Author Topic: The Skies have no Limit  (Read 231071 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: The Skies have no Limit
« Reply #225 on: November 05, 2013, 03:53:25 pm »
--Crimson Sky Saloon, Chang-ning--

--One week ago--

A few days had past when Yiski realized Roland and Ny-Lee had suddenly left him and Lauren in charge of the Crimson Sky Saloon. The two had run the saloon smoothly. It wasn't like Yiski had lost a single step in how to run a saloon after a few years travelling around.

Being able to run a saloon again also allowed Yiski to make new batches of Hellfire. Yes, Roland had been taught how to make Hellfires, but Roland had yet gain the experience of the true Hellfire i.e. 'You only have one if you're smart enough.'

It didn't take long before the patrons (and by extension local doctors) to learn the difference between Roland's and Yiski's Hellfires.

--Two days ago--

Zill showed up in the saloon with his signature mask and Jun'ko following close behind. Jun'ko went and immediately hugged Lauren and the two of them headed off into a corner of the saloon. Zill sat himself at the bar.

[Zill]
"I see the kids are still out. Surprised you didn't go with them."

[Yiski]
"Thought about chasing after them, but skies, I do miss running a saloon."

[Zill]
"You could always join me for a few raids. None of the new guys have your aim."

Yiski let out a huff and the two left. Yiski handed Zill a mug of Hellfire. The two were motionless and silent for a bit when Yiski spoke.

[Yiski]
"So, why are you really here? Usually you stop by when you've got a couple supplies to drop off, but I didn't see anything with you. Don't tell me the mighty Zill couldn't get a successful raid?!"

Zill snorted when hearing Yiski's last sentence made in an overly dramatic tone.

[Zill]
"Feh, you wish. But you're right. I don't usually come in without anything to show. The thing is.... I need a favor. I need..."

Yiski then put his hand up.

[Yiski]
"Wait! Let me guess."

Yiski put his right hand up to his chin and his left hand underneath his right arm. Moments went by and Zill started to get a bit impatient.

[Zill]
"Yiski, I don't have time for your bull...."

[Yiski]
"You want new weapons."

Zill was surprised. Not because it was what he wanted. Actually, it was the farthest thing from his mind.

[Zill]
"Actually, I needed... you know what... nevermind. I do want a new weapon."

[Yiski]
"Just one? I did say weapons. As in more than one. Well, more like two."

Zill stared at Yiski. If there was one thing Zill didn't miss, it would probably be Yiski's ability to annoy him. Yiski felt some underlying spite from Zill and laughed and yelled over to Lauren.

[Yiski]
"You good watching the place a bit love? I'm gonna show Zill something."

[Lauren]
"Really? I mean.... is it ready for use?"

[Yiski]
"No clue, but I figured Zill can give is a good testing."

Lauren sighed with caused both Jun'ko and Zill to express (at least obviously from Jun'ko) some concern. Before Zill had a chance to inquire further, Yiski headed towards the front and Zill was quick to follow.

[Zill]
"Where we headed?"

[Yiski]
"Out."

Yiski hailed a carriage and got in with Zill, sighing.

--Outside of Chang-ning--

An hour had past and Zill noticed they were outside the city limits. The carriage had stopped and the two got out. Zill wasn't surprised in the least that there was nothing around them.

[Yiski]
"Come on. We gotta make the rest of the way on foot."

Ten minutes later, Zill was about ready to kill Yiski. The two had been walking for what Zill believed to be in no particular direction. Zill's impatience started getting to him.

[Zill]
If I kill him here, then nobody would know where to find the body. And it's not like I can't live out in the canyons for the rest of my life.

Just as Zill reached down for his handcannon, Yiski stopped. Zill looked around and found a small, relatively fortified building.

[Zill]
"This is?"

[Yiski]
"A place I retreat to when I'm bored."

As the two got closer to the building, Zill got a whiff of steel and gunpowder. It gave Zill a slight chill down his spine. Yiski plus secluded building plus gunpowder equals fun times.

Yiski unlocked the door and the two entered. Immediately, Zill noticed three things. First, the inside was modeled exactly like the armory back in Anvala. Second, he noticed two guns or at least he thought one of them did.

One gun look fairly bulky with a short barrel. The housing curved back toward the controls. Next to it, Zill noticed some fairly large rockets.

The not-looking-like-a-gun looked more like a launcher of sorts. Around the base of the launcher, Zill saw a few mines with balloons attached.

The third thing Zill noticed was the wide grin on Yiski's face.

[Zill]
"The hell are those?!"

[Yiski]
"Well, the don't have a name yet."

[Zill]
"What do they do?"

[Yiski]
"Fun things."

[Zill]
... ... ...

[Yiski]
"I think it's better to show you the fun."

*Cue montage of Yiski and Zill going crazy with the hades and mine launcher.*

After thirty minutes (and numerous smoldering targets) later, Zill simply looked over to Yiski.

[Zill]
"Bored, huh?"

[Yiski]
"Yup."

[Zill]
"How soon before I can take these?"

[Yiski]
"How about now?"

Zill laughed to himself. Yiski needed to be bored more often.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2013, 04:59:12 pm »
Cathedral

Somewhere in the city

Arms interlocking with one another, Shen and Liu takes in the sights of the neutral capital. As they walk pass the many buildings, they marvel as how much of the city has incorporated and mix each of the six factions architecture styles making them a separate part from where they originated. Exotic Chaladonion structures mixed with oriental Yeshan style  to the simplicity of Arashi combined with the classiness of the Baronies.  Each building is different and none are the same marking why Cathedral is the central of everything and in the eyes of tourist and politicians everywhere.

"Wow, I always dreamed of coming here, never thought it would be this beautiful. Some building s here may even rival the Emperor's Palace." commented Liu.

"Could have been under different circumstance, but yes Cathedral is amazing. And heck it can even rival out own mansion." replied her husband.

The two laugh from the joke and co time their stroll around the city. From time to time they stop and look through the windows of many shops and look at there wares. They entered a couple of stores when ever something caught their eye from the outside. But with their limited amount of money on them at the moment, the couple decides to look and not buy. 

