a relapse or something, but I assure you... I'm definitely fit to drink today.

*turns towards Wazulu*

I wouldn't if I were you. Those pills are a cure-all, but it does so by placing you into a coma. My face is still sore from where it landed on the table

*rubs his face as he turns back towards the bar*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 25, 2013, 04:00:10 pm
*turns towards Wazulu*

I wouldn't if I were you. Those pills are a cure-all, but it does so by placing you into a coma. My face is still sore from where it landed on the table

Well, considering this monster headache, anything is better than nothing....
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 04:16:33 pm
*Turns to Psryan*

Like I said, this time I can make the remedy.

*Inspects Psyran*

Meh, yeah you look good to drink, but none of the heavy stuff.

*Hands Wazulu a mug of Anvala's best*
*Turns to Wazulu*

No worries, my remedy works like the pill with none of the side effects. Give me a minute to make the brew.

*Yiski heads into the back room*
*Heavy mechanical sounds can be heard*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 25, 2013, 04:22:35 pm
*stumbles in with burned clothes, and a bit of blood here and there*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 04:25:57 pm
*stumbles in with burned clothes, and a bit of blood here and there*

*Goes up to N-Sunderland and helps him to the couch*

Oh by the Fjords, who did you flare this time? You know what, never mind I don't want to know.
Zill, you still know that medic who doesn't ask questions? Get him here... now.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 25, 2013, 04:28:44 pm
*stumbles in with burned clothes, and a bit of blood here and there*

*Goes up to N-Sunderland and helps him to the couch*

Oh by the Fjords, who did you flare this time? You know what, never mind I don't want to know.
Zill, you still know that medic who doesn't ask questions? Get him here... now.

Yeah, it's probably best that you don't ask where I was. Get me a drink while I'm waiting for the medic, will ya?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 25, 2013, 04:32:18 pm
*Secures his mask and hastily makes for the door*

Im on it.

*Comes back 5 minutes later with Oliver right behind*

Over there on the couch, looks like 1 or 2 flares caught him sleepin'.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 25, 2013, 05:03:39 pm
*to Yiski* Alrighty then. I won't ask what's in this brew of yours- for the sake of my intestines and your secret recipe. Just remember, it'll be your floor if I spew up, eh? Cheers for the drink nonetheless
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 25, 2013, 05:09:07 pm
*Walks in and sees N-Sunderland*
Did thou get in a fight with "Fury Furry" again? I'd haven't see ya like this before, and I doubt you'd be stupid enough to nearly kill ye self with a flare gun, of all things.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 25, 2013, 05:29:26 pm
*Walks in and sees N-Sunderland*
Did thou get in a fight with "Fury Furry" again? I'd haven't see ya like this before, and I doubt you'd be stupid enough to nearly kill ye self with a flare gun, of all things.

Leave Furry out of this. I was just out dealing with some old business. I had to pay a visit to some... friends... shall we say. And you can be damn sure I didn't have that flare gun, seeing as I've been searching for it for the last couple of days *looks at BdrLine with suspicion*.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 25, 2013, 05:40:38 pm
*Holds his fingers over his mask like he is thinking*
I think I saw ye flare gun at an auction, I don't know who got it, but I don't think it went for very high.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 25, 2013, 05:44:04 pm
*Holds his fingers over his mask like he is thinking*
I think I saw ye flare gun at an auction, I don't know who got it, but I don't think it went for very high.

*punches BdrLine and knocks him out*

That'll teach ya to sell my stuff off!

*grabs Skyraider by the collar*

Where was it? Tell me now. Tell me the address. Tell me the time of day. Tell me the selling price. Tell me what the buyer looked like. JUST TELL ME EVERYTHING.

*panics and almost starts crying*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 25, 2013, 05:50:20 pm
*grabs Skyraider by the collar*

Where was it? Tell me now. Tell me the address. Tell me the time of day. Tell me the selling price. Tell me what the buyer looked like. JUST TELL ME EVERYTHING.

*panics and almost starts crying*
Woah woah! It was at..... "Aggressive Auctions", about an hour ago! The guy wore a bird's mask, and I saw ye flare gun in parts, looks like the seller wasn't very careful. I don't know the sellin' price, but for the condition it was in, it wouldn't have gone for much!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 25, 2013, 05:55:38 pm
*grabs Skyraider by the collar*

Where was it? Tell me now. Tell me the address. Tell me the time of day. Tell me the selling price. Tell me what the buyer looked like. JUST TELL ME EVERYTHING.

*panics and almost starts crying*
Woah woah! It was at..... "Aggressive Auctions", about an hour ago! The guy wore a bird's mask, and I saw ye flare gun in parts, looks like the seller wasn't very careful. I don't know the sellin' price, but for the condition it was in, it wouldn't have gone for much!

Got it. I'm getting the word out. That bird-masked man won't be able to step into the streets with my gun without meeting an unpleasant surprise.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 25, 2013, 05:58:03 pm
Now why exactly is that flare so important to ya? I normally don't get grabbed by ze collar.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 06:17:34 pm
*Gets in between N-Sunderland and Skyraider*

Calm down Sund. You're in no condition to be getting up let alone getting your blood pressure up.

*Eases N-Sunderland back on the couch*

Don't worry about your flare gun. I know the guy that runs the auction house. I'll ask him who bought your flare gun.

*Looks to Oliver*

What's his status doc?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on February 25, 2013, 06:33:00 pm
*Flings the door open, clapping the dust from the skipper's pea coat and throwing off the officers hat*

Hello gents, nice weather we have today, huh? Oh Sunderland I'm glad to see you're here. Remember that old flare gun that you found in that huge wreckage in the Burren? I just found some very tasty information about it containing a...

*Looks at Sunderland*

Dear lord, what happened to you?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 25, 2013, 06:38:57 pm
Nice weather? Where I came from, it was poorin' down cats and dogs! Well, poorin' ammo and twisted metal, I had to deal with the ole' pirates along the way.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 25, 2013, 06:41:19 pm
*Oliver gives him a once over*

After that performance, he'll be fine. A few 2nd degree burns and a mild concussion. Give him these dissolved with some of the coldest brew you got.

*Hands Yiski 2 tablets the size pennies*

Zill its on your tab. G"day.

*Walks out*

*Murmurs under his breath before turning to Sunderland*

For once you owe me Sunder. Rest your head before you hurt Sky for the wrong reasons.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 25, 2013, 06:41:55 pm
*Gets in between N-Sunderland and Skyraider*

Calm down Sund. You're in no condition to be getting up let alone getting your blood pressure up.

*Eases N-Sunderland back on the couch*

Don't worry about your flare gun. I know the guy that runs the auction house. I'll ask him who bought your flare gun.

*Looks to Oliver*

What's his status doc?

Thanks Yiski, that means a lot.
*Flings the door open, clapping the dust from the skipper's pea coat and throwing off the officers hat*

Hello gents, nice weather we have today, huh? Oh Sunderland I'm glad to see you're here. Remember that old flare gun that you found in that huge wreckage in the Burren? I just found some very tasty information about it containing a...

*Looks at Sunderland*

Dear lord, what happened to you?

Doesn't matter. What's this about my flare gun?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on February 25, 2013, 07:04:50 pm
Doesn't matter. What's this about my flare gun?

Oh you wouldn't happen to have it with you would you? An acquaintance of mine have been to the imperial library of Chang-Ning, there finding some information about a special kind of flare gun, very much matching yours in description. He wired me the results this morning. Seemingly it's supposed to contain some kind of map.

Oh and while I'm down here, would someone be as kind as to pour me a big strong one.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 25, 2013, 07:09:25 pm
Oh you wouldn't happen to have it with you would you? An acquaintance of mine have been to the imperial library of Chang-Ning, there finding some information about a special kind of flare gun, very much matching yours in description. He wired me the results this morning. Seemingly it's supposed to contain some kind of map.
No wonder why someone would by a broken down, portable flare gun. But a map ina' flare gun? Wouldn' it be able to burn easy?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on February 25, 2013, 07:12:26 pm
Well I'm no expert on paper, maybe it's inside the grip or something?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 07:27:02 pm
Oh you wouldn't happen to have it with you would you? An acquaintance of mine have been to the imperial library of Chang-Ning, there finding some information about a special kind of flare gun, very much matching yours in description. He wired me the results this morning. Seemingly it's supposed to contain some kind of map.

Oh and while I'm down here, would someone be as kind as to pour me a big strong one.

*Hands Sgt. Spoon a mug of Yiski's Reserve*

A rare flare gun huh? I think I know the one you're friend's talking about. Supposedly the map holds a location of some pre-world tech schematics. Powerful stuff to whoever could find it's location.

*Yiski walks into the back room for a few minutes. After, he emerges with a parchment in his hand bearing his seal*

Instead of waiting till the auction house opens tomorrow, given the circumstances, I'm gonna send a rushed correspondence to Ralph, the head of Anvala's auction house, for the info. He and I go way back during the early days of establishing and defending my plushie refinery.

*Walks outside and hails a local courier*
*Mutters instructions to the courier and hands him 5 sliver.*
*Courier heads off*
*Yiski turns to N-Sunderland*

No worries. I should be hearing back from Ralph within a few hours.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 25, 2013, 07:37:31 pm
Pre-world tech schematics? I wonder if thatd' be the wind turbine that could change arid environments into perfect farming grounds, or worse, create hurricanes and tornadoes. I heard something along those lines, the Germans were very inventive about the machines they created, however they weren't able to release it for a unknown cause, and was never heard from again.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 07:40:09 pm
Pre-world tech schematics? I wonder if thatd' be the wind turbine that could change arid environments into perfect farming grounds, or worse, create hurricanes and tornadoes. I heard something along those lines, the Germans were very inventive about the machines they created, however they weren't able to release it for a unknown cause, and was never heard from again.

*Yiski turns to Skyraider*

That's just it... nobody really knows what type of tech it is... or even it is tech at all. Some say is lost cultural artifacts or some other pre-world stuff.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 25, 2013, 07:43:56 pm
Well it ain't be good, since its gone for a reason.
*Opens a journal and scribbles down something*
Now that's on my "To-do" list, although we have lost the flare gun, we can still figure out what's so important about this map.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 25, 2013, 08:08:55 pm
*Walks in with a crate of what look like a pile of componets*

Hello fellas, was out in the Dunes with my junker looking for parts to fix my gold.....

*sees the sight before him as N-Sunderland knocks out another patron as well as the last bit of what Sunderland says*

...fish. What in the world happen in here while I was gone?!? And Sunderland I didn't took your flare, i thought it was mine when you barged in here two days ago but at a closer inspection say it wasn't. I left it at the counter for when you return.

But any who while i was at the scrap pile i found these. Ancient stuff that i presume before the "Icarus " went up.

*sees the scematics at the table*

Oh I remember that when i was with my father when he takes me to the imperial library when i was young. If i recall correctly it was more than a flare gun, i think it had a two part mechanism, one it shoots the flare that blinds the enemy with its intense light, then shoots off a small rocket of some sorts from a bottom barrel disabling the ship.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 08:50:15 pm
*Courier runs into the saloon and hands Yiski a letter bearing Ralph's seal*
*Yiski opens and reads the letter*

Hmm.... well this is really odd. Seems like even Ralph doesn't know who the bird masked fellow is, but according to some of his workers that move goods in and out of the docks, they noticed "Birdman" getting onto a galleon named "Soaring Wing".

I guess if we want to know where "Birdman," your gun, and the map is, we'll have to ask the Dockmaster where his ship was heading.

*Yiski looks to everybody*

Oh by the skies, anybody up for a little chase?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 25, 2013, 09:26:12 pm
*Courier runs into the saloon and hands Yiski a letter bearing Ralph's seal*
*Yiski opens and reads the letter*

Hmm.... well this is really odd. Seems like even Ralph doesn't know who the bird masked fellow is, but according to some of his workers that move goods in and out of the docks, they noticed "Birdman" getting onto a galleon named "Soaring Wing".

I guess if we want to know where "Birdman," your gun, and the map is, we'll have to ask the Dockmaster where his ship was heading.

*Yiski looks to everybody*

Oh by the skies, anybody up for a little chase?

The skies will be alight with the fire of our guns until I get that flare back.

I'm in.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 25, 2013, 09:33:37 pm

The skies will be alight with the fire of our guns until I get that flare back.

I'm in.

Wow Sunder thats one special flare gun you had there. An ancient one with a map in matter of fact. But yah i should have kept that on me so that i could return it to you later instead of leaving it here out in the open. But, how long did you have that gun and didnt notice that it had a second barrel?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 25, 2013, 09:38:16 pm
Wow Sunder thats one special flare gun you had there. An ancient one with a map in matter of fact. But yah i should have kept that on me so that i could return it to you later instead of leaving it here out in the open. But, how long did you have that gun and didnt notice that it had a second barrel?

I salvaged it from the dreadnought, back when I rebuilt the whole damn thing in three hours (promptly crashing it in the same spot five minutes later). That would have been a good twenty years ago. It was just lying there, covered in sand. I only use it whenever I come into this place after spending a few weeks locked up or something, or when I'm getting a bit too close to those raiders.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 25, 2013, 09:39:03 pm
I'm in, I am curious about what this map leads to.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 25, 2013, 09:40:11 pm
*Quietly taking in the entire conversation, he rocks in his chair*

As much as I hate followin' maps, Ill see where this dust storm takes us. You certainly arent flying through the Dusty Mistress on your own.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 09:42:28 pm
START OF OUT OF CHARACTER MOMENT

Alright, so I've consequently lead (for better or for worse) this world into a quest situation. Only those that have posted in this thread currently can join. Also, there will be a clearly marked side-story mission in the cantina.

The quest will be restricted in the following manner:
1) Ships require the standard 4 crew members (1 captain required and 3 crew of any class)
2) If more than one ship leaves for the mission, then the other ship must be fully crewed.
3) If your character undertakes the mission, then the character is unable to participate in the main thread until it's completion.
4) Other restrictions I see fit as they come up.

If you wish to partake in this mission, then please make it clear by the end of the saloon closing which will be around 12 a.m. - 1 a.m. Eastern Standard time.

Details regarding the quest will be released as soon as I can figure them out.

END OF OUT OF CHARACTER MOMENT
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 25, 2013, 09:44:44 pm
Well with what i found earlier in the day at the scrap pile, i think some of these stuff can help us out. They look so old even with some of the books i took with me from Yesha didnt have anything on it
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on February 25, 2013, 09:51:32 pm
Begin out of character moment

I'll serve as an engineer on one of the ships.

End out of character moment
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on February 25, 2013, 10:16:15 pm
Begin out of character moment

I'll serve as one of the captains of the fleet

End out of character moment
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 25, 2013, 10:36:57 pm
Begin out of character moment

I'll be staying behind but i can "add" some new ship to ship radios to whose going as well as a long range transmitter so you can still be connected with me and that i can provide more information if anything comes up around these parts.

wait if we are doing all this out of character stuff right now, how are we gonna implement it back in character?

End out character moment
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 11:00:23 pm
START OUT OF CHARACTER

Realized we shouldn't spam this.

I've made Burning Skies Saloon: Side Quest in the Pit. Please post again whether you're going or not for my convenience and for the sake of this thread.

END OUT OF CHARACTER
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on February 25, 2013, 11:31:16 pm
Aye! Why the hell not. I'm in.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 25, 2013, 11:40:22 pm
START OUT OF CHARACTER

I'll participate as whatever.

END OUT OF CHARACTER
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 25, 2013, 11:42:17 pm
*Yiski looks around the saloon and see a number of individuals looking ready to head out immediately*

Woah now, let's not stampede into the docks all at once.

First things first, we gotta figure whose all going. --Refer to Pit topic--
Second, I gotta find Roland and tell him he's watching the saloon while we're out having our little hunt.
Third, I'd assume Zill and Skyraider might want to figure out who's going on which ship and make the proper preparations.
Fourth, someone needs to ask the Dockmaster where the Soaring Wing was headed.

While I'm out, help yourselves to what's on tap. Better yet, prep some of my barrels for us to take. If we're going, we sure as hell aint going dry.

*Yiski heads out to fetch Roland*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Psyran on February 25, 2013, 11:49:37 pm
*takes advantage of the empty bar and drinks straight from the tap*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on February 25, 2013, 11:53:28 pm
*Slaps Psyran in the back of the head*

Dont take advantage of a free bar. A little respect eh? Goes both ways remember rook?

*Beckons a few rough men to help him with some barrels for the journey*

Load it fast men. Sand storms are commin'. I can smell 'em.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 25, 2013, 11:53:50 pm
*As Yiski leaves, the group then discuss about preparations*

*BdrLineAzn goes to the bar and comes back with a tray on Anvala's Finest and Psyran in tow*

So if we are going out to find this guy and retrieve back that map, how are we going about this? If you want i can hook up some new radio systems on the ships for ship to ship talking. As well as a long range transmitter so you can be connected here still as i'm not going. All the equipment are at my docks.

*he sits Psyran in a chair and hands him a mug*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on February 26, 2013, 12:28:56 am
*turns to BdrLineAzn*
Sounds good, we could use someone back here, in case something else comes up.

*sips from mug and turns back to group*
After a little "incident" my ship is currently being in the docks for reparation, I gladely join one of yours.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on February 26, 2013, 12:52:51 am
The sound of hydraulics echos outside the door

*Papa P walks in, Carbine and repeater in tow.*

"Heard you boys were lookin' for something, you know you can always count on me."

*Walking over to the group, glancing at Sunderland*

"I didn't disappear for months earnin' nothin', You're looking at the proud new owner of a Dreadnaught, I'm currently discussing the details with the shipwright... I sure as hell won't be out gunned by raiders ever again. Best of all, the build time gives me plenty of time to go gallivantin' with the good ol' boys."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 26, 2013, 01:00:34 am
*As the would-be crew are figuring out the logistics, Yiski returns with Roland*
*Yiski sees the progress of getting all the rum and ale into the barrels*

Alright, Roland's here to take over while we're away.

*Yiski and the others figure out the crew configurations*
*Hours pass by*
*Yiski gives a sigh*

Alright so this is currently what we have.

*Yiski lays out a parchment with names*

------------------------------------------------------
Ship      : NAFS Mercury (Goldfish)
Captain: Skyraider
Crew    : Sgt. Spoon (Gunner)
               Psyran (Engineer)
               N-Sunderland (Engineer)
------------------------------------------------------
Ship      : We didn't survive (Spire)
Captain: RearAdmiralZill
Crew    : Yiski (Gunner)
              PapaParadox (Gunner)
              Jun'ko Zane (Engineer)
-------------------------------------------------------

Okay this looks about right. BdrLineAzn, you said you'll give us long range radio support among us so we'll be depending on you to keep us up on where Bridman is going.
Also, I've got good news too. Looks like the Dockmaster said Birdman was heading west of Sarin. At least I won't be freezing my ass off.

*Looks over to everybody*

Listen up! We'll ship out as soon as Skyraider and Zill are set to go. Let's all get some rest, chase this guy down, and probably find some rare loot along the way.
FOR THE SKIES!

*With that the group goes off their separate ways in order to prepare for the journey ahead.*
*Yiski closes up shop*

--End of Day Three
(You know the drill by now.)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 26, 2013, 11:30:04 am
--START OF DAY FOUR--

*Yiski and Roland start preparing for the usual day of letting in the usual mess of individuals. However, the coming days it will feel as if the saloon will feel more empty as usual. While Roland is preparing to open the saloon in Yiski's place, Yiski is checking all which is needed for the coming journey*

Let's see my checklist:
- Canteen     : Check
- Rations       : Check
- Ammunition: Check
- Rum & Ale   : Double & Triple Check.

*Yiski turns to Roland*

Well the other should have made their ways to the docks, so I'm shipping out! Take care of the saloon while I'm away. Oh and make sure you be a little more assertive this time around. You don't want the fellas to walk all over you now.

*Roland salutes Yiski as Yiski returns the gesture*
*Yiski exits from Burning Skies Saloon*


Saloon will open at 3:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Those joining the side quest please be aware of the new thread being created shortly in the Cantina.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 26, 2013, 03:05:15 pm
*Roland looks to the clock and sees that he's a little late in opening. Roland rushes to get the finishing touches done, unlocks the door and turns on the open sign.*
*Roland looks to the docks sitting high above the district and says to himself*

I really need him to get back as soon as possible. Not sure how long the saloon will stand without Yiski keeping order.

*Roland sighs and heads inside*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on February 26, 2013, 03:12:23 pm
*Shink opens the door and takes a look around at the empty saloon. Modified field gun strapped to his back. He strolls up to the bar, and places 3 coppers down*

"Milk"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 26, 2013, 03:15:16 pm
*Shink opens the door and takes a look around at the empty saloon. Modified field gun strapped to his back. He strolls up to the bar, and places 3 coppers down*

"Milk"

*Roland turns to see Shinkurex sit at the bar*

Milk.... sure give me a second. I'm sure Yiski had some around the bar somewhere.

*Roland takes a minute while trying to figure out the madness that is Yiski's organization*

Sorry for the wait, here's your milk.

*Roland hands Shinkurex a glass of milk*

I don't stand in for Yiski often, but I don't think I've seen you before in this district. What brings you by here?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on February 26, 2013, 03:25:28 pm
"Thanks"

*takes a long drink of the ice cold milk*

"I'm a gun for hire, and have heard all about this place. Fate just seemed to have finally brought me here"

*looks around*

"Things look a little slow. Mind if I take a table and get some food?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 26, 2013, 03:39:41 pm
*Roland looks around, only to remember there are no menus*

Well, I got good news and bad news. Good news, I'm a better cook than Yiski. Bad news, there no menu. So tell me in general what you want and I'll try to accommodate.

*Roland notices the gap left by those heading out*

Yeah, Yiski, owner of the saloon, and some of the other regulars are out preparing for a mission of sorts. Not sure how long they'll be gone though.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on February 26, 2013, 03:54:26 pm
*ponders for a moment*

"A juicy steak would be good, or whatever else you got. If you have anything to give it a little kick would be good as well."

*proceeds to the corner table, and sits*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on February 26, 2013, 06:27:47 pm
*The door opens, light filters through and outlines a figure in the door. A plague doctors mask obscures his face, and a hardened leather captains jacket protects his frame. He walks in, not slowly, but with the calculated air of a man that thinks before acting, a man that plots. The man sits at the bar and removes the mask, letting it hang around his neck. The face is nothing special, mid twenties with no remarkable features*

I rarely come in to find the place this quiet....where are the usual troublemakers? and is there any of the old Hellfire to be had?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Wazulu on February 26, 2013, 07:03:32 pm
*The door opens, light filters through and outlines a figure in the door. A plague doctors mask obscures his face, and a hardened leather captains jacket protects his frame. He walks in, not slowly, but with the calculated air of a man that thinks before acting, a man that plots. The man sits at the bar and removes the mask, letting it hang around his neck. The face is nothing special, mid twenties with no remarkable features*

I rarely come in to find the place this quiet....where are the usual troublemakers? and is there any of the old Hellfire to be had?

*Looks up, brushing off layers of dust that have accumulated* Ah, they're off an a mission, I'm afraid. More of a revenge, but no matter.
 
Roland will serve you a drink, though he doesn't talk much. Ever. It seems only a few of us are around, I think you'll have the joy of my company here.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on February 26, 2013, 07:21:25 pm
*Glances up from his light nap, and assesses the newcomers. Seeing as they pose no immediate threat, Shink releases his hold on his pistol*

'Where is that barkeep'

*Notices Wazulu, and ponders on how he made it into the saloon undetected*

"Care for a drink? I'll buy your first round if you tell me your stories"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on February 26, 2013, 07:25:36 pm
Well then I reckon your company will do just fine, do you have a name stranger?
I used to have one but I forgot some time ago, the others just call me Qwerty, It's a pleasure to meet ya'.

*turns to Shink*

I reckon that sounds fair, pleasure to meet you as well stranger.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 26, 2013, 07:33:00 pm
*Smoke can be seen coming from the back of the saloon. Eventually Roland appears with a steak on a plate. It's looks charred*
*Roland hands the plate to Shinkurex*

Sorry for the wait. I didn't realize Yiski had lochnagar fuel powering the stove. Sure, it looks black on the outside, but it's actually medium well. Enjoy.

*Roland spots Qwertyjam and Wazulu*

Sorry guys, didn't notice you enter.

*Roland heads back to the bar and hands the two a mug of Anvala's Reserve*

Yiski always told me to serve first and get money later. Enjoy.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on February 26, 2013, 07:42:53 pm
*sits at the bar and takes the drink, has a long sip then places it on the counter*

Much better thankyou, you must be Roland, some of the old dogs have mentioned you from time to time. Pleasure to meet ya'
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 26, 2013, 07:48:19 pm
*sits at the bar and takes the drink, has a long sip then places it on the counter*

Much better thankyou, you must be Roland, some of the old dogs have mentioned you from time to time. Pleasure to meet ya'

Appreciated. Yes, I do sometimes help out Yiski when he's on leave. While I do like the additional work, it makes me uncomfortable being around all of his experimental drinks, especially those which are very prone to exploding.

*Roland chuckles*

Fortunately for me, Yiski took most of those on his trip. Unfortunately for you, it means there's less of it to drink.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on February 26, 2013, 07:56:00 pm
*Chuckles and smiles*

That's all right, I think the world might be a little safer without those mixes of his. It wont be the raiders that take out the last of our kind, it'll be his damned brews.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 26, 2013, 10:17:58 pm
*Roland takes a deep breath at the bar. The bar is just as busy as he remembers during the times he helped out Yiski. Yet despite the saloon's hectic and noisy nature, without the others, it seems almost quiet. This unsettled Roland for a moment, but he quickly regains composure when a decent group of workers, no doubt finishing their shift at the dock, enter and ask for a large order of drinks.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on February 26, 2013, 10:30:03 pm
Quote
*Smoke can be seen coming from the back of the saloon. Eventually Roland appears with a steak on a plate. It's looks charred*
*Roland hands the plate to Shinkurex*

Sorry for the wait. I didn't realize Yiski had lochnagar fuel powering the stove. Sure, it looks black on the outside, but it's actually medium well. Enjoy.

*Eyes the steak*

"looks edible enough"

*looks in Qwerty's direction*

"pleasures all mine"

*Sinks his teeth into the steak, and lets out a low wistle*

"that may have been the best steak I've had in years. compliments to the chef"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 26, 2013, 11:12:13 pm
*Roland turns to Shinkurex*

Glad it's edible. Anyways, if you don't mind me asking, but what brings you and Qwertyjam to Anvala?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 26, 2013, 11:59:42 pm
*It's now 2:00 a.m. Roland takes a look up to see the time. By now most of the patrons have left to get a good night's rest.*

Alright everybody! It's closing time. You don't have to go home, but you can't stay here! No worries, the saloon will be here in the morning.

END OF DAY FOUR
(Hopefully, I don't have to do this reminder anymore.)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on February 27, 2013, 09:43:49 am
Saloon will not be active until March 1. Need some time off.

Yiski
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 01, 2013, 11:39:44 am
--START DAY FIVE--

*Roland manages to get the saloon up and running before opening*
*Roland takes a deep breath and prepares for the day ahead*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 01, 2013, 03:09:22 pm
*Wakes up outside the Saloon. Confused*

'Man that milk must've knocked me out'

*Checks for anything missing, and notices 2 silvers missing*

'At least qwerty and wazulu got their rounds'

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 01, 2013, 04:51:00 pm
*Roland takes a look around the saloon and sees it as busy as usual (minus the usual suspects). Sadly, the more people inside causes the saloon to quickly become filled with smoke, dust, and general musk and odor.*
*Roland decides to open up a few windows and keep the door open*
*Roland takes a step outside and notice Shinkurex on the ground*

'Huh... I guess even the milk Yiski has on hand causes people blackout. I wonder if there's anything here that doesn't?... Probably not.'

*Roland reaches down and helps Shinkurex up*

Alright, let's get you inside and fixed up. I'm sure Yiski has a drink for it.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 01, 2013, 05:09:34 pm
*Accepts Roland's helping hand*

"Thanks friend. You wouldn't happen to know what happened last night?"

*Enters the saloon, and sits at the bar*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 03, 2013, 01:00:45 pm
For those who have not read this in the quest line enjoy. (Reading this is mandatory for those involved in the quest)

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1EMsUJ_1k5rfpIsmCeSCzgidMQQ0YcKM5FAYvNGsLDEc/edit?usp=sharing

--NARRATOR--

After two and a half weeks since the team went on the quest to retrieve N-Sunderland's flare gun, the team have safely arrived back in Anvala.

It's is around noon and Yiski knew the saloon would already be open (it's always 5 o'clock somewhere). As Yiski walked in the saloon, the place went quiet for a moment. It wasn't long before the entire saloon erupted in cheering in seeing their favorite bartender. Apparently, BdrLineAzn was awful in keeping quiet and practically told the entire district what was going on.

Roland approached Yiski and shook his hand. Roland is visibly relieved Yiski is back. Though Roland was used to seeing after the saloon for a few days at a time, he still couldn't fathom handling it for weeks, let alone years like Yiski did. Yiski thanked Roland for his service and surprised the saloon was still standing without him imposing order.

--NARRATOR END--

*Yiski walks behind the bar and pulls out a list he keeps of all the tabs accumulated. He sighs and gives a small chuckle.*

Damn gotta see Zill again about collecting some debts.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 03, 2013, 01:07:22 pm
*Opens the door with a bang. Frustration has gotten the better of his normal calm. He's fumbling with his mask..*

Flakin' thing! Yiski, do tell me I have a spare canister for my mask back there. This dust from our trip is getting gritty in the lungs.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 03, 2013, 01:15:04 pm
*Opens the door with a bang. Frustration has gotten the better of his normal calm. He's fumbling with his mask..*

Flakin' thing! Yiski, do tell me I have a spare canister for my mask back there. This dust from our trip is getting gritty in the lungs.

*Yiski laughs despite Zill's apparent frustration*

Yeah, I might have one in the back. I thought by now you'd learn to always carry a spare with ya.

*Yiski takes a minute and comes back with a spare canister*

It's not exactly new or at full capacity, but I'm sure it'll last ya till you get a replacement. Oh and I'll be needing to borrow your gatling again.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 03, 2013, 02:22:21 pm
*Yiski laughs despite Zill's apparent frustration*

Yeah, I might have one in the back. I thought by now you'd learn to always carry a spare with ya.

*Yiski takes a minute and comes back with a spare canister*

It's not exactly new or at full capacity, but I'm sure it'll last ya till you get a replacement. Oh and I'll be needing to borrow your gatling again.

*Quickly exchanges the canisters and takes a deep breath of semi-fresh air*

Ah now thats more like it. I had a spare but the friggen rooks at the docks dropped in my new tar experiment. Lets just say that stuff isnt healthy for even me.

*Scratches the back of his head*

I'll get it to yea after a few shots of No.3. I pray to the Dusty Mistress we still have some after our escapade.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 03, 2013, 03:08:37 pm
*walks up towards Yiski and RearAdmiralZill*

*to Yiski*

Sorry I blabbered out to the whole district. Apparently stress and alcohol don't mix, and I think in my drunken daze I spilled a few words out.

*to both*

But beside the district, the only other people who know about this is my contacts back in Yesha and the Emporer himself. He heard of what was going on and gladly extends his gratitude for saving the Empire. Also a few hours before your return, I received an Imperial Wire from the Palace wanting to reward all of us with either 10,000 peices of gold or a personally built Yeshan Galleon.

When the rest of the guys come I'll tel them but for now, Yiski a mug of Hellfire to celebrate
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 03, 2013, 04:47:33 pm
*Opens the the door to the ruckus*

"Hey all what's going on?"

*spot's Zill at the bar*

"Zill! I have a bone to pick with you... stop testing your tar experiments on your allies.... mucking up my guns


*To Yiski*

"What do you put in your milk? knocked me out for a day."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 03, 2013, 04:59:32 pm
*Walks in and points flare gun at HellFire*

All right Yiski, hand the plushies over, or this place is going up in flames!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 03, 2013, 05:03:25 pm
*Yiski gives N-Sunderland a flat look*

Really... I mean really... after everything we just went through to get your flare gun back, you pull this nonsense.

*Yiski brushes off N-Sunderland's usual entrance*
*Yiski turns to BdrLineAzn*

10,000 gold huh. I could put it towards fixing up the place a bit. Need to replace the filter and ventilator eventually. Don't know the hell I'd do with a Yeshan galleon. I know Zill here doesn't like galleons all that much, not sure about Sky.

*Yiski hand BdrLineAzn a mug of Hellfire and hands Zill a mug of No.3*
*Yiski walks back to bar and fixes himself a No.1 and looks at Shinkurex*

The milk is just your standard milk with maybe a hint of my own personal flair.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 03, 2013, 05:17:53 pm
*Nods*

"Well that's the last time I ask for that... Give me something that won't knock me out please"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 03, 2013, 06:37:56 pm
*Takes a long swig of his No.3*

BdrLine, whats so special about a Yeshan Galleon? Yiski's right too. Too cumbersome for my taste. But I do still want to know.

*Glares over to Shink*

Dont blame me, I give ample warning when its used. That or you were about to bite it anyway.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 03, 2013, 06:50:03 pm
*to Zill*

oh nothing much. they just wanted to say thanks. but also they really dont know what else to offer then what they can make good. and honestly they make better galleons, have you seen them try to make a pot or even a spoon at the least, yeah its that bad. But you dont have to get it the gold offer still stands.

*drinks his hellfire*

Yiski can we shoot that flare at Sunderland, i dont want a repeat of what happen again
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 03, 2013, 07:05:25 pm
*Yiski takes his No.1 and sits with Zill and Azn*

Sure, a Yeshan galleon is top-notch, nobody's questin' that. But I'd imagine everybody would enjoy getting a slice of the gold.

*Yiski takes a swig and stares at Sund and looks back to Azn*

Well, next time if it gets sold off or stolen, Sund's on his own.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 03, 2013, 07:20:34 pm
You guys can be certain that this thing won't be lost ever again. I'm not leaving it lying around here anymore.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 03, 2013, 08:56:48 pm
*To BdrLine after another swig*

All the same to you and your kin, but Ill take the money.

*Beckons a work to go fetch his Gatling Gun. A short while he returns*

Here yea are Yiski. No friggen drunks are going to out us a tab.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 03, 2013, 08:59:47 pm
*Qwerty walks in the door, plague doctors mask hanging around his neck once again. Upon seeing the likes of Admiral Zill and Sunderland his face breaks in to a smile.*

A more depraved hive of scum and villainy I have never seen......but enough about my family portrait, how are you boys? 

*Qwerty goes and sits at the bar, facing the other at the table*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 03, 2013, 09:40:28 pm
I'm not too bad myself. My captain and I have been searching the skies for raiders lately, but it seems like we've scared them off. The beating we gave them at that camp... We could write a whole book about it.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 03, 2013, 10:51:11 pm
*Just as Yiski reaches for the gatling gun, a group of men walk in and stand at the table BdrLine, Yiski, and Zill are sitting at*
*The men reach into their pocket and each pull out small pouches*
*Yiski inspects the pouches and finds an assortment of copper, bronze, silver, and gold bits*

"Yeah we all heard you're back and figured we should pay our tabs."

*The men eye the gatling firmly in Yiski's grip*

-It seems our friends weren't kidding when they said you'd come after us with a gatling.-

*Yiski smiles*

Smart friends.

*The men leave and Yiski takes the pouches over to the counter and puts them in his lock box (made by a certain N-Sunderland)*
*Yiski grabs a handful of drinks to the other patrons and walks over to Qwerty with a mug of Anvala's Reserve*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 03, 2013, 11:18:46 pm
*Takes a final swig and beckons for more No.3*

Ah, good. Now poor Roland wont need to worry himself while youre away again Yiski. This Gatling gun does so much for us.

*Blank stare at Qwerty for a moment before replying*

A rough bunch and even rougher drinks. Take a seat and have a mug.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 03, 2013, 11:34:59 pm
*Yiski fixes himself a small glass of Hellfire and Zill another mug of No.3*

Skies, I still remember when I first used the gatling a few months after opening the saloon. I can still remember the deadbeats' faces when I came bursting in with it. Ah... they screamed like frightened children.

*Look to N-Sunderland*

Sund, you could probably write a whole damn book just on all the complaining you did getting your damn flare gun. Until then, I've never believed half those insults existed.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 03, 2013, 11:38:06 pm
*Look to N-Sunderland*

Sund, you could probably write a whole damn book just on all the complaining you did getting your damn flare gun. Until then, I've never believed half those insults existed.

That flare gun and I have been through a whole lot together. Hell, I once defended Anvala using it alone.

I could put all that in section 15, chapter 32, volume 8 of my autobiography.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 03, 2013, 11:58:19 pm
Thanks for the drink, you wont mind if I dont rack up a dept with you

*Places a few coins on the counter and walks over to the table, taking a seat*

Names Qwerty and it's a pleasure to meet ya all. You sound like you've got a hell of a story stanger.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 12:25:06 am
*Yiski gives a look of incomprehensibility at the thought of N-Sunderland having an autobiography.*

I... I... how... *sigh* forget it, I don't care.

*Yiski turns to Qwertyjam*

I don't mind a tab, but don't make it a habit of running to high for too long. *Yiski points to the gatling still on the table* I think you get the point.
As far as a story, you'd not believe what we went through for a flare gun.

*Yiski gives Qwertyjam a quick overview of the small adventure the team went through. (Recap: http://tinyurl.com/cp49tqu)*
*Hours pass and Yiski realizes it's a half past 2 a.m. and that half of the saloon is still filled.*
*The sight brings a thought to Yiski*

By the skies, it feels good to be home.

*Yiski manages to get the remaining stragglers to leave and closes up for the night*

--END OF DAY 22--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 10:34:27 am
--START OF DAY 23--

*Before opening for the day, Yiski heads down to the market district. Before him was a plethora of different stalls, most sold general goods for pilots and crews, but a fair number sold goods for the locals. Yiski stocks up for the day and heads back to the saloon.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 04, 2013, 10:41:42 am
*Qwerty strolls in as soon as the door is open, places some coin on the counter.*

Figure it's about time to try this Hellfire of yours Yiski
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 10:58:47 am
*Flings the door open in a usually dramatic way, only to realise that the saloon has just opened*

That's it! I'm officially homeless. Damn swabbies down at the docks seems to have caused more damage to my ship than it was in the first place.

*Heads over to the counter*
Trying the hellfire eh? That ought to be fun to see, heh.
*turns to Yiski*
Pour me something strong will ya mate?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 11:21:43 am
*An enormous bang can be heard from the distance. Shortly after, Zill stumbles though the door, his outfit stained with black tar and a touch of smoke coming from his mask*

Errreyth......ings.....alri.....

*Falls to the ground*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 04, 2013, 11:48:31 am
FUCK!

*I hop of my chair in a blur, and begin checking Zill with the skills of someone who has done this many times before. I check for breathing, wounds, breaks, signs of poison, concussion*

Get me some water!

*I roll up my jacket quickly and prop it under his head*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 11:57:52 am
*Strolls over to the water barrel, lifts it up and then scuffs back to Zill and Qwerty*

Take his mask off

*As Qwery removes Zill's mask I heave the barrel over him, only to come to a sudden realisation*

Wait a minute, Yiski doesn't have a water barrel
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 12:04:47 pm
*Yiski comes out from the back as he sees the other pouring a barrel over Zill's face*

Aw shit...

*Yiski heads into the back again and comes out with a glass. It's filled with a sky blue liquid and a funnel. Yiski is standing over Zill.*

Well despite you pouring a whole barrel of Hellfire over him, which you all will pay for, I've got something I made specifically for Zill under these exact conditions. Not the whole barrel of Hellfire over his face, the whole 'comin in looking like tar barrel.' You'd be surprised how often this happens.

*Yiski places the funnel in Zill's mouth and pours the liquid down*

There, he should be fine. Now help me get him over to the couch.

*With Zill firmly on the couch, Yiski turns to the others.*

Alright, whose paying for the barrel?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 04, 2013, 12:07:25 pm
*Places a hefty sack of coin on the counter, then goes and sits in a booth as far away from others as possible, shaken beyond what such an event should have caused*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 12:20:37 pm
*Zill opens his eyes slightly, only to succumb to a coughing fit. Once finished he tries to talk with, mild failure.*

Where.....tar......goldfish......docks....need......go.....

*He then tries to stand, with even more failure, as he falls back onto a table*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 12:32:44 pm
*Zill opens his eyes slightly, only to succumb to a coughing fit. Once finished he tries to talk with, mild failure.*

Where.....tar......goldfish......docks....need......go.....

*He then tries to stand, with even more failure, as he falls back onto a table*

*Yiski puts Zill back on the couch*

Stay... good Zill.

*Yiski goes into the back again and comes back with another glass of the sky blue liquid.*
*The sky blue liquid is aptly named Clear Skies, a special remedy for when Zill (or others, still mostly Zill) get intimately involved with tar barrels.*

Drink again. You'll be better.

*Yiski walks outside and hails a messenger*

Okay, here's four silver. Find Roland and ask him to watch the place. I'm gonna investigate what happened at the docks.

*Yiski looks up towards the docks and see it covered in a thick black smog. Yiski looks back to the group.*

Correction, I know what happened. Now I gotta figure out how much trouble Zill's in. I'll be back in a few.

*Yiski heads out*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 04, 2013, 12:49:50 pm
*Walks in glancing over his shoulder at the tar mushroom cloud*

"Zill, that tar finally kill you yet? you really shouldn't keep your incendiary rounds so close to each other.... Imagine what would happen if one of your rooks fired a round"

*Sees Yiski Leave*

"Man, I would really like some of that famous hellfire"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 01:12:03 pm
*Walks in glancing over his shoulder at the tar mushroom cloud*

"Zill, that tar finally kill you yet? you really shouldn't keep your incendiary rounds so close to each other.... Imagine what would happen if one of your rooks fired a round"

*Sees Yiski Leave*

"Man, I would really like some of that famous hellfire"

*Sips on his Clear Skies and mumbles a little. His senses are still not there*

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 04, 2013, 01:40:04 pm
*walks in coughing and wheezing and have a hint scent of tar on him*

*coughs* That must have been one of the worst accidents I've seen so far. One minute everything is calm and BOOM comes an explosion. That tar cloud even made it to my section of the docks, had to evacuate everyone in the area. People still wonder how it happen.

*sees Zill on the couch, Qwerty in a corner booth, as well asSpoon and Shink*

Looks like I walked into Hell. Anyone care to explain?

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 04, 2013, 01:42:30 pm
*Glances at BdrLineAzn*

"Ha well it looks like Zill is going to be out of commission for a bit due to a tar accident"

*Steps around the large puddle of hellfire, and notices Roland walking in*

"Roland! long time... you wouldn't happen to have any hellfire around here? I'm feeling lucky. Also, we may want to mop up that hellfire on the ground.... who knows what'll happen if it sits any longer"

*Puddle starts to sizzle*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 04, 2013, 01:54:05 pm
*looks at the puddle and backs away slowly*

Ahh how long was that there and was there any heat source near or on it? Cause remember the rules Yiski had about those Hellfires.

*quickly goes over the bar and ducks*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 02:00:55 pm
*looks at the puddle, then laughs a little*

Hah, funny story actually. Damn Roland, you need to convince Yiski to stash some water in here.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 02:04:05 pm
*Roland notices the puddle sizzling. Immediately remembering Yiski's training on the issue, Roland rushes behind the bar and finds a glass bottle  labeled 'IN CASE OF HELLFIRE'. Roland grabs the bottle*

FIRE IN THE HOLE!

*Roland tosses the bottle on the puddle. The bottle shatters and the puddle goes up into vapor.*
*Roland peeks over and breathes a sigh of relief*

Alright, everything is clear. Question: How did that puddle get there?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 02:45:00 pm
Well, you see... Zill here was in great need of some water, and... well... I might have mistaken that Hellfire barrel for water.

Anyways here's for the trouble, I can't let the new guy pay for everything can I

*Nods at Qwerty, then hands roland som gold*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 03:08:25 pm
*Zill tries to stand again with relative success. His vision was still blurry and communication was mixed.*

Gatling....must.....goldfish.....Yiski.....

*He manages to get to the Gatling gun and begins loading both the gun and his pockets with ammo.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 03:19:30 pm
Woah, take it eazy Zill, what are you trying to say?
*Grabs Zill*

Is something happening in the docks?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 03:22:42 pm
Well, you see... Zill here was in great need of some water, and... well... I might have mistaken that Hellfire barrel for water.

Anyways here's for the trouble, I can't let the new guy pay for everything can I

*Nods at Qwerty, then hands roland som gold*

Well, that explains Zill's current condition.

*Roland helps Sgt. Spoon to Zill help sit him down on the couch again.*

Hold it! You're still in no condition to be moving about and I cannot in good faith allow you to handle a gatling gun.

*Roland heads behind the bar again and finds bottles labeled Clear Skies and a sticker 'IN CASE OF TAR COVERED ZILL'. Roland hands another Clear Skies to Zill.*

Another should do the trick. Drink this and explain what's going on Zill.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 04, 2013, 03:27:03 pm
*looks over the counter and sees Zill loading the gatling*

Whoa Zill that much hardwire for a little accident. *looks around* and where is Yiski by the way if Roland is here? Besides Zill you are still disoriented, barely can speak a sentence, can you calm down a little and try to tell us what happen?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 03:41:39 pm
*Chugs the Clear Skies. In so doing, Zill gets a little better with his words as he gasps for a little air.*

Last night....Dockmaster taking bribes......didnt think much of it.......mixed new tar barrels....This morning....test tar went horribly wrong.....realized dock workers were the bribers.....bounty hunters....Yiski...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 04, 2013, 03:50:25 pm
*walks in*

What the hell have you gotten yourself into again, Zill? You look even worse than you did last time something like this happened.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 04, 2013, 04:02:44 pm
*Turns to Sunderland*

"Looks like we may have some trouble down on the docks with some bounty hunters"

*Chambers a round into his portable merc*

"I'm up for some fun... want help Zill?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 04, 2013, 04:04:59 pm
If we're off to deal with scum, I'm in.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 04:13:28 pm
hrmm, as Zill so elegantly stated: Yiski just went down there... crap
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 04:22:49 pm
*Picks up his Gatling in a roughly stable manner, and finishes loading it. Straps his mask to his now blackened outfit, and limps for the door. He peers over his shoulder in his haste out...*

Anyone willing......must get to docks......Bring your weapons
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 04:26:01 pm
*joins up*

Luckily I always have my rifle close by
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 04, 2013, 04:32:45 pm
*Falls in line with the rest*

"You never fail to impress Zill... just point me in the right direction, and I'll take em out"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 04, 2013, 04:53:09 pm
Hold on, I'm coming as well.

*goes out in the front, comes back in with a bolt-action rifle*

good thing I brought this out today
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 04:56:41 pm
*Zill, Shinkurex, Spoon, BdrLine, and Sunderland head out the door in a haste, leaving the rest to guard the Burning Skies from any would-be hunters. The remnants of the tar explosion still linger, and the docks appear abandoned.*

My vision is....still suffering from the tar....You guys will see them...before me...

*A new wave of emotion comes over Zill as they pass his Goldfish on their way in. The explosion took out all three engines, and the main engine support had seared off. Spoon spots the Dockmaster and they rush over. Zill picks him up by the collar and shakes him.*

Where did they take Yiski!.........Dont you for one second think......that I wont make you eat these Gatling rounds.

*The Dockmaster quickly replies*

They ambushed him as he came up. They chased him toward your warehouse. I swear thats all I know! *Weeping*

*Zill tosses him to the ground. The group races to Yiski's aid. Gun shots start to spray as the Bounty Hunters spot the group flanking their position. Yiski is inside Zill's warehouse with some loyal regulars who work on our ships at the docks.*

Into the fray! I'll be damned.....if I lose any friends today!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 04:58:04 pm
*As the rescue team made their way to the warehouse, multiple explosions can be heard from within. Mixed in were scream of terror and pain.*
*As the group moved up fearing the worse for Yiski, they saw groups of dock workers fleeing in terror, many of them were bloodied.*
*While standing in the main gate of the docks, the team could hear yelling from inside, it was Yiski*

YOU BLASTED HUNTERS THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME ON! I WASN'T CALLED THE CRIMSON BOLT FOR NOTHING!!!

*The team then heard more explosions.*
*A few seconds passed before Zill came to a few realizations: (1) The hwacha was in the warehouse. (2) Yiski still had a few experimental rounds in the warehouse. (3) Lots of guns were in the warehouse.*

*In short, angry Yiski + hwacha + experimental rounds + more guns = doom for those in his way.*

*The safest place to be currently was out of Yiski's line of sight.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 05:08:07 pm
*As Yiski's laying down some heavy fire himself, the team breaches a back door to the warehouse, flaking the mercs and opens fire*

*Yells over the blazing guns*
Nice to see you're still alive Yiski!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 04, 2013, 05:09:15 pm
*Goes high to get a vantage point, and Peers through his scope*

.....

*Promptly returns to the group*

"anyone know where Furry is? There are a couple of things I need to un-see"

*Runs to the edge of the dock, and pukes over the side*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 04, 2013, 05:15:53 pm
*As the fighting ensues BdrLine sees a hunter trying to get away*

Not on my watch

*takes aim and shoots him in the buttocks, injuring him, and he lays down on the floor holding his ass*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 05:17:07 pm
*As Yiski's laying down some heavy fire himself, the team breaches a back door to the warehouse, flaking the mercs and opens fire*

*Yells over the blazing guns*
Nice to see you're still alive Yiski!

*Yiski notices the rescue team and give a roaring laugh over the fire fight*

*The team notices Yiski has taken some hits. Thankfully, most seem to have just gone through Yiski's clothing. However, it was obvious a few rounds had struck Yiski on his left side of his chest and on his left leg. The blood was visible, but it did not seem to affect Yiski.*

*Yiski yells to the team*

HOW ABOUT WE CLEAN THIS UP? I GOT A SALOON TO RUN!

*Yiski fires a massive hwacha barrage on the bounty hunters position, obliterating their cover and them.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 04, 2013, 05:21:55 pm
*Pulls it together long enough to put down a couple runners*

"That should take care of them... Yiski I hope I can finally get some hellfire after this is over"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 05:24:23 pm
*As the remaining hunters scatter, the fight turns into somewhat of a cat 'n mouse chase between the many crates and piles of litter in Zill's warehouse. Soon however, the dust rises and there's a clear victorious side*

That ought to show them bastards!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 04, 2013, 05:25:52 pm
*goes up to the one he shot, still holding his ass*

What about this one?

*rifle barrel over his head*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 05:29:42 pm
*As Yiski surveys the warehouse and the dock to see no sign of the bounty hunters, he hops down from the hwacha.*

*goes up to the one he shot, still holding his ass*

What about this one?

*rifle barrel over his head*

Keep him alive, I want to know what's goin' on.

*As he walks towards his friends, Yiski notices his vision is blurring and stumbling a bit.*

*Unfortunately, the hits Yiski took caused more bleeding than he initially thought.*
*Yiski subsequently collapses from a loss of blood.*
*On the ground, Yiski thinks to himself.*

Almost
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 05:35:56 pm
*Spots Yiski collapsing and runs over to him*

Oi! Someone get their ass over here, we got a man down! Anyone else hurt for that matter?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 04, 2013, 05:38:36 pm
Isn't Qwerty a doctor? If someone can run back and get him, he can check over Yiski.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 04, 2013, 05:41:01 pm
"Got it!"

*Sprints in the direction of the saloon*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 06:05:28 pm
*Zill finishes mowing down a few stragglers. His incendiary rounds lit them aflame as the tar was still on their clothes.*
*Upon emptying his clip, he stumbles over in a coughing fit. The tar has done some work on his lungs in all the haste. His breathing is heavy.*
*He gathers himself and limps back to the remaining group. He sees Yiski on the ground with blood on him.*

Oh no you dont....

*Zill takes a flask out of his charred coat and pours it down Yiski's throat*

I didnt run all....the way over here....to watch you die....Its only....a flesh wound old friend.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 04, 2013, 06:25:56 pm
*Watching the very... dramatic moment play out, a sudden pulley falls down, knocking Spoon unconscious.*

((OOC: I didn't mean to fall unconscious as well, but I have to leave my computer now, and so I just had to come up with a good excuse for not being active.))
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 06:50:03 pm
*Seeing Spoon's newly unconcious state, Zill turns to BdrLine*

Carry him back to...the saloon...Yiski has a remedy for his state....Roland will know where its at.....Its usually handy when....Furry is drinking. I'll handle Yiski and our...."friend"

*He gets up and kicks the bounty hunter in the head, knocking him out cold.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 07:58:49 pm
*Zill finishes mowing down a few stragglers. His incendiary rounds lit them aflame as the tar was still on their clothes.*
*Upon emptying his clip, he stumbles over in a coughing fit. The tar has done some work on his lungs in all the haste. His breathing is heavy.*
*He gathers himself and limps back to the remaining group. He sees Yiski on the ground with blood on him.*

Oh no you dont....

*Zill takes a flask out of his charred coat and pours it down Yiski's throat*

I didnt run all....the way over here....to watch you die....Its only....a flesh wound old friend.

*Yiski coughs up the liquid and weakly yells at Zill*

Dammit... I thought... you'd.... stop dri... drinkin' that shit.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 08:18:54 pm
*Yiski coughs up the liquid and weakly yells at Zill*

Dammit... I thought... you'd.... stop dri... drinkin' that shit.

*Coughs up blood in his hand, yet manages a laugh*

Yea I suppose Im.....forced to come clean.....We're all....ticking bombs here.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 04, 2013, 08:20:33 pm
*moves away from the unconscious hunter towards Spoon*

On it Zill. Bet I can grab a drink as well after all this.

*picks up Spoon's body and throws him over his shoulder and starts walking back to the saloon*

*while later, BdrLine nearing the Saloon, some visible strain can be seen*

*In BdrLine's thoughts*

Damn Spoon I think you need to lay off the alcohol. If it wasn't that I know you, I would have drop you off in front of the Doctor's.

*Enter the Burning Skies Saloon*

*Drops Spoon's limp body on the couch, to Roland*

Hey Roland, Spoon here didn't see where he was and got hit by a loose pulley knockin him out. Zill says you got something that usually works when Furry is drinking.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 09:17:17 pm
*Enter the Burning Skies Saloon*

*Drops Spoon's limp body on the couch, to Roland*

Hey Roland, Spoon here didn't see where he was and got hit by a loose pulley knockin him out. Zill says you got something that usually works when Furry is drinking.

*Roland sees Spoon K.O.d*

Yeah, I know just what you're talking about.

*Roland head to the back room and fetches a bottle labeled 'When Furry is drunk'.*
*Roland grabs the funnel and pours it down Spoon's mouth*

Well, he should be fine, but he'll be out for the rest of the day.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 04, 2013, 09:34:16 pm
*Out of character*

I see that the Community Ambassadors are seeming like major targets in particular. First Zill, then Spoon. Who's next? Qwerty?

*End out of character*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 04, 2013, 10:27:33 pm
*Realizing that time is running out for Yiski, Zill make a decision.*

I know youre.....not going to like this....but Qwerty is taking too long...and youll bleed out.

*In the corner of the old warehouse was a Squid. Zill had been tinkering with the engines and only two were operational. Realizing Oliver was Yiski's last shot at life after tonight, he fired it up. Tar from the explosion made the engines difficult to keep up.*

Sunderland....get our "friend" aboard.....Ill get Yiski.

*With everyone on, Zill flew out of the warehouse and on toward Oliver's. Sunderland just barely keeps the engines alive long enough to get there. Landing in the middle of the town, Zill limps into Oliver's. Yiski is quickly taken in. The Squid's engines die out, leaving it stranded in the middle of town. It doesnt matter to Zill, so long as Yiski survives the night.*

*One heavy blood filled cough later, he downs the rest of his flasks, and passes out on his Squid's deck.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 04, 2013, 10:48:14 pm
--NARRATOR--

Oliver both worked and resided from his home is the Garden District in Anvala (The district obviously getting its name for the large open gardens scattered around the area). It was late, but he was reviewing over some of his files.

Suddenly a loud roaring could be heard just outside his house. This startled him and prompted him to look outside and what he saw what he and the others in the district could only describe with one word: madness.

Zill had taken his squid just for the purpose of landing it in the middle of the garden outside Oliver's house. The landing instantly crushing the beautiful landscape job which had just been completed not 1 hour ago.

After landing, Zill lifted Yiski of the ship and made a dash for Oliver's home. Oliver was shocked and about to ask what was going on, but taking a look at Yiski, he knew the answer would have to wait. He needed to save Yiski first. Sund and the 'friend' followed in at their own leisure.

Oliver was shocked to realize Yiski was still alive despite his wounds and apparent blood loss. Fortunately, for Yiski, Oliver knew his blood type (Yiski needed some blood after his first time debt collecting) and grabbed the required blood type. Oliver then hooked up the blood pack to Yiski and began emergency surgery.

Hours passed by while Zill and Sund were waiting guarding the 'friend' who has since regained consciousnesses (only to immediately lose it again to Zill). Finally, Oliver came out, covered in blood. Zill and Sund feared the worse.

Oliver immediately put those fears to rest. "No worries gentlemen, Yiski is alive and stable. His injuries weren't as serious, contrary to the first glance. It was only his blood loss which was the real threat. He's asleep now, but knowing him and his reputation, he'll probably be awake by tomorrow."

Zill and Sund gave a sigh of much needed relief. It had been hell for the past few hours.

With the threat of Yiski's death averted, the next question was why Yiski was targeted by the bounty hunters. It was no surprise over the years, when Yiski was known as Crimson Bolt, he made some (many) enemies. The only answer lied in the bound and unconscious bounty hunter they captured. And he was out for a good while, probably until the morning as well.

Zill stayed behind to watch their new 'friend' and trusted Sund to get his squid back into the dock.

When Sund landed back in the docks, he made his way back to saloon where everybody else was waiting to hear what was Yiski's fate. They all gave a sigh of relief to hear the worst had come to past.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 22--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 05, 2013, 12:37:54 pm
--START OF DAY 23--

--NARRATOR--

The next day was anything from pleasant. After the events of yesterday, all the patrons of the saloon were on edge and uneasy. Roland assumed barkeep duties again and trying his best to relieve the tension mounting, sadly to no avail.

Over at Oliver's house, Yiski manage slipped in and out of consciousness and Oliver carefully noting Yiski's recovery. Meanwhile, Zill had taken over Oliver's basement to use as a makeshift interrogation room for the new 'friend' the rescue team made the other day.

--NARRATOR END--

--OOC--
Please state at the top of each post whether you're in the saloon or at Oliver's house. It should be obvious who is where, but for he sake of cleanliness.
--OOC END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 05, 2013, 01:38:09 pm
--Saloon--

*Wakes up with a start*

"qwerty!"

*looks around at his surroundings, and remembers where he is... All he remembers is heading out to the docks, and then a strong urge to run for qwerty*

"Dang... I was hoping Furry would knock me out after I got to qwerty..."

*Sees Roland wiping down the bar*

"Roland! what has happened while I was out?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 05, 2013, 01:53:00 pm
--Saloon--

*Roland looks to Shink*

From what Sund told us last night, Zill, Yiski, and the captured bounty hunter are over at Doctor Oliver's place. Doctor says Yiski's fine, but I'm more worried about what's going to happen to the bounty hunter.

Anyways, do you need a drink Shink?

*Roland thinks to himself. Roland was one of the few people (Zill being another) who know what Yiski did after his time with the Baronies' Military and before the saloon.*

I'm not sure how many people alive realize Yiski was the Crimson Bolt. If this is what yesterday was about, I don't see this ending well... ... for those after Yiski.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 05, 2013, 01:57:20 pm
*thinks for a bit*

"No thanks Roland. I'm going to head over to Oliver's."

*Heads out the door and takes a left... thinks about it for a minute, and then turns around and goes right. Muttering under his breath*

"Furry.....hammer....."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 05, 2013, 02:16:03 pm
+ooc+
I am at Oliver's of course.
+end ooc+


*Zill puts the new "friend" in the middle of the basement floor on a lone chair. A barrel of tar delivered early in the morning in preparation sits in the corner. A pot filled with some sits on the old boiler in Oliver's basement, boiling. Zill has done interrogations before, but none quite so personal. He told Oliver to stay out, and let no one in.

Zill knew he had to keep him alive just long enough to get the information he needed. He made Oliver leave the "friend's" wounds unattended. Blood dripped slowly onto the ground beneath the chair. This was not going to end pretty. He slaps the man in the face to get things going. With Zill unmasked, the sight startles the man.*

Whoa! Where am I?!? Whats going on and whats that smell?!

*Zill gives him a good punch in the gut for good measure.*

You ask nothin' in this room. I am your nightmare for today. You answer me. What is your name?

*The "friend" looks around, squirming in the chair. He sees the tar and immediately answers.*

M...my name is...Skinner.

*Zill paces in front of Skinner.*

We already know you are a Head Hunter. Tell me why you came yesterday.

*Skinner slowly replies.*

W...well, we were here to collect a bounty on Y...Yiski. Take him alive and deliver. The reward would put us in retirement. Realizing you were here as well, we knew that would only double our profit by killing you.

*Zill stands over Skinner*

Who placed the bounty on Yiski?

*Skinner stutters.*

I..I dont kn...know.

*Zill immediately heads for the boiling pot, picks it up, and dumps it on Skinner's lap. The resulting scream could wake a man in a coma. Zill refills the pot and places it back on the boiler without hesitation. He then stands in front of Skinner, who is smoking from the hot tar.*

Who placed the bounty on Yiski?

*Skinner, weeping at this point from the searing pain, tries to respond.*

I..I...They...They are from up.....North....I....think. The writing looked...very clear.

*Zill realizes it must be from The Baronies. The scientists would love to get their hands on Yiski's experiments. It also explained why the Hunters didnt just storm the warehouse with numbers. They needed him alive for the secrets.*

Give me a name.

*Skinner looks around*

The pap...er..had no.....

*Zill then dumps a second pot over Skinner's shoulders. The scream would make any man quiver. Zill's resolve remained the same. The end was close. Skinner mutters something....*

The del...ivery point......Snowpeak.

*That was good enough for Zill. He lifts Skinner, still bound to the chair, and dumps him head first into the tar barrel. The cries fell on deaf ears, as skinner quickly drowns in the tar. Zill opens the door and locks it behind him. He turns around to see Oliver staring at him.*

You heard nothing. You saw nothing. My men will clean the basement. The barrel will go to Snowpeak. *Casting a glace at Yiski in the next room* He wont need to worry anymore for awhile. *Oliver only nods.*

*Zill goes past Oliver and sits in the corner next to Yiski. The tar on his coat burns, but it will never scar as much as the past days.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 05, 2013, 02:45:45 pm
--Street Outside Oliver's house--

*Hears a bone chilling scream, and double-times it to Oliver's front door... pounding on the door*

"Yiski! Zill!"

*Breaks down the door, and surveys the seen before him. Zill is discussing something with Oliver over by the door to the basement*

"what's going on here? Yiski OK?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 05, 2013, 02:47:06 pm
Saloon

*BdrLineAzn walks in with his rifle slinger over his shoulder*

*Walks up to Roland*

*heavy sigh* I just came from the docks to look at the damage from yesterday's encounter. *takes a seat* Looks like none of the other dock workers were killed, frighten with minor injuries but not dead. A few airships have taken damage, Zill's having the most. Also besides Yiski, the other casualties were of the Hunters, at least 13 dead excluding the one we found.

*lays his head on the bar*

You think you can make one of them Frost Fire Ale? Kinda need it

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 05, 2013, 03:00:50 pm
--Street Outside Oliver's house--

*Hears a bone chilling scream, and double-times it to Oliver's front door... pounding on the door*

"Yiski! Zill!"

*Breaks down the door, and surveys the seen before him. Zill is discussing something with Oliver over by the door to the basement*

"what's going on here? Yiski OK?"

*Addresses Shinkurex from his chair, head still down.*

Dont worry about it. Yiski is goin' to be fine. He's still recovering. Id be more worried about paying to fix Oliver's door if I were you.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 05, 2013, 03:14:49 pm
--Saloon--

*BdrLineAzn walks in with his rifle slinger over his shoulder*

*Walks up to Roland*

*heavy sigh* I just came from the docks to look at the damage from yesterday's encounter. *takes a seat* Looks like none of the other dock workers were killed, frighten with minor injuries but not dead. A few airships have taken damage, Zill's having the most. Also besides Yiski, the other casualties were of the Hunters, at least 13 dead excluding the one we found.

*lays his head on the bar*

You think you can make one of them Frost Fire Ale? Kinda need it

*Upon hearing the number of hunters after Yiski, Roland was suprised*

Whom ever is after Yiski really want him. I know Yiski trusts BdrLine. Maybe he can help.
Give me a minute and I'll get you a mug.

*Roland hands BdrLine a Frost Fire Ale and makes an inquiry.*

BdrLine, I know you've got some informant contacts, but you wouldn't have any within the Merchant's Guild would you?


--Meanwhile at Oliver's House--

*Yiski opens his eyes in a clear sign of consciousness. He looks around and tries to figure out where he's at. When he finally sees a few pictures of Oliver across the bed, Yiski realizes he's in Oliver's house.*

Man, I haven't been here since by first deadbeat collection run. Heh... good times... except when I got shot...

*Yiski attempted to shift his weight to get up, but the pain is still a bit much for him to bear and discontinues the effort. Next best thing: Yell.*

ZILL IF YOU'RE HERE, WE NEED TO TALK!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 05, 2013, 03:18:08 pm
--Oliver's--

*Looks back, and realizes what he did*

"Sorry Oliver. I will make sure that is replaced"

*Carefully places the door on its hinges*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 05, 2013, 03:22:20 pm
--Oliver's--

*Yiski's sudden yell surprises everyone. Shinkurex knocks over a plant, yet another thing to replace...Zill boots the two out of the room, locks the door, and turns to Yiski.*

Im here, quit your yellin'. Shinkurex damn near tarred himself.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 05, 2013, 03:31:05 pm
--Oliver's--

*Yiski speaking moderately*

Heh... so you were here. Good.

*Yiski groans a bit*

First things first, what in the blazing skies happened yesterday? All I can remember was blacking out after wiping the floor with those bounty hunters.

*Zill proceeds to recap the events up to the current point.*
*Yiski is glad to hear the last bounty hunter went out the way he did.*

Bounty out on us, is it? Shit. Kinda figured it'd catch up with us eventually. I guess the Guild is still sore. Anyways, what's the plan? Think we should involve the others in our fucked up mess?

*Yiski shifts around again, attempting to get up*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 05, 2013, 03:46:41 pm
*Scratches his head, taking heavy breaths.*

We dont need them havin' bounties too.

