Guns Of Icarus Online

Community => The Cantina => Topic started by: Plasmarobo on June 21, 2013, 12:50:50 pm

Title: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 21, 2013, 12:50:50 pm
--Welcome to Cathedral!--
Looks like Anvala will take some time getting back on it's feet!
The city had a great run, but the skies are still wide open!
Please join me for the spiritual successor to the Burning Skies RP!

There will be a discussion created in the pit! Information like this will be directed there in future!
Remember, we are open to anyone and everyone!

We are set in Cathedral for now, but the skies have no limit!
For now BdrLine and I will be doing the opening and closing of the RP.

--Day one, Spring, Cathedral--

--Narration, Some time after that nasty business in Anvala--
The city of Cathedral, the neutral hub of the world. Built in the continuously-occupied remains of an old-world city in the Middle Plains, it is a powerful and independent city-state with representatives from each of the six factions. The government seat is in the huge cathedral that dominates the city center and from which the city gets its name.

The city is bustling. People are excited for the spring festival, which pulls in tourists from all nations.
The Guard and Prefects of the city had their hands full with security, but there were few people truly intent on causing trouble.
Trade was booming, and many savvy merchants were making quite the profit.

It was a good time to be in the city.

--End Narration--

--Cathedral, Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions, Wild Winds Inn. --

Plasma stands by the back wall of the inn. Examining the board of bounties. He's exchanged his Miltary uniform for a long duster, ceremonial belt for dual holster affair. He looks at the bounties available, picking up a name that looks familiar.

He chuckles to himself.
Plasma
"So the Admiral's got himself a bounty now? Not for all the bullets in Anvala..."

He sighs and looks around the place. Several regulars having drinks, a few travelers on their way through town, several merchants negotiating freight with Lloyd, Plasma's "boss". Several shadier people, looking for nearly the same thing, but with much less legitimacy.
Many of the tables are empty, there are only a few people at the bar. He stands near the back, by the bounty board, stairs to the rooms, and "Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions" counter. He takes another poster from the board.

Plasma
"Five thousand mark reward... should be easy enough."
He pockets the poster, and turns to the room, leaning against the wall. His eyes fix on the front door to the inn.

I do wish they would hurry up, going to leave me waiting all day!
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 24, 2013, 12:38:45 pm
--Narration--
(We are now live)
--End Narration--
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 24, 2013, 02:49:00 pm
--Skies over Middle Plains--

"Captain Gareth!"

it was meant to be a regular journey for the crew of the Arashi Junker class ship, Griffinheart, just a run-of-the-mill flight over the Middle Plains to the city of Cathedral. But they did not expect pirates, although they probably should have. At this point Griffinheart was engaged with a single pirate ship, having previously dispatched the second. But this one was proving more difficult.

At the helm of Griffinheart stood a man clad in a white shirt and brown waistcoat, with a brown cloak and hood covering it, currently being blown behind him by the wind. Upon being addressed by his second in command he responded in a rather urgent voice.

Gareth
"Yes, what is it, Michael?"

Michael
"Our broadsides are having little effect. Say what you will, these pirates have some good engineers. And it was hardly sensible to put a harpoon on each side either."

Gareth
"Oh really?"

He slammed the ship to a stop, forcing the pirate ship fly and hover underneath.

"Take the helm."

Michael took place at the helm as Gareth loaded a few pistols and holstered them at his sides, before also grabbing a knife.

Gareth
"Keep firing the harpoon while I'm gone. Where's Roc?"

Michael
"I don't know? He's around here somewhere."

A confused but not surprised expression formed on Michael's face. He was used to this sort of thing by now. Gareth them let out a loud and high-pitched whistle.

Michael
"What are you going to do?"

Gareth walked over to the edge of the ship, clasping the knife in his hand, before turning to face Michael.

Gareth
"Pay them a visit."

Just then He leant backwards and dropped off of the side of the ship. But before Michael could even react, a rather large eagle soared right passed his head and after Gareth.

Gareth latched onto the pirates' balloon with his knife, tearing a large rip as he slid down the side of it. He then took hold of some rigging rope and swung onto the ship. The pirate crew had little time to react before Gareth landed, pulled out a pistol and shot the nearest crew member. He then humorously dodged a charging pirate, who kept charging like a bull off of the side of the ship. Gareth knifed another one in the stomach and shot another in the chest. But he had forgotten about the captain, who now had a pistol pointed directly at Gareth. Gareth dropped his weapons and held his hands behind his head. Just then, before the captain could take the shot, the eagle came soaring in from behind him and started clawing and pecking at his face, leaving him unconscious and with deep wounds.

Gareth
"Good boy."

By this point the pirate ship started sinking from the balloon piercing and general lack of living crew. But then a harpoon from the Griffinheart latched itself to the deck with a rope attached. Gareth quickly picked up the knife again and sprinted over to the harpoon, grabbing the rope. He then cut the rope, leaving the ship to fall and allowing him to swing away, dangling from his ship as the Eagle, Roc, was flying beside him.

Gareth was pulled up by his crew and went back to the helm.

Michael
"Well that was... actually quite awesome."

Gareth
"yeah, but don't expect me to be able to pull that off all the time."

They shared a laugh as Roc landed on the guard rail and squawked loudly. Gareth stroked its head.

Gareth
"Yes you did well too. Anyway, where were we going in the first place?"

Michael
"Cathedral, for contacts."

Gareth
"Ah yes, we should be there soon."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Mill Wilkinson on June 24, 2013, 04:39:58 pm
Corporal Mill Wilkinson
The Streets, Cathedral

It was not like he had opted to be in Cathedral, but it was a far preferable option to be in shreds at the ruins of some desolate town. Although, he had to admit, dead people had no money issues. His last crown had been spent in some food to his backpack, but the man knew they wouldn't last long if he couldn't find some employment. Pawning his Ceraenen pistol or other signature tools of his would be out of the question until direst need, and Wilkinson dearly hoped it wouldn't come to that.
He strolled aimlessly through the streets and the people strolling about, certain distance created by his tidy yet worn uniform and vast allotment of tools easily used in melee. But there was nothing suitable in the few job-boards, just some occasional bounty hunting Mill considered being above his skillset.
Perhaps the few coins he still had would help him with a place to sleep in, but hopes were not high. "To horna with all this", Mill cursed and kept trudging forward towards the cheaper region of the city. Oh, did he yearn to brave the skies again!
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 24, 2013, 05:12:57 pm
--Outside Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma steps out the door of the Wild Winds, talking to a cloaked and hooded figure.
Plasma glances at the clear sky as his companion pulls the cloak tighter against the sun.
They seem to be talking in low voices as they advance down the street.

A few moments of walking later and Mill comes into view, hurrying down the street.
Plasma stops and stares, calling out to Mill. The Cloaked figure pulls back, electing to wait near an alleyway between the tall buildings on either side of the street.

Plasma
"Hey. You look quite familiar, you wouldn't be from Anvala, would you? Military? I haven't seen anyone from Anvala for a while. Have you been there recently or did you leave after the, ah, invasion?"

He shoots a quick frown over his shoulder, to the cloaked figure.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 24, 2013, 06:40:24 pm
--Skies Over Anvala--

"What a mess this was." Alexander Henley Was looking over the side of his junker at the scene of brutal carnage. He had heard the baronies had attempted to invade but nothing on this scale. Scale or not however he and his crew had decided they will salvage whatever they could find and haul it back to Cathedral and back again for more spoils. They weren't the only ones either, the baronies had some fairly good equipment which meant pirates would also want a crack at the salvage, good thing their vessel the Skyrunner was one of the most heavily armored vessels which sailed the skies in this part of the world.

"A good thing indeed, pirates have known not mess with us, even in groups that heavily outnumber them." The thought comforted him for a moment, their vessel was landing near a fallen galleon, it was obviously very damaged, the Anvalan Defenses really did a number on her.

For the next few hours they scavenged the much more powerful engines and replaced their own, it was pain stacking work but it would be more then helpful in as he put it "Tactical running away" Along with the engines they managed several more light guns and a hawacha, the hawacha was kind of useless to them however they could sell it for a decent price. The light guns they found would be tested and replace the ones they currently have.

Later that night

The breeze was calm, their cargo secure, Richard Morgan stood at the helm of the Skyrunner, it becoming a quite uneventful flight back to Cathedral, in fact nothing had happened for the past several hours. He jammed the helm in it's current position, a course straight for Cathedral, he walked over to the railing, the night was beautiful and the stars were out in full force. He pulled out his one treasure, an old camera. It amazed him how long the damn thing had been in his family for, it was also surprising how long it had remained functional. He pointed it skyward and snapped a few photos before stashing it back in his duster. He looked to the pile of guns on deck, orderly in some strange fashion, howitzers, mortars, chain guns, even a few medium flaks. It was all in good spirit, they would sell the ones they don't use and replace the ones they do, in the mean time however they had to get back to Cathedral, and that was only a few hours away.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Imagine on June 24, 2013, 09:59:01 pm
--The Streets of Cathedral, outside of Fantastic Fabrics--

"I swear the make these things itchy on purpose."

A slightly gaunt man tugged at the short sleeves of his new shirt and jacket, which ended right above his elbows. He looked down at himself.

"And would it kill someone to make some clothing with some color in it, this brown thing is getting old."

He grumbled, mostly to himself, but it mattered not for anyone in this part of the town knew to mind their own business. Looking back into the grimy window of the shop he exited, the man adjust his newspaper boy hat to ever so slightly tilt to one side. He stopped and rubbed the top of his nose for a moment, flicking off pieces of dirt which had been caked there since who knows when, and lastly patted down the toolbelt making sure everything was still in place. Slinging a small bag over his shoulders, the man took a final glance at himself and sighed.

"Well, spending the last of one's coin on wearable clothing is fine too, I guess."

It had been a while since he had new, or at the very least, not a set that has patched patches, one that isn't just a hodgepodge of cloth and leather. This was it though, the last of his saving now gone, piddled away on drink and cards. It had come as some well earned R&R from months on a ship he'd rather forget, on a job no one wanted, a mission no one finished. All there was left was a small scrap of paper with a single name no wanted to speak any more.

For now though, any job that paid would do. With that in mind, he pulled out a fake coin acquired from a downed pirate ship a long time ago, and made his way down the street, flipping it as he strolled along.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 24, 2013, 11:39:24 pm
--Narration--

Eventually, the day drew to a close.
The city slumbered under an excited tension, knowing that the Spring Festival was just around the corner! Some early revelers projected their impending joy into the night.

Several weary travelers found their way to an unassuming inn. The rates were cheap, at least, compared to much of the city, and the rooms were pleasant and clean, a feat not all could claim.

--End Narration--

--End of Day 1--
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 25, 2013, 09:08:32 am
--Day Two, Spring--

--Narration--
--Cathedral--
It was early, bright morning.

The various travelers had found their stay in the inn to be surprisingly pleasant.
Maybe something in the drinks.
The city shook itself into life early. Traders getting a jump on setting up their booths. City workers were stringing up decorations: brightly colored banners and streamers. Every available surface was experiencing a sudden influx of festival cheer. It was still a few days off yet.

The sweet scents and sounds of the kitchens preparing for breakfast customers winds up the stairs, to the rooms of the inn. The day is a bright one, but clouds seem to flit around the edges of the sky. Those organizing the festival make warding signs and threaten the skies, half in jest, half in serious rebuke.

But they were few, and small, and seemed content to abide by the wishes of the people.

--End Narration--

Plasma gets a head start on the day. He sets himself up behind the trades and bounties counter, sorting papers and posting a few new bounties and merchant requests to the wall. He soon settles in, glancing occasionally at a pretty barmaid and sighing.

There seem to be a large number of shipping jobs... maybe I'll take the Venucian Might on a trade run. Been a while since she's tasted sky. I wonder...

He reaches awkwardly across the desk and pulls a flyer down. Then he hastily scribes one of his own, posting it in place. It reads:

    Competent Crew Wanted

    Merchant Trade Job - Low Risk, High Pay
    100 Crowns to each man - payed upon return to Cathedral

    See Plasma at the Wild Winds Trade and Acquisitions Desk
 


 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 25, 2013, 10:33:12 am
--Streets of Cathedral--

Gareth and Michael walked down the street while Roc circled overhead, occasionally landing on a rooftop and overlooking the street. Gareth noticed all of the decorations being put up.

Gareth
"What's with all the bunting?"

Michael
"I think the Spring festival's coming up soon."

Gareth
"What makes you think that?"

Michael
"It's Spring."

Gareth
"Of course."

They continued down the bustling street until they arrived outside the Wild Winds Inn.

Gareth
"You go get some supplies for the ship while I go take a look at the contacts."

Michael
"Can I get rid of the harpoons?"

Gareth
"*sigh* Fine, but instead, put a single one on the front."

Michael gave a nod and walked off, while Gareth entered the Wild Winds Inn.

Gareth
"Excuse me. But are animals allowed inside?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 25, 2013, 10:44:25 am
--Wild Winds Trade and Acquisitions, Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma glances up at Gareth as he swaggers into the Inn.
He blinks at the question, then frowns, leaning heavily on the counter in front of him.

Plasma
"So long as you're the one that cleans up after it, I've no objection."

He looks at the bird with an appraising eye.

Plasma
"That one doesn't look like it'll be much trouble. You here for a drink, or a job?"

He shuffles some paper in a bored sort of way.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 25, 2013, 11:02:08 am
--Wild winds--

Gareth lets Roc fly onto the counter, ruffling its golden brown plumage as it stares around the room while Gareth walks over to the counter too.

Gareth
"A job is what I'm looking for. Nothing too dangerous, just something to keep food on the plate and fuel in the engines."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Mill Wilkinson on June 25, 2013, 04:22:22 pm
Yesterday

--Outside Wild Winds Inn--
Plasma
"Hey. You look quite familiar, you wouldn't be from Anvala, would you? Military? I haven't seen anyone from Anvala for a while. Have you been there recently or did you leave after the, ah, invasion?"
Wilkinson stops and look at the person clearly addressing him, then checks his uniform which was the Anvalan militia one instead of his more worn (better say torn apart) Fjordlander aircrew one. "Yes, I was there, only to find myself fleeing among the last airships and then venturing here and there."
For a second the corporal rubs his eyes together. "Mind telling me where a poor washout like the gentleman in front of you might find himself a dinner and a cheap place to rest?"

Today

After managing an agreement to work for a lodging and a meal (lodging meaning the firewood-stack, which Wilkinson managed to get surprisingly comfortable) the jobless gunner was very optimistic of his future prospects. His mood wasn't spoilt by the cook, who wanted firewood especially from the farther stack, where mill had positioned himself, and it wasn't ruined by the boy who, accidentally, dropped some gravy on his boots. His mood only got better when he noticed the gentleman from yesterday hiring people. Quickly he joined the line and listened to the discussion being had in front of him.

Gareth
"A job is what I'm looking for. Nothing too dangerous, just something to keep food on the plate and fuel in the engines."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 25, 2013, 04:30:39 pm
The Skyrunner entered port early the morning, the dock was quiet yet the early morning bustle of movement could be seen as they cruised along. They docked without much fanfare however a few of their regular costumers were there waiting.

Alex
"Alright you lot, you know the rules. Come back in a few hours when we set up shop in the market, in the mean time look over some stuff."

He left them to their devices as he made his way to the nearest inn, the Wild Winds was decent place, they had good drinks for a weary captain and his crew, sometimes her but that wasn't very often. He walked in, immediately seeing two men talking about some sort of business, he saw Richard sitting at the table waiting for him.

Richard
"Capn' there you are, I was getting worried."

Alex
"Hah worried? You're too kind, anyway," he took this moment to sit down.

Alex
"So, do we have prices on those guns we brought in?"

Richard
"Most of them, some of them are still awaiting confirmation, We can sell the chainguns for about 130 crowns, the mortars sell for about 214, the howitzers are going to be sold to the defense force for about 175 seeing as we have a lot of them, and the light flak cannons can be sold for 235. It should be a decent profit, allowing us to pay off the last of the warehouse we bought along with some extra fuel. We are however waiting for the Hawacha though, apparently the things are expensive so I'm not going to estimate how much its cost however I'd like to say maybe 500 or so."

Alex
"Sounds good enough, so drinks?"

Richard
"You know me so well, did you get the paper work done?"

Alex
"Ugh, don't get me started on that."

The two of them toasted drinks and began swilling, the bar was more then likely going to make a profit on these two.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Imagine on June 25, 2013, 04:43:21 pm
--Outside the Wild Winds Inn--

"Wild Winds, Fantastic Fabrics... this town sure has an appreciation for alliteration."

The man wearing the new threads tilted his hat off his head and ran his hands through his hair. It had taken only the questioning of a few folks to point him towards the best place to find a job for his ilk, generally with a quick jerk of their thumbs and an attitude that stank of get-out-of-my-way-boy. It seemed rather rude, but then again everyone seemed busy with this festival thing so it could be... accepted if not understood.

Having found the Inn soon enough, he pushed his way through the door and inside. There seemed to be a line forming with figures that only take the same types of jobs he was suited for, so his took his place at the rear. It was only then that he spotted some bird on the counter, out of place in a place like this.

"Ooooookaaaaaay...."

He muttered to himself, and waited to see what this was all about.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 25, 2013, 04:49:49 pm
He was watching the line form from inside, to say it was long was a bit of an understatement, he turned to Richard who was on his 5th glass, man had a gut of steel because he wasn't drunk, then again neither was he and he was on his 7th.

Alex
"What do you suppose that line's for?"

Richard
"Not sure sounds like someone is paying big money from the talk outside."

Alex
"Really now? I wonder if the man with the money is willing to buy some guns, can't be too prepared you know."

He got up and decided to walk to the front of the line.

Alex
"So, big man with money, wanna buy some guns for the job?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 25, 2013, 05:18:37 pm
Plasma nods at Gareth, and glances sidelong at Mill as he sidles up.

Plasma
"The pay is not much, hundred crowns, but for one day's work it's pretty phenomenal. The job is...no questions asked. We don't open the crates, we just deliver 'em. I'll be taking my ship out tomorrow, and I need a few more men. Sound interesting?"

He slides a contract across the table. It's simply worded, stating the amount of compensation (100 crowns), work expected (duties include ship maintenance and lookout posts), and expectations for combat (run away if we're faster, shoot them until we can run away if not).

The contract is obviously one of several copies.
He looks up at Imagine as he enters, following his gaze to the bird. He shrugs, and turns his attention back to Gareth.

Several others have filtered into the bar, coming for a noon drink or lunch. The volume level slowly elevates to a comfortable cacophony. One of the men drinking stands up suddenly, and slides to the front of the line. Plasma frowns at him.

Alex
"So, big man with money, wanna buy some guns for the job?"

Plasma
"That depends, what are you selling?"

Alex
"We've got chainguns, mortars, howitzers, and light flak cannons. Plenty of 'em"

Plasma considers the man for a moment. Then checks something behind the counter.
He turns back to Alex with a somewhat evil grin.

Plasma
"We'll take them all actually, or rather, my employer will. One moment. EMILY!"

He shouts across the bar, and the pretty blond barmaid sighs and strides over, glaring at Plasma expectantly.

Plasma
"Find Newt, tell him I need some merchandise inspected before I make a purchase."

She nods and disappears behind a door at the back. Plasma turns back to Alex.
Plasma
"When Newt get's here, I'll ask you to take him to your warehouse so he can inspect the goods."

He turns back to Gareth and Mill again.

Plasma
"So how about it?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 25, 2013, 05:28:16 pm
Gareth stroked Roc's head as he considers the offer, Roc acting rather more like a cat as he rubbed his head against Gareth's hand.

Gareth
"I'm up for it. I'll have to tell my crew to linger in Cathedral during the job but they'll enjoy the break. I'll be ready whenever needed."

He let Roc perch on his arm as he walked over to a table with the contract and examined it further, also keeping a keen eye, much like an eagle himself, on the goings on around him.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 25, 2013, 05:39:18 pm
He walked back to Richard with a slight grin on his face.

Alex
"We got a deal for the guns, one of his colleagues will be here shortly, we're to take him to the warehouse for him to inspect the guns, good thing they're in fine condition I believe we'll get them sold in no time, also tell the regulars we have another deal going, you can sell them the other guns we've been stock piling for weeks now.

Richard
"Alright then, so when's this friend of his getting here?"

Alex
"Not sure, actually I think that's him."

Both of them turn to see a rugged man walking toward them.

Newt
"So, heard I've got somethings to inspect, where are they?"

Alex
"Warehouse on the south docks, we've got some guns you're too look at."

Newt
*Whistles* "South docks eh? Some prime real estate right there, alright lead the way bucko."

The three men walked out of the bar towards the docks, it wasn't a long walk but it was the loud and crowded point of the day so getting there was a bit of a chore. They arrived at the docks sometime later, several men in Cathedral Militia uniforms stood outside.

Captain Walker
"So where are the howitzers you promised?"

Alex
"On the cargo platforms behind the warehouse, you know where it is."

The men walked behind the warehouse and the audible sound of a train rolled for the central station.

Newt
"What was that 'bout?"

Alex
"Promised some howitzers to the defense forces, anyways take a look at the guns, you may be surprised."

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Imagine on June 25, 2013, 05:56:46 pm
"Well that's just rude."

He muttered, glancing at the one who pushed himself forward to the front. Apparently no one had manners any more these days. Ah well, when these things come to a head, one had to pushy, and so he leaned to the side to shout over the noise gathering in the inn.

"Hey, listen, how many people are you looking for this job anyways?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 25, 2013, 06:56:47 pm
--Wild Winds--

Michael entered and, spotting Gareth in the corner, walked over and took a seat beside him, while Roc stood on the table.

Michael
"Found a contract?"

Gareth looked up at him from the paper.

Gareth
"Yes I have. Minimal effort, minimal danger, high pay, sounds good."

Michael
"Great. When do we set off?"

Gareth
"Actually, it's just a simple transportation job and they already have a boat. I'll be departing on the mission with whatever others take part, while you and the crew stick around in Cathedral for the day."

Michael looked at Gareth blankly.

"...Don't worry, it'll be fun. You can take a break, have a few drinks, enjoy the festivities."

Michael
"I guess you're right. It would be good to get a break. And the taverns here have got to be better than the ones back home."

Gareth
"A pile of junk with a glass on top would be on par with the taverns back home."

They laughed haughtily, while Roc was mildly alarmed by the commotion on his table. he gave a tiny squark.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Mill Wilkinson on June 25, 2013, 07:13:58 pm
Mill took one contract, checked it for any suspicious clauses, then signed. "I am a trained airgunner, can shoot pretty much anything and specialize in Mercury Mark 3 and Echidna Flak cannons, have no family and my loyalty is to who pays my salary on time as agreed upon."
He dried the ink up with a few waves from his military cap and handed the contract to his short-time captain. "And I am looking for a long-term job, too, if you happen to be looking", he added smiling with an amused, yet serious grin.
"When is the takeoff, captain?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 25, 2013, 07:38:47 pm
--South Docks warehouse--

Newt carefully inspects the equipment, checking the barrels, swivels and sights of each weapon. They are apparently to his satisfaction. Having finished his work, he returns to Alex. He raises an eyebrow at the man.

Newt
"Looks to be right enough. Look..."
He lowers his voice and leans in, speaking in a careful, conspiratorial manner.
Newt
"If the militia give you any trouble, you come to us. Plasma's got some connections, and the bosses have more. They mean well, but sometimes they're a bit... enthusiastic about security."

He straightens, claps Alex on the back and makes his way to the inn.

--Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions, Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma grins, pleased with out well his crew is turning out.
He turns to Imagine
Plasma
"A few more. With these two, I've got one more opening. Any more and we dilute the profit a bit. My boss would murder me."

He takes the contracts of Mill and Gareth, rolling them up and binding them with a bit of string. He looks back up at Mill.
Plasma
"I don't think Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions is looking for more full timers, but there are always plenty of freelance jobs, and I have ... other jobs available usually. Bounties to be collected, the militia sometimes hires civilian ships...if this goes well, I might think about putting together a more permanent little, ah, trading fleet. If you,'re in", he indicates imagine, "that fills out the crew."

He hops over the counter, vaulting with one arm and throws himself onto a bar stool across the room.

Plasma
"Time for a bit of a break! New friends always get a round on me! Emily! Sweatheart! Bring us some of the Cleric's Bitter would you dear?"

The girl shoots him a dirty look, which he deflects using a bright smile, but the drinks are brought, and paid for.

Plasma
"To new beginnings!"

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 25, 2013, 07:44:40 pm
Once more they stood outside the warehouse.

Alex
"Richard if you need me I have to head somewhere, make sure the sales from the morning make it to my desk later."

Richard
"Aye captain, so tell me, where are you headed?"

Alex
"You know where."

--Fantastic Fabrics--

Alex
"Ahh it's good to be in this thing again."

He strode out of Fantastic Fabrics with a satisfied look on his face. His duster and other clothes items were finally fixed, and he had some personal funds to pay it off. He cut a handsome figure, a rougish looking face, a black duster over a deep blue vest, a white dress shirt, and brown pants with his boots. His tussled brown hair underneath a naval cap, the ensemble was a left over from his time serving in the Firnfield Militias defending the region from pirates some years ago. He had one more place to visit before heading back to the ship.

--Davidson Blacksmith and Jeweler--

He once more came walking out, this time a pair of swords at his hip, he was also holding a ring. It was a present from his uncle Preston, Uncle Preston was an avid traveler and often times would pick up fanciful trinkets on his travels, this ring was his present to him after he returned from his voyage aboard the IFS Zephyr. It was a good memento from years back, it reminded him of care free days. Of course that doesn't go to say he doesn't enjoy himself now, he loves looking at wrecked ships, not just for their monetary value but also their historical value, like the great iron mammoths that litter countless battlefields, such feats of engineering they must have taken. Of course the only thing that could compare would be the Juggernaut, possibly the largest vessel to grace the skies. looking at his time piece he decided it would be best to get back to the ship soon.

--Aboard the Skyrunner--

Richard loved looking over the sandhills from this vantage point when they docked, they looked so majestic, their slopes ever changing in this landscape. Looking to to west he could see the sand farms, toiling away to provide food for the city, such a thing goes to say they get paid a good salary but it was dangerous work, what with pirates and creatures roaming around along with raiders from slightly hostile towns. Skooter Looters dashed around the sand below some racing, others delivering parcels from towns and taking passengers that couldn't afford airship travel, which was typically safer. He also remembered he needed to have the figures on the captains desk soon. They were done of course, he was no slouch when it came to paper work unlike the captain but he wanted to stay he and look over the land a bit longer.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 25, 2013, 07:53:49 pm
--Wild Winds--

Michael left to go check on the Griffinheart's gun installations, while Gareth, hearing Plasma, raised his mug.

Gareth
"I'll toast to this, new beginnings and all that. After all, without new beginnings all we have are... Old beginnings?"

He quickly abandoned the attempted meaningful toast and simply drank up.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on June 25, 2013, 08:28:48 pm
--Cathedral Airspace--

Cruising smoothly towards the large city, a worn and weathered Goldfish cuts through the skies. Granted the ship has seen better days, but the ship is still a sight to behold with it's fine lines and grace. This Goldfish one of almost perfection, through years of experimention from it's owner and things that have been picked up, this particular ship is top of the line. Her engines are based off of an old design that it's captain got from friends of his during a certain chase, that and it was also modified to withstand the harsh sands and can fly through their storms. The armor is specially plate and stacerred and can withstand slavos of different rounds and munitions, a design after studying another Goldfish with the same setup. Her armament consists of a pre-dated Heavy Flak that has no arming time like it's successor as the main, on the port sits the latest Anvalan Military Mercury which was drafted many months ago, whereas starboard carries a new weapon, one which the captain help create, it looks like a normal double barrel mortar, but with an old prototype, it can laugh both conventualy rounds and sticky mines.

On board the vessel stands four highly unlikely crew for this beauty of a ship, and the man responsible for it is on the engines taking a final check. On the port side engine, what looks like a Yeshan engineer has the engine opened up to double check his creation. What he doesn't see is one of his crewmates and driers coming up behind him.

The man taps the engineer on the shoulder, this startled him as he hits his head on the metal. He gets up and turns to the man while rubbing the back of his head. 

"The Flak was that for, Gods I would have knocked myself out the way I hit my head like that. So Courage, what's is it?"

Courage
"Well we are almost at Cathedral and you said to tell you once we are in sight of it's docks."

Putting up a finger towards the Yeshan who now remembers what he said and places his hands up.

"Okay, okay, just tell Tommy to find an open dock and land her in there and tell Charlie to get ready."

Up at the balloon component, a man looks over the side and yells down.

"Really after how many months you still call me Charlie? It's pronounced Charles you know."

He calls back up

"I know, or do you want to be called by your last name again huh Nelson."

Charles
"Oh shut it, you know both Courage and I got out of the Defenders. Don't need to call us like that anymore."

*chuckling* "Alright I yield, just tell Tommy."

At the helm, Tommy was listening to the conversation and shakes his head, he calls over."

Tommy
"I heard ya, I'll find an open spot."

As Tommy manuvers to an emptied dock that he saw in the air, the three men goes up to the helm where Tommy was at and look at the city.

Charles
"Cathedral, ain't she a beauty."

Courage
"Yeah, wait why are we here again?"

Tommy
"YeH why are we here? I mean we do have Anvala's Spring Festival, why are we here?"

Still taking in the sights, the Yeshan clearly doesn't hear his friends talking to him until Charles slaps the back of his head.

Charles
"Bdr, why are we here in Cathedral again?"

For the second time in the afternoon, BdrLine rubs the back of his head.

BdrLine
"Well you all know my mother, Liu, White Lotus Trading Comp, etc etc."

Tommy
"And..."

BdrLine
"And she asked me todo some shopping for goods for here here."

The three groans as they thought flying from Anvala to Cathedral would have been an adventure for them until they now they are just shopping. BdrLine sees this and quickly puts a finger in the air.

BdrLine
"Hold on, just hold..."

Courage
"You mean to say we are on a shoppin trip, and for your mother of all people. I mean come on, really Bdr?"

BdrLine
"I said hold, even though it's just shopping, we are at Cathedral. We can enjoy our time here for a while, explore, and I worry about that. So lets just land and have some fun huh?"

Tommy, Charles, and Courage look at one another before nodding in a greement.

Tommy
"Yrah your right. We did work our asses off running the Saloon and your docks. Speaking of which, you think they be fine without us?"

BdrLine
"Oh John and Allen will be fine handling the influx of people at the docks during the Festival. And the Saloon will be fine with Althea, she does have my rifle and her pistols still you know"

Charles
"I'll guess you are right, so once we land we find an inn right?"

BdrLine
"Even though I love Starlight I want to lie down in a real bed tonight so yes."

The four laughs at the comment and soon Tommy lands the Starlight and the others tie her down. As they grab their bags and exit the ship, the four wander the docks to find a suitable place. They stop in front of one where they notice a line inside. Courage looks up at the sign.

Courage
"Huh Wild Winds Inn, sounds like a particular Ale we know am I right?"

BdrLine and the others groan at the memory of WWA, granted a few barrels still exist in the backroom of a Saloon, but they are only used to subdue unrulely patrons.

BdrLine
"Don't remind me, come on looks likes there is a bar in here. Plus it says it has afforadable prices."

Tommy
"Bdr, you can afford anything you know? Why not a hotel."

BdrLine
"This place... has character. Come on let's see if they have room."

 The four enters the building and walks towards what looks like a front desk. While waiting for someone to help them, BdrLine looks at the man at the table where the line was formed. He squints his eyes as he recognises the face.

BdrLine
"Charles, Courage, you see that guy over there?"

The two looks at the general direction BdrLine was referring to and see the mam at the table.

Courage
"Yeah why?"

BdrLine
"Doesn't he seem familiar, like we saw him before?"

Taking a closer look, a face of realisation comes on their face.

Charles
"I do but I can't get a name in."

The three stares at the man while Tommy rings the bell on the counter.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Imagine on June 25, 2013, 08:30:48 pm
Plasma
"I don't think Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions is looking for more full timers, but there are always plenty of freelance jobs, and I have ... other jobs available usually. Bounties to be collected, the militia sometimes hires civilian ships...if this goes well, I might think about putting together a more permanent little, ah, trading fleet. If you,'re in", he indicates imagine, "that fills out the crew."

Imagine takes out his old fake coin, flips it in the air, and catches it without batting an eyelash.

"I'm in. Just tell me what needs fixin'."

He says, not taking a look at the flip result. He steps to the side as Plasma hops over the counter, and takes the Bitter shoved in his hands.

"A rowdy bunch," he mutters,
"Well, that's fine too. The rowdy ones usually makes for the better stories anyways."

With that, he takes a swig of the drink.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Mill Wilkinson on June 25, 2013, 09:10:09 pm
Wilkinson ordered a surprisingly cheap porter and sat down next to Imagine. it seemed like this guy knew his way around engines and mechanical parts, but first impression could be faulty. After tasting a few sips out of the pint he smiled politely to his new crewmate. "So, we'll be flying together! Any idea of the ship cap'n is hauling us to, or are you as oblivious as I am?", he asked and leaned backwards, making the chair creak a bit. "At least he doesn't seem to be a rookie to the business", he continued, nodding towards Plasma hopping about in the inn.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 25, 2013, 09:16:17 pm
Plasma
"Well Mill, it's not my business to ask those kinds of questions, generally. As long as it doesn't explode or get loose during the journey I'm content."

Plasma takes a long pull from his drink, and chokes on it as Imagine mutters under his breath.
He surfaces laughing, wiping the beer from the front of his clothes.

Plasma
"If you think this is rough, you've never been to the Burning Skies! I haven't been there since the battle at Anvala. I wonder if..."

He catches sight of BdrLine and stares. He excuses himself momentarily and walks over to them, a sort of pained smile on his face.
He arrives at about the same time Emily responds to the bell.

Emily
"What can I get for you-"

Plasma
"BdrLine!? I'm sorry, I don't expect you to remember me, I was an Ensign when that nasty business with Comman- with Yiski happened. I believe you commandeered my radio! It's as if Anvala has been haunting me lately. I guess that place never really lets go, does it? What brings you to Cathedral? But first, you all need drinks! On me, of course."

He turns to face Emily.

Plasma
"More of the Cleric! (You will love it, it's a local brew! Bit of a bite, and wonderful flavor!)"

She grimaces but pours the drinks and then remains. Examining her finger nails, but glancing at BdrLine and the others from time to time.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 25, 2013, 10:00:45 pm
Alex knew he should probably be heading back to the ship but one more drink couldn't hurt, besides they didn't have alcohol on board his vessel, mainly because it makes it all the more sweeter when you arrive in a port. He passed by the Wild Winds and from the looks of things it was getting pretty rowdy in there.

Alex
"Ah to hell with it, drinks it is."

He Walked in to see a drunk Plasma waltzing upon the tables.

Alex
"I'll have what he's having."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Imagine on June 25, 2013, 10:01:52 pm
After Plasma wandered off, Imagine looked at Wilkinson sideways. Noticing the Anvalan militia, he wiped his mouth and rubbed his chin.

"... we've all got our own stories, I suppose."

he muttered under his breath.

Putting his drink down for the moment, Imagine took the coin out of his pocket and rolled it over the top of his fingers with one hand, and turned to face Wilkinson.

"No idea what we're carrying as he himself said. It's a dangerous thing, knowing, these days."

Imagine pointed at Plasma who seemed to have run into some old acquaintances.

"He seems to know that better than any of us. Makes him more competent than half the captains who fly these skies, reason enough to fly under him."

After a moment's pause, he stuck out his hand, while continuing to fiddle with the coin in the other, in almost a hypnotic fashion.

"But where are my manners, we have yet to be properly introduced. Call me Imagine."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on June 25, 2013, 10:08:28 pm
The four follows Plasma to the table and set their bags underneath, as Emily pours the drink. Each of the guys grabs a mug and thanks her. BdrLine tursn to Plasma as he starts to remembers.

BdrLine
"Yeah, theres something to that place that we all keep doesn't it. But it's good to see someone from the city who left. So hoes it going ... Plasma. Well the guys and I are out here to spend some time at this Festival. Enjoy the sights and stuff. We just recently got here and are looking for a place to stay. And by some coincidence we entered this one and saw you."

The other three look at the drinks in front of them and hesitates for a bit. BdrLine sees this and turns to them.

BdrLine
"Come on, you guys are afraid of a little new drink? I mean we did drink things much worse then this."

He lifts up his mug and takes a swig, as he places it down, Bdr just looks at them.

BdrLine
"See nothing, ...ok to put it into perspective, it is way milder than the Hellfire."

With a shrug, the three then proceeds to drink their cups.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 25, 2013, 10:09:50 pm
His drink poured he sat a table over looking the entire scene, the man who he came to know as Plasma was having a reunion it would seem with some old aquantinces, a man in brown clothing was having a conversation with the Anvalan Militia man.

"It's always good to have friends." It was a thought he didn't think but it was his nonetheless, he began to fiddle with an locket around his neck, just holding it for some time before going back to his drink.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 25, 2013, 10:50:22 pm
--Narration--

Things got a little rowdy. After his dance among/on/with the tables, spurred, no doubt by his reunion and the memories of Anvala, Plasma eventually passes out on the bar. A sighing Emily summons a laughing Newt, who takes the unconscious Plasma upstairs and returns to start cleaning the bar. Many of the patrons make their ways home, breaking the still night with song.

BdrLine and his crewmen find quite comfortable beds waiting for them in their rooms. A good nights sleep is all but guaranteed, though the excitement and promise of the festival (not to mention, the much subtler effects of the drinks of the Wild Wind, verse the Burning Skies) may impede that somewhat!

Alex mulls over the events of the day before retiring, Newt hands him an invoice, and a note as he ajournes:  A draw for a large sum of money on a certain Cathedral bank. There are also delivery instructions.

"For the morning" he says, placing stools on the bar and tables.

Gareth, Imagine, and Mill aren't quite sure what to make of their new "Captains" display. But as long as he had his faculties in the morning... well, they would at least have a warm place to sleep and a great deal more coin soon.

--End Narration--

--End of Day Two--
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 26, 2013, 09:14:01 am
--Day Three, Spring--

--Narration--

The next morning is bright and cool.
A stout, older gentleman with the look of an old deckhand gone to seed breezes into the Wild Winds before anyone is awake. He tears down a few of the posters on the board, replacing them with fresh ones. The then slips behind the Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions counter, dons a set of half-specials, and begins to examine various records and transactions, nodding gravely at some, frowning at others, but organizing them all into a neat pile.

The city bustles slowly into life, markets opening and the delicious smells of fresh bread and meat permeate the air.
The festival begins tomorrow, and will run for the week. Everyone is making their last minute preparations.

--End Narration--

Plasma stumbles down from his room upstairs, and leans on the bar, rubbing his temples. The man looks up at him reprovingly.

Lloyd
"Rough night, then?"

Plasma starts, and frowns at him.

Plasma
"Boss! Guh, how do you get in so early? But yes, there were some folks from Anvala. I forgot myself a bit."

He begins to take down the stools from the bar, and chairs from the tables. Setting up for the day to come. He pulls an engraved silver pocket watch out of his breast pocket, examines the face, then replaces it with a sigh.

Plasma
"I'll be off to the docks to prepare the Venucian Might. If anyone asks for me, send them there. We picked up the Illian job. Should be back by nightfall."

Lloyd
"I see. Good luck then."

Plasma shoots him a sharp, questioning look. Lloyd keeps his gaze fixed on the desk, now very engrossed in a new contract. Plasma frowns, grabbing his duster and tricorn hat from the wall hooks and exits the Inn, heading for the Western docks.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 26, 2013, 10:56:14 am
--That morning--

Roc, quite independent from his 'master' often took off on his own simplistic endeavours, be it hunting mice or smaller birds, or just staring at the rising sun from a rooftop. But he always had a knack for returning to Gareth when he was somehow needed. Gareth had always been rather too embarrassed to say it, but that bird had saved his skin more times than he could count. But Gareth always treated him like any human friend he had.

On this morning Roc continued to stare into the sunrise and remembered, by chance, the meeting of him and Gareth. He just remembered simple images like a burning nest, a burning village, a mass of people, huge, wingless birds that flew slowly and breathed fire, a cowering person with brown plumage beneath a tall person with a flame-shooting stick, the look on the stick man as Roc sunk his claws into him, the look on the brown man as he stands up and looks at Roc, the man taking Roc in arm, the sunset as they set off, both in search of a new home.

The sun had risen and Roc looked down at the street to see Plasma leave. By this point Roc was able to recognise Plasma, and followed overhead for curiosity's sake.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 26, 2013, 04:49:24 pm
--Cathedral Merchant District--

Alex was heading towards the bank mentioned in the instructions, he'd already made the guns had made it safely to their destination before picking up the payment. It was one of the regional banks in the area, managing funds from the several surrounding cities and towns, which also meant whom ever ran the damn thing had a tremendous amount of paperwork he did not envy. He was walking through the market and getting distracted by everything he saw, mainly paintings of old ships and and ships for sale in the merchant dock. He'd come back later after distributing the pay to the rest of the crew, they all deserved sometime off. He finally reached the bank when all of sudden.

"Alright put the money in the bag and no one gets hurt!"

"This is the worst plan you've had in weeks Dominic!"

Dominic
"Shut up Phillip, this plan is flawless."

"He has a point you know, something can go wrong."

Dominic
"Not you too Travis."

Phillip
"See he's on my side now, the least you can do is think up a better escape plan, the one we have will just get us killed!"

Dominic
"Fine! We'll think up a better escape plan just shut up!"

Travis
"At least you're thinking about it."

Well this was going to be interesting.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Mill Wilkinson on June 26, 2013, 06:25:36 pm
It was easy being a man with few possessions. After stuffing his uniform coat and several other garments into his rucksack he ws ready to go, and after getting directions to the ship he was supposed to crew it was a simple matter to get to the airdocks. The midday ruckus held his interest, and for a time being his life seemed good. Of course, that would change again tomorrow, when he'd be a hundred crowns richer yet jobless. Again.
He sighed. Perhaps captain Plasma's freelance jobs would offer a stable enough income, or Wilkinson would use the money gained to trudge back to Fjordland and recruit himself into the military again.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 26, 2013, 06:34:25 pm
--Wild Winds--

Gareth woke up from a decent night's sleep rather eager. He was always eager before a mission, be it large or small. He got up and looked around for Roc.

Where is that bird off to now, gallivanting around town no doubt.

He got all of his gear together before going downstairs to the bar only to see Lloyd sitting there.

Gareth
"Ah, do you by any chance know where-"

Lloyd
"Docks."

Gareth
"Thanks."

Gareth walked out the door and made off to the docks, whistling a tune on the way.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on June 26, 2013, 06:55:57 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

After getting out of bed and readying themselves for the day, BdrLine and his crew of friends exits their rooms and down the stairs to the dining room. From there they see a man at a desk looking through some papers and thought nothing of him and assumes that he works here as well. As they take their seats, the lady from yesterday comes up to them.

Emily
"Hey there names Emily, so what can I gettcha?"

BdrLine
"Hello, mind getting us some coffee Emily? Thanks."

Emily nods at the request and heads back to the bar to make a brew. As the four are waiting, they decide what todo for the day.

BdrLine
"So you guys have any plans?"

Before anyone can answer, Emily comes back with a tray with the coffee mugs on top. She sets the individual mugs in front of them.

Emily
"If you need anything more, just give me a shout."

The group gives their thanks and comments about being good for now and return to their conversation.

Tommy
"Well Charles and I are going back to check some things from your ship."

BdrLine
"Ok then, how about you Courage."

Courage
"I got nothin' might just walk around. How about you Bdr?"

BdrLine
"I might explore as well, see what's in this city before tomorrows Festivel and all the streets gets crowded."

Courage
"Alright then. Might just follow you then."

Tommy
"So we just meet back here later when we are all done?"

BdrLine
"Yup."

As the four continue to talk and sips on their mugs, eventually they all separate into pairs and go off into different directions. Tommy and Charles are heading back to the docks to check on the Starlight, while BdrLine and Courage explore parts of the city.

--Docks--

As Charles and Tommy nears the Goldfish, they notice the many incoming new ships for the Festival tomorrow. It was around a little in the afternoon when they arrived and the focal were crowded with tourists deboarding passengerships. Once at the Starlight, they climb aboard and down into the hull to see if they had enough supplies for the return home when the lot finished their time here. Once satisfied, they go about doing a check on every other component on the ship.

--Somewhere in Cathedral--

BdrLine and Courage walk around the hugs city taking in the different shops and stores. Around them they notice that majority of them have themes, designs, and products from the different Fractions of the world. When people say that Cathedral was the center of the know lands, it was evident through the vast diversity of the people here.

As they continue walking, City Milita rushes past them towards to what seems like a bank. BdrLine and Courage looks at each other and walks towards the commotion. As they arrive to the scene, the Militia has already set up wooden barricades to block people from entering the building. Militia Men have their rifles drawn and aimed at the door.

A man with a gold chinstrap on his combo cover is on a bull horn talking to the robbers inside.

Captain
"Come out with your hands up. We have you surrounded."

Behind one of the wooden barricades, BdrLine and Courage watches on at this spectacle.

BdrLine
"Man who would try and rob a back before the Festival tomorrow?"

Courage
"I don't know. Maybe some idiots who are desperate?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 26, 2013, 07:04:12 pm
Courage
"I don't know. Maybe some idiots who are desperate?"

Alex
"That would probably be it, I heard the robbers arguing about this being the worst plan in weeks so I'd guess this is desperation.

They looked towards the bank, it was kind hilarious that 3 men tried to rob the bank at a time like this.

Alex
"I still need to make a withdrawal too, my payment is in there. So what brings you two here?"

Courage
"Saw the commotion and thought we'd see what's going on. I don't think we were expecting a bank robbery."

Alex
"Eh, could be worse I guess, could be a ship jacking combined with murder."

The captain seemed to be getting irritated at the robbers.

Captain
"This serves no purpose what so ever, come out and no one gets hurt, if you hurt anyone we'll rush in and kill the lot of you."

Alex
"So that was what Newt meant by over enthusiastic."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on June 27, 2013, 12:51:15 am
--Cathedral Merchant District--

As the standoff between City Milita and the robbers continue, inside Travis and Phillip are thinking over their doubts again. Looking through the front window, the three can see around 14 armed men all pointing their rifles at the general direction of the door.

Travis
"Dominic what do we do man? You thought up our escape plan yet?"

Dominic
"Hold on a sec. Let me just think."

Phillip looks out the window again and sees two of the guards move closer to the door.

"Well think a little faster, we got a pair coming up to us."

Dominic walks in a little circle still wondering what to do.

Outside the bank, BdrLine, Courage, and Alex watches on as they spot a pair of guards go up to the door. On one of them, the guard looks like he is carrying a small ram and looks like ready to bring down the door. The three watches on waiting to see what happens.

BdrLine
"Hey Courage."

Courage
"Yeah."

BdrLine
"Where you or Charles, or any of the other guards back in Anvala were like this?"

Courage
"If this were us, we would have more percision shooting. Get a disabling shot of for the kill. This looks like it be a scatter zone of rifle fire."

BdrLine
"Hmm I can see that."

--Docks--

On board the Venucian Might, Plasma is finishing loading the cargo within the ships hold. As the last crate is finally tied down, he sees the three crewmen he contracts heading towards his ship. As the three climbs aboard, The dock workers untie the holding ropes and soon the ship goes off into the sky towards it's destination.

[Ok, since I'm confused whether or not a closing should be in order, I'm leaving the day open for those in different timezones to contribute more, a test if you will. In the morning (Eastern or Pacific US Time) either Plasma or I will see if this backlog works and will end that day and start the next.]

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Imagine on June 27, 2013, 03:03:31 am
Having been given no real instructions but informed that Plasma had made down his way to the docks already by the time he'd arrived back to the Wild Winds, Imagine decided to saunter his way down there.

"Off to a great start already." he muttered.

The decorations for the soon to be festival were everywhere now, and the usual ambling of citizens you see in cities was no longer present; everyone here was moving with a purpose. It was quite strange to see, like suddenly the city had flipped a switch and turned into some sort of festival minded beehive.

"Well, that's fine too." he sighed, as he moved along.

A bit down the ways there was commotion in front of a local bank, by the way it was being blocked off and the crowd that had gathered, it was something big. Imagine nudged a monocled man standing in the back.

"So... what's going on here?" he inquired.

The monocled man stared back with eyes that screamed who are you to touch me, you filthy peasant, but he still responded the way a gentleman does even when confronted by... undesirables.

"Some sort of bank robbery, apparently."

A bank robbery? Here? Now? Imagine shook his head and got moving once more.

"Feh. Armatures." he muttered once more.

Eventually arriving on the docks, he found Wilkinson already there, and joined him to await their captain and job. Regardless of anything, it would be good to get back into the skies, good to feel the wind in his face, good to feel the engines rumbling the deck.

And so he waited, practicing a magic trick with his coin.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Mill Wilkinson on June 27, 2013, 06:12:01 am
Wilkinson leaned against a pole as the ship Venucian Might was being loaded. It seemed like a reliable and sturdy ship, and Wilkinson's mood got better. He noticed Imagine arriving and standing next to him. "I just hope we don't have to use the armament on this. Not that I couldn't, of course, but when the gunner is bored the cruise is good."
He snuffed his cigarette and walked on board, then turned to look at Imagine. "C'mon, mate! Let's check our workplace!"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 27, 2013, 08:03:28 pm
The flight is... somewhat uneventful for Plasma and his crew.
The clouds gathering around the edges of Cathedral give them some greif, and a ship full of brigands thinks the Venucian Might made an easy target. Not so. The junker flew circles around the pirates ship, sending round after burning round into her hull. The villians ship shattered against the sky, and the Venucian Might with no damage to show for it. Plasma smiles as he pilots them away from the tumbling wreckage.

The flight takes only a small part of the day, but they reach their destination. The town of Faberia, among the Ridge Forrest. Plasma carefully drops the ship to the towns small dock.

Imagine, Mill, and Gareth tie off the ship. Once it's fast Plasma leaps off the helm and heaves at a crate.

Plasma
"Alright, let's get this cargo unloaded. I'll see if I can't find a return cargo job. Add a bit to the margins. Mind fueling up the ship."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 27, 2013, 08:50:50 pm
Alex
"That's it, I've had enough of this."

One of the spectators saw him draw a sword and march up to the bank door and push aside the militia man trying to batter it down, it was kind of a surprising sight. Slamming the sword into the door wrenching it open he stormed in and a series of gun shots followed.

--Inside the bank--

Alex
"Alright that's enough, now surrender, I have a withdrawal to make."

For the bank robbers it was a rather menacing sight, one thing was this man was holding a sword, the fact that there was another on his hip was another. The fact that he was facing them was also terrifying. Phillip scurried out and surrendered to the waiting militia, Travis on the other hand quietly laid down his weapon and sat down. Dominic was another thing all together, he was this close to the loot and he wasn't going to give it up that easily.

Dominic
"Screw you buster!"

He took a few pot shots at Alex however his shaking hands caused him to miss all of his shots but one, hitting an unwitting bystander in the chest.

Alex
"Right then time to-"

Just as he was going to make this moment worth while the entire militia unit outside came rushing in. Subduing Dominic and cuffing Travis, they seemed to be ignoring the wounded bystander bleeding out behind them. Alex being the man he his picked him up and began walking to the nearest medical station in the city.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Mill Wilkinson on June 28, 2013, 07:02:42 am
Plasma
"Alright, let's get this cargo unloaded. I'll see if I can't find a return cargo job. Add a bit to the margins. Mind fueling up the ship."
Wilkinson whistled and helped the others to carry the cargo out. "Why did they attack us back there?" Wilkinson thought, still remembering the small heartstop when the distance-adjustment hadn't worked before he yanked it a little with a spanner. "I mean, seriously, a Junker, heavily armed and with no visible or obvious cargo."
He lit another cigarette and sat on the railing after the last piece was moved. "Could you guys take care of the fueling? I seriously have to check and clean the guns before the dirt and residue sticks in."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 28, 2013, 10:33:44 am
Gareth
"I'll take care of it."

He went about fuelling the engines while Roc thought it would be a good idea to sit on Gareth's head throughout the entire operation. Although Gareth knew that resistance against the bird would be futile and just continued to fuel the ship, creating what would seem to others to be a slightly hilarious image, and what seemed to Gareth as just another example of bird dominance.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 28, 2013, 12:25:42 pm
Plasma walks into a small shack by the edge of the docks as soon as the boxes are unloaded.

He nods at the old man behind the counter, they pass some documents and he glances at the bounty board, casually asking the man about any jobs bound for Cathedral. There are none.

He returns to the dock as the fueling is finished, glances at his crew.

Plasma
"How 'bouts we grab a drink and a bite while we're here? Might find someone bound for our city."

Gareth
"Alright."

Mill
"The guns are clean, why not?"

The little group climbed down from the airdock and found themselves in a quaint little forest town.
Low buildings, trees everywhere. One particular building sports a sign claiming food and lodging. It is this structure they head for.

The group shares a meal, some drinks, and generally is satisfied.
Plasma looks around the tavern. There are very few customers. He sighs.

Plasma
"Looks like we're going home empty then. Alright folks, let's get back on that airship".

He stands, and starts to head back to the airdock.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on June 28, 2013, 03:06:20 pm
--Cathedral Merchant District--

Courage and BdrLine watches on as they see Alex drew one of his swords and walk towards and inside the building. A few minutes pass and voices and gunfire can be heard.

Captain
"Shots fired, Leming get your guys in there."

Militia Man
"Yes sir. Move, move, move."

Quickly they entered and out with the two robbers in cuffs. As the scene dies down, a pair of men goes to the crowd and starts to direct them away.

Militia Man
"Alright go on your day people, nothing to see anymore. Move along, Move along."

Courage and BdrLine moves with the leaving crowd, and from the corner of their eyes, they see a transfer truck where the Militia places the three robbers.

BdrLine
"Hmm what a day huh?"

Courage
"Eh Charles and I could have done that better ourselves."

BdrLine
"Like the time you were guarding me and scrambled to get away when i spotted the both of you."

Courage
"You know what, shut up."

This made BdrLine laugh and he pats Courage on the back.

BdrLine
"Just messing with ya, but still you guys weren't that secretive."

Courage
"Or how about the time you went crazy and ran through Anvala and we tackled you down."

Now it was Courage's turn to laugh as NdrLine goes silent as he goes back to that day.

BdrLine
"My defense, it was my sister's doing."

Courage
"Okay, riiight your 'sister'. "

They continue to walk and throw verbal jabs at each other, trying up the other.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 28, 2013, 03:48:07 pm
--Cathedral Merchant District--

Michael
"Well I'll be damned."

Michael watched on as Alex entered the bank.

Michael
"That guy's really eager to withdraw some savings, huh."

He had intended to be speaking to the rest of Griffinheart's crew behind him, but he heard no response, or rather, a response not of a voice he recognised.

"Well it is festival season."

Michael turned round to see, instead of his crew, a brown-cloaked, fairly attractive woman with sharp green eyes. Michael shrugged.

Michael
"Do I know you?"

She removed her hood to reveal long, red hair.

"No, probably not, but we do have a mutual friend. My name's Lyre."

Michael pondered for a second. He had many friends over the course of his time. But then he saw, on a rooftop behind Lyre, an eagle, much lighter in plumage than Roc, sitting still and looking straight at him.

Michael
"How do you know Gareth?"

Lyre
"Long story."

Michael
"It's a long way back to the ship. Come."

They set off from the scene at the bank just as the robbers were being apprehended. While, on the rooftops, the eagle followed.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on June 29, 2013, 04:49:46 am
Despite the distance to the medical station, he managed to keep the wounded man alive long enough to get him there. Of course he had to utilize his basic medical training to make it happen but it was well worth saving the life of a man, who turned out to be a father of three. It helped that the oldest was of working age so that while he was recovering they still had some form of income.

Alex
"You know you don't need to thank me, I was doing my civic duty."

He was assisting the older man back to his residence, the area wasn't half bad, a bit average but there are worse places to live.

Alex
"We'll here we are, I hope you can get inside on your own?"

"I have the key right here, but thank you again, I don't think I would've made it without you."

Alex
"Well when all is said in done, I only did what a sensible person would do, by the way how did they miss a bleeding man anyways?"

"They mean well, they just have a one track mind sometimes but they mean well."

Alex
"I don't think I caught your name."

"Daniel Robertson, I run a trading firm in the city, now listen" he lowered his voice slightly "If you ever need a favor come to me and I'll see what I can do about it."

Alex
"Well that's mighty considerate of you, I have to head back to the bank and make a withdrawal. You'd best recover now, I'll check up on you tomorrow."

Daniel R.
"I'll be fine, now run along I have some paper work to fill out."

Alex
"I don't envy you."

The two shared a quick laugh before Alex ran off to the bank to make the withdrawal.

--Cathedral Port--

Alex was running late again, Richard was having a drink at the parlour just across from the dock yard. They were in the process of replacing the old worn out guns with the ones they scavenged a few days ago which meant, he was useless. He wasn't much of a handyman, he was a pilot and an expert navigator, he was also useless with a hammer. It wasn't that he couldn't use one, but compared to the rest of the crew why bother trying? He was also drinking coffee which is something he wouldn't normally do, frankly he was nervous, someone who he thought was only a past memory had somehow found him and he-

"Well well well, look who's here."

God how he hated his ex-wife Reagan, the women was like a demonic hell hound sometimes, a blond, rambunctious, inconsiderate, arrogant one at that, and this time however the captain wasn't around to bail him out of it.

Reagan
"So what's a man like you doing out in this prissy little city?"

Prissy? There wasn't a prissy thing about this place, well maybe the merchant district to some degree.

Richard
"Alright women, what the hell do you need? I have a schedule to keep and you're keeping me from it."

Reagan
"Aww, is that anyway to talk to a former lover?"

God that voice was so condescending he wanted to punch the source of it so bad.

Richard
"God damn it, do you have business or not?! If you don't get out of my sight!"

Reagan
"Aww, I just wanted to talk."

God this was going to be a long day.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: DMaximus on June 29, 2013, 10:08:10 am
--Faberia--

As the crew of the Venusian Might made their way into town they could hear a cry of  "Knives sharpened, fortunes told! Pots mended, goods for sale! The tinkers stuck in this forsaken town!"The cry is followed by a string of curses.

Once they reach the town square, they see a man sitting in front of a horse-drawn, but currently horseless, cart. The man is dressed plainly, but well. Of average height and build with a well trimmed beard, he is mainly distinguished by the large cast on his left leg. The cart is topped by a large sign proclaiming "D. Maximus, Tinker". Underneath is a smaller one, listing services and goods offered. Scattered among the more mundane items the men find some rather unlikely claims, such as "the future", "ancient sciences", "various relics", and "living mechanisms".

When the tinker sees the crew of the Venusian Might, he stops his stream of invectives and starts madly signaling them over. "You!" He shouts, " you're the crew of that junker! I need to get out of here, and you're my ride!"   
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on June 29, 2013, 11:14:36 am
--Griffinheart--

Michael and Lyre were leaning against a guard rail on which Lyre's eagle was perched. On closer examination by Michael, the bird, as well as being of a very light plumage, had specks of black beneath its eyes and a ribbon tied around one of its legs.

Lyre
"She's called Garuda."

Michael
"Much prettier than Roc."

He stroked Garuda's head, before turning to face Lyre.

Lyre
"Ah, Roc, I remember that bird, always so... bossy."

Michael
"Yeah, anyway, let me get the story straight. You 'adventured' with Gareth years ago, before I met him, and split because... Well?"

Lyre
"We were quite the team, but our 'adventuring' well, wasn't always exactly... smiled upon by governments."

Michael
"Did this 'adventuring' perhaps involve 'liberating' goods from merchant ships."

Lyre
"Maybe. Anyway, one day we were caught, or rather, he was caught by the Yeshans and imprisoned. And I didn't have the ability or means to stage a breakout, so I left him."

Michael
"And haven't seen him since."

Lyre
"It was difficult to leave, but I had to. And now he's back, taking any job that puts fuel in the engines."

Michael
"So what now? You going to go back out 'adventuring' with Gareth when he gets back here, and leave the Griffinheart."

Lyre
"Only if he wants to."

Michael gave out a sigh and checked his watch.

Michael
"Should be back relatively soon, we'll find out then."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on June 30, 2013, 09:39:18 pm
--Faberia--

Plasma stops short with mouth hanging open. His eyes run from the beard, to the cart, to the cast in turn.
The wonder bleeds slowing into a glowering appraisal. He glances at Gareth, then Mill, then Imagine.

After a moment of consideration, a smile twists his lips and he shrugs.

Plasma
"Well Mr. Maximus, the cart might be a bit much. I'll of course have to charge you an expedited rate base on the weight of your freight."

He startles himself with the rhyme, then shakes his head. He raises a hand, finger pointing to the cart.

Plasma
"In all seriousness, fuel isn't cheap. I suggest you limit your cargo to whatever you feel you can afford. But we'll take you as far as Cathedral. I'm sure you can make appropriate arrangements there."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Mill Wilkinson on July 01, 2013, 10:11:35 am
Mill nods and walks up to the man in the carriage and tips his hat off. "Well, sir, if you like I will help you with the loading and tying up the cargo." He wasn't sure how the man had gotten there, considering his lack of horses or oxen, but it was a customer, whom was being offered a ride to Cathedral on the Venucian Might. "Anything fragile on board or any 'this side up'-loads?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: DMaximus on July 01, 2013, 03:24:31 pm
"Cathedral's perfect! Really, any city larger than this dump will have the parts I need to get everything operational again.  I wouldn't worry too much about the weight or the extra fuel cost. Half the cart's weight is a refined fuel I use for various generators and experiments which is, or course, at your service. The rest is odds and ends, mainly a few casks of ale I'm brewing, some salvaged steel, old tech, and various odds and ends. I saw what was unloaded from your junker, and honestly, it won't be much more than that. It can sit on the top deck safely, the wheels fold flat fairly cleverly to facilitate transfer by airship or barge. My own design, not that I'm bragging."

"As for payment, I can pay in simple coin, if you like," he grinned, producing a large pouch flush with coin from some hidden pocket. "Of course, a tinker always knows his customer, and as a captain you'll find much more appealing some of the other things I've discovered and acquired in my travels. There's plenty of time for bargaining once we're under way."

To Mill: "My cart horse faltered on the outskirts of the *ahem* hills outside of town, taking the cart down on top of my leg. Luckily the local carter happened by, and I traded him the corpse for a tow into town. Could you swing by his stables and tell him I'm calling in that favor for a tow to the docks? I would, but... " he trails off, lifting his leg and shrugging.

"And I'm getting ahead of myself! Introductions are in order, of course! First name's Daedalus and the surname should be obvious", he says, pointing to the sign. "Daedalus Maximus is an old name, but too long for most, so it usually gets shortened or concatenated. You'll come up with something clever, I'm sure..."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Mill Wilkinson on July 01, 2013, 03:59:28 pm
Wilkinson looked at his captain, who waved his hand approvingly. Mill nods back to the new passenger. "Will do, master Maximus, just tell me from where to find the carter and I'll do my best to help."
With that, the ship's gunner heard the directions, made sure he understood them and then started jogging towards the carter's location.

It was a nice town, to be sure, albeit a bit hard to get out of if you ended up there without an agreed ride. The countryside seemed less than hospitable, and probably was riddled with tribesmen and criminals. Oh well, at least I get to fly out of here soon, Mill thought and took a turn, ramming himself against a big guy. After getting back up he apologized heavily before trying to move on, only to be grabbed by the collar. "You ain't going anywhere, fancyboy!"
An elbow, a trip and a few select punches later he was on the move again, whistling happily and sliding his brass knuckles back to their pocket.

Some ten minutes later he was back to the ship with the carter and proper pulling power. "There we go, sir! Went without a hitch!"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 01, 2013, 04:29:38 pm
--Faberia--

While Daedalus' wagon was being sorted out Gareth decided to take a look round at the telegram office and see what messages he'd got.

Gareth
"Excuse me, are there any telegrams for a Gareth Qartal?"

The person behind the counter ruffled through a pile of papers before producing one from it.

Messenger
"Why yes, it's from one Michael Deloshi. it states as follows:

Lyre is here STOP
She arrived just now STOP
What's up with your eagles? STOP


That's it."

Gareth
"Thank you."

He then walked out, thoughts filling his head.

Lyre? It can't be. I mean, that's great! But... I can't. I'll just have to see.

He trotted back to the ship and waited on board with Roc for them to leave.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 01, 2013, 04:50:17 pm
Plasma's eyes brighten momentarily at the mysterious offer of Daedalus.
Well, we'll see if I can split it. If not, I think I've got some coin saved to buy out the others. Plus the Venucian Might could use a little tune up.

Plasma
"Alright D-Max, you're welcome aboard the Vencuian Might. I warn you though: If you can't pay, the Wild Winds Trading and Acquisition company has a perfect debt collection record."

He helps load the cleverly folded and configured cart onto the ship. The ropes strain under the weight of the item, but hold as it's hoisted up into the airdock. While working, he notices some blood on Mill's attire.

Plasma
"You alright, Mill?"

Mill glances at him, surprised then follows his gaze to the crimson spatter. His eyes lift.

Mill
"Minor scrape captain, it's not my blood."

Plasma blinks, shakes his head, and heaves on the ropes.
They take a short rest after getting the wagon aboard, and then Plasma leaps up to the helm of the Venucian Might.

Plasma
"Alright boys, cast off and we'll ride the sky once more!"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 01, 2013, 05:15:24 pm
--Cathedral--

After roaming around the city, BdrLine and Courage decides to check on Tommy and Charles at the docks. The two approach the Goldfish and notices that they were finished and hopping off the Starlight, Tommy sees the two heading towards them and nudges Charles to their direction.

BdrLine
"Looks like you guys are done. So she's good to go when we are done here?"

Charles
"Yup, enough fuel, food, ammo. But the way you redesigned her we can leave in a storm and still make it out."

BdrLine
"Yeah, it took years, but Starlight is probably the greatest I made."

Tommy
"Not even Dragon Peppers in the engines can stop her."

BdrLine face palm as Tommy lets out a chuckle.

BdrLine
"Man I still hate that day. Had to leave my bag out and poof there goes the engines for at least a month. Glad those swabbies don't work for me anymore."

Courage pipes in
"Ok since we now have time, what are we going todo now. Festival doesn't start until tomorrow."

BdrLine
"Hmm, how about we just stop by the Inn and have a drink? So far nothing caught my eye during our little trip."

The four then exits the docks and walks towards the Wild Winds Inn.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 02, 2013, 01:40:37 am
--Narrator--

Once Plasma and the rest of his crew tighten down Mr.Maximus cart to the deck of the Venucian Might, Plasma lifts his ships out of the docks and exits the small town. He then plots a course back to Cathedral. During the journey, night has fallen around them and was quite uneventful. After hours of flying, the Junker-Class ship has view of the giant city over the dark horizon, as the city's lights give out a glow in the night skies. Moments pass and soon the Might lands back in the Western Docks. It a little before midnight when the ship and crew arrived, and Plasma decides that all o them should head back to the Inn for a nights rest, the cart and the crew's payment will be handled in the morning.

During that time, back in the city, BdrLine and friends got back to the Inn and sees that only Emily was there and a few other regulars to the Inn's bar. The four orders dinner for themselves as they discuss about the happenings for tomorrow's Festivel. Eventually they call it a night and heads back to their respective rooms. Back at another area of the docks, Alex returns from the bank carrying what looks like two briefcases, there he sees Richard sleeping on a table with paperwork in front of him as well as bottles scattered bottles. Shaking his head, Alex just passes him to store the cases away. As for Michael, he waits on Gareth's ship for his return as well as Lyre.

--End of Narrarion

End of Day 3

(Festivel tomorrow...whoo. But I think this system works for now, have he day extended so that people in other timzones can put in content. Once more people and post come in regularly, then it might saify back to start/end single day.)
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 02, 2013, 01:55:53 am
(The posts in a row -.-, but I thnk I should start the day as well)

Spring, Start of Day 4

Spring Festivel, Cathedral

As the sun rises over the city, everywhere, people are putting up final decorations and setting up their many street stalls. Almost every street are littered with them as vendors take this opportunity to sell their wares. Besides people selling, there are sections in Cathedral where carnival rides and booths are set up for people to enjoy. Even contests are set for those of competitive spirit. In all the city is in full swing as tourist leav their ships, taverns, hotels, etcetra to enjoy the day.

--End Narration--
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 02, 2013, 02:25:00 am
--Cathedral--

It was late when Plasma and co arrived back in Cathedral and so they all decided to get a good night's rest, while on the Griffinheart, Michael and Lyre, with most Inns being full for the festival, put down sleeping bags on opposite ends of the ship from each other.

The next morning on the day of the festival, Gareth got up relatively early and made his way from the Inn to the docks to see if what Michael said was true. Lo and behold, standing there by the gangplank was Lyre, facing him.

Gareth
"Well... I guess it's been a while."

Lyre
"It has. And I'm sorry, sincerely."

Gareth
"Oh don't mention it, to be honest I'd have done the same. It's a bird-eat-bird world."

Lyre laughed and took a step towards Gareth. On the dock floor behind Gareth Roc and Garuda were standing there, staring at each other.

Lyre
"So what have you been doing since you got out?"

Gareth
"I've started to only take lawful contracts now since I'd rather not see the rest of my days in a Yeshan jail cell. And so I got myself a crew."

Lyre
"Yes, I've met Michael."

She gestured back towards the ship where, oblivious to the two, Michael was wide awake and listening.

Gareth
"He's a good man and has served me well."

Lyre
"He seems alright. Anyway, what now?"

Gareth
"What, go out gallivanting around the six nations. Not now, or not yet. I'd quite like to stay and see the Spring festival."

They both looked at the eagles and saw them nestled together.

Lyre
"Lovebirds."

Gareth
"They're not the only ones."

Lyre smiled and edged still closer to Gareth, and him to her. They met in an embrace and a passionate kiss. Michael, by this point was on his feet and putting away his sleeping bag.

So they're involved, that part she failed to mention. Well, she's a looker, good on you Gareth.

He chuckled to himself and awkwardly edged past them on his way to the festivities.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Mill Wilkinson on July 02, 2013, 06:55:16 am
The return-flight went without a hitch, and most of the time Mill spent tuning the hydraulics and oiling up the mechanical parts of the guns on the airship. It wasn't like the guns weren't well-maintained, but here and there it could be seen that the ship guns hadn't seen an expert in a while. They would've worked just fine for several years yet, but still the ex-corporal found himself under the armaments, fine-tuning turn assists and filing new trigger-mechanisms. it was a passion of his, work that filled him with genuine joy, not in a slaughterer-sense but in a pure satisfaction of seeing something mechanical working over their normal expectation. Some mechanics, who taught him the basics of engines, told it was called "engineer's pride", and that it was a rare trait among gunners.
One little hitch he did encounter with the inner mechanisms of the front gun. He took the part out and it was clearly a jury-rigged piece of equipment. Mill could understand the need for it in a tough spot, but using it for a longer period of time would've been hard on the inner systems. He walked to the captain and showed the greasy hand-made divider to him. "Captain, this is from the front gun. How long have you been having this fix on it?"
"What is that?"
"a divider-tube from the hydraulics, or at least it is supposed to be. It helps with the turning of the gun, preventing it from swinging back in sudden movements of the ship. It has already leaked to the mounting, which means a cleanup and a refill to the tubing. Still, this needs to be replaced, sir."
"Do it, I told you where the spare parts were, didn't I?"
"Yes sir!"

Cathedral
When they returned to the city, Mill was dirty as a compost but smiled. He had managed to fix the gun without a hitch and the spare part was a perfect fit. He considered his duties to be filled for the 100 crowns promised.
"What a good day this was. Hey, Imag, how about a drink and dinner in the Wild Winds?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 02, 2013, 08:43:59 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma slides out of bed, still satisfied by the uneventful trip. He picked up the Tinker's fare, a sphere of brass and copper with complex inner workings. He presses a unremarkable point on the device and it unfolds itself into something very much resembling a clockwork spider. It has eight legs and eight emerald eyes arranged in a circle along the body. It has no defined front, and is about the size of Plama's hand when unfolded. It clicks softly and shuffles up his arm, perching on the back of his neck.

I suppose it'll keep watch for me, though I'm not sure the 'new miracle replacement for engineers' is quite accurate.

He reaches for it and returns it to a sphere state. Then he gives his face a wash from the basin in his room and descends into the bar where Emily is already hard at work, flushed with the effort of serving the breakfast rush on festival day. Plasma shakes his head at those in the bar with drinks already.

If there is such a thing as starting too early, this is it.

He waits for most of them to filter out into the streets, but a small number stays to quietly enjoy their meals or simply evade the crowds for a bit. Spying Mill and Imagine he slips behind the Trading Counter, returning with two coin satchels. He tosses one to each of them.

Plasma
"Here you are then! Bit of a bonus, 150 crowns each. I'll have to find Gareth later. Ah well."

As the patrons drift from the bar and tables, Plasma walks up to Emily who is in the middle of cleaning a glass. She looks up at him with a half annoyed, half curious expression.

Plasma
"Em, you want to go see the festival? I'll make Newt cover the bar. The man still owes me half a dozen favors."

Emily
"Alright. Let me change."

Plasma seems taken aback by the immediate acquiescence, but it quickly fades into a pleased little smile as Emily walks to the back, disappearing behind a door marked "Wild Winds Staff Only". Plasma quickly runs up the stairs as soon as the door shuts and returns swiftly with a resigned looking Newt.

Plasma
"...and I promise, only for the day. We'll be back for the night. Thanks, Newt."

Newt waves him away, an amused expression dancing on his rough features as Emily returns, now wearing a bright, floral patterned dress. For the first time since anyone has seen her she sports wide smile that she seems to be unable to shake, in spite of her own efforts.

Emily
"Let's go, I'm going to drag you through all of the clothing stalls."

She takes Plasma by the hand, leading him from the bar as he turns to Newt, horrified. Newt levels a malevolent grin at him and then the pair are gone.

Newt vaults the bar, and looks around.

Newt
"Anything I can get you folks?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 02, 2013, 10:11:24 am
The Skyrunner had departed early that morning to help the city set up for this Spring Festivals main event, The Burren Rocket Race. The crew had helped set up the checkpoints for the race and finally had a chance to rest and enjoy the festival.

Alex
"So you ran into Reagan?"

Richard
"Yeah, that crazy women somehow found us, to think she needed help with the festival though, I mean really now."

Alex
"A bit surprising, pay was good though, also I need you to call up the crew, I need to distribute the pay from our weapons delivery to everyone."

Richard
"Still can't believe you fought off a robbery with a sword, sounds to good to be true, but then again considering I've known you since what? Our time in the Firnfield militia together, that was like what, 6 years ago? Anyways I'll go round up the crew."

It took them a while to round up the 6 other members of the crew, a fairly large crew but the pay was more then enough for the crew to enjoy themselves for the duration of the festival. Deciding to split into groups of 2, the crew split off into different directions to find something to do, which wasn't really hard considering.

--Cathedral City Center--

The entire festival was in full swing, enveloping the entirety of the city and the surrounding towns (Many of which contribute to make Cathedral the economic powerhouse it is). Strolling through the variable stands and street performers were the two female crew members of the Skyrunner.

Dalhia
"You know, you never told me you were the captains daughter."

Lorena
"People don't tend to see the similarities, I mostly take after my mother."

Dalhia
"Really now, huh I wouldn't know though, never met the women."

The pair continued to what seemed like a recruiting booth, it was in fact the sign up station for the rocket race. Putting their names down they began to walk away before continuing the conversation.

Dalhia
"We really are going to go through with this aren't we?"

Lorena
"Like hell we are."

--Cathedral Merchant District--

Alex
"Right then, crew is out and about, the festival is going around and chewing peoples wallets up, all in good fun isn't it?"

He looked to his fellow compatriot who was looking quite haggard and annoyed, it wasn't that the festival was bothering him, it was the company he was keeping that insisted on being company.

Richard
"-I mean come on, we are not doing it."

Reagan
"Oh come on please?"

Richard
"For the hundredth time no! And yes, I have been counting."

Reagan
"Just like you, always paying attention to detail, but come on, have some fun for the first time in your dull life!"

Richard
"Just so you know, my life isn't dull, and no, we are not participating in the race!"

Alex
"Wait, this what that was about?"

He hadn't really been listening in to the conversation, but if this was about the race then.....

Alex
"You know what, I'm in, where do we sign up."

The glare he received from Richard was priceless.

Richard
"You can't be serious."

Alex
"Oh we're doing it. And we will win, even if we lose it's not like we lose anything"

Richard
"I quite like my arms, have I ever told you that?"

Reagan was looking at Alex, she really didn't know him, but he had a tendency of interfering when she teased her ex husband over the years, though, thinking about it now, he kind of her type. Maybe she should give him a bit of a push.

Reagan
"City center. Do you need me to show you the way or can you find it yourself?"

Alex
"Oh don't worry, I know where it is, follow me."

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 02, 2013, 11:55:13 am
--Cathedral Merchant District--

Michael was strolling through the various market stalls with two of the Griffinheart's crew, Lionel and Kay, both of whom served as the ship's gunners and would often claim during flights that they could hit Roc flying at full speed with a mortar. They obviously never attempted this as the consequence of succeeding would likely be death by fall. And the consequence for a failed attempt would be grievous injury by claws. But they were decent gunners and loyal crew members to Michael, who was often unofficially referred to as the real captain of the Griffinheart.

Lionel
"So what's up with this woman just arriving out of the blue and getting all cosy with Gareth?"

Michael
"Apparently they have some history."

Lionel
"What kind of history?"

Michael
"A 'legendary tale' of two bounty hunters and the open sky. They participated in less than lawful activities involving merchant ships."

Kay
"Err, if Gareth has that kind of past, shouldn't we report him?"

Michael
"Don't worry, he's served his time in a Yeshan jail. And he seems like a changed man, and he's still our captain and we all owe him our loyalty. For he's saved us more times than I can count."

The two gunners looked down and thought about it, remembering the real 'legendary tales' of Gareth's heroics over the Middle Plains, at Serenity Bay, at Dragontown.

Michael
"I don't know about you, but I think we can let the past slide."

--Cathedral City centre--

Meanwhile, Gareth and Lyre were being dazzled by the vast array of street performers around them, ranging from fire-breathers to magic tricks, all of which created an atmosphere of wonderment.

Lyre
"Isn't this wonderful?"

Gareth
"It really is. When Cathedral decides to put on a show, it does it in spades."

Lyre then wondered over to what seemed like a recruiting booth and Gareth followed.

Gareth
"'Burren Rocket Race'. you can't be thinking-"

Lyre
"Yes."

Gareth just shrugged, unable to think of any reason why not.

Gareth
"Then why not? Put our names down and we'll have at it. Just like the old times."

Lyre put down both of their names down and continued with Gareth around town.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 03, 2013, 01:14:58 am
--Cathedral Merchant District--

Already out and about to see the Festivel, BdrLine tells to the others that he will go and find anything interesting to send back to his mother in Yesha. This leaves Charles, Courage, and Tommy to themselves to enjoy the festivities and vendors. As the three pass one of the carnival sections, they see an open section of land with people standing in a line looking down what looks like a gun range. A man on a small platform is at the side of the range talking through a microphone.

Carnival Man
"Step right up and see who has the sharpest eyes of the Burren. Let your aim be true, your trigger finger fast, so come here to test your skill. In this event we will have speed shooting, an accuracy challenge, and finally a mock shootout between our competitors. Don't be afraid and man up and take this challenge."

The man attracts a crowd as they are all interested in this challenge. Even to an to a recently discharged Gunnery Sergeant.

Courage
"Huh a gun challenge. Now who would want to do that?"

Tommy
"Yeah, besides if you two entered it would be over in a second. Isn't that right Charles. ...Charles? ..."

Wondering why their third friend wasn't responding, they turn to see him already going to the sign-up sheet. As he returns to Courage and Tommy, both of them give him a blank stare. He looks back between the two of them.

Charles
"What?"

Courage
"You signed up, didn't you."

Charles
"Yeah I did, those other guys won't even know what hit them."

Tommy
"With the training you got from Anvala its gonna be a landslide victory for you."

Charles
"You don't know that, there could be other decent gunners out there. And since this is the Cathedral Festival, there are people around the different Fractions here. So there is a chance for a challenge."

Courage and Tommy rolls their eyes as they give in.

Courage
"Alright, so when's this tourney?"

Charles
"Today was only for sign ups and showing the range we will be using. But it goes over a three day period for the single events."

Tommy
"So we won't have to worry and relax today still, nice. So anyone of you guys wonder what is BdrLine up to?"

The two ex-Defenders just shrugs.

Charles
"Like he said he is out shopping for his mom for a while, it's not like he is going to do something rash."

Tommy
"Guess you are right. Come on what else is around this place.

The three continue on their way only to stop once in a while at the many booths. Speaking of their friend BdrLine, he has already gotten items that would have interested his mother, from exotic plants from the Order, wines from the Baronies, to local clothing. He has hired out some porters to help him deliver the merchandise to the docks to be shipped off to Chang-ning as soon as possible.

--Docks--

At the docks, workers are placing all of the items BdrLine have bought into crates. He is talking to the dockmaster about the shipping.

BdrLine
"Yeah all the way to Chang-ning. Address is 711, should be Humanity Court once translated, in the high-class district. If you get lost ask for the Zhao Manor."

As the dockmaster was writing down the address and special instruction to be posted on the the notice boards for any captain willing to make the delivery, he raises an eyebrow at the name.

Dockmaster
"Zhao? Like the richest and most influential couple in the whole Empire?"

BdrLine
"Yeah, why?"

The dockmaster then looks up and down at BdrLine before answering

Dockmaster
"It just that... your aren't dress like the elite Zhao's."

BdrLine
*sigh* "I get that alot. But we are good to go?"

Dockmaster
"Yeah it's all good. You just need to wait for a captain to pick up this job and all of these will be on their way."

Shaking the mans hand, BdrLine thanks him as he heads back to the City to continue the Festival.

--Somewhere in Cathedral--

As now he doesn't have to worry about his mother anymore, BdrLine walks past a jewlery vendor and spots a elegant gold chain necklace with heart shape pendant with a white pearl in the middle. The seller sees BdrLine eyeing the peice.

Vendor
"That pearl came from the seas off the coast of Chaladon. And the gold was crafted in the forges of the Empire. I see you taken a liking to it."

BdrLine
"Yeah, it looks perfect."

Vendor
"Let me guess, gonna buy it for your lady friend huh."

BdrLine
"Yeah, how much?"

Vendor
"It's a bit pricey, around 750 gold."

Smiling, BdrLine takes out a coin pouch and hands it over to the man. The money was the budget that was transferred to him by his mother to buy what she wanted. With the extra cash, he hands gives it to the man who was surprised by the quick amount of money. Staring at the bag, he hands BdrLine the necklace in a felt case. After his shock, he sees BdrLine walking away.

Vendor
"Wait, wait, I have more items for sale if you are interested."

Smiling, BdrLine takes his satchel and places the case inside for safe keeping. Whistling and continuing on his way, he notices a line to a refunding booth. Courious, he nears the booth and reads the sign, Burren Rocket Race".

BdrLine
Ive heard about this race. Really famous. Only the crazy or brave sign up to this...hmm braaaave....hehehe

He gets at the end of the line and waits patiently to sign the paper. Once at the front, instead of putting down his name, he writes down another, Courage Bell. Chuckling to himself, and knowing he will be shunned by his friend for a while, he thinks of plans for the rocket that Courage will use, and a way to tell him.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 03, 2013, 08:50:38 am
--Narration--

The impending rocket races had everyone on their toes. The range was just outside the city, in a specially constructed course. Rumors of some sort of prize for anyone who could beat the record set ten years ago abounded.

Plasma spends the day drifting behind Emily who is determined to torture him. At some point he realizes that she's far more interested in mechanics and hydraulics than the clothing. He makes a great show of being cross for the rest of the day as they both miserably wallow in the sea of textiles and jewelry carts.

They eventually encounter Gareth by chance, and Plasma hands him a small bag, thanking him for his services. Plasma glances at Lyre and leers at the pair. Emily drags him away, rolling her eyes.

The pair pass Alex and Richard, and Plasma waves briefly. He glances at the rocket race signups, grimaces, and ignores them.

Those in the Wild Winds find themselves besieged by a large group of revelers who take over much of the Inn, and give Newt a long day of delivering drinks food. The Trading Counter remains closed for the day.

The night comes on slowly. The Festiva laughs in the face of the setting sun, festivities continuing long into the night. Eventually, most people either decide to (in a sudden fit of responsibility) turn in to be rested for the morning, or (as is the more likely case) simply pass out. The rooms of the Wild Winds slowly fill and the day reluctantly comes to a close.

--End Narration--

--End of Day 4--

--Start of Day 5--

--Narration--

The Wild Winds, having closed late last night with Newt throwing some rather obtuse customers into the street, opened a mere few hours later. Plasma stands behind the bar, looking rather chipper. He hums as he takes down the stools and chairs, throws open the doors to the bar, and greets those who spend the night there.

The sounds of sizzling bacon, meat, and other breakfast stuffs fills the room with a pleasant aroma. Emily and Newt are nowhere to be found. Plasma seems to be holding down the fort on his own for today. Still, his smile is ready.

--End Narration--

Plasma glances around at the patrons filtering in. He takes a breath, trying to prepare himself for the festival rush. Not being in Cathedral, or in charge of any kind of services before... it's a bit nerve-wracking. His gaze shifts momentarily to the Staff Only door.
I guess last night was a bit rough on them both. Either that or... well, this would be fairly petty revenge.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 03, 2013, 11:24:26 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Gareth woke up that morning in his bed next to Lyre and smiled, remembering the 'active' night's sleep. After getting dressed he decides not to wake Lyre and instead heads downstairs for some breakfast. The smell of bacon was just too tempting. After coming downstairs he greets Plasma behind the counter and orders a hearty breakfast with extra bread for the birds.

Just as he sits down at a table Michael walks through the door and looks around. After spotting Gareth he joins him there.

Michael
"Morning captain."

Gareth
"Morning to you too. How are you finding the festivities?"

Michael
"Kinda overwhelming to be honest. There's so much stuff happening, and so many people."

Gareth
"Yeah, and apparently there'll be a race."

Michael
"Yes, the 'Burren Rocket Race', I noticed you and Lyre signed up for it."

Gareth
"Ahh, you found the recruitment booth."

Michael
"I even signed up with a few of the lads."

Gareth was slightly taken aback.

Gareth
"So... I guess we're competing."

Michael
"Either way the prize money'll go towards the ship... Assuming you're not leaving us after the festival."

Gareth
"Why would I-"

He followed Michael's gaze toward Lyre, who was now walking down the stairs.

"-Trust me, it'll take more than some old flame to make me leave my crew. You, Lionel, kay, Hector, all the lads, your like brothers."

