Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1142134 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #1170 on: April 12, 2013, 10:46:49 pm »
*Yiski sighs.*

"Well, I'd imagine it's five stars compared to sleeping on a galleon. Anyways, you're the last tenant I'm taking unless I decide to start runnin' an inn."

"Then why don't you."

"Because the paperwork alone is a nightmare and I'd have to deal with the Council."

*Jun'ko chuckles. Luckily, Frost Fires were doing their job and Liu and Ny-Lee chuckled too.*

Offline Skyraider

• Salutes: 5
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: April 12, 2013, 11:36:34 pm »
*Sky laughs and replies to Yiski and Zill's conversation"

"Glad I don't have to fix someone's mess."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: April 13, 2013, 12:48:03 am »
--NARRATOR--

This evening was more lively than usual. In order to calm down Ny-Lee and Liu, Roland decided to play a few tunes on the piano.

Realizing how quickly night had fallen, Zill came back to the saloon, deciding to talk to the Council about Paradox's actions of late tomorrow. Zill and Jun'ko took their room upstairs to what Yiski assumed to be new tenants. Well, tenants who get free rent anyways.

The interesting situation arose when Liu asked Ny-Lee where she was staying and Ny-Lee responded she was staying with Roland. Without more clues, Liu knew what the two young lovers were doing and giggled. Liu had to stifle her laughter when she realized how naive her son was to their situation. In the end, Liu decided to stay over at BdrLine's apartment in place of his sister.

Yiski closed up for the night and thought to himself as he was walking to his room.

"Paradox, Liu, Council, and everything else that happens in this city. I wonder how it hasn't fallen on top of itself yet."

With a quick chuckle, Yiski falls asleep.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 66--

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: April 13, 2013, 03:24:27 pm »
--Day 67--

An unforeseen storm had hit Anvala, and nobody could really do anything about it. The City Center issued a warning that all facilities would be closed and citizens should stay inside.

Luckily for Yiski, Zill, Jun'ko, Roland, and Ny, the new Burning Skies was plenty able to withstand the storm. They carried on and had a few drinks. Zill even paid Yiski for their time in the room, though they would be staying longer it would seem.

Time flew by and the storm never let up, so nothing really happened besides the occasional falling over thanks to the new Sake.

--End Day 67--

OOC: Placeholder post for today as we have a Cogs match at 4pm EST. Join the live stream at http://www.twitch.tv/qwerty2jam

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: April 14, 2013, 10:12:38 am »
--START OF DAY 68--

--NARRATOR--

The storm was still hanging over Anvala, but it's intensity had died down heavily. The storm was reduced to light rain and moderate winds. Citizens ventured out in order to survey how much damage had been done over the last day.

Luckily for Yiski, the saloon's construction withstood the storm with ease. The only thing Yiski noticed damaged were a few windows with cracks in them. He would plan on replacing them later, though not today, probably. Yiski then stepped outside and noted the streets were still waterlogged and saw people having some issue maneuvering through the ankle-high waters.

While Yiski was standing outside, Roland and Ny-Lee had come downstairs and greeted Yiski. Without turning around, Yiski just raised his hand in acknowledgement.

Roland and Ny-Lee noticed the saloon wasn't ready to open and started to get to work. When Yiski did turn around and saw what the two were doing.

"Hold it. We're probably going open around noon today."

"Why the delay?"

"Still a little flooding out and I'm sure folks are going to check their damaged properties."

By the time noon rolled around, the waters receded to about an inch, but the saloon was ready for business.

--NARRATOR END--

Offline Captain Lockheart

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 52
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: April 14, 2013, 11:05:33 am »
* Lockheart walks into the bar Briskly, he was different from the last time he had visited the saloon with coldcurse, Not only did he wear different clothing rather than he had a different air about him. His hair was in the "swept" fashion and he was wearing a white longcoat, although it appeared more dirty after several merchant runs through the canyons. A sword clattered at his legs as he walked"
*takes a seat at the bar*

"Say bartender, whats the cheapest stuff you got?"

* fumbles in pocket for money, finds a smoking pipe and places on counter *

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: April 14, 2013, 11:21:37 am »
*Yiski fixes the newcomer a mug of Anvalan Reserve. Yiski looks at him carefully and mentally chuckles to himself.*

"Been getting a lot of foreigners lately. Oh well, they're always good for business."

*Yiski hands him the ale and asks.*

"So what brings you out here? That sword you're carrying says you're Yeshan. Come to think of it, we've gotten a number of Yeshans visiting lately."