That barrel delivery will make 'em think, but it wont last forever. If you think The Guild is a part of this, they must be the real puppet masters here. Bounty came out of the Baronies, but it could of been a ruse.

*Makes Yiski stop moving.*

You best enjoy that bed while you have one. You're still beat up. Even the Crimson Bolt needs to know when to recoup. Youre not in any shape to go shooting Hwachas. Plan for now is to get you fixed up.

*Zill coughs and blood hits Yiski's sheets.*

At least my tar works...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 05, 2013, 03:57:20 pm
--Oliver's--

*Bursts into Yiski's room Shattering one of Oliver's pictures in the process*

"If you think you can keep me out of this, then you are more injured than I thought."

*Oliver Taps Shink on the shoulder*

"Yeah Oliver, I know... I'll replace that too... Stop buying things that are so easily broken"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 05, 2013, 04:18:22 pm
--Oliver's House--

*walks in through broken door*

Jeez, Oliver. That door has seen better days. I'll fix it up for you before I head out.

*runs into the room*

Holy shit. Is Yiski going to be fine? And our... Ah, I see. I hope you had a chat with him first.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 05, 2013, 04:25:23 pm
*Oliver breaks his normal silence*

No wonder Yiski's place looks like it does.....You guys cant control your clumsiness to save any of my house! Now quit crowding poor Yiski and FIX MY DOOR!

*Zill looks at Shinkurex*

Im probably more injured then Id ever admit. Despite that, the last thing we need is more bounties. I dont have time to protect all you gasbags, nor the manpower.

*Turns to Sunderland, coughing more before speaking.*

I take it the warehouse is locked?

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 05, 2013, 04:34:14 pm
*Grumbling*

"Fine... I'll be outside if you need me"

*leaves the room to fix the door. Kicks the wall as he leaves, and a window shatters*

"Seriously!?! Oliver who made this house?

*Notices Sunderland*

"you fix the door, and I'll go get a new window to put in"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 05, 2013, 04:35:08 pm
--Saloon--

*Takes a sip of the Ale and ponders a bit*

Yeah I still have a few friends back in the Guild. Wait the Merchant's or the Mercantile? If it's the Mercantile, I can wire my friend Zankif, he owns a dock in Vychtorg.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 05, 2013, 04:41:54 pm
--Oliver's--

*Zill coughs and blood hits Yiski's sheets.*

At least my tar works...

*Yiski grins. It'd still hurt a bit if he laughed.*

I told ya your tar was gonna be the end of you. Also, it has the be the damn Guild behind all this. As much as we don't wanna involve the others, we at least gotta involve BdrLine. I know his contacts should be of use. I know information gathering and subterfuge were always his strengths.

*Yiski looks out the door and notices everything is Oliver's house is falling apart. Yiski groans and facepalms*


--Saloon--

*Roland*
Yeah, it's the Mercantile. Sorry, old habits as the saying goes. If you can contact your friend, I need to know how much they know about the Crimson Bolt.

*Roland whispering to BdrLine*
And, please do not mention this to anybody. Aside from Yiski giving me hell for this later, I would hate for this to escalate any further.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 05, 2013, 04:52:22 pm
--Saloon--

*downs the rest of the Ale*

*whispers back*

Sure thing, it's gonna take a few hours but I can check

*stands and places a few coins for the drink and heads out towards his docks*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 05, 2013, 05:02:51 pm
--Oliver's--

Yeah, the warehourse is locked. No need to worry about that.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 05, 2013, 05:37:01 pm
--Oliver's--

*Shink walks up with a new window and gets to work replacing it*

"I made sure to grab the extra-strength version. You should really consider moving... who knows when this place will fall apart"

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 05, 2013, 05:49:32 pm
*Zill sits back in the chair next to Yiski's bed*

Using BdrLine's contacts is a little different. At least they can stay hidden. Poor Shinkurex couldnt stay quiet even if he had his own friggen gasbag around 'em.

*Pulls out another flask and takes a swig. Shortly after, a few of Zill's men come up. He gives them their orders for the barrel and basement and they see to it.*

I wish I could see the look on their faces when that barrel opens up.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 05, 2013, 05:57:19 pm
--Oliver's House--

Heh... I wish I could too.

*Despite the lingering pain, Yiski feels he's been lying down for long enough. Yiski did always have a disdain for lying around for longer than he felt necessary. Yiski shifts his weight in the hopes to get up. Luckily, the third times a charm and Yiski sits up, turns, and places his feet on the floor.*

*Yiski grabs his left shoulder and rotates it.*

Damn, still feels a little stiff, but I'll manage. Zill, help me up, we're heading back to the saloon. The sooner we deal with this, the better.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 05, 2013, 06:05:30 pm
--Oliver's House--

Heh... I wish I could too.

*Despite the lingering pain, Yiski feels he's been lying down for long enough. Yiski did always have a disdain for lying around for longer than he felt necessary. Yiski shifts his weight in the hopes to get up. Luckily, the third times a charm and Yiski sits up, turns, and places his feet on the floor.*

*Yiski grabs his left shoulder and rotates it.*

Damn, still feels a little stiff, but I'll manage. Zill, help me up, we're heading back to the saloon. The sooner we deal with this, the better.

*Zill helps him straighten out.*

You stubborn mule. Youre goin' to make me carry your broken self all the way to the Saloon arent yea? Hope you dont mind some tar on yea then.

*Zill brushes past Oliver on their way out.*

Put Yiski on my tab. The basement will be like new. Youre on your own with Shink and Sunder though.

*The two men make their way out of Oliver's and toward the Burning Skies. Zill smirks then coughs after seeing what he did to the garden outside, nearly dropping Yiski. They manage to limp down.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 05, 2013, 07:49:10 pm
--Saloon--

*It takes Zill and Yiski an hour to get from Oliver's house to the saloon. The long time could be attributed to Yiski's difficulty in walking and Zill still shaking off the effects of the tar.*

*It is early in the evening when the two get through the front door. Roland spots them immediately and quickly helps Zill settle Yiski down on the couch. Yiski gives a small grunt as he sits. Roland wants to ask about how Yiski is holding up, but is preempted.*

Roland. You know where BdrLine is? I gotta ask him a favor.

"He's out right now. He should be back any minute."

*Yiski looks into Roland's face and realize his face is clearly telling Yiski that Roland had already requested BdrLine's asisstance.*

I see, so you've already getting it taken care of... good. You we're always the type to think ahead. Probably why I like ya so much. Now, kindly grab me a mug of No.2. I'm feelin' as dry as Scrap at high noon in the middle of summer.

"Yiski, I highly advise against drinking anything right now."

Bah... if 14 bounty hunters can't kill me, then a little alcohol isn't.

*As much as Roland wanted to continue to protest, he knew better. Roland went back and got Yiski a glass of No.2 and Zill a mug of No.3.*

*Yiski takes a large gulp and feels immediately refreshed.*

Ah the skies, I love my saloon!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 05, 2013, 08:14:11 pm
*After the long walk, Zill is constantly catching his breath. Regardless, he takes a long swig of his No.3 and sprawls out in a chair.*

By the Skies, Roland this drink tastes 10 times better than it normally does. I was dryer than Sky's jokes.

*He sits in his chair, his gaze goes blank. Suddenly he bolts for the door, and in the street starts puking tar. Just the gut wrenching sound was enough to make anyone gag. After his ordeal he comes back in and plops in a chair.*

I hate bounties...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 05, 2013, 09:13:18 pm
*having fixed Oliver's window and door, shink makes his way back to the saloon*

"Man his house is like it's made out of glass... I could use some ale if you got it...."

*Sees Yiski and Zill sitting*

"Glad to see you guys made it here alive... You were stumbling pretty bad when you left Oliver's"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 05, 2013, 09:35:32 pm
*Takes a swig of his No.3 and turns to Shinkurex*

We may be battered, but certainly not dead. *Coughs* Cant say the same for our "friends."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 05, 2013, 09:42:02 pm
*Roland Hand Shink his ale*

"That's for sure... I can only imagine what was in that barrel..."

*Takes a drink of the ale*

"So does anyone want to explain to me why we had to fight our way through an army of bounty hunters?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 05, 2013, 09:43:07 pm
Seems like they're looking for Yiski. Not a good sign.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 05, 2013, 10:19:20 pm
Ya'll have nothing to worry about. As soon as BdrLine gets back, this'll all be behind us. Speaking of which, shouldn't he been back by now? Roland, how long's it been since BdrLine's been gone?

*Roland turns to Yiski*

"It's at least been two hours now. Then again, communications have been spotty lately."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 05, 2013, 10:25:13 pm
*a while later after finishingtalks with Zankif, BdrLine walks into the saloon and spots the group*

There you guys are, finally got some information. Apparently our old Crimson Bolt here used to run gun with the Baron Militaries and that they had a confict before with the Guild many anummns ago. He was a feared gunner that he personally shot down over 50 airships in less then a month. After the conflict, some old Guild members that survived wanted to get the man who killed their brethern. But here's the catch, a same group of Baron fighters wanted him dead as well. Saying how could some outsider get all the fame and glory from this, hurting some of ther pride. Las bit of information was that small group of Guild members just left port two days ago headin somewhere up north. Snowpike, Snowbluff ... I don't know only that its has snow in it and that they are meeting the Barons.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 05, 2013, 10:37:15 pm
"Geez Yiski... You certainly know how to host a party"

*chugs down his Ale*

"That makes me wonder who would win You or Zill?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 05, 2013, 10:43:16 pm
*His head down, he comments to BdrLine*

I still think they want his experimental rounds too. I know im blessed to have em. And if they are headed to Snowpeak, I sent them a care-package. I dont think we will be hearing from 'em so soon.

*Looks up to Shinkurex*

Now you know why we're friends and not enemies. Into the Fray old friend.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 05, 2013, 10:52:41 pm
I think thats how they know Yiski is still alive. After you placed that order and heard rumors of what happen to you guys down south they wanted to finish what they have started.

Also i bet your right about that, knowing the Barons, technology is like currency to them
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 05, 2013, 11:03:19 pm
*Looks over to BdrLine*

Huh, Roland did say I should've used an alias... meh... what's that they say about hindsight?

Also, it's Crimson Bolt.

Plus I don't think they'll do this again anytime soon. First, now that they know I know they're after me, they really can't do shit. They tried pulling something similar maybe 5-6 years back and it ended with them losing a couple of ships and a lot of men. Second, Zill's care package should deter any near future endeavors. Finally... give me a second.

*Yiski heads upstairs which only a handful of patrons have ever witnessed. Usually, when Yiski goes upstairs, he's serious, when he's serious, he's angry, and when he's angry, well, I believe this equation was already done before.*

*Minutes pass by until Yiski comes back down. With him a decently sized gun*

Ah, this here is why I was called the Crimson Bolt.

*Yiski sets the medium blood crimson gun down. Aside from Zill, Sund, BdrLine, Skyraider, and Roland nobody else knew what the gun was.*

This here is my modified recoilless rifle, the Blood Bolt. The only thing similar to a normal recoilless rifle is the general shape, everything is my own personal touch. I can shoot and reload it myself thanks to the clip mod, and I've made modified rounds which shoot multiple projectiles or set it as a single large explosive. One hit from this has torn a goldfish in half. If those bastard want me, they can come here and get their asses blasted sky high.

If they want me or my tech, they better bring a fuckin' army.

*Yiski picks up Blood Bolt and mounts it on the wall behind the bar.*

--NARRATOR--

The whole saloon was in awe. Many heard rumors about Yiski's past, but with BdrLine's report and Yiski's Blood Bolt, there was no question about how dangerous Yiski was. Yiski had fought in wars and battles before and did not want to get involved with those again. Luckily, he had good friends and allies backing him up.

And the fact the docks were damaged enough to restrict incoming traffic to medium trade ships for the next few weeks helped as well.

Eventually, all bounty hunters will soon learn to avoid and fear Anvala. They wished to awaken the Crimson Bolt and his allies. They got it. And soon will regret it.

But right now, the only thing on everybody's mind is getting something good to drink for the rest of the evening.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 23--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 08:44:08 am
--START OF DAY 24--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski, still not back to a 100%, has Roland help with the daily upkeep of the tavern. Not surprisingly, Yiski thinks up a few good reasons why the Guild would still be after him. Even after leaving Baron Militaries to join Zill, the two still harassed Guild ships. What struck Yiski as odd was why a group of Baron fighters help the Guild.

Yiski shook his head. Now's not the time to be thinking this. BdrLine said he had something up his sleeve.

Roland on the other hand still worried about Yiski. He did not know much of the conflict between the Guild and the Baronies because of his age. Roland's father, Micheal, and Yiski crewed together during their Baron Militaries years. Roland heard a lot about Yiski from his father and said if anything happened to him, go to Yiski.

Consequently, something did happen to Micheal.

Together, the two worked in silence to get the saloon ready.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 06, 2013, 08:57:10 am
*Qwerty leans on the wall of the saloon, waiting for the door to be opened. He has his plague doctors mask on and is writing in what looks to be a journal. He is writing quickly in a shorthand code and looks up at anyone that gets too close*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 09:07:27 am
*Walks down the road to the saloon, and notices qwerty standing there. Shink decides to leave him be, as he looks like he is deep in concentration*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 09:24:42 am
*Yiski sees Shink walk in*

You're here early, then again with the dock in the mess it is I guess it'd be hard to anywhere else but here. Roland! Take Shink's order, I'm gonna grab some air.

*Yiski walks outside and is surprised to see Qwerty on the wall, writing something*

Eh... what's up doc?


Childhood points for those getting the line.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 06, 2013, 09:31:08 am
*Qwerty jumps slightly and snaps the book shut, close inspection will see a small punching blade in his right hand. Upon seeing Yiski this blade quickly disappears*

Simply making observations Yiski, I heard about the events yesterday, are you well? If there is any need for it you have my aid.

Also, is the bar open? I could use a drink

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 09:33:16 am
Quote
*Yiski sees Shink walk in*

You're here early, then again with the dock in the mess it is I guess it'd be hard to anywhere else but here. Roland! Take Shink's order, I'm gonna grab some air.

*Yiski walks outside and is surprised to see Qwerty on the wall, writing something*

Eh... what's up doc?

*Nods to Yiski*

"Not a lot of work here lately"

*Turns to Roland*

"Some Frost Fire Ale would be nice Roland. Also, you wouldn't happen to know if Oliver is looking for a roommate? Rent on my apartment went up again... not sure why"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 09:38:26 am
*Turns to Roland*

"Some Frost Fire Ale would be nice Roland. Also, you wouldn't happen to know if Oliver is looking for a roommate? Rent on my apartment went up again... not sure why"

*Roland*

Sure, I'll be a second... ... here you go. Also, after what I heard you did to Oliver's place, I highly doubt he'd be enthusiastic to accept you.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 10:36:54 am
*Zill limps past the Saloon, nodding to Yiski and Qwerty. No words are said. His mask was back on, blackened by the explosion much like his uniform. He didnt sleep last night. The thoughts of the past events were like a splinter in his mind, as well as lungs. He made his way to the docks.

The outer fencing was mostly intact, but beyond that was carnage enlightened by the sunrise. A black stain reaching out from his docks seemed to touch everything. His Then It Caught Fire had seen better days. The three engines were exploded, and the main engine support had completely sheared off. Still, nothing time wouldnt fix, and experimentation wouldnt improve.

Zill's Goldfish was legendary. His skill was always best at the helm, and that boat was like a extention of his prowess. With its modified gun mounts, able to swap guns in hours instead of days, its armament was limitless. To watch it enter the Fray was like poetry. Anything from Squids to Galleons fell before its massive guns, only dwarfed in size by its majestic fins. Crew was never in short supply. Early on, the target was mostly raiders. A few opportune strikes got Zill some attention, especially from The Guild. Realizing this, He joined with Anvala, and the Council, for better or worse. He never asked to be Admiral, but his skill in piloting and leading a fleet was second to none. After Yiski joined his crew, the duo was nigh unstoppable. Lately the highly stagnant Council has been sending Zill on suicide missions. As the years go by, he expects nothing less anymore. He knows the job will still get done, on his own time, and never the way the Council wants it.

A small crowd of men stand at Zill's back. Loyal dockworkers from the warehouse fight had slowly followed him in. His natural draw leading people to accomplish what was once thought impossible was a staple of his persona. He says a few words, and orders the dock rebuilt.*

By the Skies we fly this day. Off into the Sunset to give chase. May the Winds stay at our back. Our Dusty Mistress be appeased. Our Mugs ever full. Onwards ye' Dogs, Into the Fray.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 10:58:46 am
*Takes the ale and takes a deep drink*

"Thanks Roland"

*Sits, and ponders the last days events while nursing the rest of his drink*

I wonder what's going to happen now... never a dull moment in this place
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 06, 2013, 11:00:42 am
*Qwerty follows the Admiral, and listens to his from within the crowd. As it finishes he steps forwards and speaks up, voice suprisingly strong through his plague doctor's mask*

Is that wise Admiral? Your enemies are plentiful and you are one ship. In understand your anger, however preperation and planing will beat hasty action, and time is now a commodity we are rich in. Your 'giving chase' will result in death, that you can be sure off. Anvala, hell this whole world, can't stand to loose one of the last few good men. Yiski will hit the roof if he finds you've left.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 11:28:53 am
*Qwerty follows the Admiral, and listens to his from within the crowd. As it finishes he steps forwards and speaks up, voice suprisingly strong through his plague doctor's mask*

Is that wise Admiral? Your enemies are plentiful and you are one ship. In understand your anger, however preperation and planing will beat hasty action, and time is now a commodity we are rich in. Your 'giving chase' will result in death, that you can be sure off. Anvala, hell this whole world, can't stand to loose one of the last few good men. Yiski will hit the roof if he finds you've left.

*Zill grins, though the mask hides it.*

Never fear Qwerty. It is but an old prayer from my folks. It is completely up to you *pointing at the crowd* to determine its meaning. What better thing is there but flight? We may have all the time in the world, but our chase never stops to achieve what we must. May luck bless us with its swift acceptance and allow us to get this dock back on its legs. The sacrifices we've endured after past events would hopefully appease our fates. May we remain vigil and happy, with a full mug, despite dark times. And to the task at hand, Into the Fray.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 06, 2013, 11:36:13 am
*Qwerty cocks his head to the side, considering Zill for a moment. He then takes out his journal, writes something, and then closes it again.*

You certainly are interesting Admiral, this whole place is quiet..... intriguing.

*Qwerty goes and sits nearby, watching the workers on the docks, and paying attention to Zill's action. He writes the entire time*
 
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 11:42:18 am
*BdrLine opens the door and pushes in a cart with two large bags, some jingles can be heard from the inside*

Hey Roland, have you seen Yiski? Looks like I got some good news after what we went through. When I came back to my dock section, I called in to some of my contacts with the Baron Militaries. Told them what happened here, and now  they are assembling ships with some of old Yiski's crewmates back from the conflict and heading up to Snowpeak. Once that Guild ship from the south gets up there, all hell will break loose to the ones who caused this.

Also some other good news *points to the cart* the reward money from Yesha finally arrived. They expressed, train squid it. With the docks out of commission for a while, I had to fly out in my junker and had it transferred in midair. Right now I have Zill's and Yiski's payment, the rest is in a safe at my warehouse locked up even Sunderland can't get it to open.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 11:46:43 am
*Zill only nods to Qwerty, takes a flask out of his coat and takes a swig. He turns to the daunting task of rebuilding his beloved Goldfish.*

*Points* You four, come with me. We got some fixin' to do. The rest on to your normal duties. This tar filled hole can still support small trade ships.

*The work begins.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 11:48:53 am
*After getting enough 'fresh air,' Yiski sees Zill heading out and gives him a nod, and heads inside and sees BdrLine.*

Is that so? Heh, that'll teach the bastards to screw with us.

*Yiski eyes the payment BdrLine has on him*

Damn! That's a whole lotta of gold. Now I can probably upgrade the saloon a bit. Get myself a new experimental still.

*A mischievous grin can be seen across Yiski's face. Yiski with a new still can only mean new drinks. Whether if it end badly or not, only time... and the poor guinea pigs willing to try it... will tell.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 11:56:08 am
*to Yiski*

Yup 10,000 pieces of gold each for all of us just for stopping Birdman. Now how about a drink to celebrate.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 12:00:51 pm
*to Yiski*

Yup 10,000 pieces of gold each for all of us just for stopping Birdman. Now how about a drink to celebrate.

You got it. Roland! A round of No.2 & 3 on the house!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 12:06:14 pm
"I'll drink to that!"

*A loud cheer can be heard from the patrons of the bar, as the drinks are being passed out*

"Yiski! If you dont mind, I would like one of those steaks roland made with my no 3."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 06, 2013, 12:12:45 pm
*Qwerty hears the cheer from the bar. Getting up he dust himself off*

I'll be at the bar Zill, you be careful

*Qwerty walks until he reaches the bar, then heads on in for a drink*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 01:03:53 pm
"I'll drink to that!"

*A loud cheer can be heard from the patrons of the bar, as the drinks are being passed out*

"Yiski! If you dont mind, I would like one of those steaks roland made with my no 3."

*Roland*

"Sure, I think I can manage it again. As always, do not expect too much. The stove is, lack of a better word, moody."

*Yiski gives a small grunt.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 01:05:14 pm
*Sees Qwerty Step into the bar*

"Qwerty! have a drink friend... we are celebrating the past couple of day's events"

*Notices his notebook clutched to his side*

"What do you put in that think anyway?"

*turns to Roland*

"I think I can manage... It was the milk that did me in last time..."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 01:23:50 pm
*from the outside, a female voice can be heard yelling*

AZN WHERE ARE YOU, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE YOUR OWN CONTACTS DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE MY OWN. NIKO TOLD ME WHAT HAPPEN AND I FOLLOWED THESE SQUIDS HERE.

*BdrLine eyes went wide open and ducks and head over to the window and looks out, mutters to himself*

What is she doing here?!? I told her and the rest that i'll be fine out here.

*goes from the window and jumps over the bar and hides*

Yiski if she comes here tell her I'm not here and do you have a back door?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 06, 2013, 01:29:55 pm
*Qwerty holds up the notepad*

What this, oh nothing really, just.....ramblings.

I'll have another hellfire Yiski, if ya don't mind.

*At the commotion from the womans voice and AZN's behaviour qwerty smiles and turns to face the door opening his journal and getting ready to write.*

This'll be interesting
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 01:30:48 pm
-Docks-

*Small airships can be seen buzzing around the docks. The tar may be permanent, but the wreckage that engulfed the docks has started to be cleared. Boats were put back into place. Zill was working on his squid to get it air worthy again when he saw a grand sight.

He had requested 3 new Anvalan engines for his Goldfish. They used the design from the schematics of the Birdman Chase. The main engine support was being forged as they arrived. Zill was very please to see them flying in. Them coupled with the reinforced support would make the Then It Caught Fire that much quicker.

Around the rest of the docks, men worked to scrub with varying success the tar away from just about everything. The less effected areas were taking in trade from small craft. It may of been limited, but it was something.

Zill had some men roll out a few stashed barrels of rum for the workers. Everyone had a mug. A toast Zill proposed...*

To Clear Skies!

*Cheers from the dock workers could be heard for miles.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 01:32:30 pm
--Saloon--

*from the outside, a female voice can be heard yelling*

AZN WHERE ARE YOU, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE YOUR OWN CONTACTS DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE MY OWN. NIKO TOLD ME WHAT HAPPEN AND I FOLLOWED THESE SQUIDS HERE.

*BdrLine eyes went wide open and ducks and head over to the window and looks out, mutters to himself*

What is she doing here?!? I told her and the rest that i'll be fine out here.

*goes from the window and jumps over the bar and hides*

Yiski if she comes here tell her I'm not here and do you have a back door?

By the burning skies BdrLine, is that your ex? And by the sounds of it she wants your blood.

*Yiski motions BdrLine to get in the back. Yiski grabs Blood Bolt off the wall and cocks it.*
*Yiski sighs*

This can't end well. Roland, get Qwerty his Hellfire.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 01:38:04 pm
--Saloon--


By the burning skies BdrLine, is that your ex? And by the sounds of it she wants your blood.

*Yiski motions BdrLine to get in the back. Yiski grabs Blood Bolt off the wall and cocks it.*
*Yiski sighs*

This can't end well.

*looks at Yiski and the Blood Bolt*

Wait what!?! An Ex?!? No worst, my younger sister and put that back don't want any blood shed. Her name is Ny-Lee and besides having an adventurous spirit like mine, she the "classier" one in the family. Trained with the Imperial Air Fleet and can beat the hell out of anyone. and thankes for the exit

*Leaves from the back*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 01:40:01 pm
*from the outside, a female voice can be heard yelling*

AZN WHERE ARE YOU, JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE YOUR OWN CONTACTS DOESN'T MEAN I HAVE MY OWN. NIKO TOLD ME WHAT HAPPEN AND I FOLLOWED THESE SQUIDS HERE.

*BdrLine eyes went wide open and ducks and head over to the window and looks out, mutters to himself*

What is she doing here?!? I told her and the rest that i'll be fine out here.

*goes from the window and jumps over the bar and hides*

Yiski if she comes here tell her I'm not here and do you have a back door?

*Smirks at the clear predicament that azn is in. Just then the woman storms into the bar scanning the patrons for a glimpse of Azn*

"He went out the back miss... if that's who your looking for..."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 01:46:00 pm
*Yiski set Blood Bolt back when Shink gives away BdrLine's escape route*

Really, Shink? Have you no honor for your brethren?

*Yiski eyes Ny-Lee. She's not happy.*

Now calm down ma'am. What's so important that you're yelling for BdrLine like you're about massacre him?

*Yiski gave a death stare to Shink giving him the hint to stay quiet for the next couple of minutes.*

Also, he's not in the back. There's no exit that way. Probably jumped out one of the windows. Be fitting given his name.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 01:55:48 pm
*shrugs*

"I thought it'd be funny.... never seen BdrLine like that"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 06, 2013, 01:57:59 pm
*qwerty begins to chuckle as he continues writing*

Never a dull moment
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 01:58:45 pm
*Ny-Lee looks at the guys nonchalantly*

What can't I visit my older brother onces in awhile? Besides what I heard from Niko that he's getting a bit of a prizes money and I want some. Also I need a little vacation. Living in a manor does get quite boring.

He's still usin that nickname *smirks* still getting in trouble once in a while I see. But since I'm here how about a drink.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 02:17:52 pm
*Ny-Lee looks at the guys nonchalantly*

What can't I visit my older brother onces in awhile? Besides what I heard from Niko that he's getting a bit of a prizes money and I want some. Also I need a little vacation. Living in a manor does get quite boring.

He's still usin that nickname *smirks* still getting in trouble once in a while I see. But since I'm here how about a drink.

*Smile broadening*

"I like this girl! Yiski get her some of your fire frost ale... you can put it on my tab"

*Takes a long drink of ale*

"I don't see why Azn was so scared..."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 02:23:50 pm
*Yiski rolls his eyes at Shink. Yiski hands a mug of Frost Fire Ale to Ny-Lee*

Here you go, compliments of Shinkurex. I guess if you're here visiting your brother, I can't see any harm in it. *Yiski to himself* Though he might.

*Yiski contemplates a bit and heads to the back. A little scuffle could be heard. Yiski returns with a very displeased BdrLine by his collar.*

Play nice you two.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 02:36:20 pm
-Docks-

*Zill gets the engines into his warehouse. The engine support will be done tomorrow. His Squid, aptly named However We Died, was now fully operational. He takes another swig from his flask as the engines fired up under the power of moonshine.

The rest of the dock is winding down. Despite all the hard work, the docks were still only capable of supporting small trade boats. Most of the past fight had been cleaned away, minus the tar stains. They will forever be a reminder to Zill.

He walks up to the main gates and sees a makeshift sign. It reads "Tar Barrel Port." Below in scruffy handwriting, "Comissioned by Rear Admiral Zill." A nice touch he thought. The Council will undoubtedly disagree, but no matter. He lets his dockhands off early and heads toward the Burning Skies. Its time for a drink.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 06, 2013, 03:26:29 pm
*Moans and scuffs a bit in the couch*

moaaa... ugh.. camels... rutabaga...

*then turns silent again*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 03:39:27 pm
*Ny-Lee to Shink*

Oh you should be a little, I'm not all that goody-goody. Once I dock my ship, which look like a black stain had been smeared on it had to go far enough to find a good spot, there this fella that tried to get something out of this. Let's say that he is in a little bent and broken in some places.

*sees her brother*

Ahh Azn there you are *goes up to him and grabs him from Yiski*
why didn't you tell me that you gotten a reward for saving the Empire?!? After all what I've done with the fleet you think they would give me something around that much.

(Bdr) oh nice to see you to little sis. Looks like you still living that high life wanting more money. Dosen't our parents own enough? As well as the pay you getting from the Fleet?

(Ny) Well a wardrobe like mine won't pay for itself. *threatenly* and don't call me that, I'm not little anymore. besides living with mother and father got boring once you left and once I heard of what happen, I couldn't resist and had to come out here. It will be just like old times

(Bdr) *sarcastically* oh boy. Now can you let go. I think I need a little drink now

*Ny-Lee let's go of BdrLine and goes back to her drink*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 03:42:43 pm
*Zill swings the door wide, his footsteps heavy from the long day at the newly christened Tar Barrel Port. He makes his way to the bar.*

Dock's are workin' again, if only at minimum. That tar got everywhere. How about a mug of No.3?

*Sees BdrLine and his sister having words. He just shakes his head.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 03:56:09 pm
*Barks out a deep laugh, and see Zill enter the bar*

"Zill! have a seat! You made it just in time to watch the family reunion"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 06, 2013, 04:00:46 pm
Hey, Bdrline, I need my payment soon. My captain and I are going to head off for a while for a little mission we've been instructed to carry out.

*Out of character moment*

This thread is going by way quicker than I can keep up with it, so I'll take a break from it for a couple of days. Hence the above post.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 04:26:42 pm
Hey, Bdrline, I need my payment soon. My captain and I are going to head off for a while for a little mission we've been instructed to carry out.



Sure Sunderland, let me just go back to my warehouse. Also make sure she *points to Ny-Lee* dosen't get into to much trouble

*From where Ny-Lee is at*
 HEY

*BdrLine leaves the Saloon towards his docks*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 06:15:01 pm
Ah... ain't family a beautiful thing.

*Yiski gives a big laugh*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 07:20:18 pm
*Watches BdrLine leave*

"So Ny-Lee, got any dirt on why BrdLine is the way that he is?"

*Looks around*

"Yiski, have you seen Roland? I really was looking forward to another one of those steaks"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 07:29:39 pm
*Sitting at the bar, Zill starts to dose off. His eyes get heavy, much like the days have been on him.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 08:13:46 pm
*Watches BdrLine leave*

"So Ny-Lee, got any dirt on why BrdLine is the way that he is?"

*Looks around*

"Yiski, have you seen Roland? I really was looking forward to another one of those steaks"

*Suddenly smokes comes bursting out of the back. Roland emerges, blackened by the smoke. The steak in hand looks the same as it did the first time*

"Sorry about the wait, took the stove a while to start cooking, but when it did, I thought it was going to take my face off."

*Roland hands Shink his steak.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 08:25:40 pm
"Thanks Roland"

*Shink tears into the steak, and practically devours it in 3 Bites*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 09:00:46 pm
*Yiski notices Zill walking in after the commotion with BdrLine and Ny.*

I guess first things first, how are the docks lookin'? Second, how's you're ship?

*Yiski fixes of mug of Clear Skies for Zill.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 09:06:54 pm
*Ny-Lee to Shink*

My brother *ugh* hes been like this when we were younger. Gotten the nickname BdrLine for all the hair brain schemes he comes up with. I think he got it from our mother, she was a merchant captain that always traveled and took the most dangerous jobs. But any who, his schemes are always the wildest; from letting loose all the cattle from the market to setting off fireworks in the Scholar's main studies. He usually gets away with it as he knows people that can hide him, the only times he gets caught by the Imperial Police is when he takes a wrong turn into a dead end. And lets just say they weren't very kind when detaining him.

Last time I saw him was the day he was running from the police again, and that he stowed away on a leaving merchant ship. On that day, my whole family was worried, wondering what happened to him. But me i didn't care as i knew he would pull a stunt like this. Only way we knew he was safe was a week later when he radioed in from He Tower sayin that he was fine and that he actually likes that life of a traveling airman.

Only knew he was here was when i saw his old friend Niko sporting new clothing. So being me i "talked" to him as where he got the money to afforded all of his new things. Told me everything, i followed the squids, and then back here again

*As she was talking, Ny-Lee takes a drink from the ale once in a while*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 09:30:26 pm
*Yiski listening on Ny's monologue.*

Yeah, BdrLine mentioned he came from a family with money. Knowing how he is around us on both the ground and the skies, I can see why he'd want to run away from that. Hell, I'd probably done the same thing myself if I was in his shoes.

So, what's the real reason you came all this way out?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 09:45:22 pm
*Yiski notices Zill walking in after the commotion with BdrLine and Ny.*

I guess first things first, how are the docks lookin'? Second, how's you're ship?

*Yiski fixes of mug of Clear Skies for Zill.*

*Sips the Clear Skies*

Docks are operational, if only minimally. Small trade craft is the limit for awhile. They named the "new" docks Tar Barrel Port. Fitting after all this.

The boat will survive. New engines got shipped in today, and the main engine support is bein' forged. She'll be stronger for it. Squid's back up too. Better than nothin' I suppose. I could pull my Galleon out of the Council Port if I had to. That girl hasnt seen open Skies in a long time....
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 09:58:00 pm
*Yiski listening on Ny's monologue.*

Yeah, BdrLine mentioned he came from a family with money. Knowing how he is around us on both the ground and the skies, I can see why he'd want to run away from that. Hell, I'd probably done the same thing myself if I was in his shoes.

So, what's the real reason you came all this way out?

Well for three things actually; 1) when i heard he's getting a reward i thought he can lend some to help pay some damages i "accidentally" did to some Imperial ships a while back, 2)I really need to get out of Yesha more, see the same skies each day, and 3) *sighs* I really missed him. After he left i thought it would be more quieter with he gone. After a few months, all of that changed, i realized i needed someone to look up too like him, craziness and all. He was also one of my inspiration to join the Fleet afterwards, besides my mother.

*looks at the people who were listening in threatenly*

If any of this gets to my brother, you will see the bad side of Yeshan Military training.

*looks at Shink especially*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 10:04:02 pm
*Sips more Clear Skies and turns to Ny-Lee*

You act tough but your sentiment shows a lighter side. What happened in the Fleet that made you so rough on the outside?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 06, 2013, 10:10:14 pm
*Papa P pushes the door open, obviously highly agitated*

"I go away for two weeks, TWO, and I come back into a flakin' maelstorm of shit. The owner and CEO of Dandy Lions Trading Co. croaked while we were on out little 'vacation.' Little did I know that I was that old bastards sole beneficiary he left the entire company to me, I am now the chief share holder of arguably the largest trading company in the world. Not to mention the fact that some asshole blew that piece of shit dock up, had a couple over flow ships that have been obliterated"

*He goes to the bar after venting completely, he moved to the bar*

"Yiski, looks like the next round is on me. Who's the new girl?"

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 10:26:10 pm
*Sips more Clear Skies and turns to Ny-Lee*

You act tough but your sentiment shows a lighter side. What happened in the Fleet that made you so rough on the outside?

Not that many women applies to the Air Fleet, and the handful that, do we had to prove ourselves to the mostly male dominated officers and enlisted men. Only way that i made it was the help of an old family friend when she was in the service, her name was Jun'ko. She told me to tough it out and out train and beat those males.

*she looks to Zill and sees the old uniform on, immediately pops to attention. looks around awkwardly and sits back down *

Oh sorry about that, its a habit. once i see an officer i go straight to attention. By the looks you have seen many better days i presume?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 06, 2013, 11:08:50 pm
*Yiski listening on Ny's monologue.*

Yeah, BdrLine mentioned he came from a family with money. Knowing how he is around us on both the ground and the skies, I can see why he'd want to run away from that. Hell, I'd probably done the same thing myself if I was in his shoes.

So, what's the real reason you came all this way out?

Well for three things actually; 1) when i heard he's getting a reward i thought he can lend some to help pay some damages i "accidentally" did to some Imperial ships a while back, 2)I really need to get out of Yesha more, see the same skies each day, and 3) *sighs* I really missed him. After he left i thought it would be more quieter with he gone. After a few months, all of that changed, i realized i needed someone to look up too like him, craziness and all. He was also one of my inspiration to join the Fleet afterwards, besides my mother.

*looks at the people who were listening in threatenly*

If any of this gets to my brother, you will see the bad side of Yeshan Military training.

*looks at Shink especially*

*Hands up in protest*

"I would never do such a thing!"

*Places a couple silvers on the table*

"Yiski, I think I'm done for the day... Too much family drama for one night"

*Leaves the saloon with a sly grin on his face. Certain to be up to no good*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 11:26:23 pm
*Papa P pushes the door open, obviously highly agitated*

"I go away for two weeks, TWO, and I come back into a flakin' maelstorm of shit. The owner and CEO of Dandy Lions Trading Co. croaked while we were on out little 'vacation.' Little did I know that I was that old bastards sole beneficiary he left the entire company to me, I am now the chief share holder of arguably the largest trading company in the world. Not to mention the fact that some asshole blew that piece of shit dock up, had a couple over flow ships that have been obliterated"

*He goes to the bar after venting completely, he moved to the bar*

"Yiski, looks like the next round is on me. Who's the new girl?"

*Looks to Paradox*

Well, hell, if you're the new CEO, can I expect a better shipment of supplies. I can't rely on Zill and his men forever. *Looks to Zill* No offense.

*Yells at those staring at Ny*

Oi, you bloody idiots better not be gettin' any ideas. Since she's BdrLine's lil' sis', any of you mess with her and you'll deal with her. *Yiski points to Blood Bolt* Or I could always send Furry after ya'll.

*The thought of Yiski using Blood Bolt was bad. Sending Furry after them... well that is what we would cruel and unusual punishment.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 11:28:14 pm
*Sips more Clear Skies and turns to Ny-Lee*

You act tough but your sentiment shows a lighter side. What happened in the Fleet that made you so rough on the outside?

Not that many women applies to the Air Fleet, and the handful that, do we had to prove ourselves to the mostly male dominated officers and enlisted men. Only way that i made it was the help of an old family friend when she was in the service, her name was Jun'ko. She told me to tough it out and out train and beat those males.

*she looks to Zill and sees the old uniform on, immediately pops to attention. looks around awkwardly and sits back down *

Oh sorry about that, its a habit. once i see an officer i go straight to attention. By the looks you have seen many better days i presume?

*He turns to her and shakes his head*

Jun'ko eh? Im amazed I didnt see it earlier. She crews with me on a regular basis. Always tryin' to be tough. A little wisdom from an Admiral, dont lose that womanly touch. Fleets need more than anyone cares to admit.

*He looks at his drink again*

Not sure what the Yeshan Fleet is like. Back when I first became Admiral, things were nice. Over time, the Council didnt always appreciate my ways of doin' things. They know I am the only one keeping this Fleet in the Skies. They are power hungry, and think Im capable of ruinin' that. Truth is I always was, but Id never let this city fall. I do the regular suicide mission here and again, and its been that way for years. This old uniform can attest to that. But dont let the image fool yea, I have awhile yet.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 11:32:18 pm
*Yiski looks to Zill*

At the rate you're chugging tar, I'd doubt that. I'm surprised your blood isn't made of tar yet.

*Roland chimes in*

"I second his motion."

*Both give a grin to Zill*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 11:38:39 pm
*Yiski looks to Zill*

At the rate you're chugging tar, I'd doubt that. I'm surprised your blood isn't made of tar yet.

*Roland chimes in*

"I second his motion."

*Both give a grin to Zill*

*Chugs the rest of his Clear Skies and coughs*

Youre both probably right.

*In a rare move, he removes his mask, revealing what remains of his face.*

Who would of guessed a poor sap like this could ever survive longer than a few days. That first mission to my death was my closest. And Ill be damned if I go like that. All i worked for just to get torn at by greedy hands. Some days its too much to cope.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 06, 2013, 11:42:48 pm
*In a rare move, he removes his mask, revealing what remains of his face.*

*Yiski sees the face. It looked the same now as it did when it happened. While it did not phase Yiski, the other patrons were a bit taken by Zill's facial features (or lack thereof).*

By the burning skies Zill, put that back on. Have you no decency? Some of us are drinking here!
Also, the only way you're gonna get yourself killed is by hanging with all of us. And you ain't gonna lose shit. If we don't kill you and someone else does, then we'll kill them and take what they took from you.

*Turns to Ny-Lee*

By the way, what are you doing for living arrangements? I don't think BdrLine has a place suitable for you to be living at. Sure, it's fairly big, but covered in all his crazy equipment. Also, since the dock incident, not many people are able to leave causin' a lot of folks to stay in all the inns. So I'm not sure if you'll be able to find a place.

I've got a spare room you could stay in, though I haven't cleaned it in how many years.

*Roland taps Yiski on the shoulder*

"Actually, when you and the others were away for the two weeks, I took the time to clean up the room. It was easier than having to travel to and from the saloon from my place."

*Yiski's surprised*

Well, hell, good on ya Roland. Well Ny-Lee, knowing Roland, the room may not be 5 stars, but at least it's clean and habitable.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 06, 2013, 11:46:58 pm
*Ny-LeeTo Zill*

Yes sir, i'll remember that. But still dosen't means i can't mess with my older brother *a devious gleam can be seen in her eyes*

*While later, BdrLine comes back in with Sunderlands earnings*

*mutters to himself*

Damn safe, who knew that even i can't open it.

*Looks at whos at the bar*

Oh Zill, PapaP didn't know you guys would come around. Looks like you met my little sis. Hope she didn't gave you any trouble i hope.

*to PapaP*

If i knew you were here earlier i would have brought you share as well, want me to send someone to deliver it to you?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 06, 2013, 11:54:49 pm
*Looking at Yiski*

"You got it, bud."

*Papa P looks at Bdrline*

"I come into more wealth than you could possibly imagine, divide my share amongst the group. Hell you could give it to Zill and send him to the local Harem to turn that frown upside down"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 06, 2013, 11:56:21 pm
*In a rare move, he removes his mask, revealing what remains of his face.*

*Yiski sees the face. It looked the same now as it did when it happened. While it did not phase Yiski, the other patrons were a bit taken by Zill's facial features (or lack thereof).*

By the burning skies Zill, put that back on. Have you no decency? Some of us are drinking here!
Also, the only way you're gonna get yourself killed is by hanging with all of us. And you ain't gonna lose shit. If we don't kill you and someone else does, then we'll kill them and take what they took from you.

*Laughs some and replaces the mask*

I wouldnt want to go any other way than in the best company Anvala has to offer. *Raises his glass to Yiski and the patrons of the bar.* If this body had any shred of worth left in it, it would gladly go toward this city, and these people.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 12:15:02 am
--NARRATOR--

As the moon rose high above Anvala, many of the patrons started clearing out. BdrLine and Ny-Lee talked until they were the last two sitting in the saloon. BdrLine knowing he hardly had any room at his place for his sister to sleep suggested she take up Yiski's offer. He figured, if anybody wanted to harass her, they would have to get through the Crimson Bolt.

Yiski tossed Ny-Lee the key to the spare room and she headed up stairs to get some rest and BdrLine headed out to his place.

Yiski also handed Roland some gold coins for holding down the saloon the past few days and for the days ahead. While Yiski was feeling much better, there were still a few sore spots and he'd need Roland's help to keep the saloon running efficiently as it has been.

With Roland now out the door, Yiski contemplates his actions for tomorrow. The objective: buy new equipment and make new drinks.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 24--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 07, 2013, 09:36:54 am
*Ny-Lee wakes up he next day and wonders where she is at. Then she remembered that she is in a spare bedroom above the saloon. She gets up and quietly goes downstairs as Yiski is still asleep. She heads towards the docks to her ship to get a few things and then explore the City of Anvala*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 10:18:14 am
--START OF DAY 25--

*Yiski wakes up and is still a bit slow in getting up. He curses to himself.*

Dammit, my age must be beginnin' to show.

*Yiski walks up stairs to see if Ny-Lee is in the spare room and sees it empty.*

Looks like she headed out pretty early. *He worries a bit, but puts it to rest.* Meh, she's old enough and looks like she can handle herself.

*As Yiski heads back down, he sees Roland coming in*

"Morning Yiski! How are you feeling?"

Still sore, but nothing that should slow me down. You wouldn't have Ny-Lee on the way here?

"No, why, has she left?"

Looks like it.

"I am sure she can take care of herself. She did seem quite resourceful."

*Yiski left Roland to tend to the saloon. Yiski was heading into the market with the reward from the Empire.*

First things first, I gotta get a new still.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 10:28:59 am
*Zill had another rough night, but put that behind him. He took out his finest (the term is used loosely) officer's jacket for today. It still brought him at least some motivation.*

Doesnt look half bad. I can still tell where each bullet hole and dirt stain came from too. *Smirks*

*He puts on his mask and makes his way out of the city center. He bumps into Yiski*

Ahoy there. Money already burnin' holes in your pocket?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 10:34:43 am
*Zill had another rough night, but put that behind him. He took out his finest (the term is used loosely) officer's jacket for today. It still brought him at least some motivation.*

Doesnt look half bad. I can still tell where each bullet hole and dirt stain came from too. *Smirks*

*He puts on his mask and makes his way out of the city center. He bumps into Yiski*

Ahoy there. Money already burnin' holes in your pocket?

*Yiski jabs Zill on the arm*

Not yet. Heading out the market to get parts for a new still and probably stock up on some ingredients to experiment with.

*Yiski realizes Zill has on his 'good' uniform today*

Well, aren't we lookin' fancy today. What's the occasion? *Yiski grins* Wait... let me guess... I know you can't a get a date, so all that's left is you're headed for a funeral. So, who died this time?

*Yiski gives a chuckle.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 11:03:59 am
*Yiski jabs Zill on the arm*

Not yet. Heading out the market to get parts for a new still and probably stock up on some ingredients to experiment with.

*Yiski realizes Zill has on his 'good' uniform today*

Well, aren't we lookin' fancy today. What's the occasion? *Yiski grins* Wait... let me guess... I know you can't a get a date, so all that's left is you're headed for a funeral. So, who died this time?

*Yiski gives a chuckle.*

*Zill shakes his head and laughs*

Just wanted to look more like an Admiral and less like a half-livin' fool who tripped into a tar barrel. Goldfish is getting redone so I needed somethin' to fit the occasion.

*His tone gets a little more serious.*

By the way, have you ever considered a few hands to watch over the Saloon? Using the Blood Bolt on some unruly fools dumb enough to take us on in there seems a little overkill.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 07, 2013, 11:16:24 am
*Walks into the saloon, and notices that Yiski was out.*

"Hey Roland"

*Takes a seat at his usual corner table*

"Hey is Ny-Lee around? I really would like some more about Azn"

*Shink smiles a little bit on the inside... It's not everyday he can get some dirt on his friends. He looks around. He looks around to see if he could start a card game with some of the regulars*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 11:49:04 am
--Market Square--

*Zill shakes his head and laughs*

Just wanted to look more like an Admiral and less like a half-livin' fool who tripped into a tar barrel. Goldfish is getting redone so I needed somethin' to fit the occasion.

*His tone gets a little more serious.*

By the way, have you ever considered a few hands to watch over the Saloon? Using the Blood Bolt on some unruly fools dumb enough to take us on in there seems a little overkill.

Hire people? Hell, I thought that's you and the others were for. But you're right, I may need to hire somebody. But not right now. And don't worry about Blood Bolt, I've got her loaded with some experimental 'semi-lethal' rounds. I say 'semi-lethal' because there wasn't an idiot yet stupid enough for me to use it against them.


--Saloon--

*Roland fixes Shink a mug of Anvala's Standard Rum*

"Sorry Shink, Ny-Lee headed out early this morning. Yiski and I have no idea where she went."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 12:00:37 pm
--Market Square--

Hire people? Hell, I thought that's you and the others were for. But you're right, I may need to hire somebody. But not right now. And don't worry about Blood Bolt, I've got her loaded with some experimental 'semi-lethal' rounds. I say 'semi-lethal' because there wasn't an idiot yet stupid enough for me to use it against them.

-Market Square-


*Zill nods*

True , but we aren't always there. And do you honestly think Roland will manage alone? Id hate for somethin' to happen to him. Maybe its me.

*Turns to head toward the docks*

Well off to finish that Goldfish. If the Council is good at one thing, its filling my orders quickly. Those schematics from our travels helped though. Will probably get Jun'ko to say hi to Ny-Lee. Im sure they'd both like that.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 07, 2013, 12:17:35 pm
*Looks up from his hand to Roland*

"That is a shame... Mind grabbing me a cup of No. 3?

*Lays out his hand to the other patrons dismay, and starts to rake the money to his pile*

"You also wouldn't happen to know of anyone looking for a good gunner would you? Apparently, one of the walls in my apartment fell by "accident", and the super is making me pay for it"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 07, 2013, 12:23:04 pm
*After Ny-Lee went to her ship and got what she needed, she headed out into the city. Since all of this was unfamiliar place, she brought along her old Colt 1911 pistol that she found out in the Flayed Hills, just to be safe*

--BdrLine's docks--

*To himself*

Since my sister is here i don't think her staying at the saloon will be a good idea, don't want to burden Yiski more. Better start cleaning this place a bit.

*before he started cleaning his place on the docks, he calls out to the workers that are around*

Alright guys try not to go inside my place for a bit, gonna do some cleaning. Just don't mess with my docks like you usually do on a daily basis.

*as he goes back in and started cleaning, Bdr gets a little distracted with some of the things he found*

Oh my old fireworks, I wondered where they went. Oh there's my design for a rotating medium gun turret.

* as he was cleaning, he didn't noticed that moving those old fireworks agitated them a bit and they started going off inside the house*

This is gonna be a long day
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 12:28:40 pm
--Market Square--

*Zill heads off for the docks.*
*Yiski then heads towards the local machine shop. A few minutes later, Yiski can been seen holding a few small boxes in hand. Next, Yiski heads for the food stands. By the end of his shopping, Yiski has a few bags filled with potential(ly lethal) ingredients for his new batches.*
*Happy with the haul, Yiski makes his way back to the saloon*

--Saloon--

*Roland looks to Shink*

"With the docks in their current condition, I do not think there are any captains hiring a crew. However, I do believe the Academy is looking into hiring another weapons instructor since their oldest one retired a while back."

--En Route to Saloon--

*About halfway to the saloon, Yiski sees small lines of light streaking from the docks. Yiski snickers.*

I guess BdrLine found his old fireworks.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 12:37:19 pm
-Docks-

*Zill is just outside the docks when fireworks shoot off. He rushes in thinking the worst, and then realizes its only BdrLine. He stands over him.*

Dammit BdrLine. Im half tempted to light the rest of those flakin' things up in your jimmies.

*He lets out a sigh. He looks over to his docks and see's Jun'ko working on the goldfish. The main support had just arrived, and it was a sight to behold.*

At least something in this place is workin' right.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 07, 2013, 12:50:02 pm
*Thinks for a minute*

"Weapons instructor huh?.... Sounds like it could be interesting... And it's always fun to whip some powder monkeys into shape... I think I'll try that"

*Quickly empties the cup that Roland hands him*

"Thanks Roland, I'm off to get me a teaching job"

*Leaves the saloon and heads for the acadamy*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 12:54:36 pm
*Seeing Shink leave in a hurry, what Roland just suggested to Shink finally sunk in.*

"Oh dear, I fear I may have made a mistake."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 07, 2013, 01:30:56 pm
--Market--
*Papa P Emerges from the bank with a small entourage, seeing Yiski heading back to the saloon, he runs to catch up*

"YISKI!!"

*staggering as he finally caught up*

--en route to saloon--
"Feel free to use one of these sub-simian creatures to your disposal"

*Looking at one of the three men behind him*

"Jenkins make sure this man gets his every need attended to, with the full rank and authority of an executive member of the Dandy Lion Trading Co., I'm heading back to HQ to keep the scorned assholes from management at bay, I'll see ya later Yiski."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 02:05:56 pm
-Docks-

*Zill limps over to his docks and looks at Then it caught fire. The turning engines have already been installed. They glean in the afternoon sun. The workers were about ready to get the main support lined up. It too gleaned, the reinforced structure three times as sturdy as before. Zill designed that himself. If his engines ever decided to go, at least the support would hold, in theory. He yells up to Jun'ko.*

A nice sight to behold after everything thats happened. How's she run?

*Jun'ko peers over the railing on the main deck*

Haven't tried yet. Only fitting you did it first. *She winks and disappears again*

This is what I live for..

*Zill orders the tanks filled with moonshine. Trial by fire was always the best. In short time the support and main engine would be in place.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 07, 2013, 02:30:22 pm
--Outside the Academy--

*Having just come from the interview process (Which included a skills challenge). Shink is now walking to the Saloon with an instructors jacket on*

That was easier than I thought...

*As he is walking to the saloon, he notices Yiski

"Hey... Heading to the saloon?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 07, 2013, 02:58:36 pm
--Docks--

*After saying an apology to Zill before he left for his goldfish, BdrLine resumes cleaning but being extra vigilant*

--Somewhere in Anvala--

*Ny-Lee is just wondering around taking where her feet will take her, taking in all the sights. To her everything look intriguing and foreign as shee never seen architectur like this back in Chang-ning. Only thing she wonder was when she went through the Garden District, there looked like a ship wildly landed there*

*With all of this walking, she decides to walk back to the saloon for some refreshments*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 03:25:41 pm
--Market--
*Papa P Emerges from the bank with a small entourage, seeing Yiski heading back to the saloon, he runs to catch up*

"YISKI!!"

*staggering as he finally caught up*

--en route to saloon--
"Feel free to use one of these sub-simian creatures to your disposal"

*Looking at one of the three men behind him*

"Jenkins make sure this man gets his every need attended to, with the full rank and authority of an executive member of the Dandy Lion Trading Co., I'm heading back to HQ to keep the scorned assholes from management at bay, I'll see ya later Yiski."

*Now typically Yiski would refuse, but given he was still recovering, he figured it'd be rude to refuse any help right now.*
*When Yiski saw Paradox running back to the HQ, a small shiver ran down his back.*

I give the company a week before Paradox runs it to the ground.

*As he is walking to the saloon, he notices Yiski

"Hey... Heading to the saloon?"

*Yiski turns as see something he thought could never happen: Shink wearing an Academy instructor's jacket.*
*Suffice it to say, Yiski was a little (lot) shocked.*
*Yiski motions the workers Paradox left him to head to the saloon. Yiski had to take some time to absorb this.*

How... who... ... ... Why are you wearing an instructor's jacket? Don't tell me the Academy actually hired you?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 07, 2013, 03:45:26 pm
Quote
*Yiski turns as see something he thought could never happen: Shink wearing an Academy instructor's jacket.*
*Suffice it to say, Yiski was a little (lot) shocked.*
*Yiski motions the workers Paradox left him to head to the saloon. Yiski had to take some time to absorb this.*

How... who... ... ... Why are you wearing an instructor's jacket? Don't tell me the Academy actually hired you?

*Grins at Yiski*

"Yeah... apparently they needed a Weapons instructor... I'll have them shooting straight in no time"

*Laughs*

"Well... shall we head to the Saloon for a celebration drink?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 03:50:41 pm
*Grins at Yiski*

"Yeah... apparently they needed a Weapons instructor... I'll have them shooting straight in no time"

*Laughs*

"Well... shall we head to the Saloon for a celebration drink?"

Hell, seeing you in that I'm definitely gonna need a drink.

*The two walk into the saloon. Silence is experienced upon seeing Shink in an instructor's jacket. Priceless.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 03:58:20 pm
-Docks-

*With everything replaced, a small crowd grew around the boat. The work was done in very short order, and the men who worked to see the Then it caught fire back in the Skies wanted to savor the moment. The word was given and Zill fired her up. The engines burst to life, and ran ten times smoother than any previously modified ones before it. The power was immense, and the smell was glorious.

Zill beckoned Jun'ko and the two chief engineers who made it possible aboard for its first flight. He flew around Anvala in very quick time, drawing lines in the Sky with the flamethrowers. It was something to behold.

Upon returning to the docks, everyone cheered. Moral was high to get the rest of Port Tar Barrel back to 100%. Time would make it so.

Zill made a few final tweaks, and brought more barrels of rum out for the workers*

Its a good day Jun'ko. Soon this tar-ridden port will be somethin' to talk about. How about a celebratory drink from the Burning Skies? I think its goin' to be a crazy night.

*Jun'ko nods*

A fine way to end the day if i do say so. Lead the way oh burner of Skies. *Bows jokingly*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 07, 2013, 04:05:12 pm
*yanks suddenly as a patron takes a seat on what he supposedly thought was a pile of pillows under the brown blanket in the couch, lunging him to the floor*

Ugh, what happened? What the...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 07, 2013, 04:09:32 pm
Quote
Hell, seeing you in that I'm definitely gonna need a drink.

*The two walk into the saloon. Silence is experienced upon seeing Shink in an instructor's jacket. Priceless.*

"What? Haven't you guys seen an instructor before? The first round is on me, so I better hear some cheers"

*Crickets*

"Whatever"

*Goes over to the couch, and proceeds to sit on what he thought were pillows. Sgt Spoon falls off the couch dazed*

"Sorry Spoon... didn't see you there"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 07, 2013, 04:17:43 pm
*rises from the floor and takes a look around*
Hrmm, last thing I remember is being in Zill's warehouse. How did I get here?

*Takes a look at his fellow assaulter*

Dear god Shink? When the hell did you become an instructor? How long was I out, really?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 07, 2013, 04:27:40 pm
*rises from the floor and takes a look around*
Hrmm, last thing I remember is being in Zill's warehouse. How did I get here?

*Takes a look at his fellow assaulter*

Dear god Shink? When the hell did you become an instructor? How long was I out, really?

*Looks at Spoon*

"Just a couple of minutes ago... Apparently they need minds molded... Those powder monkeys don't know the difference between a Charged round and a Lochanagar.... I'm thinking of doing a practical demonstration"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 07, 2013, 04:37:15 pm
*Ny-Lee walks in and sees the sight between Shink and Spoon*

Not gonna ask

*Goes up to the bar for a drink*

Its Roland right? Still trying to remember names but you think i can try the drink i had yesterday? Walking around this city can make a girl parched.

--Docks--

*BdrLine is almost finished up cleaning the place to make room for his sister, not that many mishaps occur since the fireworks accident. Well except for a few dinks and dings there, he manage to move the majority of his things from his home to his warehouse*

*Once finished he heads towards the Burning Skies to relive himself*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 04:51:28 pm
*Yiski enters the saloon. Yiski motions the help to set the equipment and ingredients in the back.*
*Patrons are eyeing with curiosity what Yiski had bough. Yiski notices and laughs.*

You all are in for a treat. You'll soon see more drink variety.

*Those two lines alone sent the saloon roaring while sending a chill down their spines. They all knew too well what to expect in the coming days.*

*Roland notices Ny-Lee coming back.*

"Ah, it seems you have enjoyed yourself. And yes, I remembered what you had last night. One Frost Fire Ale coming up."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 07, 2013, 05:01:33 pm
*Looks at Shink again*
I'm not sure whether to be amazed or afraid

*Heads over to the bar, looking at the new girl*
Make that two glasses Roland
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 05:10:56 pm
*Noises can be heard from the back. Roland figures it's Yiski setting up his new still.*

Spoon, I do not believe you have been introduced. Spoon this is Ny-Lee, BdrLine's younger sister, Ny-Lee this is Spoon, sergeant of Baronies' 102nd Infantry.

*Roland hands a Frost Fire Ale to Spoon.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 07, 2013, 05:20:08 pm
*Ny-Lee to Spoon*

Oh a pleasure to meet you. Also your one of the first Baron i ever met. *Looks at him up and down cringing a little in the inside*
I never thought that they can be *ponders for a word so not to be extremely rude* intriguing .
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 07, 2013, 05:33:35 pm
Thanks Roland

*Turns to Ny-Lee in a very titilliating manner*
Well, the pleasure is all mine, miss. First time meeting a Baron ey? There's still a lot of wonderful things outside the empire. You really should see the waterfalls at Lord's Leap in the winter sometimes, makes one really ponder over life.
*Continues with other evocative talk*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 07, 2013, 05:37:08 pm
*Overhears Spoon and Ny-Lee*

"I'd be careful Spoon... She's a feisty one, and I'm sure BdrLine may have an issue with you hitting on his sister"

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 07, 2013, 06:15:22 pm
*Papa P walks in, grabs seat at one of the assorted tables, his mechanical limbs let out a long hiss of exhaustion and he sighs loudly*

"It's no wonder that 'The Great One' died, this jobs flakin' hard, it'll bring a man to his grave early..."

*He sits forward as if an idea had struck him like lightning*

"I'll throw the job to one of those flakwits in management, I'll give him executive oversight of the company, but still maintain my authority and most importantly the paycheck. I can make sure they don't screw the thing up to bad and keep TGOs legacy goin'... HA! PERFECT!"

*He sits back in contemplation*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 06:31:23 pm
*Despite the usual ruckus caused in the saloon, tinkering could still be heard in the back. Yiski, having new toys, was blissfully adjusting his equipment to make (arguably) better and (very) potent drinks.*

*After a few minutes of adjustments, Yiski decides to christen the new still by creating a new drink. With everything he bought from the market earlier, the resulting brew would no doubt be... interesting. Yiski starts by crushing down the ingredient which need to be in powder form and boiling others. Fortunately, Yiski had no shortage of mash and started mixing different ingredients in his two mash pots.*

*In one pot, he added Dragon Tongues, Frost Crystals, Night Berries, and a fist full of lochnagar powder. In the other, he added Desert Roses, Cloud Berries, and Feather powder.*

*Satisfied with the mixture, he went back out into the front. He'd have to wait for tomorrow to see what the results are*

By the skies, there's never a better feeling than making a new brew *Yiski paused* except when I'm makin' a new gun.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 06:41:25 pm
*Zill and Jun'ko enter the bar with much bravado. Zill grabs the nearest patron's mug and raises it high.*

Order a round for everyone here. Tonight we celebrate!

*Cheers ensue at the Saloon goes wild. Music plays and the entire atmosphere gets merry. Zill and Jun'ko head to the bar. Jun'ko sneaks up behind Ny-Lee and surprises her.*

Well lookie here! Someone has done pretty well for herself from the look of it. How yea been Ny??

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 07, 2013, 06:55:38 pm
*Walks in BdrLine looking quite tired from moving equipment  from his home to his warehouse*

*walks up to the bar and hears the hammering in the back*

Hey Roland you think you can whip me up a Hellfire? And what is Yiski doing back there, smells like the Dragon Pepper gasoline that the swabbies made a while back. *shivers at that memory*

*Trying to think of a way to get out of the conversation with Spoon without breaking a limb, Ny-Lee spots her brother entering the saloon*

Oh it was nice talking to you Spoon but I think I need to talk with my brother about.... *looks at the drink Roland had given to her and grabs it* this drink. Yeah this drink, need to ask my brother if it's really good enough

*leaves Spoon and goes up to her brother and dumps it all over his head*

(BdrLine) WHAT THE HECK

(Ny) *looks at him sheepishly and mouths sorry and tilts with her head slightly to Spoon with a face that looked like she needed a reason to get away from him*

(BdrLine ) *sigh* looks like I really need that drink...and a towel

*after the surprise Ny-Lee turns around and sees Jun'ko*

Oh Jun'ko it is soo nice to see you again. Looks like you been having a good time since you left. But I'm fine so what's it like working with an admiral like him *looks toward to zill*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 07:04:39 pm
*Jun'ko chuckles*

You wouldnt know he was one until someone else told you or you knew the rank on his uniforms. You know how choosy I am with captains, so the fact ive been here for a few years now ought to say something.

*Zill just blankly peers at them through his mask.*

Shes a crazy one but, hell it might just take crazy to really want to be on my boats nowadays. Jun'ko used to just like you Ny, hold up in a thick shell. Took me a year to make her quit sayin' sir. *Laughs.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 07, 2013, 07:12:00 pm
*Grabs another mug of ale and takes seat in a nearby booth, talking to himself*

Probably for the best, a man can only have one real love
*Strokes his pocket containing a whitered photo of a ship*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 07, 2013, 07:16:59 pm
*Jun'ko chuckles*

You wouldnt know he was one until someone else told you or you knew the rank on his uniforms. You know how choosy I am with captains, so the fact ive been here for a few years now ought to say something.

*Zill just blankly peers at them through his mask.*

Shes a crazy one but, hell it might just take crazy to really want to be on my boats nowadays. Jun'ko used to just like you Ny, hold up in a thick shell. Took me a year to make her quit sayin' sir. *Laughs.*

(Ny-Lee) Yeah my first night here I was talking to...Zill was it? But I noticed his uniform and made a fool of myself by standing to attention. Later into the night my brother told me what his rank was as well as who is who that comes into this place. It was a lot to take in so I may forget names once in awhile.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 07, 2013, 07:24:58 pm
*Picking up the conversatiom of a nearby group Spoon drinks till he falls unconscious*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 08:23:51 pm

(Ny-Lee) Yeah my first night here I was talking to...Zill was it? But I noticed his uniform and made a fool of myself by standing to attention. Later into the night my brother told me what his rank was as well as who is who that comes into this place. It was a lot to take in so I may forget names once in awhile.

*Jun'ko's eyes widen and laughter follows*

You did what?! Whew, I wish id of been here for that. Zill couldnt care less for formalities. You'll learn though if you plan to stick around. Certainly opened my eyes. *Grins.*

*Zill grabs a mug and chugs it.*

Ahhhh. Nothing finer than a night at the Burning Skies. Beautiful women, merry men, and all the booze this side of Anvala. Yiski! Get out of your cave and have a round.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 08:52:23 pm
*Roland hands BdrLine a towel and two mugs of Hellfire and smiles to BdrLine*

"Looks like you need them."

*Even with the increased noise, Yiski is engrossed with ensuring his two 'children' mature well. Unbeknownst to Yiski, he did leave a little bit of Hellfire next to the stove. By the time Zill was calling out for Yiski...*

*BOOM*

*All the patron turn their attention to the back room which had suddenly filled most of the saloon in a white cloud.*
*Roland, worrying Yiski's hurt yells into the back.*

"Oh heavens, that must have been a Hellfire explosion! YISKI! ARE YOU OKA...."

*Yiski immediately emerges from the cloud and puts his hand against Roland's mouth.*

Yeah, *cough* yeah, I'm okay. *cough cough* Just a little Hellfire incident. Good news, it wasn't enough to break anything.

