Author Topic: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).  (Read 302336 times)

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
Re: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).
« Reply #75 on: March 20, 2013, 02:01:38 pm »
That sounds very legal-speaky up there.  I've seen in multiple areas on Steam and on the site here that Windows XP isn't "officially" supported.....even though it still happens to work.  Obviously if the creation of Adventure Mode breaks W XP support because it would otherwise be holding the game back, then by all means, go ahead and break it if GoIO will become a better game.  I'm just concerned about it a little as the new Kickstarter approaches.

Okay so I've been told you've been talking to some of our programmers.  I didn't mean it to be legal speak, I just didn't know what OSes were officially supported off the top of my head.  To be perfectly clear: XP and Vista are not supported, the minimum is Win7.  If you've been lucky to run the game now, you may continue to be lucky in the future.  Other than that, we can't really do anything about due to our limited testing capabilities. We'll do our best to troubleshoot with you as we have been but if you can upgrade it might be time to do so :(

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 20, 2013, 02:22:53 pm »
I see your info and thank you for quick response, but then the table is missing the "KE AM game" only, isn't it? I'm sure there's tons of people having the skirmish KS edition wanting the second one as well, isn't it? To them it isn't a very good deal, to have bought KS skirm game and now having to pay 60/80 USD again for "just KS AM" from their point of view...

Just to add, I'm not trying to be ungrateful or anything, I value the work you guys do highly and am personally considering one of the higher deals, I am just genuinely curious...

Good point.  We will now be offering KE AM (AM DLC and Dust Rider 2.0) for $20.  Spreadsheet updated.

Just make sure you have SM already...

Offline Clara Skyborn

• Salutes: 48
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2013, 03:02:54 pm »
A-ha! Secret island spotted on the map, so it's not secret anymore. And we know where Muse a gonna set their base with hangars and some rocket shafts!

I don't know what you're talking about. You didn't see anything.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2013, 04:14:06 pm »
A-ha! Secret island spotted on the map, so it's not secret anymore. And we know where Muse a gonna set their base with hangars and some rocket shafts!

I don't know what you're talking about. You didn't see anything.

Another A-ha, in thr Guild there's a secret place with no-name enclosed by a circle  o.O

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2013, 04:26:39 pm »
Another A-ha, in thr Guild there's a secret place with no-name enclosed by a circle  o.O

Circle or crater? Only the devs know the truth.

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2013, 04:42:41 pm »

Circle or crater? Only the devs know the truth.
Obivously, it's the crash site for where the rutabagas first hit Earth. Condemning the world to live in the dust

Offline Veffidia

• Salutes: 6
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 20, 2013, 10:36:09 pm »
Awesome - the spreadsheet is starting to look at bit better now.  Depending on my funds when it goes live, I'm either definitely going to try and get in on the KCE AM tier, or I'm ultimately going to have to just donate a smaller amount and buy the regular Collectors Edition for Adventure Mode later when I can better afford it.

Offline Helmic

• Salutes: 35
    • [NCNS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2013, 12:29:47 am »
Is it possible to provide a legend for all that alphabet soup?  Not all of us were a part of the original Kickstarter.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2013, 01:26:48 am »
Update 7 Up.

We are leaving for PAX East in the AM so updates will pause for a while unless I get wifi on the road.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2013, 05:59:41 am »
Hey awkm, is it even remotely possible for the kickstarter to include the long term but still inevitable ship-customization options?

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2013, 12:17:29 pm »
Yes a legend for what the acronyms mean would be nice, because I admit I am confused by a lot of it which is not hard to do in my case.  LOL

Offline Pinkamena Diane Pie

• Salutes: 3
    • [SMAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2013, 03:21:11 pm »
KE - Kickstarter Edition
KE Skirmish is the current game with the Dust Rider costume.
KE Adv is Adventure Mode with the Dust Rider 2.0 costume.

KCE - Kickstarter Collectors Edition
KCE AM is Adventure Mode, but with some extra costume selections.

KS in game tag is a tag (presumably visible to other players) that denotes Kickstarter donators of any level (except purchase of KE Adv only, apparently)

I think that's all of them.

Offline LordDon

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2013, 05:53:04 pm »
So if we already have the standard game purchased on Steam, we wouldn't need to purchase Skirmish. (unless we wanted the classic Dust Rider costume?  Would that work? or would that net us a second copy of the game?)  With the new KE Adv mode only selection we could jump straight to the Dust Rider 2.0 costume as long as we already have the standard game, correct?

Sorry for the pile of questions.

Offline Matiel

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2013, 05:56:38 pm »
CANNOT WAIT! Planes arrive and this game is my godsend.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2013, 06:10:24 pm »
If you are already playing the game (Skirmish mode) the cheapest way to get Adventure Mode is either First Flight (EB) or Back To The Skies at $20.

First Flight (EB or not) would bring your current game up to the Kickstarter Edition (Awkm will have to confirm if that backdates Dustrider, but I think it will).  You'd also get into the beta.

Back To The Skies would leave you current game as it is, but get you the Kickstarter Edition of Adventure Mode (presumably with Dustrider 2.0 - or is that Kickstarter Collectors Edition only?).  You wouldn't have access to the beta (which seems poorly thought out given that FF EB does for the same price and includes swag).

There are a couple of sensible options missing as I see it (thinking budget conscious and non-US residents)..
- something around $30 with single-player beta and both Skirmish and Adventure Mode Kickstarter Editions, none of the swag.
- something around $50-60 with single-player alpha, beta and Adventure Mode Kickstarter Collectors Edition, none of the swag.