Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1346047 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1635 on: May 25, 2013, 04:25:24 pm »
To Gabranth

"Well if it weren't for an interruption from this mourning, *looks at both Yiski and Lauren* , other then that I slept fine."

Then hearing about how Yiski made some calls, he turns to him.

"Speaking of calls, I made some as well, even with the jamming. Don't ask me how I did it, because I don't it was just some luck. But we are getting some ships from Yesha, it's not military, but they are the next best thing. Plus we may or may not get something from the barons besides that I have a man on his way to the guild with a team"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: May 25, 2013, 06:36:42 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski
"Fancy that BdrLine. I've got a friend already there doin' the same thing."

The day rolls on, and a couple patrons enter and exit the saloon. Things are relatively calm right now. A few days after the invasion attempt, the initial panic and shock of it has faded and all the city, both civilian and military, are working hard to get things back to normal.

As for the conspirators behind the invasion attempt, they were going to have their plans thrown into oblivion complete with flair and style.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: May 25, 2013, 06:57:21 pm »
-Garden District-

Zill was walking through the now roughly clean streets of the city. He limped along, the pain of the shrapnel never letting up. Along the way, soldiers and crewmen alike stopped and saluted him. It dawned on him that he was much more of an inspiration than he would ever admit. The thought brought some new energy to his step, despite the pain.

He made his way to, what he remembered to be Oliver's house. He stood in from of the plot in disbelief. The house was completely gone. A pile of rubble replaced the rather quaint house that Oliver kept up. Zill stood there for what felt like hours. One lone tear fell as he knew he was gone, just like that. His head sank, and he cursed everything he could think of. A few people had stopped to witness what they all knew was being felt everywhere in the city. Zill finally knelt down, giving his long devoted prayer in Oliver's honor.

"By the Skies we fly this day. Off into the Sunset to give chase. May the Winds stay at our back. Our Dusty Mistress be appeased. Our Mugs ever full. Onwards ye' Dogs, Into the Fray."

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1638 on: May 25, 2013, 09:03:42 pm »
-Saloon-

Honeybadger, who has been sitting in the saloon for a good couple of hours realized why he was there, he quickly shot up from his seat and started scanning the room to the other patrons confusion.

Honeybadger
*mumbling loudly* "Where is it..."

Honeybadger looks under all the tables and then at the bar, he quickly hopped the bar fast enough for Yiski or Lauren not to catch him and started to scan all the liquor bottles under the bar.

Honeybadger
"Cmon, where is it?"

Honeybadger looks up at Yiski, legitimately frightened

Honeybadger
"What have you done with my booze!?"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: May 25, 2013, 09:48:46 pm »
--Saloon--

Honeybadger's usual unusual behavior was something the patrons began to expect from a day to day basis. However, with his sudden yelling and jumping all over the bar, the patrons began to worry and slowly backed away. A few decided to leave. Yiski had enough with it.

It's one thing to tolerate Honeybadger's behavior, but it's another when his antics start driving away people from the saloon. Yiski wasn't about to let his saloon be labelled negatively by Honeybadger.

As Honeybadger kept scanning behind the counter, Yiski bear hugs him from behind and ducks his head into Honeybadger's back. Lauren then instinctively follows up and hits Honeybadger behind the head with Blood Bolt's stock. Honeybadger's body went limp from being knocked unconscious. Yiski then called for a few patrons to get a doctor from the asylum.

Minutes later, an asylum doctor and few asylum guards arrive. After explaining this, and past incidences, the doctor decides it's best to have Honeybadger stay at the asylum for a few days to assess him.

With the asylum personnel and Honeybadger gone, the saloon continued into the night peacefully, or at least as peaceful as a saloon could get.

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: May 25, 2013, 09:59:01 pm »
--Saloon--

Sky walks in, this time with a small crowd of people with him. They all had one thing in common, a medal that says Flying Panthers 1st Air Squadron. One of them helped Sky bring in a box, and set it down in front of Yiski. Sky speaks.