"Yiski I wish you would not put me through all this stress."

*Yiski makes himself a mug of Clear Skies, smiles to Roland and sits down on at a table.*
*Yiski looks down and sees Spoon K.O.d again.*

Dammit! Someone get Spoon and set him on the couch!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 09:08:42 pm
*Zill sits down next to Yiski, a Hellfire in his hand.*

I havent had one of these in a long time. Wonder if I can still manage 'em.

*Takes a long swig*

Whew, time hasnt changed it a bit. Now quit blowing yourself up. Thats my job. *Laughs*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 07, 2013, 09:25:04 pm
*BdrLine thanks Roland and takes the towel and the drinks*

*he finishes drying himself off and grabs a mug of Hellfire. Not long before he takes his first sip, the explosion scared him enough that he accidentally spilled the drink on himself*

Dammit, and I thought I was the crazy pyromaniac

*a moment later the Hellfire that spilled on him started to heat up on his skin, almost burning him*

Ahh shit.....ROLAND, YISKI QUICK THAT "IN CASE OF HELLFIRE" BOTTLE, IM BURNING UP QUICKLY.

*thoughts*
Tonight's not my night

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 07, 2013, 09:27:59 pm
*The door opens and Qwerty strolls in, mask on as always. Upon seeing the commotion he pauses for a second before chuckling and sitting with the others. As he sits he is allready writing in his book*

Greetings everyone
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 09:56:08 pm
*BdrLine thanks Roland and takes the towel and the drinks*

*he finishes drying himself off and grabs a mug of Hellfire. Not long before he takes his first sip, the explosion scared him enough that he accidentally spilled the drink on himself*

Dammit, and I thought I was the crazy pyromaniac

*a moment later the Hellfire that spilled on him started to heat up on his skin, almost burning him*

Ahh shit.....ROLAND, YISKI QUICK THAT "IN CASE OF HELLFIRE" BOTTLE, IM BURNING UP QUICKLY.

*thoughts*
Tonight's not my night

*Roland reaches over and grabs BdrLine's arm. He immediately grabs the "In Case of HELLFIRE" bottle and pours it on BdrLine.*

"Good grief BdrLine. Yiski, I'm guessing this is why you have so many of these bottle laying around the saloon."

Yup. The last thing I need is either blowin' this place up or burnin' somebody alive with it.

*Yiski sees Qwerty strolling in*

Evening doc. What'll ya be havin'?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 07, 2013, 10:04:37 pm
Well I think ill have a hellfire, but i'll make a note to keep it on the inside of me.

How those new drinks comin' along? You started yet?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 10:04:50 pm
*Zill wanders to some weary looking patrons. 10 minutes later they are having an arm wrestling competition. He grins, then heads back to the bar with Jun'ko and Ny.*

Roland, another Hellfire if you will. I drink with the devil tonight. *Looks at Jun'ko.* I never did properly thank you for all the work on the Goldfish. It was no small feat to have her running again in 3 days.

*Jun'ko winks and sips her ale.*

All in a days work, oh captain my captain. *Chuckles.*

*Zill sees Qwerty roaming the Saloon*

Ahoy Qwerty. Pull up a chair and enjoy the festivities. First one's on me.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 10:13:47 pm
Well I think ill have a hellfire, but i'll make a note to keep it on the inside of me.

How those new drinks comin' along? You started yet?

*Yiski gets up and fixes two mugs of Hellfire for Qwerty and Zill and hands it to them.*

Here ya go, courtesy of Zill. And the brews are comin' along as good as they can. Probably better now with the new equipment I got this mornin'.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 07, 2013, 10:19:30 pm
Well then i'm hopinh to see something that makes this hellfire look like water in comparison then.

*Takes the mug and sits by Zill, still writing.*

Whats new with you admiral, hows the ship?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 07, 2013, 10:19:58 pm
*Papa yells to Yiski while talking to various patrons*

"Yiski, get me one of your strongest boyo!"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 07, 2013, 10:34:22 pm


*Roland reaches over and grabs BdrLine's arm. He immediately grabs the "In Case of HELLFIRE" bottle and pours it on BdrLine.*

"Good grief BdrLine. Yiski, I'm guessing this is why you have so many of these bottle laying around the saloon."


*BdrLine to Roland*

I'm just having a rough day; first I had to move a few things around my home to accommodate my sister, which led to some misfires from some fireworks and a few bruises here and there, then you saw said sister spill her ale on me to get out of talking to Spoon, which I can't really complain. Come on its Spoon. All leading up to now

*grabs the second mug of Hellfire*

All I need now is some good old alcohol to cheer me up.

*to Ny-Lee*

Ny here's my address to my house, just bring you stuff from your ship I made room for ya
*gives the address*

Just be careful of the swabbies. Can be a handful
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 10:44:52 pm
Well then i'm hopinh to see something that makes this hellfire look like water in comparison then.

*Takes the mug and sits by Zill, still writing.*

Whats new with you admiral, hows the ship?

*Zill nods to Qwerty, taking a swig of Hellfire.*

Shes up and running. Took it around the city and it felt great. Ran on pure moonshine without a hitch. Port Tar Barrel is doing well too. Much more organized than after that mess of a fight.

*He downs the remaining Hellfire in his mug and orders another.*

It burns oh so good.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 11:19:15 pm
*Papa yells to Yiski while talking to various patrons*

"Yiski, get me one of your strongest boyo!"

You got it Paradox.

*Yiski prepares a Hellfire and hands it to him.*

Don't be like Spoon and let it knock you on your ass.

*Yiski fixes himself a mug No. 3 and Zill mug of Hellfire*

Good to hear Then it caught fire is back up and running.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 07, 2013, 11:20:15 pm
You do good work admiral, those engines will be a hell of a thing to see in combat. Can't imagine how fast a squid would be with those.

*Turns to Borderline*

I could take a look at ya, but my methods of medical aid are as, experimental, as Yiski's brewing or your engineering.

OOC MOMENT

Ep 3. Is Bouncing to disk now, will upload soon

END OOC
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 07, 2013, 11:30:24 pm

*Yiski fixes himself a mug No. 3 and Zill mug of Hellfire*

Good to hear Then it caught fire is back up and running.

*Zill takes a swig of his third Hellfire*

Its so good to have her lookin' like new. I wont replace her for nothin'. She's been too good to me. You too come to think of it. That Blood Bolt of yours needed targets after all.

*To Qwerty*

I would if that friggen Council didn't stare at my orders all night and day. Sneaking the three in was easy. Seven engines would of gotten me too much attention so soon. In time though. In time.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 07, 2013, 11:37:19 pm
*Yiski is reminded during their days in the Baronies Military. The two of them together were an absolute terror in the skies.*
*Zill managed to turn the skies black with Then it caught fire while Yiski effortlessly shot down any ships with Blood Blot.*
*The memories brought a smile to Yiski's face as he takes a swig of No.3*

Ah, those were the days.

--NARRATOR--

The evening went on and everybody in the saloon was in high spirits.

Zill managed to get Then it caught fire back up and running (and set a new record for the most Hellfires in a night: 3), Yiski was excited to what effects his brews will have, Jun'ko and Ny-Lee catch up on the past few years (mostly Jun'ko telling Ny-Lee her recent adventures), and BdrLine has a clean house (even he deserves a silver lining).

Many other patrons were happy the Port was fully functional again. Everybody celebrated with lots of laughter and an equal amount of drinking.

By the time the clock hits 2 a.m., everybody has already left. Yiski let out a sigh, but the saloon needed to close for the night and he needed his beauty sleep.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 25--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 10:23:38 am
--START OF DAY 26--

--NARRATOR--

By the time Roland and Yiski wake up, the sun had already been up for an hour. Since Ny-Lee was able to stay with BdrLine, Roland came down from the spare room. He knew Yiski was still not 100% in running the saloon on his own.

As Roland approached the back room where Yiski's room was, Roland caught two distinct aromas. One smelled like the fresh winds which blew along the Baron's coast. The other, well, let us just say if not for the first aroma, Roland would have been gagging for air. From his years with helping Yiski, Roland learned one truth about Yiski's brews: The worst it smelled, the harsher the drink. And this new brew was certainly more foul than the Hellfire.

Now many of you wonder, why does the Hellfire not suffocate the patrons? Well, the stink only applies to a new brew. By the time Yiski serves it, he adds other ingredients which mask the smell, but not dilute the potency.

--NARRATOR END--

*Roland holding his shirt to his mouth as he gets into the back room.*
"Yiski, are you back there?"

*Yiski turns to Roland and smiles*
Yeah, I'm awake and I've gotta say the brews are commin' out great.

"I can tell. Have you thought of a name for your brews yet?"

*Yiski tilts his head*
Hmm.... Not yet. I'll probably figure them out when I let the other start drinking it and get their opinion of how it tastes.

"So, you're not going to try them yourself?"

*Yiski laughs*
Hell no! I've got no idea what this stuff'll do to me. Better to use the others.

*Roland gives a forced smile and thinks*
I better get Qwerty or Oliver to stop by today.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 10:39:14 am
*A loud banging could be heard from the door*

"YISKI! OPEN UP.... I NEED SOMETHING STRONG"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 10:41:51 am
And I should probably keep him from drinking it, whatever I can smell now is almost certainly lethal.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 10:50:50 am
*Looks at qwerty*

"You'd want something too, if your powder monkeys decided to load Lochanagar rounds in a hwacha.... idiots almost hit the Dean's office..... and who did they blame?!?"

*Point's to himself*

"I'm lucky they didn't take my job"

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 10:53:59 am
Then you should discipline them, I have a serum that would work well.

*Qwerty reaches inside his coat and pulls out a needle filled with yellow liquid.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 10:56:42 am
*face paling as he remembers the last time qwerty 'Disciplined' someone*

"No thanks Qwerty... I already have them running around the compound... 200 laps should fix them"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 11:03:06 am
*Zill is making his way up from the City Center. In his hand is a letter from the Council. Those damned politicians always knew how to drag an Admiral down. Despite the knowledge that the Port was rebuilding at a rapid pace, they saw fit to blame Zill for the carnage that ensued. Typical crap that never went anywhere legal wise, it was still a splinter in his mind. The Council also reminded him of his next mission up north. Zill knew it would happen in time. Ironic that they want action so fast, yet sit in their Halls and do naught for months. Zill approaches the Saloon..*

I'll give yea a punch to the gut if yea need something right now, Mr. Instructor. Heard about your incident. Higher ups were already throwin' fits. Youre welcome for saving your hide.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 11:10:10 am
*Yiski was still putting the finishing touches on the brew which smelled to high hell and heard Shink yelling from outside.*

Roland, go unlock the front and see what the hell Shink is yelling about.

"Alright."

*As soon as Roland unlocks the door, Shink forcibly opens the door, causing Roland to fall on the back.*
*Roland lets out a small grunt*

"Morning to you Shinkurex."

*Yiski steps out and sees Roland down.*
Dammit Shink! Don't run the poor man over. Now help him up.

*Yiski notices Qwerty and Zill following in.*
Mornin' feeling like trying some new brews?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 11:15:31 am
*looks to Zill*

"That was you?... I guess I should thank you then"

*Helps Roland to his feet*

"Sorry friend... I've had a bad day, and need something stiff"

*Turns to Yiski*

"I hope what you got packs a punch... I need to forget about this day"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 11:17:28 am
Oh, this will end terribly. I should prepare.

*Qwerty heads to the bar and open his jacket, the inside lined with different needles and tools. Thinking for a second he places 5 needles on the bar, then sits, ready for a drink*

Hit me
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 11:19:39 am
*Puts the rolled letter into Yiski's hand*

If it can make me forget these gasbags, I'll take one.

*Pulls a flask out and takes a swig. Then replaces it. The smell finally hits him...*

By the Skies, how on earth do you explain that?! People will start thinking you've saved a body part from all your victims in your basement.

*Gives it another big wiff...*

Dragon Tongues, Frost Crystals, Night Berries, and a fist full of lochnagar powder. Smells like my kind of brew.

*Looks to Shink*

No problem. The last moron tried telling the monkeys that Lesmok didn't work in the flamethrowers. He was outta there pretty fast...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 11:30:46 am
*Sees that Zill survived the encounter*

"I'll take a glass of that"

*Grabs the glass given to him, and proceeds to chug the entire glass in one go*

"Pretty good... doesn't look like it has much-"

*Smoke can be seen coming out his ears, and Shink doubles over in pain*

"By the gods of Anvala! Forget what I just said"

*Collapses*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 11:36:17 am
*walks in Ny-Lee and sees Shink on the floor*

Why is it that everytime I come in, you always end up on the floor?

*Smells the first brew from the back*
Mmm that smells good. What is it? Anyway I can try it.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 11:43:18 am
I wouldn't recommend it Borderline, it is what currently has our companion on the floor

*Qwerty then takes one of the needles of the desk, before sharply jabbing it in to skin's chest and sinking the plunger. With a cough and a splutter he wakes up*

Take a sip next time you fool, consider your actions and weigh their risks
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 11:47:36 am
*Ny-Lee turns to Qwerty with anger in her eyes*

How the Hell do I look like my brother. I mean where do you see anything the resembels him on me. I have half a mind not to smack you upside your head since you are fixing him. *points to Shink*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 11:49:05 am
*Sits up*

"Thanks Qwerty... That is certainly some strong stuff... You mind if I get some Hellfire instead?"

*Notices Ny-Lee*

"Hey Ny... how's livin with your brother?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 11:53:58 am
*Zill also downs his new brew in one go. A moment goes buy, and then suddenly smoke vents though his mask. He looks around and laughs.*

That could eat through Galleon armor Yiski. Wonder if it burns well in engines...

*His mind lost to thought..*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 11:55:26 am
*Looks up sharply at Ny-Lee*

I would not recommend you interfere with me or my patient miss, my humor in such matters is slight. Sit, drink, and do NOT interfere with my work

*Looks over at zill*

I swear you not human Zill
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 12:01:24 pm
*Looks up sharply at Ny-Lee*

I would not recommend you interfere with me or my patient miss, my humor in such matters is slight. Sit, drink, and do NOT interfere with my work

*Looks over at zill*

I swear you not human Zill

*Zill looks over to Qwerty's work and points at his mask.*

I dont really think I am either judging I survived whats under this. Might show you one day. I imagine that to be a rather grim page in your journal there.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 12:02:43 pm
*Yiski reads the letter*
Bah, the Council can go jump of a cliff for all I care. Course they know better than to get any of us too riled. Also, you know my brews are multi-purpose.

*Yiski then turned to Shinks episode with the  event took out a note pad and jotted down notes for the DP, FC, NB, and LP combo: Instantly causes smoke to leak from ears. High chance to K.O.*

*Yiski turns to Qwerty*
So, I'm gonna guess you'll want to try my other brew? *Yiski makes two glasses of the DR, CB, and FP combo for Qwerty and Ny*

*Yiski then makes another glass of the potent brew for BdrLine*
Let's see how you handle this BdrLine.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 12:10:11 pm
*Qwerty turns from Ny-Lee and accepts the glass, taking a small sip he braces himself for the worst*

This isn't so bad, even tastes half go...

*Looks at his hand, then back up to Yiski*

Note for you Yiski, strong hallucinogenic effects

*Starts giggling and writing in his journal*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 08, 2013, 12:12:54 pm
*Crawls up from behind a couch*

Dear god, what's that smell?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 12:17:35 pm
*Qwerty turns from Ny-Lee and accepts the glass, taking a small sip he braces himself for the worst*

This isn't so bad, even tastes half go...

*Looks at his hand, then back up to Yiski*

Note for you Yiski, strong hallucinogenic effects

*Starts giggling and writing in his journal*

Strong hallucinogenic. Check.

*Crawls up from behind a couch*

Dear god, what's that smell?

Oh I forgot you were still here. Care to try something new?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 08, 2013, 12:20:17 pm
*Crawls up from behind a couch*

Dear god, what's that smell?

Oh I forgot you were still here. Care to try something new?

*Heads over to the bar, looking at the results on the other patrons*

You know I'm always up for something strong!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 12:22:34 pm
*Turns to Spoon*

"Why are you always passed out by that couch? I might've sat on you again"

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 12:23:02 pm
*Motions for another mug of the hot stuff.*

I wont bother with hallucinations. I have enough on my mind. Lets see what two does.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 01:02:05 pm
*Looks up sharply at Ny-Lee*

I would not recommend you interfere with me or my patient miss, my humor in such matters is slight. Sit, drink, and do NOT interfere with my work

*Looks over at zill*

I swear you not human Zill

*Ny-Lee to Qwerty*

Alright, alright, doctoring is not my thing any way. Yiski can i get a Fire Frost ale plaeas?

*Sits up*

"Thanks Qwerty... That is certainly some strong stuff... You mind if I get some Hellfire instead?"

*Notices Ny-Lee*

"Hey Ny... how's livin with your brother?"

*to Shink*
Well with the night he had yesterday, he snored like a broken engie on moonshine. Plus he had a few thing lying around, almost set the house on fire for pushing a button.

*BdrLine takes the drink from Yiski*

Thanks lets see what these can do. *to Ny-Lee* and i dont snore that much

*Takes a sip, a is silent for a moment until*

Mr. Sunggles is that you, i thought mama threw you out.......You were hiding?......You want to build forts again, OK
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 01:04:23 pm
*qwerty looks at borderline*

Mind if I don't cure this one just yet? Could be funny
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 01:08:42 pm
*To Qwerty*

"Please don't cure him.... I'm enjoying this"

*looks around the saloon*

"You know... It's been pretty quiet here lately....Is this the calm before the storm?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 01:13:09 pm
*Ny-Lee*

Oh i think i must have switched drinks *chuckles*, as this one does smell. Can't believe he stills remembers him

*BdrLine*
Ok, Mr.Sunggles where do you want to make the fort?......There in the candycane forest, sure let me get the candy and use them as logs

*Bdr goes over to the corner of the Saloon and takes the table and chairs and stack them in a roughly looking fort....thing*
*In his head Mr. Sunggles is a giant teddy bear with a blue bow tie around his neck, also is a childhood bear that he had when Bdr was youger
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 01:15:42 pm
*Yiski hands Ny-Lee a Frost Fire Ale and Qwerty a Hellfire.*
*Yiski laughs at BdrLine's hallucination*

Hmm... I think I've got a name for the potent whiskey... how about... White Steam Whiskey? And for the hallucinogenic ale... Wild Wind Ale?

*Yiski sees BdrLine making his fort.*
Hmm... better restrict access to this brew.

*Turns to Shink*
Well, it's quiet because it 2 p.m. and people are mostly working. You're just here early.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 01:19:32 pm
*Watches BdrLine act like a fool..*

I wonder if that would mix with tar. Hmm..

*Lost in thought again...*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 01:20:35 pm
*Starts to get uneasy about BdrLine*

"Qwerty you should probably fix him....He's starting to get..... Disturbing"

*Turns to Yiski*

"You know that's not what I mean.... I would've expected more consequences for the battle we had.... Seems suspicious"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 01:23:27 pm
*sigh*

very well, though I doubt he'll let me near him

*Qwerty pulls out a strange custom revolver, loads a needle, and fires it at borderline catching him in the arm. Borderline slumps down with a chronic headache*

That should see him right.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 01:25:09 pm
*A flashback of the interrogation hits Zill. He stares into space as the events of that basement played like a movie right in front of him. He shakes it away.*

Shink, there's a time to fight and a time to recover. Yiski is still bruised, the port is still a mess, and BdrLine went crazy over-thinking Mr Snuggles. If a fight comes, its coming to us, not us to it.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 01:29:21 pm
"You know that's not what I mean.... I would've expected more consequences for the battle we had.... Seems suspicious"

*Yiski turns to Shink*
Again with this... As a bit paranoid as you are, there's no way their gonna come back, especially if their intent is to take me alive. Hell, short of layin' siege to Anvala, they're not gonna try shit.

*Yiski see BdrLine slumped over after being shot by Qwerty's needle gun*
Roland! Come give me a hand to get BdrLine on the couch.

*The two put BdrLine on the couch*
Alright. Roland, put the rest of the Wild Wind Ale in a barrel and set it aside in the back. Don't think I'll be serving it too often.

"Understood."

*Roland heads to the back room*
*Yiski resets the chairs and tables*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 01:33:10 pm
*Ny-Lee laughs at the sight her brother is in*

Oh my goodness,*takes a breath*, good thing i came out here again.

*To Yiski*

And what battle? Did it had to do with the docks looking like a black stain.

*BdrLine from the couch*
*mutters*

No, no i don't want the pea soup
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 01:36:00 pm
*While resetting the chairs and tables, Yiski responds to Ny-Lee, attempting to deflect the issue*

It's nothing. Just some folks looking to collect on an impossible bounty. And the docks looking black is a normal occurrence when Zill and tar are involved, which is always.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 01:37:32 pm
Actually Yiski, mind if I grab a flask of that stuff? Could be interesting for....medical....uses

*turns to Ny-Lee*

It may not look it miss, but this is the safest place in all of anvala, hell maybe the whole world
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 08, 2013, 01:39:47 pm
*Turns to Spoon*

"Why are you always passed out by that couch? I might've sat on you again"
It's a really nice couch

*Takes a chug of his mug*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 01:41:43 pm
*Defensively*

"I'm not paranoid!"

*Takes another deep drink of his Hellfire*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 01:43:14 pm
Actually Yiski, mind if I grab a flask of that stuff? Could be interesting for....medical....uses

*Yiski tilts his head, thinking. Coming to an answer he walks into the back room. Moments later he comes out and hands Qwerty a canteen of Wild Wind Ale.*

Well, if you can see this being' of use then I guess I can help.

*Turns to Shink*

You were just complaining the minute you walked in the Council was out to get ya and on day one of your job. I think that's paranoia.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 01:47:18 pm
*At that moment, five guys with bandana's on their faces break down the front door. The dust settles and they stand in a line. The supposed leader speaks.*

My little brother tells me some wise-guy fired him for doin' his job. Something about some half-wit Admiral who hangs here. Where is he??

*Zill simply speaks.*

That man would be me. I fired him for stealin' ammunition from the armory. If you had half the wits of me, you'd turn around and enjoy your life without ammunition from Anvala.

*He turns around, staring down the would-be competition.*

Who wants who?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 01:50:02 pm
*While resetting the chairs and tables, Yiski responds to Ny-Lee, attempting to deflect the issue*

It's nothing. Just some folks looking to collect on an impossible bounty. And the docks looking black is a normal occurrence when Zill and tar are involved, which is always.

*Ny-Lee to Yiski*
Oh ok *takes a drink form the Ale*

*BdrLine gets up from the couch holding both is head and arm*

What happened. And why does it feels like i been rammed by a galleon.

*thoughts*
Oh that dream felt so real, hope the others don't find out about Mr. Sunggles

*Sees the Intuders*
Who the hell?!?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 01:51:00 pm
*Watches the encounter with Zill, and Turns back to Yiski*

"The Council is out to get me!"

*Finishes his hellfire*

"Gimme some of that White Steam Whiskey..."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 01:52:04 pm
*Yiski gives a sigh and looks to Zill with minor annoyance, but nonetheless manages to smile*
*Yiski tosses Shink a flask of White Steam Whiskey*
*Yiski proceeds to take Blood Bolt down and cocking it*

I'll the joker on the far right. *Yiski pats his rifle and looks to Qwerty* Hope 'semi-lethal' rounds work. If not, you don't mind a little clean up do you doc?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 08, 2013, 01:56:59 pm
*Grabs a nearby bottle as an improvised weapon*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 01:58:35 pm
*Ny-lee looks at the bandits*

Finally some action

*gets into a ready stance with fist up

*BdrLine from the couch*

IIIII'mmm gonna lay back down and sit this one out
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 01:59:05 pm
*Steps between the two groups*

"Guys! Can't we be friends!"

*To the leader of the intruders*

"Here... This drink is on me"

*Hands him the White Steam Whiskey*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 02:01:00 pm
*Looks at yiski*

Not at all ol' man

*drawns two blades with wooden handles, they look like bonesaws, but with smooth blades instead of teethed. A black substance can be seen coating the blades edge*

Take his advice boys, you have officially fucked with the wrong crowd
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 02:05:22 pm
*The group leader gets impatient and smacks the ale away.*

Get outta' my face before I put that mug down your flakin' throat.

Im not scared of a few cuts witch-boy.

*Zill pulls Shink out of the way, tossing him over on BdrLine*

No place for peace here. You two make nice on the couch.

*Zill grips his mugs tightly. He nods to Yiski, Ny, and Qwerty.*

I did mention help, y'know Yiski. Now that I think about it, this works much better.

*He whips the mug around on the leader's head, shattering it. The fight begins.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 02:08:32 pm
*Qwerty leaps forward faster then he should be able to, his arms a blur. Dual blades swing down in a wide arc and he cuts deep into the left most assailant nearly in half, blood sprays wide and the area around the cut starts to bubble and rot*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 08, 2013, 02:10:15 pm
*Quickly hurls the bottle in the face of the guy left to the leader, a roaring scream hears as the hellfire shatters over him*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 02:11:45 pm
*Remembering White Steam Whiskey is a derivative of Hellfire, Roland grabs one of the hot charcoals from the stove with tongs and flings it at the pool of Hellfire on the intruder's face...*

*Direct Hit. As with last night's incident, the whiskey immediately exploded. Unlike last night though, this was a full bottle and the explosion caused the remaining would-be intruders to be knocked down on their backs. Luckily, Qwerty was able to ninja dodge out of the explosion. The one with whiskey on his face, on the other hand, not okay*

Huh, fast thinking there Roland. *Yiski complemented, but sighed* Looks like I'm never gonna be able to try out this new ammo.

*He eyes the leader the ground and fires a round into the leader's chest*
*A loud 'oof' could be heard and the intruder held his chest and shrieking in pain*

Huh... looks like the ammo works.

*He fires again at the screaming leader's head. K.O.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 02:12:29 pm
*Ny goes to the one on the right grabbing him, flipping him over while breaking his arm*

*back at the couch*
(Bdr) ofh the hell Zill *Pushes Shink off*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 02:14:38 pm
*Zill curb stomp's the remaining fools on the ground. One grabs his leg, but Zill just jabs him in the chest with the broken mug.*

That went faster than expected...

*His hand has a few glass shards in it, but nothing worth caring about.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 08, 2013, 02:15:49 pm
*turns around*
Some good thinking there Roland
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 02:18:53 pm
*Qwerty sheaths his blade and walks to Zill*

Come now Zill those cuts are light, but you don't need any more. Let me treat them.

*Looks to Yiski*

Don't worry doc ill clean this up in a moment, got a mixture that gets blood out of anything

*Looks to the others in the bar*

Well done, a groups not worth shit if they can't protect their own
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 02:23:57 pm
*As the group is cleaning up, movement could be heard outside*
*Suddenly 4 more people show up*

[Boss! We heard a rifle go off, are y....]

*Apparently the leader had more friends outside. When they walked in all they saw was the first 5 were downed and their leader unconscious*

*Yiski looks to Zill*

Well, it looks like there's no rest for the wicked.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 02:27:39 pm
*Zill nods and smirks*

Never a dull moment friend.

*He grabs the nearest mug and whirls it into an intruders face. The impact knocks him back and Zill kicks his knee backward, snapping his leg.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 02:29:03 pm
God damn it, all this cleaning.

*Qwerty draws one of his blades and throws it, cleaving another down. Qwerty never left his spot and now looks on with mild bordem visible in the yes of his mask*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 02:32:14 pm
*Ny-Lee goes up to one of the four and grabs and threw him into the other*

Come on this way too easy
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 02:32:27 pm
*Not wanting to miss this fight, Shink grabs his rifle, and snipes the goon to the right*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 02:32:56 pm
*Zill picks up his intruder by the neck and shoves his face into the shattered glass on the ground. One of the shards impales the man's neck, blood running on the old plank floor.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 08, 2013, 02:39:37 pm
*watches the new spectacle*

Well done
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 02:40:57 pm
*The aftermath of the second wave ended like the first: A perfect victory for the group.*
*Yiski's still pouts a little*

Still haven't seen whether these rounds and take a man down.

*Again, Yiski decides to vent his frustration by shooting one of the intruders, hitting the intruder's back.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 02:43:59 pm
*Zill peels some glass shards out of his hand. He curb stomps any squirming intruders and surveys the damage.*

Well this was a great way to vent some anger, dont yea agree?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 08, 2013, 02:53:37 pm
*stares at the scene some more, then starts looking at his hands, waving them infront of each other*

man, this was some wierd drink you gave me...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 02:54:25 pm
*Flips the safety back on his rifle*

"You sure know how to entertain.... See? I'm not paranoid at all.... something else was coming"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 03:05:01 pm
*Turns to Shink*
Nope, you're still paranoid.

*Yiski remounts Blood Bolt*
So, what do we do with this lot? Actually, give me a minute.

*Yiski heads into the back and rolls out the barrel of Wild Wind Ale with a few funnels*
*Yiski turns to Qwerty*

Ready for some medical experiments?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 03:12:15 pm
*Zill takes out a flask and takes a swig. Looks at Shinkurex*

Go watch the door for anyone else. Dont need any curious patrons.

*Wipes his hand off but the bleeding doesnt quit.*

This is really goin' to spoil my day...

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 03:15:46 pm
*Turns to Yiski*

What exactly do you have in mind ol' Yiski
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 03:22:08 pm
*Turns to Yiski*

What exactly do you have in mind ol' Yiski

Well, I'm guessing you probably have more questions as to how Wild Wind Ale works. I do too. I'd like to see what happens if a person has a few too many. For instance, the the hallucinations get more serious with each drink?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 08, 2013, 03:23:23 pm
*Moves to the entrance to the Saloon*

"I gotcha guys covered... "
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 03:27:33 pm
*Zill goes over to Yiski and Qwerty*

Ill tie em down. I have a knack for it you might say.

*He ties down one intruder to a chair, and another to a table.*

The rest are not among the living anymore. May want to figure out a place for them soon. Your newest brews smell bad enough as it is. *Smirks*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 08, 2013, 03:30:21 pm
I don't think the others need to see this. Mind if I use the back room

OOC MOMENT

Using this as an excuse to disappear for a bit, got to stream Guns soon :D

END OOC
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 03:47:04 pm
Sure thing doc. I'll leave two of them with you. Roland, help the doc get set up.

*Qwerty and Roland take two of the men into the back along with the Wild Wind Ale. Soon the intruders will have wished they died by the hands of raiders.*

*Yiski turns to Zill. The remaining intruders are bound and gagged.*

So... drop them in raider territory or hand them to the militia?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 03:58:22 pm
*Zill motions to Yiski.*

The raiders will appreciate 'em so much more. Plus I have enough eyes on me to be turning in seven bodies with the excuse of a bar fight. Council would have a ball with that one.

*Hails a messenger and sends him off with a letter.*

I have just the people for things like this. It happens more than you think, though it has been awhile.

*A short time later, eight men appear in front of the Burning Skies. A few short words and coin later, Zill sends the bodies off with them bound for the Burren.*

Now lets clean this place up so we can enjoy some civil company, shall we? *He wraps his hand in some intruder's shirt to slow his small bleeding problem.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 06:05:13 pm
*BdrLine gets up from the couch after the small skirmish, still holding his head*

Well that was a quite a sight, but I think I might just home, this headache is killing me.

 *to Ny*

Just dont get into too much trouble, after all this. You know your way back anyways.

*leaves and walks back to his docks

(Ny-Lee) Sure thing brother.

*walks up to the bar*

Roland, I don't think I drank the ale you gave me. You think you can mix me one?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 06:27:35 pm
"Sure thing, give a moment please."

*Roland fixes up another Frost Fire Ale and hands it to Ny-Lee*

*A few hours pass and the saloon is tidy once more. Fortunately no other minor annoyances popped up*

*Yiski wipes his forehead*
There everything is back as it was. *Sees the usual patrons coming in since the work day is over* And not a moment too soon either.

*Yiski heads behind the bar and starts serving*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 06:37:07 pm
*Zill takes his seat at the bar and orders a mug of No.3*

Time to settle down for the night. I feel sorry for those poor saps eating sand right about now.

*Gives a small thought.*

Not really if Im honest. *Laughs*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 07:52:17 pm
*Yiski turns to Zill*
Yeah, I can only imagine how much they've gotta be screamin' like lil' girls.

*Yiski gives a hard laugh, but it's cut short by some pain in his sides reminding him he's not fully recovered yet*

*He gives a grunt*
Anyways Zill, since the Port is up and running at full again, when do you suspect you'll be heading out because I've got a list of things you could get me... assuming it's along the way.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 08:08:06 pm
*Zill stares off into the crowd of patrons, still talking to Yiski*

Im sure it will be. Port is still only capable of trade with small ships. Regardless, itll be soon. You know me though...

*He turns around*

Ill do it when im damn well ready. *Cheers*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 08, 2013, 08:33:26 pm
*as the alcohol takes it's due toll, spoon proceeds, after a bit of rambling around in the bar, to fall down in a faraway booth*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 08, 2013, 08:48:21 pm
*Papa P walks to the bar, pats Zill on the back, and orders a drink*

"Wow, your hands lookin' rough there, boy. Did I miss anything?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 09:09:52 pm
*Papa P walks to the bar, pats Zill on the back, and orders a drink*

"Wow, your hands lookin' rough there, boy. Did I miss anything?"

*Smirks and nods to PapaP*

Yea had a few low-lifes comin' in here trying to make demands. A few mugs to the face later they weren't demanding much of anything.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 09:46:28 pm
*as the alcohol takes it's due toll, spoon proceeds, after a bit of rambling around in the bar, to fall down in a faraway booth*

*Ny-Lee sees Spoon knocked out in the booth and a little childish idea came into her mind*

Yiski you don't have a marker or some duck tape on you hmm.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 08, 2013, 09:59:11 pm
*A look of annoyance comes over Papa Ps face*

"Well shit, it seems like I miss everything around here: Docks exploding, you exploding, warehouses getting shot up, and now the bar getting assaulted... Looks like I need to leave the office more."

*Looking at Yiski*

"How are those brews comin'?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 10:46:49 pm
*Yiski turns to Ny*
I can't in good conscious let you do that to a man... however... Roland, get Ny a marker and duct tape. I'm gonna go serve Paradox.

"Wait, surely you are kidding. You know I cannot do that to a fellow patron."

Roland. You know the rule.

*Sigh* "I know. Ny-Lee, I'll be right back.

*Roland hands Ny the materials.*
*Yiski chuckles and goes fixes Paradox a White Steam Whiskey*

Careful now. This stuff apparently more potent than the Hellfire.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 11:09:11 pm
*Zill takes a swig from his flask and helps Ny with the duct tape*

He did this to me years ago. Time for some payback.

*Jun'ko walks in and joins the festivities*

D'awe, BdrLine will look so cute when hes done!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 08, 2013, 11:21:05 pm
*Ny-Lee to Jun'ko*
Does he really looks like my brother whens he drunk?

*looks at Spoon quizzically*

*To Zill*

Thanks now for some art work

*Ny-Lee then proceeds to draw a monocle around Spoon's right eye then proceeds to draw a thin handlebar  mustache*
*Then Zill and Ny-Lee tapes Spoon on top of an open wall in the bar*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 08, 2013, 11:34:12 pm
*He looks in the seemingly innocent brew, sniffs it*

seems fine..

*Taking a small sip*

*The look on his face is one of horror, he swallows reluctantly*

"D-did you put rotweed in this brew? For flak sakes, Yiski..."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 11:39:40 pm
*Zill picks up PapaP's mug and chugs it. Smoke just emulates from his mask, but otherwise no ill effects.*

Now If I can do it, you can manage one. You're half steel anyway.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 08, 2013, 11:42:01 pm
*Zill picks up PapaP's mug and chugs it. Smoke just emulates from his mask, but otherwise no ill effects.*

Now If I can do it, you can manage one. You're half steel anyway.

I think that's the problem Zill. If he drinks anymore, it might eat away all his shiny bits.

*Yiski laughs*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 08, 2013, 11:47:01 pm
*Zill ponders the thought*

That is a good point. I wonder what this stuff and hydraulic fluid do when mixed. *Laughs*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 08, 2013, 11:48:33 pm
"I didn't say I didn't like it... It's very much an acquired taste. A couple more on me, for me and my good friend!"

*The drinks arrive*

*The glass staring dauntingly at Papa P, He mans up and chugs the mug.*

*A twitch comes over him and his mechanical leg flexed right through the bar table, while steam was rushing out of his ears.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 12:41:20 am
--NARRATOR--

The moon was out in full force tonight and it started getting around the time when the saloon was emptying out.

Zill made his way back to the Port. There was still a lot of fixing to do and more tar to run.

Paradox was headed back to the HQ. He still had a lot of paperwork to deal with.

BdrLine and Ny-Lee went back to his place, but still had to be careful for any hidden fireworks lurking.

Qwerty emerged from the back and had the two intruders from earlier still bound and tailing him out the door. Yiski wondered what Qwerty had learned from the Wild Wind Ale. He figured he could ask tomorrow.

All that remained was Roland, Yiski, and... Spoon. Roland and Yiski stared at Spoon. By the time the saloon completely cleared out, Spoon has an assortment of artistic renderings all across his face. The two looked over him and chuckled. It looks like Spoon was becoming a regular boarder in the saloon.

Yiski threw a blanket on Spoon and went into his room in the back. Roland headed up stairs to the spare.

All in all, it had been a good day despite a somewhat lack luster bar fight.

Oh well... maybe tomorrow will bring in more ruffians.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 26--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 10:50:45 am
--START OF DAY 27--

--NARRATOR--

It was the crack of dawn and Roland and Yiski were still asleep until a loud...
*KNOCK* *KNOCK*

The knocking persisted until Yiski finally got up, wiping his eyes. Roland, on the other hand, was still asleep being a heavy sleeper.

Yiski mumbled to himself. Bloody skies, who the hell would wake me up this early in the damn morning? He yawned and was about to unlock and open the door. He stopped himself. Wait... this could be another trap. Yiski then went to the bar and grabbed Blood Bolt off the wall, cocked it, and held in front of him.

Yiski went to the door again and unlocked, took a few steps back, raised his rifle and said, "It's unlocked. Come in."

Silence. Yiski waited a few minutes. Then he waited a few more. Cautiously, Yiski opens the door and sees a letter pinned on the door. He gave a small chuckle.

Bloody messengers.

He opened took the letter and noticed it had the Council's seal on it. Damn. This can't be good.

Greetings Yiski,
You have been summoned by the Council to discuss the recent events which have taken place within the last month.
The Council also wishes to speak to you matters concerning a project you may be interested in participating.
Upon receipt of this summons, you will avail yourself to the Council immediately.


Yiski sighs. "Damn, what do they want with me now? Better leave something for Roland." Yiski proceeds to leave a note on the bar.

Council meeting. Probably be there for a while. Open without me.

Yiski unlocked the door, stepped outside, re-locked it, and headed for the Council's chambers with Blood Bolt in hand, just in case.

--NARRATOR END--



--HOURS LATER, NEAR OPENING--

*Roland wakes up and heads downstairs. There was an unusual silence.*
Strange, usually Yiski is up and tinkering in the back.

*Roland approached the bar and noticed Yiski's note. He cringed.*
A Council summons! These usually do not end well.

*Roland sighed, as much as he wanted to rush to the Council and see what was going on, he knew Yiski would yell at him if he didn't get saloon open on time.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 09, 2013, 11:15:04 am
*Zill walks out of Oliver's house. The long night at the Port did no good for his hand, so we went in to have it fixed up. He shakes it and moves it around. Itll do.

He is immediately greeted by a Council messenger (much to his distaste). The messenger produces another letter from them...

Our benevolent Admiral,
You are to attend a Council hearing immediately upon this letter's receipt.
While it does not pertain to you directly, your presence is requested due to the nature of the meeting.
Past events will be discussed with another citizen of Anvala, as well as a short audience with you afterwards.


Zill has been to these before. Usually some gasbag that gets sucked into a mission due to past events of varying legality. He is uneasy however, as the events of yesterday, even the past month, have been hectic at best. Better check on Yiski.

He turns, and not a second later he sees Yiski headed down the way, letter in his hand. His head sinks...

He certainly was right. No rest for the wicked.*

*He intercepts Yiski*

Do tell me that is not a Council meeting "invitation." Tell me they dont care about your past events. I dont need this crap today.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 12:09:36 pm
--Somewhere in the Garden District--

*Yiski turns to see Zill*
I've got no clue what they want. Could be anything really.

*Yiski scratches the back of his head*
The Council probably just wants to know what I've been workin' on lately to ensure I don't wipe out the West District.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 09, 2013, 12:19:13 pm
-Anvala Center-

*The two make their way to the Center. The buildings are massive. Skyscrapers and ornate paintings dominate the skyline. Airships must navigate around many of the tallest towers. The Council Hall is situated at the very heart of the Center. A circular building surrounded by a crystal floor that seems to radiate from the Hall. A flight of stairs brings them up into the Council Hall.*

The last oasis for The Burren. If only the people inside were as awe inspiring. *Laughs* Id much prefer air battle over court battles.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 09, 2013, 12:43:36 pm
--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee enters the saloon and sees Spoon still unconscious taped to the wall, she chucked and goes up to him to see if he is awake*
*She pokes him in the face a few times, he didn't budged*
*Ny then walks up to the bar*

Hey Roland, my brother kicked me out of the house today. Saying he had an idea to improve some incendiary rounds using Dragon Peppers he bought from the market. He and a few deckhands are working on it right now I think.

You think I can stay here for the day? Need any help as well?

--Docks--

*BdrLine is carrying a barrel of gun powder, he is followed by three other deckhands, two of which are carrying a crate of Dragon Peppers and the other blank bullet casings*

(Bdr) Ok guys into the warehouse, let's get this thing started, Tommy the door if you please.

*Tommy the one not holding anything goes up to the door and opens it*
(T)"Your sure this is a good idea with the Dragon Peppers again? I'm mean you do remember what happen earlier in the month with your engines right?"

(Bdr)*groans at the memory* Just because I left my bag out in the open with the peppers it's my fault, at least those three swabbies were ok. Be a while before they be back. Ok John and Allen set those things over there on that table and let's chop up some peppers.

*John and Allen proceeds to place the boxes down. All the deckhands stand back as Bdr opens the crate with the peppers in them. once open he goes to the back and brings out four gasmasks with some knieves. He hands them out to all three of them and the puts his on*

(Bdr thorugh his masks) Alright let's get chopping

*the first few hours goes as all four of them chops up the peppers*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 09, 2013, 01:12:13 pm
--The Academy--

"Alright you Bilge rats...today we are going to setup an exercise, to see who has the chops to make it in this class"

*Splits the group in half, and lines them up parallel to each other. He then proceeds to give one half Training pistols (Loaded with stun rounds of course), and the other half apples*

"I'm sure you all know the drill... You *points to the group with the apples*... Place those on your heads and let the other group shoot them off..."

*The group looks uneasy*

"Don't worry, these are practice rounds... they don't do too much damage see?"

*Proceeds to shoot one of the apples... Unfortunately, this one had live ammo still in the chamber.... The apple explodes*

"Ok... so this one was not checked properly... Jason... 50 Laps for you"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 02:37:47 pm
--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee enters the saloon and sees Spoon still unconscious taped to the wall, she chucked and goes up to him to see if he is awake*
*She pokes him in the face a few times, he didn't budged*
*Ny then walks up to the bar*

Hey Roland, my brother kicked me out of the house today. Saying he had an idea to improve some incendiary rounds using Dragon Peppers he bought from the market. He and a few deckhands are working on it right now I think.

You think I can stay here for the day? Need any help as well?

*Roland waves to Ny*
Afternoon Ny-Lee. So BdrLineAzn is running his Dragon Pepper experiments again? Well, it is a good thing then he had you leave then.

*Roland turns and sees the saloon busier than normal*
And I could use to extra assistance. Apparently, Yiski was called away by the Council early in the morning and I do not expect him back anytime soon.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 09, 2013, 03:05:04 pm
*qwerty walks in the bar, two silent figures moving in slowly behind him. These figures are hooded and not a single inch of skin is visible. On a comman they walk over to a corner of the bar and take a seat, qwerty walks up to the bar itself*

Greetings roland, Ny how are you both? A Wild Winds too if you dont mind
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 09, 2013, 04:08:17 pm
*qwerty walks in the bar, two silent figures moving in slowly behind him. These figures are hooded and not a single inch of skin is visible. On a comman they walk over to a corner of the bar and take a seat, qwerty walks up to the bar itself*

Greetings roland, Ny how are you both? A Wild Winds too if you dont mind

*Ny-Lee to Qwerty*
Why hello doctor, I'm doing fine. A mug of Wild Wind coming up. *Ny goes over and fills a mug and goes back to Qwerty, hands it over to him* I want to ask, how is your hallucinations mild to the one my brother had yesterday?

--Docks--

*the door to the warehouse swings wide open, Bdr and the other three can be seen ripping off the gas masks gasping their breath, tears coming down their eyes*

(Bdr) *gasping* I don't remember they being that strong that it goes though our masks

(Tom) Well we did went through a whole crate of those things.

(Allen)I can't imagine what will happen if we mixed them with the powder.

(Bdr) I know Al, thats why we will mix a small test. *looks at the warehouse* Ahh lets do it out here, John go back in there and see if you can try to grab a small mixing bowl, with a cup of both gun powder and a cup of the peppers.

(John) Oh boy *Puts his masks back on and went back to retreive the material*

*a little later, John comes back with the material*

(John) Here ya go Bdr *while gasping for breath*

*Bdr then proceeds to dump both the peppers and the powder in to the bowl. Behind a very large crate, Tommy, Allen, and John brace for an explosion*
*nothing happens, and Bdr calls out to them*

(Bdr) Come out you spineless fools its safe *laughs*

(Tom) Oh haha, very funny. We know you and your experiments, im surprised it didn't blow up yet.

(Bdr) You guys have no faith in me, come on lets see what this can do.
*Bdr then lits up the mixture causing to instantly com bust, with the explosion it ignited the peppers setting anything on fire*

(Bdr with his hair raised and blacken) AHH DAMMIT. QUICK GET THE EXTINGUISHERS, DON'T WANT TO BURN THIS PLACE DOWN AGAIN!!
*Bdr and the three rushes out to put out all the fires, after 1 minutes all the fires were out*

(Bdr) Well at least it works
*the three deckhands groans*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 09, 2013, 04:30:12 pm
*Looks at Ny*

More chemicals have been in my system then you could imagine, as it happens I am immune to the hallucinogen now thanks to a handy little injection.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 05:09:02 pm
--Council's Main Chamber--

*Yiski and Zill stood outside the Council's chamber. The two looked at each other. If anything, they both knew what the best and worst case scenarios to expect. At best, the Council will reprimand the two for the incident at the Port and at the saloon. At worst, Yiski and Zill would have to blast their way out of the Council building and high-tail it out from Anvala.*

*Even if the worst case is highly unlikely to happen, it didn't stop Yiski from reloading Blood Bolt with lethal rounds and handing a few rounds off for Zill's handcannon pistol.*

*The guards outside of the main chamber looked upon the two with sheer nerves. Many of the guard know of Yiski and Zill's famous abilities from their times in the military and heard their even more famous brutality when it comes to their enemies.*

*One guard turns to Yiski*

+The Council will see you now.+

About bloody time. I've been waiting here for hours.

*Both Yiski and Zill entered the main chambers. Before them were the nine members comprising of the Council.*

(1)Do you know why you have been summoned to this meeting?(1)

Well, it could be for a number of things. You really didn't make it clear in your letter this mornin'. Also, why is Zill here too? Didn't he already...

(4)Silence. The Admiral is here to observe. Nothing more.(4)

Then is this about the Port incident?

(9)No.(9)

The bar fight?

(6)No.(6)

*Yiski was obviously getting angry. As much as he wanted to yell at them, he gritted and teeth and spoke*
Then WHY am I here?

(1)We are in need of an experienced weapons expert. Your past as a military gunner and weapons inventor has proven quite useful. We were wondering if you would be wil....(1)

*This time it was Yiski's turn to interrupt*
Nope. What ever it is you want my help for, forget it.

(5)You dare refuse a request from the Council?! Such insolence! Never in the time of...(5)

*Yiski cuts him off*
Request? After how you've all treated me, Zill, and everyone else in the West District in the past? No thanks.

*Yiski turns and starts walking out. While walking out, he waves*
Since you don't have anything I want or ever need, I'm going back to my saloon. You comin' Zill? Believe the two of us need a good drink.

*The two walked out, leaving the Council stunned*
*As Yiski and Zill were walking back, they smiled and laugh*

Damn it felt good to do that. To hell with the consequences.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 09, 2013, 05:37:57 pm
--The Academy--

"Paul! Don't you dare point that gun at me!"
"Alexander! Don't make me come over there, or so help me!"

*Forms a fist and pummels his hand*

"Jason! 20 more laps ain't going to kill you, Though I might!"

Geez what in the world are they teaching these guys? I need a drink...

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 09, 2013, 05:58:50 pm
-Stairs of the Council Hall-

*Zill had a gut feeling and turns to Yiski*

Hey, y'know what, come back with me, I have something to say.

*They both make it to the doors. The guards look confused but before they have time to react Zill pushes them aside and enters the Chambers.

He points at each Council member and speaks.*

Y'know, im not just here to observe. Im am sick and tired of you pompous fools wasting good people and resources on completely worthless endeavors.

(2) How dare you speak to your Council like this!

No, how dare you useless politicians turn this great city into what it has become. I dont care what you think after this statement, but you really need to do some soul searching as to what your priorities are. If you're so self centered, that you will let this city and these people suffer for your agendas, then so be it. But dont you ever expect me to go along with what you think is the best for the Council. Ive lost my face, and much of my humanity to these false ideas of grandeur, and im sick of it. Send me a letter with your response, I dont want to hear anything else out of you today.

*The Council is stunned. But one of them manages to speak.*

(7) Youre words are noted Admiral. We will convene and send a reply on the 'morrow.

*Zill limps out with Yiski behind. He pulls out his flask and downs it.*

That was a few years overdue.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 06:13:05 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski and Zill both come into the saloon. Yiski notices the saloon is busier than usual*
Roland! I see you've managed quite well without me.

*Roland turns and waves to Yiski*
"Welcome back Yiski. Things have gone well. I have to thank Ny-Lee for the assistance. If you do not mind, I believe Ny-Lee can handle things and you can relax."

*Yiski turns to Ny-Lee*
Is that so? Well thank you for helping out. I gotta say, you're more useful than your brother.

*Yiski turns back to Roland*
You know, any other day, I'd probably hit ya behind your head. But today, I sure could use a relaxer. So let's start off by getting me and Zill some White Steam Whiskey?

*Roland grins*
Of course.

*Roland hands Yiski and Zill two mugs of WSW*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 09, 2013, 06:19:24 pm
--Saloon--
*To Yiski as he comes in*
Why thank you *she laughs at the comment about her brother* Well he can have his moments

*While Roland serves the drinks and Ny-Lee hands them out, some of the other patrons starts to wonder if any can get with Bdr's sister*
*As Ny-Lee heads to a table and gives a noticeably drunk man another drink, he grabs her hand as she starts to walk away

[Hey cutie, i know your new around here, but want to see a real man and his airship]*words slurred here and there*

*Ny-lee un-phased  by this, had something in mind for this patron*
Oh what a strong man so tell me what is so special about you*fluttering her eyelashes*

*he goes on a drunken ramble about something*
*Ny-lee puts a finger to stop him*

Oh can you be a dear and see if my shoe laces are tied

*the patron, looking pleased, look down until Ny knees him squarely in the face. From the she grabs him from the shoulder blades flipping him out of him chair on to the floor.*
*Ny-Lee standing over him in a menacing voice*

Try pulling a stunt like that again, and the last thing you will see is my fist going into your face.

*she looks around the bar and points her finger at some people*
And thats include all of you

*the spectacle and her threat quickly changed the minds of many men in the saloon*

--Docks--

*Back at the Bdr's warehouse, Bdr started to make another small mix, this time they made 5 bullet with the powder mixture*

*then they brought out a gatiling gun and set up it up along with a target outside on the docks*

*Bdr loads the five rounds into the different barrels, then proceeds to tie a sting around the trigger, he heads around the warehouse where the other three were hiding and pulls the trigger*

*the gatiling guns fire, and on contact with the target, the rounds shot through it, effectively burning the target in  huge blaze, bigger than the normal incedinary rounds*

*all four rejoiced at the sucess and started to make more of them*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 09, 2013, 06:33:47 pm
-Saloon-

*Zill and Yiski cheers. Yiski sips his, Zill chugs half.*

That felt like a long time comin'. Best case scenario is nothing happens. Worst is we'll be relocating the Burning Skies. Not sure which is the worst option. *Smirks*

*Jun'ko comes in and sits next to them*

Howdy boys. Heard you got new drinks around here. Mind sharin'?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 09, 2013, 06:34:11 pm
Greetins to ya Yiski, zill. How was the council? As up their own arse as usual? or have they suddenly gathered a shred of humanity.

Also Yiski

*Points to the two hooded figures in the corner*

The result of my experiments with your brew
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 09, 2013, 06:42:57 pm
*wakes up with a severe pain in the head, just to realise that he's taped to the wall*
What the...?   *looks at his sorroundings, sighing deeply*  Ok Spoon, you've been in worse situations that this...

*braces his legs against the wall and pushes... without any results*    damn

*A group of patrons close by bursts into laughter upon seeing spoon's efforts*
*Spoon looks up, landing his eyes on the biggest of them*

Oi, You there! You twat, wanna piece of me huh?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 06:45:02 pm
*Yiski watches Ny-Lee take down one of the patrons harassing her and gives her an applause*

*Yiski takes a swig of WSW and turns to Qwerty*
You know I was gonna ask you what you learned from the Wild Wind Ale, but *looks at the two poor souls* I don't think I need to know, not by the way those two are.

*Roland to Jun'ko*
You heard right. There's two new brews. The White Steam Whiskey and the Wild Wind Ale. From what I have seen, I would strongly recommend the White Steam Whiskey. The Wild Wind Ale has... interesting side effects.

*Yiski yells over to Spoon*
Damn Spoon, you're just now getting up? They're laughing at you because you look ridiculous. Maybe you should wash up first.

*Yiski laughs*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 09, 2013, 06:55:37 pm
*The man gets up, staring at spoon and says* what?
Spoon: You're bloody well the ugliest bloke I've ever seen in this bar... also I slept with your mother last night *starts to laugh then, turns to Yiski*

*The man, getting rather furious, runs up to spoon and proceeds by ramming him into the wall. The wall, not being made out of the best material breaks and they both tumble headlong out in the street.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 09, 2013, 06:59:13 pm
*Ny-Lee goes up to Yiski's table*
*To Jun'ko*

Interesting side effects it has* holding a laugh from the sight her brother made yesterday*


--Docks--

*As BdrLine and the group finish making the experimental rounds, he thanks them and let them have the night off*
*Bdr then proceeds to the Burning Skies*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 09, 2013, 06:59:48 pm
*Jun'ko orders up a WSW and takes a swig. Initially nothing happens...*

Hah, this is supposed to be.....

*Her eyes widen as the smoke emits from her ears. She tosses her mug on Zill's mask. It immediately catches fire and he falls back.*

WHAT THE FLAK!

*The closest patrons try to put it out with no luck.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 09, 2013, 07:03:54 pm
*As BdrLine nears the Saloon, instead of going in through the front door, he sees a hole in a wall with Spoon and another patron on the ground*
*Bdr goes over and yanks the man off Spoon*

Go back inside and i'll handle this

*Sees Spoon still duck taped*

I see that taped still holding up, hold on i'll cut you lose, and when i do i think you need to wash your face a little

*Bdr takes out a pocket knife and cuts Spoon out*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 07:10:50 pm
*Yiski watches as multiple events are making this late afternoon very interesting*
*Spoon's mouth has gotten him into trouble and Zill was on fire*

*Roland saw Zill catch on fire and immediately tossed an emergency bottle to Yiski*
*Yiski reaches in and grabs Zill and pours the bottle on his mask*
*The fire stops, but doesn't end the remaining sizzling from being neutralized*

*Yiski turns to Jun'ko*
Well, it looks like you're gonna have to work up a resistance first. Roland, get her a Frost Fire Ale.

*Yiski then turns his attention to the hole in his wall and the ensuing fight outside involving Spoon*

*Yiski still had Blood Bolt on him and was about to use it before he remembered it had lethal rounds. Yiski took his time and walked to the bar and switched ammo. He leisurely walked up to where the hole was. He sighed and pulled the trigger.*

*By now BdrLine has freed Spoon from his duct tape bondage. More importantly, BdrLine just walked into the line of fire. Good thing Yiski never misses*

*Two shots rang out. The first hit Spoon square in the chest. The second hit his assailant in the back of the head. The two men went down. Spoon still conscious. The other, face down and out cold.*

Spoon, you damned idiot! I don't charge you for staying the night here, but you sure as hell owe me repairs to my wall!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 09, 2013, 07:34:52 pm
*puts up a deranged smile as he pulls himself up*

Well, I'm still free aren't I? Hah, my plan almost worked.

*Suddenly realises the pain in the chest*
Wooaaap... *falls over*

OOC
Darn I thought I had more time, but i gotta go now. Seems like I'm out again :U
OOC
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 09, 2013, 07:37:09 pm
*Zill sits back up, his mask smoking and sizzling. Realizing its a lost cause, he tosses it off. He turns to Jun'ko.*

We need to get you some Wild Wind Ale so you can imagine my face looking less horrific.

*He orders another WSW and takes a long swig. Jun'ko, still recovering from her incident, gazes at Zill.*

I...I never knew you were actually hiding something under that mask. I feel so....terrible. *A tear falls down her face.*

*Zill notices and wipes it off.*

Its ok. Its something ive lived with for years. Dont worry yourself over it. *He see's Yiski shooting people and yells over the other patrons.* Looks like them rounds really do work. I need some for when im at the Council docks. *Smirks.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 07:41:59 pm
*puts up a deranged smile as he pulls himself up*

Well, I'm still free aren't I? Hah, my plan almost worked.

*Yiski yells at Spoon*
PLAN! What plan.... you know what I got a better idea.

*Yiski then fires two more shots into Spoon. One hits his chest in the exact same spot. The other hits him just below the waist, but just above the nether. Spoon, who is no longer smiling, limps back down onto the ground, moans and passes out from the pain*

*Yiski sighs again*
Dammit. Looks like he's staying the night again.

*Yiski facepalms and motions some of the patrons to get Spoon on the couch*
Gonna have to hire some people for the wall now.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 09, 2013, 08:11:14 pm
*After the spectacle with Spoon and the other guy, BdrLine and another patron helps Spoon to the couch*

Damn I think this will cost more than all the doors Sunderland broke down*looks back at the hole*

*walks up to the bar*
Some night huh Roland, so can you whip me up a Hellfire.

*turns to where Zill, Yiski, and the others are*

Well looks like I got some good news from all this....*sees Zill without his masks* Gods Zill wheres your mask?!?

*shakes his head and continues*

Anyways, after some experimenting I made some new incendinary rounds that instantly catches anything on fire with doubleling the size of the fire. Thanks to my Dragon Pepper mixture in the rounds.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 09, 2013, 08:45:08 pm
*Zill looks at BdrLine.*

I appreciate your discretion....
My mask caught ire and burned off, and since i refuse to wear a napkin on my face, you get the full picture.

*He finishes his WSW and looks to Jun'ko.*

How you doin'? Youve gotten quiet.

*Jun'ko looks at Zill.*

I still feel bad about your mask. *She suddenly perks up.* I may have just the thing!!

*Jun'ko runs out of the bar in a flash. Zill looks to Yiski.*

If she comes back with some girly pink nonsense, let me hide. *His head sinks.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 09, 2013, 09:53:11 pm
*BdrLine to Zill*

Sorry it's just not that many times you take that off.....wait it caught on fire?

*Ny-Lee to her brother*

While you were out there helping Spoon, things kinda got out of hand in here a bit.

*to Zill*

If I know Jun'ko it's something that looks nice but is still funtional.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 10:04:22 pm
*Yiski stares at the hole in his wall*
Goddammit, the hell am I gonna do about this? Roland, are there any more reinforced alloy plates in the back?

"Yes, I do believe there is and I think it should be large enough to cover the hole."

Alright, Ny-Lee can you look over the bar a bit while Roland and myself get this plate set? Can't close shop with it like this.

*Roland and Yiski head into the back. Shuffling can be heard along with a few unknown objects falling down*

Don't worry, that wasn't Hellfire.

*Minutes later, the two emerge with an alloy plate. Yiski gets some of the patrons to help set it against the wall, while he fastens the plate to the wall*

There, that should keep until the mornin' and I get a proper crew fixin' my wall.

*Yiski looks to Zill's uncovered face and chuckles*
And you say you aren't a looker.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 09, 2013, 10:49:10 pm
*Zill takes a swig from his flask and turns to BdrLine*

Yea Jun'ko couldnt handle the new WSW and tossed her mug on my mask. Apparently that stuff doesnt like gasmasks, and it basically combusted in my flakin' face. Funnily enough, I dont think It could do me any worse. *Smirks*

*To Yiski.*

Awe yea, I can see Ny now, always staring from the bar. Moreso out of fear or intrigue i wager.

*Jun'ko comes running back in. She catches her breath and presents to Zill the most pathetic looking mask. She cocks a smile and presents it to Zill. Out of some unknown sense of emotion (probably pity), he lets her put it on.*

There. All hidden. You look great! *Chuckles*

*Zill wasnt so sure.*

Kill me now, Dusty Mistress.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 09, 2013, 11:22:13 pm
*Ny-Lee to her brother at the bar*

(Ny) Azn how did Zill got his face to be like that?

*Bdr looks back at Zill and his worn face*
(Bdr) Many air battles and misions of long ago. Always had a mask on to cover it. When i first crewed for him, he had it on. I always wonder what was under there. Didn't know it would happen so soon when i was with him. During a routine patrol around the borders of Anvala, raiders jumped us. Oh we got out alright, but a explosion near the helm knocked him over and his mask off. I was the first there but his face was a bit better back then.

(Ny) Why doesn't he sees a doctor to try and reconfigure it? You remember back in Yesha where any person who suffer a wound like that tries to it get fix.

(Bdr) I don't really know i think he keeps it like that as a reminder or as a battle souvenir. But whats really the reason its all kept to himself and i respect that.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 09, 2013, 11:38:35 pm
*Yiski overhears the siblings' conversation and drags him and Zill over to them*
Curious about how Zill turned out like this huh?

*Yiski looks to Zill. He can't see Zill's expression under the mask, but Yiski knew Zill would rather not remember that day*
Long story short, it was a combination of bad decisions and bad luck. The only sliver lining out of that day was the fact the two of us lived to fight again.

--NARRATOR--

The night goes on, quieter than usual. The reminder of Zill's past and his mask bring up less than fond memories. Yiski cheers Zill up the same way now as he did then: Just simply pat him the shoulder and take a drink.

It's well into closing time and everybody (except for Spoon) are headed their own separate ways.

Roland and Yiski take a look at the wall patch they applied. Yiski cringed. He'll have to temporarily close the saloon tomorrow in order for a building crew to make the needed repairs.

Yiski gives Roland a few pieces of gold and sends him back to his place inside the district.

Yiski heads to his room, but pauses for a moment next to Spoon. Spoon still had all the marker scribbling scrawled across his face.

Yiski facepalms and heads to bed.

--NARRATOR END--

END OF DAY 27--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 10, 2013, 10:22:49 am
--START OF DAY 28--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski woke up earlier than usual. As he got up and mumbled a curse for having to wake this early. I bet the dead sleep better than I do. Yiski walked out into the saloon and noticed the sun was barely coming through the window. He also noticed two more things: The wall that needed to be fixed and Spoon still out on his couch.

Yiski faceplams, something which he finds himself doing far too often. Yiski tries to wake Spoon up. No luck there. Next, Yiski manages to limp Spoon's arm over his shoulders and starts dragging him out of the saloon.

Yiski drags Spoon to the nearest infirmary and drops him off at their doorsteps. Well, he's their problem now... at least until tomorrow.

Yiski then meets up with the West District's building foreman and the two come to an agreement to get the saloon's wall fixed today. Of course, that would mean the saloon would be closed and Yiski and his friends would have to find something else to do until tomorrow.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 10, 2013, 02:48:11 pm
-Narrator-

Zill woke up with a start. A nightmare of his first suicide mission, and the incident, materialized from the evening before. Hadnt had one of those in awhile. Need to get some fresh air maybe.

Knowing the Burning Skies was closed today, and the Port was in no dire need of him, he decides to go into the City Center. He puts on his finest uniform, and heads out. Maybe reminding myself why I do what I do will help ease the mind.

He heads out toward the Center through the Garden District. His Squid landing had been fixed up. He could only smirk under his mask. A few salutes here, ahoy's there. A perfect setting one would think. But the memories of the past kept sticking in like splinters. Zill chugged his flask, but no drink would ease the new-found pain. He sat down and watched the events unfold like it was happening all over again...

"It was a dark and windy night over the Black Channel. A simple mission from the Council. Find a lost ship, the Dauntless, that lost her balloon around The Teeth. No easy task was it to navigate The Teeth. For Zill is was just another path. He almost felt it was too easy for an Admiral, but he shrugged off such thoughts. He had a task to do.

His Galleon creaked under the winds. His crew was tucked away below and visibility was in short supply. As he approached the last known position of the Dauntless, lightning cracked across the Sky. It lit up the night, and Zill saw something he would never forget. Two Tesla Airships, with two Squid escorts. This was no recovery mission. It was blatant suicide. Only rumors of such vessels were spoken of, but Zill knew then that they were there for him.

Knowing he could not outrun them, he roused his crew. Only a prayer from Zill was said to their frightened souls...

By the Skies we fly this day. Off into the Sunset to give chase. May the Winds stay at our back. Our Dusty Mistress be appeased. Our Mugs ever full. Onwards ye' Dogs, Into the Fray.

Zill turned broadside and ordered all guns fire. The flash was immense. They caught one squid by surprise and downed it immediately. The next rushed in, the Tesla ships slowly behind. The Squid put flames onto the Then It Was Fixed, but a quick turn of the wheel put them square with another broadside. Only the Tesla's remained. Their lightning hulls cracked onto Zill's Galleon. The flash and fire was unbelievable. Zill shot up higher into the Sky. One Tesla followed, and was greeted with a broadside. It didnt go down with one volley, and returned the favor with cracks of light over into his guns. They were completely destroyed. Zill acted fast ordering the fires out and spinning around for the final broadside. The Tesla ship fell to the Depths, but not before its lightning streaked his remaining broadside. With no guns, and a battered crew, Zill knew his only alternative. He dropped back down to face the final Tesla. By luck, he caught them off guard when he gunned the moonshine engines and went for a ram. Brace ye fools! The crew ran below decks. Zill left at the helm, he did not intend to survive. The resulting ram was a spectacle to see. What could only be described as a "lightning explosion" streaked across the night Sky. The Tesla boat buckled under the sheer force of the Galleon's weight and presence. Its energy was suddenly released, and a crack of lightning struck Zill square in the face. The crew down below came to put out the resulting fires in a haste. Zill was among those fires.

