Author Topic: If you were a Game Modder.  (Read 35479 times)

Offline Tropo

• Salutes: 31
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Re: If you were a Game Modder.
« Reply #30 on: August 16, 2014, 03:55:12 pm »
swords

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2014, 02:14:17 am »
swords
like a heavy gun that fires swords?

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2014, 06:39:06 am »
It's actually an ammo type, but it could be a weapon hmm...

Also, I'd rename the merc into the Howitzer.

Offline ramjamslam

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 63
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2014, 07:36:28 am »
oh a swords ammo type would be cool.  I'd love to see a Flamethrower that shoots flaming swords!

I might be tempted to rename the Flamethrower the "Cake Baker" :D

Offline SaintR.L.

• Salutes: 5
    • [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2014, 11:43:45 am »
I might be tempted to rename the Flamethrower the "Cake Baker" :D
Does that mean we can have ammo that shoots cake batter?

Offline The Sky Wolf

• Salutes: 43
    • [Wolƒ]
    • View Profile
Re: If you were a Game Modder. (Which I am)
« Reply #35 on: August 23, 2014, 04:17:13 pm »
I'd make boarding with harpoon guns possible
I'd replace the wrench model with a sword
I'd replace the chem sprayer with a pistol
I'd create a stealth bomber blimb-like airship that could drop bombs from way high up
I'd build my own port to dock at and house to walk to
I'd create artillery to fire at airships from the ground
I'd design my own rainforest map with a massive waterfall in it
I'd design my own ship
I'd design my own Mercenary guild

..And other things too

Offline Mezhu

• Salutes: 33
    • [Sgar]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2014, 01:29:35 pm »
In that vein - maps with overhead obstructions, possibly some sort of absolutely massive cave system (complete with stalactites and stalagmites - think putting an upside down canyon ambush on top of the current one) would be great.

Esp if it was poorly lit, so flares would have to be used generously and be more strategic, in place of having clouds for cover.

I was thinking the exact same thing. A 2-layer map, like e.g. Canyon Ambush on the surface except those holes in the ground (like tunnel entrances, you can see many of them outside the playable map borders) would be accessible and even lead to an underground cave system that can be traversed by the smaller ships. Just imagine the possibilities; waterfall covered entrances for ambushes, huge stalagmites/stalactites to use for cover and hide behind, hidden routes you can use to sneak up behind enemies :>

Offline SaintR.L.

• [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2014, 05:02:28 pm »
In that vein - maps with overhead obstructions, possibly some sort of absolutely massive cave system (complete with stalactites and stalagmites - think putting an upside down canyon ambush on top of the current one) would be great.

Esp if it was poorly lit, so flares would have to be used generously and be more strategic, in place of having clouds for cover.

I was thinking the exact same thing. A 2-layer map, like e.g. Canyon Ambush on the surface except those holes in the ground (like tunnel entrances, you can see many of them outside the playable map borders) would be accessible and even lead to an underground cave system that can be traversed by the smaller ships. Just imagine the possibilities; waterfall covered entrances for ambushes, huge stalagmites/stalactites to use for cover and hide behind, hidden routes you can use to sneak up behind enemies :>
The sheer size of the maps and the length of (hide-n-go-seek) matches would really seem time prohibitive unless you're ok with a 1 hour game.

Offline GeoRmr

• Salutes: 178
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
    • Storm Ryders
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2014, 07:10:05 pm »

The sheer size of the maps and the length of (hide-n-go-seek) matches would really seem time prohibitive unless you're ok with a 1 hour game.

make it a 4v4 map

Offline Sprayer

• Salutes: 14
    • [SPQR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2014, 08:12:56 am »
It's actually an ammo type, but it could be a weapon hmm...

No actual swords, as in "Drive me closer, I want to hit them with my sword!"

I'd make a combat cloak for the squid,
make the lower sideguns of the mobula automatically shoot where the upper sideguns shoot,
give the galleon the ability to kill its main engine in order speed up it's guns and their reloads,
give the junker the ability to soak up all projectiles flying around it for 1/4 of the damage to the armor,
give the pyramidion a 5s -90% horizontal drag +300% engine thrust and -80% impactdamage but kills engines afterwards rocketspeedbutton,
increase the hullhitbox at the spire's bloon whilst reducing all damage the spire takes there and on the lower third of it's hullhitbox by 33%, also give it kind of an autopilot to always face the captain's target,
give the goldfish the ability to strip it's hullarmor to regain 20% permahull and recieve a 5s -70% all drag but can't rebuild hullarmor buff/debuff.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 08:36:14 am by Sprayer »

Offline Arturo Sanchez

• Salutes: 119
    • [AI]
    • View Profile
    • My spaghetti channel
Re: If you were a Game Modder. (Which I am)
« Reply #40 on: December 17, 2014, 05:03:13 am »
I'd make boarding with harpoon guns possible
I'd replace the wrench model with a sword
I'd replace the chem sprayer with a pistol
I'd create a stealth bomber blimb-like airship that could drop bombs from way high up
I'd build my own port to dock at and house to walk to
I'd create artillery to fire at airships from the ground
I'd design my own rainforest map with a massive waterfall in it
I'd design my own ship
I'd design my own Mercenary guild

..And other things too

You worded the first thing weird. So you board... via poon gun? As in you are shot out of the poon?

I want a music mod that changes the drum into this.

http://youtu.be/SrlhLaNClgw?t=46s

and of course charge of the valkyrie as the classy alternative.

Also everytime a ship dies children cheer or the wilhelm scream sounds and other various comedic death sounds. Like demoman's kaboom.

Offline SaintR.L.

• [☂]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 17, 2014, 10:51:14 am »
Huehuehue its not like Grunt Birthday party skull is on.

Offline Indreams

• Salutes: 105
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 17, 2014, 11:31:40 am »
I would make a multiplayer arena server where ships can drop in and drop out whenever they choose, similar to how PvP works in MMOs. A never-ending skirmish on the dunes would be very interesting.

I would make fungal jungle maps, inspired by the sea of decay in Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind. There would be poison clouds that affect crews (instead of ships). If I can manage it, I'd add a unique aggro system involving gigantic insects. Destroying ships, firing guns, and making a lot of engine noise would prompt insects to attach the ship.

And I'd add turrets. A stationary, destructible structures manned by AI gunners. It could be used for Attack-Defense maps or a GOIO MOBA!

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 17, 2014, 05:41:20 pm »
I would mod in handguns and gunner tools that let you attack another ship with firebombs/tommygun/pistol/Firework Rocket.
https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,3680.msg64429.html#msg64429
(please dont bump it)

I would also mod in Power up debries. Like in the middle of a deathmatch mode, there is a ship that you can board. Yes you board a broken floating ship that gives you loot, then it explodes when you take the loot and the loot is one time use random abilities like. Super Hydro. Super Kyrosine. Super Charged. Super Mallet. Etc just to give players that find the power up location first an advantage alsothe risk of leaving their ship to grab loot.

Oh and an undergun slot. Where there is a slot that takes you under the ship shooting down.
this can be at a form of explosive, mine, fire. On ships it would be most prevalent in such as Goldfish/Squid/spire/Pyra

Offline Replaceable

• Salutes: 84
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 17, 2014, 06:34:28 pm »
Upside down Artemis.

That up arc tho xD