Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1148543 times)

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1620 on: May 24, 2013, 09:44:27 pm »
Honeybadger spots BdrLine considering his offer so he continues to drink from his glass

Honeybadger
I need to find it soon, my memory is fading. I can't continue to take that shit without my bag. I just wish I knew where it was... Or what it looked like. After I started taking the Sauce my memory has been fading slowly. "Bdr, if you don't want to come. Anyone is free to join me."

Honeybadger nervously sips from his glass

Honeybadger
It's about this time I wish I had more friends. Why don't I have many?

Honeybadger spots Thrax

Honeybadger
"You talk a fucking mile a minute."

Honeybadger turns back around and sips his drink.

Offline Thraxius Meridius

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 24, 2013, 10:21:30 pm »
--Saloon--

After telling his epic tale, Thrax hears Honeybadger utter something. He turns to him for a moment.

Thrax
"Blame it on the hellfire! I don't believe we've met. What brings you here?"

Thrax takes a swig from his mug.

Thrax
"This place has more smoke and mirrors than a brothel's dressing room! Haha!"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 25, 2013, 12:00:45 am »
--NARRATOR--

Thrax, Honeybadger, Coldcurse, and Lockheart spend the rest of the night talking, swapping stories, and seeing who can drink the most Hellfire before passing out. In the end, all four end up out cold, must to the annoyance of Yiski.

As Yiski was closing up, he had a few patrons carry the four to the nearest triage to sleep off their drinks, though it wouldn't help them when they woke up in the morning. Soon all that was left in the saloon was BdrLine, Lauren, and Yiski.

Yiski
"You stayin' with us the night?"

BdrLine
"More like nights."

Yiski
"Apartment get blown up?"

BdrLine
"Yeah. The extra fireworks going off didn't help much either."

Yiski
"Well, you can take either spare room upstairs."

BdrLine nodded and headed upstairs. Yiski locked the door and joined Lauren in his room. Yiski chuckled to himself. It was more their room now.

Lauren
"So what happened while you were out?"

Yiski didn't want to tell Lauren he almost got shot in the face and almost fell off a 100 feet radio tower, so he tried to play it off.

Yiski
"Didn't I already tell you?"

Lauren
"No, you said you completed you task." *Glaring at Yiski* "You almost died again, didn't you?"

Yiski
"No." *Rubbing the back of his neck* "Maybe."

Lauren pouted and slugged Yiski on his arm. Without doing or saying more, she laid down and faced her back to Yiski. He sighed. He figured he would cuddle with his pillow tonight.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 104--

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 25, 2013, 10:56:06 am »
--START OF DAY 105--

--NARRATOR--

BdrLine, Lauren, and Yiski were awake before sunrise. Not because they each had something to do, but rather all the noise from the reconstruction had waken them. Yiski groaned.

Yiski
"Ugh... skies.. can't a man get five more minutes..?"

Lauren shifted, but didn't respond. She was still annoyed with Yiski's near deaths from yesterday. Yiski could tell she was annoyed, but knew importantly that she was more worried. They did decided to get back together and were happy.

Yiski
"You still angry with me?"

Lauren
"I'm not angry."

Yiski
"Then what's wrong?"

Lauren
"Nothing."

Yiski mentally facepalmed. Seemed like Lauren was going to throw every single female cliche at him. Not willing to fall into that trap, Yiski took a more proactive approach. He took his arms and reached around Lauren, drew her into him and then....

Lauren
"AHAHAHAHAHA!! OH... GOD... PLEASE... NO... NOT... THAT!! AHAHAHA!!"

Yiski had started brutally tickling her. They may not have been together for the past eight years, but Yiski still remembers where Lauren was ticklish. Squirm as she might, she could escape Yiski's fingers.

Despite a full floor of separation, BdrLine heard the sudden laughter/screaming. He put his pillow to his head, trying to block out the sounds and, even more so, his imagination.

Minutes seemed like hours to Lauren as Yiski finally stopped his tickling assault. Lauren laid in bed breathing and sweating heavily. She turned to face Yiski who wore a gigantic grin. As much as she wanted to be more angry at Yiski, she couldn't and gave a grin of her own.

Lauren
"Geez.. now I need to take a shower... and no.. you're not joining me this time.. jerk."