The Galleon limped home, completely battered and still smoking when they entered Anvala airspace. Zill was barely alive when the doctors got him. Weeks went by before he awoke. Zill refused to get any experimental treatment. He only requested a mask. After that, the Council deemed his mission a success, but only within the Council Chambers. Zill knew what it would mean for his future. Regardless of their motives, he was sent there to die. Few know this story, and even less tell it correctly. Zill knows it by heart, and his mind nor face would ever let him forget."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 10, 2013, 02:53:33 pm
--Somewhere in Anvala--
*Bdr is carrying his new experimental incendiary rounds in a crate while Ny-Lee is following her brother with his rifle slinged over her shoulder*

(Ny)And what are we doing again with those rounds Azn?

(Bdr)Well they need further testing, so what better place to test them than at the Academy. Plus Shink will have a field day with them...also that's the only gun range that I know of.

(Ny) Couldn't you do that at your own docks.

(Bdr)We could but *chuckles nervously* I almost burned the place again from yesterday's testing. So we are going to the Academy for a controlled test.

(Ny)Typical of you

*Ny and Bdr keeps on walking and conversating with eachother until they get there*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 10, 2013, 06:29:16 pm
--Market District--

*Since the saloon was closed for the day, Shink decided that now might be a good time to visit the market, and pick up a few things that may have "Accidentally" broken in his apartment*

*Suddenly, a street urchin bumps into him, and before he could flee, Shink grabs him by the wrist*

"You might as well leave my money with me if you know what's best for you."

*Scared, the Urchin drops the purse, and sprints to the closest alleyway. Something about the entire incident sparked a memory deep in Shink's mind*

*It's raining.... A lone boy is weaving in and out of the market district trying his hardest to remain unseen. Hunger gnaws at his stomach, as his eyes remain locked on the prize. A juicy red apple in a small stall to which the owner has fallen asleep at*

'Now or never'

*he thinks as he darts from one stall to the next. He swoops in and snatches the apple from the stall. Unfortunately, his hand does not retract, as it is clutched in a vise-like grip of the stall owner.*

"Do you really think, I would let you get away with stealing from my stall? Now you will have to deal with the consequences"

*Terror fill's the boy's eyes, as surely this man in the doctor's mask knew all sorts of torture techniques*


*Shink walks up to the window merchant, and orders 2 new windows for his apartment, only saying a couple of words... lost in his memory*

*The boy had no hope.... Who was going to save a theif?*

"Let the boy go. Can't you see that he's hungry?"

*Saved! The boy turns to his rescuer, only to be met with a open-handed slap to the face*

"Idiot of a boy! I've see what you can do. what would make you think stealing was a good option?"

*Close to tears, the boy just looks at his savior*

*Exasperated* "Fine. Look, you have a steady hand, and speed I haven't seen in a long time. You should put it to good use. Find a ship that will take you on, and work until you can't work anymore. Now be gone with you, and hope that my friend doesn't catch you again."


*Having finished his errands, Shink found himself traveling in the direction of the Saloon*

'Oops'

*he thinks to himself, and turns around. He really missed that drink yesterday, and will have to wait till tomorrow to get his fix*

'Guess I'm stuck with the regular stuff'

*Heads off to his apartment*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 10, 2013, 08:49:31 pm
--Academy--
*BdrLine and Ny-Lee enter the main campus of the Academy and sees that its not that many people are around training, figuring that the Dean gave everyone liberty, only a small number of students and faculty remand*
*Both of the siblings walk over to the gun range and sees the range master being one of the few people here*

*Range master sees the two and greets them*
(RM) Why lookie here, isn't it BdrLine and looks like you have a guest as well. Close lady friend hmm Bdr

(Bdr) No Mac not a close lady friend per say in a sense like that, but she is my younger sister Ny-Lee. We are here to see if we can try out some new rounds I made yesterday. Willing to open up to us?

(RM) Sure I'm always open to you, knowing your history with your experiments. Glad you are doing it here so the city won't have to fix any more damages you caused *hearty laughs* But the range is open, I'm just stepping out for lunch and i doubt anyone will come here today. Stay as long as you want, I be back later.

*As Mac the range master leaves, Ny-Lee sets up by loading a few rounds into the rifle, while Bdr at a control panel controls the different pop up targets. both spends a few hours checking the properties of how well the rounds work*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 11, 2013, 12:24:18 am
*After some more test firing, BdrLine and Ny-Lee started to pack up and head home*
*During the walk home, there has been a question on Ny-Lee's mind that she been itching to ask*

(Ny) Can i ask you something?

(Bdr) Yeah shoot.

(Ny) Well... Azn what did happen to you after your call from He Tower?

*BdrLine stops in his track as he looks back at his past after he left home*
*In his memories nothing really stands out as most were him doing basic maintenance on the different merchant ships, but one memory stands out in his mind*

--Dunes--(3 years ago)

*Simple merchant ship just out carrying goods from Yunin to Nalm*

*Its being flanked by a scout squid sent to escort the merchant ship as well as protection*

*Out of a sandcloud, two raiding pyramidions charged out towards the small group.*
*The squid went out and distracts one of the pyras, but while one was on the squid, the second headed for the merchant ship*

*During that whole ordeal, the ships only engineer, BdrLine, was struggling, he wasn't used to being shot as well as the massive damage the ship was taking. A few times the ship went down if it weren't for the ships gunners to finally kill the pyra. After that ordeal, he vowed to never cracked under pressure again*

*From Nalm, he heads out to Anvala, where he meets the friends he has today while gaining the experience that he has now*

--Presant--

*As both siblings were walking home, Bdr recalls all the events to his sister, feeling like a load has lifted out of him finally able to talk about his past experience*
*While Ny-Lee listens, she grows a stronger respect she has now for her brother*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 11, 2013, 12:30:06 am
-Narrator-

Zill shakes his head and peers through his dusty mask. In what felt like an eternity in his mind, was only a few minutes. People were about their daily lives. He bowed his head and took a heavy breath. All these years and the wounds still feel fresh.

He gets lifted up by a familiar face. Jun'ko was standing above him. She got Zill to his feet and they walked the better part of the entire City Center. She knew he was down from the previous night. Even Skyraider would of seen that. But she hated seeing anyone, especially her captain, down in such a dark place.

After the day's events, they parted ways and Zill made his way to his "lavish" accommodations. He had his own place outside of the Center, where he could relax away from the lifestyles of so many who thought themselves "better." Still, a few flasks later, Zill was fast asleep.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 11, 2013, 01:54:26 am
--NARRATOR--

As the day went on, Yiski found himself wandering around the entire city. Usually if the saloon was temporarily closed, Yiski would crash at Roland's place, but today, he felt as if he needed to walk.

Many thoughts come up in his mind. Surprisingly, it's not about the recent events which have taken place in the past few weeks. Rather, Yiski looks back to his past when he served with the Baronies Military and before.

He thinks back when he first joined the academy. The memory brings a smile to his face. He was the best the academy had seen and even today still holds majority of the records.

He thinks about the first time he and Zill had teamed up. It causes him to chuckle in an almost melancholy tone. The two had been a terror in the skies (and still are), but remembers the event which caused Zill's current face disfigurement.

What he thought about most though was he first met Micheal. The two had been childhood friends and joined together in the military. The two had a hell of a competitive streak against each other.
By the skies, the only reason I was the best gunner was because he was always right behind me waiting to surpass me.

He also remembered how heartbroken was when Micheal's wife died giving birth to Roland.
He never really recovered after that day.

Eventually, Yiski stopped walking when he remembered the day when Micheal died. He still remembered that day. Yiski was on leave and watching Roland because Micheal was sent on a scouting mission for raider activity. A knock came on Yiski's room in the barracks. When he opened the door, there were two officers standing before him. Roland stood shyly behind Yiski. Before the officers could speak, Yiski preempted them.
He's not commin' back.

Both officers nodded in acknowledgement and simply walked away. Roland, only about 7 then, tugged on Yiski's arm and asked.
Who's not coming back?

It would be a few years before Yiski could answer, but eventually Roland came to understand. Since then, Yiski became (and arguably still is) Roland's primary guardian. Initially, Roland pressed Yiski about his father since he didn't spend to much time with him, but against Yiski's silence, Roland stop pushing the issue.

Yiski gives a long sigh.
I guess I should tell Roland.

By the time Yiski gets back to Roland's house, it early in the evening. Yiski knocks on the door and, moments later, Roland opens. Before Roland can get a word out.
I think it's about time I told you about your dad.

Roland's eye widens as if he was always anticipating the day Yiski would tell him all the stories about his father.

As Yiski retells of his past with Roland's father, the night goes on.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 28--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 11, 2013, 11:59:59 am
--START OF DAY 29--

--NARRATOR--

Roland and Yiski leave Roland's house and head for the saloon. What waited for them at the saloon was a surprise. Not only was the wall fixed, but apparently the foreman added a few "extra" reinforcements to the wall to prevent future holes.

Yiski gave a nice chuckle.
Well, looks like paying the foreman a little extra gold went a long ways.

The two enter the saloon.
Yep. Same ol' crap it was then. Hmm... maybe I should use the rest of the gold to fix her up.

--NARRATOR END--

*Yiski turns to Roland*
Looks like we got to make up for yesterday's break, you up for it?

"Always."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 11, 2013, 12:33:32 pm
-Narrator-

Zill wakes up to knocking on his door. A messenger holding a parchment with the Council Seal on it. He begrudgingly took it from the man and sent him off. Upon opening the letter came a sigh of relief....

"Our Dearest Admiral,

After considerations from all parties involved, no further action will be pursued upon Citizen Yiski. All statements have been noted, and will remain here within the Council Hall.

Despite your reservations, we still request that you are ready for your next assignment to the North within the week. Failure to comply will force us to reconsider our previous judgements."

Saved one way to die another. Aint life grand?

Zill makes his way to the Burning Skies to check up on the place and deliver the news to Yiski

-End Narrator-

*Zill opens up the door and surveys the surroundings. He notices the newly reinforced wall and smirks*

Wonder how long that will last with ol' Spoon stuck to it.

*He walks up to Yiski and hands him the letter, followed by an order for No.3*

Looks like we still have some use to 'em. Me arguably more than you, thanks to that damned mission.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 11, 2013, 12:44:55 pm
*Excited. Shink walks into the saloon closing the door behind him.*

"Hey Guys! Yiski... I could really use some of your White Steam Whiskey"

*Proceeds to sit at his corner table. Oblivious to the serious demeanor of both Zill and Yiski*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 11, 2013, 01:14:43 pm
*Roland responds to Shink*
Wait a moment please.

*Roland hands Shink a WSW*

*Yiski reads the letter Zill handed him*
Figures, the Council couldn't bury you in sand, so now they try and attempt to bury you in snow. I don't know why you still listen to them. Hell, based on our reputations in Lord's Leap, even I could pull rank over the bloody Council and I'm a civie now. But knowing you, you're still gonna listen to those bastards.

*Yiski fixes up himself and Zill an mug of No.3*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 11, 2013, 01:27:58 pm
*Zill blankly stares, taking a nice long swig of his No.3*

You pullin' "rank" after our little display wouldnt go over so well. You know we've been 'round the world, and theres not a better place than Anvala. They will have to kill me if they wanted me to stay away. Though they seem to like trying dont they? *Smirks*

But I also do it for these people. They werent on the wrong side of our guns at any point, so they generally dont try to kill us. *Laughs.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 11, 2013, 01:35:04 pm
*The somber mood dawns on shink a little too late*

"Hey guys... What's happened while I was gone? Seems like a Burren Sand Slug has latched onto your innards"

*Takes a swig of the WSW. Steam starts to trickle out his ear*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 11, 2013, 03:26:02 pm
*BdrLine opens the door and sees that Zill, Yiski, Shink, and Roland are in*

Heyo guys. Good to see that this place is patched up. So anything new happen while since I wasn't here?

*sees Shink and the steam comin out of his ears*

Man and I thought Hellfires were rough, but since I'm here, Roland you can whip me up one of those.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 11, 2013, 03:33:56 pm
*Sees BdrLine*

"Hey... word of warning... don't chug it all in one go... not healthy, and qwerty isn't here to help"

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 11, 2013, 03:43:03 pm
*To Shink*

Well It can't be worse then the other one right?

*BdrLine thinks back to his dream with Mr. Sunggles and really hope no one found out about him*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 11, 2013, 03:44:24 pm
*Roland sees BdrLine*
"Afternoon BdrLineAzn. And one White Steam."

*Roland hands BdrLine the WSW and turns to Shink*
"I would appreciate it if you did not turn into the Sgt. Spoon. I do not believe we can take another boarder."

*Yiski laughs with Zill*
They may not like it, but they know better than to make idle threats against us, even individually. For one, you'd be able to fly around the damn whole fleet in a galleon. Two, I have guns.

*Yiski takes a gulp*
But I'll agree with you, I wouldn't want to be anywhere else than Anvala.

*Evil grin goes across Yiski's face*
Heh... maybe we should take over the Council and run Anvala. I'd imagine the higher ups in Lord's Leap would approve of it. Heard they're getting tired of our Council's bullshit.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 11, 2013, 04:00:03 pm
*Zill finishes his drink and acquires another round.*

Ah yes, the Galleon...

*His tone gets a little lower.*

Havent taken her out since...well you know. Might be high time for her to stretch those gasbags on the next endeavor.

*The thought of Yiski and him running Anvala consumes him for a moment, then he laughs and takes another swig.*

That would be quite the story. Im no city manager though. The damn Baronies are just sick of me doing Northern missions and I dont blame them. They always lose some fine ale when I go through. *Smirks.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 11, 2013, 07:09:39 pm
*Yiski pats Zill on the back*
Sorry friend, didn't mean to make you remember that day.

*Yiski gets up and makes the two of them a Clear Skies*
This always does manage to cheer folks up. Figures we could use some.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 11, 2013, 07:32:25 pm
*Zill takes a drink.*

Its no trouble. Im reminded everyday this mask goes on.

*He gives Yiski a blank stare.*

If we keep up like the last month this will be my regular drink. *Laughs.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 11, 2013, 08:17:41 pm
*BdrLine takes the WSW from Roland and looks at it*

Hmm, *to Shink* so you are sure to not chug it all down?

*As he ponders whether or not to drink this concoction, he decides to do so anyways and takes a sip*
 
Well here goes

*A while has pass and nothing has seem to be happening, then a small smile comes upon his face as he proceeds to down the whole mug*

Man Yiski, this a lot better then your Hellfires, don't know why the rest of you guys steam up when you drink them 
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 11, 2013, 08:43:56 pm
*Walks in, lookin' a bit out of sleep.*

"So whats on the menu tonight? Bar brawl? Gang fight? Anything? I really need to get outta the office..."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 11, 2013, 09:56:05 pm
*Yiski turns to see Paradox. Yiski can see the bags under his eyes and, though he couldn't tell, thought his mechanical parts were already beginning to rust*
By the skies Paradox, you look like someone just dug you out of the sands. Give me a second.

*Yiski goes and prepares Paradox a Clear Skies*
This always does the trick.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 11, 2013, 10:09:44 pm
*Having finished his drink, he was feeling invigorated within minutes*

"Ya still haven't answered my question, any mayhem on the agenda?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 11, 2013, 10:15:27 pm
*To PapaP*

Not what I've seen, been pretty calm for a while

*After a few minutes, a small rumbling can be heard in BdrLine's stomach*

Umm Yiski, i think i may have found a second side effect for the WSW. Since the actually steaming didn't occurred for me, lets say i need to use the head REAL fast.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 11, 2013, 10:17:55 pm
*Yiski gives a deadpan look to Paradox*
With a new and reinforced walls, no... no mayhem... at least for right now. I actually like seeing a fresh coat of paint and the walls actually looking decent. We'll do a stress test of the walls later.

*Yiski turns to BdrLine as he runs for the toilet*
Huh... gotta make a note of that.

*Yiski looks around and doesn't see Ny-Lee with BdrLine*
Hey! Where's Ny at? Is she still doin' some sightseeing?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 11, 2013, 10:28:43 pm
*From the facilities*

Oh Ny she'll be coming in a few, she wanted to fix up a few things that were laying around my docks. Something about its dangerous to leave flamer fuel next to the the generator or having some moonshine out in the open for people to drink while working. I don't know it, as i don't see any problem.

*As BdrLine is still in the head enters Ny-Lee*

Ugh how does my brother not see his docks is a potential hazard zone, i mean really he has a whole string of his experiment and ammunition just laying around.

Sorry you had to see me like this but i really need a frost fire

*She heads to the bar and just lays her head down*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 11, 2013, 11:23:34 pm
*Zill chugs his Clear Skies and orders a WSW*

Jeeze Ny you look worse than i do on a good day. Find anything alive on that old place of BdrLine's?

*He turns to PapaP*

And you look like that old Junker we buried in the sands, 20 years after we buried it. *Laughs*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 11, 2013, 11:34:45 pm
*Roland turns to Ny*
"You certainly look in need of a drink, but I think a good Clear Skies would help more."

*Roland fixes up a CS for Ny*

*Roland turns to Paradox*
"Heavens PapaParadox you definitely need a drink, and I think something for your parts too. Those definitely need some help. Yiski, do we have anything for mechanical parts?"

*Yiski turns to Roland*
Hmm... I think I do give me a sec.

*Yiski gets up and walks into the back room. A few minutes pass until Yiski comes out with an oilier. There's a label on it which reads: NEVER USE THIS FOR MECHANICAL PARTS*

I know what you're thinkin'. The oilier's clearly says not to use for parts, but that's just I don't want to mix its contents with what's in the stills.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 11, 2013, 11:51:13 pm
"Flak it, give her a shot"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 12, 2013, 12:10:10 am
--NARRATOR--

Yiski places the oilier and applies the unknown brown substance on Paradox's mechanical joints. When Yiski is done, everything seems to be okay.

Huh...

"Were you expecting something to blow up Yiski?" Roland asks.

Yeah, I thought everything here explodes or at least sizzles. Now I wonder what the hell this stuff is.

Paradox wasn't paying attention to the conversation. He was amazed first off he didn't explode or melt. Second, the liquid worked better than the high end oils he got (perks with being a CEO of a major trade company).

Well... ... then a feint, but slight whistling could be heard. Even over all the noise and conversations around them, the whistling could be heard.

Every single soul in the saloon went quiet, but the whistling continued. Yiski leaned into try the find the source of the whistling. It was coming from Paradox.

Immediately, everybody thought the worst: Paradox was gonna blow up and his body would become deadly shrapnel.

EVERYBODY! GET COVER!

Pandemonium struck as patrons were flipping tables over to protect themselves. Yiski grabbed Roland and ducked behind the bar. BdrLine, Ny, and Zill followed quickly. Shink froze for a second before ducking behind the couch.

Poor Paradox just sat in the middle of the saloon... waiting and whistling.

Minutes felt like hours as Paradox's parts kept whistling. Soon the whistling started getting louder and eventually sounded like a teapot boiling.

WHISTLE...WHISTLE...WHISTLE...WHISTLE...

Soon, it stopped all together. Again, silence still draped the saloon. Paradox immediately checked himself. Everything was still functioning.

Yiski came up over the counter, took a look at Paradox and smiled.

How's that for your mayhem?

And the saloon erupts in laughter, not truly realizing the averted disaster.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 29--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Lord Dick Tim on March 12, 2013, 03:28:29 am
Wether it was dusk or dawn, the sky was afire as she rose or plummeted into the blue sending a screaming hail of angry colors across the sky as he waited for the Burning Skies to open.  He smelled of dust, oil and sulfur, the grime of travel in the folds of cloth and skin so thick that it left a cloud about him with each shambled step.
His leg seemed lame, a cane in one hand of solid brass cracked heavily on the floor boards as he moved, lines of pain long since carved into his face like rivers running down mountains spoke of the torturious legacy this burden caused him.  His hair was thin and long, a balding pate and complexion tanned like leather in the harsh desert, blasted by biting sand and frozen till cracking like the glaciers in the bitter cold north.
His eyes peered through the windows for a suitable place to sit, hard small things of a faded gray like flint, cruel in the way they judged a person instantly, predatory in the way they leered like a beast on fat prey.

That cane is what most would know him by, the head shaped like a whale breaching out of a metal sea.  Captain Timothy, mad tim, the cloud whaler.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 12, 2013, 10:45:26 am
--START OF DAY 30--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski and Roland decided after last night's event and the effort to reset all the furniture, to sleep in to almost noon.

Yiski yelled up to Roland that he was gonna check the inventory and that Roland should make sure the everything is set and open up.

When Roland was satisfied the tables were back in place, he walked up to the door and unlocked. Just as Roland was opening the door to step out for some air, a man nudged the door enough to surprise Roland, causing him to quickly shuffle backwards. Roland looked at the man. Sure, Roland had started working at the saloon fairly regularly now and knew many of the regulars, but he had seen him before.

"Yiski," Roland calls out, "I believe we have a new patron."

Yiski came out from the back and saw Roland helping the man to a table. Yiski walked up to the man, took a better look at him, and finally gave a small grunt.

He's not knew, but more of a rare sight. Yiski looks to Roland. Roland let me introduce you to Lord Dick Tim or Mad Tim to some, captain of the 'Cloud Whale' and self possessed nut who believes cloud whales exist.

Yiski walks back to the counter and fixes up and odd drink. Roland has never seen fix this particular drink before. The liquid was crystal clear, but had small white spots inside. Yiski handed the drink to Tim.

Here's your usual, just the same as always.

Roland taps Yiski on the shoulder. "What is that drink?"

The Cloud Whale. Named and made only for him.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 12, 2013, 11:51:23 am
-Narrator-

Zill woke up rather rough; the last night was awful for sleep. Too much on his mind. Too much to do today. The nightmares were still there, but upon opening his eyes, the light simply hurt. He downs a flask to overcome this unique pain and forces through. Its going to be a long day.

Outside can be heard the tapping of rain on everything nearby. Civilians clamor for shelter. Zill puts on his blackened outfit and makes his way to Port Tar Barrel. It was time to finish what was started. He also had a few plans in mind. Im going to prepare proper for whats to come.

-End Narrator-

*Zill makes his way to the Port. The time past since his last visit has done it well. Despite the rain and tar stains, everything seemed to be working well. Medium trade ships could be seen docking, even in this weather. A few steps into the old Port and everyone was glad to see him. They wanted to show off the progress.*

A fine job 'ye dogs. I have somethin' special planned for this Port in the coming days. Make ready for the largest ships in the fleet. We will make this a proper Port again yet.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 12, 2013, 12:51:41 pm
--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee enters that saloon with a overcoat and a small parcel*
*She goes and sits at the bar and turns to both Yiski and Roland*

Hey guys, thought i can stay here with this weather going on

*To Roland as she spots Lord Dick Tom*

Do you know who is that? I never seen him here before.

--Docks--
*BdrLine is at the docks where he is tying down some crates so that they don't wash away*
*He sees Zill comes in and sees that the workers are working a little extra harder, he goes up to him*

Nice weather we have huh Zill *laughs*. But from the looks of these workers, something big is happening i guess. So need me to do anything to help out?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 12, 2013, 01:12:42 pm
-Docks-

*Rain pouring over his mask, he turns to BdrLine*

Finest weather for our dusty City. Its about time we got a little wet if yea ask me.

*He noticed the added step in each of the dockworker's work that BdrLine points out. Then he addresses his offer.*

Yea, you could coordinate the cleanup of the largest docks here in the Port. I plan to bring in a little somethin' for my coming mission up North. They wont get anythin' done any faster if they are an unorganized mob.

*Jun'ko runs up through the Port gates and joins the group.*

Heard you had some plans, oh captain. I had to see it for myself even in this miserable weather!

*Zill smirks.*

Good to have yea. Coordinate with BdrLine, and then my Squid in the warehouse needs a few gun placements. Many thanks sweetheart.
 
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 12, 2013, 01:16:04 pm
-Saloon-

*Yiski turns to Ny*
Of course you can. Plus, you bein' around makes things a bit more lively.

*Yiski looks over to Tim*
For him, that's Captain Timothy of the 'Cloud Whale'. Don't mind him too much, he's got the crazy notion that cloud whales actually exist.

*Roland approaches Yiski and Ny*
"Oh, hello Ny-Lee. I guess you are going to stay here out of the rain? Anyways, Yiski, we seem to be low on a few things and I am not sure we would have enough supplies for the rest of the day."

Yeah, I noticed it too, but what can you do? The weather's not gonna cooperate.

"Weather aside, I plan on going to the market."

*Yiski scratches his head*
Well, if you're so dead set on going out, take an umbrella and the hand cart from the back. And be careful. Don't need you gettin' sick on me.

"I will be fine Yiski."

*Roland grabs the umbrella and hand cart and sets out for the market*
I swear, he's a lot like his mother.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 12, 2013, 01:29:50 pm
*passes Roland as he enters the saloon*

"Hey Roland. be careful out there, it's raining as if it were using a hwacha"

*enters the saloon seeming a little distracted than usual. Over the past couple of days, memories have been springing up when he least expects them to. He walks up to Yiski.*

"Could I get some Hellfire?"

*Turns to sit in his usual seat, but see that a newcomer has already occupied it. Shink scratches his head, and moves to sit somewhere else*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 12, 2013, 01:54:40 pm
--Docks--
*BdrLine snickers a little at the sound of sweetheart*
*He then turns to Jun'ko*

Alright i guess we can divide the workers into small groups so that they won't be scrambled all over the place. I think i have something as well back at my warehouse to clean up the rest of the tar. Maybe you can overlook things while i go back and get it? I'lle be back and i continue helping you out. Once we are done we can go work on that squid.

--Saloon--
*Ny-Lee to Yiski*
Why thanks, but i think that already people are tying to stay alive in this place more*chuckles*. So cloud whale, i only heard of them from bedtime stories my parents use to tell me when i was smaller.

But, can i get a frost fire, can never have too much of those.

*sees Shink*

A little down from the weather or is something up?

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 12, 2013, 02:11:23 pm
-Saloon-

*Yiski fixes up a FFA for Ny*
Here ya go. So, is BdrLine and Zill still working on gettin' the docks fixed?

*Yiski sees Shink walk in*
Well look at you. You look like you've been swimming. Go dry off. Can't have you bringin' in a tsumani.

-Market-

*Roland arrives the market. Despite the rain, the all the stalls are open*
"People need to make a living."

*Roland proceeds to a few stalls and picks up the necessary supplies. Eventually, the cart is filled with supplies, enough for about a week. Before heading back, Roland decides to grab today's news and makes his way back to the saloon.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 12, 2013, 02:53:17 pm
-Docks-

*Jun'ko nods to BdrLine and gets started getting the dockworkers into designated groups for the cleanup.*

Put your backs into it gents! Anvala demands it from you!

*Zill goes into the Dockmaster's office. Due to the last Dockmaster taking bribes, he was long gone after the explosion. Zill gets a messenger and gives him a parchment bound for the Council Docks.*

Make sure they get that. It is of the utmost importance.

*A loud thundering noise can be heard outside as water starts rushing in from a cracked levy on the western wall. Zill runs outside and Jun'ko is fast behind him.*

Men to me! This must be diverted back to the outer wall! Dig a trench and patch the levy!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 12, 2013, 03:29:00 pm
*Thunderclouds black out the sun. The boy is running along the top gang-way of the airship "Shark Bait". There is no visibility through the rain, and the captain calls for a flare to be sent out. A gun goes off, and the night is illuminated in an eery green glow*

"Contact! 3 O'clock Low!"

*Only one thought goes through the boy's mind.
'Raiders'. The boy runs down to the main deck, to help with loading the side guns*

"Get ready for a fight, boy"


*Shink finally notices Ny-Lee and Yiski looking at him*

"Hey guys, I'm fine... just a little.... distracted"

*proceeds to go to the washroom and dries off*

"Yiski, how bout that Hellfire?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 12, 2013, 04:06:05 pm
*Yiski gives Shink a look when he gets back*
You sure you're okay Shink? You kinda stood there for a few before drying off.

*Yiski hands Shinks a Hellfire*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 12, 2013, 04:22:35 pm
*takes the drink, and downs it in one go*

"Yeah I'm good... these memories keep popping up, and I feel like there is something important that I'm forgetting."

*The Hellfire starts to take effect. Looks to Ny-Lee*

"Hey Ny, wanna play a card game? I'm sure we could rope that stranger in on it..."

*Looks at the man in the corner table*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 12, 2013, 05:02:37 pm
*Roland returns to the saloon. Consequently, he's soaked because the umbrella broke on the way back.*
*Yiski sees Roland soaked with the supplies*

"I'm back Yiski. I got enough supplies to last for a week." *Roland sneezes*

By the skies Roland, you'd better get dry and change clothes. Can't have you getting sick. I'll get the supplies in the back.

*Yiski turns to Shink before heading into the back*
Shink, that man is Captain Tim. Anvala's resident mad man. I'd advise not involving him... in anything.

*Roland heads upstairs to dry and change and Yiski takes the cart into the back and organizes the supplies*
*Moments later Roland comes back down, but he's still sneezing. Yiski yells from the back.*

Roland! You better drink a Clear Skies!

"Is... is that really necessary?" *Roland's hesitation is understandable. He's never been one to handle alcohol well.*

Yup. I don't have any cold medicine and the Clear Skies is the next best thing.

*Roland sighs and makes himself a Clear Skies.*
"Bottoms up."

*Roland downs the drink and hopes nothing happens to him*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 12, 2013, 05:13:25 pm
*Looks over at Tim*

"Fair enough"

*sees Roland down the Clear Skies*

"Aw Roland you'll be fine... Clear Skies is a pretty tame drink"

*Shink starts to shuffle the deck, It's clear from his face, that he's lost in thought again*


Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 12, 2013, 05:27:20 pm
-Docks-

*As the Jun'ko and the dockworkers quickly dig a makeshift trench to hold the flood of water away from the docks, Zill and a few men quickly shore up the weakened levy. Shortly after, Zill orders everyone to their warehouses to dry off, warm up, and have a round on him. Him and Jun'ko shore up in his warehouse, the rain coming down hard on the metal roof.*

*Zill turns to Jun'ko*

Where is BdrLine?

*Jun'ko shrugs*

I havent seen 'em since he went to his warehouse.

*Zill stares*

Well its not in flames so he must of just gotten lost in there. This damned storm is going to slow things to a crawl here till it passes.

*Jun'ko chuckles*

True, but now we can work on the squid since its here. Remember, no rest for the wicked. *Winks*

Aint that the truth.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 12, 2013, 06:54:07 pm
*Stumbles out of the front door of the infirmary, waving off the nurse in the doorway.*
*Looks up across the somber sky*

Darn, such a heavy rain in the Burren? It was long since last time... Where the hell am I anyway?
*Limps across the square to a back alley, the horrible condition of the drain pipes above him giving him regular showers.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 12, 2013, 07:39:53 pm
*After drinking the Clear Skies, Roland feels better, but does start to feel a bit dizzy*
"Curses... this is why I never drink..."

*Yiski comes out from the back and sees Roland swaying around. Yiski grabs Roland to steady him.*
Okay, so maybe it wasn't the best idea for you to drink. You should probably head back upstairs and get some sleep. It'll help with both the cold and the alcohol.

*Roland shakes his head*
"No, no... I can still work. You still have yet to fully recover and you..."

*Before Roland can finish, Yiski pushes him up the stairs and into the spare room all the while talking to him*
Recover? Roland, there are some things that can't be recovered. Damn why'd I say that. Besides, I'm feelin' much better compared to you. Now get some rest. You're worth more to me healthy than sick and dizzy.

*Roland was silent. Yiski was right. Without more protest, Roland walked to the bed and immediately fell on top of it*
Heh... yup just like his mother.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 12, 2013, 08:17:30 pm
*Swooosh, as yet another mass of wather almost drowns him*
God dammit. I can't have it like this. Were's the god damn docks? Hrmm, maybe if I try to get a better view.

*Grabs a nearby pipe drain and proceeds to climb it with great difficulty, slipping and loosing grasp several times. On top of the roof he looks out across what is supposedly the town below him.*
Well, this helped me a bit, still can't see the god damn dock though.  *Procceeds by jumping of the onother roof*

*Suddenly a muddled roar can be heard across the sky. As he looks up, a lightning strike appears, shortly followed by yet another one. The roar can yet again be heard echoing across the sky. As a third ligtning strikes, the clouds become increasingly illuminated. Up there, suddenly, a silhouette can be seen. A vast mass crosses the sky high above him, letting out an even stronger roar of raw fury, twisting it's massive body as it thrusts itself forward, plunging itself into the abyss behind him*
*leaning back with jaws open he takes one step to many, looses his footing and slips of the roof in a shout of despair, landing in the alley beneath.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 12, 2013, 09:51:47 pm
--Docks--
*Enters BdrLine into Zill's warehouse, drenched and wet*

Sorry i couldn't come back to help. Had another levy problem back where i was at. There should be no problem over there anymore, myself and a few guys patched it up. SO how about that squid now?

--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee to Yiski*

Thanks for the drink, but yeah last i saw, my brother is out there helping out Zill. He told me that he felt that something big is happening.

*Sees Roland as he goes upstairs, more to herself*
Man Roland can't handle a little alcohol* chuckles*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 12, 2013, 10:33:26 pm
*Yiski to Ny*
Well poor kid never did have a tolerance of alcohol. That's really the only thing similar between him and his dad. Really, Roland's just like his mother, Maria.

*After Yiski says it out loud, he remembers Maria and the day she passed. Yiski's face gives a small tell of regret.*
*Suddenly a bolt of lightning snaps Yiski out of his daze*

*CRACK....BOOM*

Anyways, it looks like we're in for on hell of a storm. If it gets any worse, I like for you to stay here the night. Not gonna let a lady walk into that nightmare.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 12, 2013, 10:34:44 pm
-Docks-

*Zill looks up from the rear gun mount*

About time BdrLine. Good to hear about the other levy. Storm is a mess out there. Help us with the front mount would yea?

*Jun'ko pops her head out of the hull area*

Dry off and have a round. *She points to a large barrel with a few mugs on it.* Then yea that front mount needs some workin'.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 12, 2013, 10:53:05 pm
--Docks--
*Bdr goes over to the barrel and grabs a mug, as he is drinking he spots a towel and dries himself off*

Thanks i needed that *as he finish his drink he goes over to the squid and climbs on from the port side*

*as he goes to the front gun mound, he spots a bag of tools and pulls out a wrench*

So what do you want me do to on it?

--Saloon--
*After hearing the thunder, Ny-Lee decides to stay*

Yeah im not my crazy as my brother to out in this weather, heck i think even he won't go out in this. So is there any other room for me to stay in?

*she sips her ale as she listen to the ongoing storm outside*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 12, 2013, 11:06:51 pm
-Docks-

*Zill comes over and takes a look, pointing down.*

The spring in there that allows for the easy mounting has gone too soft and needs replacing. The Gatling will be going there once itll lock in again.

*Zill heads to and engine and starts to whack a few things.* Jun'ko pops out again.*

Men and your "repairs." Just leave them things alone darn you.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 12, 2013, 11:07:20 pm
*Yiski thinks. Ny-Lee was right. He only had two rooms, but he has a solution.*
Well there's only the spare and my room. But don't worry about the room. You're gonna be in my room tonight since Roland's in the spare.

*Yiski looks around and sees Shink*
Shink! Don't you dare pass out tonight or I'll have to throw you out into the storm.

*Yiski turns back and smiles to Ny*
Well, assumin' Shink does leave tonight, I'll be sleepin' on my couch.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 12, 2013, 11:20:44 pm
--Docks--
*Looks down at the mount*

Oh i see what you mean *goes down on his knees whack, screw, pull certain things* Man Zill, these parts look ancient, how long you had this squid.

*After a few more tinkering BdrLine finishes the mount*

There, fixed it, and improved it to have a stronger locking mechanism. And i think you love this as well, i modify it so that you can quick swap weapons much faster, heck you can even do it in the tide of battle if needed.

*to Jun'ko as he twirls a wrench in his hand*

And you said men and our "repairs"

*once Bdr finishes his sentence he accidentally lets go of the tool into the air where it lands on his head*

Flakin' A

--Saloon--
*Ny-Lee to Yiski*

Why thank you, but you sure you don't mind. I don't really wan to be a bother
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 12, 2013, 11:38:21 pm
*Yiski chuckles at Ny*
Good grief... if I didn't know any better I'd have to assume you're a female version of Roland. Always tryin' be to kind, courteous, and helpful... not that I'm sayin' that's a bad thing, it's really the opposite. Need more people like the two of you.

*Yiski fixed himself a mug of Frost Fire Ale and takes a large swig*
To add on what I said before, I'm not gonna let a lady go out into that hell and it extends to I'm not gonna let ya sleep on the couch.

*Yiski surveys the saloon and still notices Tim sitting in the corner, still with his drink from the morning*
I swear I'm never gonna understand his obsession with cloud whales.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 12, 2013, 11:39:16 pm
-Docks-

*Zill and Jun'ko both smirk. Jun'ko is quick with a remark*

Serves you right with all that nonsense. *She vanishes for a few seconds and then emerges from the hull* Looks to be all done oh captain.

*Zill takes a final check, and gets all the guns on her.*

Finally battle ready. Its been awhile since ive made a run in However we died. Good times.

*The storm outside still raging, Zill realizes going anywhere is probably a terrible idea for anyone.*

Alright. Looks like this is our home tonight. And I wont have any complaints out of either of yea. Jun'ko you can take the bed in the back. BdrLine we get to figure out our own arrangements.

*He walks over and pours a mug for himself, taking a long swig.*

*Jun'ko seems pleased with her work today.*

Well that was a lot more than i expected to get done today. Im so lazy when youre not around Zill. Too bad no big surprise today though. Im looking forward to it!

*He beckons with the mug.*

It will be a grand sight for sure. Especially for all these dockworkers.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 12, 2013, 11:53:45 pm
--Docks--
*Rubbing his head*

Oh haha, At least i still i can engineer better than other people

*hears the storm*

Yeah i agree about that storm, even i won't go out in that. But there was that one time i went out with a prototype tesla coil, bad time that was.

*looks around the warehouse for a place to sleep*

Hmm i dont mind sleeping on those crates, my times traveling, i got used to it.

-Saloon--
*Ny-Lee to Yiski*

Well I remember Zill telling me a few days back to keep some of my feminine side around, Still doesn't mean i can't take care of myself. But thanks again for your room
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Lord Dick Tim on March 12, 2013, 11:57:05 pm
-Saloon-

Tim kept his counsels to himself, bearing the glances and whispers with an ease that comes with the stigma of being a mad man.  He'd enjoyed his first draw of the proffered drink, the usual thick syrup that coated and burned the throat on its passage, numbing the constant companion of paint that dwells deep within his chest.

Among the coming and goings of the saloons patrons a skinny man in a heavy oil storm coat soaked in rain with the blazon of a dancing lion on his left breast came in with a short yet wide darkly lacquered box and placed it on the table Tim occupied before snapping his feet together with a loud clap and offering a crisp salute, the tips of his fingers just at his brow, before turning about on a toe when his captain gave him the slightest nod of acknowledgment.

Tim regarded the box with a fowl glare, his mouth twisted in disgust before working the simple lever locks and exposing the contents, crisp white papers with official looking seals accompanied by trays containing an archaic metal fountain pen and ink well.

Setting his serum/poison/liquor aside Tim set about examining the stack of documents, which quickly took the form of a ledger and customs regulations.  With a few broad strokes of his pen with a flourish of form that betrays an education that is not apparent by his appearance,  he signs the documents before looking into the box for what should be a small sponge of pressed material to set his signet in.  Not seeing one in the box he turns to look up at the last place he thought he saw somebody attending the saloon,

"I need a clean rag.  Clean".
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 13, 2013, 12:01:01 am
-Docks-

*Zill stares at BdrLine*

Works for me. I'll probably sleep on the Squid somewhere. Always could find comfy places on ships.

*He turns to Jun'ko*

Get your tail in there and get some rest. You'll want it after todays work. I know i do.

*Jun'ko heads for the room and teases them*

Yea yea. Just dont go peering though the windows. These wrenches of mine have a tendency to break things as well as fix them when needed. *Wiggles her butt out the door and closes it.*

*Zill sighs.*

Like that would ever work.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 13, 2013, 12:07:29 am
--Docks--

*To Zill*

Wow, Zill who would have thought Jun'ko *laughs* Good thing i know her as a family friend, be too akward. Well i off to bed, see ya in the morning

*Bdr goes over to the crates, jumps on them, and lays in a sleeping position*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 13, 2013, 12:22:34 am
-Saloon-

*Yiski hears Tim's request and hands him a clean rag*
I swear, you hardly ever visit and when you do you're always doin' work. Can't you usually take care of this on your ship?

*Yiski walks up to the window and sees the storm has gotten worse*
By the skies, Nature's sure pissed at us alright.

*Yiski could feel a freezing breeze caused by the strong winds outside*
Shit, forgot the Frost Winds from the Firnfeld are comin' in. Last thing we need is Anvala turnin' into a giant ice cube.

--NARRATOR--

As the storm rages forth, many of the patrons were hesitant to enter into Nature's wrath. Most left to brave the storm, mostly because staying at the saloon past closing would was more of a risk.

At the Docks, Zill, BdrLine, and Jun'ko covered themselves up the best they could against the frozen air blasting into the Docks. Jun'ko smiles as she falls asleep in the Admiral's quarters. BdrLine makes camp next to the engines, keeping a few flammables a bit too close to him.
Before falling asleep, Zill still debates whether he should go join Jun'ko. Ultimately, he decides against it based on principle and a good sense of self-preservation.

Captain Timothy grabs his belongings and stuffs them into his overcoat and heads out. Despite the wind blowing against him, it doesn't seem to effect him.

Shink, realizing the cold air is fast moving in, bolts down the road to the closest inn. By the time he reaches it, there are icicles forming all around his body.

Roland was fast asleep in the spare room. His dreams were about his mother and father. More importantly, they were about how to approach Yiski on the subject.

Ny-Lee makes herself comfortable in Yiski's room. She gives a chuckle of how relatively clean his room is compared to the saloon. The only place where Yiski keeps spotless is the area around his stills. Eventually, Ny-Lee settles into bed and falls fast asleep.

Yiski tosses a few blankets and a pillow on top of the couch. Before settling down, he takes another look out the window. Storm's still steady and it was getting colder. He sighs and heads for the couch and lays down. Before falling asleep, Yiski thinks.

Tomorrow's gonna be bad.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 30--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 13, 2013, 10:13:41 am
--START OF DAY 31--

--NARRATOR--

The sun peaked over the storm clouds of last night. But the sun was of little comfort to the havoc caused last night and being assessed this morning. To start, the levy which holds much of Anvala's mountain water was severely damaged to the point where those living in the Garden (Northern) District had to be forced to evacuate. Second problem the storm caused was at the Docks. Despite progress of getting the Docks up and fully functional, the heavy icy winds with monsoon rains caused massive sheets of ice to be formed through out the Docks. Massive icicles larger than a human formed over the openings. Repair progress would have to be on hold until all the ice was clear, an all-day affair.

Back at the saloon, Ny-Lee woke up and wondered if Roland and Yiski were already awake. When we walked out from the back, she saw Yiski up. Yiski sees her.
I see you're up early as usual.

I am. Is Roland not awake yet? I thought I would see him down already.

Heh... whenever Roland has any alcohol, he'll be out for the good part of the day. Seeing as how I made him drink something with Hellfire alcohol content, I don't suspect him gettin' up soon.

Ny-Lee watched Yiski walk up to what she believed were heat lamps. As much of a bad idea it was to keep any heat source in the saloon, due to Anvala's location on a mountain side and proximity to the Firnfeld, it was the difference between freezing to death or being blown up. In Yiski's mind the thought of blowing up was a quicker way to die than freezing. Yiski turned back to Ny-Lee.
You wouldn't mind waking up Roland for me would you? Can't seem to get these heaters to run.

Ny-Lee accepted the request and went upstairs to the spare room. She first knocked on the door to see if Roland was awake... no answer. She knocked a few more times until she decided it was useless and decided to open he door. Luckily, it was unlock and see walked in. She spotted Roland sprawled out on the bed with the covers in a mess. She gave a light chuckle before calling out his name.
Roland.... Roland you need to wake up now. Yiski said he needed your help.

The only response was a mumble and a slight shift in position. Back home when BdrLineAzn was still there, if she'd caught him not waking up, she'd get a bucket of ice water and pour it over his head and body. While the thought did cross her mind, Ny-Lee wouldn't do that to Roland.
Ny-Lee finally decided to approach Roland and give him a few nudges in order to wake him all the while telling him to get up.
Roland.... Roland you need to wake up n....!!

Suddenly, Roland grabbed on to Ny-Lee's hand and pulled her down into bed with him. This sudden event caught Ny-Lee off guard as she found herself just a short inch away from his face. The sudden closeness of her face to his also started causing her to blush a bit. Ny-Lee attempted to wake Roland up still.
Roland! Please wake up!

Fortunately, this time Roland opened his eyes, but it was obvious he was still out of it. What happens next could be considered comedy gold.
Good. You're awake. Now if you don't mind letting me go.....

Ny-Lee found herself interrupted again, but not because Roland fell back asleep. Quite the opposite, the only reason why Ny-Lee couldn't talk was because she found herself kissing Roland. This set a whole line of questions and thoughts racing through her mind making her unable to pull away.

The kiss lasted what Ny-Lee could tell were minutes. When the kiss finally did break, her slight tinge of red went full Dragon Pepper red. Despite not being lip-locked with Roland, she still couldn't manage any words.
Roland managed a yawn and it took a few minutes for him to begin registering the events. For all he knew, it was a dream.
Hmm... that was a nice dream. Wait...

When it finally dawn on him what he did, he joined Ny-Lee in silence and became just as red as her.
Oh... um... Good morning Ny-Lee?

Roland's words knocked Ny-Lee out of her daze causing her to gasp and shuffle out of the bed, causing her to fall. The two just sat there staring at each other for a bit. Finally, Roland broke the silence, but stumbled over his words.
I am terribly sorry.... I... I...

I know you didn't do that on purpose.... Anyways, Yiski needs your help downstairs.

Roland nodded and got up. He didn't need to change since last night's event caused him to pass out without changing. The two left and made their way to the stair. Both were still sporting heavy blushes.
Huh... should we discuss this matter or...

I'd rather not want to discuss it right now.

I'll second that.

When the two get downstairs, Yiski sees the both of them and tilts his head, noting their redness.
What's up with you too? Looks like you've got stars in each of your eyes. What happened?

The two simultaneously blurted out.
Nothing!
Nothing!

They looked at each other and chuckled. All the while Yiski was confused as hell.

Even if today was going to be bad, it was sure as hell going to be interesting.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 13, 2013, 11:22:03 am
*Morning saw Qwerty in the Anvala hospital, not as a patient but as head doctor. The nights storm and evacuation of the garden district had seen countless injuries, ranging from frostbite from the cold, to breaks, cuts and impalings from collapsing buildings and flying shards of ice. Qwerty was a blur throughout the hospital, treating wounds deemed fatal running from one room to the next. Not a word was said, Qwerty would enter the room, solve the problem and leave, the staff stunned and awestruck.

A crier passed through town, stopping at ever door and informing the people within to take any injuries to the hospital, that they had a disaster specialist ready to treat any injuries. Under special instruction, this crier slides a note under The Burning Skies's door. The note simply read;

'Is everyone allright?'

~ Qwerty
*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 13, 2013, 11:27:29 am
OOC MOMENT

I'm not sure if I can return to this very easily... I've literally missed the last 20 pages.

END OOC MOMENT
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 13, 2013, 11:54:07 am
-Docks Narrator-

At the docks, the trio stuck in Zill's warehouse did not rise quickly. Zill woke slowly, and it took him a good few minutes to realize that he couldnt feel much of anything on his body. He had found a spot down in the hull of the squid to keep comfortable for the night. His eyes popped open when he realized what had happened. The frigid Firnfeld air had made a pass with the storm earlier than usual. He proceeded to yell and make a run for the warehouse doors.

No! Not now!

The yell woke BdrLine. He fell off his crates with a loud crash. Luckily his fire had burned out else he would of been much warmer than the others.

What on earth....Why is it so cold? And why are you yelling?!

It wasnt until Zill swung open the large metal doors with a loud screech that Jun'ko peered out of Zill's room. She had obviously just risen as well, as her hair was a mess and the covers covered her still.

Whats all that ruckus?? A woman needs her rest.

The cold air greeted Zill to what can only be described as a frozen Hell. Giant icicles, some as large as a small trade ship, were on absolutely everything. While a majority of the repairs made earlier had held up, the ice was simply everywhere, from warehouses to ships. Zill's head dropped as emotion took over him. BdrLine walked up to stare is disbelief. Jun'ko slowly walked up and put her arms around Zill, also peering at the icy Port.

I know how much it meant to you to get the Port running. Dont despair.

It always feels like one step forward and two steps back lately. I really wanted this to work. Now we have to take a day to remove the ice. And the levies will need restructuring as they cant be breaking every storm.

It will work! You just have to be as persistent as you have always proven to be.

BdrLine finally took in the sight and was able to render a thought.

At least most of the repairs survived. Its not all for naught Zill. Look, even some workers are coming in.

He was right. A few dockworkers from the night before had roughed it in their warehouses as well. A few also started coming in through the main gates. They all grouped up and stood in front of Zill. Someone in the group spoke. "Orders Admiral?"

Zill's head rose back up. As he peered seemingly through the group in front of him at the icy Hell, one thing did catch his eye. The clear Sky above it all.

Ice is our enemy today. I want it off of absolutely everythin'. After that, Ill take any willing man to help with the levy restructuring.

He turns to Jun'ko and though she cant see it, cocks a small smile.

Thank you for that. My life has become a rather dark place. Its good to see some clear Skies.

You deserve that much, oh captain.

She gives him a hug and heads back to get ready for the day's work. BdrLine only stares at Zill, and he notices.

Oh shut up BdrLine. Lets get started eh?

-End Docks Narrator-
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 13, 2013, 12:04:07 pm
-Saloon-

*While Roland and Yiski are still starting up the heater, Yiski notices a note being slipped under the door. Yiski walks over and picks up the note.*

What is that Yiski?

It's a note from Qwerty asking if we're okay. I guess the storm must have been bad. Guess Qwerty has his hands full at the hospital.

*Roland pauses for bit and glances over at Ny-Lee. Both their eyes met and the two went into a fierce blush.*

Roland! Snap out of it. You can eye Ny later, but right now if we don't get the heaters running we'll be joining the others at the hospital.

*Roland's blush grew*
I don... well... okay I will get the heaters started.

*Yiski chuckled to himself*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 13, 2013, 01:06:14 pm
--Docks--
*Chuckles to Zill*

Alright, alright, but invite me to the wedding if it happens.

*looks out at the giant icicles*

Damn, i knew the the winds of Frinfeild were cold, but this is ridiculous

*Then an idea pops into his head and turns to Zill*

Do you have any working flamethowers? I think i can melt some of the large chunks around here, but for the ships and things covered in ice, we might need a generator and heaters.

--Saloon--
*Ny-Lee in her thoughts*
What a start to the mourning, I mean Roland is a good guy and i think my brother won't get mad at him as he is good friends with him. Oh gods he's looking at me, quick look away *blushes* Can it, could I..... ugh

*To Yiski in a sheepishly voice*

Umm you need help in turning on some of the heaters?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 13, 2013, 01:30:03 pm
-Docks-

*Zill motions to the back of his warehouse*

I have three in the back. They are modified for longer range so, do try and not fry yourself. That will make getting around easier for sure.

*He looks at the Port and Jun'ko comes up next to him, fully fitted for the task*

Ready to get this goin'? You still owe me a surprise.

*Zill smirks*

I surely do. Lets go.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 13, 2013, 02:46:34 pm
--Saloon--
*Ny-Lee in her thoughts*
What a start to the mourning, I mean Roland is a good guy and i think my brother won't get mad at him as he is good friends with him. Oh gods he's looking at me, quick look away *blushes* Can it, could I..... ugh

*To Yiski in a sheepishly voice*

Umm you need help in turning on some of the heaters?

*Yiski turns to Ny-Lee*
Well, I'd accept the help, but we got a bigger problem. Some of the damn heaters don't have capacitors.

*Yiski grabs his heavy jacket from the back*
I'm gonna have to head out and see if the tech shop is open to get new ones or our patrons are gonna freeze. If you're still offerin' to help, you can aid Roland in making sure none of the supplies or equipment freeze over.

Wait, so Ny-Lee and I are going to be here alone?

Alone? Hardly. When I leave I expect there are gonna be lots of folks commin' in for warmth.

*Before Roland could voice anymore objections, Yiski headed out into the cold, leaving Roland and Ny-Lee awkwardly looking at each other. Roland thinks.*
Well, at least this will give me time to talk to Ny-Lee about this morning. I mean I like her, but how does she feel.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 13, 2013, 03:12:16 pm
--Inn--

*It's cold. 'Shark Bait' did not last long against the raiders, and the boy was lost amongst the waves of the Anglean Sea. Lights can be seen, but they are moving away from the boy.

"Over here"

*he says, lost to the wind. All is thought to be lost, when he bumps into something*


*Shink wakes with a start not knowing where he is*

These memories are starting to bug me... Maybe Oliver can help figure out what is going on

*Shink heads out to Oliver's house. Before he could reach the house, he could hear Oliver curse loudly, and a shatter from within the house. Then the door open and shut*

"I swear Shink... you break stuff even before you step in my house"

"Sorry Oliver. You got a minute? I've been having some weird dreams lately, and wondered if you could help"

*Shink could see Oliver Visibly sigh*

"Alright.... but you better not touch anything!"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 13, 2013, 03:44:27 pm
--Hospital--

*The last of the patients we're patched up, anything that came in now could be dealt with by the regular staff. Qwerty, exhausted and covered with blood, stumbles out of the hospital. Hours spent under the effect of 'accelerants' to keep up with the work has taken a toll.

He doesn't even feel the cold as he stumbles through the center of town headed for the bar, his mind in a deep haze*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 13, 2013, 03:47:00 pm
--Docks--
*To Zill*
Sure, but we just have to be careful so that we don't flood ourselves

*Bdr turns to the outside and points to two workers*

Come on let's get those flamers turned on, and unfreeze this place.

*Bdr and the two workers goes into the back and spots them, once they put in new flamer liquid, the three heads outside to thaw out the giant icicles*

Alright, everyone stand clear from the flames, don't want anyone to become a crispy pile of ashes.

*The three goes to their own individual block and fire the flamer towards it, melting the ice*

--Saloon--

*As Yiski leaves to the tech shop, the awkward silence still ensues. Ny-Lee was the first one to speak*

Soo, is there anything you want to talk about...? It's not that I'm insinuating anything or what happen this mourning or anything of that matter *she says quickly*

*she blushes*
I'm just going to defrost some of the drinks then

*as she was going to the bar, in her thoughts*
Why do I sound stupid all of the sudden

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 13, 2013, 04:13:58 pm
--Saloon--

*As Yiski leaves to the tech shop, the awkward silence still ensues. Ny-Lee was the first one to speak*

Soo, is there anything you want to talk about...? It's not that I'm insinuating anything or what happen this mourning or anything of that matter *she says quickly*

*she blushes*
I'm just going to defrost some of the drinks then

*as she was going to the bar, in her thoughts*
Why do I sound stupid all of the sudden

*Roland blushes as well as Ny-Lee goes into the back. Roland begins assessing his feelings.*
Well, I do like her. She's smart, funny, proper.... very attractive... and soft lips.....

*Roland shook his head violently trying to purge the thought*
No, that was an improper thought, but still...

*Roland tries to think of someone who can help him*
Zill... no; BdrLineAzn... he would probably shoot me; Shinkurex... ... god I would have to be desperate.

*Roland finally comes to the realization he's going to have to figure it out for himself*
Well, Yiski did say I needed to take more initiative.

*Roland took a deep breath and charged head long into the back*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 13, 2013, 04:19:24 pm
-Oliver's House-

-Narrator-

Oliver reluctantly lets Shinkurex into his home. The fire was going, and the atmosphere was very calm despite the evacuation efforts of the Garden District. He chose not to leave. His home meant too much to him, as it really was all he had left.

-End Narrator-

*Oliver cleans up the broken pot and has Shinkurex sit down next to the fire*

Alright. Have a seat and tell me what troubles you. Old memories?

-Docks-

*Zill begins organizing the melting effort and heater placement*

I need a trench leading out the walls downhill from all the ice. I dont want to replace this mess with a flood. Put the heaters on the outer wall and have them up for the generator.

*As the men place the giant heaters around the Port and begin the trench work, Jun'ko works with the group on the generator.*

Get those gears reset. And stop hitting it with a spanner you gasbag! It just needs to be greased up.

*The fire from the flamethrowers cast an eerie glow on all the ice. Zill was pleased to see it go.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 13, 2013, 05:13:07 pm
--Oliver's house--

*Looks at Oliver*

"Yeah... I've been spacing out lately, remembering bits and pieces of when I was a kid... Though I feel like I'm forgetting something important"

*gives a slight shrug*

"I guess this started when the Saloon was closed down for a day"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 13, 2013, 05:24:46 pm
--Docks--

*As BdrLine and the two other workers keep melting the ice, pools of water can be seen flowing down towards the trench*

There, i bet we can thaw out this place by days end

*to the other two workers*

Come on and lets get this thing finished, the faster we are, the more time i can drink at the saloon

*To Jun'ko*

Jun once you get that running, see if you can defrost those crates there, i think they are medical supplies, bet we need them later

--Saloon--

*As Ny-Lee turns on a heater and goes over to melt the ice in the back, she is lost in thought again*
Come on Ny think, how come you are acting like this for a guy you met basically last week?

Yes, i know he is one of the nicer and calmer guy around here, also the way he lightens up the mood when hes around... and how handsome he looks*sigh*


*Then a picture of Roland pops into her head*
*she shakes her head*

Really Ny, now you are thinking about him, you don't know if he likes you back, it could have been a spur in the moment dream kiss

But he does seem a bit attracted... i should go and maybe talk to him


*As she puts down the heater, she goes to the door, but she didn't realized that Roland was going in as well and they both fell over with Ny-Lee on top of Roland*

Roland, i'm sorry, i didn't see where i was going, but there is something i got to ask you

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 13, 2013, 06:47:24 pm
-Oliver's house-

*Oliver gives the appearance of a man deep in thought.*

Saloon you say? Well I wouldnt be surprised given what Yiski puts in them drinks of his. Tell me more about these dreams.

-Docks-

*Zill is busy getting people organized for the levy rebuilds. Old and broken items from the Port would be used as supports once the initial wall was in place. Jun'ko could hear him barking orders.*

Ah that voice. So commanding....so.....

*She hears BdrLine and shakes her head. Those thoughts would need to wait.*

Sure thing Bdr! I think we got this crate of gears ready!

*The generator bursts into life after Jun'ko kicks it. The heaters come to life, and the workers enjoy a bit of warmth.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 13, 2013, 07:44:59 pm
--Dandy Lions Trading Co. Headquaters, Paradox's Office--

He sat there behind his handcrafted desk, mechanical legs on the table, smoking a cigar. He leaned deeper into the leather, it creaked and settled. His two most competent advisers,  Jennifer and John, told him of the immense amount of delays.

"Well sir, the entire city is still recovering from yesterdays massive storm. Road conditions are preventing intercity transport of goods, delays will be inevitable..."

"We shut the main hatches of hangars one through forty, to protect the light ships. The large and heavy sized ships were not affected by the weather, save the slight delays from frozen engines and the such. How shall we proceed?"

Papa looked disgruntled, It always unnerved him when they finished each others statements. He straightened his top hat and took his legs off the table to sit up.

"Unload the light ships, equip them with dragon tongues... Today we set the city aflame"

With those words, his assistants were off, they walked down his massive office, the walls lined with bookshelves full of ledgers, Jens shoes echoed as they hit the marble floor. Paradox walked to the viewing balcony behind his desk, from here he could oversee the massive trade dock, a sea of hangars where the small ships resided, and the large ships that were forced to weather the storm. Within minutes forty hangar doors started to retract. Once opened the only sounds he heard were sputters and cracks, and then a low hum as hundreds of ships began to leave the hangars, as more and more ships hit the minimum safe distance, the engine sounds culminated in a symphony of metal. 

"Well this should hurry things up, everyone knows the council is flakin' useless."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 13, 2013, 08:14:48 pm
--Oliver's--

*Rubs the back of his head in a nervous reaction*

"Well... that's the thing... It's back when I was a boy, when I joined my first airship... We were ambushed by raiders... The ship did not make it, and I was lost at sea... But that's all I can remember"

*Sighs*

"I don't know Oliver... Maybe I need to head back to the Saloon, and forget all about this"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 13, 2013, 08:16:26 pm
-Market-

What do ya mean you don't have any capacitors in stock? There were plenty before!

Yes, that was before the storm. Many homes and businesses also had need to suddenly replace old capacitors for new ones. I'm sorry, but I don't have any in stock. Come by tomorrow.

Are you kidding me?! We'd be lucky to get any supplies by the mid week! *sigh* Do you at least have part necessary to built a capacitor?

I do... don't tell me you're going to make your own? You do know the dangers.

Danger? You forget who you're dealin' with. I'm goddamn Yiski. Proud owner of the Burning Skies Saloon and a distilling madman.

*The merchant sighs and Yiski's buys the necessary parts and head back to the saloon*
Hope those two haven't frozen over yet.

-Saloon-

*Roland could tell Ny-Lee was saying something, but none of it registered. All he could tell is the girl he liked was on top of him in an empty saloon. When he realized he hadn't heard a word she said, he did the next best thing.*
Heavens, I hope she refrains from hitting me for this.

*Roland reaches up and embraces Ny-Lee by her shoulders. Next, he pulls her down and lands another kiss on her.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 13, 2013, 08:24:37 pm
-Oliver's House-

*Oliver gets up and grabs a small canister from a rack above the fireplace. He hands it to Shinkurex*

Here. Make your first drink a Clear Skies, and put this in it. I guarantee once the night is over, youll be back in the present. Now dont break anything on your way out you fool!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 13, 2013, 09:29:23 pm
--Docks--
*Bdr and the others have finished thawing out the majority of the docks*
*As BdrLine finishes melting down another large ice chucks he hears many small engine noises*

By the Gods what is that sound?

*He and others looks towards where the sounds are originating*

Think its coming from Dandy Lions
Yeah i see it as well

*Bdr squints his eyes to see what was happening*

Are those light class ships?

*then he see flames coming out of some melting ice from the rooftops*

Looks like Papa P is here with the Calvary, with those ships we can thaw out the whole city by night fall

*he looks back at the docks*

Hmm, an hour more work and we should have this place back up and running again. What do you think Zill?

--Saloon--
*Ny-Lee was surprised by the second kiss of the day, but this one felt different*
*Instead of being dazed, she kissed back Roland*

*This kiss was longer then the first, and Ny-Lee breaks it and to Roland*
I think you just answered my question

*she kisses him back afterwards*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 13, 2013, 09:41:34 pm
--Oliver's--

*take's the Clear Skies, and thinks for a bit*

Is this something I really want answered?

*Shink turns to Oliver*

"Thanks Oliver, I know you're not a shrink or anything, but it's nice to know that I could talk to you... I think I'll take this home, and decide what to do"

*Shink heads for the door, and Oliver is pleased that nothing has broken since Shink's visit. Unfortunately, when Shink closes the door, the Picture that had shattered on the previous occasion tipped over and fell on the floor. Oliver could only shake his head in frustration, and watch Shink leave through the window*

--Shink's Apartment--

*After many hours just staring at the bottle, Shink decides that he might as well get this over with*

Bottoms up

*Shink empties the bottle, and lies down to await the night's dreams*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 13, 2013, 10:17:16 pm
--Saloon--

*Roland is on cloud nine right now. Not only did Ny-Lee not tear into him, she was actually kissing him back. The few seconds that passed by felt like years and Roland was loving it. Eventually, the two broke their kiss and Roland was wearing the largest grin humanly possible. Mind you, they were still on the ground.*
I guess you answered my question too. You will have to forgive me, I am not always this forward, but I am glad I was. I know this is sudden, but would you like to go on a date with me? I know a place which puts on a pretty good playwright.

*Before Ny-Lee could respond*

*SLAM*
Roland! Ny-Lee! I'm back! Hope neither of you froze to death while I was away.

*Yiski returned with the parts to make a capacitor for the few heaters which weren't working. He looked around the saloon and still noticed it was quiet.*
Uh... anybody here?

*Both Roland and Ny-Lee panicked and scrambled to get up, which Yiski could hear. Eventually the two appeared from the back, both red.*
Um... sorry Yiski. You surprised us. Do you need any help with the construction?

*Yiski was silent. He stared at the two for a bit. Usually, Ny-Lee wouldn't be this close to Roland for so long. Yiski's inspection of Roland and Ny-Lee were making them a little nervous.*
Yeah, I'll need some help, *smiles* but first... I think the two of you make a good couple.

*This alone sent Roland and Ny-Lee's redness to a new level and Yiski couldn't help but laugh and be happy for the two.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 13, 2013, 10:21:05 pm
-Docks-

*Zill sees PapaP's "cavalry."*

Good thing I know better else some knee-jerk Council fool would think we were under attack.

*He turns to BdrLine and shouts over to him*

Looks like it. Once its all thawed we will leave the heaters on low overnight to be sure. Regardless this icy Hell will be done tonight. I owe someone a surprise, and all of these workers deserve to see what their work amounts to.

*Jun'ko overhears and blushes slightly.*

Awe he remembered.

BdrLine! Dont forget the medical supplies! Im sure the City Infirmary will want em.

*She walks over to Zill who is still overseeing the levy reconstruct. She puts an arm around him.*

You seem better than this morning. And you remember my surprise, oh captain.

*Zill nods.*

How could I forget? You got me started after all.

*Jun'ko chuckles*

I could get used to all this special treatment y'know.

