Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1150503 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #630 on: March 12, 2013, 10:45:26 am »
--START OF DAY 30--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski and Roland decided after last night's event and the effort to reset all the furniture, to sleep in to almost noon.

Yiski yelled up to Roland that he was gonna check the inventory and that Roland should make sure the everything is set and open up.

When Roland was satisfied the tables were back in place, he walked up to the door and unlocked. Just as Roland was opening the door to step out for some air, a man nudged the door enough to surprise Roland, causing him to quickly shuffle backwards. Roland looked at the man. Sure, Roland had started working at the saloon fairly regularly now and knew many of the regulars, but he had seen him before.

"Yiski," Roland calls out, "I believe we have a new patron."

Yiski came out from the back and saw Roland helping the man to a table. Yiski walked up to the man, took a better look at him, and finally gave a small grunt.

He's not knew, but more of a rare sight. Yiski looks to Roland. Roland let me introduce you to Lord Dick Tim or Mad Tim to some, captain of the 'Cloud Whale' and self possessed nut who believes cloud whales exist.

Yiski walks back to the counter and fixes up and odd drink. Roland has never seen fix this particular drink before. The liquid was crystal clear, but had small white spots inside. Yiski handed the drink to Tim.

Here's your usual, just the same as always.

Roland taps Yiski on the shoulder. "What is that drink?"

The Cloud Whale. Named and made only for him.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: March 12, 2013, 11:51:23 am »
-Narrator-

Zill woke up rather rough; the last night was awful for sleep. Too much on his mind. Too much to do today. The nightmares were still there, but upon opening his eyes, the light simply hurt. He downs a flask to overcome this unique pain and forces through. Its going to be a long day.

Outside can be heard the tapping of rain on everything nearby. Civilians clamor for shelter. Zill puts on his blackened outfit and makes his way to Port Tar Barrel. It was time to finish what was started. He also had a few plans in mind. Im going to prepare proper for whats to come.

-End Narrator-

*Zill makes his way to the Port. The time past since his last visit has done it well. Despite the rain and tar stains, everything seemed to be working well. Medium trade ships could be seen docking, even in this weather. A few steps into the old Port and everyone was glad to see him. They wanted to show off the progress.*

A fine job 'ye dogs. I have somethin' special planned for this Port in the coming days. Make ready for the largest ships in the fleet. We will make this a proper Port again yet.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: March 12, 2013, 12:51:41 pm »
--Saloon--

*Ny-Lee enters that saloon with a overcoat and a small parcel*
*She goes and sits at the bar and turns to both Yiski and Roland*

Hey guys, thought i can stay here with this weather going on

*To Roland as she spots Lord Dick Tom*

Do you know who is that? I never seen him here before.

--Docks--
*BdrLine is at the docks where he is tying down some crates so that they don't wash away*
*He sees Zill comes in and sees that the workers are working a little extra harder, he goes up to him*

Nice weather we have huh Zill *laughs*. But from the looks of these workers, something big is happening i guess. So need me to do anything to help out?

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: March 12, 2013, 01:12:42 pm »
-Docks-

*Rain pouring over his mask, he turns to BdrLine*

Finest weather for our dusty City. Its about time we got a little wet if yea ask me.

*He noticed the added step in each of the dockworker's work that BdrLine points out. Then he addresses his offer.*

Yea, you could coordinate the cleanup of the largest docks here in the Port. I plan to bring in a little somethin' for my coming mission up North. They wont get anythin' done any faster if they are an unorganized mob.

*Jun'ko runs up through the Port gates and joins the group.*

Heard you had some plans, oh captain. I had to see it for myself even in this miserable weather!

*Zill smirks.*

Good to have yea. Coordinate with BdrLine, and then my Squid in the warehouse needs a few gun placements. Many thanks sweetheart.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: March 12, 2013, 01:16:04 pm »
-Saloon-

*Yiski turns to Ny*
Of course you can. Plus, you bein' around makes things a bit more lively.

*Yiski looks over to Tim*
For him, that's Captain Timothy of the 'Cloud Whale'. Don't mind him too much, he's got the crazy notion that cloud whales actually exist.

*Roland approaches Yiski and Ny*
"Oh, hello Ny-Lee. I guess you are going to stay here out of the rain? Anyways, Yiski, we seem to be low on a few things and I am not sure we would have enough supplies for the rest of the day."

Yeah, I noticed it too, but what can you do? The weather's not gonna cooperate.

"Weather aside, I plan on going to the market."

*Yiski scratches his head*
Well, if you're so dead set on going out, take an umbrella and the hand cart from the back. And be careful. Don't need you gettin' sick on me.

"I will be fine Yiski."

*Roland grabs the umbrella and hand cart and sets out for the market*
I swear, he's a lot like his mother.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 12, 2013, 01:29:50 pm »
*passes Roland as he enters the saloon*

"Hey Roland. be careful out there, it's raining as if it were using a hwacha"

*enters the saloon seeming a little distracted than usual. Over the past couple of days, memories have been springing up when he least expects them to. He walks up to Yiski.*

"Could I get some Hellfire?"

*Turns to sit in his usual seat, but see that a newcomer has already occupied it. Shink scratches his head, and moves to sit somewhere else*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: March 12, 2013, 01:54:40 pm »
--Docks--
*BdrLine snickers a little at the sound of sweetheart*
*He then turns to Jun'ko*

Alright i guess we can divide the workers into small groups so that they won't be scrambled all over the place. I think i have something as well back at my warehouse to clean up the rest of the tar. Maybe you can overlook things while i go back and get it? I'lle be back and i continue helping you out. Once we are done we can go work on that squid.

