Author Topic: Engineering Tricks and Hardcore Parkour (Video)  (Read 23463 times)

Offline Deltajugg

• Salutes: 16
    • [Rydr]
    • View Profile
Re: Engineering Tricks and Hardcore Parkour (Video)
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2014, 11:20:35 am »
Bunny hopping/jump movement-move around faster by spamming jump

Just officialy checked it, because there was some confusion around it. Turns out it doesn't actually work. Sorry for misleading you ._.  *hides in a corner*

Offline Alistair MacBain

• Salutes: 23
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 11:24:44 am »
Jup. Only reason to jump is to shorten ways. Like jumping above railings or on ladders.
But besides those shortcuts jumping is  just for fun.

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 13
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2014, 01:05:48 pm »
Oh well, it sure made me FEEL faster  :D

Offline Crafeksterty

• Salutes: 73
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2014, 02:07:48 am »
So to be fast, you want to be as precise with your movement as possible when cutting corners and reaching from point A to B.
But then there are few spots that get you stuck that need to be clerified.

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2014, 03:39:42 am »
I think I will make a separate video about repair circuits (except the squid one), because otherwise this video would just get longer and longer.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2014, 07:38:52 am »
I suggest mentioning that on the Goldfish while more difficult, the left side engine jump is the better one to do as it is more conducive to more repairs. Assuming both engines need some love itsstarting from left leaving on right instead of starting on right going to left and then leaving on right.

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 01:09:09 pm »
I suggest mentioning that on the Goldfish while more difficult, the left side engine jump is the better one to do as it is more conducive to more repairs. Assuming both engines need some love itsstarting from left leaving on right instead of starting on right going to left and then leaving on right.

Oh man, I saw that while I was 32% through exporting! I've added it in, thanks for the suggestion!

Just in time for Sunday, here's version 2! Steam Guide will be up as soon as I complete its YouTube embedding shenanigans. Unfortunately my Google-Fu was not strong enough to find a way to remove the video artifacts, my apologies. Also I forgot to thank all of you fellow forum engineers, so I've added an annotation and put you all in the description, my bad  ;D

http://youtu.be/z8OYa44EsTk

Edit: Accidentally pasted gunsoficarus.com instead of a video. Also, vote up the guide if you think it's good  :o
« Last Edit: May 17, 2014, 01:20:43 pm by vyew »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2014, 02:03:06 pm »
Looking good! A few little nitpicks though:

-On the Goldfish jump from the top deck down to the hull, you should be dropping down before you pass that rope, i.e. you should go down as soon as you're through the... Tunnel? That thing. It saves time over jumping down from right in front of the helm (also you should just be falling down, jumping costs a little bit of time).
-One of the examples you gave of grabbing guns while falling was with the Junker bottom guns. If you land on top of the gun instead, you can shift over and drop onto the bottom deck itself. Unfortunately I don't have a video on hand to show this, but it's not very hard to pull off.
-The Squid circuit looks good, though you're slightly slow on the starboard jump. Here's a little guide I did a while back for how I do the circuit, though I believe the angle on starboard is slightly different now (due to changes to engine collision boxes) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0fs0x_HXnzpblRrbHF6bFNVbU0/edit?usp=sharing

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2014, 10:33:13 pm »
Looking good! A few little nitpicks though:

-On the Goldfish jump from the top deck down to the hull, you should be dropping down before you pass that rope, i.e. you should go down as soon as you're through the... Tunnel? That thing. It saves time over jumping down from right in front of the helm (also you should just be falling down, jumping costs a little bit of time).
-One of the examples you gave of grabbing guns while falling was with the Junker bottom guns. If you land on top of the gun instead, you can shift over and drop onto the bottom deck itself. Unfortunately I don't have a video on hand to show this, but it's not very hard to pull off.
-The Squid circuit looks good, though you're slightly slow on the starboard jump. Here's a little guide I did a while back for how I do the circuit, though I believe the angle on starboard is slightly different now (due to changes to engine collision boxes) https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0fs0x_HXnzpblRrbHF6bFNVbU0/edit?usp=sharing

Noted, will add later today/tomorrow :D

Offline vyew

• Community Ambassador
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2014, 11:15:55 am »
Just updating the link to the 3rd version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xK9hOU92chE