Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1148381 times)

Offline Gabranth

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1605 on: May 24, 2013, 03:53:46 pm »
*looks up from his drink and sees Honeybadger land on the Floor*

Gabranth:
"Ahoi, are you alright ?" *smirks*

"How the Hell did you even get up there ?  I´m Gabranth, by the way."

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1606 on: May 24, 2013, 03:55:17 pm »
Honeybadger looks at Lockheart

Honeybadger
"Thanks, I was up all night running from the local authorities." sure I may have shot them but they closed the restaurant early. The pricks.

Honeybadger looks at his hellfire and then proceeded to down it. He then see's Gabranth

Honeybadger
"I'm fine thank you. I'm Honeybadger, nice to meet you."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: May 24, 2013, 04:12:08 pm »
Turns and sees what the 'thud' was all about and sees Honeybadger as he takes a seat.

"Badger, you never cease to amaze me with your antics, so police trouble, with everything under lock down, what did you do this time."

Offline Gabranth

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: May 24, 2013, 04:25:38 pm »
*yawns , reaches into his vest pocket , takes the pouch out and looks confused at the Coins Lockheart gave him*

Gabranth:
"Uhhm so how much of these ...*points at the coins* do I need to pay for the Hellfire stuff ? "

"At first I didnt liked it but it has something...Well , err just put it on the Tab , I´m gonna search a room at the Docks.."

*stands up*

"Well, good night then, Gentlemen.." *waves , and walks out of the door*

*mumbling* "...alright , would be good to know where the docks are....well I´ll just head this way.."  *walks into the dark*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: May 24, 2013, 04:27:21 pm »
--Western District--

Yiski was close to the saloon, but something was still bothering him. He thought for a moment.

"The jammin' frequency."

Soon Yiski found himself in front of the saloon. He walked in to see it packed and with the usual faces. Lauren sees Yiski and waves furiously at him.

Lauren
"Thank the skies you're back! I need help!"

Yiski places his hands on her shoulders to calm her down and kisses her on the cheek.

Yiski
"Sorry. I gotta check one more thing."

He heads to the back room. After a minute, Yiski comes out and Lauren sees both his sidearm and combat knife equipped. She looks at him with a worrying face.

Lauren
"You know I don't like it when you're leaving armed."

Yiski
"Just a precaution."

Before Lauren is able to say anything, Yiski heads out the door.

Offline Thraxius Meridius

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: May 24, 2013, 04:56:37 pm »
--Outside the Saloon--

Thrax wakes up from a ditch outside the Burning Skies Saloon He slowly recovers from a massive hangover. His eyes burning from the radiance from the daylight.

Thrax
"...This isn't the Bathroom!"

He gets up and looks onto his surroundings. He realizes that he's stood outside the Saloon. He looks up onto the rooftop and sees Lockheart, Gabranth and HoneyBadger.

Thrax
"Flaking hellfire! I haven't been this hungover since my wedding day!"

Thrax looks discouraged at first, but then his thirst for hellfire convinces him otherwise.

Thrax
"Ugh... Well im here... Might as well!"

He bursts in the Saloon

Thrax
"Daddy's HOME! (Smirks)"

He charges at the barkeep and buys a few pints all round. Rushes up onto the rooftop spilling mugs overflowing with hellfire and ale.

Thrax (to Lockheart, Honeybadger and Gabranth at the rooftop while holding various mugs)
"Sorry bout that lads! I was ermmm... pre-occupied with important matters! DO NOT FEAR! THRAX IS HERE!"

He tries and ignores his head throbbing with pain from a massive hangover.
Thrax approaches the lot and hands out the pints of ale/hellfire.

Thrax
"Hope this makes up for my tardiness! Hehe! What'd I miss? Nothing too important I hope! Sorry bout that. My Sobriety has gotten the best of me yet again!"

He sits next to the lot and takes a large swig from his mug

Thrax
"Ah! Nothing like a lovely pint of hellfire to recover from a hangover! Hehe!"

Thrax (to lockheart)
"I believe we were in the middle of a conversation last time we spoke before I passed out.... inevitably of course! HAHA!"

« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 05:04:49 pm by Thraxius Meridius »

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: May 24, 2013, 05:13:47 pm »
*Looks at thrax as he storms into the saloon*

Lockheart
"ahh, heres my man. i want to ask you a few questions..."

*Downs the last of his hellfire*

Lockheart
"How exactly did you get on board my ship?"

