Author Topic: The Skies have no Limit  (Read 271971 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: The Skies have no Limit
« Reply #135 on: July 17, 2013, 01:06:29 am »
Wild Winds Inn

Coming back to the table, BdrLine sits back down and addresses the others.

"Plasma is in, he is just looking for people to crew with him. But in the mean time we should head back home to resupply and get our weapons."

Tommy
"Sound like a plan."

Courage
"So when are we leaving."

Taking out a pocket watch, BdrLine calculates the time needed to get back to Anvala.

"If we leave now, it will take at least hmm 30 or so hours."

Tommy
"That's with moonshine and full throttle?"

BdrLine
"Yup."

Tommy
"*whoo* Thank you for modifying those engines, be a pain if we were to work constantly fixing them."

BdrLine
"And that's why you guys love me when it come to my engineering."

Charles leans closer to Courage and whispers.

"Especially when it blows up in everyone's faces."

This causes Courage to snicker at the comment, which BdrLine didn't hear.

BdrLine
"Alright let's get back up, the sooner we get back here, the better in catching the Birdman."

The four them move back upstairs to their rooms and commence to pack their belongings. Double checking if they left anything, the leave and head back down to the lobby where BdrLine pays off the rooms. As they leave the building, BdrLine calls out.

"Plasma we will be back as soon as we can."

Docks

Loading their bags down in the hold, the crew of four starts preparation to lift the Goldfish out of the docks and into the air. As the tie lines are released, the Starlight rises out and moves away from the airship docks. As soon they are away from Cathedral, BdrLine maxes out the engines and start to inject them with moonshine. Normally all of the engines have to be constantly watch by engineers so they won't break under the pressure, but with an old pre-world schematics that was found almost a year back, they can run fully without breaking giving more time for crusing.

Offline Cowboy Spike Spiegel

• Salutes: 4
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 18, 2013, 02:17:34 am »
-Wild Winds-

After the small exchange of words about pay Spike would give a nod to Plasma. He'd join in on the crew and he'd be damn ready too. Spike always took a bit more than just his repair kit. Slowly he slides out a metal case from under his chair and opens it revealing the pieces to a long rifle that could be disassembled. Inside it were also two pistols and ammo for all the weapons. This man was a real cowboy and he knew how to take bounties. He'd been doing it for years. He inspects and cleans the guns innards and outsides giving them an almost shiny glow. He also ran some nice oils through the barrel and polished the handles. They had been recently used on a flight through the canyons which Spike almost lost his life in. He was the pilot of that ship...the Bebop. This is why he wants the cash. He wants to rebuild his ship for his previous crew.

Spike
"There we go...My boys are all ready for flying."

Suddenly a pair of boots hits the stairs with a resounding creak following them as a burly man with a mechanical arm walks down the stairs and looks to Spike who's just finishing with his guns.

Jet
"Hey Spike, got us any bounty heads to catch yet?"

Spike
"Actually Jet, yeah I did. That is if the captain is up to having you on his ship."

Spike quickly puts away his guns and closes his case as Jet comes closer and takes the chair next to him.

Spike
"Ay, Plasma! Did I get that right? I've got another crewmate for ya. One of mine, best damn gunner on this side of the world. His name's Jet. by the way you never caught my name I'm Spike. Bounty Hunter, Engineer and previous Captain of The Bebop. Too damn bad we got shot down over the canyons."

Spike speaks giving out some titles, hoping to have caught Plasma's attention after he finishes with the customers.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 18, 2013, 04:06:41 am »
--Sky over Middle Plains--

The Griffinheart was put on a constant speed and Lyre rested, leaning on the helm, while Gareth and Michael put up a small table on deck and laid down a map.

Michael
"So, the contract said Zardis was either in or around Dragontown, here."

He pointed to Dragontown on the map.

Gareth
"Ahh, Dragontown, do you remember what happened last time?"

Michael
"Yeah... I've tried to forget."

Gareth
"That was a good old time."

Michael
"I almost got shot."

Lionel
"I almost lost an eye!"

He called over from the bow of the ship, where he was tinkering with the front mounted harpoon.

Gareth
"But you didn't, and that's what matters."

Michael
"Hmmm, if you say so."

Gareth
"Either way, I doubt we'll run into those goons again."

Some time passed while Gareth and Michael poured over the map and Lyre played with the eagles, throwing pieces of bread over the side and letting the eagles swoop down after them, picking them up and dropping them back into Lyre's hands. Hector was tinkering with the engines, while Kay was practising badass ways of drawing a pistol, often spouting cheesy lines to the thin air before drawing the gun.

Lyre
"So what's Dragontown like?"

Gareth
"It's a city of shadows."

Lyre looked at him, puzzled.

"If you're ever in need of some mercenaries or less than lawfully acquired intelligence, you'll find plenty of it in Dragontown. It's the perfect place for a fugitive to hide out and never get caught."

Lyre
"We should have no trouble though. The problem is these Yeshan highborns don't know how to navigate the underworld."

Just then a thought struck Michael that made him plant his palm firmly on his face.

Michael
"This is a Yeshan contract."

Gareth
"Yeah, what do you mean- Oh goddamnit."

Lyre
"They still want us caught."

