Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1345996 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1575 on: May 23, 2013, 06:01:57 pm »
--Hospital--

Before Honeybadger had a chance to get one foot in the room, the two Elite guards immediately grab Honeybadger and push him back into the hallway.

Elite
"Only authorized officials are allowed to enter. I don't recognize you or see you have the proper authority. Any interference with Council business is considered a felony."

Yiski turns to the door, hearing the commotion outside. He ignores it and turns back to Zill, but notices a black lock box sitting on his dresser. Yiski points to it.

Yiski
"That looks important."

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #1576 on: May 23, 2013, 07:25:06 pm »
He phased in and out of consciousness as he was transported from the Burning Skies to the Dandy Lions Head Quarters.

“He’ll get through it, he’s been through worse...”

“Shou... led... to... death.”

The voices sounded muffled, his ears were ringing from tinnitus, silence caused this. Silence was also the source of his introspection, when he was alone his brain goes into overdrive, analysing every word and action no matter how inconsequential, it helped him optimise his life. Rationalize others death. He was ruthless, according to anyone with a sense of morality.

Jennifer, Papa’s assistant looked to the doctor:

“Will he be alright?”

“It will take awhile for the plating to take, the body likes to reject these things, he has had so many modifications already that it should go faster than normal. He’s lucky it only took a chunk of his torso, it just missed his heart.”

His heart? I doubt he uses it, gods know I’ve tried get to it.
Jen thought in silence, she twiddled he necklace. Her thinking was broken by the doctors continued explanation:

“He is slowly becoming more machine than man, I couldn’t imagine the position he’s in.”

He awoke, choking on the intubation tube that went into his lungs, his large mechanical hand grasped the tube and yarded it out of his throat, with the complete lack of finesse he began coughing up blood and proceeded to puke. The panic alleviated after his coughing fit, he relaxed, he was now lying on his stomach staring at the mixture of bodily fluids on the ground, he ignored it and subsided to rest. A nurse, the doctor, and Jen walked in on the scene, shocked, they looked at him, he seemed to be breathing normally so the nurse simply cleaned the mess and left him to sleep.

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1577 on: May 23, 2013, 07:30:18 pm »
--Hospital--

The two elite gaurds stand in front of Honeybadger

Honeybadger
Please, I need to have a word with Yiski regarding the safety of Zill.

I'm not sure wether I should use the pistol in the flowers now or later, no it could ruin the note.

Elite Gaurd (1)
Nobody steps past this point without clearance.

Elite Gaurd (2)
Beat it Baron.

Honeybadger
There must be something I can use here. Shit, it's wearing off. Alright what can I use here...

Wait a second.

Honeybadger notices the Gaurds loadout and smirks

Honeybadger
"Can you at least give these to them?"

Honeybadger hands the Gaurd the flowers, the gaurd nods reluctantly.

Honeybadger
"Thank you." Once Yiski reads that note I hope he's quick enough. By my understanding the guild have been hiring mercs and I don't trust the non-regulation pistols on them. Plus when this shit goes down the gaurds are usually away.
"I'll be on my way now. Make sure they get those flowers."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1578 on: May 23, 2013, 08:30:48 pm »
-Hospital-

Zill glanced over to see his black box on the table. He immediately glared back at Yiski with a look that could kill another Guild fleet.
"It is.....and you'll do.....well to leave it be..... As for the intel, lets just....say I took a trinket from Izumi."

Realizing he wasn't talking to a council investigator, Zill relaxed his tone a bit.
"Trust me when I.......say that some things......are better left alone. Tell......them I had a contact for all I care."

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1579 on: May 23, 2013, 08:44:28 pm »
-Hospital-

Honeybadger leaning against a wall on the corner of the hallway, out of sight to the guards.

Honeybadger
Dammit Yiski, if I knew you were going to dick me over like that I would have came heavy. No matter, nothing a little planning can't solve.

Now we just wait for the package to get here and I can see if I can pay a visit to the Admiral

Honeybadger bounces his ball with his left hand, checking his watch with his right.

Honeybager
Alright, it should come now. I just hope he'll take the bait

The hospitals radio intercom clicks and then gives a short screech, cheap stuff.

