Author Topic: The Mobula  (Read 316916 times)

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
Re: The Mobula
« Reply #495 on: August 08, 2013, 01:54:36 pm »
Any considerations for more ways up to the top gun?
Aside from the secret jump technique from the helm?

By the way will muse leave that in for the next patch?

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 08, 2013, 01:59:15 pm »
Any considerations for more ways up to the top gun?
Aside from the secret jump technique from the helm?

By the way will muse leave that in for the next patch?
The secret jump technique is one of the reasons I actually like the Mobula, it allows the pilot to have a certain degree of direct control over the firing patterns, which, in public matches, can be incredibly helpful.

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 08, 2013, 02:00:02 pm »
secret  jump technique. . what  secret jump technique. . theres no secret jump technique. . no there isn't. . not one bit. . . .

(but seriously. . . i'm asking for a simple fix i can apply, but theres so many things going on its been pushed back. . )

Offline HamsterIV

• Salutes: 328
    • View Profile
    • Monkey Dev
« Reply #498 on: August 08, 2013, 02:19:09 pm »
I hope this non extant technique stays viable for the immediate future. I certainly don't use it to fire flares at the most tactically appropriate times. Nor do I refer to the middle gun as the "Captain's gun" due to this technique, which doesn't exist. I also do my best not to spread lies and rumors about this technique to any new players I encounter. I certainly wouldn't want to be held responsible for disseminating obviously false information.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 08, 2013, 03:56:16 pm »
I've tried the rear ladders and you can climb up them more quickly than the front one due to the clearance you've got for jumping onto them, but it's still slower than the times when you can manage to get on top of the raised ledge next to the ladder.

The mobula is the only ship where engineers have to follow the most obvious route, with the exception of jumping into the wing area, back or front.

The Goldfish has fast access from balloon to hull or turning engines, the Pyramidion has fast access to the hull from the balloon and a fast way to get to the turning engines from the rear engine mezzanine ....

I mean I could go on but it'd just be repetition.

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 08, 2013, 04:59:30 pm »
The Pyramidion doesn't benefit from having quick travel from balloon to hull. It benefits from having a gungineer (who happens to be positioned near the balloon) with quick access to the hull. Same goes for the Mobula. If you have a main engi and a left gungineer then you get the same benefit.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 08, 2013, 05:25:42 pm »
The Pyramidion doesn't benefit from having quick travel from balloon to hull. It benefits from having a gungineer (who happens to be positioned near the balloon) with quick access to the hull. Same goes for the Mobula. If you have a main engi and a left gungineer then you get the same benefit.

I think you saw the words hull and balloon and read that as a request for a portal between the hull and balloon in the mobula.

I'm not.

I'm asking for using an existing geometry, because

-given that the engie will mostly be either at the central wing component (hull, balloon) or the gun mount it won't speed anything up to add a second ladder it just gives you a choice of which bottleneck to use.

I'm asking for this because it will give a choice of access to the drive engine and wing top area, as do the ladders, also because the design of most other ships in this game have routes players can take which are not initially apparent, but are quicker once you know them.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: August 08, 2013, 05:32:17 pm »
Sorry for misreading that. I guess I just got fed up with all the people asking for a tunnel and didn't think straight.

Finding different routes has always been my favourite part of GoIO. I searched the ship as soon as it appeared on the dev app and found very little, so I fully agree with you.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 10, 2013, 01:16:42 am »
What if we have a man hole cover over the balloon and hull so a engineer can hope on down from the mid deck?

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 10, 2013, 07:07:06 am »
What if we have a man hole cover over the balloon and hull so a engineer can hope on down from the mid deck?

Perhaps with ladders leading back up... still a PITA to get to both balloon and hull, but possibly able to do a round trip within a mallet cooldown.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 10, 2013, 09:30:40 am »
It really, really doesn't need a quicker route between the two. The main engineer on the Pyramidion never goes up the balloon, and I don't see anybody complaining there.

Offline Spud Nick

• Salutes: 130
    • [✦✦45]
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 11, 2013, 08:51:20 am »
It doesn't need it but having more parkour on this ship would be nice.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 11, 2013, 09:34:13 am »
Right, sure. But some sort of hallway in between them (or the manhole or whatever) is hardly parkour, nor is it useful.

Offline naufrago

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 10
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 11, 2013, 01:40:10 pm »
If only wall jumps were a thing...
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 01:42:24 pm by naufrago »

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: August 11, 2013, 02:21:32 pm »
. . . man if wall jumps where a thing. . .

anyway , did a few updates to the ship last time i got a chance, that will probably be the last change until when ever the next big patch is after this upcoming one. the secret technique that doesn't exist still doesn't exist. . .  added more damage between the two damage states in hopes its more noticeable, but i feel i still can push it more.  fixed some ladder stuff. annnddd also fixed some awkward collisions here and there like at the railing around the back side engines. . . if anyones ever tried jumping on that railing for what ever reason you'd probably already see it was a bit weird and glitchy. not that you have any reason to jump on railing. . .