Gareth then waved toward Lyre, who then, spotting them, joined them at the table. Just as Roc and Garuda both came flying through the door which was just opened by a very surprised customer. the eagles then landed on the table.

Lyre
"So, anything new?"

Gareth
"Looks like Michael will be competing against us in the race."

Lyre
"Well that'll be interesting."

Michael
"may the best... People, win."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 03, 2013, 02:29:19 pm
--Warehouse, South Docks --

The crew of the Skyrunner had gathered for an early breakfast, it was agreed that for the duration of the festival that breakfast would be served at 6:00 rather then 7:00, that way they can head back into the fray that is the spring festival. The food was passed around the table, Bacon, bread, varied vegetables and some water. All in all a decent meal to start the day.

Alex
"So you lot, what's happening today?"

Everyone took out a pamphlet, on it described the events for the entirety of the festival.

Richard
"Apparently there is going to be Skooter race later this afternoon, I think I might head to that, what about you guys?"

Alex
"Sounds like fun, I'm in."

Richard gave him a slightly angry look, he was more annoyed then he was angry, mainly because he was too tired to be angry. Around the table however voices of agreement filed in, it would seem that the entire crew was in on the races.

Dalhia
"So, when's the rocket race?"

Richard
"That would be-

He took a quick look at the pamphlet.

-second to last day of the festival at night, they'll announce it an hour early apparently, also it appears you can gather extra materials before the races begin."

Alex
"Can we now? Interesting......"

Alex spaced off after that, why he was looking at the warehouse entrance just across the dockyard they couldn't tell, for the only thing stored in there were guns, guns, and upon that more guns.

--Cathedral Merchant District--

Lorena
"So what are we doing out here again?"

She was being pulled about by her partner in crime as the slightly unlikely pair strolled through market stall after market stall.

Dalhia
"You heard Richard, we can buy things for our ship, so all we need is to find the right items."

They stopped by a workshop and began looking through the wide assortment of parts that could be used. One item in particular caught both of their eyes.

Lorena
"Is that a-

Dalhia
"It is."

Both of them stared at it in amazement, mostly because at the price it was going at, no matter, it was cheap enough for them and they bought it anyway.

--Warehouse, South docks--

Richard
"What exactly are you doing?"

For the past hour or so Alex had been rifling through the old guns they used to use on the Skyrunner. He wasn't exactly sure what his captain was looking for, weapons were not allowed in the race, and even if they were, it's not like any of these would be an advantage.

Alex
"I found it!"

Richard
"What exactly is it?"

Alex
"Take a look at my ingeniousness and wipe that disappointed look off your face."

It was probably best if he just looked at it, it's not like it could be of any use to them. He looked in the storage container to see what all the fuss was about.

Richard
"Alright, it can't be that amazing is-

It took him a moment to realize what he was looking at.

-is that a Zypher rocket engine?!"

Alex
"I always thought this would come in handy one day, wouldn't think it'd be now though."

Richard
"Where in hells gate did you get that!?"

Alex
"Well it was sort of here when we bought the warehouse, didn't think it be of any use to us, in fact it wouldn't be, it would probably shatter the turning engines if we tried."

Richard
"I appreciate the thought, so how the hell are we going to keep this to ourselves, some thieves might want to get their hands on it."

Alex
"Simple, load it up on the Skyrunner, that way they'll have to scale rope to get at it, and then they'll wonder how the hell they're going to get the damn thing off the ship."

Richard
"Or we could just put it in one of the storage bins and call it a day."

Alex
"Fine, we'll do it your way."

Richard
"Can't believe you got us into this mess, now I want to win this."

Alex
"That's the spirit, all right help me load this in."
 
-Wild Winds Inn--

The two of them walked in as the other patrons were preparing for breakfast. It was kind of quiet but it was kind of a nice change of pace from the madness that was building outside. Also that and the two of them could really use a drink or rather five so they decided to head over to the Wild Winds to see what's what.

Gareth
"-Trust me, it'll take more than some old flame to make me leave my crew. You, Lionel, kay, Hector, all the lads, your like brothers."

He couldn't help but over hear that statement, he wasn't going to barge in like the recruitment a few days ago however.

Alex
"You can't still be angry with me."

Richard
"I more annoyed at the fact you decided to go along with her antics, she does this to spite me you know."

Alex
"I never did understand your relationship."

The two of them left if off there and decided it would be best, if they got back to their drinks.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 03, 2013, 07:23:10 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

Courage
"What?!? You signed me up for that?"

It's the morning of the next day and all four of them are down eating breakfast when BdrLine told Courage that he signed him up for the rocket race. His expression is not one of a happy man. 

BdrLine
"Come on it will be fun. It's straight forward, we put you in a ship strapped with as many rockets we can, fly to each checkpoint as fast as you can, and see how far you go as well. See simple."

Courage
"Not for the fact it's the most dangerous race out there."

BdrLine
"pssh there have been no reported deaths in this race, you'll be fine."

Courage
"How about the many injuries and accidents. The, the, the big one that happened many annums ago. The Chaladonian, inventor of the squid, what was his name..."

Snaps his fingers to help remember.

"Isaac Philips. He had a monstrosity of a build and he crashed into a town or something."

BdrLine
"But you have me and Tommy to help work on the ship you'll be using."

Courage
"Oh that's encouraging."

BdrLine
"Don't worry we will make this as safe as possible for you. We'll add a roll cage or something if worst come to worst."

Laying his head down in defeat, Courage gives in and will participate in the event. Humoured by the morning antics, Charles eats his meal while listening in on the conversation. As he finishes eating, Charles looks at the wall clock and sees it is almost time for the first shooting event.

Charles
"Skies look at the time. Well lads I'll be heading off to the competition range. Wish me luck."

The three waves him off as Charles walks out of the Inn and into the crowded streets towards the event. Back at the table, BdrLine and Tommy also looks at the clock and quickly finishes their food. As the two gets up, Courage put up his brand and stares at the pair.

Courage
"Where the flak are you two going?"

BdrLine
"To start on your ship that's what, we have a few days to get it ready and why not now. Just don't worry about it and spend the day out. Come one Tommy let's see if they have rockets around here."

The two leave the Inn as well leaving Courage at the table alone with his plate of food still in front of him. 

--Somewhere in Cathedral--

BdrLine
"Now if I were rocket parts to be used for the race, where would I be."

Tommy
"I don't think talking out loud will help Bdr."

BdrLine
"Shh hold on let me think."

The two are walking around the city looking for parts to be used for Courage's ship. For some hours now they haven't seen anything mechanical or rocket related. 

Tommy
"How about we check the docks, I think they have a warehouse of material just for this."

BdrLine
"hmm good point, let's go."

Shaking his head, Tommy wonders sometimes to BdrLine's oblivious nature as the docks would have been the first place to look. Somehow they manage to find themselves in the middle of a crowd where some street magician was performing. As they were leaving, in the background and announce calls out the name of the man.

Announcer
"Ladies and Gentlemen, give a round of applause for the Great Dayral."

--Docks--

At the docks, after asking and being pointed to the right direction, they see a warehouse open with spare rocket and ship parts for the race. Inside they see other competitors and their crew salvaging for parts.

BdrLine
"Ahh parts, this almost feels like a third home to me now."

Tommy
"Don't you get lost in your happy place, we still need to make a ship from scratch."

Shaking his head, BdrLine nods in agreement and the two enters the building to start on the project. 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 04, 2013, 02:35:20 am
--Wild Wind Inn--

After enjoying a hearty breakfast, Gareth, Lyre and Michael were discussing what to do that day.

Gareth
"We could go watch that shooting competition."

Lyre
"That'll do. You joining us Michael?"

Michael
"Can't, I gotta go get to work on finding a squid. I'm not entering no Junker in that race."

Gareth
"Good point. We're in fact using Lyre's Squid."

He turned to her.

"But we still need to retrofit some rockets."

Lyre
"Don't worry, I can get some of those from connections I have."

Michael looked at her a bit disapprovingly, before bidding fairwell and striding out of the Inn and heading to the docks. While Gareth and Lyre, closely followed by the eagles, went off in search of the shooting range.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 04, 2013, 02:26:11 pm
--Cathedral Merchant District--

The two of them continued walking along the stalls of mechanical parts, still holding the part that's going to win them the race.

Lorena
"can't believe we found a ADF-01 FALKEN engine, man didn't know what he had, anyway, what's the status on our combined funds?"

Dalhia
"1,236 I think anymore and we won't have enough for other things."

For just a moment her eyes snaked their way to a jewelry stand on the other side of the market and a clothes rack nearby. It was fairly obvious what she was asking but no, they needed this money to win, and it wasn't like they could wear the clothes on board the ship anyway.

 Lorena
"I know what you're thinking but no, we are not doing that."

Dalhia
"Awww, you're no fun!"

Lorena
"And I want to win, is that so much to ask?"

Dalhia
"Fine, I'll hold off on the clothes, what is the prize anyway?"

Lorena
"I don't actually know, anyway I want to get a skooter looter frame, preferably a two-seater, we'll convert it into a flying craft. Sound good?"

Dalhia
"Alright, we'll just have to find one."

--Cathedral Dock Yard--

Richard
"What exactly are we looking for?"

Alex
"One of those old flying craft pirates used to use back in the day, preferably a three seater, it'll be easier to use something made for flying at high speeds then just a ship."

Richard
"Do you at least have an idea about how much this'll cost?

Alex
"2,000? maybe 2,500. Ahh there's one."

Richard followed his gaze, it was an old battered looking craft. Still in one piece at least, it would probably need a bit of touching up here and there but it looked flyable.

Richard
"Question, do we even have that much to spend?"

Alex
"Nope, which is why we're going to barter our asses off."

They spent the next hour or so attempting to lower the price with no effect, unfortunately this meant they were going to have to improvise.

Alex
"That didn't work to well now did it?"

Richard
"You know we coul-'

Alex
"Think Alex think, what could we do?"

Richard
"Uh, captain I-"

Alex
"Not now Richard, ideas, I need Ideas."

Richard
"Captain we could-"

Alex
"Richard I said not now."

Richard
"Captain!"

Alex
"Ok fine, what the hell do you want!"

Richard
"Oh for heavens sake! Shut up for a moment!"

Oh that got him, it quite for a few seconds before he continued.

Richard
"All I'm trying to say is, we should buy a skooter looter, convert it into some sort of flying craft, and skillfully mount the engine on it, not only is it cheaper but we can use the damn thing later instead of it falling apart somewhere because we can't use it."

Alex began thinking it over, it was kind of an ingenious plan, a cheaper craft wouldn't put that large of a dent into their funds, but a skooter looter was also smaller, meaning they could fit it into smaller space.

Alex
"Alright fine, I still would prefer a three seater though.

 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 05, 2013, 03:11:14 am
--Docks--

Still at the spare rocket and parts warehouse, BdrLine and Tommy are at a table with a blueprint n front of them. On the paper, various sketches, designs, and measurements are drawn upon it.

With a pencil in hand, BdrLine writes down more on the sheet.

"Ok we know that there are going to be two winners in this thing, fastest time to each checkpoint and longest distance. And the record holder-"

Tommy
"A guy named Daniel Jones."

He points to Tommy for the answer.

"Rignt, did it in a ship with fixed wings and an inflatable balloon. But I think I've have something for us to make us go faster and farther. Ok we'll make a ship using light sheet metal to reduce weight, only adding parts that we truly need. And we are adding wings to this thing as I think it helped Daniel, but it's going to be swept back at an angle."

Putting a hand to stop him, Tommy interrupts BdrLine.

"Wait why swept back wings? Wouldn't normal aircraft wings work, why make a whole new design."

BdrLine
"Well my friend I figured out that swept wings reduces drag on the aircraft, thus making them fly faster."

Tommy
"And how you figured that out?"

BdrLine
"Ok while you guys were running the docks and saloon, I found a junked plane out in the Dunes while I was in my Junker. So I brought it back and fixed it and experimented on it a bi in my warehouse. One day I thought what would happen if I angled the wings back and poof I was soaring faster than Sky's newest plane."

Tommy
"Wait hold on, if you kept it in the warehouse, how come me or the other guys didn't notices it."

BdrLine
"Oh it was in the section where most of the stuff I'm working on blows up and I knew you guys wouldn't go near that area."

Tommy
"Ahh clever, man seriously that one part is such a disaster zone. Sounds like this is a plan in progress."

BdrLine
"Yup, now all we need to find are the rocket engines."

They turn around from the table and look at the massive warehouse and the materials inside.

BdrLine
"Looks like we are going to be here for a while."

Tommy
"Seems so, let's dig then."

The two then roll up their plans and enter the building.

--Competition Gun Range--

As the shooting competition is about to start, people come in and crowd the the range to get good seat to view competitors. Down at the actually range, Charles and around 50 or so other people are getting briefed by one of the judges.

Judge
"Alright, listen up. For all three events we are on a point system so what ever your time was in the speed challenges today, we have a chart to base it off from and tally your scores from there. The challenges for today, we are using the standard weapons used but the Militia here to make it even, so no personal or special weapons can be used. Weapons are the 12 gauge pump action shot gun, the Henry Repeater, Enfield bolt action rifle, and  the .45 revolver. For today's events, they are fastest to unload the weapon on a single target, on multiple targets, and ending in a speed course. Everyone understand."

A chorus of 'yes' can be hear throughout the crowd as they understand the regulations.

Judges
"Good, everyone one will be divided into groups of ten, I've have the list here, those who are not participating will wait in the spectator section, so when I call your names come with me to the competition range. ..."

As he calls out the first ten, Charles name wasn't called so he and the other forty go and watch and wait it out. As he watches the first ten, there are total of 12 challenges, four each for the individual weapons. During this time, much clanking can be heard as bullets are hitting the metal targets.

--Wild Winds Inn--

Finally deciding not to mop and accept that he is in the race, Courage finally eats and finishes his breakfast.

Hmm maybe it's not that all bad. BdrLine may have some crazy ideas and experiments, but in the end they work out exceptionally well. I should be happy he and Tommy are working in it. hmm he's right I should spend some time out.

With that he stands up from his seat and places the money for the meals on the table and heads out to the Festival.

--Cathedral Merchant District--

Courage is seen walking and enjoying his alone time to himself. He spots a booth with a man selling pistols. Behind one of the cases sits a double-action revolver and Courage looking down at it.

Courage
"Excuse me, can I look at that weapon?"

The vendor looks up to see who was asking and spots Courage and the item he was requesting.

Vendor
"Ahh the double-action, sure you look like a man who can handle such a piece."

He takes out a key and unlocks the case and brings he revolver out for him. Courage takes it from the man and eyes the firearm, looking down the sights and a feel for the grip and trigger. Satisfied for the feel and weight, he spins it in his hand back and forth before presenting it back to the vendor.

Vendor
"Full of energy aren't ya. So thinking of buying it?"

Courage
"I would like too, how much?"

Vendor
"2000 silvers or 1750 gold."

Courage
"Ohh, I don't have that much on me right now."

Vendor
"Ahh you know what, since you have some connection to this piece and I like ya, I'll reserve this for you until Festival week is over. Just get the money until then and the revolver is yours."

Courage
"Wow thanks"

Vendor
"No problem, now just run along and don't worry a thing."

With a nod, Courage leaves the booth and continues through the Festival.

--Docks--

Back at the warehouse, BdrLine and Tommy as found piles of sheet metal and places it to the side to be formed into their craft for later. On top of a pile of metal, BdrLine shifts through still looking for either more metal or controls. Unknown to him, his constant shifting weight and movement, the pile begins to slide and collapse. Passing by, Tommy carries some tools to shape the already found pieces when he notices the pile moving. Panicking, he drops the equipment and yells to BdrLine

"Bdr watch out, the pile you are on is about to slide underneath you."

Hearing the warning, BdrLine looks down as it begins to shake a little. Before it collapse he jumps off and onto Tommy as the pile of scrap spreads out.

BdrLine
"Thanks for the save."

Rubbing his head and pushing his friend off of him, Tommy to him.

"No problem, just watch it next time. What the flak?!?"

As he finishes his sentence, Tommy looks at the collapse pile and spots something.

BdrLine
"What? you see something?"

Tommy just uses one of his hands and turns BdrLine's head to the pile and uses the other to point what he was seeing. BdrLine's eyes widens as he spots it.

"Is that what I think it is?"

Tommy
"Uh huh"

BdrLine
"And there are two?"

Tommy
"Yup"

The pair rushes to the location which turns out to be two large engines.

BdrLine
"I've heard rumors that some prototypes were made in Kian, but I didn't think they were true."

Tommy
"How did it get here to Cathedral?"

BdrLine
"I don't know but you know what we have right now."

They both look at eachother and together

"The experimental X-02 Wyvern"

They give high fives as to the extraordinary find and quickly went to find a crane to lift the two up to their build site.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 05, 2013, 03:57:33 am
Between three different teams, experimental and possibly quite dangerous engines find their ways into their grasps. Whether or not these engines will bring them to victory is uncertain, only time will tell and the skills of those who pilot them.

--Cathedral Dock Yard--

Alex
"Right we found our skooter frame and our Zypher engine, funny thing about the Zypher, it's actually called the XB-0 Hresvelgr but apparently most people can't pronounce that."

Richard
"Well that's a slightly useless fact, how does that help us exactly?"

Alex
"Doesn't, just a little fun fact for the day."

He quickly took out his time piece and took a look at it before pocketing it.

Alex
"She's late you know, what could she be doing?"

Reagan
"Sorry!"

She came up running to them, behind her was a large cart holding various parts and items.

Reagan
"I had to grab some stuff from the race warehouse, couldn't let them take all the good light stuff, I also have a few heavier pieces for coverings."

Richard
"Any glass we can use for a pull over?"

Alex took a step towards it, taking a quick look inside he spotted a variety of small metal sheets, some shaping tools, and a variety of other things.

Alex
"I'd say we're good to go."

The began hauling the cart to their warehouse, Alex thought it would be best if he discussed the ladder board now instead of later.

Alex
"Okay so there are two section for the race, distance and speed, while a group can top in both categories they can only win one. That way an entire group doesn't take all the spoils you see."

They rounded a corner onto the main avenue, he took out his time piece again, according to this the Skooter races would begin in about an hour.

Richard
"Right then it gives us something to aim for, question is what should we go for, distance or speed?"

Reagan
"I'd say distance, however if we can hit the speed one as well that would be nice as well, however"

She took a quick look at Richard.

-You are a master navigator and pilot, if anyone can get us the distance prize it's you."

Richard
"Why thank you, if anything I bet a decent amount of the groups will be mounting a single fire rockets, they'll last as long as the fuel does and then cut out. They may have an engine for back up use but they may not be able to sustain it."

Alex
"Sounds about right, I saw one of the guys I met at the inn a bit ago with a colleague, they looked pretty happy about something so I assume they found an engine that might be better then ours."

Richard
"Really now? This race is going to be interesting, also if you don't know I saw your daughter earlier with Dalhia, they were hauling an engine back with them so I assume they're in the race as well."

Reagan
"Oh you have daughter?"

She was pretty surprised to say the least, she kind of thought him unmarried, a pity.

Alex
"Yup, twenty-one in fact. To think we'll be facing off against our head engineer though, Richard what do you think about this?

Richard
"It will be a very interesting race."

Reagan
"Well it's something we can agree on."

The group continued down the street till they reached the warehouse. Putting their parts together with the engine and loading in the three seater frame, they managed to get their equipment together in preparation for the race in just a few days, considering the time, they gathered the crew together and headed off to the skooter races.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 05, 2013, 10:46:23 am
-- A Cathedral Dock warehouse--

Michael and Hector, the crew's engineer, were rummaging about in a lesser known of Cathedral's old warehouses, trying to search for as many and as powerful engines as possible.

Hector
"Sir, it seems most people are going along the route of small and light aircraft. Shouldn't we be doing something similar instead of taking a proper airship, even if it's a squid?"

Michael
"Trust me there's method in my madness. See, the problem with small aircraft is that there's no room, so people often have to settle for one or two engines, but we..."

He overturned a large sheet of metal to uncover four very large engines.

"... We can go for at least five."

Hector
"But we will still won't have the handling capabilities of a skooter."

Michael
"Don't underestimate me."

--Competition Gun Range--

Gareth
"Don't underestimate Michael."

While watching the displays of gunfire, Gareth and Lyre were discussing the upcoming race and their plans.

"He may not seem it, but he's an exceptional pilot."

Lyre
"So he actually has a chance of winning?"

Gareth
"More than us I dare say. But I doubt even he can win a race like this with a proper airship. He probably has something up his sleeve."

Lyre
"Weren't we doing that too?"

Gareth
"...No... It was just a, err, a trick. I never actually intended to use a-"

Lyre
"Should we find some skooters?"

Gareth
"Yep."

Lyre
"I know where we can find a few really good ones."

Lyre led the way away from the shooting range and toward the docks and hew ship.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 05, 2013, 09:56:44 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

The festival sweeps through the city, leaving everyone who comes into contact with it elated.
Except Plasma, and the other barkeeps in the city. With no sign of Newt or Emily, he sprints, tumbles, and lurches around the room, delivering drinks and keeping up with orders. It's not long before he's entirely exhausted.

The afternoon grants him a bit of a reprieve. The doors open an a man enters. He is wrapped entirely in cloth. A long tan cloak covers plain linen garments. His face is wrapped in a long strip of cloth, which reveals only his eyes. The buzzing raucous atmosphere of the bar stumbles a bit as he sweeps through the door, standing imposingly just inside the threshold and staring imperiously around the bar, searching each patron optically before moving to the next.

Eventually he moves up to the bar, and the room resumes it's previous raucour.

Plasma glances up at the man unevenly, slowly turning a rag around a glass tankard.

Plasma
"Can I get you anything?"

Man of Dust
"You are Plasma, formerly of Anvala, ascended to the rank of Lieutenant, son of Lily and Evan?"

The mallet-like force and quiet, surgeon-like delivery leave Plasma blinking at the man, fumbling the mug onto the counter and leaning heavily upon it.

Plasma
"How...? Who are...?"

The man holds up a hand, palm out.

Man of Dusty
"There is a race that will happen soon. A man in this race has no honor and will ensure the race becomes very difficult, both for himself, and the other racers. I tell you this as an offering of peace, of good will. We of dust wish to see no harm come to those in the race. This is your place of residence, contact whom may help you prevent this man. But be wary. He will not be easy to hinder."

The man abruptly turns and strides out the door, leaving Plasma gibbering in his wake.

Someone is going to sabotage the rocket race? How would they even? It's already about as dangerous as you can get...


 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 05, 2013, 11:25:34 pm
A man sat within a nondescript room. His plan was coming to fruition yet there was a force moving to hinder him. He had caught wind of certain engines finding their way into the hands of certain competitors, engines he has not modified to fulfill the plan he has. No matter he thought, he had contacts, contacts that would eliminate them quietly during the race. There was one thing he did not know though, he was being watched by forces, and soon plans everywhere would fall into place.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 06, 2013, 06:21:21 am
--Garrow, Just Outside of Cathedral--

Gareth and Lyre stepped off the ship into the docks of a relatively small town, completely unsuspicious and even now in full merriment due to the festival which even took place here. They walked out of the dock and into the centre of town.

Gareth
"So who are we looking for?"

Lyre
"Do you remember Mockingjay?"

Gareth
"How could I forget."

Mockingjay had previously been one of Gareth and Lyre's contacts, fixing them up with equipment and unsavoury items whenever asked. To any outsider it would seem as though they were friends. But in reality Mockingjay never owed any allegiances other than to the highest bidder. And when the highest bidder was Yeshan authority, he sold out his "friends", luring them into an ambush in which Gareth was captured and Lyre only just managed to escape relatively unharmed. Since then Mockingjay has always had a small bit of paranoia incase Gareth escaped or Lyre took revenge, moving base every month or so, thinking he would always stay off the radar. But he was ever so wrong.

Lyre led Gareth into a dark alleyway and through a surprisingly unguarded door. They entered into a large warehouse full of junk with a few useful things scattered around the place. On the ceiling there was a large skylight which was the only source of light right now in the otherwise dark room. From another room leading off of the other end of this one they could hear the high-pitched, painfully familiar voice of Mockingjay.

Mockingjay
"Hold on, hold on! I'll be with you in a second!"

He hobbled out into the main room and froze dead in his tracks when he realised who it was, daring not move due to the fact that Gareth had a gun pointed at his head.

Gareth
"Hi, how's life? What's it been, five years?"

Mockinjay
"Please, forgive me. I was only trying to save myself."

Gareth lowered his gun.

Gareth
"Don't worry, I'd have done the same."

Mockingjay
"Really?"

Gareth
"NO, you fucking traitor! I'd never have done that!"

He raised his gun again super fast.

Lyre
"Look, we're not here to kill you. We just want a little compensation for all the trouble."

Mockingjay
"Well that's too ba- GUARDS!"

He ducked down behind cover just in time for Gareth's bullet to skim over his head. Then, from the back room, a squad of seven Yeshan soldiers came running out and taking position behind piles of junk. Ducking down, Gareth and Lyre both either drew or reloaded their pistol. The Yeshans started firing on them as they contemplated whether or not to make a dash for the exit, before deciding it was too exposed and too far away.

Gareth
"The bastard's done it again hasn't he?"

Lyre
"Yep."

She peered out of cover and took a pot shot, sadly not hitting target.

"It's no use, we're pinned down. And they're starting to move up."

Gareth
"We need backup."

Lyre
"What kind."

Gareth tried immensely hard in that second to come up with a witty and badass pun involving birds but was unable to.

Gareth
"The... Bird kind."

He shot the skylight, shattering it and sending broken glass flying all over the room but, more importantly, letting the two eagles come soaring in to their aid. The eagles then, able to fly with great speed even in the confined space of the warehouse, flew around the Yeshans, scratching and pecking and generally distracting them in general. They seemed to gang up on one of them, clawing at his face together and leaving him bleeding on the ground, before flying out of the way to dodge a bullet. While Gareth and Lyre, taking advantage of the soldiers' distraction, leapt over cover and advanced quickly, dispatching soldiers with great speed until only one was left, pointing a pistol at Gareth. Then Roc flew over and grabbed the pistol from his hand, dropping it one the other side of the room, leaving Gareth to shoot him between the eyes.

Checking there was no more resistance, Gareth and Lyre approached the specific pile of junk that Mockingjay was cowering behind. But, just then, Mockingjay jolted out from cover and fired a pistol wildly, hitting Lyre around the stomach. Lyre fell to the ground, groaning in pain, as Gareth fell to the ground, coddling her, and the eagles attacked Mockingjay, even going so far as to leave him dead and unrecognisable. Gareth quickly tore off a portion of his own cloak and wrapped it around Lyre's midriff like a bandage, before picking her up and rushing out of the warehouse and straight to the dock and the ship. He then set her down on the deck and cast off, taking the ship quickly back to Cathedral with the eagles flying behind.

When they got back to Cathedral Gareth carried her off the ship and in the direction of the Inn.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 06, 2013, 04:01:53 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma is still brooding when Gareth carries Lyre through the door, a wild plea in his eyes. Two agitated birds follow him through the door.

Plasma
"Skies, what fresh hell is this!?"
Will this day never end? I swear, I'm never tending bar again!

He immediately rushes over, sweeping his hand over a table and sending the contents scattering to the ground.

Plasma
"Lay her there. She's been shot? Where? You!"

He points at a young, rather sober lad.

Plasma
"Fetch a doctor immediately! Tell him someone's been shot!"

Gareth carefully lowers the woman onto the table. Plasma grabs a knife and cuts the makeshift bandage away. He hisses through his teeth as he sees the wound.
How is she still alive!? The amount of blood she must have lost...

Plasma
"This is going to hurt, lucky she's not awake."

He carefully mops up most of the blood, and grabs a bottle of clear liquor of some sort. He pours it onto a clean, white cloth and quickly goes to work around the ruined flesh. He then balls up the sterile rag and presses it against the wound. He looks up at Gareth, a sudden panic'd idea entering his mind. He hands Gareth a knife and a clean fork.

Plasma
"Get that bullet out. Now."

He leaps behind the bar. Returning with a thick black liquid that stinks of gunpowder and alcohol. He glances at the blood covered hands of Gareth, avoiding the man's eyes. They fall instead on the slug in the crimson pool beside her. He grunts, slapping the black paste over the wound and then lighting a match.

Gareth
"Stop! You can't-"

The stuff ignites, burning it's hot sticky way into nothing. Or almost nothing. A fine, almost epoxy-like coating is left in the wake of the liquid, sealing any wounds the stuff didn't outright cauterize. Plasma sighs a sort of half relief.

Plasma
"It's alright, I've had to use this stuff before on...unfortunate crew mates. It's done what it can, and it'll keep doing it. The rest is up to her. Take her upstairs. Any room you like. The doctor will be along shortly. Until then, water."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 07, 2013, 10:09:47 pm
--Docks--

In the race warehouse, Tommy and BdrLine has lifted and move the two engines to their build site. After securing and placing tarp over them so no one will see and be able to steal them, both men started to mend and fuse the metal together in some sort of a fuselage. After a few hours of work, they decide to take a break and look over the plans again, they head over to a table and bring out the blueprint.

BdrLine
"Ok, so far we made roughly the main body-"

He looks over his shoulder to the...build

"-well the front part at least."

Looking at the sheet of paper, Tommy places a finger and points to the cockpit.

Tommy
"How about controls, we still need to add them, especially to the wings and engines,"

BdrLine
"Once we have the body finished, and the wings fabricated, we get started on that. And speaking of engines, Gods i can't believe I'm asking this. But Tommy you remember that Dragon Pepper mixture those swabbies put in the Starlight?"

Tommy
"You can't be serious, you heard the explosion and saw the damage it did."

BdrLine
"I know, buuut look they were prop engines and the way that mixture went through the system caused a major ignition which made them explode. Here we have rocket engines, which are design for mini internal explosions, so they can go faster. So you remember the mixture."

Tommy
*Sigh* "Yeah I so, so im guessing im heading to the market to buy a crate worth."

BdrLine
"Yeah, and sorry you will be making it."

Sighing again, Tommy wipes some grease off his forehead and both he and BdrLine leaves to the market. As they buy the necessary ingredients for the new Dragon Fuel, as BdrLine aptly named, they head back to the dock entrance where BdrLine tells Tommy he is going back to the Inn.

--Competition Gun Range--

After the first 20 people went and did their run though the events, Charles's name was called in the third group and he and the other nine walks out to the range. As he walks down, he sees the many stations for the different weapons, Charles is then lead to the .45 revolver speed course. At an adjourning table to the entrance lies multiple pistols for use and many crates of ammunition. Beside the table stands a judge with a clipboard and a timer.

Judge
"Charles Nelson"

Charles
"Yes"

Judge
"Here is the rundown, you will get one pistol and 4 quick loading cylinders for the revolver, your weapon will be already pre-loaded with six bullets. This the speed course, you will go inside and follow the path to the end of the course, there are a total of 30 targets inside, and you will be timed on how quickly and how many targets you hit, ready."

After listening inventively, Charles nods his head.

Judge
"Alright, you may grab the weapon and standby for the signal."

Charles walks past the judge and picks up one of the revolvers, latching to his belt, he places the additional rounds. He takes slow breathes as he readies himself and closes his eyes. Around him it felt like time is slowing down as he somewhat hears the ticking on the judges watch. Soon a whistles is blown and Charles eyes snap open as he picks up the revolver and heads in the course.

--Somewhere in Cathedral--

As Courage enjoy his time off not worry about anything but the Festival, he spots two ladies hauling in their arms an engine. Thinking that they might be getting tired, and may try his luck, he swept back his hair and goes to the two.

Courage
"Umm excuse me misses, may I offer my assistance to help carry that for you?"

--Wild Winds Inn--

As BdrLine enters the establishment, he heads straight for the bar where he spots Plasma.

BdrLine
"Hey there Plasma, busy daa-a-a-a, the FLAK just happen?"

When he nears his acquaintance, he sees the blood on him and on the floor.

BdrLine
"Almost like the old times at the Saloon, so who got injured?"

--Non-Descriptive Room--

A man looks out through a window as he looks down at the crowd of people. The room itself feels dark as there is almost no light besides the one coming from the window. On a desk in the room lies an opaque birdlike mask, a sign of weaken and almost dead organization. A door opens and another man enters and closes the door behind him. Not looking away from the window, this mysterious man starts to speak.

Mystery Man
"So are the plans for the race being carried out?"

Man
"Yes sir, but is this necessary? Our resources are very thin, and shouldn't we coordinate with the others who are left?"

Mystery Man
"I don't associate with them anymore, while they hide to grow again, I have a different agenda and it is all dependent on getting those engines."

The Mystery Man slams a fist to the wall shaking it.

Mystery Man
*snarling* "This wouldn't have necessary, working darker in the shadows, and now the organization is scattered as well. Damn those Anvalan scum, if they weren't there at Wu, we would have taken Empire, or the world by now. That Admiral and his men, we should have captured that Zhao sooner then have waited for both siblings."

Man
"Zhao sir?"

Mystery Man
"Yes one of the children of that disgusting Zhao Family. We would have used him as bargaining chip."

Man
"Well sir, at the docks, there was a new shipping job to deliver good straight to the Zhao Manor. It was made by a man named Azn Zhao."

Turning to away from the window, the Mystery Man faces the other.

Mystery Man
"Azn Zhao if i heard correct."

Man
"Yes sir, that was the one who made the job."

Forming a smile, he starts to produce a sinister chuckle.

Mystery Man
"hehe, this may play to advantage, get you men and accept that job. If anything happens in this race, we have something to go back on."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 07, 2013, 11:52:01 pm
--Cathedral Central District--

The two of them looked him over, of course he could just be trying to be nice but then again he also could be the opposite. The two of huddled together and spoke in whispers.

Dalhia
"What do you think?"

Lorena
"He wants the engine, there is no question about it."

Dalhia
"Well what do we do about it, we could just turn him away or-

She thought it over for a quick moment.

-we could use our feminine wiles."

Lorena just stared at her in shock, the idea was mad and as her father would say "This is crazier then stealing salvage from under the empire." Then again he's done it several times before so that really doesn't count, then again of course it's still a pretty crazy idea even if pulled off.

Lorena
"This is the worst idea you've had in the longest time, I guess we'll go along with it for now."

The two of them parted and looked back at him, he was looking a little bit expectant but then again most guys would.

Lorena
"Alright, here."

She passed it to him and he only grunted with effort, it was pretty heavy item, even with his strength.

Courage
''Alright, where to little lady."

Lorena
"Oh you know, south docks, there's a warehouse that someone I know owns, we'll store it there for now."

Courage
"Alright then, lets head off shall we?"

Dalhia
"After you kind sir."

He though her voice was a little sultry, boy, two gorgeous women, was he going to be lucky tonight."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 08, 2013, 01:12:23 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

"...So who got injured?"

Gareth only just noticed BrdLine's entrance he was so fixated on Lyre.

Gareth
"A, err, partner... Lover... Thing."

It was as though his very ability to form a cohesive sentence was taken.

"Either way..."

He picked her up and cautiously carried her upstairs to his rented room to rest, the eagles hurriedly flying behind in pursuit.

--Docks--

Michael and his select crew had gone about finding the cheapest Squid available, and proceeding to almost dismantle it. They took away any unnecessary parts and replaced others with lighter alternatives until, in the end, it could not really be called a Squid anymore. It was the skeleton of a Squid, the bare minimum needed to keep it in the air.

But it wouldn't stop there. They then went about removing the standard propeller engines and replacing them with six, yes six rockets, four to act as thrust, and two flipped around and placed on the sides to make the ship at least somewhat menuevourable, if still no much, before connecting it all and standing back to look at the creation.

Hector
"Bootiful, but it needs a name."

Kay
"How bout... 'I swear it seemed like a good idea'"

Lionel
"Too long, it needs to be something short and snappy like 'Fast'"

Michael eventually decided on the not very accurate or representative 'Startail'"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 08, 2013, 09:07:00 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma turns to BdrLine with a slightly worried expression as Gareth takes Lyre upstairs.

Plasma
"I suppose it's nothing we haven't been through. Still, this sort of thing tends to happen less often in Cathedral. With the festival here... well, things were bound to get more rowdy. I'd still want a proper doctor to take a look at her. Gut shots have a way of killing you once you think you're fixed."

He sighs and slides back over the bar. Pouring a couple of drinks for a pair of patrons, the beer runs over the mugs before he starts and carefully closes the taps. He places the drinks in front of the two who seem not to notice and turns to BdrLine, brushing liquid off his front.

Plasma
"Can I ask you to keep an eye out? I've heard some very strange things today. Someone might be planning to sabotage the rocket race-"

He raises his hands, palms up at BdrLine's sudden skeptical look.

Plasma
"-I know, what's the point, right? If you know anyone in the race, tell them to be careful. And keep your eyes peeled. The festival can attract more than just revelry."

--Somewhere outside Cathedral--

A pair stand on a small hill. Staring at the city. One is fairly tall, muscly, hooded. The other is shorter, somewhat slight, with a face-mask and wide-brimmed hat. The voice that issues from the masked one is inhuman. A mechanical rasp forced into the patterns of human speech.

Short one
"We've planted the faulty engines. What if they notice the flaws?"

The other's voice is solid. Familiar. Friendly. A strong voice bend into reluctant dark purpose.

Big one
"They won't. The flaws are internal, and nobody understands how those engines work. If you open an experimental engine, you risk not being able to reassemble it. This close to the start of the race, they won't dare. Besides, what is there to notice? Short tests should run fine, I've made sure of that. It's only a long burn that'll cause...malfunction."

The short one nods. Tries to speak and doubles over in a fit of coughs.

Big one
"Is that really necessary? Who is going to recognize your voice...?"

Short one
"I don't - *cough* - if it goes wrong, he cannot- *cough* - know what we are. Besides he - *cough cough cough*"

The big one turns away, irritated.

Big one
"I don't like this job. Niether of them would like it either. We're working for ghosts. It might be more convenient for them to dispose of assets instead of compensating them."

The short one straightens again, but is silent. The sun is beginning to set. The pair begin to walk in the direction of Cathedral, stopping in a little know farm shed to alter their appearance, before slipping cheerfully back into town.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 09, 2013, 12:45:55 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Taking a seat and placing his fore finger and thumb on his chin, BdrLine thinks of why would anyone want to sabotage the race. After not finding a conclusion, he tursn to face Plasma.

"Alright I'll tell the others when I see them, but seriously, sabotage? Does this man have no honor? For now, can you give me something 'zingy' that drink you gave me the first time was mild toy taste."

--Docks--

Chopping away at their build site, Tommy has gone through half of the Dragon Peppers in the crate. People passing by looks on at the sight as he is wearing a gas mask and rubber gloves so he won't inhale or touch the hot peppers. After cutting them to a mush, he slides the mash into a barrel of rocket fuel and mixes the concoction. Minuetes pass as he stops mixing and adds in a whole box of lochnagar powder into the barrel. Once done, he tops it off and rolls the fuel to where 3 more are done. Taking off his gas mask, Tommy breaths in the fresh air. Looking at the four barrels he says to himself.

"Sometime Bdr, I don't think you pay me enough for the odd jobs you put us through."

With a quick wash of his hands from the canteen of water he brought, Tommy secures the site and leaves back for the Inn.

--Competition Gun Range--

4 hours of shooting later, the day's shooting events comes to the end. Exiting the range, Charles smiles to himself for the performance he gave. The results for Day 1's shooting were finished and the placed 2nd overall. Only reason why he didn't gotten first was during the shotgun and the Henry Repeater elements of the events. During those portions, he fumbled a little each time he tried to reload the weapon, causing him to loss time. Overall, in the other weapon sections, he has claimed the fastest time for each of the events. Smiling, he heads back to tell the others.

--South Docks--

Still carrying the engine, Courage and the two ladies are almost at the warehouse they mentioned earlier. The walk has been uneventful to him as he stayed silent and the two talk to themselves. As they enter the warehouse, Courage sees what look like a ship with rockets strapped on them. After placing down the engine, he goes over to admire the work.

"Huh, nice ship, so I'm guessing this is your craft and entering the race as well? And this is a final piece to it? I'm also in the race, so I bet we be seeing eachother again soon."

Taking his eyes off the ship, he looks inside the warehouse and notices the many weapons and parts. He walks over to a section and looks at the many different equipment.

"Man there's a lot of stuff here, I know a friend who would be happy to rummage through here. Hey what's this?"

He spots a howitzer in a section with other weapons and goes over to it. He examines the weapon and turns to the two.

"Where did you guys get this? This is an early model of the new Mercury that Anvala commisioned months back. I know only the Anvalan Military and those associated with them carry these. And I know they wouldn't sell these off, so where you guys find them?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 09, 2013, 01:04:33 am
--Warehouse South Docks--

Lorena
"Curious aren't you?"

She walks over to the howitzer, examining quite frankly wholeheartedly, she loved guns, as much as she loved her engines, which was a lot frankly.

Dalhia
"Her Dad runs a salvage operation, for the past while we've been rummaging through the battle field by Anvala. It surprises me no one has been going through it as much as we have.

She looked at Lorena who was still fawning over the guns.

Dalhia
"And frankly I don't get what she sees in engines, I get her love for guns though, I happen to be the gunner ship side."

The two of them began looking through the various guns in the warehouse, there was quite frankly a lot of them, several maintained heavy flaks sat at the back of the warehouse, several mortars were strewn across the room, a few chain guns were mounted on walls with a few sitting on the tables, some of them had side handles. Looked like the captain was up to his antics again, to the side was a blueprint for some sort of vessel, Richard had his name signed in the corner.

Courage
"What the hell is that, it's like some sort of glob or, manta ray whatever the hell that is."

Dalhia
"To be honest I don't know, the captain and Richard are like this sometimes. Take a look at that."

In a corner sat a few balloons and a something that resembled a launcher, a few heavy explosives sat in a box next to it.

Dalhia
"That however looks like something some chaldonian inventor would make, forget his name, something Phillips that's for sure. The captain mentioned it a while back, said something about a miss-delivery."

Courage
"Well this is all interesting but I think that I got to-

While the two of them had been talking they forgot Lorena was also with them, he found himself right on top of her.

Lorena
"Heh, hi there."

She was rather embarrassed about the situation, who knows how he must be feeling. Good thing her father wasn't here to see this he would flip. The warehouse decided then to open and Alex walked in.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 09, 2013, 02:17:00 am
--Warehouse, South Docks--

Dalhia
"... for the past while we've been rummaging through the battle field by Anvala. It surprises me no one has been going through it as much as we have."

At the mention of the Anvalan battlefield, Courage's mind goes back to the Baron siege of the City. He remembers the ships they amassed and the sky battle that have taken place between theirs and the enemy. He remember being helpless as a few of their air ships fell under their guns and the fatigue during the street fighting.

After Dalhia turns back from looking a t Lorena and saying something about being the ships gunner, she see Courage looking out into space.

Dahlia
"You in there?"

Shaking, Courage turns to see Dalhia looking at him.

"Oh yeah sorry, oh and to answer yeah no one has been through that was after the battle we only went out and collected our downed Anvalan ships and equipment. Looks like we missed a few with this howitzer for example. And we didn't bothered with the Baron stuff, don't want to associate with that tech, plus we had a city to rebuild. *Looking back at the howitzer* Just don't let this into get into the wrong hands, you don't know the power these ons have."

Dalhia
"Ookay, so how about a little tour."

Accepting, he and Dalhia walks around as she shows him the different weapons they salvaged. He even goes to a chuckle at the chaingun with hand grips, as it reminds him of a certain on the run Commander that BdrLine says uses that kind of means to collect bar tabs. Got confused by a ship design that he bets only BdrLine and Tommy would understand. As they head back to the entrance Dalhia points to a contraption in the corner.

Dalhia
"... forgot his name, something Phillips that's for sure. Tha captain mentioned it a
while back, said something about a miss-delivery."

Courage
"Issac."

Dalhia looks at him as she missed what he said.

"Say again?"

Courage
"The Chaladonion you were trying to remember, his name was Isaac Phillips. Coincidentally he was in this race as well a while back.  Well this is all interesting but I got to-"

As he turns around to leave, Courage has forgotten that a third person was in here as he was too focus on the equipment. When he step forward, he accidentally fall on top of Lorena.

Lorena
"Heh, hi there."

Courage
I knew when I first saw them, I wanted to get close to one of them, but this is ridiculous. Oh Flak me. "Um hi yourself."

Courage then turns his head to the open door and sees Alex coming in. He quickly stands up and helps Lorena to her feet as well. Not know who it is at first, Courage raises his arms in the arm to signify no wrong doing.

Courage
"Who ever you are, nothing was happening,  I just fell on her on accident. *squinting closer* Wait I know you, you're the man I saw at the Inn and at the bank. I'm guessing you work here?"

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 09, 2013, 02:45:26 am
Courage
-I'm guessing you work here?"

Oh he had no idea, but the fact of the matter was however he wasn't going to let a man touch his daughter like that, so time to pull out the swords it would seem. He drew the straight sword from its sheath and pointed it at his throat.

Alex
"I'm going to let you off the hook for now, however...."

His other hand was curled into a very tight fist, which just so happened to flying toward his face. The two masses of flesh collided with a resounding wet flap as he was thrown to the ground.

Alex
"Ain't nobody, but nobody touching my little girl like that."

Lorena
"Was that really necessary?!"

Alex
"You bet it was, come on the skooter races are almost back from half-time."

The three of them exited the warehouse, courage was sitting on the floor massaging the side of his face, what mess this was. At least this comfy heavy flak cannon seat was there, he would have been lucky to hit nothing in this pile of guns and nonsense. What caught his eye however was a small note, apparently it was from the other lady, he didn't ask her name now that he thought of it. He decided to leave it for later, for now he was going to head back to the Inn for a stiff drink.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 09, 2013, 03:59:28 am
--Narrator--

As Courage enters the Inn, he spots the rest of his friends at a table talking to each other. As he nears them, he notices something was off just by the tone of their voices. Courage takes the empty chair at the table and sits in it as the others faces to see who was at the table.

Charles
"Looks like you had a bad day, let me guess trying to flirt with a girl and her boyfriend comes up and went straight for your nose."

Rolling his eyes, he grabs a mug off the platter on their table that was infront of them before he arrived.

Courage
"Just so you know I had a good day today, until thirty minutes ago. And you are wrong on Rhodes points 1) I wasn't flirting, I accidentally fell on a lady and 2) it was her father. Which by the way is the owner of a weapons and equipment warehouse in the southern docks. Bdr you should check on that sometimes."

BdrLine
"Alright, but we have something bigger at the moment. Before you came I was telling Tommy and Charles here that someone may try and sabotage the race."

Eyes now wide, Courage place his mug on the table and leans in.

Courage
"Really? How do you know."

BdrLine
"Plasma told me, and the way he said it, he was skeptical too. Still we can't risk this and he told me to warn other racers we know."

Courage
"Well the person who hit me daughter is competing. I can warn her. But how about our ship?"

Tommy
"Well I secured our build site before I left. If there is a sabatouer, I want to check everything."

BdrLine
"Let's doing tomorrow, I had enough for one day."

The four then finishes their mugs and went up to retire for the evening. Upstairs in another room, Gareth has placed Lyre on the bed waiting for the doctor, now and then he would gave her a sip of water. Soon the doctor Plasma has sent for arrived and entered the room. Seeing his patient, he turns to Gareth and nods to him that she can be saved. Relaxing a bit, he sits back as the doctor looks at the current bandages on her and begins his work.

At the skooter races, Alex come back with his daughter and gunner and sees that most of his crew are back as well. As soon the break was over, the racers take their positions again and resumed the races.

--End Narration--

End of Day 5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Start of Day 6

Third Day of Spring Festival

Narrator

The next day starts like the past two days of the Festival, a mass influx of people and tourist to enjoy in the merriment. But the day comes with mixed feelings from the different groups. One so is the paranoid feel of BdrLine and his men with the knowledge of a sabatouer in the race. For Gareth, he waits anxiously for the doctor to finish on Lyre. But for Alex it seems like another day, besides the fact of The incident with Courage, he and his men are, for now, unaware of the different happenings and continue their day.

End Narration
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 09, 2013, 10:48:05 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

An hour after the Doctor had finished his work, Lyre woke up and was assured that she would make a full recovery within a week.

Doctor
"Luckily, it was a clean entry and didn't severely damage any vital organs."

Lyre
"How long until I can leave this bed?"

Doctor
"I would recommend you stay rested for the full week but, if you insist, I would say you can move around again after a day or two."

Lyre was slightly deflated by the idea of staying cooped up in this room for even another hour, active by nature, the prospect was not attractive.

Gareth
"Thank you doctor."

The Doctor tipped his hat and strolled out, leaving a bottle of painkillers on the bedside table. After he left Gareth proceeded to tell Lyre what happened after she went out, putting extra clarification on the nature of Mockinjay's timely demise, before telling her of how he carried her back to the ship, flew with breakneck speed back to Cathedral, and carried her to the Inn. He then told her of Plasma's procedure and making a mental note to himself to give Plasma a formal gesture of gratitude, before then explaining what the doctor had told him of the extent of the injury.

Lyre
"Well, I'm guessing we're out of the race then."

Gareth
"Yeah, they've already started."

Lyre
"And where's Roc and Garuda?"

Gareth looked out of the window.

Gareth
"I imagine they're fascinated by the fast moving objects."

Lyre
"You know, you don't have to stay here with me."

Gareth
"Well I'm sorry to disappoint you, but I do."

She chuckled, before switching to an unnerving and quite terrifying glare that lasted for around ten seconds.

Gareth
"I'll go."

And so he gave Lyre a kiss and strode out of the room, down the stairs and out the door to enjoy the festivities.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 09, 2013, 11:54:20 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma descends the stares, eyes fixed on something not quite present, absently buttoning his coat.
The Inn, as it has been, is full of breakfasting patrons. He seems to break from his stupor and nods to the few familiar faces in the room.
Emily is once again behind the bar. He strides over to her.

Plasma
"I'm taking a day. I have no idea how you do this job. I'll be somewhere in the middle of the festival should you need me. I imagine if anyone can find me, it'll be you or Newt."

She gives him an almost worried look that instantly melts into indifference. Plasma turns away before allowing a brief bit of disappointment to play over his face. Then he is out the door, gently pressing through the flow of humanity filling the city streets. The races would be starting later, everyone would be making last minute adjustments. It was the last and only chance to figure out what the hell was going on.

--Rented Dock Space, Southern Air Docks--
Plasma crouches by the skylight of a large hangar. He can see the people within working on some kind of odd looking craft. He checks the back. Rocket Engines.
Finally, this is the fourth roof I've been on this morning...

He takes a radio out of his coat pocket.
Plasma
"Time for a 'surprise inspection' captain. Just keep them distracted for ten minutes."

As the guards enter the building, Plasma jimmies the latch on the light and drops onto a catwalk below. He runs along it and swings himself over the stairs, eventually reaching the floor. He rapidly unbolts one of the engines, an ancient model known for it's propensity to detonate randomly.

You wouldn't even need to modify this, it's already a deathtrap... I wonder...

He gouges out several samples of metal from within the engine, and quickly checks over the control mechanisms. He pauses, then plucks out the fundamental reaction controller: A small copper and bronze box wired into much of the device. Satisfied, he scales the catwalks back to the skylight as he hears the crew returning, complaining loudly about wasting time and legitimate practices.

--RF Secure Lab, somewhere under the city, a short while later--
Plasma sits in the center of a nest of wires, scope displays, antenni, and humming generators. A small space has been cleared in the mess of mechanisms, wire, and batteries on the desk in front of him. A brilliant green pair of monitors show identical sine waves. He sighs and stares at the controller.

The interior of the engines had tested negative for everything he could possibly think of. Or so the state chemists had told him. There was no reason to distrust them, at least, none he could find. This little technological wonder then, could be the only alteration. However it performed identically to the standard rocket controller he'd manage to swipe. He leans back in his chair, thrusting his hands into his pockets. They encounter something round and cold. He takes out the little sphere and presses the button.

The mechanical spider gazes balefully up at him from it's perch on his palm. Plasma gazes back, exasperated.

Plasma
"Well, what do you think?"

The spider clicks. Plasma places it on the desk, then rubs his eyes. The spider ticks it's way over to the pair of controllers. It tentatively pokes the altered one. Then grabs it and drags a foreleg across it, a brilliantly blue spark blazing away at the point of contact. Plasma follows it's process with fascination, watching as the little spider finishes, then inserts for of it's appendages and parts the little case down the cut, revealing the internals. It moves back, then waits expectantly as Plasma picks up the control circuit and stares at the unfamiliar internals.

I've never seen a circuit so small! These parts... they're tiny! But what's this?

The space normally taken up by the larger components is filled with a large magnetic relay, and what looks like a chemical timer. Triggered by a certain, very high temperature no doubt... the kind of temperature a rocket engine would reach after several minutes of burn. He grabs a soldering torch from a nearby shelf, applying it's flame directly to the timer. A few tense minutes later the wave on the second monitor suddenly jumps into an unfamiliar pattern.

This...it's designed to...target something? Any engine with one of these will...I need to find the target.

Plasma glances at the clock and jumps out of his chair. He snatches the spider and control circuit off the desk, and sprints to the elevator out of the lab. Yelling to the operator.

Plasma
"Surface! Quick as you can!"

--Cathedral Streets--
Plasma sprints down the road, taking a shortcut through an alley when he is brought up short by a tall, cloaked and hooded figure holding a rather large revolver directly in his path.

Plasma
"You-"

The gun fires once.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 09, 2013, 03:27:54 pm
--Warehouse, South Docks, Secondary Workshop--

The race was in a few hours, everywhere the hustle and bustle of people was much more frantic then ever, however even he was feeling a bit apprehensive, he wasn't exactly sure why, but when he entered the inn everyone seemed a bit occupied. More to the point however is that they seemed worried about something, whatever it was it probably had to do with the races. "I wonder what is going on," the thought had crossed his mind several times over the hour but now wasn't the time focus in it. He looked over the 3 seater craft, it was stripped down and had several parts removed and replaced with lighter ones, the engine was snugly mounted inside of the crafts casing. Wings had been mounted integrated quite well into the hull. Richard was never an engineer but he can come up with some ideas that make more sense then they should. The Mobula was a perfect example of this and one was under construction in Firnfield and was to go under trials soon. With the final piece mounted they took a step back and looked over their craft, it was strangely elegant in a way, they managed to get some fairly large tanks for it too, Well that and an emergancy balloon kit was fitted just in case they needed to make a landing anywhere.

Alex
"Right,  the craft is ready, should we haul it out and do some tests in case it doesn't work?"

Richard
"I'd rather not die during the race, so I'm all for it."

Reagan
"That sounds like a good idea, I'm in."

Alex
"Alright then, Preston, Davidson! Help me load this thing in the ship, we're heading to the city limits."

--Warehouse, South Docks--

Lorena
"Almost......got it.......there."

They've been working on the thing since yesterday night, dad apparently guessed they were competing and decided to make it a crew venture, meaning they had 2 other members of the crew working with them. She looked to her right, Warren and Phillip were looking over the engine for any wear and tear that might effect it later, they hadn't found anything and the controller inside seemed to be functioning properly. She had finally fixed the fuel tanks in place, the engine was ready and they wings had been fitted earlier. Phillip was attaching the engine now, she decided she'd get something to drink for everybody.

Lorena
"I'm heading out for a moment, you guys want anything?"

Dalhia
"If you can get me a sandwich that would be wonderful"

Davidson
"Get me one as well, hold off on the mayonnaise."

Phillip
"I'll have what he's having, just as long as there is extra mustard."

Lorena
"Alright I'll be back in a bit."

She exited the warehouse then, heading towards the inn which happened to have some pretty good food. She was walking when she saw who she though was the owner confronted by a hooded man, who was holding a fairly sizable revolver.

Plasma
"You-"

Lorena
"No!"

Just as the man fired however a stream of crates and boxes fell in front of him, effectively making the shot moot. Seeing this he ran off into the accompanying alley way and sprinted off.

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 09, 2013, 03:39:20 pm
--Outside Wild Winds Inn--

Roc was bored of fast moving objects and was on his way back to the place where he thought his master was. He was just above the Inn when he heard the sound. He had come to recognise the sound of gunshots and come to associate the sound of it to the act of violence and danger to his master.

With his sharp vision he peered down to see a man with a gun sprinting into the alley, he also knew the image of a gun and was able to put two and two together. The eagle swooped down into the alley and, with a swift movement, slashed at the man's back with his sharp claws. The man stopped for a second out of pain, only to look back and see an eagle fly past his face and slash at that, before swooping around and doing the same again. Roc then went for the legs, sinking his claws deep into the man's calves and shredding his trousers. Before long the man was on the floor with cuts to his back, face and legs, while his gun lay on the ground beside him. Roc picked up the gun and tossed it a few metres away, before sitting on a nearby skip and squawking loudly, trying to attract attention.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 09, 2013, 05:45:16 pm
Wild Winds Inn

Up early and already downstairs, BdrLine and Tommy converse with each other about the speculation of a saboteur in the race. Up in their rooms, Charles and Tommy are getting ready to go down and meet them.

BdrLine
"So we are going to finish constructing the ship when we get back to our site."

Tommy
"And check everything over?"

BdrLine
"Twice if we have too."

Tommy
"How about the engines, those are way too complicated for us to check."

BdrLine
"I tinkered with Artemis rockets before and I believe they have the same basic design, but all we are looking for is are some obvious tampering to them."

Back upstairs, the two already dressed for the day, go to their bags and bring out their semi-automatic Guards pistols that they kept after their time with the Anvalan Military. With an unknown saboteur on the lose, they decided last night to keep an open eye out for any strange activity. Once holstering them inside their vests, they head down to meet with the other two. BdrLine spots them as they reach the bottom of the stairs and motions for them.

BdrLine
"Hey you two, ready to get this day over with?"

Charles
"Guess so, well you know where I'll be at. Second day of shooting, but I'll keep a watch out for you know what."

BdrLine
"Alright, oh and Courage, you'll be coming with us, we need you to see your ship, and to help finish it as well."

Courage
"Okay then, lead the way."

The four then leaves their table and the Inn to their different destinations.

--Somewhere in Cathedral--

As Charles makes his way to the competition range, he has his eyes and ears open and hearing for anything that seems out of place. Then he heard a gunshot, even with the noise from the crowd, he is able to locate it down an alley where he spots what seems like Plasma on the ground with crates strewn around him and a person he has never seen going over to him and helping him up. Out in the distance, he sees another man running around a corner trying to escape.

Pulling his pistol out, he rushes to the two and checks Plasma.

"Hey there Lieutenant, looks like you almost had a bad day."

He takes a once over and sees that there was no blood or bullet wound in him and turn to the lady.

"Watch him, I try and get our 'friend'"

Leaving the two, Charles runs down the alley way where he saw the man turn. After a few minutes of running, he thinks that he has gotten away until he heard what seems like bird squawks. Cocking the pistol, Charles turns a corner and sees the bird from the Inn and the man who shot Plasma on the ground with claw marks. Holstering his weapon, he goes to the lying body and checks the pulse, he feels a faint beating, and looks at the eagle.

"Nice work, now lets see what is going on."

He picks up the unconscious man and walks back to where he last saw Plasma and the lady. Seeing that he is still there, he goes over to them.

"Got the guy, now what."

--Docks--

What seems like hours, the three has finished building the the whole craft for the race. The design BdrLine went for was that of a plane,  the body slim and arodynamic, only difference was the addition of angled, swept back wings. Inside the pilot seat, only the basic and most simple controls were put in to shave off weight. What sits is only a plain dashboard that only shows the fuel and altitude, rudder pedals, a joystick to control pitch and yaw, finally the seat. As Courage looks inside, he notices a big red button on the joystick.

Courage
"Hey Bdr, whats this?"

At the back installing the two X-02 engines, BdrLine looks over and sees him almost touching the button. Panicking, he quickly goes over and takes his hand away from it.

BdrLine
"Don't touch that, its for emergencies only."

Courage
"What is it them."

BdrLine
"hehe, weeeeell, in an event that somehow you lost control, we place mini rockets under your chair to launch you out if needed, afterwards a parachute will deploy which will bring you down safely. That button is the one that sets it off."

Couarge
"Wait, you mean to tell me, im sitting on explosives!"

BdrLine
"Don't worry it is safe. When Tommy and I looked over everything twice, I highly doubt you will use it. Come on, the engines are almost installed and we need to get this to the track.

Sighing, Courage goes over and helps finish bolting the engines in place. And with the help of an airship with a crane, it lifts off the racer and brings it to the starting track.

--Non-Descriptive Room--

Placing his bird mask on, the Mystery Man turn to see the other person he was talking to earlier in the week.

Mystery Man
"So everything prep and ready?"

Man
"Yes sir, we have taken the Zhao shipping job and two ships heading to Chang-ning as we speak."

Mystery Man
"Good, we may be able to capture the family this time. And the race."

Man
"We have disguised our remaining two ships as Cathedral Militia colors, and will be in the formation overlooking the race. All that remains is your galleon"

Mystery Man
"Excellent, those prototype engines are as good as ours."

Laughing, he exits the room with the other man to launch his plan.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 09, 2013, 06:09:53 pm
--Alley near Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma pulls himself up off the ground, feeling at his chest, determined to find the bullet hole. Finding nothing he looks around bewildered. He sees Lorena, and turns to her, still pawing at his own chest in disbelief.

Plasma
"What happened!? Why didn't...what?"

He shakes his head and drops his hand from his chest. The mechanical spider scuttles up his arm, coming to rest on his shoulder. It clicks as Plasma looks at the crates, touching one of the broken boxes almost reverently. His gaze flicks up as Charles comes around with the bloody assailant. A sudden, crazed look enters Plasma's eyes and he begins to wave his arms in weird flapping patterns.

Charles
"Got the guy, now what?"

Plasma
"Put him down! Quickly! He might be booby trapped!"

Charles quickly sets down the man. Plasma waves the two back from him.

Plasma
"Stay back. I know this man. We've met once or twice before, and not on good terms. He a mercenary of sorts. Although how he knew..."

His gaze flicks up to Charles.

Plasma
"You need to tell BdrLine something, quick as you can: The control devices are rigged. I don't know if they're designed to crash the ships at a certain place or just misdirect them, but once the engine has been run for more than a minute or two..."

He trails off, staring at the body on the ground. He blinks once. Then whips around and dives at Lorena suddenly, shouting at Charles.

Plasma
"DOWN!"

Charles barely manages to throw himself backwards as the fireball erupts from the man on the ground. It's not very large, but does enough to incinerate the body and would have done for Plasma and Charles had they been any slower. Plasma picks himself up, brushing the dirt and dust from himself and helps Lorena to her feet.

Plasma
"Are you alright? I think I've seen you at the Inn. I'm Plasma and I'm very sorry about all this. I'd forget about it if I were you. Unless you're in the rocket race, in which case you may want to remember."

He gives her a pained smile. Then turns to continue down the alleyway.

Plasma
"You'll have to excuse me. I've got to find the organizers of the race and delay the start if I can. At least long enough to get things sorted out."

He runs off towards the Cathedral Plaza. 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 09, 2013, 07:39:13 pm
--Docks--

Michael was just putting his skeleton Squid through some maintenance tests and found nothing mysterious. He thought to himself:

I don't know how long these engines were in that warehouse, but they're in good nick. I'm lucky I found them when I did or someone else would've nabbed them in no time.

At that moment he looked to the gangplank to see Gareth coming aboard.

Gareth
"Well, Michael, this..."

He gestured vaguely at the ship.

"...Is quite something. You taken her out on a test run yet?"

Michael
"Not yet, no. Rather not spoil the engines."

Gareth nodded understandably.

"But anyway, what happened with you and Lyre while we were busy with this?"

Gareth
"Oh, you know. Wandered around town, bought some stuff, went looking for more stuff, got shot at, got shot. You know, the usual."

Michael laughed before suddenly realising he wasn't joking.

Michael
"Flak, what happened? Are you okay?"

Gareth
"I'm fine, but Lyre's gonna be bed bound for a few days back at the Inn. The story is..."

He told Michael about the story with Mockingjay and the firefight at Garrow.

"So you've just been working on the ship, right?"

Michael
"Yep, just tinkering. I did overhear some guy getting punched earlier in that warehouse over there."

Gareth
"What is it with people recently? If they're not getting shot, they're getting punched. Next thing you know people will start blowing up."

Michael
"Very possibly. Anyway, I gotta get this monstrosity ready."

Gareth
"Well, I'll be off. Good luck, don't get blown up."

Michael
"I can't promise anything."

They both laughed as Gareth stepped off the ship and returned to town.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 09, 2013, 07:41:46 pm
--Near the Wild Winds--

She watched him run off, the warning played in her mind, what did he mean I'd be wary if I was in the race, is something wrong with the race? She shook her head, she'd be sure to check the craft again when she got back, first she needed to grab that food.

--Outside Cathedral, Trade Ship Skyrunner--

The few members of the crew scurried about checking to make sure every thing was ready for the test run, the emergency shut off switch was primed and ready, all that remained was to deploy the craft. At the front of the ship was a jury rigged station replacing the front facing gun.

Alex
"Alright, time to fly this thing, Davidson get on the release."

The three of them took position on the craft, a rear facing chaingun was mounted on the back.

Reagan
"Is this thing really nessecary?"

Alex
"For now yes, who knows what might pop in for a shot at the Skyrunner, and with its diminished crew compliment I doubt it can last that long without us."

Reagan
"Oh, you seem to have thought this out."

Richard
"He's a bit of a paranoid like that, anyways I'm ready here, Captain give the signal."

Alex
"Travis, hit it."

Davidson hit the switch, at the same time Richard fired off the engine and the craft flew off into the distance.

Richard
"Captain, I'm just going to say this is still the worst idea you've had in a good while, worse then trying to steal from under the Yeshan Empire during our time in the Firnfield militia!"

The roar of the engine combined with rushing wind almost drowned out what he was saying but he got the gist of it.

Alex
"It worked though didn't it!?"

Richard
"Got me there!"

The two of them shared a laugh, behind them Reagan was just listening, she realized she never really knew the man who she married several years ago. There was no time to dwell on that now however, she needed to watch for anyone aiming to take shots at them and the ship.

Reagan
"Do you guys see anything?!"

Alex
"Huh?! Oh no I don't! Richard do you see anything!?"

Richard
"Negative Cap! Wait, I see something in the distance!"

Alex
"Pull up along side and wave at em!"

Richard pulled the craft along side, the crew looked up at them and waved. They seemed to know what they were doing and yelled words of encouragement. They waved back and flew off, by the time they had launched the balloons and landed they had flown for a total of 12 minutes.

Alex
"I'd say a flight well done, what about you guys?"

Richard
"Thrilling, this craft handled like a beaut!"

He let out a laugh, it wasn't every day he saw him like this. He did seem to be genuinely happy though. He looked over to Reagan who was still looking at Richard, she seemed, down for some reason.

Alex
"How about you, how do you feel about this?"

Reagan
"Huh?-"

She snapped out of whatever thoughts she was thinking and looked at him.

Reagan
"Oh the test was good, I was able to get a decent ark of fire at anything I aimed at why?"

Alex
"Just wondering, also are you alright, you seemed out of it for a moment."

Reagan
"I'm fine, there's the ship, we should probably head back now."

The ship landed next to them, the crane lowered and lifted them back on board. The Skyrunner set a course for Cathedral and headed home.

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 09, 2013, 08:51:01 pm
--Somewhere In Cathedral--

After the mini fireball engulfing the man, Charles gets back up and sees Plasma running off in one direction. Remembering his warning, Charles turns and run towards the docks where BdrLine and the others are working on their build.

As he arrives there, he sees no one around. Groaning, he Charles paces back and forth wondering where did the go.

"Come on, come on. Ok, ... since nothing is around here I assume they finish with the ship. Now where do you go from there."

Realisation hits him as the race would start in a few hours and most of the competitors would be at the start. He goes off in another sprint to the western edge of the city where the course was laid out.

--Rocket Race Starting Line--

On board the crane airship, BdrLine and the other two leans over the rail as the operator guides them and the ship to the start. From the air, they see how far the actual course was and the many checkpoints.

Placing a hand on his back, BdrLine says to Couarge.

"Look at this, the iconic course. Ready for this."

Courage
*sighing* "Ready as I'll ever be."

Standing back up, Courage digs his hands in his pocket and feels a piece of paper in one of them. Curious, he pulls it out and remembers that one of the ladies at the warehouse gave it to him before they left. As he was about to open it to read it, the operator calls out.

Operator
"About to land, you guys get ready to unhook this thing."

Folding back up and placing it in his pocket, he, BdrLine, and Tommy goes over to the side holding onto the railings as the operator lowers the airship. At a safe distance from the ground, they jump and land on the floor. Going over to the straps, they unhook them and soon their rocket ship is place I. one of the open slots. The crane ship then leaves the area to continue with the rest of it's jobs.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 09, 2013, 09:09:28 pm
--Rocket Race Starting line--

Lorena was over looking the craft again, they had found nothing wrong with either the engine or the craft. Her father had arrived a little while earlier, a three person crew including him was on board his craft, including a light chain gun. How he managed to get it passed the guards she was unsure. She looked around, apparently the race was going to start on schedule, Plasma had failed it would seem. She looked to the observers position, they had the flag ready, it would seem the race would start soon.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 10, 2013, 10:43:24 am
--Rocket Race Starting Line--

Michael stood at the helm of his Skeleton Squid as his small crew made up of Lionel, Kay and Hector stood with baited breath on the deck with spanners and mallets already drawn. Michael looked up above and saw both Roc and Garuda circling overhead, which unnervingly reminded Michael of vultures. To maintain his own morale, he decided to ignore them and address his crew.

Michael
"Hey! Did you guys remember to bring the moonshine?"

Lionel
"Yep, we put it in the engines."

Kay
"You may wanna hold on to something when we start accelerating."

Hector
"And in the corners..."

Kay
"And on the straights..."

Michael
"Basically, just hold on."

Lionel
"... Hell, we probably should even be holding on now."

A few minutes passed before the crew started to grow impatient.

Kay
"What's the hold up?"

Michael
"We should be starting soon, don't worry."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 10, 2013, 11:04:04 am
--Rocket Race Temporary Hippodrome--
Plasma races along the outer edge of the Stands. The organizers had decided that switching radio channels was a better idea that believing him, and he had only one other chance to get this right. The flagship Piety (someone in the government had a sense of humor, at least) would hold the council members for the viewing of the race. His only chance would be to somehow get aboard the ship.

Lucky for him, it would be anchored. The ropes shouldn't be too difficult to clamber up, right?
He makes it to the anchor point within a few minutes, halting in dismay.

Of course it's guarded...I suppose there's nothing for it now, but to report it.

He walks calmly up to one of the guards nearby and explains his findings. The man looks skeptical, but gets on his radio and is assured by the organizers that they've looked into it and found nothing wrong. The race is to proceed. Defeated, Plasma finds a high point at the back of the stands as the starter pistol echoes out a short blast.

The thunderous roar of rocket engines fill the air, burning through gallons of rocket fuel and heating the chemical timers embedded in each engine. Plasma surveys the course, looking for probable targets. There was always the council flagship, but that was unlikely. Cathedral was a neutral hub of trade that maintained excellent relations with everyone. With the profit flowing in an out and around the city, there was little to gain and so very much to lose by declaring war on the city.

The crafts themselves might be valuable, but he doubted very much that they would be intact, assuming the controller had no concept of 'landing'. Package delivery by rocket. I wonder though... rocket engines could be valuable tech, if someone was attempting to construct a larger scale rocket...

But it wouldn't be long now. The front runner would be losing control in only a few seconds, with the rest to follow. A sudden thought strikes him.
I wonder how they'll be judging this race if everything goes to hell?
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 10, 2013, 03:16:45 pm
--Rocket Race Starting Line--

The sound of the starting pistol sends engines into action as Michael puts the throttle on full whack and the Skeleton Squid starts zooming off. The crew immediately starts to stumble and grabs onto anything nearby. The sound of the engines is so loud that Michael can only just make out Lionel's scream of "HOLY SHIT!". All around him Michael can see other aircraft flying along side his with massive plumes of flame emanating from their engines. Meanwhile, Hector is desperately crawling along to the main engines to make a check up, and Lionel and Kay were just enjoying the ride while they could.

Michael was impressed with his own initiative in choosing to pack a Squid with rockets as, his Skeleton Squid was keeping pace with the top runners. A few aircraft were ahead of him, but not by much, and he knew the race would be made or broken in the corners.

Kay
"WATCH OUT, FIRST CHECKPOINT COMING UP!"

The first checkpoint was a 100 degree turn around a rock formation and was approaching fast. Michael slammed the brakes as the reverse engines on each side flared up, before making a huge bank that forces the crew onto the deck with the g-force. Michael came out of the turn relatively smoothly and cranked the ship back into full speed.

it was at this point that Hector was examining  the main engines.

Hector
"err, CAPTAIN!"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on July 10, 2013, 05:11:46 pm
WROOOOOM

Spoon almost fell out the seat of his B47 "Dust-Mule" tractor as the sky in front of him suddenly lit to flames and the big projectiles lounged themselves up in the air. He stopped, jumped off and half-crawled up the little sand dune which covered him from the race-tracks and the city. When he finally realised he hadn't accidentally trampled into the start of a raging war, he remembered the sight in front of him for what it actually was.

Spoon
"The Burren Rocket Race? So I've come to Cathedral no less..."

Watching the spectacle, he raised his hands and put on his googles as the waves of dust and sand whipped up by the rockets now swept in over the spectators.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 11, 2013, 02:29:40 pm
For distant onlookers, it would seem as if Cathedral had launched a campaign of destruction, that wasn't necessarily the case but then again The Burren Rocket Race was one of those events that could head either way. On board their crafts the racers would never know what hit them......... at least, those who had the misfortune to use the engines provided by the competition that is.

Alex
"What the hell!"

In front of them, one of the other competitors had their engine blow and was beginning to spiral downward. It was lucky they along with most of the other competitors had rigged some sort of safety device just in case this happened. He thought it might be over when he saw another engine give way, this time however it caused them to slam straight into their neighbor.

Richard
"My god, Captain something's going on I think we should-

He took a look some where else, he deployed his head mounted scope and stared off at the distance.

Richard
"Captain, we have a situation!"

Alex
"Well, go on!"

Richard
"Captain that guard ship is loading a howitzer, and their aiming straight for us!"

Alex
"Shit! Richard drop to the ground, time to make use of this chain gun!"

--The Rocket Race Melee--

They realized that something was wrong with the race, something terribly wrong. Everywhere craft began to lose control, some managing to regain control, others plummeting to the sands below, including theirs.

"What the hell is this!?"

"I don't know ask someone else!"

"Who's there to ask!? You're the only other one on this ship!"

"Well no shi-"

They hadn't had time to finish their conversation as their craft hit the ground. soon however it skidded to a stop with the crew relatively unharmed.

Phillip
"This is the worst idea you've had since the bank Dominic."

Dominic
"Shut up, it was working then-

They looked up, craft were sabotaged, many managed to continue at a slower pace, some began diving towards destruction, others crashed into others. Travis was following behind in a skooter, and arrived not a moment too soon.

Travis
"Get in, we should warn the judges."

--Rocket Race--

Lorena
"Shit shit shit shit, we're all gonna die!"

For the past minute they had been dodging crafts and flying parts, however it seemed like eternity since it had all began.

Dalhia
"Take us below, we can avoid most of the mess but we'll still have to avoid falling parts!"

Lorena
"On it!"

Taking them below the rest, she saw her father fly off in another direction. What is he doing? It was the only thing she managed to ask herself before going back to the task at hand.

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 11, 2013, 03:22:16 pm
--Rocket Race--

Michael could not hear Hector over the sound of the engines and continued on course. But he was just starting to notice the ship becoming more difficult to control. Just then, a small aircraft in front started to lose control, the engines on it were spluttering and it started to spin and rapidly decelerate.

Michael
"Crap."

He tried to make a sharp turn out of its way but the ship could not turn or stop fast enough and the aircraft collided with the ship's port side and made an explosion that almost engulfs Lionel and Kay. The force of the collision severely damages Michael's ship but did not destroy it, and, as the aircraft falls away, Michael hits the accelerator again and zooms ahead.

Hector
"Captain!!!"

Michael turned his head back for a second to check, before turning his head back ahead and calling back.

Michael
"What is it?!!"

Hector didn't even need to answer the question for Michael to get the point as, just then, one of the main engines exploded and sent Hector flying onto the main deck, almost falling off the ship had it not been for Lionel grabbing his arm.

The ship started to flail wildly as , all around him, Michael could see other ships' engines exploding too. Michael desperately struggled to keep the ship under control, but to no avail, as another main engine exploded and the ship hurtled towards a rock formation.

Michael again tried to turn to the right, but the ship continued to hurtle towards the cliff. The ship was flying straight towards it with its port side facing forward as Michael jumps off the helm and grabs his crew on deck.

Michael
"Get ready!"

Kay
"Ready for wh-"

The ship collided with the cliff just as Michael, Kay and Lionel leap from the ship, being hurled off it by the force and onto the cliff top. Hector followed suit but could not make the full jump and would have fallen to his death if not for Michael grabbing his hand.

The ship went up in a ball of flame, the force of which pushed Hector up over Michael's head and onto the cliff top. A burst of flame burned part of the right side of Michael's face, which he grasped in pain as the ship fell far beneath them into the ground and broke apart.

--Starting Line--

Gareth's heart sunk immensely as he watched Michael's collision through his spyglass. He could not see, at this distance, the figures of the crew on the tip of the formation, only the ball of fire that engulfed the ship.

Rest in peace Michael Caleb Deloshi, Lionel Harrison, Kay Reynold and Hector Theseus.

He put away his spyglass, his heart heavy with sudden shock and grief. While, all around him, spectators were calling and screaming and officials were furiously calling over radios, trying to work out what the hell was happening.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 12, 2013, 01:21:44 am
--Cathedral Airspace--

Hidden well inside a cloud, the Mystery Man's Galleon sits over looking the race and the mayhem. With a spyglass out, both he and the other Man look on.

Man
"Sir, is this your doing?"

Mystery Man
"Sadly, no. Looks like a racer that wanted to win this for himself I presume. No matter, this makes it easier for us. Through this carnage, we'll swoop in and retrieve the prototype engines."

Putting his glass away, the Mystery Man moves towards the helm of the ship and retrieves a radio.

Mystery Man
"Alright, you two know what to do, take out the guard ships and cause hell."

In a spread formation looking over and guarding the race proceedings, Cathedral Militia Ships are scrambling towards the downed racers. Little to they know two ships disguised in their colors just received word from the Mystery Man. The two ships, a Pyramidion and a Junker, turn and face their broadsides and fire away at the Militia ships.

On a rescue operation, a Cathderal Goldfish is already low enough to the ground and is about to start lifting the injured on their ships. Suddenly the ship rocks as the sounds of explosions hit the the idle ship.

Captain
"The Flak is shooting at us!"

Crewman
"Cap over there, in the distance. It looks like.... CAP TWO OF OUR OWN ARE FIRING AT US AND THE OTHERS."

Captain
"What!?! Smith give me the horn."

Another crewman runs up and hands the captain the ships radio.

Captain
"CMS Dogger and CMS Lightning hold your fire, I repeat hold your fire. You are shooting at a friendly ship. We have civilians on board dammit!"

After hearing the names of the ships, the man who gave the radio to the captain looks at him.

Crewman
"Sir, there is no ships in our Fleet with those names."

Startled the captain looks at him.

Captain
"What, you mean to say that those are impostors?"

Crewman
"Yes sir, and I think we need to jump ship, incoming another barrage!!"

Four more mercury shells hit the ship directly on the armor ripping it and damaging it's hull. With no initial time to react, the entire crew evacuate the whole ship and drop to the low ground below. The Goldfish was one of the lucky ones, as soon it was destroyed, the rest of the guarding ships fell out of the sky as they two had similar reactions as why two friendlies are shooting them until it is too late.

With the patrol out of the way, the Pyramidion and Junker turn to fire on the racers. What they didn't expect was one of them heading towards the Junker. On the radios the two enemy captains converse with eachother.

Enemy Junker
"Looks like someone is tryin to be a hero.

Enemy Pyramidion
"I see him, soften him up with your range guns, I'm turning to face my gating and mortar."

Enemy Junker
"Roger on that."

--Rocket Race--

In his winged craft, Courage madly moves the joystick in his hands to dodge the falling competitors. His focus shifted now from winning to not dying as he has his teeth grinding with one another and whittle knuckles from holding tightly the yoke.

BdrLine and the others were right, someone is sabotaging the race. THE FLAK!!! Oh man I wished he installed a radio in this thing so I can talk to him.

As he was dodging and in mid thought, one of the Militia ships fell right in front of him and Courage barely had enough time to bank right to miss it.

What hellhole did I got myself into?!"

Rocket Race Starting Line

BdrLine and Tommy watches on as the chaos ensues around them. Running up to them in exhaustion, Charles taps Bdr on the shoulder.

Charles
"Bdr *wheeze* race *wheeze* rigged *wheeze* were right. Man that was far."

Still looking at the panic, Bdr doesn't turn to Charles.

BdrLine
"I know, look."

Taking a deep breath, Charles looks up and a face of surprise comes upon him. He see flames and wreckage from the racers, and what surprises him even more are the destroyed Militia ships. As he was about to ask, he spots two Militia vessels still in the air, only thing odd is that one of them is firing at an incoming ship.

Charles
"Bdr look, I don't think those two ships are part of the force here."

BdrLine
"What, let me see."

Taking out a scope, he magnify to the maximum distance it can handle and looks at the two.

BdrLine
"Ok, a Pyra and a Junker, they look like the ships here. But, hold on what is that in the clouds."

Off in the distance, BdrLine sees a little glint inside a cloud far from the City. Turing his attention to that, he can almost see a ship outline. Squinting through the scope, all he can see is the broadside of the ship and a emblem. Even harder, he can almost focus on the emblem, once he gets a clear but blurry look at it, he drips the scope and has his mouth hanging.

BdrLine
"Oh no, don't tell me they are back."   
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 12, 2013, 02:25:26 am
--Outskirts of Cathedral--

Their small craft sped towards the not-so-militia-guard-ships, the chain gun was primed and ready, all they needed was a bit of support.

Alex
"Richard, pass me the flare gun!"

Richard
"Aye sir!"

He quickly passed him a small gun, he loaded it with a red flare, it would alert the Sky Runner to the threat and tell them what to do about it.

Alex
"Red for danger, blue for close in, green for all weapons go."

He fired it, the bright day didn't do much to diminish its brilliant colors and soon the Sky Runner was under way, ready for anything that it would encounter. Now all they needed to do was keep the renegade guard vessels occupied.

Alex
"Reagan, ready on that gun!"

Reagan
"You got it!"

Richard
"If we die here you owe me lunch!"

Alex
"Dream on ye old scalawag!"

Reagan
"If you two love birds are done we should probably get something done, aye?!"

Alex & Richard
"Ye got us there ye old slave driver!"

The two of them looked at each other before sharing a laugh, they were closing in on the first vessel, a Pyramidion, it was scrambling to prepare its guns when they struck. The craft closed in, peppering the decks of the Pyramidion with consistent chain gun fire, they wouldn't expect it would they?

--Lightning--

Agent Captain
"What does that racer think he's doing? Gunnery prepare to swat that insolent piece of nothing out the sky!"

Gunnery Captain
"Aye sir, preparing mortar no-"

He didn't a chance to finish his sentence as the modified chain gun tore through him like melted butter, effectively silencing his order forever.

Agent Captain
"Shit, all hands open fire on that craft!"

--Dogger--

The Junker watched as its companion was assaulted by chain gun fire, it would strip away its armor, all the while hindering the crew from actually getting anything done. Needless to say however the Junkers captain didn't actually like his fellow captain that much, he did however have a sense of honor he would uphold. The issue however he didn't really have anything effective at such close range.

--Rocket Race--

The remaining racers took advantage of this moment to run off, they wouldn't be much help here, among them however was Lorena and her partner, looking out at the scene unfold before them.

Dalhia
"Your old man is as crazy as ever, I hope he gets out of this."

Lorena
"Yeah, me too."

She grasped a locket around her neck, it was like the one around her fathers neck, she gave a silent prayer before flying off into the canyon.

--Cathedral Outskirts, Sky Runner--

Reynold Davidson
"Lads take a look."

The four members currently on board looked out over the desert expanse, three flares were rising, a red, blue and green one. They knew what the captain was telling them, and what they had to do.

Reynold D.
"Looks like I'm in charge for now, get to your stations it's time we began."

Travis D.
"Alright, I'll take the front howitzer and engage with that as we move in."

Preston Allers
"I'm ready on the hull sir, lets give em hell in a hand basket and show them the door."

Phillip Williams
"I'll look after the weapons sir, they won't be getting away."

Reynold
"Setting engines to full, lets just hope we get there in time."

The engines sputtered for just a second before the blades begun spinning at higher speeds, away from the safety of the harbor and into the fray of the Rocket Race.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 12, 2013, 02:41:29 am
--Starting Line--

Gareth still looked on at the carnage of what was meant to be a simple race as militia ships were firing at each other and explosions happened all around the air. Roc and Garuda both came flying down to Gareth, one landing on each of his arms. Gareth pointed them towards the two militia ships that he had seen firing on the city's forces.

Gareth
"Help. Harass. Harm."

He then sent the birds flying into the air towards the enemy, where, amidst the carnage and gunfire, they pecked and scratched and flapped their wings in the gunners' faces. But they never stuck around long enough to be shot down.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 12, 2013, 06:46:39 pm
Starting Line

With confused looks, Tommy and Charles look at their friend.

Tommy
"Who's back?

Not responding, BdrLine still look at the cloud bank that he spotted the Galleon. Charles try shaking him for a response.

Charles
"BdrLine, come on. Snap out of it. Who is back?"

Getting agitated, Charles brings back his hand and slaps BdrLine right across the face. Rubbing his cheek from the hit, BdrLine turns to them.

BdrLine
"..... Ow!!!"

Tommy
"Now we got your attention, who came back."

BdrLine
*sigh* "The Birdmen."

Tommy & Charles
"Who?"

BdrLine
"The Birdmen. An old group out set for world domination. Been over a year since I saw them."

Tommy
"How come you haven't told us about them?"

BdrLine
"Well, the last time me and the others fought them, we thought we finally destroyed that whole organisation. Guess not."

Charles
"What are they doing out here? This is only a race."

BdrLine
"There is nothing to gain from this, most of the engines... Oh no, the engines."

Eyes widening, BdrLine looks back at the track where most of the standing racers are fleeing.

"Our experimental engines we found, they might be after those."

Tommy
"And the craft Courage is flying have two of them."

Charles
"Oh Flak, who else also have experimental engines?"

BdrLine
"I don't know, but we need to help. Come on."

Leading the other two, BdrLine and the others race back into the city towards the docks to their Goldfish. As they arrived to the ship, they quickly pull out the ties holding down the ship and rises out into the air. Putting the engines in full throttle and activating the moonshine, they roar to life as the Goldfish increases it's speed.

