Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1150412 times)

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #645 on: March 12, 2013, 06:54:07 pm »
*Stumbles out of the front door of the infirmary, waving off the nurse in the doorway.*
*Looks up across the somber sky*

Darn, such a heavy rain in the Burren? It was long since last time... Where the hell am I anyway?
*Limps across the square to a back alley, the horrible condition of the drain pipes above him giving him regular showers.*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 12, 2013, 07:39:53 pm »
*After drinking the Clear Skies, Roland feels better, but does start to feel a bit dizzy*
"Curses... this is why I never drink..."

*Yiski comes out from the back and sees Roland swaying around. Yiski grabs Roland to steady him.*
Okay, so maybe it wasn't the best idea for you to drink. You should probably head back upstairs and get some sleep. It'll help with both the cold and the alcohol.

*Roland shakes his head*
"No, no... I can still work. You still have yet to fully recover and you..."

*Before Roland can finish, Yiski pushes him up the stairs and into the spare room all the while talking to him*
Recover? Roland, there are some things that can't be recovered. Damn why'd I say that. Besides, I'm feelin' much better compared to you. Now get some rest. You're worth more to me healthy than sick and dizzy.

*Roland was silent. Yiski was right. Without more protest, Roland walked to the bed and immediately fell on top of it*
Heh... yup just like his mother.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: March 12, 2013, 08:17:30 pm »
*Swooosh, as yet another mass of wather almost drowns him*
God dammit. I can't have it like this. Were's the god damn docks? Hrmm, maybe if I try to get a better view.

*Grabs a nearby pipe drain and proceeds to climb it with great difficulty, slipping and loosing grasp several times. On top of the roof he looks out across what is supposedly the town below him.*
Well, this helped me a bit, still can't see the god damn dock though.  *Procceeds by jumping of the onother roof*

*Suddenly a muddled roar can be heard across the sky. As he looks up, a lightning strike appears, shortly followed by yet another one. The roar can yet again be heard echoing across the sky. As a third ligtning strikes, the clouds become increasingly illuminated. Up there, suddenly, a silhouette can be seen. A vast mass crosses the sky high above him, letting out an even stronger roar of raw fury, twisting it's massive body as it thrusts itself forward, plunging itself into the abyss behind him*
*leaning back with jaws open he takes one step to many, looses his footing and slips of the roof in a shout of despair, landing in the alley beneath.*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: March 12, 2013, 09:51:47 pm »
--Docks--
*Enters BdrLine into Zill's warehouse, drenched and wet*

Sorry i couldn't come back to help. Had another levy problem back where i was at. There should be no problem over there anymore, myself and a few guys patched it up. SO how about that squid now?

--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee to Yiski*

Thanks for the drink, but yeah last i saw, my brother is out there helping out Zill. He told me that he felt that something big is happening.

*Sees Roland as he goes upstairs, more to herself*
Man Roland can't handle a little alcohol* chuckles*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 12, 2013, 10:33:26 pm »
*Yiski to Ny*
Well poor kid never did have a tolerance of alcohol. That's really the only thing similar between him and his dad. Really, Roland's just like his mother, Maria.

*After Yiski says it out loud, he remembers Maria and the day she passed. Yiski's face gives a small tell of regret.*
*Suddenly a bolt of lightning snaps Yiski out of his daze*

*CRACK....BOOM*

Anyways, it looks like we're in for on hell of a storm. If it gets any worse, I like for you to stay here the night. Not gonna let a lady walk into that nightmare.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 12, 2013, 10:34:44 pm »
-Docks-

*Zill looks up from the rear gun mount*

About time BdrLine. Good to hear about the other levy. Storm is a mess out there. Help us with the front mount would yea?

*Jun'ko pops her head out of the hull area*

Dry off and have a round. *She points to a large barrel with a few mugs on it.* Then yea that front mount needs some workin'.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 12, 2013, 10:53:05 pm »
--Docks--
*Bdr goes over to the barrel and grabs a mug, as he is drinking he spots a towel and dries himself off*

Thanks i needed that *as he finish his drink he goes over to the squid and climbs on from the port side*

*as he goes to the front gun mound, he spots a bag of tools and pulls out a wrench*

So what do you want me do to on it?

--Saloon--
*After hearing the thunder, Ny-Lee decides to stay*

Yeah im not my crazy as my brother to out in this weather, heck i think even he won't go out in this. So is there any other room for me to stay in?

*she sips her ale as she listen to the ongoing storm outside*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 12, 2013, 11:06:51 pm »
-Docks-

*Zill comes over and takes a look, pointing down.*

The spring in there that allows for the easy mounting has gone too soft and needs replacing. The Gatling will be going there once itll lock in again.

*Zill heads to and engine and starts to whack a few things.* Jun'ko pops out again.*

Men and your "repairs." Just leave them things alone darn you.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 12, 2013, 11:07:20 pm »
*Yiski thinks. Ny-Lee was right. He only had two rooms, but he has a solution.*
Well there's only the spare and my room. But don't worry about the room. You're gonna be in my room tonight since Roland's in the spare.

*Yiski looks around and sees Shink*
Shink! Don't you dare pass out tonight or I'll have to throw you out into the storm.

