Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1346132 times)

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1665 on: May 26, 2013, 08:20:55 pm »
Whistling a sad tune fitting of the current state of the city Wilkinson walked, his field cap pushed back. He wore a nice set of tools and calibers on his girdle, but the grey uniform he wore only had the insignia of airship gunner corporal on it. His step was light, but careful sidestepping stones let loose by the barrage. Occasional bystanders steered clear of the man, as he carried a Ceraenen pistol which, to an observant viewer, seemed to have seen serious service.
After some half-an-hour of searching he found what seemed to be a mostly intact tavern. Curious, he walked in to follow the demands of his grumbling stomach. "'Scuse me, ladies and gents", he smiled while walking towards the counter, "but I am hopeful that you might have something to eat. Been two days since my last full meal, and I'd kill for some good grub right about now." His smile was genuinely cheerful as he addressed the pair behind the counter.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: May 26, 2013, 08:57:24 pm »
Yiski took a look at the newcomer asking for a free meal. If it was anyone else at a different time, Yiski would've thrown him out, but there were three things preventing that. First, Lauren would throw Yiski out first. Despite her rough demeanor when handling strangers and new people, she had a soft spot for down and out folks. Second, in the current state of the city, it would be horrible form to deny aid to those who may have lost everything. Third, he could never turn away a fellow airmen.

Yiski
"Give me a minute."

Yiski heads to the back and throws together a quick sandwich. It wasn't fancy, rather made from a couple leftover meat and vegetables from last night's dinner. He brought it back out and handed it to the newcomer with a mug of Anvalan Reserve.

Yiski
"It's not five-stars, but it should suffice."

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: May 26, 2013, 09:11:47 pm »
Sniffing the air that carried the scent of the sandwich the man sighed in delight, took his field cap off and sat next to the dinner. He picked his pocket and landed a couple of coins on the counter. "Ah yes, this is really something", he smiled after whopping down the first bite and greeting it with a sip from the mug. "Especially if you've been on flight-rations for a couple of weeks."
After that, the man was silent during the sandwich's final moments. In his eating was almost a religious quality, not sharing his attention to anything else but the consumption of what seemed like ambrosia sent from the Seven Heavens.
After carefully wiping the last crumbs and gulping the fine ale he seemed more lively than before. "Sir", he addressed the creator of his dinner, "might I be as bold as to ask some sort of employment from somewhere? My previous ship went to scraps and the captain seemed to dislike the idea of being responsible for a few low-wage crewmembers without government support, and thus I am in the somewhat desperate situation of being unemployed in a town nobody knows me and everybody has more grievous issues to handle than the welfare of some landed gunner."

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: May 26, 2013, 09:18:00 pm »
-Saloon-

It took the couple much longer than usual to get to the saloon, thanks to Zill. They entered, and he made his way to sit permanently at the bar. A few people stared at him, and then "Lilly." He gave them a glare that could be seen even through his mask and goggles, prompting them to turn away. He looks at Yiski and gives him a low tone
Zill
"Hey Yiski, I could use a Clear Skies coming all night till close. "Lilly" here could use some Sake. She's been cooped up awhile and done some things she isn't proud of."

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1669 on: May 26, 2013, 09:28:38 pm »
Honeybadger, who is currently napping on the couch with his feet up on the opposite chair pushed the hat up from his eyes and reached into his coat pocket, he pulled out his pocket watch, sighed, then took the bottle out from his coat pocket and stared at it, then in the hole in the wall.

Honeybadger
I hope he doesn't make me fix that...

Honeybadger slowly starts toward the door.

Honeybadger
Now I'll just go outside and find my bag.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: May 26, 2013, 09:34:06 pm »
BdrLine comes out of the back room and notices Zill and Jun'ko wearing her 'Lily' get-up.

What did Jun'ko do now?

He goes back to the bar and takes a seat.

"Hey there Zill, 'Lily'. So how are you two feeling?"

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: May 26, 2013, 09:37:06 pm »
--Saloon--

Sky sees Zill wander in, like everyone else, he greets him.

