Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1147685 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1965 on: June 11, 2013, 07:12:26 pm »
Zill pats Sky on the back and rushes over to flank the mercenaries.
Zill
"Cover me Sky, I have something for em."

Sky starts to lay down some suppressing fire, and Zill lights two minis from his belt. He times it, and chucks them over their cover. They explode taking out four targets with the shrapnel and tossing tar over all of them. He smirks as he takes cover and more fire starts up at his location.

Meanwhile, Jun'ko recognized the bombs and quickly dashed to the opposite side of the building, moving around to flank the gunmen. She peeked around the corner, and then flipped a knife into one's back. He started screaming in pain from the poison, and running into oncoming fire. Yiski finished him off.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: June 11, 2013, 07:22:39 pm »
The Wyrm realised that he was surrounded and couldn't win. But he still had a trick up his sleeve. He took, from his coat, a flare and threw it into the air, while also dropping a smoke pellet. The smoke concealed him in the midst of battle while a call could be heard from within.

Wyrm
"BRING IN THE WYVERN!"

From over the buildings came the sight of a Galleon, soaring over the buildings and positioning its guns. The crew on board let down a rope from which the Wyrm grabbed hold of and was pulled up. The Wyvern fired a Flak shot at the ground where he was to cover him, while the Wyrm gave a one-handed salute to the remaining ground forces while being pulled up.

Wyrm
"This isn't the last you've seen if the Wyrm! Give my good wishes to whomever the woman was who got nearly blown up!"

And with that, the Wyvern pulled away to the north, out if sight.

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #1967 on: June 11, 2013, 07:34:06 pm »
---DLTC HQ---

Jen walked into Paradox's office, he had his feet up and was smoking a cigar.

Jen: "Did you hea..."

Papa: "Of course I heard it."

Jen: "Do you plan on doing anything?"

Papa: "Maybe, haven't decided yet."

Jen: "Well, the gunsmith's here, do you want to see him?"

Papa: "Send him in."

An old gentleman walked in holding a medium sized box, Papa cleared his desk and the old man placed it down. He unlatched the beautiful wooden box, and revealed the silk covered weapon. It was an ornate short side-by-side shotgun, gold accented the carbon steel, the hilt was ebony and had Ivory plates on either side of the stock, the entire weapon was meticulously etched with intricate designs. Few things could take Papa's breath away, but he sat there jaw open, enthralled by the piece of art.

Papa: "What do you call it, Ferdinand?"

Ferdinand: "Calliope, sir. One of the old Muses."

Papa: "Positively beautiful, another absolute work of art, she will whisper and sing to my enemies."

Papa picked up the holster that came with it, attached it to his belt, he opened the breech of the shotgun and loaded two slugs into the chamber, he then snapped it to attention and holstered it.

"I'm gonna go for a walk..." Paradox said as he put on his top hat and headed for the door.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: June 11, 2013, 08:02:13 pm »
--Anvala--

The batteries opened fire on the galleon as it cleared beyond the walls. A couple of good light flak shots landed. Heavy flaks did minimal damage due to the arming time constraints.

Yiski stood and waited for a defender to approach him.

Yiski
"How many?"

Defender
"There were at least fifty. We managed to eliminate fifteen before their escape. No casualties on our end."

Yiski
"Good. Send word to northern infantry recon to be on the lookout for a fairly banged up galleon."

Defender
"On it Commander."

Yiski turned and faced the others.

Yiski
"So... we're assumin' this is linked to me somehow?"

A general nod was made in the affirmative. Yiski grinned.

Yiski
"Anyone up for a chase?"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: June 11, 2013, 08:16:35 pm »
As the dust settles around the area, everyone met around Yiski as medics arrive to check for injuries. As a medic is looking over Althea, BdrLine moves towards her.

BdrLine
"Hey, you alright?"

Althea
"I'm fine just a few small scratches. You?"

BdrLine
"Oh just another battle to add to my list, but I'm okay as well. Some first date again huh?"

Althea just smiles at him.

Althea
"You know, we haven't had lunch at all today."

Picking up her change of tone, he looks up to her and smiles as well.

BdrLine
"Well I think all the restaurants are closed at the moment. Something about an emergency lockdown, but I know a special place at the Academy."

Althea
"Oh you do, do you."

BdrLine
"Yeah it's called Cafe de la Mess Hall."

He lends out a hand to her, which she accepts. BdrLine lifts her up and they go towards the mess. On they way, they didn't hear Yiski about the new adventure.

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: June 11, 2013, 08:28:09 pm »
Sky managed to find Yiski, he heard almost everything Yiski had said.

Sky
"Haven't been on a chase in awhile, I'll up for a good flight."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: June 11, 2013, 10:27:28 pm »
--Academy--

Before Yiski had a chance to get any particulars of the chase, an Elite approaches Yiski.

