Author Topic: The Skies have no Limit  (Read 229652 times)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: The Skies have no Limit
« Reply #60 on: July 01, 2013, 05:15:24 pm »
--Cathedral--

After roaming around the city, BdrLine and Courage decides to check on Tommy and Charles at the docks. The two approach the Goldfish and notices that they were finished and hopping off the Starlight, Tommy sees the two heading towards them and nudges Charles to their direction.

BdrLine
"Looks like you guys are done. So she's good to go when we are done here?"

Charles
"Yup, enough fuel, food, ammo. But the way you redesigned her we can leave in a storm and still make it out."

BdrLine
"Yeah, it took years, but Starlight is probably the greatest I made."

Tommy
"Not even Dragon Peppers in the engines can stop her."

BdrLine face palm as Tommy lets out a chuckle.

BdrLine
"Man I still hate that day. Had to leave my bag out and poof there goes the engines for at least a month. Glad those swabbies don't work for me anymore."

Courage pipes in
"Ok since we now have time, what are we going todo now. Festival doesn't start until tomorrow."

BdrLine
"Hmm, how about we just stop by the Inn and have a drink? So far nothing caught my eye during our little trip."

The four then exits the docks and walks towards the Wild Winds Inn.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 02, 2013, 01:40:37 am »
--Narrator--

Once Plasma and the rest of his crew tighten down Mr.Maximus cart to the deck of the Venucian Might, Plasma lifts his ships out of the docks and exits the small town. He then plots a course back to Cathedral. During the journey, night has fallen around them and was quite uneventful. After hours of flying, the Junker-Class ship has view of the giant city over the dark horizon, as the city's lights give out a glow in the night skies. Moments pass and soon the Might lands back in the Western Docks. It a little before midnight when the ship and crew arrived, and Plasma decides that all o them should head back to the Inn for a nights rest, the cart and the crew's payment will be handled in the morning.

During that time, back in the city, BdrLine and friends got back to the Inn and sees that only Emily was there and a few other regulars to the Inn's bar. The four orders dinner for themselves as they discuss about the happenings for tomorrow's Festivel. Eventually they call it a night and heads back to their respective rooms. Back at another area of the docks, Alex returns from the bank carrying what looks like two briefcases, there he sees Richard sleeping on a table with paperwork in front of him as well as bottles scattered bottles. Shaking his head, Alex just passes him to store the cases away. As for Michael, he waits on Gareth's ship for his return as well as Lyre.

--End of Narrarion

End of Day 3

(Festivel tomorrow...whoo. But I think this system works for now, have he day extended so that people in other timzones can put in content. Once more people and post come in regularly, then it might saify back to start/end single day.)

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 02, 2013, 01:55:53 am »
(The posts in a row -.-, but I thnk I should start the day as well)

Spring, Start of Day 4

Spring Festivel, Cathedral

As the sun rises over the city, everywhere, people are putting up final decorations and setting up their many street stalls. Almost every street are littered with them as vendors take this opportunity to sell their wares. Besides people selling, there are sections in Cathedral where carnival rides and booths are set up for people to enjoy. Even contests are set for those of competitive spirit. In all the city is in full swing as tourist leav their ships, taverns, hotels, etcetra to enjoy the day.

--End Narration--

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 02, 2013, 02:25:00 am »
--Cathedral--

It was late when Plasma and co arrived back in Cathedral and so they all decided to get a good night's rest, while on the Griffinheart, Michael and Lyre, with most Inns being full for the festival, put down sleeping bags on opposite ends of the ship from each other.

The next morning on the day of the festival, Gareth got up relatively early and made his way from the Inn to the docks to see if what Michael said was true. Lo and behold, standing there by the gangplank was Lyre, facing him.

Gareth
"Well... I guess it's been a while."

Lyre
"It has. And I'm sorry, sincerely."

Gareth
"Oh don't mention it, to be honest I'd have done the same. It's a bird-eat-bird world."

Lyre laughed and took a step towards Gareth. On the dock floor behind Gareth Roc and Garuda were standing there, staring at each other.

Lyre
"So what have you been doing since you got out?"

Gareth
"I've started to only take lawful contracts now since I'd rather not see the rest of my days in a Yeshan jail cell. And so I got myself a crew."

