Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1190468 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #870 on: March 20, 2013, 03:52:34 pm »
*Watching the ship disappear into the sunset, Zill turns to Yiski.*

Well, that could have gone better. Im not chasing that fool. No telling how many feathered friends he has over the horizon. Our best bet is these three, and some digging at the Council Library for this seal. If it is indeed an old Mercantile seal, Anvala should have some kind of information on it.

They have proven they will not stop until we are distracted from their goals, so let them come to us. Unless these stooges give me hard info, we're flying blind in tar right now.

I also need to pay the Council a visit soon. The fact they tried to take our new "friend" has me curious.

Bdr and Ny need to stay at the Saloon. Its proven to be the safest place in case of an attack. We cant always be at their home. And since they seem to dislike public attention, we will be safer during normal hours.

The rest need to be on guard. He knows our faces.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:13:08 pm by N-Sunderland »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: March 20, 2013, 03:58:06 pm »
*Yiski shakes his head in disappointment and turns to Zill.*
You got a point. Only issue is the saloon is in shambles. I need to make a damage report and get everything fixed.

*As the group is walking back to the saloon*
I'll go talk to the building foreman again. I'll have him completely remodel the saloon to make it more sturdy to assault. Thank the skies I still have that money.

*Yiski to BdrLine*
How long do you think it'll take you to make another radio and get a message to the Empire?

*Yiski to Roland and Ny-Lee*
I'll need the two of you to clean up as much of the saloon as you can.

Of course.

*Yiski breaks from the group to go visit the foreman.*
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 04:00:17 pm by Yiski »

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: March 20, 2013, 04:10:11 pm »
*BdrLine to Yiski before he leaves*
I can pick up one back at my warehouse, but i need someone to go with me. There is a small projesct that i've been working on that can be useful to Ny and I.

*To Jun'ko*
Jun you think you can come with me to get the equipment?

*Ny-Lee to Roland as they clean up the saloon*
So hows the wound holding up?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: March 20, 2013, 04:42:06 pm »
*Zill grips at his chest and addresses the group in the Saloon*

I think im going to use the spare room for a spell. Those rifle shots did more to me than I thought they would. Make sure Yiski knows im up there.

*Jun'ko looks to Bdr.*

I would but i want to make sure Zill is ok. If you tell Zill's regular dockmen that you need help they will without question. Take this in case they dont believe you.

*She hands him a parchment with notes for the men.*

(OOC: Im going to a dinner and wont be able to RP obviously so im giving characters a way to relax, lol. Sorry Bdr youll have to RP a dockman.)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: March 20, 2013, 04:47:24 pm »
--Saloon--

*Roland realized Ny-Lee noticed he winced each time he would turn his torso. Though the bullet only grazed him, it was deep enough to cause a lot of pain. He tried to force a smile*
The wound is fine. It just hurts a little bit when I rotate my body.

*Roland turns away to avoid Ny-Lee seeing him in to much pain. Consequently, his turn caused him a sharp pain which automatically drew his hand to his side. After the pain subsided and he stopped gripping his side, Roland noticed there was blood on his hands and a new stain of blood on his shirt. Roland sat down for a moment.*
On second thought dear, could you bring the first aid kit again?

--Building Foreman's HQ--

*Yiski waits for the foreman to greet him.*
I heard the saloon got attacked today. Glad to see you're alright friend.

Yeah, but more importantly I need you to remodel the inside of the saloon. You think your guys can get it done tomorrow?

Hmm... yeah it shouldn't be a problem. Any requests on how you want it done?

Yeah, make the wall separating the front and back of the saloon and the counter bullet-proof.

Consider it done.

*The two shook hands and Yiski left for the saloon.*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: March 20, 2013, 05:11:55 pm »
*BdrLine to Jun'ko*
Well alright and thanks for note

*As BdrLine leaves, he grabs one of the rifles that were gathered up from the mercenaries off a wall*

--Docks--
*As BdrLine enters the docks, he spots one of Zill's dockworkers*
*He calls out to him*
Hey you work for Zill's docks right? You think you can help me out?