*Rests his head on his arm on the bar, while looking at thrax with intrigue.*

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1612 on: May 24, 2013, 06:07:30 pm »
Honeybadger turns to BdrLine

Honeybadger
"Well, there was a restaurant that was open but because of those cock-blocking elite guards I haven't eaten for about 3 days. And I was very upset so I challenged them to a duel, well, not really. I told them to fuck off and they pulled on me. Mistake number one there. So I ditched the pistol and hang out on the roof for the rest of the night."

Honeybadger feels around his pocket and pulls out an elite side arm. He coolly put it down on the table and slid it over without looking at it, as if he was trying to disown it.

Honeybadger
Back to my diet of bar nuts and cheap ale.

Honeybadger grabs his drink as his face went pale.

Honeybadger
I just realized I've only paid for one drink...

Honeybadger squints

Honeybadger
Don't tell Yiski about my... "tab"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: May 24, 2013, 06:50:23 pm »
--Southern District--

The Southern District is best known for housing many military buildings for officers and various sorts of vital equipment, including the radio tower critical to coordinating the air and ground forces when a raid or invasion happens. Had the radio been completely jammed or destroyed when the recent invasion occurred, the Guild might have just succeeded in capturing, or destroying the city.

Yiski approached the main complex. All sides are fenced with 25 feet walls with watchtowers holding riflemen around and within the complex. Coming up to the gate, there are four soldiers: Two riflemen and two heavies. Yiski flashes his badge and the gate guards let him in with no questions asked.

Upon entering, Yiski is promptly met by the complex captain.

Captain
"I didn't think we were due for another inspection."

Yiski
"Well consider this a surprise. I'm here to check the radio tower."

Captain
"Ah.. no doubt you want to see if it's been sabotaged? We've checked it, but everything seems to be running smoothly." *Gets and dead expression from Yiski.* "Er... but checking again can't hurt."

The two walk over to the radio tower's building and enter. Inside there are a number of engineers working and scrambling around. Many of them talking over each other which made it impossible (at least for Yiski) to hear any single conversation.

Captain
"Status?"

Engineer
"If there is a jamming device, it's not on any of the floors of the building. We've gone over everything at least five times."

Yiski
"Hmm..."

Captain
"Something on your mind Commander?"

Yiski
"Take me to the top of the tower."

Both the captain and engineer looked at Yiski with confusion. Yiski gave them both an annoyed expression.

Yiski
"Did I stutter?"

Captain
"No.. um... right this way."

A few minutes and Yiski, the captain, and the engineer are at the top. The top of the radio tower easily stands 150 feet above the ground. Even where they were at, it was still 100 feet in the air. The three come to a router junction situation at their height.

Yiski
"Check it."

A few moments later...

Engineer
"Found something! Hmm... trying to reach it, but nothing. Can one of you give me push so I can?"

Yiski edges around and gives the engineer a push and the engineer manages to grab the device. Before the engineer could pull it out, Yiski heard a *click*. Yiski turned to see the captain with his sidearm in his face. The average person would freak out when a gun was suddenly in their face. Yiski isn't an average person.

Yiski
"Welp, I'm not surprised by this."

Captain
"Didn't think any of you simpletons would think of coming up here. Oh well, I can always say the engineer was a traitor who shot you and then shoot him which wou... AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH...."

*splat*

Yiski had pushed himself right against the captain. On the narrow and cramped tower, the captain easily lost his footing and fell. Yiski would've gone with him had the engineer not grabbed him in time.

Coming back down the tower with the jamming device in hand made radio contact smooth and unobstructed. Yiski also explained to the guards how the captain was a traitor which the engineer backed up.

Yiski let the lieutenant take over the complex as this business was sorted through. All Yiski cared about after coming close to his death (again) was go back to the saloon and drink.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1614 on: May 24, 2013, 07:01:09 pm »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger slowly sips his drink. suddenly he went pale.

Honeybadger
Oh fuck, don't tell me I left it there.

Honeybadger looks around the room

Honeybadger
"Anyone want to help me run a few errands? Then again, does anyone know where Jibbs is?" Maybe not him, this might require some discreetness, especially with those fucking guards and the probable APB they have against me.

He waits for a response.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: May 24, 2013, 07:08:57 pm »
-Zill's Warehouse-

Zill was resting in a chair while Jun'ko took a nap on the bed. He wiggled, feeling the book behind him. He sighed and thought to himself...

This book is going to kill me, or get damn close. Should of left it in Izumi....But then we wouldn't of known the weakness....Bah, I need to stop. I've made my decision and am sticking to it regardless.

He stood up and sat next to Jun'ko. She slowly woke up to his gaze. She smiled and rubbed her eyes.
Jun'ko
"Well hey there admiral. Feeling better?"