BdrLine at the helm.
"Alright, Charles take the tarp off the Heavy Flak and get it ready. ....Ahh the hell is that?!?"

Cathedral Airspace

Sitting at the helm of his Galleon, the Birdman listen to the radio as cries for help can be heard from the Pyramidion and Junker. Standing besides him, the Man still has his spyglass looking at the small skirmish.

Man
"Sir should we help them?"

Getting up from his seat an unamused face under his mask, the Birdman turns off the radio and turns to him.

Birdman
"I presume we should. Go tell the men to make ready two 'Flash' barrels and toss them over the side. Everyone have your special goggles on, and arm the Mercurery, Lumberjack, and Flak Cannon. Tell them to aim at the two, don't want any lose ends if they are captured and place them out of their misery."

Man
"Sir?"

Birdman
"Oh and tell them to hit that third ship as well, a little pest to our sides."

Man
"Yes sir."

The Man leaves and shouts are heard as people get to their positions. Placeing goggles over his mask, the Birdman turn the helm to face the ships port side. Down on the gun deck, two men light a pair off barrels and roll them over the side. Minutes pass and the barrels explode emiting a very bright light, that without the proper eyeware would temporary blind anyone in the area. The two men who dropped the barrels go to the heavy guns and fire away at their Pyramidion and Junker. Soon the two ships drop out of the sky in a burning fury. They then turn to the third ship and damages it, but soon it went out of range as it turns away.

Birdman
"Good, good. All hands on a lookout for anyone foolish enough to follow us. I highly doubt with the flash still in the air that they will find us though. We may come back soon when they have a clean up crew for this mess."

The Birdman then turns the ship to the Northwest, and uses the flash and cloud cover to mask his escape.

Rocket Race

As the flash burst in the air, Courage tries to shield his eyes with one of his arms as the blinding light is messing with his flying. Thinking he's sees a canyon entrance, he gives up trying to fight the light and turns to where he thought he saw the entrance. Knowing full well that if he is wrong, Courage would splatter right on the wall of the canyon. With luck, he manages to fly inside, slows his craft and lands, all while still blinded.

Sitting in the cockpit, he rubs his eyes trying to refocus them. With some vision gained back, he opens the glass housing and jumps the side and sees a few other racers using the canyon a protection as well. Out of the dozen or so people there, he recognise two of them from the warehouse and goes towards them.

Courage
"Glad you guys made it out of that mess, you two know what the flak is happening?"

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 12, 2013, 09:40:59 pm
--Cathedral Outskirts, Engagement Area--

Richard
"Damn it! Sir we've taken a direct, uh sir!?"

He looked over his shoulder to see Alex clutching a wounded arm, other the slowing blood flow from the wound he seemed fine. Of course then again he was wounded, which meant he wasn't so good.

Richard
"Shit, we've got to pull away and get you looked at-"

Alex grabbed the controls as Richard tried to pull out.

Alex
"Not yet, we still have something to do."

He looked towards the clouds where the mysterious shots came from. He quickly reloaded his flare gun, firing the shot into the clouds the silhouette of a Galleon was clearly imprinted upon the cloud.

Alex
"Now you have my permission to run."

Giving him a short lived laugh, he fainted against him, still clutching a locket around his neck as he drifted off into a deep slumber.

--Ainesburg Canyon, NW of Cathedral--

Courage
"Glad you guys made it out of that mess, you two know what the flak is happening?"

Lorena pulled the craft in closer to his, everyone had stopped in the canyon, worried that leaving it would reward them with vicious gun fire.

Lorena
"From the looks of it, seems like someone sabotaged the race."

Dalhia
"Sure looks that way, you alright?"

Courage
"Other then a sore mood I'm fine, by the way your old man is one hell puncher."

Lorena
"He sure is isn't he?"

The sound of gunfire still echoed throughout, Lorena was lost as she stared at the direction it came from. Worrisome murmurs bounced about the canyon, a few "I love you's" or the occasional "This is all your fault's" could be heard here and there. The talking rose to a quiet rumble as more and more people joined in, a few more racers finding their way into the safety of the sheltered canyon. Still the only thing she could think about was her father was out there, fighting against all odds so they could escape. Her hand once again found its way to the locket around her neck as she stared off into the distance.

--Sky Runner, Cathedral Outskirts--

The crew frantically brought the vessel to bear, just a few moments ago the captains craft sped past them, heading towards the city, a flare in the distance revealed a Galleon in the clouds, whoever owned it was getting Howitzer for lunch.

Reynold
"Bro, ready on the howitzer!"

Travis
"Howitzer ready, ready when you are!"

Phillip
"I'm on a gun as well, utilize as much firepower as we can eh?"

Reynold
"How are the engines Preston?!"

The younger man pulled himself over the railing just enough to respond.

Preston
"Engines are operating at full capacity! We're prepared to engage!"

Reynold
"Very well! Engagement at range open fire!"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 12, 2013, 10:38:56 pm
--High point, Rocket Race Hippodrome--

Plasma watches with morbid curiosity as the retreating galleon drops barrels in the sky. Unfortunately, he is still squinting at them when they ignite. He rubs his eyes for a full minute before sigh returns. By which point the Galleon has nearly escaped. Then a howitzer echoes out a report. Followed by another, and another.

The shells spiral gracefully though the air in a brilliant arc before slamming themselves into the engines of the galleon. Fire and diesel fuel trail out behind the beast as it drifts still forward. More Mercury shells scream through the night, tearing the plating off the ship. And finally the auxiliary militia ships arrive. The two flakfish launch the heavy shells, which languidly swim through the clouds. Each pounds home on the Galleon, reducing the ship to splintering timbers.

Plasma watches as several figures drift from the flaming wreck on chutes. The damage is impressive, but luckly the rocket race area was constructed with devastation in mind. He lets out a breath, surprising himself.

Plasma
"And so ends the festival of spring." he says to nobody in particular.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 12, 2013, 11:56:38 pm
--Cathedral Outskirts--

Floating down to the ground, most of the members from the downed Galleon survives. Those in the group includes the Birdman and his second. Finally on the ground, the small group sees the two Militia Flak fish bearing upon them.

Man
"Sir, what do we do now?"

Birdman
"Silence my young apprentice. Once those ships lands, we will be going straight to their jail."

Man
"How do you know they won't shoot at us?"

Birdman
"They are still a police force, and must abide to rules and customs. But don't worry-"

He grabs a small device from his pocket and presses a button. An indicator starts to blink a green light, as the Birdman places back into his pocket.

"-there is always a plan. Now, everyone place your hands at your sides."

The small group watches as the Militia ships lands and a few guards jump off with guns raised.

Guard
"Alright, you caused too much today and i have a half of mind to just gun you lot down. But orders are orders. Lets go."

Birdman
"Why of course officer."

As the guards lead the group onto one of the FlakFish, the Birdman spots one of the barrels of 'Flash" still intact in the sands below. With a smirk he just follow along with the guards as they direct them to the hold. Before he goes in, the Birdman turns to the guards.

Birdman
"Why officer, may I ask for parley."

Guard
"Par- what?"

Birdman
"Parley as in..."

The Birdman slides out a small revolver of sorts and aims at the guards head. Startled, the others tries to subdue him until he aims at the Flash Barrel and shoots it. Blinded, the guards cover their eyes from the intense light. Still wearing his goggles, the Birdman releases his crew where the quickly dispatch the remaining guards. With new weapons and ship, the crew uses the rifles to pick off the guards on the second Flakfish. Satisfied, the Birdman goes to the helm and starts the ship.

Birdman
"Now, where were we... oh yes our prizes."

The other Man, after tossing the bodies over, goes up to the helm where he hears him.

Man
"Sir, how do we retrieve the engines now? I'll bet they will guard the clean up crew."

Birdman
"Hmm I guess you are right for once. No matter, we still have a meeting with the Zhao's in Chang-ning and I don't want to miss that appointment."

Taking out the device again, the Birdman smirks under his mask and turn the ship for a course west. Seeing the device, the Man wonders what it was.

Man
"Sir, what is in your hand by the way?"

Birdman
"Oh, a little contingency plan. Since we lost two ships, I'm sending out a signal for the rest of our men to rendezvous with us. Now do a better job and make sure we are not spotted again. I should shoot you and the others for the lost of my Galleon."

Man
"Yes sir."

--Cathedral Airspace--

After recovering from their blindness, the crew of the Starlight looks out into the distance and sees the Galleon going down. Two Militia ships are now heading towards the crash site.

Charles
"At least this ordeal is over."

Tommy
"Yeah, wonder if Courage is alright."

BdrLine
"He'll be fine, I bet he got out of it. but why do I feel that something is not right."

Charles
"I don't know about you, but lets just go back and dock."

Sighing, BdrLine turns the ship around and head straight back into the city. What they don't realize over the horizon, where the crash site is, a plum of light emerge and a lonely Goldfish flies off into the distance unseen.

--Ainsburg Canyon--

Still hiding out in the safety of the canyon walls, the racers sit idle as they converse with one another as they wait for a rescue. Together in a group, Courage sits with both Lorena and Dalhia. During their talk, Courage leans back and places a hand in his pocket and feels the paper. Taking it out, he remembers that they gave it to him.

Courage
"Um excuse me, can I ask what is this? Still didn't open it yet."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 13, 2013, 12:47:37 am
--Ainesburg Canyon--

Lorena was confused for a moment, she looked over to her compatriot and looked back at him.

Lorena
"Dalhia, what's this about?"

Dalhia
"Um... well.......I....oh dear."

Lorena
"Dalhia?"

She sounded like she was questioning a small child, then again the head gunner often acted like a small child on occasion. She just fidgeted about in her seat.

Dalhia
"I just...Kind of......Wanted to say he's a nice guy and-

This was really beginning to make her feel awkward, she'd had enough of this.

Lorena
"Right I'm going to leave you two here and let you have a private conversation."

She seemed to make extremely exaggerated hand gestures as she backed away from them. she walked towards a group that was lowering a wounded man from the canyon walls.

Lorena
"Everything alright here?"

The two of them just watched her leave, now there was an even more awkward silence.

Courage
"As you were saying?"

Dalhia
"It's that you're kind of a nice guy and all........"

Her thought paused there for a moment before she continued.

Dalhia
"But I don't think it could work out between us at the moment."

With that she activated the engine and flew off, leaving a trail of dust behind her. Coming back from her conversation with the four men from the cliff face, she watched as her partner flew off with the craft they built, straight to Cathedral.

Lorena
"Can't believe she just left me stranded here!"

She looked at Courage with a face filled with seething anger.

Lorena
"What in the name of all that's holy did you do!?"

Courage
"Uh nothing, nothing at all, she just seemed really distressed about something."

Her face pouted, apparently she didn't like this situation one bit.

Lorena
"Fine, let it be that way."

She walked up to his craft and sat against it, waiting for rescue.

--Cathedral Outskirts, Sky Runner--

The crew of the Sky Runner watched as the Galleon shattered into many pieces, it was far from over though, below them the shattered hulks of guard vessels and rocket craft lay strewn upon the dunes. The able bodied pulled the wounded from the wreckage, the dead lay ceremoniously to the side, waiting for someone to retrieve the bodies. There would be no celebration tonight, it would be solemn, a quiet moment of reverence as the dead would be laid to rest. Something caught their attention, from the canyon spurted a rocket craft, heading straight for Cathedral, they would investigate later. Several more guard vessels arrived over time, helping to pick up the pieces, and to help those who were wounded.

Travis
"Not really how we expected this to go is it?"

Reynold
"No, no it isn't. We've done enough here, it's time we headed back."

They set a course for Cathedral, at a slow and steady pace they watched the proceedings below as they flew away.

--Wild Winds--

They didn't really have the facilities to house him back at the warehouse, so for now they would lay him here at the Inn, not like he'll be going anywhere, he'll be out for the next few hours. Richard sat by his bedside, using his rudimentary medical knowledge he managed to bind the captains wounds well enough, a doctor who was already here looked at him earlier and said he would be fine with enough rest.

Richard
"You really worried us there."

The door knocked and in came Reagan, she was holding a tray of food which she handed to Richard.

Reagan
"You should eat, you've been through quite the trial today."

Richard
"Haven't we all? How are you holding up?"

Reagan
"Better then expected I should say. I'm not feeling so good, I'm going to head home, make sure he eats when he wakes up."

Richard
"I'll do that. Also Reagan-

She stopped at the door.

Richard
"Thanks for everything today."

She walked out without saying a word.

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 13, 2013, 03:28:50 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Gareth sat solemnly in the corner with a drink, taking sips after each remembered  memory. He rifled through each of his memories of his crew in his head, from the best to the worst and everything in between. He lifted his mug in the air and made a quiet toast to himself.

Gareth
"Here's to Michael, who met his untimely demise at-"

Just then Michael came through the door and looked around. Gareth instantly put down his mug.

Michael
"Oh, hey Gareth."

He walked over to Gareth's table while Lionel, Kay and Hector walked through the door and headed straight for the bar.

Gareth
"You're alive?"

Michael
"Yeah, we made a ditch escape to a cliff top, were picked up later by rescue forces. But, err, this..."

He pointed at the right side of his face, which was covered in burns and almost unrecognisable were you unable to see his left side.

"...This isn't going to go away."

Gareth stared at the burns.

Gareth
"Well, I always said you needed some kind of battle wounds."

Michael
"Battle wounds, yeah. Not racing accident wounds."

Gareth
"I guess you cant be picky about your scars."

They both smiled and chuckled as the rest of the crew came over to them with drinks for everyone.

Lionel
"So, what do you think they'll call it?"

Hector looked at him, puzzled.

"The race, I mean. Events like this usually have some kind of name attached like, "The Fiery Race" or "The Red Race"."

Gareth shrugged.

Gareth
"I'm sure they'll come up with something. Here's to your survival."

They toasted, before Gareth suddenly laughed.

"I just realised. First Lyre, now you, next thing you know I'll be taking bullets or getting burned faces."

Kay
"Faces? Plural?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 13, 2013, 10:55:53 am
--Narration--

The Bloody day was coming to a close.
 After the carnage at the race, the festival was very subdued. Most people felt unsafe in the streets and the presence of the guard was heavily felt around the city. Plasma had been dragged into the Guard Office for questioning. He emerged back onto the street of Cathedral much the worse for wear. The report of two Flakfish missing had compounded the problem severely. The millita had been severely crippled, from within no less, and nobody had any answers.

He kicks a loose rock, sending it tumbling out along the cobblestone in front of him and heads back to the inn.

--Wilds Winds Inn--

Plasma looks over the familiar faces and sighs. He nods and offers empty words of encouragement or solace all the while making his way up to the bar. He leans over it, speaking some quiet words to Emily which cause her to frown and shake her head. Plasma seems to accept this and pushes himself back from the bar, heading up stairs to the rooms. Emily suddenly seems no longer quite focused on her work.

Gareth and company enjoy a somewhat subdued drink, loss rippling around them like the eye of a hurricane. It's mitigated somewhat by the joy of watching the dead come back to life, but others have faced real loss this night.

Courage and Lorena are eventually picked up by a guard patrol, and find their way back to the inn as well. Nobody is quite sure what to make of the two entering together, but they part ways politely at the threshold, glaring at their respective friends.

Somewhere in the night a stolen Goldfish floats out from Cathedral. A few baffled engineers aboard her critically examine a small cache of experimental engines, the obtaining of which cost a few more fine men their lives this night. In the morning, another guard craft and a junk transport would be reported missing. The man sets aside his Birdmask, smiling in a most nasty way at a bottle of rather expensive wine.

Birdman
"To a job well done."

And somewhere, an man in a Dune tractor putts through the lowlands surrounding the city, humming a wordless tune to himself.

--End Narration--

--End of Day 6--

--Start of Day 7, Cathedral, Spring--

--Narration--

The rocket race looms over the next day. Many of the trappings of the festival are already gone, with the more elaborate booths and arena's still being torn down. The guard is carefully searching all traffic in and out of the city, but everyone knows how futile this is. The searches become more and more halfhearted as the morning grows late.

The city is quite resilient, and the council is doing all in their power to bring justice to those responsible, but there is only so much they can do. The trade through the city may falter a bit at first, but the stimulus of the festival would make up for it. Meanwhile the Birdman had left the city, at least for a time, and the rest of the world seemed content to keep itself to itself for the moment.

--End Narration--

Plasma yawns as he steps into the bar. The normally small morning crowd seems a bit smaller today. He grants those he knows a quick smile, and then vaults over the Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions counter. Flicking through a stack of papers, he updates the bounty board, including a bounty for the capture of those responsible for the rocket race fiasco. Additionally, he puts up a propaganda poster for the Cathedral Militia. Apparently new members are sought.

He sighs, steeling himself for the day ahead.

Plasma
"Morning gents. New jobs posted, should you be in need of coin!"


Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 14, 2013, 03:08:48 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

After the return ride back to the Inn, both Tommy and Charles have many questions to ask BdrLine about this 'Birdmen' and the connections between them. Tired, he says to them that everything will be explained in the morning and when Courage returns. Dawn of the next day, BdrLine wakes up in his room groggy eyed. After getting dressed and heading down for breakfast, he sees Plasma and nods to him. Finding a table, Emily takes his order and leaves to make it. Coming down, the other three, Courage returning later in the night, sees BdrLine and sits at his table.

Tommy
"Ok, Bdr, who are the Birdmen?"

BdrLine
*sigh* "The 'Birdman', as Charles and Tommy already know, an old Pre-War group that came out of what is now the Empire. They are set out for world domination and will do anything to get to it."

Charles
"Anything? Like yesterday... with the shooting...and that light...Why am I not surprised."

BdrLine
"That is not even close to what they are capable of. Remember that Guild force that came in and all of those abominations running around?"

Courage
"I can't forget that, they weren't even close to human."

Charles
"Easily killed a lot of good men, wait you mean to say they did that?'

BdrLine
"Yup, myself and the others faced even more deadly ones back at Lu Tower."

Tommy
"May I ask, who are the others?"

BdrLine
"Lets see, it was was me, *whisper to them closely* Yiski, Zill and Jun'ko, *back to normal voice* my sister and Roland. Who else, ah, Papa Paradox and Shink, finally i think Sunderland and Spoon."

Amazed at the list of names, the lot didn't realized that many people they knew were involved with this.

Tommy
"How come you didn't tell us?"

BdrLine
*sighing* "I don't want to relive those memorys again. Plus after what we did at Lu, we all thought they were gone for good. Guess not after yesterday's incident."

As they were talking, Emily brings in the plates of food BdrLine order and places it in front of them. As they are eating, Tommy looks at BdrLine

"Well I think they got the guys from yesterday, maybe we can see if we can interrogate them."

BdrLine
"Hmm, alright, let me ask Plasma."

BdrLine gets up from his seat and goes over to the board where Plasma is at.

"Hey Plasma, can I ask something...."

He trails off as he sees a new bounty notice and reads the paper. Going wide eyes, he turns back to him.

"Don't tell me they got away."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 14, 2013, 03:21:55 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Gareth came down the steps and, with him, Lyre, using Gareth for support. They eventually hobbled over to a table and Gareth sat her down, before taking his own seat.

Gareth
"You know, didn't the doctor say you should wait at least another day before leaving that bed?"

Lyre
"Yeah, but screw him."

Gareth
"Your funeral."

Just then Michael, with his half burned face came through the door and towards their table. Lyre stared at him.

Lyre
"Uh, what happened to your face?"

Michael joked around.

Michael
"Oh, is it noticeable?"

Lyre
"Half your face is missing."

Michael
"I guess so, that would explain the funny looks I got on the way here."

Lyre continued to look at him expectantly.

"Oh, it was a racing accident."

Lyre
"What happened?"

Michael
"I learned the consequences of packing rockets on a squid and burning moonshine."

Gareth chuckled before addressing Lyre.

Gareth
"In fact we were joking yesterday about how I'm next in line for an injury."

Lyre
"Yeah well, 'the universe has a way' and all that."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 14, 2013, 03:30:17 am
--Warehouse, South Docks--

The crew gathered for a late breakfast, the captain was still out for the count. According to the doctor the worst has passed but they shouldn't move him from the inn, just in case something happened. Still the events of last night still lingered in the minds of the entire city, and by extension, them too.

Travis
"Exactly what are we supposed to do now?"

Richard
"Exactly as we have been doing, we're heading out to salvage something."

He pulled out a map of Burren, it was quite large to say at least but they still had room for their food.

Richard
"The captain wouldn't want us to worry about him, so we're going to get busy."

He rotated the map and pointed to a section on it. It was an area of high cliffs and deep canyons.

Richard
"According to what I've gathered, there are several facilities located here, their purpose or why they're there is somewhat of a mystery. However that shouldn't dissuade us from checking it out anyway, who knows what we can dig up there."

He then pointed to another location, this one closer to the first. This one was more a mountainous region, it was possible several valleys would dot the landscape around it.

Richard
"If the first area should either prove dry or there are only a few things of interest, we'll head to this location, this one is some sort of facility as well, however it is more of an obvious tech facility, we should be able to find something there should we look."

He took out several yards of string and several pins, marking several different colored routes to and from each location.

Richard
"These are the possible ways into and out of each location, for the canyon facility I would like to take this route here."

He traced the yellow route from Cathedral the canyon, it seemed safe enough. He then traced three more routes, a green one from the canyon to the mountain facility, a blue one from the canyon back to Cathedral, and an orange one from the mountain to Cathedral, several hand flew up, obviously wanting to ask questions.

Richard
"Alright, ask them."

Travis spoke up first.

Travis
"Why are taking this yellow one? why not this dark green one here-"

His finger stopped when he realized what he was pointing at.

Travis
"Oh, right, never mind."

Richard
"Any other questions?"

Lorena
"I was thinking we could rig some sort of carrying pad for the small craft, we could build one and then one of the craft we have as a scouting vessel, I think yours would be best seeing as it has a balloon inside of it just in case you need to stop."

Richard
"That will have to wait until after this mission, though that is a good idea."

Dalhia
"What kind of weapons should we be taking?"

Richard
"The usual, front howitzer, Side artemis missiles and mortars."

Reynold
"Should we take any provisions?"

Richard
"Yes, we might not make it back till the morning tomorrow, so pack lots of dried meats and anything else that won't rot. Now to the ship, is it ready to fly?"

Preston
"The ship is in prime condition to fly when you need it sir."

Richard
"Good, we set out in two hours, get cracking people."

The crew finished their breakfast and went about their duties, they were back in business, and they knew it."

--Wild Winds--

Alex was still out of it, yet his mind was still working, pulling out painful memories from the past. Even if he didn't know it, he didn't like what was coming up.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 14, 2013, 03:39:05 pm
--Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions Counter, Wild Winds Inn--

BdrLine
"Don't tell me they got away."

Plasma grimaces at him, and then glances angrily at the poster.

Plasma
"Apparently they were able to overwhelm the Militia when they flew in for the arrest. The council has discussed it and decided that a dead or alive bounty is best for them. Shoot first, question later in this case. They seem to have gotten what they wanted. Personally, I'm hoping they've gotten what they want and don't return. Or do so in a body bag. If you want to get a crew together and go after them, the reward is handsome. 2500 coin for the leader, 500 each for members of the ship."

He shrugs, shaking the violence off his person. He looks at BdrLine, the shadow of worry settling across his features.

Plasma
"I read the reports, and heard a lot of 'unofficial rumor' back when served under Verra. Sounds like you might have something of a score to settle? Just be careful. They managed to strike in Cathedral. Granted it far more... relaxed than Anvala about... well, everything really. I'd hate you see you come back in bits. Still, if you should need any help, just ask."

Plasma watches Gareth enter, guiding Lyre to a seat. He glances at Emily quickly, then back at the stacks of paper in front of him as his mouth twists from a worried smile into a straight, thin line. Newt slides over next to BdrLine, seemingly appearing out of nowhere (in reality appearing from the stairs to the rooms). He takes a look at Plasma, then BdrLine, then glances over his shoulder at Emily. He leers at Plasma who glares back.

Newt
"She'll come along, given you stay out of trouble."

Plasma arches an eyebrow.

Plasma
"I doubt it, and what makes you think I'd be-"

Newt
"Alright, alright. Solve it on your own then. But remember, if you don't, I will."

He walks away, clapping BdrLine on the shoulder briefly and leaving Plasma blinking in the contrail of the conversation. Plasma assumes a gloomy, harrowed expression and dives behind the counter, digging up more contracts and flyers. He plunks them on the bar and moodily begins paging through them, attention caught between the paper, and some shifty looking men asking after some of the bounties and transport contracts.



Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Cowboy Spike Spiegel on July 15, 2013, 12:32:08 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

From an aside booth, Spike twirls his wrench with dexterous fingers. He has normal tinker suit on made of burnt orange leather riddled with cracks from dusty air. He prides himself as an experienced engineer able to throw together ships and send them home from what others would describe as hell. He was also something of a gunner too, able to shoot in a pinch. Slowly he stood up from his lonesome corner at the mention of a bounty.

Spike
"So there's a bounty and you're looking for some crew eh? Perhaps you could use a nice engineer that also has some experience on the guns?"

Spike calls to the group gathering over the bounty, it sounded like a pretty penny for a simple "shoot first, ask questions later" deal. He remains twirling his spanner very quickly, almost acrobatically between his fingers as he approaches, not once losing grip of it.

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 15, 2013, 01:18:48 pm
--Wild Winds--

Reagan arrived outside of the inn, she decided to check in on Alex, with the entirety of his crew out in some remote canyon, someone had to keep an eye on him. She entered, immediately she noticed the regulars chatting about some bounty, taking a look at the job board, one in particular caught her eye. Mainly because it was large and imposing.

Notice

To all citizens of Cathedral
You all know of this years Rocket Race
One however has brought terror and suffering
This man and his cohorts must be brought to justice
Any and all information pertaining to this investigation will be met with a monetary reward
The master mind must be found
Bounty: 2500 Crowns

Anyone found to be conspiring with this man will be swiftly arrested
Anyone in league with this man are also subject to the crimes committed
Once again any and all information is appreciated
Bounty: 500 Crowns Per Crew Member

She walked over to the bar, the man on duty was cleaning glasses.

Newt
"What can I get ya darlin'?"

Reagan
"Where's Alex?"

Newt
"2nd floor, 3rd room on your right."

Reagan
"Thank you."

She ordered a simple whiskey and drank it down before heading up to check on him, inside the room nothing had changed since yesterday, Alex was laying on the bed, bandages covering his upper torso. While most of the wounds were cuts or small gashes, they would heal in time, the manner in which they reached his body, a high powered cannonade, with the force of impact on his body it caused him to loose consciousness for the time being. She put the bag she was carrying on the table bedside, it had his fixed clothing, he would need something to wear when he woke up. Heading back down the stairs she finally noticed the newcomer sitting in the bar, he probably only arrived today. She took a seat next to the odd man, ordering a small meal for herself and drink, which she needed desperately. She looked at the newcomer again.

Reagan
"So, what brings you around here cowboy?"

--Burren--

The Sky Runner was between a rock and a hard place, both the rock and the hard place being canyon walls. It was a close fit but they managed to steer ship away from a fiery doom.

Richard
"Keep a close eye out, if the canyon gets to narrow we might not be able to escape."

Travis
"Aye sir, wait what is that?"

A bit further into the canyon it widened enough for the ship to maneuver, a largish facility dominated the area, a small air dock was connected to the facility. It looked abandoned but they couldn't be sure.

Reynold
"Shit, look at the size of this place."

Travis
"I'm with you on that, what do you think this place is for?"

Reynold
"Beats me, might be an old military base, who knows. Lorena what do you think?"

From below the ship came another voice.

Lorena
"I'm not making any guesses, best to explore and learn for yourself."

Richard
"Good idea, we're docking now."

The ship met the dock and hung in place.

Richard
"Dalhia, you're leading the team, good luck in there."

Dalhia
"Alright, Travis, Preston, with me. Grab your rifles, who knows what's inside.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Cowboy Spike Spiegel on July 15, 2013, 01:35:37 pm
--Wild Winds--

Spike
"Well darlin', I'm waiting for a bounty to crawl in my lap. Meanwhile I gotta keep my skills up by twirling this heavy five pound wrench like it is a feather."

The youthful man's voice is smooth and comes off like a somewhat gentle fellow despite the cigarette nestled between his lips and the scars marring his skin from flak rounds.

Spike
"Tell me, you ever have a flak charge detonate prematurely while loading a cannon? See these scars on my face. You start to learn."

As he turns his face the light bathes it revealing the large eyepiece of his left eye, both a scope and a replacement for what should've been there.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 15, 2013, 02:28:00 pm
(I'm using this next post to show the guard a bit more, we might be able to use it for future posts."

--Cathedral Guard Warehouse--

Captain Walker was not a happy man, in fact, no one in the guard was happy at the moment. For the past few hours since the conculsion of the race, the guard has been peppered with questions that had no answers. He was unhappy to leave it at that, a full investigation was in order. He did however receive message that one of his lieutenants had found a lead, which was why he was here at the warehouse. He opened the door and saw several more officers waiting for him, and amazingly, councilman Gadriel.

Captain Walker
"Councilman, it is good to see you here, may I ask what you're doing here?"

Gadriel
"Learning more about this enemy of ours, I suspect you're doing the same?"

Captain Walker
"Yes sir, foolish of me to ask."

He took a moment to look at the one who called them all here.

Captain Walker
"Alright, what have you found?"

 lieutenant Ashikaga
"Sir, while sifting through the wreckage of the Galleon, we found no intelligence pertaining to the master mind behind the attack."

He wasn't worried, but he was trying his patience.

Captain Walker
"Well go on."

lieutenant Ashikaga
"But we did find this."

He took this moment to pull off a tarp off a pile of wreckage, while most of it was inconsequential, one thing stood out to him. It was an emblem, intricate and simple, did it have anything to do with birds?

lieutenant Ashikaga
"We haven't managed to gather much from it, but the analysts believe that we may be facing some sort of organization, from my sources I've learned that Anvala also faced a similar situation sometime ago, a bit on a larger scale perhaps."

From the crowd of officers a new voice spoke up.

Sergeant Redmond
"So what exactly does that give us? Other then an unknown enemy we have nothing to go on."

Another voice spoke up.

Corporal Peterson
"I'm willing to the Lt. a chance here, until now we had no idea what we were facing, while it's true we don't have any information, it gives us an idea about what's going on."

lieutenant Daniels
"Ever the idealist David, I'm with the Corporal on this though. Even if we don't know who is responsible, we at least know there is something going on here."

Gadriel
"Speculations aside, what does that mean for the city guard?"

Captain Walker
"Excuse me sir?"

Gadriel
"You heard me, the city guard is decimated, most of our vessels are unrecoverable, many of our officers dead. And all we have to show for it is a silly little emblem and a few knit theories. Tell me, what do we do about the guard?"

The room fell silent, murmurs flowed between the guardsmen in the room. Speculations, worry, guilt were present.

Captain Edwards
"With all due respect sir, until now the city guard has protected Cathedral with everything its got, and frankly we're pretty damn good at. We may not be as good as Anvala but we do what we can to protect this city and its inhabitants. While we may have had the living day lights knocked out of us we still remain here, I think it's time we rethought about how we do our duty."

Gadriel
"How so?"

Corporal Peterson
"I feel that our men are not as well trained as they should be, we should have known those two vessels were not one of us but we didn't, and it cost us lives and ships we can not replace."

lieutenant Daniels
"We couldn't recognize the threat even after it revealed its self to us, our men need to be able to act sooner then gawk in surprise when someone opens fire."

lieutenant Ashikaga
"Our men are too undisciplined, they falter when under siege even if they do fight back, they must be the walls of our city."

Gadriel
"Now where does that-"

The warehouse door opened again, and a figure walked.

Captain Walker
"Captain Morgan, seems like you finally decided to join us, finished gallivanting about the city?"

Reagan
"Please Alfred, enough with the talk."

--Wild Winds, earlier--

Spike
"Tell me, you ever have a flak charge detonate prematurely while loading a cannon? See these scars on my face. You start to learn."

She took a look at the scars on his face, looks like that flak shell did a number on his looks.

Reagan
"Sounds like a chore to me, a friend took a cannonade shot into him. He's upstairs if you want to meet him, be warned he's still out."

She took a look at her time piece, she realized what time it was.

Reagan
"Well I would like to stay and chat but I have somewhere to be."

--Guard Warehouse--

Captain Walker
"Hmph, typical. I hope you have something to contribute to this meeting, we've switched over to how to reinvent the Cathedral City Guard."

Reagan
"Personally, while your men were floundering about the place wondering what to do, a friend of mine instantly recognized the threat and managed to stall them long enough for you to get your act together."

lieutenant Daniels
"Are you just going to insult us or do you have anything constructive to say?"

Reagan
"All I'm saying is we need more then just people who are willing to defend the city, we need men with skills, specialists if you will. We've always been a generalists group, while anyone can hold a wrench or steer a ship, people who are superior to others in those fields would make for a more effective guard, spotters, gunners, pilots and navigators, tacticians, while we have several of them, we're going to need more."

Gadriel
"Fair enough start looking for them."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 15, 2013, 02:31:22 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

Gareth
"Hey, Michael, why don't you go pick us up a nice contract."

Michael
"Aye aye."

Michael walked over to the counter and eyed the contracts listed on the board, looking for something simple and well paid. That was the plan. But while he was looking for something safe, he something interesting caught his eye.

Wanted by Order of The Yesha Empire: Zardis Lang Dacrain

Michael leant in closer at the poster. The poster had an image of this "Zardis Dacrain" just below the title, an image that showed a gruff looking man with short dark hair behind a bandana, and a very well kept moustache which was platted at the ends. The overall effect was to make the man look quite mad.

Also known as "Dacrain Wolf".
Wanted dead or alive, preferably alive for interrogation.
Wanted for charges of murder, theft and treason.
Believed to be hiding out in the area around Dragontown.
Care must be taken, this man is extremely dangerous and vile of temperament and all effort should be placed into bringing this scumbag to justice at any cost.
Reward: 7500 Crowns

Michael
"Holy shit!"

He had not realised he said that out loud and a few heads turned to him. He quickly tore down the poster and brought it over to Gareth's table and laid it out. After reading through the notice and arriving on the reward part he responded.

Gareth
"Holy shit! 7500 Crowns?"

Lyre
"The Yeshans must really want this guy. Why? What could he have done that the Empire is willing to offer 7500 Crowns for his arrest."

Gareth
"I'm not sure about that, but what I am sure about is the 7500 Crowns we'll get for bringing him in."

Michael
"We'll not have to work again for a good long while."

Lyre was still not convinced, looking at the poster on the table, she knew from experience that things like this are very rarely as simple as the poster claims it to be.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 15, 2013, 03:06:17 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

BdrLine looks between Plasma and Newt at their conversation. Shaking his head at the news he returns back to the others at the table.

BdrLine
"Well we got some bad news."

The three look up to him giving their attention.

Charles
"Don't tell me."

BdrLine
"Yup The 'Birdman', I think in this case, got away."

Courage
"What do we do now? Do we even know what they are planning?"

BdrLine
"My guess they were here for the many experimental engines. They maybe building something for them, they had a knack for technology to use for their schemes."

Charles
"Damn, think they are big again."

BdrLine
"For that, I don't even know, much behind them are unknown. All the information we know about them are either destroyed  or just a single chapter in the Library back in Chang-ning. They are also unpredicable, only time we cross paths is that we were lucky or they came to us."

Tommy
"So there is no way to find their next moves."

BdrLine
"Nope and I bet they are long gone from this city."

--Endless Salts, En Route to Suna towards Yesha--

After regrouping with the rest of his men, The Birdman then returned back to the race track in the middle of the night and salvage the many experimental engines form the racing craft, of course taking out the clean-up crew and protection. To transport the heavy componets, they stole a transport ship and another ship for protection.

Throughout the night and into the next day, the three ship formation race thought the Salts on full speed. On the stolen Militia Goldfish, the Birdman reconfigure the radio to the two ships that took the Zhao delivery job.

Birdman
"What's the status on this delivery."

Radio
"We are half a days out from the Capitol."

Birdman
"Good, good. Once in the city hold there until I personally come. I want to be there and greet the Councilman and his family personally. But first I have certain goods to store back in our hideout."

Radio
"Yes sir."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 15, 2013, 07:38:58 pm
--Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions, Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma fluidly splits his attention between the various groups at the counter. Preparing documents for one while discussing terms with the other. He acknowledges Spike with a nod before accepting a rather large sum of money from a rather old gentleman with a fantastically long beard. He produced a receipt from under the desk, then grabs a large stack of papers and hands them to another man.

Eventually he puts up a neat little board folded at an angle. The makeshift sign reads

ON BREAK

and he ducks out in front of the counter, crossing the room wearily and settling at the bar. Emily moves over to him and shoots a brief derisive look his way.

Emily
"You seem overworked."

He narrow his eyes at her, vaguely suspecting sarcasm.

Plasma
"I've never been quite comfortable behind a desk or counter. Much prefer the sky. Might see if BdrLine wants to go take out these Bird bastards for once and all. Might not be that simple, but I think the Might is up to it."

Emily's face darkens briefly, but Plasma is too engrossed in his beer to notice. When he finally does surface, she's all concern and indignation again.

Emily
"But, you have no idea where to look. Don't tell me you're just going to fly out in a random direction?"

Plasma gives her a sideways look. He produces a note from his pocket. A crude map seems to be drawn on it.

Quote from: Note
Dearest friend,

We are sorry you could not prevent such horrible tragedy.
We wish to impress our good will on you. Friends help friends. We would very much like to help you, and would like your help.
This map will lead you to some birds. They will not expect you.
Other birds are flying, as birds do, flying for the beautiful boxes kept by the Zhao. We also wish for friendship with the Zhao, and would like to help them. Your friend, BdrLine, may be interested in these birds.

With friendship
Those of Dust

Emily
"And you trust these people? These Arashi enigmas?"

Plasma shrugs. And pockets the note. He pushes himself up from the bar, ignoring Emily's curled fists and glaring eyes to walk over to BdrLine. He taps him on the shoulder, and hands him the note.

Plasma
"I think, maybe, you and I should hunt some birds."

He then walks to the bounty board, and quickly draws up a new notice.
Quote from: Post
WANTED

Two Engineers of Competence
One Handy Gunner

60% of captains share - No less than 500 in coin.
Dangerous work hunting dangerous men.

See Plasma for details.

Noticing Spike nearby, and after watching him twirl his spanner a bit, Plasma calls out to him.
Plasma
"You, Cowboy in the Orange Suit. You were interested in a bounty job, yeah? Care to crew the Venucian Might? I could use an engineer of your caliber."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 16, 2013, 02:36:36 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Gareth
"So, who are taking on this mission?"

Michael
"Well, there's you, me, Lionel, Kay, Hector..."

Lyre
"Me."

Gareth and Michael looked at her, while she looked back at them with a 'matter of fact' expression and tone.

"I'm coming too."

Gareth
"Lyre, you've still got a hole in your stomach. You can barely walk."

Lyre
"So let's say I don't go with you. You'll be going off perusing down to Dragontown, and leaving me here... all alone. The only option other than taking me with you is not going at all. Are you sure you want to do that?"

Gareth just sat there, glaring at Lyre before raising an eyebrow.

Gareth
"I guess I have no choice."

Lyre
"As per usual."

Michael stood up and clapped his hands together.

Michael
"Well, I guess that's us sorted. I'll go get the Griffinheart ready and brief the crew. Meet us at the docks some point soon."

And with that Michael strode out of the door and off towards the docks, while Gareth and Lyre sat at the table and looked at each other silently. Gareth then took the poster and set it down on the table facing Lyre.

Gareth
"'Extremely dangerous and vile of temperament'. I'm not going to lie, this looks dangerous, and I'm not going to say I  like the idea of you coming with us. But if you get shot again, or worse, I'm not sure I could deal."

Lyre put her hand on the side of his face.

Lyre
"Neither am I. But it won't have to come to that. I'll be careful."

There was a pause before Gareth nodded and put the poster in his pocket.

Lyre
"I'm gonna go help with the ship. See you there soon."

Gareth
"I'll help you."

Lyre
"Don't you dare."

She got up and made her way slowly to the door, grasping her stomach tightly to lessen obvious pain, which could be seen on her face. Gareth held the worried expression on his face, but removed it as he got up and walked toward the counter. He leant over and quickly addressed Plasma.

Gareth
"Just so you know, We'll be gone for a while on a big contract. Just a heads up."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Cowboy Spike Spiegel on July 16, 2013, 03:07:08 pm
Spike looks up as he is addressed by a captain, now this was the break he's looking for. Slowly he stands back up and twirls the spanner like a pistol, holstering it in his utility belt.

Spike
"How much do ya pay for an engineer of 'my' caliber?"

He questions the Captain. Spike isn't one to be paid like dirt. He wants to get rich and get out quick.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 16, 2013, 04:03:09 pm
--Tattered Facility, Burren--

A gun shot filled the air and a beast fell to the ground.

Preston
"W-w-what are these things!?"

Dalhia
"I'd rather not figure that out, how many does that make?"

Travis
"Fifteen by my last count, there may be more ahead. I think we should be wary as we continue on."

They continued down the hallway, it was definitely filled with things they could sell or use, they have to keep note of it for later though. As Dalhia and Travis continued on, Preston was examining the dog like beast, it was black, and covered in some sort of residue, he was about to take his eyes off it when the flesh began to dissolve and all that was left was a skeleton.

Preston
"G-g-guys!"

They were to far ahead off him, they only motioned for him to come, and he ran to meet them. His eyes darting back to the skeleton all the way.

--Tattered Air Dock--

For the past hour they've been listening in on the muffled sounds of gun fire, they had no idea what was going on inside but they couldn't leave the ship unattended. Whatever was going in on their it couldn't be good.

Reynold
"What do you think is going on in there?"

Richard
"Hell if I know, I'd like to go in and check but we can't leave the ship alone can we?"

Reynold
"Point taken. Still I'm worried, I'd rather not see anymore people I care about injured because I can't do a damn thing to help them."

--Tattered Facility--

They entered a large open room, which just spoke of ambush. They looked around, tables, chairs, strange contraptions blocked off all the doors beside the one they entered through.

Travis
"What the hell happened in this place?"

Dalhia
"Again, I'd rather not find out."

A booming sound echoed throughout the room, then a voice behind them spoke. They turned to see Preston at some sort of terminal, a man was displayed on the screen.

Man
"We tried, we tried and we failed. The mistakes of those that came before us, and we tried to right them, but we failed. The Grazer Hounds are loose throughout the facility, we've blocked them off here but we can't hold it for long, we've evacuated as many as we can, and we're still going."

Another voice from off screen chimed in.

Man 2
"Sir, they're trying to break through the barricade, I'd give them a few minutes before we have to fight them off again."

Man
"I see,"

He sighed before continuing.

Man
"If anyone in the future gets this, you must kill the brood mother, it is imperative you do this, if these things loose-"

He paused for a moment, the sounds of hammering getting louder and louder.

Man
"I'd rather not think of the consequences."

More hammering, another voice from off screen spoke.

Women 1
"Sir, one of our ships has returned, if we make a run for it, we may be able to escape!"

Man
"Take the others and go ahead, I'll be right behind you."

Man 2
"But sir we can't just leave-"

He made a motion to silence the voices, they fell quiet.

Man
"I will be right behind you, now go."

Man 2
"Yes sir."

Many foot steps resounded about and soon they grew quieter.

Man
"The Brood mother is at the lowest floor, in order to kill her you must incinerate the containment chamber, access code is 2340-9243-Alpha Centauri. Go with haste, good luck."

He stood up and ran in the direction of the other footsteps, a door was closed, and a large explosion filled the room.

Dalhia
"Sounds like someone fucked up big time."

Preston
"Umm, guys, there was only one open door when we entered, if that was anything to go by, how did the

He thought for a moment, the name apparently lost on him.

Travis
"Grazer Hounds?"

Preston
"Yes, how did they get in?"

The fact startled them for a moment, before they frantically began searching around the room, looking for the supposed entrance. the only thing they found close enough was a vent in the wall, it looked to small for one of the creatures to enter through, let alone a horde of them.

Travis
"What do we do now? Do we do as he asks?"

Preston
"We should head back to the ship, this is to much for us alone."

He had calmed down enough for him to speak normally, he also spoke the truth, they wouldn't be able to tackle this foe alone, and they would need bigger guns.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 16, 2013, 05:17:57 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

Tommy and the others looks to BdrLine after Plasma's proposal.

Tommy
"Think we should go after them?"

BdrLine
"With the knowledge that they are still out there, I'm down for some big bird hunting."

Charles
"But we don't know where to start. They can be anywhere."

BdrLine
"Yes, but if we don't do anything the consequences are dire. Let them get away with it, then ... I don't want to know."

He puts his hands up at not wanting to know if the Birdmen, or Birdman, wins. The three looks at one another and back to him.

Courage
"You know what, we're in."

BdrLine
"Really? Going out on this, it will be one of the most dangerous things we will go through."

Charles
"Hell Bdr, we went through worst, another thing wouldn't faze us."

BdrLine
"Alright, then I'll go and tell Plasma."

He gets up and moves towards Plasma and places a hand on his shoulder.

BdrLine
"We are in, this Birdman is too much to be left alive and out there. But we need to do one thing, I need to get back to Anvala to retrieve some things before we set off for this."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 16, 2013, 05:26:46 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma nods at BdrLine, indicating the new notice he's posted.

Plasma
"I'll see what I can do about a crew while you're gone. Be quick about it."

He watches BdrLine walk back over to the others, and let's out a sigh. Then turns to back to the Cowboy.

Spike
"How much do ya pay for an engineer of 'my' caliber?"

Plasma jerks his thumb back at the poster, arching an eyebrow at Spike.

Plasma
"Well, that depends on how much we bring in. The total bounty will be split between crews, but I'll guarantee no less than 500 coin each. Quite probably be a great deal more than that. Honestly, you won't get a terrible lot more round these parts. Not without...ah...massive caveats."

He shoots an almost pitying look at Gareth, Michael, and Lyre as she leaves. As Gareth approaches him he shoots him a worried glance.

Gareth
"Just so you know, We'll be gone for a while on a big contract. Just a heads up."

Plasma
"We haven't known each other for very long...but I wouldn't take that contract if I were you. Not if it were 100,000 coin. But it's your decision and I can't say any more about it."

He shrugs, picking up the ON BREAK sign and tossing it over the counter, before following it himself.
He draws up a few papers, contracts for crewmen, and handles a few transactions from the other customers who had waited so patiently for him to return. 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 16, 2013, 06:17:01 pm
--Docks--

Michael had briefed the crew of the Griffinheart and was now making a few preflight checks, running over things like balloon integrity and the functioning of guns. After remembering the race, he put extra effort into the inspection of the engines. He was just examining the left steering engine when he glanced at the gangplank and saw Lyre limping aboard. He slid down the ladder, walked over and offered to help her, an offer she begrudgingly accepted. She gave a small 'thanks' as he let go and she went over to the helm.

Michael
"Oh, so you'll be flying?"

Lyre
"Why wouldn't I be? I can still turn a wheel."

Michael
"Well, this is technically my ship, well... Partially my ship. Anyway, I'm the better pilot."

Lyre
"Hey, what happened to your face?"

There was a silence between them which lasted a second before Lyre chuckled.

Michael
"Fair point."

Just then Gareth arrived with the eagles following him, before both landing on the rail. Gareth walked over and gathered the crew on deck.

Gareth
"Right crew. It may seem like this is a one way ticket to riches, and maybe it is. But I know from experience that they don't put large bounties on men who come quietly. So we should expect a fight. This 'Dacrain Wolf' will almost certainly have teeth and claws. But that's hardly stopped us in the pa- I don't know how to finish this lets just go."

Everyone laughed, as Lyre lifted the ship up and took it out on a southwesterly course.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 16, 2013, 11:18:37 pm
--Wild Winds--

He was sore, definitely sore, and wounded it would seem. He sat up and took a look at the table next to him, a bag was placed on it, upon further examination it contained his clothes. Realizing that he quickly looked at his body only to notice, that thankfully he still had his underwear on.

Alex
"Sometimes I wonder."

Sitting on the bed for a moment, he tested the waters, he slowly began to stand, finding he could he carefully put a foot in front of him. Well knowing that he could walk and stand, he threw on his clothes and began to walk out the door when he noticed a note taped to the table.

Alex
"Lets see here."

He picked up the note, apparently it was from Richard.

Captain

I needn't tell you that we're worried about you,
Anyways, we've decided to get some work done and are heading out to salvage from some locations.
If you wake while we're gone I hope you can find something to keep you occupied,
We don't expect to be back till morning tomorrow.

Good Luck
~Richard


Alex
"Well at least you've done something right."

He walked out of the room and headed down the stairs. He noticed that some of the regulars weren't around, BdrLine was talking to his crew, Plasma was sitting at the jobs desk and a new guy was sitting at a table looking at a contract, there was no sign of the bird crew though Gareth was his name wasn't it? He popped over to the bar to grab a drink.

Newt
"Awake are ya? Glad to see you up and about, now how about a drink?"

Alex
"I'll have a whiskey."

Newt popped back under the table to grab something, while he was doing that, something on the bounty board caught his eye. He pulled the bounty off and began to look at it, Newt popped back with a bottle of whiskey.

Alex
"Zardis Lang Dacrain huh, this is new, never would have thought he would have a bounty like placed on him."

Newt
"Know him?"

He poured a pretty decent sized drink into his glass.

Alex
"Know him? I've dealt with him a few times, he used be the Head of one the Prominent Trade Houses back in the Yeshan Empire. He also helped to smuggle me and a-"

Newt noticed he was lost for words for a moment.

Alex
"A friend, he helped smuggle us out of the Empire, I was 16 if I recall correctly."

Newt
"Eh, who knows with the Yeshans, hell he might even be revolutionary, considering Treason is on the list of charges, want another whiskey."

Alex
"Nah, a job more like it, my crew is out for the next day or so on a Salvage run."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 17, 2013, 01:06:29 am
Wild Winds Inn

Coming back to the table, BdrLine sits back down and addresses the others.

"Plasma is in, he is just looking for people to crew with him. But in the mean time we should head back home to resupply and get our weapons."

Tommy
"Sound like a plan."

Courage
"So when are we leaving."

Taking out a pocket watch, BdrLine calculates the time needed to get back to Anvala.

"If we leave now, it will take at least hmm 30 or so hours."

Tommy
"That's with moonshine and full throttle?"

BdrLine
"Yup."

Tommy
"*whoo* Thank you for modifying those engines, be a pain if we were to work constantly fixing them."

BdrLine
"And that's why you guys love me when it come to my engineering."

Charles leans closer to Courage and whispers.

"Especially when it blows up in everyone's faces."

This causes Courage to snicker at the comment, which BdrLine didn't hear.

BdrLine
"Alright let's get back up, the sooner we get back here, the better in catching the Birdman."

The four them move back upstairs to their rooms and commence to pack their belongings. Double checking if they left anything, the leave and head back down to the lobby where BdrLine pays off the rooms. As they leave the building, BdrLine calls out.

"Plasma we will be back as soon as we can."

Docks

Loading their bags down in the hold, the crew of four starts preparation to lift the Goldfish out of the docks and into the air. As the tie lines are released, the Starlight rises out and moves away from the airship docks. As soon they are away from Cathedral, BdrLine maxes out the engines and start to inject them with moonshine. Normally all of the engines have to be constantly watch by engineers so they won't break under the pressure, but with an old pre-world schematics that was found almost a year back, they can run fully without breaking giving more time for crusing.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Cowboy Spike Spiegel on July 18, 2013, 02:17:34 am
-Wild Winds-

After the small exchange of words about pay Spike would give a nod to Plasma. He'd join in on the crew and he'd be damn ready too. Spike always took a bit more than just his repair kit. Slowly he slides out a metal case from under his chair and opens it revealing the pieces to a long rifle that could be disassembled. Inside it were also two pistols and ammo for all the weapons. This man was a real cowboy and he knew how to take bounties. He'd been doing it for years. He inspects and cleans the guns innards and outsides giving them an almost shiny glow. He also ran some nice oils through the barrel and polished the handles. They had been recently used on a flight through the canyons which Spike almost lost his life in. He was the pilot of that ship...the Bebop. This is why he wants the cash. He wants to rebuild his ship for his previous crew.

Spike
"There we go...My boys are all ready for flying."

Suddenly a pair of boots hits the stairs with a resounding creak following them as a burly man with a mechanical arm walks down the stairs and looks to Spike who's just finishing with his guns.

Jet
"Hey Spike, got us any bounty heads to catch yet?"

Spike
"Actually Jet, yeah I did. That is if the captain is up to having you on his ship."

Spike quickly puts away his guns and closes his case as Jet comes closer and takes the chair next to him.

Spike
"Ay, Plasma! Did I get that right? I've got another crewmate for ya. One of mine, best damn gunner on this side of the world. His name's Jet. by the way you never caught my name I'm Spike. Bounty Hunter, Engineer and previous Captain of The Bebop. Too damn bad we got shot down over the canyons."

Spike speaks giving out some titles, hoping to have caught Plasma's attention after he finishes with the customers.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 18, 2013, 04:06:41 am
--Sky over Middle Plains--

The Griffinheart was put on a constant speed and Lyre rested, leaning on the helm, while Gareth and Michael put up a small table on deck and laid down a map.

Michael
"So, the contract said Zardis was either in or around Dragontown, here."

He pointed to Dragontown on the map.

Gareth
"Ahh, Dragontown, do you remember what happened last time?"

Michael
"Yeah... I've tried to forget."

Gareth
"That was a good old time."

Michael
"I almost got shot."

Lionel
"I almost lost an eye!"

He called over from the bow of the ship, where he was tinkering with the front mounted harpoon.

Gareth
"But you didn't, and that's what matters."

Michael
"Hmmm, if you say so."

Gareth
"Either way, I doubt we'll run into those goons again."

Some time passed while Gareth and Michael poured over the map and Lyre played with the eagles, throwing pieces of bread over the side and letting the eagles swoop down after them, picking them up and dropping them back into Lyre's hands. Hector was tinkering with the engines, while Kay was practising badass ways of drawing a pistol, often spouting cheesy lines to the thin air before drawing the gun.

Lyre
"So what's Dragontown like?"

Gareth
"It's a city of shadows."

Lyre looked at him, puzzled.

"If you're ever in need of some mercenaries or less than lawfully acquired intelligence, you'll find plenty of it in Dragontown. It's the perfect place for a fugitive to hide out and never get caught."

Lyre
"We should have no trouble though. The problem is these Yeshan highborns don't know how to navigate the underworld."

Just then a thought struck Michael that made him plant his palm firmly on his face.

Michael
"This is a Yeshan contract."

Gareth
"Yeah, what do you mean- Oh goddamnit."

Lyre
"They still want us caught."

Michael
"Alright, it's not a huge deal, I'll handle all the transactions, they don't care about me."

Gareth
"This might be more interesting than I first imagined."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 18, 2013, 04:13:16 am
--Wild Winds--

He watched, as a large man with a metal arm walked down the stairs, he was fairly muscular and imposing, nothing he hadn't seen before. Of course he'd hate to have to go against a man like him, he was just lucky they were on the same side for now.

Newt
"Well that's not something you see everyday, so back to this "friend" of yours, who were they?"

Alex
"Ah, a story for another day, it's painful, but someone has to remember it."

Newt
"Hehe, I'll hold you to that."

He picked something up and dropped it, gathering the attention of everyone in the inn.

Newt
"Sorry bout that!"

He picked it back up, it was a large bottle, which thankfully didn't shatter.

Alex
"Is that a bottle of Firnfield Gin?"

Newt
"You bet, when you tell the story holler and I'll pull out the bottle."

Alex
"Deal."

He just grinned and went back to cleaning glasses. Alex was more transfixed by the metal arm this "Jet" had, before he knew it he already blurted out a memory.

Alex
"I remember back when I was serving in the Firnfield militia, a colleague of mine had his arm blown off during a pirate raid, he got a metal one and used it play jokes on people, tying it to ropes touching people with it, crazy bastard even took it off and used it to fight a pirate, thankfully he was left handed so losing his right didn't really do much."

He went back to his drink, without even noticing that every eye in the Inn was looking at him.

--Tattered Air Dock--

Phillip was watching the entrance to the facility, in the corner of his eye he saw something and aimed his rifle at it, only to see the team returning.

Phillip
"You're back! Did you find anything?"

they walked on board the ship and grabbed one of the modified chain guns Alex kept around.

Phillip
"Wait, why do you need that?"

Dalhia
"Some crazy shit went down, and to answer your question, yes we found something, and no, you're not clear to enter, unless you want to help us rid this land of some deadly creatures, stay here."

Phillip
"Yaaa, you go do that, I'll just watch the door and make sure nothing gets through."

Behind them Richard walked up with his pistol, he was also carrying some explosives.

Richard
"I take it you found something that needs pure extermination?"

Travis
"You got that right, apparently something went down in the past, ended up in the creation of these crazy dog creatures, we've got to kill the brood mother apparently."

Richard
"All right, lets do it."

He looked back to the remaining members of the crew.

Richard
"Lorena, you're in charge, please keep the ship in one piece till we get back."

Lorena
"Got it, you should stay safe, dad'll kill you if you die."

Richard
"Somehow I think he'll resurrect me and then kill me again. We'll be back."

The four of them entered the facility, and the door closed behind them.

--Tattered facility--

Richard
"So where is this Brood Mother?"

Dalhia
"Bottom floor, other then that I don't know."

Preston
"What do we do when we find it exactly, and what if there is a nest? What do we do about that?"

Travis
"We've got explosives, and we've got the access code for the room incineration, we should be able to take care of anything."

The walked to the open room where the terminal was. The doors were still blocked and the vent was still open.

Travis
"Give me a moment."

He grabbed a piece of sheet metal that was lying against the wall and began to weld the vent closed, after a few moments he was done. While he was doing that the others had cleared one of the door ways.

Dalhia
"We should take this one at a time, if we don't find anything we'll seal the door way again and try another."

They entered through the door way, and began searching for a way down.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 18, 2013, 10:39:58 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma waves BdrLine out the door before turning his attention back to Jet and Spike.
He listens with interested attention, nodding his head gravely.

Plasma
"So you were the folks on the Bebop. I heard about that. Nasty piece of business. Still, I heard it was a spectacular chase. But let me see..."

He fumbles around in the clutter for a moment, shifting deals and bank draws out of the way before producing another contract identical to the one handed to Spike from the bottom of the pile. He slides it over the desk to them.

Plasma
"If you can hit a bird at 150 meters, we're good. Welcome to the crew boys."

Suddenly Newt appears at the edge of the counter, bemused urgency written all over his rugged face. He nods to Jet, both men dwarfing the other two, and then turns back to face the counter and an expectant Plasma.

Newt
"You had better be careful, she's got it in her head that she's going with you."

Plasma
"Not...!"

Newt
"You should see her, deck out in full uniform and a quite stylish hat if I say so myself. Watch yourself. I've not see you say no to her yet. If she comes back with a scratch on her..."

Plasma gives him a dismayed, hurt look with a strong undercurrent of alarm.
Plasma
 "What makes you think I'm going to-"

But Newt is already walking back to the bar with a wave. Plasma sighs as the door marked Staff Only is thrown wide, and Emily marches through. She is wearing a sort of military uniform of deep blue and white, trimmed with gold here and there. The tricorn hat set upon her head is a match for the one Plasma wears when not indoors, but trimmed with a matching gold thread and much less worn. She stomps over to the counter and glares at Plasma.

Emily
"I'm coming."

Plasma
"No."

Emily
"And do you propose to physically hold me back?"

Plasma
"Will I have to?"

Emily smiles at him, sweet and full of venom.

Emily
"Of course not. But it would be so easy to find my own crew, a willing ship, and simply happen to take the same route as you. But you wouldn't want me on a ship full of criminals and bounty hunters, would you? At least, not one up to your high moral standards."

Plasma gazes at her, defeated. He shuffles a few papers with unnecessary violence and grudgingly slides the third contract over the counter to her. She takes it without a word and disappears back behind the Staff Only door.

He turns to Jet, Spike, and the others gathered around the trade counter.

Plasma
"Sorry about that. I don't know what's gotten into her..."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 18, 2013, 01:27:51 pm
--Dragontown--

In a busy street in the centre of town two Yeshan soldiers walked down the road, one of them holding a wanted poster in his hand. Every so often they would pull over a random passer by and question them on the location of the Dacrain Wolf, to no avail, for he had hidden himself well. On the outskirts of the street another man was leaning against a wall and reading the day's paper until a hooded man approached him and nudged his arm, before gesturing toward the Yeshans.

Hooded man
"Since when was Dragontown under the blue veil?"

The man lowered his paper and adjusted his glasses.

Man
"It isn't, but you wouldn't have thought as much, the amount of them that are marching around."

Hooded man
"I can't believe the city authorities allow this."

Man
"I don't think it's very wise to stand against the Empire."

The hooded man ignored him and walked into the middle of the street, where he was immediately stopped by the soldiers.

Soldier 1
"Halt! Have you seen this criminal?"

The second soldier held up the poster.

Soldier 2
"He's wanted for charges of murder, theft and treason."

The hooded man examined the poster while thinking fast and deeply. Until he decided on a course of action.

Hooded man
"Err... No, no I have... err, never seen this man in my life."

Soldier 1
"He's lying."

Hooded man
"No I'm not!"

The second soldier put the poster in his pocket and punched the hooded man in the stomach, causing him to buckle over, before being grabbed from behind and dragged into an alley way, onlookers looking on all the while. The soldiers shoved him up against the wall and one pulled out a gun and held it to his still concealed head.

Soldier 1
"Where is Zardis Dacrain?"

Hooded man
"I've no idea who that even is."

The second soldier pistol whipped him.

Soldier 2
"We've dealt with many scum through our service, but of all of them, you're the absolute worst liar."

Hooded man
"Maybe that's cause I'm telling the truth."

Soldier 2
"I've had enough of this."

He cocked the pistol.

"Do you really think it'll matter if we kill you."

Hooded man
"W-wait! I'll take you to him."

Soldier 1
"So you were lying. Knew as much. Lead the way."

They relinquished the man and he took them out of the alley to a gathering crowd of people. They ignored the crowd and were led by the hooded man for around five minutes to an abandoned warehouse.

Hooded man
"He's in here. He has no help so there won't be any resistance."

Soldier 1
"Thank you for your 'cooperation'."

The two guards strode into the warehouse, leaving the hooded man outside. If only they saw the smile plastered on the man's face, beneath the hood. He spoke quietly to himself.

Hooded man
"Idiots."

Just then the distinct gurgling sound of slit throats emanated from inside. Then, a man and a woman exited the building, bearing bloody knives and wearing black coats with a wolf embroidered in red on the breast pocket. And behind them they pulled out the bodies of the Yeshan soldiers. The hooded man then removed his hood to reveal short dark hair and a platted moustache.

Zardis
"Will these bastards ever learn?"

With a final note he spat on one of the soldiers and ordered for them to be discretely dumped somewhere out of sight.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Cowboy Spike Spiegel on July 18, 2013, 04:59:23 pm
--Wild Winds Trade Counter--

Jet
"We know what it's like. The one of our crew that's like that is upstairs."

Spike
"One of the things I hate most... Kids, animals, and women with attitudes."

Spike chuckles before looking to the stairwell as a woman in yellow leather shorts and top with attached straps walks her way down wearing some sassy boots with slight heels.

Jet
"Speak of the devil... You get your beauty sleep Faye?"

Faye
"You bet your ass I did."

Spike
"Good. I found us a little assignment, not sure if Cap here has room for ya though, we've already got another gal of his that seems a bit too much like you."

Spike and Jet both chuckle while Faye began pouting at the two of them, stamping over to the group. As she closes the distance to the counter she gives Plasma a sultry look.

Faye
"Well aren't you cute?"

Spike
"He's not for sale Faye. I'd be careful I don't want a cat fight 'round here."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 18, 2013, 11:45:02 pm
Starlight

Somewhere between Ramad and Pila, BdrLine's Goldfish continues cruising at its top speed. And the monotony of flying and the sandy landscape starts to get to the crew. On the helm, Tommy has both arms stretched in front of him inbetween the rungs of the wheel, leaning forward. On the main deck, the two ex-Anvalan Defenders looks over the railing into the landscape staring, staring just for anything to happen. Finally, right on the roof of the cabin of the ship lies BdrLine with his hands on his hair looking wide eyed at the balloon. Having enough, he crawls to the front edge of the cabin and calls to Tommy.

BdrLine
"How long have we been flying???"

Rolling his eyes and groaning, he yells back.

Tommy
"Bdr, it's been around nine hours. And like you, we are all bored."

Turning around and looking back up

BdrLine
"Fate of the world at stake, and we are bored out of our mind just to get our equipment."

Tommy
"We know. You know what, see what the other two are doing, it'll have something for you to do."

Sighing, BdrLine turns around on his stomach and pushes himself up. Grabbing a line, he slides down to the main deck behind the two men. Still staring out in the distance and oblivious to BdrLine's presence, a michevious grin comes upon his face. Silently moving away from the, and towards the hold, BdrLine rummages around and takes out two pans and goes back to them. Standing behind the two, BdrLine raises both arms, holding a pan in each hand, and was about to slam them together until Charles spoke.

Charles
"Don't think about it Bdr, Juts because we can't see it, doesn't mean we don't know what you are up to."

Startled, BdrLine leans back and loses his balance, dropping the pans on the ground. Chuckling, the two turns around and sees their friend. Courage then lends a hand to him, which BdrLine accepts.

Courage
*Chuckling* "For a Yeshan, you are really not stealthy."

Standing back up and brushing off the dust, BdrLine looks at his two compatriots.

BdrLine
"Oh haha, I'm can be stealthy when I need to be."

Charles
"Apparently not right now."

Turning and laughing, Courage raises a hand which Charles gives a high five. Groaning, BdrLine looks to the helm.

BdrLine
"Are we there yet?"

Leaning still on the helm, Tommy gives out a bored answer.

Tommy
"Noope"

BdrLine
"Arrrgh, yo- jus- , Courage, take out the tarp on the merc and load in some rounds. Need to vent out some frustration."

Liking the idea, Courage goes to the ships ammo storage and brought out a box of the special ammunition to the Anvalan Mercury. Pulling out the tarp, Charles looks over the weapon and opens the breach and grabs a round when Courage returns. Loaded, BdrLine goes to the trigger and looks through the scope. Eyeing a sand dune in the distance, he takes aim and fires.

The round soars through the air as the report from the howitzer echoes around them. Still looking at the target, BdrLine spots the round hitting the target as the dune explodes, scattering sand everywhere. Satisfied, he gets off the gun and looks at the other two.

BdrLine
"So you guys want to shoot one?"

Looking at each other, the two shrug and loads a round and fire away, before spending the rest of the rounds in the ammo bucket.

Somewhere En Route to Chang-ning

The three stolen ships still flies towards their destination. Back on the radio, the Birdman calls in the two transport ships with the Zhao merchandise from Cathedral.

Birdman
"So, I assume you arrived in the city."

Radio
"Yes sir, we are just waiting at the docks for your arrival."

Birdman
"Excellent. We are almost to the our hideout. Once we drop off our, merchandise we will be arriving soon."

Radio
"Roger."

Silencing the radio, the Birdman looks out from the stolen Cathedral Militia Goldfish to the transport with the stolen prototype engines, he sees his engineers tinkering away trying to solve their properties. Coming up to the cabin, his second comes towards him.

Man
"Sir, ten minutes and we are at the hideout."

Turning to him, the Birdman goes to the helm.

Birdman
"Good, go and radio the place to prepare for our arrival."

Nodding, the Man goes to the radio and dial in the hideouts frequency. A few minutes of chatting with one another, the Man puts back the receiver to the set. Out in the distance, what seems like a normal cliff face starts to move and rumble as a camouflage metallic door opens. Flying in the open hanger, the three ships land as the huge door closes behind them. Climbing down the Fish, the Birdman walks and sees the sight before him. Behind him, men starts to move to the transport ship and remove the engines. Overseeing the removal, the Man turns to look what the Birdman was looking at.

Not taking his eyes off, the Birdman says to the other Man

Birdman
"Let the workers take care of those. I want you to hail the other ranking members. Once finished, you'll be overseeing the completion. I'll be away to my appointment."

Man
"Yes sir,"

As the Man turns and move to another part of the hidden building, behind him, many workers are working on a big and dark project as only the light of the wielding touches can be seen. Folding his hands behind his back, the Birdman mainly says to himself.

"The world will see again the power and wrath of the Birdmen."

Laughing evilly, he moves to another ship, a Galleon this time with no markings, and boards the vessel. Finally aboard, the ships crew then starts her and and moves out the hidden door. Flying towards the Empire's Capital again, the Birdman looks out forward with a grin forming under his mask.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 21, 2013, 02:41:53 pm
Narrator

The day turns to night as both BdrLine's and Gareth's ships cruise in the dark towards their separate destinations. Out in the Tattered Falcility, Richard and his group continues going down trying to locate the Brood Mother. In the City of Cathedral, normality tries to return after the attack on the Rocket Race, but a suspense of fear comes over the City as the Militia and Council tries to figure out the cause. As for Plasma and the others in the Inn, it comes as a busy day as business continues through the day.

End Narration

End of Day 7

----------------------

Start of Day 8

Narrator

The sun rises over the horizon as a new day starts. Much of the group are spread out going on their own adventures. Still flying west, Gareth has crossed the majority of the Burren and is close to Dragontown where his search for his bounty. On another search, the group inside the Tattered Facility, Richard and the others finally made it to the bottom floor, and stands in front of a giant metallic door where they assume the Mother is hold. Finally approaching the City, BdrLine and others prepare to land in the docks of Anvala.

End Narration
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 21, 2013, 03:24:09 pm
--Sky northeast of Dragontown--

Michael
"I can just about make Dragontown out in the distance."

He took away his spyglass and put it back in his pocket, before walking up towards the helm, taking over from Lyre, who was starting to walk normally again, while she took a seat on the map table.

"...Should be a few hours before we make dock."

Gareth
"Sounds good, gather round people."

The crew gathered around and Gareth spoke.

"We all remember what happened last time we were in Dragontown."

All the crew, other than Lyre, nodded.

Lyre
"Look, what happened?"

Gareth
"It's really not important, just... A word for the wise, don't play games with the Dragontown underworld, it won't go well."

Lyre
"Don't mess with powerful crime lords? You know you don't need to tell me that."

Gareth
"Well, anyway, when we get there we'll still need to find Zardis. Michael, you and Lionel will go reef around the local taverns. While Lyre and I'll go check on some contacts. While this is going on, Kay and Hector will mind the ship, this city is hardly a safe place to leave a ship unattended."

The crew all nodded to express their understanding. And Gareth began to walk away until he turned back.

"Oh and, err, bring a gun or two."

--Dragontown military district--

Meanwhile, in the military outpost of the city, the Yeshans were granted permission by the city's authorities to muster and house a large amount of troops, and the entire military district was practically swarming with Yeshans, much to the disapproval of the locals. But the Yeshans cared not for the opinions of the locals, for they only cared that, should their plan go accordingly, Zardis Lang Dacrain would be in custody by sundown.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 21, 2013, 03:31:13 pm
--Tattered Facility--

Before them stood a massive door, over polished and over decorated, whoever built must have had a fairly large ego.

Richard
"You know, I don't think I was expecting this."

Preston
"Gaudy door, useless door, over priced door." he was mumbling over varied obscenities toward the door.

Travis
"You have to admit though, the door looks pretty cool."

Preston
"I mean, yeah sure it looks cool, but what purpose does it serve at the bottom of some decrepit facility in the middle of nowhere, where people can't appreciate its beauty."

Richard
"I get what you're saying Preston, but this is unknown beauty, not everyone knows about, it's unspoiled."

Preston
"But beauty is meant to be appreciated, no matter what form, it can't down here."

Travis
"But we are appreciating it, right now in fact."

Preston
"But others can't, are you telling me that we're going to take random trips down here, just to look at a door?"

Travis
"Ok that is a bit overboard, we won't be taking trips to a door, but other people can and will find it, it may be years till the next person finds it but at least it still exists."

Behind them a gunshot echoed about the room, they didn't even looked surprised as Dalhia came over with a smoking rifle.

Dalhia
"Right are you three done proposing to the door, if not I'll give you four a moment alone while I go kill more of these grazer hounds."

Preston
"See what you've done Travis? You've made the bridesmaid angry!"

Richard
"Hey, we still have wedding plans to make, so get cracking."

Dalhia
"I hate you guys so much sometimes!"

She stormed over to the door control panel and typed in the access code they were given earlier. The door hummed, first it cracked open, a shaft of light breaching the opening, then the door slowly opened, flooding the room with blinding light.

Travis
"Beautiful....."

Richard
"I've never seen anything like it!"

Preston
"Oh it's so overwhelming!"

the door reached it's apex and the light burst obscuring all for just a moment before it faded, a hallway revealed before them.

Richard
"Right, on we go."

--Tattered air dock--

A massive grinding noise could be heard echoing from the facility, it was loud enough that it woke up the remaining crew members.

Lorena
"Oi..... sleepy heads."

Reynold
"Yes my lady?"

His speech was long and drawn out, he was clearly out of it, like he was every morning.

Lorena
"Keep an eye on the door, if anything tries to kill us, please wake me up."

Reynold
"Hehehe yes my lady."

Phillip
"Sometimes I wonder about his mental state, Reynold, I'll keep watch, just please keep yourself out of trouble."

Reynold
"Hehehe, ok my lord."

Before they could do anything, a flare from the facility soared skyward, breaking everyone from their stupors.

Reynold
"What the hell was that?!"

Phillip
"I'd rather not find out, it might attract ships from all over, so be careful."

Lorena
"No need to tell me that, I'll keep an eye on the engines, you two watch the skies."

The crew went about their duties, preparing for whatever could hope to take them, inside the 4 encountered labs, labs, and more labs as they continued their trek towards the brood mother.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 22, 2013, 03:01:48 am
Anvala

Just a little into mid-morning, the Goldfish and crew arrive into the airspace of Anvala. After the seige with the Barons, much of the City was in despair as multiple buildings were destroyed and crumbled into rubble. But with resources coming in from both Dandy Lions and White Lotus Trading Companies, reconstruction lasted in a speedy six months as many of the citizens rallied to improve after the major battle.

Entering the visual range of the surrounding Flak batteries, a two plane formation comes towards them and form on either side of the ship. On its tail bears a panther symbol of the City's Winged Air Corp, founded by an inspiring pilot.

Knowing what todo, BdrLine moves back to the cabin and changes the radio frequency. Static can be heard until a crisp voice comes over.

Pilot
"I see you guys came back after all that holliballo in Cathedral. So got anything good that you brought back?"

BdrLine
"Yeah, but not for you or the other fly boys *chuckles*. Besides, we are just hear to reapply and head straight back, got a job that needs to be finished."

Pilot
"hmm, sounds like you lot wants some piece of those bastards that hit the Featival?"

BdrLine
"Yup, and it's really personal."

Pilot
"Alright. Well you guys know what's up. We will fly you guys in."

BdrLine
"Roger, we are preparing for landing as well."

The two planes then leads the Goldfish to the Western District of Anvala where from above, one of the ports looks like it has a giant black stain. Going a little south from Port Tar Barrel, the planes break off and continue to patrol the perimeter of the City with the reconstructed Anvalan Fleet. The ship then continues on and lands in the familiar docks know to the four.

As the crew shuts down the machinery and fasten down the ship, the pilot who brought them in changes his setting on the radio and calls in someone.

Pilot
"Hello? Hello, anyone there?"

Nothing was heard until shuffling comes from the radio and a Female voices come through.

Female
"Hello, yes? You guys got anything?"

Pilot
"Sheesh for an Elite, you worry too much for one guy."

Female
*threatening* "Don't make me go to the airfield when you land."

Behind the pilot, his rear gunner snickers at the comment made to his partner. Annoyed, he elbows him on the back of his head.

Pilot
"Alright, just don't wind me up like a pretzel. Just came to call in that's they are back..... Umm hey, Althea? You there?"

Again silence is all that they heard as the two don't realised that no one is inside the radio room of the Burning Skies Saloon, and the occupant had already left. Shrugging, the pilot changes back his frequency and forms back with his patrol.

Sprinting towards her boyfirends docks, Althea can see the outlines of his Goldfish from the docks entrance. Coming off the ship, she spots four figures walking towards a group of dock workers where they proceed to remove their luggage and items from the Festival, and begins loading ammunition. Going into a quick walk, Althea then comes up behind BdrLine.

Seeing her coming this way, Tommy, Charles, and Courage takes one step back from BdrLine, who is currently talking to them. Seeing them move away, he eyes the three.

BdrLine
"What's up? Looks like you guys saw deat...."

He didn't have time to finish his sentence as he is spun around by Althea. Surprised, and happy to see her, BdrLine was about to open his mouth to speak, but was met with a big slap to his face.

SLAP

Everyone in the surrounding area turn to see what caused that slap and spots the pair. Not wanting to be in the middle of the two lovebirds, people in proximity to the two starts to move away.

Seen walking off towards to the Saloon, Tommy and the other two speed walk off and can be heard.

Tommy
"Bdr, we'll see you at the Saloon. Looks like you need to reacquaint with someone. Bye."

All that is left now is a little fumed Elite and a stunned Yeshan engineer. Althea crosses her arms as she stares and waits for an answer from him. Finally moving a hand to the affected area, BdrLine removes it and switches between looking at his hand and her.

BdrLine
"Owww. Nice to see you again sweetie."

Althea
"Oh don't you 'sweetie' me. Why didn't you call."

BdrLine
"What do you mean? I told you the guys and I would be fine on this trip."

Althea
"Well did you guys foresee that attack that happened when you were there."

Coming to a realisation, BdrLine forms his mouth into an O shape as he finds out that she was worried about him. Looking closer through her tough demeanour, he spots that she was holding back some tears. Closing the distance, BdrLine then pulls her in a tight hug. Surprised by this, she was about to push him off, but he holds on to her tighter, until she gives and hugs him back. A few minutes in the embrace, Althea loosen the hug and looks up to him.

Althea
"Sorry I snapped at you, is just that after the news came about the attack. And that you didn't called back, I was worried that... you know"

BdrLine
"I know what you mean. But here is something to make up for it."

Letting go, BdrLine swings his satchel around and opens to pull out a rectangular box. Althea looks at it inquisitively as BdrLine opens the box and pulls out the necklace that he bought from the Festival. Surprised by this, she moves both her hand to cover her mouth at the simplistic beauty of it.

BdrLine
"Here, let me put it on."

Althea quickly turns around as BdrLine brings the necklace over her head and places it on her neck. Once he finish attaching it, she looks down and brings it up for her to see closely. Happy about the gift, Althea spins around and pulls him into a kiss. Breaking it, she wraps her arms around his neck.

Althea
"Thank you, come on, let's meet up with the others. John and Allen are bored out of their minds without the rest of the guys and are terrified of me. *smiles*"

Shaking his head with a smile, BdrLine takes her hand and they walk back to the Saloon.

Chang-ning

Sitting in her office, Captain Zhao, looks through the amount of paperwork given to her. Sighing, she signs off many documents and statements until her hand feels numb. Occasionally, she looks out of the window and yearns to go flying with her crew. She sighs again as she is stuck with office work.

Shifting through more paperwork, she come across the report for the takedown in Dragontown. She shakes her head as she reads about the number of men and materials needed.

Sometimes, I don't know what the upper brass are thinking. This is way too much just to crackdown one man. If I was running it, it would be me, my crew, and her sister ship. *sigh* I soo want to get out of this office.

She then lies her head on to her desk a little too hard as the material on top of it moves a little. One of the items that moved was her name placer, which she spots and picks it up.

Seriously, I thought they changed this. How many months married and they still have my Fathers last name on this things.

Her train of though was interrupted as the phone on her desck rings. Grumbling, she calms herself before picking it up. Instantly her mood changes on who was on the other line.

Ny-Lee
"Hi dear, didn't expect for you to call."

Roland
"Well I though I should say hello. What are you up to?"

Ny-Lee
*groans* "Im up to my waist in paperwork. You don't know how bad I want to get out with my crew, or even better yet, spend time with you. So how's the Saloon holding up?"

Roland
"Still trying to figureout how Yiski made his Hellfire. Which.. caused another incident, but it did turn out into a new drink."

Ny-Lee mentally laughs as, since her older brother's last visit, Roland has been experimenting with different ingredients trying to figureout his father's mixture to the iconic drink. In the end, it wouldn't turn out how it was suppose to be, but on the positive note, each failed attempt means another successful brew.

Ny-Lee
"Glad for you. Now remember again, carefully with that loch powder, we don't need to buy another still. Oh wait hold on."

Just then knock comes upon her door.

Ny-Lee
"Come in."

The door creak opens and a man pokes his head in.

Man
"Hey there Cap."

Rolling her eyes and a small smile appears on the corner of her mouth at the antics of the Petty Officer at the door.

Ny-Lee
"Yes, what is it Su?"

Petty Officer
"Well Ma'am, the technicians are here to upgrade the lighting for this building. And everyone is giving the rest if the day off for them work. They want everyone gone in thirty minutes."

Ny-Lee
"That's it?"

Petty Officer
"Yes Ma'am, I'm going around telling others."

Ny-Lee
"I'll be out in a few then."

Giving a nod, he leaves the door to tell the rest in the building and Ny-Lee goes back to her call.

Ny-Lee
"Sorry about that, but good news, I got the rest of the day off. Want to spend it together?"

Roland
"You know I would. Let me lock up."

Ny-Lee
"I'll pick you up them. Bye honey. Mwah."

Roland
"Mwah."

Ny-Lee then place the reiceiver back onto the casing and retrieves her belongings. Stuffing the last of her things in a suitcase, she leaves her office and locks it behind her. Going down a flight of stairs and passing the technicians, she moves to the parking lot to her vehicle. Part of being in the Military, having rich parents, and being in a economic boom fraction, the majority of the urban population can afford automobiles, but having special privileges and her connections, Ny-Lee has one of the better models. Placing her suitcase in the back and the keys in the ignition, she starts the auto and drives out of the base and towards the massive market place of the Capitol where her husbands saloon, The Crimson Skies Saloon, is located. At the front, she sees him and stops in front. After getting in, they shared a quick kiss and drive off as they chat to figureout their remaining day.

Unaware to them, what seems like a normal galleon arrives into the city and lands in one of the docks. The Birdman, out from his normal attire for normal clothes, is greeted with the party who arrived days earlier with the Zhao merchandise? After leading him to a warehouse, it's doors open and three trucks, two holding the merchandise the third with mercenaries, leave the docks onto the street heading towards the richer part of the city.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 22, 2013, 06:11:45 am
--Dragontown, Charred Drake tavern--

The Charred Drake tavern was undoubtably one of the most popular watering holes, serving it's own speciality beverage, "Ember's venom", which no one knew exactly what it contained. And legend has it the tavern owner, known as Cuelebre, came up with it by randomly putting ingredients together and boiling it. Either way, the drink is a success, known for leaving it's consumers with little memory of it the following morning.

Gareth and Lyre entered the Charred Drake while the eagles stayed outside. It was only midday so the bar was not in full merriment. They strode up to the bar and Gareth leant over to Cuelebre, who spoke in a gruff, yet strangely merry voice and was dressed in a dark grey coat, embedded with a few colourful metal buttons.

Cuelebre
"What'll you be having then? Ember's venom?"

Gareth
"Actually, we're not looking for drinks."

Cuelebre
"Oh really, then what are you looking for?"

Gareth leant in even closer and discretely slipped Zardis' wanted poster into Cuelebre's hand, who then looked at it, before glancing into the corner of the room to see a few off-duty Yeshans relaxing. He beckoned at Gareth and Lyre to follow him and called over an employee to mind the bar. Cuelebre took them into a back room and locked the door, before taking a seat along with the two.

Cuelebre
"So you want the Dacrain wolf, why?"

Lyre
"To capture him."

Cuelebre
"Why?"

Lyre just looked confused, before Cuelebre spoke again.

"...Because, the Yeshans must have a good reason, mustn't they."

Gareth
"I don't care much for reasons. All I know is, this guy's got quite a bounty."

Cuelebre
"That's quite interesting. Last time I checked, so do you two. In fact."

He got up and walked over to a wall that was covered in layers upon layers of wanted posters, clearly not having had a clearing in quite some time. He removed a few posters to reveal one behind with a picture of Gareth and Lyre on it. Gareth suddenly became very uncomfortable and cautious. He rested his hand over his pistol, which Cuelebre noticed.

Cuelebre
"See, I'm not going to turn you in. I've got no reason to, and I don't trust Yeshans."

Lyre
"You're connected to Zardis, aren't you."

Cuelebre
"Maybe I am."

Lyre
"Why, why are you on his side?"

Cuelebre took out Zardis' poster and unfolded it, reading allowed.

Cuelebre
"Wanted for charges of murder theft and treason. Now, based on my contacts, I know full well that this murder refers to a handful of guards, hardly treasonous. So how can theft be seen as treasonous? Maybe Zardis knew something they didn't want him to, maybe he took something they'd really rather he didn't, maybe say... a letter full corrosive secrets. Now that could very well be twisted into treason."

Gareth
"A contract's a contract."

Cuelebre
"Come on, you seem like smart people. Do you really think this is the right thing to do? Just think for a moment. Think of what the contents of that letter could be. Think of what could happen should Zardis be caught. Trust me, I'm not lying when I say lives hang in the balance."

Gareth got up and walked towards the window, looking out of it across the road at three Yeshan soldiers smoking, while, overhead, a Yeshan ship came over the building.

Gareth
"Where is he?"

Cueble smiled and tore up the poster.

Cueble
"The docks, warehouse 2G. But if you want to find him, you need to move quickly. I've heard rumours of the Yeshans preparing an assault."

--Warehouse 2G--

A small, weaselly man walked through the main room from the back room, towards the door. He looked to his right to see Zardis sitting on a chair poring over a letter with a magnifying glass. From where the weaselly man was he could still see the Yeshan crest stamped on the bottom of the letter. He continued walking through a few piles of junk and weapons and engines until he reached the door. After he exited the warehouse he removed his black, wolf-engraved coat to reveal plain clothes, on which, on the chest, bore the crest of a crane.

After walking through town a bit he arrived on a main road to meet a Yeshan soldier, who looked at him expectantly.

Weaselly man
"Warehouse 2G."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 22, 2013, 01:46:15 pm
--Wild Winds Inn, Cathedral--

The bar had been reasonably quiet.
The regulars had come and gone, sealing trading deals or privateer contracts, or in a few cases jobs of considerably less legality.
Plasma spends most of his time with Spike, Jet, and Faye, playing cards and losing money while dogging the daggers periodically springing from Emily's eyes. He never stakes enough to make a fool of himself, but manages to lose enough to remind him how terrible at games of chance he really is. They discuss the past and future. Incidents in Anvala, and the fate of the Bebop.

