Author Topic: 1.4.0 Pyra. Too much stick?  (Read 63537 times)

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: 1.4.0 Pyra. Too much stick?
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2015, 09:46:43 pm »
I like hamsteriv's idea of splitting the main engine into 2, one repairable from below the other not.

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 05, 2015, 09:24:31 pm »
I like hamsteriv's idea of splitting the main engine into 2, one repairable from below the other not.

So MOAR Squid?

Offline MightyKeb

• Salutes: 78
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 06, 2015, 04:18:20 am »

So MOAR Squid?

The new pyra:
>4 engines
>still accels like a galleon

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 06, 2015, 07:29:00 am »
Changing the design takes a lot longer than changing numbers. This is why Muse only changes numbers and doesn't even try bothering with design changes.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 06, 2015, 07:42:57 am »
Changing the design takes a lot longer than changing numbers. This is why Muse only changes numbers and doesn't even try bothering with design changes.

I've wondered a lot about "what if the only hope to make the pyra "less popular" was a redesign." Like you say, it's a lot of extra effort, and typically something I never suggest as a balance fix because of it. Food for though I suppose.

That said, I stand by my original post of keeping the speed nerf, and altering/reverting the hull nerf.

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 06, 2015, 10:25:51 am »
I think moving the components of a ship around isn't that difficult. They've moved the balloon on the galleon and the hull/balloon on the spire. Engines are probably different of course, especially with the placement of the large center engine.

One of the the things that made the pyra so strong is how easy it is to divide up the crew to the different components. So moving the balloon and/or hull around to make things a little more challenging could be a way to 'nerf' the pyra without having the need to reduce acceleration and such. Moving the hull to the top of those rear stairs (probably not enough room) might spice things up; but not by much once people learned how not to get stuck on the stairs. Another location could be closer to the pilot at the front of the ship. Overall it's a surprisingly compact ship, hard to think of places to put things to make it more difficult. Although just making it impossible to hit that middle engine from underneath would certainly add more time to the main engineer cycle.

Offline Kamoba

• Salutes: 175
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
    • Robin and Magpie Leather
« Reply #51 on: March 06, 2015, 11:18:58 am »
#Thenerfcantbethatbad
#Stillthemostusedshipingame

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 06, 2015, 04:21:51 pm »
The ship layout is still what makes the pyramidion great. If so this nerf was fine. Everyone is still flying pyra's and the world will keep on turning.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 06, 2015, 05:44:46 pm »
Only because the ship still gets flown doesn't mean the nerf was fine. Muse basically wanted to get people to not fly the Pyramidion, apparantly their mission failed.

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 06, 2015, 05:50:36 pm »
Only because the ship still gets flown doesn't mean the nerf was fine. Muse basically wanted to get people to not fly the Pyramidion, apparantly their mission failed.
We all know you think the pyramidion is 'weak' at the level you play at. But for the majority of the community this nerf seems perfectly justified.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 06, 2015, 09:51:57 pm »
I think moving the components of a ship around isn't that difficult. They've moved the balloon on the galleon and the hull/balloon on the spire. Engines are probably different of course, especially with the placement of the large center engine.

But see the thing was...the Spire didn't need that. It wasn't what people were asking for. Honestly I like the original positions better. What people wanted was either quicker rebuilds or make the spire a little tankier. It was pleaded for awhile. Everyone was in agreement. Then Muse decided to do something no one asked for and still did not fix the core issues with the Spire.

Offline Dementio

• [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 07, 2015, 08:07:54 am »
We all know you think the pyramidion is 'weak' at the level you play at. But for the majority of the community this nerf seems perfectly justified.
I could argue that quite a number of players is probably not even aware of this nerf. Not everybody likes this game as we do and shows enough dedication to keep track of patch notes.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 07, 2015, 08:45:58 am »
I could argue that quite a number of players is probably not even aware of this nerf. Not everybody likes this game as we do and shows enough dedication to keep track of patch notes.
Daniel is right, after patch
Random ally pilot: "Okay I'm taking Pyra, I'll charge and tank the enemy and you can hit them from range, be careful though, Spire is squishy!"

Me: "Oh you didn't see the patch notes for 1.4.0?"

Ally Pilot: "Er, what are they then?"

Pyramidion was the single most used ship by very many people and only a small minority check forums or patch notes.. So it is still the most used for a variety of reasons.

Though I admit it is not totally useless and can still put up a fight with the right build, the right build is no longer a charging meta. :)

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 07, 2015, 11:23:45 am »
A charging metamidian is no longer a guarantied instant kill for most of the ships in the game. If not the perfect change, still a change for the better. Now to nerf the Squid hull back where it belongs.

Offline Kamoba

• [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 07, 2015, 11:27:44 am »
A charging metamidian is no longer a guarantied instant kill for most of the ships in the game. If not the perfect change, still a change for the better. Now to nerf the Squid hull back where it belongs.

Bingo, although maybe a bit over the top Nerf the good thing is muse are always looking at the balance of the game :)