Lyre
"Yes, I've met Michael."

She gestured back towards the ship where, oblivious to the two, Michael was wide awake and listening.

Gareth
"He's a good man and has served me well."

Lyre
"He seems alright. Anyway, what now?"

Gareth
"What, go out gallivanting around the six nations. Not now, or not yet. I'd quite like to stay and see the Spring festival."

They both looked at the eagles and saw them nestled together.

Lyre
"Lovebirds."

Gareth
"They're not the only ones."

Lyre smiled and edged still closer to Gareth, and him to her. They met in an embrace and a passionate kiss. Michael, by this point was on his feet and putting away his sleeping bag.

So they're involved, that part she failed to mention. Well, she's a looker, good on you Gareth.

He chuckled to himself and awkwardly edged past them on his way to the festivities.

Offline Mill Wilkinson

• Salutes: 24
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 02, 2013, 06:55:16 am »
The return-flight went without a hitch, and most of the time Mill spent tuning the hydraulics and oiling up the mechanical parts of the guns on the airship. It wasn't like the guns weren't well-maintained, but here and there it could be seen that the ship guns hadn't seen an expert in a while. They would've worked just fine for several years yet, but still the ex-corporal found himself under the armaments, fine-tuning turn assists and filing new trigger-mechanisms. it was a passion of his, work that filled him with genuine joy, not in a slaughterer-sense but in a pure satisfaction of seeing something mechanical working over their normal expectation. Some mechanics, who taught him the basics of engines, told it was called "engineer's pride", and that it was a rare trait among gunners.
One little hitch he did encounter with the inner mechanisms of the front gun. He took the part out and it was clearly a jury-rigged piece of equipment. Mill could understand the need for it in a tough spot, but using it for a longer period of time would've been hard on the inner systems. He walked to the captain and showed the greasy hand-made divider to him. "Captain, this is from the front gun. How long have you been having this fix on it?"
"What is that?"
"a divider-tube from the hydraulics, or at least it is supposed to be. It helps with the turning of the gun, preventing it from swinging back in sudden movements of the ship. It has already leaked to the mounting, which means a cleanup and a refill to the tubing. Still, this needs to be replaced, sir."
"Do it, I told you where the spare parts were, didn't I?"
"Yes sir!"

Cathedral
When they returned to the city, Mill was dirty as a compost but smiled. He had managed to fix the gun without a hitch and the spare part was a perfect fit. He considered his duties to be filled for the 100 crowns promised.
"What a good day this was. Hey, Imag, how about a drink and dinner in the Wild Winds?"

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 02, 2013, 08:43:59 am »
--Wild Winds Inn--

Plasma slides out of bed, still satisfied by the uneventful trip. He picked up the Tinker's fare, a sphere of brass and copper with complex inner workings. He presses a unremarkable point on the device and it unfolds itself into something very much resembling a clockwork spider. It has eight legs and eight emerald eyes arranged in a circle along the body. It has no defined front, and is about the size of Plama's hand when unfolded. It clicks softly and shuffles up his arm, perching on the back of his neck.

I suppose it'll keep watch for me, though I'm not sure the 'new miracle replacement for engineers' is quite accurate.

He reaches for it and returns it to a sphere state. Then he gives his face a wash from the basin in his room and descends into the bar where Emily is already hard at work, flushed with the effort of serving the breakfast rush on festival day. Plasma shakes his head at those in the bar with drinks already.

If there is such a thing as starting too early, this is it.

He waits for most of them to filter out into the streets, but a small number stays to quietly enjoy their meals or simply evade the crowds for a bit. Spying Mill and Imagine he slips behind the Trading Counter, returning with two coin satchels. He tosses one to each of them.

Plasma
"Here you are then! Bit of a bonus, 150 crowns each. I'll have to find Gareth later. Ah well."

As the patrons drift from the bar and tables, Plasma walks up to Emily who is in the middle of cleaning a glass. She looks up at him with a half annoyed, half curious expression.

Plasma
"Em, you want to go see the festival? I'll make Newt cover the bar. The man still owes me half a dozen favors."

Emily
"Alright. Let me change."