Michael
"Alright, it's not a huge deal, I'll handle all the transactions, they don't care about me."

Gareth
"This might be more interesting than I first imagined."

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 18, 2013, 04:13:16 am »
--Wild Winds--

He watched, as a large man with a metal arm walked down the stairs, he was fairly muscular and imposing, nothing he hadn't seen before. Of course he'd hate to have to go against a man like him, he was just lucky they were on the same side for now.

Newt
"Well that's not something you see everyday, so back to this "friend" of yours, who were they?"

Alex
"Ah, a story for another day, it's painful, but someone has to remember it."

Newt
"Hehe, I'll hold you to that."

He picked something up and dropped it, gathering the attention of everyone in the inn.

Newt
"Sorry bout that!"

He picked it back up, it was a large bottle, which thankfully didn't shatter.

Alex
"Is that a bottle of Firnfield Gin?"

Newt
"You bet, when you tell the story holler and I'll pull out the bottle."

Alex
"Deal."

He just grinned and went back to cleaning glasses. Alex was more transfixed by the metal arm this "Jet" had, before he knew it he already blurted out a memory.

Alex
"I remember back when I was serving in the Firnfield militia, a colleague of mine had his arm blown off during a pirate raid, he got a metal one and used it play jokes on people, tying it to ropes touching people with it, crazy bastard even took it off and used it to fight a pirate, thankfully he was left handed so losing his right didn't really do much."

He went back to his drink, without even noticing that every eye in the Inn was looking at him.

--Tattered Air Dock--

Phillip was watching the entrance to the facility, in the corner of his eye he saw something and aimed his rifle at it, only to see the team returning.

Phillip
"You're back! Did you find anything?"

they walked on board the ship and grabbed one of the modified chain guns Alex kept around.

Phillip
"Wait, why do you need that?"

Dalhia
"Some crazy shit went down, and to answer your question, yes we found something, and no, you're not clear to enter, unless you want to help us rid this land of some deadly creatures, stay here."

Phillip
"Yaaa, you go do that, I'll just watch the door and make sure nothing gets through."

Behind them Richard walked up with his pistol, he was also carrying some explosives.

Richard
"I take it you found something that needs pure extermination?"

Travis
"You got that right, apparently something went down in the past, ended up in the creation of these crazy dog creatures, we've got to kill the brood mother apparently."

Richard
"All right, lets do it."

He looked back to the remaining members of the crew.

Richard
"Lorena, you're in charge, please keep the ship in one piece till we get back."

Lorena
"Got it, you should stay safe, dad'll kill you if you die."

Richard
"Somehow I think he'll resurrect me and then kill me again. We'll be back."

The four of them entered the facility, and the door closed behind them.

--Tattered facility--

Richard
"So where is this Brood Mother?"

Dalhia
"Bottom floor, other then that I don't know."

Preston
"What do we do when we find it exactly, and what if there is a nest? What do we do about that?"

Travis
"We've got explosives, and we've got the access code for the room incineration, we should be able to take care of anything."

The walked to the open room where the terminal was. The doors were still blocked and the vent was still open.

Travis
"Give me a moment."

He grabbed a piece of sheet metal that was lying against the wall and began to weld the vent closed, after a few moments he was done. While he was doing that the others had cleared one of the door ways.

Dalhia
"We should take this one at a time, if we don't find anything we'll seal the door way again and try another."

They entered through the door way, and began searching for a way down.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 18, 2013, 10:39:58 am »
--Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma waves BdrLine out the door before turning his attention back to Jet and Spike.
He listens with interested attention, nodding his head gravely.

Plasma
"So you were the folks on the Bebop. I heard about that. Nasty piece of business. Still, I heard it was a spectacular chase. But let me see..."

He fumbles around in the clutter for a moment, shifting deals and bank draws out of the way before producing another contract identical to the one handed to Spike from the bottom of the pile. He slides it over the desk to them.

Plasma
"If you can hit a bird at 150 meters, we're good. Welcome to the crew boys."

Suddenly Newt appears at the edge of the counter, bemused urgency written all over his rugged face. He nods to Jet, both men dwarfing the other two, and then turns back to face the counter and an expectant Plasma.

Newt
"You had better be careful, she's got it in her head that she's going with you."

Plasma
"Not...!"

Newt
"You should see her, deck out in full uniform and a quite stylish hat if I say so myself. Watch yourself. I've not see you say no to her yet. If she comes back with a scratch on her..."

Plasma gives him a dismayed, hurt look with a strong undercurrent of alarm.
Plasma
 "What makes you think I'm going to-"

But Newt is already walking back to the bar with a wave. Plasma sighs as the door marked Staff Only is thrown wide, and Emily marches through. She is wearing a sort of military uniform of deep blue and white, trimmed with gold here and there. The tricorn hat set upon her head is a match for the one Plasma wears when not indoors, but trimmed with a matching gold thread and much less worn. She stomps over to the counter and glares at Plasma.

Emily
"I'm coming."

Plasma
"No."

Emily
"And do you propose to physically hold me back?"

Plasma
"Will I have to?"

Emily smiles at him, sweet and full of venom.

Emily
"Of course not. But it would be so easy to find my own crew, a willing ship, and simply happen to take the same route as you. But you wouldn't want me on a ship full of criminals and bounty hunters, would you? At least, not one up to your high moral standards."

