Author Topic: Dev App 1.4.0 (475)  (Read 42120 times)

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 55
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
Dev App 1.4.0 (475)
« on: March 31, 2015, 05:01:58 pm »
Added
- Stamina is back for more testing
- Improved HUD: shows more information on gun, drop shadows for readability against clouds, cleaner compass and ship health
- New particles for component destruction

Changes

- Rematch: Can rematch any number of times, rematch vote threshold increased to 60% (at least some of both teams must agree), defaults to no rematch
- Flamethrower "projectiles" no longer penetrate ships (each particle can hit only one target)
- Moved Steam notification to upper right
- Character customization screen no longer changes your currently selected class
- Practice now gets match (rather than menu) music

Fixes
- Balloon repair UI now shows "big fire" icon only when >8 stacks (consistent with other repair UI)
- Minotaur has its flames and damage effects again
- No more "dummy" shots when getting off the Minotaur (or carronades)
- Improved audio memory usage significantly
- Fixed delay before "invalid repair hit" sound effect
- A number of other UI and model fixes
« Last Edit: April 10, 2015, 12:09:55 pm by Watchmaker »

Offline David Dire

• Salutes: 62
    • [SkBo]
    • View Profile
Re: Dev App 1.4.0 (473)
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2015, 05:15:18 pm »

- Flamethrower "projectiles" no longer penetrate ships (each particle can hit only one target)

No senpai

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2015, 05:27:59 pm »
So Chem spray just became more godlike?

I like the idea of it not penetrating but with chem as it is it, you might as well just remove flamethrowers.

Other changes looking good. I'm looking forward to seeing Stamina perfected and added to the game. Especially for COOP.

Offline Lanliss

• Salutes: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2015, 05:30:39 pm »
How many particles of fire are there for a burst of flamer? If I just click once, is that one particle? Or is it like 12 particles for one "graphic" of fire?

Offline Dutch Vanya

• Salutes: 107
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2015, 05:36:37 pm »
Practice mode is broken in the dev app. The moment you start loading in you end up on a victory screen that doesn't count down, and it doesn't allow you to access menu. You have to force quit the game if you want to leave practice. I have to ask, how can something like this happen, was it due to the soundtrack change?

Offline Richard LeMoon

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 284
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2015, 05:37:04 pm »
Can't use practice. You get an instant victory screen with 1000 points, then just cycles the victory pose with no way out of the screen.

(ha, Dutch)

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2015, 05:42:34 pm »
Can't use practice. You get an instant victory screen with 1000 points, then just cycles the victory pose with no way out of the screen.

(ha, Dutch)

I somehow got in once out of four times I tried, also emailed feedback already about the matter.

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 06:16:58 pm »
Something is very weird with Practice.  My guess at the moment is that it's latency related, since I can frequently get into one on US servers but almost always fail on EU (also because this didn't show up at all in our local development servers.)

Welcome to the dev app, we find bugs here so we don't find them in production.

Re: flamethrower, one particle corresponds to each "bullet" in the ammo counter.  There's no exact correspondence between these and the rendered flames, but they fill approximately the same volume.  It is likely there will be a corresponding chem spray nerf at some point, we're trying to move flamethrower/chemspray balance to something a bit less extreme.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:20:13 pm by Watchmaker »

Offline DrTentacles

• Salutes: 30
    • [GSR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 06:18:11 pm »
Please don't nerf flamethrower. Give extinguisher a buff. Flamethrower is hard-countered without a secondary source of damage to break cycles by chem.

The only condition under which I'd term a weapon in GOI OP is if it was sufficient paired with itself/no other gun to promise a kill. The flamethrower is not at that point.

Offline Watchmaker

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 06:40:47 pm »
Practice should work now.

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 07:32:15 pm »
Please don't nerf flamethrower. Give extinguisher a buff. Flamethrower is hard-countered without a secondary source of damage to break cycles by chem.

The only condition under which I'd term a weapon in GOI OP is if it was sufficient paired with itself/no other gun to promise a kill. The flamethrower is not at that point.

You know what would be OP?

This.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2015, 07:56:48 pm »
The new pilot tool effects...fantastic! If I could I'd hire a big fat greek or italian momma to come by Muse and give you all kisses! :D

Offline Koali

• [Sass]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2015, 08:17:03 pm »
Oh, sure, just go ahead and ignore the painstakingly modeled Prometheus...

Offline Thomas

• Salutes: 80
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 08:35:38 pm »
Used the flamethrower a bit. I like the idea of the change, but in practice the hitbox for other ships seemed crazy weird.

For instance I was using a flamethrower while facing the front of a junker. With other guns like artemis, gat, carronade, etc; you're able to shoot the side guns or even the engines if you're able to aim well. Even with these in view, when trying to shoot them every flamer shot seemed to hit the hull, with the hit marker showing in an area I wasn't even close to; and even weirder there was hit marker floating in the air and counting as hull when I tried to shoot the lower guns.

If this weirdness gets fixed, it should be fine. Currently the flamer can set an incredible number of fires all over the ship. You can be above the ship, aiming down and hit their balloon, hull, and other components if you aim moderately well. With this adjustment, you'd only end up hitting the balloon. The gun will be a lot less effective in competitive, but should be a lot more balanced for pub matches. Maybe.

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2015, 08:56:17 pm »
I agree that one of the flamer's more interesting features was ship penetration, but I kind of see the reason for the change. Could we maybe only make a partial penetration, like 10 meters before the particle stops? I would like to still be able to flame a pyramidion's front guns from above.

Also, THANK YOU MUSE for the rematch changes. Unlimited rematches are one of the things we missed most about old lobbies. Now to add named lobbies and it will be perfect :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:58:35 pm by Omniraptor »