Author Topic: Burning Skies Saloon  (Read 1346092 times)

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 42
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
Re: Burning Skies Saloon
« Reply #780 on: March 17, 2013, 11:38:40 pm »
--Saloon--

*Yiski watched as Paradox suddenly started playing in the saloon. He sighed.*
The only reason he plays is when he's sad or horribly mauled a man. Hmm... nope definitely sad.

Paradox, I'm only going to assume something happened between you and Jen.

*Yiski fixed up a Hellfire and handed it to Paradox.*
Care to talk?

--City Center--

*As Ny-Lee rejoined Roland, he gave a kiss on the cheek.*
You did well Ny-Lee. Come on, let us see what else is here.

*Roland handed Dayral a few gold pieces.*
The Great Dayral thanks you sir.

*Roland nodded and the two continued to wander around the Center.*
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 11:41:07 pm by Yiski »

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 18, 2013, 12:09:07 am »
--City Center--
hmm how about a dance house

Offline Papa Paradox

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 31
    • [CA]
    • View Profile
    • Wind and Thunder Gaming
« Reply #782 on: March 18, 2013, 12:09:45 am »
"There never was anything between me and Jen, women aren't a priority right now. It's the anniversary my best friends death, this was his guitar."

Papa rips out a particularly soulful riff and continues to play.

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: March 18, 2013, 12:31:03 am »
--NARRATOR--

--Saloon--

The saloon was silent except for Paradox's guitar. While some may have found it a bit annoying, they dared not disturb his playing unless they wanted to join Paradox's late friend. Others found it actually peaceful and others seemed moved by it.

For Yiski, it reminded him of a time before joining up with Zill. It reminded him of his own late friends.
Micheal and Maria...

For Zill, even though today had been his happiest in the past few years, it still reminded of his accident which left his face disfigured. He placed his hand against his face and sighed. Luckily for Zill, Jun'ko was right there next to him and gave him a kiss on the other side of his face. Though his masked covered his face, the kiss brought a smile.
I guess it's not all that bad.

BdrLine was probably having one of his worst nights ever. Subjected to Wild Wind Ale by his sister and subsequently tackled by the guards, BdrLine was going to be waking up with a massive headache and a sore body.
Hmmm... Mr. Snuggles.... I need you....

Shinkurex wandered out of the saloon shortly after Paradox started playing. He'd already had a bad day with getting fired from the Academy. The last thing he wanted was to be depressed even further.

For Ny-Lee and Roland, the two spent the rest of the night at a local dance house. The two danced... well, Ny-Lee danced gracefully while Roland just shifted his position a little bit. Roland never was all that coordinated. Ny-Lee chuckled at Roland's attempted to dance, but he didn't care about his lack of dancing skill, he was with the girl he loved.
If she is happy, then I am happy. Though learning to dance for next time could not hurt.

I've really got to teach him how to dance.

--NARRATOR END--

--END OF DAY 35--

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: March 18, 2013, 10:43:18 am »
--START OF DAY 36--

--NARRATOR--

Yiski woke up in a somber mood. Paradox playing the blues last night brought up old memories. Granted many of these memories were pleasant, but the pleasantness actually made the loss of his friends hurt more. It was this hesitation which prevented Yiski from telling Roland anything about his parents.
Dammit. I can already feel this is going to be bad.

Roland woke up in exactly the opposite mood as Yiski. Roland was chipper and humming a tune. Despite having no rhythm or coordination, he enjoyed the dance house with Ny-Lee. Yet, the thought of his parents were ever scratching at the back of his mind. He gave a short sigh.
If I can manage to have Ny-Lee as a girlfriend, I should be able to get Yiski to talk about my parents.

Today was going to be a battle of the minds.

--NARRATOR END--
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:07:09 am by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
  • Salutes: 144
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: March 18, 2013, 11:06:01 am »
-Narrator-

The encounter at the Burning Skies with PapaP left Zill a little down, despite Jun'ko's best efforts. She had to tend to her apartment that night and Zill was left in his galleon chambers for his mind to wander the past. This time it was well before his incident. These thoughts were closer to childhood. The sting of the desert, and the raider attacks.