Intercom
Mister um, Yiski? Yes, Mr. Yiski. Please come to the front desk, a package has arrived for you

Honeybadger smirks and peeks out through the hallway

Honeybadger
C'mon, take the bait so I can continue real estate hunting.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1580 on: May 23, 2013, 09:16:38 pm »
--Hospital--

Yiski pinched the bridge of his nose.

"I'm doin' this way too many times."

The door opens and the Elite walks over to Yiski and hands places the flowers on the nightstand.

Elite
"It's from someone named Honeybadger."

When the Elite walked back out, the three heard Honeybadger's voice over the PA. Yiski, Jun'ko, and Zill sighed. Yiski looked at Zill and sighed again.

"Dammit Zill, I can't do that. You, me, the Council, and about all of the city know the Guild is going to attack again."

Yiski gets up and walks over the dresser and picks up the black box. Yiski walks by Zill's bed again to leave, but Zill suddenly grabs Yiski's arm.

Zill
"Flak... Leave.. it.... alone."

Yiski
"Can't."

In Zill's condition, Yiski easily manages to brush off Zill's grip. When Yiski gets to the door, Jun'ko stands.

Jun'ko
"Yiski. You don't have to do this. Please."

Yiski doesn't respond and walks out. He shuts the door and looks at the two Elites.

Yiski
"You're both dismissed."

Elite 1
"Sir, we have orders not to let him leave"

Yiski
"Really, the man can hardly talk and he's still got shrapnel which would prevent him from walking anywhere to far. Even if he did manage to leave, the whole city is on lockdown and all supply vessels are pre-screened mid-air before even reaching the city."

Elite 1
"But..."

Yiski
"Eternal Gauntlet duty."

The two Elites saluted Yiski and left. As Yiski was walking out, he looked down to the box.

"The hell am I goin' to do with you?"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1581 on: May 23, 2013, 09:45:15 pm »
-Hospital-

Zill went to move and pain shot through him. He winced, and Jun'ko pushed him back down.
Jun'ko
"Don't move. I know what I need to do."

Zill
"If you're doing what I....think you're doing...don't get caught."

Jun'ko kissed Zill on the lips before dashing out the door after Yiski. She saw him exiting the hospital through the main entrance. She rushed forward and shoved him to the ground, the box falling in front of him. Without thinking, she picked it up, and ran as fast as she could away from there before he got up. At first it was a random sprint, but then she figured out her hiding place, and took an indirect route there to hide the box, and herself.

Zill sighed, knowing full well what could happen after this. No matter what though, he knew the book couldn't go to the council. He cursed himself for being so naive. He could only hope Yiski would forgive them when he finally knew the truth.

He took a deep breath, and sat up. The pain was immense, but he knew it wasn't going to be safe for him there any longer. He stood up, and limped along to the door, grabbing a crutch to support him. Exiting the room, he was surprised no guards where there, but took it as a blessing, and left out the back medical wing.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1582 on: May 23, 2013, 10:35:21 pm »
-Hospital-

Honeybadger watches as Yiski walks out. He hits his head against the wall

Honeybadger
"Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck."

Honeybadger is cut off as a young patient walks down the hall, he looks up and Honeybadger and Honeybadger looks down at the boy.

Honeybadger
"The fuck are you looking at? Beat it."

He resumed beating his head against the wall

He then stopped

Honeybadger
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him stop a shit storm. Well now I have to deal with the mercenaries chasing after me. I'll check the paper for listings, something discreet.

Honeybadger grumbles as he pushes the kid out of the way.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1583 on: May 23, 2013, 10:53:43 pm »
After talking with Gabranth, BdrLine then walks around taking in the damage. It seems like the Council declared martial law as there are guards and the city's military roaming the streets and giving aid. BdrLine sighs to himself knowing as long the Guild keeps targeting the city, the city is under lockdown.

BdrLine continues walking, until he sees an open restaurant.

Hmm a little silver lining.

He goes through the door and notices the somber mood, a waiter sees he enter and goes over to him.

Waiter
"Seat for one?"

BdrLine
"Yes please, and can you give me a glass of water?"

