Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1156980 times)

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1200 on: April 14, 2013, 08:17:09 pm »
--Sky's Private Airstrip--
*Since the storm delayed Sky's test flight yesterday, he moved it back today. Iris and Sky are already in the plane on the runway, about to take off, Sky is the first to respond*

"All systems seem good, how about you Iris?"

"Green across the board! Ready when you are!"

*Sky turns on the engine and after awhile, the planes begins moving, Sky comments*

"We haven't died yet! Thank the Emperor that Bdrline's engine works!"

*Plane begins to shake as it reaches higher speeds, which is completely normal. Then it begins to lift off the ground and into the air, plenty of runway left, Iris replies with joy*

"We have lift off! Hurray!"

"Its a small victory, now time for the real test. We know pitch works, what about yaw and roll?"

*Sky rolls to see if it works, it does*

"Alright, now about that yaw."

*The plane slowly turns as Sky pushes on one of the pedals, Iris responds*

"Alright, now the boring bit is over, lets wake up a city."

*Sky ignores the weathers and turns around, heading straight into the town*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1201 on: April 14, 2013, 08:27:55 pm »
Zill headed over to Jun'ko's apartment complex. He walked fairly slow, thinking about all the things being put into motion. The DLTC nonsense would have to wait. If Republic Fleet ships got too close, it wouldn't be pretty. When he got to her building, he saw her on a bench with a box next to her. When he approached, he realized she was crying.
"What's wrong Jun??"

"I've been gone so long they sold my apartment away and sold my furniture to pay the rent. All that's left is this box of family pictures and some trinkets..."

Zill stares in disbelief that they would do such a thing. His disbelief turned to anger quite quickly, and he stormed off into the apartment office. He was greeted by a receptionist who immediately recognized him.
"To what do we owe this honor, Admiral?"

"The landlord is deserving of my company for a recent eviction."

His tone was enough to get her to run back and get the landlord. A moment later he appeared.
"Well hey there...."

"Save it. I've been informed you recently evicted a tenant here. Goes by the name of Jun'ko."

"Ah yes, well she was behind on her rent...."

"And you sold her things to compensate, and kicked her out."

"Its....Its our policy....."

"You useless, greedy, waste of humanity. She was off saving the world while you stuffed your pockets with gold that rightfully belongs to her. Not to mention all the memories she's lost to your greed."

The landlord just went pale. He clearly was frightened for his life at this point.
"Well....uh....I can...."

"I'll tell you what you can do. You refund her all of the money you made from the sales. Then, you get rid of that idiotic policy. If I ever hear of it being used in here again, it'll be the last time you own anything in Anvala."

"Yes, yes of course."

"Now go clean yourself. I can smell it from here."

Embarrassingly, the landlord had soiled himself. The receptionist promised the debt would be repaid. Zill walked outside and told Jun'ko the news. She stood up in shock. After a few moments, she just wrapped him in embrace.

Offline Honeybadger

• Salutes: 21
    • [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1202 on: April 14, 2013, 09:25:42 pm »
*Honeybadger timidly comes into the saloon and slowly sits at the bar*

Honeybadger: I should thank Papa, after the ruckus he made, I could slip away... I just hope she left.

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1203 on: April 14, 2013, 09:31:10 pm »
--Saloon--

*Liu goes up to Yiski and takes a set at the bar*
"Why yes, since I am here. It be best to start making arrangements. Where do you think would be an ideal place for the ceremony?"

*The two discuss the preparations as Yiski goes around giving out drinks*

*As Honeybadger enters the building, Liu hears the door opening and sees him*
"There you are Honey, don't think that yesterday's incident gets you out of the clear. So do tell about what happened between you and my sister."

--Docks--

*After checking all of his equipment, BdrLine thanks his group as they leave their separate ways.*
*He then heads to the Saloon to meet up with his mother*

--City Center--

*After finishing their dinner and paying the bill, Ny-Lee and Roland heads out into the city*
*Few hours has passed as walked around the Center, Ny-Lee notices that the sun was setting*
"Dear it's getting late, let's head back to the saloon."

*Roland looks up at the sky and sees hat she was right*
"Yeah we should head back now, also my leg starting to hurt a bit."

*The two then turns around and heads back.*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:33:34 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1204 on: April 14, 2013, 09:47:09 pm »
*Honeybadger's face looks startled, then he sighs and sits down near Liu*

Honeybadger: God, if your listening. Please send Papa to shoot up the place "Alright, I think it's about time to tell the story." At least Sarah isn't here...

*Sarah comes into the saloon, stretches, and yawns loudly*

Honeybadger: Motherfucker...

