Author Topic: Pyra being op?  (Read 108091 times)

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
Re: Pyra being op?
« Reply #165 on: September 06, 2013, 08:34:33 am »
As to the somewhat-off-topic conversation going on above...I think the whole "keeping them in your arcs while avoiding their arcs" is basically 90% of what learning to be a good pilot is all about. 5% is telling the other captains you're doing it, and the final 5% is listening to them do the same.

Except when your guns simply disallow you to do so I guess huh?

Offline Gambrill

• Salutes: 26
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 06, 2013, 08:59:25 am »
James, i found the Carronade and banshee is quite effective. with the disabling baloon, explosive damage + aoe (also good for hull damage) and fire stack chance it makes this quite a lethal build if you get a small ammount of time on a hostile.

Implying that your enemy is realy not that stupid, you won't be getting much time on them, the moment they activate Phoenix you have something like 3 seconds before they have arcs on you (If it's a Pyra, if It's a Junker it's even less), that's where you start to realize that maybe this loadout is good on paper and CAN perform, but in reality the prequisites for it to work properly almost never go according to plan against competent opponents cause they will abuse your weapon's disability to follow them lower or higher while you can't abuse the arcs of a gun like say.. the Gatling, that can aim through the freaking floor of a ship, you can't abuse the Gatling's arcs, but you abuse every single disabling weapon's arc very much.

Pheonix claw doesn't help a pyramidion if it's turning engines are damaged or broken. 

I'm guessing Gambril has been setting fire to those props and it's pretty hard for a pyra to pheonix claw, fix the hull, put out engine fires, repair engines and shoot both front guns; something has got to give and the pyra will either lose a gun to repairs or let you saunter into their blind spot.

Also if you plan on bringing carronades on your ship you should plan on bringing chute vent as well.  It's risky for your enemy to try to get below your carronade arc because it makes them that much closer to the ground.

mhmm it just feels as though im thought that i just fly around them not actually damaging them, like im throwing snowballs at someone with an assault rifle. And thats a nice idea with the chute vent too! :)

Offline Eukari

• Salutes: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 06, 2013, 12:53:11 pm »
As to the somewhat-off-topic conversation going on above...I think the whole "keeping them in your arcs while avoiding their arcs" is basically 90% of what learning to be a good pilot is all about. 5% is telling the other captains you're doing it, and the final 5% is listening to them do the same.

Except when your guns simply disallow you to do so I guess huh?

Then get better guns! (I kid, I kid)

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 06, 2013, 12:55:51 pm »
Buffing my balloon is my most important buff when I fly with carronades.