Yiski
"Burnin' skies what do you want?"

Elites
"Orders from the Council. No further action is to be taken."

Yiski
"What? Why? We can easily take them out with the spots given by the northern recon."

Elite
"I'm sorry Commander, but the order stand and you are to abide by it."

The Elite left, leaving Yiski pissed.

Yiski
"Well flak, there goes the fun."

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #1972 on: June 11, 2013, 11:32:28 pm »
Paradox strolls up to Yiski, he was watching everyone run around like chickens with their heads cut off.

"Need any help, boyo?"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: June 11, 2013, 11:41:51 pm »
-Outside the Armory-

Seeing the action dieing down, Zill took a long drag from his cigar and sat down on a bench. Jun'ko came over to him and sat next to him, leaning on him.
Jun'ko
"New habit?"

Zill
"Old habit. Hope you don't mind."

Jun'ko
"I think I'll be ok. Miss me?"

Zill
"Curious where you went, actually. Care to share?"

Jun'ko's head sank and her eyes got shifty. She looked up at Zill and confessed.
Jun'ko
"Your pyramidion."

Zill
"Tomorrow."

Satisfied with that, they sat there on the bench.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: June 12, 2013, 02:01:25 am »
--Narrator--

As a clean-up crew was sent in to cover up the mess after the skirmish, everyone in the group went their separate ways for the evening. Yiski, still thinking about Lauren, limp al the way back to the Infirmary where the doctors showed him to her room again.

Doctor
"Glad you are back Commander."

Yiski goes past the doctor and towards the seat nest to the bed.

Yiski
"So how is she?"

Doctor
"The Lieutenant will be fine, we gave her some pain relievers in her IV bag. She'll be awake in the morning."

Yiski just nods and the doctor takes it as his cue to leave. Meanwhile with Zill and Jun'ko, they both watch the day on while sitting on their bench. Eventually the two of them leave back towards their room in the Academy, as they ready themselves for bed, Zill dreams again of the night back in Sylka with Kyle.

For our two refuges brothers, Nidhogg and Tristan stay in Zill's apartment.

As of Skyraider and Paradox, Sky goes back to his warehouse and continue on his plane, whereas Papa P goes on his way still adorning his new weapon.

Finally for our two new love birds, after the battle, both BdrLine and Althea goes over to the Academy's Mess Hall for dinner. Realizing that it is their first time being alone together, besides the fact of the many cadets in the room, the ensuing awkwardness is that of something. Both stare down at their food as they eat, glancing at one another from time to time. It was until both their eyes met that they look away from each other with red faces.

Regaining his composure, BdrLine looks back at her.

BdrLine
"So umm Althea, you shoot well to..day." Oh man i bet i sound stupid right now,'you shoot well toady?' she's an Elite for Gods sakes of course she knows how to shoot.

Althea
"Yeah part of my training as an Elite" Is this how dating suppose to be? He sounds a little tense right now. Wait, what do i say now?Oh man, I am soo not trained for this. "So ahh BdrLine.."

He interrupts her and says quickly while putting a hand behind his head nervously

BdrLine
"Oh you can call me Azn if you find my nickname to be weird. *weak* hehe"

Althea
"Oh no BdrLine its just fine its.... um yeah." Years of training and everything shuts down because i can't spend an evening with a man? I wonder how he feels right now.

She then looks away and bite her lips as she puts her hands on her elbows. The two sits in silence for a moment deep within their own thoughts.

BdrLine
Come on Bdr, you have been through alot, you can handle a simple date. Just stay calm.... Maybe I should tell her that she is my first official date? No I bet she had been on tons of dates befor, and me telling her maybe a put off.

Althea
What todo, what todo, come one Thea, this has been the first time you had a break from guarding, and you are spending with a guy who was brave enough to ask you out.

After more silence, the two makes eye contact again and quickly looks away.

Althea & BdrLine
"I think I've have to go."

They both stand together simultaneously which cause one of their glass to spill its contents over and on to the floor. Without noticing it, BdrLine takes his plate and slips on the puddle, letting go of his plate and the food flying over and landing on him. The racket caused everyone to look at the general direction of the noise and gasps to see the sight. Althea puts a hand over her mouth and goes over to helps BdrLine up. He looks up to see who is helping him and notuces it was Althea and goes red from embarrassment.

BdrLine
"sorry about this."

Althea
"Come on, lets take you back to your room."

The two leaves the Mess Hall and back towards the BdrLine's room near the machinist shop again. They walk in silence the for the most part with BdrLine and his head low, while Althea looks at him. As they arrive to his room, the two stands outside the door, twiddling their thumbs and looking out at different directions. After a brief silence, Althea was the first to speak.