After exiting another store, a furniture store this time, the two walk out. Looking back behind her, Liu says to her husband, "Shame we can't get much now. Hmm I hope most of the things that Azn bought is still in good shape after that incident."

"I bet it's fine. But I think I know what can cheer you up, how about a little lunch?"

"I am a bit hungry, so what do you want to eat?"

"Well we haven't tried Chaladoion cuisine. I bet there are a few restaurants here that serve that."

"Chaladonion it is. Come on, I'm getting famished just thinking about it."

"haha, alright let's go." 

Northern Docks

Just a few berths away from Syá and crew, Courage and Charles finally reach the Starlight. Coming aboard the Goldfish the two start their check with the rifles. Disassembling their own and Althea's, the two quickly go through with the major components for any defects. Satisfied, they return the the rifles back to their position on the rack and takes out BdrLine's. Charles and Courage simply stares at the weapon wondering how to disassemble it.

Scratching his head, Charles ask to Courage, "Do you know how to take BdrLine's rifle apart?"

"No clue, he's the only one who does the cleaning."

"Ugh, didn't he say that the old Commander and him made this? Why does it have to be this hard to open it!" says Charles as he throws his hand in the air.

"Well you just said it. It was made by Yiski annd BdrLine, you know how they are with their builds. With both of they on this one gun, it's not going to be that simple."

"Well we just let him handle his weapon. Come we got the rest of the ship to look over. I'll check the weapons and our ammo supply, you go and check the engines and the radio equipment. We both know I'm lost when I go back there."

Laughing, Courage moves towards the back and calls back to Charles, "You are right about that."

"Oh just shut it you."

Just down from them, the engine problem onboard the Ny-Lee's Comet is still not fixed. Black smoke is still coming out from the broken engine. On Syá's ship, she and Pai are finishing up their checkup. Looking over her shoulder, Syá shakes her head because of the smoke and turn to Chung.

"Lieutenant, can you go over and check what's taking so long."

"On it Ma'am."

Moving to the gangplank and off the first Pyramidion, Chung closes the small distance between the two ships and board the second Pyramidion. There he sees that all three of them, Lau, Pān, and Wèi, and at the broken engine arguing with one another on how to fix it.

Lau, "I'm telling you guys I bet it's one of the hydraulics."

Pān, "No disrespect to you sir, but the hydraulic system won't combust into ths much of smoke. Its the ignition system."

Wèi, "Both of you guys are wrong, I was the one fixing this engine I think I would now what's the problem with it."

Lau, " oh really, so tell me Petty Officer, what is the problem."

Wèi, "Ummm."

Lau, "See."

Pān, "Well I don't see you coming up with a solution."

Lau, " Hey I'm still the Officer here."

Wèi, "Yeah, an Ensign who graduated a few months from the Academy. While Pān and I have a few years with us."

The three then continue bicker with one another oblivious to the fourth person on board. With a small cough to get their attention, the three quickly turn in surprise and sees Chung.

"Oh Chung, scared the crap out of us." says Lau.

"Well yes, I have a reputation of that. The Commander has sent me to see what's taking so long with the engine repair. What I can see is that it is still not fixed."

"Sir we are still trying to figure out what is the problem with it. So far the three of us can't find the source." replied Wèi.

"Here, let me see."

Chung moves towards the smoking component where Pān hands a bag of tools to the Second Lieutenant. Rolling up his sleeves and pulling out some tools, he begins working on it. Thirty minutes later, the smoke clears  and Chung closes the metal plate. Stunned, the three looks at each other and back to Chung.

"Chung, how you figure out what was wrong?" Lau asks.

"I didn't, I just replaced everything inside. Problem solved. Now can you guys finish with the check up?"

"On it."

"Right away sir." replied both Pān and Wèi.

As the two goes back on their check, Lau moves to Chung and pats on his back.

"See, don't we make a great team."

Rolling his eyes, Chung brushes Lau hand off and says to him, "Yeeah, great team. Just make sure the Captain's ship is ready."

Chung then walks off and back to Lightning where he's sees that Syá and Pai sitting on barrels talking to each other. Syá sees him boards and says to him, "So all fixed?"

"Yes Ma'am, they are almost finish with the rest of the check up."

"Chung you don't have to say formalities, loosen up a little. And that's an order." she says with a laugh.

"Yes Ma'a.. I mean yes."

This causes Syá to laugh a little harder and a chuckle to come out of Pai.

"Oh you learn soon enough, come on have a seat. We deserve a break."

Finding and moving a barrel to the pair, Chung sits and listen as the two talk to one another.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 12, 2013, 02:42:24 am »
--Garrow, Market Square--

Amelia wandered about, checking stall after stall, she picked up a few trinkets here and there, mostly a few books, a locket, and a strange six sided cube, the stall keepers were a strange bunch, all of them taking over from where the other had left off. With a bag in hand she continued off into the market, she looked at more stalls wondering if she buy something else, maybe some extra clothes.

Amelia
"Oof."

She looked up to see the captain looking at her.

Amelia
"Oh."

Alex
"Hi there."

He was not really confused, sort of pleasantly surprised, mostly because she wasn't asleep. Of course he gave her a bit of space before continuing.

Alex
"So enjoying town?"

Amelia
"I guess, when do we leave though?"

Alex
"In about 3 hours, I'd recommend getting back to the inn, maybe you'll run into the rest of the crew."

Amelia
"I think I'll hang around the market place for a while longer, I'll make sure to be back at the inn before we leave."

Behind them Richard was dealing with a vendor.

Richard
"Alright, let me get this straight, you won't sell me this case of ammunition because I don't have ID?"

Vendor
"That is the case."

He points to the case.

Richard
"Are you mocking me?"

Vendor
"Yes, yes I am, that'll be 200 crowns."

--On the other side of the market--

The crew was having a great time, considering the previous days events. They wandered about the market place, picking up objects of fancy, some clothes here and there, tools of the trade, Preston ended up outside a blacksmiths stand, the workshop standing behind it, where the smith pounded away at pieces of metal, a few assistants milling about, either working on their own projects or resting in the shade outside of the work area. One of the assistants noticed him and bounded over, a towel around his neck and a cup water in his hands.

