Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1190477 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #885 on: March 21, 2013, 12:33:35 am »
*Zill slowly comes down the stairs. He attempts to stand straight up but the adreneline from earlier has passed and he knows its stupid to try.*

How are we down here? Cant sleep with all this crap on my mind.
I cant let this slow me down. I wont lose anyone else...

*Jun'ko comes over and helps him off the stairs.*

Dammit I told you to stay up there. Sooner or later youre not going to recover from your stunts.
Ugh he worries me to death. And he literally throws himself at death and comes back out battered....

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: March 21, 2013, 01:04:55 am »
*BdrLine comes out of the back room, sracthing his head*
*To Yiski*
So far yes, right now Zankif is looking into this with his men back in the Guild. I also called Niko to see if he can find anything about that seal around the Capital. Called my family and told them what happened here, They are doubling up on guards on the manor, even resorted in bring the elites from the Palace. Finally i called in the Barons and see if during back in the conflict they saw that seal in battle. All we can do now is wait until i get a message back.

*Ny-Lee to her brother after his statement*
So they are safe with all that protection right?

Yes Ny, with the Elites around, nothing will get in to harm them. With all this aside, i going to grab myself a drink
*BdrLine goes to the bar and makes himself a sake*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: March 21, 2013, 01:12:30 am »
--NARRATOR--

The evening sky was clear and the moon was at its brightest. Consequently, the same could not be said the group. Tonight, everyone was staying at the saloon. Yiski did not want the group split up in case there were more mercenaries roaming Anvala.

Luckily, Paradox had sent out for some help to bring in camping supplies and soon enough blankets, pillows, and cushions were provided. It was good having a trading company CEO as a friend. The group decided to keep watch in groups. Zill and Jun'ko would take first watch. Paradox would take second and Yiski third. Everyone else would sleep in the back room.

During the first watch, Zill sat at the counter with his back against it. He had his hand-cannon resting on his lap. Jun'ko set up on the left side of the saloon and her knives siting on the table.
I'll be damned if I let a bullet or two stop me... let alone end me.

I know Zill wants to keep moving, but if he doesn't slow down, I don't know what I can do.

During the second watch, Paradox was behind the counter and fixing himself to a few drinks. Being mostly mechanical had a benefit. First, you do not need as much sleep. Second, all the mechanical bits filtered the alcohol faster meaning more to drink.
We need to have these sleepovers more often. Free drinks.

On the final watch, Yiski set up in the corner of the saloon. He had Blood Bolt set up on a bipod on a table. His line-of-sight extended outside and a bit down the road. Today's firefight and Roland's near-brush with death had him still on edge.
I'll be damned by the skies if I let those bastards come after my friends.

Eventually, the night would pass on without incident.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 38--

(OOC) Well, it's that time again where I kinda push this into another quest. Luckily, you the viewers get to decide whether we should go on a quest or not. Our lovely Zill will be posting a poll. The polls will be open for two days. Get voting. (OOC)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:21:12 am by Yiski »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: March 21, 2013, 10:48:54 am »
--START OF DAY 39--

--NARRATOR--

As the morning sun greeted Anvala, Yiski was the first to meet it. He gave a yawn and stretched his arms and legs. Eventually, the others would wake. Ny-Lee checked up on Roland's wound to ensure it was okay and Jun'ko checked Zill's condition. When everybody got into the front, there was silence. Nobody really wanted to continue last night's conversation. If they had there choice, they'd wish they could put all this behind them and move on. Their collective thoughts were interrupted by...

*GRUMBLE* *GRUMBLE*

Everybody looked at one another and laughed. They were hungry. Even though the saloon did not have much in the way of food, it was more for Roland and Yiski than for the patrons. Yiski motioned for Roland to help him out in preparing breakfast for everybody.

After breakfast, a knock came at the door. Immediately, everyone had their weapons at the ready.

Yiski, it's the foreman. I've got the men ready to work.

Everyone calmed down and Yiski approached and opened the door.

You ready for us to start?