LLoyd stands behind the trading counter, handling most of the contracts, occasionally calling Plasma back from his drink to handle a particular contract or customer. Eventually he finds himself at the bar, exchanging tales with a rather scruffy man. Several empty mugs sit in front of them, and they are both pulling heartily from half-full pints in hand.

Plasma
"And so...so we're running right? Down the corridor. And I suddenly remember, I remember: 'Where's the captain?'. And they stop, and look at me. And I'm just standing there, repeating myself, right? 'Where's the captain', I said. And so we turn around, we turn around, right? And she's standing right behind us! All covered in blood, calmly holding a spanner, and she just looks at us, and she, she says, 'Back to your posts, Gentlemen.' Just like that! Calm as you please!"

He takes a deep breath, recovering himself.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 23, 2013, 03:21:33 pm
--Dragontown, warehouse 2G--

Gareth
"This should be it."

He and Lyre stood on the relatively abandoned dock, looking at the warehouse, which itself looked deceptively lifeless.

Lyre
"How do you suppose we enter? I doubt Zardis will trust us immediately."

Gareth
"Maybe we could just- oh no..."

Just then the two saw Michael and Lionel running up to the door of the warehouse with guns drawn, taking position on either side of the door, apparently oblivious to Gareth and Lyre.

Michael
"On the count of three. One... Two... Th-"

He was whacked on the back of the head by Garuda, while Roc flapped in Lionel's face.

Gareth
"WAIT!"

Michael was about to shoot wildly behind him had it not been for Gareth holding down his gun, while Lyre stepped in front of Lionel.

Michael
"Gareth? What was that for?"

He put away his gun and rubbed the back of his head, clearly in pain.

Lionel
"We were just about to bust Zardis."

Gareth
"How'd you know he was here."

Michael
"We may have paid off a certain crime lord for the information."

Gareth
"With what money?"

Michael
"Err, some of the money we'd get from the bounty."

Gareth planted his palm firmly on his face and keeled over, leaning against the wall.

Lionel
"Not that much, and the bounty does pay us a boatload."

Gareth
"That's the point."

His voice was muffled by his hand. Lyre patted him on the back reassuringly as Michael's expression became one of confusion.

Lyre
"We're not going to take Zardis."

Michael
"Why?"

Lyre
"Because, possibly, it could be by far more profitable to not."

This did not appease Michael's confusion yet.

Lyre
"We'll explain the details later. All you need to know is that there's a huge other side of the story than what Yesha is saying."

Lionel
"So what? We're just gonna enter all friendly?"

Gareth had recovered from his anxiousness and grabbed the door handle.

Gareth
"That's the idea. After me."

Lionel put away his gun as Gareth turned the handle and opened the door, to be greeted by Zardis Dacrain pointing a shotgun at his head, backed up by two more henchmen, armed with pistols. Gareth immediately put his hands in the air and nudged for the others to do the same, while the eagles hid behind their legs.

Zardis
"Who are you, and what do you want?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 24, 2013, 02:18:26 am
Anvala

Entering the Burning Skies, Althea and BdrLine sees that the three were inside at the bar along with Allen and John. The group of five are talking with one another about their different experiences during the Festivals of the two cities.

Allen
"Tommy, you should have seen how crowded the docks were this time. John and I barely had any space to move or work with the amount of people."

John
"Thats just the docks, imagine the rest of the city. Whoo"

Joining the group, Althea and BdrLine grabs two seats next to the others.

Althea
"You two think got it bad, remember who had to run this place during this time."

BdrLine
"Alright, you guys were very busy. Sorry about leaving you guys, but look at the ordeal we went through."

BdrLine then points to himself and to Tommy, Courage, and Charles. The three nods in agreement that they had it a bit worst since the lot of them were near the attack site.

John
"Yeah I heard what happen. Didn't think that the Rocket Race can be more chaotic."

Courage
"You don't know the half of it. I was in the race and wreckage starts to fall all around me. One almost hit the craft that I was racing in."

Allen
"Well I also heard that they shot down the guy who was behind it. So did those people in Cathedral execute them?"

The four who arrived look at one another before BdrLine spoke.

BdrLine
"They got away, and because of that we are going after them. Reason we are back here is to resupply and retrieve our equipment."

Althea
"Wait so you are just going after those people. Are you crazy?" *Points up a finger as BdrLine is about to speak* "Don't answer that. But why?"

BdrLine
"If we don't, then the world as we know it might be in jeopardy."

Allen
"Why do you guys sound like the world as we know it is really at stake, weren't the attack group a bunch of pirates?"

Charles
"The group who attack the race weren't pirates."

Courage
"Bdr says that they are an old group or something and that dealing with they is very serious."

BdrLine
"Plus I already dealt with them before, don't know if they gotten stronger or weaker, but we have to go after them."

Taking it all in Althea sits with a finger tapping her cheek in thought. She stands up and moves behind the counter to the wall where she removes BdrLine's custom rifle and toss it to him. Moving to the back, she calls out

Althea
"Well if you are going, then you better bring me as well. No ifs, ands, or buts."

She returns and holstered to her waist are her dual pistols that she wields.

Tommy
"Well if you are going, then I'm staying. Sorry Bdr, I would love to help, but..."

BdrLine
"Don't worry, I understand. So since I can't persuade Althea to rethink. Charles, Courage, you two still in?"

Charles
"As always."

Courage
"Count on it."

BdrLine
"Ok we are set. Tommy, you four know what to do, run my docks and the saloon, and try not to blow anything up."

Tommy
"Bdr you know you can trust us, we'll be fine."

BdrLine
Alright. Ok let's get back to the ship. If you need anything, my warehouse is always open."

Waving Tommy and the others off, BdrLine and his crew sets off to the docks. Arriving there, BdrLine notices that his Goldfish is almost ready as workers double checks the weapons and componets to bringing down the different ammo for the three guns. Having some spare time, he moves to his warehouse and opens the door. During the reconstruction, his warehouse was quickly rebuilt, but now it functions again as a storage and testing building instead of the funhouse it was before the battle. Moving to his work tables, he moves around a few papers and parts in order to find something. Straightening back up and scratching his head, BdrLine moves to a pile of boxes next to the table and opens one.

BdrLine
"Ah ha, there you guys are."

Getting back up, BdrLine pulls up his sleeves and adjust two arm guards unto his forearm. Satisfied with the fitting, he clenches both arms and blades extend from the two arm guards. Happy that his device still works, BdrLine rolls down his sleeves and leaves for his ship again. Already on board, Charles and Courage are securing the fours rifles in the cabin for easy access if needed. Standing at the helm, Althea looks on out in the distance readying herself for the adventure. Looking at her, BdrLine smiles as he boards the ship and helps untie the lines with the other workers. He moved to the helm and behind Althea as he puts her inbetween him and thw wheel. Resting his head on her shoulder, he manoeuvre the Goldfish out and into Anvalan airspace heading south back to Cathedral.

Chang-ning

The three trucks arrive to the street labeled on the shipping form. Driving down the road passing by many mansions, the Birdman in the first truck talks to the other drivers on the dashboard radio.

Birdman
"Here is the plan, the trucks with our friends goodies will enter the courtyard. The third truck with the mercenaries hold back a block until we give the signal. Don't want them suspicious do we now. Once we are in and have the Zhaos, the third truck will come in to cover us. Got it?"

Truck 2 Driver
"Yes Boss."

Truck 3 Driver
"I hear ya."

Tapping the Birdman, the first truck driver points out in from of him.

Truck 1 Driver
"Sir almost at the address."

Birdman
"Ok third truck hold back now."

Pulling to the side, the truck full of mercenaries sits idle as the first two arrives to the front gate. Going up to the first truck, one of the mansions security goes to the driver side.

Security
"State your business."

Truck 1 Driver
"We have a delivery for Mr. & Mrs. Zhao. Items bought for them from Cathedral."

Looking at the clipboard he has on him, he sees that in fact that the family was expecting a big delivery. Signalling to some other guards, two goes over to the back of each truck and lift the tarp and confirms that they do have the items. Tipping his hat, the security guard opens the gate for them.

Inside the first truck, the Birdman smirks as how smoothly everything was going and soon they are at the front steps of the mansion. Standing at the doorway and coming down the steps, Liu Zhao claps happily that the things her son have sent haved finally arrived. Getting out of the trucks and towards the rear to start removing the items, Liu is right by the disguised Birdman as he oversees the removal.

Liu
"Oh thank you for delivering this. I've been waiting for this for a few days now. I could have sent some of my trading ships to pick ip up, but I still have no contract with Cathedral as of now."

Birdman
"It was a pleasure Ma'am. Shipping is what we do. May I ask? Where is the man of the house? I'm certain he would like to see the good s as well."

Liu
"Why yes, he should indulge on what our son has bought for us. Oh where are my manners, come in and have a small drink. I made some tea, and I bet you and your men might be parched."

Liu walks towards the house as she says the offer to him. With an evil smile, the Birdman follows behind.

Birdman
"Why thank you, a little drink would suffice."

Entering the building, he notices how simple, yet elegant the interior was and felt disgust on the inside. Hiding it, the Birdman turns to see Liu returning with a tray followed by her husband, Shen. Going up to the Birdman, Shen extends a hand to him.

Shen
"Thank you for making this delivery, it must be a hassle."

The Birdman extends his own and shakes hands.

Birdman
"Was fairly easy if I were to say. Clear skies and no attack during out trip. Would you care to see the items?"

Letting go, Shen fixes his glasses, and with a hand, gestures to the Birdman that he would love to see them. Nodding, the Birdman leads the pair out in front where half of the items were unloaded. Setting the tray down on one of the crates, both Zhaos walk as they inspect the inside of crates already open. Unaware to them, the Birdman then looks to his men and nods his head. Understanding, two men goes back to one of the trucks and grabs a bottle and two cloths. Dipping the cloths, they go up behind the couple and places them over their mouths. Startled, the two try to fight from their assailants grips but soon passout. Going to the limp bodies, the Birdman looks at the pair and smirks.

Birdman
"Good, now ties them up and load them in the trucks. And get that junk out of them as well."

Rushing to get the order done, the men who knocked out the couple moves the, to the first truck where they ties off the wrist and legs. Unknown to the, the ypu get son, Huan, moves to the front door to see what arrives.

Huan
"Mom , Dad, so where the stuff Azn boug..... Um.... Hi?"

The group out from sees him as Huan waves a small hand at them before quickly slipping back inside and closing the door. Inside, Huan then goes to a panel on the wall and presses a button. Sirens then blaze around the estate, as the mansions security converge to the front. Outside, the kidnappers look at one another until the Birdman barks at them.

Birdman
"Hurry up you dogs, the security will be here any moment. Ditch the stuff and get in the trucks."

Going back to the first truck, the Birdman reaches for the radio and calls the one waiting outside.

Birdman
"Get your asses here now, we are caught."

Turning on the engine, the third truck then drives towards the mansion. Approaching the gate, the guards sees a oncoming truck heading straight at them. Getting into a firing position, they try to shoot at the truck until they jumped out of the way or get squashed in the process. Breaking through, the third truck sees guards going to the courtyard. Stopping, the mercenaries get out of the back and start to fire on the incoming security. Pinned down, most of the guards move to cover to avoid being hit and blind fire at the kidnappers.

With the couple secured in the back, the Birdman and his men quickly start their trucks and race out of the drive way with the third truck in tow. Coming out from their cover, the guards then run to their vehicles to chase them down. As the security moves to the front gate, a small object falls from the third truck and explodes hitting the first security vehicle, blocking the path.

Looking behind, the Birdman gives out a mechanical laugh as that his plan worked to a degree and now two of the most prominent figures in the Empire are under his control. Driving away from the district, the three truck moves back to the docks where the Birdman boards his Galleon, and heads back to his hideout with his prize.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 25, 2013, 10:51:53 am
--Venucian Might, Wild Winds Private Hangar, Northern Docks--

Plasma sits brooding in a nest of wires, metal plating, gears, and fuel lines. He stares critically at the dual propeller of the engine before violently taking a wrench to the bolts holding it in place. Eventually it comes loose, falling into the piles of mechanical detritus. The clockwork spider clicks balefully from it's perch on his shoulder. Plasma looks at it for a moment, then scoops it up and places it on the empty shell of the engine. It skitters off along the frame and out of Plasma sight.

After a few hours of tinkering with the engine components the system is largely reassembled, now sporting several extra input tubes and pressure gauges. Plasma is thoroughly covered in oil and grease. He fails to notice, as he absently attempts to wipe the stuff from his hands, that the rag he is holding is filthier than he and simply applying more of the stuff to his skin. Something leaps from the guts of the engine onto his arm and he starts, nearly knocking over an open can of lubricant. The clockwork spider chirps from his sleeve.

The door to the hangar opens suddenly and he wheels around, blinded by the sudden glare of the sun from behind the door. His vision resolves a tall man wrapped in sand-toned cloth. The wrappings obscure most of his face, in fact, only the eyes are visible. He stands motionless against the agonizing backdrop for a moment, then steps forward over the threshold. He continues to hold open the door.

Plasma
"You again. What do you and your 'dust' want now?"

Man of Dust
"You are running out of time. You no longer have the luxury of waiting. The time to strike is now, and only now. Hesitate and your quarry will be forever lost to you. I bring this message with friendship."

The man sweeps back through the door, and is gone by the time Plasma sprinting full out reaches the door frame. He bites his lip, thinking hard. Then returns to the engine, replacing the last few parts and checking all the bolts. He finds a clean rag and wipes much of the grease from himself. Then he grabs a funny little radio, and flicks the dial to a specific frequency.

Plasma to Radio
"Newt, send my crew down to the docks would you? I need them ready to go in an hour. If BdrLine returns by then, tell him to meet us outside the city if he can, and at that place if he can't. Looks like the deadline for this job just got pushed up."

--Some time later--

Newt sent over the group from the Bebop, Spike, Jet, and to Plasma's surprise Faye. He glances at Spike, opening his mouth but stops. He closes it, leering slightly at Spike. Then he catches sight of Emily and the leer immediately transforms into knowing sympathy.

Plasma
"Alright crew, sorry for the sudden bump in departure time. Check your weapons, make sure you've got all your gear and we're off. I'm hoping BdrLine will meet us outside the city, but if not, well, I just hope he catches us eventually."

He leaps aboard the ship and takes the helm, performing a final check of fuel level and mechanical links.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 25, 2013, 12:17:24 pm
--Dragontown, warehouse 2G--

Zardis
"Who are you, and what do you want?"

Gareth
"I'm Gareth, and this is Lyre, Michael and Lionel. We want to help you."

Zardis
"How do you know who I am?"

Lyre
"There's a bounty on your head-"

Zardis cocked his shotgun.

"-But we're not going to take it!"

Zardis
"Why not?"

Gareth
"Because you have dirt on the Yeshan authority, and I'll fight tooth and claw to keep that kind of leverage safe, even if I'm not necessarily the one who has it."

Zardis said nothing but stared at the group individually, appearing to size each one of them up. A good ten seconds went by before he and his henchmen lowered their guns.

Zardis
"Come in."

He took them to the end of the warehouse, passed various chest-high brick walls.

Lionel
"Why the walls?"

Zardis
"It's cover in case of a firefight."

Michael
"Is that likely to happen?"

Zardis
"I've remained hidden here thus far, but you can never be too cautious."

Gareth
"So this is the fabled letter."

They had arrived at the end of the room where, on a table, lay the letter, along with various papers and a magnifying glass.

Zardis
"Yes. I stole it from the Tiger's office directly. Had to call in about a dozen favours and bribe or kill twice as many guards. But I got it."

There was a knock at the door, and Zardis turned to two of his henchmen.

Zardis
"Go get that, would you."

The two henchmen nodded and walked off toward the front end of the warehouse.

Lyre
"So, what's in the letter that can be so important?"

Zardis
"Well, that's actually what I'm trying to figure out..."

Gareth
"What?"

Zardis
"I don't actually know what it says. It's written in some sort of code. Top secret stuff, no doubt it would be."

Gareth
"Then how do you know it's actually anything incriminating at all?"

Lyre
"I think the fact that they have such a large bounty on him proves that, don't you think."

Zardis
"Either way, I stole this with reason, and I'm certain it's got deep, grimy, secrets in it. I just need to uncover them. Then, who knows what kind of power I'll have."

The henchmen had arrived at the door. One of them reached for the handle and opened the door, leading to a massive explosion.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on July 28, 2013, 04:57:05 am
Starlight

Just like the trip out of Cathedral, the trip come back was the same, uneventful and boring. Even flying at maximum speed, the journey back still took hours. Staying on the top deck in the cabin and near the helm, the four crewmen takes shifts piloting while the other three lounge around.

Trying to past them time, BdrLine goes over to the rifle rack on the cabin's wall and remove his weapon. Going over to a corner, he sits and starts to disassemble his rifle for cleaning. Few minutes pass as he removes the many metal parts and places them in front of him on a rag. Once fully apart, he goes through the process of cleaning and oiling. Sitting besides him, Althea watches tentatively, wanting to know more about the inner working so the custom rifle. Across from them on the other wall, Charles lies on a makeshift pillow of his bag taking a nap and hugging most of the wall. With the three in the cabin, Courage stands at the helm making minute adjustments to their course.

Later in the evening, BdrLine is now at the helm and over the horizon, spots the glowing lights of the central city.

BdrLine
"Heads up, we are almost here."

Peaking their heads out of the door to see how much distance they have left, the rest of the crew joins him and crowd around the helm. Taking a spyglass from BdrLine's belt, Althea extends it and looks at the metropolis.

Althea
"So this is Cathedral, this is much bigger than Anvala."

Courage
"You're Right about that. Place is enormous."

BdrLine
"We can sight see some other time, right now we need to find Plasma. Maybe he is in the air waiting for us."

Althea
"Alright ill look around."

As Althea scans the surrounding area for any signs of a waiting ship. The radio insides start to beep as it receives a signal. Turning around, BdrLine looks at the door and at Charles who understands and moves to the helm while BdrLine gets the radio. Inside, he grabs the headset and places it over his head. Looking at the dial, he notices that it's his family's personal frequency and dials in.

BdrLine
"Hey guys what's up?"

Chang-ning, Earlier

After the escape of the Birdman and his crew with the Zhao couple, emergency vehicles arrive at the residence. Putting out the fire of the smouldering security vehicle, men pushes the wreck to the side and try to make sense of what happen. Inside the mansion, officers question part of the security team and Huan about the recent events.

Huan
"Ok my mother has called up to me saying something about a delivery that my older brother has sent. At the time I was doing my studies and thought I needed a break. Heading down the stairs and out the front door, I was asking her about what he bought and came upon two men putting clothes over their mouths."

Officer
"How many people total did you see?"

Huan
"Maybe around 5-6. They all turned when I came out and just stared at each other before I ran in and sounded our alarm."

Officer
"Is this all?"

Huan
"Yes officer. Sir, what will become of my parents?"

Writing down the statement on a pad, the Officer looks up at him after the question.

Officer
"Well son you, your parents, heck even your whole family are know around the Empire. With that in mind, I suspect that the kidnapper will demand for a ransom of sorts and need them alive. But don't worry, we'll track and find them, and once we do, Gods have mercy on them. As for now, I will place some of my men and integrated them with your security."

Out in the front door, a mans voice goes over the officer.

Man
"That won't be necessary."

Huan and the Officer turns and sees Ny-Lee and Roland with confusion upon their face, next to them is another man in an Emperor Elite uniform. The Elite then goes to the Officer.

Emperor Elite
"I am 2nd Lieutenant Chong of His Majesty's Guard. When he heard of the kidnapping, I, along with my team, were sent to protect the remaining immediate family."

Officer
"Very well then. My men and I will be on our way then to investigate this. Lieutenant, Masters Zhaos."

With a whistles, the Officer motives to the rest inside to start heading out. Finishing up with the rest of the statements and documenting evidence, the police team then leaves the property.

Going over to Huan, Ny-Lee and Roland starts to bombard him with questions. While they go and converse with each other, Chong and nine more Elites move inside the building.

Chong
"If I may interrupt, my men and I will speak with your security team here."

Ny-Lee
"Alright, but can you talk with them in another room."

Chong
"As you wish Ma'am."

With the group gone, Ny-Lee turns back to her little brother who just finished answering her husband.

Ny-Lee
"Well at least you're safe. I can't believe this happened to mom and dad. What did they do to deserve this? I know there are some politicians and military leaders who hates father's polices of peaceful expansion and would disobey them and do their own way. And mother have her competitors trying to out do her and her humanitarian acts. But why, they all know it's foolish and would get them killed if caught and found guilty. Uggggh I soo want to get my hands on the ones who did this."

As the two men watches her, they notice that with each passing word Ny-Lee gets angier until she grabs hold of a vase and was about to throw it down. Quickly moving to her, Roland catches the vase before it hits the floor and places it back. Wrapping his arms around Ny-Lee, he tries to calm her down.

Roland then turns to Huan
"Huan, I think you should call BdrLine, I think he would know this as well."

Huan
"If you say so."

Huan moves away from the couple and into the mansion's radio room and puts in his older brothers frequency. After waiting, he hears his voice.

BdrLine
"Het guys what's up?"

Huan
"Umm Azn, you're not gonna like this."

Huan then explains the situation to him over the radio. After he finished, Huan waits for an answer but silence was all he heard.

Huan
"Azn, you there still?"

BdrLine
"Sorry, but damn them."

Huan
"What? Damn who? Wait, you might know who is behind this?"

BdrLine
"I definitely know who is behind this. Huan go to Ny and Roland and just say that we have a bird problem again, they'll understand."

With a look of confusion, Huan agrees and cuts he and his brother off and returns to his sister and brother-in-law.

Huan
"I just told Azn, and he says he might know who kidnapped mom and dad. All he said was that 'we have a bird problem again' you guys know what that means?"

Roland
"Bird problem? Again? What does he mea..."

Roland then receives a nudge from his wife and turns to see the look on her face. Reading her eyes, it takes a moment for the words to sink in and realisation hits.

Roland
"Oh Flak."

En Route to Hideout

Changed back into his normal attire, the Birdman smiles to himself at a job well done. Not only has he retrieved the engines he needed, he has now leverage over the Empire.

Everything is falling into place, soon the Birdmen will make a comeback. All we need now are the engineers finishing building and hold a meeting with the other members. Soon, soon.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 28, 2013, 06:38:35 am
--Warehouse, South Docks--

He didn't have much to do, with his crew out and about and still not back like they promised, Inn regulars having some major op they have going, and with the Festival over, he had no idea how to spend the next day or so.

Alex
"I should probably take a look at the craft, might see what damage was done during the race."

He was taking stock for what they had stored, several chainguns, a few mortars, and a few relatively new howitzers, the Hwacha still sat in the corner, having not received a price for the damn thing it just sat there. His work station sat at the other side of the room, a varitable see of tools and dismantled machinery, mostly guns. He walked over and opened the door near it, the craft he, along with Richard and Reagan, flew during the rocket race sat on the other side. A fine mess that was, it was a simple blunt thought on his part but true nonetheless.

Alex
"Let us see what the damage is."

He took a tool box from his work station and began looking over the various components, a few slashed wires here and there, the fuel tank had a horrible gash along its under side, a few holes in the armor here and there, and the blood stains from when he got hit by that carrionade. Here and there were some other minor damages, scrapes, burns, more blood stains (His obviously),  all in all nothing that couldn't be repaired, of course he would need materials to do so, then again he owned a salvage warehouse, of course he had the materials, now all he had to do was find them in the various crates, boxes, piles, shelves, ruined equipment and other large amounts of places they could be.

Alex
"Yet again, my work is cut out for me."

The door behind him opened.

Reagan
"I thought I might find you here."

She leaned against the door frame, he looked up from his work to see her, in a guards captain uniform, and flanked by 2 city guardsmen.

Alex
"Ok, I'll bite, what the hell did you do, or rather, what the hell did I do?"

Reagan
"Nothing really, these two just follow me around, making sure I don't get into trouble, again."

Alex
"You made a lot of trouble for us in the past, and by that I mean the time me and Richard had to flee Firnfield."

Reagan
"That wasn't my fault, was it?"

Alex
"Only partially, well it wasn't that serious, all we really did was hide out in a cave fortress I found, that was what? 8 years ago now? You two were still married, now begs the question, what happened to the shy dock worker that used to work with you?"

Guardsmen 1
"Excuse me sir, is there a point to this visit?"

Reagan
"Ruin the fun will you? To answer your question she got promoted a few years back, she still sends me letters."

Alex
"Of course she would, she was always a bit dependent on you, even when you were a new recruit into the militia, hard times that was."

Reagan
"I swear back then a few guys I served with thought she had fallen for me."

Alex
"She was, or rather still is married, she is married still right?"

Guardsmen 2
"Sir, we places that we need to be."

Reagan
"Hold on, we are still reminiscing."

Alex
"Why don't you two make yourselves useful and bring that Hwacha over here."

The two of them looked at each other before shrugging it off and heading over to attempt to bring it to them. They watched with amusement as they continued.

Alex
"Anyways, where were we?"

Reagan
"You were asking about her marriage, she has 2 children now, pity they still live in Firnfield, a harsh place to raise children.

Alex
"That it is, glad Lorena was already 12 when we arrived."

Reagan
"I must know how you managed to keep her a secret from all of us for so long."

Alex
"By not really thinking about it, of course I care about her, but I can't spend every waking moment worrying, by then she had already grown, doesn't mean I wasn't there for her when she needed it."

Reagan
"Anyways I came with a message for you."

Alex
"Oh? Who from?"

Reagan
"Not sure who exactly-"

A crash echoed about the room, looking over, the Hwacha was on its side and both officers were wondering what the hell to do about it.

Reagan
"Anyways, here it is, tell me what you find, I'm curious as well."

Alex
"Why did they send you though?"

Reagan
"Because they want me to actually do something, I may be a captain but I have no real duties aside from paper work."

The two guardsmen managed to haul the thing next to the door, they saluted before taking their places behind her.

Guardsmen 2
"A pity really, she's a crack shot, compared to the rest of us that is."

Guardsmen 1
"I take that as an offense, saying the rest of us are bad shots."

Guardsmen 2
"You have to admit though, a decent amount of the guard are horrible shots, can't even hit the broadside of a galleon."

Guardsmen 1
"To be fair, Ships move in many directions. Besides most of those people are relegated to other duties, like policing the rough housers and what not."

Guardsmen 2
"Yeah but think about it this way-"

Reagan
"Are you two quite done yet?"

The two of them shot each other a look before falling silent.

Reagan
"Anyways, there was another thing."

She pulled out a Sword, well his sword to be frank.

Reagan
"A few members of the guard confiscated this, seeing as they had no idea what to do with it they just left it in the armory."

He took the sword from her hands and took a look over it, it was fine as it would seem.

Alex
"Appreciated, anyways, I'll forward anything I learn from the letter."

Reagan
"Where is the rest of the crew anyways?"

Alex
"Richard didn't tell you? They went out to do some salvaging yesterday and haven't come back, I wonder what's keeping them."

Reagan
"I'll post a memo for the city watch to keep an eye out for them."

She and her followers began to walk out of the warehouse when something hit her.

Reagan
"Wait, what do you mean it was only partially my fault you had to flee the region?"

He gave a small laugh.

Alex
"You really don't remember do you?"

Reagan
"Of course I don't, I would remember making 2 of my superiors flee the area."

Alex
"Lets just say  you had horrible paperwork skills."

Reagan
"W-w-what?!"

He just laughed as he waved at them as he exited the warehouse, which immediately led to him walking back in.

Alex
"Why the hell was I leaving!? This my warehouse."

--Tattered Facility--

They stopped in a relatively cleared room. They hadn't eaten since the flight over, and after countless hours fighting off these dog like creatures, they deserved a break. They broke out packs of food and passed them around.

Richard
"We must be getting close, there are more of those damn things around every corner."

He took a bite of his dried meat sandwich. Preston was heating up some soup, it was cold down in the labs. Travis was watching the hallway and Dalhia was cracking open some nuts she brought with her.

Travis
"Exactly, how the hell do we get back, we could get trapped down here, or worse, eaten alive by these damn things."

Preston
"Not exactly a pretty site to behold is it?"

Travis
"Damn right it isn't!"

He made a show of thumping the hand held chaingun on the floor, Preston just went back to heating up the soup.

Dalhia
"How is the soup, stew, whatever the hell it is going?"

Preston
"A few moments, I almost have it at the consistency I want it."

Richard
"Anyways, how big do you think this brood mother is?"

Dalhia
"I have no idea, who's ever seen one of these things before anyways?!"

Preston
"Well obviously the people who worked and or lived here once upon a time."

Dalhia
"I mean in recent memory."

Preston
"Exactly, we have no idea when they fled this place."

Richard
"The stew Preston."

Preston looked at him for a moment before testing the stew.

Preston
"All good, grab a bowl I'm serving."

--Tattered Air Dock--

The three of them weren't hungry, yet they wished Preston was around, seeing as the guy could make something delicious from just about anything.

Lorena
"See anything yet?"

Reynold
"Nothing, not even a-

He yawned, still obviously tired.

Reynold
"Not even a bird."

Phillip
"Look, I'd rather have something come along then nothing at all."

Lorena
"Here here, hey do you hear that?"

The all remained silent for a moment. They heard rumbling engines in the distance, though they seemed to be growing fainter and fainter, either they were flying away, or they were slowly powering down their engines.

Phillip
"Permission to be worried?"

Reynold
"Granted."

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on July 28, 2013, 07:57:21 am
--Dragontown, warehouse 2G--

The explosion rang in everyone's ears as the entire wall on which the door was placed came crumbling down. The force of the explosion instantly killed the two henchmen at the door and the rest of them were shot down by the influx of Yeshan troops flooding into the warehouse.

Gareth
"GET DOWN!"

The remaining living people, including only Zardis and Gareth's group, took cover instantly behind their respective cover. Only Zardis did not dive for cover immediately, instead he dashed over to his desk and grabbed the letter, along with a few note-filled papers, before stuffing them into his pockets and diving for cover by Gareth, barely avoiding several fatal shots.

Gareth
"Are you insane?"

Zardis
"Trust me, this is worth more than I am."

Gareth
"If you say so. Personally, I'd rather we kept both."

Gareth peered over cover and fired a shot into an approaching soldier. In all the smoke that still filled the entrance, the eagles both slipped out undetected and flew off. Gareth tried to look out again but was suppressed.

Gareth
"Hey, Lionel! Give us an opening!"

Lionel pulled out a grenade and lobbed it over his head. It exploded and took out a group that was advancing, but it wasn't enough, as more were coming in every moment.

Lyre
"How many men do you think they have?!"

Zardis
"I think the technical term is a 'shitload'. But I got something."

He pulled out a small remote control as Gareth fired another shot.

Zardis
"This is hooked up to my ship, way off o the other end of the docks. Watch this!"

He pushed the button and nothing happened. Gareth looked at him, puzzled. He looked over a Lyre, who only looked back at him and shrugged.

Gareth
"Err, was something meant to ha-"

Just then a whistling noise could be heard getting closer. Then, a lumberjack shell came careening through the air and exploded on the ground of the newly opened warehouse. Luckily, none of Gareth's group were out of cover and so were not hit by the explosion of flechettes that shredded almost all the attackers.

Zardis
"GO!"

They took this opportunity and all leapt over cover and advanced up to the entrance of the warehouse, firing shots all the while. Gareth, Lyre and Zardis took cover on one side of the wide hole in the wall, while Michael and Lionel took cover on the other side.

Zardis
"See, I always take precautions."

Gareth
"Any more up your sleeve?"

Zardis
"Ahh, no. The ship's unmanned, my crew is now all dead and the Lumberjack was set to hit that exact point. If I fired it again it would hit us."

Lyre
"That's great, because I'm out of ideas."

Gareth peaked around the wall and saw yet more Yeshan soldiers behind barricades, while a commander stood on the deck of a ship in the dock with a megaphone.

Commander
"You are surrounded! We have men planting demolition charges on the other side of the warehouse as we speak! Give us Zardis and you will not be prosecuted for your crimes! If you do not, then you will be killed!"

While he was saying this a group of soldiers had started setting up what appeared to be a machine gun turret.

Lyre
"Who let the Yeshans do all this? Where's the city authority?"

Zardis
"The city has no authority. Dragontown is already dangerously close to the Empire's territories. An incident like refusing to turn a blind eye would only lead to an attack."

Gareth
"What do we do?"

Lyre
"Whatever we do, we'd better do it fast cause if they come in from the rear and they get that gun up and running..."

--Griffinheart, a bit earlier--

Hector
"Twenty bottles o' moonshine on the wall, twenty bottles o' shine..."

Roc landed in front of him on the helm.

Hector
"Oh, hi."

Roc was flapping his wings wildly and took off and swooped around in the general direction of the warehouse. Hector followed with his gaze and saw, in the distance, the flashes of gunfire and a Lumberjack shell's explosion. Kay, who was also looking in that direction, ran up to the helm, where Hector stood.

Kay
"I don't like the look of that."

Hector
"No, neither do I."

He Grabbed hold of the wheel and set off.

Kay
"Err, can you even fly?"

Hector
"Let's find out."

Kay
"We're doomed."

Hector
"Just... Get on the port harpoon."

--Warehouse 2G--

The machine gun was almost fully set up and the troops behind cover kept up a continuous stream of suppressing fire.

Lionel
"We're done for aren't we."

Michael
"Yeah, looks like this is our last st- Wait, what's that?"

Gareth
"What the flak?!"

The Griffinheart came flying over the Yeshan ship, but not before a harpoon was attached into its hull. The Griffinheart then gave out a burst of moonshine and tugged the ship into the dock, dragging it over the ground and crashing it into the turret. The Griffinheart crashed into a building and made a wild bank back around and landing on the dock, leaving the Yeshan ship crashed into that same building.

Gareth
"Now's our chance! GO!"

In the ensuing confusion, they all dashed around the wall and dispatched the confused soldiers just as they heard the sound of an explosion at the other end of the warehouse. They ran as fast as they could towards the Griffinheart and leapt aboard. Gareth was lagging behind a bit and was tripped up by the Yeshan commander, who must have abandoned his ship when it began being fragged. The commander made to stomp on Gareth's face but he rolled out of the way just in time, rising to his feet. The commander swung his fist but was blocked by Gareth, who then kicked him in the stomach and drew his knife, before slashing him three times across the chest. The commander fell down and Gareth leapt aboard the ship as it cast off away from the dock and into the sky, being peppered with desperate shots all the while. Michael ran up to the helm and took it from Hector.

Michael
"That was some insane flying, good job! But I think I'll take over for the return journey. We're headed back to Cathedral, burning moonshine!"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on July 29, 2013, 11:05:01 am
--Somewhere over scrubland--

Plasma stands with on hand on the helm, and the other tightly gripping the aged and weathered map. He squints at the crude symbols and lines, then glances down at the terrain below them. A river could match that squiggle, the rounded bumpy thing could be that hill. He tucks the map safely in a pocket and swings the wheel to the right.

A indicator glows softly on the mess of wires and dials next to the helm. He scans the horizon behind him for any approaching ships. No sign of the Starlight yet. The radio beacon emits a pulse every few seconds. A fading trail of electromagnetic breadcrumbs to follow. Then again, beacon locators were rare and expensive. He could only hope that the Starlight was equipped with one.

The light was fading fast as the sun began to take it's graceful exit from the day. They were nearly there now, if this map was accurate. It would be somewhere in the hills up ahead. They would need to find somewhere to anchor the ship. He glances over the crew.

Plasma
"I want eyes out for a potential landing site. We're going to make the final approach on foot. Hopefully we can get there before the light quits."

It's another few moments before they set eyes on a suitable clearing. The Venucian Might floats from the sky as Plasma wrestles with the wheel and engines. Trees rear up before them, then fall back as the ship clumsily dips into the trees. Spike, Jet, Emily, and Faye leap from the ship, each gripping a rope. Soon the floating ship is roughly secured between the trees, a fly caught in a spiderweb of it's own creation. Plasma checks the radio batteries, and leaves the signal beacon on. The Starlight might not be able to land in the same clearing, but at least it would be able to follow them.

He takes out the map again as the rest of the group checks their weapons. They set out into the hills cautiously. The place was isolated, no sign of civilization for miles and miles. But paranoia and criminal organizations often went hand in hand. It isn't long before the group is trekking in near complete darkness. The brilliant while glow of the moon gives them little light to work with.

Jet
"We ought to stop for the night. We're not likely to find much in this dark."

Plasma
"You might be- wait. Up ahead. Light."

The group stalks towards the flickering glow reaching through the gaps in the greenery. Several rough looking men sit around a campfire in a wide clearing which terminates at a cliff. A rough, piecemeal airdock has been assembled and holds several ships. Plasma notes the Cathedral colors and banners on two. He makes a series of complicated gestures at the others who stare at him blankly.

Right, I'm the only Ex-Anvalan.

He hisses at them instead.

Plasma
"Everyone pick a man. We've got to do this silently."

He takes out a long knife to punctuate his point, moving into position. A beat later and they step from the bushes as one. The knife flies from Plasma's hand, tumbling end over end through the air before coming to violent rest in the throat of the furthest man. Jet elects to take down his target a bit more violently, with a crushing blow to the windpipe followed quickly by a elbow to the nose. Plasma doesn't see the rest take down their targets, but turns to see Emily cleaning blood from an ornate dagger.

Moments later they are rifling through the equipment of the men. Plasma checks their radio frequency, then the group drags the bodies into the brush, and advances towards the door into the mountain. They halt at the large steel portal and Plasma glances towards Emily.

Plasma
"Now would be the time to turn back, should anyone feel so motivated."

She stares him down, face set in a determined grimace. Plasma slides the large door open.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on July 30, 2013, 04:56:49 am
--Tattered Facility--

They had been wandering the halls again, picking up a few useful items here and there, some fairly decent tools, key cards, even a machete (Which Dalhia took an intense liking to). Trying to find something specific in this place must have been hell, especially when it was inhabited, with things being moved from place to place. Richard adjusted the strap to his satchel, the explosives nestled carefully inside it. Taking out his time piece, he took a look at it. It was already well past nightfall and into the twilight hours, Alex was probably worried about them, with the note he left for him making things worse. He placed the time piece back in his coat, it was like the captains but bulkier, his being a newer model considering, the captains was a pre-dust model, meaning it would probably fetch a fairly good price but was so unassuming that no one really cared for it. A howl swept through the halls again, the hounds were back.

Richard
"Ready up!"

Travis
"Got it, Dalhia, I need you to pick off the ones further down the halls, I'll pick off the ones that get close."

Dalhia
"Well, it's a plan, much more then we had going into this mess."

Preston
"Oh dear, again really?!"

A pattering of paws drew closer and closer, Richard checked his revolver, loaded and ready as it would ever be. He swept his eyes about, they were at a t section, meaning that there would probably be only one way back, and that would be the way they came, if that got cut off, they probably wouldn't make it. The pattering continued growing closer when something from the shadows pounced.

Preston
"Shit!"

He took a shot at it with his carbine but the creature was quicker then he was, on the ground he opened his eyes slightly, finely getting a look at his dreaded enemy, the hound was like all the others, dripping with some sort of viscous material, it's eyes were blank as if drawn into a rage, its claws digging into his shoulders, It's teeth barred at him as he stared at it, his eyes widening in terror as the realization dawned on him, he felt pain, increasingly so as the thing began tearing at him.

Richard
"Damn it! Get it off him!"

He kicked it off him before sending several shots into it, more pattering could be heard, retreating, but it was there. He took a look at his crewman, he was lucky the thing didn't go for the face but he was in no condition to continue at this rate. he torso was bleeding profusely, he would live, but he would need some serious medical attention when they got back.

Preston
"Ohgodohgodohgodohgodohgodohgod I'm dead, it killed me, I won't live to see another-

He picked him up and propped him on a table as he pulled Preston's now ruined coat off as he took a closer look at the damage. It wasn't as bad as he first thought, though the damn beast left some really deep cuts in his flesh, there would definitively be some permanent scaring but at least it didn't damage anything important, though he would probably be in shock right now through shear terror. He was still in a state of babbling nonsense though and probably would be for several hours.

Dalhia
"So what's the prognoses?"

Richard
"He'll live, though he'll probably have nightmares, poor kid."

Preston
"Remind me to put out the laundry......"

Travis
"Want me to carry him?"

Richard
"No I'll do that, I need you keep that gun of yours handy as we-"

He felt a slight tug on his sleeve, he saw the younger man gripping him in support as he tried to sit up.

Preston
"Am I... Am I dead?"

He was out of it definitely, his face was pitiful as he was trying to comprehend everything.

Richard
"No no, you're very much alive, you just need to rest."

Preston
"Oh, ok."

He slumped up against him as he finally gave up trying to stay awake.

Richard
"This will be a tale for him to tell, give me a few moments."

He set about tending to his wounds as best he could using the medkit he kept on his person, making sure the wounds didn't get any worse and making sure he set the bandages properly. Finishing his work he put his coat back on him and put him on his back as he carried him off.

--Tattered Facility, yet another massive door--

Richard
"You'd think they'd have run out of these."

Travis
"Brood mother, or the nest, or both are probably through that door."

Richard
"Best be careful then."

Dalhia
"Should we leave him here? It's probably not safe for him."

She pointed to the unconscious form on Richards back.

Travis
"I'd personally wouldn't like to leave him alone."

Richard
"Lets move then."

Dalhia walked over to the control panel on the side and typed the code in again, not working, she checked the various key cards they had gathered, one of them beeped and the control panel lit up again asking for the code, she typed it in and the door opened with little fanfare.

Richard
"Right, we should move quickly and get this over with."

The group walked through the door and the wonders that awaited them, well not really wonders more like strangeness in such a way they would have been expecting it, and by strange I mean eggs, eggs everywhere.

--Inside the place of eggs and strangeness--

Richard
"Is this place getting on anyone's nerves?"

Travis
"I'm going to say yes, for both of us."

Richard
"Right, one moment."

He placed an explosive charge in the largest cluster of eggs and the nearby clusters.

Richard
"Right, I've set these for 3 hours, with this it will make it possible for us to escape this mess."

They explored further into the nest, old skeletons littered the floor, scratches in the walls ran deep and wide, scorch marks littered the halls.

Dalhia
"Place is seriously giving me the creeps."

Richard
"It's giving everyone the creeps, now lets find that brood mother, and kill it."

They continued through the infested halls, passing more offices and labs as they continued on. A door to their right some ways further was inscribed with Observation Hall.

Travis
"Going to assume this it then."

Richard
"Yup, get that chaingun on the door and be ready to shoot."

He pulled out the chain gun he'd been saving for a veritable hoard of creatures, seeing as it had a limited ammo supply.

Richard
"Ready?"

Travis
"Ready."

Dalhia
"Ready."

He slowly opened the door, it was amazingly empty considering where they were.

Dalhia
"Right, look for a control panel of sorts."

They searched around the room, finally finding a flip up terminal on a desk.

Dalhia
"Ok, let me type in the code and lets get out of here."

She typed on the, amazingly, still functioning board.

Computer
"Hello, it would appear you would like to set the self destruct, is this what you would like to do?"

Richard
"Seriously?"

Travis
"Sometimes I....... Yes, we would like to set the self destruct."

Computer
"Very well specify count down timer."

Dalhia
"Three hours."

Computer
"Very well, timer set, enjoy the rest of your stay, good day."

The computer turned off and was replaced by a timer.

Richard
"So much for that, lets move!"

They ran, they ran as hard as they could out of the nest and shut the door behind them.

Dalhia
"Right, lets get out of the labs and into the air, there are a lot of stairs to cover."

Travis
"The problem is, can we make it?"

the crew was jogging through the halls, back the way they came, or rather, following the trail of beast skeletons they had left in their wake. However their luck didn't last long as they heard a very audible howl, they were in a one way hallway, if they got trapped they were doomed.

Travis
"You remember how that vent we found was forced open?"

Dalhia
"Yeah?"

Travis
"I think, and this may sound crazy, they're in the damn walls man, game over man, game over."

Richard
"Right so that means we should-

A banging echoed throughout the hallway, they looked around, only to see a segment of wall bent and misshapen.

Richard
"RUN!"

And so they ran, behind them, the walls collapsed as a sea of creatures chased after them, strangely they were faster and managed to out run them just barely, they passed through the first massive door however the control panel was out of power and so they kept running through the lower level labs, they wouldn't be able to keep up the pace for much longer, they had enough time to stall and look back, the distant patter of paws had grown to that of a legion as they charged towards the door.

Travis
"I'll hold them off, we should probably back up slowly as we do this."

The chaingun whirred to a standby mode as the barrels spun, the legion still charging forward as they backed from the door and onto the staircase.

Dalhia
"Just so you know, it's been a pleasure."

Richard
"Pleasure's all Lorena's."

Dalhia
"You flatter me so."

Travis
"We have one shot at this."

The creatures were visible, hounds folding over each other, some bit at each other, killing a few of their numbers, though it was just a drop in the bucket. The chaingun blazed for the first time as rounds spewed forward, cutting down beast after beast, they recoiled, hesitating long enough for them to make to the top of the stairs, the 3rd and final door as they finally reached the main level. Richard pulled out his time piece, the time lollygagging had cost them nearly two and a half hours.

Richard
"We have to move, now!"

The ran for the exit, finally feeling the night air as they shut the door behind them, another ten minutes had passed. Walking over to their ship they were greeted by worried faces.

Phillip
"I saw you guys exit the door, where's Prest-

He saw the limp body against Richards Back.

Phillip
"Shit, did they-"

Richard
"He'll be fine, we need to get him looked at though."

Reynold
"Orders?"

The other two were gathering themselves as they slumped against the railing.

Dalhia
"Get us... Out of here."

Reynold
"With pleasure."

He set the engines to full as they pulled away from the dock. The facility lights came on, before suddenly being engulfed in a towering explosion, shattering the night with a brilliant flare, before subsiding. At least they had some new tools.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on August 01, 2013, 01:52:26 am
Birdman Hideout

The Man, the Birdman's second, stands in the control room overlooking the main hanger of the hidden falcility. During the Birdman's escapade into the Yeshan Empire to kidnap the Imperial couple, the Man has already radio the five other ranking members of the Birdmen organisation. As he watches the construction of the Birdman's secret project, the Man is flustered as the patrol he sent out to the east observation post hasn't reported back. Clenching a microphone connected to a radio, he dials in their signal again.

Man
"Patrol 7, where the hell are you guys!! Anyone? Answer dammit!!"

In anger he slams the microphone onto the desk which startles a messenger as he enters the room. Eyeing him, the Man pinches the bridge of his nose.

Man
"Hope this is good."

Messenger
"Umm yes sir. I'm here to inform you that the boss is almost back. His galleon has already passed Ho Tower and is 15 minutes away."

Taking in the information, he looks up at him.

Man
"His mission went well?"

Messanger
"Yes, they have the two Zhao's in their hold."

Man
"Good, at least something good is happening. Go and prepare two holding cells for them. Also prepare five room as well, the other memebers are coming, I don't know when, but get them ready."

Messanger
"Yes sir, on it."

The Messanger leaves the room to go and round up some workers to fulfil the order. As the door closes behind him, the Man goes over to a wall of monitors and notices something. On one of the monitors shows a hallway leading from the main hideout to the eastern observation post. Inside, he sees a group of individuals, none of which looks like they work for the organisation, walking through the halls with weapons drawn. Scratching his chin with a hand, the Man thinks

Hmm, maybe these pests are the reasons I can't contact the men on the east end. By the looks of it, some of the, have their radios. Hmm.

With his other free hand, he presses a button on the table and leans into an intercom speaker.

Man
"Security room."

Some shuffling can be heard from the other line and soon a gruff voice comes in.

Guard
"Yes sir."

Man
"Voxx, we may have a little problem on our end. I want you and a squad of 8 go over to the hallway leading towards to the eastern observation post and set up a barricade. Chain guns, rockets, any firepower you need, just makes sure you welcome our guest."

Voxx
"What do you want us to do with the intruders?"

Man
"Bring them in, I'm sure the boss will have something up his sleeve to deal with them."

Voxx
"On it."

Man
"Oh, go radio silence for this. I assume they have obtain our frequencies. Don't want them to over hear this plan."

Voxx
"Understood. Out"

As Voxx readies his small squad is encounter, the main hanger opens as a galleon flies through the steep cliff side and landing in one of the docks. Hearing this, the Man turns around and sees multiple figures departing the vessel. Two figures he notices are being carried away and are bounded by their hands and feet.

The boss guest I assume, well time to update him.

The Man leaves the control room and into the hanger.

Starlight

BdrLine
"Any sign of what looks like Plasma's ship?"

Althea
"Nope, I'll bet they left and are long gone."

BdrLine
"Damn, I should have gave him my frequency. Flak."

Circling around Cathedral Airspace, the crew on board the Starlight have been searching for any traces of Plasma and his Venucian Might. After finishing a second pass around the city, BdrLine stops his ship in mid air to converse with his crew.

Courage
So where do we go now? We dont know the heck they went."

BdrLine
"I know, I think we should start by going west towards Chang-ning."

Charles
"Why the Yeshan Capital?"

BdrLine
"Well, its the most recent Birdman sighting, plus he also kidnapped my parents."

The three of them are stunned to heard this and are speechless for a moment.

Charles
"What? Ok hold on, first they attack the Festival and steal jet engines for a secret project, now they have something to blackmail the Empire. What are they planning?"

BdrLine
"I don't know, but I do know that the faster we get there the sooner we can figure this out. Hope we meet Plasma on the way though."

Althea
"Ok, so what are we waiting for? Let's get a move on gents!"

With the outburst, the three men scramble to get up. BdrLine goes back to the helm and restarts his engines and puts it on full throttle and injects the fuel lines with moonshine. Soon the Goldfish speeds through the desert landscape towards the Endless Salts.

During their flight, Charles is up at the cabin of the ship talking with BdrLine and mindlessly thinker with the radio set.

Charles
"So how are we going about this?"

BdrLine
"I don't know, maybe just wing it? Because I have nothing right now. Hey Charles what are you doing?"

BdrLine looks back and sees him opening a panel off the set.

Charles
"I don't know, like you said just winging it. Oops, what the?"

BdrLine
"What did you do...tell me if i finally lost it, but you hear beeping?"

Charles
"No you are good cause I hear it as well."

BdrLine
"Here grab the helm and let me look."

With a switch, BdrLine kneels down to look at his ancient radio set. Following the wires and tinkering with the wires, he finds the source of the beeping and which leads to the set second antenna.

BdrLine
"So that's what this antenna is for."

Charles
"Great, but what is it?"

BdrLine
"by the looks of it and the faint and slow beeps, I think this is a tracker of sorts."

Charles
"So do we follow it?"

BdrLine
"Guess so since its going the same direction we are going, maybe it'll leads us to Plasma."

Charles
"Or the Birdmen."

BdrLine
"who knows, we'll cross that bridge when we get there. Follow the beeps we go."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on August 02, 2013, 04:42:27 pm
--Birdman Hideout--

Plasma cowers behind the bit of brick wall. The bullets frying through the air shatter the wall behind the small group and the very cover currently saving his life. He glances back at Spike and the others. Suddenly the storm of bullets abates. Plasma blinks, and takes the opportunity to  glance around the column. The distant business end of rocket launcher stares back at him.

Flak.

A single shot echos over his shoulder and he feels the ripple of air spread across his face. The round sinks itself into the loaded ammunition and the end of the hall becomes a sea of fire. Plasma glances back at Spike who gives him a quick grimace. He stands, pistol sighted down the hall as they rest of the group advance.

The door at the end of the corridor seems to feed into some kind of hangar. Plasma glances through it into the large open room. Several ships, including a galleon docket and apparently un-crewed. A small army seems massed at the other end of the room as evidenced by large number of red dots glimmering through the darkness.

Apparently nobody told these idiots that cigarettes are luminescent.

The group skirts the edge of the darkened room. Plasma makes a series of complicated gestures to the rest of his team before giving up and signing the universal "follow me".  The group ascends the catwalk to the galleon. A few moments of silent knifework later the group is alone on the large ship, below decks, quietly waiting.

The small army gathered turns suddenly in alarm to the broadside of the large ship. There is a moment of confusion, then the rockets issue from the lions mouthes. The scene makes the sea of fire in the hallway look like a candle. With reduction in enemy forces complete, Plasma cuts the fuel lines to the engines on all the ships in the hangar, then the band makes their way down, to the next door into the bowls of the base.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 05, 2013, 04:27:11 am
--Skies Over Burren--

The Sky Runner was flying home, they had a few things to show for their expedition, namely tools, some paintings, and some scrap they found around. It wasn't what they were expecting but it was something at least, not a lot, but something. Behind them a dull light shone from a distant canyon, a raging inferno engulfing the lone canyon, the facility with its lone air dock in flames. The crew sat at a bubbling stove pot, dirty, battered and tired. Richard had the helm while the others rested, so far everything was going well, they hadn't run into anything since escaping the facility, and hopefully it would stay that way. He looked around the ship, the crew was serving bowls of soup to keep them warm throughout the night, Preston was sleeping by the fire, his upper torso bandaged, he was luck to be alive, for now however he had to focus on getting home. He saw Travis walk up to him with a bowl of soup, steaming hot.

Travis
"You need to eat, can't have the pilot die of hunger."

Richard
"Yeah, can't have that can we?"

He took the bowl from his hands and jammed the helm on its present course, he spooned some soup, it wasn't half bad, considering what they had to work with.

Travis
"You're still worried about him aren't you?"

Richard
"Yeah."

He looked over to Preston's sleeping form by the stove. battered and bloody, but holding on to life.

Richard
"My fault he's this way, it's not like I can do anything about that now, but hope he hangs on long enough to get home."

Travis
"He may not look like it, but he's a tough kid, he'll make it."

Richard
"I can only hope you're right."

Something out in the distance caught his, a vessel, specifically a goldfish was flying way from them, or towards something, who knew other then the crew themselves.

Richard
"Doesn't that ship look familiar?"

Travis
"It does actually, doesn't one of the Inn regulars own it?"

Richard
"Yup, wonder what they're doing out at a time like this, not like we're going to ask, we have to head home, and fast."

Travis
"I can drink to that."

They went back to their posts, Richard unjammed the helm as he took command once more, as they flew back to Cathedral.

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: TrueQuaggan on August 05, 2013, 06:17:48 pm
-Back at the Wild Winds Inn, just before dark-

Quaggan tried not to scream as the pain in his leg rushed up, stinging every bit of his flesh. He could spot a door in front of his eyes. Above it, a sign read "The Wild Wi.....""The Wil.." "The....." He was too tired. He could barely see. He couldn't be asked with reading. He limped towards the door, and opened it slowly. He entered what looked like an inn. The innkeeper looked at him for a while, then rushed to help him, as he was about to fall. After that, Quaggan's mind cleared, to make way for the most important memories.

Quaggan's mind cleared, to make way for the most important memories. He lost his ship. He lost the rest of his crew. He was the only one lucky enough to not die in that fight. He knew that Nova was safe and he knew he needed to get her back to Golden Island. Everything else was blurry. He felt Nova's beak gently pushing him and he heard the innkeeper's scream as he looked up to see the 7 feet tall, bright blue bird.. Quaggan gathered all his forces to mutter the words: "Don't hurt her...She's...my friend...Please get me somewhere I can rest.." Then, he fell asleep, under Nova's golden beak, reflecting the light in the inn. There was nobody else there, but Newt. The bird looked at him expectantly. As the innkeeper carried the body to a bed, the bird followed. That night, she sat there and slept near Quaggan, ready to jump up and help her master, like she always did. The cuts still hurt, but it wouldn't be a problem. She never had to use her wings to kill. Nobody ever survives the first blow. 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on August 06, 2013, 03:24:40 am
--Skies over Middle Plains--

Michael stood steady at stern of the Griffinheart with his spyglass at hand, regularly taking a look behind them at the distant horizon. While Gareth stood at the helm and Zardis sat at the table with Lyre. The rest of the crew was by the front gun playing cards. Zardis had removed the letter and his notes from his pocket and laid them on the table, a little crumpled from the haste that they were shoved into his pocket.

Lyre
"So you have no idea what the letter says, so how did you know in the first place that it was worth stealing?"

Zardis
"I got an anonymous tipoff."

Lyre
"That's no reason to put your life at risk."

Zardis
"I won't lie, it's only now that I realise that. I don't know what I was thinking, but the tipoff turned out to be right, this letter is full of secrets... if only I knew what they were."

Lyre reached over and grabbed a page full of Zardis' notes.

Lyre
"But you must have made some progress at least."

Zardis
"Yes, I've got some of it worked out. But very little, and much of that is not due to deciphering the code."

Lyre nodded at Zardis and urged him to go on.

Zardis
"Well, I stole the letter from the Tiger's office, so it's probably something to do with the military. And, while I have not deciphered most of the words, the signature at the bottom is known to be that of the Deer, so it was sent by the Deer, meaning it also concerns matters of trade. And I have discerned one word, or a name, the name of a city."

Lyre
"What city?"

Zardis
"Vyshtorg."

Lyre
"What does the Empire want with the Guild?"

Zardis
"No idea, and I'd rather wait until the letter is fully discerned before taking action."

Lyre
"Understandable. Well, you should have all the time and resources you need back in Cathedral."

Gareth
"We should be there tomorrow."

Gareth had apparently been listening in all the while. Lyre's thoughts were now taken up with the three pieces of information they now knew: military, trade, Vyshtorg. Those three words started circling around her head even as she lay down on her sleeping bag for the night.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on August 06, 2013, 10:38:29 am
--Birdman Facility--

The group continue to descend through the facility which stretches far underground. Creative use of bullets, explosives, and bladework send many of the mercenaries either running for the exits (for at the end of the day, dead men don't get paid). The few that do remain are expertly cut down, shot, stabbed, kicked, punched, blasted, incinerated and eviscerated.

A few flights of stairs later and the group enter the bottom of a massively tall, but surprisingly narrow room. Plasma stares at the behemoth within. The room is busy with engineers, a large scaffold has been erected around a tall cylindrical device, topped with a gently tapering cone. Much of the device appears to be complete, with the bottom section still under construction. Large tail fins are being fitted to the bottom of the structure along with...

...the experimental rocket engines. The group stands, silently contemplating the towering weapon, at least twice the height of a Galleon. Plasma swallows, and levels his pistol again.

Plasma
"It's...it's a giant rocket. If that was loaded with explosive...it'd be impossible to aim though...I wonder if...if they have more..."

Spike taps him on the shoulder. And points at a glass wall several stories up on the far side of the room, some sort of control room. Plasma nods and the group advances along the edge of the cluttered floor. Plasma slinks across the group, eyes scanning back and forth, gaze sweeping like a lit lighthouse. Suddenly he stops and gesticulates frantically at the others to hide themselves. They dive under tarps or behind barrels of something that smells like rocket fuel. Plasma searches frantically for a hiding place of his own, finding an empty box missing a lid and pulling it over himself. Two of the engineers round the corner.

Engineer 1
"We've got the trajectory down, but I'm worried about the engine prototypes. We've got the schematics copied out, but all of the actual systems are on the test rocket. What if we can't replicate them?"

Engineer 2
"If we can't replicated them, we don't get paid. Dare I say it, we probably won't live long enough to complain about it. The boss is working on it, but that man, the bird guy, he insists that we perform a test launch against Anvala. I dunno about you, but pissing off a city of the best gunners doesn't sound like my cup of tea..."

The two continue on, and Plasma lifts the box off him. The rest of the group forms up, and they sneak across the stacks of box, barrel, and tarp to the opposite stairwell. The alert looking guards lean against the frame of the door, unfortunately placed next to some packing crates. Plasma pops up from behind one of them quickly, arm coiling like a snake then striking the throat of the unfortunate man. Emily slides around the other, briefly running the knife along his neck. They both fall and the pair are left staring at each other.

Plasma breaks the gaze first, and cautiously charges up the stairwell. Emily hot on his heels with the rest of the group ensuring they aren't followed or noticed. They reach the third floor, and Plasma rushes down the long corridor to the control room. Bursting in and is met with an odd scene. The chief engineer staring at blueprints for the experimental engines, and an unfamiliar figure in a bird mask calmly gazing over his shoulder. The Birdman lightly presses a button and a steel portal slams shut in the door frame behind Plasma, cutting off Spike and the rest of the group. He speaks as Plasma whirls back towards the door.

Birdman
"Emily, dear, if you'd be so kind as to restrain our friend."

The knife slides easily between Plasma's ribs. The startling blue eyes bore into his, full of a sort of apologetic regret, but mixed with nearly apathetic determination.

Emily
"I did ask you not to go." 

--End of Day 8--

--Start of Day 9--

--Birdman Facility--

The Starlight comes to rest outside the Facility after sighting the Venucian Might in a clearing. The blasted front door and carnage form a trail of breadcrumbs to the inner facility.

Plasma lies in the control room, breathing heavily and trying not to bleed too much under the vicious, watchful gaze of Emily as the Birdman and chief engineer discuss the launch plans for the Long Range Tactical Rocket. Something they seem to affectionately dub the LoRTaR.

Spike and the rest seem to be trapped outside, with another wave of Mercinaries advancing on their position. Somewhere below the launch room, in a makeshift prison waits an older Yeshan couple, wondering what all the noise of gunfire and explosives mean for them.

--Wild Winds Inn, Cathedral--

The next morning Newt ascends the stairs in the Wild Winds. He carries a tray with coffee, eggs, bacon, and well buttered toast. A bag of birdseed is slung over his shoulder. He turns the handle on the door and slowly opens it up, staring at the gigantic bird.

Newt
"Well aren't you a wonder now. Careful. I'm playing nice, see?"

He slowly places the bird seed on the floor, opening it up and sliding it over to the bird. Nova emits a barklike chirp and begins to ravage the bag. Newt carefully moves to Quaggan, placing the tray on the table and briefly checking his wounds. The bird, which had a moment ago been engrossed in the seed, suddenly squawks and launches itself at Newt, headbutting him away from Quaggan.

Newt recovers from the blow immediately and backs away from the agitated animal, arms held up.

Newt
"Alright, you giant featherball, he's all yours!"

Newt backs out of the room and closes the door, shaking his head as he returns to the common room of the Wild Winds. 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: TrueQuaggan on August 06, 2013, 07:20:17 pm
-At the Wild Winds Inn-
Quaggan was downstairs with Nova. He felt much better, even if he had to be careful with his leg. The bird's gaze met terrified faces, all looking at her. Every man and woman was ready to jump for their lives at any moment. Some tried to drink, while never loosing eye contact. Their attempts were met with failure and wasted drinks.

Quaggan:
"Are you sure you don't want anything for your troubles?"

Newt:
"I am absolutely sure. I did it to help a fellow in need, not to rob you. I would never ask something in return for a helping hand. Are you sure you can go outside like that?"

Quaggan:
"I can manage. It doesn't hurt as much now. Plus, I need to ask around and see if anyone has seen my ship"

Newt:
"Very well then, you can come back here whenever you please. And...uh...I don't recommend going on the streets with your..companion"

Quaggan:
"Who? Nova? Heheh..she wouldn't hurt anyone..not unprovoked at least... But I do understand your concern. Don't worry though, she is very good at hiding."

Newt:
"Hiding? She's huge!"

Nova gave Newt a short, disapproving look.

Newt:
"I...I mean..uh.. I don't see how.."

Quaggan:
"I know it seems strange, but only a trained eye can spot a young Sereni, especially a female one. I've been in this town for two weeks. Ever heard of a giant blue bird? You would think people would talk about it if they saw her."

Newt:
"But..how..I mean...why..uh..."

Quaggan:
"Look, I know it's strange. Don't worry about it. Oh, and thanks for feeding Nova. I have to get going now. I'll see you soon."

Newt:
"Uh..bye.. Come whenever you need to..."

The door closed behind the female Sereni. Newt's eyes hurt, after staring at Nova's golden beak. He wondered if it was actually made out of gold. Everyone shifted in their seats, as they got back to their lives in the inn.

Newt:
"Did that actually happen? Did I just see a bird bigger than me? Did it hit me with it's gigantic head? Am I going crazy? And why is that man acting so weird... How can such a beast hide? This is too much..." He mumbled some more to himself before someone ordered a drink. He came to the conclusion that it's much easier to just accept it. And so he did. But even so..that bird was so...big.


-In the streets of Cathedral-
Quaggan has been asking around for a blue ship with blue bird crests on the sides for a while now. Nobody seems to know anything.

"Well, it seems like I need a new ship" he said to himself. "I wonder if Newt knows somebody that could help me..."


Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 06, 2013, 08:44:35 pm
--Sky Runner, East of Cathedral--

Cathedral was in sight, they would be home, Preston would make it, and Alex was most likely going to kill Richard for being several hours late, along with Preston being injured, he didn't have much to help his case.

Richard
"I am so dead."

Lorena
"Could be worse, Da could throw you into an engine."

Travis
"That sounds painful, personally I would light him on fire but that's just me."

Reynold
"You guys aren't thinking about this hard enough, hang him upside down over a fire, don't actually burn him but it would cause him to roast to a painfully slow death."

Dalhia
"You guys can't be serious! Everyone knows you bury him neck high in sand and let the dunes bury him under their ever changing sands."

Richard
"Why do I even bother?"

Phillip
"Don't know, personally I just feed you the worst things on the planet until you gave up and starved yourself."

Richard
"Uhg, never mind."

--Cathedral City Center--

Alex was out and about, looking for various materials and tools for his newest scheme, a mounted Hwacha pod, it wouldn't be as large one, considering all he needed was the firing pods, but it was going to be a toughie to mount it so the missiles didn't impact in the hull of the craft.

Alex
"lets see here, hmm."

He looked over the various nuts and bolts, he took a few that looked feasible and examined them.

Alex
"These'll do it."

He haggled with the shop owner for a bit, gaining a good price and some interesting relationship with the shop owner, he tossed a coin at him before walking out of the shop. The town had more or less recovered since the rocket race, people had been more outgoing and willing to be less paranoid, of course the guard had gone through some notable changes, mostly the uniforms, until recently the guards uniforms had been more formal, now however more and more guards were patrolling in lighter body armor over said uniforms, mostly leather with some iron and steel in increasing numbers. He was almost done for the day when he saw a giant blue bird following a man with a slight limp.

Alex
"Looks like those two on the Griffinheart aren't the only bird fanatics."

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on August 07, 2013, 03:46:01 am
--Cathedral streets--

Gareth and co. walked down the streets of Cathedral with Zardis, who was covering his face with his hood. But this had the added side effect of making him look extremely suspicious, even if people did not know his identity.

Gareth
"You know, I don't think people are going to recognise you."

Zardis
"You can never be to sure. For all we know, the streets are crawling with Yeshan informants. Don't worry, I'll remove the hood once I know I can trust not to be ratted out."

Lionel
"Whoa! What the flak is that?"

Gareth looked back to see Lionel glancing down a street at a wounded man, followed by what seemed to be a massive blue bird. Gareth, and the rest, stared at it for a bit before Gareth shrugged, looking up to a rooftop to see both Roc and Garuda looking at it too.

Gareth
"Absolutely no idea. Looks Chaledonian, but I'm not sure."

Zardis
"Let's keep going."

They continued on for a while until they reached the Wild Winds Inn and entered.

--Wild Winds Inn--

As they entered, Lionel, Kay, Hector and Michael went off to sit in the corner, while Gareth, Lyre and Zardis went up to the counter. Gareth leant over to talk to Newt.

Gareth
"The, err, Dacrain Wolf bounty. It's off now."

Newt
"Err... alright."

He looked appraisingly at Zardis, who had his head turned away, looking very agitated.

Newt
"Is your friend alright?"

Zardis
"I'm fine. The bounty's finished. The Yeshans gave up on m-HIM."

The freudian slip was enough for Newt to work out, and Gareth and Lyre both seemed to realise Zardis' mistake too. Newt reached over and pulled back Zardis' hood, revealing the back of his head. Zardis knew he was found out and turned to face Newt, showing his rough features and distinctive moustache.

Newt
"Zardis Lang Dacrain, "The Dacrain Wolf", the outlaw with a huge reward..."

Lyre
"Trust us, there is a reason. Just... don't act hastily."

Newt
"I won't. If you have a reason to harbour an outlaw, I won't question it."

Zardis nodded appreciatively and went over to a separate table, rather near the counter, then joined by Gareth and Lyre. After a while, Newt leant over to the bounty board and tore down Zardis' poster, before crumpling it up and tossing it away.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 07, 2013, 04:25:18 am
--Wild Winds--

Alex walked in, with his stuff back at the warehouse he decided he needed a drink and the best place was The Wild Winds, of course he'd heard from some of the others that some saloon he couldn't remember the name of was better. He sat at the counter, Newt was as usual cleaning glasses.

Newt
"Whiskey?"

Alex
"Yeah, add a slice of lime, and maybe some ice."

Newt
"You got it."

Newt went about preparing his drink, he thought for a moment, apparently his ship was spotted in the area and was heading back, which was a major relief, though he also felt he should smack Richard for making him worry so much. He looked about the Inn, he couldn't see that newcomer from a day or so ago, whatever happened to him he couldn't tell. Continuing his scan around the room his eyes wandered to one of the corner tables, Gareth and co were back along with-

Isn't that Zardis? Haven't seen him since he helped smuggle me and Elena out of Yeasha, wonder how he got here.

The answer was quite obvious, seeing as he was talking with Gareth and his crew about something.

Newt
"Whiskey?"

Alex
"Ah, thanks."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: TrueQuaggan on August 07, 2013, 05:52:28 am
-On the streets of Cathedral-
Quaggan gave up on his search, since anybody who he talked to seemed to not be willing to talk. He wondered if it had something to do with Nova.

Nova squeaked, but, given her size, it sounded much more like the bending of metal.

Quaggan:
"Look, I know you want to go out and play but I have to take care of some things. We'll never get you to Golden Island if we don't find a ship. Now, could you please stop nagging me?"

Nova turned her head in disgrace.

"Oh, don't be like that! You know I have to keep my eyes on you if you go out and I can't do that right now!"

The bird gave Quaggan a long stare.

"Well, I guess you're not that small anymore... Well...fine. But please, if you see anyone outside the city, don't scare them. People here have never seen Sereni before. Off you go!"

Nova took off with a small leap and a flap of her huge wings, nearly blowing Quaggan of his feet.

"They grow so fast.... Well, I better go back to the inn and see if anybody can help me get a ship"

The street in front of him was empty. No guards, no sailors, no women with their children. The grave silence surrounding Quaggan was outlined by the wind and punctuated by the sound of the man's boots. He looked behind him. Nobody there. He made a few more steps, and then stopped, listening for the sound of footsteps. He was alone, which was creepier than he thought it would. The city was just not made for silence.

He passed a dark alley, and was close to the inn by now. But then, without breaking the perfect silence, a hand grabbed him, covering his mouth, and began pulling him towards the alley. Quaggan bit the giant mass of muscles in front of him and screamed, only to be knocked unconscious by a blow to the head moments later. The scream echoed from building to building, reaching the Wild Winds Inn.

"Where the hell is the bird?!" said a rough voice behind him.
"It's a giant bird, damn it! Go find it, how hard could it be?" This time, it was a much higher pitched voice, belonging to a short man behind his brute.
"I heard they are pretty good at hiding..."
"Get out of my sight and search for it, idiot!" The little man demanded. "Or else you get NONE of the money! What are you staring at? GET OUT!"
"Uh..yes sir. Where should I put him, sir?"
"Minum and Salt will take care of it. Now GO!"
As the man left his boss, two more henchmen lifted Quaggan, and took him in the dark alley.
Their master grinned, as silence took back the streets of Cathedral.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on August 07, 2013, 03:33:32 pm
--Outside Wild Winds Inn--

Michael and Kay were leaning against the wall and catching some fresh air, discussing anything from the situation with Zardis to guesses at the recipe for an Ember's Venom. But then they heard the scream coming from a few alleys over.

Michael
"You hear that?"

Kay
"Sounds like a rough up."

Michael
"let's check it out."

And with that they went off in the direction of the scream, Michael keeping a hand on his holster. As they ran down the street Michael could just hear a passer by commenting on his half-burnt face, which he decided to ignore. They turned a corner to see, at the end of the alley, two men lifting the body of Quaggan and carrying it out of sight.

Michael
"HEY!!!"

He and Kay marched down the alley after them, before following them round the corner, both drawing their pistols.

--Wild Winds Inn--

Lyre
"I assume you'll need some place to continue the research."

Gareth
"We still have a room rented here, you could use that while we sleep on the Griffinheart. It's best you stay out of overly populated areas."

Zardis nodded to this idea and then took another scan around the room, his eye stopping on Alex. The face was familiar somehow. He rifled through his memories until he realised.

Zardis
"Alex!"

he got up and went over to Alex, before greeting him properly and shaking his hand.

Zardis
"I havent seen you since that disappearing act."

Lyre looked at Gareth and shrugged.

Lyre
"I guess he wasn't always hold up in Dragontown."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: TrueQuaggan on August 07, 2013, 04:27:43 pm
-In a forest, near Cathedral-
Nova was upset at herself. She was surprisingly smart for a bird. She knew that eating too much raw meat gave her stomach aches. And luckily for her she knew which berries were poisonous. Sereni prefer eating fruit over animals, but, sometimes, you have no choice. She was sad now. She looked around from her branch. All of a sudden, her eyes widened, her wings extended, and she took off like a rocket.

There was a huge man, looking for something. He had a net launcher on his back, and a rather dangerous looking pistol on his belt. Despite this, he seemed to be scared. Extremely scared.

There was the sound of wood, snapping in the distance.

Clint:
"Who..Who is there?! I got a gun and I'm not afraid to use it! I'll get you, you dumb bird! You're nothing but a useless parrot, you hear that?" He prayed that it didn't hear him. He swallowed, and the looked around. Aside from the usual woodpecker, there was no bird in sight. He sighed.

"Maybe it was just my imagi...GAH!"
 
Nova soared through threes and bushes at an impossible speed. She was a blurry blue arrow, and Clint was the target. He reached for his pistol, heart pumping at inhuman rates, and just as he was about to draw it, the whole world faded. The blow knocked him back like a dynamite blast, launching him for two meters, before smashing his back against a tree. The enraged Sereni pondered for a while and decided that killing him would be too much of a favor. Flashbacks of her fallen kind were pushing her to end that fool's life, but she resisted. She was not like them. She was not a murderer. Nova gave the man on the ground one last pitiful look, and then she launched herself into the sky,  looking  for her master. She was uneasy. What she just felt was hurtful enough, but she sensed danger. Quaggan was not safe.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on August 08, 2013, 03:12:04 am
Birdman's Hideout

After landing in the clearing, BdrLine and company goes through their hold and readies their equipment. Courage and Althea each carries a bandolier of loch grenades, while Charles carry a bag of explosives on his back and BdrLine have a medical kit in his. Grabbing magazines for their respective weapons, BdrLine goes back to the cabin to retrieve their rifles. Tossing the weapons to each of them, they load their weapons and move to the large door.

Courage
*whistles* "The lieutenant knows how to make an entrance."

BdrLine
"Yeah, come on let's head in and stay on your toes."

Charles
"Gotcha."

Courage
"Roger on that."

Althea
"hmm, always."

BdrLine gives a faint smile as he rolls his eyes as Althea smirks at him. The group of four cautiously walks down the corridor, and checking each room on the way. What they saw was usually the same, scattered around the rooms were bodies of dead and mangled metal from explosion. Putting her rifle over her shoulder, Althea pulls out her dual pistols and checks the rooms and bodies.

Althea
"Guess these guys had a surprise."

Courage
"How long is this carnage?" And Bdr, do we know where we are going."

BdrLine looks to them and his surroundings.

"I don't know, this place is much different to their science facility in the Guild."

Charles
"Was that the place where those... things you mentioned came from."

BdrLine
"Yeah, good thing it's long gone. ...Here I think this way."

The group exits the room they were in and makes a turn down into a hallway. As they walk down, they notice an opening to what looks like a hanger and quickly hides behind some crates as some mercenaries walk towards their direction. Waiting for them to pass, the pop their heads over to get a glimpse of the room.

On one side of the massive hanger is around a dozen of airships sitting in docks, while on the other side lies a small runway and a squadron of planes. What caught their eye was the towering object right near the middle of the room.

They quickly go down again and look at one another.

Charles
"The flak is that?"

Courage
"I don't know, but you see the size of that thing! Looks like it can wipe out an entire city."

BdrLine
"So that's why they attacked us at the race, they needed those rockets to lift that behemoth into the air."

Althea
"We need to take destroy it somehow. Charles, how much explosive you have?"

Taking his pack off his back, Charles lays the bag in front of them and opens it. Shifting through its contents, he mutters to himself about the amount needed.

Courage
"Hmm, This maybe enough, but we need to find a way to that thing without being spotted."

Suddenly they all freeze where they were as the giant hanger doors open and five ships fly in. Looking over the crates again, they notice that from each ship, a man in a Birdman attire walks off. The five of them greets each other before a courier meets them and leads them to the control room.

BdrLine
"Really? How many of these guys are there?"

Althea
"I don't know, but babe, besides the rocket, isn't there something else we are here for?"

BdrLine
"Right, my parents. Ok we will deal with that rocket later, now we need to find my parents and Plasma."

Nodding in agreement, they move away from their hiding spot and down the corridor again.

Back in the control room, Spike and his crew are overwhelmed by the massive numbers against them and are taken by Voxx and his men into the makeshift dungeon with the Zhao's. As Spike and the others are taken away, the door opens again and the five other Birdmen members walk in.

Birdman
"Ahh brothers, nice to see that you came."

One of the masked figures places a hand up to stop him.

(1)
"Enough, what's is it that you had your chief engineer contact us brother."

Birdman
"Come sit and I will discuss my plan to you all."

(3)
"What about him." *Points to Plasma sitting in a corner*

Birdman
"Don't mind him, he is under control. But please sit."

The seven of them, the Birdman, his Chief Engineer, and the others goes to a table in the control room and takes seats around the table.

Birdman
"Brothers, as we all are aware of our previous leader failed attempt to take over the Empire months ago. And that the Guild has disavowed us of our funding and knowledge of us after said attempt."

(1)
"Yes we know."

(5)
"No need to remind us, we barely escaped with our lives from the hunters they sent after us."

Birdman
"Yes it was a dark time these months were, even darker after that First Emperor ran our organisation out of the Empire. But I propose a plan, one which we can come out of hiding again and bring upon this world our teachings."

(2)
"Brother this is crazy, combined we have neither the resources or man power to do such a thing."

Birdman
"Oh, but we do have this."

He rises off his chair and goes over to the control table and turns on the lights in the main hanger. In a dark spot in the room, lights turn on and illuminate the LorTaR.

Birdman
"Brothers, let me present to you a weapon that can shift the power in this world."

Amazed, the five other members get off from their seats and moves to the glass window to stare out at the massive rocket.

(4)
"Brother, how did you manage todo this?"

Birdman
"Ahh old weapon designs from our predecessors that has been lost in our scattered archives, with this, we can have any fraction under our hand."

(3)
"So what's the intended target? Is it the city that ran our founders out, is it Chang-ning?"

Birdman
"No, something more different, out across the Burren lies a city where it is homed to the very people that thwarted us. My brothers, this is aimed at the City of Anvala."

(1)
"Why Anvala, we have a weapon that can maybe wipe out the Imperial Capital off the map right now."

Birdman
"Wait brother, as much as you all like to, there is more to it. If we launch this rocket towards the city, we would take out the worlds greatest marksmen in one blow. This will make our presence know again and each fraction will qwake with fear. Also, Anvala happens to conduct trade with a certain company in the Empire, and if Anvala falls, news will spread quick to them."

(2)
"But with Anvala having relations with the Empire, what would stop them from unleashing their forces against us?"

Birdman
"Oh I've got that covered, brothers if you look at this screen, we have something that the Empire will be in disarray if they lost them. Brothers the mighty Shen and Liu Zhao."

On one of the screens shows a bare room with two individuals huddles close together, the camera then zooms close to make out the faces more clearly.

(5)
"The most powerful couple in the Empire?"

Birdman
"Yes and with that, they will have to abide to our will."

(4)
"Brother, this plan is brilliant."

(2)
"I concur."

(1)
When is this plan going to be carried out."

Birdman
"Soon, first we must make final preparations to the rocket and contact those idiotic Imperial officials."

Somewhere inside the massive falcility hidden inside a cliff, BdrLine and others make their way down into the lower levels trying to locate BdrLine's parents.

BdrLine
"Man, this is like a maze, we could be lost in here."

Althea
"Shush, quiet. I hear people coming."

Going around the corner, Charles peeks his head out and sees guards leading a group of people down the hall. He notices that they all ad cuffs around their wrist. Turning back to them, he flashes hand signals telling what he saw. Understanding, Althea and Courage goes out from their cover and trails the group. Not understanding any of the hand gestures, BdrLine tilts his head in confusion.

Mentally face palming, Charles goes over to him and whispers.

"Spotted guards moving a group of prisoners, Althea and Courage, go and trail and follow. We will be behind them to watch their backs."

BdrLine
"ohh, ok"

Charles
"ju, just come on."

The pair then leave their cover and are a few meters behind Althea and Courage. The four then spends the next few minutes following the guards until they arrive to the dungeon. As one guard walks forward to unlock the door, BdrLine and Charles meet up with the other two.

BdrLine
"Do we take them out."

Charles
"Yeah, they did lead us to the dungeon, and I bet this is the liutenant's crew."

BdrLine
"Ok I'll go and take the two in the back with my blades. You guys move ahead and get the guys on either side. Once they are all gone, find the keys. Oh and not a peep."

Nodding, Courage, Althea, and Charles pulls out their knifes and wait back a bit as BdrLine moves slowly to the two rear guards. Extending his blades from his forearm braces, he slices them around the guards throats. As soon as the blades extended, the three then quickly move forward to the other guards before they had time to turn around to see the bodies dropped. Soon the rest of the guard detail was quickly dispatched.

As BdrLine looks for the keys on the leader, Courage and Charles go back to their hiding spot to,retrieve their rifles and equipments. Althea goes over to the door and looks inside.

Althea
"Bdr! Azn, I can see your parents inside. They look a bit rough."

Finding the keys, BdrLine then goes over to Spike and unlocks his handcuffs. He then hands him the keys.

BdrLine
"Here Spike, go and unlock the other, and grab the guards weapons, we may need them."

Nodding, Spike goes over to the rest of his crew and free them from their cuffs. Going over to the dead guards, they unbuckle their ammo pouches and pick up their rifles and pistols.

BdrLine then goes over to Althea and looks in.

BdrLine
"Mom, Dad, can you hear me?"

Liu
"Azn, is that you?"

Shen
"Thank Gods son you found us."

BdrLine
"Yeah don't worry, we are getting you guys out of here."

Shen
"I can't believe those Bird brains are back again."

Althea
"Don't worry Mr.Zhao, we will take care of them."

Liu
"Althea, is that you? I hope my son is treating you right."

Looking thought the keys, BdrLine goes red from embarrassment.

BdrLine
"Mother! I don't think this is the time."

Liu
"When it comes to you and your relationship, I think it's appropriate."

Smiling at the conversation between the two, Althea chuckles to herself as BdrLine finally found the right key and opens the door. As the doors open, Shen and Liu comes out and hugs the two of them.

BdrLine
"I love you guys too, but we need to get out of here."

As the group turns to leave the dungeon, BdrLine looks at Spike and his group and notices that Plasma is missing.

BdrLine
"Hey um Spike, where is Plasma?"

Spike
"He is back at the control room, apparently his friend that went along with us works for them. He got stab by her, we couldn't do anything as the man close the door between us and we got captured."

BdrLine
"ok, here you guys go back to the ships and take my parents with you. Take Plasma's ships and take them back to Cathedral and far from here. We will rescue Plasma and take those guys out  as well."

Soon alarms can be heard from the entire compound as, from his control room, the Birdman watches the whole escape from the cameras in the location.

BdrLine
"Go now!"

Nodding, Spike and his crew then leads Shen and Liu back to the entrance they came into while BdrLine and his crew stay back to find Plasma.

Chang-ning

Chong
"Ma'am I am ordered to watch over you and protect you, this plan of yours is highly dangerous.

Ny-Lee
"Well you can come as well, as I am going out to help my brother and look for my parents."

Still at the Zhao Manor, Ny-Lee is arguing with the Emperor Elite as she readies her gear to search for the Birdmen. Coming down the stairs, Huan clumsily walks down the steps in body armour borrowed from the security guards locker.

Huan
"Wait hold on, I'm coming as well."

Ny-Lee
"Huan sorry, but it be safer for you to stay here little brother."

Huan
"They got our parents and I want to go and rescue them."

Roland goes over to his brother-in-law and starts undoing the straps.

Roland
"Huan I think your sister is right. I know you want to go out and rescue them. But you have no experience in shooting and we have to watch over you."

Ny-Lee
"Wait, dear who says you are going as well?"

Roland *turns to her*
"You think I'm letting you go at this alone. We been through so much, and besides Yiski and Lauren, they are my other parents too."

Smiling, Ny-Lee goes to him and kisses him. It was then interrupted by Chong who clears his throat.

Chong
"If I can't persuade you to change your mind, I will split my team to go with you and protect your brother."

Huan
"What I'm not going."

Ny-Lee
"It's for the best, Huan I don't want to lose you as well."

Huan
*sighs* "Just come back with them."

Roland
"Don't worry, we will."

Ny-Lee
"Ok Chong, leave three of your men to watch over my brother. You and the rest of them follow me, we are going to the Aerial Docks on base."

Chong
"Yes Captain."

Ny-Lee, Roland, and Chong and the rest of his men load on to the truck they came on to the property and start heading to the Capital's central base. After driving through the city, the truck arrive at the entrance checkpoint, where they showed their ID and was let through. As they drive closer the the dock airships, the truck stops in front of twin Pyramidions. On the nose beak reads the names YIS Comet and YIS Lightning. On board both ships stands their respective crew doing maintenance checks. On board the Lightning, her captain is at the hull looking for any cracks. The group in the truck dismount and goes over to the two ships. Ny-Lee them goes over to the captain.

Ny-Lee
"So Commander, I see that you are maintains out ships, so how they hold."

The woman jumps at the surprise and turns to see her.

Syá
"Dang it Ny, scared the hell out of me."

Ny-Lee
*laughing* "Sorry Syá, couldn't help it."

Syá then looks behind her and sees the group of people.

Syá
"Um Ny, what's with this party?"

Ny-Lee
"Well we got mission todo, we are all going out to find my parents."

Syá
"I almost forgot about that, I'm sorry that they got kidnapped."

Ny-Lee
"Don't, I know who are behind this, we just need to got out and find them. One thing, we need you to carry part of out group."

Syá
"No worries, so when at we leaving?"

Ny-Lee
" Now actually, so is both our girls ready?"

Syá
"Ready as they can be."

Nodding, Ny-Lee turns around to the group and call over to them.

Ny-Lee
"Ok time to mount up, honey you will be with me on my ship. Chong, place half of you men on the Commanders ship, the other half will be on mine."

