Author Topic: Huge New Ship And Weapon Suggestion Topic  (Read 30925 times)

Offline omegaskorpion

• Salutes: 7
    • [CwG]
    • View Profile
Huge New Ship And Weapon Suggestion Topic
« on: December 15, 2014, 04:45:05 am »
This Topic contains my old weapon and ship suggestions, i have remade their stats and placed them in same topic. (the stats that i have made don't really matter since they are only there to give direction)

(Ship and weapon models have been made with Cinema 4D [during 30d trial time] models aren't the best and could use polishing [and background] but that is hard to change now)

Swan

Swan is huge ship that has heavy armor and firepower but lacks in maneuvering.
Swan is bigger than longer than galleon but also slim too.

It has 2 heavy guns aimed to front of the ship, but since they are back of the ship it gives them advantage in long range weapons if enemy gets too close since arming time is less big deal, how ever this reduces effective range of close range heavy weapons.

under deck has 4 light guns, aimed at port and starboard. Under deck also has hull and heavy engine placed near the ladder that leads to upper deck.
Upper deck has the heavy guns and 2 turning and 1 heavy engine close to each other, balloon component is located near the captain, front of the ship where also the helm is.

Ship has 3 balloons, biggest is attached to upper deck and smaller ones are attached to wings. Wing balloons are danger of being hit by flechette weapons while the upper deck balloon is more protected by the armor.

Crew has to communicate when using this ship, since captain has poor visibility back of the ship (he can still see under the ship) and since guns are located in different sections of the ship both under and upper deck has to have 1 engineer. Gunner has to run between the decks.

Swan can effectively ram dealing huge amount of damage but with its low turning speed its not best plan.

Stats:

- Hull 900
- Armor 1000
- mass 500.000kg
- max speed 31.0 m/s
- max turn speed 7.82 deg/s
- acceleration speed 2.30 m/s²

- 2 light engines
- 2 heavy engines
- 4 light guns
- 2 heavy guns
- 3 balloons

Turtle

Turtle is unique ship in its design, it has 2 armor panels attached to port and starboard witch are detachable.
However its very slow ship thanks to this.

Turtle has 3 separate armors, armor plates have 800 armor and 400 health while the ship has 550 armor and 600 health. When armor plate gets destroyed the ship will detach it and gain 25% more speed. without both armors the ship gains 50% more speed. however its also more weaker after this.

Turtles hull and balloon components are located opposite sides of the ship and have balloon "window" separating them. Armor plates components are located near the plates, middle of the 2 heavy guns.

Ship has 4 heavy guns and 2 light guns, heavys are covering port and starboard while light guns protect front and back of the ship.

Light engines are close to heavy guns while heavy engine is under the helm.

Turtle is easy ship to use but has low speed and many components to take care of, fortunately the armor plates stop the damage to enter the ships armor or hull, unless the enemy is hitting the ship from behind, under, front or above.

Turtle is larger than junker but has same length.

Stats:

- Hull 600
- Armor 550
- mass 350.000kg (220.000kg without both armor plates)
- max speed 25.0 m/s- 32,5m/s
- max turn speed 10 deg/s
- acceleration speed 2.30 m/s²

- 2 light engines
- 1 heavy engines
- 2 light guns
- 4 heavy guns
- 1 balloons
- 2 armor plates

Bridge

Bridge is light ship which original model was literary made out of bridge.

it has 1 heavy gun in the front and 3 side guns, making it good support ship or jack-of-all-trades.

However it has poor armor and health but it is also small ship so it is hard to hit.

Stats:

- Hull 600
- Armor 500
- mass 100.000kg
- max speed 40.0 m/s
- max turn speed 12 deg/s
- acceleration speed 3.30 m/s²

- 2 light engines
- 1 heavy engines
- 3 light guns
- 1 heavy guns
- 1 balloons

Reaper

Reaper is very long ship that has stunning speed for its size and very powerful weaponry.
Its speed and power comes in cost of health and armor having poor 400 armor and 800 health for its size it wont stay in battles that are corners or enemy swarming areas.

It excels in hit and run tactics and sniping.

it is longer than galleon but also has less height.

