Author Topic: The Skies have no Limit  (Read 270946 times)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
Re: The Skies have no Limit
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2013, 08:44:35 pm »
--Sky Runner, East of Cathedral--

Cathedral was in sight, they would be home, Preston would make it, and Alex was most likely going to kill Richard for being several hours late, along with Preston being injured, he didn't have much to help his case.

Richard
"I am so dead."

Lorena
"Could be worse, Da could throw you into an engine."

Travis
"That sounds painful, personally I would light him on fire but that's just me."

Reynold
"You guys aren't thinking about this hard enough, hang him upside down over a fire, don't actually burn him but it would cause him to roast to a painfully slow death."

Dalhia
"You guys can't be serious! Everyone knows you bury him neck high in sand and let the dunes bury him under their ever changing sands."

Richard
"Why do I even bother?"

Phillip
"Don't know, personally I just feed you the worst things on the planet until you gave up and starved yourself."

Richard
"Uhg, never mind."

--Cathedral City Center--

Alex was out and about, looking for various materials and tools for his newest scheme, a mounted Hwacha pod, it wouldn't be as large one, considering all he needed was the firing pods, but it was going to be a toughie to mount it so the missiles didn't impact in the hull of the craft.

Alex
"lets see here, hmm."

He looked over the various nuts and bolts, he took a few that looked feasible and examined them.

Alex
"These'll do it."

He haggled with the shop owner for a bit, gaining a good price and some interesting relationship with the shop owner, he tossed a coin at him before walking out of the shop. The town had more or less recovered since the rocket race, people had been more outgoing and willing to be less paranoid, of course the guard had gone through some notable changes, mostly the uniforms, until recently the guards uniforms had been more formal, now however more and more guards were patrolling in lighter body armor over said uniforms, mostly leather with some iron and steel in increasing numbers. He was almost done for the day when he saw a giant blue bird following a man with a slight limp.

Alex
"Looks like those two on the Griffinheart aren't the only bird fanatics."

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 07, 2013, 03:46:01 am »
--Cathedral streets--

Gareth and co. walked down the streets of Cathedral with Zardis, who was covering his face with his hood. But this had the added side effect of making him look extremely suspicious, even if people did not know his identity.

Gareth
"You know, I don't think people are going to recognise you."

Zardis
"You can never be to sure. For all we know, the streets are crawling with Yeshan informants. Don't worry, I'll remove the hood once I know I can trust not to be ratted out."

Lionel
"Whoa! What the flak is that?"

Gareth looked back to see Lionel glancing down a street at a wounded man, followed by what seemed to be a massive blue bird. Gareth, and the rest, stared at it for a bit before Gareth shrugged, looking up to a rooftop to see both Roc and Garuda looking at it too.

Gareth
"Absolutely no idea. Looks Chaledonian, but I'm not sure."

Zardis
"Let's keep going."

They continued on for a while until they reached the Wild Winds Inn and entered.

--Wild Winds Inn--

As they entered, Lionel, Kay, Hector and Michael went off to sit in the corner, while Gareth, Lyre and Zardis went up to the counter. Gareth leant over to talk to Newt.

Gareth
"The, err, Dacrain Wolf bounty. It's off now."

Newt
"Err... alright."

He looked appraisingly at Zardis, who had his head turned away, looking very agitated.

Newt
"Is your friend alright?"

Zardis
"I'm fine. The bounty's finished. The Yeshans gave up on m-HIM."

The freudian slip was enough for Newt to work out, and Gareth and Lyre both seemed to realise Zardis' mistake too. Newt reached over and pulled back Zardis' hood, revealing the back of his head. Zardis knew he was found out and turned to face Newt, showing his rough features and distinctive moustache.

Newt
"Zardis Lang Dacrain, "The Dacrain Wolf", the outlaw with a huge reward..."

Lyre
"Trust us, there is a reason. Just... don't act hastily."

Newt
"I won't. If you have a reason to harbour an outlaw, I won't question it."

Zardis nodded appreciatively and went over to a separate table, rather near the counter, then joined by Gareth and Lyre. After a while, Newt leant over to the bounty board and tore down Zardis' poster, before crumpling it up and tossing it away.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 07, 2013, 04:25:18 am »
--Wild Winds--

Alex walked in, with his stuff back at the warehouse he decided he needed a drink and the best place was The Wild Winds, of course he'd heard from some of the others that some saloon he couldn't remember the name of was better. He sat at the counter, Newt was as usual cleaning glasses.

Newt
"Whiskey?"

Alex
"Yeah, add a slice of lime, and maybe some ice."

Newt
"You got it."

Newt went about preparing his drink, he thought for a moment, apparently his ship was spotted in the area and was heading back, which was a major relief, though he also felt he should smack Richard for making him worry so much. He looked about the Inn, he couldn't see that newcomer from a day or so ago, whatever happened to him he couldn't tell. Continuing his scan around the room his eyes wandered to one of the corner tables, Gareth and co were back along with-

Isn't that Zardis? Haven't seen him since he helped smuggle me and Elena out of Yeasha, wonder how he got here.

The answer was quite obvious, seeing as he was talking with Gareth and his crew about something.

Newt
"Whiskey?"

Alex
"Ah, thanks."

Offline TrueQuaggan

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 07, 2013, 05:52:28 am »
-On the streets of Cathedral-
Quaggan gave up on his search, since anybody who he talked to seemed to not be willing to talk. He wondered if it had something to do with Nova.

Nova squeaked, but, given her size, it sounded much more like the bending of metal.