Plasma seems taken aback by the immediate acquiescence, but it quickly fades into a pleased little smile as Emily walks to the back, disappearing behind a door marked "Wild Winds Staff Only". Plasma quickly runs up the stairs as soon as the door shuts and returns swiftly with a resigned looking Newt.

Plasma
"...and I promise, only for the day. We'll be back for the night. Thanks, Newt."

Newt waves him away, an amused expression dancing on his rough features as Emily returns, now wearing a bright, floral patterned dress. For the first time since anyone has seen her she sports wide smile that she seems to be unable to shake, in spite of her own efforts.

Emily
"Let's go, I'm going to drag you through all of the clothing stalls."

She takes Plasma by the hand, leading him from the bar as he turns to Newt, horrified. Newt levels a malevolent grin at him and then the pair are gone.

Newt vaults the bar, and looks around.

Newt
"Anything I can get you folks?"

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 02, 2013, 10:11:24 am »
The Skyrunner had departed early that morning to help the city set up for this Spring Festivals main event, The Burren Rocket Race. The crew had helped set up the checkpoints for the race and finally had a chance to rest and enjoy the festival.

Alex
"So you ran into Reagan?"

Richard
"Yeah, that crazy women somehow found us, to think she needed help with the festival though, I mean really now."

Alex
"A bit surprising, pay was good though, also I need you to call up the crew, I need to distribute the pay from our weapons delivery to everyone."

Richard
"Still can't believe you fought off a robbery with a sword, sounds to good to be true, but then again considering I've known you since what? Our time in the Firnfield militia together, that was like what, 6 years ago? Anyways I'll go round up the crew."

It took them a while to round up the 6 other members of the crew, a fairly large crew but the pay was more then enough for the crew to enjoy themselves for the duration of the festival. Deciding to split into groups of 2, the crew split off into different directions to find something to do, which wasn't really hard considering.

--Cathedral City Center--

The entire festival was in full swing, enveloping the entirety of the city and the surrounding towns (Many of which contribute to make Cathedral the economic powerhouse it is). Strolling through the variable stands and street performers were the two female crew members of the Skyrunner.

Dalhia
"You know, you never told me you were the captains daughter."

Lorena
"People don't tend to see the similarities, I mostly take after my mother."

Dalhia
"Really now, huh I wouldn't know though, never met the women."

The pair continued to what seemed like a recruiting booth, it was in fact the sign up station for the rocket race. Putting their names down they began to walk away before continuing the conversation.

Dalhia
"We really are going to go through with this aren't we?"

Lorena
"Like hell we are."

--Cathedral Merchant District--

Alex
"Right then, crew is out and about, the festival is going around and chewing peoples wallets up, all in good fun isn't it?"

He looked to his fellow compatriot who was looking quite haggard and annoyed, it wasn't that the festival was bothering him, it was the company he was keeping that insisted on being company.

Richard
"-I mean come on, we are not doing it."

Reagan
"Oh come on please?"

Richard
"For the hundredth time no! And yes, I have been counting."

Reagan
"Just like you, always paying attention to detail, but come on, have some fun for the first time in your dull life!"

Richard
"Just so you know, my life isn't dull, and no, we are not participating in the race!"

Alex
"Wait, this what that was about?"

He hadn't really been listening in to the conversation, but if this was about the race then.....

Alex
"You know what, I'm in, where do we sign up."

The glare he received from Richard was priceless.

Richard
"You can't be serious."

Alex
"Oh we're doing it. And we will win, even if we lose it's not like we lose anything"

Richard
"I quite like my arms, have I ever told you that?"

Reagan was looking at Alex, she really didn't know him, but he had a tendency of interfering when she teased her ex husband over the years, though, thinking about it now, he kind of her type. Maybe she should give him a bit of a push.

Reagan
"City center. Do you need me to show you the way or can you find it yourself?"

Alex
"Oh don't worry, I know where it is, follow me."

« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 10:39:41 am by Piemanlives »

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 02, 2013, 11:55:13 am »

Michael was strolling through the various market stalls with two of the Griffinheart's crew, Lionel and Kay, both of whom served as the ship's gunners and would often claim during flights that they could hit Roc flying at full speed with a mortar. They obviously never attempted this as the consequence of succeeding would likely be death by fall. And the consequence for a failed attempt would be grievous injury by claws. But they were decent gunners and loyal crew members to Michael, who was often unofficially referred to as the real captain of the Griffinheart.

