Author Topic: Release 1.4.1 Notes  (Read 93097 times)

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
Re: Release 1.4.1 Notes
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2015, 04:14:33 pm »
"Well, I guess we get yelled at for just about everything.  I kid I kid."

That's probably pretty true, though.

DAY 48

Muse made an update today. I briefly reviewed the changes, uninstalled Guns of Icarus, and started looking into hiring a hitman to take them out. I simply can't take this anymore.

DAY 49

Boredom.

DAY 50

Installed Guns of Icarus. Tried to reach hitman on cell phone but he didn't answer. I may have been scammed.

Anyway, this should be interesting, given the outpouring of requests we had some time ago for class specific bonuses (I think the thread was "Make Gunners Useful" or something to that effect).

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2015, 04:15:45 pm »
@DrTentacles, yeah to the point of learning curve and poorly explaining things.  I don't think you're wrong there.  We need to do better overall.  A new mission based tutorial system is being designed.  It'll take us a bit, but I do agree, we need to do better.

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2015, 04:17:59 pm »
@Charon, lol, nice.  But but, why have a hitman when we can have you?  Hahaha.  Haven't talked to you in a while.  Hope all is awesome! 

Offline Charon

• Salutes: 95
    • [RAFT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2015, 04:18:17 pm »
S!

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2015, 04:19:47 pm »
@Sprayer, great catch, and sorry we didn't put up the notes.  We just patched a bug fix with tools display in recommended load out.  If anyone saw it this morning, he/she would know what this is.  If not, don't worry and it's fixed.

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2015, 04:22:16 pm »
@BlackenedPies

Fair enough, and I'm willing to accept that I might be wrong. However, it's not that stamina is complex. It's that stamina is *another* mechanic that you have to mentally juggle, as far as time, economy, and use, thus, it presents a skill barrier to entry, especially in the first 15 or so levels when someone is learning the basics, and forming an impression of the game. (I feel like I should start a separate thread on GOI's learning curve, but I'm sure it's all been said before. Specifically, I can't help but compare it to MOBAs.)

@Bubbles

As far as adding a new mechanic for experienced players, I'm not necessarily opposed. I guess, looking at it from that angle, my only gripe is the redundancy of pilot stamina, but I'm at a loss as how to make it unique as well.

All this being said, I think stamina isn't a great idea as implemented. However, I think I'd rather see it exist in it's current form than be nerfed to toothlessness like the Minotaur. I guess I'd rather see a mechanic that I don't like exist than be rendered toothless as some sort of compromise.

(My biggest gripes are with the Carronade and Flamethrower nerfs, TBH.)

EDIT: @Bubbles, redux. Just a question-is the new tutorial dependent on mechanics currently in development in co-op?
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:25:28 pm by DrTentacles »

Offline Allien'

• Salutes: 13
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2015, 04:25:38 pm »
I don't mind the changes tbh. Part of being a competitive player is to adapt to the game as it goes, we'll work with it.  :P
I was a bit worried about the UI because of how it looked in DEV App ,but I know that you already are working on it. Like everything new It just needs some polish.

I'll be one of the few in this saying keep up the good job, at least we have Devs that care about the game  :)

(Meanwhile in my wishlist: Competitive suport! :D  )

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2015, 04:31:01 pm »
@DrTentacle, fair point on Minotaur.  It's tough to strike that balance, and it's on our minds.  With balance, we'll need to constantly look at it and think about it.  And with the gun adjustments, yeah I totally understand.  Every time we make this type of adjustment, it's always tough, because it affects people's use cases and preferences etc.  I do think we've been a lot better in terms of looking at larger samples, stats on usage and win rates, and looking at feedback and people's reasoning behind the feedback before we make changes.  And we've been trying to get everyone to test more before we roll anything out  I don't think we're at the days of the heavy flak or old artemis anymore.  I'm not sure if you were in the game during those days, but people look back on those days and shutter.  Really appreciate the points on stamina as well. 

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2015, 04:32:40 pm »
@Allien, thanks a lot.  yeah competitive support like pauses, ref controls etc are super cool. 

Offline BlackenedPies

• Salutes: 134
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2015, 04:34:41 pm »
Quote from: Allien'
(Meanwhile in my wishlist: Competitive support! :D  )

Competitions that are accessible to newer players would be a great addition. Right now it's just vets and I'm sure many newer clans would like to compete against eachother. It could really help the player base.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2015, 04:38:11 pm »
This is the greatest patch in probably near 2yrs now. Bubbles have my baby!! :D

Offline DJ Logicalia

• Salutes: 191
    • [♫]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2015, 04:48:21 pm »
After a little testing in the main game, I hate to admit it, but... this is a good patch. Stamina adds an interesting new element of gameplay and isn't too balance breaking. The new visual and audio effects are great.

I don't like the heavy nerf though. You need to remove the ammo decrease or at least lessen it greatly or heavy hwacha is going to lose its usefulness greatly.

The UI is really bad. It's way too big and totally takes me out of it. It's in your face and takes up way too much of the screen. That's really the worst part of it. The compass to huge and the score counter is so prominent, while more important info like the eye that shows if your spotted or not is way too small. It's really bad. It really takes you out of the whole steam/dieselpunk thing, too. It's too white and clean and huge. This needs to be changed. You also can't see the score on the respawn screen anymore which is bad. 

Also, on the victory screen you can only see one ship, and by the time it switches to the other ship, the roster/score is up and you can't see the people on the second ship.

All in all... this isn't the worst patch ever and it made some good changes. But this UI really needs tweaking. It was in the dev app for a bout 2 days before it was implemented. It needed more testing

Offline Dev Bubbles

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2015, 04:56:36 pm »
@gilder, wait wait wait, you're not yelling at me?  I almost don't know what to do...  Hahaha.  Thanks a lot.  This really means a lot.  Really appreciate it. 

Offline Schwalbe

• Salutes: 178
    • [ψ꒜]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2015, 05:01:48 pm »
Richard had some insanely good ideas on UI improvement. But I guess it will be ignored.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2015, 05:03:52 pm »
Why be upset? This completely solves the issue I saw with the Squid. Even if it happens, stamina can help smooth it out. Maybe in the future Watchmaker will figure out what it was. I do apologize for the misunderstanding.

Thx Muse for not giving up on Stamina. Been a lot of discussion of pros and cons but I'm glad to see it in. And if it happens to lead to more good changes, all the better :D I'm looking forward to hearing Keyvias relay feedback on it over the coming weeks.