Quaggan:
"Look, I know you want to go out and play but I have to take care of some things. We'll never get you to Golden Island if we don't find a ship. Now, could you please stop nagging me?"

Nova turned her head in disgrace.

"Oh, don't be like that! You know I have to keep my eyes on you if you go out and I can't do that right now!"

The bird gave Quaggan a long stare.

"Well, I guess you're not that small anymore... Well...fine. But please, if you see anyone outside the city, don't scare them. People here have never seen Sereni before. Off you go!"

Nova took off with a small leap and a flap of her huge wings, nearly blowing Quaggan of his feet.

"They grow so fast.... Well, I better go back to the inn and see if anybody can help me get a ship"

The street in front of him was empty. No guards, no sailors, no women with their children. The grave silence surrounding Quaggan was outlined by the wind and punctuated by the sound of the man's boots. He looked behind him. Nobody there. He made a few more steps, and then stopped, listening for the sound of footsteps. He was alone, which was creepier than he thought it would. The city was just not made for silence.

He passed a dark alley, and was close to the inn by now. But then, without breaking the perfect silence, a hand grabbed him, covering his mouth, and began pulling him towards the alley. Quaggan bit the giant mass of muscles in front of him and screamed, only to be knocked unconscious by a blow to the head moments later. The scream echoed from building to building, reaching the Wild Winds Inn.

"Where the hell is the bird?!" said a rough voice behind him.
"It's a giant bird, damn it! Go find it, how hard could it be?" This time, it was a much higher pitched voice, belonging to a short man behind his brute.
"I heard they are pretty good at hiding..."
"Get out of my sight and search for it, idiot!" The little man demanded. "Or else you get NONE of the money! What are you staring at? GET OUT!"
"Uh..yes sir. Where should I put him, sir?"
"Minum and Salt will take care of it. Now GO!"
As the man left his boss, two more henchmen lifted Quaggan, and took him in the dark alley.
Their master grinned, as silence took back the streets of Cathedral.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 06:13:44 am by TrueQuaggan »

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 07, 2013, 03:33:32 pm »
--Outside Wild Winds Inn--

Michael and Kay were leaning against the wall and catching some fresh air, discussing anything from the situation with Zardis to guesses at the recipe for an Ember's Venom. But then they heard the scream coming from a few alleys over.

Michael
"You hear that?"

Kay
"Sounds like a rough up."

Michael
"let's check it out."

And with that they went off in the direction of the scream, Michael keeping a hand on his holster. As they ran down the street Michael could just hear a passer by commenting on his half-burnt face, which he decided to ignore. They turned a corner to see, at the end of the alley, two men lifting the body of Quaggan and carrying it out of sight.

Michael
"HEY!!!"

He and Kay marched down the alley after them, before following them round the corner, both drawing their pistols.

--Wild Winds Inn--

Lyre
"I assume you'll need some place to continue the research."

Gareth
"We still have a room rented here, you could use that while we sleep on the Griffinheart. It's best you stay out of overly populated areas."

Zardis nodded to this idea and then took another scan around the room, his eye stopping on Alex. The face was familiar somehow. He rifled through his memories until he realised.

Zardis
"Alex!"

he got up and went over to Alex, before greeting him properly and shaking his hand.

Zardis
"I havent seen you since that disappearing act."

Lyre looked at Gareth and shrugged.

Lyre
"I guess he wasn't always hold up in Dragontown."

Offline TrueQuaggan

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 07, 2013, 04:27:43 pm »
-In a forest, near Cathedral-
Nova was upset at herself. She was surprisingly smart for a bird. She knew that eating too much raw meat gave her stomach aches. And luckily for her she knew which berries were poisonous. Sereni prefer eating fruit over animals, but, sometimes, you have no choice. She was sad now. She looked around from her branch. All of a sudden, her eyes widened, her wings extended, and she took off like a rocket.

There was a huge man, looking for something. He had a net launcher on his back, and a rather dangerous looking pistol on his belt. Despite this, he seemed to be scared. Extremely scared.

There was the sound of wood, snapping in the distance.

Clint:
"Who..Who is there?! I got a gun and I'm not afraid to use it! I'll get you, you dumb bird! You're nothing but a useless parrot, you hear that?" He prayed that it didn't hear him. He swallowed, and the looked around. Aside from the usual woodpecker, there was no bird in sight. He sighed.

"Maybe it was just my imagi...GAH!"

Nova soared through threes and bushes at an impossible speed. She was a blurry blue arrow, and Clint was the target. He reached for his pistol, heart pumping at inhuman rates, and just as he was about to draw it, the whole world faded. The blow knocked him back like a dynamite blast, launching him for two meters, before smashing his back against a tree. The enraged Sereni pondered for a while and decided that killing him would be too much of a favor. Flashbacks of her fallen kind were pushing her to end that fool's life, but she resisted. She was not like them. She was not a murderer. Nova gave the man on the ground one last pitiful look, and then she launched herself into the sky,  looking  for her master. She was uneasy. What she just felt was hurtful enough, but she sensed danger. Quaggan was not safe.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2013, 04:29:31 pm by TrueQuaggan »

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 08, 2013, 03:12:04 am »
Birdman's Hideout

After landing in the clearing, BdrLine and company goes through their hold and readies their equipment. Courage and Althea each carries a bandolier of loch grenades, while Charles carry a bag of explosives on his back and BdrLine have a medical kit in his. Grabbing magazines for their respective weapons, BdrLine goes back to the cabin to retrieve their rifles. Tossing the weapons to each of them, they load their weapons and move to the large door.

Courage
*whistles* "The lieutenant knows how to make an entrance."