Stats:

- Hull 800
- Armor 400
- mass 150.000kg
- max speed 41.0 m/s
- max turn speed 9 deg/s
- acceleration speed 4 m/s²

- 1 light engines
- 2 heavy engines
- 4 light guns
- 1 heavy gun
- 3 balloons

Dragonfly

Dragonfly has huge balloon that protects the most of the ship, the balloon has more resistance to damage than any other balloon making it effective even against flechette weapons.

This upside has downside of low armor, making ship easier to destroy with rams or piercing weapons.

Dragonflys guns are can shoot targets in ever direction, so long as weapons of choice have enough rotation angle.
dragon fly can shoot max 3 guns on side target, front and back guns can focus on 2 guns on same target.

Dragonfly is also excellent at ramming.

Stats:

- Hull 550
- Armor 350
- mass 75.000kg
- max speed 35 m/s
- max turn speed 8 deg/s
- acceleration speed 6 m/s²

- 2 light engines
- 2 heavy engines
- 6 light guns
- 0 heavy guns
- 1 balloon (has 60% more resistance to all damage)

Sai

Sai is considered by many captains as beefier pyramidion, which it is for the most part.
Its heavy ship that used to serve as transportation ship for supplies and civilians, however its was repurposed as military vanguard that takes most of the hits before rest of the army can get to the battle.

Sai has higher armor and health compared to its little brother, how ever it has even more slower turning speed and more bigger target. Also its weaponry has not growth much.

unlike in pyramidion, the sais hull is on upper deck and balloon is under deck. also components are more further away from each other, making manticore less of threat, but it also makes repairing harder.   

Side guns are heavy guns and front guns are light guns, however light guns have less uses for the close range weapons since ship front part is so long.

Balloon is protected by the ship since the balloon is under the ship.
Sai is bigger longer than galleon, but also has less height.

Sai is (just like pyramidion) excellent at ramming, if it can hit.

Stats:

- Hull 950
- Armor 1000
- mass 500.000kg
- max speed 31.5 m/s
- max turn speed 6.5 deg/s
- acceleration speed 2 m/s²

- 2 light engines
- 2 heavy engines
- 2 light guns
- 2 heavy gun
- 1 balloons

Ikazuchi

Ikazuchi is old time sea warship looking ship that has 6 light guns, making it very good at high fire power.

Stats:

- Hull 1400
- Armor 550
- mass 250.000kg
- max speed 29.5 m/s
- max turn speed 8 deg/s
- acceleration speed 2.5 m/s²

- 2 light engines
- 1 heavy engines
- 6 light guns
- 0 heavy gun
- 1 balloons

Kalskel Light Cannon

Kalskel is light gun that is designed to destroy ships most important components. Hull and Armor.

Its not good gun alone and is better when it has other Kalskel companing them.

Stats:

Damage: 25 piercing

Area of Effect: 30 explosion

Radius: 3m

Rate of Fire: 3

Spread: Medium

Max Range: 1000m

Muzzle speed: 300m/s

Effective Vs: hull, armor

Reload speed: 6s

Rounds: 10

Nailer

Nailer is effective balloon destroyer, but it excels at destroying components.

Stats:

Damage: 10 flechette

Area of Effect: 10 chatter

Radius: 1m

Rate of Fire: 6

Spread: pinpoint accuracy

Max Range: 500m

Muzzle speed: 450m/s

Effective Vs: balloon, components

Reload speed: 7s

Rounds: 100

Zhunon Crossbow

Stats:

Damage: 70 Piercing

Area of Effect: 100 Flechette

Radius: 2m

Rate of Fire: 0

Max Range: Infinite (after 650m the bolt will start to fall)

Muzzle speed: 200m/s

Effective Vs: balloon, armor

Rounds: 1

Heavy Pierce Cannon

Heavy cannon used to destroy ships armor.

Stats:

Damage: 100 Piercing

Area of Effect: 150 chatter

Rate of Fire: 22 shots per min

Max Range: 1900m

Muzzle speed: 750m/s

Effective Vs: armor, hull

Rounds: 2

Has same turn radius as heavy flack

Light And Heavy Shark Torpedo Launcher

Shark torpedo lauchers shoot torpedos that have 200m long heatseeking ability, they will have high turning speed so they can hit ships easier, if enemy shoots flare and its on radius of 200m the torpedos will fly to it instead of enemy if its closer target.

Enemies can shoot torpedos.