Lionel
"So what's up with this woman just arriving out of the blue and getting all cosy with Gareth?"

Michael
"Apparently they have some history."

Lionel
"What kind of history?"

Michael
"A 'legendary tale' of two bounty hunters and the open sky. They participated in less than lawful activities involving merchant ships."

Kay
"Err, if Gareth has that kind of past, shouldn't we report him?"

Michael
"Don't worry, he's served his time in a Yeshan jail. And he seems like a changed man, and he's still our captain and we all owe him our loyalty. For he's saved us more times than I can count."

The two gunners looked down and thought about it, remembering the real 'legendary tales' of Gareth's heroics over the Middle Plains, at Serenity Bay, at Dragontown.

Michael
"I don't know about you, but I think we can let the past slide."

--Cathedral City centre--

Meanwhile, Gareth and Lyre were being dazzled by the vast array of street performers around them, ranging from fire-breathers to magic tricks, all of which created an atmosphere of wonderment.

Lyre
"Isn't this wonderful?"

Gareth
"It really is. When Cathedral decides to put on a show, it does it in spades."

Lyre then wondered over to what seemed like a recruiting booth and Gareth followed.

Gareth
"'Burren Rocket Race'. you can't be thinking-"

Lyre
"Yes."

Gareth just shrugged, unable to think of any reason why not.

Gareth
"Then why not? Put our names down and we'll have at it. Just like the old times."

Lyre put down both of their names down and continued with Gareth around town.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 03, 2013, 01:14:58 am »

Already out and about to see the Festivel, BdrLine tells to the others that he will go and find anything interesting to send back to his mother in Yesha. This leaves Charles, Courage, and Tommy to themselves to enjoy the festivities and vendors. As the three pass one of the carnival sections, they see an open section of land with people standing in a line looking down what looks like a gun range. A man on a small platform is at the side of the range talking through a microphone.

Carnival Man
"Step right up and see who has the sharpest eyes of the Burren. Let your aim be true, your trigger finger fast, so come here to test your skill. In this event we will have speed shooting, an accuracy challenge, and finally a mock shootout between our competitors. Don't be afraid and man up and take this challenge."

The man attracts a crowd as they are all interested in this challenge. Even to an to a recently discharged Gunnery Sergeant.

Courage
"Huh a gun challenge. Now who would want to do that?"

Tommy
"Yeah, besides if you two entered it would be over in a second. Isn't that right Charles. ...Charles? ..."

Wondering why their third friend wasn't responding, they turn to see him already going to the sign-up sheet. As he returns to Courage and Tommy, both of them give him a blank stare. He looks back between the two of them.

Charles
"What?"

Courage
"You signed up, didn't you."

Charles
"Yeah I did, those other guys won't even know what hit them."

Tommy
"With the training you got from Anvala its gonna be a landslide victory for you."

Charles
"You don't know that, there could be other decent gunners out there. And since this is the Cathedral Festival, there are people around the different Fractions here. So there is a chance for a challenge."

Courage and Tommy rolls their eyes as they give in.

Courage
"Alright, so when's this tourney?"

Charles
"Today was only for sign ups and showing the range we will be using. But it goes over a three day period for the single events."

Tommy
"So we won't have to worry and relax today still, nice. So anyone of you guys wonder what is BdrLine up to?"

The two ex-Defenders just shrugs.

Charles
"Like he said he is out shopping for his mom for a while, it's not like he is going to do something rash."

Tommy
"Guess you are right. Come on what else is around this place.

The three continue on their way only to stop once in a while at the many booths. Speaking of their friend BdrLine, he has already gotten items that would have interested his mother, from exotic plants from the Order, wines from the Baronies, to local clothing. He has hired out some porters to help him deliver the merchandise to the docks to be shipped off to Chang-ning as soon as possible.

--Docks--

At the docks, workers are placing all of the items BdrLine have bought into crates. He is talking to the dockmaster about the shipping.

BdrLine
"Yeah all the way to Chang-ning. Address is 711, should be Humanity Court once translated, in the high-class district. If you get lost ask for the Zhao Manor."