Smith
"Name's Smith, what can I do for ya?"

Preston looked behind him, some of the others had joined him, looking around at the other stalls nearby, Phillip from the looks of it was picking up a box small canisters. He took one out and examined it for a moment before conversing with owner.

Smith
"Ahem"

Preston turned back to assistant, he was looking bored and drumming the stalls surface as he waited.

Preston
"Sorry about that, hmm."

He began looking through the wares displayed on the counter, mostly light armor pieces that seem to fit over clothing, a few small blades here and there, however the back wall was covered with blades of unusual size. One of them was rather different from the rest and he wanted a closer look at it.

Preston
"Can I take a look at that one?"

Smith
"Of course ya can, here let me get it down for ya."

He pulled it down from its resting place passing it to Preston, upon further examination he found it wasn't a blade at all but rather, something.

Preston
"And this is?"

Smith
"Well put it simply it's just a block of metal, specifically, steel."

Preston
"And I'd buy this why?"

Smith just shrugged.

Smith
"Don't know, cheap though, 10 crowns it's yours."

Preston just stared at the object, was 10 crowns really worth it though? He stared at some of the other objects lying on the counter, he didn't really know what he was looking for, it was mostly just piles of sharp, polished metal. On the other side of the counter from him he saw a coat, it was similar to the one he lost a few days back, he loved that coat, he tried it on and it fit rather nicely, it was a simple leather jacket down to his waste, a decent amount of pockets made it rather utilitarian, finding it to his liking he looked at Smith again.

Preston
"How much for the coat?"

Smith
"50 crowns."

Preston
"I'll take it."

Without even thinking he set 60 on the counter, took the coat, and sped off to join the other, metal block in hand.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 121
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile: Macmacnick
« Reply #228 on: January 15, 2014, 02:47:44 am »
--Above the Middle Plains, heading towards Cathedral--

A formation of Mobula-class airships approaches Cathedral, each bearing banners that hang down past its balloon, all with the same strange icon: a flame within a golden circle resembling a plate, with an oven in the center. The Formation is flanked by pyramidion-class airships with the same icon on their balloons. At the center is a Goldfish-type airship, with the icon on its balloon.

--Cathedral Walls--

A guard notices this formation with his spyglass and gets his superior.

Guard
"Captain, I think you might want to see this..."

The Captain of the guard gets his spyglass and points it in the direction indicated.

Captain of the Guard
"This should be Interesting... I shall notify the City officials immediately."

--Cathedral Docks, Airship Traffic Control--

*A Radio crackles to life*
"Cathedral, this is Captain Mac, of the VSS Crii'c'et, requesting permission to dock."

Traffic Controller
"How many ships do you need to dock?"

Captain Mac
"Seventeen, six pyramidions, along with ten mobulas and a Goldfish"

Traffic Controller
"Hmm... Lets see... I can Barely fit you all in the docks, as we're nearly full."

Mac
"Very well then, and be prepared for more people to come from our group later on."

Traffic Controller
"...Okay. Anyways, Please proceed to Section C, Subsection two, Docks nine to twenty-six."

Mac
"Very well then, will do."

(OOC: Pastry Time, teehee)

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2014, 02:13:02 am »
--Cathedral Customs Office--

Sergeant Redmond
"...And you're saying this fleet is requesting docking clearance?"

Militia Officer
"Yes sir, I don't really know what they want but they haven't fired on us yet."

Sergeant Redmond
"Still, 17 vessels is a lot, and I've never seen vessels like those before, Pyramidions and that Goldfish yes, but those blob like ones are new to me."

The door to the militia section of the customs house opened to reveal Lieutenant Daniels walk in, a clipboard in hand.

Daniels
"We've managed to direct them to somewhat empty moorings, I still want to question them on their motives however."

Redmond
"If you must, I'd rather not threaten them though, if you want answers so much then figure it out yourself, I've got enough to worry about as it is."

Militia Officer
"If I may?"

The two of them looked at the third officer who had been sitting with them. Daniels motioned for him to continue.

Officer
"I think we should direct them to HQ, have their fleet registered, while we're at it we could "Inquire" about why they're here."

Redmond looked to Daniels for a second.

Redmond
"I like it, get to it."

Officer
"Yes sir."

With a smart salute he exited the office. Daniels slumped further into his chair, obviously tired from a long days work. Outside fewer Guards then what they were used to roamed the streets of Cathedral, though the guard was recovering, they still faced shortages in manpower in certain districts, most notably the residential district, where crime has been on a rise lately, and a few select locations outside the city walls. Everyone was tired by this point, but there wasn't much they could do about other then what they've been doing.

Redmond
"So, what's been eating you?"

Daniels
"It's strange really, when you think about it, the only forces that should have been affected were the Naval branch of the Militia, it was the ships that got hit, not the city, but when the casualty reports came in, a lot more ground officers were reported dead or wounded then possible, I lost a lot of friends during the attack, it's almost impossible to think that an attack of that scale could have been pulled off without any prior warning."

Redmond
"No other words to describe it I guess..."

Redmond sighed, he took two wine glasses from his desk and a bottle of '92 Vintage Cathedral, he poured into both glasses and passed it over to Daniels.

Redmond
"A bit a late isn't it?"

Daniels
"A little late is better then never."

They dinged their glasses together.

Daniels
"To fallen friends, may the winds carry you home, wherever you go, go with our love, and our hopes, so that maybe one day, when all is said and done, we can meet again."

They both downed their glasses and set them down on the desk.

Redmond
"May they never be forgotten. I have work to get to, you should probably get back to your duties now."

Daniels
"Probably, that felt good though."

Redmond
"We may never bring them back, but skies above, we'll make sure their sacrifice isn't in vain."

Daniels gave a small smile.

Daniels
"Damn right."