As both crews go about with the organisation, soon both Pyramidions are up in the air and flying out of the city.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 08, 2013, 03:43:51 am
--Wild Winds--

Alex
"It has been years since I've seen your face, you got old."

Zardis
"And so have you, handsome as well."

Alex
"Can't say the same about you, now what are you doing here?"

Zardis
"Can not say, I have business to attend to though."

Alex
"Enigmatic as ever."

He looked over to the table, Gareth and Lyre where looking at both of them. He instantly remembered something.

Alex
"I must go, I have to meet a ship soon, we can talk again later though."

Zardis
"Indeed, though I don't know how long I can stay, business after all."

Alex
"At least stop by, I own a warehouse on the south docks, Newt can give you directions."

He pointed over to Newt who was putting away some glasses, he looked up at the mention of his name but shrugged and went back to work.

Alex
"It's been good seeing you again."

With that he exited the inn and set a course for the docks. Zardis Shrugged and went back to the table.

Zardis
"A good lad. I wonder what happened to that girl of his."

He gave a small chuckle before continuing the meeting.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on August 10, 2013, 03:01:38 am
--Alley behind Wild Winds--

Michael and Kay rounded the corner quietly so as to avoid detection, and scouted the situation, Michael assessing the best course of action.

Michael
Four guys, one small, one large, both walking ahead of the other two. They look unarmed, as far as I can tell.

He gave the signal to Kay and they both crept up. As they got close, Michael accidentally kicked a bottle that was lying on the ground, causing all the captors to turn around.

Kay
"shit."

Michael was still close enough to get in a surprise attack and immediately darted forward, hitting one of the henchmen carrying Quaggan across the head with the butt of his gun, rendering him unconscious. The other henchman then let Quaggan's body drop and tackled Michael to the ground, making his pistol fly out of his hand. Kay then ran up and pulled the henchman off Michael, before swinging him around and slamming him into the alley wall. Michael caught his breath back and got up, but was immediately lifted up by the big man like he was nothing and thrown a good ten feet onto the ground.

He got up again and readied himself for the big man, marching towards him. The big man swung with his fist but was avoided by Michael, who ducked underneath the blow. Michael then blocked an attack from the other direction, but the force made him stumble all the same. He caught a glimpse past the big man of Kay wrestling with the other henchman, apparently trying to get him in a choke hold. While all this was going on, the little man at the back did nothing but try to heave Quaggan's body alone, unsuccessfully.

Michael, in examining the scene behind the big man, didn't notice the big man, who grabbed Michael with both hands, holding him still. Michael wriggled as hard as he could but he could not escape. With his rather heavy boots, Michael grazed his foot as hard as he could down the inside of the man's leg and stamped on his foot hard with his heel. The big man roared in pain but did not let go. Michael then, being held perfectly still, was able to lift both of his legs and make a huge kick to the man's stomach, knocking him backwards and letting Michael drop to the ground.

Kay then, apparently having incapacitated the other henchman, grabbed the same bottle lying on the ground from earlier and smashed the big man over the head with it from behind, knocking him out and also leaving a bloody scar. Michael then picked up his pistol from the ground and pointed it at the little man, who by this point had given up and was running away.

Michael
"Freeze!"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: TrueQuaggan on August 11, 2013, 04:07:14 am
-In a dark alley, outside Wild Winds Inn-
The little man slid a little smoke grenade our of his pouch, and soon the whole alley was engulfed in a thick mist. When everything was clear again, Michael, Kay and Quaggan where the only ones left. That fact soon changed, because Nova joined them seconds after. She took a look around and saw two terrified adventurers, but she felt that they weren't the reason Quggan was hurt. They had their weapon drawn. She turned and gave her master a little push with her head. Quaggan groaned.

Quaggan
"What..what happened?"

Kay
"We rescued you from some kidnappers. Do you have any idea what they would want?"

Quaggan
"I do. They want Nova."

Kay
"Who?"

Nova squeaked. She tried to make it sound like a sound a normal bird would make. It didn't work.

Kay
"Oh"

Quaggan
"Female Sereni beaks look like they are made of gold. In truth, they are just shiny because of what they eat, since they come from a distant island with a lot of strange plants. This one may be the only Sereni that doesn't live there. There were many attempts to get their species out of their habitat, but they all failed. And people like those who kidnapped me would hunt them down anyways. Right now, too many bounty hunters are after her and I want to get her back to where she needs to be. Sadly, my ship was stolen."
 
The two recuers listened in silence, as Quaggan got up while saying his story.

Michael
"So what are you going to do now? Do you need any help?"

Quaggan
"Well, I really don't know how I'm going to make enough money for a ship."

Kay
"There's always some money to be made by doing some..well...risky jobs. You can find a few at the inn. There' a big board there."

Quaggan
"In that case, I need a few crew members."

Kay
"I don't think I can provide any help there. There's usually people at the inn. See if you find anyone willing to help."

Quaggan
"Well, that's it then. I'm heading there right now to get myself some money. Thanks a lot for saving me, I would probably be dead by now. You really are a bunch of nice people."

Kay
"Heheh, no worries. We couldn't let someone die and just walk away, right?"

Michael
"Exactly. Now we gotta go, though, see you around!"

Michael and Quaggan shook hands and then split ways, as Nova took refuge in the warm, cloudless sky.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 11, 2013, 05:35:50 am
--South Docks--

He watched as his ship pulled into port, it's haggard crew keeping her running as they finally settled her into the docking cradle. The crew disembarked one at a time, tired from whatever they where up to, they didn't even have much in the way of salvage, he continued to look over everything when he saw the limp form of Preston being carried off by Richard.

Alex
"Richard, I'm going to ask very carefully, what happened."

Richard
"We got into a tough spot, there were these creatures and apparently they provided a major threat to the Burren, we took them out but Preston is injured and we need to get him looked at."

Alex sighed, it was a tough break for all of them apparently.

Alex
"Get him over to the Inn I'll see about a doctor, in the mean time I'd like to have a list of everything useful you managed to find when I get back."

Richard
"Aye sir, just so you know we wasted about 5 pounds of explosive taking out the nest and what not, we'll need to procure some more."

Alex
"We'll get around to logistics,"

He sighed again, heavily but with a hint of relief in it.

Alex
"I'm just glad you're all safe."

Lorena
"DAD!"

He barely had time to brace himself as 150 pounds of equipment and daughter slammed into him, she wrapped her arms around him in a desperately needed hug, he embraced her as well and they stood on the docks for a few moments, a few onlookers were wondering what was going on, but quickly moved on as a they also found themselves staring down a mortar telling them to "Let them have a moment why don't you." He let go and tussled her hair a bit before speaking.

Alex
"I'm glad your safe, now please please please, can you let go I have a doctor to fetch."

--Wild Winds--

Richard had kind of gotten tired of carrying Preston around but that was mostly due to muscle fatigue and not a lot else. He opened the door to the inn, Newt was on duty with Plasma and Emily going off somewhere apparently. Newt saw him approach before letting out a sigh.

Newt
"What's with all the wounded these days, 2nd floor 4th room on your right."

Richard
"Thanks, and if I could tell ya I would, people get hurt though and it's unavoidable."

Newt
"I'll have a drink ready for ya, what do ya want?"

Richard
"A whisky if you don't mind."

Newt
"I won't question your taste in drinks but what is with you and your friends with whisky?"

Richard gave a small chuckle before answering.

Richard
"It's a Firnfield Militia thing, pay less attention to it, also the captain is bringing a doctor over just so you know."

Newt
"Might as well higher a doctor onto the staff with all the wounded we get, it would make fetching a lot more easier, more like, Hey we've got wounded! Followed by a door opening behind me, a lot more efficient if you tell me, also alcohol poisoning would be sooner dealt with."

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on August 12, 2013, 11:34:28 am
--Control Room, Birdman facility--

Plasma stares at the console, hand pressed tightly over the hole in his ribs. Every ragged breath causes him to wince and press harder against the wound. The thread of the conversation fades in and out of his racing mind. The three people the room at some point became a throng. Emily stands over him, leaning against a wall.

Suddenly a siren begins to blare, rising and falling in urgent warning.

(1)
"I thought you said everything was under control!?"

The color drains from the Birdman's face. The monitors show a group of people, two groups of people. One appears to be leading the prize prisoners to safety, while the others rapidly seem to be advancing on the launch room. His mouth moves but no words come out. His knuckles turn white as he grips the edge of the control panel.

Birdman
"...no. It can't be. How did those maggots...!?"

(3)
"I think it is time we left. We can make it to the ships before they get here."

The birdmen, hurry out of the room, making their way through the few mercenaries left to the launch room where their ships wait. The Birdman stands in stunned silence, while Emily walks over to the monitors to observe the progress of BrdLine's group.
Plasma experiences a sudden moment of clarity. While the two are distracted, he drags himself over to the launch console. The birdmen seem to have just made it to the room, while BrdLine's group is some way off still. His gaze plays over the buttons and levers. He pull the lockout lever and watches the hangar doors and all other entrances to the launch room swing shut. Emily whirls around, and swipes at the air. The knife thuds into Plasma's chest as his hand comes to rest on the large read LAUNCH button.

As he slumps against the control console, he watches the birdmen panic as fire and exhaust flood the bottom of the room. Then the rocket slowly climbs towards the still closed bay doors. He has just enough presence of mind to throw himself to the ground, watching Emily's boots as she sprints from the room. The Birdman is left staring through the glass at the doomed rocket.

The blast shakes the entire facility, ripping open hangar doors and shattering the thick pane of the control room. Nothing is left of the launch room save unrecognizable, charred wood and metal. BdrLine and his group pick themselves off the ground to find the small band of remaining guards running back down the corridor: giving the whole thing up as a bad job. 

BdrLine
"What was that!? Don't tell me they launched the thing!?"

Charles
"I don't think so. That was too much too quickly. They might have tried, and it might have gone wrong."

The group continues unobstructed to the control room. Everything inside has been blasted and thrown about by the force of the explosion. The Birdman lies writhing on the ground, smoldering but alive. Plasma seems a bit charred around the edges, but aside from that and the crimson pool originating from his body and spreading along the floor is... still alive.

BdrLine steps forward, slow raising a shaking pistol.

BdrLine
"This time, you won't be flying away, little bird."

A flash of brilliance and sound later and the defeated Birdman is no longer moving. The group grabs Plasma, who coughs flecks of blood onto the floor, and quickly exits the shattered facility. The sirens wail in futility as the ship takes to the air, following the Venucian might back to Cathedral.

--A bit later--

Plasma opens an eye to find himself bandaged, the whirring of engines filling his ears. Faces swim though his murky vision until he is surrounded by grinning familiar faces.

Plasma
"This is it. I'm dead aren't I?"

Althea
"Not quite, Lieutenant."

Plasma grimaces.

Plasma
"Long time no see, Elite. I haven't been a lieutenant for some time. Well shot of it I think. Military life never quite suited me."



 

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 15, 2013, 05:09:16 am
--Warehouse, South Docks--

Alex
"Richard! Pass me the missile pod why don't ya!?"

The two of them, and Reagan (who had somehow found time off) had been working on their rocket craft they had kept around the warehouse, they were giving it some more combat ability for use in the field, which meant making sure the rocket pods didn't fall off.

Richard
"You know we could've made a profit on that Hwacha."

Alex
"We still have the heavy flaks you know, how did you not get a price on those?"

Reagan
"Inability to do proper paperwork?"

The room fell silent for a moment before they erupted in laughter.

Alex
"Haha, oh you're one to talk you know!"

Richard
"Oh remember the time she accidentally ordered the wrong ammunition types?!"

Reagan
"Oi, it was an accident after all!"

They once again laughed. After a few moments the laughter died down.

Reagan
"Anyway, how's Preston doing?"

Richard
"He was stable when I checked on him before lunch, which wasn't that long ago."

Alex
"Still, I'm worried about him, the four of us served together after all. No time to mope about it, Reagan, grab the spanner and hand it to me."

After a moment of ruffling through the various tools and trinkets in the tool box she finally found what she was looking for, a shiny spanner, she quickly handed it to Alex before replacing the ruptured fuel line. Richard was propping the missile pod in place while Alex was searching for the correct nuts and bolts.

Richard
"Found em yet?"

Alex
"Not yet, I'm going to check the residence, they might be in the bag still, I'll be back in a while."

He waved goodbye before shutting both the workshop door and the warehouse doors. For now however it was just the two of them. To say it was awkward was an understatement, the two of them hadn't had a real conversation since their divorce and even then there was some distaste for one another left over.

Richard
"Well it seems you two have taken a liking to each other."

Reagan
"Please, he wouldn't notice me."

Richard
"Heh, you got that right, I haven't seen him take an interest with any women, not even when we went out for drinks back in the Militia days. Hard to believe that ended 6 years ago, time flies."

Reagan
"Never took an interest in women? Hard to believe, you seem to have had it easy in that department."

Richard
"What makes him him does not make me me."

Reagan
"Yup, he's much more a gentleman then you are!"

Richard
"Oi!"

The two of them looked at each other, then in quick as a flash they laughed. Surprising considering.

Richard
"I haven't had a good laugh like that one."

Reagan
"Yup!"

The two of them sobered for a moment.

Reagan
"Hard to believe I was mercilessly antagonizing you only a few days ago."

Richard
"That pretty much sums up how I feel at this moment."

They sat in silence as they waited for Alex to come back. Once again the atmosphere was awkward yet this time it was more of a "How do I say this?" kind of awkward.

Richard
"Well if there's a time to say it, that is now. So, we cool?"

Reagan
"I guess so."

--Within The Streets of Cathedral, most likely some where near the Inn, which no one knows the exact location of, then again not needed--

Alex was walking back, he finally found the parts he was looking for, which somehow managed to get in the cutlery. He wasn't really paying attention when he ran in a person. The two of them managed to get back on their feet, Alex looked him over when he realized who he was.

Alex
"Ah, it's Captain Walker isn't it?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on August 16, 2013, 04:40:02 pm
*Cough chough* "Damn dust"

Spoon kept coughing a bit more and swept his coat tighter around him. Chathedral was certainly one of the bigger cities he'd ever been to in his life, and compared to his recent time on the dunes, this was a welcome change. The city sprawled around him as he walked up the street. People walking, merchants hassling and children playing, certainly a good change from sand, sand, sand ...and the occacional raiding party he'd now been used to. The tractor hadn't been too hard to sell, and considering the amount of blood still drying on the hood he'd been lucky it'd been a quick affair.

Upon reminiscing how he aquired it he stopped and shuddered a bit. "Well mate, it was you or them, remember that.. They came for you, not the other way around"

As he continued his walk the coughing got worse and worse, and after a while he found himself outside an saloon. Realising he needed something for the troath he stopped, read the sign "Wild Winds Inn", and opened the door. He headed for the bar, ordered a drink and found a suitable booth to rest in for a bit.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on August 17, 2013, 11:27:25 pm
Starlight, Over Endless Salts en Route to Cathedral

Flying at her top speed, BdrLine direct his Goldfish back to Cathedral. Over the barrenness of the Salts, the sun rises as they head east. A calming silence is observed from him as the four ex-Anvalan military personnel rest from the night's mission. Inside the cabin of the vessel rest Plasma as he recovers from his wounds with Althea watching over him. Down on the main deck, the other two find them leaning on a railing looking out at the rising sun with the wind passing through their faces.

As BdrLine looks forward, he starts to recall the recent events from entering the hidden falcility to rescuing his parents and friends to finally watching the final downfall of an enemy that's should have died out long ago. He also remembers that he help with that downfall when he shot the headmaster whereas the others burned from the explosion from the rocket launch. With BdrLine in a daydream state, he didn't notice Althea comes up behind him and hugs his waist while lay her head on his shoulder.

Althea
"So what you thinking about?"

Coming to, BdrLine turns his head slightly to look at her and with a smirk.

BdrLine
"Things."

Rolling her eyes, she pushes him lightly on the side. Laughing a little, he moves an arm and hugs her head.

BdrLine
"Alright, I've been thinking of the past events. *sighs* Finally they are gone for good. No more plots for world domination, schemes of sorts, or anything, now they are just dead, another thing put in history."

Althea
"I'm glad this is all over as well. So your parents alright?"

BdrLine
"They should be, Spike and his crew left with both of them before the explosion, so they should have a head start from us."

Althea
"Thats a relief. Here go take a little rest, you've been flying since we escaped."

BdrLine
"You sure? I think I got *yawn* this for a little bit more."

Letting go of her embrace, Althea takes a step back and places her hands on her hips and stare at her boyfriend. Looking back at her, BdrLine can feel the stare burning deep inside of him and nervously start to chuckle.

BdrLine
"I think you are right, I should get some rest."

BdrLine then leaves the helm where a smiling Althea pecks him on the cheek as he goes inside the cabin with Plasma to take a nap. Althea then takes the empty spot and continue flying east.

Comet

With a spyglass in his hand Roland scans the horizon for anything out of ordinary in the landscape. Throughout most of the night and into the next morning the twin Pyramidion Class ship survey the surrounding area since they left Chang-ning. As he scans the area again, Roland then spots smoke coming out in the distant.

Roland
"Honey look, straight ahead!"

From the helm, Ny-Lee squints her eyes and sees the many black smoke coming up from the horizon. Taking a receiver from the radio next to her, she calls Syá on the Lighting.

Ny-Lee
"Syá, you see smoke up ahead?"

Over the radio
"Yes we see it, looks like something big exploded there, think it has to be related to your parents kidnappers?"

Ny-Lee
"Maybe, come one we need to check this out."

The two ships they fly to the direction of the smoke. Once over the area, both crews stare in shock as there is a massive crater in the cliff side, but it's not the size of the crater that surprised them, what they see inside got them. In the crater they see a smouldering remains of a hidden base of sorts as metal parts are scattered inside as well as the surrounding landscape. Hovering over the hole, those who have optical devices looks at the carnage.

Taking a peek from a spyglass she took from one of her engineers, Ny-Lee looks at the remains of ships and the bodies lying dead inside. She then notices that on some of the ships a recognisable blacken emblem can be seen. She then gets a feeling that this might be the base the Birdmen has taken her parents. She then continuing scanning the exposed floor and sees that some of the bodies are draped in a differents clothing then the others, six in fact. But out of the six, five are charred and crisp, while the sixth one looks not burned at all. Looking closer, she makes an outline of a mask on his face, but with a bullet hole right inbetween the eye holes. Her feeling subsides as a realisation comes to her.

I think my brother did it. He found this base, rescued mom and dad, and finally put these guys into place. He did it.

Closing the spyglass and tossing it back to its original owner, Ny-Lee goes to the radio and changes the frequency.

Ny-Lee
"Captain Zhao to HQ, can you read me?"

Moments pass then a male voice can be heard from the other line

HQ
"This is headquarters, Captain may I ask why you and the Commander left the port without proper authorisation!"

Ny-Lee
"Sorry sir, it just that we received a lead to where the kidnappers have taken my parents. We are now over the site."

HQ
"hmm alright, I let this slide since this is dealing with your parents. So Captain did you retrieve your parents?"

Ny-Lee
"No sir, it looks like they have been taken else where and we are in pursuit. But we need a team here to investigate the kidnappers base."

HQ
"Ok tell me the coordinates and I send in a squad."

Ny-Lee
"Make it more like a platoon, this base look much bigger on the inside. But here are the coordinates."

She then tells over the radio the numbers for the area they are in.

HQ
"Coordinates recieve, we'll send in the party as soon as possible. Now you told me that your are in pursuit of who has your parents."

Ny-Lee
"Yes sir."

HQ
"Captain, we want you and the Commander to rescue them as soon as possible."

Ny-Lee
"Yes sir, Captain Zhao out."

The radio then turns silent as the connection to HQ cuts out. Ny-Lee then turns back to Syá's frequency.

Syá
"I heard everything on my end. So those scumbags are still out there with your parents, tell me the heading and we'll blow them out of the sky for this."

Ny-Lee
Syá relax,my parents are safe."

Syá
"Wait, what? I heard that you said they were taken again. How can you be sure they are safe?"

Ny-Lee
"Because, I have a feeling that the ones that done this have rescued my parents already."

Syá
"Then why did you say we are still in pursuit?"

Ny-Lee
"Gives us some time to relax a bit. Come on, follow me east and see if we can spot an 'odd' looking Goldfish."

Syá
"Well if you say so Cap. You lead I follow."

The two Pyramidions then fly past the destruction heading east to see if by chance they can catche up to Ny-Lee's brother's Goldfish.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on August 19, 2013, 05:18:12 pm
"Eh Dusty, wake up! Your turn mate"

*ugh* Spoon opened his eyes as an elbow suddenly made contact with his face and almost sent him flying of the couch. Fairly disoriented, he pulled himself back up and grasped his face.

*Hey Bill, for flak sake. Don't knock the guy out again..  Here's your cards Dusty."

Spoon stared a bit at the man on the opposite side of the table, now reaching out a set of cards for him. The man stared back at Spoon for a while, blinked, then coughed and waved the cards once more. Spoon stared a bit longer, then turned his head to observe the rest of his former lone booth. Around him sat four rough men dressed in rugged outfits, each one holding a set of five cards and observing each other with vary. On the table lay various coins and trinkets, formed in pillars and piles. To his right, the assumed to be, Bill brushed of his elbow a bit and let out a deep laughter.

He looked down on his own robes. Designed for the unforgiving nature of the dunes they certainly had helped against sun and sand. But they where indeed dusty. Looking back at the man in front of him, he finally got the hunch and grabbed the cards. Sighing, the man turned his eyes to the rest of the company and started dividing some coins on the table. The rest of the men followed suit, and Spoon proceeded to study his own cards as various shouts of "call", "raise" and "fold" where heard. Unfortunately for Spoon, he'd only played poker a few times before ..and he'd hardly been at full consciousness at the times.

*Cough cough* Spoon looked up at the men, now all staring at him. Apparently it was his turn... He stared a bit on the cards, then shouted "call" and put down his whole hand on the table, showing nothing more than a bunch of high cards and a single pair. The whole company burst into laughter while the man in front of him put the palm of his hand on his face and sighted.

"You're not supposed to show your hand just yet matey"

Realising his mistake, Spoon quickly put his hand up again and pushed a few coins in against the mid of the table, as he'd observed the others doing. More sighting and laughter erupted as the game continued. While he started to regain more and more consciousness, he still had no idea of how much he was just spending on these men he didn't even know.

What... What is going on exactly?
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on August 19, 2013, 05:33:30 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

Zardis
"Ah, almost forgot."

he pulled the papers back out from his pocket, now slightly crumpled. Except for the letter itself, which Zardis took care to keep in pristine condition. He then laid out what papers he could on the table and started examining the letter.

Lyre
"Are you sure it's wise to just have that out in the open?"

Zardis
"Why, who'd possibly want it?"

Lyre
"Oh, I don't know, the Yeshan authority you stole it from."

Zardis
"They don't want the letter, they want me. The Tiger already read the letter by the time I stole it."

Lyre
"Well, if you insist, carry on."

Zardis said nothing and, instead, just continued to pore over the papers, apparently making little progress.

Gareth
"Look, this clearly isn't working."

Zardis looked up from the letter.

Gareth
"You said it yourself, you've only managed to decipher the word Vyshtorg, and that's only because it's not even in code."

Gareth laughed a little as he said the last part, pointing at the letter, where the word 'Vyshtorg' was written clearly uncoded on the first paragraph.

Lyre
"You're making no progress, and you won't ever like this."

Zardis
"Well, what do you suggest? Do you happen to know anyone high in Yeshan authority? Someone who could read their codes?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 19, 2013, 06:51:28 pm
--The Quests End Brothel--

Alex
"Was going to this place really necessary?"

Walker
"You know, now that I think of it not really."

The two of them had walked over after encountering each other in the streets, the good captain apparently had something he needed to ask him.

Alex
"Well to business then, what do you need of me?"

Walker
"I need you to pick up something, a shipment for the guard here is currently in the city of Landmark, I need someone to pick it up and bring to Cathedral."

Alex
"Ok, what's the package?"

Walker
"Ships, if you didn't know Landmark has one of the largest shipyards available, they also have close ties to Cathedral, they have provided these vessels at a discounted price and while the order was still fairly expensive we need those ships."

Alex
"That's Arashi territory isn't it?"

Walker
"Arashi or not they wouldn't dare attack attack a ship from Cathedral, being one of the largest trade cities as well as neutral territory it would not end well for them to do so."

A rather scantily clothed waitress asked if they wanted something to drink, Walker asked for some complicated drink, something about it being shaken, not stirred, Alex didn't order anything, seeing he's already had enough to drink earlier.

Walker
"Anyways, I need someone to escort the vessels carrying the crews for our new ships, well a few someones that is. We have a galleon that was on patrol during the incident and it is currently available to carry the crews, we need several vessels to escort it to its destination and back again."

Alex
"What about the rest of the remaining guard fleet? Why pay someone when you have those vessels?"

Walker
"Because we need those vessels patrolling Cathedral and it's outlying towns and trade routes, we currently do not have the manpower to spare for this mission. So will you take the job or not?"

Alex
"Definitely a change from salvaging, what are you paying?"

Walker
"In the upwards of 3000 crowns, a fair paying job, of course you will have to provide food and other supplies yourself but it is a decent amount, what do you say?"

Alex
"I'll have to consult the crew, until later then Captain Walker."

The two of them shook hands, the scantily clad waitress deposited the Captain's drink who slammed it down, leaving the money on the table the two of them walked out and went their separate ways.

--Wild Winds--

Preston had been up for about an hour or so now and decided being mauled by dog like creatures was something he should never do again, he was also rather sore and decided laying in bed was a better alternative to walking around painfully at the moment. A half eaten sandwich lay on a plate on the bedside table next to him. A bag of clothes was situated next to it, he hadn't looked at it yet considering. A few other bags were left lying around, his carbine was also among them, the Captain apparently modified it with a collapsible stock which was fairly handy. He finally decided, against his better judgment, to stand up and change out of his current set of clothes. Carefully he swung he legs over the side of the bed and reached over to the bag, it stung a bit but not as bad as it did earlier. Inside a new vest and shirt, coupled with nice coat and some pants were nicely folded inside, he took each garment out one by one to examine them, finding them to his satisfaction he put them on readily, also finding a pair of boots tucked away in another bag he felt ready to take on the world, as long as he didn't have fight anything. He placed the rifle on his back and began combining the contents of the various bags into the larger bag that once housed his new outfit, a few new tools, mainly some chemspray, a pipe wench, a dynabuff hammer (He could never figure out how they did what they did), as well as a tarp which he assumed was a joke, he'd probably find a use for it later. Lifting the bag wasn't much of an issue even though it kind of hurt. He opened the door and walked into the bar area of the Inn, the bartender took one look at him as he was walking over.

Newt
"I'm going to guess you want a whiskey?"

Preston
"How did you know that exactly?"

Newt
"Call it a hunch but really just about everyone associated with you that comes in here orders a whiskey in some way, shape, or form, whether it's just a straight up whiskey, a cocktail that involves whiskey, or some fancied up whiskey, well that or gin really."

Preston
"Right, I'll just take a whiskey thankyouverymuch."

Newt just shrugged and poured him a glass then just went back to taking orders from the other patrons, at the other side of the bar he could see Gareth and Lyre talking to some man about something really, he couldn't really be sure. Looking over the opposite end he could see four rather boisterous men and one rather confused one playing a round or two of poker, the confused one seemed confused, really confused about his current surroundings, another hand was passed out and after a few shouts all four men looked at the fifth and realized he somehow had won the pot, which by the looks of it was fairly large.

Preston
"Boy, I hope there isn't a bar fight, Captain always tells me bar fights are good way to let off steam but I'd rather not have a door kicked in my face."

Newt
"You said it."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on August 20, 2013, 03:10:54 pm
--The Northern Docks--

The Starlight sets down with little fanfare. Plasma, mostly recovered, limps off the ship and engages in conversation with one of the guards. He produces some small object which the guard briefly examines. They exchange nods and the guard leaves with a brisk stride.
Plasma turns to BdrLine who's followed him off the ship.

Plasma
"Hopefully that'll be the evidence they require. They'll send the payment to the Wild Winds, and we can divide it up."

He limps over to the door and throws it open, stumbling into the street.

--Wild Winds Inn, a few minutes later--

The door of the Wild Winds swings open, and a slightly battered Plasma stands in the threshold. He glances around the room, nodding to those he recognizes, gaze sticking on Spoon. He exchanges a quick glance with Newt, pointedly Jerking his head over to the erratic man before beelining to the door and ascending the stairs to his room.

Newt rolls his eyes, but puts down the tankard he was cleaning. He moves over to the table Spoon sits (for lack of a better term) at. He glares around at the other men. Slamming a large hand down on the table.

Newt
"You've won enough of this one to be getting on. I think it's time you paid for those drinks."

The men grumble, and pool some coin before shoving it at Newt.
He turns to Spoon after pocketing the money. Slapping him awake.

Newt
"Looks like you've come a long way. Might want a bath, and some Laundry. I know folks who can take care o' both those things for you. You're also welcome to a room, seems to me you could use a bit of rest. Welcome to the Wild Winds."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on August 20, 2013, 04:51:20 pm
Newt
"Looks ...Bzzzt ..a long way. Might want a bath.. .. ... ..laundry. I know folks ...Bzzzz  zzz... those things for you. You're... Bzzz z zz zzzz..z.z zzz...   ..  Welcome to the Wild Winds."

There it was again, that buzzing sound. Spoon raised his hand, once again feeling the squareish scar down the back of his head. Must have been the slap he'd just gotten. He let out a few more punches against his own back head and shook it violently. There.. now it stopped. He turned once again to Newt.

Spoon
*Cough, cough* "I'm sorry what?"

Newt
*sigh* Do.. you..  need a room?

Spoon
A room? Now that would be quite excellent!

He flipped a coin at Newt, which sadly landed about half a meter to his right. After staring a bit on Newt he then instead pushed a pile of coins from his newly aquired pool.

Spoon
This would be enough, right?

Newt
Right...
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on August 21, 2013, 12:00:32 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

A coin landed right in front of Zardis, startling him a bit. He shot Spoon a distasteful look and discretely pocketed the coin, whistling a bit as he did so, or trying to at least. Then Gareth came back from the bar, bringing some decent sized drinks for the three.

Gareth & Lyre
"Cheers."

Zardis
"I guess."

They all took a drink. But Zardis took his for longer, a lot longer, finishing the pint in one. By this point Gareth and Lyre had given up unravelling the inner workings of Zardis' mind and instead just accepted that Zardis didn't exactly have all of his cogs intact. But he was still sane for the most part, and, thankfully, could act so reliably when it was required.

After the sixth hastily ingested pint Zardis still did not seem entirely drunk, at least, not on the surface. His mannerisms were still intact and his speech did not slur. One would have thought him completely sober had it not been for what actually came out of his mouth.

Zardis
"I'm telling you, man, whales. Skywhales. They were behind it all, the great war, the red death, all of it."

Lyre
"yahuh."

Zardis
"I once punched Isaac Phillips."

Gareth
"Of course."

Zardis
"He copied me."

Lyre
"That was over fifty years ago, you weren't even alive."

Zardis ignored her and stuffed his notes and letter in his pocket, as Gareth and Lyre lokked at each other and then back to him.

Gareth
"Well, we were going to get some sleep. And we rented you one too. So... remember to get some sleep yourself, and stay out of trouble."

Zardis' suddenly seemed to return to his usual self for a moment as he said, rather menacingly, "I won't."

Gareth and Lyre then got up and made their way upstairs, while Zardis sat and went into deep thought. He struggled to come up with any way to find someone to decipher the letter. It needed to be discrete, reliable, safe. The it struck him. He pulled out one of his useless note pages and wrote roughly on the blank side.

Wanted: Someone who can decipher Yeshan political code
Task: Decipher this letter I stole from Yeshan authority
Reward: Personal pride and satisfaction
Contact: Zardis Lang Dacrain

Zardis
"Perfect."

He then got a pin and stuck the paper to the notice board, taking a moment to admire his own genius. He then made for the staircase and stumbled up the stairs to his room.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on August 22, 2013, 01:07:02 am
--Northern Docks, Cathedral--

BdrLine nods to Plasma as he turns and heads into the city streets. As BdrLine loses sight of him, he turns around and back onto his ship where the rest of his crew waits near the gangplank. As he gets on, the others surround him.

Charles
"Finally this is over. So Bdr, what now?"

BdrLine
"I bet Spike and his crew arrived here earlier on Plasma's ship. Now we just have to look for them and find my parents."

Courage
"I'm guessing we are splitting up to cover more ground. And that you and Althea go that-a-way while Charles and I somewhere else."

BdrLine
*chuckles* "Almost like you read my mind."

Courage puts up a finger in a knowingly fashion
"Ok whenever us four get together for something, and we get split up. You always go off with your girl. So that's just a proven fact."

In the background Charles nods in agreement with a small amusing smile on his face. With what Courage said, BdrLine raises an eyebrow as he thinks of all the moments when they split up. He looks in the air as he nods to each particular memory.

BdrLine
"huh, I guess you are right. But in all honesty, would you two even keep up with an Elite?"

Charles
*small laugh* "You got a point ther Bdr. But shouldn't we go find that ship now?"

On that note, the four split off into their respective pairs as BdrLine and Althea heads off in one direction while the other two in another. Around a half an hour of searching, Althea notices what looks like Spike talking to a guardsman, behind them lies what looks like Plasma's Junker. She tugs on BdrLines sleeve and points towards their general direction. As he looks into the distance, BdrLine then notices Spike as he and the guard leave with Spike going back to the ship. As BdrLine and Althea approach the ship, Spike, his crew, and BdrLine's parents exits off it.

BdrLine
"Hey Spike, hold on for a sec!"

As BdrLine yells, Spike turns around to see who was calling him and spots the pair rushing towards them. As the two arrives, BdrLine extends a hand to him.

BdrLine
"Hey thanks for getting my parents out of there. Really appreciate it. So how are they?"

Spike
"No problem, just hope that me and my crew get our share and we'll be fine. Amd about your parents, they are a little beaten up from the ordeal, but nothing major."

Spike then moves his body to show BdrLine that his parents are safe. As he moved, BdrLine walks past him and embrace the two.

BdrLine
"Oh thank Gods you guys are safe."

Shen and Liu hugs him back as they are relieved that the worst is now over.

Liu
"Azn dear, I'm so glad to see your face after all this, thank you for you and your friends to come rescue us."

Shen
"Yes son, thank you, we thought this would have been the end for us. But now what about those devious bird brains."

BdrLine
"Dead, the whole organisation leadership dead. This will be the final time we will hear from them."

Breaking the embrace, Shen places an arm around his son as Liu looks at the two of them.

Shen
"That is great news, no more world domination groups. So hmm, this is Cathedral, first time I actually came to this city honestly."

As Shen and Liu looks at the view of the city from where they were, Spike and his group left them be so that they can find their ship again, while Althea stands behind the three Zhaos and coughs to get their attention. Hearing this, all three turn around and sees her standing there.

Forgetting that she was still with them, BdrLine goes red from embarrassment and goes over to Althea.

BdrLine
"Mom, dad, you remember Althea, right."

Liu
"How couldn't we, she is the one who you took a major interest in. And we are glad you did. So Althea, I hope my son hasn't done anything too rash or anything along the lines of that."

Althea
*stifling a giggle* "Oh no ma'am I think your son has done the right among of craziness and randomness I believe."

BdrLine
"MOTHER!"

Liu
"Oh come on Azn, you know I'm joking. But since now we are safe here in Cathedral, Shen honey, you think you mind if we stay here for awhile. Take a little break since we did got out of this whole ordeal."

Shen
"I guess why not, but I do have to inform the Emperor and the Body that we are now safe. Son know a place where we can stay?"

BdrLine
"I know just the place, come one."

The three then follows BdrLine as they lead them out of the docks and into the city. On their way, BdrLine spots Charles and Courage and calls over to them as they already found his parents. Together again, the six person group heads over to the Wild Winds Inn where they enter and spot Newt.

BdrLine
"Hey Newt, got any more rooms available?"

Shen
"And a long range radio by any chance?"

Newt
"We do have a rew more rooms open, so you and your lot can take those, as for a radio, might want to check with the post office, they should have one."

BdrLine
"Thanks."

They then turn to head upstairs to find their rooms. before heading up, BdrLine glances around the room to see if who was there and spots someone very familiar, drunk but familiar. Instead of following the rest, BdrLine walks towards the man and recognises that it was Spoon.

BdrLine
"SPOON! I can't believe it's you. So how is our old Sergeant of the Baronies?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 23, 2013, 04:06:12 am
--South Docks--

Alex had finally made it back to the docks, though the warehouse was still a far ways off. It wasn't that much of an issue, as he walked the pier several fairly large passenger vessels were docking, he stood and watched as well dressed men, women and children walked off the gangplanks with luggage following them, not everyone was well dressed, all of them had decent clothes on, though some had finer things on their person. It was a contrast with the colorless deserts and the ruined cities that dotted the landscapes, frankly it made him happy, as if the world hadn't ended all those years ago, of course it did and humanity was finally rolling again, it would take time for the former glory to retained but, man had taken to skies once more and that was all that mattered. He was about to make his back to the warehouse when a random set of arms took hold of him.

"Ahh there you are Clive, come along now."

He turned his head to see a young women tugging on his trench coat urging him to follow, rather confused he did however see Richard walking nearby, he hastily wrote down the details of the contract and popped them into the bag. He tied the open end of the bag and threw it over the crowd right into his head as he was dragged off. Richard feeling the bag impact his head, picked it up, inside a note from the captain read that he had a contract and the details were inside, sighing he began walking back to the warehouse to drop off the set of nuts and bolts he found inside before heading the residence, at least they were packaged.

--Wild Winds--

Preston decided he had talked enough with the barkeep this evening and decided it would be best to get back when the captain was dragged in by some lady, he was going to speak up but the captain silently shushed him as he was taken upstairs. Shrugging he picked up his bag and carbine and began the walk back to the crew residence in the city. Alex on the other hand was thrown into a room in the inn, they were, thankfully, alone. He did however decide it would be best to get some answers out of her.

Alex
"Alright I'll bite, who are you?"

"A bit to the point aren't you?"

Alex
"I like to know who I'm going to do business with."

"Ack!"

That got her, he obviously nailed it right on the head, now all he needed to know what was going on.

"Ok fine, Amelia Lockheart, and I need someone to be my husband."

Alex
"What?"

Amelia
"Well not like that banshee-for-brains! My parents have been berating me about getting married and finding a man and what not, well they want me to come visit with a man, they think I've found a man or something seeing as I've been able support myself, my parents are fairly old fashioned, anyways they plan on sending several servants to come retrieve me if I don't go, and if I don't bring anyone they'll assume I left him behind to keep up some charade that doesn't exist and-"

Alex
"Are you alright?"

She was looking rather worn out and out of breathe, she looked at him for a moment before continuing.

Amelia
"Huh? Yeah I'm fine, I just get worked up easily about things and I really don't know how to handle it and so I-"

Alex
"Again, calm down. Now explain where I come into this? It sounds if I go along with this charade it might make things worse for you."

Amelia
"Well I kind of planned........ I don't know anymore."

She plopped down on the other bed defeated, and tired by the looks of it.

Amelia
"I just want my parents to stop asking about someone, I mean I love them and all but always asking about if I have found a guy just gets irritating."

Alex
"Sounds like you just need to talk to your parents, no elaborate plan can fix that."

Amelia
"Still they at least want me to come visit them."

He gave a long drawn out sigh.

Alex
"Alright where do they live?"

Amelia
"That's actually kind of why I approached you, they live in Landmark, and I kind of over heard your conversation."

She actually looked like a lost child at that moment, and as a father was kind of hard to resist.

Alex
"Fine, you can come with us. You'll have to bring your own food though, preferably canned goods and the like."

Amelia
"Really!? Oh thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou!"

Definitely a child, not only that but she jumped on him and held him close, too close, though thankfully his previously father like thoughts managed to block his man thoughts from becoming active, now all he need to do was find a way get her off him.

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on August 23, 2013, 12:55:19 pm
"Bzzzztsss zzz..zzz zz ..how is our old Sergeant of the Baronies?"
Spoon shook his head once more to try and get rid of the static he'd just felt, then turned in great surprise as the familiar Yeshan stepped in front of him.

Spoon
"Azn? Holy hell, what are you doing here? I can't believe it's you. When was it last? The battle of Anvala right, hah! Hang on let me buy you a drin..."


Spoon stopped dead in his tracks as he suddenly saw the familiar woman walking past them in the bar. He stared for a second or two, then almost jumped out of the seat as he swung his robe open and drew his revolver.

Spoon
*Click* "Finally I found you. YOU little..."

BrdLine
"Spoon what the hell!? She's.."

Althea
"Who the hell are you?

Spoon
"Don't remember huh?

Still aiming at Althea he used his other hand to open his left pocket, picking up a worn scroll of paper. He rolled it up and threw the warrant for Honeybadger on the floor in front of them.

Spoon
Remember this man? Well, DO YOU?!

Althea
What the?

Spoon
You killed this man... killed him in cold blood  ...He was my brother dammit!

Charles and Courage looked at each other as they just remembered the quite unusual conversation they'd had right after the battle of anvala, with a then believed to be no-important bum. Suddenly another click was heard behind spoon.

BrdLine
I'm afraid I can't let you do that Spoon

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on August 23, 2013, 03:00:34 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

Feeling the pistol barrel on the back of his neck, Spoon knew he would get it if he did something rash. Holding both his arms up, Charles goes over and retrieve the pistol from Spoon's hand.

BdrLine
"Sorry Spoon about this, but let us explain once you wake up."

Spoon
"wha?"

As Spoon as about to turn around to look at BdrLine, Bdr pistol whip him on e back knocking Spoon out cold. The four gather around his limp frame and look down at him with some confusion.

Charles
"So this is the guy we send to the Asylum, I didn't know you knew him Bdr."

BdrLine
"Yeah, back when everyone was hanging out at the saloon. Nice guy, Spoon, it was some back luck and some of Yiski's brews that made him seem crazy."

Courage
"So what do we do with him?"

BdrLine
"When he wakes, we'll explain the whole situation about what happen to his brother. Now.... Hey Newt, you have a couch around here?"

Newt looks up at the mention of his name and tilt his head towards the lounge. Thanking him, BdrLine grab Spoon under his armpit and drags him over. Lifting his body, BdrLine lays Spoon on the couch, before he goes back to his buddies, BdrLine looks back at him and remembers the many situations where he has to lie on a couch.

*chcukles* Like old times.

He then walks back to the three.

BdrLine
"What a day, I don't know about you guys, but I'm heading up for some sleep."

Courage
"Same here, wait Bdr, what about money? Once we leave, we need tory off our stay here."

BdrLine
"Plasma said that he'll split the reward money between all of us. If its not enough, I'll call Tommy tomorrow to see if he can transfer some gold to us here. Well if you need anything else, night you guys."

Charles
"Night Bdr. So Courage, up for a pint?"

Courage
"After all this, im with you on that. How about you Althea?"

Althea
"im tired as well, so I'll be following Azn."

Courage
*snicker* "Well have fun you two."

Althea
"Don't make me do something to you that you'll regret."

Courage
"Alright, alright. Night sheesh."

With that BdrLine and Althea goes up to one of the open rooms and both lie down unceremoniously on top of the mattress as they drift of into a deep sleep. Back downstairs, Charles and Courage heads to the bar and opens a few rounds for them. As for Shen and Liu, both are in their rooms upstairs thanking themselves as they are alive and well before going off into sleep as well.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on August 23, 2013, 03:58:07 pm
--Narrator--

The day drew to a close, as darkness closed around Spoon's mind. His final view of the inn was of an alarmed patron staring at his falling body. Then blissful black.
Newt catches shouts at BdrLine for a moment, possibly only because shouting at Spoon is pointless, and then gruffly tells the group it's about time they got up to their rooms anyway.

But it's clear he is rather pleased with the way the situation played out, if only because it meant no calling of guards or mopping of blood. He gives the last call to the customers, and begins to set chairs up on tables. Stopping to examine a poster on the bounty board. He shakes his head, but leaves it posted.

With the thread of the Birdmen finished once and for eternity, things had begun to settle back into the natural pattern of the Wild Winds. The news of the victory was spreading in whispers through the city. The only information they seemed to have was the the Yeshan Nobility were involved, and the bounty at the Wild Winds had been claimed.

The last man out of the Wild Winds, a traveler in a desert wrap paused outside, glancing up at the second and third floors of the building.

Man of Dust
"They have done well. They will be useful."

He nods to a stray gazing curiously up at him, before departing into the night.

--End of Day 9--

Musical Interlude

Never gonna give you up!
Never gonna let you down!
Never gonna run around and-

Click

--Start of Day 10--

--Narration--
The next day dawns blearily. Rain beats down from dark clouds that arrived in the night. The streets are small rivers where paved, and muddy paths where not. Few folks and fewer ships are out and about in such depressing weather. Plasma limps down from his room early to open the bar and the trading counter. Newt is nowhere to be seen, and Plasma lifts a note off the counter.

Plasma,

Taking the day off.
New girl will start later, she'll come find you.
You're on your own until she get's here.

-Newt

P.S. I want to know what happened to Emily eventually.
In your own time.


--End Narration--

Plasma puts down the paper, muttering something under his breath. He sets the tables, clears up a few documents at the trading counter, and unlocks the door.
Immediately several regulars stampede into the room. The small porch over the door does little to protect more than two or three people. Plasma sighs and begins to take drink orders. Then grabs a mop, morosely wiping away the intrusion of the weather.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on August 23, 2013, 04:50:43 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

Gareth decided that morning to let Lyre have some more rest and head downstairs alone. It was still relatively early in the morning and Zardis must have been extremely hungover. This made it all the more surprising for Gareth to see Zardis up and sitting at a table, engaging in conversation with a hooded stranger.

Gareth
"That man is an enigma."

He walked over to Zardis' table, giving Plasma a small nod as he passed. As he got closer he thought he saw Zardis hastily scrunch up a piece of paper that was on the table, some sort of poster, and put it in his pocket, probably after noticing Gareth's approach. Just as he got to the table the stranger looked up at Gareth. The most striking thing about the man's face was his missing left eye, which was covered by a patch.

Stranger
"Does the man need something?"

Gareth
"Your name would be a good start."

The stranger's aura turned rather hostile and defensive as he stared down Gareth. His look was so sharp and piercing it seemed to paralyse Gareth in his spot.

Zardis
"It's alright, Balor, he's alright."

Balor
"If the wolf insists."

He looked away from Gareth and down at the table. Gareth felt as though a great weight had been lifted off him as soon as Balor turned away.

Gareth
"Are you acquainted?"

Zardis
"We're definitely not friends. I'm not sure Balor has any friends. But he took me up on my contract."

Gareth
"What contract?"

Zardis
"The contract to decipher the letter."

Gareth
"That was quick. How did you find him so fast?"

Zardis
"I just, you know... put up a poster on the board."

Gareth
"...Stating that you had a top secret letter you STOLE from Yeshan high command."

Zardis
"Yes."

Balor
"It was an awful idea. I imagine the wolf was drunk when he did it."

Gareth
"Yeah... well, I guess it's alright as long as no one else saw it."

Balor
"I cant promise that."

Zardis
"I'm gonna get something to eat... or drink."

Zardis got up and left Gareth and Balor to their own devices as he meandered his way over to the bar. At this point he was still slightly worried about drawing attention to himself, but he imagined it would be alright... probably. He arrived at Plasma's counter.

Zardis
"Something weak please."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on August 23, 2013, 05:31:51 pm
Plasma gives Zardis a once-over as he pulls a light amber colored drink from a tap decorated with a conch shell.
He plops it down, and then leans over the counter, sliding the drink towards the man.

Plasma
"I'd be careful, friend. You're tangling with some rough characters there. Now, it's none of my business who you're friends are, but if the inn has to provide...protective services at any point-"

He glances pointedly at the revolver tucked into a shoulder holster. Then straightens cheerfully, picking up a glass to clean.

Plasma
"-well, I'll be putting it on your tab."

He looks over a Gareth and shoots him a quick wink, before meandering down the counter to serve another patron. 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 24, 2013, 08:47:02 am
--Crew Residence--

Alex
"-And that's the gist of really."

Reynold
"So the guard wants us to escort the galleon, that has had most of it's combat ability removed and replace with crew berths, into the Arashi League, through miles of desert and then back again, but stall them long enough so we can bring this lady we don't even know to her parents and then back to Cathedral."

Richard
"Yeah that pretty much sums it up."

Lorena
"The pay's also pretty good as well, is that per person or the crew as a whole?"

Richard
"According to the contract, for every 4 members of crew, seeing as that is fairly standard for ships these days."

Preston
"How long is the voy-ow-age again?"

Phillip
"Considering we have to escort a galleon I'd peg it at around 3 days, maybe 2 if the conditions are right. By the way is your arm alright?"

Preston
"It's just rather sore."

Dalhia
"Wait, what was this I hear about an unarmed galleon?"

The questions continued in a fairly haphazard form for the next half an hour or so, the general consensus would be they would take it, however Alex just realized something."

Alex
"Richard I thought you explained the contract to them yesterday."

Richard
"Well I thought I did."

He sort of faltered off and went back to eating his breakfast, the other crew members were chatting with one another over the meal, Alex motioned for Richard to follow for a moment, the two of them went around to the back of the house while the others were still busy eating.

Alex
"Is it ready?"

Richard
"Ready as it will ever be, I'd like to stress test it more but it should hold."

Alex
"Yeah well we don't have luxury of time at the moment, we do have a few till we set off though, bring Reynold and Lorena to take a look at it, I'm going to head over to the guard barracks and inquire about the other vessels joining us."

Richard
"Got it, I'll see you soon then."

Alex
"Also I've told our passenger to meet us at the ship, when she arrives get her on board so we don't have to worry about it later."

Richard
"Will do."

--Guard Headquarters--

The place seemed to be filled with fairly new officers if the rank insignia's were anything to go by, everywhere older officers had a small group of newer ones apparently taking notes on everything they did, it was rather apparent now just how many they lost during the race though by the looks of it everyone was determined to make sure it didn't happen again. Still he needed to find Captain Walker, looking around he did find a rather familiar face leading a bunch of guards in training.

Alex
"Well, apparently you're doing something productive."

Reagan turned her head to look at him, her several trainees turned to follow her.

Reagan
"Well, it doesn't seem like you are, unless you're here to join us."

Alex
"Actually I'm looking Walker about a job he proposed to me the other day."

Reagan
"He's at the docks actually, something about berating the man who thought taking off most of a galleons weapons off was a good idea."

Alex
"Ah, well I'll be on my way then. See ya around Reagan."

Reagan
"You too."

And with that he took the door out and headed over to the docks. It wasn't that far to be honest, the main dock of the city was fairly close by seeing as the guard is responsible going into and out of the harbor. And then it didn't take him long to find the captain, seeing as he was lecturing, quite loudly, why taking a vessels guns off was a bad idea as several refit cranes were working to replace it's equipment. He took a break long enough to notice Alex walking up to him.

Walker
"Ahh, come about the job have you?"

Alex
"Yeah, we'll take the job, I would however like to know what other ships will be joining us."

Walker
"More or less an assortment of lighter vessels, a few Goldfish, a Pyramidion, a Spire, and your Junker from the looks of it."

Alex
"A lot of money you're paying for this mission."

Walker
"We paid more for those ships, a hell of a lot more, still, we'll have you signed on for the payroll when you return. Good luck out there captain."

Alex
"From the look of things we'll need it."

Dockworker
"The Galleon has been rearmed and is ready for combat."

Walker
"Good, now if you'll be excusing me, I have a lecture to continue."

Alex
"I'm must be going soon anyways, finish planning this entire thing."

Walker
"Well I'll make sure to see you off."

Alex
"Appreciated.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on August 24, 2013, 10:08:47 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Zardis took his drink from Plasma and walked back to his table. He paid little attention to Plasma's advice, not out of disrespect, but out of already being fully aware of the danger that surrounds, yet never touches Balor. He took a seat again and brought out the letter, setting it down in front of Balor.

Balor
"I assume this is it."

Zardis
"Yeah. Do you know the code?"

Balor
"Of course, it's elementary. I've even learned the code off by heart."

Gareth
"Well, that's amazing. Then what does it say?"

Balor said nothing, but laid his hand down on the table palm-up. After a lengthy pause, Zardis grunted and unwillingly pulled out a coin pouch and dropped it into Balor's hand. Balor then withdrew his hand and pocketed the pouch.

Balor
"The letter reads as follows..."

Regarding Vyshtorg

Forgive my bluntness but this is written in the greatest of haste. The Ninth proclamation of the 50th consulate decrees and encourages the great expansion of our Empire through military means when diplomacy has failed. But the proclamation does not take into account another method. The city of Vyshtorg lies at the centre of the world's greatest and widest ranging spider web of connections, reaching from Qinqaachi to Iscadon. In pure terms of influence, it could be argued they surpass our empire. My proposition is that of puppeteering the Guild. To wield their guildhouses as a weapon of insidious indoctrination. One could use them to rig elections, cut off trade to resisting cities.

In order to achieve this goal it would undoubtedly require military action, which is why I write to you. My role as the Deer is to handle trade, which I shall once Vyshtorg's high tower has been acquired. But it is in your hands, as the Tiger, to achieve this end. Use any method you feel is appropriate. I only ask that it is quiet, and the Guild's loyalty is thoroughly ensured.

Soon the Blue Veil shall cover most of the known world, and all shall follow our enlightened rule.



Zardis
"...Well that's not good."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on August 25, 2013, 12:08:14 am
(sorry about the wall of text)

Wild Winds Inn, Cathedral

The next day, BdrLine wakes up groggy. After going immediately to sleep the night before, much of what he wore on the mission was still on him. Sitting up, he feels another form on the bed with him and sees that Althea is still asleep. Not wanting to wake her up, BdrLine stands and moves to exit his room.

In the hall, he also spots that Charles is getting out of his room as well as his father. Walking to meet them, the three exchanges mornings and head downstairs and find a table to sit at. As they near the table, BdrLine still notices thatSpoon is still out cold and on the couch.

He'll come too... Eventually.

As they sit, they hear the weather outside as the patter of raindrops hit the streets and roof of the building.

Charles
"Hmm some morning at it?"

BdrLine
"Hey it could be worse, at least it not like Anvala when the cold winds hit from the north."

Charles
*shivers * " You got that right. So um, Mr. Zhao ..."

Shen
"Pleas just call me Shen."

Charles
"Alright, so Shen now that you are safe don't we need to contact someone from Yesha to let them know you are here?"

Shen
"In matter of fact, I was going to see if the postal had a long range transmitter and call in o let them know I am rescued."

BdrLine
"And I'll be going with my dad as well to ask Tommy if he can transfer some money from my account to here. By the looks of it, you and mom needs some new clothing after going through that."

Shen looks down at his ragged clothes and back to his son
"I guess so, but all in all, I'm just glad you mother and I are alive. Thanks to all of you."

Charles
"It was no problem."

BdrLine
"Hmm, dad I think we should go when the rain is letting up, don't want to be caught in it when it pours again."

Shen
"You are right, let's go."

The two stands upand starts to move towards the exit. Before they are out the door, BdrLine pokes his head back in and calls to Charles

BdrLine
"Charles, once Courage wakes up, can both of you go back to the ship and see if you can retrieve our bags?"

Charles
"Sure."

BdrLine
"Oh and also Althea is watching over my mom, even though we are safe for now, it better is she still have a guard detail watching over her."

Charles
"Got it."

Knowing that Charles can pass on the message, BdrLine and Shen gos out into the street towards the post office to send out their messages.

Back inside, Courage wakes up and places a hand over his head as a slight pounding hits him.

Knew I shouldn't taken that last pint, aggh. Better see who is up.

Standing up and walking across the room towards the door, he places his hands in his jacket pocket and felt a folded piece of paper. Curious, he pulls it out and remembers that it was from one of the females he met at the warehouse. Unfolding it he reads the note as he walks out from his room and down the stairs.

Hi sorry I didnt catch your name, but I'm Dalhia and I wanted to say that it was nice talking with you and sorry to what Lorena's father did to you. Hope he didn't hit you too bad he's kinda a little overprotective. But if you want, we can sorta meet again and talk more about stuff.

Cya,

Dalhia


As Courage finish reading, he didn't notice that he was already downstairs and bumped into a pillar. Some laughs can be heard from the small number of people inside as he looks arou d embarrassed as what happened. He felt a tap on his shoulder and turns to see Charles chuckling.

Charles
"What's gotten into you, never seen you this distracted before. ...what's that?"

Charles points to the piece of paper in Courage's hand. Eyeing at the direction of the finger, Courage follows it down to the paper where he hastily folds it back up and stuffs it is his pocket.

Courage
"Nothing, just some notes I made that's all."

Charles
"hmm notes, I don't think you are the one to easily forget important things. So tell me, what is it really."

Charles then eyes Courage suspiciously as he bulbs from nervousness.

Courage
"Honestly it's just a little note, no big deal. Oh look, Althea is awake. Morning Althea."

Both men turn to look at the stairwell and does see a sleepy Althea walking down the steps and yawning. She gives a wave to them as another yawn comes to her. Once finished, she joins the two.

Althea
"Morning you two. So have any of you guys seen my boyfriend."

Charles
"I did, he went out with his dad to the post office to use the radio. Speaking of Bdr, Courage, you and I has to go back to the ship and grab our bags. Also Althea, he ask that you watch over his mom, you know as a guard."

Althea
"What! Why?"

Charles
"Well, since she is part of this high prominent family, she needs to be looked after."

Althea
"I know about that, I met them when I first visited Chang-ning. Don't get me wrong, she is a sweet woman, but why do I have to watch her?"

Liu
"Because he is worried about me."

Startled, the three turn around and see Liu standing behind them with a smile upon her face.

Althea
"Oh Mrs. Zhao, I didn't see you there. Had a nice sleep."

Liu
"I'm fine Althea. So I heard that my some made you to watch and guard me of some sorts."

Charles
"Yes he did, is that okay with you?"

Liu
"I already feel safer knowing that I'm not there. But I wouldn't mind spending this day with you Althea. We could get to know eachother more."

She leans in and whispers into Althea's ear.

"and make a little fun at my son. He doesn't know it, but I joke about him once in a while, his sister as well."

Althea gives a small chuckle at the woman.

Althea
"I think that will be swell. Having a girls outing would be fun. So aren't you two suppose to be somewhere?"

Charles
"Oh alright, come on Courage, those bags won't get themselves."

The two then leaves out the door towards the Northern Docks where the ship is docked while Liu and Althea sit together at a table talking to themselves for the timebeing.

Post Office, Cathedral

BdrLine and his father arrives to the office just before the rain started up again. Inside, there is not that many people as most are inside their homes or businesses not wanting to travel in the rain. The two approach the counter where a clerk greets them.

Clerk
"Hi what can I help you with?"

BdrLine
"Do you guys havea long range transmitter, my father here needs to make a call to Yesha. Do you also have another radio, I also need to make one to Anvala."

Clerk
"Yes we do, the radio room is right down the hall to your right."

BdrLine
"Thank you."

BdrLine and Shen then walk down the hallway to the designated room. They enter and inside they see several radios lined up with one another on table. One of them shows a sign for long ranged calls. Going over to the long range one, Shen dials in the frequency for none other then the Emporer.

Imperial Palace, Chang-ning

At the Imperial Palace, one of the attendants runs through one of the hallways towards the Emperor's personal office. A few minutes ago, one of their radios just received a call from Cathedral stating that it was from the recently kidnapped Zhao's and they wanted to speak to Xi. The attendant arrives to the door and knocks.

Behind the door
"Come in."

The attendant opens and enters the office. Sitting at his desk looking over several papers sits the Emperor. He turns around from his seat and sees the attendant.

Xi
"Ah Ling-Chung, what do I have for this visit? You know you can call me through the speaker system."

Ling-Chung
"Well sir , we just received a radio call from Cathedral, it's important that I have to see you personally about it."

Xi
"Cathedral hmm, why from the nuetral capital?"

Ling-Chung
"Well sir, the man who called said he was Shen Zhao."

The Emperor's eyes widens and quickly gets up from his seat and exits the room, Ling-Chung following closely behind him. The two reach the Palace's radio room where another man is stationed with a headset over his head.

Xi
"Alright here let me speak."

The radioman then gives Xi the headset which he puts over his head and speaks through the mouth piece.

Xi
"Hello Shen is that you?"

Post Office, Cathedral

Shen
"Ah your excellency, finally I hear you majestic voice" *laughs*

Xi
"Haha, enough for the formalities. It is great to hear that both you and your wife are safe. How did you two manage to get rescued?"

Shen
"Well it was my son and his team of friends who went and found us."

Xi
"Ah I have to thank him and his friends again. So who was the one that kidnapped you two."

Shen
"You won't believe this, it was the Birdmen again."

Xi
"What! Didn't they were exterminated after the battle at Lu."

Shen
"Looks like they didn't die that very easily, but no worries they all have been taken care of and won't come back again."

Xi
"That is good to hear. Now we don't have to worry about one of the Oxen leaders missing the next meeting. If you weren't there, those extremist Tiger officers would just use your kidnapping to wage a war path about how we shouldn't trust the outside world and merge them under my veil."

Shen
"But you are the Emperor, don't you have a say in the politics and military?"

Xi
*sigh* "I have a say and my opinions about things that can greatly influence people, but it mainly the voting body of the three groups that have the final word. Only reason they still have the imperial family is because of the great symbolism and nationalistic pride."

Shen
"Times have changed from the Great War huh?"

Xi
"Yes but now we know you are alive and well, we can go about with our peaceful diplomacy."

Shen
"Yeah 'peaceful' , you know when I came into office, things changed and improved drastically with our economic boom and having several more cities adapt into out culture and Empire. But you know as well as I do there are a group of extremist that dislike my policy of how to expand and would disobey dilebrately the no use of force and go about our back and try to assimilate others with any means nesscary."

Xi
"Yes I know, but they have ways around it. For example earlier this week, one of the Admirals in the Tiger order a bounty on a man stating conspiracy and brought a whole company to Dragontown. I asked him why this much force, but he swiftly dodge the question, I wish I have more control like my ancestors before me." 

Shen
"Still we are reaching a new height, even with those nasty drawbacks from the extremist."

Xi
"Again friend you are right. Well enough of friendly conversation, I'll radio the base here in the capital about preparing an escort for you and your wife back."

Shen
"Thank you friend, Shen out."

As he puts back the headset onto the machine, Shen walks back and see that his son is done talking as well.

BdrLine
"So the Empire knows that you and mom are alive?"

Shen
"Yes, I just called the Emperor and notified him"

BdrLine
"What, how did you call him, not that many people knows what the Palace frequency is."

Shen
"Let's just say we are very close friends."

BdrLine
"Dad I know you have a lot of power in the Oxen, I didn't know you had that much."

Shen
"hehe let's just get back to the Inn. So your call went well?"

BdrLine
"Yes it did, one of my pals in Anvala just sent and transfer some of my money here so we can at ,east pay for a few things, e just need to get to a bank."

Shen
"Alright, bank first then back."

After thanking the clerk, they leave the post office and into the main city to retrieve the transfer money.

Somewhere over the Burren, YIS Comet

Ny-Lee
"Yes sir, understood. Changing our course to Cathedral."

HQ
"One more thing Captain, since Cathedral is neutral territory and both of your ships are of Yeshan Military, hold above their airspace and contact the Militia there to be granted access to land. Good luck getting your parents back."

Ny-Lee
"Yes sir, thank you sir."

The radio goes silent as Ny-Lee dials in to Syá on the sister ship.

Ny-Lee
"Syá you heard that."

Syá
"Yup, looks like we found where you brother is staying."

Ny-Lee
"Yes, now let's change course."

Coming behind her to the helm, Roland stares out in front of the ship.

Roland
"So now, where too?"

Ny-Lee
*chuckles* "Well I just received word where my parents are, we are going back where we had our honeymoon."

Roland
"Cathedral?"

Ny-Lee
"Cathedral."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on August 25, 2013, 12:29:50 pm
--Chang-Ning, Imperial palace--

Through the front gates of the palace of consuls entered a man, followed by five guards. The man wore a lavish, long robe, decorated with the finest jewellery, and held his head high and strode in long steps, holding his back straight. On his head was a small decorated hat and on his chest he wore a badge, shaped like a deer.

As he neared the centre of the massive entrance hall, an attendant walked up to him and bowed.

Attendant
"It is good that you have returned, your grace. may I-"

Deer
"Where is the Tiger?"

Attendant
"Um, he is in his office. He said he had been expecting your return."

Deer
"Thank you."

He waved off the attendant and also his own guard, who bowed and exited the palace again. While the attendant bowed also and took his own leave. The Deer made for the entrance to a hallway, but overheard a conversation between the attendant and another. He heard how the Zhaos had been rescued and instantly turned.

Deer
"That is good news. Tell me more."

Attendant
"Sorry your grace, but the message stated that they wanted to talk to the Emperor personally."

Deer
"Then be off with you."

The two attendants turned on the heels and dashed off.

Oh the Emperor. So naive, so foolish. And Shen is no better. Pacifism is a dangerous game. And most importantly of all, it doesn't bring profit.

He smirked and headed off down the side corridor. After a minute or so he arrived at a large door, patterned with the image of a rearing tiger. he knocked three times, before hearing a voice from within.

"Enter!"

The Deer opened the door and strode in. The room was large and also cluttered, not with mess, but with prized items. Weapons of all kinds lined the walls and there were numerous banners covered with images of cranes and tigers. In the centre of the room was a curved desk on which was lain flat a map of the known world, as well as various writing and mapping equipment, as well as a pistol. Behind the desk sat a man dressed in very similar clothes to the Deer, the only differences being the patterns and jewellery themselves, and that the man's badge was a tiger.

Tiger
"Ah, I see you've returned from the south. What news?"

Deer
"Negotiations with the Arashi are impossible. The savages there are too stubborn for their own good."

Tiger
"Ha! We could always invade."

Deer
"And gain what? Sand, and lots of it, that's what. The time will come for the veil to stretch over the desert, but later."

Tiger
"Ah, yes. Take a seat."

He gestured to the seat opposite him, which The Deer took and rested his hands on the table.

Deer
"I assume you know why I have come to see you. Me, and not one of my sector's lowers."

Tiger
"Vyshtorg."

Deer
"Yes, Vyshtorg. And also the situation with Zardis Dacrain."

The Tiger's expression sunk almost instantly, as he also clenched his fists beneath the desk.

Deer
"Have you seen to him?"

Tiger
"No. No I haven't."

The Deer suddenly sprang to his feet, almost tipping over his chair, and slammed his hand down on the table.

Deer
"WHAT!? You sent out an entire company to Dragontown, causing many whispers in the court, and you fail to apprehend the Dacrain Wolf!"

Tiger
"Calm yourself! The report says he had help, something I did not anticipate. But do not worry, he will be dealt with."

The Deer recovered from his outburst and sat down again.

Deer
"You must understand. Zardis has the letter I sent you. If he manages to decipher it, the whole plan could be in jeopardy."

Tiger
"Which is why he will not escape this time."

As he said this, the Tiger was unconsciously fondling a dagger in his hands, running his fingers up and down the blade.

Deer
"So, the plan itself. How are you going to take Vyshtorg?"

Tiger
"I'm not going to take Vyshtorg. Just it's main guildhall. Your ambitious plans do not call for us to take the entire city, and you said it yourself. It needs to be done quietly."

Deer
"So how are you going to take the Guildhall?"

Tiger
"It shouldn't be too difficult. I'll send in a squad of our best during the dark of night, kill the Guild leaders. And supplant them with one's loyal to our cause. You did plant our moles in high positions right?"

Deer
"I did, the highest in fact. Should the current leadership die, our own are in the prime place to take over."

Tiger
"Good. The only question that remains is who to send to Vyshtorg, who to lead the attack."

Deer
"I've heard good things about this 'Ny-lee'. She's one of the best, in fact. Who better than her?"

Tiger
"There's a problem with that. She's Shen Zhao's daughter. I doubt she'd agree to an assault like this."

Deer
"Try it anyway. And, of course, if she doesn't agree, there are always ways to... convince... people."

The Tiger nodded to himself, already coming up with ideas.

Tiger
"Alright then. Come in!"

A servant entered the room and bowed to the two.

Tiger
"Send word to Ny-lee Zhao. Tell her that, when she get's back, I wish to speak with her in person. And be quick."

The servant bowed again and exited the room.

Deer
"Well then, the plan is coming together."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on August 31, 2013, 01:54:52 am
Cathedral

--Northern Docks--

After walking from the Inn and through the city, Charles and Courage arrives to the northern docks and walk along the many berths finding the Starlight. Few moments pass and they find the ship and board her walking towards the hold to retrieve the fours belongings.

Charles
"Alright, get in there."

Courage
"Wait? Why do I have to go in there."

Charles
"Well you are the youngest and more stronger than me."

Courage
"You are saying the you are just lazy."

Charles
"Yup, so get in the hold and get the bags."

Courage
"Fine, you lazy ass."

Courage goes to the hallway under the cabin and opens a door leading to the hold of the bottom of the airship. He crouches down and enter through the doorway and rummage around for the light switch."

Courage
"Come on...*bang*... Oh, the Flak. Ah here it is."

With the lights on, Courage sees the bags and moves towards the bags.

Courage
"Charles, heads up, bring the bags up."

Charles
"On it."

By twos, Courage moves the bags and lift them to a waiting Charles who receive them and lay them on the deck. With the four bags out of the hold and Courage closing the door behind him, each man grabs two bags and leave to depart the ship. As they were about to walk off the ship, Courage turns to the cabin of the ship and calls over to Charles.

Courage
"Think we should get our rifles?"

Charles
"With the amount of luggage we have, no way. Besides, we all have our pistols on us which should be enough, heck even Bdr have those weird hidden blade things on his wrist."

Courage
"If you say so."

Off the ship and walking through the docks, Charles remembers about the note that his partners has been hiding and nudges him as they walk.

Charles
"Okay, who is it from."

Courage
"What you talking about?"

Charles
"The note you had in the Inn and where you ran into the pillar. And don't give me the oh I wrote something down to remind me crap again. Courage we been partners on the force way too long for me not to know when you are lying."

Courage
"Okay you got me. Remember back at the Festival when I came back with a broken nose."

Charles
"So it was the girl whose father hit you."

Courage
"No she had a friend. She is the one who slip me the note."

Charles
"Think they are still here?"

Courage
"Should be, I mean they do own a business here."

Charles
"Okay, here, we drop the bags off and head over there to see this girl."

Courage
"Wait, why?"

Charles
"To see if her head is on straight. I mean it's you we are talking about." *laughs*

Courage
"Oh very funny."

Charles
*still laughing* "Come on let's head back, might rain soon. But I'm serious that we should go and see her."

With one laughing his head off and the other rolling his eyes, the two make their way back to the Wild Winds Inn.

--Bank--

From the post office, the rain started up again in the form of a drizzle as the father and son pair speed through the streets to one of the local banks. Inside, just like the post office, very few people are inside of the building. Going up to one of the open tellers, BdrLine goes to the window and sees a very bored man behind the screen.

Teller
"Hello, what can I help with you today."

BdrLine
"Hi, I'm here to retrieve the money that was sent over via a transfer."

Teller
"Name and City it originated from."

BdrLine
""It's from Anvala to Azn Zhao from Tommy Highlander."

Teller
"Hold on let me check the transcripts."

The teller then moved from his chair and goes towards the banks back room. Five minutes pass and he returns with a few pieces of paper.

Teller
"The City's central bank did get a message regarding of a money transfer regarding those two individuals. Now before this bank can withdrawal the money for you, please sign here so that the money in your account in Anvala can be transported here to compensate for the money we are giving to you for the transfer."

BdrLine
"Very well then."

The teller than slides the notice over to BdrLine where he signs the document and hands it back to him.

Teller
"Thank you. Please wait while we get the 500 gold crowns."

Once again the teller goes into the back only to return moments later with the money stored in a briefcase.

Teller
"Here you go sir."

BdrLine
"Thank you. Come on dad, let's go back to the Inn."

Shen
"hmm I wonder what's your mother is doing right now with your girlfriend."

BdrLine
"aggh If I know mom, she'll be embarrassing me right to her."

Shen
"I'll bet she would. *chuckles*

From their walk from the bank, BdrLine and Shen finally made it back to the Inn. Unfortunately for them, it started to downpour and the pair are drenching wet. Inside, the two tries to shake the water off only to cause it to fly off and hit some patrons who grumble of the nuisance. Hearing a bit of laughter coming from one part of the bar, father and son sees their respective partners in a giggling fit. Annoyed, the two goes over to them.

Liu
"I see you two were caught in the weather."

BdrLine
"Sorry mom, we didn't know it would rain this hard."

Althea
"Well lucky for you two, Charles and Courage dropped our bags off. So you guys can have some change of clothes."

BdrLine
"Thank you for them. Speaking of the two, where are they?"

Althea
"They said that they were going to the southern docks to check out a warehouse or something along the lines of that. But come on you two, you guys need a change of clothes, might catch a cold."

Shen
"Thank you for your concern Althea, son you have something to fit me?"

BdrLine
"I think I have some extra sizes, let me check my back. It's upstairs right?"

Liu
"Yes they place them in your rooms."

BdrLine
"Thanks mom, let's go dad."

Shen
"Coming."

Leaving the women, BdrLine and Shen moves towards the staircase leading up to the Inn's rooms. As they pass a table, Shen accidentally bumps into it ruffling the papers on top.

Shen
"Sorry about that...wait, I recognise you. From a report that I read, something about conspiracy and a bounty. You're Zardis Dacrain!"

Hearing that his father bumped into something, BdrLine turns around to wait for him to catch up. As he listen to the conversation, he gets a twitching feeling that her should get ready if something were to happen. Clenching his fist, he stands waiting to extends the blades.

--Cathedral Airspace--

With the storm wearing down upon the, the two Yeshan ships finally spots the city and moves to get into its airspace. Hovering and holding about a kilometre away, Ny-Lee radios in the City's Militia for landing permission.

Ny-Lee
"Cathedral, this is Yeashan Imperial Ship Comet and Lightning. We are holding above your airspace and are asking for permission to land over."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 31, 2013, 05:11:39 am
--Cathedral, Market District--

Alex was wandering about the Market to pass time until the convoy departed for Landmark in a few hours, there were two things on his mind, one was the fact he was transporting some unknown and rather childish women on his ship, the other was that the official mission report stated the Galleon was unarmed which also meant one of two things, first would be any pirate stupid enough to approach them would not be expecting several heavy flak canisters to be flying toward them, and if they did they would probably be avoiding the fleet anyways, secondly was that there would be pirates stupid enough and that would make this contract rather explosion filled, not the boring trip he was hoping for. Of course it could be a rather boring trip, in which case he would need something to occupy him. The market was probably a good place to find such an item, it was however a matter of what could amuse him long enough to be worth buying.

"Buy our rugs, finest in all Cathedral!"

"Hold your head high when you put on this fine Yeashan silk!"

Somewhere on the other side of the market a voice yelled out.

"Don't listen to that man! His is actually just some cloth he cobbled together!"

"You can't even understand quality Gulliver!"

"Well at least I don't swindle my customers!"

"You imbeciles don't even know the half of it, anyways take a look at our weapons!"

Of course other then people trying to push your goods onto you, the market was a rather nice place, still walking through he spotted a small stall carrying books. After a short jog over through the crowds he finally managed to reach the stall.

Stall Owner
"Ahh a customer, can I help you?"

Alex
"Maybe, yes, possibly, give me a moment."

He began looking over the various tomes, volumes, and novels displayed on the stall, of course the first thing to catch his fancy was a cube with six colors on it.

Alex
"What, is that?"

He pointed at the cube.

Keeper of The Stall
"Ahh, I do not know, I have toyed with it some, as you see, it has six solid colored sides however when I do this."

He took the cube in his hands and took it below the table, when it came back up all the sides had their colors rearranged.

Guardian of The Stall
"As you see here, from what I can infer the goal for you is to make all the sides solid colored again."

Alex
"How would I do that."

He was still eyeing the cube.

He Who Mans The Stall
"Like so."

He twisted the cube about in various ways before handing off the cube to Alex who did a few experimental twists.

Alex
"I see, it looks like it can be very frustrating, how much?"

The One Who Maintains The Stall
"7 silver crowns."

Alex
"Not much, I'll take it, and these."

He Who Shall Watch The Stall
"Ah a wise choice, that will be 130 silver crowns."

He pocketed the cube in his coat, he then opened up his satchel and in it placed several volumes from a series called Redwall and threw the crowns on the table. Also in the satchel was not one, not two, not three, but four copies of the contract for the guard he had to sign earlier, the four being his idea and Captain Walker being rather annoyed by it. He would keep one in the residence, one on his person, one in the compartment he had put into his ships wheel, and one to Richard who would find a spot for him to put it. He said his farewells to the book stall before turning away.

Alex
"Those guys are rather strange."

He shrugged as he walked away from the book stall manned by several people and towards the docks where his ship is.

--Sky Runner, South Docks, Several Hours Prior--

Richard
"So how does it look?"

He, Reynold, and the captains Daughter were taking a look at the holding crane he and Alex had built the other day before working on the craft they planned on mounting on it. It sat well below the front gunnery platform, they also managed to get a ramp from the walkway down to it. The problem was, would it be able to support the craft.

Reynold
"Hmm, well it looks sturdy, how are we going to keep the craft still while flying?"

Richard
"We had these fitted in."

He flipped over a piece of metal, from the looks of it, it was made to hold the craft in place at the wheel, a copy of it sat on the opposite side. Of course if the crane failed they wouldn't keep it from falling.

Reynold
"Well I think that's the only problem, and we've already thrown the craft, and several dozen gats on the thing without a hitch."

Lorena
"You're right, but we are going to need to keep an extra set of fuel for it on board."

Richard
"Aw shit, was hoping you would ignore that."

Reynold
Well the craft works, we know that, the crane works, we know that, I don't think we'll need extra fuel yet but keeping a few extra cans down there couldn't hurt."

Richard
"Alright, lets go get some cans, as heavy as the damn things maybe, come along."

--South Docks--

She was told that their ship was in the harbor, that his crew would be there to meet her. Looking about for a moment she couldn't see them, she spotted the vessel described closer to the harbor exit but no one was tending to her.

Amelia
"Uhg, well guess I'll just wait over there."

She picked up her luggage, which wasn't much to be honest, and began her walk over to the other side of the pier.

--South Docks, Current Time--

Lorena
"How the hell did it take us so many hours to find several cans of fuel?"

Richard
"I don't want to know actually, in fact how about we ignore our own incompetence and-"

Lorena
"Woah, take a look at that Rich."

Richard
"I hate it when you call me that, now what are pointing at, oh, I see."

They had finally had reached the ship, and to their surprise, a young women had fallen asleep on some crates, probably not at all expected however Richard mentally kicked himself as he realized she was their passenger.

Reynold
"We should probably get her on board, maybe give her a blanket."

Lorena
"I call giving her my jacket!"

Richard
"Ok then... you do that... right let's get to work."

In a few moments they had the fuel cans stashed below deck and began checking the major components on the ship, mainly the rigging and the balloon, with that done and the other crew members arriving from what ever they were doing, Richard began walking over to their guest when Phillip beat him to it and carried her on board, they found a quiet place for her to nap as they continued working about the ship. A little while later Travis noticed something very interesting.

Phillip
"What?"

Travis
"I just now realized that you have a scar running from your neck downward, where'd ya get that?"

Phillip
"Long story, and it's not really interesting anyways."

Travis
"Oh come on, tell me anyways, not like we have anything better to do."

Dalhia
"What was that I heard about a story?"

Travis
"Trying to get him to tell me how he got that scar."

Reynold
"Count me in, sounds like an interesting adventure."

Phillip
"Come on, tell us and we'll stop bothering you about it."

Richard
"I know this one, I'll let him tell it though."

He pulled over a box and sat on it as others found a place to sit down or lean against something.

Lorena
"Come on now, don't hold out on us."

Preston
"It can't be any worse then being mauled to death."

Phillip
"Well fine, by the way are you alright?"

Preston
"Still sore but it's passing."

Phillip
"Alright guys prepare for an amazing story about how I got this scar."

He unbuttoned his shirt to let everyone get a glimpse of it, it was a rather clean looking scar, unlike some war veterans who have some nasty reminders of wounds they received. However another set of footsteps was walking up the ramp, they turned their heads to see Alex walking up, he passed a paper to Richard who said he'd deal with it later, taking a look at all of them and then to Phillip he shrugged and took a seat on the crate with Richard, Phillip was apparently not saved from story telling.

Phillip
"Damn it, alright, shall we begin the tale?"

(I'll post the story at a later date for anyone who's interested.)




Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on August 31, 2013, 05:48:49 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Zardis looked straight back at Shen with wide eyes, while also fumbling for his pistol, which he then realised was still upstairs. Gareth, who did have his pistol on him, drew it, but didn't raise it. Balor just sat there at the table, watching. There was a silence between the five people, broken when Zardis stood up.

Shen
"You're Zardis Dacrain."

Gareth's head filled with passing thoughts. How to get out of this, how to diffuse the situation.

Zardis
"...Yes."

Zardis wasn't taking any chances. He punched Shen in the face, who then fell over a table onto the ground. BrdLine immediately extended his hidden blades and struck out at Zardis, who tried to back off but took a slash to stomach, falling back onto the floor and banging his head on the hard floor, rendering him unconscious. Gareth also took action. Not wanting to kill BrdLine, he dropped the gun and pushed the table into him, causing BrdLine to stumble back. Gareth took the chance to pull out his knife and jump between BrdLine and Zardis. While this was happening, Balor had pulled out a knife from his own belt and laid it down on the table. Gareth then took that knife as well. Liu was busy tending to Shen's broken nose.

Althea had drawn her gun and had it pointed directly at Gareth, but he didn't notice.

Althea
"Freeze!"

Lyre
"You should."

Lyre had emerged from the stairway and had her own gun pointed at Althea. But the sound of a dropped glass distracted Lyre enough to allow Althea to point her gun back at Lyre.

Lyre
"Gareth, what happened?"

Gareth
"I dunno, ask Zardis. But... after this is over."

He looked from BrdLine to Althea and back again.

Gareth
"Looks like a stalemate."

He eyes the hidden blades on BrdLine's arms.

This guy looks like he means business. This should be interesting.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on August 31, 2013, 07:36:04 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

BdrLine
"Okay everyone, let's not be irrational now. So um dad, what is this all about?"

Helping her husband up, Shen clenches his nose and looks at the scene in from of him. Looking between each person and finally to the unconscious Zardis, he pointed with his head to him. Finding a napkin on another table, he reaches for it and covers his nose. A bit nasally, he speaks to the standoff.

Shen
"Well, Mr. Dacrain here had a bounty placed on his head by one of the older Deer officers. Apparently the Emperor had a word with him asking the reason for this bounty. All that was gotten out was some sort of conspiracy. All I'm asking now is how he manage to escape, that Deer sent in a whole company."

BdrLine
"Okay that explains him, but what about you two? There must be some reason to protect him."

--Somewhere in Cathedral--

Having got their bags to the inn earlier, Charles and Courage are wearing raincoats are walking about the city towards the southern docks. As they pass one store, Courage looks through the window and notices that the store owner was the one he met at the Festival. Curious if he still had the double-action revolver that was shown to him at that day, Courage enters the building.

Charles
"What the? Courage where are you going?"

Courage
"Hold on let me check something."

Charles looks up at the sign for the store and notices that it a gun shop.

Charles
"Courage we already have guns, plus we can get better ones back in Anvala."

Looking back at to where his friend was been, Charles notices that he wasn't standing nest to him and already inside.

Damn it man

Charles goes in as well and sees that the store owner is already talking to Courage.

Owner
"Ah I remember you, I see that you survived that hell of a race. So you are wondering about that revolver?"

Courage
"Yes, do you still have it?"

Owner
"Lucky for you, I saved it. Never met another man who was more interested in that gun than you when we met."

Courage
"Oh thank you, so does the price still stands? Because hehe, I'm a little low."

The Owner looks at the revolver and with a knowing tone he says to Courage.

Owner
"Well there are rumours going around the city that the ones who caused the commotion at the race are finally dead, and that the crews who did it are back."

The Owner looks back at him and tosses the revolver into his hands.

Owner
"Here, she is all yours."

Courage catches the weapon and looks back at him with a confused face.

Courage
"Wait how did you know I was part of the crew who did it. There was no reports that I heard stating who went."

Owner
"Words travel fast in this city. And I heard from someone who works at the docks about two ships landing and telling the City's Militia about something. Plus you have enough spunk to go out there, so I figured."

Courage
"Thanks, I don't know what to say."

Owner
"Just use her wisely."

Charles
"Ahem."

Courage turns around and sees that Charles is standing at the doorframe with a bit of impatience on his face.

Charles
"If you are finish. Should we get going?"

Courage
"Oh yes, thanks again sir."

Owner
"No problem."

Charles then opens the door where both he and Courage steps out into the cold again. As they continue on their walk again to the warehouse, Courage eyes his new weapon and opens his coat to pocket it.

Courage
"Man I wished I had an extra holster right now."

Charles
"How about the one with your Guards pistol."

Courage
"Using it right now at the moment with the said pistol, besides it's not like the revolver is loaded, but it does feel bumpy having it in a pocket."

Rolling his eyes, Charles shoves him a bit.

Charles
"Come on, lest just go and find this girl of yours."

--Guard Headquarters--

Inside the main building for the City's Militia, two radioman just receive radio transmission from the Yeshan ships asking permission to land.

Private (1)
"Umm what do we do about this?"

Private (2)
"Honestly I don't know, we rarely have military ships from the fractions come here without escorting political figures. They must be here for a reason."

Private (1)
"Well at least they are not attacking, we are very undermanned. Should we call Captain Walker?"

Private (2)
"Maybe, but I don't know where he is. He is out preparing to get crew to man the new ships we ordered."

Private (1)
"We need to tell someone though."

Private (2)
"Okay I'll try to radio the Captain, just give them a standby notice."

Private (1)
"Okay then. Umm Yeshan Imperial Ship Comet and Lighting standby and wait for further instructions."

As the Private on the radio gives the standby order to the two waiting ships, the second Private goes to the smaller personnel trying to contact the Captain.

Private (2)
"Captain Walker, this is Private Blakey, we have two Yeshan ships asking for permission to land, how do we handle this?" 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on August 31, 2013, 08:33:06 pm
--North Docks--

Corporal Peterson
"Captain, just got word, two Yeashan vessels are awaiting permission to dock."

Captain Walker
"Roger that, where's the nearest radio post?"

Corporal Peterson
"Harbor administration building."

Captain Walker
"I should know these things. Alright, tell them to hold there, I'll be over in a few moments after I finish up here."

Corporal Peterson
"Aye sir."

Peterson began his guard shift there with a small squad of trainees that had followed along. Walker just shrugged as he turned to another officer next to him.

Captain Walker
"Ashikaga, I need you in charge of this mission, we need those vessels and you're the only one I can trust that is available for this mission."