As the dockmaster was writing down the address and special instruction to be posted on the the notice boards for any captain willing to make the delivery, he raises an eyebrow at the name.

Dockmaster
"Zhao? Like the richest and most influential couple in the whole Empire?"

BdrLine
"Yeah, why?"

The dockmaster then looks up and down at BdrLine before answering

Dockmaster
"It just that... your aren't dress like the elite Zhao's."

BdrLine
*sigh* "I get that alot. But we are good to go?"

Dockmaster
"Yeah it's all good. You just need to wait for a captain to pick up this job and all of these will be on their way."

Shaking the mans hand, BdrLine thanks him as he heads back to the City to continue the Festival.

--Somewhere in Cathedral--

As now he doesn't have to worry about his mother anymore, BdrLine walks past a jewlery vendor and spots a elegant gold chain necklace with heart shape pendant with a white pearl in the middle. The seller sees BdrLine eyeing the peice.

Vendor
"That pearl came from the seas off the coast of Chaladon. And the gold was crafted in the forges of the Empire. I see you taken a liking to it."

BdrLine
"Yeah, it looks perfect."

Vendor
"Let me guess, gonna buy it for your lady friend huh."

BdrLine
"Yeah, how much?"

Vendor
"It's a bit pricey, around 750 gold."

Smiling, BdrLine takes out a coin pouch and hands it over to the man. The money was the budget that was transferred to him by his mother to buy what she wanted. With the extra cash, he hands gives it to the man who was surprised by the quick amount of money. Staring at the bag, he hands BdrLine the necklace in a felt case. After his shock, he sees BdrLine walking away.

Vendor
"Wait, wait, I have more items for sale if you are interested."

Smiling, BdrLine takes his satchel and places the case inside for safe keeping. Whistling and continuing on his way, he notices a line to a refunding booth. Courious, he nears the booth and reads the sign, Burren Rocket Race".

BdrLine
Ive heard about this race. Really famous. Only the crazy or brave sign up to this...hmm braaaave....hehehe

He gets at the end of the line and waits patiently to sign the paper. Once at the front, instead of putting down his name, he writes down another, Courage Bell. Chuckling to himself, and knowing he will be shunned by his friend for a while, he thinks of plans for the rocket that Courage will use, and a way to tell him.

Offline Plasmarobo

• Salutes: 41
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 03, 2013, 08:50:38 am »
--Narration--

The impending rocket races had everyone on their toes. The range was just outside the city, in a specially constructed course. Rumors of some sort of prize for anyone who could beat the record set ten years ago abounded.

Plasma spends the day drifting behind Emily who is determined to torture him. At some point he realizes that she's far more interested in mechanics and hydraulics than the clothing. He makes a great show of being cross for the rest of the day as they both miserably wallow in the sea of textiles and jewelry carts.

They eventually encounter Gareth by chance, and Plasma hands him a small bag, thanking him for his services. Plasma glances at Lyre and leers at the pair. Emily drags him away, rolling her eyes.

The pair pass Alex and Richard, and Plasma waves briefly. He glances at the rocket race signups, grimaces, and ignores them.

Those in the Wild Winds find themselves besieged by a large group of revelers who take over much of the Inn, and give Newt a long day of delivering drinks food. The Trading Counter remains closed for the day.

The night comes on slowly. The Festiva laughs in the face of the setting sun, festivities continuing long into the night. Eventually, most people either decide to (in a sudden fit of responsibility) turn in to be rested for the morning, or (as is the more likely case) simply pass out. The rooms of the Wild Winds slowly fill and the day reluctantly comes to a close.

--End Narration--

--End of Day 4--

--Start of Day 5--

--Narration--

The Wild Winds, having closed late last night with Newt throwing some rather obtuse customers into the street, opened a mere few hours later. Plasma stands behind the bar, looking rather chipper. He hums as he takes down the stools and chairs, throws open the doors to the bar, and greets those who spend the night there.

The sounds of sizzling bacon, meat, and other breakfast stuffs fills the room with a pleasant aroma. Emily and Newt are nowhere to be found. Plasma seems to be holding down the fort on his own for today. Still, his smile is ready.