Plasma gazes at her, defeated. He shuffles a few papers with unnecessary violence and grudgingly slides the third contract over the counter to her. She takes it without a word and disappears back behind the Staff Only door.

He turns to Jet, Spike, and the others gathered around the trade counter.

Plasma
"Sorry about that. I don't know what's gotten into her..."

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 18, 2013, 01:27:51 pm »
--Dragontown--

In a busy street in the centre of town two Yeshan soldiers walked down the road, one of them holding a wanted poster in his hand. Every so often they would pull over a random passer by and question them on the location of the Dacrain Wolf, to no avail, for he had hidden himself well. On the outskirts of the street another man was leaning against a wall and reading the day's paper until a hooded man approached him and nudged his arm, before gesturing toward the Yeshans.

Hooded man
"Since when was Dragontown under the blue veil?"

The man lowered his paper and adjusted his glasses.

Man
"It isn't, but you wouldn't have thought as much, the amount of them that are marching around."

Hooded man
"I can't believe the city authorities allow this."

Man
"I don't think it's very wise to stand against the Empire."

The hooded man ignored him and walked into the middle of the street, where he was immediately stopped by the soldiers.

Soldier 1
"Halt! Have you seen this criminal?"

The second soldier held up the poster.

Soldier 2
"He's wanted for charges of murder, theft and treason."

The hooded man examined the poster while thinking fast and deeply. Until he decided on a course of action.

Hooded man
"Err... No, no I have... err, never seen this man in my life."

Soldier 1
"He's lying."

Hooded man
"No I'm not!"

The second soldier put the poster in his pocket and punched the hooded man in the stomach, causing him to buckle over, before being grabbed from behind and dragged into an alley way, onlookers looking on all the while. The soldiers shoved him up against the wall and one pulled out a gun and held it to his still concealed head.

Soldier 1
"Where is Zardis Dacrain?"

Hooded man
"I've no idea who that even is."

The second soldier pistol whipped him.

Soldier 2
"We've dealt with many scum through our service, but of all of them, you're the absolute worst liar."

Hooded man
"Maybe that's cause I'm telling the truth."

Soldier 2
"I've had enough of this."

He cocked the pistol.

"Do you really think it'll matter if we kill you."

Hooded man
"W-wait! I'll take you to him."

Soldier 1
"So you were lying. Knew as much. Lead the way."

They relinquished the man and he took them out of the alley to a gathering crowd of people. They ignored the crowd and were led by the hooded man for around five minutes to an abandoned warehouse.

Hooded man
"He's in here. He has no help so there won't be any resistance."

Soldier 1
"Thank you for your 'cooperation'."

The two guards strode into the warehouse, leaving the hooded man outside. If only they saw the smile plastered on the man's face, beneath the hood. He spoke quietly to himself.

Hooded man
"Idiots."

Just then the distinct gurgling sound of slit throats emanated from inside. Then, a man and a woman exited the building, bearing bloody knives and wearing black coats with a wolf embroidered in red on the breast pocket. And behind them they pulled out the bodies of the Yeshan soldiers. The hooded man then removed his hood to reveal short dark hair and a platted moustache.

Zardis
"Will these bastards ever learn?"

With a final note he spat on one of the soldiers and ordered for them to be discretely dumped somewhere out of sight.

Offline Cowboy Spike Spiegel

• Salutes: 4
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 18, 2013, 04:59:23 pm »
--Wild Winds Trade Counter--

Jet
"We know what it's like. The one of our crew that's like that is upstairs."

Spike
"One of the things I hate most... Kids, animals, and women with attitudes."

Spike chuckles before looking to the stairwell as a woman in yellow leather shorts and top with attached straps walks her way down wearing some sassy boots with slight heels.

Jet
"Speak of the devil... You get your beauty sleep Faye?"

Faye
"You bet your ass I did."

Spike
"Good. I found us a little assignment, not sure if Cap here has room for ya though, we've already got another gal of his that seems a bit too much like you."

Spike and Jet both chuckle while Faye began pouting at the two of them, stamping over to the group. As she closes the distance to the counter she gives Plasma a sultry look.

Faye
"Well aren't you cute?"

Spike
"He's not for sale Faye. I'd be careful I don't want a cat fight 'round here."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 18, 2013, 11:45:02 pm »
Starlight

Somewhere between Ramad and Pila, BdrLine's Goldfish continues cruising at its top speed. And the monotony of flying and the sandy landscape starts to get to the crew. On the helm, Tommy has both arms stretched in front of him inbetween the rungs of the wheel, leaning forward. On the main deck, the two ex-Anvalan Defenders looks over the railing into the landscape staring, staring just for anything to happen. Finally, right on the roof of the cabin of the ship lies BdrLine with his hands on his hair looking wide eyed at the balloon. Having enough, he crawls to the front edge of the cabin and calls to Tommy.

BdrLine
"How long have we been flying???"

Rolling his eyes and groaning, he yells back.

Tommy
"Bdr, it's been around nine hours. And like you, we are all bored."

Turning around and looking back up

BdrLine
"Fate of the world at stake, and we are bored out of our mind just to get our equipment."