Waiter
"Of course"

The waiter then leads him to a single table and brings BdrLine his drink. After taking his order, BdrLine listen arounds him as people are still talking about the recent battle, some merry, some depressed, all the same topic. Once his food comes, he drones the conversations out as he eats.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1584 on: May 23, 2013, 11:41:31 pm »
-Streets-

Honeybadger
"Why do I say I'm going to do shit but I know it's not going to happen. I'm going to be sleeping in the streets until Dylan comes back with the ships, Now I'm talking to myself, great."

Honeybadger walks down the street

Honeybadger
Fucking marshal law. Everyone's scattered, and people are to scared shitless or concentrated on their own shit to listen to me.

And on top of that I'm hungry as shit.

Honeybadger grabs his stomach as he passes by a very bright building

Honeybadger
Holy mary, Jesus, God, Holy Hallelujah. I've never seen such a more beautiful sight of that which I see before me right now. It's golden aura and bright lights, It's like I died and went to heaven and angels are caressing me in their warm light.

A tear went down Honeybadger's face as he slowly approached the restaurant.

He walks through the door and spots BdrLine

I hope this ends up better than Yiski.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1585 on: May 23, 2013, 11:47:51 pm »
--NARRATOR--

Upon being knocked down by Jun'ko and losing the box, Yiski got up and dust himself off. He shook his head as he watched as Jun'ko bolted into the city. He laughed.

"At least they can't say I didn't try."

Yiski walked off to the saloon.

Meanwhile there were many dock workers staring at Zill's galleon and discussed among themselves.

Woker 1
"I heard he rammed twenty galleons during the battle."

Worker 2
"Idiot. There were only ten galleons. It was more like four or five."

BdrLine walks into the dock and hears the conversation and smacks both workers behind their heads.

BdrLine
"If you have time to gawk, then you're clearly not doing something right."

Immediately, all the dock workers scattered.

Back at the saloon, Yiski stands at the front door and from behind he hears a lovely voice.

Lauren
"Fancy meeting you here. Do anything interesting."

Yiski
"Hmm... not really, just some boring work for the Council."

Lauren
"Are we opening still? It's gotten pretty late."

Yiski
"No we'll just call it a day."

--NARRATOR END--

Unknown 2
"Report."

Unknown 1
"We've hit a snag in recruiting. It seems there are rumors circulating to be warned when any of our agents approach pilots and crew."

Unknown 2
"Hmm... expand the search of mercenaries and increase the pay by five percent."

Unknown 1
"Understood."

Unknown 2
"Hmm... this'll delay us a few days."

--END OF DAY 103--

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1586 on: May 24, 2013, 09:39:38 am »
--START OF DAY 104--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski was called into the Council early in the morning. When Yiski learned he was summoned this early, he and Lauren wanted to strangle the Elite who banged on the saloon door, forcing the two to break their embrace of each other.

Now Yiski stood before the Council and yawn heavily. He looked up the Council and saw that none of them looked tired at all.

Yiski
"How the hell are they not tired?"

Before Yiski could delve into that question, the Council called the meeting to order. Yiski mentally facepalmed because calling a meeting to order only entails one course of action: Punishment.

Yiski
"So you're finally goin' to ax me? Took you long enough."

(9)
"You are incorrect in your assumption Commander. We are here to discuss the suitable punishment for the one who interfered with yesterday's investigation."

Yiski
"Shit."

(7)
"According to witnesses' accounts, you were knocked down and a black box you were carrying from the hospital was taken from you. Is that correct?"

Yiski
"Eyup."

(5)
"Additionally, witnesses' description of the person who assaulted you was a female Yeshan?"

Yiski
"More or less. I didn't get a good look since I was down."

(9)
"Would this person be connected to the Admiral?"

Yiski
"Not that I could tell. Even though not significant, we do have many residents who have Yeshan descent."

(3)
"Why did you not pursue your attacker?"

Yiski
"First. City lockdown. Second. I'm still nursin' a rib injury from the invasion."

(3)
"Very well. Since your attacker cannot be sufficiently verified, this meeting is adjourned and you are dismissed Commander."