Sky
"We've got this for the saloon, its a radio, but this one is special. It has a link to a commentator called Qwerty, he's actually quite funny. And we'd thought it'd be safer here since this was the one place not leveled from the attack.

Iris

"And besides, why keep it to ourselves?"

They all agree and then take a seat down at the closest two tables and turn the radio on.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: May 25, 2013, 10:09:52 pm »
--Saloon--

BdrLine watches on as the doctors take away Honeybadger away. He mentally shakes his head and wonders what he was searching for, but was shaken from his thought as Skyraider and party enters.

"Nice medals there fellows, bet it was a turkey shoot that day wasn't it. Qwerty, Qwerty... Yiski wasn't Qwerty a doctor? What you think happen to him?"

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1642 on: May 25, 2013, 10:33:09 pm »
Loud sounds could be heard outside of the saloon of Honeybadger struggling with the doctors. Eventually two loud thumps were heard and Honeybadger came rushing back into the saloon.

Honeybadger
"Hello I'll only be a second."

Honeybadger approaches a wall and brings his ear to it. He then started to knock on the wall

Honeybadger
"It should be around here somewhere..."

Honeybadgers face lights up as he turns his head towards the wall, rests both hands on it, smiles, and punches a hole in the wall. Or at least tried to, by the second punch the wall was down. He reaches in

By this time, everyone at the bar was looking at him but didn't really want to do anything because of the fact that they didn't know what happened to those doctors.

Honeybadger
"THERE IT IS!"

He reached into the wall and pulled out a bottle, it was filled with clear liquid but was still frosty even though it had been in the wall for at least a month or two, upon closer inspection, the bottle was the one that he got back from the poker tournament.

He then began to exit, by the time he got to the door, he paused for a second and turned to Yiski.

Honeybadger
"The authorities will most likely be after me so I'll be sleeping on the roof tonight."

Before Yiski could answer Honeybadger had hit the door-frame and exited.

A voice could be heard in the distance

Honeybadger
"Don't worry about the Doctors! I took their guns!"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: May 25, 2013, 11:43:36 pm »
--NARRATOR--

--Saloon--

Yiski was very tempted to head to the roof of the saloon and shoot Honeybadger off, but Lauren put her hand on his shoulder.

Lauren
"Is it worth it?"

Yiski
"... ... ... Yes."

Before heading out, Yiski loads Blood Bolt with the non-lethal rounds. Once outside, Yiski starts firing at Honeybadger with Lauren standing in the doorway facepalming.

Honeybadger, believing he's under attack by others, starts running across rooftops in the Western District. Satisfied with Honeybadger is no longer on his roof, Yiski heads back inside.

The night goes on and eventually Zill limps into the saloon and reaches the bar counter. Yiski turned and knew immediately Zill was down. Even with his mask, Yiski knew from all his years knowing Zill, he carried a heavy solemn aura.

Yiski
"Rough day?"

Zill
"No Oliver."

Yiski didn't say anything else, not because he didn't what to say, but rather he knew better than to carry such conversations with him. All Yiski did was make himself and Zill two Clear Skies, they clinked their glasses and drank in silence over the clamor of the saloon.

--NARRATOR END--

Lance
"Report in Ghost."

Ghost
"Reporting. Targets have been identified, but are heavily fortified."

Lance
"Keep recon positions until further orders."

--END OF DAY 105--
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:48:51 pm by Yiski »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: May 26, 2013, 10:54:55 am »
--START OF DAY 106--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski took longer than usual getting up. One reason was learning Oliver was one of many who had perished in the invasion. Another reason was he and Lauren were required to show up for a mass ceremony for those who passed. Yiski got out of bed first and quickly got ready. Out of his closet, he pulled out one of his old military formal. He chuckled slightly to himself. Since becoming Commander, he never did bother getting a new set of military outfits bearing the Anvalan symbol or colors.