Tommy
"We know. You know what, see what the other two are doing, it'll have something for you to do."

Sighing, BdrLine turns around on his stomach and pushes himself up. Grabbing a line, he slides down to the main deck behind the two men. Still staring out in the distance and oblivious to BdrLine's presence, a michevious grin comes upon his face. Silently moving away from the, and towards the hold, BdrLine rummages around and takes out two pans and goes back to them. Standing behind the two, BdrLine raises both arms, holding a pan in each hand, and was about to slam them together until Charles spoke.

Charles
"Don't think about it Bdr, Juts because we can't see it, doesn't mean we don't know what you are up to."

Startled, BdrLine leans back and loses his balance, dropping the pans on the ground. Chuckling, the two turns around and sees their friend. Courage then lends a hand to him, which BdrLine accepts.

Courage
*Chuckling* "For a Yeshan, you are really not stealthy."

Standing back up and brushing off the dust, BdrLine looks at his two compatriots.

BdrLine
"Oh haha, I'm can be stealthy when I need to be."

Charles
"Apparently not right now."

Turning and laughing, Courage raises a hand which Charles gives a high five. Groaning, BdrLine looks to the helm.

BdrLine
"Are we there yet?"

Leaning still on the helm, Tommy gives out a bored answer.

Tommy
"Noope"

BdrLine
"Arrrgh, yo- jus- , Courage, take out the tarp on the merc and load in some rounds. Need to vent out some frustration."

Liking the idea, Courage goes to the ships ammo storage and brought out a box of the special ammunition to the Anvalan Mercury. Pulling out the tarp, Charles looks over the weapon and opens the breach and grabs a round when Courage returns. Loaded, BdrLine goes to the trigger and looks through the scope. Eyeing a sand dune in the distance, he takes aim and fires.

The round soars through the air as the report from the howitzer echoes around them. Still looking at the target, BdrLine spots the round hitting the target as the dune explodes, scattering sand everywhere. Satisfied, he gets off the gun and looks at the other two.

BdrLine
"So you guys want to shoot one?"

Looking at each other, the two shrug and loads a round and fire away, before spending the rest of the rounds in the ammo bucket.

Somewhere En Route to Chang-ning

The three stolen ships still flies towards their destination. Back on the radio, the Birdman calls in the two transport ships with the Zhao merchandise from Cathedral.

Birdman
"So, I assume you arrived in the city."

Radio
"Yes sir, we are just waiting at the docks for your arrival."

Birdman
"Excellent. We are almost to the our hideout. Once we drop off our, merchandise we will be arriving soon."

Radio
"Roger."

Silencing the radio, the Birdman looks out from the stolen Cathedral Militia Goldfish to the transport with the stolen prototype engines, he sees his engineers tinkering away trying to solve their properties. Coming up to the cabin, his second comes towards him.

Man
"Sir, ten minutes and we are at the hideout."

Turning to him, the Birdman goes to the helm.

Birdman
"Good, go and radio the place to prepare for our arrival."

Nodding, the Man goes to the radio and dial in the hideouts frequency. A few minutes of chatting with one another, the Man puts back the receiver to the set. Out in the distance, what seems like a normal cliff face starts to move and rumble as a camouflage metallic door opens. Flying in the open hanger, the three ships land as the huge door closes behind them. Climbing down the Fish, the Birdman walks and sees the sight before him. Behind him, men starts to move to the transport ship and remove the engines. Overseeing the removal, the Man turns to look what the Birdman was looking at.

Not taking his eyes off, the Birdman says to the other Man

Birdman
"Let the workers take care of those. I want you to hail the other ranking members. Once finished, you'll be overseeing the completion. I'll be away to my appointment."

Man
"Yes sir,"

As the Man turns and move to another part of the hidden building, behind him, many workers are working on a big and dark project as only the light of the wielding touches can be seen. Folding his hands behind his back, the Birdman mainly says to himself.

"The world will see again the power and wrath of the Birdmen."

Laughing evilly, he moves to another ship, a Galleon this time with no markings, and boards the vessel. Finally aboard, the ships crew then starts her and and moves out the hidden door. Flying towards the Empire's Capital again, the Birdman looks out forward with a grin forming under his mask.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 21, 2013, 02:41:53 pm »
Narrator

The day turns to night as both BdrLine's and Gareth's ships cruise in the dark towards their separate destinations. Out in the Tattered Falcility, Richard and his group continues going down trying to locate the Brood Mother. In the City of Cathedral, normality tries to return after the attack on the Rocket Race, but a suspense of fear comes over the City as the Militia and Council tries to figure out the cause. As for Plasma and the others in the Inn, it comes as a busy day as business continues through the day.

End Narration

End of Day 7

----------------------

Start of Day 8

Narrator

The sun rises over the horizon as a new day starts. Much of the group are spread out going on their own adventures. Still flying west, Gareth has crossed the majority of the Burren and is close to Dragontown where his search for his bounty. On another search, the group inside the Tattered Facility, Richard and the others finally made it to the bottom floor, and stands in front of a giant metallic door where they assume the Mother is hold. Finally approaching the City, BdrLine and others prepare to land in the docks of Anvala.