BdrLine
"Yeah, come on let's head in and stay on your toes."

Charles
"Gotcha."

Courage
"Roger on that."

Althea
"hmm, always."

BdrLine gives a faint smile as he rolls his eyes as Althea smirks at him. The group of four cautiously walks down the corridor, and checking each room on the way. What they saw was usually the same, scattered around the rooms were bodies of dead and mangled metal from explosion. Putting her rifle over her shoulder, Althea pulls out her dual pistols and checks the rooms and bodies.

Althea
"Guess these guys had a surprise."

Courage
"How long is this carnage?" And Bdr, do we know where we are going."

BdrLine looks to them and his surroundings.

"I don't know, this place is much different to their science facility in the Guild."

Charles
"Was that the place where those... things you mentioned came from."

BdrLine
"Yeah, good thing it's long gone. ...Here I think this way."

The group exits the room they were in and makes a turn down into a hallway. As they walk down, they notice an opening to what looks like a hanger and quickly hides behind some crates as some mercenaries walk towards their direction. Waiting for them to pass, the pop their heads over to get a glimpse of the room.

On one side of the massive hanger is around a dozen of airships sitting in docks, while on the other side lies a small runway and a squadron of planes. What caught their eye was the towering object right near the middle of the room.

They quickly go down again and look at one another.

Charles
"The flak is that?"

Courage
"I don't know, but you see the size of that thing! Looks like it can wipe out an entire city."

BdrLine
"So that's why they attacked us at the race, they needed those rockets to lift that behemoth into the air."

Althea
"We need to take destroy it somehow. Charles, how much explosive you have?"

Taking his pack off his back, Charles lays the bag in front of them and opens it. Shifting through its contents, he mutters to himself about the amount needed.

Courage
"Hmm, This maybe enough, but we need to find a way to that thing without being spotted."

Suddenly they all freeze where they were as the giant hanger doors open and five ships fly in. Looking over the crates again, they notice that from each ship, a man in a Birdman attire walks off. The five of them greets each other before a courier meets them and leads them to the control room.

BdrLine
"Really? How many of these guys are there?"

Althea
"I don't know, but babe, besides the rocket, isn't there something else we are here for?"

BdrLine
"Right, my parents. Ok we will deal with that rocket later, now we need to find my parents and Plasma."

Nodding in agreement, they move away from their hiding spot and down the corridor again.

Back in the control room, Spike and his crew are overwhelmed by the massive numbers against them and are taken by Voxx and his men into the makeshift dungeon with the Zhao's. As Spike and the others are taken away, the door opens again and the five other Birdmen members walk in.

Birdman
"Ahh brothers, nice to see that you came."

One of the masked figures places a hand up to stop him.

(1)
"Enough, what's is it that you had your chief engineer contact us brother."

Birdman
"Come sit and I will discuss my plan to you all."

(3)
"What about him." *Points to Plasma sitting in a corner*

Birdman
"Don't mind him, he is under control. But please sit."

The seven of them, the Birdman, his Chief Engineer, and the others goes to a table in the control room and takes seats around the table.

Birdman
"Brothers, as we all are aware of our previous leader failed attempt to take over the Empire months ago. And that the Guild has disavowed us of our funding and knowledge of us after said attempt."

(1)
"Yes we know."

(5)
"No need to remind us, we barely escaped with our lives from the hunters they sent after us."

Birdman
"Yes it was a dark time these months were, even darker after that First Emperor ran our organisation out of the Empire. But I propose a plan, one which we can come out of hiding again and bring upon this world our teachings."

(2)
"Brother this is crazy, combined we have neither the resources or man power to do such a thing."

Birdman
"Oh, but we do have this."

He rises off his chair and goes over to the control table and turns on the lights in the main hanger. In a dark spot in the room, lights turn on and illuminate the LorTaR.

Birdman
"Brothers, let me present to you a weapon that can shift the power in this world."

Amazed, the five other members get off from their seats and moves to the glass window to stare out at the massive rocket.

(4)
"Brother, how did you manage todo this?"

Birdman
"Ahh old weapon designs from our predecessors that has been lost in our scattered archives, with this, we can have any fraction under our hand."

(3)
"So what's the intended target? Is it the city that ran our founders out, is it Chang-ning?"

Birdman
"No, something more different, out across the Burren lies a city where it is homed to the very people that thwarted us. My brothers, this is aimed at the City of Anvala."

(1)
"Why Anvala, we have a weapon that can maybe wipe out the Imperial Capital off the map right now."

Birdman
"Wait brother, as much as you all like to, there is more to it. If we launch this rocket towards the city, we would take out the worlds greatest marksmen in one blow. This will make our presence know again and each fraction will qwake with fear. Also, Anvala happens to conduct trade with a certain company in the Empire, and if Anvala falls, news will spread quick to them."

(2)
"But with Anvala having relations with the Empire, what would stop them from unleashing their forces against us?"

Birdman
"Oh I've got that covered, brothers if you look at this screen, we have something that the Empire will be in disarray if they lost them. Brothers the mighty Shen and Liu Zhao."

On one of the screens shows a bare room with two individuals huddles close together, the camera then zooms close to make out the faces more clearly.

(5)
"The most powerful couple in the Empire?"

Birdman
"Yes and with that, they will have to abide to our will."

(4)
"Brother, this plan is brilliant."

(2)
"I concur."

(1)
When is this plan going to be carried out."

Birdman
"Soon, first we must make final preparations to the rocket and contact those idiotic Imperial officials."

Somewhere inside the massive falcility hidden inside a cliff, BdrLine and others make their way down into the lower levels trying to locate BdrLine's parents.