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1205 on: April 14, 2013, 09:49:44 pm »
--Inside Sky's Plane--

*Sky brings himself towards the saloon, the sound of the engine filling the sky. Sky gets close to the saloon, passing overhead. The sound of the engine is so loud that anyone in the saloon would have heard it. Sky responds*

"That'll scare them! Ha ha! Now lets head back before we lose a wing."

*Sky turns around and dives on the Saloon again, pulling away before running into it, this time he heads back to his private airstrip*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1206 on: April 14, 2013, 09:55:28 pm »
--Saloon--

*Liu kept fielding questions to Yiski as he kept taking orders and serving drinks. In reality though, the two realized it was Liu doing most of the planning just relaying it to Yiski mostly because Yiski didn't want to get involved with a the frilly details. Yet there was one detail the Yiski argued over consistently: Where the wedding was going to be held. It was obvious Liu wanted it in Chang-ning.*

"I say Chang-ning is the best wedding location, I'd have more resources there that I could use for the wedding."

*Likewise, Yiski wanted the wedding to happen in Anvala.*

"With all respect Liu, it should be here. It where the two met and fell in love with each other. They're more emotionally attached here."

*The two continued to argue the point to the extent all of the patron overhearing the discussion. While a few did attempt to stop them, the more experienced patrons advised against it. The patron veterans could see this storm coming from a kilometer away and they didn't want to get stuck in the middle of it. Soon the discussion turned for the worse.*

"Anvala's weather is too unpredictable and could potentially ruin the wedding."

"Well, likewise, Chang-ning suffers from the occasional dust storm and when it isn't, the city's factories smoke black out the skies."

*Eventually, Roland and Ny-Lee returned to the saloon. As soon as Liu and Yiski saw them, they simultaneously asked.*

"Where should the wedding be at?"

*The couple looked at each other and simply shrugged their shoulders and laughed. This caused Liu and Yiski to give deadpanned expressions.*

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1207 on: April 14, 2013, 10:15:58 pm »
--Wazulu's Airship, City Docks---

*seeing Skyraider* Well, screw me sideways. Bloody hell, one  of these days we'll get a man on the Moon. Anyways, work to be done, places to be.

*Seeing a gate official approaching* Goddamned Council, one of these days I'll just flat out decline their operations

GO: Chief Warrant Officer Wazulu?

W: We both know I've been AWOL for a year and a half.

GO: The Council has need of your services.

W: Somehow this doesn't come off as a fair terms of employment.

GO: If you decline you will be court-martialed and sentenced to a wartime punishment.

W: What a shame, I've heard the mines are lovely this time of year.

GO: The Council requires you to travel to the Northern side of the Anglean Border, report Anglean ship movement and following that wait for a signal to return.

W: Sounds easy.... Although I have to ask, why so afraid to use the Squids?

GO: Watch your tongue Warrant Officer, you don't have any knowledge of that division.

W: Fine. Wish me good luck, although I doubt you're expecting me back in one piece. 

GO: The Council will-

W: Yeah yeah, just let me out the damn gate, dust breather.

*Taking off, unsure of his return to Anvala, Wazulu flies through the gate*

Goodbye Anvala, and goodbye good booze!

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1208 on: April 14, 2013, 11:12:59 pm »
*As BdrLine nears the Saloon, he hears something odd coming behind him*
*He stops a few feet from the entrance as he listen for the noise*
Hmm the hell is that... sounds like an engine... thats odd shouldn't airships have multiple engies, why do i hear one

*As he listen for the noise, BdrLine hears that it is coming closer and lower*
*BdrLine turns around as only to find a monoplane flying close to the ground doing a fly-by*
*The plane was flying fast and low that he had to dive to the floor*

*As BdrLine gets back up he curses at the plane who he realised must be Skyraider*
Gods Sky, could of had me killed

*What BdrLine didn't notices was that Skyraider did a turn around and dived at the Saloon again*
*BdrLine felt the wind come up his back as Sky's plane passes over head*

*BdrLine shakes his head as he walks in*
*As he enters, he sees Ny-Lee and his sister in between his mother and Yiski, who seems to be arguing about something*
"I guess this is a bad time?"

*Liu over hears his sone and turns to him*
"Oh no we are just having a little disagreement about where should we do the wedding. I'm telling to Yiski that it should be held back in Chang-ning, but he insist that it should be here. We are at a standstill at the moment."

*BdrLine thinks about something for a second*
"How about do the wedding on the new luxury airship The Dawning Sun?"

*Ny-Lee to her brother*
"You mean the one thats almost finished back in Chang-ning?"

"Yeah why not do it on there, it be nice for all of use, plus once it hits the skies, its neither in both cities as they are traveling around the world."

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #1209 on: April 14, 2013, 11:43:43 pm »
Papa walks in and starts mowing down the bar with his carbine...