*Zill smirks.*

Same here, Jun.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 13, 2013, 11:07:35 pm
--Docks--
*As BdrLine finishes melting his last chunk of ices, he hears Jun'ko*

Alright i finished anyways

*he goes back in to the warehouse and drops off the flame thrower*
*he then takes out a cart and pushes it to the medical crates, once everything is loaded he sets out to the Infirmary *

I'm off then, i'll be back to bring back the cart, but im heading to the saloon after. Think you guys should do the same, we all deserve it after this

*thirty minutes has passed and Bdr has dropped off the supplies at the Infirmary, he then proceeds to drop off the cart. After he heads off towards the Burning Skies*

--Saloon--
*As Yiski is laughing and goes about making capaciator's, Ny-Lee goes up to Roland and whispers into is ear*

I'm glad as well, and a date would be lovely

*she pecks him on the cheeks*

*to both Yiski and Roland, who is a little dazed from the peck*

I'll be in the back again to finish thawing out the drinks
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 13, 2013, 11:51:14 pm
--Saloon--

*Roland and Yiski stand for a bit after Ny-Lee went into the back again. Roland is still blushing and Yiski is grinning and uncontrollably chuckling.*
Well I'll be damned, you actually got yourself a genuine rocket there Roland! Told ya needed to have a lil' more initiative.

*Yiski gave walked up to Roland and gave him a pat on the back*
Hell, if your old man was still with us, I'd know he'd be extremely proud of ya.

*Roland smiled*
"Thank you. That means a lot."

Anytime.

*Yiski looks around and shrugs. He notices nobody came in today*
Huh... guess everybody trying to get things fixed up and gettin' themselves patched up too. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. Now help me make these capacitors... lover boy.

*Roland blushes as he follows Yiski to the workbench*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 14, 2013, 12:01:56 am
--Saloon--
*Bdr enter the saloon and sees that no one is around except Yiski and Roland*

Hmm slow day huh guys,i guess nothing interesting happen today.

*he goes to the bar and sits facing them*

So everything is frozen over here as well, doubt i can still have a drink?

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 14, 2013, 12:10:21 am
*Roland pops up from the workbench.*
"Hello BdrLineAzn. Yes, things are a bit frozen here still. Yiski's working on a few capacitors which should be ready for tomorrow.

*Roland hands BdrLine a Hellfire. Roland quickly looks around and doesn't see Ny out front. He turns back to BdrLine*
Huh... BdrLineAzn, I am unsure how to tell you this, but... I and... your sister... um... we... kinda...

*Suddenly Yiski yells over to BdrLine*
What the kid's trying to say is that Roland and Ny are datin' each other now.

*The look on BdrLine's face was priceless*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 14, 2013, 12:23:12 am
*Shocked is all that is on BdrLine's face, after a while he gets out of it*

Sorry just a bit surprised at this, but congrats to ya. I think you and my sister a good for eachother. Sooo whens the first date

*Bdr gives a small laugh*

*From the back, Ny-Lee hears her brother*
*She goes out and hugs him*

Oh thank you that you approve, i knew you wouldn't hurt Roland since you are good buddies. But our first date is to a play write. Still don't know when we are going

Well I'm happy for you, heck i bet mom and dad will be surprised to hear about this

Azn please don't tell them just yet, we just started

Ok,ok i be heading home then i see you guys later

*On his way out Bdr in his thoughts*
My sister is on a date, a date.i think i should take responsibility and watch over them from a far, yeah i should to that. Its not spying right? No just a concern older brother watching his sister, yeah

*Bdr goes home and thinks on how he can "supervise" the two when they go out*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 14, 2013, 12:48:40 am
-Docks-

-Narrator-

With the Port looking relatively thawed, the levies rebuild proper, and the trench doing its job, things where looking good. The dockworkers that hadnt gone home enjoyed another round on Zill for their hard work. Jun'ko and Zill seemed pretty merry the entire time. If they didnt know any better, they were at the Burning Skies. With things winding down, the workers take their leave. Eventually, its just Zill and Jun'ko left at the warehouse.

-End Narrator-

*Zill stretches and looks around.*

Looks like its just us left. And im not sure about you but I dont plan on walkin' all the way home. Heaters need watchin' anyway. If you want you can stay in the back room again.

*Jun'ko stretches and walks over to Zill*

That sounds like a mighty good plan to me.

*She starts looking around and gets quiet.*

You dont have to sleep out here y'know.

*Zill stands there, mildy surprised. Jun'ko walks up and give him a peck on the side of his mask.*

No matter what you choose, ill see yea, oh captain. You owe me a surprise still. *She blushes and disappears into the room.*

I owe a few now I wager.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 14, 2013, 12:55:03 am
--NARRATOR--

The evening starts early and a few patrons enter the saloon. Many look like they've gotten out of the hospital, others just looking like they need a drink. Roland and Ny-Lee handle the counter, the two giving each other a few pecks as they pass by each other.

Meanwhile, Yiski is piecing together a few make-shift capacitors for the heaters for tomorrow. If there's one thing he's learned from the years in Anvala, he's knows that once a cold storm hits, the near sub-zero temperatures linger for a while.

With the help of PapaParadox's trade fleet, Zill, Jun'ko, and BdrLineAzn manage to clear all the ice off the Docks and manage to gain progress in repairing the Docks. If they can keep the rate up, the Docks will be at full operational capacity tomorrow.
All the while, Zill stands alone on his ship, staring into the night sky. He ponders what he did to deserve someone like Jun’ko as a crew member. Though those thoughts are quickly pushed aside as Zill wonders what he was going to surprise Jun'ko with.

BdrLineAzn sits quietly in his room making plans for his mission to keep an eye on Roland and his little sister’s date in the future. Sure, BdrLineAzn trusted Roland, but a brother can never be too protective of his sister. Right?

Shinkurex slept soundly in his apartment, hoping he could overcome his past and manage to move forward. Whether he succeeded or not would up to him in the next few days.

When the saloon hit closing time in only a few hours, Ny-Lee decided to head back to her brother's place. She declined the offers Yiski made for her to stay again, to her and Roland's disappointment, but she did reluctantly agree to have Roland walk her back.

As the two walked through the frozen night, they huddled close to keep warm and chuckling at the rapid set of events which now made them a couple.
When they finally arrived at BdrLineAzn's place, they shared a goodnight kiss. After Ny-Lee went inside, Roland made his to his own place with each step he took having a light bounce to it.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 31--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 14, 2013, 10:36:48 am
--START OF DAY 32--

--NARRATOR--

The morning sun raised above Anvala without a cloud in the sky. It was a welcoming sight to those still trying to recover from Day 30's storm. Despite the flood of patients into the hospital and local infirmaries, most injuries were minor and no reported deaths were recorded.

Despite the chilling winds which still blew the streets, Yiski woke up in the comfort and warmth of the saloon. Even after the closing, Yiski worked and finished the capacitors and got the remaining heaters working. He checked on the stills to and barrels to make sure those weren't frozen over (There are no heaters where the stills and Hellfire barrels are stored for obvious reasons). Being content all the equipment was functional, Yiski headed to the front and unlocked the door.

As soon as it was, it was opened and Roland rushed in, shutting the door quickly behind him.

I'm gonna guess it's a bit chilly outside still? He smirked.

Of course it is Yiski. I did not think I would have gotten here without some frostbite.

Yiski laughs.
You're young, hardy, and full of fiery spirit. He smirks again. Speaking of fiery, you got anythin' special planned for you and Ny?

Roland blushed remembering how yesterday's event rewarded him with Ny-Lee. It brought a wide smile to his face.
Yes, I plan on taking Ny-Lee to a play write. I believe there is one performing tomorrow.

Yiski scratched his head.
Maybe... you know I'm not all into the fancy arts. You'd probably have better luck asking either Qwerty or Oliver.

Roland nodded his head in agreement. All the while, still having his wide grin. Yiski shook his head and laughed.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 14, 2013, 11:50:39 am
-Docks-

-Narrator-

The low hum of the generator keeping the Port heaters working was the only sound this cool morning. Zill had accepted Jun'ko's invitation to sleep in the warmth of the back room. He was fast asleep in his overstuffed chair while she occupied the bed. All this thoughts the night before about Jun'ko kept him up for a couple extra hours, so he was still out cold. Jun'ko was the first to begin waking up. She let out a low sigh when she discovered she was alone in the bed.

Maybe I was too forward. Drat!

Her thought was interrupted when she was startled to see Zill in the chair overlooking the bed. She figured out in the passing minutes that he was still sleeping. She grinned.

Always the gentlemen. I wonder...

She slowly rose out of bed to keep quiet, wearing only her undergarments. She carefully straddled Zill in the chair. Then she slowly went to remove his mask. This was enough to wake him. He was dazed at first.

Looks like another dream....wait a second...

His hand catches hers on the back of his head. She jumps and chuckles.

You werent supposed to wake up, oh captain. I see you made yourself comfy.

Took me half the night to come in here, truth be told. I thought i was dreaming there until i felt your unyielding curiosity.

Well, I dont intend to kiss a mask all the time.

Zill couldnt resist the charm. His grip slowly loosened on her hand and she undid the mask, slowly revealing his face. She smiled.

Now was that so bad? Yiski was right to tall you a looker.

Yea no kidding. Im amazed this hasnt put you off yet.

Nonsense. I see an Admiral worthy of praise.

Zill only smirks. She leans in and grants the kiss she promised. In Zill's darkened world, it was a ray of pure sunshine. The kiss lasted 10 seconds, though it felt like an eternity. She then gets up to get ready.

Im still expecting my surprise y'know.

By my count, a few are in order now.

Jun'ko disappears into the back, humming a tune. Zill only grins.

-End Narration-


Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 14, 2013, 12:13:58 pm
--Docks--

*BdrLine's home*

*Ny-Lee is the first to wake, she go changed from her sleeping garments and heads downstairs*
*As she heads down, she keeps replaying the scene of how she and Roland got together*
What a day yesterday was, *sighs dreamily* Now I'm really glad that I came out here

*She noticed that her brother is not down, and assumes he still up sleeping, them a thought came back to her back to their childhood*
*she heads to the kitchen and finds a bucket under the sink, she fills the bucket with ice cold water*
*Ny proceeds to head up to her brothers room and sees him still fast asleep*
*She creeps up to the side of the bed and.....*

SPLASH

*Bdr drenched and cold, fell off the bed onto the floor, he looks up to see his said attacker and saw Ny-Lee with a bucket in her hands*
Gods really Ny, I thought you were older then that!? And shouldn't be a little more like a lady since you are going out with Roland *smirks*

Just because I am now dating, doesnt mean I still can't mess with you, but since you are now awake, I be heading out to the saloon, you coming?

No you go on ahead, I gonna stay here and see if everything is still fine after the storm

Well alright see you later then
*Ny-Lee heads downstairs, grabs her overcoat and heads to the Burning Skies*

*sigh* sisters will always be sisters

*Bdr gets up and changes from his wets cloths and heads out to Zill's docks again*





Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 14, 2013, 12:45:06 pm
--Shink's Apartment--

*It's been 15 years since the fall of 'Shark Bait'. The boy survived, though just barely. The fisherman's family that pulled him from the sea took him under their wing, and raised them as if he was their own. Now, the boy has come of an age where he must leave. With his bags packed and his goodbyes, the boy heads to the nearest dock to head to the place of his dreams, Anvala.*

*The boy arrives at the docks, and is looking for a ship to take him to Anvala, when Terror jolts through his entire body, as he glances through the line of airships. How could he forget the ship that took down the 'Shark Bait'? Soon, rage replaced that terror, and the boy storms over to the ship to confront the raiders.*

*As he draws near to the ship, he can overhear some of the raiders talking*

"Why do we work for this baron anyway? All that fat lard ever does is complain"

"Shhhh.... do you want him to hear you? We work for him, so that the authorities don't lock us up. Small wonder why they would... they're as corrupt as we are"

"Will you two shut up and load the merchandise! We told the Baron we would deliver them to the black market in Anvala by Friday"

*The raiders start loading large crates into the hold. Seeing his opportunity, the boy Bolts into the hold of the ship and lays low until the ship takes off .


*Shink wakes from his dream*

Well that's a little better... I should probably go see Zill, and see if he knows this baron guy

*Heads out the door*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 14, 2013, 02:15:06 pm
--Docks--

*As BdrLine nears Zill's docks, he sees the many heaters on as well as almost everything is completely  ice free, except for few chunks here and there, nothing big to disrupt operations.*
*As he enters, he sees many of the workers back  going about their business, from checking the heaters and generator, to movig supplies around*

Hmm everything is functional at least *he looks around and doesn't see Zill among the crowd of people*

*To a worker*
Hey have you seen the Admiral anywhere?

Well no,haven't seen him since yesterday. Last time i saw him, he was looking over the heaters before heading in to his ware house. Guess he might be in there still.

Ok, thanks for the info. I be heading over there to check up on him then

No problem

*As the worker heads off in one direction, BdrLine goes to Zill's warehouse and knocoks on the door*

Zill, you in there? Think you should come out and se the progress we made from the day before

--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee enters the saloon and sees both Yiski and Roland*
*She goes up to Roland, hugs and pecks him on the lips*

So when are we going on that date huh Roland. *She says playfully*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 14, 2013, 02:35:20 pm
--Saloon--

*Roland smiles and kisses Ny back*
I am confident there is a play write happening tomorrow. I believe it is a comedy. I hope tomorrow is not too soon.

*Yiski looks over to the couple and teases them.*
Unless you plan on putting on a show for the entire saloon, I'd think it best for you to either head upstairs or go into the back.

*The couple blush and Yiski continues to serve the few patrons while chuckling.*
Hmm... they're goin' on their date tomorrow huh? Well, I did promise Micheal I'd watch over him, so it shouldn't be a problem if I observe from a distance. Better dismount Blood's scope for me to use.

*Roland looks back to Ny-Lee*
Well, it looks like I need to get back to work. Do you want something to drink?

*Roland gives Ny a peck on the cheek and heads behind the counter*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 14, 2013, 02:51:09 pm
-Docks-

*Zill hears the knocking and opens the door.*

Ah BdrLine. Yea I just got a late start is all. Long night as usual.

*Jun'ko reappears, adjusting her tool belt, still humming. She passes by the both of them*

Heya BdrLine. Oh wow look at all the work we managed. This is great!

*Zill's head sinks a little*

Yea that looks great. Ill leave Bdr to his thoughts on that one...

*A messenger comes up and hands a parchment to Zill. It bares the Council Dock seal. He reads it and smirks.*

Jun'ko, your first surprise will be here before nightfall. Make ready two large docks for arrivals and spread the word.

*Her eyes light up a little and she runs back to peck Zill on the mask.*

I knew youd make good on your promise. To work, oh captain!

*Zill and Bdr head off after her to prepare.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 14, 2013, 03:21:59 pm
--Docks--

*Bdr looks back between Zill and Jun'ko and smirks on the inside not showing it*

So i see you two are getting along quite swimmingly  *holding back a small laugh* Well i guess i go out and help prepare the two docks also

*As BdrLine leaves to get a small group of workers to help prepare, as soon he is out of sight he lets out his laugh*
*As he puts an hand to his sides, him in his thoughts
Wow,i think thats the first time i seen Zill, puts his head down. And of all things, because of Jun'ko. I guess she finally got to him. Well Zill does need someone once in a while, lucky for him its her *Bdr takes a deep breath to calm himself*

*to a group*

Oi you guys, come and help me out, Zill wants to prepare two large docks and we need it ready by nightfall, so chop chop

*He and the group goes out to the area and start fixing it up*

--Saloon--
*To Roland*

Yes please, can i have a Frost Fire

*as she sits and waits, she just looks around at the other patrons*
So besides going to the comedy, is there anywhere else you want to go?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 14, 2013, 04:41:02 pm
*Shink Finally arrives at the Docks. He starts to look around for Zill*

"Hey Zill! you around? I gotta question."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 14, 2013, 04:58:28 pm
--Saloon--

*Roland hands Ny-Lee a mug of Frost Fire Ale*
After the play write, there is something I would like us to go, but you will have to wait for tomorrow. *Roland smiles*

*Suddenly the two can hear sizzling coming from the back. Ny-Lee was confused what was making it, but Roland knew all too well. Roland yells at Yiski*
Yiski! I think one of the Hellfire barrel agitators has malfunctioned!

*Without responding, Yiski makes a mad dash into the back. Seconds pass and the sizzling could still be heard. Everyone in the saloon paused, waiting for their fate. Ny-Lee turned to Roland with a confused look. Roland explained.*
The sound of sizzling means a Hellfire barrel is settling. Typically, a mug of it sizzling causes a minor explosion. A barrel would take out the entire saloon. Multiple barrels in a chain reaction would take out the entire district.

*Just as Roland finishes his short explanation, the sizzling stopped and everyone in the saloon exhaled in relief. Yiski emerges from the back.*
Don't worry, we're not dyin' today. One of the damn agitators froze over. Why do all the drinks I make have to so damn flammable?

Because they would not be worth drinking.

True.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 14, 2013, 05:38:31 pm
*Hearing the commotion inside and talk of hellfire, Qwerty's hand pauses. Is it really safe in there? he wonders to himself....'who cares I need a drink follow after' and he walks tenderly through the door, yesterday still taking its toll on his body*

Greetings all

*Qwerty slumps into a stool at the bar and rest his head on his arms, trying to stay awake*

Yiski ill have whatever you think is the strongest drink in this damn bar
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 14, 2013, 05:40:34 pm
-Somewhere-
ugh...
*slowly opens eyes, realising that he lies headlong on a stone pavement*
What the hell?...
*Makes an attempt at getting up, only to fall down again*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 14, 2013, 05:59:21 pm
*Yiski spots Qwerty walking in*
I haven't seen you come by in a while. Must've been busy with all those rushing the hospital.

*Yiski ponders for a minute*
Strongest, huh? The strongest I got is the White Steam Whiskey. I'll fix you one.

*Yiski hands Qwerty a mug of WSW*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 14, 2013, 06:04:09 pm
Thank you kindly Yiski, and yes the hospital was flooded. I had to use....less then conventional methods for my body to keep up, and i'm paying for it today.

*Downs the WSW in one, smiles as the steam appears*

That is some good stuff

*Notices how Ny and Roland are behaving at the bar*

We'll I certainly didn't expect that

*Takes out his journal and starts writing*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 14, 2013, 06:08:20 pm
-Docks-

*Zill walks over to BdrLine and sees the docks ready. He pats his back.*

Good show BdrLine. If my watch is right, our company should be arrivin' soon.

*Jun'ko sneaks over and overhears.*

Company hmm?? Just tell me the surprise already! *She attempts the puppy eyes on Zill*

*Zill smirks and then can hear a low roar from the East.*

Looks like youll get a front row seat, as I planned.

Workers! By the Skies, prepare for arrival!

-Narrator-

The low roar Zill heard soon became audible to the rest of the Port. The workers made ready for the arrival of, whatever it was Zill had sent for. Two giant shapes engulfed the sunset. The roar steadily getting louder. Jun'ko hopped onto some crates for a better view, and BdrLine and Zill stood in the middle of the docks. The workers began cheering when they realized what was coming. Two Fleet Galleons, with Then it was fixed leading the formation. Not since his encounter in the Black Channel had he flown his Galleon. He knew it was only fitting for the fully functioning Port, as well as for Jun'ko, to see it reemerge from the Council docks after so many years. The flags of the Admiral's ship danced in the air. The blue and yellow standards swayed with the cool breeze. The guns glistened in the setting sun. And the engine's roar could be heard all around the West District. Behind was a standard Fleet Galleon, tasked to defend the Port Tar Barrel. Zill knew its importance had grown since the attempt on so many lives that day. It required the proper deterrent. As for his boat, he had other plans for it.

Jun'ko was starry eyed. Zill had mentioned his Galleon before, but she couldnt of imagined the sight until now. She ran back over to him and leaned on him.

Best surprise ever.

Thought you might like it.

I could kiss you, oh captain.

Youll get your chance.

She blushes and grins. The trio watch on as the Galleons dock at the two open spots. With a successful arrival of perhaps the finest ships this side of Anvala, a celebration was begun. For not only did the Galleons hold heavy guns and plentiful ammo, but also barrels of Spiked Anvala Ale. Music rang and the men were merry. Jun'ko even got Zill to dance. A rare sight that was. It was a grand day to be in Anvala.

-End Narrator-

*Zill eyes Shinkurex looking for him, and he walks over with Jun'ko to greet him.*

Ahoy there Shink. I hear you were lookin' for me?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 14, 2013, 06:24:39 pm
*makes another attempt at getting up, only to roll into a trash-bin and a nearby cat*
Meaw!

Dammit
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 14, 2013, 06:48:39 pm
--Dandy Lions Trading Co. Headquaters, Paradox's room--

He unknowingly rested upon the edge of the bed, when he regained consciousness his first movement was met by gravity as he fell face first onto the floor. Face pressed firmly into the marble floor, he began to realize a few things, the splitting headache he had acquired the previous night, and a little more prudent, how he was stark naked currently lying on marble. He grabbed his head and let out a groan as he slowly rose to his feet beside the bed. Once at full naked attention, he saw that there were three equally naked women resting a top his bed; No wonder space was a problem. After taking in the scenery for a while, trying to recollect the details of last nights late conquest, he began to collect his clothes that were bestrewn among the room. A problem had arisen his hat laid in the middle of the three women, trying desperately to reach for the icon of his identity while being silent, his mechanized limbs pierced the quiet with every twitch. The three of them stirred; He stopped for a moment, before continuing to reach for it, finally he managed to grasp it however his arm was now clasped by three hands that reeled him back into bed. Round 2... I think?

--Saloon--
After the early morning events he strolled in to bar with a slight glow about him.

"How are you all doin'?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 14, 2013, 08:21:47 pm
*Yiski looks to see Paradox*
Well aren't you lookin' chipper. Somethin' good must come out from bein' a CEO huh?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 14, 2013, 08:53:49 pm
--Docks--

*Bdr and many others can be seen drinking, dancing and being merry all around*
*With the arrival of the Galleons, not that much work is being done*

*After getting out of the group for a breather, he spots Shink*

Shink my man, come to join the party? Come and lets get a drink, Zill brought it on his Galleons.

--Saloon--

*to Roland and Yiski after the explanation*

Wow, the whole District. And honestly i thought my brothers experiments were bad *puts a hand over her mouth and chuckles*

*To Qwerty*

Why hello doctor, it kinda happen yesterday if you are asking *she blushes and holds Roland's hand*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 14, 2013, 09:01:56 pm
*Papa looks at Yiski*

"You have no idea, ya ever need anything, and I mean anything... You give me a shout."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Qwerty Kun on March 14, 2013, 09:17:30 pm
*To Ny*

Well congratulations I suppose, you'll be driving eachother crazy within the week.

*To Paradox*

I'm sorry friend I don't believe i've had the pleasure, my name is Qwerty
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 14, 2013, 09:41:12 pm
*Moving to meet the handshake, He extended his mechanical arm."

 "They call me Papa, I'm the CEO of The DLTC, it's great to meet you Qwerty."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 14, 2013, 10:37:11 pm
--Docks--

*Walks up to Zill and BdrLine*

"Hey guys... How's it going?"

*Looks to Zill*

"Zill... I don't know if you know this already, but ever since Burning Skies closed down, I've been having these weird memories... All I can remember, is that back when I first started out as a gunner, and we were shot down by raiders. When I got older, I found out that those raiders worked for a Baron.... They described him as a Fat man who sold merchandise to the black market. You would happen to know who that is would you?"

*Grabs an ale, and starts to drink it*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 14, 2013, 10:57:48 pm
*Yiski to Qwerty*
Now don't be to harsh on the young couple. I'd at least say they'll last two weeks before that happens.

Yiski!

Oh come on now Roland, you know we're just havin' fun with you. *sigh* Just like his mother.

*Yiski then turns to Paradox and gives him a raised eyebrow.*
You know I've got a mind to ask you to clarify, but lookin' at that face, I know I'd regret it immediately.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 15, 2013, 12:05:00 am
-Docks-

*Zill stares at Shinkurex for a moment and gets a more serious tone.*

I know exactly who that Urchin is. He's been sucking off the life of Anvala for years. He bribes the Council to keep his skin safe, and sells all kind of things on his black market. Big network down there. Back when I had regular interrogations, I searched for him for the better part of 2 years. I actually saw him. More rat than man from my perspective. I destroyed the better part of his market back then too, and after I became Admiral he was a real non-issue. Its unfortunate he is responsible for your troubles.

*He takes a swig of his mug and puts a hand on Shink's shoulder*

Dont worry about him though. He closer to death than any of us. Enjoy the night, plenty of ale for everyone.

-Narrator-

The night goes on in celebration. Despite his dreams, Shinkurex quickly becomes consumed by the night's activities. Music and ale filled the Port. The festivities lasted until all the ale was gone, and the night sky took over. Everyone headed their separate ways until only Jun'ko and Zill remained.

-End Narrator-

You stayin' again tonight?

Sadly i must attend to my apartment. Trust me when I say id rather not have the burden tonight.

*She slowly removes his mask and looks at him, the tar barrel fires it his eyes.*

Something to think on tonight, oh captain.

*She locks lips with Zill for what feels like hours. This time he wasnt caught off guard and didnt let go so easily. She gave a hug and went off toward the gates. She wags her butt playfully as she disappears into the night.*

Dont miss me too much. Ill be back.

*Zill waves.*

I look forward to it.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 15, 2013, 12:23:02 am
--NARRATOR--

The night moves on. Zill, BdrLine, and Shink drink for a few more hours before retiring into their respective beds. Shink thinks about what Zill said about Urchin. As much as Shink wants to go after him, he decides to trust in what Zill said. Shink would only realize in a few months Urchin died in a raid by the Baronies Military on Urchin's illegal plushie refinery. Urchin may have contacts, but not nearly as many as BdrLine.

After BdrLine and Shink left, Zill stood upon his squid again, alone, staring into the night sky. Part of him wished he had went with Jun'ko.
Another time I guess.

BdrLine hurried home to put the last part of his over-watch plan for Ny-Lee and Roland's date.
Alright, I think a few meters is a safe viewing distance.

Paradox headed back to his HQ where his "enjoyments" were waiting for him.
There you ladies are, just like I left you.

Roland and Ny-Lee walked together back to BdrLine's place. The two shared a long kiss before breaking.
I'm looking forward to our date and the surprise tomorrow.

I am looking forward to it myself Ny-Lee.

After Ny-Lee went inside, Roland ran back to the saloon just before Yiski locked up. In order for his surprise to work, Roland needed Yiski's help.
Woah, Roland. You need something?

Yes, you know I have a date tomorrow. Well, I need to borrow something.

Is it that?

Roland affirmatively nodded.
Of course you can. Just be careful with it.

Yiski went into the back, came back, and tossed something to Roland.
Thank you Yiski. I mean it.

I know you do.

Roland took the package and head back to his apartment.
So he's gonna use that tomorrow, huh? Now I really need make sure things go right.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 32--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 15, 2013, 10:27:05 am
--START OF DAY 33--

--NARRATOR--

Roland woke up with the morning sun. He wiped his eyes and stared out his window. He got himself ready for work and for this evening's date. As he washed his face he looked at himself in the mirror.
Alright! I have to give it my all today!

Roland made his way to the saloon and saw Yiski standing outside the door. Roland was puzzled and asked.
Is everything alright Yiski?

Yiski turn and saw Roland and smiled.
Well don't you look like a noble. I figured you'd want to work for a bit before you date, so I'm gonna tell you right now you've got the entire day to spend with Ny.

What? Are you....

Yup. Now I appreciate all the help you've given in the past week, but you need to focus on Ny and treat her well.

Roland was speechless for a moment. He eventually smiled, nodded, and went on his way to BdrLine's place to pick up Ny-Lee. As soon Roland was out of sight, Yiski went back inside and grabbed the scope of off Blood Bolt. Yiski murmurs.
Now, I just got to wait for Zill so he can watch the saloon for the day so I can keep an eye on Roland.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 15, 2013, 10:47:14 am
-Narrator-

Zill woke up to knocking on the door again. He begrudgingly answered it after tossing on his mask. The messenger didnt know what to think of a man in a gas mask and boxers, but he quickly shook the thought and handed Zill the parchment.

Ye old dog,

I need you to watch the Saloon for me today while I keep an eye on our two new love birds, Ny-Lee and Roland. You've wasted enough time at the Port as it is, so waste some time over here today.

Yiski

Saloon duty eh? Looks like I need to dig in the old storage and get some barrels over there. Im not touchin' his concoctions.

Zill quickly gets an old uniform on and goes down into his warehouse basement. It was nearly the size of the warehouse on its own, but it was entirely packed with barrels of fine brews. He marked what he wanted taken and went back outside. He found a few workers doing nothing on the slow day. Who would pass up a round for a short delivery? Sure enough he got them to pack up his choices and they headed to the Burning Skies.

-End Narrator-

-Saloon-

*Zill limps up the hill to the Saloon and sees Yiski*

Old dog eh? Youre lucky I find that a compliment these days. Not leaving the spy work to BdrLine anymore I see. Poor Roland is in for a hell of a night. *Laughs*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 15, 2013, 11:05:16 am
*Yiski responds to Zill*
I figured BdrLine was gonna keep an eye on them as well. I'm just making sure BdrLine doesn't do anything rash. You know how he feels about his lil' sister.

*Yiski spots a few barrels Zill brought with him.*
What all this Zill? Don't feel like handling any of my stuff? It's not like it could blow up.... wait... it can.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 15, 2013, 11:14:18 am
*Zill smirks.*

Exactly. Ill use your brews for weapons against unruly patrons before I go serving it.

*He orders the barrels inside and set up for the day, then turns back to Yiski.*

Well if anyone could screw up a date, its both of you. Dont go spoiling a good thing. The Skies know we need some good around here once in awhile.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 15, 2013, 11:55:13 am
--Docks--
(BdrLine's Home)

*It's the start of the day, and Bdr is downstairs in the kitchen eating breakfast. Upstairs, Ny-Lee is getting ready for her date today with Roland*
*At the door, a knock can be heard and Bdr goes over to see who it is*

Don't worry Ny, I got it just keep doing your girly things and what not*chuckles a little*

*Ny upstairs*
Ugh, my brother

*As Bdr goes and opens the door, he sees that it's Roland*
Why hello there Roland, looks like your ready to go. Hold on my sister is still upstairs getting ready. Come inside while you wait, want something to eat, I made breakfast

*Bdr goes inside back to the kitchen, but before he goes in, he yells up the stairs*
Ny, your prince charming is here.

*Ny-Lee was started by her brothers yell and she fell over while trying to put on her outfit*
*On the floor, Ny in her thoughts again*
WAIT HE'S HERE. Oh no oh no and I'm not even ready yet

*She calls down*
Hold on be jut a minute.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 15, 2013, 01:13:21 pm
*Shink strolls into the Bar, closing the door behind him. He notices that Zill is the one running the place*

"Hey Zill... Where's Yiski and Roland? I hope they told you what explodes in here"

*A nervous smile creeps up on his face*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 15, 2013, 01:27:47 pm
*Zill stares at Shinkurex before responding.*

I know what explodes. Everythin'. Thats why I refuse to touch it unless i need to break up a fight.

*He motions to 5 barrels on the bar.*

Self serve here. Tab still counts though. In order down the line we have No.2, No.3, Spiked Anvala Ale, Wive's Tale Whiskey, and Yeshan Sake. First one's on me buddy.

*He hands him a mug*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 15, 2013, 01:31:56 pm
*Takes the mug, and fills it with some Yeshan Sake*

"Thanks Zill... and I appreciate your help with the baron. He shouldn't be a problem anymore"

*Sits in his usual corner table*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 15, 2013, 01:55:40 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski grabs his scope and turns to Zill before walking out*
I'm hurt you'd think I'd screw this up for Roland. Again, I'm only observing and making sure he can handle the package. Now if you'll excuse me I'm gonna head for BdrLine's place and talk to him about his plans.

*With that speech, Yiski heads out for BdrLine's place, but he kept in mind he shouldn't be seen by the couple*
Now, if they haven't left yet, I better hide somewhere. Hmm... I guess I could take cover behind the wall there.

--BdrLine's House--

*Roland blushes at being called a prince charming. He then hears Ny-Lee call down and he responds*
We are not in any rush. We have plenty of time today.

*Roland looks at BdrLine. BdrLine's stare feels like it piercing his soul. Slightly nervous he talks to BdrLine*
How are you today BdrLine? I hope you do not mind me and Ny-Lee dating.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 15, 2013, 02:49:30 pm
-Saloon-

*Things were going smoothly at the Burning Skies. Patrons were enjoying the drink selection, and generally everyone was content. Zill's mind wandered off like the night before.*

Bah, I should of went with Jun'ko. Then again, maybe too soon. I dont even know anymore...

*He takes a deep breath. He catches a whiff of something hes not smelled for years. Perfume of a heavenly scent.*

Surely not of these guys are wearing that.....Where is it coming from??

*The door swings open, and Jun'ko walks through. Her red corset complimenting her ruby lips. The Saloon practically went silent as she walked up to the bar.*

I hear my Admiral has acquired the Burning Skies for the day. I couldnt pass up that kind of a good time.

*She see's the barrel of Yeshan Sake and her eyes light up.*

I havent had Sake in years! You really are full of surprises Zill. *Plants a kiss on his mask*

*The patrons simply stare are Jun and Zill. He notices the gazes and hops up on the bar.*

Ill be damned if this be a normal night at the bar. Lets have some music in here. Thats an order!

*A cheer fills the saloon as the old piano in the far corner is dusted off and played, followed by a violin. It will be a night to remember at the Burning Skies.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 15, 2013, 03:48:36 pm
BdrLine's House
*After the small stare down, Bdr goes to a smile and laughs*

Relax a little Roland, it's not that Im going to hunt you and kill you. But I'm happy that you are dating my sis. Instead of trouble happening to me, it's passed down to you*chuckles*

*Ny-Lee then comes down the stairs, All dressed in her finest clothing with a smallscent of perfume*
Azn stop that, don't you know you are scaring him a little

*To Roland*
Wow Roland , you look so handsome in that. Come let's go before my brother pulls more cracks at us.

*Ny-Lee grabs Roland by the arm and they left the house towards their destination*

So where is this play going to be at?

*Back at the house, once Bdr felt sure they are away, he goes up stairs and change into a suit, from the he grabs a top hat from the closet. Before he leaves, he pulls out a monocle from a pocket, as well as a fake moustase*

*He turns leaves his house and trails the couple behind*
I hope Ny's training can't spot me in this get-up




Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 15, 2013, 03:57:21 pm
*gives a short spur of spasms on the ground*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 15, 2013, 04:08:05 pm
-Streets of the Garden District-

-Narrator-

Oliver was returning home after a nice walk through the City. He had always enjoyed that since he moved here many years ago. On his way, he caught a glimpse of something down a nearby alleyway. The silhouette of a man on the ground. He was mortified, fearing the worst. When the body twitched, he quickly rushed over.

Dear Skies, its Spoon! Someone come quickly! I require assistance!

A few citizens helped Oliver carry Spoon to his house. He was placed in the bed and Oliver began his work. Upon inspection of his back, he reckoned Spoon fell off a nearby roof. Oliver put Spoon on some drugs to put him to sleep, and ease the pain. He then went to work on the man's back. Surgery to realign his spine was a must, and the long task began...

Its a miracle youre alive. Now lets pull another one and get you sorted out.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 15, 2013, 04:22:37 pm
--Somewhere in the Garden District--

--NARRATOR--

Roland was stunned to see how beautiful Ny-Lee looked. It was the first time he had seen her in a dress.
I have to say Ny-Lee, you look positively beautiful in that dress.

Ny-Lee blushed and gave Roland a kiss on the cheek.
Thank you. I was worried about this dress.

Roland shook his head.
No, no. The dress compliments your eyes well.

They walk for a bit, marveling at the Garden District's architecture and gardens. Ny-Lee asks Roland.
When is the play?

The play is in a few hours. I thought it would be nice to first get something to eat.

I suppose I can't argue with that. My brother certainly is not like the cooks back home.

The two chuckle and Roland points to a cafe at the end of the street
This place has the best lunch the Garden District has to offer. Will this do?

Yes it will.

While the couple get a table, BdrLine is crouched behind one of the circular garden's bushes. Because BdrLine is so focused on the couple, he didn't realize Yiski was behind him.

Yiski put a hand on BdrLine's shoulder which caused BdrLine to jump in surprise.

--NARRATOR END--

*Yiski pulling BdrLine back down*
Calm down, or you'll give us both away. Kinda figured you'd be here too.

*Yiski pulls out his scope and watches the couple*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 15, 2013, 04:43:24 pm
*As Bdr fixes his disguise, he turns to Yiski*

What are you doing here? I thought you would be at the saloon.... Wait, if you are here, what poor sap has to deal with watching all your drinks?

*he spots the scope that Yiski is using*

Why didn't I think of that! So what do you see, anything michevious going on? Here let me look
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 15, 2013, 04:56:26 pm
*Yiski pushes BdrLine away*
Oh no. Get your own. It's not my fault you didn't plan better.

*Yiski peers through the scope*
Anyways nothin' bad is happenin'. By the skies BdrLine, can't you trust them a little bit.

*Yiski spots Roland looking in their direction*
Crap! Get down!

*Yiski drags BdrLine to the ground with him. Yiski then pokes the scope through the bush and sees the couple's waiter taking their orders*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 15, 2013, 05:09:49 pm
*A man walks into the Burning Skies Saloon, looking tired from days of fighting. His palms are blackened like those of one who's gone countless hours without putting his wrench down, and burns inflicted from chemical spray and bullets are lining his hands. He looks around with a grin, though he's mildly annoyed by several missing faces.*

*The flare gun glistens in the light of the room*

"I'm back."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 15, 2013, 06:05:04 pm
*To Yiski*
What can't a brother be just a little protective for his sister. And what about you don't you trust Roland enough huh? How come you are out here spying as well.

*Bdr looks over the bush*
I think they ordered filet minon, by the looks of things. Shoot Ny is looking over here as well get down

*Bdr pulls down Yiski to hide themselves*

--Meanwhile--
*As Roland and Ny-Lee waits for their food, Ny has a feeling as they are being watched*
*She looks to a spherical bush as if there might be someone there*
Roland, do you have a feeling that someone is watching us?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 15, 2013, 06:12:37 pm
--Garden District--

*Roland looks in the general direction of where Ny-Lee was looking. Nothing*
Well, I do not see anything, but I do get the feeling we are being watched. Do you think BdrLineAzn is nearby?

*After the two looked around a bit in some manner of confusion, the waiter returns with their orders*
Here are your meals sir and madam. Is there anything else I could get you?

*Roland breaks from his search and looks to the waiter.*
Yes, could I get a bottle of Anvala's Special Wine Reserve. Vintage 402.

Excellent choice sir. I will return shortly.

*The waiter leaves and Roland looks to Ny-Lee*
Let us forget about whether we are being watched or not and eat before our meal gets cold.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 15, 2013, 07:44:22 pm
--Garden District--
*To Roland after the food arrives*
I guess you're right. Maybe something just caught my eye that's all.

*Both begin to eat their meals, as soon as they begin eating, the waiter brings in the bottle that Roland order*

 Sir, Madam your bottle, would you like me to pour you a drink.

 Why yes please. Ny-Lee I think you may love this. Anvala's Special Wine Reserve is one of the finest in all of Anvala, Only a few bottles are made each year.

*As the waiter pours two glasses for the couple, Ny-Lee takes the glass and sips the Wine*
Wow Roland this is fantastic. Everything feels great right now, thanks for setting up this date

--Back to  Yiski and BdrLine--

 Whew that was a close one. I think they almost saw us. Yiski you should be more careful next time, maybe you should wear a disguise like mine

*looks through the bush again*
Hey look, they started eating... Wait did Roland order a Special Reserve? Got to admit, he does know his wines
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 15, 2013, 08:43:16 pm
*Yiski chuckles at BdrLine*
Hell, what do you think I teach him when he comes by to work? I'm more than just a purveyor of fine spirits. Plus, that wine does hold a fond memory of mine.


--NARRATOR--

Roland and Ny-Lee eat their meal in peace. The two chat on a number of subjects, but mostly it's Ny-Lee talking about her life in the Empire. The conversation then turns on about their families.

Well, there are my parents. Both of them are fairly wealthy thanks to their connections to the royal court and their trading company. And of course, you already know about my brother. She sighs. What are your parents like?

That question made Roland stop. Even though Yiski did tell him things about his father, it was mostly about their time in the military. And when Roland attempted to ask anything about his mother, Yiski would deflect the question and change subjects.

While Roland was deep in thought, Ny-Lee became concerned.
Roland... is everything alright? I hope I didn't ask something offensive.

Roland immediately broke from his thoughts.
What... no, no. It is nothing. I never really talk about my parents.

Why is that?

I believe that is a conversation for another time. I will promise to tell you later. More importantly I need to get our check. Can't be late for the play, right?

Well, that is the main reason for the date, so I suppose we should get going.

Roland hails their waiter for their check. When the check arrives, Roland pays the amount and the two are off to the theater.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 15, 2013, 08:55:09 pm
*A man walks into the Burning Skies Saloon, looking tired from days of fighting. His palms are blackened like those of one who's gone countless hours without putting his wrench down, and burns inflicted from chemical spray and bullets are lining his hands. He looks around with a grin, though he's mildly annoyed by several missing faces.*

*The flare gun glistens in the light of the room*

"I'm back."

*Shink Sees Sunderland stroll in*

"My gods... Is that Sunderland??? It is! Welcome back friend! I barely recognized you...Here the first drink is on me"

*Motions for Sunderland to sit*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 15, 2013, 09:12:01 pm
--Garden District--

*As Roland and Ny-Lee leaves the cafe to go to the play, BdrLine and Yiski was about to move from their hiding spot when the cafe owner spots them in the bushes*

Hey what are you two doing spying on my costumers!

*BdrLine whispers into Yiski's ear*
Don't worry I got this

*to the cafe owner*
Why good evening fine sir. My partner and I here are bush trimming experts and is just looking at this lovely specimen. If I may ask my good man, where do you get the skill to make this bush into a sphere. It's one of the hardest shapes to get

*The cafe owner getting a little peeved*
If you two ate bush experts then I am King Gregor of the Baronies. What's the REAL reason you two were hiding.

Well umm I ahh ... YISKI RUN *Bdr pushes the cafe owner and runs in one direction*
*the owner gets backs up and sees Bdr running away*

 I'LL KEEP HIM DISTRACTED, WHILE YOU TRAIL THE TWO. I MEET UP WITH YOU WHEN I GET THE CHANCE

*As Ny-Lee and Roland nears the playhouse, They don't notice the chase that is happening just down the block as Bdr is weaving in and around people trying to lose the cafe owner*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 15, 2013, 09:34:02 pm
-Saloon-

-Narrator-

The Burning Skies was alight with festivities. The "band" in the corner grew to include a man with an accordion. A makeshift dance floor was created for everyone merry enough to join in. It was a proper night at the Saloon, and Zill wouldnt have it any other way.

Jun'ko was the jewel of the affair, but no man was foolish enough to contend with the Admiral for her. She danced and was a general tease to Zill while he had to keep tabs and make sure the ale was always flowing for the patrons.

-End Narrator-

*Zill sees Sunderland walk in and he tosses him a mug.*

Ah Sunder! Help yourself to the finest. First one's on me. Let your troubles be cast away this night at the Burning Skies.

*Jun'ko wanders up to Zill at the bar. No matter what he's tried, he could not get over her beauty this night.*

Im feeling lonely on the dance floor, oh captain. Would you care to join me?

-Narrator-

The patrons begin to cheer him on. Never shying from a challenge, he hops over the bar and takes her hand. The floor clears and only they are left to dance. The song, and the waltz begins. Zill leads her around the dance floor masterfully. Her silky white skirt twirling as they dance around the floor. It was as if it was all meant to be. A flash of red as he twirls her with skill and precision. Not for many years has Zill had a reason to dance. They finish with a fine twirl and the Saloon goes wild. More rounds are poured and the a new song begins.

-End Narrator-

*Zill looks into her eyes.*

I never knew i still had it in me. Its been quite awhile since ive had the pleasure of dancing.

*Jun'ko blushes slightly*

Only the best for my Admiral.

*She gives the mask a peck and they settle at the bar*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 15, 2013, 09:44:15 pm
--Garden District--

*Yiski watches BdrLine leading the owner away. Yiski manages to cut a corner and lost his spot. Yiski peeks around and sees BdrLine evading capture. He chuckles.*
Well, I better head to the theater.

--NARRATOR--

Roland and Ny-Lee arrive at the theater. The play was being held by the local Anvalan Thespians Guild. The play... think Hangover set in a steampunk world with Shakespearean actors. The couple walked up to the counter.

Good evening. Tickets are 100 gold per person.

Ny-Lee's eyes widened in shock.
Two hundred gold? Roland, do you have the money?

Roland smiled and gave Ny-Lee a kiss on the cheek.
Well, ticket prices on the day of a play are usually this high, but I came prepared.

Roland then handed the counterman a proof of purchase for two tickets. The counterman took the proof of purchase from Roland and handed him the tickets.
Enjoy the tonight's play sir and madam.

As the walked inside, Ny-Lee turns to Roland.
How did you pay for the tickets in advance? I know from Yesha advance purchases are more expensive. Where did you get the money from?

Roland smiled.
Well, Yiski actually gave the money.

Ny-Lee was about to respond, but was cut off by Roland continuing.
After his adventure and sudden windfall from the Empire, Yiski really did not know what to do with the money. When I said I wanted to take you on a date, he practically forced me to use the money. I said I would pay him back, but he quite adamantly against the notion.

Ny-Lee was still in shock.
I guess he really cares about you doesn't he?

He really does. Most times I consider him my father.

As soon as Roland said that, he began to regret it quickly. Ny-Lee saw Roland's expression change and quickly gave him a kiss on the lips.
Come on. The play is about to start.

--NARRATOR END--

*Yiski sat outside the theater. He noticed Roland and Ny-Lee went inside. Yiski scratched his head for a moment.
Well, I really don't like plays. Meh, I'm sure those two will do just fine without me watchin' them. I'm sure BdrLine's okay. I think I'll call it an evening and head back to the saloon. No tellin' what damage Zill has caused.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Lord Dick Tim on March 15, 2013, 10:38:01 pm
-Docks-

The smell of burning flesh and the sound of moans consumed the deck of the Cloud Whaler, the Junker was listing heavily on it's side, the starboard engine a smoking ruin and it's deck a charred mess of burnt wood and human remains
A gaping hole was rent into her port side hull, the damage so severe that the bones of the ship lay bare, their timbers creaking dangerously as she tacked hard in a sudden wind that threatened to rip the ships guts out from under her.

Richard Timothy, Captain of the ship, held his hand hard to the wheel, keeping her bow pointed at an empty section of the harbor as ferry boats began to scramble while a crew-men fired off a red flare cluster to signal that the ship was under duress, and a green single one to declare that all the ammunition had been dumped, negating the risk of an explosion in the docks if she could get a guiding harness under her hull.

She'd only been two days out since her last port call, far to short a time to have made a return trip with any kind of cargo.  The damage spoke of a battle in the sky, the torn out hull likely the ramming head of a Pyramidion styled craft, though it was a surprise the Junker class vessel could survive such an encounter with enough wood tied to the balloon to get back.

It looked like the Cloud Whaler would be staying for a little while.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 15, 2013, 10:40:02 pm
-SALOON-

*Sits down and grabs a drink*

"I hope things didn't get too calm out here while I was having fun with the raiders. We were under constant fire. Three straight days of absolutely no sleep, just running around the ship fixing things. And I didn't let a single component break. We ended up getting them, and we got them good. Next time you head over to Anglea, you'll find a few less raider camps, and a few more scorched ruins. We must've had to down twenty or so ships to do it. One of those morons managed to board our ship and give me a hell of a time"

*shows off a huge gash in his right hand*

"Of course, the poor idiot didn't count on me being left-handed"

*glances at his bloodstained mallet*

But enough of my chatter. How've things been over in this place?


Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 15, 2013, 10:58:38 pm
Papa walks in new limbs glinting in the dusk light, the silver plated metal with gold accents oozed of opulence. He wore standard high class clothes, his top hat had a good cleaning... But far more noticeable was his black jacket, it was long with an Epaulette on his left shoulder, the Dandy Lions logo stitched in gold. Furthermore he had a cloak hanging off his right shoulder, the red silk lining showed briefly as the draft kicked it up as he entered the saloon. Jen followed behind him.

*Walking over to Zill and Jun'ko*

"Before you ask, I figured it was time for an upgrade, Qwerty helped with the surgery, and my engineers crafted the parts out of the strongest materials in Anvala and plated them with the finest... The clothes however, blame Jen she said I should be looking more like a CEO."

"Don't act like you don't like them."

Papa let out a grunt.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 15, 2013, 11:16:26 pm
*Yiski returns to the saloon, content that Roland could handle the rest without supervision. Upon entering and seeing two more couple, he gives a laugh*
Really, is tonight really couples' night? By the skies, this has been a long day.

*Yiski looks to Zill*
Alright, I'm relieving you of duty. Now get your watered-down dribble out of here so I can go back serving the good stuff. Also, has anyone seen BdrLine?

*Yiski spots Sund*
Holy hell, you're still alive! What puffed up adventure have you been on? Wait, I don't want to know because I won't believe it.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: N-Sunderland on March 15, 2013, 11:26:50 pm
*looks over to Yiski*

"I just finished telling my story. I'd tell it again, but I won't if you don't think you'll believe it. Regardless of what happened, it's good to be back after the hell I went through. And I don't know how many times I've told you, they'll never get me. I dealt with them so well that I got promoted. Chief Technician. It's been a long time coming."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 15, 2013, 11:45:21 pm
*Zill stares at Yiski*

My watered down dribble just saved you a day at the Saloon so you could go spy on your boy. Let em finish the open barrels.

*He hops the bar and holds Jun'ko at his side. She simply glows.*

Plus, these guys are having the time of their life. Am i right?! *He raises his mug*

*A cheer followed by a new song. He looks at PapaP.*

Awe dont ye look pretty. You could double as a side gun on my boat. *Smirks*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 16, 2013, 12:20:46 am
*Yiski sighs*
Alright, by the skies, it's been awhile since the saloon been like this. I wouldn't mind if this happened every night.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 16, 2013, 12:27:30 am
"The one you recently covered in tar? HA!"

Jen was holding onto Paradox's right arm, she was obviously intimidated by the patrons of the bar. She was humble but not sure how to react, her nervousness seeped into Paradox. Although he didn't openly acknowledge it, he was aware and on high guard.

One of the patrons grabbed her ass as he brushed past her.

She let out a subtle "eep" noise.

Within seconds Paradox twirled around, pushing Jen behind him, He tripped the man who then proceed to slam his face on the bar counter. Paradox grabbed him by the back of the collar and held him suspended in mid air, his volcanic pistol was aimed at the mans chest.

"Yiski, would you kindly tell this man who he has flaked with? Right now I'm deciding whether or not to kill him."

*He cocked the pistol*

Besides the few people who saw this occur, the rest of the bar continued as if nothing was happening.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 16, 2013, 12:30:41 am
*Yiski looks to the poor sap who just pissed of Paradox*
You have just pissed of the CEO of the Dandy Lions Trading Company. I'd say more, but I think you get an idea of the man you're dealing with.

*Yiski looks at Paradox*
Let the idiot go. We're having fun and the last thing I want is a dead man on my saloon floor.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 16, 2013, 12:42:55 am
*Zill Takes the man from PapaP and throws him on the ground. Jun'ko kicks him out the door*

There. Now quit pickin' fights you overgrown teapot. I swear, have a good time for once.

*He pats Yiski's back*

Me and Jun'ko are headed out. Dont worry about the spare barrels. Ill get them eventually.

*One last toast as Zill leaves.*

By the Skies we drink this night. Be merry my men!

*A final cheer follows the two out the door.*

-Narrator-

The cool wind bit ever so slightly at the skin tonight. Jun'ko huddles close to Zill as they made their way to the Port. They were empty, save for the boats docked. His Galleon sat as it was placed. He stood and the memories nipped at his conscience. Zill lets out a deep breath.

This ship brings back more than I will ever know, doesnt it?

It does. I could tell you the story a million times and the pain would never sink in as it does for me.

Jun'ko slowly removes his mask, and kisses his cheek.

I couldnt imagine. But i hope i can lessen it, my Admiral.

I feel it even now.

Let us sleep. We need it after a night like this. *Chuckles*

The two retreat to the back chambers. Jun'ko puts Zill to bed, and she joins him shortly after. She knows its not yet time, and is more than happy to comfort him into a peaceful sleep.

-End Narrator-
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 16, 2013, 12:50:49 am
--NARRATOR--

The evening in the saloon went on even with the single unpleasant moment. Paradox was still a steaming and messing with his outfit only to have Jen fix it up again. Other than that, the entire saloon was singing and drkining.
Been awhile since the saloon seen this much good times.

Meanwhile, Zill and Jun’ko shared a nice warm bed on Zill’s galleon. Zill enjoyed the comfort Jun’ko brought him mentally and to an extent physically.

While the festivities continued at the saloon, Roland and Ny-Lee left the theater. Both of them were laughing hysterically and holding their sides.
I don’t think I have ever laughed so hard in my life.

I know. I would like to know how they managed to get a tiger well-tamed enough for that scene.

The two continued to talk about various aspects of the play as they walked through the Garden District. As they walked, Ny-Lee kissed Roland on the cheek.
I had a wonderful evening tonight.

Roland smiled and returned the kiss.
Well, the night is not over yet. I did promise you a surprise.

Ny-Lee giggled.
I believe you’re right. So, what is this surprise?

Patience. First we need to head to the Docks.

The Docks? The surprise is there?

There was confusion and hesitation in Ny-Lee’s tone. It was understandable, nobody in their right mind would take their date to the Docks... unless you wanted to push them off the side. A thought Zill had many times with new engineers. Roland looked at Ny-Lee.
Yes and no. The surprise is somewhere else. But we need to get to the Docks.

The young couple arrived at the Docks. At this time, the Docks were unusually quiet. Ny-Lee was still wondering what the surprise could be as she followed closely behind Roland. The two walked towards the back of the Docks and sees one of the slots occupied, but covered in a giant tarp.
Here it is.

What is it?

I’ll show you.

Roland walks over to the console and presses the button to roll back the tarp. It was a squid. Ny-Lee was shocked.
Is this your ship Roland?

No, it’s Yiski’s. Say hello the Kyllo. And before you ask, yes, Yiski knows I am using the Kyllo for our date. It is why he handed me this package. And no, you will know what is inside as soon as we get airborne.

At this point, Ny-Lee is beyond words and thinks to herself.
A fine dinner, a wonderful show, and now an airship flight. Roland certainly knows how to impress.

Roland jumps onto the Kyllo and offers his hand to Ny-Lee which she takes. Roland runs the necessary checks and takes the Kyllo out of the Docks. Soon, Roland clears Anvalan airspace and they’re high above the clouds. Ny-Lee is so excited she holds her arms out and lets the wind rush by her.

At this time, all of Anvala’s citizens are asleep. Only these two remain awake. There’s a point where there’s no cross-wind to be had and Roland manages to find the point, settle the Kyllo, and kill the engines. Roland walks over to Ny-Lee and hands her the pacakge.
Well, you wanted to know what was inside.

Roland opens the package to reveal two heavy blankets. Ny-Lee was more confused now than ever.
Why did Yiski give you blankets?

Well, first, it’s cold up here. Second, wait.

Ny-Lee wanted to know what the second part was, but at least he was right on the first. It was bloody cold. So the two dawned on the blankets and sat, snuggling each other. Two hours pass of silent bliss. Eventually, Ny-Lee had to break the silence.
Roland, this was the most wonderful date, but I’m still curious as to wh....

Ny-Lee was interrupted by something so charming and glorious, it just caused her to hang her mouth wide open.
I’ve never seen a sunrise like... it’s so beautiful.

Roland smiled.
Surprise.

Ny-Lee looked at Roland’s expression and she felt warm all over despite the cold altitude temperatures.
I’ve been on dates before, but Roland... my goodness, I think I love him.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 33--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 16, 2013, 11:09:51 am
--START OF DAY 34--

--NARRATOR--

Today was a typical opening of the saloon and business went on as the same as it always had: Lots of drinking, some spontaneous singing, and a few scuffles.

Meanwhile, Roland and Ny-Lee were spending an extra day out in the skies. Luckily there were supplies on the Kyllo.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 34--


Sorry for this token post. Since I'm participating in Cogs later, I do not want to maintain the RP. This will likely be a regular occurrence when I have future Cog matches.

Sorry to deprive many of you of your daily source of slice of life, romance, adventure, and action.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 17, 2013, 11:19:11 am
--START OF DAY 35--

--NARRATOR--

Roland and Ny-Lee finally return to the Docks after a full day of flying all around Anvala. The two would be exhausted if not for the fact they slept in the spot where there were no cross-winds. As Roland docked Kyllo back into position, the two hopped of the ship and shared a kiss. Suddenly...
Ahem... Looks like the two of you had fun.

They quickly broke their kiss and noticed Yiski standing nearby. The couple blushed and Roland was rubbing the back of his head.
I apologize for keeping Kyllo out for an additional day, but...

No, that's fine. I'm just making sure the two of you are fine, especially since I didn't hear anything from you on the radio. You should've seen how much of a wreck BdrLine was yesterday. He's at home if you're wondering.

Ny-Lee blushes and turns to Roland and gives him another kiss on the lips.
I suppose I should head home and tell my brother I'm okay. I'll see you later.

Will you stop by the saloon after checking in with BdrLine?

Of course.

Ny-Lee gives Roland another kiss, but on the cheek this time, and heads of for BdrLine's place. Soon, Roland and Yiski start walking back toward the saloon.
So... I guess everything went alright up in the skies?

As much as Roland wanted to describe the day in full, Roland knew Yiski wouldn't want to know the details of their date and simple said.
Yes.

Yiski smiled and patted Roland on the back. Eventually, when they arrived back at the saloon, it was time to open.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 17, 2013, 11:39:42 am
*Shink storms into the saloon, Sits down in his usual spot... Unfortunately, in his frustration, he sat down too forcibly, and the legs of the chair broke... Without saying a word, Shink grabs another chair, and this time sits a bit more gently than before*

*The patrons closest to him could hear him muttering something under his breath*

"Curse that academy and everyone in it..."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 17, 2013, 11:47:50 am
*Yiski sighs*
Dammit Shink! Do you just break everything you touch?

*Yiski looks at Shink more closely*
By the skies, you seem paranoid again.

*Yiski walks to the counter and comes back with a Frost Fire Ale*
Here, this one's on me.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 17, 2013, 11:51:29 am
*Takes the ale and downs it in one go*

"It's not my fault! those cursed academy idiots fired me!.... Just because I may have 'accidentally' grazed the Dean's son.... Which I didn't!"

*Looks around at the other patrons*

"What?! I didn't!"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 17, 2013, 12:26:06 pm
-Narrator-

Zill woke up slowly, his eyes heavy, and on his back. Jun'ko was wrapped around him still fast asleep. He couldnt remember the last time he didnt have a past memory haunt him during the night, but today was one of those days. He shifted slightly and that was enough to awaken Jun'ko.

...Mornin' my Admiral...

Mornin' sunshine.

...You look like you slept well. My mission was a success then.

Best sleep in a long time. I could get used to this.

You better. *Chuckles*

*Sighs* So much to get done today.

Jun'ko shifted on top of Zill and kissed him softly, smiling after. His thoughts of work were promptly dashed. He hadnt felt this way about anyone for years, and it was a welcome change. They gazed into each others eyes for a moment. Its was telepathy at its finest. Jun'ko blushed slightly, and Zill pulled her down to him. The scant clothing they had was dashed across the chambers, and the morning was theirs.

-End Narrator-

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 17, 2013, 12:43:35 pm
--BdrLine's Home--
*Acter being chased down by the cafe owner two days ago and not knowing where his sitter was at yesterday, Bdr is pacing around his house thinking the worst has happened*

*Ny-Lee goes up to the house and opens the door and sees her brother in the state that he was in*

Azn I'm home. And it's alright I'm fine Roland and I just went out for another day. Sorry I didn't tell you or anything.

*Bdr sees his sister heads in and immediately goes up to her and hugs her*

It's alright, as long as I know you are safe, then I am happy. *then Bdr releases the hug and only has his hands on Ny' shoulders*  So how was it. Nothing to extreme happen or anything?

*Ny think about whether or not she should tell her brother about the cruise Rolamd and her took yesterday around the city. But she shook it out of her mind and decides it was the best not to.*

It was lovely, Roland took me out to this wonderful cafe out in the Garden District, then to this comedy after dinner....

*Bdr clamps a hand over her mouth*

Alrighty already. I think thats enough information for me. Too much lovey dovey for me *laughs*

*Ny takes her brothers hand out of her mouth*

[color=]Oh haha, just wait till you find a date and see what happens[/color]

*chuckling* If I ever find a date, it will be when all my experiments won't explode during the first time. Come on let's go to the saloon, I need something drink from yesterday and you can zee your boyfriend as well

Oh just shut it will ya*She blush at the name of boyfriend out of her brothers mouth and punches him in he arm*

 Dang geez alright Ms. Sensitive. Let's just go then *Rubbing his arm*

*Bdr closes and locks his door, and both siblings head towards the soloon*
*After a few minutes of walkin, they arrived and enter*

*Bdr to Roland in a British accent*
Here you go sir, as I have delivered ye your beautiful maiding *Normal voice*  Plus I need her out of my hair already. Yiski can I have a Hellfire please

*Bdr goes to a stool at the bar and sees Shink*
Yoe looked like someone out to get you. Let me guess Academy again?

*Back to Ny-Lee and Roland*
*Ny blushes at her brothers comment, but she just go up and peck Rolnad on the check so she wouldn't have any side comments from him*

 Miss me already?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 17, 2013, 12:59:18 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski to Shink*
 You got fired, huh? Well, that's to be expected. The Academy always had a track record of firing so many folks within a month. What're you goin' do now for money?

*Yiski turns and sees BdrLine and Ny-Lee and gets BdrLine's request for a Hellfire*
I figured you needed something to calm your nerves. *Yiski hand BdrLine a Hellfire* Ny, you should have seen him yesterday as he came barging into the saloon yellin' about how he lost you.

*Roland to Ny-Lee*
More than you can imagine.

*As the lovely young couple look into each others' eyes, Yiski gave a chuckle.*
Just like Micheal and Maria.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 17, 2013, 01:30:49 pm
*To Yiski*

"Well they can all go get eaten by a Burren sand slug... I don't have any clue at the moment... maybe I'll find some work down at the docks"

*Orders another Ale*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 17, 2013, 01:40:12 pm
*Ny-Lee breaks her gaze from Roland and turns to Yiski*

Wait what do you mean, "he lost me"? It's not like I been taken by raiders ornlike that... Wait a minute *She turns to her brother at the bar*  Was that feeling I had was you following us two days ago!!

*Ny leaves Roland's embrace and starts going up to her brother*

*BdrLine lookin wide eyed, downs the Hellfire and to Ny*
 Well look at the time, Got to head back to the docks. Don't know what them swabbies will do next and what not. Maybe they explode my warehouse right now. Sooo See you later Ny

*As BdrLine tries to head for the front door, Ny grabs him by the collar*

 Oh no you don't. Seriously you didn't trust us enough on a single date! Hold on let me think what todo with you.

Come on Ny, I mean you wouldn't want to do that in front of everyone here, including Roland?*he gulbs at the end*

I know, Roland can you be a dear and hand me a Wild Wind Ale please?

 Ha a drink? Is that all you got. Come on sis, I think your are losing your touch.

*a small smile appears on Ny's lips*
Oh don't you worry my dearest brother of mine

Oh help me Gods

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 17, 2013, 03:28:37 pm
*Roland hesitates a bit. He knew what Ny-Lee could do to BdrLine*
Ny-Lee, darling, is this really necessary. I mean I can understand BdrLineAzn's position.

*Yiski turns to Roland*
Roland, if you want yourself and your relationship to survive, it's best to do what your girlfriend asks.

*Roland read Ny-Lee's face. She was certainly forcing a smile which could probably combust a Hellfire from a kilometer away.*
DO IT!

*Roland swallowed a bit and fixed her a Wild Wind Ale*
Here you go Ny-Lee.

*As Roland handed Ny-Lee the WWA, he turned to BdrLine and mouthed.*
Good luck.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 17, 2013, 03:53:25 pm
-Docks-

*Zill and Jun'ko lay in the bed. The sheets were an utter mess, and Zill couldnt stop smiling. Jun'ko noticed and kisses him.*

Well arent we chipper?

Can yea blame me?

Id actually be worried if you werent.

*They both laugh. Zill turns to her.*

Damn. I dont even want to get up.

*Jun'ko grins devilishly.*

Who said you have to? You are the Admiral after all.

I like your thinkin'.

*They start to kiss again, and the romance begins anew.*



Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 17, 2013, 04:36:00 pm
--Saloon--
*Ny-Lee takes the drink from Roland*
Thank you, and don't worry i won't do anything like this to you*winks*

*To her brother in her grasp*
Now lets see what hallucination will come out of you. Hope its something good

 Ha is that all you got hallucinations? I ain't even afraid, what am I just going to see talking animals or something

*Ny-Lee smirks*
Oh you don't even know

*she opens her brothers mouth and pours the drink down*
*After a few minutes, Bdr's eyes goes wide*

Mr.Sunggles there you are again. *Bdr goes up to a stool and it*

*Ny-Lee laughs at the state her bother is in again*
Nothing like good old pay back, now i have something more against him

*she goes back to Roland*
See nothing to worry about, and besides, i done much worst to him. I figured that right now it would be best for him to humiliate himself in front of the whole saloon

*Bdr can now be seen carrying the stool wtih him around the place. He is also talking to Mr. Sunggles about all his neew adventures. But this was a sight to see as many patrons around the bar just couldn't stop laughing*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 17, 2013, 06:00:14 pm
*Moments pass as BdrLine continues to hallucinate in the saloon.*

*Yiski laughs at BdrLine, but can't help and feel a bit sorry for him*
Alright, alright, you lot calm down. Shink, help me get BdrLine upstairs. Can't have him hallucinating all over the saloon and mistake someone for Mr. Snuggles.

*Shink grumbles, but the two get BdrLine upstairs into the spare room. Yiski decides it's a good idea to lock the room. The two head back downstairs.*

*Yiski then looks to Roland and Ny-Lee*
Well, what have you two got planned next?

*Roland looks to Ny-Lee who is blushing which in turn causes Roland to blush.*
Well, I thought the two of us could spend more time together around Anvala. I am sure there are things which you have not seen yet.

*Yiski smiles and walks up to Roland and pats him on the back.*
Well then you better get started.

