Author Topic: The New Competitive Scene  (Read 54229 times)

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: The New Competitive Scene
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2013, 11:48:19 am »
Ducks have two points but no skirmish record recorded?

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2013, 11:55:42 am »
The Paddling has had two scrimmages so far, but it seems like somebody's forgotten to record them.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2013, 06:08:34 pm »
Indeed. This is getting quite the issue.
So is nobody actually marking down teams or skirmish times here?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 12:02:40 am by Morbie »

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2013, 10:29:49 pm »
I'm half tempted to photoshop up an Unofficial Official Seal Of Approval From Sammy B T.

Oh yeah, and I'm excited for the thing and gl;hf.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2013, 12:19:17 am »
As far as I'm aware, some teams are waiting a bit before signing up and committing. I think they're waiting til the Q&A session on Friday to get a better understanding of the system you're creating. The sign-up list may be empty right now, but once you lay to rest whatever concerns people have, I'm sure you'll see the doc fill up with the expected names.

Also, I'm sure some people are waiting for someone else to be the first to sign up before committing.

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2013, 12:42:47 am »
Well the thing is, this is similar to the original Cesports which the majority of the teams voted down, cept for the Ducks. Ducks were the only ones really heavily pushing this. Rest had some very big concerns. Various reasons but one major one is folks do not think the game is in a state where it can do this. Will it be in the future? There was a consensus that it would. Why the Cesports changed into a concept which would eventually grow into this in the future but was only laying the foundations in the present.

Fair warning, you guys are going to be grilled quite hard on this. Dunno if I'll chime in or not. Sat through hours of a session the last time this was discussed. Not really up for that again. Myself I share same concerns Brick has so, I'll leave it at that.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2013, 12:53:28 am »
Well the thing is, this is similar to the original Cesports which the majority of the teams voted down, cept for the Ducks. Ducks were the only ones really heavily pushing this. Rest had some very big concerns.

We were no different from anybody else with regards to the CeSports system. We had a bunch of concerns that we discussed in the thread, just like every single other clan involved. Some of our members were fully behind the idea, but to say that we heavily backed it is a sweeping generalization.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2013, 01:50:28 am »
Yeah, I don't remember being in love with CE sports, however the new system alleviates a ton of the concerns I had with the old system.

Offline Squash

• Salutes: 71
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2013, 01:55:38 am »
Yeah I don't recall this Duck propaganda.

Offline Sammy B. T.

• Salutes: 154
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2013, 02:39:55 am »
I'm half tempted to photoshop up an Unofficial Official Seal Of Approval From Sammy B T.

Oh yeah, and I'm excited for the thing and gl;hf.

Any Unofficial Official Seal Of Approval From Sammy B. T. will recieve an Official Seal of Approval From Sammy B. T. This in turn would make it an Official Unofficial Official Seal Of Approval From Sammy B. T. with an Official Seal of Approval From Sammy B. T.

Concerning the Duckian position regarding Cesports. I recall the ducks being initially split on the issue. I remember Fluitaire and I had an hour long "discussion" about it one night, loads of fun. I am not sure how one can really say the Ducks were pushing heavily for it. Sure, we worked at figuring out how to best engage in the system that was supposed to be the future of GoI competitive gaming. But that aint heavy pushing in my book.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 09, 2013, 09:14:15 am »
Can we not muck up this thread with clan politics? This isn't my CA badge talking either. I'd much rather see criticism on the new system. You can point fingers in pm's.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2013, 03:30:32 pm »
so the dutchmen has 1 point since we defeated the gents?

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2013, 04:07:50 pm »
Well, it hadn't started yet but you'll get a point if you beat BFS tomorrow.

Offline Morbie

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 22
    • [Sexy]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2013, 04:55:12 pm »
so the dutchmen has 1 point since we defeated the gents?
It it was an agreed skirmish, or a tournament, then yes; send in a screenshot of the win.

I have also just added in the points from the spire tournament, which yes, was a part of this. We've been live since the original blog post.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2013, 05:00:07 pm »
if the spire tournament was part of the new competitive system, would the mini-rumble that was held the same day also count? (If so, that would be 4 points for MM, 2 points for FALCO for our respective wins. Was BO3 format)

Just to clarify, though, i thought the post about the new competitive scene went up after the spire tournament?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 05:04:37 pm by naufrago »