Damage: 50 fire

Area of Effect: 50 chatter  (25 chatter heavy)

Rate of Fire: 500

Spread: light: low spread, Heavy: high spread

Max Range: 1500m

Muzzle speed: 250m/s

Effective Vs: hull, balloon, components.

Reload speed: 6s (heavy 7s)

Rounds: 4 (light) 16 (heavy)

Heavy Torpedo Launcher

Heavy torpedo launcher launches chargeable controllable torpedos. torpedos have 200 Health and are destroable by enemies.

Charge takes 10sec. (you can shoot when you want during charge to shoot half charged or lower)

Stats:

Damage: 100 fire  (charged 200) (charged shot will push ships)

Area of Effect: 100 chatter (charged 300)

Radius: 3m (charged 7)

Max Range: 1400m

Muzzle speed: 300m/s (max charged speed 600m/s)

Effective Vs: hull, balloon, components

Reload speed: 10s

Light Tesla Beam and Tesla Cannon 

Tesla weapons have ability to spread their damage to other components upon impact and can hit more targets more further than fire.

BEAM

Stats:

Damage: 1 fire 

Area of Effect: 1 chatter

Radius: 10m

Rate of Fire: 400rof

Max Range: 425m

Muzzle speed: ?

Effective Vs: hull, components

Reload speed: 7s

Rounds: 50

Cannon

Stats:

Damage: 50 piersing 

Area of Effect: 50 chatter

Radius: 10m

Rate of Fire: 1 shots per sec

Spread: medium

Max Range: 750m

Muzzle speed: 1000m/s

Effective Vs: armor, components

Rounds: 10
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:15:04 am by omegaskorpion »

Offline ShadedExalt

• Salutes: 76
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
Re: Huge New Ship And Weapon Suggestion Topic
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2014, 09:40:16 am »
Lots of thought put into this.  Some of the stuff is a mite OP, especially the Dragonfly and the Charge/Shark Torpedoes.  The Sai (big Pyra, right?)  seems decently balanced.  Swan might have to be tweaked...

But yeah.  Moar ships (if thought out and balanced) = gud.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2014, 12:32:31 pm »
Lots of thought put into this.  Some of the stuff is a mite OP, especially the Dragonfly and the Charge/Shark Torpedoes.  The Sai (big Pyra, right?)  seems decently balanced.  Swan might have to be tweaked...

But yeah.  Moar ships (if thought out and balanced) = gud.

Thanks,
il keep thinking the balance of thease. However i dont see problem with the shark torpedos since they are destroyable and fly pretty slow. (and they can be fooled with flares)

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2015, 02:50:08 pm »
all right i tweaked heavy torpedo stats a little bit.

Stats:

Damage: 100 fire  (charged 200) (charged shot will push ships)

Area of Effect: 100 chatter (charged 200)

Radius: 3m (charged 6)

Max Range: 1000m (1450m charged)

Muzzle speed: 300m/s (max charged speed 600m/s)

Effective Vs: hull, balloon, components

Reload speed: 10s

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2015, 03:01:32 pm »
so the swan ship is a ship thats even slower than a galleon?

as for some of these ships... you're asking for new mechanics... assuming muse would just change the fundamental philosophy of the game.

like some of these ships are meant to be functioning with a 4 man crew?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 03:07:41 pm by Ceresbane »

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2015, 05:18:25 pm »

as for some of these ships... you're asking for new mechanics... assuming muse would just change the fundamental philosophy of the game.

Swan is the big green ship. its slightly faster than galleon, turtle is slower than galleon when it has its armors attached.
(galleon is still faster than junker ans spire so its not a slow ship)

The only ships that have new mechanics are Turtle witch has 2 addional armors and dragonfly wich has 60% more damage resistant balloon. I understand that thease maybe too much for the devs (or not, i dont know) but those addition make them unique compared to other ships.

All the ships are ment to be practical and working with 4 man crew, some of them have higher armor just because they are so big that crew has to run all over the ship to get to next component.

However, those big ships are still usable in canyon styled map.

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2015, 02:40:49 pm »
Hello again!  :D

I always enjoy reading ideas for weapons and ships even if they are never added.

favourite ship has to be the dragon fly, it currently seems op with dual guns on front and back but if that where removed it or adjusted just right I feel like its unique and could have a place in the game. I have had ideas for a similar ship but never really refined it.