Sky

"Greetings Zill, how have you been these past few days?"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: May 26, 2013, 10:35:59 pm »
-Saloon-

Zill and "Lilly" turn to Bdr.
Zill
"I feel worse then that tar explosion hitting me. Otherwise, hangin' in there."

Lilly
"Her Bdr. I'm just glad to get out of the...er...apartment."

Zill turns to sky and winces from even that.
Zill
"I've had better days. How did your squad fair from the fight?"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: May 26, 2013, 11:18:31 pm »
--NARRATOR--

--Saloon--

Yiski takes another look at the newcomer and shrugs.

Yiski
"Hmm.... if you're up for it, the city could always use more defenders. How are you with rifles?"

Mill
"In my experience, I've been good with mercury rifles."

Yiski
"Hmm... we did lose a few heavy riflemen. Alright, report to the Academy barracks at 0800 tomorrow."

Mill
"Sir?"

Yiski
"You need a job. I've got positions open." *Mill still looking at Yiski with confusion.* "You're lookin' at the Commander of Anvala's Defense."

Yiski pulls out his badge causing Mill to jump at attention and salute. Yiski chuckled, but returned the salute, and motioned him to sit back down.

Yiski
"Do you have a place to stay?"

Mill
"Yes sir. I'm staying at a local shelter. I'll report at 0800."

When Zill came in with 'Lilly', Yiski sighed. He thought it was a risk to bring out 'Lilly' this early, but he'll let Zill take the heat if anything happens. While Yiski knew 'Lilly' was Jun'ko, Lauren was completely dumbfounded that Zill brought another woman with him. She immediately stormed Zill and started yelling at him.

Lauren
"WHY ARE YOU CHEATING ON JUN'KO?!!!"

This caught the whole saloon's attention. Zill immediately pulled Lauren and 'Lilly' to the back room while Yiski was laughing hard. Zill quickly explains to Lauren the situation which they caused. While Lauren apologized for the outburst, she chastised the two for causing trouble and not filling her in on the disguise. When the three popped back out...

Zill
"No worries. Just a misunderstanding."

The regulars knew better than to question anything that happens in the saloon. Yiski leans into BdrLine and gives him the quick version, to which BdrLine simply nodded.

The night goes on and Yiski glances to see Honeybadger sneaking out of the saloon. A few things came to mind. The foremost thought was to use lethal rounds, but decided against it.

Yiski
"Like hell if I'm goin' to cause a mess in my saloon."

--NARRATOR END--

Lance
"Report."

Ghost
"Charges set and in position."

Lance
"Initiate."

Suddenly, a manor outside of Selogorod went up into flames and debris. After the initial blasts, Lance and his Ghosts move in and find the former Commodore heavily bloodied and pinned under tons of rubble. The Commodore mouthed a few words, but were inaudible before he passed. The team did one final sweep to clean up the any survivors. Reports would later deem the incident caused by raiders.

A few hours later, reports of a mysterious explosion occurring at Izumi was deemed to be caused by lingering mine gasses exposed to too much pressure.

--END OF THE PAST IS NEVER DEAD--

--END OF DAY 106--

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: May 28, 2013, 09:22:50 am »
--START OF DAY 107--

--NARRATOR--

It was a few hours before dawn when Yiski woke up. In shifting around his bed, he also woke up Lauren who was mumbling something. He figured she was complaining about being woken up at this time. Before Lauren was able to audibly voice her complaint, Yiski had already gotten ready to get fresh supplies for the saloon. He leaned down to give Lauren a kiss before leaving.

After Yiski left, Lauren found the willpower to get herself out of bed and made herself presentable. She yawned as she walked out into the main floor and noticed a fist-sized hole in the side wall. Good thing neither her or Yiski knew it was made by Honeybadger, or Yiski would hunt him down. Soon enough, BdrLine came downstairs and waved to Lauren.

Lauren
"Morning."

BdrLine
"Morning." *Scanning the main floor* "Where's Yiski?"

Lauren
"Out to get a few things for the saloon."

