Author Topic: The Mobula  (Read 320235 times)

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 49
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
Re: The Mobula
« Reply #420 on: July 10, 2013, 11:21:49 pm »
i've been pushing the idea that the next ship will be a lenz ship, thats all about heavy weapons . . . for the soul reason to keep things even between us, as well as between ships with heavy weapons and those with out.

Offline Keon

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 105
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: July 11, 2013, 12:17:10 am »
Still waiting on those Large Weapons we were promised a while ago. When do we get the big guns? And by that I mean ships that might as well be one giant gun.

And yes, I know that was abandoned. (BUT IF YOU DO ADD IT!)

Offline Piemanlives

• Salutes: 155
    • [Cake]
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: July 11, 2013, 12:24:13 am »
I want my howitzer, and I want it as part of my ship.

Offline Calico Jack

• Salutes: 25
    • [2620]
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: July 11, 2013, 05:55:30 am »
the ship is incredibly potent as an artillery platform, and I weep for those who attempt close range gat/flak fighting with it.

won 2 Desert Scrap matches with it - you just need the right mix of long range and short range, and by right mix I mean choosing the turning arcs carefully so you can have crossed arcs from the wings. In one match we were up against a gat/flak Mobula which was lethal close up, but suffered at range. It fills the checkpoint nicely, but the balloon is it's Achilles heel if you know how to exploit it.

Offline shadowsteel

• Salutes: 18
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: July 11, 2013, 11:00:58 am »
To me it's the new spire.
Bit of a glass cannon. Incredibly exploitable weakness. High firepower.
In a way I see it as the new Junker. It's a bit of a jack of all trades. It can be a support ship, a brawler, a sniper... I'm really loving the potential for variety.

It is the result of crashing a spire and junker together while running moonshine :)

It has the fire power of a junker but a spire's placement and it's profile is pretty much a horizontal spire.
And if your facing it head-on it hull profile is very thin like the junker.

Offline Shinkurex

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 102
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: July 11, 2013, 11:25:05 am »
i've been pushing the idea that the next ship will be a lenz ship, thats all about heavy weapons . . . for the soul reason to keep things even between us, as well as between ships with heavy weapons and those with out.

Dangit.... Why cant I give you Salutes faster!

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: July 11, 2013, 12:48:09 pm »
From what I saw just now in a match, the Mobula does indeed have no hull to protect the balloon from crashing onto the ground continuously, saw a Mobula velcro onto the ground, their hull was taking no damage, only the balloon, this should be adressed, makes recovering from LJ/Carronade/Flame assaults almost impossible.

Offline Andrej Peribosky

• Salutes: 4
    • [MAF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: July 11, 2013, 04:08:26 pm »
I like the ship a lot.

I am using gatflak on right side, and banshee on lower left.
Hullgineer will shot the banshee when he can, having an easy trifecta while aiming on the second rail point from the center.
Haven't really used the top and top left guns.
I am using the ship by assigning the gunner on top deck, and each engineer to a lower wing, keeping gatflak primary guns on the right side, since balloon is less critical

I am having a good success with this loadout, mostly ignoring ballon in favor of flak fire, and using drogue chute to prevent fast sinking.
I think the pilot on this ship is what really decides the outcome of a fight. Many times i have 1v1'd other mobulae and found myself at their back 10 seconds after an initial frontal engagement.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 04:09:59 pm by Andrej Peribosky »

Offline N-Sunderland

• Salutes: 281
    • [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: July 11, 2013, 04:12:31 pm »
Actually, you can manage double gat and triple flak at the moment.

Upper side guns Gatling
Lower side guns flak
Front gun flak

Two engis on gats, one on hull. Once the hull armour goes down, both gat engis jump down to the flaks, and the pilot jumps and gets on the third flak from underneath.

Offline Echoez

• Salutes: 40
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: July 11, 2013, 04:46:17 pm »
and the pilot jumps and gets on the third flak from underneath.

Just to make sure people know, this is not an intended function and will probably be fixed, so don't realy take for granted cause it might not work in the future.

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: July 11, 2013, 04:56:47 pm »
and the pilot jumps and gets on the third flak from underneath.

Just to make sure people know, this is not an intended function and will probably be fixed, so don't realy take for granted cause it might not work in the future.

That's true. In the future I'll probably run a utility weapon up there... Or maybe a merc.

Still, double gatflak works :D

Offline Enjix

• Salutes: 3
    • [SAC]
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: July 11, 2013, 05:50:15 pm »
I'll be really sad if/when the helm -> mid gun jump ends up being taken out. That's really the only fancy jump you can do on the Mobula at the moment.  :(

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: July 11, 2013, 07:13:35 pm »
man, you guys finding glitches we hoped you wouldn't find til we fix it. . . lenz found that one out and there was no reasonable way to fix with what tools we had available outside of making the gun sit a few miles above the helm. . . i also wanted to kill him for finding it cause of course he'd be the one to find a glitch like that... 

Offline N-Sunderland

• [Duck]
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: July 11, 2013, 08:24:56 pm »
Ok Lordfunpants, here's the deal. It's a fair trade. You can take away our helm jump, but in exchange you need to make there be an epic, super parkoury and difficult way to get all the engines in one run with a single engi. I know you're a platformer fan. Doooo iiiitttt :P

Offline LordFunPants

• Muse Games
    • [LFP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: July 11, 2013, 08:46:06 pm »
if i had it my way you'd be shooting yourself out the mine launcher from one side of the ship to the other side to repair things quickly ala mario 64