Turtle seems pretty neat too but the way it changes speed as it looses health is interesting but seems weird to me, I understand the reasons but the practicality and how it effects gameplay is hard to judge.

the other ships seem... I don't know like better versions of what is already in the game, or at least bigger.

As for the weapons
don't like the light cannon cause it does both pierce and explosive making for a boring and bad combination.
I don't think that a heavy piercing weapon is a good idea, it can be done but simply by adding a heavy piercing weapon you greatly change the dynamics of the game so it will have to be handled carefully.
the carronade already destroys balloon and components short range so the nailer has no job.
I like the crossbow.
Homing weapons can be fair if they are balance so I like those too
the heavy torpedo launcher is neat so I think something similar might work.
I like lasers and lighting for the sake of it being lasers and lighting  :P

And now for shameless self promotion of weapon and ship ideas I came up with in the past

BARGE:
A ship design smack dab in the middle of junker and galleon, felt the game could use another broadsider ship with the unique feature of a balloon on the bottom
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4968.msg82397.html#msg82397

SHARK:
long range brawler, may have 2 guns on the front like a pyrmadon but is different in every other way including its balloon!
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4966.msg82394.html#msg82394

BASILISK:
A light fast attack craft, very dangerous in the hands of a good crew due to its high risk reward design
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4967.msg82396.html#msg82396

CROW:
An alternate to the Spire. Big, heavy, and with lots of fire power on the front but vulnerable when the enemy is up close due to poor manoeuvrability.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4969.msg82398.html#msg82398

SONIC GUN:
a weapon that would mix offence with defence by being able to shoot down incoming projectiles.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4046.msg69823.html#msg69823

HOWLING WOLF SHOTGUN:
short range disable and explosive
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4496.msg75352.html#msg75352

SCRAP GUN:
light easy to use weapon that can be combined to make effective bifectas or trifectas with other weapons. not particularly effective on its own
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4488.msg75238.html#msg75238

SHREDDER CANON:
I know I am a hypocrite for suggesting a heavy piercing weapon, but I used to think it was a good idea and I am allowed to change my mind. It could be tinkered into a light weapon and could be used as an alternate to the chain gun.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4487.msg75236.html#msg75236

LIGHT SCORPION:
medium range balloon popper. similar to your crossbow idea but with explosive damage instead of piercing. I just feel that is a better pairing as it allows the weapon to kill making it useful in a lot of builds.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,4484.msg75159.html#msg75159
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 02:46:46 pm by SirNotlag »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2015, 04:56:14 pm »

Swan is the big green ship. its slightly faster than galleon, turtle is slower than galleon when it has its armors attached.

The only ships that have new mechanics are Turtle witch has 2 addional armors and dragonfly wich has 60% more damage resistant balloon. I understand that thease maybe too much for the devs (or not, i dont know) but those addition make them unique compared to other ships.

All the ships are ment to be practical and working with 4 man crew, some of them have higher armor just because they are so big that crew has to run all over the ship to get to next component.

the issue isn't creating these things.

its the balancing. Guns is like a family. Each ship by muse is like a child.

Papa muse ain't allowed to play favourites, everyone has the exact same wealth in ability but is all spent in different places. This is why the game is fairly balanced.

These new ships is like Papa muse went to the orphanage and got overpowered game changing children that completely fks up the given status quo.

I mean for crying out loud, it took muse 2 years to balance the ships and weapons as they are.
dramatic changes like this would take decades to properly balance, especially because of the new precedent you are applying to it with these new ships.

Offline TeddyBearMafia

• Salutes: 8
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2015, 06:16:11 pm »
Problem with new ships is they have to actually, y'know, do something new without substantially breaking the game system. To use a parallel, it's like when Death Knights were added to WoW, and they completely screwed up the entire tanking metagame because they were immensely better at some things and incredibly worse at others. Adding a completely new asset which is only limited to ONE specific ship (like your Turtle idea) is a poor design decision unless every ship has its own special mechanic. This is to avoid entire strategies hinging on one particular gameplay mechanic and becoming far too shallow.

Thus, there is a limited space for new ships in GoIO in the current system as much as I'd like to see more of them made.

