Author Topic: The Skies have no Limit  (Read 227643 times)

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
Re: The Skies have no Limit
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2013, 10:01:52 pm »
After Plasma wandered off, Imagine looked at Wilkinson sideways. Noticing the Anvalan militia, he wiped his mouth and rubbed his chin.

"... we've all got our own stories, I suppose."

he muttered under his breath.

Putting his drink down for the moment, Imagine took the coin out of his pocket and rolled it over the top of his fingers with one hand, and turned to face Wilkinson.

"No idea what we're carrying as he himself said. It's a dangerous thing, knowing, these days."

Imagine pointed at Plasma who seemed to have run into some old acquaintances.

"He seems to know that better than any of us. Makes him more competent than half the captains who fly these skies, reason enough to fly under him."

After a moment's pause, he stuck out his hand, while continuing to fiddle with the coin in the other, in almost a hypnotic fashion.

"But where are my manners, we have yet to be properly introduced. Call me Imagine."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2013, 10:08:28 pm »
The four follows Plasma to the table and set their bags underneath, as Emily pours the drink. Each of the guys grabs a mug and thanks her. BdrLine tursn to Plasma as he starts to remembers.

BdrLine
"Yeah, theres something to that place that we all keep doesn't it. But it's good to see someone from the city who left. So hoes it going ... Plasma. Well the guys and I are out here to spend some time at this Festival. Enjoy the sights and stuff. We just recently got here and are looking for a place to stay. And by some coincidence we entered this one and saw you."

The other three look at the drinks in front of them and hesitates for a bit. BdrLine sees this and turns to them.

BdrLine
"Come on, you guys are afraid of a little new drink? I mean we did drink things much worse then this."

He lifts up his mug and takes a swig, as he places it down, Bdr just looks at them.

BdrLine
"See nothing, ...ok to put it into perspective, it is way milder than the Hellfire."

With a shrug, the three then proceeds to drink their cups.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2013, 10:09:50 pm »
His drink poured he sat a table over looking the entire scene, the man who he came to know as Plasma was having a reunion it would seem with some old aquantinces, a man in brown clothing was having a conversation with the Anvalan Militia man.

"It's always good to have friends." It was a thought he didn't think but it was his nonetheless, he began to fiddle with an locket around his neck, just holding it for some time before going back to his drink.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2013, 10:50:22 pm »
--Narration--

Things got a little rowdy. After his dance among/on/with the tables, spurred, no doubt by his reunion and the memories of Anvala, Plasma eventually passes out on the bar. A sighing Emily summons a laughing Newt, who takes the unconscious Plasma upstairs and returns to start cleaning the bar. Many of the patrons make their ways home, breaking the still night with song.

BdrLine and his crewmen find quite comfortable beds waiting for them in their rooms. A good nights sleep is all but guaranteed, though the excitement and promise of the festival (not to mention, the much subtler effects of the drinks of the Wild Wind, verse the Burning Skies) may impede that somewhat!

Alex mulls over the events of the day before retiring, Newt hands him an invoice, and a note as he ajournes:  A draw for a large sum of money on a certain Cathedral bank. There are also delivery instructions.

"For the morning" he says, placing stools on the bar and tables.

Gareth, Imagine, and Mill aren't quite sure what to make of their new "Captains" display. But as long as he had his faculties in the morning... well, they would at least have a warm place to sleep and a great deal more coin soon.

--End Narration--

--End of Day Two--

Offline Plasmarobo

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 26, 2013, 09:14:01 am »
--Day Three, Spring--

--Narration--

The next morning is bright and cool.
A stout, older gentleman with the look of an old deckhand gone to seed breezes into the Wild Winds before anyone is awake. He tears down a few of the posters on the board, replacing them with fresh ones. The then slips behind the Wild Winds Trading and Acquisitions counter, dons a set of half-specials, and begins to examine various records and transactions, nodding gravely at some, frowning at others, but organizing them all into a neat pile.

The city bustles slowly into life, markets opening and the delicious smells of fresh bread and meat permeate the air.
The festival begins tomorrow, and will run for the week. Everyone is making their last minute preparations.