With a solemn farewell they returned to their duties, a bit more determined then before.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2014, 03:17:29 am »
--Cathedral Docks--

After proceeding to the docking bays, and a few Ad-hoc docking maneuvers later, the fleet successfully docks at the ports. Later, Captain Mac and three others set out to find accommodations. But, before they could leave the docks, they are confronted by a Cathedral Militia officer.

Militia Officer
"Are you Captain Mac?"

Mac
"Yes, I am."

Militia Officer
"If you so could, could you come with me to Customs Headquarters?"

Mac
"What is the reason for which you want us to come to Customs?"

Militia Officer
"Cathedral's Customs department wants you and your fleet to be registered, due to the suddenness that you came upon us, and the unusual airship designs you and your fleet possess would, if registered, be able to be accommodated in the future if registered, as the process requires a schematic of the airship model, if the airship is of unknown make.

Mac
"Very well then, we shall register our fleet."

Mac motions for the rest of the group to come with him.

--Catedral Customs Headquarters--

After filling out and submitting all the required paperwork for registration, Mac turns to head out and finds his path blocked by a man possessing an air of authority.

Lieutenant Daniels
"So, you must be Captain Mac, of the VSS Crii'c'et."

Mac
"Yes, that I am."

Daniels
"The city government was quite intrigued regarding how you and your fleet appeared out of nowhere, and as such, were inquiring about your motives of coming to Cathedral."

Mac
"Although our ships bear extensive armaments, we do not come to instigate conflict. We are just a tier two diplomatic envoy."

Daniels
"Tier two envoy? Tier two envoy out of what?"

Mac
"Tier two out of five, with tier one being the largest. We came to Cathedral to seek out a hub for trade, we also are seeking to establish a embassy here, to begin to establish relations with other independent cities along with other nations. We are doing this now, as our homeland, the great bakery in the mountains, is eventually going to be threatened by the Yeshan Empire, due to the Empire's proximity to our mountain home."

Daniels
"Well then, you can use this city as a trade hub; to establish an embassy here, though, you would have to go through the city's council and get it approved. Oh, and what exactly did you say your faction's name was?"

Mac
"Cake."

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2014, 07:09:02 pm »
The peaceful atmosphere over Cathedral was that of its usual characteristics; the bustling Docks, full to bursting with ships. Trading ships, war galleys, the lot. Tradesmen and Mercenaries alike tried to drum up trade from the passing crowds of sailors and citizens. Until 2 quick, light pitched buzzes passed over the city at immense speed. The Squids were lightly armored and possessed no weapons; built for speed. A few scrapes and cracks garnished their Hulls, and a few burn marks aswell. For about 15 seconds they circled the docks in unison, before stopping, lowering towards the city and remaining staionary.

Guardsman 1 : "What on earth now?!. More of that new fleet you think?"

Guardsman 2 : "Cant be. Their too late and the Docks are already full, i dont know why their there."

Both Guardsmen pulled out Spyglasses and glared at the 2 vessels... For only a few seconds later a battered and broken Galleon, With a dragon figurehead also joined the squids to loom over the City. The name on its side bore: "The Yeshan Dragon"

Guardsman 2 : "Oh Lord, another one"

A few moments later Ropes began to fall down to just dangle above the Dock floor. The Guardsmen watched as lines of the Light Blue and Grey clad crew of the ship slid their way down from the ships to the Docks, where citizens were now gathering. The Men and Women of the ships were a rather Smartly dressed bunch in their Faded Cyan Blue Uniforms, and a few officers in their White Corsair jackets and a 2 men with Burgundy Dust coats and 1 in a Horologist grey, embroidered war coat. With Swept hair and Goggles over his eyes. The obvious captains. Except... Something was out of place; all the crew were spattered with blood here and there, they all looked weary, sad and tired.

Captain Lockheart Stood among his small host of Chaladonians, looking to his officers for support, his vision was blurry. His hand rested on his hip which was in immense pain, to comfort it and keep his bandage in place. He Doubled over in pain as his stomach protested to whatever was in it. He desperately scanned behind the faces of the citizens for the nearest building. It was the Customs office; he signaled to 3 of his men and half limped half crawled to the door. He summoned all his strength and kicked the door open with one arm bleeding and the other holding his bandage, he barely made it down the rope lines.

The men who were inside the room were taken aback by the Chaladonian Nobleman. But he wasn't what he once was after the siege of Anvala. All they could see was 3 Men Brandishing swords step into the room after him, sunlight flooded their vision. But just as they blocked it out.

Lockheart Collapsed face first into the floor, blood seeping out onto the floor...

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: January 18, 2014, 07:30:35 am »
--Northern docks--

Gareth, Lyre and Zardis stand on the docks, waiting patiently for Michael's preparation of the ship to be complete.

Lyre
"Are you sure this is a wise thing to do?"

Gareth
"We need people in Vyshtorg, people that might as well be us."

Lyre
"Yes but... Are you sure we'll be welcome."

Zardis
"Why wouldn't you be?"

Gareth
"We're Arashi, at least me and Lyre are. Michael and the lads are from... somewhere. But two Arashi might be enough to draw us some attention in Vyshtorg."

Zardis
"I've come to know a few things about keeping out of sight, it shouldn't be a problem."

Gareth
"I do hope you're right. I'd hate to be imprisoned by the very same people we're trying to save."

--Vyshtorg, guildhall courtyard--

A man in fine robes of grey and purple, adorned with gold, sits on the bench, his greying brown hair blowing a bit in the wind. A servant or butler joins him.

Servant
"Master Slava."

Slava
"Yes?"

Servant
"A telegram has arrived from Yesha, from the Deer."

Slava
"Interesting. And it says?"

Servant
"It simply reads that we can expect a friendly outreach from the Yeshans in the near future."

Slava
"That is good news. I never liked the current Deer, such a conniving snob. But at least he doesn't let that get in the way of the Empire's best interests."

Servant
"Shall I arrange for a return message to be sent?"

Slava
"Yes, why don't you. Show our gratitude and deepest hope that this can be profitable for the both of us."

Servant
"Right away, sir."

The servant leaves and Slava sits back, deep in thought, steepling his fingers together.

Slava
"Maybe I was wrong about the Deer."