Althea
"Interesting day huh?"

BdrLine
"Well to be honest, this is slmost like a regular day to me."

Althea
"oh"

BdrLine
"So i guess I'll see you around still, you guarding Yiski and all th..at"

Althea
"Yeah, well good night I suppose?"

BdrLine
"Yeah good night then'"

They stand awkwardly as how to leave.

BdrLine
"Well I see you then."

He turns from her and opens his door and moves inside, BdrLine closes the door but has his hand on the knob and the his back leaning on the frame. He listens for a moment and hears foot steps walking away.

BdrLine
Wait, what am I doing? I need to tell her why I'm like this. I may never have another chances again.

He opens the door again and calls out to Althea who has walked a few yards away.

BdrLine
"Althea wait."

She stops to hear who it was and sees BdrLine going to her.

Althea
"Shouldn't you be getting clean?"

BdrLine
"Wait, just wait. The reason on why I was acting like that earlier was that... *scratches neck* you are like my first official date. And I was nervous ad didn't know what to do. Also with you and the way you look, I assume you went on tons of dates before and thought i was some weirdo or something."

Althea
"Umm BdrLine, I'm quite the opposite, you see this was my first as well. I never have been on a date until now, all I've done was train. So I was a little nervous as well. And I don't think of you as a werido,nI think of you as brave as you are the only one who asked."

BdrLine
"So is there maybe more to come?"

Althea
*chuckles* "Maybe"

A cold breezes comes upon them and both BdrLine and Althea shivers from it.

BdrLine
"You know you can stay in my room tonight, I can be on the couch while you have the bed. Its too cold to go where you are headed."

Althea
"I acept your offer, on one condition."

BdrLine
"What?"

Althea
"Take a bath first" She points and chuckles at the food still on him.

BdrLine
"Oh hehe yeah, come on lets go."

The two then walks back to the BdrLine's room where, as to his word, spends the night on the couch.

End of Narration

-End of Day 118-

Offline Mattisamo

• Salutes: 12
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1975 on: June 12, 2013, 09:27:52 am »
---DOCKS---

In the midst of the night, the sound of engines can be heard throughout the darkness with the burning light of torches signaling an incoming airship towards the docks.

The ship, with it's hull and balloon painted in dark colors so that it blends in with the night sky, docks itself at a free spot, turning off it's engines and extinguishing the torches, effectively disappearing from sight unless you knew it was there, and goes quiet apart from the occasional chit-chat of the crew as they prepare her for the night, but soon that turns quiet too as they fall asleep.

What might this mysterious ship be, and why have they come?

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1976 on: June 12, 2013, 10:34:05 am »
--START OF DAY 119--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski spent the night at the infirmary sleeping in a chair next to Lauren's bed. While not completely comfortable, Yiski did get a decent amount of sleep. He probably got more sleep than usual because of the loss of his cast. It did start getting itchy again. He woke when he started to hear a little shifting and groan.

Lauren slowly opened her eyes. Not realizing where she was act, she bolted up and started yelling about the bomb. A nurse and doctor rushed in, but they saw Yiski sitting in bed with Lauren, embracing her.

Lauren
"Yiski? What happened? There was an..."

Yiski
"Take it easy now. Take a few breaths."

After Lauren calmed down, Yiski explained what happened yesterday afternoon. At the end, Lauren was relieved the situation wasn't directly about him. Yiski looked to the doctor.

Yiski
"Well, how soon can she leave?"

Doctor
"There were no complicating factors, so we can discharge her within the hour."

Lauren and Yiski were relieved. However, the doctor did take a glance at Yiski's left leg and noticed something, or lack thereof.

Doctor
"Where is your cast Commander?"

Yiski
"What cast?"

Doctor
"Commander, we reviewed your file. You had a cast placed."

Yiski
"It got in the way, so I got rid of it."

The doctor sighed and left. Moments later, he returned with a leg brace.

Doctor
"Wear this. It's not a cast, but I can't let you walk around without something giving support for you leg bone. Also, at least continue using the crutch."

Yiski
"Fine."

An hour passes and Lauren is cleared from the infirmary. As the two walk out, they're met by Althea.

Althea
"It is good to see you alright."

Lauren
"Thanks. So... how was your date with BdrLine?"

Althea
"Well... awkward... but pleasant."

Yiski
"In all honesty, I was hoping either he'd chicken out, or you'd shut him down."

Althea and Lauren both eyed Yiski.

Yiski
"What?"

Lauren sighed and shook her head. Looking back to Althea...

Lauren
"So, do you think you'll have another date with him?"

Althea
"While it was mostly enjoyable, I still have a duty to carry out and it come first above all other things."