*The dockworker stops and turns to who was calling him, notices it was BdrLine and goes up to him*
I would , but i got orders to help move supplies around.

*BdrLine remembers the note that Jun'ko gave he and takes it out*
Wait hold on, i got something here from Zill. Should help clear things up around here.

*The dockworker takes the note from him and reads it, satisfied with the new orders, he calls to another dock worker*
Here take this note and pass it along to the rest of the guys. Got it?

On it
*He takes the note and goes to many different people*

Well it looks like i open to help, so what do you need?

Well follow me to my warehouse, i just need to get a radio and a small package

Wait the one that exploded yesterday?*a concern look comes upon his face*

Don't worry its going to be quick, we just going in and get out the stuff we need alright?

Well... if you say so.

*BdrLine and dock worker heads to his warehouse to retrieve the radio*
*Once there, BdrLine takes out a cart and both he and the dockworker lifts it onto the cart*
*Once loaded, BdrLine goes to the back and comes back with a box with cloth over it*

*BdrLine to the worker*
Thats should do it, come we need this at the Burning Skies. Once we drop this off, your free to go.

*BdrLine and the worker, pushes the cart and heads towards the saloon*

--Saloon--
*Ny-Lee sees the new blood and quickly heads to get the medical kit again*
*Once she gots it, she returns to Roland and applies new bandages on the wound*

*She finishes by tightening a peice of cloth around his waist*
There i think that should stop the bleeding. Roland i think you should rest a bit, i can handle putting this place back together

*She leaves Roland on the chair and resumes cleaning again*

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #876 on: March 20, 2013, 05:54:21 pm »
*He pulled out a note book and sketched the seal*

While wondering the alleys he found a group of street urchins, he tossed one some goal and said

"Make sure this gets to Jen and John at Dandy Lion Headquarters, tell them I want them to search ledgers, and all the DLTC docks, I want to know everything about their origins and who the are... Tell them Papa sent you."

*Returning to Yiski*

"I've got Jen and John looking everywhere, no one docks, trades, or shits in this city without me knowing."

--DLTC--

Jen and John recieve the note, assemble a small team and begin searching everwhere, questions were going through the chain of command from dock managers to captains to crew.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 05:56:30 pm by PapaParadox »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: March 20, 2013, 07:54:45 pm »
--Saloon--

*Yiski arrives back at the saloon as the afternoon is giving away to the evening. The saloon is clean with the exception of the few stray metal fragments. Yiski sees Roland lying on the couch.*
Well, I'm glad the couch survived. How you holdin' up Roland?

My wound reopened earlier and I have been resting for a few hours.

*Yiski takes a look around the saloon and sees BdrLine missing.*
We're missing one.

Well, BdrLineAzn went to the warehouse to get a spare radio.

*Yiski raised an eyebrow*
BdrLine's alone? After everything that happened, he's alone?

He has his rifle.

Fair enough.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 07:57:11 pm by Yiski »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: March 20, 2013, 08:06:46 pm »
*Jun'ko comes downstairs.*

Hey Yiski. I take it the Foreman visit went well? Also what do you make of these?

*She hands him the bullets from Zill's armor.*

They look specially made. Thought since we dont know much every little bit counts. Any thoughts from a competent gunner?

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: March 20, 2013, 08:54:46 pm »
*BdrLine and the dock hand arrives to the saloon with the spare radio*

Don't worry all, im fine. Nothing out of the ordinary happened when i was getting the things.

*To Yiski*
I'm going to set it up in the back where the other one is.

*Before he and the worker heads to set the radio up, Bdr points to the box he brought with him to his sister*
Ny i think you want to check what i made out. Its going to come in handy in some hand to hand fights, plus you might like it as well.

*Ny, curious to what her brother brought, goes to the box with the cloth over it*
*Once she removes it, she gasp to what she saw*
*She reaches in and takes out what looks like a leather forearm guard, but underneath the guard holds a thin mechanism*
*Ny-Lee slides it onto her right arm, and clenches her fist*
*Next thing that happens, a blade extends from the bottom mechanism*
*She clenches her fist again and it retracts*

*Moments later, BdrLine and the worker comes out of the back room*
There all set up, now i can finally call some of my people to get to the bottom of this.