--End Narration--

Plasma glances around at the patrons filtering in. He takes a breath, trying to prepare himself for the festival rush. Not being in Cathedral, or in charge of any kind of services before... it's a bit nerve-wracking. His gaze shifts momentarily to the Staff Only door.
I guess last night was a bit rough on them both. Either that or... well, this would be fairly petty revenge.

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 03, 2013, 11:24:26 am »
--Wild Winds Inn--

Gareth woke up that morning in his bed next to Lyre and smiled, remembering the 'active' night's sleep. After getting dressed he decides not to wake Lyre and instead heads downstairs for some breakfast. The smell of bacon was just too tempting. After coming downstairs he greets Plasma behind the counter and orders a hearty breakfast with extra bread for the birds.

Just as he sits down at a table Michael walks through the door and looks around. After spotting Gareth he joins him there.

Michael
"Morning captain."

Gareth
"Morning to you too. How are you finding the festivities?"

Michael
"Kinda overwhelming to be honest. There's so much stuff happening, and so many people."

Gareth
"Yeah, and apparently there'll be a race."

Michael
"Yes, the 'Burren Rocket Race', I noticed you and Lyre signed up for it."

Gareth
"Ahh, you found the recruitment booth."

Michael
"I even signed up with a few of the lads."

Gareth was slightly taken aback.

Gareth
"So... I guess we're competing."

Michael
"Either way the prize money'll go towards the ship... Assuming you're not leaving us after the festival."

Gareth
"Why would I-"

He followed Michael's gaze toward Lyre, who was now walking down the stairs.

"-Trust me, it'll take more than some old flame to make me leave my crew. You, Lionel, kay, Hector, all the lads, your like brothers."

Gareth then waved toward Lyre, who then, spotting them, joined them at the table. Just as Roc and Garuda both came flying through the door which was just opened by a very surprised customer. the eagles then landed on the table.

Lyre
"So, anything new?"

Gareth
"Looks like Michael will be competing against us in the race."

Lyre
"Well that'll be interesting."

Michael
"may the best... People, win."

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 03, 2013, 02:29:19 pm »
--Warehouse, South Docks --

The crew of the Skyrunner had gathered for an early breakfast, it was agreed that for the duration of the festival that breakfast would be served at 6:00 rather then 7:00, that way they can head back into the fray that is the spring festival. The food was passed around the table, Bacon, bread, varied vegetables and some water. All in all a decent meal to start the day.

Alex
"So you lot, what's happening today?"

Everyone took out a pamphlet, on it described the events for the entirety of the festival.

Richard
"Apparently there is going to be Skooter race later this afternoon, I think I might head to that, what about you guys?"

Alex
"Sounds like fun, I'm in."

Richard gave him a slightly angry look, he was more annoyed then he was angry, mainly because he was too tired to be angry. Around the table however voices of agreement filed in, it would seem that the entire crew was in on the races.

Dalhia
"So, when's the rocket race?"

Richard
"That would be-

He took a quick look at the pamphlet.

-second to last day of the festival at night, they'll announce it an hour early apparently, also it appears you can gather extra materials before the races begin."

Alex
"Can we now? Interesting......"

Alex spaced off after that, why he was looking at the warehouse entrance just across the dockyard they couldn't tell, for the only thing stored in there were guns, guns, and upon that more guns.

Lorena
"So what are we doing out here again?"

She was being pulled about by her partner in crime as the slightly unlikely pair strolled through market stall after market stall.

Dalhia
"You heard Richard, we can buy things for our ship, so all we need is to find the right items."

They stopped by a workshop and began looking through the wide assortment of parts that could be used. One item in particular caught both of their eyes.

Lorena
"Is that a-

Dalhia
"It is."

Both of them stared at it in amazement, mostly because at the price it was going at, no matter, it was cheap enough for them and they bought it anyway.

--Warehouse, South docks--

Richard
"What exactly are you doing?"

For the past hour or so Alex had been rifling through the old guns they used to use on the Skyrunner. He wasn't exactly sure what his captain was looking for, weapons were not allowed in the race, and even if they were, it's not like any of these would be an advantage.

Alex
"I found it!"

Richard
"What exactly is it?"

Alex
"Take a look at my ingeniousness and wipe that disappointed look off your face."

