Author Topic: It's The Clawwwwwww!  (Read 78087 times)

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: It's The Clawwwwwww!
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2014, 10:07:11 am »
Idk. Awkm made me hate numbers in Guns a long time ago. I never keep track.

Offline Kesella Divone

• Salutes: 1
    • [B3wb]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2014, 10:18:37 am »
Just a random newbie suggestion here so feel free to ignore, but what if it also/instead damaged hull armor?  You are turning the ship harder than it was designed to do so the body should be under a lot of stress so it does make sense.  Would that help offset the bonuses you get from it?

Offline Omniraptor

• Salutes: 51
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2014, 01:59:19 pm »
Another idea- maybe make it apply a repair cooldown to hull, instead of direct damage?

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2014, 02:42:34 pm »
Just a random newbie suggestion here so feel free to ignore, but what if it also/instead damaged hull armor?  You are turning the ship harder than it was designed to do so the body should be under a lot of stress so it does make sense.  Would that help offset the bonuses you get from it?

This. I've always thought claw should damage turning engines, armour, and not the main engine.

Offline Puppy Fur

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 10
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2014, 06:57:57 pm »
I think the major issue is that it's nearly penalty free. Unlike kerosene which you have activated for a long time you only ever need claw for a few seconds.

I use pheonix claw almost as much as kerosine. (which I use almost non stop depending on the ship)

Offline Puppy Fur

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 10
    • [OVW]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2014, 07:00:41 pm »
I will use kerosine and phoenix claw because the other tools aren't nearly as good. No matter how much damage kerosine and phoenix claw do I will most likely not be changing out for other tools that I deem almost useless. My build for every ship except squid is phoenix claw, kerosine, hydro.

Offline Extirminator

• Salutes: 56
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2014, 11:27:22 am »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 06, 2014, 10:14:48 pm »
While it is useful another reason for its near universal use is that it is the only turning tool. Just as everyone brings phoenix claw, near everyone brings kerosene or moonshine. It makes sense, everyone wants to move fast and move better. Adding a different tier of turning ability (more powerful and damaging turn) could help.

Hmmm, well heres a thought. If everyone wants to move faster and better and needs tools to do it then maybe...maybe...PEOPLE DON'T LIKE FLYING SKY TURDS?! ZOMG BLASPHEMY!!!

Muse created Turds of the Sky with 1.2. The majority of players want the game faster but won't speak up to get Muse to do it. Its just so stupid. But whats even more dumb is friends who hate the game in it's current form, but are too lazy to make a post on it. I've had one for months now, just sitting on it. Every time I ask him, he goes,"oh I'm still collecting my thoughts. I'll post later." Freaken facebook generation! Spend all day taking selfies and letting others know they're morons but don't have 5 mins to say,"hey Muse, game is too slow, k bye."

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #38 on: July 06, 2014, 10:22:00 pm »
While it is useful another reason for its near universal use is that it is the only turning tool. Just as everyone brings phoenix claw, near everyone brings kerosene or moonshine. It makes sense, everyone wants to move fast and move better. Adding a different tier of turning ability (more powerful and damaging turn) could help.

Hmmm, well heres a thought. If everyone wants to move faster and better and needs tools to do it then maybe...maybe...PEOPLE DON'T LIKE FLYING SKY TURDS?! ZOMG BLASPHEMY!!!

Muse created Turds of the Sky with 1.2. The majority of players want the game faster but won't speak up to get Muse to do it. Its just so stupid. But whats even more dumb is friends who hate the game in it's current form, but are too lazy to make a post on it. I've had one for months now, just sitting on it. Every time I ask him, he goes,"oh I'm still collecting my thoughts. I'll post later." Freaken facebook generation! Spend all day taking selfies and letting others know they're morons but don't have 5 mins to say,"hey Muse, game is too slow, k bye."
Yes, we're well aware what you think, Dragonmere 2.0. You continually claim that everyone thinks the game is slow, yet I've seen only a minimal, perhaps only 1-2 people who agree with you.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 07, 2014, 11:54:07 am »
Gilder, people bring those tools so they can go comparatively faster, not because they want to go fast. Increase the speed to 10x and it still would behoove people to move or turn x percent faster.

Also I completely missed the rest of this thread somehow.

Zill, yes the goldie is a better turner than the pyra, however it is not significantly better. You complain that if the goldie wants to win the turn battle it is required to bring a turn tool. However that is due because the goldie doesn't have a large comparative advantage in turning. If your strategy depends on out turning a ship and both ships have equal access to a tool that buffs turning then why is it so wrong to need to bring it?

Offline Sakaron

• Salutes: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2014, 07:45:47 pm »
Game's speed is fine as it is to me.

The problem with the claw is that it enables movement, rather than sets it in place like kerosene, or hydrogen. It doesn't force you in a direction, but allows you to turn quicker, this means that with it, you can do most things faster as it sets up movement, rather than commits. Therefore, the claws going to be taken on most ships because it allows you to be better in most situations, rather than some, like the parachute.

What it needs, is have a higher damage, at something similar to kerosene, if not higher, due to the limited time the tool is used for.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 07:48:02 pm by Sakaron »

Offline Dementio

• Salutes: 135
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2014, 10:17:10 pm »
Personal opinions incoming:
What it needs is to be removed or at least have the difference of turning speed between ships bigger.
Higher damage is not going to do anything. People are going to continue use it, it will just be annoying.

What about having it be punishing the longer you have it activated? Like your horizontal and vertical accelartion decreases by X% the longer you use it. Or the longer you use the less decrease you get. Forcing pilots to either use it for a rather long period or a really short time to not get outmanouvered again after they turned.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2014, 10:24:15 pm »
Do you guys think that fast and mobile ships lose there advantage when every ship has the claw?

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 07, 2014, 11:16:50 pm »
Do you guys think that fast and mobile ships lose there advantage when every ship has the claw?

Yes, very much so. A tiny increase in turn speed means a ship flying in a radius around it has to fly a lot faster to keep up. Any increase in turn speed requires a ship trying to circle to increase speed by the same percentage or close distance by the reverse percentage. Even for the squid it means you have to fly ridiculously tight circles around even the pyra when it has a claw. This doesn't even account for a ship that is moving linearly while turning.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 08, 2014, 12:02:02 am »
The best solution I've heard on this thread is to make the claw do damage to the armor as well as engines. 

Leaving the claw on will become much less desirable when taking enemy fire and every bit of armor counts.  It will make the claw less used on pyras but still used on galleons.  It will also prevent someone from leaving it on indefinitely as it is now.