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 18, 2014, 06:25:05 pm »
--SOMEWHERE IN CHALADONIAN AIRSPACE--

Alexander: "Where the hell is he?"

Alexander pulls out his spyglass and scans the horizon. Adrian walks down the steps from the Helm to the Deck of the "Arbor Gold"

Adrian: " I have no idea... *sigh*, Julius has probably gone through some convoluted and stupendously complicated "shortcut".., the lad knows nothing of the skies by Cathedral, even if he did from those Embassy and trade runs the Order sent him on, i'd expect him home by now, Cecelia is growing worried. Julius has already left her once for months on end, why do it again?"

Alexander stares His father in the eye, and says in a grave tone:

Alexander: "What if he's encountered trouble?, or-or... he-he crashed!"

Adrian dismisses Alexanders worries with a brief flick of his hand.

Adrian: "Come now, He's a Lockheart. He's Your brother at that; one of the most powerful families in the realm from Averna to Vyshtorg to Alierion!, We hold sway in trade in most parts of the world as we know it. Our heritage dating back from Archibald the Trader; one of the wealthiest merchants in Vyshtorg, until a attempt on his life forced him to seek refuge in Averna, where his al-"

Alexander: " Already welcoming contacts assured him a seat here for eternity... Yes yes you told me several hundred times.. Although i almost doubt it.." * puts his spyglass away * " Still, Julius is brash and foolish.. He could've gotten into a mess"

The two men walk off towards their quarters, while deckhands and navigators plot courses and clean the ship around them. Adrian stops outside the door to his quarters, then turns to Alexander.

Adrian: "Although i think the chance Julius is in Trouble is very unlikley. Get on the telegram and send the "Commodore Becket" to Cathedral. Its already on course to fly near there on its trade run, but tell Old Gerris to stop by and see if he can find out anything on your brothers whereabouts"

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 19, 2014, 12:00:35 am »
Cathedral

With the conclusion of breakfast, Gryphos' and BdrLine's group went their separate ways to prepare for the mission ahead. Before they left, BdrLine gave Gryphos his ship radio frequency so that they can keep contact with each other.

Northern Docks

Ny-Lee, BdrLine and their respective partners arrives to the northern dock section. The three stops in front of the twin Yeshan Pyramidions and see that both of the ships crew were finishing with final check ups, well on the Comet it's crew are on its final check ups where as the crew on the Lighting are lounging on the main deck. 

Walking past Ny-Lee's ship, she, Roland, BdrLine, and Althea board Syá's to speak to her.

Once on board, Syá and the two others break their conversation and turn to see who come on. Seeing that it was Ny-Lee, Syá stands and greets the four.

(Ny-Lee)
So everything ready for our departure at the end of the day?

(Syá)
Should be.

(Ny-Lee)
Should be?

(Syá)
You saw Lau and the other two when you walked past right?

(Ny-Lee)
Yes, did they do something on my ship? Is it that why they are not done yet?

(Syá)
Yes and yes. They was an engine problem on board and the three of them collectively couldn't fix it. So I sent Chung here to find a way. Thirty minutes pass and poof, fixed.

(Ny-Lee)
Well at least it's almost done. I guess we can all take a break before we leave.

(BdrLine)
Well looks like you guys are tip top. Time to see what my two are doing to my ship. 

(Althea)
Knowing Charles and Courage, either something good or bad. Maybe both.

(BdrLine)
Arg don't remind me. Sometimes I wonder how they became Guardsmen. Well see you Ny, Roland, I'll radio in once we get further information.

(Ny-Lee)
Alright, see you brother.

(Roland)
See you Azn, hope we can settle this.

(BdrLine)
Hehe, with our group, we can do the impossible. Just careful with yourselves. All of you.

With a sense of seriousness that he display rarely, BdrLine looks each of the people that are present briefly in the eye. After a few moments everyone gives a small nod to signal their understanding.

Accepting that they get the message, BdrLine demeanour change back to his usually self. Hands interlocking with Althea, they both leave and head to BdrLine's Goldfish.

Walking past a few berths, the pair arrives to the Comet. From the docks, they can see both Charles and Courage inside the top cabin where they seem fiddling with an object.

(BdrLine)
Hmm looks like they are done with maintenance, what in the Gods are they doing now?

(Althea)
Well there the helm, the radio equipment, and our personal weapons. Pick one of the three.

BdrLine faces goes to a groan and places a hand over his face.

(BdrLine)
I hope they are not doing what I think they are doing.

(Althea)
What is it?

(BdrLine)
You said our personal weapons. And I told them to check our ship and everything in it. There is one thing that they won't figure out on how to disassemble.

(Althea)
Ohh.

(BdrLine)
Yeah, come on before they break it.

Inside the main cabin, Charles and Courage break their own rule on not touching Bdr's rifle and starts to tinker on how to open it. With the weapon on a table, they check every nook and cranny to find an opening. Tools are scattered around they as they use each one.

After another failed attempt, Charles tosses another tool.

(Charles)
How?!? I mean how can a simple weapon like this be hard for us?

(Courage)
Like I said a million times..

(Charles)
I know, I know. But still at least both of them could have made a simpler way to disassemble it.

(Behind them a male voice)
If we did, then it can be massed produced for all the wrong reasons.

Startled, the two turn around and see Althea and BdrLine in the doorway to the cabin. Shaking his head, BdrLine goes to the table and checks his rifle.

(BdrLine)
Hmm, looks like you two didn't do anything that can break it. Which is good. Althea can you? I still have to make that call.

(Althea)
Yeah.

BdrLine then hand over his rifle to Althea and moves to the radio and starts dialling in Zankief's frequency. With the rifle in hand, Althea goes to the table and, with a click, removes the barrel from the stock. 

Surprised, Courage and Charles makes room for her and watches from behind as she easily take the rifle apart.

(Charles)
How do you?

(Althea)
Azn taught me, plus my pistols that Yiski made for me had the same way to disassemble them. It just his rifle was a bit more complex.

On the radio, BdrLine can hear static until a familiar voice comes through.

(Zankief)
Ahh BdrLine, long time my friend, how are you? Heard what you guys did near the Wastes.