Zill
"Not really to be honest. I did want to thank you for what you did though. Knowing nothing, you risked a lot to help me."

Jun'ko
"I love you."

They just stared at each other for a moment before kissing. Zill winced after a few minutes. He got up, despite the pain.
Zill
"Stay low for awhile. I need to check some things. I'll be back, but lock the door."

Jun'ko nodded and went to check out his collection of books. Zill went outside and heard the door lock. He then went over to his galleon to see the damage.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: May 24, 2013, 07:27:08 pm »
--Saloon--

BdrLine takes a look at the pistol and with a small smile shakes his head.

"Do you mind if I can keep this one? These things cost a lot at the stores. But i got some problems of mine that I have to deal with as well, which reminds me."

He turns to Lauren.

"Lauren, you think Yiski can let me stay in one of the spare upper rooms? You see *nervous chuckle* during the battle, my house got destroyed and I need a place to stay."

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1617 on: May 24, 2013, 07:35:16 pm »
Honeybadger turns to BdrLine

Honeybadger
You can have that and another one if you tag along with me, you'll get back in around an hour.

Honeybadger sips his drink as he waits for Bdr to decide.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: May 24, 2013, 09:11:23 pm »
--Saloon--

Lauren
"I don't Yiski will mind if you stay here for awhile BdrLine. Since Ny-Lee and Roland won't be back for another week, we have the extra room. Not sure though if that extends to any dates you bring back."

Lauren chuckles and continues to serve drinks all over the saloon.

Minutes pass before Yiski walks back inside. He is immediately hugged and kissed by Lauren. Some of the patrons started "aww" in an attempt to embarrass the couple, but Yiski quickly glared at everyone. Their mouths completely shut.

Lauren
"Did you take care of whatever you did?"

Yiski
"Eyup. Radios should work fine now. I'll try contactin' folks tomorrow though cause it looks like you need the help."

Lauren
*Kisses Yiski* "Help would be lovely. It is your saloon last I checked."

Yiski gets behind the counter and starts serving patrons with a wide grin.

Yiski
"Damn right it is."

Offline Thraxius Meridius

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: May 24, 2013, 09:36:14 pm »
--Saloon--

Thrax grabs a seat next to Lockheart

Thrax
"..How did I end up aboard the Commodore Beckett? My friend, that is a very interesting question!"

Thrax chugs down a whole pint off hellfire as he prepares to tell him his long and arduous tale.

Thrax
"This is why and how!"

Thrax whips out a flask with his initials on them from his Captain's Flak Jacket.

Thrax
"Within this flask contains a magical and mysterious concoction that can transport anyone and anything through time and space itself!
I obtained it from a very wise and very old hermit from the far reaches of the Aberman Valley."

Thrax draws closer to Lockheart as the story gets deeper.

Thrax
"I came across him at a Tavern called 'The Soggy Blanket' in the far and distant village of Kal'Sharok. This concoction is brewed from three main ingredients: dragon's breath from the old dragons of the wastes, the tear's of The Cambodon Highland Mountain Bears, and a mysterious water-like liquid from the far northern reaches passed far Northen Anglea and far passed Northen Firnfeld. It never freezes in the cold and never warms in the heat."

Thrax changes his tone to a more serious manner.

Thrax
"One sip makes your head weary. Two, makes your senses fleet for a little while. And Three sips transports you to a different time and place."

Thrax  deepens his gaze onto Lockheart with a grave and intense tone.

Thrax
"Four however... makes you sleep forever! No one who knows about this mysterious concoction has ever DARED taking four! A friend of mine once tried taking four sips, and the next thing you know, he wakes up half of his belongings gone, nearly bankrupt and  woke up married, in bed next to his cow of a wife! HAHA!"

Thrax he takes a sip of more hellfire

Thrax
"When I first tried it out, I took two sips just before we went into battle during the First War. I was in the front lines for the 13th Legion of the Northern Fleet of The Fjorn Baronies. Next thing I remember, the war is over and I'm being decorated with medals and awards for deeds I don't even remember doing! On a long holiday during the peace times after the First War, I was on a beach shore of a tropical Island called 'Araca' in Northern Chaladon, and I came across my trusty flask once more. I dared to take three sips, I woke up 20 years later, cast away, accused of treason and exiled in an abandoned stable in the middle of the vastness with a barely salvageable Spire Airship I used to commandeer."

Thrax's tone saddens a little. He looks into the distance as he spoke further.

Thrax
"I promised myself never to drink again after that happened. The next 10 years after that were the worst sober years of my life. In my travels I made friends and worthy allies from people from the Order, the Republic, the League and the Merchantile Guild. They gave me
utmost respect and looked onto me as a fellow brother."