Lauren
"Typical Elite mantra. ... Oh yeah, Yiski, what happened with the spy?"

Yiski
"He's in holdin' right now. I think Zill is going to spend a little more quality time with him."

--NARRATOR END--

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #1977 on: June 12, 2013, 01:29:44 pm »
--Zill's apartment--

Tristan and Nidhogg had noticed yesterday's conflict and, when glimpsing the Wyrm through the window, Nidhogg was simply confused, but questioned it not.
Today, they stayed indoors for a while discussing possible courses of action.

Nidhogg
"I don't understand, why would he attack the city guard in general?"

Tristan
"The Wyrm is known to be... missing a few cogs, if you see what I mean. He revels in violence and has little regard for any life that isn't his own. My guess, he just wanted to have fun, and any underling who questioned him would be told some lie to justify the actions. 'This was my real employment' etcetera."

Nidhogg
"Either way, he's suffered a major defeat, and won't be back for hopefully a long while."

After some discussion, they agreed that staying cooped up inside was not the best thing to do. So they went outside.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: June 12, 2013, 03:21:30 pm »
--Armory--

Lauren
"You really think it needs to be improved?"

Yiski
"Yes. It's been a while since I've done any major modifications."

Althea
"Your rifle is already considered the apex of weaponry."

Yiski
"Doesn't mean it's perfect."

Yiski had been doing some major overhaul on Blood Bolt. Sure, he's made advances in the utility, but only in the types of ammunition used. Yiski was looking to slim down the size the Blood Bolt. While he knew he would sacrifice some firepower, he would gain mobility, range, and accuracy. Lauren had some reservations on Yiski's recent spree of weapon making. This only occurred when some type of major battle was on the horizon. When Blood Bolt was made, a week passed before the start of the Baron-Guild Conflict.

Yiski
"I'll be here all day. You can head out if you want to Althea."

Althea
"After yesterday's incident, in addition to recent occurrences, I will be staying close.

Yiski
"Lauren, sure you don't want to rest a bit more?"

Lauren
"As I told you since we left the infirmary, I'm fine."

Yiski stopped tinkering and machining parts. He had both hands on the workbench as he sighed.

Yiski
"I... I know... It's just when I heard you were in the explosion... I didn't want to lose you again."

Lauren hugged Yiski from behind and rested her head against Yiski's shoulder.

Lauren
"I'm not going anywhere." *playful tone* "Don't think you can get rid of me that easily."

Yiski
"Who says I want you gone?"

Lauren held her hug as Yiski placed on hand on top of her hands which clasped together against his chest. Lauren broke the embrace and Yiski went back to work.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: June 12, 2013, 04:12:14 pm »
--Fleet Docks--

Plasma paces the dock, barking a few anxious orders at the men tinkering with the ship.
They reply with trepidation, skirting the poor mood of the Lieutenant. 
This only cause Plasma to sour further, the way we often do when others refuse to be targets for our wrath.
He storms out of the dock.

Of course he had missed the battle. Worse, his own mission had nearly failed. The parts which did succeed were prohibitively secret. He stopped, slamming his fist into a nearby wall, frustration overwhelming physical pain.
A messenger comes up to him presently.

Messenger
"Lieutenant, you've been summoned by Captain Verra. She would like to see you as soon as possible."

Plasma glares at the innocent messenger.

Plasma
"Very well! I'm on my way then!"
His rage becomes motion, the world rushing past as he strides towards the Administrative Building.

--Administration Building B--

Captain Verra
"Lieutenant. I've received orders about yesterday's incident. I have been reassigned to the Intelligence, Reconnaissance, and Information Division, outside the fleet proper. I've requested you follow my command. You will retain your rank, but the paperwork will drastically decrease."

Plasma stares at her. The IRI division generally received orders directly from the council and admiralty, but occasionally acted of it's own volition. The mentality gravitated twos those who prefer to ask forgiveness, rather than permission. It also, strictly speaking, did not exist. A handy, but dangerous tool for any government.

Plasma
"I'm honored Captain, but I think I lack some of the essential training for-"

Captain Verra
"That is something that can be acquired. This is a chance to do so."

Plasma stares at the captain, but his eyes look past her. Espionage, intrigue. At least he knows he can stand up to a certain level of torture. He might have what it takes, and if not...
At least I'll retain my rank
His eyes focus, bringing the Captains grimace into clear focus.

Plasma
"I accept."

--Outside, Administrative Plaza--

Plasma sits near the fountain, lost in thought about his future.
He see's Nidhogg and Tristan walk up, looking a bit lost.

Plasma
"Hey, it's you. The exile, and, ah-"

He looks at Tristan questioningly.

Plasma
"I don't think we've met."