It was probably best if he just looked at it, it's not like it could be of any use to them. He looked in the storage container to see what all the fuss was about.

Richard
"Alright, it can't be that amazing is-

It took him a moment to realize what he was looking at.

-is that a Zypher rocket engine?!"

Alex
"I always thought this would come in handy one day, wouldn't think it'd be now though."

Richard
"Where in hells gate did you get that!?"

Alex
"Well it was sort of here when we bought the warehouse, didn't think it be of any use to us, in fact it wouldn't be, it would probably shatter the turning engines if we tried."

Richard
"I appreciate the thought, so how the hell are we going to keep this to ourselves, some thieves might want to get their hands on it."

Alex
"Simple, load it up on the Skyrunner, that way they'll have to scale rope to get at it, and then they'll wonder how the hell they're going to get the damn thing off the ship."

Richard
"Or we could just put it in one of the storage bins and call it a day."

Alex
"Fine, we'll do it your way."

Richard
"Can't believe you got us into this mess, now I want to win this."

Alex
"That's the spirit, all right help me load this in."

-Wild Winds Inn--

The two of them walked in as the other patrons were preparing for breakfast. It was kind of quiet but it was kind of a nice change of pace from the madness that was building outside. Also that and the two of them could really use a drink or rather five so they decided to head over to the Wild Winds to see what's what.

Gareth
"-Trust me, it'll take more than some old flame to make me leave my crew. You, Lionel, kay, Hector, all the lads, your like brothers."

He couldn't help but over hear that statement, he wasn't going to barge in like the recruitment a few days ago however.

Alex
"You can't still be angry with me."

Richard
"I more annoyed at the fact you decided to go along with her antics, she does this to spite me you know."

Alex
"I never did understand your relationship."

The two of them left if off there and decided it would be best, if they got back to their drinks.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 03, 2013, 07:23:10 pm »
--Wild Winds Inn--

Courage
"What?!? You signed me up for that?"

It's the morning of the next day and all four of them are down eating breakfast when BdrLine told Courage that he signed him up for the rocket race. His expression is not one of a happy man. 

BdrLine
"Come on it will be fun. It's straight forward, we put you in a ship strapped with as many rockets we can, fly to each checkpoint as fast as you can, and see how far you go as well. See simple."

Courage
"Not for the fact it's the most dangerous race out there."

BdrLine
"pssh there have been no reported deaths in this race, you'll be fine."

Courage
"How about the many injuries and accidents. The, the, the big one that happened many annums ago. The Chaladonian, inventor of the squid, what was his name..."

Snaps his fingers to help remember.

"Isaac Philips. He had a monstrosity of a build and he crashed into a town or something."

BdrLine
"But you have me and Tommy to help work on the ship you'll be using."

Courage
"Oh that's encouraging."

BdrLine
"Don't worry we will make this as safe as possible for you. We'll add a roll cage or something if worst come to worst."

Laying his head down in defeat, Courage gives in and will participate in the event. Humoured by the morning antics, Charles eats his meal while listening in on the conversation. As he finishes eating, Charles looks at the wall clock and sees it is almost time for the first shooting event.

Charles
"Skies look at the time. Well lads I'll be heading off to the competition range. Wish me luck."

The three waves him off as Charles walks out of the Inn and into the crowded streets towards the event. Back at the table, BdrLine and Tommy also looks at the clock and quickly finishes their food. As the two gets up, Courage put up his brand and stares at the pair.

Courage
"Where the flak are you two going?"

BdrLine
"To start on your ship that's what, we have a few days to get it ready and why not now. Just don't worry about it and spend the day out. Come one Tommy let's see if they have rockets around here."

The two leave the Inn as well leaving Courage at the table alone with his plate of food still in front of him. 

--Somewhere in Cathedral--

BdrLine
"Now if I were rocket parts to be used for the race, where would I be."

Tommy
"I don't think talking out loud will help Bdr."

BdrLine
"Shh hold on let me think."

The two are walking around the city looking for parts to be used for Courage's ship. For some hours now they haven't seen anything mechanical or rocket related. 

Tommy
"How about we check the docks, I think they have a warehouse of material just for this."

BdrLine
"hmm good point, let's go."

