Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1345655 times)

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1185 on: April 14, 2013, 02:03:13 pm »
*gulps some more ale and wipes his mouth with his sleeve*

ahh

*turns to face Wazulu*

"wazulu, never mind the round, why didnt you signal for me i was doing a merchant run around there, Jesus, how many did you lose..."

"more and more go every day, its.... its truly dire..."

*fumbles again in his pockets.*

"AH HA Gotcha, never mind, found some"

*stuffs the pipe with a few pieces of tobacco and puts it to his mouth, looks around again*

"anyone mind if i smoke it here or would you prefer me to sit further back, and wazulu, when did i ever say i was a gentleman" * throws his thumb over his shoulder in the direction of the further back tables*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:07:48 pm by Captain Lockheart »

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: April 14, 2013, 02:19:07 pm »
*To Lockheart*

We lost 2 men on my crew, 3 overall- An ammo pack exploded in combat, shredding our gunner. After that the cold ice caused an engine burnout, all but killing an engineer. One poor soul on our partner ship got hit dead center by a Mercury shell- not enough left to bury him.

Anyway, to happy times and clearer skies *raises jug*

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: April 14, 2013, 02:45:40 pm »
--City Center--

*As the two goes out for their walk, Ny-Lee is by Roland's side with her head under the nook of his neck and an arm around his waist. Roland wraps an arm around Ny-Lee as well pulling her close to him*

*Ny-Lee to Roland*
"So, dear what do you have planned for today. And don't give me the look. It's not that many times where you ask Yiski to go out *she says playfully*"

--Docks--
*After the flooding had died down, BdrLine is outside his house looking at his equipment at the docks*
*His mother come down and sees her son*
"What a storm we had yesterday, are they this bad when they hit?"

*BdrLine, hearing his mother, turns to her*
"Well they only happen when the Firnfeld air moves down south. It takes a day or so for it to pass. But besides that, it clear weather all around."

*Accepting of the answer, Liu starts heading out of the docks*
"Alright then. Well I'll be heading over to Yiski's Saloon then if you need me."

"Hmm? What for?"

"To talk about some wedding arrangements, since I'm here we can at least plan ahead for it."

"Ok then mother, I'll be there once I finish checking all my things"

*As BdrLine goes over to his usual group of workers to help him sort out the damage, Liu starts to walk to the Saloon*
*After a few moments, she arrives and sees Yiski and goes up to him*

"Hello there Yiski, you think you have time to talk about some things?"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 02:47:39 pm by BdrLineAzn »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: April 14, 2013, 03:12:21 pm »
Zill downs his drink and lets out a sigh.
"Well better head to the Council now rather than later. We need more trade, not flakin' taxes."

Liu walks in as Zill gets up. He nods to her and heads out the door. Jun'ko seems rather jittery as she thanks Yiski.
"Oh you. Its amazing you don't have a girl yet Yiski."

She gets up and starts pacing.
"I need to do something. I cant stop moving for the life of me. Wonder why...."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: April 14, 2013, 03:32:33 pm »
*Yiski waves off Zill and Jun'ko. Yiski is slightly worried at a jittery Jun'ko.*

"Maybe there were some side effects after all. Oh well, Zill can deal with it."

*Yiski then greets Liu.*

"Hello again. So what is it you need to ask? Wait. I'm going to guess it's about our young lovin' couple."

--City Center--

*Roland looks to Ny-Lee with a relatively weak smile.*

"I just needed some air is all. I think everything I have done in the last two weeks in finally catching up to me."

*Roland takes a seat near a fountain edge and looks off into the sky.*

"Within two weeks... two weeks I have almost died four times, seen horrors beyond fantasy, and taken lives."

*Roland takes a few deep breaths. Ny-Lee doesn't interrupt and lets him continue.*

"It is not that I am having regrets about the lives I took. I have come to understand it was necessary to protect those I care about. It is just that now I finally have time to reflect on it without having volleys of bullets coming toward me."