As she walked toward the bathroom, she took another look at Yiski who still had the same grin. She chuckled and went in. Yiski then got up and headed for the main floor to get ready for the day.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 25, 2013, 11:38:46 am »
-Narrator-

The day before Zill had a first glimpse of his galleon. He stood at it's hull, witnessing the damage. Even he had no idea what kept it from snapping in two. The engineer's that were working on it gave him some space. Rumors had been going around of his exploits that night and that vessel was living proof, as was his condition. The miraculous thing was that his entire crew survived.

He slowly made his way to the broken helm, standing on the deck and peering down. His pain shot through him, but his mind was too distracted with flashbacks from that fight. The chief engineer broke his thoughts as he started to talk to him.
Engineer
"Good to see you alive admiral."

Zill
"Aye. It'll take more than a Guild fleet to end me."

Engineer
"Heh. As you can see she's pretty beat up. We stopped trying to figure out how it held up after everything, as there really was no explanation besides, she didn't quit."

Zill
"That's Yeshan shipbuilding at its finest I suppose. Since she's here, I assume you all wish to rebuild it?"

Engineer
"Indeed. After that performance, what could be more inspiring than a glorious return?"

Zill
"I'll agree to that any week of the annum. Know how long it'll take?"

Engineer
"Well, we need to move her to the council docks. They have more resources, and it'll be safer there. It'll take awhile to get her back into fighting condition."

Zill just stared off into the Sky. It felt much like this touch with death from the tesla boats. He nodded in agreement and slowly made his way down to the hull deck.
Zill
"I'd like to be here when they move it."

Engineer
"Of course."

With that, he returned to the warehouse and collapsed on the bed, his body through with the pain of the shrapnel. Jun'ko joined him and the night was peaceful.

Jun'ko had gotten up early to tidy up the space. She figured she'd be hiding for a couple days and wanted to do something. Zill woke up late, sitting up and cursing to himself, holding his torso. Jun'ko sat next to him.
Jun'ko
"You really should go back to see a doctor."

Zill
"Over my dead body. Look at me now after they "healed" me..."

Jun'ko's face was that of pure worry, and some anger too. Zill just looked down.
Zill
"I'll see Oliver. Will that suit you?"

Jun'ko
"Fair enough. Now get yourself ready."

Zill wasn't used to following orders, but he had little choice given his state.

-End narrator-

Offline Gabranth

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: May 25, 2013, 01:24:50 pm »
-The Docks-

*Gabranth wakes up and looks around....a dirty little backroom of a storage house.
The Owner let him sleep there in exchange of a few coins.*

"I think I´ll look around in the city for a while.."

*As he walks around the streets, he heard serveral rebuilders complain about the Guild*

"I wonder If they would be angry If they knew I´m from one of the Guilds ships ?
Ha..they probably would..Mh but that brew they all drink in that nice saloon.. Hellfire or something ?
Good stuff.. actually I think I´m thirsty

Gabranth:
"Hey , you there" *one of the rebuilders looked at him* "..do you know where I can find the Burning Skies Saloon ? "

".. Yeah , its this there." *He points at the Saloon , one eyebrow raised*

Gabranth:
"Ahh.. well thank you.." *He heads to the Saloon"

"I hope its not closed like last time.."

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1626 on: May 25, 2013, 01:32:06 pm »
-Honeybadger's Hotel Room-

Honeybadger is sitting on his chair, there is little to no lighting. The only light comes out from the cracks in the closed blinds and the flickering end table lamp that a single moth was quite fond of. As Honeybadger sat, he stares at the vial on coffee table containing a black liquid.

Honeybadger
This must be a dream, I don't remember getting here. But since I've been on the Sauce I haven't really remembered anything.

There is a knock at the door.

Honeybadger
I don't have much time, I need to find whats hidden.

Honeybadger looks around the room, the knocking grows louder and more rapid.

Honeybadger
I wish I knew what the fuck I was looking for.

The knocking gets much louder, as if whoever was there was trying to break down the door

Honeybadger
Fuck, fuck, fuck, fuck. Wait.

As the knocking continues, some of the door chips off revealing a blinding light.

Honeybadger
Alright, I know my next step is. I need to get to the saloon. Honeybadger looks at the door which continues to chip revealing blinding light.

The door is now completely broken, Honeybadger cautiously walks toward it. Before he could second guess, he got forced through the door.

His vision eventually faded into clear vision, Honeybadger was lying on the ground 6 inches away from getting a face full of airship propeller.

