Author Topic: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).  (Read 304407 times)

Offline Veffidia

• Salutes: 6
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode... it's coming (Kickstarter).
« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2013, 03:10:46 pm »
Oh, wow - Amazon makes things a lot easier.  I think I'm going to try and aim for KE Adventure myself, but the money might be a tight squeeze.....

Thanks for posting that list Hubert.

Whoever the character artist is that drew up all those outfits in the original post deserves a cookie along with their next paycheck~

Offline Cpt. Yami

• Salutes: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 19, 2013, 04:55:13 pm »
Got a question though.

All the items on the list, will those be added eventually at later date despite not earning the required funds through kickstarters? Because it would be a major shame since some of those items really sound interesting to be implemented (especially Player Economy and Exploration Mode).

Also, how much would you have to pledge to get the cloth map, can't seem to find it on the google doc.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 77
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
    • Notes for Next Century—n4n100
« Reply #47 on: March 19, 2013, 05:06:28 pm »
Got a question though.

All the items on the list, will those be added eventually at later date despite not earning the required funds through kickstarters? Because it would be a major shame since some of those items really sound interesting to be implemented (especially Player Economy and Exploration Mode).

Also, how much would you have to pledge to get the cloth map, can't seem to find it on the google doc.

If we don't reach the higher funding, basically we'll need to restructure how we release Adventure Mode.  Kickstarter is the best way for us to earn what we need to make this happen because everything is coming from fans, people who care about what we do, instead of publishers who have screwed us over in the past.

If we don't get to the 500k mark, we'll do something similar to DLC where everyone who backed will get a Season Pass.  We'd definitely like to keep it one big package instead of breaking things up so much.

As for things about 500k, that's really hard for us to tell in general.  We'll have to see if we can even get to feature complete first with a modified release strategy.  It's hard to estimate with that kind of restructuring.  Obviously, we want to get there.

All the more reasons why we need a lot of help on this one.

Cloth map and other 4 Swag items can be added for $30USD to any tier with additional $10USD for international shipping.  For an actual tier, the lowest cost is the Bells & Baubles where you get to choose 1 of any of Swag items at $100USD and $10USD international shipping.

Sorry, misread the question.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 05:46:41 pm by awkm »

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 05:54:03 pm »
Update 4 is up.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 19, 2013, 06:14:07 pm »
"The most important aspect of Adventure Mode is that this world is alive.  You may have seen these concept sketches before on our FB but without the proper context.  Each faction is like a country but their controlled territory is ever shifting based on what the players in each faction are doing.  And being like a country, each has its own distinct cultural characteristics.  Some of the costumes in Skirmish right now are closely associated with factions."

This reminds me of the conquest mode that Soul Caliber II arcade had. For years I have been posting about it and wanting someone to make something like it. Your version is more advanced. In SCII arcade the conquest mode had multiple kingdoms where players could ally with. Winning matches would affect the balance of power. You could eventually wipe out another kingdom. The mode would reset when there was only one kingdom left. But the fact that made it fun was it was all done by players who played the game on that cabinet. You would play them as AI but the AI would adjust it's play style to suit theirs. Each kingdom would have it's own heroes and such, the ones who fought more often. You'd get your name posted too for it.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 19, 2013, 06:16:19 pm »
AWKM, the epic engineer. As for this, I wish I had money to throw but I don't so..... Commence operation Emotional support.

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #51 on: March 19, 2013, 06:31:06 pm »
Yeah I do not have a lot of money right now, but would love to help test it out, and be a part of the beta testing and such for $20. That may be affordable to me right now. :)

Publishers seem to screw everyone over, they are pretty greedy. Sorry to hear that.

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 19, 2013, 06:40:54 pm »
Yeah I do not have a lot of money right now, but would love to help test it out, and be a part of the beta testing and such for $20. That may be affordable to me right now. :)

Publishers seem to screw everyone over, they are pretty greedy. Sorry to hear that.

Whatever help we can get is much appreciated.  Even if you don't have much to spare yourself, you can still help us buy telling as many people as you can when we launch.  The Early Birds are there for you guys so you can save some money and get some cool stuff as well.

The mode would reset when there was only one kingdom left. But the fact that made it fun was it was all done by players who played the game on that cabinet.

You don't understand how close this is to an idea we have for Adventure Mode.  It's a very different thing to do... and I don't speak for the team but personally I am very very interested in this kind of play.

Offline AquaMac

• Salutes: 7
    • View Profile
    • Winter Moon Entertaiment
« Reply #53 on: March 19, 2013, 06:57:04 pm »
I love the economy system in Eve online, where you can even buy a month subscription right online. As well there are no instances or separate servers like WoW, so everything is in one huge sandbox 24/7 where space can be owned. Maybe something like that in the Adventure mode, something like that? I like the International feel of this game, which WoW does not seem to have, but Eve online does. I prefer not to lose that when it goes adventure mode.

Offline Pickle

• Salutes: 42
    • [AeBr]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 19, 2013, 07:35:22 pm »
No monthly subscriptions, please.. .. ever.

Offline LordDon

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 19, 2013, 09:59:21 pm »
Don't mind me, I'm just refreshing this page every 10 minutes. :)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 19, 2013, 10:24:51 pm »
I'm so excited for this, if i can i would put a 100 dollars right now, but the life of a college student haunts me *sigh*. But no matter what i'll get a 20 in :)

Offline awkm

• Muse Games
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 19, 2013, 10:36:25 pm »
No monthly subscriptions, please.. .. ever.

Never.

I'm so excited for this, if i can i would put a 100 dollars right now, but the life of a college student haunts me *sigh*. But no matter what i'll get a 20 in :)

I hear you.  Don't worry though, you can always increase your pledge amount throughout the duration of the campaign.  Start hustlin' lol.

Update 5 posted.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 19, 2013, 10:42:06 pm »
If I had the money, I'd be stuffing it down your pockets right now...

Offline Dragmyre

• Salutes: 8
    • [CsM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 19, 2013, 10:46:31 pm »
Updates are looking splendid;  looking forward to when your campaign starts.

It would be quite interesting if someone did donate on Patron of the Air level.