Ah Dusty Mistress. You can be cruel...

Jun'ko was just waking up in her apartment. She clung to a body pillow that poorly represented the Admiral she had grow to admire. She still has family back in The Empire, and friends write occasionally. She has yet to feel the sting of a real loss apart from leaving to adventure the world. She knew the state she left Zill in and let out a faint sigh...

I hope he'll be ok.

-End Narrator-

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: March 18, 2013, 12:39:20 pm »
*Yiski was preparing the saloon for the day when a knock came at the door. Yiski walked over, unlocked, and opened to see Roland.*
Can I come in?

*Yiski sighed and motioned for Roland to come in*
You know you're always allowed inside. I don't see why you always ask. *Yiski sighed again* Well since you're here, I need some help setting up for today.

*The two spent an hour cleaning up the saloon and checking the equipment. When the two finished, Yiski was about to open, but Roland interrupted him.*
Yiski, before you open. I need to ask you something.

Is it about your parents?

Yes.

Damn... I knew Paradox comin' yesterday was some type of omen. Do I even know where to start? Argh.... this is already givin' me bloody headache....

*Yiski stood for a few minutes in silence. He knew he'd have to tell Roland about his parents eventually, but never knew how to go about it.*
Yiski?

Alright. I guess it's about time I did tell you as much as I know about your parents. I'll close up earlier to give me more time. That sound good?

It does.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: March 18, 2013, 01:22:36 pm »
-Saloon-

*Zill got himself moving and went over to the Saloon. He needed something to take the edge off these memories. He opens the door slowly and wanders to the bar.*

WSW, make it double. From the look of your face Yiski, id say we arent feeling much different today.

-City-

*Jun'ko headed into the City Center to get some things for her place. She was still thinking about Zill.*

I really wish i knew how to cheer him up. Hmm....

*She passed by an old watch shop and she instantly knew.*

A gift! That might work..

Offline BdrLineAzn

• Community Ambassador
  • Salutes: 103
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: March 18, 2013, 01:25:51 pm »
--BdrLine's House--
*Ny-Lee is already awake and is downstairs*
*She opt for cooking breakfast, as she is the better cook between her and the brother*
*As she is cooking, her thoughts go back to yesterday where Roland tries to dance*

Hehe, ahh Roland, he looks so cute when he tries. Maybe if we have time i might actually teach him

*While Ny is cooking, its a different story back upstairs with BdrLine*
*From the incident with the WWA, and his hallucinations of Demons and Mr.Snuggles, BdrLine is in a deep nightmare*
*He toss and turns in his bed as a cold sweat comes upon his forehead*

No, no get away... Mr. Snuggles where are you?

*In his dream state*
Over here Bdr *Mr. Snuggles says in a menacing voice* Come here youll be safe. I have a surprise for you

You not Mr. Snuggles... you're, you're one of THEM

Oh thats right,and now you are going to join us as well
*From his back he pulls out a blood stained butcher knife*
*Everything around Bdr goes black as Demon Snuggles rose to giant height with fire engulfing his whole body*
* Maniacal laughter is heard as the demon stomps towards BdrLine*

*Real World*
NO, NO NOOOOO

*Bdr wakes up, and is shaken from his dream*
*He pulls up his legs towards him and hugs them*
*In a low voice he mutters something*

Mama, mama. Where are you?
*He breaks down in a soft cry*

*Back downstairs, Ny-Lee can hear the noise that is coming from her brothers room.*
*Once she heard the scream, she turns off the stove and rushes up to his room*
*She sees her brother quietly crying to himself*
*But once she hears the muttering, she realized what happened*

*Ny goes up to his brother and just holds him in a big embrace*
*Even though BdrLine has been away from his family for only 5 years, his daunting nightmare has shaken him enough to want to call his mother*

*Both siblings just sit there hugging each other not wanting to move*
*Ny-Lee to her brother while still in the hug*
Want to finally call them?