-Somewhere in Anvala (Probably the docks)-

Offline Gabranth

• View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 25, 2013, 02:26:07 pm »
-near the docks-

*Gabranth is walking to where he thinks the Saloon is. Then he saw on his right side, a guy he recognized from the Saloon being pulled out of an Hotel*

Gabranth:
"What the... isnt that... uhm... Honeybadger ? Looks like hes in some kind of trouble...again..."

"Hey , uhh you there !"

*walks towards them*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 25, 2013, 02:50:13 pm »
--Council Chambers--

(3)
"So the reports state the complex captain was a traitor?"

(4)
"Yes, it seems the Commander has dealt with it which explains why we have contact with our recon units."

(1)
"What is our fleet's standing?"

(9)
"The fleet is at roughly sixty-five percent capacity."

(7)
"Any report from Yiski in regards to getting additional help?"

(9)
"None yet."

--Saloon--

There were few patrons. Yiski decided to contact Lance with the Anvalan waves cleared.

Yiski
"Lauren, I'm headin' back for a minute. Gonna make a few calls."

Lauren
*Pouting* "You better be back if things get busy."

Yiski heads to his workbench, pulls out a radio, and switches frequency to Lance's.

Yiski
"Crimson to Lance."

Lance
"Copy. You're coming in clear now. The hell is going on over there? Did you get my message?"

Yiski
"I did. Thanks for it. Managed to get to the city in time. Yet the city did take a beating."

Lance
"What were those things the Guild were using?"

Yiski
"Not sure myself, but I need a favor. I need you to find who is after me or the city and get a few folks together to do what you do best."

Lance
"Sure, but you know the usual price still applies."

Yiski
"What I don't get a discount for being a repeat customer and friend?"

Lance
"Can't business."

Yiski
"Fair enough. I'll send payment soon. Happy haunting."

Lance
"Phantom out."

Yiski killed the transmission and found himself sporting a wicked smile. What Lance is usually known for was his information networks, but he had another specialty: covert operations, mainly the seek and destroy kind. Yiski would have to depend on Lance because Anvala could not afford having him or Zill leave for another mission.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1629 on: May 25, 2013, 02:59:15 pm »
-Near Saloon-

Honeybadger, still on the ground, spots Gabranth. He semi hurriedly gets up. He is clearly tired.

Honeybadger
"Morning Gabranth, you know if the saloon is open?"

Honeybadger checks his pockets and pulls out his pocket watch, he sighs in relief as he looks at it.

Offline Gabranth

• View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 25, 2013, 03:09:28 pm »
*Looks at Honeybadger, grinning*

Gabranth:
"Yup , Im on my way to it. Are you okay ? That didnt look healthy."

*takes a flask from his Vestpocket , and takes a swig, then offers it to Honeybadger*
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:12:30 pm by Gabranth »

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1631 on: May 25, 2013, 03:23:20 pm »
Takes the flask from Gabranth, and nods appreciatively. Then takes a swig.

Honeybadger
"I haven't gotten to sleep for about four days now, mostly due to insomnia and night terrors."

Honeybadger and Gabranth approach the saloon.

Honeybadger
"I'm afraid I have to be in and out of the saloon so I won't have much time to socialize if anyone happens to be there."

He hands the flask back to Gabranth.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: May 25, 2013, 03:26:39 pm »
--Saloon--

After a few more minutes of peaceful sleep, BdrLine wakes up, swing his legs over the side of the bed, get up and yawns. He then heads towards the bathroom to take a shower. Once finished, he goes back to the room, got change and heads downstairs.

"Mourning Lauren, where's Yiski?"

Offline Gabranth

• View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 25, 2013, 03:31:30 pm »
*puts the flask back*

Gabranth:
"Four Days ?! Holy Grog, thats a long time.
But I guess Alcohol is the best cure If you cant sleep."

*smirks*

"Night terrors dont sound funny.."

They walk into the Saloon

"Ahoi Lauren, 2 Hellfires please.."

*sits down at a chair in a corner*

*then sees BdrLine*

"Ahh Good morning BdrLine, slept well ? " *chuckles*
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 03:33:05 pm by Gabranth »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 25, 2013, 04:13:31 pm »
--Saloon--

Lauren passes out the drinks to Gabranth. Yiski came out from the back before Lauren could respond to BdrLine.

Yiski
"Yo. BdrLine. I was just in the back. Made a few calls."