Hi everyone, the new Update is now live! Here are the release notes for the new update!
– Screenshot Contest:
Start sending your favorite screenshots to email@example.com with the title “Screenshot Contest.” The best screenshot gets any item of their choice! Winners will be announced at the end of March!
– Guns of Icarus Seasonal
An amazing new event is starting up and we need all great crews to show up and try to win free items, both digital and physical! https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,5667.0.html
– Minotaur Heavy Cannon: New support heavy weapon that knocks back enemy ships! Use to help your friendly airships keeps enemy airships out of gun arc or to prevent rams. Has arming time, Primary Damage is piercing, Secondary AoE is shatter. Fires like a Carronade where each ‘buckshot’ causes knockback. Knockback is equally distributed across both Primary and Secondary damages. The farther from a ship’s center of mass you shoot, the more ‘spin’ you will add to that ship.
– Workshop support for voice commands
– Game Grumps RubberNinja Voice Packs in game store.
Ross has lent his amazing voice talent to record 2 sets of voice commands (varied by how much they stay on script :D) for us. They are available through the in game store. All proceeds from the sales of the voices will go to Child’s Play, Ross’s designated charity.
– New Workshop items (Only a subset of new Workshop items that people submitted are presently integrated into the game due to a 1-2 weeks delay in Steam’s creator revenue sharing feature. Once Steam’s feature is ready, we’ll be able to patch those items in, add them to our store, and start revenue sharing with item creators.)
– Storm Ryder (Decal) by ¬°GeoRmr
– Flying Hare (Decal) by Rookster
– Gears of War (Decal) by Herr_Razor
– Holy Sun (Decal) by Skargil
– Ramming Speed (Decal) by A_Harmless_Fly
– Triple Horn (Decal) by SassyKat
– Gold and Sheepskin Goggles (Goggles) by AIB (aka AnInnocentbaby)
– Winged Panama (Headwear) by Il Mostro
– Wooden Moustache (Goggles) by Mr. Lambert
See the rest of the new features, balance, and fixes after the jump!
– Capture Point Mechanic Redesign
With the new capture point design, capture and de-capturing are based now on superiority of ship numbers at the capture point. Once a team has more ships at the point than the enemy ship, the team can start capturing or de-capturing. Teams no longer have to wait to root out the enemy team completely. Also, each ship kills is now awarded 20pts toward the goal as well. With the change, capture point maps should be more fluid and dynamic.
State why player’s name is refused at registration and rename
Remove bubble help when hovered by mouse cursor
– Search for friend list
– Confirmation for “Abandon Match”
– Updated Gunner Tutorial (Banshee)
– Show matches with your clanmates in Friend’s match list.
– Music: changed drums conditions; they no longer trigger based solely on enemy proximity.
– Drums trigger when you are spotted or spot enemies, and intensify when spotted enemies are near
– Drums trigger and intensify with the amount of damage your ship has taken
– Drums trigger when your ship is firing and intensify if your ship is hitting an enemy
– Music: Spectators now hear combat music
– Drums trigger based on spot status and health of all ships in the match
– Melody triggers on any ship kill
– Humbly added a shortcut for players to review the game for us.
– Spire: Hull Health increased to 950 (from 750), Forward Acceleration increased to 4.5m/s2 (from 3), Top Forward Speed increased to 28m/s (from 26)
– Squid: Hull Health increased to 950 (from 850), Forward Acceleration increased to 6.65m/s2 (from 5.5), Weight decreased to 95000 tonnes (from 115000, affects acceleration)
– Pyramidion: Hull Health decreased to 550 (from 700), Forward Acceleration decreased to 2.25m/s2 (from 2.5)
– Labyrinth: Objective reduced 450 (from 600)
– King of Flayed Hill: Objective reduced to 550 (from 660)
– Anglean Raiders: Objective reduced to 450 (from 550)
– Desert Scrap: Objective reduced to 400 (from 600)
– Raid of the Refinery: Objective reduced to 450 (from 600)
– Fixed harpoon reload visual issue when distant
– Fixed issue of shadows skipping or have unsynchronized animations
– Joystick bindings menu is called “Keybindings”
– Fixed issue of not able to cancel when creating/editing event
– Artemis reload animation issue Fixed
– Fixed a case where the Artemis and Banshee projectiles sometimes had the same explosion
– Added missing UI click sounds
– Removed unused ‘Minimap’ binding from Spectator section of keybindings’
– Fixed issue of join advanced games text slightly too large.
– Fixed issue of tutorial achievements are not being displayed in UI.
– Fixed bug with playtime pie graph for players with playtime in only one class
– Fixed issue of matchmaker not putting the player in the lobby
– Fixed: deploy button not working if timer was allowed to expire
– Fixed: Novice Graduation achievement needs adjustment
– Fixed: Badge info in stats panel is off
– Fixed: Recommended loadout UI is shown when inspecting someone’s ship
– Fixed: UI breaks if getting recommended loadout while being in the options menu
– Fixed: While in character select screen you do not hear the starting drums
– Fixed falling sound at the end of match as spectator
– Social/notification tab now closes when entering the Custom Game screen
– Fixed “Unknown” voice
– Fixed text positioning issue for the achievement “Doom and Gloom” and “Role Models”
– Fixed model scale for Paritan maps
– Fixed: can’t switch to regular ammo from a spec ammo you don’t have
– Fixed a bug that could cause the chat scrollbar to remain visible after closing chat
– Fixed: non themed ship objects intersecting with ship theme objects
– Fixed: Wrong loadout is shown/not saving when a novice unlocks their ship load out
– Fixed: No victory/defeat music at match end screen
– Fixed: Sometimes there is no music during match
– Fixed resolution issue in workshop tool
– Fixed: Spam protection timer doesn’t change if chat UI is not visible
– Fixed: Pop-up for the main menu chat draws below other UI elements, obscuring some options
– Fixed typo in Hydrogen Canister’s tooltip
– Fixed typo in Wilson’s notes (Harpoon)