*Roland was stunned for a second, but nodded in acceptance.*
Well, I know better than to argue with you, so I guess Ny-Lee and I will head out.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 17, 2013, 06:11:32 pm
-Docks-

*After the day's romantics, Zill and Jun'ko are finally up and about. The Galleon needed very little work done to it to satisfy Zill. Nice thing about the Council Docks was they kept the ships up for him. Every time Zill would pass by Jun'ko working she would simply smile.*

Looks like we are all done here. Shes ready for whatever crazy journey comes next.

Thats a relief. I wanted to go to the Saloon for a bit of that Sake. Care to join me? *Winks*

*Zill accepts wholeheartedly and they set off. It doesnt take them long to get to the Burning Skies. Jun'ko gives Zill a peck on the mask before running to the bar.*

Hey Yiski! Mind if i get some of Zill's Sake?

*Zill soon follows up to the bar.*

Ill have a WSW. We've been busy all day.

*Jun'ko blushes at the remark.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 17, 2013, 06:50:32 pm
*Yiski looks at both Jun'ko and Zill*
You got the same damn glow Paradox had awhile back. I'm pretty certain now of what's been goin' on between you two. Of course, the two of you aren't as subtle as you like to believe.

*Yiski hands Jun'ko some sake and Zill a WSW. Yiski fixes himself a Hellfire and jumps on top of the bar and yells*
A toast to the newest couple of Anvala!

*The saloon erupts in unison*
HERE! HERE!

*Yiski hops down from the bar and downs his Hellfire. Yiski looks to Zill and laughs*
Damn how the hell did you get yourself a girl before me?


--Somewhere in the Western District--

*Roland didn't expect Yiski would toss him to spend more time with Ny-Lee, not that he was complaining, but...*
Um... I will be honest here, I have no idea what we should do. Any suggestions?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 17, 2013, 07:01:17 pm
*Zill downs his WSW, steam escaping from his mask. Then he shrugs*

Hell it beats me. Shes the one to ask about that. I didnt think anyone could be attracted to this. *Gestures to himself and laughs*

*Jun'ko takes a swig of her Sake and giggles.*

Over the years of working with him, i slowly grew to enjoy the man i now have the pleasure of calling my Admiral. He was so unsure of himself when i started being forward with him. Im glad I was now.

*She leans on him and grins. Zill smirks.*

Yea and im also glad youre done lighting my masks on fire. Hand me another round Yiski. How is our younger couple doing these days?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 17, 2013, 07:06:03 pm
*Ny-Lee to Roland as they walk around the District, Ny is hugging Roland's arm and resting her head on his shoulder*

So far I only been to the Garden District and to The Academy with my brother when the saloon was down. Oh can we go to the City Center, I haven't seen it yet.

*Back to the Saloon, BdrLine in the spare room upstairs*

Oh No Mr. Sunggles. We're trapped. Quick find a way out

 Over here Bdr, there's a small light in this opening

Nice thinking Mr. Sunggles. I think I can fit through this and I call for help when I can

*The hole that BdrLine was actually talking about was the top floor window. Bdr unlocks the window and falls down to the ground landing in a passing wagon with hay*

*Bdr gets up and jumps from the wagon and calls up to the empty room*
 Don't worry Mr. Sunggles, I find help *he looks around at the confused people walking about* Oh no demons. And they look like they are about to eat me. NOOO GET AWAY YOU MONSTERS!  

*Bdr then runs away from the saloon and the "monsters" screaming at the top of his lungs into the city*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 17, 2013, 07:53:51 pm
*Yiski looks at Jun'ko, then to Zill, and back to Jun'ko*
Well, I can't say you can do any worse, but you sure as hell could do better. Though I'd imagine at this point it doesn't matter.

*Yiski looks at Zill when he ask about Roland and Ny-Lee*
Well, I figured I'd let them roam out in Anvala. No telling how long Ny-Lee will stay, so I figured I'd give those two as much time together as they can handle.

*Suddenly Yiski and the other hear BdrLine yelling outside.*
Dammit don't tell me BdrLine actually managed to escape.

*Yiski goes outside and looks up at the spare room and notices the window wide open. Yiski sighs and facepalm and walks back inside.*
Screw it, he's the guards problem now.


--Somewhere near the City Center--

*Roland and Ny-Lee arrive at the City Center. They can see a variety of buildings, open stalls, and a few street performers scattered across the area. Roland took a glance at Ny-Lee's face to see her eyes fully open to take in the surroundings.*
Any differences between here and home?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 17, 2013, 08:42:21 pm
--Somewhere in Anvala--
*Bdr is being chased by the guards*

GET AWAY FROM ME YOU DEMONS, AHHHHHH

*As he is being chased, Bdr knocks over stalls and boxes, trying to lose his chasers*

Come on really, who is this guy anyway

I think its BdrLine, can't tell, Whoa thats a box

If it is , i think he finally lost it. I mean come on, his experiments are the wildest

Lets just get him....another box, before he hurt himself

*it took a good hour and 8 guards to finally catch up and tackle BdrLine*
*They noticed that his eyes are dilated and that his breath smelled of alcohol, and they figured that he had too much to drink*
*Two of the guards just carried him home, where tomorrow, BdrLine will recieve a massive headache and hangover*

--City Center--
*Ny-Lee is speechless at the sight*
Look at this architecture, so much different than back in Chang-ning

*she sees one of the street performers doing magic tricks*
Come one and all and see the Great Dayral, myself, perform feats of magic

*he then proceeds to make a flower appear*
*claps came from the small audience*

Oh Roland can we watch?
*She then proceeds to quiver her lips, while giving a puppy dog face*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 17, 2013, 09:30:04 pm
*Jun'ko chuckles at Yiski's comment*

Maybe, but after today, im not so sure thats possible. *She blushes slightly*

*Zill notices and move along the conversation*

Er...Well we all have had an interesting day. Mine sure was busy in numerous ways.......Well what i mean is.....

*Jun'ko was just looking on, watching him make a fool of himself and laughing. Zill just took another swig and stopped at that point.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 17, 2013, 10:51:51 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski laughs*
By the clear skies, Admiral Zill, stuttering his word. *Looks to Jun'ko* Congrats. You've done something I haven't ever seen.


--City Center--

*Roland couldn't resist Ny-Lee's puppy eyes and caved in*
Alright, we can watch.

*It wasn't audible, but Ny-Lee performed a squee. The two stood along with the onlookers to watch the Great Dayral do more magic.*
Now the Great Dayral next performance, I will need someone from the audience to assist me.

*The Great Dayral scanned the crowd until his eyes met with Ny-Lee's*
You miss will do for an excellent assistant for the Great Dayral.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 17, 2013, 11:23:30 pm
--City Center--
*Ny-Lee is quite surprise that she was chosen*
Well should I? I meant that i'm here with my boyfriend

*The crowd gave her some encouragement, even Roland chimed in*
Its alright go on in, this might be exciting as well

Well if you insist.

*Ny-Lee goes up and stands next to the Great Dayral*(changing it to brown, too confusing with your color)
Why Thank you miss, now for my next trick, I will make my assistant float in mid-air

*oohs can be heard from the crowd*

*The Great Dayral then proceeds to pull out a table and places a red cloth on top of it*
Now if you, please lay down on the table

*Ny-Lee proceeds as she was told and lie down*

Now watch as i can make her float

*Dayral then breaks one of the legs, people would think that without one of the legs the table will fall, it didn't*
*He proceeds to break the other three, with only the cloth and Ny-Lee floating*

*Claps came form the crowd as they couldn't believe that she was actually floating*

Now for the finale

*Dayral then pulls the cloth under her, and all that is left is just her floating in mid air, even the table disappeared*
*Cheers and claps are heard after the trick*

Thank you all and thank you for your assistance m'lady

*Dayral then fixes everything and help Ny-Lee down*

*She goes down and heads to Roland*
So how was I?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 17, 2013, 11:25:26 pm
Papa walked in, a casing on his back, he sat down on a stool next to the bar. Opening the case he revealed a weathered acoustic guitar, along with it he pulled out a slide and a stomp box. He placed the guitar on his lap, briefly tuned it, and was off playing the blues. Each pluck of the string distorted by the slide, it resonated through the bar. He was lost in the sad droning of his song.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 17, 2013, 11:32:16 pm
*Zill points at Yiski*

I do not stutter. Merely overwhelmed with emotion i havent had in the better part of a decade. Id like to see you try.

*They all hear PapaP's sad tune and turn to him. Jun'ko speaks first.*

That is quite depressing Papa. Whats wrong?

Way to bring the place down. Did someone die?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 17, 2013, 11:38:40 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski watched as Paradox suddenly started playing in the saloon. He sighed.*
The only reason he plays is when he's sad or horribly mauled a man. Hmm... nope definitely sad.

Paradox, I'm only going to assume something happened between you and Jen.

*Yiski fixed up a Hellfire and handed it to Paradox.*
Care to talk?


--City Center--

*As Ny-Lee rejoined Roland, he gave a kiss on the cheek.*
You did well Ny-Lee. Come on, let us see what else is here.

*Roland handed Dayral a few gold pieces.*
The Great Dayral thanks you sir.

*Roland nodded and the two continued to wander around the Center.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 18, 2013, 12:09:07 am
--City Center--
 hmm how about a dance house
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 18, 2013, 12:09:45 am
"There never was anything between me and Jen, women aren't a priority right now. It's the anniversary my best friends death, this was his guitar."

Papa rips out a particularly soulful riff and continues to play.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 18, 2013, 12:31:03 am
--NARRATOR--

--Saloon--

The saloon was silent except for Paradox's guitar. While some may have found it a bit annoying, they dared not disturb his playing unless they wanted to join Paradox's late friend. Others found it actually peaceful and others seemed moved by it.

For Yiski, it reminded him of a time before joining up with Zill. It reminded him of his own late friends.
Micheal and Maria...

For Zill, even though today had been his happiest in the past few years, it still reminded of his accident which left his face disfigured. He placed his hand against his face and sighed. Luckily for Zill, Jun'ko was right there next to him and gave him a kiss on the other side of his face. Though his masked covered his face, the kiss brought a smile.
I guess it's not all that bad.

BdrLine was probably having one of his worst nights ever. Subjected to Wild Wind Ale by his sister and subsequently tackled by the guards, BdrLine was going to be waking up with a massive headache and a sore body.
Hmmm... Mr. Snuggles.... I need you....

Shinkurex wandered out of the saloon shortly after Paradox started playing. He'd already had a bad day with getting fired from the Academy. The last thing he wanted was to be depressed even further.

For Ny-Lee and Roland, the two spent the rest of the night at a local dance house. The two danced... well, Ny-Lee danced gracefully while Roland just shifted his position a little bit. Roland never was all that coordinated. Ny-Lee chuckled at Roland's attempted to dance, but he didn't care about his lack of dancing skill, he was with the girl he loved.
If she is happy, then I am happy. Though learning to dance for next time could not hurt.

I've really got to teach him how to dance.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 35--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 18, 2013, 10:43:18 am
--START OF DAY 36--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski woke up in a somber mood. Paradox playing the blues last night brought up old memories. Granted many of these memories were pleasant, but the pleasantness actually made the loss of his friends hurt more. It was this hesitation which prevented Yiski from telling Roland anything about his parents.
Dammit. I can already feel this is going to be bad.

Roland woke up in exactly the opposite mood as Yiski. Roland was chipper and humming a tune. Despite having no rhythm or coordination, he enjoyed the dance house with Ny-Lee. Yet, the thought of his parents were ever scratching at the back of his mind. He gave a short sigh.
If I can manage to have Ny-Lee as a girlfriend, I should be able to get Yiski to talk about my parents.

Today was going to be a battle of the minds.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 18, 2013, 11:06:01 am
-Narrator-

The encounter at the Burning Skies with PapaP left Zill a little down, despite Jun'ko's best efforts. She had to tend to her apartment that night and Zill was left in his galleon chambers for his mind to wander the past. This time it was well before his incident. These thoughts were closer to childhood. The sting of the desert, and the raider attacks.

Ah Dusty Mistress. You can be cruel...

Jun'ko was just waking up in her apartment. She clung to a body pillow that poorly represented the Admiral she had grow to admire. She still has family back in The Empire, and friends write occasionally. She has yet to feel the sting of a real loss apart from leaving to adventure the world. She knew the state she left Zill in and let out a faint sigh...

I hope he'll be ok.

-End Narrator-
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 18, 2013, 12:39:20 pm
*Yiski was preparing the saloon for the day when a knock came at the door. Yiski walked over, unlocked, and opened to see Roland.*
Can I come in?

*Yiski sighed and motioned for Roland to come in*
You know you're always allowed inside. I don't see why you always ask. *Yiski sighed again* Well since you're here, I need some help setting up for today.

*The two spent an hour cleaning up the saloon and checking the equipment. When the two finished, Yiski was about to open, but Roland interrupted him.*
Yiski, before you open. I need to ask you something.

Is it about your parents?

Yes.

Damn... I knew Paradox comin' yesterday was some type of omen. Do I even know where to start? Argh.... this is already givin' me bloody headache....

*Yiski stood for a few minutes in silence. He knew he'd have to tell Roland about his parents eventually, but never knew how to go about it.*
Yiski?

Alright. I guess it's about time I did tell you as much as I know about your parents. I'll close up earlier to give me more time. That sound good?

It does.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 18, 2013, 01:22:36 pm
-Saloon-

*Zill got himself moving and went over to the Saloon. He needed something to take the edge off these memories. He opens the door slowly and wanders to the bar.*

WSW, make it double. From the look of your face Yiski, id say we arent feeling much different today.

-City-

*Jun'ko headed into the City Center to get some things for her place. She was still thinking about Zill.*

I really wish i knew how to cheer him up. Hmm....

*She passed by an old watch shop and she instantly knew.*

A gift! That might work..
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 18, 2013, 01:25:51 pm
--BdrLine's House--
*Ny-Lee is already awake and is downstairs*
*She opt for cooking breakfast, as she is the better cook between her and the brother*
*As she is cooking, her thoughts go back to yesterday where Roland tries to dance*

Hehe, ahh Roland, he looks so cute when he tries. Maybe if we have time i might actually teach him

*While Ny is cooking, its a different story back upstairs with BdrLine*
*From the incident with the WWA, and his hallucinations of Demons and Mr.Snuggles, BdrLine is in a deep nightmare*
*He toss and turns in his bed as a cold sweat comes upon his forehead*

No, no get away... Mr. Snuggles where are you?

 *In his dream state*
Over here Bdr *Mr. Snuggles says in a menacing voice* Come here youll be safe. I have a surprise for you

You not Mr. Snuggles... you're, you're one of THEM

Oh thats right,and now you are going to join us as well
*From his back he pulls out a blood stained butcher knife*
*Everything around Bdr goes black as Demon Snuggles rose to giant height with fire engulfing his whole body*
* Maniacal laughter is heard as the demon stomps towards BdrLine*

*Real World*
NO, NO NOOOOO

*Bdr wakes up, and is shaken from his dream*
*He pulls up his legs towards him and hugs them*
*In a low voice he mutters something*

Mama, mama. Where are you?
*He breaks down in a soft cry*

*Back downstairs, Ny-Lee can hear the noise that is coming from her brothers room.*
*Once she heard the scream, she turns off the stove and rushes up to his room*
*She sees her brother quietly crying to himself*
*But once she hears the muttering, she realized what happened*

*Ny goes up to his brother and just holds him in a big embrace*
*Even though BdrLine has been away from his family for only 5 years, his daunting nightmare has shaken him enough to want to call his mother*

*Both siblings just sit there hugging each other not wanting to move*
*Ny-Lee to her brother while still in the hug*
Want to finally call them?

*BdrLine just simply nods his head*

Alright, maybe after breakfast, then will we call. Come on

*Both brother and sister leaves the room in a somber state downstairs*
*During breakfast no words were said*
*After eating, they got dressed and headed towards BdrLine's warehouse to use his radio equipment*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 18, 2013, 02:39:35 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski turns to Zill and hands Zill a WSW. Yiski decides to make himself one as well.*
Yep. You remember Roland's parents right? Well, I promised him I'd tell him about them after closing.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 18, 2013, 03:13:30 pm
-Saloon-

*Zill looks up from his drink*

Ah, Micheal and Maria. With all the darkness of those days, they sure did light up the room.

*He takes a swig, steam escaping his mask.*

Thats not going to be fun for you or Roland, but i do think its been a long time coming. To not tell him would be worse at this point.

-City-

*Jun'ko browses the pocket watches for something special. No ordinary watch would do. She spotted a gold one hanging on its own. Upon opening it, she was stunned. The gears were ticking along under the transparent clock face. On the lid was a small engraving. "Every minute with you is worth more than hours without."*

Oh wow. This has to be it. Ive never been so sure!

*She has her initials added to the engraving, and heads to the docks with a grin on her face the entire way.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 18, 2013, 04:29:23 pm
*Wakes up*
Ugh.. Dammit... where the hell am I?
 *after stumbling out of a rather blood-soaked bed, he takes a look around, seeing a great deal of sharp knives and other wierd looking objects* *the walls start to move and change colors before his eyes*
What the hell is this place? *Grabs his dust rider coat and stumbles over some sort of machine*

*Suddenly a creature emerges from the door-way holding some sharp object in his hand. Spoon grabs his revolver* Who the hell are you? What do you want from me?
*The creature responds* Spoon! It's me, Oliver. What are you doing? Get back to bed, you're not yet recovered*
Ooilevr? You'll never take me you foul creature!
*As Oliver advances on Spoon fires a shot at him, missing by half a meter, then hurls himself out the window, landing outside in the street around some rather surprised citizens*

Ahh, more of you? You'll never catch me alive! *Proceeds by running down the street, shooting blindely in the sky*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 18, 2013, 04:45:29 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski looks around to ensure Roland isn't nearby. When he doesn't see Roland, Yiski turns to Zill*
I know Roland needs to know about his parents. But you sure as hell know like I do there are things which Roland should never know. Especially when it comes to before Micheal and Maria got married.

*Meanwhile, Roland was working in the back room. He was wondering what questions to ask Yiski after closing.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 18, 2013, 06:20:48 pm
*A squid flies low over the town*
Ah! A flying monster! *Grabs a random civilian* Don't worry ma'm, I got this.*Spoon runs up upon some barrels and starts climbing the nearest building. Once up he opens fire on the squid, missing every shot completely*

*Said squid, now realising it's under fire, turns in a wild arc towards spoon.* Oh shi..
*Once closing it's distance it fires a wild spray of bullets from their bow gatling gun, bullets ripping the roof to shreds.*
Ahhh!
*Starts running and jumping across the roofs, the squid racing after and firing at him*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 18, 2013, 06:23:15 pm
-Oliver's house-

*Oliver was stunned. The flash of events that had taken place caught him off guard*

Dear Skies. I really need to stop being nice to everyone all the time. Especially with surgery....Well he's the guard's problem now.

*He cleans up his house, and relaxes in front of the fire.*

-Saloon-

*Zill lowers his voice and shakes his head.*

If that business ever catches up to Roland you know what could happen. And we aint gettin' and younger. Its your call, but hes your boy.

-Docks-

*Jun'ko finds no trace of Zill at the docks. She uses the radio BdrLine gave them awhile go to call the Burning Skies. At first its all static. She kicks it and it begins to work.*

Heeelllloooooo. Anyone there?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 18, 2013, 07:36:06 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski to Zill*
You think I don't know that? Why do you think I've born the brunt of the action Council and the Guild. You know as well as I do there were two Crimson Bolts. Since, Micheal's passing, I didn't want his past to become a burden on Roland. Unlike us, Roland's not built for military life.

*Yiski took a large swig of his WSW. Suddenly, Roland comes out from the back.*
Um... Yiski, I think Jun'ko is looking for Zill.

*Yiski turns to Roland*
What makes you think that?

She is on the radio.

*Yiski turns to Zill*
Well, looks like we'll have to come back to this conversation later. Seems like your girlfriend's lookin' for you.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 18, 2013, 07:58:42 pm
*Wisssh* *Wooom*  *The bullets fly to the left and right of him as he swiftly dashes across the battered roof*
*Jumping, sprinting, jumping, zig-zagging, sprinting, jumping*

*As he turns to fire a shot at the squid he trips, plummeting off the edge of the roof and crashes into a nearby window while the ship passes overhead*
Aaaaaaaaah  *landing on a pair of chairs inside an empty room*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 18, 2013, 08:10:48 pm
Papa P walks in the Saloon, obviously deprived of sleep, he saunters over to the bar and sits down.

"So what are you three up to?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 18, 2013, 08:27:44 pm
*Zill motions to Roland.*

Tell her im here and shes more than welcome to join us. I could use some uplifting company.

*He eyes PapaP.*

Just discussing some previous happenings. Nothing to bother about. Hows the company?

*He only glares at Yiski. He knows what to make of it.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 18, 2013, 08:53:48 pm
(Fair Warning, Wall of Text :P)

--Docks--
*BdrLine's Warehouse*

*As both Ny-Lee and BdrLine enter, BdrLine is in a calmer state*

*Bdr's thoughts*
Can't believe I'm going to call them again. Man has it been five years? Well at least Ny is with me for this.
*sighs*

*Ny-Lee lopks to her brother*
Ready?

Yeah
*Bdr then dials in to their families personal radio frequency*

*All that is heard is static, until a younger man voices appears*

Ny is that you? You know its been over a week and you haven't called mom and dad back.

*Bdr puts a hand over the reciever and to Ny*
Is that who i think it is?

Yeah, its "little" Huan *chuckles*

Hey I heard that, so whos with you Ny, his voice sound s familiar.

*Bdr took his hand off the receiver and says to his younger brother*
Well i give you one guess, little bro

*Silence is heard on the other line until Huan finally speaks*
Aan... is that really you?

One and only.

* Shuffling can be heard over the radio as Huan goes through the house trying to find his parents*
*Both Bdr and Ny can still hear him yelling over the radio*
MOM, DAD, you can't believe who is calling right now. WHERE are you guys?

--Chang-ning--
*Zhao Manor*

*A middle-aged woman comes from her room yelling back to Huan*
What is it that is so important that you have to yell?

Quick get dad, there is someone on the radio, you want to talk to.

*A middle-aged man comes out from the kitchen*
Is it the Emperor's Council? They know that i don't meet with them until next week.

No, even more important..... gah just follow me

*Both parents look at each other and at their son*
*sighing, both parents followed him to the radio room to see what is so important*

--Anvala--
*BdrLine's Warehouse*

*After what seemed like 10 minutes, the radio comes back to life again*

Hey you guys still there?

Yes Huan. So what was all that ruckus about?

*A gasp can be heard through the radio, some more shuffling can be heard*

Azn... is that really you?

Yes ma, its me

Oh my Gods, i can't believe... *some crying can be heard* Is Ny-Lee with you as well?

Present

Is this why you left on a vacation, to find your brother

Well yeah mainly, but also to go out more, but yes to find him

*more shuffling*
Well nice work Ny, so Son how has it been after all this years?

*The conversation continues as all the family members recount all the past events that they encountered*
*From stories to gossip, the whole time they were just trying to catch up from all the pass events*
*When the topic of Ny-Lee and Roland pops up. their mother squells in delight knowing her daughter has a boyfriend, while their father just passes out on the floor.(He regains conciseness of course, but later he calls back to his son to keep an eye out, which Bdr agrees jokingly)* 
*Eventually, they end the call, but now Bdr promises to keep in touch so as that no one will ever be i the dark any more*

*Ny-Lee to her brither*
So how do you feel now.

Like a whole weight has finally been lifted. Come on lets go to the Saloon getting to know each other again is a lot of work

*Both of the laughs*

Ok , same here

*Both brother and sister now walks toward The Burning Skies*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 18, 2013, 09:19:51 pm
"Well it's not on fire... so good enough, Jen and John are handling it, where's your better half Zill?"

He shakes his head

"Hell Yiski, we'd better pick up the slack, everyone 'round here is findin' someone 'cept us."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 18, 2013, 10:21:17 pm
*Roland heads into the back again to tell Jun'ko that Zill is in the saloon. Yiski looks to Paradox*
Bah... you think I've got the time to maintain a relationship. Hell, I've got my hands full taking care of you folks. Also, I'd appreciate it you give us some forewarning when you're goin' to get all depressed. The saloon is a place to drink to be happy or to drink away problems.

*Roland pops out from the back and looks to Zill*
Well, I told Jun'ko you were here. See said she would be over soon. Also, judging from her voice she sounded quite thrilled for some reason.

*Yiski chuckles and decides to mess with Zill*
Heh... hey Zill, don't tell me we're going to have mini Zills and Jun'kos running around Anvala now. I don't think the Council could handle that.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 18, 2013, 11:06:04 pm
"Really, you're talkin' to me about being depressed while Mr.Clinical is right here"

*Points at Zill*

*Puts on a high pitch voice and imitates Zill*

"No ones gonna love me because I'm damaged, dark and brooding!"

*He laughed and took a drink that Yiski had prepared for him*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 18, 2013, 11:29:03 pm
*BdrLine and Ny-Lee enters the saloon*

Hello all, so anything exciting happens*laughs*But any ways, Yiski can i get a drink

*Ny-Lee looks around for Roland and wonders where he is*
Yiski did you send Roland out today?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 18, 2013, 11:33:42 pm
*Zill sits up.*

You kiddin' me? I couldnt even fathom that. Wonder what shes so excited about though....

*He takes a long swig pondering the possibilities. He glances at PapaP and begins mocking.*

Boo hoo look at my golden legs and arms. Im so worthless even though ive inherited The largest trading company this side of The Burren.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 18, 2013, 11:38:00 pm
*Yiski looks at both Paradox and Zill.*
Okay, okay, let's settle this now. You're both horribly disfigured in your own right and I can't see how either you can love or be loved.

*Yiski spots BdrLine and Ny-Lee entering the saloon*
Hey there BdrLine. Recovered from the Wild Wind? Also... *Yiski yells into the back* Roland! You're girlfriends here. Stop flirting with Jun'ko over the radio.

*Roland immediately rushes out from the back. Roland was obviously flustered from Yiski's call.*
Yiski! You know it is not kind to make such jokes. Plus, I would never do such a thing to my sweet Ny-Lee.

*Yiski looks over and sees that both BdrLine and Ny-Lee's faces seem a bit brighter*
Well don't you two seem cheery. Care to share?

*Yiski hands BdrLine a Frost Fire Ale.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 18, 2013, 11:52:11 pm
*BdrLine takes the FFA from Yiski*
Well, I finally called my family after all these years. And let me say that its a good feeling to have know that they still care

Yeah we just talk about what we all have done during those years. I bet they feel better knowing HE'S still around.
*Tilts her head to her brother*

Ahh want happen to the family love back there *chuckles a bit* but yeah it does feels great again
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 12:00:53 am
*Yiski finishes his WSW with a little steam coming out of his ears*
Well, I guess it's always good to let the family know you're experiments haven't killed you yet BdrLine.

*Roland pulls up next to Ny-Lee and whispers to her.*
Do you think you can stay after closing today? Yiski and I will be talking about my parents and I could really use some moral support.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 19, 2013, 12:13:32 am
*Ny-Lee whispers back*
Sure anything for you *pecks him on the cheek*

*BdrLine hides his face away*
Ahh too much love..*takes his hand away from his face and chuckles*

*Ny-Lee then goes up and punches him in the arm*

*Bdr Still laughing*
Alright geez
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 12:17:24 am
*Jun'ko comes through the door grinning. She comes up to the bar, orders a Sake, and wraps around Zill.*

And how is my Admiral doing? Better than i left you I hope. I have been all over town today! So tiring.

*Zill turns to her.*

Its so good to see something so beautiful. Someone has to even out the ugly PapaP is emitting over here. *Laughs* So what did you get in town?

*Jun'ko wanted to keep it secret until later in the galleon. She diverts his question*

Oh just some things. No worry. Everything is just great.

*She cant see it, but Zill knows shes up to no good.*



Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 12:58:45 am
--NARRATOR--

In keeping with his promise, Yiski kicked everybody out early so he could talk to Roland. Soon the only people left in the saloon were Roland, Ny-Lee, himself.

You sure you want Ny-Lee to be here?

Yes.

Yiski gave a deep breath and started the story of how him, Micheal, and Maria met.
Well, you already know your father and I grew up together here in Anvala and joined the Academy when we could. Your mother, Maria,... she was there too, but as a medical student.

What was my mother at the Academy?

Well, when you get a lot of young kids together and keep them in close proximity to guns and other weapons, you're bound to have injuries. Hence, the need for a on-site medic. Well, your father and I got to know her very well, very quickly.

Roland and Ny-Lee sat intently, hanging on Yiski's words.
By the skies, I can still remember that day your farther and I laid eyes on her. We both thought she was an angel.

Well we wanted to befriend your mother quickly because we wanted to see who would woo her first. To do that we hurt ourselves, either through training, or beating the tar out of each other.

Roland's jaw dropped wide open. Yiski laughed.
Well, you can see who won in the end.

Yiski then went on the day Roland was born. His tone and pacing became somber and slower.
Well, I never did tell you what happened when you were born. You know I originally said your mother left you and your father, but that was a lie.

Yiski took a deep breath.
Maria.... your mother.... s... she died givin' birth to you. Docs did what they could, but some complications happened... And Micheal.... well... he never quite recovered from her death.

Why did you keep this a secret from me all these years?

Ny-Lee could tell Roland was angry and reached down to hold his hand. Roland took and he squeezed firmly.
Well, I ultimately made the decision to say she ran off because it was easier to explain to you when you were young. Lookin' back on it, I regret that decision.

Well what about my father? What happened to him after mother's death?

Well.... Yiski struggled whether to tell Roland his father was also the Crimson Bolt. you're father became a bit more reckless in his mission choices and eventually took on a persona to hide his identity. The Crimson Bolt.

Wait... you and father were the Crimson Bolt?

Yup. Basically, your father and I developed the name. We would alternate the use of the name when either one of us was out on the field to make it seem like it was one person.

Yiski took a pause to breathe.
Well, your father was killed as he was comin' back from a mission usin' the Crimson Bolt title. Guild ambush when you were about eight, but nobody knew the Crimson Bolt died in the attack. Yiski took another breath. Well, word had it the Guild was giving a bounty for info on the identity of the Crimson Bolt and find him or relatives to take out. Well, I couldn't let them come after you. So I used BdrLine's help to erase your father from being the Crimson Bolt.

So the bounty hunters which came after you...

Were after your father and myself. I decided to burden everything on myself.

Why?

Because you deserved a life that doesn't involve your father's past and you weren't raised to handle it.

Yiski looked at the clock and noticed hours had passed by.
Damn, it took longer than expected. If you have questions, then I'll answer those tomorrow. The two of you should head of for some sleep.

Roland couldn't wrap his mind around everything Yiski told him. Both Roland and Ny-Lee left the saloon.
Are you going to be okay?

I am not sure.  I knew Yiski sacrificed a lot to raise me, but I had no clue to the extent.

It's because he cares for you like his own.

I... I know.

The couple reached BdrLine's place where the two kissed goodnight. Roland walked alone back to his place trying to figure out why Yiski had kept all this a secret and what else Yiski was still hiding.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 36--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 09:29:50 am
--START OF DAY 37--

--NARRATOR--

Morning came and the sun peaked through Yiski's window. He grumbled. Last night had been a train wreck in attempting to talk about Roland's parents. Now that Roland knew the truth to both his mother and father, Yiski was unsure how Roland could rectify years of lies he told him. Reluctantly, Yiski got up.
By the burning skies, I guess I need to open up.

As Yiski walked into the front, he heard a knock on the door.
I'm going to bet 50 gold it's Roland.

Yiski unlocked and opened the door. Before him was Roland.
Damn I hate it when I'm right. Thought you would've taken time off to sort things out.

Roland stood silent for a few minutes looking at Yiski. Yiski felt either Roland was going to yell at him or possibly hit him. After a few more moments.
Thank you.

Now it was Yiski's turn to be speechless.
The hell. Thank you? For what? I lied to you your entire life.

Thank you for being honest with me now. I will admit I was angry about the lies you have told me, but with some understanding and help from Ny-Lee, I realized the reasons why you have kept these things from me. You were right. If you did tell me the truth when I was younger, I would not have understood the events completely.

Roland took another breath, closed in on Yiski, and gave him a hug. The first one Roland ever gave to Yiski. Though surprised and not in his nature, Yiski mirrored the hug.
And thank you for raising me. I never realized until last night how much I owe you.

Yiski laughed.
By the skies Roland, how many times I gotta tell you. You don't owe me anything.

Roland broke the hug and chuckled.
I know. Um... sorry about hugging you all of a sudden.

No worries, but don't make it a regular habit or Ny-Lee'll get jealous.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 10:21:14 am
-Docks-

-Narrator-

Zill and Jun'ko went back to the docks after being promptly kicked out by Yiski for his own devices. As much as Jun'ko wanted to give Zill the watch, she had a feeling that a better time would come around, so she waited. Initially the night was good. Jun'ko nestled against Zill as they drifted to sleep. It wasnt meant to last. Zill's dreams took him on a journey back in time once again...

The air was hot, and the sand bit at everything it touched. It was a hot night in Sylka, even by its standards. Zill was very young at this point, nearly a teenager. He had his friends, but his best was Kyle. They were like brothers, and always talked about the ships that would fly over the town in slow motion. Zill knew he would be a pilot one day, and Kyle would be the best engineer ever seen. They would always sneak into the docks and "commandeer" a random boat docked there late at night, learning everything about it and shooting down "raiders."

This particular night was interrupted by a low roar. Zill though he had accidentally started the engines but quickly realized it was not his doing. Kyle was the first to spot one of the Raider boats. The attack on the town was unexpected, and a lot of people were in a panic. Guards were having a rough go at them, and a few boats took off in a flash to assist with the defense. Zill and Kyle first feared for their families, but realized it was too late for anything but direct action.

Zill took the helm of their "commandered" Pyramidion, and they were off. It wasnt their first time flying, but it was their first fight. Lacking in guns, Zill resorted to ramming with Kyle on repairs. The first kill didnt come quick, but Zill quickly learned the art to controlled rams. He caught a Squid off guard and drove it into a nearby building. They were determined to get the raiders out of the town. Unfortunately for them they were outnumbered and the fight turned sour. All felt lost until support arrived for the young duo. In the final face-off, the guards and random allies had won against the raiders. Zill went to congratulate his brother in arms, but quickly realized the price of their actions. In the moments before support arrived, Kyle was hit. Even through that, he managed to keep the boat alive. Zill called for help, but deep down knew it was too late. Kyle knew as well, and requested one last thing of his closest friend.

We both kn...know I dont have long. Say the pra....prayer.

With Kyle in his arms and a tear in his eye, Zill gave his brother in arms his final wish.

By the Skies we fly this day. Off into the Sunset to give chase. May the Winds stay at our back. Our Dusty Mistress be appeased. Our Mugs ever full. Onwards ye' Dogs, Into the Fray.

Kyle grinned, and drew his last breath. Zill tried with every ounce of strength to hold back tears, but it was no use.

When the others rushed to the boat, they couldnt believe their eyes. Two teenagers had manned the vessal and assisted in the defense. The loss of Kyle was felt by all who were there, but none moreso than Zill.

At this point Zill woke up. He sat up, and stared into the space before him.

Dammit Kyle, you crazy fool. Why did the Dusty Mistress have to take you...

-End Narrator-
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 01:19:01 pm
*Shortly after opening, the saloon started seeing some increased traffic. Yiski smiled, he knew it would happen since the Docks were running at full capacity and the warmer weather brought in more merchants and visitors. Yiski looked to Roland.*
Ah... this is lookin' like it's goin' to be a good warm season for us.

I agree, especially since the Docks were repaired.

*Yiski nodded.*
So, you and Ny-Lee have been datin' for a few days.

*Roland raised an eyebrow while cleaning a glass.*
Yes.

Any future plans?

Like?

Marriage.

*The word of marriage about made Roland fumble and drop the glass. Yiski watched and laughed.*
Marriage? Do you not think it is too soon? Ny-Lee and I have only had one date.

Hell, your parents got married after two days of dating.

Really? Two days?

Yup. I was surprised too, but it somehow worked out for them.

*Roland started to blush.*
Marry Ny-Lee, huh.

*The thought had crossed his mind, but he felt it was far too soon to consider it seriously.*
I wonder how Ny-Lee feels about us getting married.

*The more Roland thought about it, the more he blushed.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 01:38:54 pm
*Jun'ko was slow to get up today. She realized she was alone in the bed.*

Guess he started work without me. He never lets me sleep in....

*Jun'ko quickly got herself ready and went out on the main deck. Zill was sitting on the railing in front of the helm and saw her. He hopped down and surprised her. She screamed and went crazy on him.*

Holy flak that wasnt funny!!!!! I nearly died!!!!

*Zill can only laugh.*

That was something to see. Im sorry to make you jump out of your skin though.

*Jun'ko takes a breath.*

Like I could stay mad at that. I give you credit for managing that drop.

No kiddin'. Im surprised I didnt fall over.

*They both can feel the warm air of the warm seasons coming in*

Get yourself dressed for a day at the Saloon. Its a good day to celebrate life and the Skies.

Hehe Very well my Admiral.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 19, 2013, 02:05:33 pm
*Storms into the Saloon , and in his best imitation of Sunderland yells...*

"This is a holdup! Hand over all your plushies or the place goes up in flames!"

*Unfortunately, no one found this funny... Disheartened, Shink goes to his table, and orders a WSW.... *
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 19, 2013, 02:17:50 pm
--Docks--
*BdrLine's House*

*Ny-Lee is still in bed sleeping after staying up with Roland, while Yiski talks about his parents*
*All is quiet in the house , as birds are chirping outside until...*

*BOOM*

*The sudden explosion rocked the house a little which resulted in Ny-Lee falling out of her bed*

*From the outside, Ny can hear her brother screaming out an apology and some sort of an explanation to what caused the explosion*
*Ny-Lee in her thoughts*
 REALLY, can't a lady get some sleep out here!?!

*She pushes herself up, changes from her night garments to her day clothes and head down stairs to her brother*

*When she reaches outside, a hole can be seen from her brothers warehouse*
*Inside of that hole is BdrLineAzn all covered in soot and hair raised, with tools in his hands. Behind him is Tommy and Allen*

*Nervous chuckles*Umm hey Ny... I can explain everything. You see, we were trying to make some new gasoline for engines, and well when we added it to an actually engine... it sorta blow up hehe

*Ny-Lee just gives herself a face palm and just throw her hands up in exasperation*
Why do i even... you know what i just head to the saloon. I don't want to stick around more with this going on

*Ny-Lee leaves the guys about their business and to the saloon*

*Back to BdrLine, he call out to his sister*
Well alright, i just see you there later

*To Tommy and Allen*
Comeone lets fix this place... again*sigh*

--Saloon--
*After a few minutes, Ny-Lee arrives*

*She sees the place packed with people, and heads to the bar*
*She sees both Yiski and Roland*

Hey you two, so its pack today huh?

*She goes up to Roland and pecks him*

So you feel a little better after yesterday.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 03:00:25 pm
*Jun'ko emerges from the Galleon chambers and Zill can only stare. A thin white shirt with red underneath to cover, a long flowing dress and knee-high boots. She twirls on front of him.*

I can feel you staring through that mask of yours. What do you think?

I dont think ive seen anything more beautiful.

*She blushes and takes his hand.*

Come on, lets go. Im itchin' to dance.

*They makes their way to the Burning Skies and make an entrance.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 19, 2013, 03:25:01 pm
*Sitting by a cracked window looking out across the "creatures" below*
This is just crazy... crazy I tell you... aaa shit.. What has happened to Anvala? What was that thing yesterday?
*Looks around the room* I need to get out of here
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 03:25:57 pm
--Saloon--

*Roland and Yiski stare at Shink.*
Shink, you're no Sund.

*Roland nodded and gave him his requested WSW.*
*After a few minutes, Ny-Lee arrives*

*She sees the place packed with people, and heads to the bar*
*She sees both Yiski and Roland*

Hey you two, so its pack today huh?

*She goes up to Roland and pecks him*

So you feel a little better after yesterday.

Yes, I am much better today. Thank you.

*Roland remembers what Yiski said earlier.*
Marriage.

*Roland shakes his head.*
I really do not need this right now.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 03:42:28 pm
*Zill and Jun'ko make there way up to the bar. Patrons along the way go silent with one look at Jun'ko. Zill's gaze quickly dashes many of their hopes.*

Damn Yiski this place got popular. Must be the finished Port. Ahoy Roland. How's Ny?

We'd like a WSW and Sake gentlemen. Oh and some music would be lovely!

Ah I can get that goin'.

*Zill stomps the ground to silence the patrons.*

Whats it take for an Admiral to get some music around here?

*Suddenly that old piano gets manned, and a guitar and violin join in. Soon enough its a band.*

There yea are Sweetheart. By the Skies I want to see you dance all night.

*Jun'ko begins to twirl and sway to the music.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 03:46:47 pm
*Yiski facepalms and fixes up a WHW for Zill and sake for Jun'ko.*
Dammit Zill, I wish you'd stop commandeering my saloon!

*Watching Zill and Jun'ko dance brought a thought, albeit a bad one, to Roland's mind and asks Ny-Lee.*
Care to dance my lady?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 03:51:10 pm
*Zill shouts to Yiski*

You cant deny the good time and wealth of business my friend!

*Jun'ko's dress is a blurr as she dances along with Zill.*

Oh live a little Yiski. Hop on that bar I know you dance!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 19, 2013, 04:02:00 pm
--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee blushes at the comment and accepts*
*She and Roland heads to the dance floor*

--Somewhere in Anvala--
*A group of guards are now on the lookout for Spoon*
*Each of the are equipped with tranquilliser darts and rifles*

*The two guards who were on the BdrLine chase are amount them*

What's with people going crazy this week huh? First it's BdrLine, now.... this guy

Don't ask me. We are just here to keep order. And the damaged he cause yesterday. This does deviently need order

Ugh let's just get this over with and find him. Once we get him, it's the hospitals problem now

You said it... hey you see that over here?

*the group stops and turn to where the guard pointed to*
*It was a calm alley way where there was nothing out of the ordinary, until Spoon crashes out of a window screaming words that the guards couldn't understand*

Looks like it's our man... QUICK AFTER HIM!

*A chase erupts around the city as the guards were chasing Spoon*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 04:18:47 pm
*Yiski gives Jun'ko a deadpan stare.*
Heh... you're kiddin' me. Granted I could probably dance better than Zill, but that's not much of a standard to beat.

*Yiski watches Roland and Ny-Lee dance.*
Plus, I'm sure Roland will do enough dancin' for the two of us.

*Dancing with Ny-Lee, Roland tries to do better and does, even if marginally.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 19, 2013, 04:32:18 pm
*projectiles flies over his head as the mad dash continues*
You buggers! *firing a blind shot behind him*

*They run through the alley, turning right upon a narrow path between two houses, jumping and rushing over the various crates and garbage bins located.*
*Smock* dam bin!

*Suddenly they come out in a larger square, densely populated. As spoon rushes through the crowd, the guards fires a pair of shots, unfortunately landing in a man next to him. Spoon takes the opportunity to run in the ongoing market. The guards pursue him, punding right through a street-preformer's act*

You buffoons! The Great Dayral is no mere bum to simply run over!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 04:43:44 pm
*Zill wanders over to Yiski to take a swig of his WSW*

My standards are pretty low compared to her's. Im a better fighter than dancer.

*Just as he says that, he catches a new guy tugging on Jun'ko's dress. She smacks him across the face. He gets up and grabs her. Zill walks over.*

You have three seconds before I sever your arm from your pathetic excuse of a body.

*The music stops and the floor clears. The man only stares as he grips Jun'ko harder, her face showing the pain. Zill grabs the man by the throat and smacks his head on the nearest table. He then pulls the man's arm out of its socket. This invited a yell from him which was quickly silenced by Zill with a knee to his face. He then kicked him outside literally through the bar door. Wood and dust followed the man outside where he lay. Zill turned around and looked at Jun'ko.*

You ok?

More than ok.

*The band starts again and Zill sits back down at the bar.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 04:47:05 pm
*Yiski laughs and fixes himself a drink of Hellfire.*
I swear some of these idiots will never learn.

*Yiski announces to the saloon over the band.*
Next one you idiots to do something similar won't be as lucky.

*Yiski points to Blood Bolt on the wall and Zill pats his hand-cannon on his side.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 19, 2013, 05:18:07 pm
*kicking down some crates containing some kind of fruit*
haha!

*unfortunately this doesn't have the desired effect as the guards simply stomps over them*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 06:24:16 pm
*Zill finishes his WSW and orders a No.3, getting up to dance again.*

I tell yea Yiski shes goin' to wear me out.

*Jun'ko hears him.*

Aww youll survive. We havent even made it back to the Galleon yet. *Winks*

*He takes her hand and the music plays. They glide along the floor.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 19, 2013, 06:35:23 pm
*In sudden panic he glimbs on top of a market stand and leaps over to the nearest roof. The guards now a bit more co-ordinated, fires a shot, hitting Spoon in the left leg*
*as he limps across the roof they climb after him*
Man, what's with this guy?
Damn lunatic! Get down from there!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 08:11:15 pm
*Yiski watches as Roland takes a break from dancing and joins Yiski at the bar. Roland is panting.*
I do not think... I have ever danced this much before.

*Yiski hands Roland a glass of water. Roland takes it and pauses for a moment, unsure whether the liquid in his hand is water.*
No worries. It's water. With the increased occurrences of fires breaking out in the saloon, I thought it'd be a good idea to have water in case I run out of the emergency bottles.

*Roland relaxed and took a sip. Realizing the liquid was water, Roland down the glass.*
I feel a bit more refreshed now.

*The music was still playing and Roland watched Ny-Lee dancing with Jun'ko and Zill now. Yiski smiles and laughs.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on March 19, 2013, 08:13:09 pm
*as spoon looks out across the roofs he recognizes a certain building, the burning skies saloon. He limps towards it with his increasingly lame leg, turning again and again to fire a shot at his followers. As he lands on the roof of the saloon the guards catch up and tackles him.*
WooAAah
Finally got you, you bastard. Hold still dammit

*A mad and clumsy fight erupts on the roof. Kicking, swearing, rolling and wrestling. They roll dangerously close to the edge of the roof, and suddenly the outermost part breaks, plunging them right down a few meters beside the entrance*

*crash*
ugh...
damn..
crap...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 09:09:45 pm
*Zill hears the crash and looks through the ruined door and sees Spoon getting tackled by guard.*


Oh well. Their problem.

*He continues to dance with Jun'ko and Ny-Lee, beckoning Roland to come get his woman.*

Come on young gun. Dont get out-danced by an old man like me. *Laughs*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 19, 2013, 10:09:58 pm
*After the chase around the city for Spoon, the rest of the guards finally showed up*

*The two that followed Spoon through most of the chase spoke to the group*
Finally you guys showed up*Holds his arm as he gets up*

Yeah as you guys can see, we did all the work. Where was the teamwork, or even back-up for us huh?*Tries to get up and falls forward*Ah dammit

Well since you are now here, cuff him.  Send him as well as us to the hospital

And can you at least carry us? Put some work into you guys, sheesh

*The rest of the guards comply and hand cuff Spoon*
*The rest help all three of them up and they start heading to the hospital*

*Once there, the guards put Spoon on a bed and cuff both his hands down so 1) he won't escape and 2)Doctors can see what is wrong with him*
*The two injured guards went to a check up room where a nurse overlooks their injuries*

--Docks--
*BdrLine, Allen and Tommy spends the whole day trying to fix the hole that was caused in the mourning*
*Once finished, Bdr thanks they guys and they all left to their seperate ways, For BdrLine, he heads to the saloon*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 10:30:33 pm
*Roland sighed. As much as he didn't want to admit it, he never had much physical training. Most of it was a product of Yiski not wanting Roland to follow his father's footsteps.*

*Roland downed another glass of water and joined with Ny-Lee again.*
Well, I am ready for round two.

*Ny-Lee smiled and gave Roland a kiss on the cheek.*

*Yiski also saw Spoon get tackled by the guards outside.*
About time they got him.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 19, 2013, 11:01:54 pm
*BdrLine enters the saloon and sees the festivities*

*He tries to get to the bar across the dance floor but couldn't get through as people spin him around this way and that*
*Once he finally arrives at the bar, he sees Yiski as one of the few people not dancing*

Whats going on here? Is it an Anvalan holiday that i forgot or something?

*From the bar he sees his sister dancing with Roland*
*BdrLine just gives a confused look and points at them*

Am I dreaming still or what?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 11:13:16 pm
*Yiski looks and BdrLine's confused face and laughs.*
If you consider having my saloon commandeered by Zill a holiday, then yes.

*Yiski then feels another mischievous grin forming. Yiski wanted to see how much he could freak out BdrLine like he did with Roland in the morning.*
So BdrLine... *BdrLine looks at Yiski* How do you feel about Roland becomin' your brother-in-law.

*Yiski couldn't wait for it to sink into BdrLine and watch his reaction.*
This is going to be good.

*Roland and Ny-Lee were enjoying dancing together. Occasionally, they would kiss each other either. All the while, Roland still thinking about marriage.*
Good grief, Yiski, why did you put the thought of marriage into my head? I mean I love Ny-Lee, but do I love her enough to marry her? Does she even have the same feelings for me to that extent?

*Roland sighed was about to give a disappointed look, but Ny-Lee looked at him and he cleared his head.*
I do not have to worry about it now. We will deal with it when it comes up.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 11:34:22 pm
*Zill dances around with Jun'ko, taking every step in stride*

By the Skies i havent danced this much in my lifetime.

*Jun'ko grins.*

Well its going to happen a lot more if you keep this up.

*They take a break and head to the bar, ordering drinks.*

Its been one hell of a night Yiski.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 19, 2013, 11:39:29 pm
*The words that Yiski said finally sinks in*
Bacha, woucha whacha .....WHAT!?!?!*BdrLine yells*

*The sudden yell stops the music again, and everyone turns to see who caused it*

*BdrLine goes up from his seat and heads towards Roland*
*He has a face that looks like it would kill*

Roland, you know I am fine that you are dating my sister... But MARRIAGE oh you have some guts. Its been only ONE date and you think you can stroll up and ask for her HAND!?! I don't know your marriage culture, but back in Yesha, you have to go through our Father first and trust me, me yelling at you will be mild to what he can do.

*The look of Roland now shows that of fear and confusion until Ny-Lee enters the conversation*

AZN WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!? Marriage come on, like you said its only been one date. Its way too early*she then turns to Roland reassuring that its an idea that she likes about*And besides Roland didn't even propose to me, where did you get the idea that we are engage?

*This time BdrLine has a confused look on his face*
Wait what now? But Yiski said.... I'm stupid

*Ny-Lee pats her brothers face*
Yes you are one of the stupidest, smart older brother a sister can have.

*Nervous chuckle and rubs the back of his head*
Hehe, well sorry about that outburst there Roland. I think i need to talk to Yiski now.

*He goes back to the bar where Yiski is at*
*The music starts again*
*BdrLine in a low voice to him*
Yiski what the Hell?!? You made me look like a bigger fool then i already am. Care to explain?

*Back at the dance floor*
So Roland , marriage huh*she says with a playfull grin*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 19, 2013, 11:49:27 pm
*By the time BdrLine got back to the bar, Yiski was laughing hard.*
By the skies BdrLine, you should've seen the look on your face.

*A quick look shows both Roland and Ny-Lee redder than a Hellfire on fire and Yiski chuckles and turns back to BdrLine.*
Alright, I'll admit that was a bit cruel on my end, but you got to admit those two are good for each other. Also, you never know how these things turn out.

*Meanwhile, if Roland's mind was going crazy over the thought of marriage, BdrLine's outburst and Ny-Lee's response drove it into overdrive.*
WHAT!!! I mean I would never think about marrying Ny-Lee without her parents approval. Plus, Ny-Lee is right. It is far to early for us, but yet she seemed to insinuate if I proposed to her, she would accept it?! Gods, this just escalated.

*Yiski's concentration breaks as Zill walks up and orders a drink.*
All that tar finally gettin' to you? Here's a Clear Skies. Should get you up and goin' again.

*Moments later, Roland and Ny-Lee also take a break. Roland was looking noticeably worn out, physically and mentally.*
Yiski... I could use more water.

*Yiski handed Roland a galss of water and look to Ny-Lee.*
And a Frost Fire Ale for you.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 19, 2013, 11:58:37 pm
*Zill and Jun'ko are laughing at poor BdrLine.*

Jeeze Bdr, I nearly kill a man and you might as well of hung yourself out there. That was brutal to watch.

His face was priceless! And that poor couple is now as red as his stashed dragon peppers.

*Zill chugs the Clear Skies.*

Yea that hit the spot. That tar aint got me down yet. And you seem chipper as ever Jun'ko.

Of course! This has to be one of those nights you always remember.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 12:08:25 am
*BdrLine to Yiski*
Yeah your right, out of the few guys she dated before, Roland truly does make her happy. But come on really? You gave me a heart attack there. If Roland actually came up to me and ask, that would be a different story. Not that I'm saying that Ny will accept on the spot, even she knows that its way too early. If they do actually get married, I'm glad its Roland

*to Zill*
Well wait until Jun'ko ask for a ring and see how you feel*smirks*

*As Roland and Ny-Lee get to the bar, Ny-Lee takes the FFA form Yiski*
Why thank you Yiski, but i think you need to give Roland a barrel of water, he seems more tired then usual.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 12:28:13 am
*Zill looks at BdrLine.*

Hey now, dont go shoving your problems on me. You have the young gun eying your sister, not me.

*Jun'ko wraps around Zill. She knows where to go with this.*

Oh it wouldnt be so bad now would it?? You are my Admiral after all.

*Zill tries to speak his next words very carefully but....*

Bad? No of course not. It would be friggen' great. I mean if that happens, not so say it wouldnt.....Oh flak me...

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 12:30:28 am
--NARRATOR--

The night went on with music, song, and dance. Roland was exhausted and Zill was showing some age. However, it didn't stop their girls from dancing. There were a few times some of the patrons wanted to join up with the girls, but they knew at the bar Zill had his hand-cannon cocked and Yiski had Blood Bolt hanging for all to see. Those two made for one hell of a deterrence system.

BdrLine was still bothered by the joke Yiski laid on him.
Even Ny says it's too early, so there's no problem... but... why did she mention it's only because Roland hadn't proposed yet?

The thought would haunt him for a while, even in the back of his mind. Like wise, Ny-Lee had similar thoughts racing through.
Why did I think it would be okay to get married if Roland proposed to me soon? I mean I love him. He's sweet, kind, a gentleman, but....

Zill and Jun'ko had their own thoughts to filter through.
Marriage? Bah, I highly doubt Jun'ko would want to get married to me, but a man can dream. And what a nice dream it would be.

Getting married to MY Admiral!? I wonder if I should start teasing him about it to push him in that direction. Hmm... I'll do that later. Hehe.

Last, but not least, there was Spoon who was under guard watch at the hospital. He was bound and strapped to the bed with enough sedatives with the knockout power of a Hellfire.

If things were hectic now for our group, then the coming days would almost seem peaceful.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 37--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 10:30:28 am
--START OF DAY 38--

--NARRATOR--

Roland woke up early as he usually did. Last night's outburst by BdrLine and the subsequent thoughts still were fresh in Roland's mind, but the sleep was able to help him put the thoughts on the back burner. All he wanted to think about was enjoying his time with Ny-Lee and having fun with her.

By the time Roland made his way to the saloon, he saw Yiski washing the windows outside. Roland chuckled. Because the warm season had started and more people were coming into Anvala, Yiski needed to make the saloon at least presentable on the outside.
Good morning Yiski.

Yiski turned to see Roland and nodded.
Mornin'.

Without further words, Roland reached down and grabbed a spare rag and helped Yiski in finishing the cleaning.

Meanwhile at the Docks, among the hustle and bustle of new arrivals, a group of men gathered outside the entrance.
Are you sure those two are here?

Based on the intercepted radio transmissions, yes.

Good. Time to make some good money boys.

The group broke up and they headed out into Anvala.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 11:03:29 am
-Narrator-

Zill woke up somewhat refreshed. The previous night had filled his mind with so many new thoughts, that the old ones didnt make an appearance. BdrLine's comments about Jun'ko and marriage was the least pressing thing on his mind. The dancing was still fresh. It was one of his best nights. The Council also picked at his brain. He knew his next mission up North was going to come soon.

He carefully got out of bed to not wake Jun'ko, and walked out onto the main deck of the Galleon. The Docks were full of life. The warm season was going to bring a lot of fresh bodies and trade, especially with the restructured large docks. He leaned off the port bow and gazed at the dockmen below.

Jun'ko had woken up despite Zill's best efforts. She was still humming tunes from last night. She came up behind Zill and wraped him in a hug.

Good morning Zill.

Good morning sunshine. How are you?

Still picturing last night. It really was one of my best.

Glad we can agree.

They both chuckled and watched the dockmen go about their day. A feeling came over Zill. He felt something was not quite right. He couldnt place it, but he took a deep breath and let out a short grunt.

Something wrong?

Just a feeling I cant shake. Something in the air doesnt feel quite right.

On a beautiful day like today? I surely dont feel anything except that sunrise.

Im goin' to head over to the Saloon just to make sure. If nothing is wrong then you can call me paranoid when I get back. Deal?

Fair enough, my Admiral. I'll buzz them on the radio for you as well.

Zill got his fighting gear on. This feeling of his may of been nothing, but he wasnt about to be unprepared. With his iron knuckles, steel boots, and hand pistol with a few spare rounds from Yiski, he set off toward the Burning Skies.

Jun'ko dug out a set of her throwing knives from her things. She wasnt about to be caught off guard again like last night. Knives around her belt, and wrench in her pocket, she made for the radio and hailed the Saloon.

Galleon to Skies, anyone awake?

-End Narrator-

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 11:13:16 am
--Saloon--

*After Roland and Yiski finished touching up the outside of the saloon, the two went inside. Yiski decided to fix up the main floor and sent Roland to make sure the equipment was good. A few minutes of work passed before Roland came out and called to Yiski.*
Yiski, there is a radio transmission coming from Jun'ko.

*Yiski shrugged and walked into the back room. He answered the transmission.*
This is Skies. What's on your mind Jun'ko?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 11:28:23 am
-Docks-

*Jun'ko sat on the upper deck and answered.*

Hey Yiski. Zill was having some bad vibes and wanted me to see if all was ok. He's on his way now just to make sure for himself I guess. I want to call him paranoid but i even have my knives out just in case. He seemed pretty serious about it.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 11:48:32 am
--Saloon--

*Yiski to Jun'ko over the radio*
Zill's feelin' a bit paranoid, huh? Hmm.... not sure why, but I got the same vibes. I'll make sure things are safe here. Skies out.

*Yiski made his way back to the front and took down Blood Bolt. Yiski unloaded the non-lethal ammo and reloaded the rifle with lethal heavy rounds (like heavy rounds in the game, but with the added perk of being non-piercing).*

*Roland joins Yiski behind the bar and has a worried look on his face.*
Do you think some one is after you again?

*Yiski shrugs*
Maybe.

*As soon as Yiski cocks the rifle, three men walk into the saloon.*
Sorry, pal, not open yet. *Turns to Roland* Can't believe I forgot to lock the door.

Sorry to bother you, but I'm just looking for some information. I heard this is a popular place and thought it would be a good place to start.

*Yiski inspect the men.*
They're wearing light infantry armor, equipped with rope, rifle, and pistol. Dammit... mercenaries. What sort of info are you lookin' for?

Have you heard of a man and young woman by the names of BdrLineAzn and Ny-Lee?

*Roland, still in the back, overhears the question and immediately gets back to the radio.*
Jun'ko! Jun'ko are you there? We got a problem. Some people arrived asking about BdrLineAzn and Ny-Lee. I repeat someone is looking for BdrLineAzn and Ny-Lee!

*Back at the main floor*
I might of heard of them. What's it to you?

It's business related. No concern to you.

*Yiski then saw the left mercenary reach for his pistol. Yiski immediately raised his rifle.*
I don't know what you bloody mercenaries are doin' in Anvala, but you don't walk into my saloon then try to draw your weapons on me!

Take it easy old man.

*The leader motions to the left mercenary to back off and he does. The leader then raises his hand and points it at Yiski.*
By the bloody skies. ROLAND! STAY BACK AND STAY DOWN!

*Suddenly a hail of bullets volley into the saloon through the windows. Yiski is forced to take cover behind counter and takes blind shots over the counter.*

*Meanwhile, Roland hears the shots ring out and see a few of them penetrate the wall. Roland scrambles and yells into the radio.*
JUN'KO! THE SALOON IS UNDER ATTACK!

*A penetrating bullet then hits the radio.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 20, 2013, 11:58:47 am
Papa Paradox strolled in the streets, sleep has been evading him as of late. He had Brunhilda and his volcanic in tow, he had a bad feelin', something that plagued the city today. Sure as shit on his way to the saloon he heard the echo of bullets.

"Well hell, it's about time."

He ran to see what the commotion was, he saw four men spraying Yiski's bar from the outside. Hoping to draw fire, he opened up on them, He caught the left most in the neck, second in the back, his third bullet hit the third in the leg. After Papa's first volley he took cover behind a building, the two surviving merc's returned fire at him.

"YA DON'T GO SHOOTIN' UP OUR SALOON, MOTHERFLAKERS!"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 11:59:38 am
*BdrLine wakes up earlier then usual, as the thoughts of yesterday still fresh in his mind*
*He heads out from his home and walks around in the docks thinking to himself*

Just relax Azn, Yiski was just kidding yesterday.Marriage is a long way off for them. So stop fretting

*As he was walking, he didn't see where he was going and bumped into a man*
Hey watch where you going!

*Bdr shaken out of his thoughts, turns to the stranger*
Sorry it was my fault, I wasnt paying attention. Hmm new here around this parts? If so welcome to Anvala.

*the man just grumbles*
Yeah yeah whatever
*and walks away towards he entrance*

*Bdr looks back at him*
Rude much?

*BdrLine just continues on his way, but after this encounter, he can't quite shake the feeling that something is going to happen*

*Back in BdrLine's Home, Ny-Lee is up and about*
*She noticed that her brother is not in, and since no explosions went off, she assumed that he out helping Zill at the docks*

*She got changed and steps out of the house*
*Once outside, she sees that the docks are busier then ever*
*As she walks around eyeing the different ships heading to the entrance, she spots a ship that look strange to her*
*The markings on the ship didn't look familiar to the ones she knows , but she brushes it off and heads towards the saloon*

*As she arrives, Ny notices how clean the outside looks and chuckles to herself*
Looks like Yiski is trying to make the place look better to get more customers, oh wait until they see on the inside.

*She then hears gunfire and rushes in to see what was happening*
*She notice the two men that were firing at them*
*They didn't notice her getting in, and she sneaks up behind one of them and knocks him out cold*

*Grabbing his fallen weapon, Ny-Lee turns to the other one, who finally notice her, and fires at him hitting him in the shoulder*
*He drops down holding the bullet wound*

*Ny-Lee not taking her hand from the trigger says to Yiski*
Never a dull moment here huh. So who are these goons anyways?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 12:19:50 pm
*Yiski notices the hail of fire from outside stopped and Yiski pops up to sees Ny-Lee take down the leader. Yiski immediately takes out the last man standing.*
Never. Keep him tied up. I still hear gun fire.

*Yiski places himself at the side of the window and peaks outside. He notices two remaining mercenaries are firing away. He looks to see what they're firing at and notices a few shiny limbs.*
Paradox, his awful timing worked for me for once. Better clean up.

*Yiski fires two shots. Each shot hit the last two on the upper back. Both had the same result: death. With the firefight over, Yiski yells out to Paradox.*
We're clear!

*Yiski turns back to the inside of the saloon. But something bothered Yiski.*
It's way too quiet. Roland! You okay?

*Roland slowly appeared from the back. His face was pale and was visibly shaken. Yiski walks up to Roland.*
I am fine Yiski. Just what happened?

That's what I'm lookin' to find out.

*Before Yiski could turn his attention on the mercenary leader, something caught his eye.*
Wait a sec Roland, let me take a look at you.

*Yiski noticed that one of the penetrating bullets had grazed Roland against his left torso and it was bleeding.*
Ny! Give Roland some first aid! He's been hit.

*Yiski was now pissed. He approached the leader and kicked his shoulder where Ny-Lee had shot him. The leader cried out in pain and fell on his back. Yiski had Blood Bolt aimed right at the leader's head.*
You have ten seconds to tell me why you and you're men are here or I'm going to take your head clear off and hang the corpse off the roof of my saloon!

*The leader coughed up some blood and smiled.*
Fuck off old man. You wouldn't dare.

*Yiski pulled the trigger.*

*Yiski took and deep breath.*
When in the bloody skies is Zill gettin' here?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 12:30:39 pm
-Docks-

*Jun'ko got Roland's message and then heard what was like gun fire before the radio went to pure static.*

Hello?!? Hello!?! Damn. Time to go. Who knows how many of these guys are around here.

*She grabs a few loch grenades from the Galleon hold and equips a second belt of knives. In a flash she was running over toward Burning Skies.*

-Along the way to Burning Skies-

*Zill hears gunshots and raises his pistol. He see's four men headed up the road to the Saloon. They all have pistols and rope.*

Flaking Hell. I hate being right sometimes.

*The men are grouped in pairs. Zill cocks his pistol and charges the first two. He plants his pistol on the back first gunner's head and pulls the trigger. The second gunner was slow to react to what was happening and paid for it. Zill drove his knuckles into the man's gut and then kicked him down on the ground. He picked up one rifle and shot him for good measure. He grabbed the other rifle and started walking over to the other pair.*

HEY! Dont you gasbags ignore me or itll be the biggest mistake you make.

*The two men pointed rifles at him and fired. One ricocheted of his side and another went square into his chest. The fact Zill was still walking toward them startled the men. He used that time to put a rifle round into one of their heads. The final man shot one more into Zill with no effect. Zill popped the rifle butt into the mans face, followed by a heavy right cross to the jaw with the iron. Zill finished him off with the remaining rifle.*

Shooting me...was the next biggest...mistake.

*Zill reloaded his pistol and slowly headed up the road. The carnage didnt end with that group he downed. Zill realizes the Skies was attacked and comes in.*

Friends of...yours Yiski?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 12:37:52 pm
*Yiski sees Zill walking in. Yiski sees Zill has been hit a few times.*
Well, I'm glad you took your time. Looks like there were more of them. We're fine except Roland got grazed, but nothing serious. Ny's in the back patching him up.