End Narration

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: July 21, 2013, 03:24:09 pm »
--Sky northeast of Dragontown--

Michael
"I can just about make Dragontown out in the distance."

He took away his spyglass and put it back in his pocket, before walking up towards the helm, taking over from Lyre, who was starting to walk normally again, while she took a seat on the map table.

"...Should be a few hours before we make dock."

Gareth
"Sounds good, gather round people."

The crew gathered around and Gareth spoke.

"We all remember what happened last time we were in Dragontown."

All the crew, other than Lyre, nodded.

Lyre
"Look, what happened?"

Gareth
"It's really not important, just... A word for the wise, don't play games with the Dragontown underworld, it won't go well."

Lyre
"Don't mess with powerful crime lords? You know you don't need to tell me that."

Gareth
"Well, anyway, when we get there we'll still need to find Zardis. Michael, you and Lionel will go reef around the local taverns. While Lyre and I'll go check on some contacts. While this is going on, Kay and Hector will mind the ship, this city is hardly a safe place to leave a ship unattended."

The crew all nodded to express their understanding. And Gareth began to walk away until he turned back.

"Oh and, err, bring a gun or two."

--Dragontown military district--

Meanwhile, in the military outpost of the city, the Yeshans were granted permission by the city's authorities to muster and house a large amount of troops, and the entire military district was practically swarming with Yeshans, much to the disapproval of the locals. But the Yeshans cared not for the opinions of the locals, for they only cared that, should their plan go accordingly, Zardis Lang Dacrain would be in custody by sundown.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: July 21, 2013, 03:31:13 pm »
--Tattered Facility--

Before them stood a massive door, over polished and over decorated, whoever built must have had a fairly large ego.

Richard
"You know, I don't think I was expecting this."

Preston
"Gaudy door, useless door, over priced door." he was mumbling over varied obscenities toward the door.

Travis
"You have to admit though, the door looks pretty cool."

Preston
"I mean, yeah sure it looks cool, but what purpose does it serve at the bottom of some decrepit facility in the middle of nowhere, where people can't appreciate its beauty."

Richard
"I get what you're saying Preston, but this is unknown beauty, not everyone knows about, it's unspoiled."

Preston
"But beauty is meant to be appreciated, no matter what form, it can't down here."

Travis
"But we are appreciating it, right now in fact."

Preston
"But others can't, are you telling me that we're going to take random trips down here, just to look at a door?"

Travis
"Ok that is a bit overboard, we won't be taking trips to a door, but other people can and will find it, it may be years till the next person finds it but at least it still exists."

Behind them a gunshot echoed about the room, they didn't even looked surprised as Dalhia came over with a smoking rifle.

Dalhia
"Right are you three done proposing to the door, if not I'll give you four a moment alone while I go kill more of these grazer hounds."

Preston
"See what you've done Travis? You've made the bridesmaid angry!"

Richard
"Hey, we still have wedding plans to make, so get cracking."

Dalhia
"I hate you guys so much sometimes!"

She stormed over to the door control panel and typed in the access code they were given earlier. The door hummed, first it cracked open, a shaft of light breaching the opening, then the door slowly opened, flooding the room with blinding light.

Travis
"Beautiful....."

Richard
"I've never seen anything like it!"

Preston
"Oh it's so overwhelming!"

the door reached it's apex and the light burst obscuring all for just a moment before it faded, a hallway revealed before them.

Richard
"Right, on we go."

--Tattered air dock--

A massive grinding noise could be heard echoing from the facility, it was loud enough that it woke up the remaining crew members.

Lorena
"Oi..... sleepy heads."

Reynold
"Yes my lady?"

His speech was long and drawn out, he was clearly out of it, like he was every morning.

Lorena
"Keep an eye on the door, if anything tries to kill us, please wake me up."

Reynold
"Hehehe yes my lady."

Phillip
"Sometimes I wonder about his mental state, Reynold, I'll keep watch, just please keep yourself out of trouble."

Reynold
"Hehehe, ok my lord."

Before they could do anything, a flare from the facility soared skyward, breaking everyone from their stupors.

Reynold
"What the hell was that?!"

Phillip
"I'd rather not find out, it might attract ships from all over, so be careful."

Lorena
"No need to tell me that, I'll keep an eye on the engines, you two watch the skies."

The crew went about their duties, preparing for whatever could hope to take them, inside the 4 encountered labs, labs, and more labs as they continued their trek towards the brood mother.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: July 22, 2013, 03:01:48 am »
Anvala

Just a little into mid-morning, the Goldfish and crew arrive into the airspace of Anvala. After the seige with the Barons, much of the City was in despair as multiple buildings were destroyed and crumbled into rubble. But with resources coming in from both Dandy Lions and White Lotus Trading Companies, reconstruction lasted in a speedy six months as many of the citizens rallied to improve after the major battle.

Entering the visual range of the surrounding Flak batteries, a two plane formation comes towards them and form on either side of the ship. On its tail bears a panther symbol of the City's Winged Air Corp, founded by an inspiring pilot.

Knowing what todo, BdrLine moves back to the cabin and changes the radio frequency. Static can be heard until a crisp voice comes over.

Pilot
"I see you guys came back after all that holliballo in Cathedral. So got anything good that you brought back?"

