Author Topic: Ship Idea: Barge  (Read 6253 times)

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
Ship Idea: Barge
« on: October 21, 2014, 10:05:47 pm »
It has been a very long time since Muse has come out with a new ship, granted with the current selection they have pretty much all bases covered. Still I have put some thought into ship designs that I feel would be able to fill a certain niche role not currently covered, or simply add variety with ships that would be fun to crew.

SHIP: BARGE
TYPE: BROADSIDER

Manoeuvrability:
More manoeuvrable than the galleon but still a relatively clunky ship.

Durability:
slightly less armour and perma hull than the galleon but still a lot. Balloon is on the bottom and sides of the ship eliminating one of the galleons primary weakness and giving the ship a lot of survivability.

Fire power:
2 heavy guns and 2 light guns total. One on each side Bearing 90, and 270. The light guns are used to support the heavy guns, being more manoeuvrable than the galleon means it can switch sides a little easier, making up for its lack of firepower.

Unique features:
-Balloon is on the bottom with a metal shield protecting it from the front, there are side balloons that can also be hit
-Two large smoke stacks and compartments protect the primary engine making it only hittable form the front and rear.

Advantages:
+heavy and light gun combinations are very powerful and the ship is manoeuvrable enough to keep others in arc when using raven claw.
+To hit the balloon you have to be level with its weapons
+Easy to maintain the ship

Disadvantages:
-Heavy guns stand out and are easily disabled from any direction
-poor chasing ability due to slow acceleration and lack of front gun
-Balloon may be on the bottom but heavy gun, Balloon, and turning engines are all together making it vulnerable to Heavy carronade gunner that knows where to aim.
-long run from one heavy gun to the other when switching sides

Here is a rough floor plan of how the ship could be laid out

Here is a side silhouette of how the ship could look unique

Offline Bronzium

• Salutes: 11
    • [HMCS]
    • View Profile
Re: Ship Idea: Barge
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2014, 12:02:34 am »
Hmm, seems a bit much like a Mobula, but nonetheless looks like a nice ship design. :)

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2014, 07:59:59 pm »
Looks to me to be more of a reverse junker.

Not sure what new role it's have... just a lighter Galleon and a heavier Junker?

Unique, nonetheless.

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2014, 09:38:51 pm »
Looks to me to be more of a reverse junker.

Not sure what new role it's have... just a lighter Galleon and a heavier Junker?

Unique, nonetheless.

yeah maybe more of a long range junker with more fire power not sure it kinda falls between galleon and junker, which I thought would be neat.

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2014, 12:40:32 am »
Would it be strange if I said that I had a dream of being on that exact same ship a few months ago? Strangest coincidence...

Offline SirNotlag

• [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2014, 08:31:12 pm »
Would it be strange if I said that I had a dream of being on that exact same ship a few months ago? Strangest coincidence...

Lol I do believe that is very strange indeed. The design for the ship is rather generic though :P.

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2014, 09:41:58 pm »

Lol I do believe that is very strange indeed. The design for the ship is rather generic though :P.
Yeah, in my dream the differences were the hull and piloting were swapped and there was a raised portion in the back deck. I guess great minds think alike.