Author Topic: Was GOIO A Fluke?  (Read 73359 times)

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Was GOIO A Fluke?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2015, 05:18:42 pm »
Stamina and UI changes isn't what makes Guns of Icarus Online, Guns of Icarus Online. Muse stated there will be changes to UI, after enough justified complaints, they even intend to make it customizable, a little at least, better than nothing. Stamina is a feature added on top of it all, adding a tini tiny bit of depth to the never ending abyss of complexity this game offers and Muse will change it or even remove it if enough feedback is given. I heard Muse wanted to remove the Mine Launcher from the game, simply because nobody used it, but I don't see anybody complaining about anything about this gun.

People that say they leave the game, because of a patch lie. They already didn't want to continue playing the game anymore for whatever other reason and a new patch always seems to be the perfect excuse. I don't like the new UI, I also think that features like Stamina are more wasted resources than anything and I am also against some more stuff that the latest patch changed or added. But I still like the game, the people that play the game and I will keep on playing and learn how to play with the latest version of the game, because deep down at its core, Guns of Icarus Online is still Guns of Icarus Online.

ship nerfs
Needed to happen gat mortar pyra kills under 6 seconds and anyone can pick it up and use it, 200m charges through open ground balloon shielding hydro up boom dead, and that was not balanced. Problem was it was so powerful the majority including myself used it all the time, people would laugh if you took a spire or a mobula, you were ram bait and a fool!! unless you were a certain GWTH player :P
After all my Mobula-ing, you hurt my feelings.

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 04, 2015, 05:20:42 pm »
i am sorry Dementio edited :)

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 04, 2015, 05:24:02 pm »
...unless you were a certain GWTH player :P or your name is daniel :)

:D, but who is Dementio?

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 04, 2015, 05:25:53 pm »
Stamina and UI changes isn't what makes Guns of Icarus Online, Guns of Icarus Online. Muse stated there will be changes to UI, after enough justified complaints, they even intend to make it customizable, a little at least, better than nothing. Stamina is a feature added on top of it all, adding a tini tiny bit of depth to the never ending abyss of complexity this game offers and Muse will change it or even remove it if enough feedback is given. I heard Muse wanted to remove the Mine Launcher from the game, simply because nobody used it, but I don't see anybody complaining about anything about this gun.

People that say they leave the game, because of a patch lie. They already didn't want to continue playing the game anymore for whatever other reason and a new patch always seems to be the perfect excuse. I don't like the new UI, I also think that features like Stamina are more wasted resources than anything and I am also against some more stuff that the latest patch changed or added. But I still like the game, the people that play the game and I will keep on playing and learn how to play with the latest version of the game, because deep down at its core, Guns of Icarus Online is still Guns of Icarus Online.

ship nerfs
Needed to happen gat mortar pyra kills under 6 seconds and anyone can pick it up and use it, 200m charges through open ground balloon shielding hydro up boom dead, and that was not balanced. Problem was it was so powerful the majority including myself used it all the time, people would laugh if you took a spire or a mobula, you were ram bait and a fool!! unless you were a certain GWTH player :P
After all my Mobula-ing, you hurt my feelings.
I think you're missing the point with your spiritual crap.

Also, I did legitimately leave because Stamina and the UI.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2015, 05:47:43 pm »
I just sai- Okay, you know what? Fine, Stamina and the UI change is totally the best thing to ever be added to this game. However I've sadly come down with a case of "GoIO uninstalled" so, sadly, maybe I'll be able to see all of you again, but, till that moment where this incurable disease is fixed, I'll just go do something else.

Good! More fun for us. Bye then!

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2015, 05:52:34 pm »
I just sai- Okay, you know what? Fine, Stamina and the UI change is totally the best thing to ever be added to this game. However I've sadly come down with a case of "GoIO uninstalled" so, sadly, maybe I'll be able to see all of you again, but, till that moment where this incurable disease is fixed, I'll just go do something else.