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: April 14, 2013, 11:52:33 am »
*takes a gulp of the ale*

*sighs*

"Mainly merchant runs through yesha, a allot of money is to be made there. Although i myself am from the northern fjords. working in yesha makes a nice "warm" change."

*looks at the sword*

"you can really tell that easily?"

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: April 14, 2013, 11:56:38 am »
Zill stumbled down the stairs and cursed under his breath. He didn't sleep well during the storm and his mood this morning reflected it. Jun'ko was still getting ready upstairs.
"Mornin'."

He sat at the bar and asked Yiski for a Clear Skies.
"Headaches, Council, storms. This day has it all for me today."

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: April 14, 2013, 12:03:38 pm »
*Yiski motions for Lockheart to place his sword on the bar. Lockheart does so and Yiski begins explaining a few things.*

"Well, the first dead giveaway is the hilt. The designs are intricate and it has the carving of a dragon in the center which is something Yeshans believe hold high regards for. Second, most infantry troops secondary weapons are standard swords. Only the Yesha use short swords. It also helps that I'm friends with a few Yeshans too."

*Yiski sees Zill coming down and sit at the bar and introduces Zill to the newcomer.*

"Zill, this is, um... actually I never did get your name. Anyways, this here is Admiral Zill of the Anvalan Fleet."

*Yiski then proceeds to make Zill his Clear Skies.*

"So, how is Jun holding up? Did my brew do her any good?"

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: April 14, 2013, 12:04:57 pm »
*Wazulu stumbles in, his long, weathered stormcoat still drying from the storm*

Bloody hell, this place is looking well. What the hell is it mad-*sees Lockheart*

For the sake of the Skywhale Lockheart, why are you all dressed up, you pansy?

*Wazulu sits at bar, gives a wobbly salute*

Mornin' Zill.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: April 14, 2013, 12:16:02 pm »
Zill motions to Yiski in agreement.
"It worked very well. She was quite energetic too, even for her normal self. I think you've made both an elixir and an energy supplement."

He then nods to both Lockheart and Wazulu.
"No need to salute. I'm not so stiff an Admiral as that. Formalities are one thing, but results in the field are my priority."

Jun'ko comes down the stairs looking like new. She walks over to Zill, lifts up his bandana mask for a moment, and gives him a peck.
"Morning everyone. I feel so great today its ridiculous. Thanks so much Yiski."

• Community Ambassador
    • [TFD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: April 14, 2013, 12:48:19 pm »
*Acknowledges the arrival of the others and stands up, still holding the ale*

"Where are my manners, sorry gents, i am Captain Lockheart, Former Fjords military man, now a merchant, as you may have noticed me and Wazulu are already acquainted"

*sits back down and downs the last of his ale*

"And Wazulu..., you were never one to look good nor find a woman." *he says while staring into the bottom of his mug*

* Looks up and gestures for Yiski to come closer, and picks up the pipe that was resting on the bar*

"Im willing to give a few extra Coins to anyone that has some spare pipe tobacco lying around"

*fiddles with pipe, while looking around for any offers...*

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: April 14, 2013, 01:27:16 pm »
*Yiski turns and sees Wazulu.*

"The hell have you been? Haven't seen you for a little over two months."

*Yiski takes Lockheart's empty mug and replaces it with a fresh one. He then smiles to Jun'ko.*

"No, problem Jun. You know I can't help assisting a pretty lady in distress."

*Roland then walks over to Yiski.*

"Yiski, do you mind if Ny-Lee and I head out for a walk?"

"Nope." *Yiski looks over to Ny-Lee.* "Make sure he doesn't stress his ankle too much."

"As if I would let anything happen to him."

*Yiski nodded and the two set off for the City Center.*

Offline Wazulu

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 39
    • [Gent]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: April 14, 2013, 01:46:05 pm »
*to Yiski*

Eh, I got roped into this trip to Chaladon. It's a nice, if slightly odd place. Problem was on the way back we got caught by the wind and sent up North, into the Baronies. They weren't as nice. Lost a couple of folks, but we're back in one piece.

*to Lockheart*

No need to look good up in the air- all you're seeing is ships and guns, and I doubt your hairstyle can take a Hwacha Salvo. On that other matter Lockheart, Gentlemen don't tell of their conquests. I'll buy you a round.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 01:54:21 pm by -Bounty- Wazulu »