Yiski leaves the Council Chambers and starts walking back to the saloon. He thinks to himself that Zill had better be damn grateful. First, the fact that nobody got a good look at Jun'ko yesterday. And second, the Council didn't put him in a bind to point the finger at either Jun'ko or Zill. Whatever the case, Yiski was going to find out what is inside the box.

Yiski
"To the hospital."

Back at the saloon Lauren decided to clean, check the equipment, and open the saloon. She didn't feel like going into the Academy or roaming around the city. When she stands back at the counter, she starts thinking about her and Yiski.

"I wonder if Yiski would marry me again?"

--NARRATOR END--

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1587 on: May 24, 2013, 10:04:07 am »
--not far away from anvala--

Out of the misty clouds a ship appears, heading towards the docks of anvala.
It's been shot and has some real damage, the engines are still smoking black.
A black shredded pirate flag dances in the wind as it slowly moves.
Captain coldcurse is standing behind the wheel.
He has some wounds, but still remain with that stupid grin on his face.

Captain Coldcurse:
"I told you i was coming back locky"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1588 on: May 24, 2013, 10:41:58 am »
-Zill's warehouse-

Zill's journey to where he first thought to find Jun'ko was long and painful for him, but he was successful in looking at his warehouse. In the back room, she was asleep with the box wrapped tightly in her arms. He opened the door and locked it behind him. He stumbled and his crutch fell to the floor, waking Jun'ko. She pointed a gun at him, but quickly dropped it and embraced him when she realized who it was. He grunted with pain.
Zill
"Easy there. The docs didn't exactly clear me to leave..."

Jun'ko
"Oh. That worried about me?"

Zill
"Yea actually. God forbid someone identifies you after that stunt. It was a direct action against about every treason law we have in place."

Jun'ko
"Well, I knew it meant something to you after that episode with Yiski. I hope he's ok. I pushed him pretty hard."

Zill
"I'll deal with him."

Jun'ko looked at her admiral hunched over and in obvious pain.
Jun'ko
"You can even deal with yourself right now, let alone Yiski."

Zill simply grunted and sat down. He tensed with each motion. The shrapnel was taking its toll. Beyond that though, he was thinking of a safe place for the box, and nothing really came to mind. After awhile of sitting there gazing at a wall, Jun'ko broke the silence.
Jun'ko
"You don't know where to hide it do you?"

Zill
"Nope. So I'll go with the next best option. Hand me some heavy bandages from the back."

Jun'ko came out shortly with them. Zill had since opened his box and had the book in his hand. Jun'ko recognized the binding.
Jun'ko
"You have the...."

Zill
"Do not finish that sentence. I love you, and refuse to make this your concern past what has already happened."

Jun'ko
Love?

Zill saw her expression and grinned. She was blushing heavily. Zill stood up and put the book on the small of his back. He then kissed her, and asked her to wrap bandages to attach it to his torso. He then placed a replacement book in the box, aptly name The Impossible Search. He shut and locked it. They then went below to his warehouse bunker and placed the box among many others. They went back up to the back room, and Zill got into some old clothes he had, including a large coat to cover all his bandages. He could finally get some much needed relaxation.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 10:44:34 am by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1589 on: May 24, 2013, 11:55:07 am »
--Hospital--

Yiski
"You mean to tell me you let a man with bits of shrapnel in his legs escaped from the fourth floor of the busiest hospital in the city?"

Yiski tone to the nurse was of annoyance, frustration, and condescending. The nurse and the surrounding medical professionals were obliviously nervous.

Nurse
"Well... I ... we... it's been so busy... it's difficult keeping up with all the patients."

Yiski's expression didn't change. He hated excuses, especially poorly crafted ones. Yiski opened his mouth, but closed it. Continuing to berate the nurses or the doctors wasn't going to help him find Zill. Yiski took a deep breath and walked out of the hospital.

As Yiski is walking through the city, he already had his next destination in mind: Zill's warehouse.

--Saloon--

Lauren was bored. Despite opening the saloon at the usual time, there was nobody. Lauren figured everybody was busy with reconstruction, but it didn't help her boredom. She laid her head on the counter and whined.

"Soooo booorrreeeedddd..."