Author Topic: Level inflation and "noob problem"  (Read 82741 times)

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
Re: Level inflation and "noob problem"
« Reply #75 on: April 05, 2015, 03:03:44 pm »
Maybe that's the good thing actually... people not being so tuned to making achievements at all, but playing the damn game instead.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 05, 2015, 03:07:28 pm »
not a bad idea at all, i just think that if the game has achievements id want something out of it, Thing is, the old lvling system could be easily exploited, noob could just grab a couple friends, start a private match, and have a grindfest

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #77 on: April 05, 2015, 03:10:36 pm »
even if its just unlocking concept art, its a nice touch. i never played the 360. i dont deny that they can be fun to do, but there are some people who wont bother with them without incentive

then they wont do them.

they wouldnt be effecting the level economy so.... who cares? What I'm suggesting is that achieves effects your title. 100% all pilot achieves=you earn pilot elite title.

if you dont care what ur title is... then dont bother with it.

Offline Carn

• Salutes: 63
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 05, 2015, 03:15:28 pm »
thats something that i can respect, it makes sense as it does require skill to get those higher achievments

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 05, 2015, 03:17:34 pm »
As it did looong time ago as it seems now.

Offline Hoja Lateralus

• Salutes: 135
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 05, 2015, 07:56:50 pm »
Achievements giving 'only' titles is a pretty good idea actually. Also the badges reward could be moved from leveling to achievements. Sadly I think both of those will seem too much of a change for Muse.

If we're at it - badges for matches played, please? For 500, 1000 and perhaps 1500/2000 matches?

For example yesterday I saw a guy with the exact levels as I (30-30-29), and he had... 500 matches played.
And he sucked.

Schwalbe, you just counted your own levels.

I have +400 matches and almost 2 months of game experience, I don't do achievements and play 60% pub 40% clan

In 3 months since my profile creation, I will be 40ish as Engineer. If I went for achievements I would be already there. This is not normal.

I played novice games with players that are still in my friend list and they have surpassed me, netting more than 30 levels on all three classes in less that 400 games.

I played gunner three times, on a hwacha once and carronate twice and yet I am level 7. This is not normal.

Ask me to fly anything other than my beloved junker and I will be mediocre at best. Yet, level 22 something. Still have to use some tools for the first time. Most of my experience is indirect (youtube and streaming) and I rely mostly on the skills of the crew rather than timing and positioning. Yet in another month I could be easily 40ish as a Pilot too. This is not normal.

I don't want to win levels easily, I don't even want levels if it must be this travesty.

So much this!
[GLaDOS voice]: Burning people! He said what we're all thinking!

Another idea would be for achievements to unlock some cosmetics that aren't availible in any other way (that means also 'no shop'!) but GOIO lacks content even to reward people with something every level, not to speak about some other stuff. I mean, make like 9 extra costumes - 3 for every class for one 'step' of achievements (achievements of old lvl5, lvl10 and lvl15).

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2015, 08:57:43 pm »

For example yesterday I saw a guy with the exact levels as I (30-30-29), and he had... 500 matches played.
And he sucked.

#REKT

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #82 on: April 05, 2015, 11:31:42 pm »
Achievements giving 'only' titles is a pretty good idea actually. Also the badges reward could be moved from leveling to achievements. Sadly I think both of those will seem too much of a change for Muse.

If we're at it - badges for matches played, please? For 500, 1000 and perhaps 1500/2000 matches?

And he sucked.

I have +400 matches and almost 2 months of game experience, I don't do achievements and play 60% pub 40% clan

In 3 months since my profile creation, I will be 40ish as Engineer. If I went for achievements I would be already there. This is not normal.

I played novice games with players that are still in my friend list and they have surpassed me, netting more than 30 levels on all three classes in less that 400 games.

I played gunner three times, on a hwacha once and carronate twice and yet I am level 7. This is not normal.

