Author Topic: Dev App 1.4.0 (475)  (Read 44055 times)

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Dev App 1.4.0 (473)
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2015, 09:09:03 pm »
Please don't nerf flamethrower. Give extinguisher a buff. Flamethrower is hard-countered without a secondary source of damage to break cycles by chem.

The only condition under which I'd term a weapon in GOI OP is if it was sufficient paired with itself/no other gun to promise a kill. The flamethrower is not at that point.

With extinguishers it is a guaranteed kill. A single flame can lock down a ship with extinguishers regardless of skill. This will be a major nerf to the flame and buff to chem which doesn't need a buff.

The issue is that correct chem is mandatory and extinguishers are completely useless which breaks balance in pub matches. If the extinguisher were buffed there would be no need for flame nerf.

Buffing the extinguisher is a simpler and more balanced approach than nerfing flame + buffing chem.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 09:11:30 pm by BlackenedPies »

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2015, 09:11:16 pm »
I agree that one of the flamer's more interesting features was ship penetration, but I kind of see the reason for the change. Could we maybe only make a partial penetration, like 10 meters before the particle stops? I would like to still be able to flame a pyramidion's front guns from above.

Also, THANK YOU MUSE for the rematch changes. Unlimited rematches are one of the things we missed most about old lobbies. Now to add named lobbies and it will be perfect :D

Wouldn't ten meters be about the width of a junker? Seems to defeat the purpose of removing penetration, if it penetrates most of the way through most ships.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2015, 11:54:00 pm »
We were joking about this in TS, but if the flame stops after hitting a component, one might need heavy clip so that all the shots don't get stuck on one chem sprayed component.

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2015, 08:42:35 am »
I would also rather see fire extinguisher get more love than a change in the flamethrower's mechanics.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2015, 09:09:52 am »
I would also rather see fire extinguisher get more love than a change in the flamethrower's mechanics.

This. Every time I engie, I have extinguisher.

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2015, 12:32:45 pm »
Please don't nerf flamethrower. Give extinguisher a buff. Flamethrower is hard-countered without a secondary source of damage to break cycles by chem.

The only condition under which I'd term a weapon in GOI OP is if it was sufficient paired with itself/no other gun to promise a kill. The flamethrower is not at that point.

With extinguishers it is a guaranteed kill. A single flame can lock down a ship with extinguishers regardless of skill. This will be a major nerf to the flame and buff to chem which doesn't need a buff.

The issue is that correct chem is mandatory and extinguishers are completely useless which breaks balance in pub matches. If the extinguisher were buffed there would be no need for flame nerf.

Buffing the extinguisher is a simpler and more balanced approach than nerfing flame + buffing chem.

Offline trivee

• Salutes: 1
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2015, 10:34:09 pm »
I don't really like the changes to the compass or ship health. I used the tick marks between compass direction to give my crew a more accurate direction. For example “target at one tick right of north.”
And with the health I found it helpful to tell my captain how many “bars” of health I had left after a engagement. Over all I feel as though the UI changes are unneeded, and are only there to say “Hay guys look something new and shiny!”

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 06:52:52 am »
I don't really like the changes to the compass or ship health. I used the tick marks between compass direction to give my crew a more accurate direction. For example “target at one tick right of north.”
And with the health I found it helpful to tell my captain how many “bars” of health I had left after a engagement. Over all I feel as though the UI changes are unneeded, and are only there to say “Hay guys look something new and shiny!”

Completely agree. Not to mention that you lost the team color on the bottom right behind the hull health. I remember when only the color was there because people complained they didn't know what team they were on and now there is no color indicition on the hud again...

Offline Byron Cavendish

• Salutes: 89
    • [TB]
    • View Profile
    • The Brotherhood
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 10:21:32 am »
I want to know who at Muse is constantly approving these BS changes.

Offline SiepeAssassina

• Salutes: 14
    • [B&C]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2015, 11:19:03 am »
I do agree, hull bar is too short. It is NOT a secondary item so why in the world are you trying to hide it? Because design? Then I shall answer "Because Mines"...
Don't make the HUD too minimalistic: it's a steampunk game afterall

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2015, 01:09:08 pm »
Going to have to agree. The UI is getting far too clean and modern for the game aesthetics.

The gunner stuff is actually cumbersome, confusing, and will never be looked at. It is too small and far away from the 'tunnel vision' gunner area to be easily seen. My suggestion is to put all useful information on the reticle itself... which gives me an idea.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 03:50:03 pm »
@richard, far away? the old ammo indicator (which certainly did get looked at) was further away.

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 04:00:03 pm »
"cumbersome, confusing" "It is too small and far away"

You missed key wording. The current one is very large, unobstructed, has a highlighting background, and pretty much by itself. It is easy to see out of the corner of your eye. The same can not be said about the test UI. It is small, looks every similar to everything around it, and thus takes more time to glance at.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2015, 09:58:04 pm »
Changes

- Rematch: Can rematch any number of times, rematch vote threshold increased to 60% (at least some of both teams must agree), defaults to no rematch

I hope that everybody is aware that with infinite rematches matchmaking might become even less effective with the low playerbase.

I am still in favor of "Crew form / Matchmake with your party, re-queue with your party". That would solve at least all known issues of "I can't play with my friends anymore!"...

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Re: Dev App 1.4.0 (475)
« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2015, 12:09:40 pm »
Build 475 is up.  Changes of note:

- Flamethrower particles now penetrate a short distance (effectively, they will hit any components near their initial impact)
- Spotting in and around clouds has been significantly improved; ships occluded by only a small thickness of cloud are still spottable.
- Gun and ship data in the Library now unlock earlier (novice-usable stuff immediately, other stuff on novice graduation)
- Crewmembers can now see what spawn point their captain has selected while respawning
- Carronade arcs reduced slightly
- Heavy Carronade range reduced slightly
- Heavy Clip now reduces recoil by 95% (was 100%)
- Carronade reload times slightly increased
- Med Carronade shatter damage decreased, some damage added to flechette side
- Fire extinguisher higher immunity duration with shorter repair cooldown

(Stat changes may be tweaked slightly more today, but this is what's up at the moment of this writing.)

Fixes to dev-app-only bugs of note:
- Flares that have not armed no longer stick around forever
- Water Hazard loads again
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:26:14 pm by Watchmaker »