BdrLine
"Man, this is like a maze, we could be lost in here."

Althea
"Shush, quiet. I hear people coming."

Going around the corner, Charles peeks his head out and sees guards leading a group of people down the hall. He notices that they all ad cuffs around their wrist. Turning back to them, he flashes hand signals telling what he saw. Understanding, Althea and Courage goes out from their cover and trails the group. Not understanding any of the hand gestures, BdrLine tilts his head in confusion.

Mentally face palming, Charles goes over to him and whispers.

"Spotted guards moving a group of prisoners, Althea and Courage, go and trail and follow. We will be behind them to watch their backs."

BdrLine
"ohh, ok"

Charles
"ju, just come on."

The pair then leave their cover and are a few meters behind Althea and Courage. The four then spends the next few minutes following the guards until they arrive to the dungeon. As one guard walks forward to unlock the door, BdrLine and Charles meet up with the other two.

BdrLine
"Do we take them out."

Charles
"Yeah, they did lead us to the dungeon, and I bet this is the liutenant's crew."

BdrLine
"Ok I'll go and take the two in the back with my blades. You guys move ahead and get the guys on either side. Once they are all gone, find the keys. Oh and not a peep."

Nodding, Courage, Althea, and Charles pulls out their knifes and wait back a bit as BdrLine moves slowly to the two rear guards. Extending his blades from his forearm braces, he slices them around the guards throats. As soon as the blades extended, the three then quickly move forward to the other guards before they had time to turn around to see the bodies dropped. Soon the rest of the guard detail was quickly dispatched.

As BdrLine looks for the keys on the leader, Courage and Charles go back to their hiding spot to,retrieve their rifles and equipments. Althea goes over to the door and looks inside.

Althea
"Bdr! Azn, I can see your parents inside. They look a bit rough."

Finding the keys, BdrLine then goes over to Spike and unlocks his handcuffs. He then hands him the keys.

BdrLine
"Here Spike, go and unlock the other, and grab the guards weapons, we may need them."

Nodding, Spike goes over to the rest of his crew and free them from their cuffs. Going over to the dead guards, they unbuckle their ammo pouches and pick up their rifles and pistols.

BdrLine then goes over to Althea and looks in.

BdrLine
"Mom, Dad, can you hear me?"

Liu
"Azn, is that you?"

Shen
"Thank Gods son you found us."

BdrLine
"Yeah don't worry, we are getting you guys out of here."

Shen
"I can't believe those Bird brains are back again."

Althea
"Don't worry Mr.Zhao, we will take care of them."

Liu
"Althea, is that you? I hope my son is treating you right."

Looking thought the keys, BdrLine goes red from embarrassment.

BdrLine
"Mother! I don't think this is the time."

Liu
"When it comes to you and your relationship, I think it's appropriate."

Smiling at the conversation between the two, Althea chuckles to herself as BdrLine finally found the right key and opens the door. As the doors open, Shen and Liu comes out and hugs the two of them.

BdrLine
"I love you guys too, but we need to get out of here."

As the group turns to leave the dungeon, BdrLine looks at Spike and his group and notices that Plasma is missing.

BdrLine
"Hey um Spike, where is Plasma?"

Spike
"He is back at the control room, apparently his friend that went along with us works for them. He got stab by her, we couldn't do anything as the man close the door between us and we got captured."

BdrLine
"ok, here you guys go back to the ships and take my parents with you. Take Plasma's ships and take them back to Cathedral and far from here. We will rescue Plasma and take those guys out  as well."

Soon alarms can be heard from the entire compound as, from his control room, the Birdman watches the whole escape from the cameras in the location.

BdrLine
"Go now!"

Nodding, Spike and his crew then leads Shen and Liu back to the entrance they came into while BdrLine and his crew stay back to find Plasma.

Chang-ning

Chong
"Ma'am I am ordered to watch over you and protect you, this plan of yours is highly dangerous.

Ny-Lee
"Well you can come as well, as I am going out to help my brother and look for my parents."

Still at the Zhao Manor, Ny-Lee is arguing with the Emperor Elite as she readies her gear to search for the Birdmen. Coming down the stairs, Huan clumsily walks down the steps in body armour borrowed from the security guards locker.

Huan
"Wait hold on, I'm coming as well."

Ny-Lee
"Huan sorry, but it be safer for you to stay here little brother."

Huan
"They got our parents and I want to go and rescue them."

Roland goes over to his brother-in-law and starts undoing the straps.

Roland
"Huan I think your sister is right. I know you want to go out and rescue them. But you have no experience in shooting and we have to watch over you."

Ny-Lee
"Wait, dear who says you are going as well?"

Roland *turns to her*
"You think I'm letting you go at this alone. We been through so much, and besides Yiski and Lauren, they are my other parents too."

Smiling, Ny-Lee goes to him and kisses him. It was then interrupted by Chong who clears his throat.

Chong
"If I can't persuade you to change your mind, I will split my team to go with you and protect your brother."

Huan
"What I'm not going."

Ny-Lee
"It's for the best, Huan I don't want to lose you as well."

Huan
*sighs* "Just come back with them."

Roland
"Don't worry, we will."

Ny-Lee
"Ok Chong, leave three of your men to watch over my brother. You and the rest of them follow me, we are going to the Aerial Docks on base."

Chong
"Yes Captain."