*Yiski walks over to the leader's corpse and starts searching his body. Yiski finds a parchment on the leader's corpse.*
Well, this can't be good. I can't read any of this, but it's clearly in Yeshan.

*Yiski then proceeds to explain to Zill and Paradox the mercenaries are after BdrLine and Ny-Lee.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 12:43:59 pm
--Saloon--

*After seeing Roland and the wound, she immediately drops the weapon and rushes to get the first aid kit*
*Once she gets to it, she grabs it and goes to Roland*

Oh no oh no oh no. Please Roland stay with me. You are not going yet! Not as long I'm alive

*She takes out a gauze and places it on top of the wound, applying pressure on top of it.*
*She is holding back tears as she tries to stop the bleeding*

Dammit Roland don't lose out on me. You be alright, I know you are.

*After a few minutes, she notice the blood stop flowing. And she sighs in relief as she bandage him up*
*Knowing that Roland will live, sorrow was one replaced with rage as she moves from him and goes to the unconscious mercenary and stops kicking himand punching him*

YOU MONSTER, YOU ALMOST KILLED THE LOVE OF MY LIFE
*Full on tears can now be seen flowing down her face. It took Yiski all his strengh to pull Ny-Lee away and not to beat the man to a pulp without asking question*

*He pulls her away and pulls out a chair for her to sit*
*Ny just sits there cryin to herself*

--Docks--
*As Bdr walks around, he sees Zill's galleon and walks towards it*
*As he nears, he overhears the on board radio and the message from Roland*

*He rushes and sees Jun'ko running*
*He runs to her and yells
What in the Gods name is happening?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 12:48:34 pm
*Jun'ko comes running to Bdr.*

Apparently the Saloon is under attack by people looking for you and Ny. We need to go NOW!

*They make it to the Burning Skies and see the attack is over. They rush in and Jun'ko gets words out first.*

Anyone hit? We came as fast as we could.

*Zill coughs and catches his breath.*

Ive got a few...in me but nothin major. Roland got grazed...but seems ok.

*Jun'ko opens Zill's jacket revealing the steel plating underneath. Two bullets were lodged into the armor and a mark on his left side.*

Well arent you a lucky one.

*Zill looks over to Yiski.*

Yeshan? Maybe some bad blood between families.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 12:57:06 pm
--Saloon--

*As a calm washed over the saloon, a group of heavy infantry guards show up.*
We'll take this from here.

*One guard was walking to apprehend the one remaining survivor, but stopped short when he saw Yiski cocking his rifle.*
Like hell you are.

Sir, we have orders from the Co...

Son, I'll tell you this once. If you or the Council get in my way, I will see to it personally that Anvala burns. You go back and tell the Council that... now.

*The guards were looking among themselves.*
Uh... very well sir. If you need anything, then...

*Yiski looked up at the guards and cut the line short with his stare. The guards left.*

*Yiski looks to BdrLine and hands him the parchment.
Found this on one of them. It's written in Yeshan.

*Yiski gets up and walks over to Roland. The two of them talk in relative silence.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 01:09:38 pm
*Bdr grabs the parchment from Yiski and looks over it*
*After finally lookin it over, he exclaims*

What the!!*The other looks at him*This is a kidnap order for myself and my sister. It even has instructions to take us to Far Point and to demand a ransom from my parents. Granted we are wealthy, but i can't think of anyone who would try to harm any of us. We are one of the most respected families in the Empire

*He hands the parchment to Jun'ko as a confused look came upon his face*
Weird thing is, it ends in a seal and i don't even recognize it at all. You think you know who it belongs to?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 01:12:14 pm
-Saloon-

*Zill punches Yiski in the shoulder.*

I could of done that a lot cleaner...We dont need Council goons up our business. Its bad enough the Yeshan's are sending armed mercs to the City.

*Jun'ko makes Zill sit so she could look past his armor. The bruising was already bad.*

Do I have to deal with this every week?

I hope not. Cant call me overly paranoid though.

Oh I can, but im glad you were.

*She walks over to Ny-Lee still crying in the chair.*

Hey now, he will be ok. Deep breaths.

*She wipes a tear from Ny's face, then takes a look at the parchment.*

Hmm. Looks like an old Mercantile seal. I havent seen these since I first started flying with Zill.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 01:26:11 pm
*An even more confused look comes upon BdrLine's face*
Guild members in Yesha? What do they want to do with me and my family? *BdrLine goes into a thinking of what could have caused this* All that i can think of is maybe there is a old rival trading company that my mother used to compete against and wants revenge as they were beaten out. But my guess is like everyone else's until we figure out that seal.

*Ny-Lee is still sitting and taking Jun'ko's advice*
*She finally calms down and speaks to the group*

Well on my way here, i saw a ship with strange markings as well this mourning. Maybe it belongs to them? It could help us with this mystery.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 01:29:08 pm
*Yiski looks to Ny-Lee*
Ships in the Docks share the same seal. Let me take a look at that seal.

*Yiski takes the parchment from Jun'ko. His face immediately becomes pale. Without looking away from the parchment Yiski says.*
Zill, this is the same seal that was on the side of the Soaring Wings, Birdman's ship.

*Only one word ran through Yiski's mind.*
Fuck.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 01:43:39 pm
*BdrLine was surprised by this*
What you can't mean that he is still alive? I mean you guys called in before heading back that he is dead. So does that mean there of more people like him and that the kidnapping order was a ruse to get us?

*Ny-Lee is confused as what is happening*
Okay I'm lost here? Who is this Birdman? And how does this pertain to me besides being related to my brother?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 01:44:16 pm
*Zill only gazes at Yiski*

You telling me this guy had a whole organization behind him? Why on Earth would they want Bdr and Ny of all people? We killed that flakin' madman, not them.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 01:54:39 pm
*Yiski to Ny-Lee*
Birdman was a person who wanted to start a coup in the Empire which would've put him in position to become Emperor. Through sheer luck we figured it out and stopped him.

*Yiski then looks to BdrLine and Zill*
Well he's as dead as can be. We put his body on top of the dig point and blew his body to the winds. Yet, it does make sense the people Birdman works for would have a few replacements.

*Yiski thinks a bit more.*
As far as why Birdman's group is after BdrLine and Ny-Lee, it could be to leverage your parents' influences on the Emperor, or just plain revenge. Anyways, that's all I got.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 02:02:38 pm
*Zill thinks for a moment.*

If the organization wanted a coup, then any supporters would also be targets. Perhaps by sheer coincidence, because their family is so prominent, we are seeing these guys again, only after Bdr and Ny-Lee.

*Jun'ko sits next to Ny.*

Well ill be damned if they take my best friend for ransom.

*Zill nods to Jun'ko.*

We all would. Shall we pay that ship a visit?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 02:31:36 pm
*Ny-Lee gets up from her chair*
I'm in. I can take you to where I saw it last. But who is going to watch my Roland?

I'll stay and watch over him. Its what I can do for him from yesterday. Also I could use the radio here and see what is going on back home

*Bdr goes to the back to see the radio, once he saw it was destroyed he comes back out*
Ok who shot that thing up?!?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 02:51:05 pm
*Roland stands up*
I am also joining.

*Ny-Lee quickly came to Roland's side.*
You're not coming with us. It'll be dangerous and I don't want to feel like I'm going to lose you.

*Roland grinned and gave Ny-Lee a kiss.*
I will be fine dear. The bullet only grazed me. Plus, it probably a bad idea to leave BdrLine and myself behind if there are more mercenaries out there.

*Yiski didn't like the idea of Roland tagging along, but Roland was right. It would be easier to protect BdrLine and Roland if they were with the rest of the group.*

*Yiski addresses the group.*
Alright BdrLine and Roland, you're with us. Let's drag the live with us. When he wakes, Zill, I'll let you have the honor again to talkin' to him.

*Yiski checks his ammo and grabs an additional clip.*
Check your ammo. No tellin' how many more of these goons we got to deal with.

*The group then heads out for the Docks.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 03:00:54 pm
*The groups heads to the vessel Ny-Lee saw at the docks. Two mercs were watching it. Zill gets to them first.*

You've got 3 seconds to put your weapons down before we all dismember you.

*A quick glance by the mercs behind him and they practically threw the weapons at Zill.*

Tie these guys up too. Im goin' to have a party later.

*One tries to make an escape but is quickly stopped by a knife to the leg from Jun'ko*

I love when they try to run.

*Upon inspection of the vessel, it was true. Same seal as the late Birdman.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 03:30:28 pm
--NARRATOR--

The group were about to board the vessel when... *CLAP* *CLAP* *CLAP*
A figure appeared on the deck of the vessel. The figures face covered in the same mask which Birdman wore.
I must congratulate your group for being able to take out and scare all the mercenaries we hired to come get you.

Everyone had their weapons drawn on him.
Now, now, as you can see I am unarmed and only have a few engineers. Can we not speak like civilized...

*BANG* A shot rings out from Yiski's rifle and whiffs past the figures face.
I can see your propensity for violence.

BdrLine steps up.
Why did you come after me and my sister?

Ah. That is an easy question. We were hoping to capture the two of you to both lure your friends and dispose of them for interfering with our plans and use you as leverage against your family.

Explain why I shouldn't just take your head off and be done with this?

The figure laughed.
Because my brute, this will never end. You and your, what's the word I'm looking for... misfits... yes, your misfits have made us an enemy and we cannot have that.

We made ourselves your enemy? I think you meant to say you've made us your enemy now. Nobody comes into our Anvala, shoots up our favorite saloon, and think we'll not come for you.

I see I am getting nowhere with this.

The figure reaches down into his pocket. Everyone was ready to strike if a weapon was pulled. Instead, the figure took out a watch.
This isn't good. I've spent too much time entertaining you. I must now bid you farewell.

Yiski and Zill looked at the figure and laughed.
What makes you believe you're leaving our city?

Exactly. Plus, I'd like to spend more time and get to know you better and introduce you to my tar barrels.

The figure snapped his fingers and suddenly there were blinding lights going off around the group. However, there was no panic.
Everyone get down and get ready to kill what comes at us!

When the light faded, there was nobody around them and the ship had already cleared out of the Docks. Yiski fired a few rounds into the fleeing vessel.
Dammit! The one time I don't bring my ship buster ammo.

Yiski looks to Zill.
Well Admiral, what now?

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 03:52:34 pm
*Watching the ship disappear into the sunset, Zill turns to Yiski.*

Well, that could have gone better. Im not chasing that fool. No telling how many feathered friends he has over the horizon. Our best bet is these three, and some digging at the Council Library for this seal. If it is indeed an old Mercantile seal, Anvala should have some kind of information on it.

They have proven they will not stop until we are distracted from their goals, so let them come to us. Unless these stooges give me hard info, we're flying blind in tar right now.

I also need to pay the Council a visit soon. The fact they tried to take our new "friend" has me curious.

Bdr and Ny need to stay at the Saloon. Its proven to be the safest place in case of an attack. We cant always be at their home. And since they seem to dislike public attention, we will be safer during normal hours.

The rest need to be on guard. He knows our faces.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 03:58:06 pm
*Yiski shakes his head in disappointment and turns to Zill.*
You got a point. Only issue is the saloon is in shambles. I need to make a damage report and get everything fixed.

*As the group is walking back to the saloon*
I'll go talk to the building foreman again. I'll have him completely remodel the saloon to make it more sturdy to assault. Thank the skies I still have that money.

*Yiski to BdrLine*
How long do you think it'll take you to make another radio and get a message to the Empire?

*Yiski to Roland and Ny-Lee*
I'll need the two of you to clean up as much of the saloon as you can.

Of course.

*Yiski breaks from the group to go visit the foreman.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 04:10:11 pm
*BdrLine to Yiski before he leaves*
I can pick up one back at my warehouse, but i need someone to go with me. There is a small projesct that i've been working on that can be useful to Ny and I.

*To Jun'ko*
Jun you think you can come with me to get the equipment?

*Ny-Lee to Roland as they clean up the saloon*
So hows the wound holding up?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 04:42:06 pm
*Zill grips at his chest and addresses the group in the Saloon*

I think im going to use the spare room for a spell. Those rifle shots did more to me than I thought they would. Make sure Yiski knows im up there.

*Jun'ko looks to Bdr.*

I would but i want to make sure Zill is ok. If you tell Zill's regular dockmen that you need help they will without question. Take this in case they dont believe you.

*She hands him a parchment with notes for the men.*

(OOC: Im going to a dinner and wont be able to RP obviously so im giving characters a way to relax, lol. Sorry Bdr youll have to RP a dockman.)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 04:47:24 pm
--Saloon--

*Roland realized Ny-Lee noticed he winced each time he would turn his torso. Though the bullet only grazed him, it was deep enough to cause a lot of pain. He tried to force a smile*
The wound is fine. It just hurts a little bit when I rotate my body.

*Roland turns away to avoid Ny-Lee seeing him in to much pain. Consequently, his turn caused him a sharp pain which automatically drew his hand to his side. After the pain subsided and he stopped gripping his side, Roland noticed there was blood on his hands and a new stain of blood on his shirt. Roland sat down for a moment.*
On second thought dear, could you bring the first aid kit again?


--Building Foreman's HQ--

*Yiski waits for the foreman to greet him.*
I heard the saloon got attacked today. Glad to see you're alright friend.

Yeah, but more importantly I need you to remodel the inside of the saloon. You think your guys can get it done tomorrow?

Hmm... yeah it shouldn't be a problem. Any requests on how you want it done?

Yeah, make the wall separating the front and back of the saloon and the counter bullet-proof.

Consider it done.

*The two shook hands and Yiski left for the saloon.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 05:11:55 pm
*BdrLine to Jun'ko*
Well alright and thanks for note

*As BdrLine leaves, he grabs one of the rifles that were gathered up from the mercenaries off a wall*

--Docks--
*As BdrLine enters the docks, he spots one of Zill's dockworkers*
*He calls out to him*
Hey you work for Zill's docks right? You think you can help me out?

*The dockworker stops and turns to who was calling him, notices it was BdrLine and goes up to him*
I would , but i got orders to help move supplies around.

*BdrLine remembers the note that Jun'ko gave he and takes it out*
Wait hold on, i got something here from Zill. Should help clear things up around here.

*The dockworker takes the note from him and reads it, satisfied with the new orders, he calls to another dock worker*
Here take this note and pass it along to the rest of the guys. Got it?

On it
*He takes the note and goes to many different people*

Well it looks like i open to help, so what do you need?

Well follow me to my warehouse, i just need to get a radio and a small package

Wait the one that exploded yesterday?*a concern look comes upon his face*

Don't worry its going to be quick, we just going in and get out the stuff we need alright?

Well... if you say so.

*BdrLine and dock worker heads to his warehouse to retrieve the radio*
*Once there, BdrLine takes out a cart and both he and the dockworker lifts it onto the cart*
*Once loaded, BdrLine goes to the back and comes back with a box with cloth over it*

*BdrLine to the worker*
Thats should do it, come we need this at the Burning Skies. Once we drop this off, your free to go.

*BdrLine and the worker, pushes the cart and heads towards the saloon*

--Saloon--
*Ny-Lee sees the new blood and quickly heads to get the medical kit again*
*Once she gots it, she returns to Roland and applies new bandages on the wound*

*She finishes by tightening a peice of cloth around his waist*
There i think that should stop the bleeding. Roland i think you should rest a bit, i can handle putting this place back together

*She leaves Roland on the chair and resumes cleaning again*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 20, 2013, 05:54:21 pm
*He pulled out a note book and sketched the seal*

While wondering the alleys he found a group of street urchins, he tossed one some goal and said

"Make sure this gets to Jen and John at Dandy Lion Headquarters, tell them I want them to search ledgers, and all the DLTC docks, I want to know everything about their origins and who the are... Tell them Papa sent you."

*Returning to Yiski*

"I've got Jen and John looking everywhere, no one docks, trades, or shits in this city without me knowing."

--DLTC--

Jen and John recieve the note, assemble a small team and begin searching everwhere, questions were going through the chain of command from dock managers to captains to crew.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 07:54:45 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski arrives back at the saloon as the afternoon is giving away to the evening. The saloon is clean with the exception of the few stray metal fragments. Yiski sees Roland lying on the couch.*
Well, I'm glad the couch survived. How you holdin' up Roland?

My wound reopened earlier and I have been resting for a few hours.

*Yiski takes a look around the saloon and sees BdrLine missing.*
We're missing one.

Well, BdrLineAzn went to the warehouse to get a spare radio.

*Yiski raised an eyebrow*
BdrLine's alone? After everything that happened, he's alone?

He has his rifle.

Fair enough.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 08:06:46 pm
*Jun'ko comes downstairs.*

Hey Yiski. I take it the Foreman visit went well? Also what do you make of these?

*She hands him the bullets from Zill's armor.*

They look specially made. Thought since we dont know much every little bit counts. Any thoughts from a competent gunner?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 08:54:46 pm
*BdrLine and the dock hand arrives to the saloon with the spare radio*

Don't worry all, im fine. Nothing out of the ordinary happened when i was getting the things.

*To Yiski*
I'm going to set it up in the back where the other one is.

*Before he and the worker heads to set the radio up, Bdr points to the box he brought with him to his sister*
Ny i think you want to check what i made out. Its going to come in handy in some hand to hand fights, plus you might like it as well.

*Ny, curious to what her brother brought, goes to the box with the cloth over it*
*Once she removes it, she gasp to what she saw*
*She reaches in and takes out what looks like a leather forearm guard, but underneath the guard holds a thin mechanism*
*Ny-Lee slides it onto her right arm, and clenches her fist*
*Next thing that happens, a blade extends from the bottom mechanism*
*She clenches her fist again and it retracts*

*Moments later, BdrLine and the worker comes out of the back room*
There all set up, now i can finally call some of my people to get to the bottom of this.

*He thanks the worker and sends him on his way*

*Bdr then sees Ny-Lee with his contraption*
So... how do you like it? *he says grinning*

Azn, how did you make this ? No one has been able to recreate this, even with the pre-world schematics that is found in the Library.

Well no one has met me yet. I found those schematics a couple of years back before i left, and it has been on my mind ever since. This was one of my many projects that i knew i had to finish. And im glad that i did. It just took me a few trial and errors, but i finally got a few working models, all in that box

Thank you, i dont really know what else to say

No need, now that family and our lives are at stake, we are gonna need them
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 08:56:46 pm
*Yiski to BdrLine*
Yeah, go ahead and set up shop in the back.

*Yiski takes the mangled bullets from Jun'ko and take them over to the partially shot up workbench. Yiski inspects the bullet for a few moments.*
Bullet's too mangled to get any details. Hmm... give me a minute.

*Yiski walks over to the items looted of the mercenaries and grabs one of their rifles. Yiski unloads the clip and takes the fresh bullets back to his workbench. He grabs a few tools and separates the bullet from its casings. Yiski mumbles to himself.*
Mixed-grain powder, standard primer, bullet is a basic ally with lots of impurities.

*More minutes and mumbling go by before Yiski is done with his inspection and walks back to the others.*
Well, the good news is who ever the Birdmen are using as their gunsmith to make their bullets is absolute shit. Materials used are substandard at best. Even if this round were to hit something, if the object has half-decent armor, the round won't pierce.

*Yiski looks at Jun'ko*
Tell Zill he's lucky, if I had been the one to make these, he'd be a dead friend.

What is the bad news Yiski?

*Yiski scratches the back of his head.*
The bad news. Their gunsmith's bullet designs are oddly similar to mine. These rounds are like my modified standard for Blood Bolt, but the caliber is reduced to operate with any standard rifle.



(OCC) For reference, the recoilless rifle my thought model is based on is the type used in the game Company of Heroes. (OCC)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 20, 2013, 09:36:28 pm
*Papa pours himself and Yiski a drink*

"To the incompetency of lesser gunsmiths!"

*Papas silver 'hand' retracts into his metallic forearm, revealing a very large dagger in its place.*

"Thanks Bdr, but I already got me one of them."

*Looking at Jun'ko*

"Where's sleeping beauty?"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 20, 2013, 09:39:54 pm
*Jun'ko goes upstairs to check on Zill. Shortly after, she comes back down.*

He denies being in harms way. I swear hes too stubborn.....Heavy bruising on his chest. Pretty sure the ribs are too. He's sleeping now for a bit. Could i get some Sake?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 20, 2013, 09:55:17 pm
*As Bdr sees that mostly everyone is calming down a bit, he gets up from where he is at and heads to the back room*
If anyone needs me, i'll be coordinating with my contacts to help expand this search

*He goes into the back and sits in front of the radio and dials in a frequency*

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 20, 2013, 11:23:43 pm
*Yiski takes stock of everyone's emotions.*
BdrLine and Ny-Lee are probably high strung, especially for Ny since Roland got hurt. Zill's took a stupid risk and Jun'ko paying for it. Roland's got to be tense after gettin' hit. I'm not hurt, but my saloon is heavily damaged. And Paradox, hell, give him people to shoot at and he's happy.

*Yiski tries to make himself a No.3, only to realize it's run dry.*
Damn today's not my day.

*Yiski settles on a Clear Skies and attempts to figure out what their next move should be.*
Now that the Birdmen know who we are, they're goin' to keep sendin' mercs until we're all dead. It'd be impossible to just defend and I hate just defendin'. And if we go after them, we'd all have to go. Can't risk leavin' anyone behind to become a target. Bloody skies, this is makin' my head hurt.

*Yiski yells in the direction of the back room*
BdrLine! You make contact yet? I want to know what the hell is goin' on.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 21, 2013, 12:33:35 am
*Zill slowly comes down the stairs. He attempts to stand straight up but the adreneline from earlier has passed and he knows its stupid to try.*

How are we down here? Cant sleep with all this crap on my mind.
I cant let this slow me down. I wont lose anyone else...

*Jun'ko comes over and helps him off the stairs.*

Dammit I told you to stay up there. Sooner or later youre not going to recover from your stunts.
Ugh he worries me to death. And he literally throws himself at death and comes back out battered....
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 21, 2013, 01:04:55 am
*BdrLine comes out of the back room, sracthing his head*
*To Yiski*
So far yes, right now Zankif is looking into this with his men back in the Guild. I also called Niko to see if he can find anything about that seal around the Capital. Called my family and told them what happened here, They are doubling up on guards on the manor, even resorted in bring the elites from the Palace. Finally i called in the Barons and see if during back in the conflict they saw that seal in battle. All we can do now is wait until i get a message back.

*Ny-Lee to her brother after his statement*
So they are safe with all that protection right?

Yes Ny, with the Elites around, nothing will get in to harm them. With all this aside, i going to grab myself a drink
*BdrLine goes to the bar and makes himself a sake*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 21, 2013, 01:12:30 am
--NARRATOR--

The evening sky was clear and the moon was at its brightest. Consequently, the same could not be said the group. Tonight, everyone was staying at the saloon. Yiski did not want the group split up in case there were more mercenaries roaming Anvala.

Luckily, Paradox had sent out for some help to bring in camping supplies and soon enough blankets, pillows, and cushions were provided. It was good having a trading company CEO as a friend. The group decided to keep watch in groups. Zill and Jun'ko would take first watch. Paradox would take second and Yiski third. Everyone else would sleep in the back room.

During the first watch, Zill sat at the counter with his back against it. He had his hand-cannon resting on his lap. Jun'ko set up on the left side of the saloon and her knives siting on the table.
I'll be damned if I let a bullet or two stop me... let alone end me.

I know Zill wants to keep moving, but if he doesn't slow down, I don't know what I can do.

During the second watch, Paradox was behind the counter and fixing himself to a few drinks. Being mostly mechanical had a benefit. First, you do not need as much sleep. Second, all the mechanical bits filtered the alcohol faster meaning more to drink.
We need to have these sleepovers more often. Free drinks.

On the final watch, Yiski set up in the corner of the saloon. He had Blood Bolt set up on a bipod on a table. His line-of-sight extended outside and a bit down the road. Today's firefight and Roland's near-brush with death had him still on edge.
I'll be damned by the skies if I let those bastards come after my friends.

Eventually, the night would pass on without incident.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 38--


(OOC) Well, it's that time again where I kinda push this into another quest. Luckily, you the viewers get to decide whether we should go on a quest or not. Our lovely Zill will be posting a poll. The polls will be open for two days. Get voting. (OOC)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 21, 2013, 10:48:54 am
--START OF DAY 39--

--NARRATOR--

As the morning sun greeted Anvala, Yiski was the first to meet it. He gave a yawn and stretched his arms and legs. Eventually, the others would wake. Ny-Lee checked up on Roland's wound to ensure it was okay and Jun'ko checked Zill's condition. When everybody got into the front, there was silence. Nobody really wanted to continue last night's conversation. If they had there choice, they'd wish they could put all this behind them and move on. Their collective thoughts were interrupted by...

*GRUMBLE* *GRUMBLE*

Everybody looked at one another and laughed. They were hungry. Even though the saloon did not have much in the way of food, it was more for Roland and Yiski than for the patrons. Yiski motioned for Roland to help him out in preparing breakfast for everybody.

After breakfast, a knock came at the door. Immediately, everyone had their weapons at the ready.

Yiski, it's the foreman. I've got the men ready to work.

Everyone calmed down and Yiski approached and opened the door.

You ready for us to start?

Yup. Yiski turns to everyone. Alright, since we need to vacate the saloon, where are we headed for the day?

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 21, 2013, 11:06:51 am
*Zill looks to Yiski.*

Well first we need to place our "friends" in Oliver's basement. Im not ready to talk to them, and they could use another day of "softening up." After that we could head to the Council Library to check up on this seal. We should be safer toward the City Center due to the increased amount of activity and guards.

*Jun'ko is helping Zill stand up straight. He still wasn't healed from yesterday.*

I agree. Anything to lessen the chance of fighting would be smart. We are battered enough as is.





Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 21, 2013, 11:39:47 am
*Yiski nods in agreement.*
Makes sense. But just in case...

*Yiski checks his rifle's ammo and chambers a round.*
Also, give me a second.

*Yiski heads to his rooms. A few minutes of shuffling and Yiski returns with a box. Roland inquires.*
What is it?

A box.

I know that, but what is inside?

Right now, nothing you need to worry about. This is a 'should a certain event happen open the box' box.

Is this the event to open the box?

Nope.

*Roland sighed and the group rolled their eyes. Soon the group was moving toward the City Center.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 21, 2013, 12:38:13 pm
*While out shopping for a new window (Apparently the other one "Accidentally" broke when he looked at it), Shink notices his group of friends heading off to who knows where*

"Hey Guys! Wait up! what's going on? you guys look like you're headed for a war"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 21, 2013, 01:15:36 pm
*Jun'ko chuckles at Shinkurex and hands him the parchment with the seal on it.*

Long story short, we're headed to the Council Library to gather information on that symbol after dropping off these "friends" of ours. They thought they could catch us off guard but you now how that is. That seal is all we have to go on to find the responsible party.

*The group arrives at Oliver's. Zill wanders up to the door and knocks. Oliver answers, and sees the group.*

I swear Zill, if all of those people are going to be barging into my home.......

*Zill smirks.*

Its ok Oliver. Just have some "friends" who need to bunk in your basement tonight. Ill be dealing with them tomorrow.

*Oliver sees them.*

Same as before?

*Zill only nods. The group put the prisoners down in the basement and Oliver latches the door. He had heavily sedated them, and they would not be getting up till Oliver allowed them to. The group departs without a single broken item in the home. Shinkurex wasnt allowed in.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 21, 2013, 02:15:50 pm
*A bit miffed that Oliver would not let him in his house, Shink spent the majority of the time examining the seal*

I wonder who would be stupid enough to attack Burning Skies again.... don't these people ever learn?

*Sees the group coming out. It was an uneventful trip to the library. The Group surrounds a rather nervous looking librarian*

Can...can I help you?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 21, 2013, 02:48:57 pm
*Yiski looks to the librarian.*
I was wondering if you had anything useful to help us determine what this seal means.

*Yiski shows the librarian the parchment seal. The librarian takes it and adjusted her glasses to examine it more.*
(OOC) Changing librarian color to blue. Orange is Roland.(OOC)
Hmm.... it's been awhile since I've seen this style of a seal. You'll be looking for "Pre-War Symbols and Meanings".

*The librarian leads the group to the the location of the book.*
Here it is. I hope this helps.

*As the librarian leaves, she turns around and says.*
And please keep the safety on your firearms.

*Roland, the only unarmed person of the group, responds.*
We will make sure there are no accidental misfires.

*He opens the book and starts flipping through the pages.*
Yiski, I think this matches the seal perfectly.

*Roland was right. Yiski then started reading the description of the symbol.*
This symbol represents a pre-war organization called the Birdmen for the bird-like masks their members wore. Well no shit. The goal of the Birdmen was to unite the world into a single world order. The group was originally organized in what is today the Yesha Empire. During the great war, the Birdmen suffered a massive loss against the first Yeshan Emperor. Since their defeat, the Birdmen were either considered dissolved, or underground. Well, it's clearly the latter.

*Yiski stops reading and looks at everybody.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 21, 2013, 03:11:35 pm
*Zill flips through the pages more, frustrated.*

Thats it??? Looks like I'll be motivating the rest out of our "friends."

*He turns to Yiski.*

Yiski, I was thinking about how the interrogation would go, and felt your WWA and WSW would help me out. Mind making a barrel of each for me for tomorrow?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 21, 2013, 03:27:31 pm
*Yiski laughs*
You need a barrel? Zill, I have barrels of White Steam and Wild Wind. Once we find a new place to set up shop, we'll go grab a few barrels.

*Roland was standing when a slight wince of pain hit his side. He rubbed it, but not before Ny-Lee caught it. She cringed. He smiled and kissed her on the cheek.*
I am fine. It is only a little sore.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 21, 2013, 03:54:24 pm
*Zill smirks at Yiski.*

As long as I have it there i'll be happy. I need to pay the Council a visit. Since we've pretty much exhausted the resources here, we may as well head over.

*The group departs the library. Not one gun went off, much to the librarian's relief. They make their way through the busy streets and onto the Council Hall stairs. Only Zill was allowed into the Chambers, and he wasn't about to agitate the Council with so many other things in play. He approached the high court and kept his resolve.*

Greetings My Council.

(1-9) Greetings Admiral.

(1) To what do we owe this appearance?

It has come to my attention that you have interests in our latest happenings. Why would Elite's come so far from the City Center to apprehend a prisoner that was safely under my lock and key?

(4) It was the will of the Council to have this man interrogated within the confines of the Hall. We have reason to suspect they are of a group with dire plans.

(7) However, Citizen Yiski has once again defied this Council.

Allow me to sincerely apologize for that moment. It was right after a fight in which we could of easily been killed. He acted on the present circumstances.

(2) Very well. We trust you have these prisoners in a safe location?

Indeed. They will be interrogated on the 'morrow.

( 8 ) From the direction of the argument, you wish to carry out this yourself. Do be warned that if our suspicions are correct, it will not be an easy undertaking.

With all due respect Council, you have made the past years a, as you say, not so easy undertaking for myself.

*The Council remains silent for a moment.*

(1) Very well. This task is to supersede all other tasks. As much as we need you in the North, it can wait for this. Do your City proud, Admiral.

To Clear Skies.

*Zill comes out to the steps and Jun'ko greets him with a hug which is both well recieved and painful. He grunts.*

Oh my gosh, Im sorry!

After the pain of dealing with them, its a welcome thing Jun.

*He addresses the group of the happenings, and that he now has control of the situation.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 21, 2013, 05:05:04 pm
*Yiski grimaced when Zill first suggested to talk to the Council. When Zill got back, Yiski just gave a deadpanned expression. The Council and Yiski were never level. Some of Yiski's animosity originates from the line of decisions involving Micheal's death and the lack of action against the raider group. Another portion of animosity came from the Council's decisions involving regulations which Yiski believed burdened the middle and lower income citizens. Majority came from the fact the Council only acted if it benefited them.*
Can't believe we need 'permission' from the Council to do this. I think we'd be better off just finding the Birdmen and ending them.

Yiski, I understand your anger toward the Council because of how they dealt with my father's death, but they do have access to resources we simple do not have.

*Yiski snapped at Roland.*
It's just not that! The bloody Council only gets involved when there's something at risk for them too.

*Yiski immediately regrets yelling at Roland.*
Sorry, Roland. Didn't mean to go off on you.

I know your anger is not directed at me. Admiral Zill, since we have Council approval, have they given us a place to operate as a base?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 21, 2013, 05:45:18 pm
*Papa walked and put his metallic arms around Roland and Yiski*

"Probably not, the stingy bastards... if only we knew someone who was obscenely rich and had ridiculous amount of resources at his disposal.Oh wait! I just described myself, why don't you give me a list, I could have a base of operations up and running by tomorrow."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 21, 2013, 06:44:40 pm
*Zill blankly looks at Yiski and PapaP.*

I have as much reason as anybody to despise the Council. I didnt go in there to gain permission to track these feathered idiots down. I was going to do it regardless. However, with the Council letting us take the lead, we dont have to worry about them throwing Elites at us, and I can summon half the Anvalan fleet to bury these birds into the dust if I see reason to.

Since id rather not have Council goons breathing down our necks, I can detach troops to Port Tar Barrel. Any supplies we need can come from me or PapaP.

*Directly looks at Yiski and puts a hand on his shoulder.*

The Council isnt our fight right now. The people who shot Roland are.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 21, 2013, 07:15:33 pm
--Vychtorg--
*Zankif is working closely with his men trying to find any information pertaining to the seal he recieved from BdrLine*
*He and a few other are in his warehouse with different books and files out in the open*
*A few feet from them, a table with various radios are running, each being operated by some more personal*

*From one of these radios, a person is quickly writing on a parchment*
*He gets up and heads to Zankif*
Boss, think we found something

*Zankif looks up from the file he is reading*
Really? What is it then.

Well one of our teams has spotted the seal on what looks like an old factory north west of Selogarod.

*Confused by this, Zankif takes the parchment from him and reads the message*
North west of Selogarod? The only thing there are the craters. There is no information about anything being built on those lands on the files we have. Are you sure this is accurate?

Yes this came from our best scout team and you know how good they are in the field.

Very well then, i pass this along to BdrLine

*Zankif then goes to the radio and dials in BdrLine's frequency*

--Chang-ning--
*Niko is at the Archives of the Scholar's Palace*
*He is at the Pre-World Section of the Archives*

*As he looks through a book, he is thinking to himself*
*Sigh* Don't know how Azn gets himself into this much trouble. I mean another attempt on the Empire, what nut case tries to take it over?

*As Niko was arguing with himself about the topic, something in the book caught his eye*
*It was the symbol that he received the other day from BdrLine, he takes a closer look*

"The Birdmen is a Pre-Great War extremest group set on uniting the world under their banner. The creators of this organizations are unknown as most information pertaining them has been lost through time. The only relevant information about this mysterious group is the distinct bird mask that its members wore. The group originated in what is now the Capital of the Yeshan Empire, Chang-ning" What this group came from the Capital!! ", their original headquarters is still standing on the outskirts of the Imperial City. During the Great War, The Birdmen saw an opportunity as the First Imperial Emperor has pledged troops to fight with his allies in the distant battlefields. As the majority of the Imperial Military Might focus on the War, The Birdmen, launched their attack on the Capital. Almost being overwhelmed by the sudden attack, the Imperial Emperor himself rallied the remaining forces left in the Capital and pushed the extremest out. After the defeat and being oust from the Empire, no further information has surfaced pertaining to this group and is assumed that it has dissolved."

*As Niko finishes reading the excerpt, he turns to the next page and finds a map to the original Birdmen headquarters as well as different excerpts from the battle and official reports*

Hmm this may just be useful.

*He takes and checks out the book from the Achieves and heads back to his manor to continue reading the different reports*
*Eventually, Niko heads towards to the old headquarters to see if anything has survived through the years that can be helpful to BdrLine and the group*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 21, 2013, 07:49:27 pm
--Somewhere near the City Center, Anvala--

*Yiski brushes of Paradox's arm.*
Tomorrow? We'd need it now. The saloon is under repair and I don't think there are any other areas that could house us, unless we'd decided to stay in the Docks for tonight.

*Yiski then snaps his head to face Zill after his comment.*
I know who our targets are, but that doesn't mean the Council isn't far off my list.

*Yiski takes a deep breath.*
Zill, come with me and we'll go ahead and get the barrels of White Steam and Wild Wind.

*The group couldn't tell, but Roland knew Yiski had to still be furious over him getting hit. Roland also knew Yiski was the type to repay a slight in kind plus interest.*

--NARRATOR--

Roland had first hand experience of how brutal Yiski could get when it came to his well-being. The first incident arose shortly after Yiski retired to take care of Roland.

Roland was only in his teens. Roland had shown up at Yiski's place all bruised and bloodied. Some of the young new Academy cadets had beaten up Roland for fun. Yiski immediately grabbed Blood Bolt and blitzed into the Academy grounds.

He had found the cadets because they were bragging about it. Yiski opened fire and intentionally maimed Roland's attackers. The aftermath resulted in Roland's attackers being permanently physically impaired.

Yiski was only given a reprimand given his service record.

Knowing Yiski was even angrier than that time, sent shivers down Roland's spine.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 21, 2013, 08:08:36 pm
*Zill and Yiski split off to grab the barrels for tomorrow. The group didnt like it, especially Jun'ko, but they had another task. Zill gave Jun'ko orders for the dockmen to prepare his Warehouse for a possible military assualt. If they were to remain safe through the night, it needed some defense.

Yiski and Zill enter the Saloon. The workers are still there fixing it up. As they grab the barrels, Zill gets something off his mind.*

Yiski, we have been through a lot. Not just recently but in general. And I swear I havent seen the blind rage youre putting off since Michael died. What is eating you alive right now?

*The group make it to the Port. Zill had ordered ground troops for added defense, and it showed. Jun'ko provided the orders for the dockmen and they began turning Zill's warehouse into a makeshift bunker. Jun'ko went over to BdrLine.*

Hey Bdr, want to help me get the radio from Zill's galleon? We may need it through the night.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 21, 2013, 08:39:24 pm
--Saloon Back Room--

Is my undying, seething rage that easy to pick up now? Meh, civie life must be gettin' to me.

*Yiski took a deep breath.*
I promised Micheal in the event of his death, that I'd look after and take care of Roland. Micheal and I were like brothers and I consider Roland just as much my son as Micheal did. I'll be damned if I let some crazy, war-lovin' remnants of the old world nearly take him away from me.

*Yiski clenched his fist tightly enough to almost draw out blood and slammed his fist into the wall.*
If they're goin' to target him along with us...

*Yiski turned to Zill. Yiski's eyes were sharpened and his expression could frighten death itself.*
...then I will track every single one of them and end them.

*Yiski turned back around and loaded the last barrel on the hand cart.*
Enough small talk. Let's get back to the others.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 21, 2013, 08:57:11 pm
*BdrLine was helping with the workers transforming the warehouse into a bunker*
*He hears Jun'ko talking to him and turns to face her*

Yeah sure, I need to check in with my people as well. See what they dug up already.

*He and Jun'ko heads to Zill's Galleon*
*Once they found the radio, they started to unbolt it from its slot on the ship*
*They carried it back to the warehouse, where then it was set up in the back*

*As BdrLine and Jun'ko was at the Galleon, Ny-Lee notices a difference in Roland's behavior*
*She goes up to him and puts a hand in his*
Is there something troubling you right now?

--Lord's Leap--
*Captain Melin of the 13th Research and Espionage Division of The Baron Militaries*

*Melin is in a conference room with 5 others from the Division*
*Like the others that BdrLine contacted, Melin and his group has files in front of them looking for any information detailing about the Birdmen seal*

*Melin to the group*
Anything yet?

*Without looking from a file, a Sargent speaks*
No Sir. Nothing so far *He looks up from the file and tuns to the Captain* With all due respect Cap, but how are we going to find this one seal. The conflict with the Guild happened decades ago. It could have been on one of the many units we have fought against.

*Melin sighs*
I know, but it may not been a fighting unit at all. But my frie... contact says that it is relevant for his search.

Alright then, i keep looking.

*Moments passed, A Lt. rise from his chair holding a file*
Sir, i think you want to see this

*Melin goes from his position to the Lt.*
*On the paper is a picture of a Guild weapos crate barring the Birdmen seal*

Nice work Lt. i think this is good enough for now. Keep searching for any more information, i'll be radioing my contact with what we have

*Captain Melin goes to the other side of the room where the radio is placed*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 21, 2013, 09:09:05 pm
*Bdr and Jun finished hooking up the radio, Papa walked over*

"Do you guys mind if I make a quick call? Good."

*Changing the frequency to the DLTC dispatch, Looming into the microphone*

"Oi, This is Papa, get Jen on this line."

"Yes, sir."

*A few moments later*

"... Sir?"

"Hellooo, sweets, I need you to kindly activate the Lion protocol"

*Silence and shuffling could be heard on the other end*

"Are you sure, sir."

"Jen how long have we know each other?"

"A couple weeks."

"Then you should know when I'm kidding."

"It's on its way."


After a few minutes, the warehouse started to shake, roaring engines could be heard, a vessel slightly larger than a galleon snailed its way over top the warehouse. It had a pointed bow like an axe, it housed a weapons floor that contain three heavy guns. Six gunners, three engineers, three navigators, and one captain. It cut its engines, DLTC flags could be seen flying all over it metal cover exterior.

*walking up behind Yiski and Zill*

"Close you mouths gentlemen, she doesn't like being gawked at. She was made for transporting very precious cargo... very slowly. In her off time she stands as a bulwark to anything that would harm the DLTC.

*From the radio*

"Wall of Jericho, reporting for duty."


*Paradox returned to the console*

"Hello gentlemen, good to hear your voice, stay here and defend the warehouse, make sure the airspace is completely secured.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 21, 2013, 09:14:12 pm
--Docks--

*Roland notices his shiver caught Ny-Lee's attention. In any other circumstance, he'd lie, but he couldn't do that to her.*
It is Yiski. The last time I have ever seen him his furious was years ago when a group of Academy cadet beat me up. I took and entire regimen of infantry riflemen to make Yiski even pause before ending the cadets' lives.

*Roland held his side and frowned.*
I fear since I have been injured, Yiski's anger has grown into something that cannot be comprehended or controlled. But...

But.

*Roland turns his gaze onto all the ships docked.*
But it is also how I feel... weak.

*Roland paused for a moment.*
Not just during the attack, but all the times where conflict was involved and all I did was hide.

*Roland hung his head low.*

*Roland's somber mood broke when he heard the rumbling. When Yiski and Zill returned to see the Wall of Jericho hover. Yiski could only say one word.*
Damn.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 21, 2013, 09:32:57 pm
*Zill saw the Wall of Jericho*

Impressive. Would sure hate to turn it though...

*He and Yiski took the barrels over to the warehouse for storage in the cellar.

Zill thought about what Yiski said earlier. He had felt the same way after Kyle's death, so he knew where Yiski was coming from. He only hoped his blind rage wouldnt endanger more than himself.

Zill saw Jun'ko and gave her a hug.*

Oh well hello my Admiral. Miss me?

I did. And while I hate you being involved in this, Im also glad youre here.

*Jun'ko blushes a little and kisses his mask.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 21, 2013, 10:46:29 pm
*BdrLine just stares up at the Wall of Jericho and whistles*
Damn thats one giant beast, hate to engineer on that thing though

*To PapaP*
Well if you are done with the radio, i'll just go over and check with my people.

*BdrLine goes to the back room where the radio is*
*he then converts the settings so that he can talk to multiple people at once, and dials in the many frequencies of his contacts*

*BdrLine puts a headsets on and tries to make contact*
Helloooo, anyone on?

*static until Zankif and Melin voices comes on*

*Zankif*
Finally Bdr, you know how long i've been trying to contact you?

*Melin*
Same here, but i got some information about that seal you gave me.

*For about 20 mins. Melin and Zankif relay all the informtion to BdrLine*
Thanks guys, radio me back when you find more.

Will do, Melin out.

Got it my friend.

*The radio then goes static*
*BdrLine gets up from the the chair and out of the room to find Zill and Yiski*
*He sees Zill taking charge of the organization with Yiski at his side talking to him*

*BdrLine goes up to them and talk about his earlier findings*
...So far i still need to hear from Niko, he hasn't responded to any of my calls so i assume he is still searching. But if anymore information pops up i'll tell you first.

*back to Ny-lee and Roland*
*After Roland finishes talking and hung his head down, Ny-Lee goes up to him and embraces Roland in a hug*
*She kisses him on the lips, when she breaks it, she looks into his eyes and says*

Roland never call yourself weak. Just because you can't fight in anyway, doesn't mean you are. You have an inner strength you don't even realize you have. And besides, you are never weak in my eyes.

*she resumes kissing him, but is then interpreted by the comming of the Jericho*

--Chang-ning--
*Outskirts of the city*

*Niko is following the map he found to the abandon HQ of the Birdmen*
*Behind him is a squad of Imperial Elites, not wanting to take a chance if there were any remaining members in that place*

*The old HQ is a three story high 500 sq ft building. The majority of the property look old and run down through the ages, but every building built in Yesha was built to last, which is why it is still standing*

*As they enter the building, the group notice that nothing is left inside*
*They continue through the building until they enter what looks like the information center*

Alright men split up, check for anything valuable

*As the group splits up to cover more of the information center, Niko notices something odd.*
*On one of the column, he notices a red blinking light*
*It took awhile until he finally figures it out*

*His eyes widen and he yells to the others*
QUICK EVERYONE OUT!! THEY PLANTED A BOMB IN HERE.

*As soon he says that, an explosion goes off at one end of the building, then another*
*The group, a little dazed, runs towards the entrance.*
*While trying to escape, many more explosions goes off around them*

*Soon the entrance was in sight, and the group was almost out.*
*Until an explosion directly behind them blows, knocking them out of the building*

*Miraculously all nine survive, even if they did sustain injuries, all nine return back to the city to check on their wounds*

*On a faraway building, a masked person stands on the roof with a portable radio*
Looks like they made it out boss, how do we proceed from this?.... Alright heading back to base then.

*he dials in another frequency and says soem code words, moments later a squid with modified silent engines arrive and the mask figure gets on. The squid then flys out in the distance*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 22, 2013, 12:51:50 am
--NARRATOR--

The group set up a temporary base inside the Dock's warehouse. Paradox sent for more overnight supplies. The group decided on the same watch set as last night, except BdrLine stayed glued to the radio to see if anymore information on the Birdmen came in.

Before retiring for the night, Yiski called Roland over. Yiski had the box he grabbed from the saloon earlier on his lap.
Are you going to tell me what is inside?

Yup. It's some of Micheal's military gear.

Yiski opened the box and it only had two items: A single piece of crimson shoulder armor and a M1911 pistol.
These are for you Roland.

What?

Micheal only wanted these to go to you when either he or I thought you should. Given the recent events, I see now that I cannot keep you protected 24/7.

Yiski... you know that I haven't...

Taught you how to handle a firearm. I know. Better late than never. We'll get started on basic firearm training in the morning.

Yiski got up and started to walk back toward the warehouse.
Yiski wait!

Yiski stopped.
Do... do you think I am weak?

Roland. You're only weak if you believe you're weak. Do you think you're weak?

Roland was silent.
Despite everything that's happened to you, not once have you turned away from hardship. All you've done is met it headlong and you've come out as you are. To me, you're more than just strong. You're honest, brave, and kind. Not traits you find often. Also, you've got a girlfriend who thinks the world of you.

Roland started to tear up. Yiski walks back and pats Roland on the back.
If you're parents were alive, I'd know like hell they'd be proud of you.

Thank you.

Anytime.

Yiski went back into the warehouse and Roland was sitting on a docking station with his legs hanging of the side. Soon Roland was met by a warm embrace and a kiss from Ny-Lee.
Are you feeling better?

I am and thank you.

Ny-Lee giggled and gave Roland another kiss.
Come on. Let's get some sleep. We've got work to do tomorrow.

Together they headed inside the warehouse.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 39--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 22, 2013, 10:43:58 am
--START OF DAY 40--

--NARRATOR--

Being on last watch again, Yiski met the morning sun. While everyone was getting up and preparing for today, Yiski went back down to the saloon to see if the remodeling had been completed. When Yiski got to the saloon, he saw the foreman and his men still working.
Unforeseen problems foreman?

The foreman turned and gave a sheepish grin to Yiski.
Yeah, turns out some of the support beams were more damaged because of the age of the saloon. How old is the building anyways?

I don't know. It's been around well before I took over.

I see. Well, I'm having the men do a full inspection of the saloon. Can't have you or anybody else inside just to have the whole building crashing down.

Yiski frowned, but accepted the situation.
Alright, just keep me posted on the status. I'm holding up in the Dock's warehouse for now.

Yiski left and made his way back to the warehouse where Roland was waiting for him outside.
Is the saloon fully repaired?

Nope. Looks like she took more damage and the foreman is runnin' an inspection to ensure there aren't anymore hidden dangers.

That is unfortunate. Well, Ny-Lee and I made breakfast.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 22, 2013, 11:35:22 am
-Narrator-

Zill woke with a start. Jun'ko was just getting up and leaned over him.

Wake up lazy man, else you miss breakfast. *Chuckles*

Yea yea. Today is sure to be interesting.

Oh right your interrogation is today. Did you want some help?

Zill knew his methods were for his eyes alone. He had been interrogating for years, and it wasn't always as violent as it was these days. Given the circumstances and the group they were up against, loose ends were the worst kind of idea.

I think its best you didn't. Plus, who else shall the dockmen gawk over while I am away?

She grins and leans down to kiss him. It lasts longer then expected. She breaks it though to present to him a small pouch.

A few days ago I had picked this up for you. I was looking for the right moment and I think its time you have it.

Zill goes to open it but she taps his hand.

Save it for when you leave. Now get together and lets have some breakfast my Admiral.

He gets himself dressed in his blackened outfit and they go outside.

-End Narrator-
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 22, 2013, 12:54:08 pm
--Docks--

*Ny-Lee, Roland, and Yiski were outside the warehouse. Yiski had set up a few targets for Roland to practice fire and teaching Roland the basic handling. Ny-Lee sat to the side watching.*
Alright, hold your gun up like so... make sure you have a nice, tight grip with both hands, lineup your front and back sights, and give the trigger a nice heavy pull.

*Roland squeezed the trigger a few times and the M1911 fired a round into the target.*
Not bad. Looks like you have a grouping near 3 o'clock and closest shot was off an inch from center. With a little more practice, you may be just as good as your father.

You really think so?

Even though you're mostly like your mother, you've got your father's sharp eye and calculatin' brain.

*Firing practice continued for the next hour.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 22, 2013, 01:15:51 pm
--Docks--
*BdrLine come out of the radio room with blood shot eyes*
*He gives a yawn and smells breakfast*

*BdrLine goes to a table and sees bacon, eggs, hash browns and coffee*
*He grabs a plate and a mug*
*Outside he hears some pistol shots and Yiski talking*

*figuring that Yiski is training someone to shoot, he heads out and sees the small group.*
*He goes over and sit next this his sister and eats his breakfast while watching the two*

*In between bites*
So Yiski is finally teaching him huh? So how is Roland with the pistol.

*Ny-Lee still watching Roland*
He is actually not that bad. Roland just need a little more practice, but he is getting there.

Hmm when they are done, i might practice with my rifle. You with me?

Naw i'll go and try out the blade you gave me.

Suit yourself *continues eating*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 22, 2013, 01:34:48 pm
-Docks-

*After some breakfast, Zill prepares to head over for the interrogation. He had a couple men take the barrels of ale over to Oliver's. He see's Yiski helping Roland out.*

One day a raging lunatic and the next a mentor. He never ceases to surprise me.

*He walks over and pats Roland on the shoulder.*

Here, give this a go.

*He hands Roland his hand cannon pistol.*

Careful though, its got a lot more recoil. Both hands on there.

*Roland nods and aims. He pulls the trigger and he clips the top of the target which promptly explodes the top half off. His eyes light up and Zill has a good laugh.*

Oh yea that will leave a mark.

Thanks Zill, that was fun.

Anytime.

*Zill gets ready to go and Jun'ko comes up and kisses his mask.*

That was sweet of you.

Just wanted to perk the kid up. Days like this, we need it.

Yep. You headed out?

Sure am. Lets hope our "friend's" give us a lead.

Well you are quite persuasive.

In more ways then one.

*He loads his gun and gets the proper equipment. Zill then tells the group to stay safe and heads to Oliver's.*

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 22, 2013, 01:53:22 pm
--Docks--

*Practice rolled and Yiski finally decided this was enough for one day.*
Alright Roland, we're done for today. How do your arms feel?

They feel almost like jelly. It is an odd feeling.

Yeah, that'll happen when you first start. Eventually, your arms will get used to it.

*Roland stood a few seconds in silence.*
Are you still thinkin' you're weak?

No. This is about Ny-Lee.

*Yiski decided to tease Roland a little bit.*
You thinkin' about proposin' to her...

I am.

*Yiski was speechless.*
Damn. I knew he was like Maria, but...

Are you okay Yiski?

Huh? Yeah, yeah.... so... how do you plan on doin' this? Don't you think you need to discuss with BdrLine and her folks?

Yes, I do. I will talk to BdrLineAzn and ask him to set up a radio channel to his parents.

You're really serious about this?

I am.

*Yiski took a look into Roland's eyes. Roland was serious. Yiski gave himself a small chuckle and put a hand on Roland's shoulder.*
Well, if you're goin' to follow this all the way through, you'll need a ring.

Oh no. I cannot ask you to provide me with it. I need to do this on my....

 Whoa.... I'm not gonna give you the money. That'd be disrespectful.

*Yiski yelled over to the remaining group*
Hold down the fort for a bit. Roland and I need to head to the bank.

Why are we heading to the bank? You said you would let me handle this.

*Yiski faced Roland and smiled.*
We're going to the bank because your parents left you one more surprise.

*Confused, Roland followed Yiski to the City Center.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 22, 2013, 03:08:37 pm
-Narrator-

Zill got to Oliver's and stood outside the door a moment. He took a deep breath, and was about to knock before he remembered Jun'ko's gift. He opened the pouch and took out the gold watch. Upon opening it he saw the quote.

"Every minute with you is worth more than hours without."

After what im about to do, I hope so.

Zill focused himself and knocked. Oliver quickly came to let him in.

They are secured and waking up per your instructions.

Thanks Oliver. You do more for me than you know. Anyway, same as last time.

The basement door is latched behind Zill, and in a circle facing eachother are the three captives. They all are wearing masks and leather vests. Zill gets a bucket full of White Steam Whiskey and addresses them.

Your names gentlemen.

The one that was unconscious at the saloon started to get mouthy.

Im not tellin' you a flakin' thing ab....

Zill dumped the WSW on his head, igniting the man's mask and vest. He began to scream in pain over the course of 3 minutes before Zill pulled out his pistol and shot him. The other two prisoners from the Port watched the entire ordeal.

Your names gentlemen.

I...Im Will.

Milton.

Good, good. Tell me why you were at my Port.

We were tasked to watch over the guy's ship. That was it really.

Yea...Thats right!

I already know the group that hired you. I need to know where they are based.

We dont know that.

Zill gave Milton a right cross to the jaw. Blood sprayed onto Will and he began to weep.

What...what was that for?!?

I did not ask if you knew. I asked where they are based.

Huh? That doesnt make a....

Zill shoved a funnel into Will's mouth and made him guzzle 3 mugs worth of Wild Wind Ale. He immediately began to go crazy.

Oh my god, its so hot in here! Birdman, why is it so hot???

Zill started taking notes.

Oh that makes sense, The Guild has some pretty hot lands.

Whats that? Oh yes the secret is safe with me.

We need to discuss the secret.

Oh yes of course. You see...

No you fool, hes tricking you!

Zill dumped WSW onto Milton. He began screaming from the fiery pain.

Hurry Will! We might catch fire unless we know!

Oh god! Yes yes, the secret lies in Izumi.

Zill was satisfied. He pulled the trigger on Will, and let Milton burn to death. He left the basement and latched it. Oliver stood up when Zill came up.

You ok?

Youre the doctor. Im sure you know better than i do. But you know what ill say.

Right. I take it your men will clean the basement?

They will.

Zill walks out and finds a spot in the Garden District to sit and reflect.

-End Narrator-
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 22, 2013, 03:50:50 pm
*BdrLine calls back to Yiski as he leaves*
Will do, its not like anything eventful is going to happen in a few hours.

*As Roland and Yiski is out of sight, he turns to Ny-Lee*
Now its my turn to have fun shooting

*BdrLine gets up from his spot and walks towards what looks like a wash bin for the plates and mugs*
*After, he goes back into the warehouse and brings back his rifle and an ammo box*

*Ny-Lee gets up as well and adjust the leather brace she has on her forearm*
If you're going to practice, i might as well do.

*After finally adjusting the guard, Ny extends and retracts the blade*
*As she does it a couple of more times, she turns to BdrLine*
Brother how many of these blades did you make?

*BdrLine is setting up a target and hears Ny-Lee*
With the one you have on.... Four, the other three should be in the box.

Do you know where the box is?

It should be back in Zill's warehouse, as we were converting it, i asked a worker to go retrieve it back from the saloon.

Ok thanks.
*Ny-Lee goes inside and find the said box on a table, ahe grabs a second forearm brace and places it on her left arm*
*The next hour or so, both Ny-Lee and BdrLine are outside of the warehouse*
*BdrLine with his rifle and shooting at targets, while Ny-Lee sets up a few make-shift dummies and practices using the dual blades*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 22, 2013, 05:52:02 pm
--First Bank of Anvala--

*Roland and Yiski walk into the bank and immediately get strange looks from the employees. Not everyday they get to see Western District citizens. Few of the bank guards gets cautious as Yiski walks up to the teller.*
Sir, what can I do for you today?

I've got a deposit box here and I need to access it.

I'm sorry if you do not mind me asking, but are you sure you have a deposit box with us?

*Yiski rolled his eyes at the teller.*
Goddamn profilin' bastard. Yes, I'm sure I have a box here.

*Yiski reaches into his pocket and pulls out a key and hands it to the teller. The teller inspects it and recognizes it's one of theirs.*
I'm terribly sorry sir, it's just we...

Any day now kid.

*The teller goes quiet and goes into the record room. After a few minutes, the teller returns with some files.*
Now for verification, I need you to give me the passphrase that goes to this account.

*Without hesitation.*
Crimson Bolt.

*The teller checks the file and nods his head.*
Correct sir. Please follow me into the vault.

*The two follow the teller into the vault. The teller locates and pulls out the proper box and puts the key in the lock.*
If there is anything else we can do for, please let us know.

*The teller exits, leaving only Roland and Yiski inside. Yiski pushes Roland toward the box.*
Go on. Open it.

*Roland takes a breath. He grabs the key and turns it to where he hears the box unlock. Roland opens the lid.*
Yiski!.... Is.... are the... these rings...

Your parents' wedding bands.... After Maria died, Micheal took his off and put their rings in this box.

*Roland also noticed an envelope. He opened it and found bank notes worth in total 4,000 gold.*
Where did my parents get this money?

Well, when they decided to have you they started a fund for you just in case. So, what's your plan now?

I'll take the rings with me and I'll leave the money here. I just need to find a proper time and place to propose to Ny-Lee. Probably when all this business is behind us.

Good call. Now let's lock this up and head back.

*Yiski closes the lid and re-lock the box. As they exit from the vault, Yiski tells the teller they're done. Eventually, the two make their way back to the warehouse.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 22, 2013, 06:48:38 pm
Papa thought since everyone was getting target practice, he might as well join in. He took his repeater, Brunhilda, out and reveled in its glory, it remained one of the few things Papa still took care of. He setup a long range target about 750 meters, he was standing and he used nothing but Brunhilda's ladder sight, after adjusting it slightly he exhaled letting the first shot go, Bullseye.

"Well darlin' you still like to pull to the right after all the years."

It was like pillow talk between one of his only true loves.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 22, 2013, 09:25:06 pm
--Docks--

*Roland and Yiski arrive back at the Docks and see BdrLine, Paradox, and Ny-Lee practicing. Yiski put his hand on Roland's shoulder.*
Well, I'll let you figure out your grand plan.

*Yiski addresses the group.*
I'm assumin' Zill's still out entertainin' our 'guests.' If anybody needs me, I'll be inside adjusting Blood Bolt. Best to stay clear unless you want to be covered in lochnagar powder.

*Before Yiski heads inside.*
Yiski. Do you think you could get me a few more clips of ammunition?

Sure.

*Yiski heads inside and comes back out with three clips of ammo. Yiski then goes back inside. Roland follows the procedure Yiski told him when checking current ammo and reloading. Before Roland starts practicing, he decided to watch Ny-Lee practice a bit.*
Gods, even when she is fighting, it is elegant.

*Roland felt he could watch Ny-Lee practice for hours.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 22, 2013, 09:36:44 pm
-Docks-

*Zill comes back to the Port and his warehouse. He takes his time just to appreciate the walk.*

Ahoy everyone. Got at least a destination to go on, but its no small feat to get there.

*He walks up to Jun'ko, lifts up his mask, and kisses her. She is caught off guard but quickly makes up for it. They finish and he replaces his mask.*

Well hello there. Miss me?

*Zill takes out his watch of inner pocket.*

Just a thank you for this.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 22, 2013, 10:20:57 pm
*As Zill returned and the group was altogether, an explosion could be heard coming from the warehouse followed by red smoke.*
By the heavens, Yiski!

*Out of the door and smoke, Yiski ran out of the warehouse coughing and sweating. Yiski face was also bright red, not from the smoke.*
Bloody skies... cough... cough.... didn't think cough... that mixture...cough....

*Roland rushes to Yiski's side and helps him down. Immediately, Yiski pulls out a flask of Clear Skies and downs it. He clears his throat and tries to speak again.*
Whew... As I was sayin', made a new round for Blood Bolt. It basically... you know what, I'll show y'all instead of explain' it.

*The warehouse wasn't leaking red smoke anymore when Yiski went back inside. When Yiski came back, he had Blood Bolt in hand and loaded one of his experimental rounds in. He took aim at one of the target dummies.*
You guys might wanna get back some. FIRE IN THE HOLE!

*The shot rang out and hit the target dead center. For a second, nothing happened. Suddenly though...*

*WOOSH* *CRACKLE*

*The target went up into flames and then exploded. The group was stunned. Yiski unchambered the spent round and turned to the others.*
Well, what y'all think?

*There was an air of silence.*
I know, beautiful right? Think this may be my best round yet. Goin' to make more of these babies.

*Yiski had some spring to his step as he went back insdie.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 22, 2013, 10:35:13 pm
*Zill makes sure his warehouse isnt damaged and smacks Yiski on the back of the head.*

I swear. The one place we can stay and you damn near blow it up. Youre thinking too much like me, and its disturbing.

*He addresses the group.*

We got our work cut out for us. The best place for us to go finding Birdmen is apparently Izumi, a little backwater town of nothing deep in Guild territory. They wont be welcoming when they realize we are there.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 22, 2013, 10:46:27 pm
*BdrLine takes in the new information*
Izumi huh? That's in the path of a suppose Birdmen factory. Zankif says that it's located in the carters, but even he is not sure if it exists. All he has is that one of his scout group reported they saw it. Mind if we investigate that as well?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 22, 2013, 11:00:11 pm
*Yiski facepalms.*
Really? Izumi? By the burnin' skies, as if we didn't already have to deal with the Birdmen, I'm sure the Guild would love to have me stop by for a chat.

*Yiski continues to work on his ammo.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 22, 2013, 11:21:20 pm
*Zill looks at Bdr.*

Yea, anything your contacts pick up needs to be looked at too. If we go all the way to Izumi and find an abandoned warehouse full of nothing, we at least have something to go with.

*Zill sighs.*

Its a fools trip but unless we want to live in this warehouse forever we need to silence these flakin' birds.

*He goes to sit in the back of the warehouse, taking a swig from his flask. Jun'ko comes up to Yiski and BdrLine.*

He seems a little down after his interrogation, and i doubt he will be an open book about it. Do you know anything about his past interrogations?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on March 22, 2013, 11:34:10 pm
*BdrLine to Jun'ko*
I only heard rumors and stories, but I've never seen one of his in person. But what I seen so far,he usually tends to them by himself.

*Ny-Lee goes over to Roland and pulls him away from the others*
I saw that you were watching me train with the blades. So what do you think hmm. And how was our little adventure with Yiski into the city.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 22, 2013, 11:42:41 pm
*Yiski to Jun'ko*
Trust me Jun, it's better to leave this topic silent. I know exactly how Zill conducts his interrogations. Hell, helped him out in a few after our service to the Baronies. I'll tell you this though, it's a burden that he'll have to shoulder all on his own.

*As Ny-Lee pulls Roland away from the others, he gives her kiss.*
Well, Yiski keeps showing me surprises about my parents.

*Ny-Lee looks at Roland with inquisitive eyes.*
And that is all you will be getting out of me.

*Ny-Lee pouts and Roland chuckles and gives her another kiss.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on March 22, 2013, 11:54:21 pm
*Walking up to Jun'ko*

"Overheard your conversation, heard you wanted to know about Zill's 'interrogations.' Yiski's too protective."

"Yeah."

*He had an apple in his hand, he cut it with the blade that was in his forearm, eating it gradually through the conversation.*

"Well I've been in there with him before, hell even taught him a couple things... interrogation is an art, we tried to break this one guy back in the day, damn he had willpower. Had. Anyways we've both had our fair share of interrogations, but watching Zill was like watching a master artisan, trained in the way of sadism. Got youself a real keeper."


*He let that sink in, accentuating every word with the apple and knife.*

"He might even be better than me... naahhh probably not."

*He patted her on the shoulder and walked away leaving her in her stunned state.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on March 22, 2013, 11:56:27 pm
*While everyone was researching, Shink was sitting on the roof of the warehouse keeping a watch over the port. In the distance, Shink spots a courier heading our way with a package. Excited, Shink hops down off the roof, and intercepts the courier before anyone else could."

"Thanks! Here's a bit extra for the trouble"

*Shink opens the package to reveal a new scope for his sniper rifle*

this'll do nicely
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on March 23, 2013, 12:34:39 am
*Jun'ko knew Zill would be heavy handed, but surely PapaP was only exageratting, right? The curiosity took over, and she sat with him in the back.*

So I was talking to the guys about you.

*Zill looked up at her.*

That cant be good...

*She looked nervous.*

So about the interrogations...

*Zill sat up and wrapped an arm around her.*

Do we really need to go down that road? Is it possible for you to accept that it is my burden, and i take it for the sake of everyone else, including you?

*Jun'ko just leans onto him*

I worry about you more than anything. You put a lot on yourself and i never really understood why.

*Zill sighs.*

Stick around long enough and I will tell you.