BdrLine
"Yeah, but not for you or the other fly boys *chuckles*. Besides, we are just hear to reapply and head straight back, got a job that needs to be finished."

Pilot
"hmm, sounds like you lot wants some piece of those bastards that hit the Featival?"

BdrLine
"Yup, and it's really personal."

Pilot
"Alright. Well you guys know what's up. We will fly you guys in."

BdrLine
"Roger, we are preparing for landing as well."

The two planes then leads the Goldfish to the Western District of Anvala where from above, one of the ports looks like it has a giant black stain. Going a little south from Port Tar Barrel, the planes break off and continue to patrol the perimeter of the City with the reconstructed Anvalan Fleet. The ship then continues on and lands in the familiar docks know to the four.

As the crew shuts down the machinery and fasten down the ship, the pilot who brought them in changes his setting on the radio and calls in someone.

Pilot
"Hello? Hello, anyone there?"

Nothing was heard until shuffling comes from the radio and a Female voices come through.

Female
"Hello, yes? You guys got anything?"

Pilot
"Sheesh for an Elite, you worry too much for one guy."

Female
*threatening* "Don't make me go to the airfield when you land."

Behind the pilot, his rear gunner snickers at the comment made to his partner. Annoyed, he elbows him on the back of his head.

Pilot
"Alright, just don't wind me up like a pretzel. Just came to call in that's they are back..... Umm hey, Althea? You there?"

Again silence is all that they heard as the two don't realised that no one is inside the radio room of the Burning Skies Saloon, and the occupant had already left. Shrugging, the pilot changes back his frequency and forms back with his patrol.

Sprinting towards her boyfirends docks, Althea can see the outlines of his Goldfish from the docks entrance. Coming off the ship, she spots four figures walking towards a group of dock workers where they proceed to remove their luggage and items from the Festival, and begins loading ammunition. Going into a quick walk, Althea then comes up behind BdrLine.

Seeing her coming this way, Tommy, Charles, and Courage takes one step back from BdrLine, who is currently talking to them. Seeing them move away, he eyes the three.

BdrLine
"What's up? Looks like you guys saw deat...."

He didn't have time to finish his sentence as he is spun around by Althea. Surprised, and happy to see her, BdrLine was about to open his mouth to speak, but was met with a big slap to his face.

SLAP

Everyone in the surrounding area turn to see what caused that slap and spots the pair. Not wanting to be in the middle of the two lovebirds, people in proximity to the two starts to move away.

Seen walking off towards to the Saloon, Tommy and the other two speed walk off and can be heard.

Tommy
"Bdr, we'll see you at the Saloon. Looks like you need to reacquaint with someone. Bye."

All that is left now is a little fumed Elite and a stunned Yeshan engineer. Althea crosses her arms as she stares and waits for an answer from him. Finally moving a hand to the affected area, BdrLine removes it and switches between looking at his hand and her.

BdrLine
"Owww. Nice to see you again sweetie."

Althea
"Oh don't you 'sweetie' me. Why didn't you call."

BdrLine
"What do you mean? I told you the guys and I would be fine on this trip."

Althea
"Well did you guys foresee that attack that happened when you were there."

Coming to a realisation, BdrLine forms his mouth into an O shape as he finds out that she was worried about him. Looking closer through her tough demeanour, he spots that she was holding back some tears. Closing the distance, BdrLine then pulls her in a tight hug. Surprised by this, she was about to push him off, but he holds on to her tighter, until she gives and hugs him back. A few minutes in the embrace, Althea loosen the hug and looks up to him.

Althea
"Sorry I snapped at you, is just that after the news came about the attack. And that you didn't called back, I was worried that... you know"

BdrLine
"I know what you mean. But here is something to make up for it."

Letting go, BdrLine swings his satchel around and opens to pull out a rectangular box. Althea looks at it inquisitively as BdrLine opens the box and pulls out the necklace that he bought from the Festival. Surprised by this, she moves both her hand to cover her mouth at the simplistic beauty of it.

BdrLine
"Here, let me put it on."

Althea quickly turns around as BdrLine brings the necklace over her head and places it on her neck. Once he finish attaching it, she looks down and brings it up for her to see closely. Happy about the gift, Althea spins around and pulls him into a kiss. Breaking it, she wraps her arms around his neck.

Althea
"Thank you, come on, let's meet up with the others. John and Allen are bored out of their minds without the rest of the guys and are terrified of me. *smiles*"

Shaking his head with a smile, BdrLine takes her hand and they walk back to the Saloon.

Chang-ning

Sitting in her office, Captain Zhao, looks through the amount of paperwork given to her. Sighing, she signs off many documents and statements until her hand feels numb. Occasionally, she looks out of the window and yearns to go flying with her crew. She sighs again as she is stuck with office work.

Shifting through more paperwork, she come across the report for the takedown in Dragontown. She shakes her head as she reads about the number of men and materials needed.

Sometimes, I don't know what the upper brass are thinking. This is way too much just to crackdown one man. If I was running it, it would be me, my crew, and her sister ship. *sigh* I soo want to get out of this office.

She then lies her head on to her desk a little too hard as the material on top of it moves a little. One of the items that moved was her name placer, which she spots and picks it up.