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"With all do respect sir, I don't believe I am ready to do this, can't we send someone else?"

Captain Walker
"Sadly no, and if we did I would send them instead of you, no disrespect meant, but quite honestly you're not ready for this and I'm needed here to pick up the pieces. I trust however you'll figure it out as you go along, good luck out there."

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"Yes sir."

The two men saluted, Ashikaga boarded the Galleon that would be officially under his command for the duration of this mission, he was going to meet up with the small fleet of vessels assigned to escort them and make way for the shipyards at Landmark.

Sailor
"Sir, welcome aboard the CMS Herald I'm William Gates, commander of this ship."

Ashikaga
"It is a pleasure, make way for the rendezvous point and we'll wait for the rest of the vessels."

Gates
"Aye sir, make way for the rendezvous point, await further reinforcements."

The various members of the crew ran to and fro as they prepared the vessel for launch, the balloon was checked, the rigging was secured, the engines warmed, the guns primed and ready, they were ready for anything, Ashikaga took a look at the docks as they began pulling out, he could see various guardsmen, some younger, some older, most of them have been around sometime and they knew, they put aside their duties for just a moment as they saluted the leaving Galleon, on it's way for an important mission. He saluted back for just second before turning to the vessels commander.

Ashikaga
"We can not fail this mission."

Gates
"No sir, no we can not."

--Sky Runner, South Docks--

The crew looked from Phillip to the Captain, and also to Richard, the three of them just shrugged.

Preston
"Are you kidding me? I should've been there for that."

Richard
"You were still to young to join the guard back then."

Preston
"Still, storming a pirate base with naught but squids and your iron will, the guard was much more out going then when I joined up."

Alex
"We still lost some good men in those days, even now the guard still raids pirate bases and intercepts Anglean Raid Fleets, but mostly in the outer territories, we were mostly stationed in the inner towns and cities. But remember we still had that massive raid a few years back."

Phillip
"I don't think I was there for that one."

Alex
"You were still off on an adventure to try and redeem yourself in the eyes of your home town at that point."

Preston
"That raid was rather massive I will admit, nothing like the reports said about the Invasion of Anvala though."

Richard
"That is very true. Anyways, should we move to the rendezvous point now?"

Dalhia
"Yeah, that sounds like a plan, is the little miss still sleeping over there?"

Lorena
"Yup."

Dalhia
"Well at least we won't have to deal with her till later at least, mind if I take the helm?"

Richard
"Eh, sure, why not."

Dalhia
"Alright, cool, give me a location."

Alex
"The Western Watch Tower, that's where we're meeting the rest of the flotilla."

Dalhia
"Roger that, taking us out."

The Sky Runner edged out of the dock slowly as it made it's way through the horde of commercial traffic coming into port late that afternoon. After dodging various air liners, cargo vessels, military ships that from the looks of it came out of Yesha Empire, Alex was examining the various vessels when one caught his eye, the IFS Zypher was still a grand a ship when he last saw it a few years back. A bit worn it was still a magnificent vessel and was as graceful as the stars, and as grand as the oceans. They cleared the harbor finally and out into the open sky, a course was set and all was ready.

--Cathedral Harbor Administration, North Docks, Several Minutes Earlier--

The odd thing was that while the South Docks saw the majority of commercial and personal vessels coming into and out of Cathedral, The Harbor Administration was situated at the North Docks. People have a tendency of ignoring what didn't make sense to them, thing is however, at one point in Cathedrals history the North Docks were the only docks, and while the South Docks are much larger and much grander, the Harbor Administration stayed put, which was convenient for Captain Walker. He entered the radio room to see the civilian operator standing by."

Civilian Radioman (1)
"The Radio is yours sir. If you need me I will be in the break room.'

Walker took a seat at the radio. He turned to the other man on duty.

Walker
"Patch me into the Militia comm's."

Civilian Radioman (2)
"Aye sir. You are now receiving."

Walker
"Walker here, go ahead."

Blakey
"-we have two Yeshan ships asking for permission to land, how do we handle this?"

Walker
"Patch me in."

Blakey
"Aye sir."

A quick change of frequency and now he was patched into the Conversation."

Walker
"This is Captain Walker, Yeshan vessels, please state the purpose to your request."

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on September 01, 2013, 12:05:30 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma watches blankly as the scuffle goes down.
The gun leaps from his side to his hands as soon as Shen takes the punch.
As the dust clears, Plasma glares around at his friends and patrons.

Plasma
"Elite, lower the weapon please. I'd rather you not stain my floor red. BdrLine, why are you even wearing those things in here? Gareth, I guarantee you using those knives will get you thrown out of here by me, personally."

He sighs and moves into the center of the room, checking Zardis's wounds as the group continues the standoff. He takes a small sphere from his pocket and it unfolds into a spider like clockwork machine about the side of his hand. He mutters something to it, and it scuttles over the slash, sewing it back together and cauterizing the wound.

Plasma
"The last thing I need is the lot of you getting into fights in my bar. The city has been militarizing lately, and I'm worried we're going to go the way of Anvala. Not that they weren't able to fight it off, but I'd rather not get a reputation as a harbinger of war. My point here, is you owe me an explanation Gareth."

The door to the Inn opens, and a Yeshan girl with long black hair steps over the threshold. She scan's the room, eyes halting on the knives, blades, and guns.

Lia
"Ah, I was... suppose to start work here?"

Plasma stands up, scooping the device off Zardis. He turns to the girl and smiles painfully. Gesturing at the wreckage of the recent standoff.

Plasma
"If you don't mind holding down the bar while I...deal with this, I'll show you the ropes in a bit."

The girl sighs and trudges to the bar shaking her head and shooting furtive glances at Plasma.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on September 01, 2013, 12:45:24 am
--Outside The Wild Winds--

She had finally managed to get off duty for the rest of the day, as it was training the new guys, and girls, was about as frustrating and exhausting as she expected it to be, and then some. All she needed was a stiff drink and some sleep. She saw the Wild Winds just ahead and decided it would be good place as ever to get a drink. She opened door to the inn to see the aftermath, or rather stalemate of a bar fight. She saw a few faces she recognized, a wounded man on the ground, and several weapons point at various directions. The weapons being the first thing she noticed, the second being every conscious man in the bar was staring at her, which wasn't that odd, the next thing she noticed was that all the women were staring at her as well which prompted her to question what was going on.

Reagan
"What?"

All she got was a few blank stares, so she decided to ask again.

Reagan
"What, do I have something on me-"

The moment she looked down she realized that she was still wearing her Captains uniform. Giving herself a mental slap she sighed and walked over to the bar where a girl she didn't recognize was manning it.

Reagan
"I'll have a whiskey."

The younger girl looked over at Plasma for confirmation, he just nodded back to her. She pulled out a glass and poured into it before handing it to her.

Reagan
"Thanks.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on September 01, 2013, 12:53:06 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

Gareth put away his knife and slid Balor's across the table back to him, before nodding at Lyre, who then holstered her gun. Gareth then picked up the letter from the table and held it in the air.

Gareth
"This is a letter that was sent by the Deer to the Tiger. Zardis, for some reason, already had serious suspicions of its shady content. So he stole it from the Tiger's office, killing a few guards. Its the guards' deaths that the Deer used to try and authorise his capture, when the real reason was the incriminating contents of the letter itself. We went to Dragontown to try and capture him, not knowing the truth at the time. But we were enlightened and ended up having to flee for our lives from Dragontown. So we came back here, knowing it would be a relatively safe place for Zardis to decipher the letter."

Plasma
"And what does it say?"

Gareth
"Err, Balor, you want to read it out again?"

Gareth passed it over to Balor, who flattened it out and read it allowed again.

Balor
"Regarding Vyshtorg

Forgive my bluntness but this is written in the greatest of haste. The Ninth proclamation of the 50th consulate decrees and encourages the great expansion of our Empire through military means when diplomacy has failed. But the proclamation does not take into account another method. The city of Vyshtorg lies at the centre of the world's greatest and widest ranging spider web of connections, reaching from Qinqaachi to Iscadon. In pure terms of influence, it could be argued they surpass our empire. My proposition is that of puppeteering the Guild. To wield their guildhouses as a weapon of insidious indoctrination. One could use them to rig elections, cut off trade to resisting cities.

In order to achieve this goal it would undoubtedly require military action, which is why I write to you. My role as the Deer is to handle trade, which I shall once Vyshtorg's high tower has been acquired. But it is in your hands, as the Tiger, to achieve this end. Use any method you feel is appropriate. I only ask that it is quiet, and the Guild's loyalty is thoroughly ensured.

Soon the Blue Veil shall cover most of the known world, and all shall follow our enlightened rule.
"

There was a silence in the Inn that persisted for a bit, until Lyre walked over to Gareth's table and spoke aloud.

Lyre
"So, as you can see, there may be a problem at hand."

Michael
"Quite a serious one too."

Gareth looked over at the door, where he saw Michael and the rest of the crew standing, with the eagles perched on a nearby table. They apparently had entered while Balor was reading the letter. Just as he said this, Zardis started to stir again.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on September 01, 2013, 05:24:37 pm
Spoon moaned as he moved around a bit. Not really conscious yet, but shifting position in his sleep. He rolled around a bit more, then suddenly shouted and flew off the couch, eyeing everone in the room with quick head-motions. His pulse hammered in his head, and he could hardly hear a thing.

Spoon
You...

Sadly, in the quick attempt at regaining balance he tripped over the table in front of him, falling face down into the floor, and once again rendering him completely unconsious.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on September 01, 2013, 11:01:56 pm
Cathedral

--YIS Comet, Cathedral Airspace--

After hearing the standby order from the Militia personnel, both ships are still holding their position above the City. From their view spot, many ships are coming and going as they fly pass the two military ships as the rain let up and blue, open skies are coming through the bleak clouds. Soon another voice comes through the radio.

Captain Walker
"This is Captain Walker, Yeshan vessels, please state the purpose to your request."

Hearing the new voice, Ny-Lee returns back to the radio to answer.

Ny-Lee
"Captain Walker, this is Captain Zhao of the YIS Comet. We have received information that a airship has landed in the city earlier carry two passengers that have been rescued. Those passengers are two important individuals to the Empire and we have orders to retrieve and escort them back to Chang-ning. And out of courtesy we were told to ask permission before landing in the city."

--Wild Winds Inn--

As everyone holster their weapons, Althea and BdrLine does the same. Sheathing back the blades back inside his forearm braces, BdrLine takes a seat to listen to what Gareth has to say. With Gareth finishing his explanation, he then refers to another man by the name of Balor which he tells the contents of the letter, surprising BdrLine, his parents and Althea.

Removing the napkin from his nose, Shen goes over to the table where his son is sitting and takes a seat. 

Shen
"I knew the three branches have extremist, but an attack and take over of the Guild? One we are not at war with them, two they are deliberating  orchestrating its downfall. As a Yeshan and a member of the Ox, yes I would like to see the Blue Veil spread, but not through war and force. I'm more for peace and have the occupants of a city willing to be merged into the Empire."

BdrLine
"Even though I have a bad rep against the Guild, they did fund the Birdmen a long time back. A hostile tack over of another fraction, those guys who are planning this are no worse than the Birdmen themselves. If there is anyway I can help, I have a friend of mine who has a warehouse in the Guild capital, he's a crafty one and has men who can spy around if needed to."

The others turn around as they hear a table fall down and sees Spoon hitting his head yet again. Rolling his eyes, BdrLine gets up and helps him back onto the couch. As BdrLine is helping with Spoon, Shen notices that Zardis is waking up again and goes over to kneel over him to try to get his senses back.

Shen
"Hey Zardis, you awake? Come on, I know we had a rough start but we are caught up now and are willing to help with this."

--Southern Docks

Courage
"Huh, this is the warehouse, where is everybody?"

Charles 
"Maybe they are closed. We can come back some other time."

Standing outside the warehouse owned by Alex, Charles and Courage looks through the windows of the office and the surrounding area trying to find Dalhia or anyone else who works here. All that they found is an empty area and a locked building. With nothing else todo, the two walks back to the Inn.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on September 02, 2013, 02:35:37 am
--Sky Runner, Burren--

Lorena
"Huh, she's still asleep."

She was walking about the ship, checking the equipment and weapons, keeping everything working, such is the job of the main engineer. However upon her wanderings about the vessel she stumbled upon their still sleeping passenger. She quickly took off her coat and draped it over her before heading back to work, and to be honest, she thought she was kind of cute. Over by the helm Preston and Alex were having a conversation.

Alex
"How exactly does this work?!"

Preston
"I don't want to know."

They were both taking turns fiddling with the cube he picked up at the market, it was still in the form it was when the stall worker had twisted it about. They were both trying to return it to it's original form, as that was the goal of the exercise. However in the course of it all, they probably put themselves in a worse position to solve it.

Preston
"This is so frust-ow-rating!"

Alex
"That it is, are you alright by the way?"

Preston
"Pain is mostly dull now, jerking it oddly still hurts a lot, doubt I could fire a gun or anything for a while."

Alex
"It's alright, now back to the cube!"

Preston
"Exactly how did they expect anyone to solve this?!"

They looked over to see Phillip taking his shift at the helm.

Phillip
"Hello Captain, Preston. What's that?"

Alex
"Puzzle cube of some sort. It is immensely frustrating though!"

Preston
"It's as if this is the physical manifestation of some sadistic demon!"

Phillip
"Can I see it?"

The both looked at each other for a moment.

Preston & Alex
"Sure."

Preston tossed it to him who began scrutinizing it over. He twisted it a bit before going serious on it, giving it several dozen lightning twists they couldn't even follow. He tossed it back to them, with all six colors separated. They both looked at him in awe as they studied the cube.

Alex
"How is this possible?!"

Preston
"Must have used magic, he must have."

They both sighed, Preston took it behind his back and gave several very audible twists and came back with a fairly mixed cube. Phillip just shook his head as he kept his eye on course, the fleet had mobilized only half an hour ago, Cathedral was still a fairly sizable blot on the horizon as they flew towards their first destination of Garrow and then over night to the Oblivion flats and Orrington where they would rest before heading for Serenity Bay and Farona, and from there, Aschenfeld and finally Landmark.

Alex
"So where's Reynold and Travis?"

Phillip
"Taking a look at the craft."

Alex
"Ahh."

--Craft Crane--

Travis
"So this is the crane."

Reynold
"Yup, Dalhia, how's the crane looking?"

Dalhia
"Not that bad, it seems to be holding, the metal isn't bent in anyway."

Travis
"So this is our secret weapon then?"

Reynold
"Not really, no."

Travis
"Huh, I see."

Dalhia
"Though the fact he mounted the damn thing with a hwacha is damn scary."

Travis
"Makes it damn frightening."

Reynold
"Still, I want to see them use it."

--Cathedral Harbor Administration--

Walker
"Yes, we've had some issues over the past week, sabotage and the like, anyways you're cleared for docking."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on September 02, 2013, 04:21:50 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Zardis
"Wait, what?"

Shen
"We want to help."

Zardis rose to his feet and fumbled his way over and into his chair.

Gareth
"I've explained the situation to everyone."

Zardis
"Okay... well then..."

Lyre
"So, we know there's a problem at hand. The only question is, how do we deal with it?"

Shen
"The orders are against the will of the emperor, I can bring it to attention and get the Deer and Tiger extremists arrested."

Zardis laughed.

Zardis
"This plot wasn't put together by some senior officials. This letter was sent by the Deer himself, the top official in the entire sector, to the Tiger, possibly the single most influential general in the world. These guys know they're acting against the will of the emperor and they really don't care, because even the emperor can't touch them."

Plasma
"The only option I see is direct intervention."

Zardis
'What? Going directly to Vyshtorg to intercept the assassins.?"

Gareth
"It could work. The only issue I see is knowing when they'll strike. I don't think they're stupid enough to act hastily."

Lyre
"We need an informant of some kind. Someone on the inside."

Zardis
"The Tiger wouldn't be foolish enough to just go round telling people he didn't trust. That's likely why none of the Oxen knew about it."

BrdLine
"I'll tell my friend in Vyshtorg to keep an eye out anyway."

Gareth
"Good idea. And if Mr and Mrs Zhao could keep an eye out in Chang-ning, that would be good."

Michael then walked over to the Zhaos.

Michael
"Don't worry, we won't let the extremists slander the Yeshan name."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on September 05, 2013, 08:46:01 am
Plasma touches his ribs experimentally and winces.

Plasma
"I think this might be one I'll have to sit out. You've got my radio frequency, and somebody needs to hold down the fort."

He glances at the unconscious Spoon and sighs.

Plasma
"Seems to me like people here could use a bit of looking after. Besides, I've got a new girl to train!"

He saunters behind the bar to where Lia is glaring at him with a sort of defeated "are you kidding me" expression on her face.
Plasma leers back and begins explaining the intricacies of the bar as he serves a few patrons who seem to have collected faster than the girl can serve them. 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on September 08, 2013, 04:31:40 am
Cathedral

Northern Docks

With the clearance to land in the city, both Yeshan pilots manoeuvre their vessels into two open docks right next to each other. Nearing the platform, the crew on either ship jump off onto the deck where they tie the ships down. With the Pyramidions secured, Ny-Lee and Syá walks off from their respective ships and meet with one another on the dock.

Syá
"Well we are here, so got any plans on finding them. This is a big city."

Ny-Lee
"Should be easy, we just need to find my brother's Goldfish and ask some people around if they seen where they went."

Syá
"Okay, but we are a big group, with both of our crews, the Emperor's Guards and your husband, we might attract a group since we are Yeshan military."

Ny-Lee
"Hmm, that might be a problem. Here, I'll take Roland, you and the Lieutenant over there with me as we find my brother. We can just send the rest to find some place to stay."
Syá
"Sounds good. Here... *shouts towards the Lightning* LAU!!"

Near the stern of the Pyra, a man pokes his head out around the corner near the starboard engine. He pulls the googles that were over his eyes and places them on his forehead.

Lau
"Yes cap!"

Syá
"The Captain and I are going out with a small party to search for the Zhaos. Since you are the only other officer, Ensign you are in charge. Take the crews from both ships and find a place to stay."

Lau
"Aye aye ma'am."

Ny-Lee
"That takes care of that. Roland, 2nd Lieutenant, come on, we are going into the city."

As the two men hops off Ny-Lee's ship and moves to the two females, Chong looks back at the two ships. Ny-Lee sees this and turns to him."

Ny-Lee
"What's the matter Chong."

Chong
"Ma'am, are you sure we should leave the rest of the crew ad my men out on their accord?"

Syá
"Don't worry yourself Lieutenant, Lau is a capable man, plus they're all part of the Yeshan military, it's not like they will go star crazy and get themselves into trouble. Plus We are in Cathedral, you can give them a little rest"

Chong
"If you say so Commander, still if they do get into trouble."

Ny-Lee
"Lieutenant, you worry to much. Almost sounds like my Roland here."

Roland
"I don't worry....that much."

Rolling her eyes with a smile, Ny-Lee pecks her husband on the lips

Ny-Lee
"If you say so dear, so enough with the chit chat, we've got a brother and parents to find."

After a few moments of searching, the four mange to find BdrLine's Goldfish just a bit west from their own ships docks. Talking to a few dock workers, they also manage to find where he is staying as well.

Worker
"The lot from this ship? Well last I saw, two men came by here earlier in the morning and retrieve a few bag."

Ny-Lee
"Know where they headed to?"

Worker
"Somewhere towards the western part of the city. By my guess to the Wild Winds Inn. Popular place in the area."

Roland
"Hmm Wild Winds."

Ny-Lee
"Oh the irony that he is staying there. Thanks for the info."

Worker
"No problem, you lot of Yeshans doesn't seem bad."

Syá
"Thaanks?"

Worker
"Pleasure, well on my way. Work todo, places to be."

The worker then pushes a cart down the docks as he leaves the four to themselves. Knowing the location of where BdrLine is presumably staying at, they make their way to the western part of the city.

Somewhere in Cathedral

Walking back from the warehouse in the southern docks, Charles and Courage makes their way back to the Inn when they spot four individuals, one in Yeshan/Baron style of clothing and three in Yeshan uniforms. Not taking any particular attention to them, the two walks on their way back to the Inn. They only hesitate for a second when they hear a female yelling.

Female Voice
"Hey, you two!"

Charles and Courage stop and looks to each other.

Courage
"Is that towards to us?"

Charles
"There are more people coming out onto the streets , it could be to anyone."

Courage
"But it sounded like it was meant for us."

Charles 
"You are just imagining things."

Female Voice
"Hey you two, Anvalan Guards!"

Courage
"Okay, I think I is directed to us. Come on, who else you know are ex-Anvalan Guardsmen."

Charles
"Okay, but who is yelling at us?"

They two turn around and sees that it was one of the Yeshans in uniforms yelling towards at them. Confused as to why someone in the Yeshan Military is calling out to them, they panic a little as they see that they are walking towards them.

Courage
"Charles what do we do?"

Charles
"Umm I don't know, did we do something wrong? I know Anvala is still on good terms with the Empire and that trading contract as well."

Courage
"So how come they are coming towards us?"

Charles
"umm...yeah....Run!"

Charles then turns around into a sprint leaving a confused Courage looking at him before sprinting after him as well. Catching up, in the run, Courage asks Charles.

Courage
"How come are we running? I mean we handled the Barons and their invasion force, Anglean Raiders, even the Birdmen just now. Why are we running from Yeshans?"

Charles
"If they singled us out from a crowd, then something is up. We may have a unknown bounty on our heads."

Courage
"But we could have taken them."

Charles
"Have you seen what they are wearing? They were three officers, one maybe looked like an Elite soldier. Come on, we are good, but I know to pick my fights. Come on, let's head to the In. And warn Bdr, he can settle this...maybe."

...

As Ny-Lee and her group watch as the two men she was calling out too ran off in another direction.

Syá
"Is that suppose to happen? And who were they?"

Ny-Lee
"Well I recognised them as being Guards with Anvala during my stay there. And no, I think we might have scared them off."

Roland
"Should we follow them, they may know your brother."

Chong
"I concur, may quicken our search for the Zhaos."

Ny-Lee
"Yes come on."

The four then run off following them which leads them to the Inn.

Wild Winds Inn

Shen
"Thank you all, as a fraction whose old guard only know war, peace will benefit us all."

BdrLine
"Alright, I call Zankif when I get to my ship and ask if there is anything unusual going on over there. Oh and Plasma, I heard there was a bit of a reward for Birdmen, when do we receive it?"

Shen
"Oh son, I forgot to tell you, the Emperor is repaying you and your friends again, you may want to give this reward to Plasma over there."

BdrLine
"Hmm.. Alright... Never mind Plasma."

A bit of normalcy returns to the Inn after the standoff. Plasma is off at the bar teaching the new girl, both groups from the standoff goes off into their own area talking to theirselves, when suddenly the doors open where Charles and Courage rushes in towards BdrLine.

BdrLine
"Whoa, the Flak you guys? What happened, looks like you seen a ghost or two."

Charles
"....Ran....Yeshans...called....us....panicked..."

BdrLine
"What? Yeshans called you guys, and you two ran from them? Wait, Yeshan?"

As he finished his sentence, the door opens again and four people walks in. Turning to see who it is, Charles and Courage goes behind their friend and point to the group."

Courage
"Them, they are the ones who wanted us."

Looking at the two behind him with a confused look, BdrLine then turn to see the newcomers and start to grin.

BdrLine
"Dang you two, they aren't just some Yeshans, it's my sister and brother-in-law."

Charles & Courage
"huh?"

One of the female female Yeshans goes up to the BdrLine and gives him a hug, followed by one of the men

Ny-Lee
"Azn, it's good to see you again."

BdrLine
"Ny, Roland, what are you guys doing here?"

Chong
"I can answer that, we have received orders from the Emperor to come to Cathedral and retrieved the rescued Zhaos."

Releasing the hug, BdrLine looks at the other man curiously.

BdrLine
"Who is the new guy?"

Ny-Lee
"Oh this is Second Lieutenant Chong of the Emperor's Personal Elite Guard, and this is my second, Commander Syá."

Syá
"Nice to meet you all."

Getting up from their seats, Shen and Liu goes to their two children.

Shen
"Well I knew Xi was sending a rescue party soon, didn't think this soon. But I'm glad to see you Ny."

Seeing her parents, Ny-Lee goes over and embraces them in a big hug.

Ny-Lee
"Mom, dad, so glad you guys are still alive. Thank goodness that Azn save you guys."

Liu
"We are glad as well. What are we doing, come on let's all sit."

Liu then goes back to their table and motions the Ny-Lee and her group to sit with them. Acknowledging, everyone moves to them and move an extra table to accommodate the rest. As they sit, BdrLine lean towards to Charles and Courage

BdrLine
*chuckles* "Wow, you guys got scared from my sister. How didn't you recognise her?"

Charles
"In our defence, we didn't see their faces from the distance we were at."

BdrLine
"Well she seems to see you two first."

Charles
"Okay it was the uniforms they wore, we freaked out and ran."

Courage
"Wait, who said that we initially freaked out, you were the one who ran off first.

Charles
"I can say you ran with me after that, so you freaked out as well."

Courage
"Well because you ran off leaving me!"

Althea
"Okay settle down you two, I bet we can all agree that you two chicken out."

BdrLine
"Hehe, nice you babe."

Althea
"I do my best."

As the BdrLine and the three goes around talking with each other, Ny-Lee looks around her surroundings and spots a man she recognise from a report before she went on this trip. When sees this and places an hand on her wrist before she can say anything. Syá, Chong and Roland sees this and wonders what is happening.

Ny-Lee
"Dad, what are you doin, don't you know that's..."

Shen
"Zardis, yes, we do. But there is a reason why he is not in cuffs."

Ny-Lee
"What? Didn't you read the reports made about him."

Shen
"Yes I did, those are lies. There is something bigger then the conspiracy they charged him with. I'll tell you later when we do some planning."

Syá
"Well, if he is innocent of the charges made on him, at least the rest of the crew are not here."

The door suddenly opens and Lau, the crews from both ships, and the Imperial Elites walks into the Inn and spots their Captain and Commander.

Lau
"Wow cap, what a coincidence, so you heard that this place is pretty good as well."

Syá
"Lau, what are you doing here?"

Lau
"Well ma'am you did order me to find lodging for the rest of the crew, and people directed us here."

Pinching her nose, Syá rose from her seat and moves towards them.

Syá
"Okay, well if you all are staying here, come outside and let me explain a few things so we don't jump to conclusions."

She then leads Lau and the 12 person group out of the building and explain the situation with Zardis so that they won't cause another scene and standoff like the one earlier today. 

As the group watches Syá leaves with the large party, BdrLine stands up and look to Plasma.

BdrLine
"So umm, still got more room in this place? Looks like we have more company hehe."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Plasmarobo on September 08, 2013, 12:06:36 pm
Plasma, watching Lia intently as she struggles with some complex tubing and tapping system under the bar glances up at BdrLine confused.

Plasma
"What do you... Geeze! What, did you invite your entire extended family!?"

He frowns around at the group of people, glances at the ceiling above him for a moment, then grins back at BdrLine.

Plasma
"You betcha, Azn, I think we'll be able to fit them all. Going to have to open up a few of the old rooms, but it shouldn't be a problem. I should propose an extension to this place."

A sudden jet of Amber liquid and a shriek from Lia distracts him and he dives below the bar. The girl backs shakily away from the mess of piping Plasma is wrestling into submission. Plasma's voice issues out to BrdLine from under the bar.

Plasma
"On the subject of the reward: You half is stored in the safe behind the trading counter. I can get it for you anytime you like. Or have it sent somewhere. Leave me a note at the trading counter and I'll send it where ever."

He spends the next few moments correcting the piping and lecturing Lia. If anyone in the bar listens, they are treated to several insights about the custom dynamic reactive pressure pump system that maintains what he calls a 'delicate and beautiful equilibrium' across various kegs. At the end of the lecture a harrowed looking Lia is tentatively serving drinks to customers, looking scared for her life. Plasma notices Reagan further down the bar. He slides over, eyeing her whiskey.

Plasma
"Good day captain. Good to see you...relaxing."

He shoots a significant glance at her uniform, but plows ahead.

Plasma
"Look, we've got some crazy political things going on at the moment. Cathedral should be safe for now, but I don't like what is happening in the Empire. These things have a way of being felt far and wide. I suggest you bring these matters to the attention of your superiors. I'll see if I can get a meeting with Councilor Xin to discuss these matters. Hopefully we've got a good long time to prepare. Maybe we won't need to at all if" - he waves his hand at the various groups in the Inn - "everyone is able to put a stop to this somehow..."

He shrugs. And glances at Lia before moving across the room and settling behind the Wild Winds trading counter to deal with some merchants drumming impatiently on the wooden surface.

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Sgt. Spoon on September 09, 2013, 04:47:05 pm
After rolling around a bit on the floor Spoon got up again, this time a bit more quiet as he searched the table for his gun. Unable to find it he settled for a sizeable knife and shifted position as the pipings at the bar suddenly burst. Still mildly disorianted he took advantage of the distraction and moved closer to where Althea, Charles and Courage where standing. They had their backs turned against him and so he could get quite close, but then he spotted Plasma glancing across the inn. He quickly turned his head down as to grab a fallen cup, to keep out of sight, and it seemed as he managed remain unoticed.

But as he raised his head he found himself staring into a pair of clear eyes, a most unwelcoming sight. Althea had just turned around and was now looking straigth at him. He halted, for a split second, then lunged the knife straight at her. Of course, the throwing arm of an disoriented ex-baronian infanterist didn't put up too much for the reflexes of an Anvalan elite as she dodged to her side. But he'd seemingly catched her off-guard just long enough as the knife missed her head but instead buried itself in her left shoulder.

The next moment proceeded in seconds. Althea swore, Spoon clenched his fist, and Charles and Courage toppled over him as to keep him in control. Then Brdline rushed over to Althea to check the wound.

Spoon, from the floor
"So what, you two are love-birds now? Do you have any idea what she did? To me, and to my family?!

Brdline sighed
"Look, what happened back then doesn't matter, it wasn't meant to. She was just following orders dammit. Yiski issued a warrant for their arrest, but somehow the order got mixed up. And the next thing you know... well..."

Althea
*Cough* "The next thing you know I got a warrant to kill two people."

Brdline
"Yes, we never meant for any of this to happen. But what done is done, and we can't change that."

Spoon
"So what? I'm just supposed to take all of this as just a big misunderstanding and move on, huh?"

Brdline
"I'm afraid you have no choice."

Spoon pondered for a while, then gave up as his captors wearily released him. He got up and dusted himself off.
"Fine... I guess I have no choice... But remember this Althea. The next time you're about to take a life, you might want to consider the thought, is it worth it? Who's loved one will you take away, what families will you shatter, and which children will you haunt?

He sat down on at a nearby table, sobbing quietly for himself and ready to drown his misery in whatever drinks they had in this place. That was, of course, if he wouldn't get shot.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on September 09, 2013, 05:24:12 pm
--Wild Winds Inn--

The doors open and a tired messenger bursts in, bearing a slip of paper in his hand. The inn is so packed that he could not see the person he was looking for and had to resort to standing on a stool.

Messenger
"Uhh, Is there a 'Ny-lee' here?"

Ny-lee
"Over here."

The messenger spots her and drops off the stool, before weaving in and around the crowd to get to her.

Messenger
"There's a message from Chang-ning. Apparently, when you return, the Tiger wishes to speak to you personally. And, err, that's it. I'll be off now."

He bowed and then hurried out of the Inn doors.

Meanwhile, Balor and Gareth were sitting at their table chatting, completely oblivious to the recent madman attack on Althea.

Gareth
"So, err, how'd you lose the eye?"

Balor
"I'd rather not talk about it."

Gareth
"That's fine, I imagine it must have been traumatic. So... where you from?"

Balor
"I'd rather not talk about it."

Gareth
"O-kay, I guess that must have been very traumatic. Do you... live in Cathedral?"

Balor
"I'd rath-"

Gareth
"Rather not talk about it. Do you talk about anything?"

Balor
"Anything but me."

Zardis
"And cats."

Balor and Gareth both looked at Zardis with quizzical expressions.

Zardis
"Is that just me then?"

Balor
"Cats are the keepers of the underworld."

Zardis
"No, those are Skywhales."

Balor
"Skywhales are the harbingers of doom."

Gareth
"Have you both been drinking?"

Balor
"No."

Gareth
"Have you guys been... smoking... anything."

Balor
"...Skywhales."

Gareth
How did I end up like this? All I wanted to do was stop by Cathedral and take a few contracts. And now I'm surrounded by a druggy information broker with one eye and a paranoid outlaw. Not to mention the fact that I now have a responsibility to stop a Yeshan plot. Not to mention how Michael got half his face burnt off and Lyre was shot.  Things just keep getting better and better.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on September 10, 2013, 01:25:11 am
--CMS Herald--

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"Gates, How long till we reach Garrow?"

Commodore Gates
"I'd say 2-3 hours, and then an additional 4-5 if we decide to Make for the Oblivion flats and Orrington, by the time we reach Orrington it should be early morning, we could stop at Garrow or we could keep flying for Orrington."

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"We'll make for Orrington, alert the crew to my decision."

Commodore Gates
"Aye sir."

The slightly older man let out a sigh as he called the crew and their passengers forth for a briefing, Hiroshi just walked away, behind him he could hear voices raise in disappointment. It wasn't his duty to satisfy the crew, only to do his best and fulfill the mission.

--Sky Runner--

Something was amiss, he wasn't sure what it was, but Alex could hear drums on the wind.

Alex
"Tell me Preston, do you feel something."

Preston
"Other then being oddly agitated these past few minutes, nothing really."

Alex
"Strange."

He took the helm and sent Phillip off to do something, he took a look around their motley flotilla, a few other vessels followed his lead and looked ready for something, most notably the 1 Pyramidion that had joined them, a few signal lights and orders were passed about the fleet, who knew who could be listening on their radios. Alex looked to the Galleon, officially the vessel was designated fleet command, it was however their escort target, which mean't making sure the enemy got nowhere near it.

--CMS Herald--

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"Commodore, what is the status of the fleet?"

Commodore Gates
"Fleet has closed the locks and are in loose escort formation, the spire has taken position on over watch duty, the Pyramidion is standing by with the Sky Runner, the goldfish flock is Running a ring around us at the moment."

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"Very well then. Keep a close look out on the clouds, I don't want anything sneaking up on us at the last moment."

--The Kings Blade--

The captain didn't know what to expect, lights around the fleet had flickered and apparently that was how orders were given when they didn't use radio, of course he didn't understand what they meant. He had decided that holding here with the other ship would be a good idea, he looked over to his accompanying vessel, he could see it's crew running about it's decks checking things, weapons, pipes, engines, the balloon even, then there was that strange thing hanging below it. He really didn't know what it was, but he no longer had time to think about it as several distant flak cannons opened fire.

--CMS Herald--

Commodore Gates
"What the hell was-"

He didn't get a chance to finish as the pyramidion exploded into a brilliant hell fire.

Commodore Gates
"Shit! Gunnery get moving and open fire!"

--Sky Runner--

Alex
"Reminds me way too much of Firnfield."

He watched from the helm as the pyramidion fell to earth, burning in death as it smashed helplessly into the dunes below. The rest of the fleet reacted, most were surprised, he looked around, searching for the source of the gun fire as the heavy flaks fired once more. This time however the shots flew wildly and by passed the targets they most likely had chosen. Soon however a Galleon sprang free from the clouds, followed soon by several squids. The rest of the fleet opened fire, taking down 2 of the squids, from both Galleons the iconic sound of Hwacha fire echoed about as they fired in the accompanying fleets, Alex jumped their engine to full as they entered the fray.

Alex
"Reynold take the wheel!"

Reynold
"Aye sir!"

He handed off the helm as he made his way to the rocket craft, there he found Richard preparing to fight.

Richard
"Ready?"

Alex
"Ready as I'll ever be, let's go."

They both mounted the craft, Travis jumped on the rear facing chaingun, Richard released the craft from it's berth, for just a moment they were free falling, then the engines roared to life. Propelled forward by a single experimental engine they soared for one of the squids closing in on the Galleon, letting loose on it the telltale signs of engine failure could be seen rising from it as they picked their next target, one of the goldfish in the fleet singled out the disabled squid and fired round after round of carronade fire into the ship’s hull, eventually causing it to fracture and plummet earthward. Alex piloted the little rocket craft about the outskirts of the battle looking for their next target, most of the goldfish were dueling with squids, however that enemy Galleon was moving to engage theirs. Turning the craft, they moved to engage the enemy Galleon.

--CMS Herald--

Commodore Gates
"This reminds me way too much of Firnfield."

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"Excuse me?"

Commodore Gates
"Sorry, just a memory, shit, here they come!"

Just as he said that the enemy Galleon fired several heavy flak shells into their hull as they rocketed past one another. They responded in kind with a broadside of carronade and hwacha fire, shredding the balloon like a knife through butter and disabling its guns, as the Galleon drifted downward a lone hwacha blast slammed into it, intrigued he turned to see a small craft soar past, firing a chaingun into the enemy hull, he saw the Sky Runner move to engage the enemy Galleon, firing mortars and artemis missiles into the enemy vessel.

--Sky Runner--

She awoke to fire and the roar of cannons, she instantly realized she was in the air and that, surprisingly, someone had wrapped a coat around her, another weapon echoed out a report as she saw several rounds slam into a lone goldfish, behind it a pair of squids was slowly sending it plummeting to destruction, she covered her ears as a massive explosion resounded across the dunes, fires raged on a single squid as it made a beeline for a spire off to the side, it simply disabled it and fired round after round until it simply buckled and the shattered pieces fell.

Amelia
"Oh my god, what is happening!?"

Phillip
"Oh hey you’re awake."

He poked his head around the corner.

Phillip
"Took you long enough, we've been fighting for a good half-an-hour."

An explosion rocked the ship.

Phillip
"Anyways I have to get back to work, stay safe!"

He looked around for a second before spotting a pipe, smashing it with his spanner a few times before a voice called out somewhere else.

Dahlia
“That’s got it! Get back up here, we need you on the guns!”

Phillip
“Aye ma’am!”

He gave a smart salute before running off.

--CMS Herald--

Lieutenant Ashikaga
“Gates, what is the status of the fleet?!”

Another explosion rocked them as one of the remaining squids came by for another pass, the enemy Galleon was taken care of, mostly due to its own ineptitude but mostly because it was very un-optimized for close combat, mainly because it’s only close quarter weapon had been on the opposite facing side during their duel. Looking into the battle most of the fleet was heavily damaged, they had lost a few vessels, most notably the pyramidion and a few goldfish, at least 4 of them had gone down during the ensuing battle but yet it still raged, in the distance the spire swatted yet another squid from the skies. Searching about he could see only 3 goldfish still flying, it was a big dent in their numbers but they couldn’t afford to head back yet.

Commodore Gates
“Not well sir, at least half the fleet is down for the count, we should probably pickup survivors if there are any, however with that in mind, there are only 6 ships left including ours, Garrow is just up ahead, it’d be best if we rest there for the night.”

He sighed.

Lieutenant Ashikaga
“Very well, best give the men a breather, we should probably report in once we dock.”

Commodore Gates
“Aye sir.”

--The Wild Winds--

Reagan looked at him for a moment before putting down her glass.

Reagan
“It’s probably for the best, if you need someone in Vyshtorg soon however I have a friend who will be near there in a few days, and by near I mean Landmark, we can probably get them there in a few days, however the Militia vessels with them have to sail home. Anyways, point is we can get them there in a few days, how does that sound?”

Plasma
“Who is this “Friend?””

Reagan
“You should know him, take a look at the regulars, and ask, who is missing?”

Plasma
“What is that supposed to mean?”

He decided that avoiding the question and just doing it anyway was in his best interest, he noticed a few faces missing.

Plasma
“Alright, I’ll bite, who is it?”

Reagan
“Alex and Richard.”

Plasma
“Ahh.”

--The Skies Over Burren--

Alex and Richard had been flying the entire battle, now however, they floated about as they had their balloon deployed, the few pirate vessels remaining began to flee, already the crews of the fleets fallen vessels, or at least those who survived, sat about their wreckage as they awaited pickup.

Richard
“So tell me, how long do we have to wait here?”

Alex
“It should only be a few more minutes, ah, there’s our ship now.”

He pointed out their vessel as it flew towards them.

Travis
“What I’d give for a bath right now.”

Richard
“Ah stuff it.”

Travis
“Hey, it’s the truth.”

Their ship held position over them as it lowered the crane into position, latching onto the craft they deinflated the balloon as they lifted them back into the vessel.

Phillip
“Welcome back, have a good flight?”

Richard
“You kidding?  They had no inflight entertainment at all!”

Phillips
“Sucks to be you.”
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on September 14, 2013, 04:23:08 am
Cathedral

--Wild Winds Inn--

Grabbing some napkins from the table, BdrLine places them over Althea's bloodied shoulder. She winches a little as a reaction from the touch.

BdrLine
"Think you'll be fine?"

Althea
"Should be, it nothing really. Just bandage it right up, and I'll be alright. Shee, ouch."

BdrLine
"Yeah hold on. Plasma got any bandages? ....Wait what? Extended family....just because we are Yeshans doesn't mean we look the, never mind. Do you have bandages?"

Plasma looks up from his desk as he straightens out some papers.

Plasma
"Should be behind the bar. Lia do you see it?"

At the bar, Lia is crouch down looking through the cabinets looking for the first-aid kit. After five minutes of searching, an "ah-ha" can be heard as she pops up again.

Lia
"Found it, here you go."

Moving towards the bar, BdrLine takes the kit and goes back to Althea. Setting the kit down on the table, he opens it up and rummage around for the necessary materials. Once he finds everything he needs, BdrLine then  removes the napkins and clean the wound. After cauterising it, he sews up the cut and wraps her shoulder with bandages. Finishing tying off the bandage, BdrLine places everything back into the kit and returns to Lia.

BdrLine
"Thanks."

Lia nos to him as she takes back the kit and places under the counter. BdrLine returns to Althea who is slowly rolling her shoulder.

BdrLine
"So how is it?"

Althea
"Feels better, just wished I didn't have stab wound though."

BdrLine
" *sighs* Spoon means well, it wasn't his fault on how he reacted. I mean how would you feel if something happened to someone close to you?"

Althea
"I don't know, maybe the same thing. But I don't want to think about if something were to happen, let's say you."

Ny-Lee
"Well I guess that you would go over and start beating the man senselessly as he almost killed your boyfriend now husband."

BdrLine and Althea then quizzically look over to Ny-Lee and to what she said.

BdrLine
"Ny, want to say something?"

Ny-Lee
"oh just an old memory. I'm just saying, people will do anything for someone close."

She then scoot over to Roland a little more as she still have the image of him bleeding from the gunshot when mercenaries tried to kidnap her and her brother.

"I mean look we all went out to look for mom and dad."

BdrLine
"Yeah I guess you are right. Maybe i should tell him that we did give him a proper burial as for his final wish."

Althea
"Oh yeah, I remember that. That poem."

BdrLine
"Yeah, didn't know his friend had a poetic type in him."

As BdrLine and Althea are discussing with each other, Shen then thinks about what Plasma has said and chuckles to himself.

Liu
"What is it dear?"

Shen
"Honey, do you remember Xin?"

Liu
"Hmmm, wasn't he the one who used to help you when you were a scholar?"

Shen
"Yup, same one. Now he is a councilman here."

Liu
"Well this should help."

Shen
"Yes it will."

Shen then sees the messenger come in and delivers a message to his daughter. He grows suspicious when the messenger said that it came from the Tiger. Curious, Ny-Lee opens the envelope and reads the message.

By the Order of Admiral Fang:

Captain Zhao, after you have completed your rescue mission of recovering Mr. & Mrs. Zhao. You are then report to the Admiral's office inside the Imperial Palace. It is of great urgency for you to go directly to him once you land back in the Capital. He will have detail regarding your next mission.


Shen
"Ny, can I see that note?"

Looking at him, Ny-Lee then passes the note over to her father who quickly skims the majority and flips it over to see the seal. 

Shen
"Hmm, can't be a coincidence."

Ny-Lee
"What is?"

Shen
"Ny let me answer as to why Zardis is here. Recently he has stolen a piece of information from the this Admiral's office given to him by one of the Deer. On it, it states a plot to take over the Guild from the inside and soon the rest of the world."

Ny-Lee
"Wait, what?"

Shen
"Yes I know. Right know, your brother and others in this room are going to plan some sort of way to spy inside the Guild if anything has happened. From what I reckon, this message to meet the Admiral is to plan the attack on the Guild if their scheme succeeds."

Ny-Lee
"So shouldn't we just arrest him? We have the evidence. Should I tell the rest of the crew?"

Shen
"Not yet, when they are ready you can tell them. As for arresting them, they may deny any claims and their plan may already be in motion, so we don't need to trip them off. Just go to this meeting and see where it goes from here."

Ny-Lee
"Alright then, I trust you dad."

Chong
"Sir, if they are planning this, what of the Emperor?"

Shen
"hmm, if they do go along with this, they may dispose of him and place themselves as head. Second Lieutenant is it? Well when we all return, have the entire Emperor's Elites on guard around him."

Chong
"Yes sir." 

Moments later, Syá returns with the rest of the crew. After hearing that Zardis is not the threat that he really is, they seemed a bit relaxed but still tense if something were to happen with him in the room.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on September 22, 2013, 02:52:16 pm
--Garrow--

The motley fleet pulled into Garrow, battered and bloody they docked, the remaining ships let loose their crews to find shelter for the night, engineers poured over the Galleon as they checked for damage to important systems, a few bodies were carried from the vessel, and soon they were on their way to places elsewhere for burial, a few passerby's stopped to watch them before going about their business once more. Aboard the Sky Runner Alex and Richard decided to stay aboard as the others went about to look for an inn to turn into for the night, aboard they took a look at the ship as they examined the ship for damage.

Alex
"We might as well get a new ship, take a look at this."

He beckoned Richard over to take a look, together they stared at the frame of the ship, a fairly sizable chunk was taken out of it. It was fairly obvious the ship could still fly but hull integrity would take a massive bite.

Richard
"We could always repair the frame, then again we don't have time, or the materials to do it here."

Alex
"We'll be at a disadvantage till we get back, find a shipwright and have him do the best repair job possible in the time we have, also we should probably go check the crane, just in case."

Richard
"Good idea."

Leaving aside the frame for the moment they took a quick jaunt to the other end of the ship where the craft was housed, the crane seemed undamaged for the most part however there were a few chinks in the arm of the crane here and there. It wasn't much so unless it proved to be otherwise they would leave it be.

Alex
"Go find a shipwright and get working."

Richard
"Alright."

A quick exchange of crowns later and Richard went dockside to find a worthy shipwright, Alex however stumbled upon their sleeping passenger, looking about quickly, he picked her up and went off to catch up with the others.

--Garrow Communication Services--

The women at the desk looked up to see people in uniforms she'd never seen before walk in, obviously they were in hurry but she was conflicted about whether she should help them or not.

Receptionist
"How can I help you?"

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"May we use your radio?"

She looked him up and down, still gauging if she should or not.

Receptionist
"Our... Radio is out, we do have a telegraph you can use."

The man in front of her gave a visible sigh.

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"Very well, take me to it."

Nodding slowly, she got up from her desk and led him down the hall, the other man following just behind them, she reached the telegraph station and unlocked the door.

Receptionist
"There you go."

Commodore Gates
"We'll be a moment, best you head back to your desk."

She just shrugged and walked back to her desk, after a few moments another group walked in, wearing similar uniforms to the men previously.

Cathedral Militia Soldier
"We're looking for two of our officers."

She pointed to the hall, they thanked her and ran down the hallway, she could hear voices though she couldn't make out anything."

A few moments later they walked back out, with the first two in the lead.

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"Thank you."

He flipped a gold crown at her before walking out.

--Cathedral Militia HQ, moments earlier--

Officer
"Ma'am, telegram just arrived from Garrow!"

He saluted smartly before going back to his duties, Reagan read it twice over before calling for an aide.

Reagan
"Call Captain Walker immediately."

That however was unnecessary because Walker had been right outside the door.

Captain Walker
"You rang?"

Reagan
"Fleet reported in just a moment ago, they've taken some heavy damage and are currently residing at Garrow, they'll be ready to continue on in the morning however the forces they reported seemed to indicate an organized bandit party out there."

Walker
"Well we can't have that."

Reagan
"No sir, also about my suggestion..."

Walker
"It affects all of us I know, send a message telling Captain Henley to continue onto Vyshtorg after completion of their mission, though it would be best if you explained why."

Reagan
"Oh you're not saying..."

Walker
"Yes I am, take a ship to Landmark, preferably a fast one meet them there, explain the situation, who knows who could be listening in."

Reagan
"Yes sir..."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on September 25, 2013, 01:20:36 am
Narrator

As night approaches and the day beginning to end, rain clouds start once again to roll over Cathedral. The patter of droplets can be heard from the outside as the patrons of the Inn start to head up to their rooms. With the arrival of the many new guests, Plasma heads up to the third floor to open some more rooms to accommodate the extra persons. He gives Lia the opportunity to watch over the bar and bottom floor if any more commotion happens to erupt. The night goes on quietly as people exit the building out into the rain or upstairs for some sleep.

None can say that the fleet at Garrow are having a pleasant evening. With part of the crews on the different vessels, many are going about trying to recover from the earlier ambush as to drinking to calm nerves or the lose of crew mates. As for Alex and his crew, the others have found a decent place to stay for the night, a simple B&B that can hold the entirety of the whole crew. In the middle of the night, the Sky Runner has been moved from her previous hold to the shipyard that Alex found to repair her of the battle damage she took, throughout the workers furiously go about trying to repair the hole.

As for our Captain Walker, after receiving the news that the fleet has landed in Garrow, he goes quickly to the Northern Docks where a ship is being prepared for his arrival. Once there, he sees that it was a modified Squid. With the usually four propeller engines, mounted on either side of the twin pontoons are two rocket engines for increased speed. Accompanied by a specialist engineer for the rocket engines and the crew of his choice, the ship rises above the city and speeds it's way to Landmark.

End Narration

-End of Day 10-

--------------------

La la lala la la,
Sing a happy song.
La la lala la la,
Smurf it all day long.


 :P

---------------------

Start of Day 11

Narrator

The next morning comes as the streets are wet from the nights rain shower. Everyone stirs awake as to get ready to start the day. Downstairs in the main floor of the Inn, Lia is running the bar while Plasma hands the Trading and Acquisition side of the Inn.

End Narration
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on September 25, 2013, 02:15:34 am
--Somewhere over the Middle Plains--

Reagan
"Couldn't have let have a drink could you?"

Captain Walker
"Nope."

The two of them, and their rocket squid, christened CMS The Flying Cloud, sped over the land beneath them, a course set straight for Landmark, the engines have so far remained operational, which was a skyward blessing if any. They had passed a few high towers, whatever they were once for however is long forgotten, they had, more or less, been abandoned, however a few had some rather hefty signs of activity.

Reagan
"I wonder what they're doing in those towers."

Captain Walker
"Another question for another day, though I must admit, I'm rather curious too."

Behind them the navigator called them over to the hull hideaway.

Navigator
"Sir, I must admit I had my doubts about this vessel, anyways, onto the news, according to this map, if we maintain our present course and speed, we'll reach the Storm Islands in a matter of hours, from their we can call into Termini and take on fuel, from there we can fly to Colonia and then over Wreakreef Bay, from their Landmark will only be a few hours away."

Captain Walker
"Thank you for the update, now why do I feel you're going to throw a cog in my face and give me some terrible new?"

Navigator
"Radio just piped in, apparently a storm is rolling in, so if we want to make Termini, we'll have to push it, and fast."

Captain Walker
"I see, how far can we push these engines?"

Navigator
"Don't ask me, I'm no engineer."

The wind buffeted the craft a bit, enough to make it noticeable, looking out they could see a few storm clouds far in the distance. Due to the increased speeds the squid would be flying at, a few wind breakers were fitted about to avert problems high winds would inevitably cause. Of course it didn't prevent the frigid air and the sound generated, most conversations were held in the single below deck area were talking didn't require yelling over forces of nature. climbing out however released them back into the loud sounds that is high winds, the two engineers somehow managed to work based on hand signs though that wasn't really effective in an actual conversation, Walker dragged one of them back to the hull so he could talk.

Captain Walker
"How hard can we push these engines?"

Corporal Peterson
"A fair bit harder, though I'm not convinced that the ship can."

Captain walker
"How so?"

Peterson
"I mean, the craft was made with propeller engines in mind, sure we reinforced it to take the strain that the rockets will produce, but at the end of the day there is only so much that could be done, we could probably push it over 60% with no problems, but any more and the craft could rip its self apart."

Captain Walker
"What are we operating at?"

Peterson
"54% sir."

Captain Walker
"Take it to 60%, we have a storm to outrun."

Peterson
"Aye sir."

He went back above deck to get working, Walker just turned to Reagan who was enjoying a cup of tea warmed by the hull.

Captain Walker
"Think we'll make it?"

Reagan
"Hope so, if not, it's not like they'll get there before us."

Captain Walker
"Fair enough, I think."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on October 06, 2013, 03:20:46 am
Cathedral

Wild Winds Inn

The sun shines thought the window of BdrLine and Althea's room. Landing on his face, the ray of light stirs BdrLine as he blink opens his eyes. Groaning as to be waken up by the sun's ray, he removes the blanket and tosses his legs over the side of the bed. Rubbing the sleep out of his eyes, he feels movement from the bed as Althea grabs the extra length of blanket to cozy herself.

"Ugh, do you have to wake up at this time? Come on and get back to bed and sleep in for a bit more." she said sleepily..

Standing up and stretching, BdrLine gives out a yawn as he places a hand over his mouth to cover it.

Chuckles, "Don't blame me for being an early riser, and what about you? You're an Elite, aren't they suppose to wake up earlier then the rest of the Anvalan force?"

Not moving from her position on the bed, Althea grabs a pillow and toss it at BdrLine which hits him squarely on the back of his head. 

"Hey."

With a smug smile on her face she says to him, "Well we are not in Anvala are we now? So I can sleep in a little longer. Also I blame you a bit from the antics you pull from time to time."

"What? I did say I was sorry for all the times I brought back experiments to the Saloon."

Turning over to face him, Althea gives her boyfriend a deadpan look.

"Couldn't you have left them in your warehouse? You and I, and the others know that most of your first prototype experiments end up combusting into flames or exploding one way or another. You are lucky that Yiski is out somewhere. If he sees what you been doing to his Saloon, I bet he'll load you in a Lumberjack and shoot you all the way to the Order."

Putting his hands up in a defensive position, also to avoid the wrath from Althea, BdrLine sits down back onto the bed and puts a hand on her top shoulder.

"Ok, you got me on that. I'll try not to bring them to the Saloon. Besides, it not like it can destroy the building down, the foreman built her to withstand a siege. But, you can go back to sleep if you want to, I'm going to head down and see who else is awake and to figure out where to go with this whole Guild problem."

Tossing the blanket over and rising out of bed, Althea moves towards her back to retrieve clothes and heads to the bathroom. As she shuts the door behind her, Althea calls out,

"I'm coming with you too then. Talking to you got me wide awake and I can't get back to sleep, so I blame you."

Chuckling to himself, BdrLine readies as well for the day. Going over to his bag, he pulls out e clothes for the day and change out of his night garments.

He calls over, " Well I can chalk that one as another reason why you do things because of me."

Behind the bathroom door, "Oh don't flatter yourself, I had a perfectly fine time sleeping comfortable in bed."

Unlocking and opening the bathroom door, Althea comes out fully changed and places the sleep wear back into her bag. 

Closing it, she turns to BdrLine, "Done yet?"

Pulling the shirt over his head and straightening out his outfit, he gives a thumbs up and moves towards the door. Rolling her eyes with a small faint smile, Althea quickly pecks him as the pair heads out of their room into the main hallway.

"Now I can see why you get a little green when I do that with Roland."

Surprised but the sudden outburst of the new voice, the couple turn to see Ny-Lee and Roland coming down the stairs that lead up to the third floor. Going a bit red from being caught, BdrLine and Althea sheepishly look at random objects in the hallway. With Ny-Lee laughing, she and Roland walks towards the two. 

With a small smile, Roland looks to his wife, "Come on Ny, we were like this before."

Grabbing one of his hands, Ny-Lee places her head in the nook of Roland's neck and pulls her closer.

"Yeah I remember, I just can't believe that now its my older brother's turn. Which is about time, no offence Althea."

BdrLine groans as being reminded yet again by his younger sister and Althea chuckles at his predicament.

"None taken," she says.

"So brother, where are you two going."

"Well, Althea and I are going down into the first floor to see who is awake and discuss this whole this with the Deer and Tiger."

"Oh... Thanks for reminding me...," Ny-Lee says as her mood change from upon hearing the information from yesterday, "I hope we can fix this quickly."

Sighing, BdrLine leads the four down to the main floor, "So do I Ny, so do I. Hmm, I still need to radio Zankief," as he mumbles the last part to himself.

As the four enter the main floor, they see that it's not that pack or busy as it is still earlier in the day. At the bar they see Lia who waves to them as the group came down. On the other side, BdrLine sees Plasma shifting through papers as they head to an open table to eat breakfast. Going over to them, Lia writes down their order and heads back to prepare their meal, as they wait, the look around to see if any familiar faces are awake.

"Hmm, where you think the others are at?" say Roland.

"I'm guessing that my mom and dad are still in their rooms sleeping off their ordeal. And that Charles and Courage are maybe hungover and in their rooms, or out and about in the city," answers BdrLine. 

"Syá woke up earlier, she and Chung went with a few of the others out to check out on our ships. Other than that, I bet the rest of the crew are still in their rooms." Said Ny-Lee

Returning back with their food, Lia places the plates in front of the four and returns back to the bar. As they eat, BdrLine looks around and wonders where the Wolf is and the rest of his group to help plan against this conspiracy.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on October 06, 2013, 06:45:23 am
--Wild Winds Inn--

Gareth woke up in his rented bed not next to Lyre, as she was already up and standing at the foot of the bed. On the floor lay Michael, Lionel, Kay and Hector, who had apparently decided that the floor was preferable to a sleeping bag back on the ship.

Gareth
"Morning."

Lyre
"Good morning."

Gareth
"Wake the crew up, will you."

Lyre
"Alright, you go get Zardis."

Gareth
"Fine."

After a few minutes of waking up the gang all wander downstairs and sit at their now usual table.

Gareth
"By the way, Zardis, where'd Balor go?"

Zardis
"*shrug* I dunno. He's a mysterious man. You'll probably never even see him again."

Gareth
"Yeah, well, I suppose that's no matter. We have more pressing matters. Morning, BrdLine."

BrdLine
"Morning."

Lyre
"Morning, Althea, was it? Sorry again about the incident."

Althea
"That's fine."

Zardis
"Well if we're finished with pleasantries, there's urgent matters."

From the stairs come swooping in the two eagles, presumably having entered the building through the open window, who then land on the table and stare at the surrounding patrons.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on October 08, 2013, 02:15:02 am
(Time again for more adventures from Captain Walker and Reagan Morgan? I think so.)

--Corunna to Latta--

Captain Walker
"Those storm clouds look rather close."

As their flight continued the clouds continued to grow in size, in more ways than one. Firstly they are growing closer so naturally perspective would increase their size, but also, the storm was still brewing out there, they could feel the change in winds from way out and it was still growing stronger, and stronger.

Reagan
"I could really use a drink."

Walker
"I think not, anyhow we've got to keep moving, storm is still upon us."

Reagan
"It could be worse I guess, though the hull is nice and warm."

The ships course had been locked in place, besides the engineering crew which was switching off every few minutes, everyone had gathered to warm themselves by the hull, Corporal Peterson had rigged a nice hot plate over it to warm some water, though Reagan was still itching for some whiskey, of course per regulation there was no alcohol aboard. A few things were certain however, one was they would most likely be caught in the storm and would most likely have to make port as it passes over, most likely Latta or if they were lucky, Arnno.

Reagan
"Say you guys ever heard of the Green Lady?"

Everyone who heard her cocked their head at the mention of it.

Peterson
"I've heard it mentioned, but never actually figured out what it was."

Reagan
"One of the most devastating storms one would ever face. It's definitely not this, not only is the storm not green, but the storm isn't nearly large enough."

Navigator Willard
"Just how large can this storm get?"

His voice as filled with awe, most likely from small description she had given.

Reagan
"I don't know, it varies from story to story, some say it blankets the entire ocean several times over, others say it can ravage entire coast lines for miles inland and then dissipate without a warning, only thing in common? It's big."

Captain Edwards
"Big alright, piloting in these winds at this speed? Hell, I wonder what it would be like to actually fly this thing in the storm, probably be suicide but you never know, we might have to."

Walker
"You ever thing it was a bad idea to bring three of Cathedral's Militia Captains along for the ride?"

Edwards
"Nah, if anything Cathedral can handle our absence, it's not like we don't have other captains."

Walker
"Fair enough, don't blame me for worrying about the city we're sworn to protect."

Edwards
"For now Yesha presents the biggest threat if all of this is to be believed. We've got to stop them if we're to have a chance at all."

--Garrow, Nightingale Inn--

The crew had gathered in the inn's hall for breakfast, a few of the other mercenary crews could be seen milling about, most of them didn't have a vessel anymore, until they reached Cathedral they'd be riding with the Galleon, a messenger came by during breakfast saying repairs have been completed however more extensive repairs would need a more well equipped dry dock, he sent the runner back with payment for the repairs, a partly sum of several hundred crowns, he'd be sure to see what they could do once they returned to Cathedral. Breakfast ended and they went wandering about the city till it would be time to depart in about an hour or so. Alex and Richard took the market in an instant, snatching up a few small items, most notably another puzzle cube after theirs had been lost over the dunes, whoever made those things was sadistic.

Alex
"Good thing thing I kept these books of mine in the satchel."

Richard
"Yeah well I guess it could be worse, we could have lost the ship."

Alex
"Yeah that would have been bad, really bad."

Richard
"Worst then Firnfield?"

Alex
"Definitely not."

Richard
"That cafe over there is selling shaved ice."

He pointed to a nice looking building tucked away in the corner of the market street, a few patrons sat outside, drinking and snacking away, even though they just had breakfast, something cool and refreshing was in order.

Alex
"I'm in, you?"

Richard
"Definitely."

--Somewhere in Garrow--

Lorena
"To think we were ambushed just outside Cathedral though."

Preston
"I guess it could be worse, we could have died."

Dahlia
"That's an interesting thought right there Preston, how you holding up?"

Preston
"Mostly stiff, the pain has more or less gone away though I should probably exercise it more just in case."

Travis
"Don't push yourself kid."

Reynold
"Oh he'll be fine, hopefully."

Preston
"Hopefully?"

Phillip
"Oh leave off him you guys, at least now he has an interesting story to tell."

Dahlia
"You mean like you?"

Phillip
"Like all of us you mean, you remember that time you got drunk and stumbled into a brothel and-"

Dahlia bopped him on the back of the head, evoking a laugh from everyone. A few passerby's looked at them but decided against drawing attention to them and walked away. They didn't seem to mind some of the attention.

Preston
"-I can understand getting drunk, but a brothel? Really?"

Dahlia
"I was drunk, what can I say."

Phillip
"Reminds me of when we took Preston out drinking for the first time."

Preston
"We are NOT telling that story."

Dahlia
"Oh come one tell us!"

Phillip
"Right so here's what happened-"

--Paritus, 5 Years Ago--

Several men were walking through the unlit streets, unlit you may ask? The power grid was under maintenance, any who, finding their way was a bit difficult however they soon found their way to the Buck and Bronco's bar, a fairly popular rest stop for sailors and travelers alike.

Preston
"Why are we doing this again?"

Travis
"You wanted to go out drinking with us right?"

Preston
"Fine, you've got a point."

Walking in they looked about, they grabbed and empty table around the edge of the bar, everywhere patrons milled about, some playing games, others swapping stories, what was on tap was written on a chalk board. Something called a "Hellfire" was on the menu and Preston was rather curious about it.

Waiter
"Orders anyone?"

Travis
"I'll take a Paritus Special."

Reynold
"I'll just have a Lager."

Alex
"Whiskey, lemon, ice, and a bit of creme."

Richard
"I'll have what he's having."

Lorena
"You guys are going to get so drunk tonight."

Alex
"You ordering or not?"

Lorena
"Yup, I'll take a Bannon's Steak."

Preston
"Umm.... Hellfire?"

Waiter
"Ok then, be back with your orders in a second."

At the mention of Hellfire someone stepped up to their table.

Stranger
"Hellfire eh?"

Preston
"Yes?"

Stranger
"Heh, you'll be in for a night."

He tossed a tip to a waitress before walking out, the waiter soon came back with their orders, Preston eyed his drink, now uncertain if he should drink it or not, taking a sip however and he felt a rather strong burning sensation, finding it not half bad however he took a swig of it...

--Several hours later--

Preston
"Uhg, what, where am I?"

He took a look around and had no idea where he was, he could however here voices in the distance. a few moments later and a sheet of metal shifted from the wall and Richard entered.

Richard
"Boy did you lead us on a merry chase."

Preston
"What happened?"

Richard
"Well wouldn't you like to know? Well anyways, here's what happened-"

--Several Hours earlier--

Drinks had gone around again, Lorena, while not taking part in the drinking still participated heavily in the festivities with her own brand of stories and jokes, Richard noticed that Preston was rather quiet however.

Richard
"Oi, you alright?"

He didn't answer, he did seem asleep however. He gave him a good shake, sitting up with a start however Preston gave him a good look up and down before taking the waitress in hand and giving her the kiss of a lifetime. Spun her around a bit before jumping on the center table and dancing his young heart out.

Richard
"Wait what!?"

Preston
"I AM THE KING OF EVERFALL HERE ME AND OBEY!!"

With that however he took a length of rope, tied several chairs together and lugged them out of the bar laughing heartily. The others just stared after him.

Travis
"We should probably go after him."

They all looked at each other for a few good seconds before completely abandoning the meal, leaving payment and an extra tip for the waitress. They could still here Preston in the distance, mostly due to the chairs but also because the laughter was quite audible. They passed street after street, after a bit of sprinting however they managed to corner him in an alley way.

Alex
"Come on Preston, you're drunk."

Richard
"Come on, don't make us do this again!"

Preston
"You fools! You dare defy me?! You dare defy your king?! I'll have none of it!"

With that he swung the chairs at them, however he missed them completely missed, it did however give him long enough to exit via manhole.

Travis
"Seriously, uhg, I'll go after him."

He slid in and went after him.

Phillip
"Now what?"

Alex
"Alright gang, split up and search for clues."

Richard
"Gotta find the king, no throne without a king."

Lorena
"You guys are so drunk."

Reynold
"I call the Captain's daughter!"

Alex
"NO!"

And with that the resounding sound of a slap filled the alley.

Richard
"Leeeets get moving."

Phillip
"Yup, lets do that."

--Streets of Paritus--

Searching far and wide they found no trace of either Preston nor Travis, however the sounds were definitely a sign they were still down there. What was even worse was that the sun was coming up.

Lorena
"We're not going to find them."

Alex
"Ah hell."

The sound of a nearby manhole opening however caused them to all turn around, with a loud thud the manhole cover hit the ground and Travis climbed out, rather inconspicuously clean.

Richard
"Find him?"

Travis
"Nope, and I've got a really bad head-ache."

Alex
"Remind me not to drink 7 mugs worth of whiskey."

Richard
"Only if I'm drinking."

Reynold
"Probably should keep looking, who knows where he could-"

With a whoop Preston came running out of an alley, pulling behind him a hand cart, filled with bread, and potatoes. Again they all just looked at each other before running after him, emerging from the other side they found themselves in the docks. Looking around however the only thing they could see was the hand cart crashed into a vendors cart. Asking the owner proved difficult as he was more concerned by the destruction of his goods. A friendly passerby however directed them to scrap yard. After a quick jog they soon found themselves searching around wrecks of various size.

Alex
"Find anything?!"

Lorena
"Not one bit!"

Richard however found something.

Richard
"Oi, look at this!"

After a few minutes of walking however they soon reached him. Motioning for them to wait outside he entered, soon he came across a large piece of sheet metal, managing to get a grip on it however, he slid it off to the side.

--Garrow, Present Day--

The story was loud and interesting enough to have gathered a fairly size-able crowd, Dahlia's face was just wide open as she listened to the tale.

Phillip
"Right, I'm done."





Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Yiski on October 08, 2013, 05:43:58 pm
--Crimson Skies Saloon, Chang-ning--

It had been almost a week and a half since Ny-Lee and Roland rushed out of the saloon, and leaving a confused Lauren and Yiski behind. Despite being in Yeshan territory with completely new new people to interact with, Yiski managed to take everything in stride as he always did. After all, who better to leave a saloon to when you're gallivanting off on what Yiski knew to be an adventure.

[Yiski]
"Skies... still wished they would've told me where they was goin'."

[Lauren]
"I know, but don't you think it's time to let them have their own fun?"

Yiski mulled the thought over and shrugged.

[Yiski]
"I guess it does get a bit tirin' shootin' bandits everyday."

[Lauren]
"Plus, you know we could always have our own adventure when we close up."

Lauren gives Yiski a sultry look and a smirk which gets a bit of a rise out of Yiski... and the other patrons who were now giving catcalls and whistles to Lauren. This caused Yiski to turned and face the saloon which then went eerily silent. Lauren laughed and gave Yiski a kiss on the cheek.

[Lauren]
"Now come on. This saloon isn't going to serve itself."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on October 18, 2013, 01:35:25 am
--Garrow Service Yard--

Alex
"It'll take sometime when we return to Cathedral to repair this."

Richard
"Probably a bit expensive too."

Alex
"We'll have the money, hopefully at least."

The two of them had popped into the yard to see how the ship had fared, it would definitely need an overhaul sometime in the near future to fully repair the damage. Of course they still had a ways to go before that would be possible, however the repairs seemed sturdy enough to last them.

Richard
"We should probably grab some supplies before moving on."

Alex
"Yeah, it'll be an interesting voyage from here on out."

Richard
"You got that right."

The two of them began making their way to the market as their ship was transported to the dock.

--Nightingale Inn--

She wasn't exactly sure what to do with her time, she found a letter from the ships captain stating they would be in town for a few hours, however being asleep when she was brought in, she really didn't know where she could go to spend it, for now however she was waiting for lunch to be served.

Amelia
"Why did they just leave me here?!"

She was entirely frustrated by the situation, if she headed out she would likely be lost in the city streets however if she stayed she would remain bored out of her mind. The innkeeper came by with her tray of food, it was a homely affair of soup, some bread, and various vegetables. She ate quickly as she decided what to do with her time. Coming to the end of the meal she had finally decided.

Amelia
"Well, to the market it is, if I can find it that is."

She left a tip on the table as she adjusted her dress before exiting the inn into the city streets.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on October 19, 2013, 08:04:06 pm
(Finally found some free time.)

Cathedral

Wild Winds Inn

Finishing their meal, BdrLine and his group move the plates away and join their table to Grypho's.

"Yes we do. Later today I'll try to get in touch with my contact and inform him of the situation. And Ny, most likely that you and your group will leave by the end of today?", said BdrLine.

Ny-Lee turns to her brother, "Yeah, I'll give mom and dad the day to explore the city, but we are heading straight back. Also, there is a matter that I have to attend to that may pertain to this as well."

"Alright, just be careful of yourself," BdrLine said in reply.

"Oh, is that a hint of concern in your voice," Ny-Lee said with a smirk, "But yes myself and the others will."

"Ok that cares of our side, what about you guys? I assume that we'll travel together to the Guild?" Asked BdrLine.

Coming down the stairs, BdrLine and Ny-Lee's parents come down the stairs. Changed out of their ragged clothes and into the spares that were brought along, the two doesn't show any sign of their containment they were in dats earlier.

Shen and Liu sees the large group down stairs and walk towards their children.

"Morning all," Shen addresses everyone.

A collections of mornings can be heard while Ny, BdrLine, and their partners greet them personally.

Shen looks around at the lot of them and ask, " So is this about the conspiracy problem?"

"Yes," answer BdrLine.

"Well it looks like it being taken care of. Come on dear, we only have  today before we have to get back," Liu says as she tugs her husband out the door and into the city. 
 
Before the door closes behind them, the group can hear Shen calling out to them saying that they will be at the ships later in the day. As the door closes behind them, Charles and Courage comes down the stairs. 

"Well morning to you two. Looks like you guys got some rest, unlike someone over here who woke up a little early," Althea says after seeing the two.

"Hey, I did say that you can go back to sleep, but you came down with me. So it's not my fault. But where you guys are heading?" ask BdrLine

Courage answers, "We are on our way to check on your ship, if we are going out on another mission, better be prepared."

"Alright, see you two later."

Charles and Courage then head out of the door and towards the Northern Docks.

Northern Docks

Already at the docks before the sun even rose, Syá, Chung, Lau, and three other crew members are looking over between the two Pyramidions.

"Lau, how's the Captain's pyra?" Syá calls over from the main engine of her ship.

Onboard the Comet, Lau is on the top gun deck looking over the guns while two other engineers are checking the steering and engines of the ship. Lau hears the Commander, looks up from the gun and calls back.

"She look like she just came out of the shipyard, but still checking her over"

"Ok, we got until the end of the day to make both ships air worthy, we are leaving then."

"Aye, Commander. Pān, Wèi, how are the engines."

Poking his head out, Pān wipes some grease off his forehead and calls to the Ensign, "Starboard engine looks fine. Wèi is looking at the port one right now."

Suddenly a small poof can be heard and soon smoke come flying from the port side engine. Emerging from the smoke, a coughing Wèi comes out with black soot covering her face.

Coughing, "Sorry about that Sir, their was a problem internally. I tried to fix it, but as you can already see."

Somewhere from the Lighting, "Lau!! What was that!?!"

Sighing, Lau slides down the ladder and approaches the blacken engineer. 

As he walks towards her, he calls to Syá, "Nothing Commander, just a small problem, nothing that we can't fix." to Wèi " Good thing the Captain isn't here, or she'll be pissed. Come on, where is the problem."

After the small explosion, Syá is shaking her head as she and the third engineer that went along with them in the morning, Pai, discuss their ship condition. Behind them looking out into the vastness of the Middle Plains, the 2nd Lieutenant thinks silently to himself about how to informing the Emperor about the conspiracy that is happening in the shadows.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Yiski on November 05, 2013, 03:53:25 pm
--Crimson Sky Saloon, Chang-ning--

--One week ago--

A few days had past when Yiski realized Roland and Ny-Lee had suddenly left him and Lauren in charge of the Crimson Sky Saloon. The two had run the saloon smoothly. It wasn't like Yiski had lost a single step in how to run a saloon after a few years travelling around.

Being able to run a saloon again also allowed Yiski to make new batches of Hellfire. Yes, Roland had been taught how to make Hellfires, but Roland had yet gain the experience of the true Hellfire i.e. 'You only have one if you're smart enough.'

It didn't take long before the patrons (and by extension local doctors) to learn the difference between Roland's and Yiski's Hellfires.

--Two days ago--

Zill showed up in the saloon with his signature mask and Jun'ko following close behind. Jun'ko went and immediately hugged Lauren and the two of them headed off into a corner of the saloon. Zill sat himself at the bar.

[Zill]
"I see the kids are still out. Surprised you didn't go with them."

[Yiski]
"Thought about chasing after them, but skies, I do miss running a saloon."

[Zill]
"You could always join me for a few raids. None of the new guys have your aim."

Yiski let out a huff and the two left. Yiski handed Zill a mug of Hellfire. The two were motionless and silent for a bit when Yiski spoke.

[Yiski]
"So, why are you really here? Usually you stop by when you've got a couple supplies to drop off, but I didn't see anything with you. Don't tell me the mighty Zill couldn't get a successful raid?!"

Zill snorted when hearing Yiski's last sentence made in an overly dramatic tone.

[Zill]
"Feh, you wish. But you're right. I don't usually come in without anything to show. The thing is.... I need a favor. I need..."

Yiski then put his hand up.

[Yiski]
"Wait! Let me guess."

Yiski put his right hand up to his chin and his left hand underneath his right arm. Moments went by and Zill started to get a bit impatient.

[Zill]
"Yiski, I don't have time for your bull...."

[Yiski]
"You want new weapons."

Zill was surprised. Not because it was what he wanted. Actually, it was the farthest thing from his mind.

[Zill]
"Actually, I needed... you know what... nevermind. I do want a new weapon."

[Yiski]
"Just one? I did say weapons. As in more than one. Well, more like two."

Zill stared at Yiski. If there was one thing Zill didn't miss, it would probably be Yiski's ability to annoy him. Yiski felt some underlying spite from Zill and laughed and yelled over to Lauren.

[Yiski]
"You good watching the place a bit love? I'm gonna show Zill something."

[Lauren]
"Really? I mean.... is it ready for use?"

[Yiski]
"No clue, but I figured Zill can give is a good testing."

Lauren sighed with caused both Jun'ko and Zill to express (at least obviously from Jun'ko) some concern. Before Zill had a chance to inquire further, Yiski headed towards the front and Zill was quick to follow.

[Zill]
"Where we headed?"

[Yiski]
"Out."

Yiski hailed a carriage and got in with Zill, sighing.

--Outside of Chang-ning--

An hour had past and Zill noticed they were outside the city limits. The carriage had stopped and the two got out. Zill wasn't surprised in the least that there was nothing around them.

[Yiski]
"Come on. We gotta make the rest of the way on foot."

Ten minutes later, Zill was about ready to kill Yiski. The two had been walking for what Zill believed to be in no particular direction. Zill's impatience started getting to him.

[Zill]
If I kill him here, then nobody would know where to find the body. And it's not like I can't live out in the canyons for the rest of my life.

Just as Zill reached down for his handcannon, Yiski stopped. Zill looked around and found a small, relatively fortified building.

[Zill]
"This is?"

[Yiski]
"A place I retreat to when I'm bored."

As the two got closer to the building, Zill got a whiff of steel and gunpowder. It gave Zill a slight chill down his spine. Yiski plus secluded building plus gunpowder equals fun times.

Yiski unlocked the door and the two entered. Immediately, Zill noticed three things. First, the inside was modeled exactly like the armory back in Anvala. Second, he noticed two guns or at least he thought one of them did.

One gun look fairly bulky with a short barrel. The housing curved back toward the controls. Next to it, Zill noticed some fairly large rockets.

The not-looking-like-a-gun looked more like a launcher of sorts. Around the base of the launcher, Zill saw a few mines with balloons attached.

The third thing Zill noticed was the wide grin on Yiski's face.

[Zill]
"The hell are those?!"

[Yiski]
"Well, the don't have a name yet."

[Zill]
"What do they do?"

[Yiski]
"Fun things."

[Zill]
... ... ...

[Yiski]
"I think it's better to show you the fun."

*Cue montage of Yiski and Zill going crazy with the hades and mine launcher.*

After thirty minutes (and numerous smoldering targets) later, Zill simply looked over to Yiski.

[Zill]
"Bored, huh?"

[Yiski]
"Yup."

[Zill]
"How soon before I can take these?"

[Yiski]
"How about now?"

Zill laughed to himself. Yiski needed to be bored more often.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on November 07, 2013, 04:59:12 pm
Cathedral

Somewhere in the city

Arms interlocking with one another, Shen and Liu takes in the sights of the neutral capital. As they walk pass the many buildings, they marvel as how much of the city has incorporated and mix each of the six factions architecture styles making them a separate part from where they originated. Exotic Chaladonion structures mixed with oriental Yeshan style  to the simplicity of Arashi combined with the classiness of the Baronies.  Each building is different and none are the same marking why Cathedral is the central of everything and in the eyes of tourist and politicians everywhere.

"Wow, I always dreamed of coming here, never thought it would be this beautiful. Some building s here may even rival the Emperor's Palace." commented Liu.

"Could have been under different circumstance, but yes Cathedral is amazing. And heck it can even rival out own mansion." replied her husband.

The two laugh from the joke and co time their stroll around the city. From time to time they stop and look through the windows of many shops and look at there wares. They entered a couple of stores when ever something caught their eye from the outside. But with their limited amount of money on them at the moment, the couple decides to look and not buy. 

After exiting another store, a furniture store this time, the two walk out. Looking back behind her, Liu says to her husband, "Shame we can't get much now. Hmm I hope most of the things that Azn bought is still in good shape after that incident."

"I bet it's fine. But I think I know what can cheer you up, how about a little lunch?"

"I am a bit hungry, so what do you want to eat?"

"Well we haven't tried Chaladoion cuisine. I bet there are a few restaurants here that serve that."

"Chaladonion it is. Come on, I'm getting famished just thinking about it."

"haha, alright let's go." 

Northern Docks

Just a few berths away from Syá and crew, Courage and Charles finally reach the Starlight. Coming aboard the Goldfish the two start their check with the rifles. Disassembling their own and Althea's, the two quickly go through with the major components for any defects. Satisfied, they return the the rifles back to their position on the rack and takes out BdrLine's. Charles and Courage simply stares at the weapon wondering how to disassemble it.

Scratching his head, Charles ask to Courage, "Do you know how to take BdrLine's rifle apart?"

"No clue, he's the only one who does the cleaning."

"Ugh, didn't he say that the old Commander and him made this? Why does it have to be this hard to open it!" says Charles as he throws his hand in the air.

"Well you just said it. It was made by Yiski annd BdrLine, you know how they are with their builds. With both of they on this one gun, it's not going to be that simple."

"Well we just let him handle his weapon. Come we got the rest of the ship to look over. I'll check the weapons and our ammo supply, you go and check the engines and the radio equipment. We both know I'm lost when I go back there."

Laughing, Courage moves towards the back and calls back to Charles, "You are right about that."

"Oh just shut it you."

Just down from them, the engine problem onboard the Ny-Lee's Comet is still not fixed. Black smoke is still coming out from the broken engine. On Syá's ship, she and Pai are finishing up their checkup. Looking over her shoulder, Syá shakes her head because of the smoke and turn to Chung.

"Lieutenant, can you go over and check what's taking so long."

"On it Ma'am."

Moving to the gangplank and off the first Pyramidion, Chung closes the small distance between the two ships and board the second Pyramidion. There he sees that all three of them, Lau, Pān, and Wèi, and at the broken engine arguing with one another on how to fix it.

Lau, "I'm telling you guys I bet it's one of the hydraulics."

Pān, "No disrespect to you sir, but the hydraulic system won't combust into ths much of smoke. Its the ignition system."

Wèi, "Both of you guys are wrong, I was the one fixing this engine I think I would now what's the problem with it."

Lau, " oh really, so tell me Petty Officer, what is the problem."

Wèi, "Ummm."

Lau, "See."

Pān, "Well I don't see you coming up with a solution."

Lau, " Hey I'm still the Officer here."

Wèi, "Yeah, an Ensign who graduated a few months from the Academy. While Pān and I have a few years with us."

The three then continue bicker with one another oblivious to the fourth person on board. With a small cough to get their attention, the three quickly turn in surprise and sees Chung.

"Oh Chung, scared the crap out of us." says Lau.

"Well yes, I have a reputation of that. The Commander has sent me to see what's taking so long with the engine repair. What I can see is that it is still not fixed."

"Sir we are still trying to figure out what is the problem with it. So far the three of us can't find the source." replied Wèi.

"Here, let me see."

Chung moves towards the smoking component where Pān hands a bag of tools to the Second Lieutenant. Rolling up his sleeves and pulling out some tools, he begins working on it. Thirty minutes later, the smoke clears  and Chung closes the metal plate. Stunned, the three looks at each other and back to Chung.

"Chung, how you figure out what was wrong?" Lau asks.

"I didn't, I just replaced everything inside. Problem solved. Now can you guys finish with the check up?"

"On it."

"Right away sir." replied both Pān and Wèi.

As the two goes back on their check, Lau moves to Chung and pats on his back.

"See, don't we make a great team."

Rolling his eyes, Chung brushes Lau hand off and says to him, "Yeeah, great team. Just make sure the Captain's ship is ready."

Chung then walks off and back to Lightning where he's sees that Syá and Pai sitting on barrels talking to each other. Syá sees him boards and says to him, "So all fixed?"

"Yes Ma'am, they are almost finish with the rest of the check up."

"Chung you don't have to say formalities, loosen up a little. And that's an order." she says with a laugh.

"Yes Ma'a.. I mean yes."

This causes Syá to laugh a little harder and a chuckle to come out of Pai.

"Oh you learn soon enough, come on have a seat. We deserve a break."

Finding and moving a barrel to the pair, Chung sits and listen as the two talk to one another.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on November 12, 2013, 02:42:24 am
--Garrow, Market Square--

Amelia wandered about, checking stall after stall, she picked up a few trinkets here and there, mostly a few books, a locket, and a strange six sided cube, the stall keepers were a strange bunch, all of them taking over from where the other had left off. With a bag in hand she continued off into the market, she looked at more stalls wondering if she buy something else, maybe some extra clothes.

Amelia
"Oof."

She looked up to see the captain looking at her.

Amelia
"Oh."

Alex
"Hi there."

He was not really confused, sort of pleasantly surprised, mostly because she wasn't asleep. Of course he gave her a bit of space before continuing.

Alex
"So enjoying town?"

Amelia
"I guess, when do we leave though?"

Alex
"In about 3 hours, I'd recommend getting back to the inn, maybe you'll run into the rest of the crew."

Amelia
"I think I'll hang around the market place for a while longer, I'll make sure to be back at the inn before we leave."

Behind them Richard was dealing with a vendor.

Richard
"Alright, let me get this straight, you won't sell me this case of ammunition because I don't have ID?"

Vendor
"That is the case."

He points to the case.

Richard
"Are you mocking me?"

Vendor
"Yes, yes I am, that'll be 200 crowns."

--On the other side of the market--

The crew was having a great time, considering the previous days events. They wandered about the market place, picking up objects of fancy, some clothes here and there, tools of the trade, Preston ended up outside a blacksmiths stand, the workshop standing behind it, where the smith pounded away at pieces of metal, a few assistants milling about, either working on their own projects or resting in the shade outside of the work area. One of the assistants noticed him and bounded over, a towel around his neck and a cup water in his hands.

Smith
"Name's Smith, what can I do for ya?"

Preston looked behind him, some of the others had joined him, looking around at the other stalls nearby, Phillip from the looks of it was picking up a box small canisters. He took one out and examined it for a moment before conversing with owner.

Smith
"Ahem"

Preston turned back to assistant, he was looking bored and drumming the stalls surface as he waited.

Preston
"Sorry about that, hmm."

He began looking through the wares displayed on the counter, mostly light armor pieces that seem to fit over clothing, a few small blades here and there, however the back wall was covered with blades of unusual size. One of them was rather different from the rest and he wanted a closer look at it.

Preston
"Can I take a look at that one?"

Smith
"Of course ya can, here let me get it down for ya."

He pulled it down from its resting place passing it to Preston, upon further examination he found it wasn't a blade at all but rather, something.

Preston
"And this is?"

Smith
"Well put it simply it's just a block of metal, specifically, steel."

