Author Topic: Progress & Workload Distribution  (Read 69065 times)

Offline James T. Kirk

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 182
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
    • The Cake Official Website!
Re: Progress & Workload Distribution
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 03:41:21 pm »
There should also be a section for community slang.
I remember how stupid I felt asking what a "meat grinder" was for the first time.

I am definitely NOT the person for this; I'm not even sure I know what a "dragon boat" is.

On a completely unrelated note: I want to contribute, but everything I feel knowlagable in has already been taken. Does anyone need an editor?
I took a few grammar classes and can edit for flow.

Offline Kyren

• Salutes: 80
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2013, 06:16:37 am »
I offer my write up of uses for all the pilot items here:

https://gunsoficarus.com/community/forum/index.php/topic,686.0.html

However I do not have the stats for the various items and perhaps Cul's wiki entries are more appropriate for a manual. Also for god's sake put on some pants!

Aye, my thanks again :) I've added it in the first post!

Please look through the gunner ammo, the guns, and the pilot tools on the wiki. I feel that they are acceptable, and that you can green them off on the list.

I'm sorry for the delay with this, I'll look into it whether in the next hours here at work, or once I get home. I initially expected to be jobless the past week already, and here I'm still sitting in the office, so it all got a bit messed up. I'm on it, and it's on my conscience, though :P

Edit: Guess the Ammo will be outdated. Oh well, I can fix it myself then.

On a completely unrelated note: I want to contribute, but everything I feel knowlagable in has already been taken. Does anyone need an editor?
I took a few grammar classes and can edit for flow.

We need a different wording for "Community Slang", something more general.. Common abbreviations? I agree that we need a section for this, and I'd add it to the content list, I'm just not sure about the name.

Aye, I could definitely use an editor for my own texts, because I don't feel too confident about my English. I'll post what I did so far this Sunday if all goes well, and notify you for having a look over it!
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 06:26:22 am by Kyren »

Offline DMaximus

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 28
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 11, 2013, 02:04:27 pm »

We need a different wording for "Community Slang", something more general.. Common abbreviations? I agree that we need a section for this, and I'd add it to the content list, I'm just not sure about the name.

Jargon is "the technical terminology or characteristic idiom of a special activity or group." Sounds about right.

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 14, 2013, 04:02:18 am »
What are we looking for in Leveling Rewards? I'd be willing to do it.

Offline -Muse- Cullen

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 47
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 14, 2013, 04:26:47 am »
I think that we could wrangle in Sunderbro for Clans & Guilds....  8)

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 14, 2013, 09:47:37 am »
Why me? How could I possibly know anything about clans? :P

What kind of structure and content are you looking for for the Clans & Guilds section?

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2013, 05:24:41 pm »
I'd say the current available clans/guilds, who leads them, size, goal/mission, who their looking for, that sort of thing, I could be wrong though.

Offline timmymonsta

• Salutes: 16
    • [BSSN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2013, 10:16:55 pm »
I'll take up the leveling and achievement section if noone has claimed it yet!

Offline Prof. Giles Percy

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 15, 2013, 09:44:00 am »
I wouldn't mind working on the Pilot roles and load outs.

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2013, 04:21:41 am »
So that's what I get when I'm solving bureaucratic trouble "over the weekend" :P When I check the forum every couple of minutes for new posts here, nada, when you guys notice I'm gone you start flooding the board :D But I'm glad for it! Let's see:

Jargon is "the technical terminology or characteristic idiom of a special activity or group." Sounds about right.

Jargon is excellent, I'll add it to the content list!

What are we looking for in Leveling Rewards? I'd be willing to do it.
Why me? How could I possibly know anything about clans? :P

What kind of structure and content are you looking for for the Clans & Guilds section?
I'd say the current available clans/guilds, who leads them, size, goal/mission, who their looking for, that sort of thing, I could be wrong though.
Mr. Piemanlives is right on that one! We'd best list the current and active guilds (although this can best be achieved by simply linking to your index, Sunderland) and apart from that... we'd need the theory. What functions there are in the game for founding and representing a guild (clan tags, currently), how they are usually organized (steam groups) and where to get in contact with them. (forum). I guess this section won't be big at the moment, because the guild functionality isn't very big. You wouldn't mind me to write you down on the list for that, Mr. Sunderland? Oh, and can I by chance throw all the Engineer parcours your way too? :)

I'll take up the leveling and achievement section if noone has claimed it yet!

Granted! I've started a collection thread a while ago... Link but to my shame I didn't get behind it as actively as I should have. By advertising this one ingame you/we should be able to collect some information on it. I'll also PM Muse about it, maybe we can get a list or something, that would make it easier for you. However, I wouldn't want to interfere in your work :)

I wouldn't mind working on the Pilot roles and load outs.

I've got to look over the Pilot load out section on the English Wiki to make sure they're up to date with the patch, I'll get that done when I'm at home again (early morning here, so in about 7 hours), and send you a PM then to confirm that you can safely use the information from there. But I'll gladly assign you to it :) I think we'll mainly need to spice up the Wiki information with nice formatting to fit into the whole guide and then add information about good combinations, usage strategies, and so on.

In short: Adding Jargon section to the content list, needing a confirmation from Mr. N-Sunderland to assign him to the clans content, assigning Mr. timmymonsta to Leveling & Achievements, assigning Mr. Prof. Giles Percy to Pilot roles and loadouts but will make sure the Wiki information is up to date first. And thanking the sailors above as well as Piemanlives and Cullen for getting involved here! Did I leave anyone out? Oh, and updating the content list with the names.

Edit: I'll also PM all of the Guide contributors these days, asking for Steam IDs. For reliable contacting if something goes wrong. Feel free to add me beforehand, you can find my Steam profile link in my profile here!

Edit 2: Actualized the English Wiki with values from the 1.3 Patchnotes Link (Just Guns, Engineering and Piloting tools though, Skills and Gameplay categories, that is. I'll add the Mine Launcher late today)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 05:42:42 am by Kyren »

Offline Squidslinger Gilder

• Salutes: 287
    • [TBB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2013, 06:10:48 am »
I could add some input for advanced squid tactics and piloting it but it would be nice if Muse completely fixed the squid before writing it. As it sits right now there would be a lot of "As of 1.3" notes and then "pre 1.2" notes about how the ship could really handle if it was fixed. With a buffed balloon the rate of climb and descend with hydro/chute is actually back more to 1.1 capabilities with unbuffed. But the turn rate, acceleration, and speed is still poor.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 18, 2013, 09:06:03 am »
I can handle the clan stuff and engineer parkour/other efficiency tricks.

Offline Coldcurse

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 164
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 21, 2013, 06:00:37 pm »
isnt there a part about clans?

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2013, 06:14:52 pm »
Yes, and I claimed it in the post immediately preceding yours.

Offline Kyren

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2013, 08:06:46 am »
I'll update this again when I'm back home. I've sadly got to set us a deadline, I'd like us to get as much done as possible until the 27th of August. If one of you is unable to "work" during that time, we'll see what can be done about it, but don't put yourself in any stress.

I'll make sure we're well organized and still know who's up to what and how soon we can expect it to be finished by contacting all the contributors per PM and setting up Steam contacts. I should be back in around 2-3 hours to get on to that!