(BdrLine)
Word already spread? That was fast.

(Zankief)
The death of those whose cause the attack on Cathedral, news like that will spread like wild fire. What you need? I feel like this call is about business.

(BdrLine)
How you know me all so well. But first thing, this is all secure rights?

(Zankief)
Always. So what is it now?

(BdrLine)
Well I got word from a new friend of mine that there maybe a covert operation to take over the Guild by war expansionist from Yesha.

(Zankief)
*sighs* Seems like most of the bad stuff always come from the Empire.

(BdrLine)
Don't remind me, it's just those extreme expansionist that gives us the bad rep. You know how my father has to deal with them with each meeting.

(Zankief)
Yeah, your father is a good man looking for peace after centuries of death. So I. Guessing you want me and my men to look into this?

(BdrLine)
Yes, also my new friends are heading to the capital to find things out as well. So they may need a way in.

(Zankief)
So just like the last time. Fake papers, equipment and accommodations?

(BdrLine)
Yes. Also my ship maybe joining with them on the trip.

(Zankief)
Alright I'll get the preperations. Call in when you are near.

(BdrLine)
On it.

With the conversation with Zankief over, BdrLine then tries to call Gryphos.

(BdrLine)
Gryphos you there? I got help to get into Vychtorg.

Back with the trio, Althea finish with the rifle and is in the process of assembling it back. From the outside, they hear the noise of engines on full blast. Curious, the three of the peak out while BdrLine is still on the radio. Flying around the perimeter of the city, they spot two squids in a scurry. Stopping near the southern docks of the city, they watch as they lower out of sight.

(Charles)
That was a sight.

(Courage)
Wonder why they are in a hurry.

(Althea)
Maybe because of that.

Pointing out to the horizon, they spot an outline of a batter Galleon as it limp to the southern docks where it drops from their view as well.

(Courage)
Is it me or was that Galleon familiar?  

(Althea)
I think so. Well we ind out later, we got more things to handle.

Cathedral City Centre

After a meal at a Chaladoion restaurant, Shen and Liu walks to the Council Hall to see if they can find Xin and talk to him. Entering the lobby of the building, they notice several hallways extending out from the main lobby. In the middle of the lobby lies a large reception desk. The two walks to the desk where one of the receptionist notices them and addresses them.

(Receptionist)
Hello, and welcome to the Council Hall. May I ask the reason for this visit?

(Shen)
Yes, is Councilman Xin in? We request a meeting.

(Receptionist)
Yes, let call his office... ... ... ... Hello Councilman, there are two people here requesting a meeting... ... ... ... Yes ... ... ... Alright I'll tell them. The Councilman schedule is booked and may not have space to accommodate the two of you. He asks for your names so he can squeeze you in.

(Shen)
Alight, my name is Shen Zhao of the Yeshan Oxen and Liu Zhao of the White Lotus Trading Company.

With wide eyes, the Receptionist immediately goes back to the Councilman on hold and tells him who is asking for the meeting.

(Receptionist)
... Yes Mr. and Mrs. Zhao of Yesha... Yes ... Alright...

With the click of the phone on the receiver, the Receptionist turns to the pair.

(Receptionist)
The Councilman is waiting for you in his office, it's down the Yeshan District corridor in the second hallway on the left. Just follow the signs from there on.

(Shen)
Thank you.

(Receptionist)
You are welcome Mr. Zhao.

Leaving the receptionist area, the two walk to the designated hallway and towards the Councilman's office. In this portion of the building, they notice that much of the theme was that of Yeshan design.

(Shen)
Almost like home.

(Liu)
Almost. At least we have a meeting Xin. Good thing he remembers you.

(Shen)
Good thing is right, with him here we can discuss this conspiracy that is going behind the scene.

(Liu)
Think he will side with us?

(Shen)
He will.

(Liu)
How do you feel confident that he won't takes us to the Tiger?

(Shen)
Because he and I strive for peace and diplomacy between each of the Fractions. This is why the majority of the Senate voted him to be our representative.

(Liu)
 If you and him strived for peace, why weren't you voted?

(Shen)
Hehe, if I went I can't spend my time with you.

(Liu)
Ahh, you romantic.

(Shen)
I know, well we are almost here, now where is it?

For the next several minutes, the duo walks around finding the office.

Offline macmacnick

• Community Ambassador
    • [Clan]
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: January 19, 2014, 05:15:10 am »
--Over the Black Channel, Heading towards Averna--

Narrator
A fleet of 32 Mobula-class airships, bearing the Cake banner fly in a formation towards the island of Chaladon, over the Black Channel. The Formation is flanked by 8 Pyramidion-Class airships, and led by a Goldfish-Class airship guarded by four of the Galleon-class.

--Chaladonian Border--

Narrator
Chaladonian Border patrol spots the envoy and sends two Chaladonian Squid-class airships to intercept the envoy.

Squid 1
"Who are you and what business do you have with the Order?"

Squid 2
"State your affiliation and designation."

Cake Envoy
"My name is Kirk. James T. Kirk, of the VSS Pastryprise. We come in peace, meaning no harm; we are a tier one Envoy, the largest. We would like to establish diplomatic relations with the Order."

Squid 2
"Are you affiliated with any current faction?"

Kirk
"No, we are an independent group, wishing to establish diplomatic relations with the main powers of the world. However, we are not on good terms with the Yeshan Empire, as they are threatening our homeland with their ever expanding border."

Squid 1
"Very Well, we shall escort your envoy to Averna."

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: January 19, 2014, 06:30:07 am »
--CHALADONIAN AIRSPACE 2 CLICKS SOUTH WEST OF AVERNA--

Adrian: " Well now, who's this?"

Adrian eyes the new fleet of ships, and glances at the Mobulas suspiciously. Just after he hears Alexanders voice from below, and he leans over the rail from the helm.

Alexander: " Father, a recent telegram came in from Cathedral. A fleet with that very same composition and Sigil, landed there only a day ago. A coincidence?"