Yup. Yiski turns to everyone. Alright, since we need to vacate the saloon, where are we headed for the day?

--NARRATOR END--

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: March 21, 2013, 11:06:51 am »
*Zill looks to Yiski.*

Well first we need to place our "friends" in Oliver's basement. Im not ready to talk to them, and they could use another day of "softening up." After that we could head to the Council Library to check up on this seal. We should be safer toward the City Center due to the increased amount of activity and guards.

*Jun'ko is helping Zill stand up straight. He still wasn't healed from yesterday.*

I agree. Anything to lessen the chance of fighting would be smart. We are battered enough as is.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: March 21, 2013, 11:39:47 am »
*Yiski nods in agreement.*
Makes sense. But just in case...

*Yiski checks his rifle's ammo and chambers a round.*
Also, give me a second.

*Yiski heads to his rooms. A few minutes of shuffling and Yiski returns with a box. Roland inquires.*
What is it?

A box.

I know that, but what is inside?

Right now, nothing you need to worry about. This is a 'should a certain event happen open the box' box.

Is this the event to open the box?

Nope.

*Roland sighed and the group rolled their eyes. Soon the group was moving toward the City Center.*

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: March 21, 2013, 12:38:13 pm »
*While out shopping for a new window (Apparently the other one "Accidentally" broke when he looked at it), Shink notices his group of friends heading off to who knows where*

"Hey Guys! Wait up! what's going on? you guys look like you're headed for a war"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: March 21, 2013, 01:15:36 pm »
*Jun'ko chuckles at Shinkurex and hands him the parchment with the seal on it.*

Long story short, we're headed to the Council Library to gather information on that symbol after dropping off these "friends" of ours. They thought they could catch us off guard but you now how that is. That seal is all we have to go on to find the responsible party.

*The group arrives at Oliver's. Zill wanders up to the door and knocks. Oliver answers, and sees the group.*

I swear Zill, if all of those people are going to be barging into my home.......

*Zill smirks.*

Its ok Oliver. Just have some "friends" who need to bunk in your basement tonight. Ill be dealing with them tomorrow.

*Oliver sees them.*

Same as before?

*Zill only nods. The group put the prisoners down in the basement and Oliver latches the door. He had heavily sedated them, and they would not be getting up till Oliver allowed them to. The group departs without a single broken item in the home. Shinkurex wasnt allowed in.*

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: March 21, 2013, 02:15:50 pm »
*A bit miffed that Oliver would not let him in his house, Shink spent the majority of the time examining the seal*

I wonder who would be stupid enough to attack Burning Skies again.... don't these people ever learn?

*Sees the group coming out. It was an uneventful trip to the library. The Group surrounds a rather nervous looking librarian*

Can...can I help you?

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: March 21, 2013, 02:48:57 pm »
*Yiski looks to the librarian.*
I was wondering if you had anything useful to help us determine what this seal means.

*Yiski shows the librarian the parchment seal. The librarian takes it and adjusted her glasses to examine it more.*
(OOC) Changing librarian color to blue. Orange is Roland.(OOC)
Hmm.... it's been awhile since I've seen this style of a seal. You'll be looking for "Pre-War Symbols and Meanings".

*The librarian leads the group to the the location of the book.*
Here it is. I hope this helps.

*As the librarian leaves, she turns around and says.*
And please keep the safety on your firearms.

*Roland, the only unarmed person of the group, responds.*
We will make sure there are no accidental misfires.

*He opens the book and starts flipping through the pages.*
Yiski, I think this matches the seal perfectly.

*Roland was right. Yiski then started reading the description of the symbol.*
This symbol represents a pre-war organization called the Birdmen for the bird-like masks their members wore. Well no shit. The goal of the Birdmen was to unite the world into a single world order. The group was originally organized in what is today the Yesha Empire. During the great war, the Birdmen suffered a massive loss against the first Yeshan Emperor. Since their defeat, the Birdmen were either considered dissolved, or underground. Well, it's clearly the latter.