Ny-Lee, Roland, and Chong and the rest of his men load on to the truck they came on to the property and start heading to the Capital's central base. After driving through the city, the truck arrive at the entrance checkpoint, where they showed their ID and was let through. As they drive closer the the dock airships, the truck stops in front of twin Pyramidions. On the nose beak reads the names YIS Comet and YIS Lightning. On board both ships stands their respective crew doing maintenance checks. On board the Lightning, her captain is at the hull looking for any cracks. The group in the truck dismount and goes over to the two ships. Ny-Lee them goes over to the captain.

Ny-Lee
"So Commander, I see that you are maintains out ships, so how they hold."

The woman jumps at the surprise and turns to see her.

Syá
"Dang it Ny, scared the hell out of me."

Ny-Lee
*laughing* "Sorry Syá, couldn't help it."

Syá then looks behind her and sees the group of people.

Syá
"Um Ny, what's with this party?"

Ny-Lee
"Well we got mission todo, we are all going out to find my parents."

Syá
"I almost forgot about that, I'm sorry that they got kidnapped."

Ny-Lee
"Don't, I know who are behind this, we just need to got out and find them. One thing, we need you to carry part of out group."

Syá
"No worries, so when at we leaving?"

Ny-Lee
" Now actually, so is both our girls ready?"

Syá
"Ready as they can be."

Nodding, Ny-Lee turns around to the group and call over to them.

Ny-Lee
"Ok time to mount up, honey you will be with me on my ship. Chong, place half of you men on the Commanders ship, the other half will be on mine."

As both crews go about with the organisation, soon both Pyramidions are up in the air and flying out of the city.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 08, 2013, 03:43:51 am »
--Wild Winds--

Alex
"It has been years since I've seen your face, you got old."

Zardis
"And so have you, handsome as well."

Alex
"Can't say the same about you, now what are you doing here?"

Zardis
"Can not say, I have business to attend to though."

Alex
"Enigmatic as ever."

He looked over to the table, Gareth and Lyre where looking at both of them. He instantly remembered something.

Alex
"I must go, I have to meet a ship soon, we can talk again later though."

Zardis
"Indeed, though I don't know how long I can stay, business after all."

Alex
"At least stop by, I own a warehouse on the south docks, Newt can give you directions."

He pointed over to Newt who was putting away some glasses, he looked up at the mention of his name but shrugged and went back to work.

Alex
"It's been good seeing you again."

With that he exited the inn and set a course for the docks. Zardis Shrugged and went back to the table.

Zardis
"A good lad. I wonder what happened to that girl of his."

He gave a small chuckle before continuing the meeting.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 10, 2013, 03:01:38 am »
--Alley behind Wild Winds--

Michael and Kay rounded the corner quietly so as to avoid detection, and scouted the situation, Michael assessing the best course of action.

Michael
Four guys, one small, one large, both walking ahead of the other two. They look unarmed, as far as I can tell.

He gave the signal to Kay and they both crept up. As they got close, Michael accidentally kicked a bottle that was lying on the ground, causing all the captors to turn around.

Kay
"shit."

Michael was still close enough to get in a surprise attack and immediately darted forward, hitting one of the henchmen carrying Quaggan across the head with the butt of his gun, rendering him unconscious. The other henchman then let Quaggan's body drop and tackled Michael to the ground, making his pistol fly out of his hand. Kay then ran up and pulled the henchman off Michael, before swinging him around and slamming him into the alley wall. Michael caught his breath back and got up, but was immediately lifted up by the big man like he was nothing and thrown a good ten feet onto the ground.

He got up again and readied himself for the big man, marching towards him. The big man swung with his fist but was avoided by Michael, who ducked underneath the blow. Michael then blocked an attack from the other direction, but the force made him stumble all the same. He caught a glimpse past the big man of Kay wrestling with the other henchman, apparently trying to get him in a choke hold. While all this was going on, the little man at the back did nothing but try to heave Quaggan's body alone, unsuccessfully.

Michael, in examining the scene behind the big man, didn't notice the big man, who grabbed Michael with both hands, holding him still. Michael wriggled as hard as he could but he could not escape. With his rather heavy boots, Michael grazed his foot as hard as he could down the inside of the man's leg and stamped on his foot hard with his heel. The big man roared in pain but did not let go. Michael then, being held perfectly still, was able to lift both of his legs and make a huge kick to the man's stomach, knocking him backwards and letting Michael drop to the ground.

Kay then, apparently having incapacitated the other henchman, grabbed the same bottle lying on the ground from earlier and smashed the big man over the head with it from behind, knocking him out and also leaving a bloody scar. Michael then picked up his pistol from the ground and pointed it at the little man, who by this point had given up and was running away.

Michael
"Freeze!"

Offline TrueQuaggan

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 11, 2013, 04:07:14 am »
-In a dark alley, outside Wild Winds Inn-
The little man slid a little smoke grenade our of his pouch, and soon the whole alley was engulfed in a thick mist. When everything was clear again, Michael, Kay and Quaggan where the only ones left. That fact soon changed, because Nova joined them seconds after. She took a look around and saw two terrified adventurers, but she felt that they weren't the reason Quggan was hurt. They had their weapon drawn. She turned and gave her master a little push with her head. Quaggan groaned.

Quaggan
"What..what happened?"

Kay
"We rescued you from some kidnappers. Do you have any idea what they would want?"

Quaggan
"I do. They want Nova."

Kay
"Who?"

Nova squeaked. She tried to make it sound like a sound a normal bird would make. It didn't work.

Kay
"Oh"

Quaggan
"Female Sereni beaks look like they are made of gold. In truth, they are just shiny because of what they eat, since they come from a distant island with a lot of strange plants. This one may be the only Sereni that doesn't live there. There were many attempts to get their species out of their habitat, but they all failed. And people like those who kidnapped me would hunt them down anyways. Right now, too many bounty hunters are after her and I want to get her back to where she needs to be. Sadly, my ship was stolen."