Adrian: " Hmm, you may be onto something old boy, Send a telegram to the Escort. Tell him to ask the captain if he would do me the honor of meeting him, at 12:00 sharp. Tell him to land his own ship at our own personal docks at the north of the City."

Alexander then goes to the telegraph Below decks on the Arbor Gold and tediously taps out the message on the Telegraph that reads

Dear Sir/Madam
His Lordship Adrian Lockheart wishes to request a meeting over lunch, to inquire about your intentions in Chaladon. He wishes you to send your ship to his Private docks at the North end of the city.

He eagerly awaits your Arrival.

Alexander Lockheart

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: January 19, 2014, 02:38:27 pm »
--Storm Isles, Latta--

Reagan sighed as the ship pulled into Latta, the storm had beaten them to the punch and now they were stuck here as they waited for the storm to clear. She felt the ship move as it was roped closer to the dock, she climbed out of the hold and got her first look of the Storm Isles up close, to say it was different than what she was used to was an understatement, everything was so lush and green, a farcry from what the Burren stands in, it wasn't that she hadn't seen trees before either, but these had leaves nearly as big as her torso, and trunks as tall as a galleon, not that other trees weren't taller, but it was interesting to see a world less ravaged than the one she spent her daily life in, taking in a deep breath, she gathered her stuff and disembarked the ship.

--Latta, Ocean View District--

The Ocean View District was what one would expect, a long stretch of flat beach flanked by shops and inns, Captain Walker was here attempting to, unsuccessfully, locate something edible other than the rations stocked on their ship. He just really didn't know what there was to eat, though he ventured out grabbed some sort of meat on a stick, it wasn't half bad either. The storm hadn't raged hard over Latta however the winds were strong enough to force them land, now the storm had closed the gap, at least the district was covered with heavy canopy so he was dry for the moment.

Walker
"I swear I heard there was a tea shop around here somewhe - aha!"

Down the street a ways he spotted the tea house, he made his way over and sat himself on one of the outside tables, looking through the menu he at least found things recognized here, and the inevitable number of things he didn't. He ordered a simple black tea and sat about, the storm still raged overhead, yet the locals were confident that it would clear up in a day or two, he didn't need it clear, only calm enough to speed out and make for Landmark through Termini. Only a few yards away he could see Reagan walking over with a few things in hand, she sat across the table from him as his tea was served.

Walker
"Captain."

Reagan
"Captain."

Walker
"From what I hear the storm should begin clearing up either tonight or early afternoon tomorrow. Should it begin clearing tonight we should leave early tomorrow morning to make up for lost time."

Reagan
"So soon? A bit surprising considering, you know."

As if in response the resounding crack of thunder sounded above them.

Walker
"Consider it a bit of well wishing. By the way, have you seen Captain Edwards?"

Reagan
"He's packing supplies for the rest of the journey."

Walker
"A sound plan, best be prepared for anything. On another note we should get some rest should we need to rise early."

He finishes the rest of his tea and sets it down on the table.

Walker
"Now if you need me I'm going to find an inn."

--Garrow, Nightingale Inn--

Amelia wandered into the inn, she hadn't seen any of the ships crew on her way over, nor did she see any of them currently residing in the inn. She sat down on a bench and began sifting through the things she had picked up at the market, which wasn't a whole lot, a satchel which ended up carrying the rest of her plunder, a few balls of yarn and a set of needles. she pulled them out and began working it into a scarf, and before long she found herself an hour later with a finished scarf in hand. She looked up from her work, still no one she recognized in sight, wondering where they could have gone, she stashed everything into the satchel and walked out of the inn.

--Garrow Docks--

Alex
"Oi careful with that!"

Alex and Richard were hanging by the docks, watching as their ship was moved from its resting place in the dry dock, the ship was still obviously damaged, but unless the ship came under heavy stress, it shouldn't be an issue. The tugs released the ropes and the ground crews pulled the vessel closer to the dock before securing it in place, next to the two of them, a cart carrying their little strike craft was sitting just a few feet away, standing the two of them began pushing it towards the prow of their ship. Signaling the dock crew above them they lowered the crane and secured it to the craft, after a few moments the craft was in place and secured tightly.

Alex
"How long do we have?"

Richard
"About an hour and a half I'd say, wanna go for drinks before we set off?"

A tempting thought.

Alex
"Considering? I think we should save the drinks for Landmark."

Richard
"You're the captain, anyways I'm gonna find the rest of the crew and see what they're up to, you coming?"

Alex
"As long as we don't go drinking."

Above them the sun blazed high overhead, the early afternoon rays shined down, ships came and went, and soon plans everywhere would be enacted against each other.

(Also note, if you have been wondering I have a copy of the GoI map from somewhere on the forum, if you want to take a look at it I can post it somewhere.)

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: January 19, 2014, 03:47:29 pm »
--Northern docks--

BrdLine
"Gryphos you there? I got help to get into Vyshtorg."

Gareth is slightly bemused by this, not picking up the radio immediately.

Gareth
"Gryphos?"

Zardis
"What is that, a nickname?"

Gareth
"No, but thinking about it now, it totally should be."

Lyre
"Suits you."

Gareth picks up the radio.

Gareth
"Gareth here. I was just thinking about how to get into Vyshtorg myself. We'll follow your lead… Gryphos out."

Lyre
"If you gets  nickname I'm getting one, too."

Gareth
"Oh really? What?"

Lyre
"Something mysterious like 'Felldawning'. And then, to make it even more mysterious, I can just change it whenever I feel like it."

Zardis
"What kind of maniac would do that?"

--Chang-ning, Tiger's office--

The Deer stands opposite the Tiger, who's sat in his chair tapping his fingers impatiently on the desk.

Deer
"Any word from Ny-lee?"

Tiger
"None. Looms like we won't be getting her on the mission."

Deer
"Surely you have others who can carry out such a covert operation."

Tiger
"Plenty. The mission shall carry on as usual. I'd expect the deed to be done within the next few days."

Deer
"Good. To lower suspicion of a Yeshan ship docking in Vyshtorg, I've sent a message to Lord Slava telling him to expect a Yeshan envoy."