Shaking his head, Tommy wonders sometimes to BdrLine's oblivious nature as the docks would have been the first place to look. Somehow they manage to find themselves in the middle of a crowd where some street magician was performing. As they were leaving, in the background and announce calls out the name of the man.

Announcer
"Ladies and Gentlemen, give a round of applause for the Great Dayral."

--Docks--

At the docks, after asking and being pointed to the right direction, they see a warehouse open with spare rocket and ship parts for the race. Inside they see other competitors and their crew salvaging for parts.

BdrLine
"Ahh parts, this almost feels like a third home to me now."

Tommy
"Don't you get lost in your happy place, we still need to make a ship from scratch."

Shaking his head, BdrLine nods in agreement and the two enters the building to start on the project. 

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 04, 2013, 02:35:20 am »
--Wild Wind Inn--

After enjoying a hearty breakfast, Gareth, Lyre and Michael were discussing what to do that day.

Gareth
"We could go watch that shooting competition."

Lyre
"That'll do. You joining us Michael?"

Michael
"Can't, I gotta go get to work on finding a squid. I'm not entering no Junker in that race."

Gareth
"Good point. We're in fact using Lyre's Squid."

He turned to her.

"But we still need to retrofit some rockets."

Lyre
"Don't worry, I can get some of those from connections I have."

Michael looked at her a bit disapprovingly, before bidding fairwell and striding out of the Inn and heading to the docks. While Gareth and Lyre, closely followed by the eagles, went off in search of the shooting range.

Offline Piemanlives

• [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 04, 2013, 02:26:11 pm »

The two of them continued walking along the stalls of mechanical parts, still holding the part that's going to win them the race.

Lorena
"can't believe we found a ADF-01 FALKEN engine, man didn't know what he had, anyway, what's the status on our combined funds?"

Dalhia
"1,236 I think anymore and we won't have enough for other things."

For just a moment her eyes snaked their way to a jewelry stand on the other side of the market and a clothes rack nearby. It was fairly obvious what she was asking but no, they needed this money to win, and it wasn't like they could wear the clothes on board the ship anyway.

Lorena
"I know what you're thinking but no, we are not doing that."

Dalhia
"Awww, you're no fun!"

Lorena
"And I want to win, is that so much to ask?"

Dalhia
"Fine, I'll hold off on the clothes, what is the prize anyway?"

Lorena
"I don't actually know, anyway I want to get a skooter looter frame, preferably a two-seater, we'll convert it into a flying craft. Sound good?"

Dalhia
"Alright, we'll just have to find one."

--Cathedral Dock Yard--

Richard
"What exactly are we looking for?"

Alex
"One of those old flying craft pirates used to use back in the day, preferably a three seater, it'll be easier to use something made for flying at high speeds then just a ship."

Richard
"Do you at least have an idea about how much this'll cost?

Alex
"2,000? maybe 2,500. Ahh there's one."

Richard followed his gaze, it was an old battered looking craft. Still in one piece at least, it would probably need a bit of touching up here and there but it looked flyable.

Richard
"Question, do we even have that much to spend?"

Alex
"Nope, which is why we're going to barter our asses off."

They spent the next hour or so attempting to lower the price with no effect, unfortunately this meant they were going to have to improvise.

Alex
"That didn't work to well now did it?"

Richard
"You know we coul-'

Alex
"Think Alex think, what could we do?"

Richard
"Uh, captain I-"

Alex
"Not now Richard, ideas, I need Ideas."

Richard
"Captain we could-"

Alex
"Richard I said not now."

Richard
"Captain!"

Alex
"Ok fine, what the hell do you want!"

Richard
"Oh for heavens sake! Shut up for a moment!"

Oh that got him, it quite for a few seconds before he continued.

Richard
"All I'm trying to say is, we should buy a skooter looter, convert it into some sort of flying craft, and skillfully mount the engine on it, not only is it cheaper but we can use the damn thing later instead of it falling apart somewhere because we can't use it."

Alex began thinking it over, it was kind of an ingenious plan, a cheaper craft wouldn't put that large of a dent into their funds, but a skooter looter was also smaller, meaning they could fit it into smaller space.

Alex
"Alright fine, I still would prefer a three seater though.