Ask me to fly anything other than my beloved junker and I will be mediocre at best. Yet, level 22 something. Still have to use some tools for the first time. Most of my experience is indirect (youtube and streaming) and I rely mostly on the skills of the crew rather than timing and positioning. Yet in another month I could be easily 40ish as a Pilot too. This is not normal.

I don't want to win levels easily, I don't even want levels if it must be this travesty.

So much this!
[GLaDOS voice]: Burning people! He said what we're all thinking!

Another idea would be for achievements to unlock some cosmetics that aren't availible in any other way (that means also 'no shop'!) but GOIO lacks content even to reward people with something every level, not to speak about some other stuff. I mean, make like 9 extra costumes - 3 for every class for one 'step' of achievements (achievements of old lvl5, lvl10 and lvl15).

well get to work workshop slave.

as for the title thing...

well they're willing to do some stupid drastic change like stamina (as well as the lvling system overhaul in the first place). they can afford to do this lvling system tweak.

if enough people are spamming them with the suggestion. they have to listen surely.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 11:35:20 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Hilary Briss

• Salutes: 22
    • [DAGZ]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 06, 2015, 11:57:45 am »
During my observation of clan members, allies and public lobbies. Can honestly say "Achievements can & do make people selfish."

Achievements we were told do not help you level up faster...... This was mentioned in a Dev chat. Well they said that they do not help you level up that they gave a small Xp bouns. However when you get 10k per chieve V 1k per win what do you expect players to do. Achieves are still the Bonus DLC that most players want to XP up Can understand a player going after the Top Tier 1 Achieves when you have only those things to do.

"Achievements should be removed altogether when it comes to XP."

Better rewards can be had. These ideas have been mentioned above. Anything bar XP would be a good move for Achievements progression. Achievements are part of the journey a Reward in themselves Would you give 2 bonuses in a real time business? No it would cost too much in lost revenue. So why Gorge them on XP too? The Achievements are what keep many people playing in most games.

If that business model does not work in Guns then remove it.

Typed that damn word achievement out far too many time for my taste.

Just my thoughts

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 06, 2015, 01:39:15 pm »
What if achievements were hidden. But the names hint torwards how to get it? Or would that encourage exploring achievements more so than ever...

mhh...

Offline Schwalbe

• [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 06, 2015, 01:50:31 pm »
What if achievements were hidden. But the names hint torwards how to get it? Or would that encourage exploring achievements more so than ever...

mhh...

Imagine making a white-whaler. Nope. It's very difficult to make it normally, now hide it... And not everyone must get the Moby-Dick reference. I for example have never read that book, nor had to.

I'd say - making an achievement gives you 500 EXP. Or less. So winning is more or less more desireable. On the other hand - it may increase the number of ragequitters... Not sure. But still, guess it's better than hiding achieves.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 01:56:06 pm by Schwalbe »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #86 on: April 06, 2015, 02:18:26 pm »

mhh...

besides the point as it doesnt solve the problem at hand.

achieves give too much exp. that needs to be top priority in getting rid of.

Achieve hunters will achieve hunt. others wont.

But if you make it central to the lvling system? EVERYONE WILL.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 02:20:09 pm by Maximillian Jazzhand »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
« Reply #87 on: April 06, 2015, 05:35:16 pm »
got a reply from keyvias today.

There are some title changes in the works, they'll probably be in the game pretty soon!

Just that short reply. I don't think he quite understand how awesome an idea this is. Because he missed the entire point of the idea.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 06, 2015, 05:38:17 pm »
But what if he does not want to spoil any surprises? Also, they are bound to get a ton of feedback emails everyday, so he may not have had time for too long of a reply.

Offline Koali

• Salutes: 56
    • [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 06, 2015, 05:40:06 pm »
got a reply from keyvias today.

There are some title changes in the works, they'll probably be in the game pretty soon!

Just that short reply. I don't think he quite understand how awesome an idea this is. Because he missed the entire point of the idea.

Soooo...

Except with "him" instead of "you?"