Author Topic: New Gun In The Works: Magma Weapon  (Read 93397 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
Re: New Gun In The Works: Magma Weapon
« Reply #105 on: August 17, 2013, 12:06:28 pm »
Are the weapons in the Concept Art area any indication?

Or are those abandoned projects?

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 17, 2013, 04:01:17 pm »
thats difficult to say really, the older the concept the less likely it'll probably be used as is in the game mostly because the game has evolved a couple of thousand times since we started, and mind you im' answering this specifically in terms of guns and nothing else.the reason is mostly because the old guns were designed with very very different gameplay and visual requirements in mind. but that doesn't really exclude us from using it as inspiration in some way shape or form eventually and making sort of a "version 2" of it that works in the game in its current form.  dont really think that answered your questioned since this was more just an overly complicated "maybe, maybe not" :P

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 17, 2013, 04:17:20 pm »
Well, thanks anyway!

Can't wait to use that hammer----

I mean Magma Weapon.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 17, 2013, 04:48:29 pm »
thats difficult to say really, the older the concept the less likely it'll probably be used as is in the game mostly because the game has evolved a couple of thousand times since we started, and mind you im' answering this specifically in terms of guns and nothing else.the reason is mostly because the old guns were designed with very very different gameplay and visual requirements in mind. but that doesn't really exclude us from using it as inspiration in some way shape or form eventually and making sort of a "version 2" of it that works in the game in its current form.  dont really think that answered your questioned since this was more just an overly complicated "maybe, maybe not" :P

Two minutes later: Sun cannon confirmed for 1.4

Offline TimTim LaBaguette

• Salutes: 8
    • [LBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 17, 2013, 07:50:58 pm »
well, the searchlight and crane really got me intrigued, but I guess it's more likely to see something like this in adventure than in skirmish.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 17, 2013, 07:56:01 pm »
Well, for the record I'd like to state I think the Galleon is very competitive right now, though I'd love to see more heavy weapons in the game.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 17, 2013, 07:58:34 pm »
The Galleon is competitive, but Heavy guns do need some variety so ships other than the Galleon can have some fun as well, especially the Goldfish, seeing as how the heavy gun is what you will be using 99.5% of the time on it.

I'd like to see a Heavy Flamer at some point in any shape or form, or a giant howitzer.. dunno.

Oh and the Tesla guns, why don't have such guns already?

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 17, 2013, 08:40:20 pm »

Giant howitzer...............

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 17, 2013, 09:04:19 pm »
its when you realize the "village killers" bullets were the size of people . . . then you realize how imbalanced that thing would be. it was pretty cool though cause you see the little i guess scaffolding on the side? when you reload you could see all the internal workings raising the next bullet into place and loading the canon. 

God Lamp to you sir! :P god knows if it'd ever make it into the game on a serious note (i am actually not teasing you . . believe it or not), but if it ever did from a gameplay point of view i'd figure it'd have to be some kind of alternative to the flamethrower , any beam weapon would be really. i always imagined you'd have to adjust the focal length of the of the beam according to the distance of the enemy ships to get the most out of it, and no reload, it'd just over heat with to much use. this is just me thinking out loud more then anything, its a  horribly complicated sounding weapon to implement though if it were to be.

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2013, 10:07:02 pm »

Where? When? How?

Offline Ccrack

• Salutes: 25
    • [duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 17, 2013, 10:46:00 pm »

God Lamp to you sir! :P god knows if it'd ever make it into the game on a serious note (i am actually not teasing you . . believe it or not), but if it ever did from a gameplay point of view i'd figure it'd have to be some kind of alternative to the flamethrower , any beam weapon would be really. i always imagined you'd have to adjust the focal length of the of the beam according to the distance of the enemy ships to get the most out of it, and no reload, it'd just over heat with to much use. this is just me thinking out loud more then anything, its a  horribly complicated sounding weapon to implement though if it were to be.

what about a still short range flamer, that does a bit more damage and arcs downwards like its spraying liquid fire that pours on to ships below you

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 17, 2013, 11:09:53 pm »
What? Fire? Have it do shatter damage with rapid rate of fire, low damage but high dps, and a medium-short range. Like a merc but a bit shorter range and not an armor piercer.

Also, in adventure mode, sieges could be developed around trying to get a howitzer carrier into range of a city and ready to fire. Deploying a howitzership would take 10 minutes or so, so defenders would need to take it out.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 11:12:19 pm by Keon »

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2013, 11:20:10 pm »
sounds like i should stick some "village killers" on boss ships in adventure mode huh

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2013, 11:24:48 pm »
Really cool loading animations with particle effects plz

Offline Saull

• Salutes: 4
    • [☥Ra☼]
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 19, 2013, 01:06:58 am »
any quotes on how this new gun might work? personally my dream mechanics would have it be a low to moderate damage, semi precision weapon that lets me put fire stacks on specific components. i feel like i dont get to see enough weapons put out of commission due to the fire disable anymore.