*He thanks the worker and sends him on his way*

*Bdr then sees Ny-Lee with his contraption*
So... how do you like it? *he says grinning*

Azn, how did you make this ? No one has been able to recreate this, even with the pre-world schematics that is found in the Library.

Well no one has met me yet. I found those schematics a couple of years back before i left, and it has been on my mind ever since. This was one of my many projects that i knew i had to finish. And im glad that i did. It just took me a few trial and errors, but i finally got a few working models, all in that box

Thank you, i dont really know what else to say

No need, now that family and our lives are at stake, we are gonna need them

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: March 20, 2013, 08:56:46 pm »
*Yiski to BdrLine*
Yeah, go ahead and set up shop in the back.

*Yiski takes the mangled bullets from Jun'ko and take them over to the partially shot up workbench. Yiski inspects the bullet for a few moments.*
Bullet's too mangled to get any details. Hmm... give me a minute.

*Yiski walks over to the items looted of the mercenaries and grabs one of their rifles. Yiski unloads the clip and takes the fresh bullets back to his workbench. He grabs a few tools and separates the bullet from its casings. Yiski mumbles to himself.*
Mixed-grain powder, standard primer, bullet is a basic ally with lots of impurities.

*More minutes and mumbling go by before Yiski is done with his inspection and walks back to the others.*
Well, the good news is who ever the Birdmen are using as their gunsmith to make their bullets is absolute shit. Materials used are substandard at best. Even if this round were to hit something, if the object has half-decent armor, the round won't pierce.

*Yiski looks at Jun'ko*
Tell Zill he's lucky, if I had been the one to make these, he'd be a dead friend.

What is the bad news Yiski?

*Yiski scratches the back of his head.*
The bad news. Their gunsmith's bullet designs are oddly similar to mine. These rounds are like my modified standard for Blood Bolt, but the caliber is reduced to operate with any standard rifle.

(OCC) For reference, the recoilless rifle my thought model is based on is the type used in the game Company of Heroes. (OCC)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2013, 09:02:34 pm by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #881 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:28 pm »
*Papa pours himself and Yiski a drink*

"To the incompetency of lesser gunsmiths!"

*Papas silver 'hand' retracts into his metallic forearm, revealing a very large dagger in its place.*

"Thanks Bdr, but I already got me one of them."

*Looking at Jun'ko*

"Where's sleeping beauty?"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: March 20, 2013, 09:39:54 pm »
*Jun'ko goes upstairs to check on Zill. Shortly after, she comes back down.*

He denies being in harms way. I swear hes too stubborn.....Heavy bruising on his chest. Pretty sure the ribs are too. He's sleeping now for a bit. Could i get some Sake?

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: March 20, 2013, 09:55:17 pm »
*As Bdr sees that mostly everyone is calming down a bit, he gets up from where he is at and heads to the back room*
If anyone needs me, i'll be coordinating with my contacts to help expand this search

*He goes into the back and sits in front of the radio and dials in a frequency*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: March 20, 2013, 11:23:43 pm »
*Yiski takes stock of everyone's emotions.*
BdrLine and Ny-Lee are probably high strung, especially for Ny since Roland got hurt. Zill's took a stupid risk and Jun'ko paying for it. Roland's got to be tense after gettin' hit. I'm not hurt, but my saloon is heavily damaged. And Paradox, hell, give him people to shoot at and he's happy.

*Yiski tries to make himself a No.3, only to realize it's run dry.*
Damn today's not my day.

*Yiski settles on a Clear Skies and attempts to figure out what their next move should be.*
Now that the Birdmen know who we are, they're goin' to keep sendin' mercs until we're all dead. It'd be impossible to just defend and I hate just defendin'. And if we go after them, we'd all have to go. Can't risk leavin' anyone behind to become a target. Bloody skies, this is makin' my head hurt.

*Yiski yells in the direction of the back room*
BdrLine! You make contact yet? I want to know what the hell is goin' on.