*BdrLine just simply nods his head*

Alright, maybe after breakfast, then will we call. Come on

*Both brother and sister leaves the room in a somber state downstairs*
*During breakfast no words were said*
*After eating, they got dressed and headed towards BdrLine's warehouse to use his radio equipment*
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 01:54:30 pm by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: March 18, 2013, 02:39:35 pm »
--Saloon--

*Yiski turns to Zill and hands Zill a WSW. Yiski decides to make himself one as well.*
Yep. You remember Roland's parents right? Well, I promised him I'd tell him about them after closing.

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: March 18, 2013, 03:13:30 pm »
-Saloon-

*Zill looks up from his drink*

Ah, Micheal and Maria. With all the darkness of those days, they sure did light up the room.

*He takes a swig, steam escaping his mask.*

Thats not going to be fun for you or Roland, but i do think its been a long time coming. To not tell him would be worse at this point.

-City-

*Jun'ko browses the pocket watches for something special. No ordinary watch would do. She spotted a gold one hanging on its own. Upon opening it, she was stunned. The gears were ticking along under the transparent clock face. On the lid was a small engraving. "Every minute with you is worth more than hours without."*

Oh wow. This has to be it. Ive never been so sure!

*She has her initials added to the engraving, and heads to the docks with a grin on her face the entire way.*

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: March 18, 2013, 04:29:23 pm »
*Wakes up*
Ugh.. Dammit... where the hell am I?
*after stumbling out of a rather blood-soaked bed, he takes a look around, seeing a great deal of sharp knives and other wierd looking objects* *the walls start to move and change colors before his eyes*
What the hell is this place? *Grabs his dust rider coat and stumbles over some sort of machine*

*Suddenly a creature emerges from the door-way holding some sharp object in his hand. Spoon grabs his revolver* Who the hell are you? What do you want from me?
*The creature responds* Spoon! It's me, Oliver. What are you doing? Get back to bed, you're not yet recovered*
Ooilevr? You'll never take me you foul creature!
*As Oliver advances on Spoon fires a shot at him, missing by half a meter, then hurls himself out the window, landing outside in the street around some rather surprised citizens*

Ahh, more of you? You'll never catch me alive! *Proceeds by running down the street, shooting blindely in the sky*
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:24:01 pm by RearAdmiralZill »

Offline Yiski

• Community Ambassador
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: March 18, 2013, 04:45:29 pm »
--Saloon--

*Yiski looks around to ensure Roland isn't nearby. When he doesn't see Roland, Yiski turns to Zill*
I know Roland needs to know about his parents. But you sure as hell know like I do there are things which Roland should never know. Especially when it comes to before Micheal and Maria got married.

*Meanwhile, Roland was working in the back room. He was wondering what questions to ask Yiski after closing.*

Offline Sgt. Spoon

• Salutes: 112
    • [Keno]
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: March 18, 2013, 06:20:48 pm »
*A squid flies low over the town*
Ah! A flying monster! *Grabs a random civilian* Don't worry ma'm, I got this.*Spoon runs up upon some barrels and starts climbing the nearest building. Once up he opens fire on the squid, missing every shot completely*

*Said squid, now realising it's under fire, turns in a wild arc towards spoon.* Oh shi..
*Once closing it's distance it fires a wild spray of bullets from their bow gatling gun, bullets ripping the roof to shreds.*
Ahhh!
*Starts running and jumping across the roofs, the squid racing after and firing at him*

Offline RearAdmiralZill

• CA Mod
    • [MM]
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: March 18, 2013, 06:23:15 pm »
-Oliver's house-

*Oliver was stunned. The flash of events that had taken place caught him off guard*

Dear Skies. I really need to stop being nice to everyone all the time. Especially with surgery....Well he's the guard's problem now.

*He cleans up his house, and relaxes in front of the fire.*

-Saloon-

*Zill lowers his voice and shakes his head.*

If that business ever catches up to Roland you know what could happen. And we aint gettin' and younger. Its your call, but hes your boy.

-Docks-

*Jun'ko finds no trace of Zill at the docks. She uses the radio BdrLine gave them awhile go to call the Burning Skies. At first its all static. She kicks it and it begins to work.*

Heeelllloooooo. Anyone there?