Preston
"And I'd buy this why?"

Smith just shrugged.

Smith
"Don't know, cheap though, 10 crowns it's yours."

Preston just stared at the object, was 10 crowns really worth it though? He stared at some of the other objects lying on the counter, he didn't really know what he was looking for, it was mostly just piles of sharp, polished metal. On the other side of the counter from him he saw a coat, it was similar to the one he lost a few days back, he loved that coat, he tried it on and it fit rather nicely, it was a simple leather jacket down to his waste, a decent amount of pockets made it rather utilitarian, finding it to his liking he looked at Smith again.

Preston
"How much for the coat?"

Smith
"50 crowns."

Preston
"I'll take it."

Without even thinking he set 60 on the counter, took the coat, and sped off to join the other, metal block in hand.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: macmacnick on January 15, 2014, 02:47:44 am
--Above the Middle Plains, heading towards Cathedral--

A formation of Mobula-class airships approaches Cathedral, each bearing banners that hang down past its balloon, all with the same strange icon: a flame within a golden circle resembling a plate, with an oven in the center. The Formation is flanked by pyramidion-class airships with the same icon on their balloons. At the center is a Goldfish-type airship, with the icon on its balloon.

--Cathedral Walls--

A guard notices this formation with his spyglass and gets his superior.

Guard
"Captain, I think you might want to see this..."

The Captain of the guard gets his spyglass and points it in the direction indicated.

Captain of the Guard
"This should be Interesting... I shall notify the City officials immediately."

--Cathedral Docks, Airship Traffic Control--

*A Radio crackles to life*
"Cathedral, this is Captain Mac, of the VSS Crii'c'et, requesting permission to dock."
 
Traffic Controller
"How many ships do you need to dock?"

Captain Mac
"Seventeen, six pyramidions, along with ten mobulas and a Goldfish"

Traffic Controller
"Hmm... Lets see... I can Barely fit you all in the docks, as we're nearly full."

Mac
"Very well then, and be prepared for more people to come from our group later on."

Traffic Controller
"...Okay. Anyways, Please proceed to Section C, Subsection two, Docks nine to twenty-six."

Mac
"Very well then, will do."

(OOC: Pastry Time, teehee)
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on January 17, 2014, 02:13:02 am
--Cathedral Customs Office--

Sergeant Redmond
"...And you're saying this fleet is requesting docking clearance?"

Militia Officer
"Yes sir, I don't really know what they want but they haven't fired on us yet."

Sergeant Redmond
"Still, 17 vessels is a lot, and I've never seen vessels like those before, Pyramidions and that Goldfish yes, but those blob like ones are new to me."

The door to the militia section of the customs house opened to reveal Lieutenant Daniels walk in, a clipboard in hand.

Daniels
"We've managed to direct them to somewhat empty moorings, I still want to question them on their motives however."

Redmond
"If you must, I'd rather not threaten them though, if you want answers so much then figure it out yourself, I've got enough to worry about as it is."

Militia Officer
"If I may?"

The two of them looked at the third officer who had been sitting with them. Daniels motioned for him to continue.

Officer
"I think we should direct them to HQ, have their fleet registered, while we're at it we could "Inquire" about why they're here."

Redmond looked to Daniels for a second.

Redmond
"I like it, get to it."

Officer
"Yes sir."

With a smart salute he exited the office. Daniels slumped further into his chair, obviously tired from a long days work. Outside fewer Guards then what they were used to roamed the streets of Cathedral, though the guard was recovering, they still faced shortages in manpower in certain districts, most notably the residential district, where crime has been on a rise lately, and a few select locations outside the city walls. Everyone was tired by this point, but there wasn't much they could do about other then what they've been doing.

Redmond
"So, what's been eating you?"

Daniels
"It's strange really, when you think about it, the only forces that should have been affected were the Naval branch of the Militia, it was the ships that got hit, not the city, but when the casualty reports came in, a lot more ground officers were reported dead or wounded then possible, I lost a lot of friends during the attack, it's almost impossible to think that an attack of that scale could have been pulled off without any prior warning."

Redmond
"No other words to describe it I guess..."

Redmond sighed, he took two wine glasses from his desk and a bottle of '92 Vintage Cathedral, he poured into both glasses and passed it over to Daniels.

Redmond
"A bit a late isn't it?"

Daniels
"A little late is better then never."

They dinged their glasses together.

Daniels
"To fallen friends, may the winds carry you home, wherever you go, go with our love, and our hopes, so that maybe one day, when all is said and done, we can meet again."

They both downed their glasses and set them down on the desk.

Redmond
"May they never be forgotten. I have work to get to, you should probably get back to your duties now."

Daniels
"Probably, that felt good though."

Redmond
"We may never bring them back, but skies above, we'll make sure their sacrifice isn't in vain."

Daniels gave a small smile.

Daniels
"Damn right."

With a solemn farewell they returned to their duties, a bit more determined then before.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: macmacnick on January 17, 2014, 03:17:29 am
--Cathedral Docks--


After proceeding to the docking bays, and a few Ad-hoc docking maneuvers later, the fleet successfully docks at the ports. Later, Captain Mac and three others set out to find accommodations. But, before they could leave the docks, they are confronted by a Cathedral Militia officer.


Militia Officer
"Are you Captain Mac?"


Mac
"Yes, I am."


Militia Officer
"If you so could, could you come with me to Customs Headquarters?"


Mac
"What is the reason for which you want us to come to Customs?"


Militia Officer
"Cathedral's Customs department wants you and your fleet to be registered, due to the suddenness that you came upon us, and the unusual airship designs you and your fleet possess would, if registered, be able to be accommodated in the future if registered, as the process requires a schematic of the airship model, if the airship is of unknown make.


Mac
"Very well then, we shall register our fleet."


Mac motions for the rest of the group to come with him.


--Catedral Customs Headquarters--


After filling out and submitting all the required paperwork for registration, Mac turns to head out and finds his path blocked by a man possessing an air of authority.


Lieutenant Daniels
"So, you must be Captain Mac, of the VSS Crii'c'et."


Mac
"Yes, that I am."


Daniels
"The city government was quite intrigued regarding how you and your fleet appeared out of nowhere, and as such, were inquiring about your motives of coming to Cathedral."


Mac
"Although our ships bear extensive armaments, we do not come to instigate conflict. We are just a tier two diplomatic envoy."


Daniels
"Tier two envoy? Tier two envoy out of what?"


Mac
"Tier two out of five, with tier one being the largest. We came to Cathedral to seek out a hub for trade, we also are seeking to establish a embassy here, to begin to establish relations with other independent cities along with other nations. We are doing this now, as our homeland, the great bakery in the mountains, is eventually going to be threatened by the Yeshan Empire, due to the Empire's proximity to our mountain home."


Daniels
"Well then, you can use this city as a trade hub; to establish an embassy here, though, you would have to go through the city's council and get it approved. Oh, and what exactly did you say your faction's name was?"


Mac
"Cake."

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on January 17, 2014, 07:09:02 pm
The peaceful atmosphere over Cathedral was that of its usual characteristics; the bustling Docks, full to bursting with ships. Trading ships, war galleys, the lot. Tradesmen and Mercenaries alike tried to drum up trade from the passing crowds of sailors and citizens. Until 2 quick, light pitched buzzes passed over the city at immense speed. The Squids were lightly armored and possessed no weapons; built for speed. A few scrapes and cracks garnished their Hulls, and a few burn marks aswell. For about 15 seconds they circled the docks in unison, before stopping, lowering towards the city and remaining staionary.

Guardsman 1 : "What on earth now?!. More of that new fleet you think?"

Guardsman 2 : "Cant be. Their too late and the Docks are already full, i dont know why their there."

Both Guardsmen pulled out Spyglasses and glared at the 2 vessels... For only a few seconds later a battered and broken Galleon, With a dragon figurehead also joined the squids to loom over the City. The name on its side bore: "The Yeshan Dragon"

Guardsman 2 : "Oh Lord, another one"

A few moments later Ropes began to fall down to just dangle above the Dock floor. The Guardsmen watched as lines of the Light Blue and Grey clad crew of the ship slid their way down from the ships to the Docks, where citizens were now gathering. The Men and Women of the ships were a rather Smartly dressed bunch in their Faded Cyan Blue Uniforms, and a few officers in their White Corsair jackets and a 2 men with Burgundy Dust coats and 1 in a Horologist grey, embroidered war coat. With Swept hair and Goggles over his eyes. The obvious captains. Except... Something was out of place; all the crew were spattered with blood here and there, they all looked weary, sad and tired.

Captain Lockheart Stood among his small host of Chaladonians, looking to his officers for support, his vision was blurry. His hand rested on his hip which was in immense pain, to comfort it and keep his bandage in place. He Doubled over in pain as his stomach protested to whatever was in it. He desperately scanned behind the faces of the citizens for the nearest building. It was the Customs office; he signaled to 3 of his men and half limped half crawled to the door. He summoned all his strength and kicked the door open with one arm bleeding and the other holding his bandage, he barely made it down the rope lines.

The men who were inside the room were taken aback by the Chaladonian Nobleman. But he wasn't what he once was after the siege of Anvala. All they could see was 3 Men Brandishing swords step into the room after him, sunlight flooded their vision. But just as they blocked it out.

Lockheart Collapsed face first into the floor, blood seeping out onto the floor...
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on January 18, 2014, 07:30:35 am
--Northern docks--

Gareth, Lyre and Zardis stand on the docks, waiting patiently for Michael's preparation of the ship to be complete.

Lyre
"Are you sure this is a wise thing to do?"

Gareth
"We need people in Vyshtorg, people that might as well be us."

Lyre
"Yes but... Are you sure we'll be welcome."

Zardis
"Why wouldn't you be?"

Gareth
"We're Arashi, at least me and Lyre are. Michael and the lads are from... somewhere. But two Arashi might be enough to draw us some attention in Vyshtorg."

Zardis
"I've come to know a few things about keeping out of sight, it shouldn't be a problem."

Gareth
"I do hope you're right. I'd hate to be imprisoned by the very same people we're trying to save."

--Vyshtorg, guildhall courtyard--

A man in fine robes of grey and purple, adorned with gold, sits on the bench, his greying brown hair blowing a bit in the wind. A servant or butler joins him.

Servant
"Master Slava."

Slava
"Yes?"

Servant
"A telegram has arrived from Yesha, from the Deer."

Slava
"Interesting. And it says?"

Servant
"It simply reads that we can expect a friendly outreach from the Yeshans in the near future."

Slava
"That is good news. I never liked the current Deer, such a conniving snob. But at least he doesn't let that get in the way of the Empire's best interests."

Servant
"Shall I arrange for a return message to be sent?"

Slava
"Yes, why don't you. Show our gratitude and deepest hope that this can be profitable for the both of us."

Servant
"Right away, sir."

The servant leaves and Slava sits back, deep in thought, steepling his fingers together.

Slava
"Maybe I was wrong about the Deer."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on January 18, 2014, 06:25:05 pm
--SOMEWHERE IN CHALADONIAN AIRSPACE--

Alexander: "Where the hell is he?"

Alexander pulls out his spyglass and scans the horizon. Adrian walks down the steps from the Helm to the Deck of the "Arbor Gold"

Adrian: " I have no idea... *sigh*, Julius has probably gone through some convoluted and stupendously complicated "shortcut".., the lad knows nothing of the skies by Cathedral, even if he did from those Embassy and trade runs the Order sent him on, i'd expect him home by now, Cecelia is growing worried. Julius has already left her once for months on end, why do it again?"

Alexander stares His father in the eye, and says in a grave tone:

Alexander: "What if he's encountered trouble?, or-or... he-he crashed!"

Adrian dismisses Alexanders worries with a brief flick of his hand.

Adrian: "Come now, He's a Lockheart. He's Your brother at that; one of the most powerful families in the realm from Averna to Vyshtorg to Alierion!, We hold sway in trade in most parts of the world as we know it. Our heritage dating back from Archibald the Trader; one of the wealthiest merchants in Vyshtorg, until a attempt on his life forced him to seek refuge in Averna, where his al-"

Alexander: " Already welcoming contacts assured him a seat here for eternity... Yes yes you told me several hundred times.. Although i almost doubt it.." * puts his spyglass away * " Still, Julius is brash and foolish.. He could've gotten into a mess"

The two men walk off towards their quarters, while deckhands and navigators plot courses and clean the ship around them. Adrian stops outside the door to his quarters, then turns to Alexander.

Adrian: "Although i think the chance Julius is in Trouble is very unlikley. Get on the telegram and send the "Commodore Becket" to Cathedral. Its already on course to fly near there on its trade run, but tell Old Gerris to stop by and see if he can find out anything on your brothers whereabouts"

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on January 19, 2014, 12:00:35 am
Cathedral

With the conclusion of breakfast, Gryphos' and BdrLine's group went their separate ways to prepare for the mission ahead. Before they left, BdrLine gave Gryphos his ship radio frequency so that they can keep contact with each other.

Northern Docks

Ny-Lee, BdrLine and their respective partners arrives to the northern dock section. The three stops in front of the twin Yeshan Pyramidions and see that both of the ships crew were finishing with final check ups, well on the Comet it's crew are on its final check ups where as the crew on the Lighting are lounging on the main deck. 

Walking past Ny-Lee's ship, she, Roland, BdrLine, and Althea board Syá's to speak to her.

Once on board, Syá and the two others break their conversation and turn to see who come on. Seeing that it was Ny-Lee, Syá stands and greets the four.

(Ny-Lee)
So everything ready for our departure at the end of the day?

(Syá)
Should be.

(Ny-Lee)
Should be?

(Syá)
You saw Lau and the other two when you walked past right?

(Ny-Lee)
Yes, did they do something on my ship? Is it that why they are not done yet?

(Syá)
Yes and yes. They was an engine problem on board and the three of them collectively couldn't fix it. So I sent Chung here to find a way. Thirty minutes pass and poof, fixed.

(Ny-Lee)
Well at least it's almost done. I guess we can all take a break before we leave.

(BdrLine)
Well looks like you guys are tip top. Time to see what my two are doing to my ship. 

(Althea)
Knowing Charles and Courage, either something good or bad. Maybe both.

(BdrLine)
Arg don't remind me. Sometimes I wonder how they became Guardsmen. Well see you Ny, Roland, I'll radio in once we get further information.

(Ny-Lee)
Alright, see you brother.

(Roland)
See you Azn, hope we can settle this.

(BdrLine)
Hehe, with our group, we can do the impossible. Just careful with yourselves. All of you.

With a sense of seriousness that he display rarely, BdrLine looks each of the people that are present briefly in the eye. After a few moments everyone gives a small nod to signal their understanding.

Accepting that they get the message, BdrLine demeanour change back to his usually self. Hands interlocking with Althea, they both leave and head to BdrLine's Goldfish.

Walking past a few berths, the pair arrives to the Comet. From the docks, they can see both Charles and Courage inside the top cabin where they seem fiddling with an object.

(BdrLine)
Hmm looks like they are done with maintenance, what in the Gods are they doing now?

(Althea)
Well there the helm, the radio equipment, and our personal weapons. Pick one of the three.

BdrLine faces goes to a groan and places a hand over his face.

(BdrLine)
I hope they are not doing what I think they are doing.

(Althea)
What is it?

(BdrLine)
You said our personal weapons. And I told them to check our ship and everything in it. There is one thing that they won't figure out on how to disassemble.

(Althea)
Ohh.

(BdrLine)
Yeah, come on before they break it.

Inside the main cabin, Charles and Courage break their own rule on not touching Bdr's rifle and starts to tinker on how to open it. With the weapon on a table, they check every nook and cranny to find an opening. Tools are scattered around they as they use each one.

After another failed attempt, Charles tosses another tool.

(Charles)
How?!? I mean how can a simple weapon like this be hard for us?

(Courage)
Like I said a million times..

(Charles)
I know, I know. But still at least both of them could have made a simpler way to disassemble it.

(Behind them a male voice)
If we did, then it can be massed produced for all the wrong reasons.

Startled, the two turn around and see Althea and BdrLine in the doorway to the cabin. Shaking his head, BdrLine goes to the table and checks his rifle.

(BdrLine)
Hmm, looks like you two didn't do anything that can break it. Which is good. Althea can you? I still have to make that call.

(Althea)
Yeah.

BdrLine then hand over his rifle to Althea and moves to the radio and starts dialling in Zankief's frequency. With the rifle in hand, Althea goes to the table and, with a click, removes the barrel from the stock. 

Surprised, Courage and Charles makes room for her and watches from behind as she easily take the rifle apart.

(Charles)
How do you?

(Althea)
Azn taught me, plus my pistols that Yiski made for me had the same way to disassemble them. It just his rifle was a bit more complex.

On the radio, BdrLine can hear static until a familiar voice comes through.

(Zankief)
Ahh BdrLine, long time my friend, how are you? Heard what you guys did near the Wastes.

(BdrLine)
Word already spread? That was fast.

(Zankief)
The death of those whose cause the attack on Cathedral, news like that will spread like wild fire. What you need? I feel like this call is about business.

(BdrLine)
How you know me all so well. But first thing, this is all secure rights?

(Zankief)
Always. So what is it now?

(BdrLine)
Well I got word from a new friend of mine that there maybe a covert operation to take over the Guild by war expansionist from Yesha.

(Zankief)
*sighs* Seems like most of the bad stuff always come from the Empire.

(BdrLine)
Don't remind me, it's just those extreme expansionist that gives us the bad rep. You know how my father has to deal with them with each meeting.

(Zankief)
Yeah, your father is a good man looking for peace after centuries of death. So I. Guessing you want me and my men to look into this?

(BdrLine)
Yes, also my new friends are heading to the capital to find things out as well. So they may need a way in.

(Zankief)
So just like the last time. Fake papers, equipment and accommodations?

(BdrLine)
Yes. Also my ship maybe joining with them on the trip.

(Zankief)
Alright I'll get the preperations. Call in when you are near.

(BdrLine)
On it.

With the conversation with Zankief over, BdrLine then tries to call Gryphos.

(BdrLine)
Gryphos you there? I got help to get into Vychtorg.

Back with the trio, Althea finish with the rifle and is in the process of assembling it back. From the outside, they hear the noise of engines on full blast. Curious, the three of the peak out while BdrLine is still on the radio. Flying around the perimeter of the city, they spot two squids in a scurry. Stopping near the southern docks of the city, they watch as they lower out of sight.

(Charles)
That was a sight.

(Courage)
Wonder why they are in a hurry.

(Althea)
Maybe because of that.

Pointing out to the horizon, they spot an outline of a batter Galleon as it limp to the southern docks where it drops from their view as well.

(Courage)
Is it me or was that Galleon familiar?  

(Althea)
I think so. Well we ind out later, we got more things to handle.

Cathedral City Centre

After a meal at a Chaladoion restaurant, Shen and Liu walks to the Council Hall to see if they can find Xin and talk to him. Entering the lobby of the building, they notice several hallways extending out from the main lobby. In the middle of the lobby lies a large reception desk. The two walks to the desk where one of the receptionist notices them and addresses them.

(Receptionist)
Hello, and welcome to the Council Hall. May I ask the reason for this visit?

(Shen)
Yes, is Councilman Xin in? We request a meeting.

(Receptionist)
Yes, let call his office... ... ... ... Hello Councilman, there are two people here requesting a meeting... ... ... ... Yes ... ... ... Alright I'll tell them. The Councilman schedule is booked and may not have space to accommodate the two of you. He asks for your names so he can squeeze you in.

(Shen)
Alight, my name is Shen Zhao of the Yeshan Oxen and Liu Zhao of the White Lotus Trading Company.

With wide eyes, the Receptionist immediately goes back to the Councilman on hold and tells him who is asking for the meeting.

(Receptionist)
... Yes Mr. and Mrs. Zhao of Yesha... Yes ... Alright...

With the click of the phone on the receiver, the Receptionist turns to the pair.

(Receptionist)
The Councilman is waiting for you in his office, it's down the Yeshan District corridor in the second hallway on the left. Just follow the signs from there on.

(Shen)
Thank you.

(Receptionist)
You are welcome Mr. Zhao.

Leaving the receptionist area, the two walk to the designated hallway and towards the Councilman's office. In this portion of the building, they notice that much of the theme was that of Yeshan design.

(Shen)
Almost like home.

(Liu)
Almost. At least we have a meeting Xin. Good thing he remembers you.

(Shen)
Good thing is right, with him here we can discuss this conspiracy that is going behind the scene.

(Liu)
Think he will side with us?

(Shen)
He will.

(Liu)
How do you feel confident that he won't takes us to the Tiger?

(Shen)
Because he and I strive for peace and diplomacy between each of the Fractions. This is why the majority of the Senate voted him to be our representative.

(Liu)
 If you and him strived for peace, why weren't you voted?

(Shen)
Hehe, if I went I can't spend my time with you.

(Liu)
Ahh, you romantic.

(Shen)
I know, well we are almost here, now where is it?

For the next several minutes, the duo walks around finding the office.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: macmacnick on January 19, 2014, 05:15:10 am
--Over the Black Channel, Heading towards Averna--


Narrator
A fleet of 32 Mobula-class airships, bearing the Cake banner fly in a formation towards the island of Chaladon, over the Black Channel. The Formation is flanked by 8 Pyramidion-Class airships, and led by a Goldfish-Class airship guarded by four of the Galleon-class.


--Chaladonian Border--


Narrator
Chaladonian Border patrol spots the envoy and sends two Chaladonian Squid-class airships to intercept the envoy.

Squid 1
"Who are you and what business do you have with the Order?"


Squid 2
"State your affiliation and designation."


Cake Envoy
"My name is Kirk. James T. Kirk, of the VSS Pastryprise. We come in peace, meaning no harm; we are a tier one Envoy, the largest. We would like to establish diplomatic relations with the Order."


Squid 2
"Are you affiliated with any current faction?"


Kirk
"No, we are an independent group, wishing to establish diplomatic relations with the main powers of the world. However, we are not on good terms with the Yeshan Empire, as they are threatening our homeland with their ever expanding border."


Squid 1
"Very Well, we shall escort your envoy to Averna."


Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on January 19, 2014, 06:30:07 am
--CHALADONIAN AIRSPACE 2 CLICKS SOUTH WEST OF AVERNA--

Adrian: " Well now, who's this?"

Adrian eyes the new fleet of ships, and glances at the Mobulas suspiciously. Just after he hears Alexanders voice from below, and he leans over the rail from the helm.

Alexander: " Father, a recent telegram came in from Cathedral. A fleet with that very same composition and Sigil, landed there only a day ago. A coincidence?"

Adrian: " Hmm, you may be onto something old boy, Send a telegram to the Escort. Tell him to ask the captain if he would do me the honor of meeting him, at 12:00 sharp. Tell him to land his own ship at our own personal docks at the north of the City."

Alexander then goes to the telegraph Below decks on the Arbor Gold and tediously taps out the message on the Telegraph that reads

Dear Sir/Madam
His Lordship Adrian Lockheart wishes to request a meeting over lunch, to inquire about your intentions in Chaladon. He wishes you to send your ship to his Private docks at the North end of the city.

He eagerly awaits your Arrival.

Alexander Lockheart
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on January 19, 2014, 02:38:27 pm
--Storm Isles, Latta--

Reagan sighed as the ship pulled into Latta, the storm had beaten them to the punch and now they were stuck here as they waited for the storm to clear. She felt the ship move as it was roped closer to the dock, she climbed out of the hold and got her first look of the Storm Isles up close, to say it was different than what she was used to was an understatement, everything was so lush and green, a farcry from what the Burren stands in, it wasn't that she hadn't seen trees before either, but these had leaves nearly as big as her torso, and trunks as tall as a galleon, not that other trees weren't taller, but it was interesting to see a world less ravaged than the one she spent her daily life in, taking in a deep breath, she gathered her stuff and disembarked the ship.

--Latta, Ocean View District--

The Ocean View District was what one would expect, a long stretch of flat beach flanked by shops and inns, Captain Walker was here attempting to, unsuccessfully, locate something edible other than the rations stocked on their ship. He just really didn't know what there was to eat, though he ventured out grabbed some sort of meat on a stick, it wasn't half bad either. The storm hadn't raged hard over Latta however the winds were strong enough to force them land, now the storm had closed the gap, at least the district was covered with heavy canopy so he was dry for the moment.

Walker
"I swear I heard there was a tea shop around here somewhe - aha!"

Down the street a ways he spotted the tea house, he made his way over and sat himself on one of the outside tables, looking through the menu he at least found things recognized here, and the inevitable number of things he didn't. He ordered a simple black tea and sat about, the storm still raged overhead, yet the locals were confident that it would clear up in a day or two, he didn't need it clear, only calm enough to speed out and make for Landmark through Termini. Only a few yards away he could see Reagan walking over with a few things in hand, she sat across the table from him as his tea was served.

Walker
"Captain."

Reagan
"Captain."

Walker
"From what I hear the storm should begin clearing up either tonight or early afternoon tomorrow. Should it begin clearing tonight we should leave early tomorrow morning to make up for lost time."

Reagan
"So soon? A bit surprising considering, you know."

As if in response the resounding crack of thunder sounded above them.

Walker
"Consider it a bit of well wishing. By the way, have you seen Captain Edwards?"

Reagan
"He's packing supplies for the rest of the journey."

Walker
"A sound plan, best be prepared for anything. On another note we should get some rest should we need to rise early."

He finishes the rest of his tea and sets it down on the table.

Walker
"Now if you need me I'm going to find an inn."

--Garrow, Nightingale Inn--

Amelia wandered into the inn, she hadn't seen any of the ships crew on her way over, nor did she see any of them currently residing in the inn. She sat down on a bench and began sifting through the things she had picked up at the market, which wasn't a whole lot, a satchel which ended up carrying the rest of her plunder, a few balls of yarn and a set of needles. she pulled them out and began working it into a scarf, and before long she found herself an hour later with a finished scarf in hand. She looked up from her work, still no one she recognized in sight, wondering where they could have gone, she stashed everything into the satchel and walked out of the inn.

--Garrow Docks--

Alex
"Oi careful with that!"

Alex and Richard were hanging by the docks, watching as their ship was moved from its resting place in the dry dock, the ship was still obviously damaged, but unless the ship came under heavy stress, it shouldn't be an issue. The tugs released the ropes and the ground crews pulled the vessel closer to the dock before securing it in place, next to the two of them, a cart carrying their little strike craft was sitting just a few feet away, standing the two of them began pushing it towards the prow of their ship. Signaling the dock crew above them they lowered the crane and secured it to the craft, after a few moments the craft was in place and secured tightly.

Alex
"How long do we have?"

Richard
"About an hour and a half I'd say, wanna go for drinks before we set off?"

A tempting thought.

Alex
"Considering? I think we should save the drinks for Landmark."

Richard
"You're the captain, anyways I'm gonna find the rest of the crew and see what they're up to, you coming?"

Alex
"As long as we don't go drinking."

Above them the sun blazed high overhead, the early afternoon rays shined down, ships came and went, and soon plans everywhere would be enacted against each other.


(Also note, if you have been wondering I have a copy of the GoI map from somewhere on the forum, if you want to take a look at it I can post it somewhere.)

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on January 19, 2014, 03:47:29 pm
--Northern docks--

BrdLine
"Gryphos you there? I got help to get into Vyshtorg."

Gareth is slightly bemused by this, not picking up the radio immediately.

Gareth
"Gryphos?"

Zardis
"What is that, a nickname?"

Gareth
"No, but thinking about it now, it totally should be."

Lyre
"Suits you."

Gareth picks up the radio.

Gareth
"Gareth here. I was just thinking about how to get into Vyshtorg myself. We'll follow your lead… Gryphos out."

Lyre
"If you gets  nickname I'm getting one, too."

Gareth
"Oh really? What?"

Lyre
"Something mysterious like 'Felldawning'. And then, to make it even more mysterious, I can just change it whenever I feel like it."

Zardis
"What kind of maniac would do that?"

--Chang-ning, Tiger's office--

The Deer stands opposite the Tiger, who's sat in his chair tapping his fingers impatiently on the desk.

Deer
"Any word from Ny-lee?"

Tiger
"None. Looms like we won't be getting her on the mission."

Deer
"Surely you have others who can carry out such a covert operation."

Tiger
"Plenty. The mission shall carry on as usual. I'd expect the deed to be done within the next few days."

Deer
"Good. To lower suspicion of a Yeshan ship docking in Vyshtorg, I've sent a message to Lord Slava telling him to expect a Yeshan envoy."

Tiger
"Good, good. I'll radio the task force and fill them in on the ruse they'll be playing."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on January 20, 2014, 06:32:24 pm
Cathedral

Northern Docks

(Gareth)
"Gareth here. I was just thinking about how to get into Vyshtorg myself. We'll follow your lead… Gryphos out."

(BdrLine)
"Opps sorry for the name slip up Gareth. Something about you remind me of someone else, but it does suits you. And just gives a few minutes to start my ship up. Rise when we rise. BdrLine out."

Placing the radio back down, BdrLine turns to three three looking of the window. 

(BdrLine)
"We'll time to go. Courage start the ship, I'm just going to call Ny-Lee that we are departing. What are you guys looking at?"

Curious at what got the attention of his friends, he goes to the window as well and looks out at the semi busy skies.

(BdrLine)
"Seriously, what are you guys looking at."

(Althea)
"While you were talking, we saw a pair of crazed Squids flying around with a damaged Galleon following it from behind. They flew to the southern docks and lowered over there."

(Charles)
"The interesting thing was that the Galleon looked familiar."

(BdrLine)
"Well the City's guards have that problem for now. Come on we are going now. So Courage if you please."

(Courage)
"Alright, alright. I'm on it."

Moving away from the window, Courage exits the cabin to the helm and starts the Goldfish. Feeling the vibrations of the ship, satisfied, BdrLine goes back to the radio and calls his sister.

(BdrLine)
"Hey Ny, you there?"

Back on board the Comet, Lau, Pān, and Wèi finishes up with the ship check up and hears the radio crackle to life as a message comes through. The trio turn there heads from each other and then to the radio.

(Wèi)
"So, who wants to answer it?"

(Pāi)
"Lau, I think you should, you are the only officer here."

(Lau)
"But it's for the Captain."

(Wèi & Pān)
"Just answer it!!"

(Lau)
"Sheessh alright, and I'm the officer around here."

Moving towards the radio, Lau coughs to clear his voice and picks the receiver up.

(Lau)
Ensign Lau standing in for Captain Zhao. May I request who is calling on this frequency and state your reason."

(BdrLine)
"This is Azn Zhao, brother of your Captain, and I have a message for here."

(Lau)
"Oh yes, sorry sir. What's the message"

(BdrLine)
"Tell my sister, that my ship and another will be heading to the Guild capital to scope out what behind the conspiracy we found."

(Lau)
"Alright,I'll give it to her. Is that it?"

(BdrLine)
"Yes. Wait, are my parents on board yet?"

(Lau)
"No, but we already told them where the ships are and when we are departing."

(BdrLine)
"Ok, I'm off. Bring them back safely."

(Lau)
"Don't worry sir. Ensign out."

With a click, the radio becomes silent. Lau then moves to the one side of the ship and yells over to the people on the Lighting.

(Lau)
"Captain!! Your brother called."

(Ny-Lee) 
"What did he say?"

(Lau)
"He said that he was leaving for the Guild to start investigating from what we got from Zardis."

(Ny-Lee)
"Alright, thanks for the information. *Looks at the time* Well we better get ready, it's almost time to leave. Gonna be a while before we get back to the Empire. Get the rest of the crew from the inn."

(Lau)
"Yes Ma'am."

Turning to Pān and Wéi, he tells them to get the others from the Inn to prepare for departure.

Cathedral City Centre, Council Hall

After a moment of trying to find Xin's office, Liu and Shen finally found it after asking a few of the workers for directions. As they near the office, they see Xin's office door where a secretary is stationed next to it typing on a typewriter. The two goes up to the desk where the secretary looks up at there presence.

(Secretary)
"Mr. and Mrs. Zhao?"

(Shen)
"Yes."

(Secretary)
"Councilman Xin is waiting for you inside."

After thanking her, the pair goes through the door where they see the Councilman stand up from his chair and walk towards to them. Xin then laughs and embraces the two.

(Xin)
"Ahh good to see that the two of you are well after your encounter. Please come sit."

(Shen)
"Thank you, I see that you are doing well for yourself here in Cathedral."

All three moves towards the desk, Shen and Liu grabs a seat in front of the desk while Xin moves around to his seat.

"It can get tough with complaints from each of the Factions here in the city, but enough of me. How are you two, it's good to see old friends of mine. When I heard that the people who caused the attack were killed and that rumours of an Imperial Couple being rescued, I assumed that they will come visit me for talks, but I didn't know it was you two.

(Liu)
"We are splendid, a little shaken initially, but otherwise fine."

(Shen)
"But Xin, we are not here for personal matter. We have a problem."

Sitting back a bit, Xin places a hand on his chin.

(Xin)
"A problem? How so?"

(Shen)
"How about a conspiracy where the heads of the Tiger and Deer are panning a covert opperation to take over the Guild without reason or cause."

(Xin)
*whisltes* "That is a big problem. Does the Emporer know, or anybody else of the fact?

(Shen)
"I did contact Xi after we were rescued, but I only found out about this conspiracy recently."

(Liu)
"Also, so far only a group of people that we know got wind of this plot."

(Xin)
"A covert take over. Hmm this violates many of the policies you created. I know the older military officers are hot headed and want to expand, but still they need approval from the Senate. So what do I need todo?"

(Shen)
"Well my wife and I will be leaving later today to head back home. But I can converse with the Emperor more about this plot. Also a small team will be leaving for the Guild to get more insight of what is happening. If you can, talk with the Guild Councilman here and see what he thinks."

(Xin)
"I can try, but he is a stubborn one."

(Shen)
"hehe, Aren't we all. But thank you for meeting with us."

(Xin)
"It was my pleasure. It's nice to see friends of mine now and again. And don't worry, I find out what I can as well."

(Liu)
Thank you again, Xin. I'll guess we will be leaving now. Almost time for our ships to leave."

With their final goodbyes, Shen and Liu leave the Hall and walk towards the Northern Docks. At their arrival, the see that both ships are crewed and are waiting for them.

Hours before, BdrLine and his ship rises out of the docks and wait until he sees Gareth vessel coming towards them. With both ships ready, BdrLine sets a course towards Sunder.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Oliver Colt on January 21, 2014, 01:33:21 am
Cathedral Docks

(Lilith)
"Look sis, it's the Galleon!"

She's 21 years old, but her voice and personality are those of a little girl. She's too innocent, trying to help everyone and getting in trouble for it. Like all people in this wrecked world were as good as she is.

Her sister, however, identical twins as they are, couldn't be any more different.

(Elizabeth)
"Isn't it the same one you pointed out to me 3 times already?"

(Lilith)
"It's just so pretty!"

(Elizabeth)
"You say that about every Galleon."

(Lilith)
"They're so pretty..."

Lilith is the only family she's got left, though. Elizabeth sighs and forgets the topic.

(Thomas)
"We still need to find a place to stay."

The engie says that as he comes out of their ship, trying to fix up his grease-stained shirt. He sounds as enthusiastic about this adventure as he did when he was told to repair the ship when they first found it, almost completely destroyed in the ruins of their old hometown. Now it's a fairly decent Junker that still doesn't have a name, but is commonly referred to as That Old Piece of Junk.

(Elizabeth)
"You tell me all the damn things I already know. We can ask around, see what we see. We've done it before."

Oliver jumps out of the ship, and cleaning the oil off his hands with a rag walks towards Lilith, who had gone a little too far off the path to look at god-knows-what.

(Oliver)
"Lilith, stick behind your sister."

(Elizabeth)
"What about me?"

(Oliver)
"Nothing!"

(Lilith)
"Fine, but I'll be bored."

And so they walk towards the first group of people they can encounter, to ask them where ever they could spend the night.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on January 21, 2014, 01:43:58 am
--Garrow Docks--

1 hour later

The crew had gathered on the docks, Alex looked over them as they sat near the ships mooring. It had been a rough few days but things were at least moving forward. An announcement came over the intercom, a ship from the far end of the dock sounded its horn and disconnected from the dock as it set off for parts unknown. Again the intercom sounded and the fleets 4 remaining goldfish disembarked, holding station a respectable distance from the dock. Hearing foot steps behind him he turned to see their passenger join them as they waited the call to disembark. He watched as she approached Lorena, taking something out of her satchel, it was a folded coat, she quickly thanked her and a took a seat, her luggage sitting on the table. Richard sat near him and ordered some water before turning to him.

Richard
"So, what's the agenda?"

Alex
"Making up for lost time, instead of making for Orrington, we'll be heading straight for Serenity Bay through the Oblivion Flats, and from there we'll be flying for Farona, meaning we'll be in the air for a solid 18 to 20 hours."

Richard sighed.

Richard
"So we'll be arriving at noon?"

Alex
"Around then if nothing gets in our way."

The intercom screeched on again.

Intercom
"Vessel 23-13a, you are cleared to disembark."

Reynold
"That's us, lets get moving cap."

Alex
"Right, alright everyone, begin disembarking procedures."

The crew left their seats and made for the ship, Amelia was allowed on board first to make herself comfortable while they worked. Preston and Lorena went below deck to get the engines warmed up. Alex and Richard took a position near the helm as Travis and Reynold began releasing the ropes holding them to the dock. as Dahlia and Phillip came on board the boarding bridge was lifted, the final ropes where released and they began ascending, near them CMS Herald was released from its mooring, the fleets one spire came up from behind them as the three vessels finally formed with the rest of the fleet, they had less forces than when they left, but they still had a mission to complete, and then subsequently get payed. Richard took the helm and took a position on the starboard side of the galleon, a goldfish came up next to them. The other three goldfish took up the port side and the spire took up it's overwatch position to back and above the galleon. Richard then realized something.

Richard
"Captain, I thought we lost all but three of the goldfish?"

Reynold
"They managed to jury rig one of them, towed the entire thing all the way to Garrow. I believe you were napping the entire time, can't blame you though. Apparently repairing a goldfish is standard practice, the thing was ready this morning, fully functional."

Richard
"I see... Well anyways we'll probably be on board for a while, you want to set up the sleeping areas?"

Reynold
"Oh fine, Cap, care to lend a land?"

Alex
"Sure why not."

The two of them began pulling out cots from storage and placed them out, they wouldn't need them till later but it would be good to have them close at hand. Below deck Phillip was sitting on a crate, watching the clouds float by, he felt something on the winds, it wasn't an enemy vessel, no, more like his intuition speaking, something big was about to happen, and the crew was going to be thrust into the fire yet again.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on January 21, 2014, 12:15:43 pm
( O.O.C: Just mentioning, after reading my posts back. I just want to make it clear, Lockheart isn't dead.)

-FIRNFELD, GLOW WATER BAY-

2 Large metal clad steamships gently bob up and down with the tide in the naturally sheltered bay. One of the ships is purely armed for naval combat Brass coloured cannon, gleamed in the orange sunrise to the east. The other had similar cannons, however on the back a large open space carried a Pyramidion. The Ice around the Bay wept gently as it was being melted.

The 2 Captains stood on the Cobbled street, just off the Dock where their ships were Moored.

" Is it done?" Said Captain Oakenshield, a tall man of broad shoulders, and Hands as big as hams; his palms covered with a callus. His Deep brown beard spotted with salt he also wore a Cyclops patch over his right eye, where a scar went down from his bushy eyebrows to the Corner of his mouth, which turned every smile into more of a Grimace.

"Afraid not, the Turncloak got away. He had others with him" says the Pilot of the Pyra, "every one of theirs we took. They took 2... It-It was a-a... Dissapoining result, I hope you will understand. We had no idea he would be with such numbers... We made-"

Captain Oakenshield grabbed Commodore Wylis by the lapel of his jacket.

Captain Oakensheild: " How.. Many... Did... He... Have?"

Commodore Wylis: " 9 Sir..."

Captain Oakensheild: " I GAVE YOU 15 SHIPS, IM LOSING MY PATIENCE WYLIS!" * sigh* " ONE JOB. KILL HIM. ONE."

The Commodore almost fell off the Street into the bay at the loud shouting.

Captain Oakenshield: " I'll do it myself "
 
Oakensheild in one quick movement pulled out his dagger, stabbed the commodore and pushed him into the bay.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on January 23, 2014, 01:50:03 am
Skies over Middle Plains, South of Cathedral

--Starlight--

It's been two hours out of Cathedral and the last rays of sun has fallen over the horizon. Taking the lead is BdrLine's Goldfish with Gareth's ship following closely behind.

Currently on the helm is BdrLine with Althea behind him in the cabin. Both Courage and Charles are downstairs beneath the cabin lying in bunks for a small rest.

Althea then comes out of the cabin and stands besides Bdr as she looks up at the darken sky.

Giving a small yawn of boredom, BdrLine looks straight on ahead.

(BdrLine)
*yawn* "What time is it? I've been flying for a while."

Taking a watch out of her pocket, Althea looks down at it and turns back to sky as she returns it back.

(Althea)
"A little past 8, and besides, you only been on for two hours."

(BdrLine)
"It's the monotony of looking straight and flying that kills me."

(Althea)
"Well then, how about you look you. Not like anything will pop up right in front of you."

Turning his gaze to the skies, BdrLine sees that not a cloud was in sight and there was a full moon glowing. Dozens of twinkling stars can be seen in the clear, mostly silent night.

(BdrLine)
"Looking up at the night sky never seems to get old."

(Althea)
"Sure does, i love night like these. So calm and peaceful with the feeling that all the madness has gone away."

(BdrLine)
"Wish the world would be like this."

Going over behind him, Althea wraps her arms around across his chest.

(Althea) 
"Then it may get dull, and where would the fun be in that. I still like to take shots at raiders now and again."

(BdrLine)
"Hehe, that's true. Go and take some rest. Be a while until we read Sunder."

(Althea)
"How about you?"

(BdrLine)
"I'll wake up either Charles or Courage. But go and have a nap."

(Althea)
"Alright then."

Althea then pecks BdrLine on the checks and then heads in the cabin and pops open a cot.

Skies over Middle Plains, Northwest of Cathedral

--Comet--

With the arrival of Ny-Lee's parents to the Northern Docks, both ships were quickly boarded and soon rise above the City's walls for a return trip home back to Chang-ning.

On board Ny-Lee's Pyramidion, Pān is stationed on the helm whereas Ny-Lee is on the radio calling to the base in the Yeshan Capital.

(Ny-Lee)
"Hello Capital HQ, do you read me? This is Captain Zhao, mine and another ship are heading home and we have both Zhao's on board."

A few seconds of static can be heard until a male voice comes through.

(HQ)
"This is Headquarters. We hear you Captain. So you found and rescued you parents? Congrats, that is great news. Just have your ships get here as soon as possible. Radio in again once you get close to the Capital, we'll have some escorts to bring you home."

(Ny-Lee)
"Roger on that. We are going at full speed."

(HQ)
"With you guys coming home, I'll bet they'll throw celebration once you arrive. But congrats again. Headquarters out.

With the line disconnected, Ny-Lee turns the equipment off and turns to Pān.

(Ny-Lee)
"Keep her on course to Chang-ning, let get there as soon as possible."

(Pān)
"Aye, Captain."

Satisfied, Ny-Lee turns and goes to the rear housing compartment where Roland and her parents are. She opens the door and sees that her father is awake where as her husband and mother are asleep.

(Ny-Lee)
"Dad, I just called the Capital. They know we are on our way back."

(Shen)
"That's good to hear. But Ny, once we get back, what about that meeting with the Admiral? Remember the plot that we found out?"

(Ny-Lee)
"I don't know. I may just have to go with my instincts."

Shen then gives a small smile to his daughter.

(Shen)
"Just trust them to lead you to what is right."

(Ny-Lee)
"I will dad, I mean look when my instinct brought me. Finding you and mom safe."

(Shen)
"That's the little girl I know."

(Ny-Lee)
"Have some rest dad, I'm going back to check with the others."

Giving a nod to her, Ny-Lee smiles and closes the door behind her and oversees her vessel.

--End of Day 11--


--Start of Day 12--


(The day is over officially, but let's have some night events to make some things interesting. You don't have to write a post in the night you can fast forward to morning as well, just state something to fill in the time.)
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on January 23, 2014, 02:48:54 am
--Latta--

That night the storm above them was weakening, though it was expected to grow in strength in a few hours time, long enough for them to get out of the isles. Reagan was checking the ships hull integrity with one of the engineers, stress points were tested, engine fastenings were secured, and overall the hull was checked twice over with a comb. For the first time the stars poked through the night sky, in the distance the locals were having a festival, in preparation of the coming rains that would nourish their crops and supply water for the coming months.

Reagan
"So, think we're going to be leaving soon?"

Engineer
"Think so, storms cleared long enough to hightail it out of here."

Reagan
"I guess you're right."

Behind them a few footsteps echoed behind them, Captain Walker and Captain Edwards strolled on up, each of them holding two steaming cups. Edwards passed one to her and Walker passed the other to the engineer, who, after thanking him studied it. Reagan took a look into the cup, the liquid was a brownish red color, a spicy fragrance with a hint of chocolate.

Walker
"Who would have guessed a place like this made the best hot coco?"

Edwards
"Not me, then again I'm not one for hot chocolate, more of a coffee person."

Reagan
"Might I ask where Willard and Peterson are?"

Edwards
"Enjoying themselves on the beach, two of them are younger then both of us. You included."

The engineer just nodded his head at that, and went back to inspecting the ship.

Walker
"Funny, I don't feel old."

Edwards
"That's because you're crazy."

Walker
"Anyways, we leave once those two get back, hopefully soon, we have a limited time frame."

Reagan
"So, are we stopping at Termini or not?"

Walker, much to his credit stroked his chin, which was beginning to grow a beard. Fireworks from the beach exploded above them, showering the sky with brilliant colors. Everyone present stopped to look at the scene, while certainly not as amazing as Cathedrals Spring Festival only days earlier, it still had charm that captivated the hearts and imaginations of the local populace. After a few moments Walker turned to the crew present.

Walker
"We'll be by passing Termini and heading straight for Widow's Point, stop for fuel, and then fly straight for Landmark."

Navigator Willard
"No rest for the wicked huh?"

Behind them, Willard and Peterson approached them, equipment in hand, a rather sad look on their face, but determined nonetheless.

Walker
"Since we're all here, we might as well get airborne."

The crew began unfastening the ropes that held the ship to the dock, after a few moments the squid was released from its moorings, the engines flickered, Edwards took the helm and flew a slow circle, before heading southward.

--Middle Plains, 5 kilometers out from Serenity Bay--

The sun had set only a few hours ago, in the distance, the dull flickering of lights signaled they were getting close to Serenity Bay, they wouldn't be stopping, not until they reached Farona. Reynold was at the helm, most of the others were asleep, Phillip was still awake, visibly worried about something, something even he didn't know but told him to keep an eye out. Richard was leaning over the front railing of the ship, a device in his hands which he pointed towards the city in front of him, a few flashes of light burst forward from it before he stashed it in his duster. Reynold always liked flying at night, there was something so calming about it, things were seen differently in another light. He examined the other vessels in the fleet, like his they were flying at reduced speeds, just enough that they would disturb anyone currently sleeping. Richard jaunted on over before sitting on crate next to him.

Richard
"Quiet night eh?"

Reynold
"Yeah, a nice change of pace, don't ya think?"

Richard
"A bit of a callback to before we came to Cathedral, soaring through the skies with nought a care in the world, so, what is that thing anyways?"

Reynold
"What's what?"

Richard
"Right there."

He pointed off towards a silhouetted figure over the bay. Even from so far away it seemed large and imposing.

Reynold
"I think, that would be the Serenity lighthouse."

Richard
"Not really doing its job is it?"

Reynold
"It fell into disrepair years ago, during wars there wasn't much time to maintain it, even then parts of it were sabotaged, though from what I hear there are families who are looking to bring back the proud tradition of maintaining the damn thing."

They passed over Serenity Bay, below them the city lights seemed even more brilliant, Richard hopped over to the railing, and pulled that device out of his duster again, a few flashes of light later and he stashed it in his duster again.

Reynold
"Alright, your turn, what's that thing?"

Richard
"This? This is a camera."

Reynold
"So that's a camera, never actually seen one before now. A lot less impressive then I though it was."

Richard
"Well, it gets the job done."

Soon the fleet diverted coarse southward, the lighthouse fading from sight behind them.

(O.O.C that was actually kind of fun to write.)
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: macmacnick on January 23, 2014, 03:23:52 am
--Over Chaladon--


Kirk and his Envoy have Been over the island of Chaladon for most of the day, and now, all night. As he has had success, he contacts the council back home, and is in the midst of a sort of 'Radio conference call' involving him, along with Mac and the Council.
~~Over the Radio~~
Kirk
Success has been achieved, at least up to this point, in gaining cooperation with the Order. I have a meeting arranged with one of the Chaladonian leaders around Lunchtime tomorrow.


Mac
"So, Kirk, why does it seem like you always get assignments which end up involving you and an influential politician chatting over lunch?"


Kirk
"Heh, it's probably because of my reputation, along with my luck. Also, I wasn't the one experimenting with Lochnagar Hwachas."


Mac
"Damn, I knew I shouldn't have tried that experiment, it was from the start destined to fail..."


Council Member
*Ahem* "To what extent were the Envoys successful?"


Mac
"The Cathedral envoy was successful, but there was a slight rocky patch."


Council Member
"Explain."


Kirk
"Jeez, Pieman, what's with the strict attitude today?"


Mac
"Yeah, why so direct today, Pieman?"


Pieman
"...I'm still waiting on an explanation..."


Mac
"Okay. So, After we landed, a group including myself went out to scout out potential places to stay, but were confronted regarding by a customs official saying we needed to register our ships with the Cathedral authorities. After I completed the forms, and was about to exit the customs compound, I was confronted by a Cathedral militia officer who wanted to know our motives. I obliged, and explained it all to him. Lieutenant Daniels was his name, I think..."


Pieman
"And you, Kirk?"


Kirk
"Well... We're still waiting on a meeting with an influential Chaladonian nobleman, and discussing manners over lunch."


Pieman
"Good Luck with that."


Mac
"Good Luck, Kirk."


Pieman
"The other council members and I have decided to postpone the envoys to The League and the Mercantile Guild."


Mac
"Very well then."


Kirk
"Very well."
~~end Radio Call~~


--Cathedral--
 Mac and his group finally resume their scouting of Cathedral, and thus are looking for accommodations at an inn, along with a warehouse for storage and workshops.


Mac
"Oh, look! A warehouse for Sale."


Group member 1
"Looks slightly like a fixer-upper to me..."


Mac
"Tom, why are you always so negative?"


Tom
"Seeing things in the worst-case scenario means one can never be let-down."


Mac
"...I don't want to agree with that, but that's actually true..."


Mac then goes and purchases the warehouse, and promptly gets to work fixing it up and setting up a workshop for himself and other Cake members.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on January 23, 2014, 11:14:56 am
--CATHEDRAL--

Lockheart awoke in Catherdrals large infirmary. He was in a White tiled room, he immediately tried to move. But he fell back; tired and crying out in pain.
He looked to his left hip where his Deep sword gash was after the Raiders got him. His wound was clean and a fresh bandage covered his waist.

-- 3 days earlier, 2 leagues south of Cathedral--
Aboard the "Yeshan Dragon"

Lockheart: "well, skies are clear from here on-wards it seems"
Lockheart beamed as he spun the wheel hard right to turn them north towards Catheral.
He left the helm and told his First mate to take command for now.

Lockheart: " Well, Fadeshade. How long are we until cathedral?, Anvala was all well and good but i want to see the rest of the Mercantile Guild before returning to Averna. Also the Council was giving me the whole..."

*lockheart makes a mouth with his hand and starts imitating the Anvalan Council*

Lockheart: " Can we expect more relations and agreements with our new friends in Averna,... The guild is grateful for assistance but there are matters they wish to settle.."

Fadeshade: " You shouldent of got involved int he seige, Ser."

Lockheart turns to him and smiles.

Lockheart: " No i shouldent but, well... I was in the city and i didnt intend on being eviscerated... And i wont say no to a brawl now and then..."

Fadeshade does some writing then turns back to Lockheart.

Fadeshade: " Indeed, 2 days travel to Cathedral... But... Will this not strain relations with the Baronies?"

Lockhearts face turned sour. He sighed. Put a hand on his sword hilt and began to walk to his quarters.

Lockheart: " lets hope none lived to see our banners..."

2 hours passed with nothing but the clear sky in-front of the "Yeshan Dragon", Lockheart sat in his Quarters drinking and plotting, and occasionally coming out to check course and get some air. Then when they were in a gentle valley at night. The sky was foggy and the Helmsman just had to rely on his compass to see where they needed to go. The "Yeshan Dragon" led the fleet of 9 ships returning from Anvala, 4 carrying the wounded after the ground battle. Then all of a sudden they were surrounded by 10 Pyramidions and 5 Galleons. They bore no sigil. The alarms rang and the ships formed up.

Lockheart was called out onto the helm to lead his motley, but experienced squadron.

It was a bloody skirmish, starting with flares being fired to allow the Chaladonian fleet to see their foes. The "Yeshan Dragon" fired its top deck Hwacha at the first Pyra, its balloon was torn to shreds and it immediately sunk. The rest of the fight involved 2 galleons ripping apart 2 of the ships that carried the wounded. But Lockhearts Goldfishes and Pyras soon finished off 4 Galleons and 6 Pyras, sustaining No more losses to their own fleet.

2 Pyras then boarded Lockhearts ship while the remainder scuppered, or fled. One of Lockhearts ships, "The White Whaler" managed to harpoon one of the crewless Pyras away. While the crew were battling on deck.

Lockheart deflected blow after blow, lunge after lunge, parried every strike that came his way with his supreme swordsmanship. He pulled out his pistol a few times and shot a few of the raiders. But in a locked Sabre conflict with one of the ships captains he parried his over head strike and lunged forward thrusting his sword into the captain, but he was also wise and Lockhearts left side was now open, he stuck. The blade connecting with Lockhearts body as he fell to the floor. Lockheart Dropped to the floor and crawled towards his quarters whilst his crew pushed back the wave of invaders.

For the rest of the voyage, 2 of Lockhearts Squid scouts towed the Broken Galleon toward Cathedral ahead of his fleet. His wound began to fester and his vision become blurry. He had no word from the rest of his fleet. He only hoped that they made it here...


Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on January 24, 2014, 01:00:50 am
Skies over Middle Plains

--Starlight--

Flying nonstop since their departure, the two ship formation fly over the town of Sunder some time near midnight. Onboard the Goldfish, the crew are taking 4 hour shifts on manning  the helm. As of now, it is ten pass six in the morning and Courage is the only one awake.

Downstairs in the room below Courage, BdrLine and Charles are still asleep in their cots, while Althea takes up the space in the cabin. With the morning sun coming through the window in the cabin, the light rays falls upon her face. Slightly irritated, Althea turns away from the light but can't seem to hid from it as the whole room is engulfed with light. As a last ditch effort, she places the blanket over her face which seems to block it out. Feeling content, she then drift back to sleep, not until the door near the helm opens with a bang.

(Althea)
"Arghh, can't even get a few more hours in."

(Courage)
"Well good morning to you as well."

(Althea)
"What is it Courage that you have to slam the door open."

(Courage)
"One, I didn't slam it open, you maybe heating things. And two, my four hours are up and it's Charles turn."

(Althea)
"You going downstairs to wake him up? Wait, what time is it?"

Sitting up and swinging her legs over to the side, Althea grabs her watch from the table and checks the time.

(Althea)
"A little over six o'clock. Here Courage, just watch the helm for a little bit while I'll get the two."

(Courage)
"But I just need Charles to take over, why do you need to wake Bdr?"

(Althea)
"Just a bit of payback for waking me up early yesterday. Which reminds me, watch your back a bit Courage, I need to get you back for right now."

With a slight gulp, Courage watches as Althea exits out the cabin. Heading down the stairs, Althea turns right and opens the door leading to the other room. Seeing that both men are still asleep, she plots on how to get some revenge from her partner. Seeing that he is in a hanging cot, Althea silently tip toes to Bdr and grabs the hanging fabric. As she abouts to pull the under he, BdrLine places a hand on her wrist. Surprised, Althea looks to his face and sees that his eyes are open.

(Althea)
"How did you know I here?"

(BdrLine)
"Remember how I'm an earlier riser? I was about to get up until I heard you open the door. For kicks I stayed in a bit to see what you were up to. I didn't know that you would try and place me on the floor." 

Moving her wrist from his hand, Althea crosses her arms and tilts her head up to the overhead.

(Althea)
"Well I needed to get you back from yesterday's morning."

BdrLine gives a small laugh as he stands up and hugs the pouting Althea.

(BdrLine)
"Hehe, try a little harder next time. Soo good morning, may I ask why you are down here besides on exacting revenge."

(Althea)
"Well Courage finished his shift and is now Charles' turn."

Stirring at the sound of his name, Charles turns and lazily opens his eyes to see who is in the room.

(Charles)
"What about me?"

(Althea)
"Courage is done, you need to get up there and fly the ship."

(Charles)
"*groans* Alright, I'll be there."

With the speed of a sloth on adrenaline, Charles slowly gets off his cot and places his shoes on. Moving pass the couple, he opens and exits through the door heading for the stairs. 

Rolling his eyes and shaking his head, BdrLine brakes the hug and opens the door leading to the hold.

Curious, Althea follows and pokes her head in.

(Althea)
"What you doing down there?"

Some dings and clanks can be heard as BdrLine rummage though their belongings and equipment until an "Ah-ha" can be heard. He reemerges with a small cooker and a bag of food.

(BdrLine)
"Well since we all are mostly awake, why not some breakfast. What time is it anyway?"

(Althea)
"Well it is around six in the morning, and I do feel a bit famished."

(BdrLine)
"Six in the morning huh? Hmm, can you help me set it up on the main deck, I need to say something to the two up there as well."

Nodding, Althea opens and hold the door letting BdrLine through. Once out, they go to the main deck of the Goldfish and lay out the cooker and supplies. As they set up, BdrLine sees that Charles is already at the helm and turns to him.

(BdrLine)
"Charles, is the radar on? We may see some raider activity here in the morning."

(Charles)
"Should be, it's been on since we left Cathedral."

(BdrLine)
"Just watch it, some of these guys like to surprise ships with the sun in their eyes."

(Charles)
"On it."

Turning back, BdrLine sees that Althea has already set the cooker up and has a lighter out to start the flames. She then places some bacon and crack some eggs on to it.

(Althea)
"So we may encounter raiders huh?"

(BdrLine)
"Maybe, they usually ones for surprises."

(Althea)
"Well we have surprises as well."

Nodding, BdrLine goes over and helps with the cooking.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Oliver Colt on January 25, 2014, 12:39:48 am
Wild Winds Inn - Cathedral

Elizabeth and Thomas are counting the money they have left, which isn't much. They'll need to find a job soon.

(Elizabeth)
"We can just do our thing for a while, it should be enough."

(Thomas)
"We definitely need something bigger though. You think this is gonna last a week?"

(Elizabeth)
"If we want something big we need to look for it first! We can't just make stuff up!"

(Oliver)
"Alright! Doing our thing. I can do that. I'm heading off to the city center if anyone wants to tag along."

(Elizabeth)
"Good that. I'm going to the saloon we saw earlier, see what I can find. Let's go Lilith!"

(Thomas)
"Alright, I'll be going to the docks then if anyone cares..."

(Lilith)
"Bye Thomas, have fun!"

Oliver was probably pickpocketing the whole day, that's "his thing". Pretty uneventful for him aside from that.

Somewhere in Cathedral

Lilith and Elizabeth walk in and notice the place is almost empty, except for the barman and three gentlemen who are playing poker while they drink. It's not surprising, considering the time of the day.

(Bartender)
"Good mornin'. What can I do for you ladies?"

(Elizabeth)
"We're just looking for something to distract ourselves if that's ok, thank you."

(Bartender)
"Feel free, call me if you need anything."

As he goes back to ask the men if they want anything else, Elizabeth starts looking around the place. It's not fancy but it's well kept. The usual saloon you'd see anywhere else. There's a piece of paper hanging in one of the walls and she gets closer to read it. This could be their big thing... Or not.

(Elizabeth)
"Selling a house? Who'd leave this place, it's literally the best a city can get."

(Barman)
"Huh? Oh that. Sorry miss, the house has already been sold, I forgot to take that down."

(Lilith)
"Oh no..."

(Elizabeth)
"Oh, it's ok. We'll be leaving now, good day."

And with that they head to the city center, see what they see.

The docks

Thomas has been walking around for a few hours now, looking in several establishments nearby and overhearing casual conversations to try to catch something useful. After a while more of trying he starts heading back to the Inn.

(Girl #1 -lol NPCs-)
"Excuse me, sir?"

It was a young lady, really pretty too.

(Thomas)
"Oh. Good afternoon. How can I help you, miss?"

(Girl)
"I don't think I've seen you before around here. My name is Emma."

(Thomas)
"Uh, I'm Thomas Grant, nice to meet you."

(Emma)
"I was wondering if you'd help me take some of my luggage to my hotel. It's not far from here, I promise."

And throwing at him her only bag she started leading the way.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: macmacnick on January 27, 2014, 01:46:36 am
--Cathedral--

Narrator
Mac, Having recently bought an old warehouse, was having a heyday refurbishing it, adding space for ships to be worked on, fireproofing, and a dedicated testing chamber for fire-based weapons, along with workshop and heavy weapons testing section. Currently, Mac was tinkering with the VSS Crii'c'et, adding some improvements to the engines, trying to eke out as much thrust as possible due to additional weight. He had already upgraded the radio system and replaced the side light weapon mounts with heavy weapon mounts, reinforcing the structure of the mounts to accommodate the weight of the extra heavy guns. Two light weapon mounts were added to the rear portion of the ship, accessible from the upper deck and angled 30° towards the back to reduce the size of the rear blindside.
End Narrator

--Cathedral,  Mac's Warehouse--

Jen approached Mac quietly, giving him a surprise when she suddenly materialized seemingly out of thin air.

Mac
"Jen, Stop sneaking up on me like that!"

Jen
"Sorry, but it's so funny to see your reaction whenever I do it!"

Mac
"Still, Jen, come on! I could end up dropping a large or delicate object on myself, and having to face the consequences."

Jen
"Well, Maybe I'll stop doing that."

Mac
"Anyways, I'm nearly done with this engine; I presume you came to 'play' with the fire weapons?"

Jen
"You got that one right!"

Mac
"Just let me finish this engine... There! Perfect!"

Jen
"Flame time?"

Mac
"No, it's obviously extinguisher time... Of course it's Flame time!"

Narrator
Mac and Jen then spend the rest of the day playing with flame-based weapons, experimenting with cooking things with flamethrowers, and experimenting with different types of fuels for flamers to see which burns hottest.
End Narrator
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on January 27, 2014, 11:05:23 am
-- Cathedral --

Julius Lockheart was dispatched from hospital in Cathedral only a few hours later he woke up. Considering all that had to be done was cleanse his wound and sew it up. He wondered around the infirmary looking for men under his command. He found 3 that came with him on the galleon and checked to see if they were all right. Their Doctors told him it wasn't anything they didn't treat day to day; so Lockheart wished them well and then went and claimed his Clothes that had been washed. He spent half a hour in his room putting on his Dark grey trousers carefully over his wound, he then donned his Thick Fur lined boots with metal plating over the shinguard, his Shirt, Grey-blue Longcoat, Brass lined Vambraces, Gloves, Leather and Steel shoulder Pauldron, Shoulder Cloak, Sword belt, Decorative fabric belt to go over the Sword belt, Pistol holster and then he finally got to doing his hair...

After all this his lit his pipe and walked out into Cathedral, limping slightly and hand resting on his hilt of his Longsword. He took in the sights of the City, the Guildhall, the inns, the houses. All of them New to him. He eventually found his way to the Docks by fortune and found the "Yeshan Dragon" and its 2 squid scouts in the Docks undergoing repairs next to a fleet of Mobulas. Lockheart walked up to his Galleon.

Lockheart: " Fadeshade, you up there?" He shouted

A few moments passed and a familiar face popped over the rail.

Fadeshade Grinned, " Aye Captain were here. You best get yourself up here before you get involved in any more political matters."

Lockheart laughed and went up to his ship.
When he clambered on to the Main deck he found another familiar face sat at a table that had been set out in the sun. It was still early Morning.

Gerris Townsend  rose from his seat, while having a hand on his back. He was a old man with a long grey beard, he was one of Lockhearts favourite captains and a esteemed Haggler.

Lockheart: " Gerris!, How have our paths intertwined once more?"

He said grinning and holding out a hand the the man.

Gerris: " I keep trying to stay outta your way, but i keep getting pulled in" he smiled " Nah, its an honour to see you again sir. Please sit, sit i have had some tea prepared for us" he laughed "Pfff ha aha ha, look at me telling you what do do on your ship ha ha ha"

Lockheart sat down opposite him and took a cup of Tea and took a sip of it.

Lockheart: " So Captain Gerris, what brings you here?"

Gerris: " You!", " You bring me here "

Lockheart: " Me?, how so?"

Gerris was about to talk when Lockheart spoke again.

Lockheart: " My father wasn't it, he was having a little panic attack, it was either him or Alexander or Cecelia....Cecelia. Oh god!" He craned his head to the helm where Fadeshade was resting. " Fadeshade, How long was i out?"

Fadeshade: " 3 days since we docked, and were already a week behind Schedule"

Lockheart: " Oh boy, She isn't going to be happy..."

Gerris chuckled " No, she ain't. You left her once for 3 months without a wisp of knowledge on where you were going or what you were doin'. She's going to shoot you with that pin-point accuracy o'hers"

They both took a sip of Tea and sat in silence for a moment.

Gerris: " Your First mate told me o' what happened a few days back." Gerris Shook his head slowly " A nasty business it is... killin' the wounded"

Lockheart stared into his tea for a moment, all of it coming back at once.

Lockheart: " Indeed.. Horrible..., did the rest of the fleet make it Fadeshade? "

Fadeshade: " Aye cap'n. The wounded arnt so wounded and their making good progress back to Averna after being re-supplied."

Lockheart took in the good news blankly, still staring into his cup.

Lockheart: " How long till were ready to head back again?"

Fadeshade: " a day will give us enough time. "

Lockheart: " You have till 0600 tomorrow morning to get us ready to set sail home... I want to see my wife..."

He thought of Cecelia, her long brown hair, her smile and her big blue eyes. Then he thought of home, of the Big impending dark structure of His house in the rich district of Averna, of His Fathers study, and the Gardens. The Sparring yard, the pond and the Tea table and the trees all backed out onto open sky...

Lockheart: " Make that till Midnight tonight, get word to our captains. And get the ship in as best a state as you can..."

Fadeshade sighed " Aye sir..."

Gerris: " Is Mr Lockheart smitten again?"

Lockheart: " Shut up Gerris " he said playfully.

Gerris downed the rest of his tea.

Gerris: " Well  i'll be off now, got a hold full o Bullets that'll keep the Baronies waiting if i don't set of North again soon... Safe Travels my boy.."

Lockheart stood up and hugged the Old man.

Lockheart: " You too"

Gerris left and Lockheart sat down drinking his tea in the early morning sunlight.

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Oliver Colt on January 27, 2014, 03:29:46 pm
Cathedral

They have been walking for about 5 minutes when Thomas recognized the place. It was a way to the town center, but not the one people would usually take. It's always good to know different routes anyway. They keep walking as Emma keeps talking. And talking, and talking, and talking. It's alright though, she's pretty and seems to be interested in him (SCORE!).

Lilith, Elizabeth and Oliver are walking around the same area. Since it's just crowded enough, it's a great place for getting a few coins that people happen to "drop" here and there. Oliver spots Thomas and his companion as they are going in an alley.

The alley

(Thomas)
"This kinda looks like a dead end."

(Emma)
"What? Haha! No, no, my hotel is just down here."

Down the road

Oliver can't help but start laughing like a madman. He usually does it, but that sudden burst nearly made Elizabeth jump this time.

(Oliver)
"Did you see that? Oh my gods Thomas is with a girl! Let's go, I must ruin this!"

(Elizabeth)
"See what? What? Hey hold on!"

(Lilith)
"Oliver, no! Don't be so mean with him!"

And the three of them start running towards the alley.

The alley again

Emma walks towards the end of the alley and stands there waiting for Thomas to do the same. She looks at him and grins, and he gets closer slowly... they should at least go out for dinner first! And this place isn't all that nice anyway, they're too close to a huge garbage bin, and it's so dark...

(Oliver)
"Hey dude! The darker the place, the more attractive she'll think you-"

As he was yelling his clever comment from the entrance of the alley (he had been thinking about it while he was running here) someone came out from behind the garbage bin and tackled Thomas to the ground. In a similar fashion, Elizabeth knocked Oliver to the side to hide from view (like they couldn't hear him before).

(Oliver)
"Shouldn't we be helping?"

(Elizabeth)
"Sure, you take the guy coming from behind us"

(Oliver)
"Who?"

(Lilith)
"Hello, angry looking sir!"

Oliver turned around to face the guy who had been "guarding" the alley, just in time to get punched right on the nose. He stumbles back and leans on the wall to get back on his feet, dodging the next punch and throwing one back. As they continue fighting, Elizabeth walks into the alley. There's the first guy, completely knocked out on the ground. Then there's Thomas, in the process of being just that same way because the girl is on top of him, punching him in the face.

(Elizabeth)
"Are you effing serious right now?"

(Emma)
"Who the hell are you? Get out, or I'll beat you too."

(Elizabeth)
"Thomas, what the hell are you doing?"

As the girl gets up and starts readying to attack Elizabeth, Thomas gets enough time to grunt something.

(Thomas)
"I... I wasn't gonna..."

But he's cut off when the girl lands a kick on his stomach. Taking the distraction as an advantage, Elizabeth moves towards the girl quickly and grabs her right arm. She then moves her right leg behind Emma's and in one movement pulls her arm back, throwing her on the ground.

(Elizabeth)
"Turn them facing down and sit on their back, then hold both their hands and tie them up. I can't believe I still remember this shiz."

(Thomas)
"Thanksss..."

(Elizabeth)
"Yeah, quit whining and give me your belt."

Elizabeth finishes her work by stuffing a rag in the girl's mouth and taking the loot from her purse and the guy's pockets. As Thomas tries to get back on his feet, they catch the ending of the other fight. Oliver is almost beaten to the ground by the other, much bigger man... and then Lilith comes from behind and breaks a wooden board on the man's head. What would they do without her.

Thomas and Elizabeth walk towards the... now two collapsed guys, and Lilith. She starts shaking Oliver and he eventually gets up and going again. They check the man's pockets and get a few more coins. Why on earth would thieves like them keep money while they're working? In case they want to stop somewhere for a beer, maybe?

(Oliver)
"What would they steal from you anyway, you certainly don't look like you have money..."

(Thomas)
"What do I know? Maybe the girl did like me."

And this time it ended in Elizabeth punching Oliver for making her jump. Heading back to the hotel seems like the best option, they've had too much for one day anyway. And so the day wasn't as unproductive as we thought.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on January 27, 2014, 04:22:02 pm
Lockheart left the fixing of his ship up to his crew. After getting bored in his Quarters, he decided to wonder Cathedral once again. Walking towards the warehouses. Did'nt we used to have a warehouse here in Cathedral... Hmmm yes it was this one on the end. He thought as the walked towards the building. He looked at the side door; " Lockheart Trading Co " was written on the door in faded paint. He walked to the door which was open and saw people incinerating random things with flamethrowers. They never saw him at the door, Lockheart Questioned whether he should inquire to their intentions. But he decided against it. He then walked to the nearest inn, on his way there he heard a small commotion in the alley nearby, but it seemed to resolve itself so he didnt intervene. He carried on walking, lonely down the streets till he found the " Wild Winds Inn ".

He stepped inside, took a seat at he bar. The place was relatively empty.

Lockheart glanced at the Bartender, his face he seemed to recognized.

Bartender: " What can i get you?"

Lockheart: " The Strongest stuff you got.... Oh and could you fetch me a map please?"

The bartender looked at him and nodded, got him his ale and map. Lockheart Placed some brass coins on the counter. And sipped at his drink.

Whats the Quickest way home?he thought as he mulled over his drink and the map.

 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on January 27, 2014, 09:36:23 pm
--Somewhere Over Wreckreef Bay--

Reagan
"So that's a Zephyr."

Their squid had slowed it's pace a fair amount, the flight currently was easy going and the morning sun was already midway through the sky. Sailing beside them a large vessel was trundling along, strangely off the trade lanes. It was about as massive as a galleon, a bit shorter and slightly pointed, It's hull had a large cavern inside of it quite visible from the outside, inside dozens of boxes and a few vehicles were stored, the vessels crew went about their business, checking cargo and rigging, a few waved to them. Reagan found the vessel interesting, she hadn't really seen them before, what was most intriguing was the double balloon That held the vessel aloft.

Edwards
"We're coming up on Widow's Point in about 30 minutes."

The peninsula was coming up on them, below them fishing vessels went about their business, a few pickets guarded the cost line. The freighter diverted course east towards Iron Island as they continued towards Widow's Point.

--3 Hours Later, High Over Three Bays--

The fleet had made good time, docking in Farona, they resupplied and refueled, and, apparently due to a strange vote involving large amounts of alcohol and hammers, it was decided they'd make for Aschenfeld instead before stopping for the night. This was why Captain Alexander Henley was rather disgruntled and trigger happy, which explained why he shooting at birds as they passed by. Below deck Phillip was looking over some papers.

Phillip
"Let's see here... copy of the ships log... income papers... aha here it is."

From under a stack of papers he found the ships blueprints.

Lorena
"I take it you found it?"

Phillip
"You bet, I'll take this to the nearest shipwright and get the replacement parts we need to repair this tub. Mind you I wouldn't mind living on this tub."

Lorena
"Funny."

Above them another gunshot rang out.

Phillip
"Is he going to be ok?"

Lorena
"Give him a shower and maybe some food and he'll be fine."

Richard
"I though we repaired this thing?"

Behind them Richard came in, he handed the two of them a sandwich before eating his own.

Phillip
"We did, but we need to replace a few segments of pipe that the repair crew looked over."

Richard sighed.

Richard
"Alright how much?"

Phillip took out a notepad.

Phillip
"Let's see here, at the least, we'll need 50 crowns, but considering I don't know the prices here, we may need as much as 90, maybe more but that might be pushing it.

Richard
"Alright fine, let's check the funds."



Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on January 27, 2014, 11:13:51 pm
Cathedral

--Wild Winds Inn--

With the departure of the many crews yesterday, the Inn is empty save a few costumers at the bar. Manning the bar and the dining area is Lia while Newt is at the Acquisitions desk.

Giving a yawn, Plasma limps down the stairs and sees the mostly empty room. He then turn his head and sees Newt working. A bit surprised, he then goes towards him.

 From the desk, Newt looks over some new contracts that will soon be posted on the Inn's message board when he hears uneven foot steps that stops in front of him. Looking up from the pile, he sees Plasma standing behind the desk.

(Plasma)
"Morning, surprised to see you here."

(Newt)
"Well I still work here. Also with the condition you are still in, I'm guessing I help you and the new girl out a bit. Speaking of which, you should watch over here today, I got the desk."

Plasma turns his head and sees that Lia is still fumbling a little bit."

(Plasma)
"Alright"

He then goes over to the bar counter and walks through the half door that separates the dining area and behind the bar.

(Plasma)
"Here let me help you out a bit."

He then starts to help put away the many clean dishes while Lia continue serving the few patrons there.

(Lia)
"Thanks, even with the place being a bit more empty, I thought I can handle it."

(Plasma)
"No problem, so you like working here?"

(Lia)
"Well more or less, I mean I did see a standoff when I first came here."

(Plasma)
"That? I've seen worst."

(Lia)
"You mean this is normal from where you came from?"

(Plasma)
*shurgs* "More or less. But think you will stay, we are a bit undermanned."

(Lia)
"I guess, still need the money. Also it seems exciting being here, a change from living here in normal Cathedral."

(Plasma)
"Ok then."

The rest of the morning goes by relatively quiet. A few of the regular bar patrons comes through to get a pint, and a group of four entered asking if they had rooms to stay for the night. The four stayed in the dining area for some time before the lot heads out into the city.

Soon lunch comes around and Plasma gives Lia a break as he watches over the counter. As she leaves from the counter, another man enters the Inn and heads towards the bar.

(Plasma)
" What can i get you?"

(Lockheart)
" The Strongest stuff you got.... Oh and could you fetch me a map please?"

Filling a mug, Plasma places it in front of the man as he heads to the front desk to retrieve a map. In that walk, he wonders in his mind of where he saw him before. As he gets back and places the map in front of the man, he places some coins down for his payment.

Taking the coins, Plasma places them in a small vault under the counter. He then leans back and looks at the man at the bar think of where he saw him. He then goes over to him.

(Plasma)
"Excuse me, but were you at Anvala during the Baron siege?"

Skies over Middle Plains, Near the Grasslands

--Comet--

Shouts can be heard onboard the first Pyramidion as Ny-Lee shouts orders to the crew. As the two ship flight passed over Aleston, right before eleven in the morning, they were jumped by two raider Squids and a Junker. The three ships charged the two Pyra's, coming up behind them with the sun's rays covering their advance.

The Squids, one equipped with a front harpoon, a side flame thrower, and rear rocket launcher while the other is equipped with a front gatling gun, a side mortar, and another rocket launcher, led the charge as they circle the Yeshan ships. Following behind them is the Junker with raiders ready to jump either ship.

On the deck of the Comet Ny-Lee sees the incoming squids.

(Ny-Lee)
"Wèi and Pān get the top guns up and running, we can't outrun these two. Chong, ready your men on both ships, see if can pick off some men on that Junker and prepare if we get boarded."

(Wèi, Pān, & Chong)
"Aye Ma'am!"

The three then rush to their positions as the two engineers quickly climb you the ladder and start loading the Gatling and mortar. At the stern, Chong gets his men that are on this ship and starts shooting at the advancing Junker.

(Ny-Lee)
*On the radio* "Syá you there?"

(Syá)
"Yes Cap. I'm here."

(Ny-Lee)
"Get you guns and people ready, we got to fight them off."

(Syá)
"Aye."

(Ny-Lee)
*Yell to top gun deck* "Are the guns ready?"

(Wèi)
"Yes Cap."

(Ny-Lee)
"Good, because one of the Squids is coming now."

Once the Squids caught up to the Pyramidions, they split off to attack each one. The one carrying the harpoon starts to attack Comet. It fires it's harpoon which latches itself in the beak nearly hitting Wèi.

(Wèi)
"Cap we are latched!"

(Ny-Lee)
"I see it. Chong, see if you or one of your men can cut it off. *to herself* want to play like that huh, time for a ride little Squid."

Ny-Lee then puts her ship into full speed, which jerk the Squid as the forward momentum of the Pyra pulls it. As the Pyramidion pulls the small Squid, one of its crew members goes and loads the flame thrower.

(Elite Guard)
"Sir, they are getting the flamer ready."

(Chong)
"Pick him off, we all be roasted if that goes."

The Elite than takes aim as he tries to hit the man loading the weapon. Soon the flamer thrower is loaded and turns to aim at the stern of the Pyra.

(Chong)
"Flak, quick everyone to midship, we need to get out of the flamers range."

Chong and his men quickly get up and move out as soon the flame thrower fired. Chong barely made it out as he oversees that his men were the first one out of danger. He quickly pats his clothes of where small fires started.

(Chong)
"Fires in the back!"

(Ny-Lee)
"I see, you two get ready, gonna turn us around. And someone put them out!"

She then puts the ship in full reverse. As the Pyra moves backwards, Ny-Lee turns around and trim to steer her ship to ram the Squid and weaken it before they fire their front guns.

The crew on the squid sees the incoming ship and tries to release its harpoon to dodge it.

(Ny-Lee)
"Brace!"

A loud crash can be heard as metal hits metal and the Squid rocks and scraps off the side of the Pyramidion. Soon the damaged Squid is in the sights of the top deck guns as Pān and Wèi unloads their weapons.

The Gatling gun swears the deck knocking most of the Squids crew down where the mortar finishes anything that is still alive. Soon the rounds found its mark of the boiler of the Squid which cause a fire to break out and engulf the small ship.

Cheers can be heard on the Pyra as they got their kill. But Ny-Lee hushes them.

(Ny-Lee)
"No time for celebrations, we are still hooked and if we don't cut it we are going to be dragged down."

Chong sees where the rope is attaches and aims his rifle and shoots a few rounds to cut them loose.

(Ny-Lee)
"Nice work Lieutenant, now for the other two. *on the radio* Syá how are you and your crew?"

Static can be heard until Syá's voice comes through.

(Syá)
"We managed to get the second Squid, but their guns manage to injure three onboard. But they can manage."

(Ny-Lee)
"Good, now for the Junker."

(Syá)
"No need, it bugged off once it saw we finished off the Squids."

(Ny-Lee)
"Alright, just stay on course and mend and repair what needed."

(Syá)
"Aye Cap."

Breathing a sigh of relieve, Ny-Lee hangs the receiver back and walk to the stern of her ship. The fires were soon put out and the engineers look over the engines for any damage.

With repairs underway, both ships continue their return trip.

Vychtorg

Inside his warehouse, Zankief looks over the equipment that is being put together for BdrLine and his group arrival. After his call with BdrLine, Zankief starts and sends out his men the political center of the Guild Capital to dig up any information.

As he was about to turn and leave for other matters, a red headed man around his early twenties call to him.

(Zankief)
"Ah, Archer. Any news for me?"

(Archer)
"Yes, and this is pertaining to that conspiracy you told everyone about."

(Zankief)
"Good, so what you found out."

(Archer)
"Well Pops when I was disguised as one of the kitchen staff in Salva's guildhall, I've overheard some servants on their break how there was a letter from the Deer in Yesha, and that it says they can expect some sort of reaching out."

(Zankief)
"Hmm, I'll keep this in mind. Good work Archer. May send you out yet for more of our higher payed contracts. Go back and see if you can get some more info."

(Archer)
"Thanks Pops, and on it."

Archer then leaves Zankief and out of the warehouse to continue his spying work.

(Zankief)
A reaching out of some sorts. Hmm what is the Deer sending.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on January 28, 2014, 12:19:01 pm
Lockheart stares up at the Bartender. And smiles.

Lockheart: " I knew i recognised that face! Your Plasma right?, took the finishing shot at the Burning "Wyvern" if i can remember corectly?"

Lockheart takes a long gulp of his drink.

Lockheart: "That was a goood fight. Ha! So, what brought you to Cathedral?, and what happened to Everyone else?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on January 31, 2014, 05:35:36 pm
Cathedral

--Wild Winds Inn--


(Lockheart)
" I knew i recognised that face! Your Plasma right?, took the finishing shot at the Burning Wyvern if i can remember correctly? That was a goood fight. Ha! So, what brought you to Cathedral?, and what happened to Everyone else?"

Plasma makes a mug of his own and leans on the counter to remember the battle that took place months before.

(Plasma)
"Yeah, and I remember that moment. That Galleon did take a beating, hehe, it just needed a well placed merc shot and a ramming Pyra to take it down. "

He takes another sip and continues to answer Lockheart's question.

(Plasma)
"Well after the battle, I gave my registration and had my reasons to leave. Mostly because I don't want to deal with the 'Council' and how they run things. But the others? Hehe, looks like Zill and Yiski gotten bounties on their heads, I don't know exactly where they are, but all I know that no one will get those bounties. I believe Spoon is still here, maybe still upstairs. Oh and BdrLine was here earlier, but he and his group left yesterday. Currently they found out some sort of covert plan to take over the Guild by some Yeshan leaders.". 

Sips.

(Plasma)
"By the looks of it, you ran into some rough trouble. Care to tell what happen?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 01, 2014, 02:26:32 am
Narrator

The day rolls on as Plasma and Lockheart chatter amongs themselves at the Inn. As the sun sets, Lockhear bids farewell to Plasma to check up with his ships and crews. Plasma and the others with him at the Inn then starts to set the dining room back and ready for night and guest to arrive who are staying.

As for the others in the city, they soon head in for the night. But for those who are traveling through the air on their various mission, there is no rest for the wicked as they watch vigilant in the areas surrounding them.

End of Day 12

Start of Day 13
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on February 01, 2014, 03:42:27 am
--Landmark, Mid Morning--

Their ship docked the next day, out of sight in one of the cities older docks. After a quick change of clothes, Reagan, Edwards and Walker disembarked the ship, hopefully fitting in with the local populace the three of them entered the main streets.

Edwards
"How long do you think till they arrive?"

Reagan
"A day or two? Maybe later this evening."

Edwards
"We can only hope huh?"

Walker
"Alright, we should probably find a place to stay, preferably near where we left the ship, Reagan, you get hold up in the docks and keep a watch for their arrival, Edwards with me, let's find an inn."

The three of them went their separate ways as they made for their destinations.

--Outskirts of Landmark--

The fleet had risen early and made for full speed straight for Landmark as soon as they were able, Commodore Gates ordered his crews with the skill and patience expected of him. Lieutenant Ashikaga came up from below deck as the city drew closer in sight.

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"Soon, we'll have time to rest, soon."

Commodore Gates
"Worn out like the rest of us eh?"

Lieutenant Ashikaga
"More so, I spend most of my night's worrying something else will go wrong."

Commodore Gates
"Well, at least we'll have a fair bit of down time while we're in the city, probably have time to find a place to have a bit of shut eye."

Crewman
"Sir, estimate 50 minutes till we're within city limits."

Commodore Gates
"Thank you, as you were."

Crewman
"Sir!"

With a smart salute he went back to his duties. Gates felt old again, older then he had during his time in Firnfeld, it happened on occasion, at times he felt like the old man who didn't know when to give up. He climbed a ladder and sat looking towards the city.

Commodore Gates
"Maybe after this I should retire, take up residence in some sleepy town, live out the rest of my days in quiet peace."

He'd had his fair share of battles, maybe it was time to step down.

Time passed and soon the fleet began docking procedures as they drifted down towards the city.

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on February 01, 2014, 06:12:29 pm
-- CATHEDRAL --

Early Morning, the " Yeshan Dragon " and its 2 Squid scouts were moored up at the docks. The early morning sunrise washing the ships with a soft yellow light. The Brass colored hulls of the Squids gleaming. The Shadow of the Galleon was cast on to the Dock along with the mimics of all the other ships moored up...

Lockheart: " How long till were ready to sail NOW, Fadeshade?"

Fadeshade scratched his stubble...
Fadeshade: " Well, considering its been 5 hours since we were meant to set off. I'd say anytime soon but your chief engineer insists the engines wont be able to take the Kerosene without them draining and cleaning them all again Now... So maybe" *he checks his Pocket-watch* " It started several hours ago so i'd say in 15 minutes time... and even if they don't finish we'll leave anyway..."