--End Narration--

Plasma stumbles down from his room upstairs, and leans on the bar, rubbing his temples. The man looks up at him reprovingly.

Lloyd
"Rough night, then?"

Plasma starts, and frowns at him.

Plasma
"Boss! Guh, how do you get in so early? But yes, there were some folks from Anvala. I forgot myself a bit."

He begins to take down the stools from the bar, and chairs from the tables. Setting up for the day to come. He pulls an engraved silver pocket watch out of his breast pocket, examines the face, then replaces it with a sigh.

Plasma
"I'll be off to the docks to prepare the Venucian Might. If anyone asks for me, send them there. We picked up the Illian job. Should be back by nightfall."

Lloyd
"I see. Good luck then."

Plasma shoots him a sharp, questioning look. Lloyd keeps his gaze fixed on the desk, now very engrossed in a new contract. Plasma frowns, grabbing his duster and tricorn hat from the wall hooks and exits the Inn, heading for the Western docks.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 26, 2013, 10:56:14 am »
--That morning--

Roc, quite independent from his 'master' often took off on his own simplistic endeavours, be it hunting mice or smaller birds, or just staring at the rising sun from a rooftop. But he always had a knack for returning to Gareth when he was somehow needed. Gareth had always been rather too embarrassed to say it, but that bird had saved his skin more times than he could count. But Gareth always treated him like any human friend he had.

On this morning Roc continued to stare into the sunrise and remembered, by chance, the meeting of him and Gareth. He just remembered simple images like a burning nest, a burning village, a mass of people, huge, wingless birds that flew slowly and breathed fire, a cowering person with brown plumage beneath a tall person with a flame-shooting stick, the look on the stick man as Roc sunk his claws into him, the look on the brown man as he stands up and looks at Roc, the man taking Roc in arm, the sunset as they set off, both in search of a new home.

The sun had risen and Roc looked down at the street to see Plasma leave. By this point Roc was able to recognise Plasma, and followed overhead for curiosity's sake.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 26, 2013, 04:49:24 pm »
--Cathedral Merchant District--

Alex was heading towards the bank mentioned in the instructions, he'd already made the guns had made it safely to their destination before picking up the payment. It was one of the regional banks in the area, managing funds from the several surrounding cities and towns, which also meant whom ever ran the damn thing had a tremendous amount of paperwork he did not envy. He was walking through the market and getting distracted by everything he saw, mainly paintings of old ships and and ships for sale in the merchant dock. He'd come back later after distributing the pay to the rest of the crew, they all deserved sometime off. He finally reached the bank when all of sudden.

"Alright put the money in the bag and no one gets hurt!"

"This is the worst plan you've had in weeks Dominic!"

Dominic
"Shut up Phillip, this plan is flawless."

"He has a point you know, something can go wrong."

Dominic
"Not you too Travis."

Phillip
"See he's on my side now, the least you can do is think up a better escape plan, the one we have will just get us killed!"

Dominic
"Fine! We'll think up a better escape plan just shut up!"

Travis
"At least you're thinking about it."

Well this was going to be interesting.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 26, 2013, 06:25:36 pm »
It was easy being a man with few possessions. After stuffing his uniform coat and several other garments into his rucksack he ws ready to go, and after getting directions to the ship he was supposed to crew it was a simple matter to get to the airdocks. The midday ruckus held his interest, and for a time being his life seemed good. Of course, that would change again tomorrow, when he'd be a hundred crowns richer yet jobless. Again.
He sighed. Perhaps captain Plasma's freelance jobs would offer a stable enough income, or Wilkinson would use the money gained to trudge back to Fjordland and recruit himself into the military again.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 26, 2013, 06:34:25 pm »
--Wild Winds--

Gareth woke up from a decent night's sleep rather eager. He was always eager before a mission, be it large or small. He got up and looked around for Roc.

Where is that bird off to now, gallivanting around town no doubt.

He got all of his gear together before going downstairs to the bar only to see Lloyd sitting there.

Gareth
"Ah, do you by any chance know where-"

Lloyd
"Docks."