--Trading District--

Since the City Center was heavily damaged, the majority of stall markets relocated in a portion of the Eastern District. Yiski didn't have a problem finding the area because there were many stalls set up. The problem was even the stalls were running on short supply. With the lockdown still in effect, resources are rationed out and prices are regulated heavily to prevent gougers. After an hour of searching and buying, Yiski manages to secure enough supplies to keep the saloon running for another few days.

As Yiski makes his way back to the saloon, he thought he'd give Lance a shout to see how things went. The sooner the threat is dead, the sooner the lockdown is lifted, and the sooner Yiski can get more supplies.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: May 28, 2013, 09:43:50 am »
-Zill's warehouse-

Zill and Jun'ko were awakened by a knocking on the door. Zill grabbed his pistol and stood at the door. He looked at Jun'ko, who simply hid under the covers after reading his face.
Zill
"Yes?"

Engineer
"Sorry to disturb you admiral. Your galleon is getting towed today, and you said you wanted to know."

Zill
"I did indeed. Thanks for the update. I'd open up if I were decent."

Engineer
"No problem. See you later."

With that, the engineer walked away. Zill put his pistol on the table and Jun'ko popped her head out of the covers.
Jun'ko
"I wish I could see that..."

Zill
"We can't stand together, but if you go as Lilly, then you should be fine. Just don't let anyone see you leaving or entering this room."

Jun'ko nods and quickly gets ready, after kissing Zill of course. He did the same, and was out the door before she was ready. Zill slowly made his way over to the dock where his boat was docked. Three squids had already arrived and begun getting tow hooks attached to take her to the council docks. He gazed on at the crippled galleon, wincing from some pain. He turned around to see if he could spot "Lilly." She was sitting on the ground, her mask covering her emotion. This was the first time she saw it after the fight.

Zill turned back to his ship, and watched them prepare.

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1676 on: May 28, 2013, 11:12:47 am »
-Outside of the Burning Skies-

A faint patter of feet can be heard outside, the patter got louder until it turned into a loud thud on the window. Honeybadger had tried to jump in with an entrance, it failed. Once Honeybadger dropped, he quickly recovered and jogged to the front door with an audible pitter patter and walked in like nothing happened. Hopefully thinking that they would ausume a bird had hit itself against the window.

Honeybadger came in worried with a firmiliar bag around his shoulder. He quickly closed the door and found a window to peer out of, very suspiciously.

Honeybadger
"Ok, *Sigh* I think I lost them."

Honeybadger proceeds to the bar and puts his bag to the side of his chair.

Offline Gabranth

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 28, 2013, 11:20:44 am »
-On the way to the Saloon-

*Walks to the Saloon, and sees Honeybadgers epic attempt to jump through the window and laughs out loud
 Then enters , and sits on a barchair*

"What was that supposed to be, Badger?" *grinning*

"By the way , I heard you punch holes in innocent walls ?" 

*Takes a swig from his flask*

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1678 on: May 28, 2013, 11:27:22 am »
Honeybadger looks over at Gabranth.

Honeybadger
"If you must know, I was running from people who would love nothing more then to see me die in the gutter." Plus I've been running all night so I wasn't exactly thinking clearly.

Honeybadger lights up as if he rememebers something, then pulled out a single plank of wood and one nail and hammer. He walked over to the hole in the wall and put the board over it with one nail. It looked very crude and on top of that, the board had a smiley face on one end of it.

Honeybadger took a couple steps back to take in his work. He smiled.

Honeybadger
"Good as new!"

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 28, 2013, 01:34:28 pm »
--Saloon--

Yiski saw Honeybager and Gabranth outside the saloon. Lauren heard hammering from inside and came out to see what was going on. The two saw Honeybadger patching the hole by simply putting up a board against it. If Yiski didn't need the supplies, he'd dropped them and strangle Honeybadger. Lauren just facepalmed.

Yiski
"Good as new my ass. I'm assumin' you're fixin' somethin' because you broke it."

Lauren
"Apparently he punched the wall." *Yiski raises his eyebrow* "Hey, it's what these two said."

Yiski
"How you manage to punch a hole through three feet of cinder brick and concrete... you know what? Nevermind."

Lauren and Yiski went back inside and headed for the back. The two quickly went to work on brewing new batches.