Author Topic: Mobula component layout  (Read 29114 times)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
Re: Mobula component layout
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2013, 11:49:55 am »
I personally don't see the need to have a buff-gineer on the ship at all.

The ship is a glass cannon. It needs buffgineers to give it extra firepower and a bit of additional survivability.

Offline Demigo

• Salutes: 3
    • [URG]
    • View Profile
    • Unknown Random Guys
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2013, 12:14:05 pm »
Buffing the hull is proportionate. The hull armor is so low that buffing barely adds anything. If you want a buff-gineer I recommend replacing you gunner with one. At this point your running with 2 main engineers in each hallway and a buff-gineer/ gun-gineer running around the whole ship.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2013, 12:45:51 pm »
Would it be possible to add a window in the back of the captain's cabin? I often find my self wasting both time and effort trying to back up. I have to rely on my gunner and engineers to tell me where I'm going.

look through the ballroom windows behind the pilot and rotate the mob slightly alternating left and right can help

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2013, 01:03:05 pm »
I get stuck on the ladder after getting off the gun all the time. I think it is my Pyramiddion engineer habit of backing up while turning to get the balloon. Anyway the "Nightmare" and "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" is just Hyperbole. The Mobula needs some work. Crewing on it is interesting, but not as much fun as it could be.

Offline Andrej Peribosky

• Salutes: 4
    • [MAF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2013, 01:04:48 pm »
. i only have AI to work with and somehow, somehow adding the ladders has made them even stupider -_-; you should see some of the drunken paths these guys take.

Cant you flag the new ladders as player only?
Currently the AI on mobula is extremely bad it renders the ship completely unplayable with even one AI.
I have to mount flares on most of the ship so that the AI gunners doesnt run all the way around the place.
Engineer AI is just impossible, by the time they get to the hull, you are dead.
I strongly think the bottom AI engineers needs to stay in one hallway and never move from there. Probably not easily codable though...
If only we could manually set priorities or schedules for AI... :P

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2013, 01:16:20 pm »
Anyway the "Nightmare" and "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" is just Hyperbole. The Mobula needs some work. Crewing on it is interesting, but not as much fun as it could be.

of course, one reason either way why we dont want to get ahead of ourselves :P we might accidentally make it far to easy to repair and all of a sudden the ship becomes ridiculously over powered >>;

as for ai, i can only build paths for them, which means if the ai is overall more horrible with ladders i'll just rid of those paths  leading to the ladders, its mostly a "is this doing more harm then good" for them, pretty much theirs some cases that are better and some that are worse. but theres literally no way i can tell them whats important, and whats not, or stay on this side of the ship if your here.

Offline Andrej Peribosky

• [MAF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2013, 01:57:35 pm »
Anyway the "Nightmare" and "Cruel and Unusual Punishment" is just Hyperbole. The Mobula needs some work. Crewing on it is interesting, but not as much fun as it could be.

of course, one reason either way why we dont want to get ahead of ourselves :P we might accidentally make it far to easy to repair and all of a sudden the ship becomes ridiculously over powered >>;

I think the most fun part of the ship as a pilot is having the possibility to mount the top gun.
I think that if that possibility is removed without increasing ship defense, it will become an underpowered ship much like the spire.
I know you want to get it fixed, but really its fun to use. You have to know WHEN to go up there, and multiple times i have lost arc on three guns just to shoot a flare shot while mounting up.
It leads to interesting decisions and is the only ship where a pilot can fire.
Even if it means leaving that gun up means engineering will not be made easier.

The second part that i like most of the ship is that it has a good turning speed but low acceleration. It means that if you start the turn early, you can complete very nice maneuvers, but you have to pay attention and react early, or most of the time, react BEFORE you actually need to turn.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2013, 02:08:09 pm »

??????

How can you forget about the Spire trifecta (or as I prefer to call it the Spire Quackfecta).

Run on over ping pang pew to save the day and back on the helm to steer through the disintegrated splintered hull of your vanquished foe.

Offline Andrej Peribosky

• [MAF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2013, 02:59:33 pm »

??????

How can you forget about the Spire trifecta (or as I prefer to call it the Spire Quackfecta).

Run on over ping pang pew to save the day and back on the helm to steer through the disintegrated splintered hull of your vanquished foe.

I have never even considered boarding a spire... and probably never will
Half the times my team mate has a spire i will quit the match. And every time the enemy has one, i will charge them blindly.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2013, 03:01:30 pm »

??????

I have never even considered boarding a spire... and probably never will
Half the times my team mate has a spire i will quit the match. And every time the enemy has one, i will charge them blindly.

It used to be the only ship I actively refused to crew on. Not anymore. Now it's one of two ships I avoid.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2013, 03:32:02 pm »
Well, hold on one second guys.  The Spire may be made out of tissue paper; but the ability to leverage that much firepower from forward facing gun mounts that can be moved in and out of combat, can not be understated.

It's the Spire pilot's job to know where to position that firepower, so that they can leverage the dps to maximum effect while avoiding damage themselves.  It's also ideal to have an ally that can block for the Spire. 

A well crewed Spire working with a good ally will often kill a charging opponent before they're even in range of the Spire leaving a quick 2v1 to focus down.

That being said, the Spire may not be entirely as competitive as other ships and you may not be seeing one any time soon in the cogs, but it's far from the disaster that you guys are making it out to be.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2013, 03:35:04 pm »
I remember a certain Spire assisting in the win of the 3v3 tourney. It can't be all that useless.

It does get harder in the 2v2 scenario though. Not impossible by any stretch.

Offline Demigo

• Salutes: 3
    • [URG]
    • View Profile
    • Unknown Random Guys
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2013, 03:39:20 pm »
The spire is probably one of the best ships I've ever flown. You guys severely under estimate it's power. If you get a chance stop by one of the Baptism by Spire Practice lobbies and you'll see just how powerful they are!

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2013, 03:43:14 pm »
The spire is probably one of the best ships I've ever flown. You guys severely under estimate it's power. If you get a chance stop by one of the Baptism by Spire Practice lobbies and you'll see just how powerful they are!
The problem with spires have never been their power, it's been their entire "made-out-of-tissue-paper" thing. It's tough to use them well in a 2v2 setting, much more lenient in 3v3 as we saw the winning team use it to high effect.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2013, 03:43:44 pm »
Oh no, I don't underestimate its power at all. It's an extremely potent ship in the right hands.

I hate it because people make me go main engi on it. Honestly, I'd rather spend half an hour sitting in the lobby.