The two recuers listened in silence, as Quaggan got up while saying his story.

Michael
"So what are you going to do now? Do you need any help?"

Quaggan
"Well, I really don't know how I'm going to make enough money for a ship."

Kay
"There's always some money to be made by doing some..well...risky jobs. You can find a few at the inn. There' a big board there."

Quaggan
"In that case, I need a few crew members."

Kay
"I don't think I can provide any help there. There's usually people at the inn. See if you find anyone willing to help."

Quaggan
"Well, that's it then. I'm heading there right now to get myself some money. Thanks a lot for saving me, I would probably be dead by now. You really are a bunch of nice people."

Kay
"Heheh, no worries. We couldn't let someone die and just walk away, right?"

Michael
"Exactly. Now we gotta go, though, see you around!"

Michael and Quaggan shook hands and then split ways, as Nova took refuge in the warm, cloudless sky.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 11, 2013, 05:35:50 am »
--South Docks--

He watched as his ship pulled into port, it's haggard crew keeping her running as they finally settled her into the docking cradle. The crew disembarked one at a time, tired from whatever they where up to, they didn't even have much in the way of salvage, he continued to look over everything when he saw the limp form of Preston being carried off by Richard.

Alex
"Richard, I'm going to ask very carefully, what happened."

Richard
"We got into a tough spot, there were these creatures and apparently they provided a major threat to the Burren, we took them out but Preston is injured and we need to get him looked at."

Alex sighed, it was a tough break for all of them apparently.

Alex
"Get him over to the Inn I'll see about a doctor, in the mean time I'd like to have a list of everything useful you managed to find when I get back."

Richard
"Aye sir, just so you know we wasted about 5 pounds of explosive taking out the nest and what not, we'll need to procure some more."

Alex
"We'll get around to logistics,"

He sighed again, heavily but with a hint of relief in it.

Alex
"I'm just glad you're all safe."

Lorena
"DAD!"

He barely had time to brace himself as 150 pounds of equipment and daughter slammed into him, she wrapped her arms around him in a desperately needed hug, he embraced her as well and they stood on the docks for a few moments, a few onlookers were wondering what was going on, but quickly moved on as a they also found themselves staring down a mortar telling them to "Let them have a moment why don't you." He let go and tussled her hair a bit before speaking.

Alex
"I'm glad your safe, now please please please, can you let go I have a doctor to fetch."

--Wild Winds--

Richard had kind of gotten tired of carrying Preston around but that was mostly due to muscle fatigue and not a lot else. He opened the door to the inn, Newt was on duty with Plasma and Emily going off somewhere apparently. Newt saw him approach before letting out a sigh.

Newt
"What's with all the wounded these days, 2nd floor 4th room on your right."

Richard
"Thanks, and if I could tell ya I would, people get hurt though and it's unavoidable."

Newt
"I'll have a drink ready for ya, what do ya want?"

Richard
"A whisky if you don't mind."

Newt
"I won't question your taste in drinks but what is with you and your friends with whisky?"

Richard gave a small chuckle before answering.

Richard
"It's a Firnfield Militia thing, pay less attention to it, also the captain is bringing a doctor over just so you know."

Newt
"Might as well higher a doctor onto the staff with all the wounded we get, it would make fetching a lot more easier, more like, Hey we've got wounded! Followed by a door opening behind me, a lot more efficient if you tell me, also alcohol poisoning would be sooner dealt with."

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 12, 2013, 11:34:28 am »
--Control Room, Birdman facility--

Plasma stares at the console, hand pressed tightly over the hole in his ribs. Every ragged breath causes him to wince and press harder against the wound. The thread of the conversation fades in and out of his racing mind. The three people the room at some point became a throng. Emily stands over him, leaning against a wall.

Suddenly a siren begins to blare, rising and falling in urgent warning.

(1)
"I thought you said everything was under control!?"

The color drains from the Birdman's face. The monitors show a group of people, two groups of people. One appears to be leading the prize prisoners to safety, while the others rapidly seem to be advancing on the launch room. His mouth moves but no words come out. His knuckles turn white as he grips the edge of the control panel.

Birdman
"...no. It can't be. How did those maggots...!?"

(3)
"I think it is time we left. We can make it to the ships before they get here."

The birdmen, hurry out of the room, making their way through the few mercenaries left to the launch room where their ships wait. The Birdman stands in stunned silence, while Emily walks over to the monitors to observe the progress of BrdLine's group.
Plasma experiences a sudden moment of clarity. While the two are distracted, he drags himself over to the launch console. The birdmen seem to have just made it to the room, while BrdLine's group is some way off still. His gaze plays over the buttons and levers. He pull the lockout lever and watches the hangar doors and all other entrances to the launch room swing shut. Emily whirls around, and swipes at the air. The knife thuds into Plasma's chest as his hand comes to rest on the large read LAUNCH button.

As he slumps against the control console, he watches the birdmen panic as fire and exhaust flood the bottom of the room. Then the rocket slowly climbs towards the still closed bay doors. He has just enough presence of mind to throw himself to the ground, watching Emily's boots as she sprints from the room. The Birdman is left staring through the glass at the doomed rocket.

The blast shakes the entire facility, ripping open hangar doors and shattering the thick pane of the control room. Nothing is left of the launch room save unrecognizable, charred wood and metal. BdrLine and his group pick themselves off the ground to find the small band of remaining guards running back down the corridor: giving the whole thing up as a bad job. 