--Saloon--
*Ny-Lee to Yiski*
Why thanks, but i think that already people are tying to stay alive in this place more*chuckles*. So cloud whale, i only heard of them from bedtime stories my parents use to tell me when i was smaller.

But, can i get a frost fire, can never have too much of those.

*sees Shink*

A little down from the weather or is something up?

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 12, 2013, 02:11:23 pm »
-Saloon-

*Yiski fixes up a FFA for Ny*
Here ya go. So, is BdrLine and Zill still working on gettin' the docks fixed?

*Yiski sees Shink walk in*
Well look at you. You look like you've been swimming. Go dry off. Can't have you bringin' in a tsumani.

-Market-

*Roland arrives the market. Despite the rain, the all the stalls are open*
"People need to make a living."

*Roland proceeds to a few stalls and picks up the necessary supplies. Eventually, the cart is filled with supplies, enough for about a week. Before heading back, Roland decides to grab today's news and makes his way back to the saloon.*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: March 12, 2013, 02:53:17 pm »
-Docks-

*Jun'ko nods to BdrLine and gets started getting the dockworkers into designated groups for the cleanup.*

Put your backs into it gents! Anvala demands it from you!

*Zill goes into the Dockmaster's office. Due to the last Dockmaster taking bribes, he was long gone after the explosion. Zill gets a messenger and gives him a parchment bound for the Council Docks.*

Make sure they get that. It is of the utmost importance.

*A loud thundering noise can be heard outside as water starts rushing in from a cracked levy on the western wall. Zill runs outside and Jun'ko is fast behind him.*

Men to me! This must be diverted back to the outer wall! Dig a trench and patch the levy!

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 12, 2013, 03:29:00 pm »
*Thunderclouds black out the sun. The boy is running along the top gang-way of the airship "Shark Bait". There is no visibility through the rain, and the captain calls for a flare to be sent out. A gun goes off, and the night is illuminated in an eery green glow*

"Contact! 3 O'clock Low!"

*Only one thought goes through the boy's mind.
'Raiders'. The boy runs down to the main deck, to help with loading the side guns*

"Get ready for a fight, boy"

*Shink finally notices Ny-Lee and Yiski looking at him*

"Hey guys, I'm fine... just a little.... distracted"

*proceeds to go to the washroom and dries off*

"Yiski, how bout that Hellfire?"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 12, 2013, 04:06:05 pm »
*Yiski gives Shink a look when he gets back*
You sure you're okay Shink? You kinda stood there for a few before drying off.

*Yiski hands Shinks a Hellfire*

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 12, 2013, 04:22:35 pm »
*takes the drink, and downs it in one go*

"Yeah I'm good... these memories keep popping up, and I feel like there is something important that I'm forgetting."

*The Hellfire starts to take effect. Looks to Ny-Lee*

"Hey Ny, wanna play a card game? I'm sure we could rope that stranger in on it..."

*Looks at the man in the corner table*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: March 12, 2013, 05:02:37 pm »
*Roland returns to the saloon. Consequently, he's soaked because the umbrella broke on the way back.*
*Yiski sees Roland soaked with the supplies*

"I'm back Yiski. I got enough supplies to last for a week." *Roland sneezes*

By the skies Roland, you'd better get dry and change clothes. Can't have you getting sick. I'll get the supplies in the back.

*Yiski turns to Shink before heading into the back*
Shink, that man is Captain Tim. Anvala's resident mad man. I'd advise not involving him... in anything.

*Roland heads upstairs to dry and change and Yiski takes the cart into the back and organizes the supplies*
*Moments later Roland comes back down, but he's still sneezing. Yiski yells from the back.*

Roland! You better drink a Clear Skies!

"Is... is that really necessary?" *Roland's hesitation is understandable. He's never been one to handle alcohol well.*

Yup. I don't have any cold medicine and the Clear Skies is the next best thing.

*Roland sighs and makes himself a Clear Skies.*
"Bottoms up."

*Roland downs the drink and hopes nothing happens to him*
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:04:38 pm by Yiski »

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 12, 2013, 05:13:25 pm »
*Looks over at Tim*

"Fair enough"

*sees Roland down the Clear Skies*

"Aw Roland you'll be fine... Clear Skies is a pretty tame drink"

*Shink starts to shuffle the deck, It's clear from his face, that he's lost in thought again*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 12, 2013, 05:27:20 pm »
-Docks-

*As the Jun'ko and the dockworkers quickly dig a makeshift trench to hold the flood of water away from the docks, Zill and a few men quickly shore up the weakened levy. Shortly after, Zill orders everyone to their warehouses to dry off, warm up, and have a round on him. Him and Jun'ko shore up in his warehouse, the rain coming down hard on the metal roof.*

*Zill turns to Jun'ko*

Where is BdrLine?

*Jun'ko shrugs*

I havent seen 'em since he went to his warehouse.

*Zill stares*

Well its not in flames so he must of just gotten lost in there. This damned storm is going to slow things to a crawl here till it passes.

*Jun'ko chuckles*

True, but now we can work on the squid since its here. Remember, no rest for the wicked. *Winks*

Aint that the truth.