Author Topic: What constitutes a "Gameplay" thread  (Read 6351 times)

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
What constitutes a "Gameplay" thread
« on: August 10, 2013, 10:48:03 am »
Within the past few days I've seen quite a few threads posted here that are better suited to other boards. Whether this is due to new player influx or just a little less diligence than usual doesn't matter. Forum posts keep the community alive and well and I'm more than happy to move a few threads if it means an active community. However there seems to be a bit of a misconception about this area of the forums. The Gameplay board is for balance discussion. If you have some interesting stories to tell about something that happened in game or interesting footage related to gameplay it's perfectly welcome in the forums, but those posts are better suited to either The Gallery for artistic endeavours, or General Discussion for everything else.

Great to see you guys active and posting.

Thanks,
Community Ambassador Queso

Offline Gryphos

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 57
    • View Profile
Re: What constitutes a "Gameplay" thread
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2013, 04:43:44 pm »
I think it should go in the gameplay section if it is, well, to do with gameplay. if it concerns matters of strategy, balance, numbers etc. The recent off topic threads were, I think, just born from misunderstanding.

Offline Queso

• Muse Games
  • Salutes: 126
    • [Muse]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2013, 07:40:28 pm »
Exactly. Balance and strategy belong here and there are other sections for everything else. I just wanted to clear that up. It's really not work to move a thread to the right place. It'll get more response in the proper sections of the forums though.

Offline DerZivilist

• Salutes: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 10:48:54 am »
Maybe renaming "Gameplay" into "Game Mechanics" could be an option? It outlines more clearly at one glance the intended content of the forum, whereas the former term is really very broad.