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2015, 06:33:24 pm »
Problem with new ships is they have to actually, y'know, do something new without substantially breaking the game system. To use a parallel, it's like when Death Knights were added to WoW, and they completely screwed up the entire tanking metagame because they were immensely better at some things and incredibly worse at others. Adding a completely new asset which is only limited to ONE specific ship (like your Turtle idea) is a poor design decision unless every ship has its own special mechanic. This is to avoid entire strategies hinging on one particular gameplay mechanic and becoming far too shallow.

Thus, there is a limited space for new ships in GoIO in the current system as much as I'd like to see more of them made.

well muse has promised new ships and guns (though I have a feeling they're just applying ideas they had from the very beginning-like the guns in flight of icarus).

It'll be up to us to yell at them to balance everything right.

I do want a replica of the Icarus as a new ship type. The junker is sorta like the Icarus. Well the Icarus was actually more like a cross breed between junker and galleon.

Fore gun and aft gun just like a junker and galleon's support guns. And 2 sets of twin side guns.

For balance it would need to be slightly down sized though (you had to really move to fix crap-plus theres no more need for a cargo bay
). But basically a ship that could shoot from all 4 compass directions but best used as a broadside.

Kinda like a light galleon.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 06:34:59 pm by Ceresbane »

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 10:16:06 am »

the issue isn't creating these things.

its the balancing. Guns is like a family. Each ship by muse is like a child.

Papa muse ain't allowed to play favourites, everyone has the exact same wealth in ability but is all spent in different places. This is why the game is fairly balanced.

These new ships is like Papa muse went to the orphanage and got overpowered game changing children that completely fks up the given status quo.

I mean for crying out loud, it took muse 2 years to balance the ships and weapons as they are.
dramatic changes like this would take decades to properly balance, especially because of the new precedent you are applying to it with these new ships.

I can understand why new ships hast been made, but pyramidion has't been well balanced in 2 years, simply because it does everything so well (as a junker user im very pissed of that 3guns arent enaught to kill that thing) And Spire has been glass cannon and not much used too. (some use it but many find it too hard to use properly since it can die realy easy against faster ships)

I created these ships balance in mind, even tho they might be big and better armored they still suffer from low speed or just like SAI it does not have much fire power.

Sometimes specials work and sometimes they dont, i always comes to the balance and how well they are done (or how well they are tested).

That is exactly why turttle has low normal armor but good side armors, if enemy manages to destroy the main armor the ship and blow it up with some explosions its just like any other ship. It has same mechanics but has 2 extra components.

Dragonfly ins't realy special with its strong balloon since its armor is bad, and it is still vunerable to caronade and lumberjacks since its easy target.

I can understand that specials can broke stuff, however these ships dont have much new (even the armors in turttle are avoidable in fights).

However since these are just ideas, delopers can realy do what they want with them since my stats + ideas realy dont matter since they know their game better and can balance them better. However if some of these stats are good they can always test them with some players to see are they fitting to the game.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2015, 10:29:30 am »
Hello again!  :D

I always enjoy reading ideas for weapons and ships even if they are never added.

favourite ship has to be the dragon fly, it currently seems op with dual guns on front and back but if that where removed it or adjusted just right I feel like its unique and could have a place in the game. I have had ideas for a similar ship but never really refined it.

Turtle seems pretty neat too but the way it changes speed as it looses health is interesting but seems weird to me, I understand the reasons but the practicality and how it effects gameplay is hard to judge.

the other ships seem... I don't know like better versions of what is already in the game, or at least bigger.

As for the weapons
don't like the light cannon cause it does both pierce and explosive making for a boring and bad combination.
I don't think that a heavy piercing weapon is a good idea, it can be done but simply by adding a heavy piercing weapon you greatly change the dynamics of the game so it will have to be handled carefully.
the carronade already destroys balloon and components short range so the nailer has no job.
I like the crossbow.
Homing weapons can be fair if they are balance so I like those too
the heavy torpedo launcher is neat so I think something similar might work.
I like lasers and lighting for the sake of it being lasers and lighting  :P

Dragonfly balance comes from its balloon and armor, balloon is strong and the armor is made out of paper.
Its guns can shoot every direction BUT since its huge thanks to its balloon, enemys can just stay over them or under them.

Also since most of the longer rainged guns dont have much rotation angle, you cant aim in the front or back if you use weapon like hades, mercury.
Even weapons like flamethrover inst good if shooting in the front or back since the balloon will keep enemys bit more further away, so the flames cant reach the target.