Lockheart: " Good. See to it that they are as clean as possible for a entire, kerosene fueled, Journey to Averna... I'm cutting a several day voyage to a 2 day voyage, and it doesn't come without its risks..." * Glances out to the waking city* " I'll go sign our leaving with the Dock manager."

Lockheart jogs down the gangplank towards the Dock Manager as he did his rounds in the morning.

--AVERNA, CHALADON, LOCKHEARTS FAMILY MANOR--

Just before Noon still morning, Adrian Lockheart sits in his walled garden at the back of his house. The Grey stone wall of his neighboring house taking one side of the Garden, His own house occupying 2 more with the 4th left open to the high sky, looking out over the plains of Chaladon the bright green fields, and dense forests. It was high up since Averna was partially built on a Great Black rock that has thrust out of the ground like a spear. At the open side there was a set of steps leading down the half mountainside, half House foundations. To a set of 4, large arches carved into to rock. Decorated with fancy masonry, inside each of the four, one of the 4 Family airships sat. 3 of them Ornate Galleons painted White and Grey with Silver and shiny Steel trimmings and decorations, the figureheads of them eagles with outstretched wings. There sat the " Black Storm" , " Frost Bringer" and "Hoarfrost".

The fourth ship was Longer and Wider than a Galleon but, shorter in height. It boasted 2 heavy guns on each side on the Bottom deck and on its extremely shallow middle deck, 3 mercury field guns on each side poked out of Gun slots on each of the ships sides. On the Raised Sterncastle there was another Mercury gun on either side and on the Raised Forecastle there was a Hwacha on a turntable. The Manticore heads replaced with Eagles heads in Silver. Wings embossed on the side of the Ammunition loaders. It was the "Winter" the pride of the families fleet. Each private dock secured by Heavy Iron Doors only open-able from using either a key in the guard-post by the stairs or Adrians Study directly. Outside of those there were Private docks for Lockhearts trading ships, escorts, military vessels and Guests. It was empty today, but expecting Arrivals.

Adrian: " Alexander get over here!"

Alexander appeared from behind a green curtain of a Willow tree. Sword in hand.

Alexander: " Yes Father?"

Adrian: "What time are we awaiting our guests?"

Alexander scratched his chin. " I told them 1 O'Clock sharp, you have around 2 hours yet.."

Adrian: " Yes but i like sitting in our Garden... Its peaceful.."

A Servant interrupts the two.

Servant: " Sir, a telegraph arrived from Gerris Townsend late last night. " The servant produced the Telegraph and passes it to Adrian. " It reads that your son is safe, and just encountered some bandit trouble. He will have set sail for Averna early this morning using Kerosene to half journey times to 2 days... Master Julius also requests that you dispatch word to his Wife immediately to tell her of his return."

Adrian studies the message with his own eyes before placing it on the table beside him.

Servant: " Will m'lord be wanting any telegraphs or couriers dispatched?"

Adrian patted his belly " yes, yes... send a courier to Cecelia immediatley telling her of Julius' arrival.. Thank you. You have my leave to go.."

The servant bowed and was on his way to the door when he turned.

Servant: " Oh, And will His Lordship be taking his guests in the Parlour?"

Adrian: " No, I think i'll receive them here in the Garden.. Bring out a few more chairs. And get the cooks to ready some Tea and a light lunch.. I don't know how many i should expect."

The Servant nodded and left, as did Alexander, he went back to sparring at the other end of the garden. Adrian sat sipping tea in his chair as the sun carried on to rise in front of him.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on February 02, 2014, 03:08:27 pm
--Skies over Storm Coast--

Gareth and Michael stand on the bow of the Griffinheart and look out ahead at the Abyssal Gulf, while the others are busy with a card game on deck, excluding Hector the engineer, who's at the helm.

Michael
"So, Gareth, ever been to Vyshtorg?"

Gareth
"I'm Arashi. What do you think?"

Michael
"Fair point. What about the Vastness in general?"

Gareth
"Once."

Michael
"Raiding mission?"

Gareth
"Yup."

Michael chuckles to himself and looks back at the big game. It appears that Lyre's won the round, and doesn't hold back with the trash talk.

Gareth
"What about you?"

Michael
"Vyshtorg? Yeah."

Gareth
"What? How did you get anywhere close?"

Michael
"I'm not actually Arashi, you know."

Gareth
"……"

Michael
"How long have we known each other?"

Gareth
"Like five years. And you've only just decided to tell me you're not Arashi."

Michael
"You shouldn't have assumed so. I'm actually from Dampfstadt, just east of Dragontown."

Gareth
"Well… It's good to know that."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 02, 2014, 11:43:19 pm
Skies over Storm Coast

--Starlight--

After many hours of uninterrupted flying, BdrLine and crew sets eyes on the coastal town of Albys and the Gulf beyond it.

At the helm, BdrLine looks on at the scenery and visualise what happened months before.

(BdrLine)
*to himself* "Same route as last time, but a new mission now."

(Voice from behind)
"Come again?"

At the sound, BdrLine turns and sees Courage with an quizzical expression as he must of heard part of what he said.

(BdrLine)
"Ah Courage, your turn for the helm?"

(Courage)
"Yes it is, but what about last time?"

(BdrLine)
"Ah just the last time I've been on this route."

(Courage)
"Was it one of those adventures with the Admiral and Commander?"

(BdrLine)
"Zill and Yiski? Yup, another mission where it can change the out come of our known world."

(Courage)
"Why is it that your lot at the saloon gets the craziest assignments?"

(BdrLine)
"Don't look at me, we just happen to stumble upon them, but here, it's your turn now. Got to call Zankief that we are just across the Gulf."

(Courage)
"On it."

As they switch places on the helm, BdrLine heads inside the cabin and start up the radio equipment and calls Zankief of their position.

Skies over The Wastes, en Route to Ho Tower

--Comet--

With no other incident, the twin Yeshan Pyramidions are close to Yeshan airspace. An hour out from the city tower, Ny-Lee radios the Capital Headquaters again.

(Ny-Lee)
"Headquaters, come in. This is Captain Zhao. We are nearing Ho Tower, over."

(HQ)
"This is Headquaters, I see you guys made it back. Alright, we will dispatch two Galleons from the Tower to escort you back to the Capital. Over."

(Ny-Lee)
"I copy that, Captain out."

Cutting off connection, Ny-Lee places the receiver back and walks and leans on one of the ribs near the bow as she takes in the sight. Out in the distance, she can see the massive single tower and smiles as she knows they are almost home.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: macmacnick on February 04, 2014, 12:51:18 am
--Averna--


Narrator
Kirk lands the VSS Pastryprise in the specified docks, then disembarks from the ship to follow a figure clad in Chaladonian Nobles' garb. Kirk then follows this figure into a hallway and to a parlor.
End Narrator


Alexander Lockheart
Captain Kirk, I presume?


Kirk
Why yes indeed.


Both Kirk and Alexander seat themselves.


Alexander Lockheart
So, what do you think of Chaladon?


Kirk
Quite Impressive. How did you manage to keep this place unspoiled by the age of Dust?


Alexander
Much work, along with the fact that Chaladon was isolated from the beginning.


Kirk
So, what exactly was I invited here for?


Alexander
Ah, Yes, that, I had some questions for you that could not be securely relayed through unsecured communications channels.


Kirk
And?


Alexander
Ah, why did you come here?


Kirk
We've been getting that a lot.


Alexander looks confused.


Alexander
...There're more of you people?


Kirk
Yes, a large amount more; Collectively, we are referred to as Cakes.


Alexander
...Cake?...


Kirk
Yes, it refers to our history of baking, along with preserving the ancient art of Crii'c'et. These days, we also have at least one trademark weapon type onboard our ships at all times: fire weapons. We came to Chaladon; another Envoy went to Cathedral.


Alexander
Why?


Kirk
The expansionists in the Yeshan Empire have gained power, and their desire for expansion grows. Our ancestral home, the Bakery in the mountains, is threatened by Yeshan expansion. If they expand, they will force us to practice certain Yeshan values which we do not agree with.


Alexander
So, you're saying you want to get Chaladon in an alliance with you people?


Kirk
Exactly.


Alexander
Well then, I guess making an alliance with you wouldn't hurt.


Kirk
Could we also setup a trade outpost here?


Alexander
I will have to decide upon that matter. For now, farewell, return to your envoy, and tell them to land at the city docks. I shall arrange for you and your comrades to receive accommodations.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on February 04, 2014, 03:35:30 am
--Landmark, Upper Residential--

Alex stood outside the manor house, it wasn't necessarily large per-say, but it was still fairly wealthy, here and there a few servants could be seen lounging on break while their fellows muttered under their breath about how the market hadn't gotten anything new in, others were cleaning the windows or sweeping the courtyard. Next to him Amelia sighed, she didn't really want to go in, for all she knew this plan could blow up her face, like so many others she had hatched before. She looked to Alex who just nodded at her, sensing her predicament, he decided to take the first step towards the door, not wanting to be left behind she scurried after him. Soon they reached the door, both of them stared at it for what seemed like an eternity, however on the other side the sounds of frantic movement made their way to their ears, before long the door slammed open and a women, who by the looks of it wasn't that old, stepped outside and began examining him. She eyed him for a while before turning to Amelia, before letting out a rather charming and warm smile.

Madame Lockheart
"Oh it's so good to have you home dearie! Come in, and bring your friend with you!"

The two of them looked at each other, shrugged, and followed her mother into the manor.

--Landmark, Cloud Walker Inn--

Richard waited by the docks while the Captain went on an errand with their guest. At the moment he was filling out some paperwork, a few forms which would be needed for the requisition of medical supplies and munition, it wasn't that he couldn't get them elsewhere, but due to the Militia's connections here in the city he decided to make use of the requisition system and get the supplies that way.

Reagan
"Well hello there."

Richard
"Gah!"

Richard turned to see an impossible sight. Though he realized something was off the moment he noticed she was in her guards uniform.

Reagan
"I need to talk to Alex, where is he?"

Richard took a moment to compose himself.

Richard
"On an errand, you can tell me though, I'll track him down if need be."

Reagan
"It concerns the Empire."

For a moment Richard thought The Empire huh? Alex will definitely want to hear this when he gets back.

Richard
"Alright, let's hear it."

Reagan
"Let's fill you in then..."

--One Lengthy Explanation of All The Events Leading Up To This Point Later--

Richard sipped his coffee, and was frankly terrified of what he heard, though he did his best to keep a hold of himself in public.

Richard
"So wait, you want us, to go to Vyshtorg, to prevent the Empire, THE EMPIRE OF ALL THINGS, from taking over the Guild!?"

Well, he did try.

Reagan
"You won't be doing it alone, a few others from The Wild Winds are on their way as we speak, you guys will have to hurry if you want to make it."

Richard
"I still don't understand why us of all people?"

Reagan
"Even though you'll be arriving late, we still need more people, how you'll fit into all this is up to you, but this isn't just about Cathedral here, this is about the world."

Richard
"Ah, there's the idealistic officer who joined us years ago, I wondered where she went."

Reagan
"This is no time for jokes Richard."

Richard
"I know, I'm terrified of the prospect, I don't know what to think, though, this still isn't my decision, if the Captain gives the order I'll follow it, though this isn't what we signed up for, and I doubt we'll be much help, with our ship damaged, all of us are exhausted from our travels."

He sighed, this was still too big to ignore, he would definitely have to talk to Alex about this.

Richard
"I'll ask him about it, thank you for telling me Reagan."

Reagan
"If it makes you feel better, I plan on coming along, Walker approved it this morning."

Richard
"He's here?"

Reagan
"He'll be taking over the flotilla on it's flight back."

Richard
"Alright, I'll go find Alex, you grab your kit and head over to our ship's berth, number 153."

Reagan
"Got it."

With that the two of them went their separate ways, elsewhere Phillip again felt that feeling of dread.

Phillip
"So, it begins doesn't it?"

--Lockheart Manor--

Alex was rather uncomfortable in the high class residence, of course he didn't want to offend his hosts, Amelia was reminiscing with some childhood friends about her travels, the young girls giggling about as they swapped stories about young men they'd become acquainted with, snacking on some delicate baked goods. Amelia's mother led him into the parlor, a man, around her age was seated at the table.

Madame Lockheart
"Please sit."

Alex
"Thank you."

He felt out of place but he respectfully took a seat opposite of her as she moved to join the older man.

Madame Lockheart
"Now, allow me to introduce myself, I am Guinevere Lockheart, this is my husband Alvus, the head of the household."

He rose and extended his hand, Alex Mirrored him and took the hand in a full shake.

Alvus
"Now tell us, what did our daughter do to put you up to this?"

Alex
"I assume you're used to her antics by now?"

Guinevere
"Oh no no no no, we love our daughter, but she can be a bit strong headed at times. Even as a child she content to roam the streets alone rather then attend a lovely tea party with her friends. Of course if that's what made her happy..."

She shrugged her shoulders nonchalantly.

Guinevere
"Of course we'd always have a "caretaker" on hand in case she got into trouble. Now tell me, what do you think of her?"

Alex
"Excuse me?"

Alvus
"Obviously you must have some opinion about her. She makes quite the impression sometimes."

Alex thought for a second, he realized he didn't have feelings for her, other then those of fatherly affection. He thought again, this time however he got something, he thought she was a driven person, not the kind to give up easily, she was rather childish at times, though he didn't feel anything romantic, which wasn't odd, considering. He sighed and stretched himself a little.

Alex
"She's obviously a very smart lady, though a bit childish at times, she pulls you along and expects you to follow her, but all in all she's a rather interesting person."

Giggling came from the adjacent room, the three of them turned, Amelia and the others were still talking about something, then the door bust in and Richard came running in.

Richard
"Captain, I've been looking for you!"

--Moments Earlier--

Richard
"Where did he say he was again?"

He had finally made his way to the upper class region of the residential district, high class men and women dressed in fine clothing strolled along the roads, he stopped a few times to ask directions and finally found himself in front of the Lockheart Manor. A servant came running up to him.

Servant
"Excuse me but you can't come in."

Richard look the young man up and down.

Richard
"Oh I'm pretty sure I can, I have important news."

Servant
"I'm sorry but you must wait."

Richard
"I see."

He walked away from the door at a brisk pace, however after he reached a few meters away from the door he quickly turned, stared down the servant, charged straight into the door.

--Now--

Alex
"Alright, what is so important, that you felt it was necessary to kick down that door?"

Richard looked to Alvus

Richard
"Terribly sorry sir. But Captain this is important!"

Alex
"Well get on with it."

Richard
"Well I ran into Reagan and..."

--Another Long Explanation Of The Current Events Later--

Alex
"Get to the ship, I'll meet you there."

Richard
"Aye sir."

Richard quickly bounded through the former doorway, Alex looked to the Lockhearts.

Alex
"I'm so sorry about the mess, but I gotta go."

Alvus
"I understand, though do refrain from kicking in more doors please?"

Alex
"I'll do my best."

He took Madame Lockheart's hand.

Alex
"It was a pleasure meeting you, now I must-"

Amelia
"Wait!"

Behind him Amelia came running up to him, instead of the dress she was wearing, which he assumed now resided in the satchel at her side.

Alex
"Let me guess, you're coming too?"

Amelia
"Well of course I am."

Alex
"Uhg, fine, don't expect me to fill out the paperwork, I'll see you back to the ship."

Nearly an hour or two later they found themselves in the air again, heading east as fast as they could, it would take a day and a half at least to make it. The crew didn't question his decision, Richard had already explained the situation to them, Reagan and Amelia found a nice quiet place to bunk, Alex took the helm, and the rest of the crew full-filled their duties to the best of their ability.

Alex looked over a chart.

Alex
"If we book it we'll make Sabakumura by midnight, Richard, how are we for fuel?"

Richard
"98% on fuel, we'll be good for a while."

Alex
"Right, lets just hope we make it in time to make a difference."

Back at Landmark the crews of the flotilla Dispersed to review their new ships, among them, Commodore Gates strode upon the deck of a new vessel, with 3 medium gun hardpoints on either side, CMS Cathedral's Pride was an impressively armed vessel. Nearly a third longer then a galleon, with better accommodations for the crew, heavier armor and a number of redundant systems, she would be a terror to the dock crews back home, but boy, would she be worth it.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on February 04, 2014, 11:18:56 am
--Lockhearts Fleet--

The fleet had a rather Uneventful journey. Apart from the engineers who were working all the time to keep the engines clean, and from exploding.
The small group of ships had made good progress towards Averna.

Fadeshade: " Captain, this is actually working... apart from,.. well one engine explosion aboard the " Lord's Will ", the fleet is fine. We should make it to Averna by Evening.."

Lockheart looked to his right where he saw the Goldfish, the "Lord's Will" listing to the left slightly and smoking a bit.

Lockheart: " Marvellous"


A few more hours past and a few noxious kerosene gas clouds drifted from the engines... But eventually the Fleet Made it back to Averna by Nightfall. The City was lit up and still busy about its usual business. Chaladonians never rest.. Lockheart thought to himself. He and his fleet Docked at the Higher docks. As soon as he disembarked, 2 Chaladonian elites Walked up to him out of the shadows of the tall buildings around him.

Elite 1: " Captain Lockheart?"

Lockheart: " Yes that's me, now whats this abo-"

He was cut off as the Elites grabbed him by the arms and hauled him off into the City... A few Minutes passed before he was taken to a large house with more Elites outside. They started shouting insults at him from the dark.

Miscellaneous Elite: " Theres the turncoat! "

Miscellaneous Elite: " Do you have no Honour?..

He tried to shout out against the shower of insults that he had no idea of what was going on. Until he was pushed through a door; his head hitting it slightly as it gave way, and the warmth and light inside washed over him. Before he new it he was Blindfolded, and further quickly, and brutally pushed through the house.

Two flights of stairs.. how high are we going?, WHERE am i most importantly He thought to himself. Just then another door opened, into a room warmer than the previous, he could hear a fire crackling somewhere. He was moved to a warm leather arm chair where he took rest from all the dashing and climbing..

His blindfold was removed.

Cecelia: " So... Where was my telegram?"

They both smiled, Lockheart partially out of relief. She sat across a table, laden with food and plenty of Wine.

Lockheart: " Oh.. Did it not arrive... The-erm... Pff, i didnt send one..."

A flash of anger went through Cecelia's eyes. But she repressed it.

Cecelia: " Well, why...*sigh*, Not? hmm?" *with hints of anger*

Lockheart lifted up the side of his shirt, revealing his wound.

Lockheart: " Circumstances..."

Cecelia's expression immediately turned to that of a little girl, after she found out her puppy had gone missing.

Cecelia: " Oh, no.... Not again.... Why do you have to risk your own life. And mine too? You know i wouldn't be able to cope without you. Not that you dont cope well when your off for months at a time. Near who knows where, doing who knows what..."

Julius immediately sensed the anger creeping back into her voice, he leaned over the table and kissed her on the lips, before she could start throwing accusations at him.
It was a Feeling Lockheart had waited for. To be home. To be with his family, his wife. He loved adventuring but it had its Costs and risks. But to him, it compared nothing to the embrace of his loved ones.

The previous squabble was soon forgotten as they dined, discussed the ruse set up to frighten Julius ( to which of course he denied all claims he was scared out of his wits). And Julius began to recall his story of the ambush he encountered. ( But of course exaggerating the details). After Lockheart had found out that he was in Cecelias house they both went to sleep together in the Attic. With the view overlooking the city. They slept unaware of Captain Oakenshields soon-to-be arrival in Chaladon...
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 05, 2014, 11:41:38 pm
Chang-ning

--Comet--

Night has fallen, and the return party with its escorts arrive to see the lights of the Yeshan Capital glowing in the dark. At the bow of her Pyramidion, Ny-Lee stands with Roland and her parents as the look on at the sight.

(Liu)
"Finally a familiar sight."

(Shen)
"Yes it is. Glad we are home again."

(Ny-Lee)
"I'm glad as well, but home maybe the more dangerous situation."

(Shen)
"Ah yes, the Deer and Tiger problem. I'll try and have a word with the Emperor silently about it."

(Roland)
"Maybe Chong can help you arrange the meeting, he is one of his bodyguards."

Shen turns and looks to the mid-deck and sees the Lieutenant chatting with his men and back again.

(Shen)
"I suppose, it will be easier to find a secluded place. I'll speak with him later."

From the help, Pān calls out to the others on deck.

(Pān)
"Almost there, twenty minutes until landing procedures. Better start getting ready."

(Ny-Lee)
"Alright. Well you guys should start and organise your belongings, I assume there will be a greeting once we land."

Nodding their heads, the three of them return to the rear cabin to gather their belongings.

Twenty minutes later, and a few manoeuvres, the two Pyra's are docked in the main base of the City. The escort Galleons are then set off back to Ho Tower to resume its patrolling duties.

As both crews start to file off the ship, parked right in front of the berth are a few trucks and a stretch car waiting for them. Stationed in front of the vehicles are a few high ranking officers of the Tiger and the Emperor Xi himself.

Walking towards Ny-Lee's ship, Xi stands in front of the vessel as the crew stands at attention and gives a firm salute. Saluting back, Xi walks forward and shakes both Liu and Shen's hands.

(Xi)
"Ah, I'm so happy to see you both back in good healthy."

(Shen)
"Well you can thank all of them for making it happen."

(Liu)
"Also some others helped as well." *wink*

(Xi)
"Yes of course, and don't worry Mrs. Zhao won't forget to thank him and his friends as well."

(Shen)
"So, Your Excellency, may I ask the convoy?"

(Xi)
"The stretch car if for ourselves to bring you back to your mansion. The trucks are for the crews to be debriefed."

(Liu)
"Is our daughter riding with us."

(Xi)
"She will have to be with the others, but once it is finished, she will meet you back home."

(Liu)
"Alright, well I guess we should head home now, I hope Huan has been alright without us."

(Shen)
"I think he will be fine, I bet his is well protected while we are gone."

(Xi)
"Why yes, after your kidnapping, I dispatched some of my guard detail to your home to watch over any other family members."

(Shen)
"Thank you again your Excellency."

(Xi)
"It was my pleasure. I guess we should be going."

Nodding with agreement, Both Shen and Liu follow Xi to the stretch car. Having a brief word with eachother, Roland quickly pecks his wife and walks towards the car as well entering it. With all four inside, the stretch starts ups it's motor and drives away.

For the rest of the crew, the Emperor Elites that accompany them move into one of the trucks, while both crews of the Pyramidion file into the other.

As Ny-Lee as about to enter the truck with the rest of her crew, she was tapped on the shoulder. Turning around, she notices that it was the head Tiger. Quickly she stands to attention but was dismissed by him.

(Tiger)
"Ah Captain, good work on rescuing your parents."

(Ny-Lee)
"Thank you Sir."

(Tiger)
"Oh it would have been horrible if something were to happen without one of the head Ox not at the Senate meeting."

(Ny-Lee)
"Excuse me Sir, but my I join my crew so that we can do the debriefing."

(Tiger)
"My apologises, I forgot. There is no need for the debriefing for you. There is another matter of importance. If you may follow me to my vehicle, we can discuss this in my office at the Imperial Palace."

Looking back to the truck, Ny-Lee eyes everyone inside. Everyone from both crews knowing of the secret plot just tilts their heads forward for her to go. Nodding, Ny-Lee turns back.

(Ny-Lee)
"Very well Sir."

(Tiger)
"Good, come now.

With him leading, the to reach the car where the driver opens the back door to let them in. Once in and seated, he moves to the driver side and starts the engine. The car then drives off to the Imperial Palace.

--Strech Car--

Exiting the base, the long car then heads on to the main road leading back to the City. Inside, Xi removes his cap and pulls back his hair.

(Xi)
"Ah finally I'm away from that damn Tiger. His presence seems that of wanting power."

(Shen)
"I know how you feel Xi, try making new policies with him and his other officers wanting to go on a warpath."

(Xi)
"I'll bet it's an uphill battle for you."

(Liu)
"But it's been a good one with my husband in the Senate. Is it it that three more cities peacefully volunteer to merge with the Empire."

(Xi)
"Why yes, but with the ongoing want of forcing cities and people to join by the Head Tiger, it almost doubles back. Always sending troops to occupy areas."

(Roland)
"Well speaking of the Tiger Sir."

(Xi)
"Oh no need for the formalities. Call me Xi, anyone party of the Zhao Family is a friend to me."

(Roland)
"Well Xi, there is something you need to know about the Tiger,"

(Shen)
"And also on the Deer."

(Xi)
"Oh how so."

Shen, Liu, and Roland looms to each other.

(Shen)
"Well I think it's best if you and I speak along in private. Maybe have a room secured by Chong."

(Xi)
"The new Second Lieutenant of my Guard? Hmm if it is this important that we need a private room, I can wait and ask later what this is all about."

(Shen)
"Thank you Xi."

(Xi)
"Enough of this seriousness for now, we should plan a ball for your return."

(Liu)
"A ball? Honey it's been awhile since we attended one."

(Shen)
"I suppose so, but I'll let you do the planning."

(Xi)
"haha, I wouldn't dream of letting you two plan one after all this. It will be my honor todo so."

The car continues to drive on as the four talks with one another.

Skies Over Albyssal Gulf

--Starlight--

(Althea)
"Wow, can't believe how dark it is here."

(Charles)
"You got that right, I can't figure out where the sky meet the water."

It is almost ten o'clock and the two ship convoy are overhead in the middle of the Gulf. BdrLine is currently at the helm while the three others are looking over the port side on the main deck.

(Courage)
"I'll bet these waters are even dark in the day."

(BdrLine)
"Got that part right Courage."

(Courage)
"Oh, how so?"

(BdrLine)
"Well, this Gulf is so deep that no one can see the bottom."

(Charles)
"Hmm we can find out now."

(Courage)
"Hey! Wait!"

Charles moves behind Courage and grabs him on the collar of his shirt and belt line of his pants. He then proceeds to bring the top half of Courage's body and leans it over the railing.

(Althea)
"Knock it off you two before I knock both of you off."

She then grabs Charles and pulls him back, bring Courage up as well.

Rolling his eyes, BdrLine sets the helm and grabs the radio and dial in Zankief.

(BdrLine)
"Hello, anyone there."

(Radio)
*static*
(Archer)
"Um hello? Who is this?"

(BdrLine)
"Wait, who are you and where is Zankief?"

(Archer)
"Pops? Oh you must be the one we are expecting. Well his is out with his ship to meet you at the coast."

(BdrLine)
"Alright, well send him a message that I'm half way across the Gulf."

(Archer)
"Got it, I'll send it right away."

With that, the radio dies out and BdrLine continues to fly.

--End of Day 13--


--Start of Day 14--

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on February 06, 2014, 12:07:50 am
--The Craters, North East of Sabakumura, Early Morning--

The skies were still dark as they reached The Craters, a location typically not marked on any map however a few were known to mark it, Lorena was manning the helm at this point, everyone else was sleeping soundly, well, besides Phillip, who apparently having some issues and was constantly repositioning himself in his sleep. She left the helm for a moment to look below the ship at the Craters themselves. Below her a massive circular ridge line rose from the desert floor, on the outer reaches of it shattered buildings could be seen scattered about, what ever caused it must have been big, she walked back to the helm and put them back on course for Vyshtorg.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on February 06, 2014, 03:52:07 pm
-Vyshtorg, Slava's guildhall courtyard--

Slava sits on his usual bench, this time passing the time by feeding the pigeons. But he isn't at peace. There's concern and a hint of anger on his face.

Servant
"Sir?"

Slava
"Dostoy, good."

Slava beckons to the seat next to him and the servant, "Dostoy", takes a tentative seat.

Slava
'I can trust you, can't I?"

Dostoy
"Of course. I've served you for five years."

Slava
"Yes, yes. Well, I'll cut to the chase, then. You know Lygor?"

Dostoy
"The cook? Yes."

Slava
"You saw him the day before yesterday?"

Dostoy
"No, but I remember him on the register."

Slava
"Strange, because apparently he wash't here the day before yesterday, or yesterday itself."

Dostoy
"You don't mean?"

Slava
"There was a spy in my guildhall yesterday. And now that Lygor is here… There are two Lygors on the register today."

--Chang-ning, Tiger's office--

The Tiger enters the room with Ny-Lee in tow. He takes a seat in his chair and beckons to the one opposite him.

Tiger
"Sit."

Ny-Lee tentatively obeys. There's a moment of silence as the Tiger stares at her with his fingers steepled.

Ny-Lee
"Sir?"

Tiger
"I'm not one for formal niceties, so I'll cut to the chase. I'm planning a mission."

Ny-Lee
"What kind of mission?"

Tiger
"…We're going to take over the Mercantile Guild."

Ny-Lee doesn't risk a harsh word or outburst.

Tiger
"You need not know the reasons, all you need to do is carry out the act. What do you say?"
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: macmacnick on February 07, 2014, 12:12:05 am
Narrator
While Kirk was Having an audience with Alexander Lockheart, Mac was having an audience with Cathedral's government regarding permits for opening a shop. The permits were for setting up a bakery and flame-related weapon shop in the Market district of the city. A Building with much room had already been purchased for the shop, all Mac needed were the permits. At present, Mac is explaining the motives behind his desire to set up this shop.
End Narrator

--Cathedral, Government Audience Chambers--

Official 1
"...So this shop will sell what exactly?..."


Mac
"Pastries, Baked goods, other Cake-related miscellaneous items."


Official 2
"Anything else?"


Mac
"Oh, only a 'few' flame-based weapons — handheld along with Ship-mounted."

Official 1
"So, it'll be basically a Bakery-Weapons depot mix?"


Mac
Mac sighs, "Yes."


Official 1
"But why?"


Mac
Mac releases a larger sigh. "To support my people back home; to spread the news of Cake about, along with the ideals."


Official 1
"This Audience is now concluded."


Official 2
"Please exit the chamber, you will be notified whether or not you received the permit tomorrow."


Mac proceeds to exit the chamber as directed, and then goes back to his warehouse to tinker.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 09, 2014, 03:29:14 am
Chang-ning

(Ny-Lee)
"Let me spend the rest of this day with my family, but around 1600 I'll have my ships ready for departure.

The Tiger thinks about the current proposal as he scratches his chin. Giving a nod, he places his hands on his desk.

(Tiger)
"Very well, but 1600 sharp and not a second later."

(Ny-Lee)
"Yes Sir."

(Tiger)
"Alright you are dismissed."

Standing from her chair, Ny-Lee gives a crisp salute, which he returns, and exits the room. Ny-Lee then speeds walk down the hall, bumping into several aids along the way. As she exits the main building, she sees the car that brought her to the area waiting for her. The driver, giving a slit nod towards her, opens the back door for her to enter. Heading to the driver side, the driver starts the motor and drives her back home.

Inside the office, the Tiger leans on one of the arm rest on his seat with a hand over his chin. With his free hand, he press a button on a speaker that his on his desk. A male voice comes through the other end.

(Speaker)
"Yes Tiger Sir."

(Tiger)
"Saull, I need you to take surveillance on a few people."

(Saull)
"The people in question Sir?"

(Tiger)
"I need you to watch for any suspicious activity by either Captain Zhao and her father. I have a feeling that they may know something."

(Saull)
"Yes Sir, I'll prepare a small team."

(Tiger)
"Good. Oh and one more thing, keep an eye on the Emporer as well. Don't want him to do anything...drastic."

(Saull)
"Right away Sir.

Zhao Manor

A few hour drive later, the stretch car pulls up to the Zhao Manor driveway. The damage from to the front gate and surrounding pavement has been cleared and reconstructed. Standing watch is not only the family's personal security, but the Emperor's Elite Guards as well.

Stopping in front of the steps to the manor, the doors open and out comes Huan who is in his sleepware.
Shen, Liu, and Roland steps out of the car and the former two rushes to meet their youngest son. Inside, Xi smiles at the reunion and looks to Shen. Xi gives him a nod acknowledging that he will set up a meeting to discuss recent events. Nodding back to him, Shen then ushers those around him to head into the house as the stretch car pulls out of the driveway.

Starostrog Coastline

--Starlight--

Slowly the sun rises to the east as the team spots the coastal city of Starostrog. Hovering lower to the water, the two ships hide in the morning fog as BdrLine calls Zankief.

(BdrLine)
"Zankief, you there? We are here off the coast."

(Zankief)
"Bdr I hear ya, but we may have a problem. Since the last time you came, the Guild started to send surface ships out again to patrol the coastline. They are not as big as ships from the Great War, but a round from one of their turrets can heavy damage an airship, given the shot."

(BdrLine)
"Oh, hmm. Ok, stay put, I have a radar system on my ship. I'll try and navigate around."

(Zankief)
"Good liuck then."

Switching the frequency from Zankief's, BdrLine dials in to Gareth."

(BdrLine)
"Gareth, better stay close we are gonna fly our way in."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on February 10, 2014, 01:15:45 am
--Selogorod--

The crew called into port for a rest before continuing on towards Vyshtorg, stopping at an inn they ordered food and figured they'd do an odd job or two to gain some extra crowns. Eventually everyone gathered back at the inn to grab a meal before they departed, the sun was slowly coming over the horizon and it was time for them to leave, Alex pulled aside their newest crew member for a little chat.

Alex
"You'll be serving on my ship for the foreseeable future, so, what can you do exactly?"

He stared over at Amelia, who was sitting on the other side of the table drinking a coffee. She looked back at him, took another sip of coffee, and placed it on the table.

Amelia
"I'm not entirely sure I understand the question.

Alex
"I'm fairly certain I clearly stated why I need to know this."

Amelia
"Well..."

She took another sip of coffee, around them meals were being shared and conversations struck up. A few guildsman walked in and took a seat at the bar, talking about some recent news, from the looks of their clothing they were fairly high in the echelons of guild society. Amelia snapped her finger in front of his face, gaining her attention, he turned his head.

Alex
"Yes? Did I miss something?"

Amelia
"I thought of something I can do."

Alex
"And that would be?"

Amelia
"Well, does having good eye sight count?"

Alex
"Well that would depend, what does that bottle say?"

He pointed to a bottle halfway across the inn. She stared at it for few seconds before speaking.

Amelia
"Gronder...Northhost? Hoaus?...Special Ale."

Alex stood, walked over, looked at the bottle and called back to her.

Alex
"NorthHaufman, well, I guess that's close enough."

He reached into his satchel and tossed one of his spare spyglasses.

Alex
"For now you'll work as a lookout, safest thing I can have you do for the moment, though you will need to talk to Phillip about the basics of engineering, rule 1 aboard this ship, you have to be able to fix things in a pinch."

Amelia
"Isn't that just smacking something with a hammer?"

Alex
"Why yes, yes it is, only when you have no choice."

They joined the rest of the crew at the table.

Dahlia
"So Captain, what exactly do we do when we reach Vyshtorg?"

Richard
"I assume we link up with the others and figure out what's going on."

Alex
"Probably won't be that simple, we have no idea exactly how the Yeshans are planning on well... you know."

Reagan pulled up a chair and set a plate of waffles on the table.

Phillip
"Sadly he's right, we have no idea about how we're going to do this, I doubt any of us have any contacts in the city, and considering how large this is, letting on that we know about this probably is the best way for us to find ourselves shot. So Reagan, any bright ideas?"

Reagan
"Simple, Yesha is sending a diplomatic envoy, due to arrive sometime in a few days."

Richard
"And you know this how?"

She pointed to the group of guildsman at the bar.

Reagan
"They're talking about it, apparently Yesha is attempting to "Reach out" Skies Above know how this'll turn out."

Alex
"That means we should get moving then, everyone finished with their meals?"

A round of agreement went around the table, throwing their payment on the table, they rushed back to their ship and took to the skies once more.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on February 10, 2014, 01:42:54 am
--Griffinheart--

Gareth
"Aye aye."

He puts down the radio and takes the helm from Hector.

Hector
"So what's happening?"

Gareth
"I'm honestly not entirely sure, but lets see what happens."

Lyre calls over from the bow.

Lyre
"Slipping past Merchant borders, brings back memories, doesn't it?!"

Gareth waves to her.

Gareth
"That it does."

He turns to Hector.

Gareth
"You're Arashi, right?"

Hector
"Serenity Bay."

Gareth
"People really need to start telling me this stuff."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on February 10, 2014, 01:48:45 pm
--Cathedral--

Captain Oakenshield: " Excuse me miss. "

Woman: " Good afternoon sir. How may i help you? "

Captain Oakenshield: "I wish to inquire about a patient you have under your care.."

Hospital Secretary: " Well sir. I can fetch the records for today, if you give me a moment. *ehem* please, have a seat"

The secretary gestures towards a row of seats. Outside the sun was High in the sky, over Cathedral. Oakensheild had arrived in Cathedral a day earlier. After deducing that after the Ambush. He would find Lockheart in the nearest City. He had checked most places and asked most people. But to no success, till' the penny dropped in his head that Lockheart may be in the Hospital..

Secretary: " Here we are sir..."

She opens the record book.

Secretary: " And whom would i be looking for?"

Oakenshield: " A Chaladonian... Erm, Tall, Brown hair... Name is Lockheart.. erm.. Julius i think."

The secretary checks the logs of patients in and out for today. Then shakes her head.

Oakenshield: " Nope, no one by that name here?"

Secretary: "Afraid no-"

Her eyes light up as she glances back a few pages.

Secretary: " There was such a man here... 3 days ago."

Oakenshield curled his fingers into a fist and slammed it into the desk, and mouthed a silent curse.

Secretary: " Anything else you require sir?"

Oakenshield was about to leave when.

Oakenshield: "Actually yes, do you have any inclination to his current whereabouts?"

The Secretary nodded and headed back into a room behind the desk to re-appear after a few minutes.

Secretary: " Yes, there was a telegram here.. He left it, will you be needing it?"

Oakenshield: " Yes, thank you."

He reached out for it, but the secretary snatched it back.

Secretary: " And who might you be?, i cant give out personal pieces like this..."

Oakenshield: " His... Employer...."




 
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 13, 2014, 01:07:00 am
Chang-ning

--Zhao Manor--

After being dropped off at the doorstep in front of her family's manor, Ny-Lee opens one of the grand doors and enters. Exhausted from the trip and her meeting with the Tiger of the following plot, she walks up the stairs to her and Roland's room.

Back downstairs, Huan walks out of one of the halls and sees his sister going up the stairs. he starts to wave to her.

(Huan)
"Hey sis... Oh alright. Glad to see you back and all."

As he finishes his sentence, Ny-Lee enters and closes the door behind her with a noticeable bang. Confused, he walks towards the dining hall to find his father. As Huan enters, he sees both his parents enjoying a morning meal together.

Coming up to them, Huan takes a seat across the table from his mother.

(Shen)
"Hey there son. So who was at the door?"

(Huan)
"It was Ny. By the way she went to her room, she seemed pretty tired."

Both parents exchanged knowing looks and turn back to their youngest son.

(Liu)
"Huan dear, why don't you come help me look through what your brother bought for us from Cathedral."

Shrugging, he stands up with his mother and exits the room.

(Huan)
"Alright then, but you may want to send some back. I know you don't want to hear anymore about the kidnapping, but there maybe some bullet holes here and there from the gun fight that took placed"

Seeing that his wife has his son distracted, Shen stands from his place at the table and walks towards the front of the manor to the stairs. Quickly taking the steps by twos, he arrives to his daughter and son-in-laws room. Shen then knocks.

(Ny-Lee)
"Who is it? Roland dear, if it is you, I have a bad headache. And no offence I don't want to see anyone right now.

(Shen)
"Not your husband, it is your father. From the sound of your voice I take it the Tiger talked to you?"

Steps can be heard from the other side of the door as Ny-Lee opens it.

(Ny-Lee)
"Sorry dad. But Zardis was right."

(Shen)
"Then it is all true, he and the Deer are in this. I must talked to Xi now."

(Ny-Lee)
"The Emperor? He doesn't know yet?"

(Shen)
"Not yet, we already plan to meet with one another. Hmm, when are you scheduled to leave."

(Ny-Lee)
"4 PM today."

(Shen)
"Nine hours then, hmm."

(Ny-Lee)
"Also, I persuaded him to let me take my crew and ships."

(Shen)
"Alright then, brief them of what you of what's happening. I'll go and talk to the Emperor about this."

(Ny-Lee)
"How about Azn?"

(Shen)
"Try to contact him, but make sure to have a secure line. We don't need anyone to figure out that we know."

(Ny-Lee)
"On it."

(Shen)
"Good, I'm going now to see if Xi is available. And Ny dear, got some more rest, handle things when you are ready."

Giving a nod, Shen kisses the head of his daughter and briskly goes down the stairs. Talking to one of his servants, he ask them to call the Emperor to let him know that he is on his way to meet him. Outside, his car is pulled up to the driveway where Shen gets in to the driver side and goes off to the Imperial Palace.

Little does he know, 30 yards be hind him, another car tails him, while a small team survey the Zhao Manor.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on February 15, 2014, 11:07:44 pm
--Vyshtorg--

Richard
"So how are we going to get in without attracting attention?"

Alex
"Our traders permits should keep us inconspicuous for a time, sadly that means we'll be known by our real names while we're here."

Richard
"I guess we could do worse, we should probably pop into customs after we land this tub."

Alex
"I'll have you know this is our tub."

He turned and spoke to Phillip who had his hands full coordinating with the ground crews.

Alex
"How long till we've landed?"

Phillip
"Give or take 30 minutes cap, a lot of ships are docking or taking off as we speak. So we're to wait here until our spot in the queue has opened."

Alex
"Roger, keep us posted."

Richard got out a set of papers from below deck and handed them to Alex.

Richard
"Here's our vessels registration and our proof of ownership, one of several copies, you know, for a guy who hates paperwork you sure love extra copies."

Alex shrugged.

Alex
"For something important like this it's always important to have multiple copies stashed elsewhere, on different persons, and on board the ship, never know when someone may try to steal the ship."

Richard
"Don't remind me..."

Reagan
"Wait, what happened?"

Alex
"Oh nothing."

Richard
"Oh it was something alright."

Phillip
"Captain, incoming tugs."

Alex
"Well it appears we're docking."

Two guides came up along either side of them, vessels recognizing their authority moved out of the way as they guided them down towards the busy harbor below. As they flew closer, dockworkers could be seen clustering on the nearest pier, finally reaching a sufficient altitude, ropes were thrown across as they guided them closer to the pier before securing the vessel in place. Reynold and Travis drew out the boarding ramp and stepped onto the docks, Alex, along with Richard followed suit. The rest of the crew was left onboard as they wondered what they should be doing, Phillip spoke up as Alex signaled to him from across the pier.

Phillip
"Alright, we need to find some lodging while we're here, Reagan, can you and Preston take care of that?"

Reagan
"Sure, anything specific?"

Phillip
"Nothing especially trashy but not exactly overdone, I'll leave you to it."

Reagan
"Alright, come along Corporal."

Preston
"Uh, alright."

The two of them made their way off the ship, Amelia fidgited in the corner a little bit, keeping her set of tools close at hand, Lorena and Dahlia shrugged.

Lorena
"We'll go and take a look around the city, we'll meet you at whatever inn Preston finds."

Phillip
"Just be careful ok?"

Dahlia
"We will!"

The two of them waved back as they left the ship. Phillip looked to Amelia and sighed.

Phillip
"Alright, lets teach you how to jury rig an engine in the middle of combat."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on February 16, 2014, 03:44:47 pm
--Averna--

Julius Lockheart: " Oh, no you dont"

Alexander Lockheart: " Try me!"

Alexander lept at Julius, sword clasped in both hands over his head, Julius parried the blade to his right, and pushed his brother mid-air with his free hand. Sending him tumbling next to him. Alexander quickly turned the fall into a backwards roll and lept up, sword ready. This time Julius Struck, hard and fast. Alexander ducked and weaved, under Julius right cut, then left cut. But he wasnt quick enough to stop it when Julius brought the blade over his head and brought it down on Alexanders shoulder.

Alexander: " Ow!, Yeild, I yeild!"

Julius: * Chuckles * " I bet you do. Well fought though, we shall spar again on the morrow..."

Alexander: " *Sigh* Do we have to"

Julius: " Yes, keeps your reflexes sharp."

Alexander: " Fine. Hmm, that reminds me. Want to help me and Kevan fix the last Engine on the "Winter"?. I mean, by right. She's yours. But... you dont seem to care about her, and she's a fine ship. We've been fixing her for a month now, are you actually going to take her out?"

Julius: " Oh, yes... I have plans for that beauty"

Julius left, and got on his day clothes. And called for a Carriage. Then Cecelia came down the stairs.

Cecelia: " Good Morning"

Julius: " Morning, want to join me for a trip down to the Glass Gardens?"

Cecelia: " Well, considering i'm left here, when you go Adventuring. The Gardens arn't as special as they were. But whatever, i mean you may slip off again..."

Julius: " Ha. Ha. Get in the carriage."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 17, 2014, 01:05:28 am
Starostrog Coastline

--Starlight--

The two ship convoy steadily glide over the water as BdrLine listen to the beeps on his radar. The rest of his crew stands watch across the deck for any sign of Guild naval ships.

(Courage)
"This is eerie, can't see through this damn fog."

(Althea)
"Well if we can't see them, they can't see us. Be glad that is a good thing. Bdr, how are we?"

BdrLine looks back to the ships radar screen and see a few dots.

(BdrLine)
"Well so far I see at least two ships on the radar. We are about a good 7 to 8 kilometre away from both of them."

Nodding, Althea continues to look through the fog until she sees a silhouette in the distance. She goes over and nudges Charles and point in the direction she saw the ship.

(Althea)
"You seeing what I'm seeing?"

(Charles)
"I hope what you are seeing is wrong."

He brings his binoculars up to his eyes and try to focus more on the ships weaponry.

(Charles)
"From the books I read about ships used in the Great War and after, this one looks like a small Destroyer. Maybe packing 30.5 centimetre turrets as its main weaponry."

(Althea)
"*mumbles* 30.5 centimetres.... That is bigger then our Heavy Falk on board!"

BdrLine listens to the conversation and thinks back to the battle at the Tower.

(BdrLine)
At least it is not a super weapon that can knock out three Yeshan warships out of the sky in one shot.

Shaking his thoughts out, he looks to the direction where Althea and Charles are looking.

(BdrLine)
"How did that ship not get picked up by my radar?"

(Charles)
"I don't know Bdr. Maybe you need to update it. Looks like we are still unseen, they haven't shot at use yet.

Unbeknownst a few sailors on deck on the Destroyer is a having a slightly similar conversation.

(Sailor 1)
"Rodin, you see this."

(Sailor 2)
"Slightly, but I do."

(Sailor 1)
"What are two airships doing all the way out here. Shouldn't they be on the route leading to the checkpoint?"

(Sailor 2)
"Yes, yes they should. Hmm if they are all the way here... Must be Arashi Raiders. Go and tell whoever is in charge at the bridge that we got two hostiles."

(Sailor 1)
"Aye!"

The first sailor takes off towards the bridge as the second one tracks the two airships.

A few moments later, an alarm sounds on the Destroyer as the crew prepare for General Quarters. Soon the front two turrets start to move and aim at the general direction of BdrLine and Gareth's airships.

Back on the Starlight all four hears the alarm from the Destroyer. They exchange glances as BdrLine grabs the radio and tells Gareth.

(BdrLine)
"Gareth, punch it. We need to get to the coastline fast!"

Four reports then sound as shells whistles past the two airships.

(Althea)
"Bdr, what do we do!"

BdrLine quickly release his special fuel mix into the engines fuel line and looks to the Destroyer's direction.

(BdrLine)
"Althea get on the port side merc and try to hit something."

Going over to the Anvalan field gun, Charles and Courage helps load in the weapon."

(Althea)
"Let's see how big of a punch this baby can do."

Althea then look through the scope and aims at one of the turrets barrels. She fires and watches as the round flies and pierces through the armor plate of the turret.

(Althea)
"One barrel is out. Looks like it melted the firing mechanism on that side of the gun."

(Courage)
"Huh, Yiski's rounds can penetrate through that kind of armor, glad he made these for the Guard force."

(BdrLine)
"Not out of the woods yet, incoming another barrage."

Instead of three rounds coming towards the two ships, seven rounds past them as the Destroyer has turned to face its broadside, allowing to fire all eight turrets. One round flying between Bdr's balloon and hull.

(Courgae)
"That was a close one."

(Althea)
"Bdr, we need to get out of here. Two airships can't stand against that firepower, and their shots are getting closer."

Looking around him, all that BdrLine can see is fog.  He looks at his radar to see how far land is to their location and turns back to them.

(BdrLine)
"Ok I'm turning us so that we can go deeper into this fog. It helped us for a while, let see if it can help us again."

He then turns his airship so that the tail is facing the Destroyer. Going at full speed with his engines injected with more of his special fuel, the Goldfish speed forward as Gareth quickly follows behind. Salvos from the Destroyer keeps coming until the naval ship is out of view. 

Giving a sigh of relief, BdrLine look as see the shores of the Guild and the skyline of Starostrog. Back on his radio, Zankief's voice comes through.

(Zankief)
"Looks like you guys had a warm welcome."

(BdrLine)
"A little too warm, they were serving hot lead for breakfast."

(Zankief)
"I can tell, I overheard their radio chatter. But I see that you guys made it, we are just a few clicks away. Hold on so that we can lead you guys in."

Coming in from the city's direction, a Junker and Pyramidion comes into view.

(Zankief)
"Welcome back again Bdr, I see that you missed the Guild. Haha."

(BdrLine)
"Very funny, I'll be happy once we land."

(Zankief)
"Alright alright, just follow my ship."

(BdrLine)
"I see you still have that Pyra after the siege."

(Zankief)
"Wardog? No way I'm letting this baby rust away, she seen so much and taken so much. But come on, we'll catch up later."

As they formed up with Zankief, BdrLine and Gareth follow behind him as he leads the way to the Guild Capital unseen from Guild forces.

Vyshtorg

Around noon, the four ships arrive to his warehouse where all the ships land inside. Debarking from their ships, BdrLine greets Zankief and introduces him to the others.

As the lot walks to the underground portion of the warehouse, Archer come running up to Zankief.

(Zankief)
"Ah Archer, perfect timing. Here let me introduce to you one of my closest contacts."

(Archer)
"Sorry Pops, but we may have a problem."

(Zankief)
"Oh, how so?"

(Archer)
"Slava, maybe on to us spying on him. As I left from his guildhall, I noticed two men were following me."

(Zankief)
"Did you lead them here?"

(Archer)
"No, I went to the other part of the city, opposite of here. Once they felt like they were going nowhere, they left. That's when I ran back here."

(Courage)
"Um may I ask who is this Slava character?"

(BdrLine)
"Slava is a prominent merchant here in the Guild. He has halls across the Guild and everywhere else, even one in Firnfeld."

(Althea)
"So why does this seem like a problem?"

(Zankief)
"Well Archer here overheard that the Tiger and Deer has contacted him and are sending something here at the Capital. We continued to spy on him hoping to figure out more."

(BdrLine)
"Okay we know that it is going to be a takeover. So I assume warships, and the good ones that the Tiger can grab."

(Zankief)
"Ok, we will figure this out more later. Here I got the papers and materials ready for you lot downstairs."

Nodding, the group follow Zankief down stairs to get organise.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on February 17, 2014, 01:32:06 am
--Vyshtorg--

Alex and Richard exited the customs department, a few documents in hand clearing their entry into the city.

Alex
"Well, we're free to roam the city, however we can't stay here and do nothing, we need to figure out a cover, else people may get suspicious."

Richard
"We're traders, more importantly we're equipped to do salvage work, so I say we use that to our advantage."

Alex
"Doing what exactly?"

Richard
"I haven't thought that far yet."

They passed by a warehouse with a group of people entering it, they payed little to mind to it.

Richard
"Well here's an idea, we can probably check around and see if anyone has need of salvagers in the local area, you and I can stay on the ground and see what we can learn about the oncoming "Reach Out.""

Alex
"Well it's a start."

Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 19, 2014, 01:08:00 am
Chang-ning

Imperial Palace

The drive from his manor to the Imperial Palace took longer than expected as the roads were filled with traveling vehicles on the way to the inner part of the city. Eventually Shen passed throw the crowded streets and found himself in front of the massive building. Finding a place to park his car, Shen lock it and makes his way up the small flight of stairs to the main entrance.

Inside the lobby was busy as aids, officials, and employees roam through the corridors. Walking up to the center desk, Shen ask one of the many receptionist.

(Receptionist)
"Hello sir, how may I help you?"

(Shen)
"Hello, is the Emperor free at the moment? I request to speak with him."

The receptionist then opens a cabinet under the desk and skims through the different binders and folders. Finding the right one, she takes the binder out and looks through the different time and dates.

(Receptionist)
"I'm sorry, but by the looks of it, he is currently in a meeting. If you can give me your name, I can pass on to his secretary to put you in."

(Shen)
"Shen of the Zhao Family, but please, this is important. I need to see him, where is the room that the meeting is taking place."

(Receptionist)
"Oh Mr. Zhao, sorry I didn't recognise you. Welcome back from your ordeal, but I'm afraid that I can't do that."

As she finishes her sentence, down in one of the corridors, a influx of voices can be heard coming towards the main lobby. Walking out was a group of officials and representatives with the Emperor in the middle. 

Seeing that he is out, Shen moves towards the group.

(Xi)
"We'll discuss more in the next meeting...Ah Mr. Zhao what a pleasure to meet you here. Everyone as you all know that he and his arrived last night  in great condition after their ordeal."

Shen is then crowded as the people in the group goes towards him with handshakes and compliments.

(Shen)
"Thank you all for the kind words gentlemen, but your Excellence, may we speak in private, there are things that we need to discuss."

Picking up the tone in his voice, Xi gives a small nod.

(Xi)
"Gentlemen, we will meet again next week to discuss more on the subject. Now if you excuse us, I have other matters to attend to."

Giving a bow, the rest of the group disperse and go on their way as Shen and Xi goes to another hallway towards Xi's office.

As they walk, Chong comes up behind the two which surprises Shen,

(Shen)
"Whoa, where did you come from?"

(Xi)
"My Elite Guard remember? They are always around to protect me, even if you don't see them. But I'm glad you came, I was about to call you. Chong, got the room ready?"

(Chong)
"Yes your Excellence. Once inside, no one can see or hear the two of you speak."

(Xi)
"Nicely done, here we are."

The three stands outside the doorway to Xi's office. He opens the door and lets the others in. Shen looks around and then to him.

(Shen)
"No offence to you Xi, but I don't think this is secure enough."

With a small smirk, Xi walks to a bookcase and pulls one of the spines. With a few clicks, the entire casing swings open.

(Xi)
"I know, that is why I have this. Chong, get some of your men and guard the doorway, tell them I'm in a very special meeting and can't be bothere at the moment."

(Chong)
"Right away."

Chong then walks out the room and closes the door behind him.

(Xi)
"Well come on, you said there is something that I need to know."

Going inside the secret room, Shen goes in and finds that it is a slightly bigger room then the one before. Closing the bookcase behind him, Xi goes up to Shen.

(Xi)
"A personal study of mine, I had it installed awhile back when I just want to get away from the stress. Now shall we talk."

Xi then leads Shen to the table sitting in the middle of the room. Shen then tells him of the secret plot orchestrated by the Tiger and Deer, and how his daughter and son are in the mix of it.

Walking out of the building towards his car, Saull picks up the on board radio and calls the Tiger

(Saull)
"Sir, there maybe a problem."


Anvala

Burning Skies Saloon

(Tommy)
"Hey Allen, where in the world is John?"

(Allen)
"I don't know, but I'm gonna kill him when he gets back. There is too many people here for the two of us to handle."

Inside the Saloon, the main floor is crowded with dock workers and others from various parts of the city. The only two working is Allen and Tommy with John missing from the action.

(Tommy)
"Did everyone get the rest of the day off? It's only noon for Pete's sakes. Yeah hold on I got you drink."

Tommy moves behind the counter and grabs several mugs from the racks. Going to the taps, he fills each one with Anvalan Reserve."

(Tommy)
*under his breath* "Good thing Zill had those barrels underneath his warehouse, be disastrous if we tried to replicate Yiski's drinks."

Once top off, he pass the the mugs to the various customers at the bar. Allen moves through the crowd and leans on the counter towards the Tommy.

(Allen)
"We really need more people, or at least have Bdr and the others back."

(Tommy)
"At least it is not like the Festival, remember it was only the three of us running this place and doing repairs."

(Allen)
"We need to hire people now."

The door then opens and comes through John. He then navigate through the swarm of people to Allen and Tommy.

(Tommy)
"Where were you? As you can see we needed help."

(John)
"Whoa, hold on, I got a very good reason why I wasn't here."

(Allen)
"Ok, go on..."

(John)
"Well I was on my way here from Bdr's docks when I got side tracked a bit."

(Tommy)
"Oh how so?"

(John)
"Well there was this lady."

Both Tommy and Allen face palm themselves after heating those words. With a roll of his eyes, Tommy grabs and throws an apron onto John's face stopping him fro continuing his story.

(Tommy)
"You are here, just help us."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on February 19, 2014, 02:08:18 pm
Cecelia: " But the gardens are that way!"

Lockheart: *Smirks* " I know, I know. But what else is here i have interest in?"

Cecelia: " Oh, no. Please. Not the Order. Its so boooooring"

Lockheart: " Too true. However, i have a order to pick up from Octavian Noye. The head Smith. Since my last ambush, and recent events. I want to make sure Averna, Our Trade, and most importantly, our lives. Are safe."

Cecelia: * sighs * " It's never just a normal day out with you is it?"

Lockheart: " Always a adventure"

Lockheart checks outside the window of the carriage and realizes they are close by. He signals to the driver. And they come to a halt.
The two step outside onto the Stone path below. The Large complex where the Order of Chaladon was located. The Research, Engineering, Financial and Government buildings, all close together. Chaladons Parrot Sigil flew from banners on street lamps, and the Buildings themselves. it was just reaching evening, and the sun had begun to fall. The people here were mainly Nobles, with a few Commoners, going about their business.

The Pair approached the Blacksmith's building. Where Octavian was waiting.

Octavian: " Good Evening Sir, Madam. Here to pick up your order, i presume?"

Lockheart: " Yes, of course. I trust it wasn't too weary of a task?"

Octavian: " No, sir. *smiles* Not terribly different from all the other orders we receive..." *Looks over Lockheart's Shoulder* " I see you brought a carriage... Anything else to carry all this Alloy plate?"

Lockheart: " yes, a few days ago i docked my fleet up here in the Higher Dock. So, all we have to do is move the plate from here down the street... Erm.. Do you have a trailer we can borrow to transport it down?"

Octavian: " Yes sir, right away. We'll get it down to the dock for you. Of course * rubs fingers together* for a bit extra..."

Lockheart sighs and hands Octavian a small sack of coins.

Octavian: " Much Obliged "

The Alloy plate, was thick, and a shiny silver colour. It took half a hour to transport it all to the dock. And a further Half hour for Lockheart to load it aboard 3 of his Galleons.

Octavian: " Thats the last of it" *claps hands together* " Well, its heavy duty stuff, that. Should do ya well. We tested it against some o' those rounds you said you got from that. Gunsmith in Anvala... Well. They certainly proved a task and a half. But our lads had fun shooting rather that Smithin'. That plate there should hold up against any shot, that you encountered. Except the one for the Mercury Gun, and the Heavy Flak. We couldn't do anything with that im afraid."

Lockheart: " No problem. I'm not expecting to go up against those rounds but the sense of security is a great deal to me. Thank you. And say thank you to your boys aswell."

Octavian: " Aye, sir... But if you see that... er. Yuri or whatever. Give him my regards. And ask him if he has any time to teach me to do anything like that. Your lucky i didnt sell the rounds to the Order Officials. They'd pay me buckets to reverse engineer that and give 'em a whole new arsenal. "

Lockheart: " You have my thanks. And i'll see what i can do. If i ever see him again."

The two shook hands and parted ways. Lockheart and Cecelia boarded the " Yeshan Dragon ", with the plate sat below deck. Them and the 2 other Galleons. The: "Crowns Justice" and the "Landed Knight". flew back up the Black rock, towards Lockhearts private Docks where they moored up and unloaded the plate. Alexander came to greet them.

Alexander: " Ah, ha. So you did order something from Octavian!"

Lockheart: " Yep. Its a very very strong alloy... I want you to install it on the " Winter", " The Crowns Justice" and "Yeshan Dragon". Its custom built for all of those ships."

Alexander: " Gladly. Looks good. I'll do it, on one condition."

Lockheart rolls his eyes.

Alexander: " You take me to Cathedral, AND you take me with you for at least 3 months on your ship. Since i dont have mine anymore..."

Lockheart: " You shouldn't of rammed it into the Docks"

Alexander: " Look, do you want me to fit your precious ships or not?"

Lockheart: " Fine..."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Yiski on February 20, 2014, 09:34:42 am
-Chang-ning, Yesha-

After Shen's departure to the capital and his wife's follow up meetings with military officials, Roland decided to head off towards the saloon. Part of him wondered how worried Yiski had been since he and the others went off without so much a word. Another part wondered if the saloon was even still standing. Roland was more worried about the latter rather than the former.

After having one of the maids at the manor handle transportation, Roland soon found himself at the familiar sight of the Crimson Skies Saloon. He breathed a sigh of relief, knowing the place still stood.

[Roland]
'At least dad, didn't blow this place up.... yet.'

Roland entered the saloon and immediately noticed two things. First, the saloon was insanely packed. Sure, the saloon had a healthy number of patrons when the it first opened and grew steadily over the years, but never did he see the place nearly crowded like sardines. Second, the saloon had gone quite and all patrons eyes were on him. The only sounds Roland could hear was the city outside.

[Familiar Voice]
"Well, if it isn't the prodigal son!"

The voice was instantly recognizable as Yiski's as he made his way towards the entrance and gave Roland a long-awaited, body crushing hug. Once Yiski released, Roland was met by another, equally crushing, hug from Lauren.

[Roland]
"Good to be home dad and Lau... er... mom."

[Lauren]
*kisses Roland's cheek* "We missed you."

[Yiski]
"Good to see you're back in one piece. Where's my daughter at?"

[Roland]
"She's in a meeting with military officials. I think it is a debriefing of what we went through."

[Yiski]
"Huh.... I guess that's to be expected. Well, come on. I hope you didn't forget how to run a saloon."

[Lauren]
"And don't forget to tell us what happened while you were gone."

Over the next few hours, between handling all the patrons and making sure none of the stills were going to erupt, Roland recounted the adventure of rescuing Shen and Liu from the further remains of the Birdmen. Hearing that name again....

[Yiski]
"You're shittin' me? Them again?! These bastards keep poppin' up like roaches."

[Roland]
"Yes, it actually came to a surprise to all of us."

[Lauren]
"Good thing your father didn't know this, or he would have taken off after you immediately."

[Yiski]
"Damn right I would've. Which reminds me... why didn't you ever contact us about the incident?"

[Roland]
"I suppose the panic the kidnappings caused just made us react instinctively."

[Lauren]
*smirking* "Come on dear, be easy on him. After all he does take after both of his fathers."

Yiski sheepishly rubs the back of his neck.

[Yiski]
"Heh, I suppose he does."

The three share a small chuckle. Roland takes a short breath and looks back out towards the sea of patrons.

[Roland]
"Father."

[Yiski]
"Son."

[Roland]
"Why is the saloon so packed? I have never seen this."

[Yiski]
"Well.... I might've started re-brewin' White Steam Whiskey. And I might've started a bet that those who can resist its effect that they would get twenty gold coins."

Roland just stared at his father for a few moments.

[Yiski]
"Good news. Nobody's won yet and we're makin' lots of coin."

Roland sighed and gave a chuckle knowing full well nobody was ever going to win that bet. Even after some time away, it seems like nothing has changed.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 23, 2014, 04:08:29 am
Vyshtorg

Zankief's Warehouse

(Zankief)
"Well, take a look."

The group enters the large room and see various papers and equipment scattered around a few tables. Zankief goes over and picks up an identity book and toss it to BdrLine. He opens it and looks through it.

(Zankief)
"It was easy to do your Bdr as you already came through here a while back. Had a harder time for the others in your group as we didn't know how many and what gender. So we made quite a few more. And if you guys find an alias that you like, give it to my men so they can put in last minute information."

(Althea)
"Hmm, Walker, I like this one. Elegant, yet simple."

(Courage)
"Hey Charles, look at this one. You look like a Casey haha."

(Charles)
"..."

Zankief motions for the others to come to the table and look through the other booklets and papers.

(BdrLine)
"These looks almost authentic. Still, I wonder why you gave me Carmichael as a last name."

(Zankief)
"Oh, that's just to mess with you a little. You should have thought of one instead of letting me and my team make one for you."

As the others continue to look, Zankief takes Bdr to look at the rest of the equipment.

(Zankief)
"So if there is anything else that you guys need, don't hesitate to ask me. Oh before I forget, ammunition is a few levels underneath, so don't worry about running out."

(BdrLine)
"Alright, since I got my papers I'll head out and see what else i can dig up."

Althea overhears him and walks to the two."

(Althea)
"Actually Bdr hun, I think you should stay here for now."

(BdrLine)
"What, why?"

(Althea)
"I think it may raise suspicions if a Yeshan if found snooping around guildhalls."

(Zankief)
"I think your girl is right Bdr, can't risk that happening until we find out more."

(BdrLine)
"Then what am I going to do then?"

(Zankief)
"You can help me and my men around here. With your knowledge we can improve certain things."

(BdrLine)
"Fine."

(Althea)
"Good, I'll take the other two and we'll be off into the city. Charles, Courage, come on."

Dropping off there papers to Zankief, the three goes back upstairs and out  onto the streets of the Mercantile Capital.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on February 25, 2014, 08:55:45 pm
--Vyshtorg--

Alex and Richard ran into Reagan and Preston as they wandered about the streets.

Richard
"So did you two find anything?"

Preston
"Nothing yet, but we did find an inn we could stay at for a time."

Alex
"Do we need to worry about finds?"

Reagan
"For the most part? Probably not that much, I've managed to requisition some from Cathedral, it won't be enough for long but it should keep us off the streets for a while."

Richard
"I'm going to find us a job, maybe even set ourselves as civilian contractors, a city this big will need someone like us somewhere."

Reagan
"Check construction, salvage equipment is equally useful there."

Alex
"Richard go check on that, Reagan, show us that inn you found."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 26, 2014, 02:20:14 am
Chang-ning

Imperial Palace

As Xi listens to Shen about the recent events starting with the meeting of Zardis to the secret plot between the Deer and Tiger, he stands up and circles around the hidden room.

(Shen)
"Currently, my daughter is set to leave later today to lead the attack group."

(Xi)
"This is troubling. I know we haven't been on good terms with the Guild lately, but a hostile take over. Almost as worst as the Birdmen."

(Shen)
"So what do we do? We can't go out and arrest them as we don't have any solid evidence."

(Xi)
"Hmm, i don't know what to do. If we warn the Guild, they may start a war with us. We can't arrest them, like you said, we don't have any evidence. You daughter maybe on her own for this."

(Shen)
"Well not exactly."

(Xi)
"hmm?"

(Shen)
"My son also knows about this as well, he and a group of others are on their way to the Guild, heck they even may be in Vyshtorg. We were going to contact him later if either of us has found something."

(Xi)
"Alright then. I just hope they figure out something."

(Shen)
"Same here as well. Where do we go now?"

(Xi)
"I still have to plan for your return ball, I need to do something to clear my mind after all this. I'll just meet you at your manor later."

(Shen)
"Okay then."

Shen stands up from his seat and is about to exit the room when Xi calls back to him.

(Xi)
"Shen, one more thing. Watch your back, if I know a thing about this current Tiger, he'll maybe watching you. Gods he'll maybe watching me as well."

With a quick nod, Shen turns and walks out into the normal office and knocks at the main door.

(Shen)
"Chong, we are done in here. I'm leaving but the Emperor is still here."

From the other side, Chong answers as he acknowledges. 

(Chong)
"Understood Mr. Zhao."

Shen then opens the door to let himself out. Standing guard on either side of the doorway, Chong and another Elite stand guard.

(Chong)
"Also, might want to keep an extra eye out, the Tiger maybe watching me and my family, and to extent, the Emperor as well."

With that, Shen exits the building to his vehicle and drives home.

Zhao Manor

Giving time to rest from from her latest mission and meeting with the Tiger, it is around one in the afternoon and Ny-Lee rises out of bed still in uniform. She goes over to a mirror and checks herself with some disgust.

(Ny-Lee)
I really need to clean myself.

Going over to to the room's bathroom, she undresses and starts the shower. She quickly bathes herself, washing out the dust that was collected. Finishing, Ny-Lee grabs a towel and turns off the shower. Back in her room, she changes into a new uniform and packs a few extra articles of clothing for the next assignment.

Fresh and clean, Ny-Lee exits the room and heads towards the stairs. At the balcony viewing the main door, Liu comes in and sees her daughter coming down.

(Liu)
*smiles* "Finally someone is awake. I see you already for the next trip."

At the foot of the stairs, Ny-Lee goes over and hugs her mother.

(Ny-Lee)
"Hi mom. Yeah, I just woke up thirty minutes ago."

(Liu)
"Well when you came home earlier this morning, you brother did say you were very tired."

(Ny-Lee)
"Oh I was, from thinking about this whole mission and meeting with that Tiger. Urrgh, sorry I just don't what to think about right now. So looks like you went out, meeting with your trading company?"

(Liu)
"I was going to meet with the board, but instead the Deer was waiting for me at the office. Here let's go to the kitchen and I'll tell you about it. Plus I'm betting that you maybe hungry."

(Ny-Lee)
"Hehe, just a little."

Going down one of the hallways, the two find themselves in the kitchen. Liu then opens cabinets and gather some ingredients for a sandwich. As she prepares two, Liu explains the meeting to Ny-Lee.

(Liu)
"So as I said earlier, the Deer was at my office waiting for me. He asked me if he can used some of my bigger transports to help move supplies as an offering for the next meeting with the Guild."

(Ny-Lee)
"Most likely the one I'm going."

(Liu)
"Yes most likely. I asked him why my company, since I don't do any trading within Guild borders after my company beaten out their completion in this region. Told me it would be a sign of good faith in having the largest trading company on this side of the world to open up to the Guild again. I was hesitant for a bit, but I had agree eventually, he wouldn't back down."

(Ny-Lee)
"I have a feeling that it is not goods they are putting in those transports."

(Liu)
"I got it as well."

Liu finishes with the sandwiches and hand Ny-Lee one. The two then eat while discussing the matter.

As it nears two o'clock in the afternoon, Ny-Lee checks the clock in the kitchen and to her mother.

(Ny-Lee)
"Looks like I have to go. Gods I wish I didn't have to do this."

(Liu)
"I know, but we need to stop them. But do warn your older brother, he needs to hear about this."

(Ny-Lee)
"I won't."

With a peck on the cheek to her mother, Ny-Lee exits the manor and calls for a driver. As soon as the car pulls up, she enters and tells the driver to go to the Capital's base.

Capital Headquarters

It is three o'clock when the car arrives and drops off Ny-Lee inside. Walking, she heads towards her ship and it's sister. Standing in front of the two Pyramidions are Syá and the rest of the crew. Giving a brief salute to everyone, they form a circle around Ny-Lee.

(Ny-Lee)
"So I'll bet that they already briefed you guys now what is going on?"

(Lau)
"Yes ma'am, it is going to be tough though."

(Ny-Lee)
"hmm? How so?"

(Syá)
"From the list of what units they are bringing, all of them, besides us, are loyal to the Tiger."

(Pān)
"they have a whole regiment for this."

(Ny-Lee)
"I knew they were going to put something else in my mother's ships."

(Wèi)
"Wait, how did they get those ships

(Ny-Lee)
"Well the Deer wore her down enough for him to use them. If those troops are seen rushing out those transports once they land, this will discredit her and her company."

Fang, another crewman for Ny-Lee's ships speaks next.

(Fang)
"That's right, I remember that your mother only does humanitarian aid and merchandise trade."

(Syá)
"Cap, what do we do then?"

(Ny-Lee)
"Just prep the ships, I need to call Azn."

Vyshtorg

Zankief's Warehouse

Sitting and leaning back on a chair, BdrLine stares at the ceiling fan as it goes round in a circle. Sitting besides him, Archer looks over the floor plans to Slava's guild house.

(BdrLine)
"So bored. Archer, what am I suppose todo if I can't go out there yet."

(Archer)
"Well Pops said to go and help out or engines around here."

(BdrLine)
"I'll do that later, and when did you guys start calling him Pops? Wasn't Boss before."

(Archer)
"Eh, he said it sounded too business like, he needed something that has a ring to it and still sounded authoritative like. So Pops."

(BdrLine)
"It sorta suits him."

Placing the seat four feet back onto the ground, BdrLine, lays his face down on the metal table."

(BdrLine)
"Guys have a range down here? I need to shoot something."

(Archer
"Yeah, downstairs across the armoury." 

Perking his head up from hearing there is a gun range, BdrLine stands up and heads upstairs to the main floor of the warehouse where the ships are stationed. At his Goldfish, he retrieves his rifles and heads back down two floors to where the range is located. He then practices shooting at the targets that are set up.

Somewhere in the City

Together in a group, Althea, Charles, and Courage roam around the city taking mental notes of where certain things are located.

(Courage)
"Dang this place is even bigger than Cathedral, we may get lost in a place like this."

(Althea)
"Almost the size as Chang-ning as well. Might need some transport if we need to get around."

(Charles)
"Yeah, so how long have we been out? Might as well head back."

(Althea)
"Well we got here at noon,... It is already five now. We should."

As the three turns around and start to retrace their steps, Courage notices a pair of people in the crowd. He nudges to the other two and points to their direction.

(Courage)
"Do you guys recognise them?"

(Althea)
"Yeah, they were at the inn back in Cathedral."

(Courage)
"Wonder what they are doing here."

(Charles)
"Want to check them out? We have time."

(Althea)
"doesn't  hurt to ask."

They proceed to follow and catch up to them.
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Captain Lockheart on February 27, 2014, 11:33:13 am
--Over the Eastern Ridge, Over Angleforth--

Captain Oakenshield: " Commodore!"

Commodore Kingcrest: " Aye sir?"

Captain Oakenshield: " Whats our progress on Averna?"

Commodore Kingcrest: " Were currently over Angleforth, safe in Baronies air space. We make for Blackcliff, then Serpents Point. After we fly across the Black Channel to Amida, over the Old Route. Landing in Amida. Estimated arrival.... 2 days hence."

Captain Oakenshield: " Good, once we reach Amida, we can fly down to Averna and give that man whats coming to him. It'll teach him to never break a oath with me, or mine..."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Piemanlives on February 28, 2014, 12:42:24 am
--Somewhere in Vyshtorg--

While the two of them really had nothing better to do other then see what they could find about the upcoming Yeshan diplomatic party, it was hard to actually learn anything when no one actually knew the detail other then the high ranking members of guild politics.

Dahlia
"I'm starting to wonder if we'll actually get anywhere with this."

Lorena
"Could be a fair bit worse you know."

Dahlia
"I'll give you that, so, what should we do now?"

Lorena opened her mouth to speak, but instantly closed it, she had no idea what to do now, Dahlia also began forming a clueless face as well.

Lorena
"I just realized I have no idea."

Dahlia
"So did I, want to see if we can link up with your dad? Maybe he's... learned... something...."

Lorena was confused why she just spoke as she did, following her gaze however she saw some familiar faces heading toward them.

Lorena
"Oh."

--Vyshtorg Harbor--

Travis was busy maintaining their guns when his brother passed him a sandwich.

Travis
"Thanks"

He took a bite of it.

Travis
"So, what should we be doing exactly."

Reynold
"I'm going to assume we stay with the ship while they find us a place to stay, other then that I have no idea."

A plume of smoke erupted from below deck, followed by a distressed looking Phillip.

Phillip
"She's hopeless, but at the same time she's not."

Travis was skeptical at that statement, his brother was obviously thinking the same thing and decided to ask for him.

Reynold
"And why's that exactly?"

Phillip
"She gets how to do it, she just doesn't understand why it works, I've tried explaining it, and well, that happened."

He pointed to the plume of smoke.

Travis
"Fixable?"

Phillip
"Give me about an hour to do proper work on it."

Reynold sighed.

Reynold
"Need anything?"

Phillip
"If you can get me a few gears that would be excellent."

Travis
"Usual type?"

Phillip
"Probably, I'd rather not try something I'm not familiar with."

He reached into his tool belt and passed them a few crowns.

Phillip
"That should be enough."

Travis
"Alright, we'll be back, try not to let the ship get stolen."

Snide remarks aside it was probably sound advice, however the three of them gave a laugh at it.

Reynold
"We'll be back in a bit, hold down the ship while we're gone."

Phillip
"I'll do my best."

With those two off he looked back to the mess of a girl sitting on a crate behind him.

Phillip
"Alright Amelia, lets teach you how to do proper repair work."

Amelia
"Fun..."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: BdrLineAzn on February 28, 2014, 03:10:43 am
Chang-ning

Capital Headquarters

Onboard the Comet the crew goes around the entire ship inspecting the components and items. On the radio, Ny-Lee dials in her brother's frequency but all she hears is static as no replies comes through. She tries a few more times, but the results are the same like the first, no answer. Shaking her head, Ny-Lee returns the headset back onto the radio and checks her watch.

(Ny-Lee)
3:50, about to leave soon. I'll try and contact him later on the way

Sighing, she looks out over the shipyard and sees the ships used for the diabolical plot. She sees four of her mother's trading ships, but instead of raw material and goods, ground troops are being loaded. Across from them five Yeshan Galleons float idle, waiting for the signal to rise. Four more Pyramidions will accompany them with their two making six in total. Making up the last of the aerial combat ships are four Junkers also in waiting. Nineteen ships make up this fleet, and Ny-Lee knows that she is in charge of it. Looking at the fleet, one would assume very precious cargo is being guarded with the amount of ships, but the real reason is making her sick in her stomach with disgust.

Soon horns blow from different ships as the controller gives them permission to depart. As every other ship has rose above the base's skyline, her ship is still docked as Syá rises before her.

(Controller)
 "YIA Comet You are cleared for takeoff. Good luck Captain with the Guild. If this diplomatic negotiations goes well, it will bring the Guild closer to us."

(Ny-Lee)
"We'll try. Rising up."

Inflating her ships balloon with gas, the Pyramidion slowly rises out of her berth and forms up with the others. Turning to the fleet's radio frequency, she addresses the other captains.

(Ny-Lee)
"Alright you all know the orders, all vessels set a course for Lu Tower. We are heading for the Guild."

Aye's can be heard from the other captains through the radio as the formation turns southwest to the newly remodelled Lu Tower.

Shortly after leaving the city limits, Ny-Lee motions to Pān to take the helm as she dials in Syá.

(Ny-Lee)
"Syá, you there?"

(Syá)
"Yes cap, I'm here. How are we going to stop this? There is way too many of them here for us to try and take them on. Plus I'm uneasy of the thought of killing our own people. Even if they are willing going about this."

(Ny-Lee)
"I know I know. I just need time to contact either my father or my brother. They may have something up there sleeves."

(Syá)
"Let us hope so."

Zhao Manor

Back at home, Shen is spending his time in the manor's library deep in thought. He is trying to find someway to expose the Tiger and the Deer and bring them to trial for conspiracy. As he rubs his temples, the door opens and Liu comes in.

(Liu)
"You'll get grey hairs faster stressing this hard."

She says with a smile as she sit by him. Shen returns it with a small smile of his own.

(Shen)
"I know, but it is the thought of it that bothering me. We need to stop them."

(Liu)
"I know dear, it is not like we didn't experience it before. But they will find a way, like they always have."

(Shen)
"I hope so."

The door opens again, this time one of their servants comes in with a message.

(Shen)
"Ah hello there Ting. Do you need us for anything?"

(Ting)
"No sir, I just here to inform you that the Emperor is here."

(Liu)
"Emperor Xi?"

(Ting)
"Yes ma'am. We let him in. He and his wife is waiting in the lounge."

(Shen)
"Thank you for the information. Tell him we will be there in a few minutes."

Giving a nod, Ting walks back out to inform the Emperor. 

Standing up, the pair looks at eachother with confuse faces.

(Liu)
"Wonder why Xi and Kayo are here."

(Shen)
"Beats me, but we shouldnt keep them waiting."

The pair then walks out of the library towards the lounge. As they arrive, they see two of the Emperor's Elite Guard standing by the door. As they approach, one of the opens the door to let them through.

(Liu)
"Thank you kindly."

Inside, Xi and his wife are talking with one another while drinking tea that was served earlier. Seeing the two enter, they stand up and greet each other. Once finished, they all take a seat around the table.

(Shen)
"Nice to see you again Xi. What has it been, a few hours?" *laughs* "So what brings you here?"

(Xi)
*laughs* "Nice to see you again as well Shen. But remember when I said that I'll plan the return ball for the two of you. Why not the four of us do it so that we can take out minds off the you know what."

(Liu)
"That is a splendid idea, especially since Shen is too stressed out. Plus i can catch up with you Kayo."

(Kayo)
"I know, it's been way too long."

The four continues to talk with eachother and about plans for the ball which they settle on having tomorrow night. Outside the gates of the manor, a van is parked down the street where a few of the Tiger's agents are listening in. Standing in the middle of the van, Saull looks over the monitors.

(Saull)
"Anything?"

(Agent)
"Nothing, they are just talking about some ball. They don't seem to know about anything."

(Saull)
"Just keep listening. I have a feeling that they do."

Vyshtorg

Somewhere in the City

The trio continues to follow Alex and Reagan through the streets trying to catch up to them. The two then slow down and stop in front of a building and proceeds to walk inside.

Finally catching up to where they were last seen. Althea, Courage and Charles look at the building and notices that it is an inn.

(Courage)
"Huh, Must be where they are staying."

Althea looks down at her watch and checks the time. Turning upwards, the sky is darkening.

(Althea)
"Looks like this is where we were staying as well. It is getting late and we are too far from the docks and warehouse. I don't want to be stuck out there roaming the streets in the night."

(Charles)
"Ok then. I got some money on me so we can share a room."

The three then enters the inn and checks in at the front. Once they pay for the room and recieve the key, the three heads up for the night. Inside, all three notices the accommodations. There are two single beds, which they are grateful as they don't want to sleep together with one another, but that is it for bed space. All was left was a couch.

They all look at eachother when Althea says.

(Althea)
"I call for one of the beds. No way I'm sleeping on a couch. You two...working out. Night."

Going over to one of the beds, Althea takes off her shoes and anything in her pockets before tucking in.

As for the duo, Charles and Courage glance at one another and to the remaining bed.

(Courage)
"How to settle this."

(Charles)
"Ro sham bo?"

(Courage)
"Best two out of three."

(Courage & Charles)
"Ro... Sham... Bo"

Eventually Charles wins it and happily takes the remaining bed. Mumbling a few curses, Courage grabs an extra blanket and pillow and lie down on the couch. 

End of Day 14

Start of Day 15
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Gryphos on March 05, 2014, 04:24:11 pm
--Griffinheart--

Gareth, Lyre, Zardis and the rest wake up aboard the ship, having decided previously to avoid public accommodation. The first to wake up is Gareth, followed by Zardis, who follows Gareth onto the dock out of curiosity.

Zardis
"Is something wrong?"

Gareth
"No, it's just strange."

Zardis
"What is?"

Gareth waves his hand at the tall city before them, already awake and noisy.

Gareth
"This, Vyshtorg, the capital of the Guild. I grew up always thinking of this place as hell, enemy HQ. But it seems alright."

Zardis
"Arashi?"

Gareth
"Yes."

Zardis ponders for a second.

Zardis
"'Gareth'… hardly an Arashi name."

Gareth
"No, I chose it to get by. Being an obvious Arashi doesn't get you far in the world."

Zardis nods understandingly, before looking back tot he city.

Zardis
"Yeah, it's alright."

Gareth
"You been here before?"

Zardis
"I was born and raised here."

Gareth
"What?"

Zardis
"Yup. I only moved to Yesha later in life. That's the reason I wasn't happy knowing what the Deer was going to do. It's my home they're taking over."

Gareth
"But, 'Zardis Lang Dacrain'. Now that I think about it, the 'Lang' does stand out a bit."

Zardis
"Ah, my mother was Yeshan."

Gareth
"That must be difficult for you."

Zardis
"Why?"

Gareth
"You know, fighting against your half heritage."

Zardis
"*chuckle* Take a wild guess as to how many damns I give about tradition and heritage."

Gareth
"None?"

Zardis
"Affirmative."

Gareth
"I'm starting to like you."
Title: Re: The Skies have no Limit
Post by: Yiski on March 05, 2014, 11:57:34 pm
--Crimson Skies Saloon--

The day started just as it has always done. Roland was unusually slow to rise and rubbed his eyes in a vain effort to fight off the early light. He quickly took in his surroundings and realized two things: First, he was in the saloon. Second, his wife wasn't with him.

[Roland]
'Where is Ny? Wait.... she did say she had to ship out again today. Or was it yesterday?'

Not remembering his wife had already departed, Roland splashed some water on his face at the nearby water basin and headed downstairs in the vain hope to see the Comet still docked.

[Yiski]
"Look who's awake now, huh?"

[Roland]
"Father, you cannot blame me for being tired from my trip and to what I came back to, do you?"

[Yiski]
"Heh, I guess things did get a bit out of hand right before closing?"

[Lauren]
"That's an understatement. You just had to triple the reward. You're lucky the authorities didn't haul you off as well with all along with half of the patrons passed out and the other half wandering around drunk off their arse."

Yiski turned to Lauren and sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck before turning back to Roland. The events of last night are in large part as to why Roland has forgotten his wife's immediate departure. Take Yiski's brews, add patrons, add stupid challenges and bets for stupid amounts of gold and you get... well... imagination is a wonderful tool now is it not?

[Yiski]
"Now that I think about it, where's my daughter-in-law? Kinda figured she'd of shown up by now."

[Roland]
"Well, Ny said she had to leave today for another trip of sorts, though I do not know the purpose. I was going to head down to the docks to see whether or not she had left yet."

[Lauren]
"Ah, then you'd better hurry. Don't let your father hold you up any longer."

[Roland]
"Right. I will return soon father... mo.. er... Lauren."

Before Yiski could say anything on the slip, Roland quickly made his way out and into the ever busy capital. Yiski turned to his wife who wore a concerned expression. He walked over and gave her a hug and light peck on her cheek.

[Yiski]
"You're just gonna have to give him a little more time. You know?"

[Lauren]
*sigh* "I know..."

--En route--

Even in the early hours, Chang-ning always seemed to be packed and busy with all sorts of activity. Even after living in the city for some time now, Roland still could not get over how rapidly the daily scene could change. One day, there are open markets selling an assortment of merchandise and goods, and within hours the same space could be used to hold open auctions, from selling scrap to galleons.

In his haste, however, Roland neglects some lessons which Yiski had taught him over the years while in Anvala. One of the most important lessons: Noticing when you are being followed.

[Saull]
"Report. Where is the secondary moving?"

[Agent]
"Toward the docks currently. Nothing noticeable in his behavior."

[Saull]
"Continue surveillance."

--Doc