*Yiski turns back and smiles to Ny*
Well, assumin' Shink does leave tonight, I'll be sleepin' on my couch.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: March 12, 2013, 11:20:44 pm »
--Docks--
*Looks down at the mount*

Oh i see what you mean *goes down on his knees whack, screw, pull certain things* Man Zill, these parts look ancient, how long you had this squid.

*After a few more tinkering BdrLine finishes the mount*

There, fixed it, and improved it to have a stronger locking mechanism. And i think you love this as well, i modify it so that you can quick swap weapons much faster, heck you can even do it in the tide of battle if needed.

*to Jun'ko as he twirls a wrench in his hand*

And you said men and our "repairs"

*once Bdr finishes his sentence he accidentally lets go of the tool into the air where it lands on his head*

Flakin' A

--Saloon--
*Ny-Lee to Yiski*

Why thank you, but you sure you don't mind. I don't really wan to be a bother

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: March 12, 2013, 11:38:21 pm »
*Yiski chuckles at Ny*
Good grief... if I didn't know any better I'd have to assume you're a female version of Roland. Always tryin' be to kind, courteous, and helpful... not that I'm sayin' that's a bad thing, it's really the opposite. Need more people like the two of you.

*Yiski fixed himself a mug of Frost Fire Ale and takes a large swig*
To add on what I said before, I'm not gonna let a lady go out into that hell and it extends to I'm not gonna let ya sleep on the couch.

*Yiski surveys the saloon and still notices Tim sitting in the corner, still with his drink from the morning*
I swear I'm never gonna understand his obsession with cloud whales.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 11:41:36 pm by Yiski »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: March 12, 2013, 11:39:16 pm »
-Docks-

*Zill and Jun'ko both smirk. Jun'ko is quick with a remark*

Serves you right with all that nonsense. *She vanishes for a few seconds and then emerges from the hull* Looks to be all done oh captain.

*Zill takes a final check, and gets all the guns on her.*

Finally battle ready. Its been awhile since ive made a run in However we died. Good times.

*The storm outside still raging, Zill realizes going anywhere is probably a terrible idea for anyone.*

Alright. Looks like this is our home tonight. And I wont have any complaints out of either of yea. Jun'ko you can take the bed in the back. BdrLine we get to figure out our own arrangements.

*He walks over and pours a mug for himself, taking a long swig.*

*Jun'ko seems pleased with her work today.*

Well that was a lot more than i expected to get done today. Im so lazy when youre not around Zill. Too bad no big surprise today though. Im looking forward to it!

*He beckons with the mug.*

It will be a grand sight for sure. Especially for all these dockworkers.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: March 12, 2013, 11:53:45 pm »
--Docks--
*Rubbing his head*

Oh haha, At least i still i can engineer better than other people

*hears the storm*

Yeah i agree about that storm, even i won't go out in that. But there was that one time i went out with a prototype tesla coil, bad time that was.

*looks around the warehouse for a place to sleep*

Hmm i dont mind sleeping on those crates, my times traveling, i got used to it.

-Saloon--
*Ny-Lee to Yiski*

Well I remember Zill telling me a few days back to keep some of my feminine side around, Still doesn't mean i can't take care of myself. But thanks again for your room

Offline Lord Dick Tim

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 119
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: March 12, 2013, 11:57:05 pm »
-Saloon-

Tim kept his counsels to himself, bearing the glances and whispers with an ease that comes with the stigma of being a mad man.  He'd enjoyed his first draw of the proffered drink, the usual thick syrup that coated and burned the throat on its passage, numbing the constant companion of paint that dwells deep within his chest.

Among the coming and goings of the saloons patrons a skinny man in a heavy oil storm coat soaked in rain with the blazon of a dancing lion on his left breast came in with a short yet wide darkly lacquered box and placed it on the table Tim occupied before snapping his feet together with a loud clap and offering a crisp salute, the tips of his fingers just at his brow, before turning about on a toe when his captain gave him the slightest nod of acknowledgment.

Tim regarded the box with a fowl glare, his mouth twisted in disgust before working the simple lever locks and exposing the contents, crisp white papers with official looking seals accompanied by trays containing an archaic metal fountain pen and ink well.

Setting his serum/poison/liquor aside Tim set about examining the stack of documents, which quickly took the form of a ledger and customs regulations.  With a few broad strokes of his pen with a flourish of form that betrays an education that is not apparent by his appearance,  he signs the documents before looking into the box for what should be a small sponge of pressed material to set his signet in.  Not seeing one in the box he turns to look up at the last place he thought he saw somebody attending the saloon,

"I need a clean rag.  Clean".

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: March 13, 2013, 12:01:01 am »
-Docks-

*Zill stares at BdrLine*

Works for me. I'll probably sleep on the Squid somewhere. Always could find comfy places on ships.

*He turns to Jun'ko*

Get your tail in there and get some rest. You'll want it after todays work. I know i do.

*Jun'ko heads for the room and teases them*

Yea yea. Just dont go peering though the windows. These wrenches of mine have a tendency to break things as well as fix them when needed. *Wiggles her butt out the door and closes it.*

*Zill sighs.*

Like that would ever work.