Author Topic: Questions about the GUNNER  (Read 50414 times)

Offline Fleet Admiral Abrams

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 7
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about the GUNNER
« Reply #45 on: May 03, 2013, 11:32:31 am »
Well MasX, it depnds on wich gun you have on your ship. if you need more than two amo types for proper long and short range combat .... take gunner .. if not go engineer and increas the chance of survival for your ship.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 06, 2013, 08:54:29 pm »
What ammo should i use in a Carronade?

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 06, 2013, 10:06:11 pm »
Well this depends a bit on whether you're talking about light carronade or heavy carronade.

Both guns will benefit from heavy clip, since it decreases their bullet cone thereby increasing the effective range.  This also has the added benefit of letting these guns be used to destroy individual components which is a nice way to increase their disabling factor.

For the light carronade I also really enjoy using greased rounds since this dramatically increases its dps, allowing you to murder balloons rapidly and continue on causing damage directly into the hull component. 

For the heavy carronade charged rounds are very effective since you increase your damage by 30% per shot without any loss in ammo.  Some people also like to use incendiary, since due to it being a raycast weapon with tons of projectiles, there is an extremely high probability of starting multiple fires throughout the ship.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 07, 2013, 02:19:12 am »
Also, lochanagar is another viable option for the heavy carronade, but in pick up games, that might require too much cohesion between the gunner and the pilot

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 07, 2013, 09:27:15 am »
Also, lochanagar is another viable option for the heavy carronade, but in pick up games, that might requires too much cohesion between the gunner and the pilot

Fixed that for you. I get strange looks when I tell people that Loch never stopped being good for the heavy carronade.

Offline zitruskiller

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [PLRS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 07, 2013, 09:49:04 am »
is it wise to still be a gunner on a ship other than a galleon
i see 3 reasons to play gunner now

1st reason: you take gunner, and just sit on your gun and do nothing but shooting. Nobody will say you that you are repairing bad.
2nd reason: when you play with AI, if you will take gunner, the AI will be engineer and you can set him to repairs.
3rd reason: you play on galleon, or hwacha spire\goldfish. This is the only gun, which requires more than one type of ammo

PS: crap, i anwered the question from the first page D:

Offline Redorio diVario

• Salutes: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2013, 09:36:57 am »
Is there something like a table that shows what type of ammo is suitable for what gun and which ammo should never be used on one? I know experience will let you know which ammo to use in what situation and for what gun but I'm still a beginner and I find it useful to have it noted down instead of analyzing what kind of ammo is best to load. I made such a table myself but I'm not sure whether it's OK.

Offline GrimWinter

• Salutes: 2
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2013, 12:49:21 am »
Is there something like a table that shows what type of ammo is suitable for what gun and which ammo should never be used on one? I know experience will let you know which ammo to use in what situation and for what gun but I'm still a beginner and I find it useful to have it noted down instead of analyzing what kind of ammo is best to load. I made such a table myself but I'm not sure whether it's OK.
Heh, I actually started making one for my own use before I saw this post.

I've made this table using the info so far provided in the topic but I would suggest looking at the first few pages and seeing the reasoning for them all as well
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkhqPy2i8jmvdFpRbDJjSTZSTm1aMTRJWmVHMXdmU1E&usp=sharing

I'll probably start editing this to my own tastes later on too and maybe add some other info to go with it

Edit: Also found this link that has a lot more info for guns as well http://gunsoficarus.com/gameplay/weapons/
« Last Edit: May 12, 2013, 12:56:46 am by GrimWinter »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2013, 08:27:11 am »
I've made this table using the info so far provided in the topic but I would suggest looking at the first few pages and seeing the reasoning for them all as well

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkhqPy2i8jmvdFpRbDJjSTZSTm1aMTRJWmVHMXdmU1E&usp=sharing

Burst is the best ammo type on Artemis, and is also useful at close range for the light flak and gat. Otherwise, what I could see seemed fine (I'm not sure if it stops at burst for now or if my phone must won't let me scroll...)

Offline GrimWinter

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2013, 01:22:12 pm »

Burst is the best ammo type on Artemis, and is also useful at close range for the light flak and gat. Otherwise, what I could see seemed fine (I'm not sure if it stops at burst for now or if my phone must won't let me scroll...)
Yep, theres more on there now, added some stuff on ships to the right. And thanks, I added on what you've said :)

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2013, 01:45:48 pm »
I just noticed a minor little thing. Your description of fire damage is a little off. What you're describing is the fire stacks themselves, but the direct damage done by the particles is something else entirely. Fire damage works like any other damage type, with the multipliers shown in the damage matrix. So fire damage is good against balloons and also strong against the hull. Damage from fire stacks is dealt in addition to that.

Offline GrimWinter

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2013, 02:13:28 pm »
Ah, thanks for pointing that out! I just quickly put it together last night and grabbed those descriptions from the game while I was doing it

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2013, 02:21:30 pm »
Ah, thanks for pointing that out! I just quickly put it together last night and grabbed those descriptions from the game while I was doing it

Wait, that's what the manual says? That's a problem...

Offline GrimWinter

• [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2013, 02:21:59 pm »
Yeah, it was a direct quote from the manual

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2013, 02:35:04 pm »
Yeah, it was a direct quote from the manual

Well no wonder you made the mistake, then. Maybe I'll speak to Muse about revamping the manual some time.