*Yiski stops reading and looks at everybody.*
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 02:52:07 pm by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: March 21, 2013, 03:11:35 pm »
*Zill flips through the pages more, frustrated.*

Thats it??? Looks like I'll be motivating the rest out of our "friends."

*He turns to Yiski.*

Yiski, I was thinking about how the interrogation would go, and felt your WWA and WSW would help me out. Mind making a barrel of each for me for tomorrow?

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: March 21, 2013, 03:27:31 pm »
*Yiski laughs*
You need a barrel? Zill, I have barrels of White Steam and Wild Wind. Once we find a new place to set up shop, we'll go grab a few barrels.

*Roland was standing when a slight wince of pain hit his side. He rubbed it, but not before Ny-Lee caught it. She cringed. He smiled and kissed her on the cheek.*
I am fine. It is only a little sore.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: March 21, 2013, 03:54:24 pm »
*Zill smirks at Yiski.*

As long as I have it there i'll be happy. I need to pay the Council a visit. Since we've pretty much exhausted the resources here, we may as well head over.

*The group departs the library. Not one gun went off, much to the librarian's relief. They make their way through the busy streets and onto the Council Hall stairs. Only Zill was allowed into the Chambers, and he wasn't about to agitate the Council with so many other things in play. He approached the high court and kept his resolve.*

Greetings My Council.

(1-9) Greetings Admiral.

(1) To what do we owe this appearance?

It has come to my attention that you have interests in our latest happenings. Why would Elite's come so far from the City Center to apprehend a prisoner that was safely under my lock and key?

(4) It was the will of the Council to have this man interrogated within the confines of the Hall. We have reason to suspect they are of a group with dire plans.

(7) However, Citizen Yiski has once again defied this Council.

Allow me to sincerely apologize for that moment. It was right after a fight in which we could of easily been killed. He acted on the present circumstances.

(2) Very well. We trust you have these prisoners in a safe location?

Indeed. They will be interrogated on the 'morrow.

( 8 ) From the direction of the argument, you wish to carry out this yourself. Do be warned that if our suspicions are correct, it will not be an easy undertaking.

With all due respect Council, you have made the past years a, as you say, not so easy undertaking for myself.

*The Council remains silent for a moment.*

(1) Very well. This task is to supersede all other tasks. As much as we need you in the North, it can wait for this. Do your City proud, Admiral.

To Clear Skies.

*Zill comes out to the steps and Jun'ko greets him with a hug which is both well recieved and painful. He grunts.*

Oh my gosh, Im sorry!

After the pain of dealing with them, its a welcome thing Jun.

*He addresses the group of the happenings, and that he now has control of the situation.*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: March 21, 2013, 05:05:04 pm »
*Yiski grimaced when Zill first suggested to talk to the Council. When Zill got back, Yiski just gave a deadpanned expression. The Council and Yiski were never level. Some of Yiski's animosity originates from the line of decisions involving Micheal's death and the lack of action against the raider group. Another portion of animosity came from the Council's decisions involving regulations which Yiski believed burdened the middle and lower income citizens. Majority came from the fact the Council only acted if it benefited them.*
Can't believe we need 'permission' from the Council to do this. I think we'd be better off just finding the Birdmen and ending them.

Yiski, I understand your anger toward the Council because of how they dealt with my father's death, but they do have access to resources we simple do not have.

*Yiski snapped at Roland.*
It's just not that! The bloody Council only gets involved when there's something at risk for them too.

*Yiski immediately regrets yelling at Roland.*
Sorry, Roland. Didn't mean to go off on you.

I know your anger is not directed at me. Admiral Zill, since we have Council approval, have they given us a place to operate as a base?

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #899 on: March 21, 2013, 05:45:18 pm »
*Papa walked and put his metallic arms around Roland and Yiski*

"Probably not, the stingy bastards... if only we knew someone who was obscenely rich and had ridiculous amount of resources at his disposal.Oh wait! I just described myself, why don't you give me a list, I could have a base of operations up and running by tomorrow."