Author Topic: New weapon: Scrap gun  (Read 3533 times)

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
New weapon: Scrap gun
« on: July 10, 2014, 10:03:06 pm »
A light harassment gun. This idea actually came to me when playing the goldfish how i wished there was more light guns with massive horizontal arcs that could be used easily in bifectas on the goldfish and squid, that could easily be jumped on and do some damage even if wasn't a lot.

SCRAP GUN
TYPE: LIGHT

arcs: 70 horizontal, 5 down, 30 up
damage type: piercing and flechette
damage overall: not a lot it can do on its own but with its wide arcs and fast rotation speed it can be used to add alittle additional       damage against an enemy ship whether you want their balloon down or armour.

Range: short to medium
projectiles: just bullets that act like the chain guns
clip size: about 16 shots
fire rate: 1.2 per second

Advantages
+fast rotation speed to quickly point at the enemy
+great arcs
+fast reload so its got consistent damage and very quick to start shooting
+easy to use
+damage types let it help out with almost any other type of weapon

Disadvantages:
-so little damage it cant do much on its own
-fairly short ranged

Unique features:
-Look at those arcs 70 DEGREES!!! artemis aint got shit on that gun!
« Last Edit: July 10, 2014, 10:09:04 pm by SirNotlag »

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
Re: New weapon: Scrap gun
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2014, 12:15:24 am »
This fills a role very similar to the light carronade. And the description is practically what a carronade is. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carronade

Offline SirNotlag

• Salutes: 17
    • [Bj&H]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2014, 10:19:40 am »
I actually figured this would be filling a role similar to the carousel rockets because of its piercing damage, that job and role being to deal light amounts of damage easily and in wide arcs. While the carousel can deal that damage to almost any component thanks to the fires it starts this gun would fill the role by dealing direct damage.

I imagined it doing much more piercign then flechette to help distinguish itself from the carronade because giving it piercing and shatter  just makes it too similar to the chain gun. Also unlike the carronade i don't see this one able to pop a balloon on its own if they have a good engineer but with its wide arcs and longer range than the light carronade it could be a good compliment to a blender fish as one of its light side guns to help the heavy carronade break the balloon and hull armour to get the kill.

Offline RistoH

• Salutes: 4
    • [─┼──]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2014, 01:51:30 pm »
So flareguns arc and turning speed, small damage but somewhat effective with other guns. Sounds great actually.