Lauren was in a worse position having absolutely no military formals. All she had was her standard set of uniforms she wore when heading to the Academy.

When the two were ready, they started walking toward the Northern District. There, the two spotted Zill wearing his military formal, but there was no sign of Jun'ko. Yiski figured she was still hiding out back at the warehouse until a few more days pass by. The three got together, but no words were spoken among them for it would have been disrespectful in their culture. As they walked toward the chapel's field, Yiski found it eerie the entire city had fallen silent. No construction, no airships, nothing.

The ceremony lasted for about two hours. The three witnessed civilian families weeping over the loss of friends, family, and loved ones. Even a few airmen shed a couple of tears. Lauren also gave a few sniffles occasionally. For Yiski and Zill, the two stood quietly showing no signs of water in their eyes, yet were cringing. While the two understood had witnessed and caused the loss of life enough to last for a few lifetimes, it was never easy when it hit home.

Once the ceremony was done, Zill left the two and headed back for his warehouse. Lauren and Yiski headed back to the saloon. Once inside, Yiski made his way to his radio and called Lance.

Yiski
"Crimson to Phantom. Do you copy?"

Lance
"Phantom hears you loud and clear."

Yiski
"What do you got?"

Lance
"We know who's been after you. Goes by the name Van Hart. Sound familiar?"

Yiski
"Nope."

Lance
"How about Commodore Hart of the 35th Fleet? It's the Fleet which you and Zill wiped during the Baronies-Guild Conflict."

Yiski
"I remember. Got himself dishonorably discharged for fleeing like a coward."

Lance
"Yeah, it seems like he's going all out against you and Zill. He used his remaining contacts to reform a moderate mercenary fleet and those things from Izumi."

Yiski
"Any idea where he's at?"

Lance
"Yeah. We have their location, but he's heavily hunkered down. My team probably can't reach him until tonight."

Yiski
"Understood and thanks."

Lance
"Anytime as long as you can pay."

With the transmission over, Yiski's mood perked up. At least something was going for him.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: May 26, 2013, 11:51:45 am »
--anvala docks--

coldcurse yawned as he woke up in his ship.
he looks at the ceiling of his room and reaches for the nearest bottle of moonshine.
coldcurse takes a sip and gets dressed.
coldcurse takes a look at the moonshine storage and finds out hes running low.

captain coldcurse:
"well well, it seems im running dry. I better ressuply before i get sober."

he walks ofhis ship and heads towards the salloon.

Offline Commissar Punk

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: May 26, 2013, 12:29:36 pm »
Slams the doors open, peering around the room through his mask, noticing a seat at the counter he takes it

lifting his hand up high he yells "Give me two hell fires"

lowering his hand he quickly follows up his order with "And a straw........"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: May 26, 2013, 01:01:20 pm »
--Saloon--

BdrLine was in he upstairs room when he hears the door slam open. He looks at the wall clock and thinks to himself.

hmm, must be opening time. Better head down then.

After a few minutes of getting dressed, BdrLine exits the room and goes down the stairwell into the saloon. There he sees a new patron at the bar. He looks around and sees Lauren and not Yiski. BdrLine shrugs it off and figure he is in the back. He then goes to the bar and takes a seat as well.

To the stranger
"Hey there, you new around here?"

Offline Commissar Punk

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: May 26, 2013, 01:07:56 pm »
Commissar Punk:
"I wouldn't say new, keeping outa sight so to speak"

Taking the two drinks he takes out a rubber tube from his mask and places the straw in it, and the other end into one of the drinks.

sucking it all up in one and giving a gulp of satisfaction

Commissar Punk::
"The names Commissar Punk by the way, but just call me punk, and what is your name sir?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: May 26, 2013, 01:57:47 pm »
To Commissar Punk

"Well first name is Azn, but people call me by my nickname BdrLine. Outa sight huh, police or ex problems."

*laughs*