Seriously, I thought they changed this. How many months married and they still have my Fathers last name on this things.

Her train of though was interrupted as the phone on her desck rings. Grumbling, she calms herself before picking it up. Instantly her mood changes on who was on the other line.

Ny-Lee
"Hi dear, didn't expect for you to call."

Roland
"Well I though I should say hello. What are you up to?"

Ny-Lee
*groans* "Im up to my waist in paperwork. You don't know how bad I want to get out with my crew, or even better yet, spend time with you. So how's the Saloon holding up?"

Roland
"Still trying to figureout how Yiski made his Hellfire. Which.. caused another incident, but it did turn out into a new drink."

Ny-Lee mentally laughs as, since her older brother's last visit, Roland has been experimenting with different ingredients trying to figureout his father's mixture to the iconic drink. In the end, it wouldn't turn out how it was suppose to be, but on the positive note, each failed attempt means another successful brew.

Ny-Lee
"Glad for you. Now remember again, carefully with that loch powder, we don't need to buy another still. Oh wait hold on."

Just then knock comes upon her door.

Ny-Lee
"Come in."

The door creak opens and a man pokes his head in.

Man
"Hey there Cap."

Rolling her eyes and a small smile appears on the corner of her mouth at the antics of the Petty Officer at the door.

Ny-Lee
"Yes, what is it Su?"

Petty Officer
"Well Ma'am, the technicians are here to upgrade the lighting for this building. And everyone is giving the rest if the day off for them work. They want everyone gone in thirty minutes."

Ny-Lee
"That's it?"

Petty Officer
"Yes Ma'am, I'm going around telling others."

Ny-Lee
"I'll be out in a few then."

Giving a nod, he leaves the door to tell the rest in the building and Ny-Lee goes back to her call.

Ny-Lee
"Sorry about that, but good news, I got the rest of the day off. Want to spend it together?"

Roland
"You know I would. Let me lock up."

Ny-Lee
"I'll pick you up them. Bye honey. Mwah."

Roland
"Mwah."

Ny-Lee then place the reiceiver back onto the casing and retrieves her belongings. Stuffing the last of her things in a suitcase, she leaves her office and locks it behind her. Going down a flight of stairs and passing the technicians, she moves to the parking lot to her vehicle. Part of being in the Military, having rich parents, and being in a economic boom fraction, the majority of the urban population can afford automobiles, but having special privileges and her connections, Ny-Lee has one of the better models. Placing her suitcase in the back and the keys in the ignition, she starts the auto and drives out of the base and towards the massive market place of the Capitol where her husbands saloon, The Crimson Skies Saloon, is located. At the front, she sees him and stops in front. After getting in, they shared a quick kiss and drive off as they chat to figureout their remaining day.

Unaware to them, what seems like a normal galleon arrives into the city and lands in one of the docks. The Birdman, out from his normal attire for normal clothes, is greeted with the party who arrived days earlier with the Zhao merchandise? After leading him to a warehouse, it's doors open and three trucks, two holding the merchandise the third with mercenaries, leave the docks onto the street heading towards the richer part of the city.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: July 22, 2013, 06:11:45 am »
--Dragontown, Charred Drake tavern--

The Charred Drake tavern was undoubtably one of the most popular watering holes, serving it's own speciality beverage, "Ember's venom", which no one knew exactly what it contained. And legend has it the tavern owner, known as Cuelebre, came up with it by randomly putting ingredients together and boiling it. Either way, the drink is a success, known for leaving it's consumers with little memory of it the following morning.

Gareth and Lyre entered the Charred Drake while the eagles stayed outside. It was only midday so the bar was not in full merriment. They strode up to the bar and Gareth leant over to Cuelebre, who spoke in a gruff, yet strangely merry voice and was dressed in a dark grey coat, embedded with a few colourful metal buttons.

Cuelebre
"What'll you be having then? Ember's venom?"

Gareth
"Actually, we're not looking for drinks."

Cuelebre
"Oh really, then what are you looking for?"

Gareth leant in even closer and discretely slipped Zardis' wanted poster into Cuelebre's hand, who then looked at it, before glancing into the corner of the room to see a few off-duty Yeshans relaxing. He beckoned at Gareth and Lyre to follow him and called over an employee to mind the bar. Cuelebre took them into a back room and locked the door, before taking a seat along with the two.

Cuelebre
"So you want the Dacrain wolf, why?"

Lyre
"To capture him."

Cuelebre
"Why?"

Lyre just looked confused, before Cuelebre spoke again.

"...Because, the Yeshans must have a good reason, mustn't they."

Gareth
"I don't care much for reasons. All I know is, this guy's got quite a bounty."

Cuelebre
"That's quite interesting. Last time I checked, so do you two. In fact."

He got up and walked over to a wall that was covered in layers upon layers of wanted posters, clearly not having had a clearing in quite some time. He removed a few posters to reveal one behind with a picture of Gareth and Lyre on it. Gareth suddenly became very uncomfortable and cautious. He rested his hand over his pistol, which Cuelebre noticed.

Cuelebre
"See, I'm not going to turn you in. I've got no reason to, and I don't trust Yeshans."

Lyre
"You're connected to Zardis, aren't you."

Cuelebre
"Maybe I am."