*Honeybadger shakes his head and wake up from his day dream*

Paradox walked in and sat beside Liu, he was eating an apple watching avidly as she was bickering with Yiski. She didn't even notice him.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 11:46:41 pm by Papa Paradox »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1210 on: April 14, 2013, 11:59:48 pm »
--NARRATOR--

Liu and Yiski look at each other, mulling over BdrLine's compromise. They both nod and shake on it. Everyone, including the patrons, are relieved. Having a wedding on a gigantic luxury ship would at least be interesting.

Zill and Jun'ko spent the rest of the evening on his Galleon. After literally scaring the landlord shitless, the two celebrated the only way they could: Alcohol and sex.

BdrLine and his mother head back to his place. While leaving, Liu did notice Paradox, but after the yesterday's incident, she didn't bother acknowledging his existence.

Roland and Ny-Lee set up for the night again in the saloon's spare room. After Yiski had closed and fallen asleep, the two decided to continue with their own 'activities.'

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 68--
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 01:20:08 am by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1211 on: April 15, 2013, 10:55:11 am »
--START OF DAY 69--

--NARRATOR--

Morning comes and Yiski is up along with it. He gets ready as he always has: checking the equipment, checking the stills, checking the taps, and making sure the main floor is clean.

By the time Yiski is done, he sees Roland and Ny-Lee come downstairs. Yiski notices Ny-Lee's hair is a mess and the two are wearing a large grin. Yiski laughs.

"Not even trying to hide the fact you two are having sex around me?"

*Ny-Lee blushes and Roland gives her a kiss on the cheek. Roland turns to Yiski.*

"Well, you made it clear you, Zill, and Jun'ko know what we do."

*Ny-Lee nods in agreement and chimes in.*

"It's not like we're telling you what we do. Unless you want to know."

*Yiski laughs again.*

"No, no, I think I can live without knowing any of that."

*All three laughed to start the day.*

--NARRATOR END--

Offline Honeybadger

• [H♥B]
    • View Profile
    • My Stream
« Reply #1212 on: April 15, 2013, 11:07:28 am »
*Honeybadger decides wether to get up today, then turns over and goes back to sleep*

Honeybadger: "Mmph..."

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1213 on: April 15, 2013, 11:38:44 am »
-- At the Docks --
*after wazulu going off on a "business trip", lockheart takes to the final preparations on his ship before setting off on his merchant run*

"right well everything seems to be accounted for... hmmm, 1,2,3,4..."

*continues counting the various crates that lie in the cargo hold of his ship*

"yep everythings here"

*a crewman approaches*

Crewman: "sir we are ready to be airborne!"

Lockheart: "get warming the engines up and grease the guns, ill plot our course"

*walks towards the Burning Skies Saloon*

--The saloon--

*walks through the door slowly and takes a seat at the bar*

"Yiski my man, can i have a mug of the strongest stuff you got, ill need it to wake me up while i plot my course to the fjords"

*places a map on the bar and starts to examine it*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1214 on: April 15, 2013, 12:30:09 pm »
-Then it was fixed again-

Zill woke with a start as his personal radio frequency was buzzing. He ran over to answer it.
"Admiral here."

"Greetings Admiral. This is Matty"

"Good to hear you old friend. How's the Black Squid Squad treating you?"

"Stressed as always. Got a new lot of gunners with perfect numbers. Lets hope it equates to skill out here."

"Indeed. What's your location?"

"Just made it to Kian with no spots. We are going to start our patrol between here and Accura in a couple hours."

"Very well. To Clear Skies."

"Amen to that. Matty out."

He set the receiver down and Jun was sitting up in bed watching him.
"Care to explain all the fuss?"

Zill let out a short sigh.
"The Republic is sending a Fleet to raid Firnfeld. I don't think you were here when we were caught off guard as they swept south to take a crack at our lands. It was a poor assumption that never made it to my ears until we had to fend off the raid. We won, but it was a mess. This time, we will be prepared to show force and hopefully keep them contained in Firnfeld."

"Well its good to know you're leading the defense. I feel safer already." *grinning*

*Zill smirks* "Well it'll make merchants grumpy and citizens on edge seeing the defense efforts. Probably good business for Yiski."

"Will you have to go North if they come too close?"

"...Yes."

"I take it I'm not invited to that party."

"I wouldn't dare put you in that position."

"Then promise me one thing?"

"What's that?"

"Come back if you do."

Zill only nodded, and got on his field uniform and gas-mask. He also packed his personal radio in case news came. It would be attached to him like a third arm until this mess was over. Jun'ko got herself ready as well. She lifted his mask for a long kiss before they headed over to the Saloon.