Author Topic: The New Competitive Scene  (Read 54292 times)

Offline Brick Hardcastle

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
Re: The New Competitive Scene
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2013, 08:19:29 am »
Ok, I've signed up The Bully Boys (I think). Fundamentally, we acknowledge that we can't play as many games as a larger clan, and are at an inherent disadvantage as far as the scoreboard is concerned. Still, we would like to play scrimmages against good teams, and at least get points for the games we can play.

When we are competing with BFS captains and mostly BFS crew, our team name will be Black Flight Squadron. When we are competing with Haven captains and mostly Haven crew, we are flying as Haven. When it's half and half, we compete as "The Bully Boys". This is just so TOs know how to neatly label us in tournaments and events.

I do this with a sense of resignation, but also with a sense of happiness that we'll get more opportunity to test out some of our newer captains and crew against good competition. This system is, I'll admit, in many ways more well thought out and simple than the old cesports system idea was. Though it would be nice if the system was 100% fair, I suppose we'll have to work with what we've got.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2013, 06:06:51 pm »
and are at an inherent disadvantage as far as the scoreboard is concerned.
Underdog bonus can get you 10 points a week ^^

Offline Brick Hardcastle

• Salutes: 12
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 22, 2013, 08:05:10 pm »
and are at an inherent disadvantage as far as the scoreboard is concerned.
Underdog bonus can get you 10 points a week ^^

Yes... if you play at least 5 scrims. However, if you're playing 5+ scrims a week then you're not a team that can't play often XD

If anything, it means that a clan that plays more often can get back into pole position even faster in the unlikely event it slips down the leaderboards.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 31, 2013, 10:41:23 pm »
So that's a point to Ducks and a point to Sky-Invading Rhinos from Cogs, I suppose.

Offline Skrimskraw

• Salutes: 160
    • [GwTh]
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 27, 2013, 10:10:40 am »
I changed what I could from corvus to Glowwater Thralls.

can someone with editing power fix the other tabs?