Author Topic: Only 3 rematches remaining...  (Read 42872 times)

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Only 3 rematches remaining...
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2014, 06:10:51 pm »
Anyways back on the topic of limiting rematches..

Any thoughts on this idea for a compromise?

How possible is it to change the rematch system to something more like...

Well first I assume currently its simple majority.. if 51+% of the people in a lobby want the rematch the game rematches right? maybe..

If that's the case.. what if for every rematch after the third the % of votes needed goes up so.. If a lobby is really good it will last longer by virtue that people are voting for it to rematch.. but it will still eventually end.. Even if its simply just 10% per rematch.. that would be up to 7 rematches.. Before you need everyone to vote yes to keep it going.. 50% for match 1 and rematch 2-3.. 60% for rematch 4.. 70% for rematch 5.. 80% for rematch 6.. 90% for rematch 7..and 100% for every rematch after 8..

Lobbies will probably still end after 3 in general.. or not much beyond.. If the mass leaves I see after many matches and rematches is an indicator of how many voted..

Offline GreenBreeze

• Salutes: 9
    • [HASH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2014, 07:47:29 pm »
This isn't a place where anything gets solved. This isn't a place of ideas and excitement. This isn't a place of solution and critical thinking.

Wow, apparently my ideas about what an open forum should be are completely wrong. A forum is defined as "a place or opportunity for discussing a subject". Apparently we are free to discuss amongst ourselves, but it makes no difference at all in the end. What is the point then?

I have only posted a handful of times and each time it was a well thought out post with a cohesive argument that took me a considerable amount of time to type up and prepare. The only reason I took this time out of my life to convey my concerns and share my experiences is because I like this game and I want it to thrive. I was under the impression that MUSE cared and wanted to know, but it is evident to me now that this is not the case.

A forum allows you to answer questions in a manner that the entire community can benefit from because the knowledge is shared. It is also less work on MUSE staff. You can answer a question once rather than have to answer the same thing 30 times in individual e-mails.

I still hope that this game improves and next time I log in I might have a fun experience, but after this I am done wasting my time posting on a forum that is not a place where anything gets solved, isn't a place of ideas and excitement, and isn't a place of solution and critical thinking. I guess I will just turn a blind eye and either I will like the end product or I won't. I can take a hint, my input does not matter so I will stop wasting my time and keep my ideas to myself.

Good Luck

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2014, 05:20:30 am »
Okay, let me be the devil's advocate for a minute (no offence Keyvias ;) ).

Actually he told this once either in a mail or on fireside chat that forum, because it's public, make people more emotional and more, say, one-directional about their thought and ideas and that's why it's not the best way to discuss some important matters on players-Devs line. For that we have personal 1 to 1 mails which are also just better for the Devs because they can be forwarded. Keyvias can read a mail and go "Oh, this is a bug, sending it to engineers. Oh, this is a graphical idea, sending it to graphics..." etc. I think Keyvias may have been a little harsh (well, it's understandable I'd say) but 'I think' he meant that forum is too emotional and too public place to really solve the problems between players and Devs.
But! What remained untold was that forum is great player to player thinking tank. And that's basically what I do: when I have an idea I write about it on the forum and if it gets positive responses I send it to the Devs. If not, I just forget about it and move along.

Keyvias brought up actually a good point.
So, here's my greatest issue.  The idea that old lobbies were balanced is simply not true, even with scramble the number of times teams would get completely trounced was very often.
You may not have experienced it, but that's because you guys have friends and are the pros.

I'd say that solid majority of people on this forum has over 1 000 matches played so regardless the level we pretty much know what is going on in the game. I've heard voices of less experienced people that 1.3.7 was better but we can't be sure whether they are representative for such group. Please, if someone who feels that belongs rather to noobs than to pros (no offence) let us hear your opinion.

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2014, 06:04:57 am »
Last time I you hear my opinion, I heard I'm a hater, I exaggerate (well, partially this IS true, but I feel there's a reason) or that I know nothing about this game (yeah, Imagine, ya basterd, I'm talkin' 'bout ya) and thus I should shut my mouth.

So I'll keep my mouth shut.

I'll only say, that 3 matches limit before rematching is absolutely a stupid idea from players perspective. The crews that ain't enjoy game tend to leave, so rematching becomes a bit pointless, and those who enjoy the game and have time to have fun would rather stay in lobby with same people, same opponents, etc.

Offline shaelyn

• Salutes: 73
    • [◉‿◉]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2014, 10:51:46 am »
we can return this conversation to the 3-match limit if you’d like, Caprontos, but the thing is, the devs implemented to compensate for the fact that we don’t have the player base to support the MM.  so…we need an alternate way to support MM if we’re going to get rid of the match limit.
and I’m going to point this out too: returning to match list is another band-aid - just as much of one as hiding the levels and adding this limit.
matchmaking is where GoIO’s heading.  I do see the day when we have the player base to support it and it works as intended.  but we’re not there.  the match list limitation is a temporary fix.  hiding the levels is a temporary fix.  returning to match list is a temporary fix.  it’s all the same.  bring back the match list may serve the player base better right now, but since it’s a temporary change, and a BIG temporary change at this point, I…would actually rather see the small changes like the match limit.

if you just take the match limit for what it is, yeah, it's a stupid idea.  if you bring matchmaking back into the conversation, it's a compromise.

Offline sparklerfish

• Salutes: 124
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • DJ mixes and original tracks on SoundCloud
« Reply #65 on: November 14, 2014, 10:38:46 pm »
ARGH AGAIN LOBBY JUST BALANCED ITSELF AND THEN... 1 rematch remaining.

This is the worst thing.  I joined with two rematches remaining, played a sort of balanced game, then a couple people joined and rearranged and the lobby was beautifully balanced.  Would totally love to keep it going... but... AGKFFHJDSIKFJDSAGKJDFGHKJADSEFRD why the HELL!!!!!!!!!!

I've made my arguments already but I wanted to express my frustration YET AGAIN that we have to be forcibly removed from balanced lobbies in order to preserve "balance".

Offline Caprontos

• Salutes: 17
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 14, 2014, 11:22:24 pm »
This was the answer to my suggestion from a feedback email on my above suggestion..

That idea definitely has a lot of merit and would solve I think one of the major issues I had with our old rematch system (players not voting and constantly looping matches.)

Let me talk to our database manager and see if we have any record of what players voting looked like so we can scale it effectively.  I worry about a 50% start vote means very few matches would ever be rematched.

Thanks so much for this awesome idea. I'll check it out and see if we can make it workable, we may even be able to bring unlimited rematch if people 75% or so constantly vote for rematch.

So maybe permanent "good" lobbies can be a thing.. and more generously then I figured possibly... While still limiting lesser lobbies that people don't care enough to vote for..

But we'll see I guess..

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #67 on: November 15, 2014, 04:00:18 am »
...Can we just get an option that would, by a vote, transition a matchmade lobby into a custom lobby, and also get an implemented match list for said custom lobbies? This would totally clear up a few frustrating issues. Also, matchmaking should restructure a crew around the player with the highest number of matches played, but to a certain extent, so that experience is sort-of factored in by cramming it sideways into the equation.