BdrLine
"What was that!? Don't tell me they launched the thing!?"

Charles
"I don't think so. That was too much too quickly. They might have tried, and it might have gone wrong."

The group continues unobstructed to the control room. Everything inside has been blasted and thrown about by the force of the explosion. The Birdman lies writhing on the ground, smoldering but alive. Plasma seems a bit charred around the edges, but aside from that and the crimson pool originating from his body and spreading along the floor is... still alive.

BdrLine steps forward, slow raising a shaking pistol.

BdrLine
"This time, you won't be flying away, little bird."

A flash of brilliance and sound later and the defeated Birdman is no longer moving. The group grabs Plasma, who coughs flecks of blood onto the floor, and quickly exits the shattered facility. The sirens wail in futility as the ship takes to the air, following the Venucian might back to Cathedral.

--A bit later--

Plasma opens an eye to find himself bandaged, the whirring of engines filling his ears. Faces swim though his murky vision until he is surrounded by grinning familiar faces.

Plasma
"This is it. I'm dead aren't I?"

Althea
"Not quite, Lieutenant."

Plasma grimaces.

Plasma
"Long time no see, Elite. I haven't been a lieutenant for some time. Well shot of it I think. Military life never quite suited me."

« Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 12:03:12 pm by Plasmarobo »

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 15, 2013, 05:09:16 am »
--Warehouse, South Docks--

Alex
"Richard! Pass me the missile pod why don't ya!?"

The two of them, and Reagan (who had somehow found time off) had been working on their rocket craft they had kept around the warehouse, they were giving it some more combat ability for use in the field, which meant making sure the rocket pods didn't fall off.

Richard
"You know we could've made a profit on that Hwacha."

Alex
"We still have the heavy flaks you know, how did you not get a price on those?"

Reagan
"Inability to do proper paperwork?"

The room fell silent for a moment before they erupted in laughter.

Alex
"Haha, oh you're one to talk you know!"

Richard
"Oh remember the time she accidentally ordered the wrong ammunition types?!"

Reagan
"Oi, it was an accident after all!"

They once again laughed. After a few moments the laughter died down.

Reagan
"Anyway, how's Preston doing?"

Richard
"He was stable when I checked on him before lunch, which wasn't that long ago."

Alex
"Still, I'm worried about him, the four of us served together after all. No time to mope about it, Reagan, grab the spanner and hand it to me."

After a moment of ruffling through the various tools and trinkets in the tool box she finally found what she was looking for, a shiny spanner, she quickly handed it to Alex before replacing the ruptured fuel line. Richard was propping the missile pod in place while Alex was searching for the correct nuts and bolts.

Richard
"Found em yet?"

Alex
"Not yet, I'm going to check the residence, they might be in the bag still, I'll be back in a while."

He waved goodbye before shutting both the workshop door and the warehouse doors. For now however it was just the two of them. To say it was awkward was an understatement, the two of them hadn't had a real conversation since their divorce and even then there was some distaste for one another left over.

Richard
"Well it seems you two have taken a liking to each other."

Reagan
"Please, he wouldn't notice me."

Richard
"Heh, you got that right, I haven't seen him take an interest with any women, not even when we went out for drinks back in the Militia days. Hard to believe that ended 6 years ago, time flies."

Reagan
"Never took an interest in women? Hard to believe, you seem to have had it easy in that department."

Richard
"What makes him him does not make me me."

Reagan
"Yup, he's much more a gentleman then you are!"

Richard
"Oi!"

The two of them looked at each other, then in quick as a flash they laughed. Surprising considering.

Richard
"I haven't had a good laugh like that one."

Reagan
"Yup!"

The two of them sobered for a moment.

Reagan
"Hard to believe I was mercilessly antagonizing you only a few days ago."

Richard
"That pretty much sums up how I feel at this moment."

They sat in silence as they waited for Alex to come back. Once again the atmosphere was awkward yet this time it was more of a "How do I say this?" kind of awkward.

Richard
"Well if there's a time to say it, that is now. So, we cool?"

Reagan
"I guess so."

--Within The Streets of Cathedral, most likely some where near the Inn, which no one knows the exact location of, then again not needed--

Alex was walking back, he finally found the parts he was looking for, which somehow managed to get in the cutlery. He wasn't really paying attention when he ran in a person. The two of them managed to get back on their feet, Alex looked him over when he realized who he was.

Alex
"Ah, it's Captain Walker isn't it?"

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 16, 2013, 04:40:02 pm »
*Cough chough* "Damn dust"

Spoon kept coughing a bit more and swept his coat tighter around him. Chathedral was certainly one of the bigger cities he'd ever been to in his life, and compared to his recent time on the dunes, this was a welcome change. The city sprawled around him as he walked up the street. People walking, merchants hassling and children playing, certainly a good change from sand, sand, sand ...and the occacional raiding party he'd now been used to. The tractor hadn't been too hard to sell, and considering the amount of blood still drying on the hood he'd been lucky it'd been a quick affair.

Upon reminiscing how he aquired it he stopped and shuddered a bit. "Well mate, it was you or them, remember that.. They came for you, not the other way around"

As he continued his walk the coughing got worse and worse, and after a while he found himself outside an saloon. Realising he needed something for the troath he stopped, read the sign "Wild Winds Inn", and opened the door. He headed for the bar, ordered a drink and found a suitable booth to rest in for a bit.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 17, 2013, 11:27:25 pm »
Starlight, Over Endless Salts en Route to Cathedral

Flying at her top speed, BdrLine direct his Goldfish back to Cathedral. Over the barrenness of the Salts, the sun rises as they head east. A calming silence is observed from him as the four ex-Anvalan military personnel rest from the night's mission. Inside the cabin of the vessel rest Plasma as he recovers from his wounds with Althea watching over him. Down on the main deck, the other two find them leaning on a railing looking out at the rising sun with the wind passing through their faces.