Tiger
"Good, good. I'll radio the task force and fill them in on the ruse they'll be playing."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: January 20, 2014, 06:32:24 pm »
Cathedral

Northern Docks

(Gareth)
"Gareth here. I was just thinking about how to get into Vyshtorg myself. We'll follow your lead… Gryphos out."

(BdrLine)
"Opps sorry for the name slip up Gareth. Something about you remind me of someone else, but it does suits you. And just gives a few minutes to start my ship up. Rise when we rise. BdrLine out."

Placing the radio back down, BdrLine turns to three three looking of the window. 

(BdrLine)
"We'll time to go. Courage start the ship, I'm just going to call Ny-Lee that we are departing. What are you guys looking at?"

Curious at what got the attention of his friends, he goes to the window as well and looks out at the semi busy skies.

(BdrLine)
"Seriously, what are you guys looking at."

(Althea)
"While you were talking, we saw a pair of crazed Squids flying around with a damaged Galleon following it from behind. They flew to the southern docks and lowered over there."

(Charles)
"The interesting thing was that the Galleon looked familiar."

(BdrLine)
"Well the City's guards have that problem for now. Come on we are going now. So Courage if you please."

(Courage)
"Alright, alright. I'm on it."

Moving away from the window, Courage exits the cabin to the helm and starts the Goldfish. Feeling the vibrations of the ship, satisfied, BdrLine goes back to the radio and calls his sister.

(BdrLine)
"Hey Ny, you there?"

Back on board the Comet, Lau, Pān, and Wèi finishes up with the ship check up and hears the radio crackle to life as a message comes through. The trio turn there heads from each other and then to the radio.

(Wèi)
"So, who wants to answer it?"

(Pāi)
"Lau, I think you should, you are the only officer here."

(Lau)
"But it's for the Captain."

(Wèi & Pān)
"Just answer it!!"

(Lau)
"Sheessh alright, and I'm the officer around here."

Moving towards the radio, Lau coughs to clear his voice and picks the receiver up.

(Lau)
Ensign Lau standing in for Captain Zhao. May I request who is calling on this frequency and state your reason."

(BdrLine)
"This is Azn Zhao, brother of your Captain, and I have a message for here."

(Lau)
"Oh yes, sorry sir. What's the message"

(BdrLine)
"Tell my sister, that my ship and another will be heading to the Guild capital to scope out what behind the conspiracy we found."

(Lau)
"Alright,I'll give it to her. Is that it?"

(BdrLine)
"Yes. Wait, are my parents on board yet?"

(Lau)
"No, but we already told them where the ships are and when we are departing."

(BdrLine)
"Ok, I'm off. Bring them back safely."

(Lau)
"Don't worry sir. Ensign out."

With a click, the radio becomes silent. Lau then moves to the one side of the ship and yells over to the people on the Lighting.

(Lau)
"Captain!! Your brother called."

(Ny-Lee) 
"What did he say?"

(Lau)
"He said that he was leaving for the Guild to start investigating from what we got from Zardis."

(Ny-Lee)
"Alright, thanks for the information. *Looks at the time* Well we better get ready, it's almost time to leave. Gonna be a while before we get back to the Empire. Get the rest of the crew from the inn."

(Lau)
"Yes Ma'am."

Turning to Pān and Wéi, he tells them to get the others from the Inn to prepare for departure.

Cathedral City Centre, Council Hall

After a moment of trying to find Xin's office, Liu and Shen finally found it after asking a few of the workers for directions. As they near the office, they see Xin's office door where a secretary is stationed next to it typing on a typewriter. The two goes up to the desk where the secretary looks up at there presence.

(Secretary)
"Mr. and Mrs. Zhao?"

(Shen)
"Yes."

(Secretary)
"Councilman Xin is waiting for you inside."

After thanking her, the pair goes through the door where they see the Councilman stand up from his chair and walk towards to them. Xin then laughs and embraces the two.

(Xin)
"Ahh good to see that the two of you are well after your encounter. Please come sit."

(Shen)
"Thank you, I see that you are doing well for yourself here in Cathedral."

All three moves towards the desk, Shen and Liu grabs a seat in front of the desk while Xin moves around to his seat.

"It can get tough with complaints from each of the Factions here in the city, but enough of me. How are you two, it's good to see old friends of mine. When I heard that the people who caused the attack were killed and that rumours of an Imperial Couple being rescued, I assumed that they will come visit me for talks, but I didn't know it was you two.

(Liu)
"We are splendid, a little shaken initially, but otherwise fine."

(Shen)
"But Xin, we are not here for personal matter. We have a problem."

Sitting back a bit, Xin places a hand on his chin.

(Xin)
"A problem? How so?"

(Shen)
"How about a conspiracy where the heads of the Tiger and Deer are panning a covert opperation to take over the Guild without reason or cause."

(Xin)
*whisltes* "That is a big problem. Does the Emporer know, or anybody else of the fact?

(Shen)
"I did contact Xi after we were rescued, but I only found out about this conspiracy recently."

(Liu)
"Also, so far only a group of people that we know got wind of this plot."

(Xin)
"A covert take over. Hmm this violates many of the policies you created. I know the older military officers are hot headed and want to expand, but still they need approval from the Senate. So what do I need todo?"

(Shen)
"Well my wife and I will be leaving later today to head back home. But I can converse with the Emperor more about this plot. Also a small team will be leaving for the Guild to get more insight of what is happening. If you can, talk with the Guild Councilman here and see what he thinks."

(Xin)
"I can try, but he is a stubborn one."

(Shen)
"hehe, Aren't we all. But thank you for meeting with us."

(Xin)
"It was my pleasure. It's nice to see friends of mine now and again. And don't worry, I find out what I can as well."

(Liu)
Thank you again, Xin. I'll guess we will be leaving now. Almost time for our ships to leave."

With their final goodbyes, Shen and Liu leave the Hall and walk towards the Northern Docks. At their arrival, the see that both ships are crewed and are waiting for them.

Hours before, BdrLine and his ship rises out of the docks and wait until he sees Gareth vessel coming towards them. With both ships ready, BdrLine sets a course towards Sunder.