Lyre
"Why, why are you on his side?"

Cuelebre took out Zardis' poster and unfolded it, reading allowed.

Cuelebre
"Wanted for charges of murder theft and treason. Now, based on my contacts, I know full well that this murder refers to a handful of guards, hardly treasonous. So how can theft be seen as treasonous? Maybe Zardis knew something they didn't want him to, maybe he took something they'd really rather he didn't, maybe say... a letter full corrosive secrets. Now that could very well be twisted into treason."

Gareth
"A contract's a contract."

Cuelebre
"Come on, you seem like smart people. Do you really think this is the right thing to do? Just think for a moment. Think of what the contents of that letter could be. Think of what could happen should Zardis be caught. Trust me, I'm not lying when I say lives hang in the balance."

Gareth got up and walked towards the window, looking out of it across the road at three Yeshan soldiers smoking, while, overhead, a Yeshan ship came over the building.

Gareth
"Where is he?"

Cueble smiled and tore up the poster.

Cueble
"The docks, warehouse 2G. But if you want to find him, you need to move quickly. I've heard rumours of the Yeshans preparing an assault."

--Warehouse 2G--

A small, weaselly man walked through the main room from the back room, towards the door. He looked to his right to see Zardis sitting on a chair poring over a letter with a magnifying glass. From where the weaselly man was he could still see the Yeshan crest stamped on the bottom of the letter. He continued walking through a few piles of junk and weapons and engines until he reached the door. After he exited the warehouse he removed his black, wolf-engraved coat to reveal plain clothes, on which, on the chest, bore the crest of a crane.

After walking through town a bit he arrived on a main road to meet a Yeshan soldier, who looked at him expectantly.

Weaselly man
"Warehouse 2G."

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: July 22, 2013, 01:46:15 pm »
--Wild Winds Inn, Cathedral--

The bar had been reasonably quiet.
The regulars had come and gone, sealing trading deals or privateer contracts, or in a few cases jobs of considerably less legality.
Plasma spends most of his time with Spike, Jet, and Faye, playing cards and losing money while dogging the daggers periodically springing from Emily's eyes. He never stakes enough to make a fool of himself, but manages to lose enough to remind him how terrible at games of chance he really is. They discuss the past and future. Incidents in Anvala, and the fate of the Bebop.

LLoyd stands behind the trading counter, handling most of the contracts, occasionally calling Plasma back from his drink to handle a particular contract or customer. Eventually he finds himself at the bar, exchanging tales with a rather scruffy man. Several empty mugs sit in front of them, and they are both pulling heartily from half-full pints in hand.

Plasma
"And so...so we're running right? Down the corridor. And I suddenly remember, I remember: 'Where's the captain?'. And they stop, and look at me. And I'm just standing there, repeating myself, right? 'Where's the captain', I said. And so we turn around, we turn around, right? And she's standing right behind us! All covered in blood, calmly holding a spanner, and she just looks at us, and she, she says, 'Back to your posts, Gentlemen.' Just like that! Calm as you please!"

He takes a deep breath, recovering himself.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: July 23, 2013, 03:21:33 pm »
--Dragontown, warehouse 2G--

Gareth
"This should be it."

He and Lyre stood on the relatively abandoned dock, looking at the warehouse, which itself looked deceptively lifeless.

Lyre
"How do you suppose we enter? I doubt Zardis will trust us immediately."

Gareth
"Maybe we could just- oh no..."

Just then the two saw Michael and Lionel running up to the door of the warehouse with guns drawn, taking position on either side of the door, apparently oblivious to Gareth and Lyre.

Michael
"On the count of three. One... Two... Th-"

He was whacked on the back of the head by Garuda, while Roc flapped in Lionel's face.

Gareth
"WAIT!"

Michael was about to shoot wildly behind him had it not been for Gareth holding down his gun, while Lyre stepped in front of Lionel.

Michael
"Gareth? What was that for?"

He put away his gun and rubbed the back of his head, clearly in pain.

Lionel
"We were just about to bust Zardis."

Gareth
"How'd you know he was here."

Michael
"We may have paid off a certain crime lord for the information."

Gareth
"With what money?"

Michael
"Err, some of the money we'd get from the bounty."

Gareth planted his palm firmly on his face and keeled over, leaning against the wall.

Lionel
"Not that much, and the bounty does pay us a boatload."

Gareth
"That's the point."

His voice was muffled by his hand. Lyre patted him on the back reassuringly as Michael's expression became one of confusion.

Lyre
"We're not going to take Zardis."

Michael
"Why?"

Lyre
"Because, possibly, it could be by far more profitable to not."

This did not appease Michael's confusion yet.

Lyre
"We'll explain the details later. All you need to know is that there's a huge other side of the story than what Yesha is saying."

Lionel
"So what? We're just gonna enter all friendly?"

Gareth had recovered from his anxiousness and grabbed the door handle.

Gareth
"That's the idea. After me."

Lionel put away his gun as Gareth turned the handle and opened the door, to be greeted by Zardis Dacrain pointing a shotgun at his head, backed up by two more henchmen, armed with pistols. Gareth immediately put his hands in the air and nudged for the others to do the same, while the eagles hid behind their legs.

Zardis
"Who are you, and what do you want?"