Thrax looked down at his feet and took a deep breath before he continued.

Thrax
"...All was well until...u-u-until I met her."

Lockheart sympathizes and empathizes with Thrax. He offers him the remainder of his pint to stop him from breaking down.

Thrax acknowledges Lockheart's offer and accepts the pint. He downs it immediately and continues talking with hellfire still dripping freshly from his lips.

Thrax
"Her name was...J-J..."

Thrax nearly breaks into tears, but he slowly recovers and keeps his composure. He takes a deep breath and a sigh before saying her name.

Thrax
"...Juliet"

He takes a drink from his Mug.

Thrax
"She was an exotic woman, from a far away land - a land which name I forgot. Her hair was long and dark brown, which draped disheveled on her slender shoulders. Her lips red like the crimson sunset, more exquisite than the reddest Parona wild rose. Her cheeks, ever so soft and tender, her skin softer than silk. Her voice, was like music to my ears, it could sweep any man off their feet. She had the bluest eyes which gaze could entrance and mesmerize any man to his knees. I was under her spell.

Thrax stood up and gazed onto the horizon as he spoke further.

Thrax
"Our families despised each other terribly. But we did not want to be a part of our ancestor's quarrels. We wanted to create our own destiny. We did everything to try and stay together while keeping our love a secret. We were caught eventually. We tried to elope and even pretended to kill ourselves at one point."

Thrax looks back onto Lockheart.

Thrax
"All was going well until she met this 'Prince' called Paris. Next thing I know, I get home form a full day of honest labor, and she ends up in his fancy pancy kingdom and she was his 'all beautiful' queen! La di da."

Thrax mutters various profanities that are too overwhelming and vile for a person to hear.

Thrax
"Flaking fancy rich Noblemen... I was so furious and angry that with the help of my allies, I managed to send a thousand airships to get her back and take her away from Paris' city. We threw everything we had at them, and eventually, we only managed to get into the city gates by being hold up inside a massive wooden rabbit and pretended to give it as an offer of peace. Come midnight, we slaughtered the lot and I eventually came to Juliet."

Thrax sits back on his chair.

Thrax
"When I came to her, she was so joyous and eager to see me! She had looked even more radiant and ravishing than ever. She had a new look to her and everything!"

Thrax takes a large cigar out from his pocket and lights it up with a few matches.

Thrax
"But as luck would have it, that wasn't the only surprise she had for me. Just before my lips touched hers, she spoke to me softly and said - 'There's someone here to see you my dear' - I thought she had invited an 'additional partner' to the bedroom. She turned away slowly and stepped aside, only to reveal the worst thing a man like me could ever dream of. The kind of thing that sends shocks that could kill a man in an instant!"

Lockheart sits closer eagerly.

Lockheart
"What was it Thrax??!"

Thrax
"She turned to me...stepped to her side a-and r-revealed a silhouette of a small figure emerging from the shadows of the room. 'He's your son' - she told me. My heart stopped, my spine felt like it was made of liquid and my knees weakened immensely. I was trying to think of any excuse to get out of there, but the only thing I could think of and mutter was - 'I left the toaster on in my ship' - and then I ran out of there as fast as I could."

Lockheart gave Thrax an odd look.

Thrax
"Our unrequited love was never meant to be I suppose."

Lockheart places his palm on his face.

Thrax takes another swig of hellfire.

Thrax
"So there I was running like a mad man, and I just got on The Titan (my Airship) as fast as I could. I put the engines on full speed and made my way as far from there as possible. I was on the verge of breaking down and going mad, to a point where I even tried to jump off in mid air-flight. Luckily I remembered I still had my flask on me. I just had to get out of there, I couldn't handle the stress. I took the flask and grasped it in my hands.

Thrax's tone gets more serious as his story's tension started to build up.

Thrax
"I took One sip, my head started to get weary. I took a second sip and my senses fleeted a little. I took the third, and... well... I woke up on your ship."

Thrax takes out the flask once more and hands it to Lockheart for him to see.

Lockheart
"Is there a name for this magical and mysterious concoction that could cause such things?"

Thrax
"Well, the very wise and very old hermit called it 'Absinthe'."

Lockheart was in awe.

Thrax
"That, my friend, is the epic tale on how I came about waking up on the Commodore Beckett. and I have a feeling the mad adventures aren't going to stop here! Haha!"

Thrax and Lockheart clink mugs together and chug their drinks down.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 09:53:17 pm by Thraxius Meridius »