Gareth
"Thanks."

Gareth walked out the door and made off to the docks, whistling a tune on the way.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 26, 2013, 06:55:57 pm »
--Wild Winds Inn--

After getting out of bed and readying themselves for the day, BdrLine and his crew of friends exits their rooms and down the stairs to the dining room. From there they see a man at a desk looking through some papers and thought nothing of him and assumes that he works here as well. As they take their seats, the lady from yesterday comes up to them.

Emily
"Hey there names Emily, so what can I gettcha?"

BdrLine
"Hello, mind getting us some coffee Emily? Thanks."

Emily nods at the request and heads back to the bar to make a brew. As the four are waiting, they decide what todo for the day.

BdrLine
"So you guys have any plans?"

Before anyone can answer, Emily comes back with a tray with the coffee mugs on top. She sets the individual mugs in front of them.

Emily
"If you need anything more, just give me a shout."

The group gives their thanks and comments about being good for now and return to their conversation.

Tommy
"Well Charles and I are going back to check some things from your ship."

BdrLine
"Ok then, how about you Courage."

Courage
"I got nothin' might just walk around. How about you Bdr?"

BdrLine
"I might explore as well, see what's in this city before tomorrows Festivel and all the streets gets crowded."

Courage
"Alright then. Might just follow you then."

Tommy
"So we just meet back here later when we are all done?"

BdrLine
"Yup."

As the four continue to talk and sips on their mugs, eventually they all separate into pairs and go off into different directions. Tommy and Charles are heading back to the docks to check on the Starlight, while BdrLine and Courage explore parts of the city.

--Docks--

As Charles and Tommy nears the Goldfish, they notice the many incoming new ships for the Festival tomorrow. It was around a little in the afternoon when they arrived and the focal were crowded with tourists deboarding passengerships. Once at the Starlight, they climb aboard and down into the hull to see if they had enough supplies for the return home when the lot finished their time here. Once satisfied, they go about doing a check on every other component on the ship.

--Somewhere in Cathedral--

BdrLine and Courage walk around the hugs city taking in the different shops and stores. Around them they notice that majority of them have themes, designs, and products from the different Fractions of the world. When people say that Cathedral was the center of the know lands, it was evident through the vast diversity of the people here.

As they continue walking, City Milita rushes past them towards to what seems like a bank. BdrLine and Courage looks at each other and walks towards the commotion. As they arrive to the scene, the Militia has already set up wooden barricades to block people from entering the building. Militia Men have their rifles drawn and aimed at the door.

A man with a gold chinstrap on his combo cover is on a bull horn talking to the robbers inside.

Captain
"Come out with your hands up. We have you surrounded."

Behind one of the wooden barricades, BdrLine and Courage watches on at this spectacle.

BdrLine
"Man who would try and rob a back before the Festival tomorrow?"

Courage
"I don't know. Maybe some idiots who are desperate?"

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2013, 07:04:12 pm »
Courage
"I don't know. Maybe some idiots who are desperate?"

Alex
"That would probably be it, I heard the robbers arguing about this being the worst plan in weeks so I'd guess this is desperation.

They looked towards the bank, it was kind hilarious that 3 men tried to rob the bank at a time like this.

Alex
"I still need to make a withdrawal too, my payment is in there. So what brings you two here?"

Courage
"Saw the commotion and thought we'd see what's going on. I don't think we were expecting a bank robbery."

Alex
"Eh, could be worse I guess, could be a ship jacking combined with murder."

The captain seemed to be getting irritated at the robbers.

Captain
"This serves no purpose what so ever, come out and no one gets hurt, if you hurt anyone we'll rush in and kill the lot of you."

Alex
"So that was what Newt meant by over enthusiastic."

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 27, 2013, 12:51:15 am »
--Cathedral Merchant District--

As the standoff between City Milita and the robbers continue, inside Travis and Phillip are thinking over their doubts again. Looking through the front window, the three can see around 14 armed men all pointing their rifles at the general direction of the door.

Travis
"Dominic what do we do man? You thought up our escape plan yet?"