I think that Turttle is unique because of its abilities, how ever these abilitys are also its demise, when it has both armors its too slow and when it does not have them its too weak and with 1 armor its good if capten uses the armored side.
Its kinda funny idea but if it would ever get to the game, it would need allot of testing before that.

SAI is tecnicly pyramidions bigger brother, but its also slower and bit weaker since it does not have much more fire power, armor is good but since components are far away from eacother it can bring allot of stress to the engineers.

As for the other big ships, they are balanced by slow speed or turning speed. I dont realy want to make OP ships but unique ones. 

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2015, 11:39:16 am »
Add a few new guns, and I'd like the turtle very much.

Pyramidion is the ramming ship because, well, it's the only ramming ship.
And Pyramidion isn't a really a ram ship either. It's more of a dual-front gun fighter plane.

Turtle could fill in a role as an alternative/dedicated ram ship. It's unique mechanic (which will need extensive balance testing) can make it a ram ship that gets more and more dangerous as it takes damage.

I really like that it only has one front gun. Pyramidion's two front guns makes it better to not ram. Turtle's heavy front platings, and thick broadside guns, makes it more desirable to ram.

I like it. I'd lighten the broadside guns. Maybe a light and a heavy. I'd be interested in what combinations would happen.

Offline omegaskorpion

• [CwG]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2015, 12:00:36 pm »
Add a few new guns, and I'd like the turtle very much.

Pyramidion is the ramming ship because, well, it's the only ramming ship.
And Pyramidion isn't a really a ram ship either. It's more of a dual-front gun fighter plane.

Turtle could fill in a role as an alternative/dedicated ram ship. It's unique mechanic (which will need extensive balance testing) can make it a ram ship that gets more and more dangerous as it takes damage.

I really like that it only has one front gun. Pyramidion's two front guns makes it better to not ram. Turtle's heavy front platings, and thick broadside guns, makes it more desirable to ram.

I like it. I'd lighten the broadside guns. Maybe a light and a heavy. I'd be interested in what combinations would happen.

While the turtle could effectively ram the swan is more better in that role (or sai, Ikazuchi and Dragonfly since they are safer when ramming)

Since ship like Swan has 2 heavy guns in front it would make better support when ramming, of cource ship like turtle would also do the job but its speed and turning speed would hurt if ship misses.

also the less armored the turttle is, the less weight is has, witch would make it worser at ramming.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 12:02:37 pm by omegaskorpion »

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2015, 01:10:17 pm »
While the turtle could effectively ram the swan is more better in that role (or sai, Ikazuchi and Dragonfly since they are safer when ramming)

Since ship like Swan has 2 heavy guns in front it would make better support when ramming, of cource ship like turtle would also do the job but its speed and turning speed would hurt if ship misses.

also the less armored the turttle is, the less weight is has, witch would make it worser at ramming.

You are the ship designer, so what can I say?

I thought that the plow head on the turtle was the armor plates. I think you mean the armor plates are on the side. I think it'd be better if the armor plates were on the front. For the purpose of my ramming. I really want turtle to be the ramming ship.

A ship that tanks in, opens with a ram, and then gives a decent broadside.

I like Swan and Sai, but I don't think captains piloting it will actively ram. I think Swan and Sai will be like how Pyramdions are; scared of ramming because you will lose the gun-arc (of the primary guns).

Turtle really has potential. The new mechanic of separate armor is a brilliant idea that I think other ships can employ.

What if we replaced the port-angled side gun on the spire with an armor plating? Give it a tower shield to give it the much needed survivability? And can we see this armor plating mechanics on certain co-op bosses?

With the turning speed:
To me, part of ramming is getting punished when you miss. High maximum velocity, low acceleration. Plot an intersect course, accelerate, and hit like a ballista. A ramming ship should be like a projectile.

A perfect ramming ship would be weighty, fast, and maneuverable. But then, a perfect ramming ship would be overpowered. A light ship or a slow ship would be useless at ramming (Squid and Galleon). So a good balance is to make the ship less maneuverable.

An acrobatic, satisfying dodge should be the counter against ramming ships.

Again, I love the turtle. I'd like to see the plow-head be the armor plating. I'd love to see your new guns. I want to see a non-paired gun varieties. Whenever there is a single light gun, its a flame. Tesla and the Nail Gun are varieties I want to see.