Nah, I think I'll go into provoking more.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:57:03 am by -Muse- Jacob »

Offline GreyTea

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 54
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2015, 06:03:24 pm »
Their is no need to insult other forum users or provoke, am here to listen to feedback and reasons and help best i can so people don't feel ignored or forgotten about, and i have heard you and i am sorry you feel like that, however its not in my power to remove stamina  as for the ui as i stated it could changed in a later update i would not like to commit to saying it will be, but i have brought it up that their are people who think it can be done cleaner and better,

Offline Netheron

• Salutes: 1
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2015, 06:07:00 pm »

Nah, I think I'll go into provoking more and basically just call everyone fucking gays.

David, that helps your cause not at all. I personally am with you on the UI change. I think it was a pretty bad change, but I left those comments in the appropriate thread. In terms of stamina, meh... It just feels unnecessary to me. Its just something the game didn't need, and I wish development time spent on that would have gone toward the completion of Co-op. However, I was too shy to speak my mind, and so this has come to pass. If we want this issue fixed, we need to use collected and logical arguments to support our side, not sporadic attacks and insults (this applies to both sides of the argument).

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2015, 06:57:44 pm »
He just wants to burn all his bridges on leaving. Not uncommon. Seen the behavior many times in guilds. Either someone leaves with grace, just fades out quietly, or goes on a tantrum till forced out. The plus side of a tantrum player is that if they ever want to come back, they'll be excluded by everyone because no one will trust them again. Let him dig his own grave.

If you played COOP mode, you'd notice that Stamina is pretty necessary for it. There is no way the snail slow ships we currently have could have handled COOP without stamina. You could but you'd be struggling.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2015, 07:00:00 pm »
I created a survey about the update.

http://goo.gl/forms/Fi96qx41wh

I'm curious what the data will tell so I'll post it here too.

• [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 04, 2015, 07:06:34 pm »
That form won't be accurate because you have questions which only dev app testers would be able to answer accurately. Those that don't test can make up whatever they want. Stamina was well tested and balanced before it went live. It wasn't a spur of the moment idea.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #41 on: May 04, 2015, 07:18:28 pm »
That form won't be accurate because you have questions which only dev app testers would be able to answer accurately. Those that don't test can make up whatever they want. Stamina was well tested and balanced before it went live. It wasn't a spur of the moment idea.

sometimes getting info from the common folk might be useful gilder.

Also here's a thought. Making things easier, doesn't necessarily mean better. Adding more complexity, doesn't necessarily mean depth.
People have nostalgia for simpler times because at the very core, what was important was getting better at what is essentially a simple game of teamwork.

Now continuing your bitching.

No matter how games get more complex and have more graphics. I will always play a quick game of chess at some point in my life, as I always have.

As well as visit the local arcade to play some rhythm games.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:23:01 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline David Dire

• [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2015, 07:22:08 pm »

Nah, I think I'll go into provoking more.

David, that helps your cause not at all. I personally am with you on the UI change. I think it was a pretty bad change, but I left those comments in the appropriate thread. In terms of stamina, meh... It just feels unnecessary to me. Its just something the game didn't need, and I wish development time spent on that would have gone toward the completion of Co-op. However, I was too shy to speak my mind, and so this has come to pass. If we want this issue fixed, we need to use collected and logical arguments to support our side, not sporadic attacks and insults (this applies to both sides of the argument).

Apparently you people can't take jokes.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but if Muse is working on Co-Op why are they suddenly pulling ideas for their game out of their asses and putting it in despite numerous levels of feedback telling them to not put it in?
« Last Edit: May 05, 2015, 07:58:00 am by -Muse- Jacob »

Offline Netheron

• Salutes: 1
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2015, 07:23:45 pm »
It is a side effect of text, tone is hard to detect.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
« Reply #44 on: May 04, 2015, 07:29:50 pm »
Hey everyone.

I'm here to apologize for David. As long as he wears that tag, he's representative of my clan.
I wish not to derail the topic any further, so I'll keep this brief, but I hope any players reading this that are unfamiliar with Cake do not associate this behavior with me, my officers, any of my other members, or the clan as a whole.

It's actually quite the opposite of our purpose.
We have a zero tolerance policy for hate speech, and strongly discourage 'noob shaming.' He will be ejected from the clan as soon as I am done posting this.
David, if you wish to discuss this with me, you have multiple ways of contacting me privately. Please do so if you desire.

To be clear, he is not being kicked due to his opinions, but rather his crude way of presenting them.

Again, apologies to everyone here.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 07:39:53 pm by James T. Kirk »