As BdrLine looks forward, he starts to recall the recent events from entering the hidden falcility to rescuing his parents and friends to finally watching the final downfall of an enemy that's should have died out long ago. He also remembers that he help with that downfall when he shot the headmaster whereas the others burned from the explosion from the rocket launch. With BdrLine in a daydream state, he didn't notice Althea comes up behind him and hugs his waist while lay her head on his shoulder.

Althea
"So what you thinking about?"

Coming to, BdrLine turns his head slightly to look at her and with a smirk.

BdrLine
"Things."

Rolling her eyes, she pushes him lightly on the side. Laughing a little, he moves an arm and hugs her head.

BdrLine
"Alright, I've been thinking of the past events. *sighs* Finally they are gone for good. No more plots for world domination, schemes of sorts, or anything, now they are just dead, another thing put in history."

Althea
"I'm glad this is all over as well. So your parents alright?"

BdrLine
"They should be, Spike and his crew left with both of them before the explosion, so they should have a head start from us."

Althea
"Thats a relief. Here go take a little rest, you've been flying since we escaped."

BdrLine
"You sure? I think I got *yawn* this for a little bit more."

Letting go of her embrace, Althea takes a step back and places her hands on her hips and stare at her boyfriend. Looking back at her, BdrLine can feel the stare burning deep inside of him and nervously start to chuckle.

BdrLine
"I think you are right, I should get some rest."

BdrLine then leaves the helm where a smiling Althea pecks him on the cheek as he goes inside the cabin with Plasma to take a nap. Althea then takes the empty spot and continue flying east.

Comet

With a spyglass in his hand Roland scans the horizon for anything out of ordinary in the landscape. Throughout most of the night and into the next morning the twin Pyramidion Class ship survey the surrounding area since they left Chang-ning. As he scans the area again, Roland then spots smoke coming out in the distant.

Roland
"Honey look, straight ahead!"

From the helm, Ny-Lee squints her eyes and sees the many black smoke coming up from the horizon. Taking a receiver from the radio next to her, she calls Syá on the Lighting.

Ny-Lee
"Syá, you see smoke up ahead?"

Over the radio
"Yes we see it, looks like something big exploded there, think it has to be related to your parents kidnappers?"

Ny-Lee
"Maybe, come one we need to check this out."

The two ships they fly to the direction of the smoke. Once over the area, both crews stare in shock as there is a massive crater in the cliff side, but it's not the size of the crater that surprised them, what they see inside got them. In the crater they see a smouldering remains of a hidden base of sorts as metal parts are scattered inside as well as the surrounding landscape. Hovering over the hole, those who have optical devices looks at the carnage.

Taking a peek from a spyglass she took from one of her engineers, Ny-Lee looks at the remains of ships and the bodies lying dead inside. She then notices that on some of the ships a recognisable blacken emblem can be seen. She then gets a feeling that this might be the base the Birdmen has taken her parents. She then continuing scanning the exposed floor and sees that some of the bodies are draped in a differents clothing then the others, six in fact. But out of the six, five are charred and crisp, while the sixth one looks not burned at all. Looking closer, she makes an outline of a mask on his face, but with a bullet hole right inbetween the eye holes. Her feeling subsides as a realisation comes to her.

I think my brother did it. He found this base, rescued mom and dad, and finally put these guys into place. He did it.

Closing the spyglass and tossing it back to its original owner, Ny-Lee goes to the radio and changes the frequency.

Ny-Lee
"Captain Zhao to HQ, can you read me?"

Moments pass then a male voice can be heard from the other line

HQ
"This is headquarters, Captain may I ask why you and the Commander left the port without proper authorisation!"

Ny-Lee
"Sorry sir, it just that we received a lead to where the kidnappers have taken my parents. We are now over the site."

HQ
"hmm alright, I let this slide since this is dealing with your parents. So Captain did you retrieve your parents?"

Ny-Lee
"No sir, it looks like they have been taken else where and we are in pursuit. But we need a team here to investigate the kidnappers base."

HQ
"Ok tell me the coordinates and I send in a squad."

Ny-Lee
"Make it more like a platoon, this base look much bigger on the inside. But here are the coordinates."

She then tells over the radio the numbers for the area they are in.

HQ
"Coordinates recieve, we'll send in the party as soon as possible. Now you told me that your are in pursuit of who has your parents."

Ny-Lee
"Yes sir."

HQ
"Captain, we want you and the Commander to rescue them as soon as possible."

Ny-Lee
"Yes sir, Captain Zhao out."

The radio then turns silent as the connection to HQ cuts out. Ny-Lee then turns back to Syá's frequency.

Syá
"I heard everything on my end. So those scumbags are still out there with your parents, tell me the heading and we'll blow them out of the sky for this."

Ny-Lee
Syá relax,my parents are safe."

Syá
"Wait, what? I heard that you said they were taken again. How can you be sure they are safe?"

Ny-Lee
"Because, I have a feeling that the ones that done this have rescued my parents already."

Syá
"Then why did you say we are still in pursuit?"

Ny-Lee
"Gives us some time to relax a bit. Come on, follow me east and see if we can spot an 'odd' looking Goldfish."

Syá
"Well if you say so Cap. You lead I follow."

The two Pyramidions then fly past the destruction heading east to see if by chance they can catche up to Ny-Lee's brother's Goldfish.