*Jun'ko looks up at him and nods. She knows the coming days will be tough, and less on his mind is best.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 23, 2013, 12:57:23 am
--NARRATOR--

The group settles down for the evening. This evening the watch was going to be a little different. Yiski was going to pull an all-nighter and use the local presses to make a fair number of his new rounds.
Hmm... got to name these rounds... Sun Burst? I like that. We'll call these Sun Burst rounds. Try and mimic these you feathered bastards.

Ny-Lee was deep asleep, but Roland was still awake. He held his father's pistol in his lap and ran his hand over it. As much as he wanted to propose to Ny-Lee, he wasn't sure if the coming days would allow any time for a proper proposal. Roland reached into his pocket and pulled out a small pouch. Inside were his parents' wedding bands.
I need to become stronger. For everyone. For Ny-Lee.

During the first watch Jun'ko and Zill sat a their usual distance, but to Jun'ko it felt much farther.
I know Paradox likes to exaggerate, but it makes sense to what Yiski said before. I know he worries about me, but I wish he'd depend on me more.

Zill was a little sore over Paradox opening his mouth about his interrogations.
Dammit Paradox. I didn't need this now. I don't want to drag Jun'ko down into any of this.

The second watch was uneventful and Paradox passed the time lowly humming a tune he remembered a few years back.

The final watch was handled by Shinkurex. Since, Yiski was otherwised occupied with making his Sun Burst rounds, Shinkurex offered to take watch. Mostly because he wanted to test out his new scope.
This scope is awesome!

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 40--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on March 23, 2013, 11:18:47 am
--START OF DAY 41--

--NARRATOR--

The morning sun came up and Yiski was happy. Despite having heavy bags under his eyes, he managed to make 4 5-round magazines of his Sun Burst rounds. Satisfied, Yiski walked out into the main warehouse floor to where his temporary bed was and immediately collapsed with a loud thud. This woke everyone else up.

Roland approached Yiski and sighed. Yiski was simple sprawled out over the bed. Roland decided to set Yiski in a comfortable position.
Well, since Yiski is asleep, I will go see if the saloon’s repairs are finished.

Mind if I tag along?

Roland nodded and the two made their way to the saloon. What they saw next would have driven Yiski beyond insanity and madness.

The saloon was gone.

The two stood for a while in absolute shock before Ny-Lee spotted the foreman.
What happened to the saloon?

Well, further inspection found the foundation for both the main and second floors were well beyond prime operational life. I made the decision to tear down the saloon and rebuild it from the ground up.

Roland snapped out of his daze.
What about all the equipment and supplies?

We stored those in one of our warehouses. We also made sure to keep the Hellfire units actives.

How long and how much will all this take?

Well, it should only take two weeks to rebuild. The cost would be 9,000 gold, but since I promised Yiski it was only a simple remodeling, I’ll eat some of the cost and charge 5,500 gold.

Thank you.

The two left the torn down saloon and made their way back to the warehouse. When they returned, they were greeted by the others.
So, is the saloon repaired? I’d like to get a drink before we ship out.

Yeah, I’d like to get some sake!

Ny-Lee and Roland stood in silence with frowns on their faces. This set of red flags in everyone’s mind.
Roland? Is everything alright?

The... the saloon... it’s gone.

The silence was deafening.
You’re telling me those idiots tore down the saloon? The hell were they thinking?

Damn, Yiski’s not going to be happy when he wakes up.

Why am I not goin’ be happy when I wake up?

The group turned and saw Yiski. He gave another heavy yawn. Nobody wanted to say what happened in fear of Yiski grabbing Blood Bolt and starting a rampage in Anvala, but Roland stepped up.
Well, the foreman said the saloon was in disrepair and... possibly tore the saloon down to rebuild it.

Yiski stood there for a few minutes. The lack of sleep was making it longer to process what Roland said. Finally, Yiski walked over to his bed and went back to sleep. The group was surprised.
Yiski?

What? I tryin’ to sleep.

You are not mad... at all?

Of course I’m mad as the burning skies! But since we’re goin’ after these Birdmen, it just gives me more of a reason to rip their feathers out.

With Yiski asleep again, the group went on their business in getting ready for departure.

Destination: Izumi.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 41--


Again semi-token post due to Cogs match. Those interested (especially in the Merry Northern Storm) should watch the live stream at http://www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 04, 2013, 11:59:18 am
(OOC: In case you didnt know, we are in a quest right now. Normal Burning Skies will return once it is over. Here is a link for the Quest.

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,408.0.html

Woo more reading!)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 07, 2013, 09:10:38 pm
(OOC:omg, it's back, ITS BACK)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 12:33:03 pm
--START OF DAY 62--

--NARRATOR--

It was mid-afternoon when the team finally arrived in Anvala's port. During their return flight, Jun'ko had done most of the piloting and forcing Zill to rest. Now, Zill had recovered enough be walk on his own, albeit slowly. As Then It Was Fixed Again and M'Naghten Returns docked, the team departed from their ships. Waiting for them was a group of Council Elite Guards.

Admiral Zill. The Council requests your presence immediately regarding the recent events.

Zill grimaced.

Really? Can't they leave me to rest for one day? I'd like to get some rest and drink before then.

I'm sorry, but the request was made urgent.

Fine.

Do you want me to come along?

No. I won't be long.

Zill leaves the Port along with the guards. Yiski is the next person to start walking out of the Port.

What, you think I'm going to sit here all day and not see if my beloved saloon isn't rebuilt yet? You comin' folks?

I'll met up with you all shortly. I'm going to do some checks on the ships. I feel like they could some more work.

Really brother, after all this you're just going to sit here in the docks?

Sadly, BdrLine had already left and got a group of workers together and headed for the warehouse. Ny-Lee sighed.

Come on, darling. Let us go see if our saloon is there.

I'd love for it to be there and better. I could use a drink.

I second that.

Third.

The team, minus Zill and BdrLine, make their way to the Western District to where the saloon used to stand. When they arrived at the location they see a brand new saloon with a wooden board over a concrete building "Burning Skies Saloon". Everyone was surprised at the new building, but not nearly as Yiski who was mentally squealing like a schoolgirl.

By the glorious skies, it's gorgeous.

I have to say the foreman did an excellent job.

I'm glad you think so.

The group turns and sees the foreman with a grin on his face.

We finished the rebuilding a few days back. As you can see, the new saloon is much more sturdy and sleek. And if you love the exterior, just wait till you get inside.

The foreman hands Yiski the keys to the building. Yiski unlocks and enters his saloon and his jaw drops. The interior of the saloon had smooth hardwood floors, the support pillars were now concrete, the bar counter was made of Ridge Redwood (uncommon and expensive), the tables were brand new. What made Yiski laugh is the couch which had seen so much action was still sitting there against the stairwell. Yiski wandered into the back and saw all of his equipment was set back. Yiski walked to the front window and saw the sign and clicked to where the saloon was open. He then yelled to the other outside.

What you want me to shoot some fireworks or somethin'? Get in here! Yup, it'd definitely good to be home.

--NARRATOR END--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on April 08, 2013, 12:40:47 pm
*Astonished by the new saloon, Shink steps inside, and finds where his usual corner was. The foreman must've known that this was Shink's place, as he had reinforced everything in that corner*

"This is freaking awesome!"

*Shink takes a seat, and the stress of the journey seemed to disappear entirely*

"Yiski! There is no better way to break this place in, than to order a round of White Steam Whiskey"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 08, 2013, 01:40:28 pm
-Narrator-

The walk to the Council Hall felt like ages for Zill. As agitated as he was for being summoned as soon as they landed, he was determined to make it a quick meeting so that he could rest.

The Elites escorted him to the Council Chambers. There the Council was prepared to receive him.

Greeting my Council.

(1-9) Greetings Admiral.

(1) You have been summoned here so that we may congratulate you for your success against the wicked Birdmen.

I thank you. I trust the Yeshan Emperor has contacted you?

(6) Indeed. Thanks to your efforts, they wish to expand their trade with us, and offer three Galleons to join our fleet.

Great news for our fine City. However, this is not all you wish to discuss with me.

(3) Always quick to the point Admiral. We have learned that in Izumi, you discovered a rather large record of Birdmen and Guild research. We wished to see these records for the betterment of the Council.

Unfortunately the book was destroyed along with my vessel. And to be frank its best that way. The research they performed, and implemented, was very twisted, and not something the Council should be investigating.

(9) We will be the judge of what we will and won't do, Admiral. Since the book is lost however, we will not discuss it any further.

(1) The matter of your Northern mission is also of importance today.

Zill cringed. He was on wits end with this meeting and was barely holding back his true emotion.

What of it?

(7) A recon of the Republic Fleet's recent movements cannot go ignored. If they raid Firnfeld, the proximity to our beloved City will make us a prime target.

Surely one of my officers can handle such a task as recon.

(3) If they do intend to raid, than you will be tasked to block any movement to the south. The last raids from them cost us much.

That they did. As you can see however, I am in no state to fly immediately. I will perform your request but only on my time. Rest assured I know the severity of the situation and will handle it.

(9) Very well. Do give your friends our regards. Yiski and Papa in particular.

To clear Skies.

Zill leaves the Chambers and slowly heads to the Saloon. His mind wanders from topic to topic. He aches at the thought of anything right now except a stiff drink and good company. These things can wait till tomorrow.

-End Narrator-
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 01:51:30 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski gives Shink a large grin*

One White Steam comin' up!

*Yiski uses the new tap system installed and pours a WSW and hands it to Shink*

To celebrate the re-grand opening, the rounds are on the house!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 08, 2013, 01:55:13 pm
--Docks--

*BdrLine and his small group, which consist of Tommy, Allen, and John, heads towards his warehouse*

*The three were surprised to see BdrLine as they didn't know where he had went for the past few weeks. Tommy was the first to speak*
Damn Bdr, where have you been? We all though you have died from one of your experiments

*BdrLine says sarcastically*
Well nice to see you guys too and that you care abou me

*Allen was the next to speak*
Oh we are glad your are back. But we figured, with the lack of damage and explosions from your warehouse the past weeks, that something happened

*BdrLine smirks*
Well it's time to start it up again. But not today, we are just going to my warehouse to get a few tools and do some matinence on a few ships

*John chimes in slowly*
Yeah about your warehouse... the three of us sorta did some work inside. You may or may not like what we have done

*As the four arrive at he warehouse, BdrLine goes to the door and puts a hand on it. He looks back at the others before opening*
What, like you guys changed it and added a boxing ring, a miniature pool, or a race track in right

*All three chuckles nervously and Tommy speaks again*
Yeah about that

*BdrLine opens the door, and infront of him is an actually boxing ring on one side of the giant warehouse and a racing track on the other half*

*BdrLine is surprised at the newest additions to his warehouse*
WHAT THE FLAK. You guys actually did this?! And where is all my equipment and things

Well two out of three, we couldn't find room for a pool. But don't worry we moved all your things downstairs underneath this place

*BdrLine pinching the bridge of his nose to calm himself*
Well alright, if all my stuff is still here, then maybe I let this slide. *sighing* Well come on let's head down, grab some tools, and head to the ships

*All three complies with BdrLine and follows him downstairs to get some equipment. Once they go the tools they needed, All four goes back to where Then it was fixed and the M'Naghten Returns were docked*

--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee walks in from the outside and to Yiski*
If you want fireworks, I think my brother still have some lying around *laughs*

*Ny-Lee gazes at the interior*
Wow this place looks better than ever. Yiski you think we can start up the piano as well?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 02:47:40 pm
--Saloon--

*Yiski laughs*

I'll pass on BdrLine's fireworks. I just got this place rebuilt and I'm not lettin' anything bring it back down.

*Yiski turns to Roland*

You feelin' up to playin' something?

*Roland walks over to the piano.*

It been a long while since I have played anything.

Hell, give it a shot.

*Roland sits down and raises the key covers. He places his hands down on the keys and takes a deep breath. He begins playing a ragtime melody.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 08, 2013, 03:08:14 pm
-Saloon-

*Jun'ko walks in, dressed for a night out. She heads to the bar.*

You have no idea how nice it is to be out of war gear. Think you can add some special "Yiski magic" to that Sake for me? Its going to be a good night. By the way, this place looks amazing!

*Just then, Zill opened the door and limped to the bar.*

I need a double of, something. That meeting was......nevermind.

*He looks around and takes in all the new bits of the Saloon.*

This place does look like a bunker now, though with class. They do good work for sure.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 08, 2013, 03:33:47 pm
*Connor walks into the saloon and gives a short snort*

Well, this isn't much

*He walks over to sit at the bar and motions to the bar tender*

Ay keep! Somethin to keep this headache down!
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on April 08, 2013, 03:44:32 pm
*Notices Connor enter the bar, and snort in derision*

"Well look who we have here. Did someone leave the door open? Boy you best head to a different saloon, if you think you can stomach Yiski's brew"

*Seeing that Conner would not budge from the requested ale, Shink just shrugs*

"Very well, I think a Hellfire will suit you nicely"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 08, 2013, 03:52:40 pm
*hearing a bit of an unfriendly tone Connor takes it as a challenge*
 I don't think you know who you're dealin with now! After this past week I reckon I can stomach anything thrown at me

*Grabbing the Hellfire he takes a cautious sniff and starts to down the drink only getting a quarter through before stopping*

Ahh, that's more like it

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Shinkurex on April 08, 2013, 04:00:26 pm
*Amused, Shink pats Conner's back maybe a little too hard*

"Well I'll be... Looks like he can stomach hellfire.... Yiski! looks like your brews are getting weaker.... Well then, tell us a little bit about yourself. I haven't seen you around here"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 04:06:59 pm
*Yiski prepares Jun'ko some sake and decides to add a few 'extras' to it.*

Here you go, not sure how it'll turn out.

*Yiski then hears Zill's comment.*

Hmm... *Yiski makes a mug of Frost Fire Ale and Clear Skies.* It's not a double, but I think this'll do you better.

*Yiski sees Connor starting on his Hellfire.*

Ah green folk to the Hellfire. Hmm... he'll start suffering about 3/4 way.

*Yiski then turns to Shink.*

Weaker? You must've taken a harder hit to your head.

*Yiski pulls the Hellfire tap and throws in the following ingredients: Lochnagar Pepper Extract and Powdered Dragon Pepper.*

Try this Shink.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 08, 2013, 04:07:48 pm
--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee goes over and sits next to Roland at the piano*
*She watches his hand move around the keys*

*To Shink without looking away from the piano*
Shink just lighten up a little. We just got back, don't start making trouble again. *To Roland* Honey you think I can play something with you?

--Docks--

*BdrLine and the three arrives to both Yiski's and Zill's ships*

So what we we going to do to them. Not anything drastic right?

No just a matinence check on them. See is the engines running efficiently, all the guns are bolted correctly, etc. etc.

Ok, so Allen and I on the Goldfish. And you and John on the Galleon?

Yup so let's get cracking

*The four splits into their respective groups and board the two vessesls, and just like what BdrLine said, they conduct matinence checking all the ships components. After a hour or so, they completed both ships*

That's it right nothing else.

 That's it. You guys are to go. I'll be heading to the saloon

*BdrLine goes his way out of the port towards the saloon, while the three goes over to his warehouse to go driving on the race track*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 08, 2013, 04:10:08 pm
*Connor gives a half smile up to Shink and looks back down at his drink*

Not really much to say, my crew and I have been traveling from place to place, no real reason for it, just don't wanna be tied down I guess, like the nomads in Urhali.

*He takes another sip*

Alas, we were just on our way past Anvala when we got hit by pirates, flakin' killed 2 of my crew and now my ship is stuck in this shit hole for a while getting repairs, sorry if that offends you, I'm a little pissed

*Connor finishes his drink and shrugs down.*

Yiski is it? I heard of your bar from some other captains, I heard you're quite the brewer

(OOC: We replaced f*ck with flak, just cause it sounds a little better. No harm intended here.)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 05:35:07 pm
*Roland stops playing and moves over a little for Ny-Lee sit next to him. Once she's next to him, he turns to Ny-Lee and gives her a kiss on the cheek.*

So what song did you have in mind?

*Yiski pours himself a Hellfire and takes a large gulp.*

By the skies, how I've missed this. *Yiski turns to Connor.* Well, you heard right. If you're feelin' brave to trying somethin' new and potentially dangerous I'm your brewer and/or distiller.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 08, 2013, 05:42:03 pm
*The doors to the new saloon open and two figures come through in. At first glance they look like best friends with their arms around each others shoulders. Then it becomes clear that one of them is bleeding from is left leg with bits of shrapnel sticking out. The guy supporting him, Iris, is the first to speak*
"Quickly, this man needs medical attention! *Pulls a stool over and sets the man down* You told me it was only a scratch, or I would have taken you to a clinic!"

*Then the wounded man speaks, it's Skyraider*
"I couldn't even feel my leg, its completely numb, and being inside an airplane its hard to tell!"

*Iris protests*
"You were hit by a flak cannon, and your wing was smoking, couldn't you have at least said that!"

*Skyraider replies with pain in his voice as Iris tries to pull out a piece of metal*
"Panic would not achieve our goal of getting me safely on the ground, so it was best for me not to say the state my plane was in. And what is this place!"

*They both look around for a second, then Skyraider speaks*
"Burning Skies Saloon, this place is a lie! Untruthful facility could be my grave, but I don't plan on dying today."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 08, 2013, 05:52:42 pm
*Zill takes a swig of his ale and looks over to Sky's situation.*

I dont have time for this...Jun and Ny, patch him up before he makes a mess of the place. What on earth did you do Sky?

*Jun'ko goes over with a wet rag from Yiski to clean the wound on his leg. Luckily for him the shrapnel wasnt deep.*

Probably a random bounty hunter trying to collect. Just dont get blood on my clothes. Ive dealt with enough of this in my lifetime...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 08, 2013, 05:56:30 pm
*Connor sighs and turns to Yiski*

Yeah, pour me a glass will ya?

*He turns to the injured man*

Pirates? Ain't need no green sailors going off and getting themselves killed
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 08, 2013, 06:09:36 pm
*Turns to Connor and Zill*

"I was drafted into the Yeshan Empire as a pilot, while I was in a mission to invade a pirate settlement  I was hit by flak and..."

*Looks at his leg*

"Suffered a damaged plane and shrapnel all across my leg, its bad to get hit and feel pain, but no pain is even worse."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 08, 2013, 06:22:26 pm
*Connor turns back to face the bar*

Nothing a good drink can't fix

*He nonchalantly raises his glass slightly above his head and turns to the bartender*

Make that two drinks
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 06:31:52 pm
*Yiski notices Skyraider and the commotion and yells over to Roland.*

Roland! Go get Oliver!

*Without a word, Roland jumps off the piano and runs out heading to Oliver's place.*


--Garden District--

*Many minutes later, Roland is at Oliver's door and starts frantically bangs on Oliver's door. The door is swung open.*

Roland, what's wrong?

*Roland takes a second to catch his breath.*

Sky...raider... badly... injured.

Say no more.

*Oliver heads inside and comes back with his medical bag. Oliver heads off to the saloon with Roland close behind.*


(Connor stop using white/beige, it looks the same as my lines. Please use quotation.)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 08, 2013, 06:36:39 pm
*Connor mumbles to himself*

And I still don't get my fuckin' drink

*He turns around to Skyraider*

Where were the pirates?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 07:20:13 pm
*When Yiski notices that Skyraider's injury isn't life threatening, Yiski gets back behind the bar.*

Sorry about that Connor, here are your two Hellfires.

*Yiski thinks a bit.*

If there are any raiders, I'd assume they're up North of here. Heard there's a group movin' through.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 08, 2013, 07:57:12 pm
*Iris pulls out another peice of metal from Skyraider's leg, Sky winces*

"Alright, I certainly felt that, so my leg isn't completely dead yet."

*Turns to Yiski*

"I think if it was a fatal wound I'd be missing the leg entirely, and I'd doubt those raiders are moving to attack us. Before I turned around, I dropped a 700 kg bomb on their base."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 08, 2013, 08:02:48 pm
--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee gets up rom the piano and goes and grabs some bandages. She goes over to Skyraider, and Jun finishes washing up the blood, wraps the cloth around the injury*

There I think this should hold. And about your plane, where did you guys land? We didn't hear a crash or anything of that matter earlier.

*Few minutes later BdrLine goes upon the Saloon*
*He stares at the remodelling of the outside*
Damn, that foreman did a good job on this place

*He walks in and see the bloodied person*
Wow first day back and already there is blood in this place.

*He squints to see who it was and come to realise that it was Sky*
By the Gods it's you Sky, what the hell happen to ou?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on April 08, 2013, 08:21:35 pm
Papa's arm turns into a that infamous blade

"Aw, I wanted to aputate..."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc on April 08, 2013, 08:39:58 pm
*Connor walks over to sky and hands him a drink*

there ya go mate, that should help a little bit
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 08:50:47 pm
*Roland and Oliver make it back to the saloon and see Ny-Lee trying to patch Skyraider's leg. Oliver intervenes.*

You've done a good job stopping the bleeding. Now I'll just come in and finish things out.

*Oliver started to work on Skyraider's leg. He first gave Skyraider a shot of morphine to numb the pain. Next, he pulled out his stitches kit and began closing the wounds. Finally, Oliver grabbed the remaining bandages and covered his handiwork. It took twenty minutes for Oliver to finish up.*

*Meanwhile Roland took a seat at the bar*

Yiski could you get me a glass of water.

*Yiski hands Roland a glass of water.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc on April 08, 2013, 08:59:46 pm
*Connor looks almost in shock*

oh my god, if only you were on my ship when we got hit, maybe I wouldn't have lost those lives

*Connor sits back down and starts hand rolling a cigarette, stopping only to take another gulp of his drink*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 08, 2013, 09:13:55 pm
*Stares at his leg and stands up*

"Well I can walk, so I can still fix my pl.... OH NO!"

*Skyraider runs out of the door to see a fire in the distance*

"Well, that's my plane.... or WAS my plane. Ah well, I had plans for a newer mono-plane. Speaking of which, I should probably go get them."

*Ignores the people trying to get him to sit back down and runs toward the smoke*

"I'll be back, and this time without a bleeding leg! Iris, get a fire extinguisher and put that plane out before it becomes a hazard!"
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 08, 2013, 09:17:33 pm
*Connor sparks up his cigarette and starts smoking, blowing O's in the air*

Funny thing, how much everything really matters when put in perspective, I guess his leg ain't hurt that bad

*Connor lounges backward in his chair and closes his eyes*

(OOC:I just realized how much of an idiot I am for logging in to the wrong account on my phone and commenting -_____-)
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 08, 2013, 09:24:21 pm
*Zill just drinks and watches the whole affair. The Council meeting really made his mind wander. He ordered another round to out it at ease. Jun'ko came over and rubbed his back.*
You ok? Youve been pretty quiet since the Coucil meeting.

I just need another round. *Orders*

Well, if you need anything let me know....

*Zill just stared into his mug.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 08, 2013, 09:40:30 pm
*Connor opens his eyes after overhearing the conversation and motions for another drink*

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 08, 2013, 09:54:58 pm
*After the little scene with Sky, BdrLine goes to the bar*

*To Yiski*
And not a day goes by without anything happening at this place. Yiski I think I'm up for a Hellfire, been a long time since I drank that

*Ny-Lee goes up to Roland at the bar and hugs him from behind*
Hmm tired from all that running I see. Thought after all the things we did in Yesha, you would gotten more fit. *Smirks* I think I can help with this

*BdrLine rolls his eyes at the two*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 08, 2013, 10:02:39 pm
*Connor looks at the two*

You guys stay close, dont-

*A little drunk he stumbles*

Don't take love for granted

*He lays his head now on the counter top of the bar after finishing up his drink*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 10:05:13 pm
*Yiski facepalms when Skyraider rushes out of the saloon*

Yup, it definitely doesn't feel like home when somethin' isn't on fire.

*Yiski then notices Connor's head down on the counter.*

Hmm... looks like the couch is going to be in action too on our first day back. BdrLine, help me get him to the couch.

*The two manage to get Connor lying on the couch. Yiski then looks on at the couple.*

If you two do plan on doing anything, there's always the room upstairs. Hmm... now that I think about it, I haven't been up there yet.

*Roland looks up at Yiski with a blush*

Yiski you know that I would never....

Relax Roland, I know you wouldn't. Still you should go rest up a bit upstairs, I know your leg isn't fully healed and I damn well know running to the Gardens and back was not good on the leg.

*Roland lets out another deep breath. He gets up and puts a little pressure on the ankle which immediately lets out. Roland would have fallen over if Ny-Lee didn't hold him up.*

I suppose you are right Yiski. *To Ny-Lee* Darling, would you mind helping upstairs?

*Ny-Lee gives Roland a peck on the cheek.*

Of course love.

*The two went upstairs. When they were out of sight, BdrLine shot a look to Yiski.*

Relax, you should have more faith in those two. I bet their not rabid like Zill and Jun here.

*Yiski smiles at the two and hands Zill another Clear Skies.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 08, 2013, 10:20:29 pm
Gotta...gotta get back...back to me ship

*Connor starts to mumble a little louder*

Me ship..back..back

*Connor shoots up and almost falls out the couch*

My ship, oh fuck, I-I gotta get back on my-my shop

*He manages to stand up, and barley stumble out of the saloon on his way to his ship*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 08, 2013, 10:29:29 pm
*BdrLine goes back to the bar after helping moving Conner*

Alright, alright ,you know I trust Roland, just the thought just get me paranoid. So can I get that Hellfire again?

*Upstairs, Ny-Lee helps Roland into the bed.*
*Ny-Lee takes a chair from a desk and put it asides the bed and sits*

*Once Ny sits down, she looks back and did a double take*
*The upstairs room has been made a few feet longer, inside was placed a full writing desk and a floor to ceiling wardrobe.*
*Besides the her is not one, but two twin size beds and inbetween is a small table with a radio*

They really upgrade this place I see. But dear I was thinking, once your leg heals, I can help exercise you a bit. What do you think?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 08, 2013, 10:39:10 pm
*Skyraider walks back in, limping, with a scroll in his arms. He sets the scroll down and opens it, revealing a well-drawn out plane*

"This is the idea I had while flying what used to be my biplane donated from the Yeshan Empire. Instead of going for the maneuverability of biplane, it goes for speed. And with airships, they can simply out run flak."

*Stares at his paper, then speaks up again*

"Problem is finding a suitable engine... and retractable landing gear so I don't end up ripping them off while in high speeds."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 08, 2013, 10:47:35 pm
--Passanger Ship Close to Docks--

*A crack is heard over the intercom system*
*In a shrill voice the Captain is heard*

Uhh, Attention passengers due to unforeseen circumstances we will have to land at the nearest dock, We'll be up in the air in 6 hours time.

*The passengers groan once they hear this*

YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!

*The passengers continued to complain until they reached the docks*
*The now angry mob continued to pout while they exited the aircraft*

*While exiting Honeybadger glanced at his watch which he kept in his coat sighing*

Well, time Isn't a problem anymore I suppose.

*After a short walk down the street he saw a man running and panting hurriedly with something in his arms*
*Upon turning around he saw a plane that was caught ablaze, he quickly raised both of his eyebrows and almost let go of his suitcase*

I think I need a drink...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 08, 2013, 10:48:14 pm
*BdrLine, hearing about Sky and his project, goes over to him and looks at the plans*
Sky i think I can help you out on this. Think you can bring your plane to my warehouse?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 08, 2013, 11:07:40 pm
*Hears BdrLine and replies*

"Thanks for the offer, but I have a private airstrip that has spare parts lying around. What I really need is for you to go out and find an engine capable of pulling 370 mph in the air."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 11:17:36 pm
*Yiski fills another mug with the Hellfire tap and hands it to BdrLine.*

A single-manned biplane, huh? I've been hearing things about those from the workers and some engineers. Didn't figure they start testing prototypes so soon without those variables handled.

*Yiski thinks to himself.*

If they're rushing this development, it has to do something with raiders. They're not a threat to warships, but throw an civilian vessel and it's a whole new game.

*Meanwhile upstairs in the saloon, Roland was also admiring the new room. He then looked back to Ny-Lee.*

Well, the room is pretty, but nothing compared to you darling.

*A blush came over Ny-Lee.*

As far as a little physical training... I think I could benefit from it.

*Roland realized the saloon started to get busy because the two could hear all the commotion downstairs.*

Huh, I guess there were people waiting for the saloon to reopen. *Roland then takes a look at Ny-Lee who is looking around the room still.* Heavens, to think I would ever meet a girl like Ny-Lee, let alone be engaged to her. *His mind then suddenly makes a leap of logic* With the noise, Ny-Lee and I could.... oh heaven what am I thinking!?

*Roland is staring at his finance when she turns her gaze back on him. This causes Roland to quickly avert his eyes from her, all the while blushing and Ny-Lee looking on him inquisitively.*

*Back downstairs, Yiski notices Connor is missing from the couch.*

By the skies, got another drunk man on the loose. See I got a bleeding and reckless Sky with a drunk man wandering around? Yup, definitely home.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 08, 2013, 11:24:08 pm
*Skyraider replies to Yiski's comment*

"No you idiot, I mean mono-plane as in one wing instead of two ontop of each other. Single manned biplanes were common in the Yeshan Empire, in fact I had one but well.... yeah. Single winged aircraft is extremely risky with reducing maneuverability, so no one really wanted to try and make one. But now with planes getting shot down by flak because they are too slow could bring them back."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 08, 2013, 11:27:00 pm
*Zill chugs his Clear Skies. Jun downs her Sake and falls over. Zill catches her before she hits the floor.*
What did you put in that Sake Yiski???

*Jun'ko shakes her head and looks at Zill.*
Whew i havent had anything that strong in awhile.

*She lifts up Zill's mask and starts kissing him. He's surprised but quickly gives in. A few tables around them cheer them on. Once they finally break it, Zill takes two mugs from the nearest patrons and offers one to Jun. They chug them and kiss again.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 08, 2013, 11:30:53 pm
*Yiski grunts at Skyraider return*

Meh, I'll take a goldfish any day into the skies.

*Yiski then looks at Zill catching Jun'ko and Zill's comment.*

Well, Jun said see wanted her sake with some bite, so I gave her one with bark and bite.

*Yiski then sees the make-out the two are doing and walks down the counter and makes himself a Frost Fire.*

Burning skies, at least take it upstairs with the other two. I'm sure they built an extra room.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 08, 2013, 11:36:53 pm
*Skyraider sees Zill and Jun kissing*

"Ugh, romance, well if this is what is going on tonight then I might as well head back to the airstrip and actually rest for awhile... in peace."

*Gets up and limps toward the door and turns around*

"Do svidaniya!"

*Walks out of the saloon*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 08, 2013, 11:37:30 pm
*BdrLine to Sky before he leaves*
A single wing aircraft huh? Well anything is possible.

*BdrLine ponders for a moment*
An engine going that fast. hmm I'll check my warehouse then. If i don't find one, i can try to make one

*Back upstarirs*

*Ny-Lee is still staring at Roland*
So Roland... what are you thinking.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 12:06:57 am
*After he picked his jaw up he decided to look for a place to stay for the night*
*Honeybadger wandered the street for about 10 minutes before finding the saloon*

Not the worst place I've crawled into...

*He entered the semi busy saloon and being unfirmiliar with the saloon be sat at a table he saw that was vacant waiting for any sort of waitress among the craziness of the saloon*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 09, 2013, 12:18:19 am
*BdrLine sees the new patron, to Yiski*
Yiski, looks like we got a new patron.

*To Honeybadger*
So, new around these parts?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 12:24:20 am
*Turns to Bdr while dusting off his navy bowler hat*

Yes, you can thank the incompetent captain for that. But where are my manners, People call me Honeybadger, pleased to meet you.

*Extends hand to BdrLine*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 09, 2013, 12:30:40 am
*takes and shakes the hand*
Please to meet you as well. So where are you form Honeybadger?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 12:43:29 am
*He looks around and brings his hand to his chin quizzically*

I was born in the Baronies, I've lived just about everywhere else. In fact I just got back from Yesha.

*looks back from the ceiling and took his hand off his chin and rested it on his chair. Looks back to BdrLine*

Where are you from?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 09, 2013, 12:54:44 am
*To Badger*
Well i was born in Chang-ning and all of us just came back from Yesha from a little... adventure
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 09, 2013, 12:55:41 am
--NARRATOR--

Yiski sees BdrLine and the new patron.

Welcome Honeybadger to the Burning Skies Saloon! Well, there's some silver linin' to your situation.

Honeybadger looks over and sees that Yiski hands Honeybadger a Frost Fire Ale.

Tonight's my re-grand opening and the drinks are on the house. If you need more just yell and either me or someone I trust will get you more.

After a some introductions Yiski , BdrLine, and Honeybadger spend most of the evening discussing Honeybadger's trip.

Along side the usual saloon happenings, Roland finds himself in a very awkward situation.

Roland, what are you thinking?

The second time snaps Roland out of his daze and he looks to Ny-Lee.

It is nothing darling.

As much as Roland wants to avoid the subject of his thoughts, Ny-Lee wasn't going to let him off easy.

Love, I know that look.

Roland gives a wry smile while still avoiding eye contact.

What look?

Ny-Lee rolls her eyes and grabs Roland face and turns it to where they're eye to eye and only a few inches away from each other. Roland wasn't sweating bullets, but in is mind he felt like it. The longer Roland looked into Ny-Lee eyes, the stronger the thoughts got.

Oh heavens what do I do?! I know I promised myself I would wait until marriage, but... but.. but... but..

Ny-Lee began to notice Roland started to have a mental breakdown and slowly she started putting the pieces together.

Why is Roland acting so strange? I know we haven't spent too much time alone together, but we have it now... alone time... upstairs... where no one else is allowed up except Yiski or people Yiski allows... and nobody could hear us.... oh... OH!

Her revelation of the situation also sent her into a state of heavy blush. The two sat there for a few more moments. Then the two just leaned in and kissed. The two thought the kiss felt the same, but different. Eventually, it turned into a make-out session. Ny-Lee leaned into Roland causing him to fall back onto the bed.

Things quickly escalated when Ny-Lee was removing her and Roland's clothes and Roland paused and held Ny-Lee still for a moment.

What's wrong love? Is this bothering you?

Heaven's no, of course not, it just.... are we sure about this?

Ny-Lee, still partially dressed, leaned down and hugged Roland tightly.

I believe we are. You?

Roland thought for a minute and said...

Yes.

As the overseer of things, I can suffice it to say the young couple spent the most "intimate" night of their lives thus far and would be highly improper for me to go into any "details."

Somewhere in the Docks, BdrLine felt a sudden chill down his back. Tomorrow was going to be amusing, if not hilarious.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 62--
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 07:26:52 am
-Docks-
*Connor wakes up with a bad hangover and catches the shipwright in charge of repairing his ship*

So..how long till shes ready to sail again?

*the shipwright puts his thumb and index finger on his nose and closed his eyes for a second, Connor could tell it wasn't good*
well??

well what? *he asked sharply* im actually surprised you made it back, the armors almost completely stripped, your engines and leaking oil like It's nobodys buisness, you balloon is barley even standing

just tell me how long it will take *Connor said sharply, cutting off the shipwright*

a while, maybe a month at worst, a couple weeks at best

*Connor sat on the ground with his palms on his head*

well, might as well get a drink

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 09, 2013, 10:14:45 am
-Start of day 63-

-Narrator-

The morning sunlight hit Zill's face and woke him up. He slowly examined the room. Last night was fuzzy at best, and he struggled to remember what happened. He turned and saw Jun'ko next to him. Clothes were tossed across the room, and he finally remembered. A big grin appeared on his face.
Oh yea. Hell of a welcome home id say.

His mask was nowhere to be found. The best he could find was a dusty bandana and a pair of goggles. He wrapped the majority of his face with it and placed the goggles over his eyes. He found some pants and a shirt, and quietly slipped downstairs for a morning drink.
Poor girl must be worn out. I always manage to wake her up.

He smirked and saw that no one else was yet awake. He slipped in the back of the counter and got a mug of Clear Skies. He leaned on the counter and took a swig. Then, footsteps could be heard on the stairs and Roland emerged. He was startled by Zill.
Oh. Did...didnt realize anyone else was up.

Zill only stared at Roland's forehead. Judging by his image, Zill could tell he wasnt the only one who had a good night last night. He smirked and took another swig of his brew before speaking.
So how was it?

Wh..What?

Don't play dumb. Its written all over your face. *Laughs*

Roland goes to a nearby mirror and see's the ruby lipstick mark on his forehead. He turns just as red and washes it off quickly.
Uh...uh....it was...nice.

Must of been to render you speechless.

I guess it just felt right y'know?

Oh i know exactly what you mean.

Try to keep it between us? I dont want people thinking we are, improper or anything.

Improper? Look around you Roland. You are a priest compared to the people passing through here.

I suppose.

You really love her dont you?

Very much so.

You have a long life ahead of you. I dont think i need to tell you to cherish what you have. People would kill for it.

Coming from you, thats definitely motivating.

Maybe. Now get upstairs and enjoy the morning, jackrabbit.

Roland turns red again and nods, grinning wide. Zill shook his head and took another swig of his ale. Upon finishing, Yiski came down and looked at him.

By the Skies youre up early. What on earth is on your face?

Couldnt find my mask. I fear only Jun knows where it went.

Broke in the room already? Jeeze, couldnt resist could yea?

We werent the only ones.

Yiski's face was puzzled. Zill just went for more Clear Skies. It wouldn't take him long to figure it out.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 09, 2013, 10:59:34 am
*Yiski glared at Zill*

Dammit, I hope you plan on properly cleanin' the room.

*Yiski took a moment and looked at Roland.*

Huh... BdrLine's gonna probably goin' to kill you now.

Wha.. Why?

Well, I did say the two you wouldn't do anything and look how it turned out. *sigh* Oh well, being right two of three times isn't all that bad.

*Roland sat with a blush, his arms on the counter, and buried his face into his arms. Yiski and Zill chuckled. Yiski putting his hand on Roland's shoulder.*

No worries, you don't have to worry about us saying anything. I'd say worry about your finance. But enough about worries, I need you two to try something.

*Zill grimaces at Yiski last sentence.*

It doesn't have anything to do with last night's sake does it?

*Yiski laughs*

Sharp as ever. Yeah, yesterday I mixed some Lochnagar Powder Extract and Powdered Dragon Pepper into a Hellfire and sake. Given Jun's reaction to it yesterday, I made a new batch of the sake properly named a "Sake Bomb".

*Yiski then makes the three of them a shot of the Sake Bomb.*

This won't explode will it?

Not that I know of. I figured Jun fallin' over would be the 'bombin'' aspect.

You know I am not good with alcohol.

It's only a shot and not a mug.

*Zill and Roland looked at each other then at Yiski. Roland and Zill gave a sigh and the three raised their shots, clinked their glasses and downed their drinks.*

*Yiski stumbles a bit behind the counter and Roland and Zill held onto the counter to prevent falling out of their seats.*

Well, that was interesting.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 11:06:59 am
*A loud snort is heard nearby a table*
*Upon inspection, Honeybadger is sleeping on a table using his suitcase as a pillow*
*He quickly shoots up, and wobles as he turns around*

*Snort* Yiski, what time is it? *yawn*

*He scratches his face, still out of it*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 09, 2013, 11:25:56 am
*Zill shook his head to clear his head of that shot.*
Man alive Yiski. Its like i loaded Heavy clip into my body. Keep it a shot else they wont be getting back up.

Agreed. Want another?

You had to ask?

Not me....

Nonsense. You have a reason to celebrate.

And your tolerance needs some work too...

*Roland gave them both deadpan stares. Yiski got another round for them, and with a quick salute, they took their shots. Yiski fell over on a stool, Roland leaned on the counter again, and Zill fell back into the tankard area. He crashed into some empty barrels, and then reappeared a few moments later.*
Wow. Thats impressive.

No kidding. Thank Jun'ko for making me think it up.

I need......water.

*Zill notices Honeybadger and checks his pocketwatch.*
Time to open soon actually.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 11:31:55 am
*Double Checks the time on his watch*

Well, I got time.

*Unclicks the locks on his case and pulls out a deck of cards. He proceeds to bow it and shoot the deck into his other hand*
*Looks over to the stumbling bunch at the bar*

So what on earth are you drinking?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 09, 2013, 12:00:24 pm
*Yiski smiles at Honeybadger then turns back to bar, staggering a bit.*

New creation of mine: the Sake Bomb Shot.

*Yiski get back to the counter and makes a glass of water for Roland and a Sake Bomb for Honeybadger.*

Care to try one? Oh and word of warning, you might want to sit down before drinking it.

*Meanwhile upstairs, Jun'ko and Ny-Lee finally wake up and seeing their respective partners are missing. The two get dressed and exit their rooms simultaneously. The two stop and look at each other. Women's intuition tells them everything.*

Fun night I take it?

I was something else, but wonderful.

*The two girls smile and giggle before heading downstairs.*

Morning ladies. Both of you look like you could freshen up. I took a look at some of the floor plan and noticed there's a shower up top and one in the back room here.

Hmm... I'll take the top shower.

Then I guess I'll head to the back.

*As Ny-Lee walked by Roland, the two looked at each other and blushed. Yiski and Zill couldn't help but laugh with Honeybadger looking on a bit confused.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 09, 2013, 12:11:43 pm
*BdrLine wakes up in his house, but this mourning, he can't shake this feeling that has been bothering him since last night*
What is it that keeps biting my side?

*He gets changed and exits his room, he goes over to his sisters room and knocks on the door*
Ny, time to get up

*No response,confused BdrLine turns the knob and opens the door*
*Inside he doesn't see his sister. BdrLine gets a little worried and figures that the feeling had todo with Ny-Lee*

*He quickly heads downstairs and out the door towards the Saloon thinking that they guys can help him*

*As she heads to the back shower, memories of last night came to her*
Last night, last night was so... so... wonderful. *she thought dreamily

*A few moments went by as she is in the shower, once finished, Ny changes back into her clothes and go back to the saloon.*
*She stops herself short from the door as she hears the worried voice of her brother*
Oh Flak

*BdrLine enters the Saloon in a bit of a hurry and notices the four inside*
*He goes over to Yiski and the others*
*A little out of breath*
Guys I... need.... your help.... my sister didn't... come home... last night.... Need help... to... find... her.....

*BdrLine is tired that he is oblivious to the look Roland has upon his face*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 09, 2013, 12:20:43 pm
*Zill looks at BdrLine and just smirks.*
Calm down buddy. She's in the back taking a shower. I swear you worry more than Jun'ko does.

*Bdr at this point is gasping for air, so they make him sit down a few moments. Roland's face is of pure nervousness. A quick inspection showed that Bdr didnt have any weapons on him. Zill pat him on the back and whispered in his ear.*
Go to the back and let Ny know her brother is here. Gotta make it look casual y'know?

*Roland simply nodded and went to the back. Zill got some more Clear Skies and took a swig. He spit it back out and turned to Yiski.*
The Hell?? This is aweful. Yiski you better check those new tanks, unless you have some kind of sick sense of humor.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 09, 2013, 12:26:16 pm
*Yiski sighs*

Calm down. Ny stayed the night here as did Zill and Jun. Ny's in the back right now taking a shower.

*Yiski turns and sees Ny-Lee coming out from the back.*

See BdrLine, *As Yiski points to Ny-Lee* everything's fine. How sit and try my new Sake Bomb Shot.

*Roland sees Ny-Lee and motions to Yiski*

I think I'll go and take a shower too.

Good idea.

*Roland quickly dashes into the back, though a bit wobbly and not before kissing Ny-Lee on the cheek.*

*After Zill's last comment, Yiski head into the back and checked the tanks.*

Hmm... this is odd. Ah I see what the problem is: improper installation of the tap pipes. Flak. Well, gotta switch this out.

*Minutes pass as Yiski replaces the ruined Clear Skies for a clean one and properly set the tap pipes. Yiski comes out from the back and pours a new Clear Skies.*

Looks like the foreman's men messed up with one of the tap pipes and ruined a barrel of Clear Skies. This one should be much better.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 12:29:03 pm
*Honeybadger, not paying attention, shufling his deck, spots Bdr and quickly downs his shot*
*waves at him and smiles*

Goodmorning BdrLin-

*He goes completely deadpan and pale as his head slams on the table*

Uuuhhhhhh... I think I'll just have a water...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 12:38:53 pm
(OOC:sorry for posting before time began, thus opening a wormhole to another universe and ruiningthe thread)

*Connor walks in to the saloon from the docks and sits at the bar*

Ugggghhhhhh

*he groans out loud and puts his hands over his face*

looks like I'm stuck here for a while
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 12:43:54 pm
*Still groggy from just waking up and the Sake Bomb exploding in his system, Honeybadger sat up and picked up his deck that he dropped when he fell on the table, and proceeded to deal a solitaire match and hand*

*mumbling* Red... No I need a 4 there... Flak... maybe, no...

*He slowly puts together the stacks trying to wake up*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 09, 2013, 01:35:43 pm
*Jun'ko comes down after her shower. She is wearing Zill's mask around her neck, and walks over to him.*
I think i like that bandana look on you. Much easier to do this as well...

*She lifts the bandana and gives him a long kiss. Zill thinks for a moment.*
I could get used to this given the bonuses.

I bet you could. *Sticks her tongue out.*

*Zill takes a swig of his new Clear Skies and approves. Jun'ko sits next to him and see's the empty shot glasses. Her curiosity overcomes her.*
Another new drink?

Yea, I think Yiski called it the Sake Bomb shot.

Ohhhh I must try it!

Just dont light me on fire again and ill get you one.

*She chuckles and nods, and Zill gets her a shot. She toasts the lot of them and drinks it. Her body went completely limp, and if Zill hadnt caught her, she would of smacked into a table. She was out cold.*
...Uh....Yiski.....

Oh no....

*15 seconds go by and she snaps back. She finds herself in Zill's arms and looks confused.*
Did I just, black-out???

Sure did. Even had me scared for a minute...

In that case ill need another. *Chuckles.*

Nice try love.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 09, 2013, 01:46:40 pm
*After see his sister, BdrLine calms down*

*He turns to Honeybadger, about to grumble about taking his shot but notices how hard he fell on the counter and thinks other wise*
Ahh mornin' to you Badger.

*To Yiski*
If that happens if people take that shot, no thanks. I think i'll stop drinking your experimental drinks for awhile. I just have a normal Hellfire.

*To his sister*
So Ny why didn't you tell me that you were here spending the night? I was worried when you weren't home.

*Ny thinking of a way not to tell her brother that the reason see wasn't home was because she was in bed with Roland*
*Soon she thought of a believable excuse*
Well you do remember that Roland's leg is injured, so Yiski asked me to take care of his injuries and that i have to watch him for the night so that he doesn't do anything drastic. Isn't that right Yiski?

*She turns to him to help her with the lie*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 09, 2013, 02:34:55 pm
*Yiski makes another Sake Bomb Shot for Jun'ko.*

Jun you might wanna sit at the bar before taking another shot.

*Yiski hands BdrLine his Hellfire and hears Ny-Lee little lie.*

Yeah, Ny-Lee was helping Roland recover still, especially after he strained himself running between here and Oliver's place.

*Yiski then sees Honeybadger in his condition.*

Hell, someone get Honeybadger to the couch.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 02:59:28 pm
*Connor perks his head up*

Yiski right? I'll take a shot, make it two

*He rolls up another cigarette and sparks it up*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 09, 2013, 03:01:43 pm
*BdrLine takes the drink from Yiski*
Well if you say so. I just can't shake this feeling that something else happened

*Takes a sip of the Hellfire*
Oh boy, do I miss this drink. *turns and see Connor* Man you look like you got rammed by a Galleon with moonshine. Troubles got you down?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 03:07:53 pm
*Connor forces a small smile and chuckle*

you dont even know the half of it

*He takes a long drag from his cigarette*

Lost two guys, they were like family, and now I'm stuck in Anvala for god knows how long, goddamn shipwrights, they said it'll be two weeks before my ship is good to go

*he takes another drag and puts out his hand*

sorry where are my manners, my name is Connor
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 09, 2013, 03:23:51 pm
*Jun'ko sits at the bar and takes Yiski's provided shot. Again she blacked out, but Zill held her up till she came back.*
This cant be good for my health.

After what we just went through in Yesha, this is life everlasting.

*Chuckles.* Good point. After last night, I take it your torso is healing well?

Im pretty sure the ale helped me along, but yes, its healing. Im still slow but at least im mobile.

*Zill gets lost in thought about the Council meeting again. Yiski deserved to know his bit. The Northern recon was still best saved for later.*
Hey Yiski. The Council told me to personally give their regards to you and Papa. I can see why to Papa with his trading company, but to you was odd. What do you think of it?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 09, 2013, 03:33:52 pm
*Yiski hands Connor two Sake Bomb Shots.*

Take a seat, you're going to need it for this.

*Roland comes back out from the back. He still has a slight sway in his walking.*

Ah, that shower was really refreshing.

*Roland then turns to Yiski.*

Do you need any help today?

Naw, I imagine it'll take a while before the regulars start comin' back.

*Roland nods then turns to Ny-Lee*

Darling, should we get started on my training?

*For obvious reasons, Ny-Lee blushed when Roland said "training".*

What! Oh... yes, I guess we should start off with a light jog outside.

*The two left, leaving Yiski, Zill, and Jun'ko chuckling to themselves and BdrLine just tilting his head in confusion.*

*Zill then told Yiski about the meeting.*

Regards to me, huh? I can't say why they would, not that I care.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 03:37:46 pm
*Connor downs the first one and a couple seconds pass by before its effects are apparent*

WHEW

*He closes his eyes and sits there to enjoy the momentary buzz*

That's what I'm talkin' bout

*He starts the second one, only getting half through before almost choking, he manages to finish the rest*

That really takes the edge off

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 03:53:15 pm
*Honeybadger now finished with his solitaire game, picked up all four piles and opened up his suitcase*
*He dug through it until he came across a Colt Revolver that he had refirbished and checked the ammo count away from everyones view, he then holstered it in his inner coat pocket*

*Sigh* Does anyone have a moment to run an errand with me? I hate to impose but it could be a two man job, if no one is busy.

*He said while looking at the sake bomb glass spitefully*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 03:54:41 pm
*Connor looks over at him and raises a finger above his head*

What kind of errand you runnin'?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 03:59:31 pm
*He moves his head around, thinking of what he is going to say*

Well, I have a poker match and I need a second. So I can win.

*He said while putting his hand on his face half asleep*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 04:05:28 pm
*Connor looks at him warily*

A second so you can win?

*He leans his chair on two legs and lounges back*

Is this legal?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 09, 2013, 04:19:24 pm
*To Connor*
Oh yeah I remember you, Had to move your body to the couch yesterday since you were out cold. But hope your luck changes *takes another sip*

*Ny-Lee is outside taking a light jog with Roland*
*Before they start , she turns to him*
Ok just a light jog. But tell me if something is hurting you.

*Back at the Saloon*

*BdrLine to Badger and Connor*
Legal?!? Ha if you guys were to come along with the things we do this would seem pretty mild
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 04:28:08 pm
*Connor gives a sarcastic salute to Bdrline*

Out cold eh? I only remember being at the bar and then waking up this morning on my ship

*he laughs*

The only reason I ask if it's legal or not is cause I don't wanna piss off the shipwright, who, being employed by the government and not privately might I add, could impound, or have my ship destroyed.

*He takes another drag and blows out a large ring of smoke*

Why? What have y'all been gettin' into lately?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 09, 2013, 04:33:32 pm
*Zill removes the latter part of the meeting from his mind. Useless Council banter no doubt. He takes a drink of Clear Skies and looks around the Saloon. He was not looking forward to leaving her behind again so soon for the North. The First Raid was a logistical nightmare. A lot of good me died in that. He cringed at the thought of another. Jun'ko saw it.*
You seem to be thinking about something. And judging from that face, its not great.
 
Something in the meeting last night, but dont worry about it.

Well if i cant worry about it, you cant either. At least not now. *Sticks tongue out.*

Deal. Another round of shots there Yiski.

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: BdrLineAzn on April 09, 2013, 04:46:25 pm
*BdrLine ponders for a minute wether or not tell Connor about all the happenings around the Saloon and the quests, but decides against it*
Well if you are sticking around here for a while, you'll see what happens at this place

*Back to Roland and Ny-Lee on their jog, Ny turns to him*
Your leg getting you any trouble?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 04:52:55 pm
*Connor shrugs*

Well something must have happened, everybody in here is either exhausted or injured..then again it's not much different from any other taverns, pubs, saloons, whatever, I've been to. *he pauses for a moment*
Looks like I'll find out the kind of stuff that happens here anyway, considering how long these damn repairs will be

*Connor looks over at Zill and thinks to himself*

I wonder why he's covering his face with that mask..

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 09, 2013, 05:03:29 pm
-Western District--

*The couple had been jogging for almost an hour and Roland begins to lag behind Ny-Lee. Roland stops and leans back to catch his breath.*

My leg is feeling alright. You think we can... take a moment's break?

*Roland walks over to a bench and lands hard into it. He leans back with his arms splayed across the backrest.*


--Saloon--

*Yiski makes Zill and Jun'ko another round of SBS*

You two better slow down on these. Not sure on the prolonged effects.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 09, 2013, 05:11:28 pm
*The doors to the saloon and Skyraider walks in with the same scroll under his arm, he sets it down on a near by table and greets everyone*

"Good morrow everyone! Now. Who was the young lad who wanted to help me with this project? Because I certainly can't be bothered to get the engine myself."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 06:29:28 pm
*looks at Connor and ponders his question*

Hmm, It isn't really legal in the first place but I guarente that you won't end up in any sort of prison.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 09, 2013, 06:36:42 pm
*Zill and Jun'ko cross arms and take their shots. He hugs her to keep her upright, and to stop him from falling out his chair. He shakes off the effects, but Jun'ko isnt waking up this time.*
This....is taking awhile Yiski......

I told you to slow down....

*They both watch her, waiting for her to wake up. After 2 minutes, Zill's done waiting.*
Flak. Give me some Clear Skies. That should make her come back.

*Yiski gets her double shot of Clear Skies. Zill holds her mouth open and he pours it down. A few moments later she starts groaning, waking up slowly.*
Wha....who....

Well great. We broke her.

"We?" You two wanted to go all crazy.

It was three shots Yiski...

Get her upstairs. Ill get her some Clear Skies.

*Zill picked her up and went for the stairs. He saw one of the newcomers staring at him. After a short moment, he went upstairs to put Jun'ko to bed. Yiski followed with the Clear Skies.*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 06:41:12 pm
*Connor looks at Skyraider slightly annoyed by his cheery demeanor*

leg feeling better?

*Connor looks back at honeybadger*

When would we do this.."errand"?

*Connor notices Zill staring back and he slowly breaks eye contact*

light weight
*he says under his breath*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 09, 2013, 06:45:34 pm
*See's the event with Jun and Zill, Skyraider turns towards Yiski and replies*

"Give me one of those drinks, I can run a test on it to make sure it doesn't contain some kind of poison or toxin. I don't think even YOU know what is in those things."

*Turns toward Connor*

"And I don't have time to feel pain or misery, so I guess the answer to that question is yes."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 06:53:19 pm
*Looks toward Yiski with a smile*

You really have to introduce me to the others, it might be weird having them pass out around me.

*looks back to Connor*

If I don't have to teach you to play cards, we could leave now.

*pulls a couple items out of his case and puts him in his coat pockets*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 06:57:46 pm
*Connor throws his arms back behind his head*

well shit, but in all seriousness if you need my help or my crews help we can, being on lay up for weeks on end leads to extreme boredom

*he closes his eyes and continues smoking in his lounge position and speaks to Honeybadger*

just wait a second Honeybadger, no rush right?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 07:02:37 pm
*Checks his pocket watch anxiously*

I suppose we have a little bit of time, why do you ask?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 07:04:23 pm
Because i can get one of my crew to go instead

*Connor sits back up*

is that ok?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 09, 2013, 07:12:03 pm
*Yiski comes back downstairs and lightly punches Skyraider on his shoulder.*

Poison my harpooned ass. You should know better than to say such thing. You'll break an ol' man's heart.

*Yiski listens in on Honeybadger and Connor's scheme.*

It may not be technically illegal, but it sure as hell going to piss some people off.


--Garden District--

*Roland and Ny-Lee managed to jog for another half-hour before Roland had to stop. The two were covered in a decent sweat.*

Ha... I think I am done for today darling. *Heavy breath* I am exhausted and my ankle is acting up now.

*Roland went to sit on a nearby fountain and Ny-Lee sat next to him, giving a kiss.*

I think we can call it day. I'm surprised your ankle managed to last this long.

You and me both darling.

*There's a pause between the two as they catch their breaths.*

So, did you tell BdrLine about last night?

*Ny-Lee was flushed, but their light jog already had Ny-Lee a little red. She nudged Roland.*

Why would I tell him that?

You know how I feel about keeping secrets from people.

Well, I just told him I was helping you last night. Technically, it's not a secret or a lie.

*Roland sighed and lightly tapped Ny-Lee on her forehead.*

What am I going to do with you?

*Ny-Lee smiled and stuck out her tongue at him.*

At this point, anything you want.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 07:14:57 pm
*to Yiski*
scheme? It's just poker right?

*he looks at Honeybadger*

I'm not willing to lose another man
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 07:17:30 pm
*Smirks at Connor*

Are they a better card player than you?

*Latches up his case*

In that case. I don't have any objection to this.

*Turns to Yiski while adjusting his hat*

Do you happen to have a drink that won't lower my IQ?

*turns back to Connor*

It will be safe I promise. But it sure as hell is going to piss people off when I walk away much richer.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 09, 2013, 07:20:33 pm
*To Yiski*

"Just be careful about what you put into those drinks, some things do not cope with alcohol very well. Don't want you to be responsible for murder or anything."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 07:26:17 pm
*continues to think about the safety*

And if anyone gets shot. It sure as hell won't be me or your man.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 07:27:03 pm
*Connor stands up*

I'll grab my first mate Jibb

*Connor heads out the saloon and to the docks he walks quickly and gets there in under five minutes*

-Aboard the Victory II-

Jibb!

*out from under the deck an average sized, chubby man with oily black hair comes out*
aye captain?

I need you for a poker game, don't argue with me either we both know youre better than me

um, ok Connor, anything I should know about the game?

Here let's go, also you'll probably need this

*Connor hands Jibb a small revolver and the two head back to the saloon*

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 07:29:51 pm
*he sees the two men walking into the saloon*

Ahh, this must be the card shark.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 07:35:58 pm
*Jibb looks un easy and a bit confused*

Connor what did you tell this man?

*Connor pats Jibb on the back*

Nothing Jibby, just that you're good at poker, this is Honeybadger

*Jibb fakes a smile and waves at Honeybadger, he pulls connor off to the side and starts whisper screaming to him*

what the hell were you thinking? HONEYBADGER? WHAT THE HELL KIND OF NAME IS HONEYBADGER? HE COULD BE A DRIFTER LOOKING TO CUT OUT MY DAMN HE-

*He stops when he notices the whole bar staring*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 07:41:01 pm
*he lets out an akward laugh*

Its a nickname Mr. Jibb.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 07:43:33 pm
*Connor smiles and pats Jibb on the back*

See Mr.Jibb? A nickname

*he pushed Jibb forward as Jibb lets out an awkward smile*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 07:47:32 pm
*extents his hand while keeping his other hand on his back*

Nice to meet you Mr. Jibb. I promise, any concerns you may have about me can be cleared up on the way. Should you decide to come. And I promise you will come back MUCH richer.

And hopefully not dead.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on April 09, 2013, 07:51:55 pm
Papa Paradox was sitting in his chair, feet pushing against the table tilting his chair, asleep. There was the sound of wood cracking, and the two leg's he had been resting on all night collapsed under him. He fell out of his chair and within seconds got up and uppercut the table in some sort of sleep induced defensive panic.

"Wha' the... flakin' Yeshans" He trailed off.

He stood up and was blinded by the sunlight that leaked into the room, he put on small black circular glasses, pulled out a cigar and lit it. He then proceeded to head to the bar table, hangover and raspy voice in full effect.

"Water, boyo..."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 07:56:25 pm
*he quickly looks over to the groggy man and laughed slightly*

Good morning Sir.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 08:04:08 pm
Morning

*Connor says half jokingly*

Are we ready to go?

*asks Jibb*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: RearAdmiralZill on April 09, 2013, 08:10:15 pm
*Zill tucks Jun into bed. She looks pretty rough though the Clear Skies had helped.*
Wha...happened?

You took another shot and didnt wake up. Just rest. Youll be better in a bit.

*And just like that, she was out like a light. Zill watched her sleep for a second before kissing her forehead. He headed downstairs and didnt quite feel right. His heart was facing, and his eyes burned. He went over to Yiski.*
You need to recheck that guy's work. I all of a sudden feel like hell myself, and those shots arent stronger than WSW. Maybe thats what put Jun out too.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 09, 2013, 08:12:01 pm
*Yiski looks to Paradox*

Here's your water.

*Yiski notices Paradox eyeing Honeybadger*

Yes, I know he's Yeshan and no, don't cause any trouble for him.

*Yiski then sees Zill come back down and hears the comment again about the other tap pipes.*

Dammit. I'll go take a look. Take over for a bit.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 08:16:07 pm
*packs up everything in his case he had on the table*

We're all ready. I'll explain everything on the way.

*opens the door halfway before looking back to Jibb*

Ready?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 08:18:06 pm
*Jibb held his breath*

well, there's no time like the present

*Connor over hears the yeshan comment*

Well, why would it matter if he were Yeshan?

OOC:my phone is going to die, so if i dont respond thats why
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 09, 2013, 08:28:57 pm
*Overhears Zill's comment and replies*

"Hmmm... The pipes could have had a virus or something in it, wouldn't exactly be rare nowadays." 
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 08:35:13 pm
that doesn't make sense, I feel fine

*connor says before looking back at Yiski*

now why is being Yeshan such a controversy?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 09:27:58 pm
*Knowing he probably won't get an answer Connor refrains*

I guess we will never know, Yiski I'll take a mug of ale *as he thinks to him self, he worries about Jibb* God I hope Jibb doesn't get hurt, last thing I need is to lose my first mate

Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 09:38:46 pm
-- Uptown Alleyway --

*Jibbs and Honeybadger are walking down the alleyway, there are several drunks and rats on either side of the street. Honeybadger turns to Jibbs who is weary of where he is going*

Alright Jibbs, this is how it's going to work. There's a poker tournament somewhere around here, I have our admission taken care of, all you have to do is assist me.

*Jibbs shoots a concerned look at Honeybadger*

What do you mean by "assist."

*Honeybadger looks at him and sighs*

Well, when I play, your going to feed me signs and tell me if they're bluffing or not. And when you play... Well, lets hope you don't get out too soon.

*Jibbs looks angrily at Honeybadger*

Wait! Why aren't you putting your neck on the line?!

*Honeybadger frows both brows at him and replies*

I don't suppose your a master at sleight of hand are you?

*Jibbs nods no, confused*

If you play fair and keep a basic card count, you'll get to the semi finals and then lose to me.

Why do I have to lose to you?

Because I'm not really here to make money, not from the game at least. You just stick to the plan, and you'll get your reward.

Wait, but what if we get caught!?

*Honeybadger approaches an unmarked doorway*

We're here.

*Jibb let's out a long sigh and follows Honeybadger inside*
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Yiski on April 09, 2013, 09:40:49 pm
-Saloon-

Zill are you not taking order? Flak, give me a minute.

*Yiski comes out from the back, makes and hands Connor a Anvalan Reserve. Yiski then disappears to the back again.*

*Yiski and Skyraider check the tap pipes.*

Well, I don't see anything wrong with the pipes. Something like a good superheating should fix any little bugger tryin' to live in my saloon.

*Yiski then modifies his distilling equipment to have the tap pipes sit over the burner. Yiski looks over to Skyraider.*

I guess on the safe side, would you mind checkin' all the other barrels?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 09:44:59 pm
*As Connor leans back in his chair he wonders, and hopes that all is going well*

I hope he doesn't have to use that gun, I don't even know if it works, lord knows it's never even been shot..come to think of it..is it loaded? Did I just send my first mate into a situation where he could get shot and killed, without any means to defend himself, while I just lounge around this Saloon....

*He pauses his thought for a moment to focus on rolling another cigarette*

Well yes, I did..well, tough shit Jibb, you do owe me..

*Connor yells to the back of the bar*

Bout time!

*As he lights up another cigarette he sits there sipping his ale, trying to get as relaxed as possible*

Always look on the positive side of things Connor...
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Skyraider on April 09, 2013, 09:53:57 pm
*Skyraider replies to Yiski*

"Want me to heat the barrels or something else? I don't have time to look at all of the individual molecules in the barrels."
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Papa Paradox on April 09, 2013, 09:56:12 pm
Papa walks up to Connor and slaps his cigarette out of his mouth.

"Gods damn it boy, have some class."

Papa offers him a cigar.

"Now 'bout them Yeshans, they killed my friend, so I raided their towns and threatened their Emperor, pompous old bat... But that's all in the past, now I'm a legitimate businessman."

He manages to grunt out a partial laugh.
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Connor Mc. on April 09, 2013, 10:02:02 pm
(OOC:I knew you would do that lmfao)

*Connor opens his eyes and almost falls out of his chair from being startled*

Well, I guess that's that then

*He gives a small laugh and lights up the cigar*

Hm, sounds like you and I are in the same boat, Pirates killed couple of my friends, only thing is, I can't go after them until my damn ship is fixed, which won't be for a while, I'll probably never get a chance to get my revenge

*Connor leans back into his relaxed position*

Ahh, but that's life eh? Win some, lose some. What kinda business you in?
Title: Re: Burning Skies Saloon
Post by: Honeybadger on April 09, 2013, 10:12:03 pm
-- Somewhere In Analva --

*Honeybadger and Jibb walk into the poker den*

Oh god I'm going to get shot and killed, dammit Connor. What did you get me int-

*Jibb stops dead in his tracks as he sees the lustriously designed room, complete with premium poker tables, waiters with suits, and priceless chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.*

Honeybadger, what is this place!?

*Honeybadger looks up from his pocket watch to Jibbs*

Huh? Oh Jibbs would you please pick up your jaw, I think some of the ladies a staring.

LADIES!?

*he quickly looked up and saw eight beautiful girls dressed in lovely dresses and gowns giggling in his direction*
*Before he can say anything a waiter walks in front of him*

Hello sirs, may I help you- *the waiters face lights up* Oh, Mister Honey. And this is your guest. Please come this way we will seat you, just in time sir, the tournament almost began.

*Honeybadger gestures Jibbs to follow him to the dining table where they are seated*
*Once they sit down, one of the eight girls comes toward Honeybadger and grips his arm*

I see you've decided to come back Miseur Honey.

*Honeybadger now has a sly smile