*Roland finishes his monologue and continues to look at the sky.*

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: April 14, 2013, 03:58:00 pm »
*pulls out a lighter with the letters JL embossed on the side, then lights the pipe and inhales, due to the lack of objection*

"indeed to happy times and clear skies" *raises mug*

*to yiski*
*turns to face yiski and picks up the fresh ale and has a big gulp, places the mug back on the bar and then takes out his pipe and holds it in his hand*
"anyways the main reason im here, is off of a reccomendation from wazulu" *nods head in wazulu's direction*
"he tells me you have some strong stuff..."

*downs the last of his ale*

"so would you kindly fix me up with some of that" *gestures with pipe to the barrels of alcohol, then places back in his mouth and exhales smoke away from the patrons*

*looks at pocketwatch*

"hey wazulu after this drink where are you headed?, if your anyways up north i can give you a ride"

*turns to yiski*

"the baronies have me deliver a case of armaments to the order of chaladon, who are they fitting to fight with next?"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: April 14, 2013, 04:14:46 pm »
Zill gets about half way to the Hall when Jun'ko begin to really agitate him. She must be feeling effect of the drink and he thought of an idea.
"Hey Jun, how about you visit you place and tidy it up? I imagine its dusty from the weeks of just sitting there."

"Oh my gosh, you're absolutely right! It must be a mess! Ill go and you can meet me when you're done, yay!"

She runs off toward her apartment complex, and Zill sighs in relief. He didn't want to upset her, and he felt like he just dodged a bullet. He gets to the City Center and Into the Hall. The Council was in a meeting when he arrived. He approached the guards and they saluted him.
"How long will this take?"

"Could be all day, Admiral. May I ask the topic of your concern?"

"I've been made aware that the Council allowed the DLTC to impose a 40% tariff on the new Yeshan trade and I came to negotiate."

"Thought so. They have written a counter proposal already and are willing to sign it with your approval."

The guard produces a parchment with the Council seal. Zill reads the letter.

Esteemed Admiral,

We have agreed to accept 30% tax on Yeshan goods as opposed to 40%. 20% goes to DLTC and we cannot alter that. The remaining 10% is for our city to be used as we see fit. We will not go lower on this, and if you oppose the DLTC tax, then do so without any military vessels. This was pre-determined far before this came to pass.

We have heard no word on the Republic raid either. We hope this to be good news, however your task remains unchanged.

He crumpled up the letter and threw it at the guards feet.
"Fine."

He walked off toward the courier's office. He wrote a letter to his recon brigade.
Orders to Black Squid Squadron:

Effective immediately, begin a recon for Republic Fleets between Accura and Kian. It is believed that they are planning a mass raid on Firnfeld and we do not want a repeat of last time. Any information is to hit my personal radio frequency. Time is of the essence, as our Fleet's will need hard intel before they can move from the City. To Clear Skies.

Orders to Grand Fleet:

Effective immediately, prepare for city defense. I want no less than one Galleon and two Pyramidions at each gate. Checks on traffic to and from the city is now in effect. Anything suspicious will be investigated and will be held within the city walls.

Recon Squid teams are permitted to venture as far as and bordering villages.

All remaining vessels are to be on high alert and are to be combat ready.

He stamped his seal and sent it away. He walked out on the Hall Stairs and looked up into the clear Sky.

Mistress help us.

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: April 14, 2013, 04:31:08 pm »
*To Lockheart*

Haha, I'd watch yourself, I wasn't joking when I said this stuff could turn you inside out. Heh, I haven't fought alongside an Anglean for a long time now, I'll take you up on your offer. I've gotta ask: what did you have in mind on our 'trip'?

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: April 14, 2013, 05:00:30 pm »
*to wazulu*

"nothing really, just i would give you a ride to where your off. Also i could do with someone if any bandits try jumpin' us while im delivering this set of armaments...., oh that reminds me, if you need any new weapons for your ship id be happy to supply, for a price.., and of course if your in a scrimmage and you cant hold them off, like usual, then just give me a signal, again for a price because trade here ain't doing so good after the high tar-riffs on yeshan goods..."

« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:04:11 pm by Captain Lockheart »

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: April 14, 2013, 05:09:54 pm »
Alrighty, I could use a gun or two myself- I assume you stock the ammo as well? I don't want to write for one of those pesky Yeshan permits. Heh, and I'll remind you I was in the air while you were in diapers- things were...different back then. People had honour. Seems reputation doesn't count for a bullet between the eyes nowadays.

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: April 14, 2013, 05:17:45 pm »
*smokes pipe some more*
"ha, the years still haven't changed the situation we are all in, and we HAD no honour then, we HAD to survive, like i say that situation hasn't changed..."

*looks at pocketwatch*

"bartender, i would like that drink before me and wazulu head off"
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 05:35:05 pm by Captain Lockheart »

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: April 14, 2013, 05:47:23 pm »
*To Lock*
Everybody tries to survive- that's life, ain't it? I'd say people operated out of desperation before, but now I think it's greed. Call me old, but all this political upset is only going to escalate. We'll see hostile ships in the skies of Anvala before long, mark my words. Speaking of which, drink up, and lets get the hell out of here.

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: April 14, 2013, 05:56:04 pm »
"ill drink to that"

*looks around*

"you know what, i like this place, its hospitable unlike to rest of the shitholes ive been to..., id be happy to lay down my life for ale THIS good.. especially with these spanking new weapons, heck, i could fit out a armada!"

*pulls out a handfull of brass coins and puts them on the bar*

"hold that last drink for me would you"

*grabs sword off of the counter and puts it half way in its scabbard before withdrawing it again and walking towards the door while doing a few practice swings*
*turns to face wazulu*

"are you coming?"

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: April 14, 2013, 06:01:04 pm »
As long as you don't do that with people I know watching. You embarrassing buffoon. I'll see ya round Yiski, keep this place open for us!

*Lockheart and Wazulu leave the Burning Skies*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: April 14, 2013, 07:57:36 pm »
--City Center--

*Roland and Ny-Lee were still sitting at the fountain. Neither said a word and Ny-Lee was leaning against Roland with her arms wrapped around his left and her head resting on his shoulder.*

*Roland shifted a little which caused Ny-Lee to break the embrace. Roland then stood up and stretched.*

"I think I have done enough introspection for the day."

*He reaches down and gestures for Ny-Lee to take his hand.*

"Since we here and I let you sit around doing nothing, I thought I would reward you with a nice dinner."

"Oh... where did you have in mind?"

"Well, it is not as fancy as our first date, but I hear they have a Frost Berry pudding dessert."

*Ny-Lee smiled and took Roland's hand and got up and started walking down toward Cafe Frostbite. When the two arrived, there were a fair number of people, but Roland could spy a few open tables and nobody waiting. A waitress approached them.*

"Is this a party of two?"

"Yes."

"Alright, please follow me."

*Roland and Ny-Lee were seated at a table inside, but overlooked a window into the City Center. After a look at the menus, Roland ordered the Anvalan special which comprised of steak imported from Aleston and a variety of vegetables grown only in the Crown Mountains. Ny-Lee ordered fish imported from the Chill Sea and a few sides with Yeshan origin.*

*As dinner went on, the two started discussing their future plans.*

"Darling, when we get married, are we going to stay here in Anvala, or move to Chang-ning?"

"I'm not sure. If we move back to Chang-ning, I'd probably find a military related job. How about you?"

"Well, before I found myself working full-time for Yiski, I did do some accounting for a few small businesses. I am certain I could get a job whether we stay here or not."

*The two kept talking as they ate dinner. Eventually, Roland ordered the two the Frost Berry pudding for dessert. When it arrived, it was pale blue and sparkled. The two took a spoonful of it and it was complete delicious bliss.*
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:00:31 pm by Yiski »