Dominic
"Hold on a sec. Let me just think."

Phillip looks out the window again and sees two of the guards move closer to the door.

"Well think a little faster, we got a pair coming up to us."

Dominic walks in a little circle still wondering what to do.

Outside the bank, BdrLine, Courage, and Alex watches on as they spot a pair of guards go up to the door. On one of them, the guard looks like he is carrying a small ram and looks like ready to bring down the door. The three watches on waiting to see what happens.

BdrLine
"Hey Courage."

Courage
"Yeah."

BdrLine
"Where you or Charles, or any of the other guards back in Anvala were like this?"

Courage
"If this were us, we would have more percision shooting. Get a disabling shot of for the kill. This looks like it be a scatter zone of rifle fire."

BdrLine
"Hmm I can see that."

--Docks--

On board the Venucian Might, Plasma is finishing loading the cargo within the ships hold. As the last crate is finally tied down, he sees the three crewmen he contracts heading towards his ship. As the three climbs aboard, The dock workers untie the holding ropes and soon the ship goes off into the sky towards it's destination.

[Ok, since I'm confused whether or not a closing should be in order, I'm leaving the day open for those in different timezones to contribute more, a test if you will. In the morning (Eastern or Pacific US Time) either Plasma or I will see if this backlog works and will end that day and start the next.]

Offline Imagine

• Salutes: 59
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
    • Twitch Stream
« Reply #42 on: June 27, 2013, 03:03:31 am »
Having been given no real instructions but informed that Plasma had made down his way to the docks already by the time he'd arrived back to the Wild Winds, Imagine decided to saunter his way down there.

"Off to a great start already." he muttered.

The decorations for the soon to be festival were everywhere now, and the usual ambling of citizens you see in cities was no longer present; everyone here was moving with a purpose. It was quite strange to see, like suddenly the city had flipped a switch and turned into some sort of festival minded beehive.

"Well, that's fine too." he sighed, as he moved along.

A bit down the ways there was commotion in front of a local bank, by the way it was being blocked off and the crowd that had gathered, it was something big. Imagine nudged a monocled man standing in the back.

"So... what's going on here?" he inquired.

The monocled man stared back with eyes that screamed who are you to touch me, you filthy peasant, but he still responded the way a gentleman does even when confronted by... undesirables.

"Some sort of bank robbery, apparently."

A bank robbery? Here? Now? Imagine shook his head and got moving once more.

"Feh. Armatures." he muttered once more.

Eventually arriving on the docks, he found Wilkinson already there, and joined him to await their captain and job. Regardless of anything, it would be good to get back into the skies, good to feel the wind in his face, good to feel the engines rumbling the deck.

And so he waited, practicing a magic trick with his coin.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 27, 2013, 06:12:01 am »
Wilkinson leaned against a pole as the ship Venucian Might was being loaded. It seemed like a reliable and sturdy ship, and Wilkinson's mood got better. He noticed Imagine arriving and standing next to him. "I just hope we don't have to use the armament on this. Not that I couldn't, of course, but when the gunner is bored the cruise is good."
He snuffed his cigarette and walked on board, then turned to look at Imagine. "C'mon, mate! Let's check our workplace!"

Offline Plasmarobo

• [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 27, 2013, 08:03:28 pm »
The flight is... somewhat uneventful for Plasma and his crew.
The clouds gathering around the edges of Cathedral give them some greif, and a ship full of brigands thinks the Venucian Might made an easy target. Not so. The junker flew circles around the pirates ship, sending round after burning round into her hull. The villians ship shattered against the sky, and the Venucian Might with no damage to show for it. Plasma smiles as he pilots them away from the tumbling wreckage.

The flight takes only a small part of the day, but they reach their destination. The town of Faberia, among the Ridge Forrest. Plasma carefully drops the ship to the towns small dock.

Imagine, Mill, and Gareth tie off the ship. Once it's fast Plasma leaps off the helm and heaves at a crate.

Plasma
"Alright, let's get this cargo unloaded. I'll see if I can't find a return cargo job. Add a bit to the margins. Mind fueling up the ship."