Author Topic: Ideas for new pilot abilities  (Read 24689 times)

Offline RomanKar

• Salutes: 14
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
Ideas for new pilot abilities
« on: July 17, 2013, 05:58:46 pm »
I'd like to see some sort of short term stealth.  Maybe it damages the hull armor while active?

Or maybe instead of a kick function, the captain gets an eject button for those particularly annoying crewmen.

Offline Barujin

• Salutes: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Ideas for new pilot abilities
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 06:01:30 pm »
LOL @ everyone throwing each other from the ship. :D

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 11:35:30 pm »
here's mine

1) a keel haul tool
2) ignitable tar clouds

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2013, 02:02:35 am »
Self Destruct mode. So when you are about to blow up and an enemy is at close range, you can hit self destruct mode and severely cripple them.

Impale the powder monkey mode. Sticks one of the extra powder monkeys that joined on the bow of your ship. Increases ramming effectiveness by 200%.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2013, 02:30:36 am »
I actually always thought it'd be cool to have a pilot ability that'd let you powerslide.

The only problem is that it's not useful enough in and of itself but maybe if it added a short but powerful speedboost at the end of the slide a la mariocart it would get some serious use.

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2013, 03:48:58 am »
I once thought of something like a heatsink tool for the pilot could be useful. It reduces stacks of fire on your ship or would make the engines invulnerable to fire. That tool would only make sense though if your up against a lot of fire power.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2013, 10:06:16 am »
I like the keel haul idea, mua hahahaha! How does that work on am airship though? You could just dangle them from a rope and fly around, occasionally teabagging them with the ground.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2013, 10:20:24 am »
I still like the idea of a anchor that would stabilize your ship in windy environments or when rammed.

Offline Captain Smollett

• Salutes: 122
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2013, 11:28:33 am »
I still like the idea of a anchor that would stabilize your ship in windy environments or when rammed.

Got one already.  It's called Moonshine.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2013, 11:32:40 am »

Got one already.  It's called Moonshine.

Beat me to it.

I don't run Impact Bumpers on my ramming build solely because of moonshine's effectiveness at stabilizing.

Offline Rainer Zu Fall

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 26
    • [Prof]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2013, 11:33:04 am »
Jack...no. No keel haul tool please.
I have to say that I like the idea of tar being on fire BUT only if it does temporary damage when flying through it, not setting things on fire. Furthermore those grafic effects sure won't help the stability of the network...

The anchor would be quite a nice idea as for the harpoon. You shoot the harpoon on a ship and afterwards shoot it on something (like another ship or your surroundings?) so the first ship get's attached to whatever. Would make the harpoon quite interesting again I think.

Swizy, a heatsink tool to reduce the ship's component's ignitability (is that a real word?) does exist. It is called chem spray and should be used by engineers.

Offline Swizy

• Salutes: 20
    • [T.Pr]
    • View Profile
    • FacePunch
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2013, 12:03:49 pm »

Swizy, a heatsink tool to reduce the ship's component's ignitability (is that a real word?) does exist. It is called chem spray and should be used by engineers.

Oh I didn't knew that, my mistake. But why then are you able to buff engines if you can use kerosine? Let the engineer do the work I say!

Na let's be serious. With the new fire update it wouldn't be that useless. There would be penalties of course. such as less manouverability or speed decrease. You wouldn't be able to extinguish but maybe decreasing ingitability (I think it's a real word) chances or fire will be harder to get stacked.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2013, 12:11:11 pm »
too bad touching anything gun-related would be way more balance-heavy than engines or balloon.

Offline Zenark

• Salutes: 41
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2013, 12:15:04 pm »
This wouldn't be a tool that would occupy a slot, but I want a button I can press, on helm, that detaches any harpoons my ship has hooked on another ship.  Makes it so if the rope puts us in a bad position, click, freedom! Also makes it so a troll doesn't screw us, though I've never experienced that since I don't use harpoons.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2013, 12:19:15 pm »
This wouldn't be a tool that would occupy a slot, but I want a button I can press, on helm, that detaches any harpoons my ship has hooked on another ship.  Makes it so if the rope puts us in a bad position, click, freedom! Also makes it so a troll doesn't screw us, though I've never experienced that since I don't use harpoons.
I support this. The harpoon is so tied to captain's flying that it'd be really convenient to have it released at the exact right moment. Even while a gunner can do this, it is still a few seconds away from him firing and thus being useful. :P